Cascadia - Page 6

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Cascadia

Avatar loading... 23% Missingno. Master's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Cascadia

Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Venom Island
    Quite possibly the least attractive area of the entire island chain if you don't have a specific purpose, Venom Island is the epitome of all things putrid. The ground itself is saturated with poisonous substances. Also, all of the garbage from Salin City is transported here, but it is hardly noticed, as the acidic ground eats away at anything at a very quick pace. However, that means that not many things can live in this desolate area, with only a dead tree forest, a poisonous swamp, and a large skull tunnel interupting the landscape. The rest of the island is just plain dirt, but a good amount of poison types inhabit the area. The water surrounding the island is so poisonous that Pokemon cannot swim in it-therefore, unless it is a poison type, it cannot Surf to this area.
    Skull Tunnel - Taking up small amount of the island, the top of Skull Tunnel is a giant white rock formation, shaped like a skull. However, Pokemon have dug tunnels far underground from the Skull. Poison and ghost Pokemon call this area home, and the tunnels are pitch black, so unless you'd like to wander around aimlessly, bring something with Flash.
    Keith stepped off the boat, and breathed deeply the putrid air of Venom Island. The purple Pokemon floating next to him seemed thoroughly disgusted by this.

"I can-not be-lieve I let you talk me in-to co-ming here, Id-i-ot Meat Sack," the Shuppet grumbled. "This en-ti-re is-land smells like rot-ten gar-bage and dead things that have sat out in the sun for too long. How can you stand it?"

"Training Poison-types tends to have that kind of effect, Myrtle," replied Keith. "After years of training a Weezing, I'm kinda immune to bad smells. Plus, there was the Gloom, the Koffing, the two different Grimer, and let's not forget the Skuntank-"

"O-K, O-K, you've made your point," interrupted Myrtle. "But why do I have to be out of my Po-ke Ball?"

"Because we're headed for Skull Tunnel," answered Keith. "It's this skull-shaped rock formation with underground tunnels, home to all sorts of Pokemon. I can only imagine what we'll meet down there!"

"You have yet to an-swer my ques-tion-" began Myrtle.

"The tunnels are supposed to be pitch black, Myrtle, and you know Flash."

"Damn," Myrtle grumbled. "Why did I e-ver let you talk me in-to lear-ning that wretch-ed tech-nique?" Keith headed off for Skull Tunnel, with Myrtle the Shuppet following behind him, grumbling the whole way in that same vein.
    Last edited by Missingno. Master; 9th September 2012 at 06:33 PM.

Venom Island
    Quite possibly the least attractive area of the entire island chain if you don't have a specific purpose, Venom Island is the epitome of all things putrid. The ground itself is saturated with poisonous substances. Also, all of the garbage from Salin City is transported here, but it is hardly noticed, as the acidic ground eats away at anything at a very quick pace. However, that means that not many things can live in this desolate area, with only a dead tree forest, a poisonous swamp, and a large skull tunnel interupting the landscape. The rest of the island is just plain dirt, but a good amount of poison types inhabit the area. The water surrounding the island is so poisonous that Pokemon cannot swim in it-therefore, unless it is a poison type, it cannot Surf to this area.
    Skull Tunnel - Taking up small amount of the island, the top of Skull Tunnel is a giant white rock formation, shaped like a skull. However, Pokemon have dug tunnels far underground from the Skull. Poison and ghost Pokemon call this area home, and the tunnels are pitch black, so unless you'd like to wander around aimlessly, bring something with Flash.

With kaisap's OK, this adventure will be a triad adventure with Missingno. Master and Marion Ette.

"Con-nor, did you get us lost yet a-gain? This does-n't look or smell like A-du-ro Is-land the last ime I checked,"

Connor had been frantically looking at his map in all sors of directions with Gaspard on his shoulder and Foster staring at him incredulously. "Aipopom..." Gaspard shook his head at his trainer's absolutely terribly horrible sense of direction. It was always thanks to his mad navigational skills that the photographer always somehow ends up at the strangest of places. "Oh man, not again... I could have sworn I took a left turn back there..." Connor said, confirming Foster's suspicion. The Aipom and Shuppet groaned. "You real-ly are a fool," Foster called back to his Trainer, "Well, no point moping about it right guys? Since we're here, might as well check the place... right? Ehehe..." he let out a forced laugh. "Yeesh, it sure stinks around here..."

The trio then looked at the rock formation in front of them, "You know, I wonder how they managed to make that rock look like that? It's amazing," he said as he grabbed his camera to take a picture of the tunnel. "This place to-tally screams e-vil lair or some-thing out of a car-toon, don't you think Con-nor? At least that's what my sis-ter would have said a-b out this place," Foster replied as Gaspard agreed with him with a nod, "Ai-ai," "Heh, you have a point. I can totally imagine her saying something like that. And it does, doesn't it?" Connor smiled. "Hmmm... sure looks dark inside though..." Connor said as he stared at the tunnel in front of him. As if on cue, Foster immediately used Flash to illuminate the inside of the tunnel, "Well, are we go-ing in and get our-selves lost more than e-ver?" Foster snickered as Connor pouted at the Shuppet's comment. "Hey that's not very n---oh come on Gaspard, you too?" he looked at Gaspard who was giggling as well. "Ha! Some-one ag-rees with me!" Connor sighed. "Oh whatever... this place seems interesting enough. Looks like a good place to take photos of too. Okay, it's decided. Let's check it out!" he exclaimed as he readied his camera's flash to serve as a flashlight as well. With Foster's Flash and Connor's camera serving as their light in the tunnel, the trio went inside the tunnel, not knowing what's ahead.

Last edited by uhhhhh; 10th September 2012 at 08:26 AM.

CASCADIA

Venom Island
    ((OOC: WIth Kaisap's permission, I will be joining MM and uhhhhh in their joint adventure.))

A lone Crobat flies high over Venom Island, scoping out the area with his focused, powerful eyes. On his back is a doll-like young woman with pale lavender hair, whose own eyes are also focused on the ground beneath her. The pair soar above the island for a while, apparently looking for anything interesting, before the young lady suddenly points downward and shouts something to her Crobat, which causes the creature to immediately turn his attention to what his trainer is seeing and swoop down, angled in that direction. The pair descends at blinding speeds toward their target: a man who appears to be in his early twenties, accompanied by his Shuppet. The Crobat’s flight is so deadly silent that the man and his Pokemon do not realize they have been spotted until the Crobat lands inches away from the young man, and the lady riding the Crobat catches his attention by dismounting the Crobat with a soft, yet audible thud as she pats the giant bat on the head affectionately.

“Hi, Keith! Hi, Myrtle! I figured that it would be nice for Sangre and me to drop in and say hello, since we saw you about to enter Skull Tunnel…” Marion looks up at the ominous skull-shaped formation with a curious little half-smile. “I’ve always wanted to explore this place myself, but Minerva is rather resistant to learning Flash.” Marion grins, places her hands on her hips and perfectly imitates the stutter of her starter Pokemon in a light-hearted imitation of the Banette’s demeanor; “Do you take me for a cave dwel-ler, you sil-ly girl? Go buy your-self a flash-light and pre-tend to be a dwarf with-out me.” Marion giggles a bit, and after a moment of thought, loosens a Pokeball from her belt. “Actually, Sakura has learned Flash recently, and she adores underground caverns. Would you mind if we tagged along with you? It would be a wonderful experience for her.”

“Cro Crooo,” Sangre chimes in with a bloodthirsty look in his eyes.

“You think the hunting will be good here, Sangre?”

The Crobat nods with a wicked grin.

“All right, I suppose it would make sense for you to come along, too! Besides, you are also a cave dweller at heart, after all.”

Crobat nods to this statement as well, but with a more solemn, wistful expression. Marion smiles, and aims the Pokeball at her arm; she calls out a small Nincada which materializes onto her arm, and skitters up to her shoulder happily. She twitches her antennae with excitement at the thought of entering the dark, spooky cavern. Sangre, too, seems to be flapping his wings with more vigor than before; as he peers into the cave, however, he lets out a cry to alert Marion of an interesting presence. Marion immediately takes a look to where Sangre is pointing; in the darkness, a faint light can be seen, as if someone else had already used Flash. Marion carefully approaches to see who it might be, and immediately recognizes the voices of the trainers up ahead.

“Hey, Connor! Gaspard! Foster! Is that you? It’s me, Marion! Keith is here, too! What are the odds of that, huh?” Marion laughs cheerfully. It seems as if there’s going to be quite the team for this Skull Tunnel expedition…
    Last edited by Marion Ette; 10th September 2012 at 08:43 PM.

Blog Entries

Visit kaisap112's Youtube Channel

Default And Then There Were None

Here comes the first update! It's a little...lacking, since there's a number of updatees still waiting to get their permissions to post in the thread and confirmations that have not reached me, but all in good time.

Venom Island

Skull Tunnel

uhhhhh, Missingno. Master and Marion Ette: The three of you get on your merry way, eager to explore the Skull Tunnel. After walking along the tunnel for a few moments, chatting about everyday-things, you hear a weak sound coming from deeper inside. The sound gets a bit louder, bringing to mind metal hitting metal. Out of nowhere, you are hit by a very upset pack of Zubat that is in a hurry to get out of the tunnel immediately. Being hit by the pack so suddenly, Myrtle and Foster accidentally make the tunnel go pitch-black, having lost control of their Flash momentarily. As you all get yourselves up from the floor and the Ghost Pokémon get their Flash back on, something feels…amiss. Just in case, you decide to do a roll call. Keith, Connor, Marion, check. Sangre, Myrtle, Foster, Gaspard, check. Wait a minute!

Just as you realize that Sakura’s not around Connor notices a moving source of light. The tiny Pokémon’s Flash is indeed bright, but slipping further and further away…until it can be seen no more. Maybe she noticed something the rest of you did not? You three don’t need to discuss the necessity of getting Sakura back to certain safety, already running after her. Unfortunately for you, after some running you see the tunnel split – four ways. No trail of Sakura’s can be found, so you’ll have to take your chances. You can split up and try to cover as much ground as you can or stick together in case you’re not alone in the tunnel after all…

What will you do?

Note that Sakura will not be available for use in this adventure until you find her. If you find her...

CASCADIA

Far off of the coasts of the mainland Fizzy Bubble zones, remote in the Silver Ocean, an island chain sits in basically, the middle of nowhere. These islands contain the some of the most diverse typing of Pokemon in the entirety of Fizzy Bubbles. All of these islands are actually volcanoes, but the majority of them have gone dormant. As many Pokemon spend all their lives here, many fossils of Pokemon and plants are buried in the depths of the volcanic ground, maybe some of these may be worth a look? You start out on the island that you first choose, via a ferry. In order to change areas afterward, Surf or Fly is a necessity.

Venom Island
    Bane Forest - Bane Forest, apparently, used to be a prosperous forest, much like Lily Island's Silver Forest. However, as the poisonous ground was formed, the forest died from the inside out, the trees becoming poisoned, and dying. Some toxins in the poison stopped the trees from decaying, leaving them gray and hard as rock. A few rare Pokemon live in the area, but there is also legend that something valuable is hidden inside one of the trees...

Now then, pick an area, and let your adventures begin!
    "So, Blaze, I like where you have taken me. It reeks of death. And yet, it is so alive. I can feel it. The anquish."

"If you say so Hades. I just wanted to come here for the rumors about something in the trees. I bet it is gold. Gold is often found in trees as it soaks it up out of the ground."

"Blaze, Blaze, Blaze. What is it going to take to make you understand? Riches and golry mean nothing when you are dead. Nothing means anything when you are dead."

"It isn't going to convince me. I know death is all there is at the end of life. That is why I want to make a name for myself. So, I am not forgotten."

"Whatever."

Blaze had traveled by ferry to Venom Island with his Shuppet, Hades. Why he had come here he had no idea, but, he knew that something called him here that no other island did. Generally, when things call you, bad things happen. And with Hades around, it was bound to be worse. Blaze would never say it out in the open, but, Hades scared him a bit. He was always about death and gloom and doom. He never saw anything positive in life. And Blaze didn't doubt for a minute if Hades would try to make him understand. Forcefully.

After getting off the boat, they had walked out into the forest. The dead trees were everywhere, and Blaze was amazed. He knew about the effects that acid rain could have on trees, but the soil was so acidic that it ate away all the trees. The ones that didn't get eaten away were pretified, turned to stone for all eternity. Blaze knew that he would see some Poison and Ghost Pokemon, and he only wondered what he would find in the forest, far away from help...

UPNetwork

Avatar loading... 23% Missingno. Master's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: And Then There Were None

Quote Originally Posted by kaisap112 View Post
    Here comes the first update! It's a little...lacking, since there's a number of updatees still waiting to get their permissions to post in the thread and confirmations that have not reached me, but all in good time.

Venom Island

Skull Tunnel

uhhhhh, Missingno. Master and Marion Ette: The three of you get on your merry way, eager to explore the Skull Tunnel. After walking along the tunnel for a few moments, chatting about everyday-things, you hear a weak sound coming from deeper inside. The sound gets a bit louder, bringing to mind metal hitting metal. Out of nowhere, you are hit by a very upset pack of Zubat that is in a hurry to get out of the tunnel immediately. Being hit by the pack so suddenly, Myrtle and Foster accidentally make the tunnel go pitch-black, having lost control of their Flash momentarily. As you all get yourselves up from the floor and the Ghost Pokémon get their Flash back on, something feels…amiss. Just in case, you decide to do a roll call. Keith, Connor, Marion, check. Sangre, Myrtle, Foster, Gaspard, check. Wait a minute!

Just as you realize that Sakura’s not around Connor notices a moving source of light. The tiny Pokémon’s Flash is indeed bright, but slipping further and further away…until it can be seen no more. Maybe she noticed something the rest of you did not? You three don’t need to discuss the necessity of getting Sakura back to certain safety, already running after her. Unfortunately for you, after some running you see the tunnel split – four ways. No trail of Sakura’s can be found, so you’ll have to take your chances. You can split up and try to cover as much ground as you can or stick together in case you’re not alone in the tunnel after all…

What will you do?

Note that Sakura will not be available for use in this adventure until you find her. If you find her...
    Keith was surprised but pleased to find not only Marion, but also Connor, willing to explore Skull Tunnel alongside him. More than happy to have the company, Keith made it clear that he had no objections whatsoever to either one of them tagging along. However, as they were going through the cave, a flock of Zubat flew past, knocking into everyone and temporarily forcing Myrtle and Foster to stop Flash.

"Gah!" Myrtle exclaimed as she started Flash back up again. "What in the hell-"

"Hey," Keith interrupted, having just conducted a roll call. "Where's Sakura?"

After a moment of frantic searching, Connor noticed a light down the tunnel that was fading quickly- obviously Sakura. Without even needing to say a thing, they raced down the tunnel, until they came to a point where the tunnel split in four directions.

"OK," Keith said, taking charge of the situation. "I have an idea. Marion, tell Sangre to search each of the tunnels with Supersonic. If for some reason that doesn't provide any results, we'll pick a tunnel and start there. I don't think we ought to split up, by the way. If something took Sakura, it might be back, and if we stick together, we can at least look out for each other, make it a lot harder for them to take someone else."

"And what if the tun-nel splits off in-to e-ven more tun-nels, Meat Sack, hmm?" asked Myrtle.

Keith thought about this for a moment, then took out a Poke Ball and opened it up, unleashing a four-legged being with a budding flower on its back.

"OK, Pomona," Keith addressed his Ivysaur. "When we head down one of these tunnels, I want you to use your String Shot to leave a trail so we can find our way back, and remember where we've already been. OK?"

"Ivy! Saur!" Pomona replied, nodding.

Default Re: And Then There Were None

Venom Island

Skull Tunnel

What will you do?

Sangre immediately draws Marion's attention the weak sound deeper in the cave, a clink-clank that strongly resembled metal hitting metal. Marion listens to the sound thoughtfully, and is about to mention it to the rest of the group, when a flock of Zubat interrupts her musing and knocks the wind out of her and her companions, so much so that the two Shuppet momentarily lose control of their flash. When the pair of Shuppet are finally able to resume the lighting of the cave, Keith remarks that something is amiss and begins a roll call to double-check that everyone is present. Marion suddenly realizes that her shoulder feels a little bit lighter, and her first impulse is to search the ground for Sakura in case she was knocked off of her shoulder by the impact of the Zubat. With no sign of Sakura on the ground around them, the trio come to the conclusion that Sakura has gone missing, much to Marion's horror.

"Did the Zubat take her? Oh, Giratina..." Marion wrings her hands with worry, her eyes darting about the cave fretfully. She and the other trainers simultaneously notice a flash of light trailing down the tunnel (which is more than likely Sakura's) fading out of sight. It was difficult to tell whether she had been kidnapped, or if she was voluntarily following the trail of something that only she had sensed. The trio wordlessly set into motion following the light, until the cave splits off into four tunnels, and no trail of the little bug-type can be found. No visible trail, anyhow...

Keith suggests that Sangre use his echolocation abilities in order to locate Sakura. It was a tactic that Marion had used before in the dark basement of the lighthouse, and one that Sangre used frequently when hunting. Marion orders Sangre to use Supersonic on each of the four tunnels and see if he could potentially locate Sakura down one of them. She certainly agreed with Keith that splitting up was not the best idea, and nods to show her approval of the idea. After all, those Zubat were clearly frightened of something in the cave, and though the answer could be as simple as a few ghost-types having fun and playing tricks, that metallic sound that Marion heard earlier sticks in her mind. What could it have been...?

"Sangre, please let me know which tunnel you think is best for us to take. Little Sakura is depending on us..." The Crobat notes the deep concern in Marion's voice and nods gravely, clearly understanding the gravity of the situation.

Crater Island
    Like the other islands of the archipelago, Crater Island is an inactive volcano. After what seems to be an excessively violent eruption, the empty crater filled with water, forming a lake. Many water types of many types live in the fresh water lake, and there are legends that some things lie in the depths of the lake...Possibly underwater caverns?
    Iridi Beach - Formed by some strange mineral, Iridi Beach's sand is a very bright, sparkly white. Rather than black, like most volcanic sand, this is more of the sand you might find at a normal beach. A few sunbathing Pokemon who venture from the water may be found here, but mostly, this is just a tourist attraction.

It was September time, and in most places – including her apartment home in Fizzy Bubbles central – it was beginning to feel a bit fresh. The fashion and weather gods dictated more subtle colours of warmer clothes, but in Cascadia, the outfits were pressured only by the location’s specific conditions. Alice had spent her summer vacation in various troubling situations: stuck in a labyrinth, running around Phantom Isle with a bounty on her head or fetching berries on an epic quest, and it was time to take a break.

Her blonde hair, highlighted in various light shades by the unseasonal sunlight, had been pulled back into a weaved ponytail by a scrunchie, and her petite frame was adorned by a strapless, coral dress which fell below her knee caps. Honestly, Alice disliked the feel of sand between her toes and caking on her feet, but this was a tourist spot of great renown. The sand was not gold, or even replaced by painful stones, but literally white. Smiling behind prescription, designer sunglasses, her blue gaze hunted out a sunbed over which she threw over a red, patterned towel. It was situated underneath a parasol, and the teenager stripped down to a one piece swimsuit. It was mostly black, with the hip sections cut out and the chest designed in red plaid. It was sexy, and she smiled, satisfied at her purchase choice.

Swinub probably wouldn’t appreciate the heat or terrain too much, but the newest addition to her team would need the life experience. A small hand reached into the glittery black handbag now hanging from the umbrella, happily releasing an electric mouse. It was positively tiny, the salty coastal breeze bristling her static yellow fur and wafting against perked, jagged ears. The pokemon was a Pichu, only a few weeks old. After having a brief look around in fascination, she noticed her owner with a big smile, leaping up onto the sunbed, where she was applying her sunblock.

“Hello, baby.” Alice beamed warmly down at her baby, wiping the remains of the cream onto her feet, petting the cuddly rodent, who nuzzled her. Pichu giggled, and, moving onto the blonde’s stomach, began sniffing and taking in the view. “This is a beach. It’s a very famous beach in Cascadia, called Irdi Beach. I think we’ve been through a lot recently, so we’re going to play here and relax. We can sunbathe, read, make sand castles and swim in the sea! But we have to be careful not to stay in the sun too long or go too far out to sea, okay?” She asked. Her Pichu mumbled a short acknowledgement, still baffled by the beauty and oddness of the new surroundings. It wasn’t so busy during school time, so it felt less cramped, which the former student could certainly appreciate.

“We’ll go and swim in a bit, but I want to nap first.” Alice added, flopping her arms over the back of the bed, sighing tiredly. “I’m lazy by nature, you know.”
    “Pi Pichu.”

Yes, actually. She did already know.

((Stats.))

tau

Just to notify everybody, I'm kaisap112, a new ZA here at Cascadia. Hopefully I can fulfill all your adventuring needs! ^^
    Welp, hope I'm not about to over-fill your work load, mighty ZA~ :3

CASCADIA

Lily Island
    With a totally different landscape from the first, Lily Island is the second largest of the archipelago. Completely covered with vegetation, this island was also formed by a volcano. However, erosion has taken this island down to almost flat, and giving many homes to all types of grass and bug Pokemon among others. Inside the dense jungle, which takes up about a half of the island, there is a very small lake. There are two different forests on the island, and you can tell when you've gone from one forest to another. Besides being divided by the Diamond River, some strange force causes them to have completely different climates as well...
    The Silver Forest - The forest which takes up a bit more than half of the island, Silver Island is named for the silver veins the leaves are adorned with. A deciduous forest, you'll mainly see flying and bug types here, due to the lack of ground vegetation. There is a rest stop somewhere in the forest, helping trainers on their way.

Quinn pushed into the perimeter of the forest, just inside the treeline. He paused and scanned his surroundings, trying to get used to the subtle movements of sunlight through the canopy, to familiarize himself with the sounds. He stepped slowly, always mindful of his footing, constantly on edge about his surroundings. He didn't have a feel for this place yet, and had heard that this island could be extremely dangerous- not so much where he was now, but should he venture too far...

His hand fell to one of the pokeballs clipped to his belt, the one housing Banzai. He left him up for now, as calming as the thought of having one of his pokemon out and ready was. With Banzai, one always lived with the risk of him being distracted and charging off into a battle without informing his trainer.

On the other side was Nook- not as strong as Banzai, quite, but a good deal more likely to stick beside Quinn. Usually, at least. One could never tell with a Zigzagoon who fancied himself a scientist of some sort. With Pooka the Diglett still being seen after, however, it was just the three of them for now.

In any event, Quinn was just thankful to be doing something, risky or not, and- with a final deep breath to calm himself- began to step deeper into the forest.

Blog Entries

Default Encounters

Here's the next three, hope you enjoy them!

Venom Island

Bane Forest

blazeVA: The dead forest around you is…very dead. It seems as depressed as Hades, dead trees reaching for the grey sky like a dying person reaching out for the light. Trying not to let the depressing environment get to you too much, you start playing “I Spy” with Hades. He’s not exactly co-operative, pointing out a depressing fact of life after another with every letter you go through. After a while, you walk past some floating scrap paper, possibly leftovers of the giant masses of waste produced by the nearby towns, and tell Hades you spy with your little eye something beginning with T. T for trash, obviously.

“Trubbish.”

Hades starts on a tangent about the uselessness of human life. It takes you a moment to register what exactly the Shuppet had said – and lo and behold, there it is, wobbling with trash in its arms, a Trubbish. There’s a fair amount of distance between you, but Trubbish doesn’t seem to notice you, instead wobbling through some toxic swamp after an empty can.

What will you do?

Crater Island

Iridi Beach

Meetan: You and your Pichu are having a good time relaxing on the beach, soaking in the sunlight. Unfortunately, your session of utter soaking is interrupted by a shadow over you. The shadow is created by a woman with short, bright blue hair and a dark bikini, with the bottom half covered by a light blue miniskirt.

“Oh, my, gosh! You’re exactly what we’re looking for!” The intruding woman sticks her face almost into skin-on-skin contact with your Pichu’s, clearly excited about something. “I’m like, so sorry, but you two are just so cute and so perfect for my show! I’m Daisy and I’ve got this little TV-show, Daisy’s Daily Delight, and we interview trainers all over Cascadia. We’re doing a special episode today about how trainers are going to spend their time here at the beach, but most I’ve seen have been these geeky scientists hiding at the café. It’s not like a little tan’s gonna kill you, am I right or am I right? So anyway, you and your Pichu are like totally perfect! What do you say? It’s just a little interview! Pretty please? With a sundae and cherry sauce on top?”

Daisy smiles so widely you can almost count her teeth.

What will you do?

Lily Island

The Silver Forest

tau: As you walk on deeper into the forest, something rolls out of a nearby bush. It’s something small and you lean in to take a closer look…when something way larger hops out of the bush and knocks you right off your feet.

“Hey! Hands off my equipment! I don’t need a contamination hazard on top of all my problems!”

It turns out that what first came out of the bush was a test tube – and what came after was a young male scientist with an attitude problem. While he leans over to pick up his precious test tube, you notice a Treecko hanging off the back of his lab coat. The scientist produces a “tsk”-sound and straightens his glasses when you inquire about the Grass Pokémon.

“What’s it to you?” He starts muttering to himself. “First I can’t find the Caterpies’ nest, and then I lose my stuff, then dumb questions like that…” As you refuse to budge and leave him alone, the scientist finally sighs. “Fine. I’m Neil and this”, he motions to the Treecko “is my partner, Sticky. We are on a research assignment. There’s supposedly a very unique nest of Caterpie somewhere in these woods and we’re here to take a look. Questions? No? Thank you, now we’re actually busy here.”

Neil stuff the test tube into his lab coat and starts stomping off.

What will you do?

tau

Default Re: Encounters

Lily Island

The Silver Forest

tau: As you walk on deeper into the forest, something rolls out of a nearby bush. It’s something small and you lean in to take a closer look…when something way larger hops out of the bush and knocks you right off your feet.

“Hey! Hands off my equipment! I don’t need a contamination hazard on top of all my problems!”

It turns out that what first came out of the bush was a test tube – and what came after was a young male scientist with an attitude problem. While he leans over to pick up his precious test tube, you notice a Treecko hanging off the back of his lab coat. The scientist produces a “tsk”-sound and straightens his glasses when you inquire about the Grass Pokémon.

“What’s it to you?” He starts muttering to himself. “First I can’t find the Caterpies’ nest, and then I lose my stuff, then dumb questions like that…” As you refuse to budge and leave him alone, the scientist finally sighs. “Fine. I’m Neil and this”, he motions to the Treecko “is my partner, Sticky. We are on a research assignment. There’s supposedly a very unique nest of Caterpie somewhere in these woods and we’re here to take a look. Questions? No? Thank you, now we’re actually busy here.”

Neil stuff the test tube into his lab coat and starts stomping off.

What will you do?
    Quinn frowns, throwing his arms out in a gesture of frustration at the jerk of a scientist. "You're having trouble finding Caterpie, and you're gonna act like I'm the incompetent one. Tell you what, you apologize, and I'll let you know when I've found 'em, yeah? Prick." Quinn sighed and started off on a course slightly different than the researchers, now with a clear destination in mind. "If you're lucky I'll even let you take credit for it!" He called back over his shoulder, gritting his teeth.

As he walked, he tried to think back on everything he knew about Caterpie. He'd dealt with them before, small colonies of them in Kanto, and though he'd never bothered to catch one, felt as though he might have to do so now, if only to upstage Neil. He moved slowly and as silently as he could through the forest, hoping not to disturb anything that might be nesting there in, his hand never moving far from Banzai's pokeball.

Plus, he thought to himself as he made ground slowly but surely, Butterfree are pretty adorable.

Default Re: Encounters

Iridi Beach

Meetan: You and your Pichu are having a good time relaxing on the beach, soaking in the sunlight. Unfortunately, your session of utter soaking is interrupted by a shadow over you. The shadow is created by a woman with short, bright blue hair and a dark bikini, with the bottom half covered by a light blue miniskirt.

“Oh, my, gosh! You’re exactly what we’re looking for!” The intruding woman sticks her face almost into skin-on-skin contact with your Pichu’s, clearly excited about something. “I’m like, so sorry, but you two are just so cute and so perfect for my show! I’m Daisy and I’ve got this little TV-show, Daisy’s Daily Delight, and we interview trainers all over Cascadia. We’re doing a special episode today about how trainers are going to spend their time here at the beach, but most I’ve seen have been these geeky scientists hiding at the café. It’s not like a little tan’s gonna kill you, am I right or am I right? So anyway, you and your Pichu are like totally perfect! What do you say? It’s just a little interview! Pretty please? With a sundae and cherry sauce on top?”

Daisy smiles so widely you can almost count her teeth.

What will you do?
    It was Pichu that noticed the figure first, crouching down, ears back as she assessed whether the woman was a threat. Her outgoing personality didn't help. It reminded her of Alice, except it wasn't Alice, so she felt a little intimidated. Her trainer sat up and looked round, making sure she was still fully shaded as she cradled the Pokemon lightly in her arms, stomach abuzz as the stranger rambled.

"Well, I am a little geeky, but I definitely don't hide. I'd love to work with you!" The girl replied almost right away, cheeks flushed from embarrassment and anticipation. A special TV episode with her as a star, which she was perfect for? The little idol fanatic was already feeling delighted. "What are you looking for in the interview? Also, Pichu's only two weeks old, so I'd prefer it if nothing's too strenuous for her, if you don't mind." She added with caution, petting the baby gently, a smile on both of their faces.

Blog Entries

Crater Island

Iridi Beach

Meetan: Daisy nods eagerly at your point about Pichu. “We just ask some questions from you, Pichu doesn’t have to put on a show or anything. Pichu can be her totally adorable self and just relax!” Daisy gave another one of her toothpaste-commercial-smiles. “Same goes for you too, of course! Oh, what is your name, by the way? It’s kinda important to get your name out there, so viewers know all our interviewees are just your regular trainers you can run into anywhere. Kinda like idols!” She giggled a bit before checking her wristwatch. “Gosh, look at the time, we’ll be recording the show in like, half an hour, so how about we move on over to the café? We’ve got a couple other trainers who will be on the show too, so you can probably chat a bit before we record.” Daisy points at a small, cozy-looking building a small distance away.

The two of you start walking to the café that looks like a tropical hut. You can smell the tasty takoyaki and hot dogs, not to mention see a number of people walking around or sitting with glorious, big servings of colorful ice cream. Maybe a snack wouldn’t hurt?

Daisy speaks up again. “Oh yeah, I don’t know if you’re familiar with the show, but at the latter half of the show we pick a trainer I’ll have a one-on-one battle with, just for showcasing different Pokémon. You wouldn’t have to use Pichu, you could pick anyone in your team you like, and we’ll provide necessary healing items afterwards, so it’s all in good fun. What do you say? I won’t force you, of course, but I have a feeling our battle would make for some great footage!”

What will you do?

Lily Island

The Silver Forest

tau: You keep going, intent on beating Neil to the Caterpie nest. As you plot your plan to make this happen, Nook escapes from his Pokéball, his curiosity taking over the small creature. After a minute you notice that Nook is lagging behind you and turn to check what’s wrong.

“Oh. Um…hello?”

One scientist is not enough – you’ve run into a second one. This one seems far more quiet and passive than Neil the Jerk, with his blue hair and eyes and a Mudkip in his arms. The two cock their head to the side at the exact same time.

“I’m sorry, I thought you noticed me. Well, I suppose this does happen to me a lot…people not noticing me.” Nook stares at this new person in amazement. He absolutely adored the lab coat, it seemed. “I saw you run into Neil earlier. I’m sorry, he has some…issues. We went to the same school and he always tries to prove he’s the better scientist…I just want to learn. Learning is fun.” He squats down and pets Nook. “Oh, yes, my name is Tetsuya. I…happen to be after that Caterpie nest too. Do you think I could tag along? I don’t care about credit or anything, there’s far too much we could learn from those Caterpie, Neil’s obsession with me pales in comparison.” Tetsuya’s Mudkip nods at the same time as its trainer. Slightly creepy. “This here is my partner, Cylin.”

Nook seems to be very excited at the prospect of a new friend, a scientific one at that! He looks at you pleadingly. This guy might actually know what he’s doing…

What will you do?

tau

Lily Island

The Silver Forest

tau: You keep going, intent on beating Neil to the Caterpie nest. As you plot your plan to make this happen, Nook escapes from his Pokéball, his curiosity taking over the small creature. After a minute you notice that Nook is lagging behind you and turn to check what’s wrong.

“Oh. Um…hello?”

One scientist is not enough – you’ve run into a second one. This one seems far more quiet and passive than Neil the Jerk, with his blue hair and eyes and a Mudkip in his arms. The two cock their head to the side at the exact same time.

“I’m sorry, I thought you noticed me. Well, I suppose this does happen to me a lot…people not noticing me.” Nook stares at this new person in amazement. He absolutely adored the lab coat, it seemed. “I saw you run into Neil earlier. I’m sorry, he has some…issues. We went to the same school and he always tries to prove he’s the better scientist…I just want to learn. Learning is fun.” He squats down and pets Nook. “Oh, yes, my name is Tetsuya. I…happen to be after that Caterpie nest too. Do you think I could tag along? I don’t care about credit or anything, there’s far too much we could learn from those Caterpie, Neil’s obsession with me pales in comparison.” Tetsuya’s Mudkip nods at the same time as its trainer. Slightly creepy. “This here is my partner, Cylin.”

Nook seems to be very excited at the prospect of a new friend, a scientific one at that! He looks at you pleadingly. This guy might actually know what he’s doing…

What will you do?
    Quinn listened to the researcher, and grinned, nodding obligingly. "Sure, the more the merrier. I know I should've handled Neil with a bit more grace, but eh... I can't stand rude people." He laughed, rubbing the back of his head. "Anyway, yeah! I'm Quinn, that little guy is Nook. Pleased to meet you," he said by way of introduction, reaching out to shake the mans free hand. "I think we'll have better luck between us than he will on his own, but if- no, when- we find this nest, I want you to take lead credit on your research papers when you get them published. I'm a writer myself, and I kinda want to see you knock him down a peg or two with this thing. Might deflate his ego a little, which will be healthy for him. Anyway, you guys are the experts, lead the way- I'll keep an eye out for wilds and make sure we don't get taken off course by some rogue Heracross or something."

He stepped aside with a wave of the arm, letting the researcher take the lead, falling instep beside and slightly behind him. Nook trailed along happily, taking a tentative nibble the bottom of Tetsuya's lab coat. 'I should get one of these,' he reflected to himself. 'It would make my science better.'

Crater Island

Iridi Beach

Meetan: Daisy nods eagerly at your point about Pichu. “We just ask some questions from you, Pichu doesn’t have to put on a show or anything. Pichu can be her totally adorable self and just relax!” Daisy gave another one of her toothpaste-commercial-smiles. “Same goes for you too, of course! Oh, what is your name, by the way? It’s kinda important to get your name out there, so viewers know all our interviewees are just your regular trainers you can run into anywhere. Kinda like idols!” She giggled a bit before checking her wristwatch. “Gosh, look at the time, we’ll be recording the show in like, half an hour, so how about we move on over to the café? We’ve got a couple other trainers who will be on the show too, so you can probably chat a bit before we record.” Daisy points at a small, cozy-looking building a small distance away.

The two of you start walking to the café that looks like a tropical hut. You can smell the tasty takoyaki and hot dogs, not to mention see a number of people walking around or sitting with glorious, big servings of colorful ice cream. Maybe a snack wouldn’t hurt?

Daisy speaks up again. “Oh yeah, I don’t know if you’re familiar with the show, but at the latter half of the show we pick a trainer I’ll have a one-on-one battle with, just for showcasing different Pokémon. You wouldn’t have to use Pichu, you could pick anyone in your team you like, and we’ll provide necessary healing items afterwards, so it’s all in good fun. What do you say? I won’t force you, of course, but I have a feeling our battle would make for some great footage!”

What will you do?
    Alice nods, still smiling, picking up her bag and hooking it over her shoulder as they walked, carrying the discarded garment, too. As they drew closer to the hut, she could smell the food, and whilst she wasn't really hungry, her bad binging habit was pushing its way into her mind. Takoyaki sounded yummy right now, although hot dogs didn't appeal to her, and at this temperature, it was certainly an ice cream kind of day. "I love idols!" She told Daisy, looking ecstatic at the woman's mention of them, "And comedians and presenters, too. I'm so glad I've had the opportunity to get involved with this, Miss Daisy." The eighteen year old continued, "I probably wouldn't use Pichu. It'd be best if she just watched... But maybe Torchic..."

She'd bonded with the birdie whilst trying not to get devoured in that labyrinth, but having a Houndoom jump at her head had been a setback in that relationship and continuous attempt to get over fire-type fear. Maybe a show battle would be a way to rekindle their friendship, and with Torchic's salon and spa visits, what better way to showcase his cute charms?

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast