Cascadia - Page 3

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Cascadia

Avatar loading... 23% Missingno. Master's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Cascadia

Quote Originally Posted by Revolver_Oshawott View Post

Plague Swamp - Please reply in Dark Orchid
    Missingno. Master: Your Crobat flies upward in response and gives chase to the irksome Noctowl. However, this Noctowl was not trained to be a fast flyer as you quickly find out. Crobat flies past it very quickly. He swerves around to get in sight of the owl Pokemon and unleashes a Mean Look at the Noctowl securing it in place. Noctowl looks more angry than anything and starts to unleash a Whirlwind on your Crobat. The wind makes the flight a lot more shaky and you cannot aim to recall Qwilfish back into the ball. However, Crobat quickly fires a Ray of Confusion at Noctowl. Noctowl cannot seem to concentrate enough to completely finish the move to blow you away and as an additional bonus, it loses its grip of Qwilfish.

Fortunately, you did at least stay with Crobat, and you were able to properly recall Qwilfish into its ball. The Noctowl is still confused and starts flying around in a strange ellipse-shaped pattern. Your Crobat smiles very deviously as it unleashes a powerful Thunder at Noctowl causing it to fly downward into the swamp. Crobat flies down low to allow you off. The Noctowl is laying unconscious as you gather it.

------

You wait for what felt like hours before you hear more footsteps. It is indeed Renegade. He claps almost tauntingly at you. Crobat flies up and gives a Mean Look at Renegade. "Don't even bother," he states. "I'm not about to leave without Noctowl." He leans up against a tree and continues, "I suppose you think we're at an equal advantage, and you'd be wrong." He snaps his fingers and five Grimers appear all around you. "You see, I'm a master at my job, and just to even the playing field..." he snaps his fingers again and a Gengar rises up from the waters. He gives you a Mean Look as well.

"Now neither one of us can leave, but it's a lot of us against only the two of you." What's odd is that while he is right, he obviously has more than six Pokemon with him. The Grimers also seem to move almost robotic. You recall a similar experience with the other two Grimers from before, but those two still moved more fluidly than these are.

What will you do?

Missingno. Master looked around and sized up the situation. He had five Pokémon, all of them raring to battle, with the possible exception of his newly caught Grimer, who had only recently been weakened by Qwilfish. Renegade, however, had not only a Gengar, but five Grimer.

"Let me tell you something, Renegade," Missingno. Master said in an ominous voice. "That Mean Look of yours? Totally unnecessary. I have no intention of leaving until I get Weezing back. Yeah, remember that Weezing your feathery friend here swiped a little while ago? Mine. And I demand it back."

With that, Missingno. Master pulled two Poké Balls off his belt, enlarged them, and tossed them into the air. "Qwilfish! Skuntank! GO!"

In two flashes of light, Qwilfish reappeared, this time flanked by Skuntank. Upon spotting the oddly dressed thief who had attempted to steal him, Qwilfish puffed up indignantly.

"Qwilfish, attack the Grimer! Hit them all with your Whirlpool attack, and then Frost Breath. Repeat the process as necessary. Skuntank, use Focus Energy, then go at Gengar with Crunch, and follow up with Shadow Claw!"

Qwilfish and Skuntank nodded their understanding of these orders, and prepared to attack-

"Unless!" interrupted Missingno. Master suddenly. "You have another option, Renegade. This is your first, last, and only chance to end this the right way. I give you back Noctowl, you give me back Weezing, and we go our separate ways. If not, then my Pokémon will attack. And you will fall. You've messed with the Tauros, Renegade. Now here come the horns!"

As he spoke, however, Missingno. Master couldn't help but think to himself, What the heck is up with those Grimer, though? It's almost as though they're robots or something! Or maybe... maybe they're hypnotized. Noctowl and Gengar both learn Hypnosis, after all. Guess I'll find out!

Blog Entries

Don't worry Charminions I'll take you. I'll raise my quota to 8 updatees for now.

Aduron Chasm - Please reply in Red
    Charminions: You decided to choose the rim of the volcano to look for new Fire-typed Pokemon, and while this is a good strategy for finding good Fire-types, the heat from the volcano is grandest here. You find that the top of the mountain was mostly empty at first. That is until you feel a small tremor underneath your feet. You and Apollo get knocked flat on your respective faces. As you look up, you notice a small 4 legged Pokemon scamper off toward the cliff in the same direction as you are facing. As you look down, you see several other Pokemon, none close enough to make out except the parts with flames on them. The heat from the volcano is messing with your eyes a little bit, but not enough to matter.

Apollo shook his head and got up. He chirped angrily at the ground. He obviously did not see what you saw.

What will you do?

Awesome, thanks!

As the duo continued traveling, they fell on their faces once more. This time it was due to a strange tremor.

"What was that?" Charm asked as he looked up. Apollo merely replied with a faint chirp. Upon looking up, Charm sees a 4-legged pokemon move in the same direction he was going. Upon looking down, he sees more pokemon, too far to get a clear view but certainly fire types. Charm became giddy and excited, wondering what they should do next.

Wiping a sweat off his brow, he said, "Let's get a closer look at the one moving that way," he pointed in the direction the 4-legged pokemon was walking. "That pokemon was probably the cause of that tremor, so let's return the favor. Apollo, when we see it, let's give it a double Scratch attack." The Torchic nodded, looking eager to get some payback at the one who made him fall, as they began dashing up to the 4-legged pokemon.
    Last edited by Charm; 18th April 2012 at 02:34 PM.

Oniero Ruins - Please reply in Dark Orange
    Celebii151: The woman turns around to see you. You can tell from her azure eyes that she was crying a lot lately. She mutters, "Sir Ceres....you-you came." She starts to run toward you, but, before she reaches you, the woman disappears and the light seems to grow even dimmer than before. Your vision clears up vastly. The room is still very dim, but what you can make out is the room is the same size as the previous one, but it contains a sole skeleton laying about at the side, a panel with some sort of strange etchings, and a hole in the floor with stairs leading downward. From the number of stairs before you, you can deduce that these lead underground.

You look around and see no other exits, including the entrance that you were in before. However, as though to qualm your doubts, you see Neptune come through the wall, revealing that that part of the room was indeed an illusion. However, you can't help but feel that the woman might have been an illusion, but she seemed so real. However you still are in this room with both Boing and Neptune along side you.

What will you do?
    "And she seemed so real, too..." Cele wonders.

After the recent events, Cele was seemingly trapped inside yet another room, with Neptune and Boing with him. Searching, he quickly comes across, a skeleton, some strange markings on a panel, as well as an entrance leading underground. "Well, where should I go from here?" Cele asks his Pokemon, not knowing what to do. Neptune is quick to act, being the baby of the group. He wanders around the room, coming across the skeleton. He easily becomes frightned, after Boing explains what it is, running away. Not watching where he's going, he bumps rather harshly into the panel, looking at the markings etched in it. Confused, he gets bored very briefly, noticing the hole leading underground. He jumps up and down, pointing at the hole the entire time. "I guess we're going down there. Come on, Boing." Cele says, walking towards the hole, with Boing bouncing happily beside him.

Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Ion Island
    Ion Island is made of almost entirely iron ore and magnetic substances that conduct electricity easily. It is said that long ago, a huge battle which pitted two powerful electric Pokemon electrically charged the island, causing most Pokemon that lived here to die. However, electric types thrive here, and recently people have learned how to use the electricity to their own use.
    Eletron Plant - A large power plant at the center of the island, large metal rods are drilled into the ground, causing the electricity to flow up into and through large thick wires that go along the bottom of the sea the entire way to Brine Island, and power Salin City. Electric Pokemon hang around here, as well as scientists who will often ask for help in finding something.
    Xander stood outside the massive plant, his teammates watching the energy run through the coils with fascination. "Stay sharp you guys," he called to them, looking over the notice he got on the way there. "We're here for business, no sight seeing." He glanced down at the saddened faces of his comrades. "..Maybe later," he gave, sighing. They cheered in favor, but soon silenced. "But in order to sight see, we must complete the mission!" They agreed, and pumped their paws. "Let's go!" Xander declared, as the walked into the plant with heads held high.

Brine Island
    Salin City - The only real city in the entire island chain, Salin City is huge. Taking up the entirety of Brine Island, Salin City has everything-from shopping places, to schools, hospitals, a Pokemon Center, an airport, and a seaport, among other things. There is a small park in the middle, with a fishing pond and a few trees scattered about. Stands line the streets wishing to sell you things, and it'd be pretty hard to not find something to do. But if you would happen to find yourself in such a dilemma, there is a Pokemon Gym in the city which holds eight leaders, one each to symbolize the Cascadian Archipelago. However, only one may be challenged per visit to the gym.
    “Land ahoy!” Wes grinned, towing a wooden paddle which he co-ordinately oared against the bumpy seas. The buoyant Cloysteris below remained discreet and mysterious, her pearly visage hardly probing through her sturdy shell as gentle sprays of water broke against her sharp grooves. Wes sat with either leg hanging over the bivalve, his backpack securely fastened against one of its turrets. He firmly lifted his row from the water, Salin’s cityscape jutted above the blue horizon. The metropolis stuck out like a sore thumb amidst the remote archipelago – dozens of ships and boats docked at the harbour and skyscrapers peeking through the clouds.

“It’s been so long since we’ve had an adventure”, Wes remarked, patting one of Cloyster’s grooves with a sense of enthusiasm, “But I’m telling you, there’s nothing like a heated battle to shake off the rust”. Cloyster grinned dipping a few inches until her shadowy face was completely submerged – The soles of Wes’s sandals skimming against the surf. The bivalve huffed, her shell propping open a few inches due to the increased pressure inside. Pulsating with energy Cloysteris jetted the inhaled water from her rear, Wes gripping tight to each turret as they rapidly sped forward. Pressing on like a speedboat Wes opted to tuck the row back into his backpack, the wind blowing through his shaggy hair as sprays of water blocked his view.

A mighty foghorn marked their destination; they’d made it to Coral Harbour. Wes clambered onto the boardwalk, dripping wet with his seafaring bivalve still buoying on the water’s surface. “Thanks for the ride, Cloysteris”, the boy tapped one of her horns with a Heavy Ball, pocketing it for the return journey. Wringing out his sandals, Wes paced down the creaky boardwalk – the beaches littered with tourists and the nearby roads jammed with cars and motorbikes. Wes took a beeline down the sandy stretch until he reached a shuttle bus.

“A single fare for Salin City Gym, please”.

CASCADIA

Far off of the coasts of the mainland Fizzy Bubble zones, remote in the Silver Ocean, an island chain sits in basically, the middle of nowhere. These islands contain the some of the most diverse typing of Pokemon in the entirety of Fizzy Bubbles. All of these islands are actually volcanoes, but the majority of them have gone dormant. As many Pokemon spend all their lives here, many fossils of Pokemon and plants are buried in the depths of the volcanic ground, maybe some of these may be worth a look? You start out on the island that you first choose, via a ferry. In order to change areas afterward, Surf or Fly is a necessity.

Aduro Island
    [size=1]An active volcano, this is the largest of all of the islands of Cascadia. Continually pumping lava out of human-built channels into the sea, the volcano causes the island to continually become larger and larger. Fire, Ground, and Rock types are common in these areas, and there are a few volcanic caverns leading into the volcano which are of interest to many people, and are said to house rare and powerful Pokemo. There is also a small village on the opposite end of the island, and the natives appear to be friendly, as long as they aren't disturbed too much. Vegetation on this island is sparse, and only the hardy plants can survive the heat of the volcano. The sand along the beaches is pitch black, and isn't exactly the softest thing to walk barefoot on. Hot springs and geysers are common in this area, dotting the landscape of the giant smoking mountain.

The Lithogic River - The 'river of fire' in native settler terms, the Lithogic River is a large channel of lava being carried from the rim of Mount Aduro down to the sea. A few fire types hang around this area, and it's been said that the lava has cooled into rare gems in some parts.
    "Wow, it sure is hot up here..."

"Vul? Pix vulpi pi..."

"Well, obviously you don't think it's hot, Flare! You're a Fire-Type!"

"Pi, Vulpivul Pixvu Vul."

"What did you say!?"

They'd only set foot on the riverbanks of the Lithogic River, yet Charlotte and Flare were already arguing. They'd come here in search of rare gems (the native settlers had told them that they could sometimes be found near the river, and as soon as those words left the native's mouth, the two had been off quirkier than he could say Jack Robinson), as well as some Fire-Type Pokémon, but with this childish bickering going on, it didn't seem like they would be finding anything anytime soon...

"Okay, okay, just stop, let's concentrate on finding some of the gems," Charlotte muttered angrily, and fixed her eyes onto the ground. As she walked up the bank, fantasies of extremely rare Evolutionary Stones in her hands filled her head, making her trip once.*

Blog Entries

Ion Island
    Ion Island is made of almost entirely iron ore and magnetic substances that conduct electricity easily. It is said that long ago, a huge battle which pitted two powerful electric Pokemon electrically charged the island, causing most Pokemon that lived here to die. However, electric types thrive here, and recently people have learned how to use the electricity to their own use.
    Eletron Plant - A large power plant at the center of the island, large metal rods are drilled into the ground, causing the electricity to flow up into and through large thick wires that go along the bottom of the sea the entire way to Brine Island, and power Salin City. Electric Pokemon hang around here, as well as scientists who will often ask for help in finding something.
    "Attention passengers," an automated voice echoed on the outer deck. "We are now reaching our destination, Ion Island; Please ensure you have all your belongings before disembarking. On behalf of Casacadia Ferries, thank you for traveling with us today."

"Excellent," cackled a mysterious looking fellow who had taken refuge near the back of boat, avoiding what little passengers found themselves traveling today. It was Frederic Diddle, aka the Seaside Diddler from the Fizzytopian Capitol of Seaside City. That identity, however, was long forgotten across the Silver Sea. What brought this lackluster trainer to the uninhabitable island of Ion would baffle the most experienced theorist.

Time hadn't taken too kindly on him over the years. Note the once youthful trainer had recently embraced a rather grizzled look. His untamed facial hair, sun damaged skin, and wrinkles that cold shame a Walrien. He'd sure let himself turn into an unsightly beast, almost unrecognizable. "Soon Brine Island will feel wraith of my families misfortune," Fred plotted aloud. "Soon, everyone will know our name."

Unbeknownst an unsuspecting child has taken interest in the lavender colored canine who sat faithfully beside her trainer. "Oh. My. God!" she squealed, rushing in to cuddle his Shadow Jolteon. "What an adorable little cutie!" Before Fred could intervene, Sugar Plum had already taken upon herself to ward off the unwanted affection. Her hair bristled defensively, "HSSSSK!"

"M-M-MOMMY," The girl shrieked, traumatized as she scurried down the isle in search of her parents. "Ahhhh!"

Fred shook his head. You'd think in this day and age parents would teach their children not to go around hugging strange Pokemon. Especially the characteristically feral Shadow 'mon. "Let's go, Sugar," motioning for her to follow. By now the ferry had fully docked and others were making their way. "I'll explain further at the Eletron Plant."

Typically, she ignored his command and opted to lead the way instead.
    FB:

According to my research CyberBlastoise's Avatar

First off I'd like to say, I'm so so sorry for how late I am. Secondly, welcome newcomers, Please remember to post using [size=1][/size] tags.

Glacier Island
    Boreal Wastelands - Please reply in Light Blue

Uhhhh: Harry comes up to you and examines you from head to toe. He goes around you one circle before saying, “Yeah, I think Tom has an extra coat that might fit.” As though on cue, the other man heads toward a small group of bags off to the side. He quickly pulls out a black coat. It looks very thick, but when you put it on, you at least feel a bit warmer. Gaspard quickly climbs inside the coat clinging to your belly. You can feel him shaking.

“Well, since you're here, wanna help us?” Tom outright stated with much gusto in his voice.

“Don't be rude, now,” Harry replied. “So sorry about that, Tom can get a bit....impatient. You see, we're here to find some sort of meteor that fell down around here the day before yesterday. My friends and I are astronomers and we wanted to investigate it.”

Tom quickly came up to you and finished, “So that's our story. Unfortunately, tomorrow's snowstorm may cover it up to the point where we may not even be able to find it. And we will need all the help we can get to look for it tonight. What do you say, you in?”

The man does seem very eager to recruit you, but then again there is a snow storm tomorrow according to him. What will you do?

------

Audro Island
    Geyser Park - please reply in red
    Hayward: Keo nods his head ready to fight. The Magmar gets up and his fist glows with a bright flame. Both Keo and the Magmar charge towards one another. Keo stops and Leers at the Magmar, who at first gets a bit set back by the attack, but then he continues his charge, unleashing a Fire Punch on the Kingler. Keo just shakes off the not-very-effective attack as he charges his next attack. The Magmar delivers a quick Smokescreen inside the cave. In such an enclosed area, the smoke covers you and the man too. You look toward the battlefield to see some sort of glow followed by a definite “THWAK!”

The smoke rises to reveal that the Magmar is lying on the ground unconscious while Keo stands victorious over its opponent. The man looks flabbergasted at this sight. He recalls the Magmar and starts to back away into his cave. He turns to run when you start to feel an Earthquake from somewhere. The cave starts shaking violently as the path that the older man was going to take starts to cave in, leaving him in a dead end with you blocking his only exit.

“What are you going to do with me?” the man asks. He gets into some sort of strange fighting pose as he continues, “You can try to silence me, but I won't go down easy.” He charges to you and trips over a rock.

What will you do?
    Keo gains a level for defeating Magmar.
    -----

Charminions: You head closer to the four legged Pokemon. Some Embers flew from its direction to you. Apollo quickly responds by rushing into the fray. Its claws slightly glow as it Scratches the Pokemon, but he is quickly shot down by a powerful Tackle. The attack causes Apollo to fly back toward you. The Pokemon jumps down the cliff and as you rush up to said cliff to see what was going on, an Ember whizzes by your face. You can now much more clearly see the Pokemon. It appears to be a Numel, and it looks scared. The Fire-/Ground-type Pokemon is standing on a little extension jutting from the mountain.

Apollo jumps onto your shoulder to get a better view; however, as soon as he does, the Numel begins panicking. It runs into a nearby cave just below you. You cannot tell just how big this cave is from your angle, but you can see two ways to get down there. The first way is that there is an extension to the side of the mountain that can let you safely traverse it, but it looks like it would take a while to get there. The other way is the same way the Numel took, sliding down the face of the cliff and hope that you can catch yourself onto the extension.

What will you do?

-----

The Lithogic River – Please reply in Red

Flame Mistress: You decide to head into the Litogic River in hopes to find some rare gems and whatnot, however your bickering with Charlotte does take away some of your concentration. As soon as you two agree to stop your bickering, you trip over your own two legs. Thankfully, you didn't trip into the lava, otherwise your adventure would have been cut...very short. You also see something shiny at the ground. As you pick it up, it looks like a very valuable gem of some sort. This thing that makes you and your Vulpix notably happy and excited. Before you can place it some place safe, a Growlithe jumps on you, causing you to drop the gem.

The Growlithe rushes off you and grabs the gem. It looks just as happy as you did a moment ago. Its tail starts wagging looking at you with its cute eyes. The Growlithe then turns around and starts running in the opposite direction with your newly found gem.

What will you do?

-----
    Venom Island

Plague Swamp – Please reply in Dark Orchid
    Missingno. Master: “Now where's the fun in that?” asked Renegade. He was still leaning by that tree as though he was either tired or bored. “But I'll tell you what. I am feeling a bit generous. Behind me is a pathway into the swamp. I placed a cage not too far down that path with your Weezing in it. If you want him back, you'll have to defeat my Gengar.”

Your Qwilfish begins its Frost Breath attack, but a flash of light appears from one of your Pokeballs. It was the Grimer you caught not too long ago. He gets between Qwilfish and the other Grimers trying to stop the attack. You can tell that your Grimer does not want you to fight the others, even in its weakened state. Renegade just laughs at this before starting, “One last thing I forgot to mention. This fight will be one-on-one, the Grimers here are to make sure that you don't do any funny business. Should you try anything on my watch...well let's just say I won't have mercy.” Qwilfish looks confusedly at you awaiting your orders.

Skuntank on the other hand, was ready to fight its opponent. It begins to Focus some Energy. It then charges in with its fangs glowing a dark black; however, the Gengar has other ideas, it slinks back into the shadows for a moment. Skuntank looks around for its opponent when it gets Sucker Punched on the side. It tries to attack with Crunch, but missed its opponent. Skuntank's claws started to gain a purple aura about it. The Shadow Claw was met up with the Gengar's own Shadow Punch. The two attackers tried to overpower the other one, at first it appeared that Gengar was going to have the upper hand, but Skuntank's attack finally burst through the punch, scoring a direct hit. The Gengar is flown back into its master, both of whom fall on the ground. You notice that despite the fact that the Gengar quickly got back up, Renegade continued to lay there, motionless.

What will you do?

-----
    Ruin Island

Oniero Ruins – Please reply in Dark Orange
    Celebii151: You look into the hole, you notice that there is a slope that is just steep enough to allow you enough room to not to bump your head, but at the same time, it is not too steep for you to keep your balance on. You and Neptune slide slowly down the ramp, while Boing tries to keep steady, but it ultimately ends up rolling down the slope instead. The place around you appears to be a chamber of some sort, you see several chains on the walls and floors, but no skeletons. There appears to be no exit at first, but you soon hear something,

clatter, clatter, clatter...

You turn toward the source to see a skeleton walking toward you. It speaks in a very raspy voice, “Ah, so you are the trespasser, hmm. I thought we rid you years ago, Celes.” He holds up a Pokeball of some sort, “well, no longer will that be a problem. Yamask, take care of our...guest.” A gray pokemon with red eyes and a large mask sitting on its tail stares at you.

“Yamask...” it says almost dreadfully. This weird skeleton definitely seems like he wants to battle you, but there is still the option of escape through the way you came, if you run.

What will you do?

-----
    Ion Island
    Eletron Plant – Please reply in Yellow

Xander Ketsu: You decide to go to the Eletron Plant on Ion Island, and while your Pokemon are obviously here for pleasure rather than business, you are not subject to such privileges as much. You walk up to the powerplant, security let you through without much trouble. The powerplant is very large. One of the first things you notice is the large amounts of electricity arcing from the roof, giving you an idea on how much power is being generated in this island. Several scientists and Pokemon alike are located all around you. One of the scientists gives you a glance before approaching you. He stands a bit taller than you, but he has a friendly demeanor. He starts, “Oh hello, I haven't seen you here before.” He looks at your Pokemon for a moment before he continues, “Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Dr. Cox. I'm one of the scientists that work here. Mind if I ask why you're here.” He pushes up his glasses and continues, “Because if you're not too busy, I'd like some help.”

This guy is asking for some help, but there appears to be other things you can do.
    What will you do?

-----

Brine Island

Salin City – Please reply in Silver
    Empoleon Dynamite: You head into Salin City in hopes to get your sense of adventuring back into gear. After your ride to the Salin City Gym, you see several buildings lining this city, one in particular was massive compared to the others with a sign reading, “SALIN CITY GYM! COME ONE COME ALL!” This place is crowded today, several trainers are lining up for fighting.

A person next to you says, “Hey, newbie. What're you doing here?” You look towards the direction of the voice, but instead of seeing some sort of person, you see a Chatot, pecking at its wing. It continues, “Because if you're not busy, you should challenge the gym.” You notice a banner hanging from its leg, reading about it. You notice that several other Chatot are lined up the streets like this. Each of them sounding like they are advertising the gym, for some reason. The banner reads, “Come fight the original Gym Leaders. This week only.”

Something seems very festive about the stadium itself though. Upon closer inspection, you see several streamers and balloons tied up around. “Hard to believe that it's been 10 years,” a different voice says. This time you see an older gentleman standing behind you. He stands at just a bit shorter than you. You notice that he is wearing a musty, brown trench coat and a fedora. “Pardon me, sir,” he says as he passes by you. This place is pretty crowded, but you could see what the commotion is about with these “original gym leaders”.

What will you do?
    Last edited by CyberBlastoise; 21st April 2012 at 11:41 PM.

CASCADIA

Far off of the coasts of the mainland Fizzy Bubble zones, remote in the Silver Ocean, an island chain sits in basically, the middle of nowhere. These islands contain the some of the most diverse typing of Pokemon in the entirety of Fizzy Bubbles. All of these islands are actually volcanoes, but the majority of them have gone dormant. As many Pokemon spend all their lives here, many fossils of Pokemon and plants are buried in the depths of the volcanic ground, maybe some of these may be worth a look? You start out on the island that you first choose, via a ferry. In order to change areas afterward, Surf or Fly is a necessity.

Lily Island
    With a totally different landscape from the first, Lily Island is the second largest of the archipelago. Completely covered with vegetation, this island was also formed by a volcano. However, erosion has taken this island down to almost flat, and giving many homes to all types of grass and bug Pokemon among others. Inside the dense jungle, which takes up about a half of the island, there is a very small lake. There are two different forests on the island, and you can tell when you've gone from one forest to another. Besides being divided by the Diamond River, some strange force causes them to have completely different climates as well...
    The Silver Forest - The forest which takes up a bit more than half of the island, Silver Island is named for the silver veins the leaves are adorned with. A deciduous forest, you'll mainly see flying and bug types here, due to the lack of ground vegetation. There is a rest stop somewhere in the forest, helping trainers on their way.
    Hugo and Krabby wander aimlessly through the large forest. Hugo seems entertained by the adventure, but Krabby seemed less than impressed, even a bit annoyed.

"Would you look at these trees? Have you ever seen trees like this before?" Hugo said to the crab Pokemon.

*click...click* responded Krabby unenthusiastically with it's large pincers.

"Look, you don't have to get an attitude," Hugo retorted.

*click*

"Oh, is that so?" Hugo argued.

Krabby seemed to be winning this battle of wits. Hugo knew Krabby and knew his sardonic attitude. Perhaps Krabby was just bored. Krabby wouldn't be all that enthused by trees to begin with. Why would he? Or maybe he was just hungry. Either way, Hugo tried not to take it personally. After a few minutes more of wondering, Hugo cleared a little brush off the ground and plopped down, pulling a sandwich from his bag. He ate the sandwich and tossed a bag of potato chips to Krabby. Krabby liked eating the chips almost as much as he liked tearing the bag to shreds.

Hugo looked up from his sandwich and gave a sly smirk to Krabby, who responded with a...smile...I guess. If Krabby could smile, that's what he was doing. The duo continued their lunch, taking a break from searching for adventure. They would let the adventure come to them.

Blog Entries

Charminions: You head closer to the four legged Pokemon. Some Embers flew from its direction to you. Apollo quickly responds by rushing into the fray. Its claws slightly glow as it Scratches the Pokemon, but he is quickly shot down by a powerful Tackle. The attack causes Apollo to fly back toward you. The Pokemon jumps down the cliff and as you rush up to said cliff to see what was going on, an Ember whizzes by your face. You can now much more clearly see the Pokemon. It appears to be a Numel, and it looks scared. The Fire-/Ground-type Pokemon is standing on a little extension jutting from the mountain.

Apollo jumps onto your shoulder to get a better view; however, as soon as he does, the Numel begins panicking. It runs into a nearby cave just below you. You cannot tell just how big this cave is from your angle, but you can see two ways to get down there. The first way is that there is an extension to the side of the mountain that can let you safely traverse it, but it looks like it would take a while to get there. The other way is the same way the Numel took, sliding down the face of the cliff and hope that you can catch yourself onto the extension.

What will you do?

Charm and his Torchic began dashing towards the four legged pokemon, ready to get some revenge when suddenly some embers are shot towards them.

"Holy ****!" Charm yelled out as Apollo charges forward to scratch the foe, only to get knocked back by a powerful tackle. The pokemon proceeds to jump down a cliff but just as they follow in pursuit, more embers fly by Charm's head. He quickly ducked away in fear.

"This place is either super dangerous or super awesome," Charm mumbled, thinking the fire attacks that almost burned his face off was also very awesome looking as well. He looks to see that the four legged pokemon was actually a Numel, who seems quite scared that a trainer and his little pokemon are trying to attack him. Charm almost began feeling bad that they were attacking an innocent pokemon.

"Aww, it's a scared little guy," he said as Apollo hopped onto his shoulder, causing the Numel to freak out and slide down the cliff he's standing on. The camel Pokemon then scurries off to a cave nearby.

"Hmm should we follow him?" Charm asked his partner.

"Torchi-tor," the Torchic merely replied. Probably meaning that he'll go wherever his trainer wants. Charm examined the area and realized they had two options if they want to follow the Numel. One way was to go around on a safe looking extension, although it could take some time before they reach there. The other way was to slide down the cliff just like Numel. He considers if it's even worth it to follow the frightened Numel.

"Well... let's take the long way, Apollo. I'm not quite interested in that Numel, so maybe we can find some more interesting pokemon as we move along this longer route," Charm finally decided. Apollo nodded and puts on a serious face, ready to protect his trainer from any more unexpected attacks. The duo marched on towards the side extension, looking forward to the already exciting adventure that awaits them.

Avatar loading... 23% Missingno. Master's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Venom Island

Plague Swamp – Please reply in Dark Orchid
    Missingno. Master: “Now where's the fun in that?” asked Renegade. He was still leaning by that tree as though he was either tired or bored. “But I'll tell you what. I am feeling a bit generous. Behind me is a pathway into the swamp. I placed a cage not too far down that path with your Weezing in it. If you want him back, you'll have to defeat my Gengar.”

Your Qwilfish begins its Frost Breath attack, but a flash of light appears from one of your Pokeballs. It was the Grimer you caught not too long ago. He gets between Qwilfish and the other Grimers trying to stop the attack. You can tell that your Grimer does not want you to fight the others, even in its weakened state. Renegade just laughs at this before starting, “One last thing I forgot to mention. This fight will be one-on-one, the Grimers here are to make sure that you don't do any funny business. Should you try anything on my watch...well let's just say I won't have mercy.” Qwilfish looks confusedly at you awaiting your orders.

Skuntank on the other hand, was ready to fight its opponent. It begins to Focus some Energy. It then charges in with its fangs glowing a dark black; however, the Gengar has other ideas, it slinks back into the shadows for a moment. Skuntank looks around for its opponent when it gets Sucker Punched on the side. It tries to attack with Crunch, but missed its opponent. Skuntank's claws started to gain a purple aura about it. The Shadow Claw was met up with the Gengar's own Shadow Punch. The two attackers tried to overpower the other one, at first it appeared that Gengar was going to have the upper hand, but Skuntank's attack finally burst through the punch, scoring a direct hit. The Gengar is flown back into its master, both of whom fall on the ground. You notice that despite the fact that the Gengar quickly got back up, Renegade continued to lay there, motionless.

What will you do?
    "Funny how it's the thief who wants to play fair," growled Missingno. Master as he assessed the situation. Renegade was unconscious, but his Gengar was not. He briefly considered fleeing the fight and just making a break for Weezing's cage, but then remembered Gengar's Mean Look. No, a fight was inevitable.

"OK, Grimer, return," started Missingno. Master, as he held out the Rocket Ball and withdrew Grimer. "I was gonna have you negotiate with the other Grimer, but if they're under hypnosis like I think they are, it won't do any good anyway. Qwilfish, I'm sorry, but you'll have to wait. I don't want to take the chance that the Grimer won't attack just because Renegade is out cold. If he even is, anyway. The sneak could be faking for all I know. Watch Noctowl, make sure it stays unconscious. If it wakes, attack it at once with Frost Breath. Skuntank, change tactics. Hit Gengar with your Sweet Kiss to confuse it, then follow up with Fire Spin. Once Gengar is good and trapped in the flames, pour on a Flamethrower attack."

The two Pokémon nodded their acknowledgement of these orders and began to carry them out.
    Last edited by Missingno. Master; 30th May 2012 at 02:58 PM. Reason: Changing reply to reflect the fact that I recently traded Grimer away.

CASCADIA

Lily Island
    With a totally different landscape from the first, Lily Island is the second largest of the archipelago. Completely covered with vegetation, this island was also formed by a volcano. However, erosion has taken this island down to almost flat, and giving many homes to all types of grass and bug Pokemon among others. Inside the dense jungle, which takes up about a half of the island, there is a very small lake. There are two different forests on the island, and you can tell when you've gone from one forest to another. Besides being divided by the Diamond River, some strange force causes them to have completely different climates as well...
    The Silver Forest - The forest which takes up a bit more than half of the island, Silver Island is named for the silver veins the leaves are adorned with. A deciduous forest, you'll mainly see flying and bug types here, due to the lack of ground vegetation. There is a rest stop somewhere in the forest, helping trainers on their way.

Chad and his little fire mouse Cyndaquil entered the forest. Having just got off the ferry to Lily Island, the pair were eager to explore this new land. Chad was particularly excited with this adventure because he knew he'd get to fulfill a promise to one of his Pokemon.

"Hold up Cyndaquil," he called out. He reached for a Pokeball. He tossed it in the air after enlarging it, and the ball clicked as it opened. With a flash of white light a dark blue Pokemon appeared. "Come on out Heracross."

Heracross yawned as he looked around to see his surroundings. As soon as he noticed all the trees around him, he perked up and turned back at Chad. "Cross?" Heracross asked.

As if he knew exactly what Heracross said Chad answered, "Yes really. Happy birthday buddy. I figured you'd like it here better than the lake a while back."

Cyndaquil walked over wanting to celebrate, but his flame was still lit. Heracross saw the flame and got a little worried. He began to get defensive. He stepped back, got in a battle stance.

"Cyndaquil! Again with the flame? C'mon now!" Chad stepped between the two. Cyndaquil extinguished his flame immediately. "Thank you. Let's get going. We're going to find Heracross a tree with some sweet sap or perhaps a Combee hive." He turned around towards the interior of the forest. He could tell the notion of a Combee hive made Heracross happy.

The trio trekked further in the forest. Cyndaquil was beside him, and Heracross was fluttering around looking at the trees they passed. Chad walked over to one tree that had some low-hanging leaves. "Look at these leaves," he showed Cyndaquil and Heracross some leaves. "See that silver? My parents told me about this place. This is why it's called the 'Silver Forest.' Ok, let's keep going."

Stats

First off I'd like to say, I'm so so sorry for how late I am. Secondly, welcome newcomers, Please remember to post using [size=1][/size] tags.

Audro Island
    Geyser Park - please reply in red
    Hayward: Keo nods his head ready to fight. The Magmar gets up and his fist glows with a bright flame. Both Keo and the Magmar charge towards one another. Keo stops and Leers at the Magmar, who at first gets a bit set back by the attack, but then he continues his charge, unleashing a Fire Punch on the Kingler. Keo just shakes off the not-very-effective attack as he charges his next attack. The Magmar delivers a quick Smokescreen inside the cave. In such an enclosed area, the smoke covers you and the man too. You look toward the battlefield to see some sort of glow followed by a definite “THWAK!”

The smoke rises to reveal that the Magmar is lying on the ground unconscious while Keo stands victorious over its opponent. The man looks flabbergasted at this sight. He recalls the Magmar and starts to back away into his cave. He turns to run when you start to feel an Earthquake from somewhere. The cave starts shaking violently as the path that the older man was going to take starts to cave in, leaving him in a dead end with you blocking his only exit.

“What are you going to do with me?” the man asks. He gets into some sort of strange fighting pose as he continues, “You can try to silence me, but I won't go down easy.” He charges to you and trips over a rock.

What will you do?
    Keo gains a level for defeating Magmar.

In a cavern beneath Aduro Island's Geyser Park in the Cascadia archipelago, the young trainer known as William Hale hollers out encouragement to his Kingler Keo as the overgrown river crab continues to trade blows with their mysterious adversary's antagonistic Magmar. As Keo rushes in for a Crabhammer, the Spitfire Pokemon retaliates by belching out a thick cloud of black smoke which in such a tiny enclosed space, instantly envelops the battlefield, severly obscuring Will's vision and causing him to cough and splutter and cover his mouth with his forearm.

The din of combat echoes throughout the rocky catacomb however and as Will tries to avoid breathing in any more of the noxious smoke, he
    strains his ears trying to make sense of the sounds he hears and wonders how his cantankerous crustacean comrade is fairing. Just then, a flash of light catches the lad's eye followed closely by the sound of a deafening blow as it connects with its intended target before the room fades into total silence. All Will can do is hold his breath, hope for the best, and wait for the smoke to clear.

And clear it does. Moments later, the dark cloud dissipates and Will lets out a grateful sigh, relieved to see that Keo has emerged victorious and now stands above the fallen form of the mysterious man's Magmar. On the contrary, Will's opponent stands along the opposite wall, a look of complete astonishment on his face at this unexpected turn of events. Scowling, the man quickly recalls his fainted partner and makes a mad dash for the far end of the tunnel. Before Will can react and give chase however, the whole place gives one giant lurch and pieces of the stony wall and ceiling suddenly rain down to block the passageway and seal off the man's only escape route.

Turning to face Will, the man adopts a combat stance and shouts out a threat, before running straight for the lad, who bolts in shock at the man's aggressive attitude. Before the man can attack however, he trips over some of the jagged rubbles that are strewn about the ground and lands face first on the cavern's rocky floor where he lays without moving. Seeing the man's predicament, Will softens his face then turns to Keo and the two momentarily share a look. With a shrug, Will motions for Keo to follow him and the two friends trot over to help the man to his feet. Perhaps now, Will reasons, their foe will be a bit more civil...or at least willing to talk...

*with the knockout, Kingler goes from Lv86 to Lv87*
    Last edited by Hayward; 22nd April 2012 at 06:53 AM.

fb | trades | pc

CASCADIA

Ion Island
    Storm Lake - A crescent moon shaped lake that surrounds the north and east sides of the Power Plant, Storm Lake is an electrically charged freshwater lake. Only a few Pokemon live inside the lake, but many electric types come to cool off.
    Melissa and her Cyndaquil, Wildfire, could see the lake from where they stood, slightly above it and still some distance away. The reflection of the sun off the surface of the curving lake had Melissa squinting against the light, before she turned her attention back to the path that would, apparently, lead them there. The girl trudged along the path in silence for a few moments, the Cyndaquil perched comfortably on her left shoulder and glancing around curiously, before she sighed and nudged Wildfire.

"D'you think we'll get there soon, Wildfire?" she wondered idly, squinting in the direction of the lake again. "I figured we'd be there by now."

"Qui-il" was the response she received, along with a movement that she supposed was a shrug. "Cyndaquil."

"Eh, can't be helped." The teen made sure to only lift her right shoulder in a shrug, before she lifted the Cyndaquil off her shoulder and placed him on the ground. She grinned in response to his questioning "Quil?"

"Race ya there," she told him, taking off in a sprint. Her starter blinked after her bemusedly, before he squealed indignantly and gave chase.
    Fizzy Bubbles - Wildfire ♂ Lv. 14, Lyle ♂ Lv. 10, Mar ♂ Lv. 7, Stella ♀ Lv. 8

Glacierr Island's Terror Mountain! *Bwahaha*

Alright, here's the first batch! Remember, these are rapid updates so don't expect multiple paragraphs.

SW - Electron Plant
    Please reply in Yellow.

As the boat docked at the Electron Plant, you decide to give Jolteon some briefing when you notice the shady character had already dashed off towards the island. As you exit the boat to meet up with her, you suddenly collide with a stranger, causing both parties to fall to the ground. You open your eyes to see the shinning sun and papers flying everywhere, when one of them suddenly lands in your face. “Damn it! Get back here!!” shouted a disgruntled feminine voice. Pulling the paper off your face you see that it is a flyer. “Pack up and ship out! This is the Pokemon’s land without a doubt!” As you read the flyer, a hand viciously snatches it out of your hand. “Watch where you’re going! I nearly lost all my flyers!” scolded a woman with the same voice you heard just moments ago. She appeared to be tall with chocolate brown hair that was messily styled into a bun, wavy strands fluttering in the light ocean breeze, and her eyes were a bright crystal blue. Her style was very relaxed, a white flowing top just thin enough to see a black bra underneath, black short shorts that were cuffed at the ends, and navy blue slip-ons with grey stripes. “On top of all that, you’re making me late by not helping me!” raged the woman as she stressfully chases all the remaining papers to save them from being lost forever. It seems as through she's gesturing you to give her a hand.

Whatever will you do?

Myahoo - Storm Lake
    Please reply in Yellow.

As you and your Cyndaquil playfully race towards the lake, you begin the see the massive body of water shimmering from the sun’s refection. After just a few moments the two of you end up at the shore of Storm Lake. The water was near completely still, and the sand under you was as soft as a tempurpedic mattress. As you gaze at the scenery, you suddenly hear footsteps coming towards you. You turn around to see a man, “Sure is beautiful isn’t it?” he rhetorically asked as he also admired the landscaping. This man was young, but not nearly as young as you. He had some scruff on his face and wore what appeared to be some sore of uniform. Tan top with short sleeves, and green handkerchief tied around the collar of his shirt, a pair of green shorts that matched his handkerchief, and black boots. On his shirt was a badge that read “Ranger”. “Sorry for intruding on you Miss, I just can’t help but get lost in the shimmering water of this lake… Oh! My name is Cam, nice to meet you,” he greeted, “may I ask what brings you to this neck of the woods? We don’t tend to get that many visitors as of late.”

What will you do?

King G - Silver Forest
    Please reply in Green.

After trekking through the forest, you and your snappy Krabby decide to take a meal break and see what the forest has to offer you. Suddenly the bushes start rumbling and a small grey head pops out. You hear a cooing sound coming from the small creature, slowly the cooing sound multiplies from all around you. The bushes begin the rustle more violently. The small grey Pokemon pops out from the bush and reveals itself to be none other a Pidove. One by one more Pidove hop out from the bushes, continuously cooing at you. They begin to flap their wings violently, some even ascending just off the ground. As they become more impatient, the cooing becomes more demanding. Suddenly, the first one you saw swoops in and steals your sandwich. It's coo becomes more of a mocking coo and the flock of Pidove begin to fly off into the forest.

Hmmm, will you follow?

Jolteonjak - Silver Forest
    Please reply in Green.

Upon entering the forest with your Cyndaquil and the happy birthday boy, Heracross, you've made it your mission to find the perfect tree sap for the birthday bug to suck on. While searching, you take a moment to show your pokemon the indigenous silver leaves of Silver Forest. You are taken by surprise when you are barely missed by an arrow that is now embedded in the tree, and pretty deep at that. Attached to the arrow was a note that read:

"GET OFF OUR LAND!!!!"

As you read the note, another arrow is shot at you, landing right below the previous arrow, and this time the arrow dug even deeper. Another note was attached, this one read:

"OR FACE THE WRATH OF GOD!!!!"

Just as you finished reading the note and heavy booming sound echoed throughout the forest, suddenly you hear a faint rumbling sound coming from within the deep dark forest. The sound becomes louder and louder as you realize a stampede is coming your way.

Don't just stand there, do something!

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast