Cascadia - Page 8

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 305

Thread: Cascadia

  1. #106
    tau
    tau is offline
    Registered User tau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    13

    Default Re: They won't be newbies forever. And, winter is coming.

    Quote Originally Posted by kaisap112 View Post
    Welcome Cele, I hope you'll enjoy your time here! Now, for more updates.
    Lily Island

    The Silver Forest

    tau: Tetsuya runs for cover, trying his best to get Cylin’s head out from beneath the string left by Caterpie. Meanwhile, Nook hits Caterpie with Tackle, slamming the small bug against a tree like you intended. Caterpie’s not happy though, quick to react with another String Shot – aimed at Nook’s feet, effectively getting him stuck! Upset at the failure of his attack, Nook Growls loudly at Caterpie, who flinches a bit before inching up the tree and stopping on a branch…to do something that looks very much like laughing at you. The nerve!

    What will you do?

    Quinn kept his eyes on the Caterpie, kneeling to get closer to Nooks level. "You alright buddy? Not hurt, are you?" Nook shook his head, the growl still echoing in his throat as he stared down his enemy, the Caterpie. "Alright, pal, listen- he seems to like that String Shot. I want you to tear out of it, then get up that tree- you've practiced this, you can do it, right? Stay on the opposite side of him, until he starts moving- then get behind him, Tackle him out of the tree. Make sure he hits the ground first, yeah?"


  2. #107
    Doll Demon Marion Ette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    61

    Default Re: They won't be newbies forever. And, winter is coming.

    Quote Originally Posted by kaisap112 View Post
    Welcome Cele, I hope you'll enjoy your time here! Now, for more updates.


    Venom Island

    Skull Tunnel

    uhhhhh, Missingno. Master & Marion Ette: Jon and Jen nodded to Keith, grateful for the information on how to get out. Connor’s suggestion to see the map, on the other hand, earned a cringe.

    “Well, sure, not sure how much it’ll help you though…” Jon pulled out a map that seemed to be very accurate and detailed – for Bane Forest. A little bit from where the cave entrance to the Skull Tunnel started the drawings began to look more like ten Ekans had run the map over. “We got kinda busy saving our butts from angry Seviper and angry Trubbish. But I suppose you can tell that.” He looked at Jen when sightings of Sakura came up. “I think we might have seen something like a running flashlight. Did we, Jen?”

    “Oh yes! We did! Ran right past my foot, it did. Oh, no worries, I didn’t step on it.”

    Marion suddenly asked the two about Team Aqua and Team Magma. Jon and Jen looked at each other in confusion. “Team who? Sorry, we’re from Johto originally, we only know about Team Rocket. It’s weird; you’re not the first one to ask us that. Why is that? Are they cartographers too?” Jon smiled in a dreamy manner at the idea of an organization of cartographers. “Oh, right, we probably should get out of your way, we really hope you find your friend!”

    Jon and Jen wave at you as they politely walk past you and toward the entrance they had just been pointed at. As soon as the duo has left, an empty, crushed can flies from around the corner, hitting a wall. This startles you a bit, but not as much as sudden noise – angry hissing and squealing Marion instantly recognizes as Sakura!

    Your whole group rushes down the tunnel, with more and more trash flying your way the deeper you go. Some of it is light stuff like crumpled napkins, but scrapped metal flying at your face is far less pleasant of an experience. After a while of dodging things you arrive at a more open area, littered with trash and trash bags all over. In the middle of the area is a group of Seviper. There seem to be six of them, all angry and looking for something. You can hear Sakura again – at the same time as another piece of metal flies at one of the Sevipers. Right as said Seviper heads for a pile of rotting food the whole gang notices you. They don’t seem happy at all about having their hunt interrupted and leap right at you, readying a sextuple of Poison Fang!

    What will you do?
    Marion shakes her head at the dreamy manner with which Jon regards the idea of a group of cartographers. "Those groups are more terrorism than cartography, Jon... I would steer clear of them if I were you. Team Aqua wants to cover the entire earth with water, while Team Magma wants the entire earth covered in land. Would really disrupt the balance of-"

    Marion would say more, but she realizes now is not the time, and Jon and Jen are on their way out. "Thank you for your help," she says to them with a bow as they head out. As soon as they leave, however, the trio hears a vicious, hissing noise; Marion immediately shouts out, "SAKURA," alerting the others to the fact that Marion's Nincada is indeed the one making the noise. The three rush towards Sakura as quickly as they can, dodging flying debris varying in size and weight from pieces of paper to scrap metal, before finding themselves in the trash-nest of six angry Seviper. They leap towards the group, fangs bared, and Sangre immediately leaps into action, flashing a Confuse Ray at them in order to disorient the vicious creatures and prevent them from attacking. He then dives towards the Seviper closest to Marion with a Zen Headbutt, hoping to knock the stuffing out of the snake.

    Marion, who has also noticed the threat of being bitten, immediately calls out her Ninetales, Aislyn. The red-eyed fox immediately focuses in on the Seviper the moment she is called out, sensing that there is danger. Her tails twitch violently as she awaits Marion's order to attack; fortunately, she does not have to wait long. "Aislyn, use your Extrasensory powers on Seviper!" The Ninetales wastes no time carrying out orders, targeting the Seviper closest to Marion that has not been targeted by Sangre.

  3. #108
    Totally Funk blazeVA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    42

    Default Re: They won't be newbies forever. And, winter is coming.

    Quote Originally Posted by kaisap112 View Post
    Venom Island

    Bane Forest

    blazeVA: A quieter approach might have worked for your advantage. The Trubbish drops the can it was going for, the ears on the top of its head twitching in fear. It shoots Poison Gas at you before running as fast as it can for the bushes. It suddenly makes a loud cry, which causes two other Trubbish to run at it from the forest! While you try to deal with the gas, the trio run off deep into the forest and out of your sight.

    What will you do?
    Blaze soon found out that charging at the Trubbish was a bad idea, as the Trubbish sees Blaze coming and freaks the hell out. It drops the can it was going after, and takes a deep breath in. It breathes out a Poison Gas that blows over the forest. Blaze runs headlong into it, and finds himself in a sudden coughing fit. He chokes on the poison gases and falls to the ground, trying to get out of the cloud. The Trubbish squeaks a noise, and two more Trubbish come out and run with him, deep into the forest.

    Meanwhile, Hades merely floated over to Blaze.

    "Nice fuck-up. Blitzing like the Nazis probably was not the best idea."

    "Come on, *cough cough* help me out of this cloud, Hades."

    "Maybe I will, maybe I won't."

    Blaze crawled on the ground, over the garbage. It was unclear whether or not he would survive...or if Hades would help him. 'I have to get out...and get that Trubbish...'

  4. #109
    Showtime. uhhhhh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    145

    Default Re: They won't be newbies forever. And, winter is coming.

    Quote Originally Posted by kaisap112 View Post
    Venom Island

    Skull Tunnel

    uhhhhh, Missingno. Master & Marion Ette: Jon and Jen nodded to Keith, grateful for the information on how to get out. Connor’s suggestion to see the map, on the other hand, earned a cringe.

    “Well, sure, not sure how much it’ll help you though…” Jon pulled out a map that seemed to be very accurate and detailed – for Bane Forest. A little bit from where the cave entrance to the Skull Tunnel started the drawings began to look more like ten Ekans had run the map over. “We got kinda busy saving our butts from angry Seviper and angry Trubbish. But I suppose you can tell that.” He looked at Jen when sightings of Sakura came up. “I think we might have seen something like a running flashlight. Did we, Jen?”

    “Oh yes! We did! Ran right past my foot, it did. Oh, no worries, I didn’t step on it.”

    Marion suddenly asked the two about Team Aqua and Team Magma. Jon and Jen looked at each other in confusion. “Team who? Sorry, we’re from Johto originally, we only know about Team Rocket. It’s weird; you’re not the first one to ask us that. Why is that? Are they cartographers too?” Jon smiled in a dreamy manner at the idea of an organization of cartographers. “Oh, right, we probably should get out of your way, we really hope you find your friend!”

    Jon and Jen wave at you as they politely walk past you and toward the entrance they had just been pointed at. As soon as the duo has left, an empty, crushed can flies from around the corner, hitting a wall. This startles you a bit, but not as much as sudden noise – angry hissing and squealing Marion instantly recognizes as Sakura!

    Your whole group rushes down the tunnel, with more and more trash flying your way the deeper you go. Some of it is light stuff like crumpled napkins, but scrapped metal flying at your face is far less pleasant of an experience. After a while of dodging things you arrive at a more open area, littered with trash and trash bags all over. In the middle of the area is a group of Seviper. There seem to be six of them, all angry and looking for something. You can hear Sakura again – at the same time as another piece of metal flies at one of the Sevipers. Right as said Seviper heads for a pile of rotting food the whole gang notices you. They don’t seem happy at all about having their hunt interrupted and leap right at you, readying a sextuple of Poison Fang!

    What will you do?
    Connor looked at the map that Jon and Jen showed to him. To his dismay, it was not quite what he was expecting though he was surprised at how detailed Bane Forest was. "Nothing for Skull Tunnel huh, I guess that would make sense, still... this could come in handy," Connor said as he took a picture of the map anyway. He thought it would help the three sometime.

    As soon as the duo had left however, the group of three could hear a metal can that was tossed to a nearby wall followed by hissing and a squeal that Marion immediately recognized as Sakura. "Just our luck, they found her first!" Foster said to the group. "Come on guys, let's hurry!" Connor said to them as they dashed off to where the sound was coming from, dodging trash that was coming their way. Eventually, they found a group of Sevipers, six of them in fact, who looked like they were looking for Sakura.

    "Darn it... there's too ma-ny of them!" Foster cursed as the six Sevipers were now heading towards them. Gaspard immediately jumped down from Connor's shoulder to face them. "Ai-ai? Pom, aipom!" Connor then looked at Keith and Marion, each of them having two Pokemon out already, "Right, this is a bit more fair. Six against six," Connor mumbles to himself. The Seviper in front of them notices the trio and immediately attempts to attack them with Poison Fang. "Foster, Mimic Myrtle's Psychic and use Psychic against them! Gaspard, Work Up yourself and unleash a Swift attack to target all of the Seviper!" Connor was quick in giving out orders to the two of them.

  5. #110
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    64

    Default Re: They won't be newbies forever. And, winter is coming.

    Quote Originally Posted by kaisap112 View Post
    Ruin Island

    Amor Temple
    OkikuMew: Rawk attempts to Growl at the Poochyena, but the Poochyena doesn’t seem fazed by this. Rawk’s not about to give up though, taking flight in preparation of Fly while Otsu uses Knock Off to smack Poochyena out of balance. Poochyena gets pushed back a bit, leaving it right in front of Rawk’s attack!

    Rawk smiles a bit, going right at his target…!

    Suddenly, there’s a flash. Something yellow has appeared in front of Poochyena and it has equally red eyes. Rawk starts to glow a bright blue, stopped in mid-air, completely helpless. Otsu stares at this spectacle, right before he too starts to glow. As you stare in utter shock, your two Pokémon are thrown right at you, causing all three of you to fall down the stairs.

    When you land at the bottom of the stairs, you look up at the top: you have been utterly thrown around like toys by an Abra. Before you have the time to voice protest, Abra teleports away and four more Poochyena appear, every last one growling at you with eyes the same eerie red as Abra's just now. While you try to figure out how to handle this situation, a voice calls out to you from behind you.

    “Hey, you! Come here, it’s not safe to go up there!” This young woman, dressed in the signature outfit of a Pokémon Breeder, helps you get up before ushering you toward the direction of the closest Pokémon Center. “That group’s been attacking everyone who goes anywhere near the temple, but let’s just go to the Pokémon Center. I’ll explain this to you when we get there, I don’t want them to attack again.”

    What will you do?
    Stats R here!



    Rawk, being the little stuck-up he is, gives the biggest growl he got in his puffed-up chest... but the Poochyena didn't even squint. I see in my Starly's eyes a twinkle of fury, determined to hit him hard on his next move while preparing it. In the mean time, just as I planned, Omenya attacks the dog to do the most damage, to distract him and to get him open for an easy attack from Rawk, who smiles seeing the great opportunity. He starts losing attitude at high speed, diving down directly at the Poochyena... and then he freezes in mid-air, while glowing in a blue aura.

    "Wut?" I exclaim, jerking my head forward in the surprise.

    I look back at Omen who, for the first time since I know him, didn't wear his infamous smile; instead he has an extremely shocked expression. It didn't took time for him too, be affected by the blue, paralyzing aura.

    "What in the world...!?"

    And suddenly, both of my Pokémon are thrown off. Right in my face and stomach... and pushing me down all those stairs. ...I think I never being more in pain than this. When our fall was finally over, we catch our own breath and look up the temple, confused on who could do that... and it was a simple Abra, which disappears and leaves behind five very angry Poochyena walking and staring right at us. I move my hand towards my backpack's belt which has my Spheal Hershel...

    "Hey, you!" a feminine voice screams at me. "Come here, it’s not safe to go up there!"

    ...You don't say...? I turn around to see a young, typical Pokémon breeder. She helps me getting back on my feet, while Starly brushes up his feathers and Otsu spins around himself to gain his composure.

    "That group’s been attacking everyone who goes anywhere near the temple," the girl continues while pulling my arm, "but let’s just go to the Pokémon Center. I’ll explain this to you when we get there, I don’t want them to attack again."

    "W-wait a sec lady!" I hold my ground, slightly tugging away from her own pull.

    I very quickly thought of the situation: As much as I want to get in that place and discover what's going on on my own, we're in a bad... disposition. I sigh, wish I didn't need to do this and run away from a temple adventure, take out my two Pokémon's pokéballs and call them back.

    "Alright, let's go..." In pain, I start limping quickly towards the direction the breeder was going before I stopped. "Soooo what's goin' on with those guys? Someone stole their sweet roll or somethin'?"

    Geez, for some reason, I got a case of déjà vu here...
    Last edited by OkikuMew; 13th September 2012 at 09:35 PM. Reason: Changed my Shuppet's name. Noticed I had his name wrong... Darn you bad name sources...

  6. #111
    Registered User Celebii151's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    28

    Default Re: They won't be newbies forever. And, winter is coming.

    Quote Originally Posted by kaisap112 View Post
    Welcome Cele, I hope you'll enjoy your time here! Now, for more updates.

    Glacier Island

    Icicle Caverns

    Celebii151: You and Boing make your way to a frozen cave. As you soon notice, you’ll have to move slowly since the floor is very, very slippery. Boing falls over after a few “steps” forward, hitting his nose on the floor in the process.

    After you half-walk, half-slide your way further in, you hear little footsteps. You hide behind a decent-sized rock to see what’s coming. To your amazement, a small Snorunt walks right from where you came inside – holidng a Dawn Stone! This must mean the Snorunt is a male. He’s not at all bothered by the icy floor, moving forward with confidence.

    Now, you could try and battle Snorunt – but you could also keep quiet and see what he’s up to, which might prove to be a smart choice…

    What will you do?
    Cele and Boing make their way deeper inside the cave. Boing has some trouble keeping balance on the frozen floor, falling over several times, landing his nose. "Owowowow! My nose!" Boing yells telepathically. Cele can't help but laugh a bit at Boing's inability to skip, before he falls over himself, falling on his butt. Boing giggles a bit at this development, while Cele gets up, rubbing his sore butt. "Okay, neither of us a very good skaters. Let's keep going." Cele said. They make their way deeper inside the cave, careful not to slip. "This place is cold and boring. There ice, ice and what's that? More ice." Boing complained. "Try to keep an open mind, Boing, I'm sure we'll find something soon. Wait, do you hear that?" Cele said. Boing stopped moving, apart from bouncing to listen. "They sound like footsteps. We should hide." Cele and Boing both hid behind a rock that would be able to conceal both of them. They waited and watched for what was coming.

    A triangular shadow appeared on the wall, looking terrifying. Then a small Snorunt walked inside, holding a blue, shiny stone, which Cele presumed was a Dawn Stone, which was used to evolve various Pokemon, including female Snorunt. That meant this Snorunt was male. Cele brought out his Pokedex and scanned Snorunt from the cover of the rock. It came to life. "Snorunt, the Snow Hat Pokémon. It is said that several Snorunt gather under giant leaves and live together in harmony." "Boing, I think we should wait and see what he's doing. Might be interesting...

  7. #112
    Registered User kaisap112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    58
    Blog Entries
    5

    Visit kaisap112's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Cascadia

    Just a note to uhhhhh, MM and Marion: the number of attacks is limited to two moves per Pokémon. Do your best!


    Venom Island

    Skull Tunnel

    uhhhhh, Missingno. Master & Marion Ette: Your battle with the vicious Seviper begins. Sangre’s Confusion Ray hits two Seviper, causing them to smack each other’s tails with Poison Fang, making an uroboros-like image. Zen Headbutt and Aislyn’s Extrasensory manage to tear the two apart, flinging them on opposites sides of the room. Still confused, one of them leaps with speed right at Connor’s leg, biting hard into it! This could be very bad…

    Meanwhile, Pomona shoots off Attract at the Seviper, which turns out to be…a wasted move, the Seviper show no sign of affection toward Pomona! They’re all female. Pomona moves on to Plan B, String Shot, which manages to tie the mouths of two Seviper, effectively rendering their Poison Fang useless. One of them jumps right at Pomona regardless, earning herself a full serving of Sludge. This causes little damage. Myrtle’s Psychich on the other hand causes plenty of damage, throwing the same Seviper into a pile of trash. Sakura jumps out from the pile – in utter panic, hurriedly diving into the next pile.

    Before Connor was struck by a Seviper, he managed to command his team into action. Foster Mimics Myrtle’s Psychic successfully, throwing another Seviper against a wall. Gaspard Works Up all his might, launching off Swift, which does hit all Seviper – but causes Sakura to squeal in further panic, nearly hit by the attack as well. There’s still a very angry and confused Seviper with her teeth deep in Connor’s leg though…

    What will you do?



    Bane Forest

    blazeVA: Stuck in the gas and Hades providing no assistance, your situation seems hopeless. Suddenly you have a flash of realization: gas expands in heat but decreases in volume when faced with cold. Heat expansion is basic physics, luckily enough. Wherever you remember this bit of information from doesn’t matter – you’ve got a lifeline. Maybe another member of your team could cool down this situation?

    What will you do?



    Crater Island

    Iridi Beach

    Meetan: Torchic begins the battle with Focus Energy and FeatherDance – as charming as the moves are, and definitely having an effect on Grace, Daisy doesn’t seem too phased by this. “Grace, let’s keep them going with Encore! Then use Cosmic Power and Metronome!”

    Grace happily swings her arms around, causing Torchic to repeat FeatherDance again instead of using Mud Slap like he was supposed to. To make up for the repeat-performance, Grace powers herself up with Cosmic Power right before unleashing Metronome – making everyone hold their breath. This could be nothing or a complete disaster for you…

    Metronome turns into…Sing. Luckily for you, Torchic is so busy doing his dance that he doesn’t fall asleep. But Encore is still a problem for you…

    What will you do?



    Lily Island

    The Silver Forest

    tau: Nook nods eagerly, speeding up into a run in order to get out of the string. He goes faster and faster until suddenly, the string snaps off his paws – causing Nook to run smack into the tree. It’s not a complete disaster though, as Caterpie is shaken off the branch it was sitting on. Caterpie’s not about to give up though, shooting String Shot at the branch and hanging off the string like a mini-Tarzan. Nook shakes his head a bit, and then notices the Caterpie on a string. The small Bug-type is busy trying to gain momentum though…it might be trying to run for it.

    What will you do?



    Ruin Island

    Amor Temple

    OkikuMew: The breeder laughs humorlessly at Okiku’s suggestion of stolen sweet rolls. “I’m pretty sure the situation wouldn’t be this bad if we could just throw sweets at them and everything would be fine.” She sighs as the two of you keep walking to the Pokémon Center. “Firstly though, I’m Elena. Wish we hadn’t met under such dangerous circumstances…” She sticks her hand out for a handshake. You’ve reached the doors of the Center before you even realized it.

    “So about that gang over there…you see, we had this one trainer here last week with an Abra. Bet you can see where this is going. Well, in any case, the Abra was pretty weak at that point and the trainer wasn’t too happy with it. He pretty much tried to beat battle experience into it.” Elena shakes her head. “We all tried to get him to stop it, but as if that type of people ever listen to reason. Eventually he just…left Abra at the temple and left. We don’t know exactly how the rest of it went down, but suddenly we’ve got a super powered Abra running the temple with all those Poochyena and attacking every single human on sight.”

    Elena sits down on a cushion in the Center, motioning you to take a seat as well. “As you could see there, we’re not exactly making progress with the front door. We’ve been thinking about making a Poochyena lead us in or something, but those haven’t been co-operative as of late. So until we somehow solve this problem, there’s no going near the temple for anyone.”

    What will you do?



    Glacier Island

    Icicle Caverns

    Celebii151: As you get information on Snorunt through the Pokédex, the Snorunt with a Dawn Stone stops moving near a pile of snow. He looks around him for a bit before diving into the snow…but the sound doesn’t stop there, there’s a sound much like a little child sliding down a playground slide. As you and Boing wonder what you’ve just seen, a second Snorunt walks on the scene, this one also carrying a Dawn Stone! He jumps into the pile of snow, followed by the sliding noise, just like the first Snorunt. Now, unless Snorunt usually hold Dawn Stone Conventions, this is definitely strange.

    What will you do?



    Ion Island

    Storm Lake

    Fireray: You and your Cyndaquil walk on toward the lake. Once you’re done contemplating how on Earth water conducts electricity, you heard loud screaming behind you. As you turn to look, you get trampled by something big, yellow and black.

    “BUZZ! GET BACK HERE OR I’LL RA- oh. Hi there, lol. You didn’t see my Electabuzz, did ya? Buzz is the name, his I mean, lol. Mine’s Troll.”

    You blink a few times while processing this information. This young man doesn’t use “laugh out loud” – he simply says “lol”. What you can process better is the fact that he’s got bright red hair and an annoying smile plastered on his face.

    What will you do?

  8. #113
    tau
    tau is offline
    Registered User tau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    13

    Default Re: Cascadia

    Quote Originally Posted by kaisap112 View Post
    The Silver Forest

    tau: Nook nods eagerly, speeding up into a run in order to get out of the string. He goes faster and faster until suddenly, the string snaps off his paws – causing Nook to run smack into the tree. It’s not a complete disaster though, as Caterpie is shaken off the branch it was sitting on. Caterpie’s not about to give up though, shooting String Shot at the branch and hanging off the string like a mini-Tarzan. Nook shakes his head a bit, and then notices the Caterpie on a string. The small Bug-type is busy trying to gain momentum though…it might be trying to run for it.

    What will you do?
    [/color]
    Quinn gritted his teeth, his free hand clenching into a fist as Nook got himself back into a position to move. "Nook, give him a growl to get his attention back on you, then tackle him off that string and get him on the ground!" The fingers of his right hand dug into the empty Pokeball, but he knew if he threw it now the Caterpie would just break out. He had to wait and wear him out- this Caterpie had been going for who knew how long, and Nook was freshly rested, and had the speed advantage. They could do this, he knew it.


  9. #114
    Doll Demon Marion Ette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    61

    Default Re: Cascadia

    Quote Originally Posted by kaisap112 View Post
    Just a note to uhhhhh, MM and Marion: the number of attacks is limited to two moves per Pokémon. Do your best!


    Venom Island

    Skull Tunnel

    uhhhhh, Missingno. Master & Marion Ette: Your battle with the vicious Seviper begins. Sangre’s Confusion Ray hits two Seviper, causing them to smack each other’s tails with Poison Fang, making an uroboros-like image. Zen Headbutt and Aislyn’s Extrasensory manage to tear the two apart, flinging them on opposites sides of the room. Still confused, one of them leaps with speed right at Connor’s leg, biting hard into it! This could be very bad…

    Meanwhile, Pomona shoots off Attract at the Seviper, which turns out to be…a wasted move, the Seviper show no sign of affection toward Pomona! They’re all female. Pomona moves on to Plan B, String Shot, which manages to tie the mouths of two Seviper, effectively rendering their Poison Fang useless. One of them jumps right at Pomona regardless, earning herself a full serving of Sludge. This causes little damage. Myrtle’s Psychich on the other hand causes plenty of damage, throwing the same Seviper into a pile of trash. Sakura jumps out from the pile – in utter panic, hurriedly diving into the next pile.

    Before Connor was struck by a Seviper, he managed to command his team into action. Foster Mimics Myrtle’s Psychic successfully, throwing another Seviper against a wall. Gaspard Works Up all his might, launching off Swift, which does hit all Seviper – but causes Sakura to squeal in further panic, nearly hit by the attack as well. There’s still a very angry and confused Seviper with her teeth deep in Connor’s leg though…

    What will you do?
    Though Sangre and Aislyn initially seem to have their Seviper under control, when they are torn apart and flung on opposite sides of the room, one of them manages to bite down on Connor's leg before anyone can so much as react. "CONNOR," Marion cries out, reaching out towards him, though it is already too late to stop what has already occurred. Marion would have to act fast... Every moment that the Seviper had her fangs sunk into Connor's leg meant more poison coursing through his veins... She immediately points to that Seviper to draw her Pokemon's attention.

    "AISLYN, HYPNOSIS ON THAT SEVIPER NOW, THEN DIG OVER TO THE SEVIPER TO THE OTHER SIDE OF THE ROOM AND KEEP IT DISTRACTED! SANGRE USE YOUR BITE TO GRAB THAT SEVIPER ON CONNOR'S LEG WITH ALL OF YOUR MIGHT, BUT TRY TO GET HER OFF OF CONNOR'S LEG AS GENTLY AS YOU CAN! ONCE IT'S OFF, USE YOUR AIR CUTTER ON IT!" Aislyn and Sangre immediately spring into action; though Sangre was not one to be gentle in most circumstances, he would at least be pacified by being able to gnaw on the Seviper as brutally as he wanted to while gingerly removing the Seviper from Connor's leg. Marion hoped that once the Seviper was removed, some First-Aid could hopefully be administered... Of course, they needed to defeat the other Seviper first, lest someone else get bitten!

    As the battle rages on, Marion sees Sakura quickly dive from one trash pile to another; based on where her squeal seems to be located when Gaspard unleashes his Swift Attack, Marion tries activating Sakura's Pokeball, sending the beam of light in the direction of the squeal in hopes that she will be able to recall Sakura out of danger.
    Last edited by Marion Ette; 14th September 2012 at 10:21 AM.

  10. #115
    Warrior at heart
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8

    Default Re: Cascadia

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Lily Island
    With a totally different landscape from the first, Lily Island is the second largest of the archipelago. Completely covered with vegetation, this island was also formed by a volcano. However, erosion has taken this island down to almost flat, and giving many homes to all types of grass and bug Pokemon among others. Inside the dense jungle, which takes up about a half of the island, there is a very small lake. There are two different forests on the island, and you can tell when you've gone from one forest to another. Besides being divided by the Diamond River, some strange force causes them to have completely different climates as well...
    The Red Forest - Quite possibly the most dangerous of all of the areas in Cascadia, the Red Forest was named after the savage conditions it provides. Many ruthless and savage Pokemon live in this dense rainforest, of which many attack without warning. There's no telling what types of Pokemon you may find here. It is said that a small freshwater lake is somewhere in this forest as well.

    Hallow eagerly stepped off the ferry they had taken on a whim, he had hoped that this trip would cheer Grace up, she had been a little down as of late,

    It had been nearly a month now since Hallow and Grace arrived in the land of Fizzy Bubble seeking romance,
    and even though they have had a few adventures and met many different kinds of trainers...,
    truth be told he just didn't know what was wrong,

    "There's a good chance that many grass and bug type pokemon would live around here, perfect time to do some training, what do you say Grace?," Hallow asked his partner,
    Vuplix let out a sigh of a 'Vul...,'
    With worry painted on his face, she's getting worse, he thought,
    Hallow kneel'ed down and patted her head,
    "Hey, if we're lucky we might even make a friend along the way, what do you think?,"
    Vulpix shook with anticipation,
    "That is, if they are strong enough," chuckled Hallow,


    [Stats.]
    Last edited by Takeo; 3rd November 2012 at 04:47 AM.

  11. #116
    Avatar loading... 23% Missingno. Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Wouldn't you like to know?
    Posts
    1,396
    Blog Entries
    133

    Default Re: Cascadia

    Quote Originally Posted by kaisap112 View Post
    Just a note to uhhhhh, MM and Marion: the number of attacks is limited to two moves per Pokémon. Do your best!


    Venom Island

    Skull Tunnel

    uhhhhh, Missingno. Master & Marion Ette: Your battle with the vicious Seviper begins. Sangre’s Confusion Ray hits two Seviper, causing them to smack each other’s tails with Poison Fang, making an uroboros-like image. Zen Headbutt and Aislyn’s Extrasensory manage to tear the two apart, flinging them on opposites sides of the room. Still confused, one of them leaps with speed right at Connor’s leg, biting hard into it! This could be very bad…

    Meanwhile, Pomona shoots off Attract at the Seviper, which turns out to be…a wasted move, the Seviper show no sign of affection toward Pomona! They’re all female. Pomona moves on to Plan B, String Shot, which manages to tie the mouths of two Seviper, effectively rendering their Poison Fang useless. One of them jumps right at Pomona regardless, earning herself a full serving of Sludge. This causes little damage. Myrtle’s Psychich on the other hand causes plenty of damage, throwing the same Seviper into a pile of trash. Sakura jumps out from the pile – in utter panic, hurriedly diving into the next pile.

    Before Connor was struck by a Seviper, he managed to command his team into action. Foster Mimics Myrtle’s Psychic successfully, throwing another Seviper against a wall. Gaspard Works Up all his might, launching off Swift, which does hit all Seviper – but causes Sakura to squeal in further panic, nearly hit by the attack as well. There’s still a very angry and confused Seviper with her teeth deep in Connor’s leg though…

    What will you do?
    OOC: All female? Seriously?
    Keith facepalmed as Pomona's Attract had no effect whatsoever, but the other attacks seem to work a little bit at least. Nevertheless, Pomona's moves didn't seem to be doing too much. And then a Seviper sank its fangs into Connor's leg. "Arceus damn it!" Keith exclaimed, more out of surprise than anything else. As Marion had already given orders, including ones regarding removal of the Seviper from Connor's leg, Keith decided to focus more on the other Seviper at this moment.

    "OK! Pomona, hit the nearest one with Take Down, and follow up with Leaf Storm! Myrtle, daze them with Flash, then blast them with Psychic once more!"

  12. #117
    Registered User kaisap112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    58
    Blog Entries
    5

    Visit kaisap112's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Cascadia

    Lily Island

    The Silver Forest

    tau: A loud Growl leaves Nook, getting Caterpie’s attention – but the little one isn’t about to give up just yet. It swings back in a large arch, and then jumps on the other end of the swinging motion, leaping gloriously into the air. Too bad you didn’t bring a camera for this.

    “I have never seen that kind of behavior.” You jump a bit at Tetsuya’s sudden appearance right next to. Apparently he got his partner out of the string, but now he was busy scribbling a memo on a notepad. “Is it evolutionary or is this specific individual smarter than average? Hmm…”

    Nook and you aren’t exactly in a place to be thinking about Tetsuya’s theories right now, Nook already running right at Caterpie. He jumped, meeting Caterpie mid-air, Tackling the little bug down on the ground. Despite the injuries, Caterpie still gets back up…struggling while at it, but getting up nonetheless. It glares at Nook right before Tackling him right back, sending the Zigzagoon some feet backwards.

    What will you do?



    The Red Forest

    Takeo: You and your Vulpix make your way further into the forest. While you’re busy trying to cheer up your partner, there’s loud squealing coming from beyond a row of bushes. You quietly take a look on the other side…

    On a rather open area surrounded by trees you see a rather large Ariados. It’s not alone though: there is also a small Spinarak. Both are squealing and hissing at each other, in what looks like an argument. The face on Spinarak’s back seems very angry. Suddenly, Spinarak launches a Sucker Punch at Ariados right before running in the opposite direction. Ariados doesn’t seem too fazed by this, shooting String Shot that glues Spinarak to the ground. Spinarak tries to retaliate with Poison Sting – but Ariados dodges the move with a small movement to the right.

    What will you do?

  13. #118
    Warrior at heart
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8

    Default Re: Cascadia

    Quote Originally Posted by kaisap112 View Post
    The Red Forest
    Takeo: You and your Vulpix make your way further into the forest. While you’re busy trying to cheer up your partner, there’s loud squealing coming from beyond a row of bushes. You quietly take a look on the other side…

    On a rather open area surrounded by trees you see a rather large Ariados. It’s not alone though: there is also a small Spinarak. Both are squealing and hissing at each other, in what looks like an argument. The face on Spinarak’s back seems very angry. Suddenly, Spinarak launches a Sucker Punch at Ariados right before running in the opposite direction. Ariados doesn’t seem too fazed by this, shooting String Shot that glues Spinarak to the ground. Spinarak tries to retaliate with Poison Sting – but Ariados dodges the move with a small movement to the right.

    What will you do?
    --After leaving port, Hallow and Grace headed straight into the undergrowth of The Red Forest--

    The forest contained a number of large trees that seemed to tower like skyscrapers,
    The sun shined brightly, escaping through the tree's leaves and touching the ground,

    They walked, enjoying both the quiet serenity and shade,
    That was, until a loud shrill cry broke through the silence,
    "What was that?," Hallow asked, puzzled,
    "it sounds like its coming from behind those bushes over there,"
    They quietly creep'ed to take a look,

    --On the other side of the bushes--
    On a rather open area surrounded by trees,
    A rather large Ariados was arguing with a small Spinarak,
    Both were squealing and hissing at each other,
    "I wonder what they are saying," He said looking at Grace,
    Who seemed to understand what was going on...,
    The face on Spinarak’s back seemed to be very angry.

    Unexpectedly, Spinarak launched a Sucker Punch at Ariados, nailing it right in the face,
    Spinarak seized the appropriate to run away, but the Ariados wasn't fazed at all by the attack, shooting a String Shot, catching and gluing the Spinarak to the ground.
    Spinarak tried to retaliate with Poison Sting attack – but Ariados simply dodged the move with a small maneuver to the right.

    -Behind the bushes--
    "That poor Spinarak, it's getting bullied!, we have to do something,"
    --Expecting a reply from Grace--
    "...Grace..?,"
    Grace had already jumped into the fray and was rushing toward's Ariados,
    *faceplam*
    Act first, think later, huh?
    "Alright Grace, use Ember to show him whose boss, then use Tail Whip to lower it's defense, follow up with Flame Charge!,"


    [Stats.]
    Last edited by Takeo; 26th October 2012 at 03:44 AM.

  14. #119
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    25

    Default Re: Cascadia

    Quote Originally Posted by kaisap112 View Post
    Crater Island

    Iridi Beach

    Meetan: Torchic begins the battle with Focus Energy and FeatherDance – as charming as the moves are, and definitely having an effect on Grace, Daisy doesn’t seem too phased by this. “Grace, let’s keep them going with Encore! Then use Cosmic Power and Metronome!”

    Grace happily swings her arms around, causing Torchic to repeat FeatherDance again instead of using Mud Slap like he was supposed to. To make up for the repeat-performance, Grace powers herself up with Cosmic Power right before unleashing Metronome – making everyone hold their breath. This could be nothing or a complete disaster for you…

    Metronome turns into…Sing. Luckily for you, Torchic is so busy doing his dance that he doesn’t fall asleep. But Encore is still a problem for you…

    What will you do?


    Alice grimaces. Encore is not bloody helpful, but at least it was on Featherdance and not Focus Energy. At this point, any physical attack that Clefairy could try to launch, like Pound, would be absolutely abysmal. She could barely see the enemy's face amongst the flurry of orange and yellow. "Once Encore's finished, use Double Team, then Agility and Crossfire!" She commanded, a little drowsily. Sing hadn't affected her bird, thankfully, but it had reached her ears and it was taking effort to stay awake. This battle had already taken an awkward turn.

  15. #120
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    64

    Default Re: Cascadia

    Quote Originally Posted by kaisap112 View Post
    Ruin Island

    Amor Temple

    OkikuMew: The breeder laughs humorlessly at Okiku’s suggestion of stolen sweet rolls. “I’m pretty sure the situation wouldn’t be this bad if we could just throw sweets at them and everything would be fine.” She sighs as the two of you keep walking to the Pokémon Center. “Firstly though, I’m Elena. Wish we hadn’t met under such dangerous circumstances…” She sticks her hand out for a handshake. You’ve reached the doors of the Center before you even realized it.

    “So about that gang over there…you see, we had this one trainer here last week with an Abra. Bet you can see where this is going. Well, in any case, the Abra was pretty weak at that point and the trainer wasn’t too happy with it. He pretty much tried to beat battle experience into it.” Elena shakes her head. “We all tried to get him to stop it, but as if that type of people ever listen to reason. Eventually he just…left Abra at the temple and left. We don’t know exactly how the rest of it went down, but suddenly we’ve got a super powered Abra running the temple with all those Poochyena and attacking every single human on sight.”

    Elena sits down on a cushion in the Center, motioning you to take a seat as well. “As you could see there, we’re not exactly making progress with the front door. We’ve been thinking about making a Poochyena lead us in or something, but those haven’t been co-operative as of late. So until we somehow solve this problem, there’s no going near the temple for anyone.”

    What will you do?
    *mes stats*


    After I slip in my small joke, the breeder starts a fake laugh.

    "I’m pretty sure the situation wouldn’t be this bad if we could just throw sweets at them and everything would be fine," she sighs. "Firstly though, I’m Elena. Wish we hadn’t met under such dangerous circumstances," she holds her hand out.

    "It's alright, I knew that place was dangerous, but not to that point. I'm Okiku," I shake her hand.

    Reaching the Pokémon Center, she starts explaining the situation:

    "So about that gang over there…you see, we had this one trainer here last week with an Abra. Bet you can see where this is going."

    "Not really to be honest, but continue."

    "Well, in any case, the Abra was pretty weak at that point and the trainer wasn’t too happy with it. He pretty much tried to beat battle experience into it."

    "Seriously?" My jaw drops. "That's... just horrible! I know training can be hard at times, especially for an Abra that can only naturally learn Teleport, but... that's completely not right for a trainer to go that far."

    "We all tried to get him to stop it," Elena sighs, "but as if that type of people ever listen to reason. Eventually he just…left Abra at the temple and left. We don’t know exactly how the rest of it went down, but suddenly we’ve got a super powered Abra running the temple with all those Poochyena and attacking every single human on sight."

    "...Damn, I feel bad for that Abra," I put my hands on my hips, "doesn't trust anybody because of one... guy." I look at the floor and sigh.

    To be honest, that lil' buy makes me think of me, in a way. Except that more than one person was involved against me, in different cases...

    Seeing Elena sitting down on a cushion in the corner of my eye, I do the same slowly but surely, still roughed up by the plunge I took.

    "As you could see there, we’re not exactly making progress with the front door. We’ve been thinking about making a Poochyena lead us in or something, but those haven’t been co-operative as of late."

    My eyes widens and glimmers upon hearing the words "making a Poochyena lead us in".

    "So until we somehow solve this problem," she continues, "there’s no going near the temple for anyone."

    "Say..." I make a sly grin, "what if I say I have my own Poochyena?" I lightly giggle. "My first and strongest Pokémon of my team is one. Max and I've been together since I was 4! You can't get more loyal than that," I smile proudly. "Anyways, although I really want to get in that temple, I'm now more concerned about that Abra. I would like to help him out, and help everyone who wants to get in the temple to boot!"

    One of my muscles in my back twitches painfully, making me wince and put pressure over the spot with my hand.

    "...Unfortunately, I'm in no state to do anything crazy today, so I'll have to hold off the 'operation' for hopefully tomorrow. However..." I look around me, looking for the nearest pen and paper at hand, "I can still plan. I already have an idea, tell me what you think of it!"

    I stretch myself up to reach a pencil and a blank paper that was hanging around, and start writing down what I'm saying as I go.

    "Ok, so... we know that Abra is in no-humans mode, so any kind of contact with us will just copy/paste what happened today. Since his... awful background, he won't like any kind of fighting, either. We also know that he's got a thing to hang around with Poochyenas... I dunno if he made other type of friends, but let's put that aside for now. Alright, now on our side, well, we're humans, which is bad, but we also got Pokémon, including one certain Poochyena," I grin again.

    "So, since his 'status' and our own, best way to get out of this without being hurt on either side is diplomacy. ...Man, I sound like a general or something." I laugh at myself a bit. "ANYways, we'll send off Max to the temple and let him chat with the local Poochyena. I'm sure he's gonna succeed on that point since he's pretty friendly and the fact he's also a Poochyena will give him social points for getting in. He'll be alone at that point though since any of them guys seeing our faces will be our doom. Oh, and I'll have to clean him like crazy beforehand because I'm sure they're gonna smell my odour all over his fur," I embarrassingly scratch the back of my head with the pencil. "After that, he'll likely be able to talk to Abra. He will and try to talk him out to at least leave the humans alone... If that doesn't work... a fight would surely break in, so unfortunately we'll have to step in and help out. Except..." I pause a little, hoping this whole things wasn't too risky, "the battle strategy will be weird, but likely the best way to win this thing over without bad feelings on either sides: we'll fight mostly defensively, trying not to hurt the Abra as much as possible. Or..." I quickly search in my backpack to take out my Potion, "we'll have a good fair fight; and whoever loses, either us or the Abra, will have a treatment of that stuff. ...Hopefully," I bite my lower lip, "it'll show that psychic-type that not all humans are bad.... Something tells me I'll have to buy more of those potions, though."

    After finishing writing the whole strategy, I hold up the paper to the breeder.

    "So, what do ya think?"

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •