Cascadia - Page 23
Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Cascadia

Default Re: Cascadia

Quote Originally Posted by MarbleZone View Post
    Silver Ocean

The SS Leviathan Shipwreck

CyberBlastoise: With the only two Pokemon in your possession being fish, land battles are virtually unwinnable. Quite the predicament, since there seem to be several areas of this ship that haven’t been flooded. What at first seemed like good news suddenly sank in as a terrifying reality – you can’t survive in water and you can’t battle on land. How are you supposed to make it out of here safely?!

Your gut tells you to get the hell out of here. With no means to bring the fight to this terrifying opponent, fleeing is your only option, and you decide to go through the door on your left at the last second. Anything is better than standing still and being eaten alive by a ghost, and you seem to recall having entered the ship from starboard, meaning left is the side of the ship you haven’t explored. Jolting to the side, you slam your whole body weight against the rotting door… and the wood gives in, crumbling into a hundred pieces while you burst into the room!

You tumble to floor down hard, not waiting the door to break so easily. But nevermind the pain, what about Jellicent?! You look over your shoulder, scared that the foe might have followed you inside... but there’s no side of it! The chill you felt earlier has vanished too, as if the ghostly presence had evaporated... You’re certain it wasn’t a mirage, but the place once gain feels as deserted as it did before. This doesn’t make any sense…

You pull yourself back up and look around. The room, like most of the area you’ve explored thus far, almost completely dark; what little light fills the area is being given off by weird-looking mushrooms that have grown in the humid environment of the sunken ship’s confines. You kneel down and pick a couple of mushrooms to take a better look at these fungi; to be able to survive in these conditions, without nutrients, is amazing… You obtain 2x TinyMushroom!

Your eyes have adjusted to the low clarity of the room by now and you start scouting the room. It seems to have been a storage room at some point, but whatever goods it may have contained have long been destroyed. There is nothing of interest in the place, and with the Jellicent seemingly gone, you have to decide where to go now. There are only two doors leading out of the room other than the one you came in from. One on the far wall, and one on the wall to your left. You see a blueish-white smoke seeping in from beneath the first door, and as you approach it, an all-too familiar chill runs down your spine again, just like before. Could it be?...
    You turn to the other door, which is already half open, and there’s nothing remarkable about it. Except… your eyes shift from the door to the ground, and your stomach turns. Leading all the way from the door you came in from to the half-open one on the left, a trail of dry blood fills the floor. How did you not notice this before?!

An open door with a path of blood and a closed one with ominous mist… Which one do you go through?

Bill slammed arm first into the door, not expecting the wood to have rotted that much. In fact, the door splintered easily, but sadly the trainer was still going. Eventually he slammed directly into the wall across from the doorway before falling over onto the floor directly below. "That could have gone a lot better." Instinctively, he looked over his shoulder to see how much time he had left before the Jellicent could get to him, but to his surprise nothing was there...was that just an illusion? No, Bill remembered the cold atmosphere from before and that was no illusion...wait before? So now the cold is gone too, odd. He had seen paranormal stuff before, but he was prepared those times, this time, not so much...in fact he was expected just a typical treasure hunt.

Bill picked himself up to survey the room from before. Nothing much except a few glowing mushrooms here and there, growing full well without any form of light or nutrient but rotten wood. Well, if we was going to be stuck on this ship, he would have to eat something, hopefully these mushrooms aren't too poisonous. He plucked a couple of them just in case. After placing the mushrooms into his sack, he looked around the room. This was where the cargo was stored, and possibly where any treasure would have been as well, and maybe a few other things like food and medical supplies. Either way, what wasn't already taken out by treasure thieves and the government was either destroyed or worthless. Nothing worth staying for at least. He noticed that the room had three exits, the one that he entered in, one towards the back of the ship* and one next to where he hit the wall earlier. However, the other two doors that he didn't enter had their own interests.

The one to the back of the ship was half-open, but what was even more interesting was the trail of dried blood. What the hell happened here? Well, that was a mystery for another time, maybe...the other door didn't fare much better in the creepiness meter however, as bluish-white smoke started filling the floor underneath it, then he felt that chill once again. That Jellicent from before could still be lurking nearby as well. So his choices were take a chance with the dried out blood, or take the chance with the the bloody floor. He started towards the open door as that was the safer option, but before he stepped into the next room, his curiosity got the better of him. Not only was the other way closer to his destination, but it was also filled with paranormal activity, it had to be. He couldn't help himself, even with the Lumineon in danger, his curious nature would once again get the better of him. He approached the door with the white smoke flowing ever so smoothly outside the door and slowly he opened the door, ready to go through it and hopefully get through whatever room this was to get to the other side of the ship.

*I'm assuming that this is towards the back since I was going starboard earlier and you said to my left

Aduro Island

Geyser Park

Hayward: Look here

Mt. Aduro

Missingno. Master: The situation is dire - not so much for Vernon, who is now immune to fire, nor the Heatmor pack whom you manage to draw the attackers' attention away from. The one in real danger is Kyle's Doduo, who caws and squirms to get out of Magmar's hold to no avail.

Your Tauros flinches briefly when ordered to stand there and take the incoming Flame Burst like a man, but he trusts you implicitly. Spreading its four legs to establish a wider base, Vernon closes its eyes just as the fireball is about to make contact... and sure enough, nothing happens! The flames explode all around the bull and are swiftly absorbed into his body, leaving Vernon without a scratch, just as you planned. Surprised but relieved, your partner nods with renewed confidence and prepares to retaliate!

But it seems to be too late. Magmar squeezes Doduo's neck, making the respective head cry in pain while the other helplessly tries to peck the Fire-Type to no avail. Fire surrounds the foe's free hand; it pulls its fist back, ready to deliver the final blow... until a rock hits it square on the head and breaks its focus!

- Leave him alone you monster! You duck-faced lava-lover! Wanna bully someone? You're an embarrassment to your species!

Kyle screams frantically, doing anything he can to divert Magmar's attention away from his beloved Doduo. His shouts and insults seem to do the trick, as the Spitfire Pokemon interrupts its Fire Punch and turns its head to the puny human who dared defy it.

That's the opening you needed! Vernon gathers energy in its front legs and his hooves grow and sharpen. The Tauros bolts forward and tramples the distracted Magmar underfoot after leaping on top of it. The opponent collapses under Tauros's weight and lets go of Doduo, who hurries back to his Trainer while gasping for air. That was close!

The other Magmar, still seething over the complete ineffectiveness of its Flame Burst, refuses to be humiliated again. It closes in on Vernon while he was busy with Rock Climb, and just as the opportunity presents itself, the Fire-Type rams into the Tauros with a vicious Cross Chop! Vernon falls over in pain, meanwhile allowing the Magmar it had just attacked to get back up and rejoin its friend. The two opponents now tower over your fallen partner and prepare to dispose of the threat together, both grinning widely as they approach him with their arms crossed again...

Just when all seems lost, Doduo and the strongest Heatmor you scanned earlier leap into action; this time around Doduo successfully lands a Peck barrage on one of the Magmar, while the Heatmor crashes into the other with a forceful Tackle! Vernon appreciates the aid, struggles back to his feet and summons another ring of sharp stones. Eyes glimmering with rage, the Tauros unleashes the rocks against the Magmar stunned by Doduo, each of the boulders finding its mark, and the Fire-Type falls on its back... unconscious! Magmar is knocked out! Vernon gains 1 Level!

Meanwhile, the second Magmar continues to brawl with Heatmor; although it is clearly stronger than the anteater, its moves are sluggish as it's still feeling the effects of Vernon's Rock Climb, allowing Heatmor to keep up. It isn't until the foe realizes its partner has been vanquished that it finally stands down, frightened by the sudden shift in the numbers game - he's now outnumbered 3 to 1, and seems to have lost the will to fight. It steps back, away from Heatmor, and looks around for an exit... until something happens.

"WEAKLING."

The booming voice rings in your head, though no actual sound is heard, and immediately afterwards another tremor is felt across the cave, although this one is quick to subside. But when it does, a huge boulder falls from the ceiling without warning... and crushes the Magmar underneath.

- Holy crap!! What the hell just happened?!

Kyle is in shock, and with good reason. He probably also heard the same voice as you, and now this happens?! There's no way Magmar survived that... was this some sort of twisted punishment for its cowardice, or just an incredible coincidence?
    There's a brief moment of stunned silence as you, Kyle, Vernon, Doduo and Heatmor all look at the massive rock. What if some unknown force in this mountain has the power to kill those inside on a whim? Is any of you safe? What on earth is going on?

Meowth returns from his conversation with the other Heatmor and nudges you on the leg until you give him proper attention. He relays all the information he got with a concerned look on his face: the Heatmor speak of the same "Great One" that the wild Torkoal from before also mentioned. They say It rules over all life on Aduro Island and resides at the core of Mt Aduro, the mountain you're currently in; It is responsible for maintaining certain volcanoes active and others dormant, watching over the balance of the Island and the well-being of its inhabitants... those It deems worthy, that is.
    The Heatmor say that the Great One regards strength and self-sufficiency as the ultimate qualities; It actively looks to dispose of Pokemon he considers weak for lacking those traits, enforcing Its own process of "natural" selection - ensuring that the only inhabitants of Aduro Island are the ones It considers worthy. Magcargo and Magmar are among those It favors, and recruits them to eliminate "less adequate" species. Others It deemed unworthy have turned on other equally inept Pokemon in hopes of gaining the Great One's favor, which is the case with many Torkoal and other species that can't simply feed off lava.
    These are the last remaining Heatmor on all of Aduro Island, and they claim they're about to disappear as well. The Great One diverted the flow of the lava rivers to flood the few remaining Durant nests on Mt Aduro, effectively eliminating their main source of food, and sent Its favored servants to hunt down the few Heatmor that survived. But even if they manage to somehow fend off the attackers, they are doomed to die of starvation. But they say at least they'll die together as a family, concludes a visibly-emotional Meowth.

Kyle nods in agreement.

- That's what I meant when I said I had a conspiracy to look into. It was clear that Aduro, known for its abundance of different Fire-Types, had a recent shift in its fauna. When I came here to get the scoop, I expected to find poachers or some other kind of shady criminal deal... but I never expected it to be the workings of a higher being. If this is the will of the god of Aduro, maybe we shouldn't interfere... The Heatmor look to have accepted their fate too. It's how nature works, I'm not sure we should be fighting it... Besides, we've all just witnessed what happens when the Great One is upset! Come on Keith, let's get the hell out of here. I've heard many reports from highly credible sources about a millenium-old treasure hidden in Mt Infernus... what do you say?

Well... what do you say?

Lily Island

The Silver Forest

jolteonjak: Look here

Crater Island

Iridi Beach

kaisap112: Look here

Pearl Lake

SugarPesticide: Look here

Brine Island

Salin City

Arc_Angel & lilbluecorsola: Look here

Electric Blue Eye: Sean awaits patiently for your choice of Pokemon. The second Diego materializes on the battlefield, a faint smile crosses his lips, pleased with your choice of counter - a Gym Leader is expected to know the all strengths and limitations of his preferred type, and even though Jellicent holds no type advantage over Quagsire, the entire picture has already formed in Sean's mind - Diego can maneuver just as well as Quagsire in and out of water, has access to Grass moves and almost none of Quagsire's attacks are particularly effective against Ghosts.

- A fine choice Ethan. Show me what you got.

Quagsire's expression is its usual goofy one. It stares blankly at Diego for about a minute before smiling and waving at him. Sean waits for your instructions and immediately formulates his own strategy as he hears your orders.

- Encore his Ice Beam, Yawn and close with Amnesia.

Diego dutifully releases a stream of frigid energy at the water around them; almost immediately, the arena transforms into an ice ring, effectively stopping either Pokemon from going underwater without breaking through the frozen layer above. As instructed, Quagsire immediately starts applauding, its contagious enthusiasm causing Diego to forget his next moves. Rather than following up with Absorb, the Jellicent fires another Ice Beam, this time aimed at the opponent, who takes it like a champ. The beam hits its mark causing appreciable damage to the part-Ground-Type, but far from enough to defeat it - so much so that Quagsire responds with a casual Yawn, suddenly unimpressed with the repeated attack. Diego is left groggy, and as he prepares to lazily shoot a third Ice Beam, Quagsire's mind tunes out for a moment - in turn greatly increasing his tolerance to special moves. When the third beam connects it barely causes any visible damage, and you're left in a tight spot.

- I'm in no hurry to finish this. And by the looks of it, neither is Diego.

Sean sounds slightly amused for once, clearly taking a jab at you to rile you up. You can tell he's eager to see how you respond - Quagsire is now much stronger against energy-based moves (comprising most of Jellicent's arsenal) and you can tell Diego is about to fall asleep - you'll be lucky if he pulls off another move before it happens, not to mention he might still be locked in the Encore... although you did land a couple of hits this turn, the odds are clearly stacked against you!

What do you do?

sweetbbydoll: The old man looks on as you try your best to define Contests and their meaning; speaking from the heart, you explain the reasons you're drawn to the art of performing rather than battling, stressing the fundamental differences between appeals and battles. And you're right, it's likely that very difference that turns people away from Contests so often - from a very young age, most children are exposed to Pokemon battles, be it in school or on TV. Battles have a much wider audience worldwide, and draw several million viewers on large events. Contests, in comparison, have a much more modest fanbase, and as a form of entertainment it occupies simply a particular niche of the market.

The elder's expression gives nothing away all the way through, but when you finish he can't help but sport a huge smile. When you turn to leave, disheartened by the current state of affairs in Salin City's Contest scene, he again puts a hand on your shoulder to stop you.

- Please wait just a little longer. Hearing you speak like that... it reminded me of someone very dear to me. My wife used to talk about Contests just like you do - in a way, she still does. She was quite the champion back in the day... the appeals she came up with were things of beauty, true works of art. She won many Contests in her youth too. She and I travelled all over Fizzy Bubbles - while I challenged a town's Gym Leader, she'd be performing at the local Contest Hall!

He tears up a little but quickly regains composure.

- I... I don't want to keep you from your endeavors much longer, but if I could trouble you with a personal request... you are right in saying many people turn away from Contests in this day and age. In fact, their popularity started to dwindle long ago, and with them my wife's happiness... When more and more people began to lose interest in the art, she was forced to step away from the almost non-existent professional circuit. Since she did, she was never the same again... Nothing cheers her up anymore - I can't remember the last time I heard her laugh. I can do nothing to replace what she lost but... maybe you could? Could you please help her relive her dream? A simple appeal, something pretty to lift her heart... I'm sure she'd love to see a youngster who still loves Contests as much as she did.

He looked down, embarrassed for asking so much of you.

- I can't bring Contests back to Cascadia, but maybe you could bring Contests back into her life, if only for a moment... but I ask so much of you, with nothing to offer in return! I shouldn't be forcing all this on a stranger, someone so young no less. Please forgive me, this isn't your struggle.

He pulls out a paper rectangle from his pocket.

- Sorry for taking so much of your time. I'm glad we got to talk, dear. Here, take it if you want: I purchased a ticket to watch the Grand Farewell but these days I lack the motivation to actually go... you seem to know that young man from the broadcast, so maybe you'd like to watch the Tournament in person?

Ion Island

Storm Lake

Myahoo: Look here

PikaGod: Look here

Glacier Island

Boreal Wastelands

Trepie: Look here

Treepandaone: The words spill out of your mouth practically on their own. Struck by despair and disbelief, you promptly confess to carrying an infected Pokemon with you - not necessarily out of concern for the well-being of those at the encampment, but a frail hope that these men could do something. Anything at all.

You feel the snowmobile halt to a stop almost immediately after you finish talking. Daryl turns around and forcefully pushes you off your seat and down to the icy floor.

- What the f*ck did you say? Are you insane?!

His voice is filled with rage and apprehension, as if the mere thought of travelling with an infected Pokemon safely stored inside its Ball was enough to contaminate the whole camp from a distance. Daryl looks ready to lay a beating on you until Jacob intervenes to stop things from escalating.

- Calm down please! Daryl, it's not his fault. He was attacked, just like we were in the past. We all lost our Pokemon, you managed to hold on to Magneton but not everyone was so lucky. I wasn't, you remember that. Matthew's Psyduck needs our help and you should be glad he mentioned its infection before we got inside! How many people would do that?

He gets off the snowmobile and helps you to your feet.

- Listen, we've learned how to handle early-stage infections but we have to be quick about it, and even then the response to treatment varies with each host. Psyduck will have to be quarantined in a heated room to thaw out any ice particles in her circulation and prevent the corruption from spreading. Having her inside her Ball won't help either... If you trust me, please hand her over and I'll do my best to save her. I can't promise you anything, it's not a flawless method, but it's all we can do.

He holds out his hand, hoping for an agreement.

- Also, we'll need to take a look at Porygon as well. It's supposedly a digital creature but I don't know if it can be corrupted. We've realized that Pokemon like Magneton are immune, but a lifeform like Porygon is a complete mystery to us - it's unlikely that it's been infected, but for the sake of everyone inside I can't take any chances. Please... it's the only way I can let you in.

Silver Ocean

Auronos Caverns

ApertureScience: Look here

CyberBlastoise: Dried blood or eerie mist... neither choice seems right. It seems that whichever door you choose, there will be consequences, and neither give any indication of how you'll get Swift healed up. Because that is still the number one priority.

Or is it? Common sense tells you to stay away from the familiar blue mist that gives you the chills... but curiosity tells you to go ahead and open the door. Besides, trying the other one meant going to the back of the ship, if your sense of direction doesn't fail you...

You place a hand on the door handle, turn it and push the door open. A thick layer of neon-blue smoke kicks up, pouring into the storage room you're in, making you cough a couple of times. You look up into the darkness ahead... and one more, overpowering chill runs down your spine while your legs begin to tremble on their own.

Before you is a long, narrow corridor that stretches into the distance, covered in fog. And amidst the fog you count no less than five male Jellicent, absent-mindedly floating above the ground, casually bumping into each other and against the walls as if they weren't even there. Their moans fill the ship, as well as your very soul with an intense fear even though they haven't even noticed you yet - their mere presence seems to exert some kind of terrifying effect. The mist has a glow of its own that illuminates the hall in its entirety with a faint blue light, allowing you to peer into the distance and see a door on the far end of the corridor. And standing in front of it is a sixth male Jellicent, but green instead of blue...

Turns out this isn't a sunken ship inhabited by a lone Jellicent... it's a full-on ghost ship! You try to hide behind the door you just opened as you go over your options, now that the mystery of the blue mist has been revealed...

Will you force your way through the ghost horde, attempt to sneak by, turn back to one of the other doors, or something else entirely?

Venom Isle

Bane Forest

Ex-Admiral Insane: Look here
    Last edited by MarbleZone; 29th June 2014 at 12:41 PM.

Avatar loading... 23% Missingno. Master's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Aduro Island

Mt. Aduro

Missingno. Master: The situation is dire - not so much for Vernon, who is now immune to fire, nor the Heatmor pack whom you manage to draw the attackers' attention away from. The one in real danger is Kyle's Doduo, who caws and squirms to get out of Magmar's hold to no avail.

Your Tauros flinches briefly when ordered to stand there and take the incoming Flame Burst like a man, but he trusts you implicitly. Spreading its four legs to establish a wider base, Vernon closes its eyes just as the fireball is about to make contact... and sure enough, nothing happens! The flames explode all around the bull and are swiftly absorbed into his body, leaving Vernon without a scratch, just as you planned. Surprised but relieved, your partner nods with renewed confidence and prepares to retaliate!

But it seems to be too late. Magmar squeezes Doduo's neck, making the respective head cry in pain while the other helplessly tries to peck the Fire-Type to no avail. Fire surrounds the foe's free hand; it pulls its fist back, ready to deliver the final blow... until a rock hits it square on the head and breaks its focus!

- Leave him alone you monster! You duck-faced lava-lover! Wanna bully someone? You're an embarrassment to your species!

Kyle screams frantically, doing anything he can to divert Magmar's attention away from his beloved Doduo. His shouts and insults seem to do the trick, as the Spitfire Pokemon interrupts its Fire Punch and turns its head to the puny human who dared defy it.

That's the opening you needed! Vernon gathers energy in its front legs and his hooves grow and sharpen. The Tauros bolts forward and tramples the distracted Magmar underfoot after leaping on top of it. The opponent collapses under Tauros's weight and lets go of Doduo, who hurries back to his Trainer while gasping for air. That was close!

The other Magmar, still seething over the complete ineffectiveness of its Flame Burst, refuses to be humiliated again. It closes in on Vernon while he was busy with Rock Climb, and just as the opportunity presents itself, the Fire-Type rams into the Tauros with a vicious Cross Chop! Vernon falls over in pain, meanwhile allowing the Magmar it had just attacked to get back up and rejoin its friend. The two opponents now tower over your fallen partner and prepare to dispose of the threat together, both grinning widely as they approach him with their arms crossed again...

Just when all seems lost, Doduo and the strongest Heatmor you scanned earlier leap into action; this time around Doduo successfully lands a Peck barrage on one of the Magmar, while the Heatmor crashes into the other with a forceful Tackle! Vernon appreciates the aid, struggles back to his feet and summons another ring of sharp stones. Eyes glimmering with rage, the Tauros unleashes the rocks against the Magmar stunned by Doduo, each of the boulders finding its mark, and the Fire-Type falls on its back... unconscious! Magmar is knocked out! Vernon gains 1 Level!

Meanwhile, the second Magmar continues to brawl with Heatmor; although it is clearly stronger than the anteater, its moves are sluggish as it's still feeling the effects of Vernon's Rock Climb, allowing Heatmor to keep up. It isn't until the foe realizes its partner has been vanquished that it finally stands down, frightened by the sudden shift in the numbers game - he's now outnumbered 3 to 1, and seems to have lost the will to fight. It steps back, away from Heatmor, and looks around for an exit... until something happens.

"WEAKLING."

The booming voice rings in your head, though no actual sound is heard, and immediately afterwards another tremor is felt across the cave, although this one is quick to subside. But when it does, a huge boulder falls from the ceiling without warning... and crushes the Magmar underneath.

- Holy crap!! What the hell just happened?!

Kyle is in shock, and with good reason. He probably also heard the same voice as you, and now this happens?! There's no way Magmar survived that... was this some sort of twisted punishment for its cowardice, or just an incredible coincidence?
    There's a brief moment of stunned silence as you, Kyle, Vernon, Doduo and Heatmor all look at the massive rock. What if some unknown force in this mountain has the power to kill those inside on a whim? Is any of you safe? What on earth is going on?

Meowth returns from his conversation with the other Heatmor and nudges you on the leg until you give him proper attention. He relays all the information he got with a concerned look on his face: the Heatmor speak of the same "Great One" that the wild Torkoal from before also mentioned. They say It rules over all life on Aduro Island and resides at the core of Mt Aduro, the mountain you're currently in; It is responsible for maintaining certain volcanoes active and others dormant, watching over the balance of the Island and the well-being of its inhabitants... those It deems worthy, that is.
    The Heatmor say that the Great One regards strength and self-sufficiency as the ultimate qualities; It actively looks to dispose of Pokemon he considers weak for lacking those traits, enforcing Its own process of "natural" selection - ensuring that the only inhabitants of Aduro Island are the ones It considers worthy. Magcargo and Magmar are among those It favors, and recruits them to eliminate "less adequate" species. Others It deemed unworthy have turned on other equally inept Pokemon in hopes of gaining the Great One's favor, which is the case with many Torkoal and other species that can't simply feed off lava.
    These are the last remaining Heatmor on all of Aduro Island, and they claim they're about to disappear as well. The Great One diverted the flow of the lava rivers to flood the few remaining Durant nests on Mt Aduro, effectively eliminating their main source of food, and sent Its favored servants to hunt down the few Heatmor that survived. But even if they manage to somehow fend off the attackers, they are doomed to die of starvation. But they say at least they'll die together as a family, concludes a visibly-emotional Meowth.

Kyle nods in agreement.

- That's what I meant when I said I had a conspiracy to look into. It was clear that Aduro, known for its abundance of different Fire-Types, had a recent shift in its fauna. When I came here to get the scoop, I expected to find poachers or some other kind of shady criminal deal... but I never expected it to be the workings of a higher being. If this is the will of the god of Aduro, maybe we shouldn't interfere... The Heatmor look to have accepted their fate too. It's how nature works, I'm not sure we should be fighting it... Besides, we've all just witnessed what happens when the Great One is upset! Come on Keith, let's get the hell out of here. I've heard many reports from highly credible sources about a millenium-old treasure hidden in Mt Infernus... what do you say?

Well... what do you say?
    Vernon looked rather surprised at Keith's orders to just stand there and take the attack, but by the same token, he knew Keith wasn't going to intentionally put him in harm's way. Though he involuntarily flinched at the prospect, he stood still nonetheless, and sure enough, the Flame Burst was absorbed into his body with no ill effects, his temporary Ability shielding him from the Fire move. However, it seemed as though they were too late- Magmar was tightening its grip on one of Doduo's necks, and preparing a Fire Punch with its free hand, ready to deliver a finishing blow-

And then, suddenly, a small rock hit the Magmar in the head! Kyle had thrown a rock at Magmar and was shouting insults at it, a desperate attempt to divert its attention away from Doduo. It was clear to Keith that Kyle truly cared about his Pokémon, but more importantly at the moment, he realized that this was succeeding in distracting the Magmar- the exact opening they needed! "Vernon! Rock Climb!" he exclaimed.

The Tauros wasted no time and jumped onto the distracted Magmar, trampling it underfoot. "Direct hit!" Keith grinned, but then he noticed the second Magmar, the one whose Flame Burst turned out to be useless. It was coming right at Vernon from behind, its arms crossed. Keith gasped- a Cross Chop! How many times had he seen his Toxicroak execute this most powerful of Fighting-type techniques? "Vernon, behind you!" he called, but too late- the Cross Chop hit its mark, knocking the Tauros to the ground. Keith looked on in horror as the pair of Magmar approached Vernon, their arms crossed, ready to finish him off. Keith frantically scrambled for Vernon's Poké Ball, when suddenly, Kyle's Doduo and the strongest Heatmor of the group sprang into action together, the former using Peck on one of the Magmar and the latter hitting the other with Tackle. This was sufficient distraction to allow the Tauros to get back to his feet. "Great, Vernon!" Keith grinned. "Now, Stone Edge! Go!"

Vernon bellowed loudly as he repaid the favor by assailing one of the Magmar with a barrage of sharpened stones, successfully knocking it out. Keith grinned at Vernon gratefully, then turned to look at the remaining Magmar, who suddenly found itself wildly outnumbered. This most obvious disadvantage did not go unnoticed by the Spitfire Pokémon, and it backed off from Heatmor, looking around nervously, in search of an exit, no doubt-

"WEAKLING."

The word reverberated in Keith's head, and yet no actual sound could be heard. It was almost as though something was broadcasting the word telepathically to all minds in the area. But before Keith could even start to react to it, the word brought with it another tremor. This one was mercifully brief, but what happened afterwards was anything but merciful- a rock came falling from the ceiling and crushed the Magmar beneath it! Keith couldn't help but give a startled gasp- Magmar could not have survived that!

There was total silence for a moment as everyone present looked on at the fallen rock that surely killed the Magmar it fell on. What was this? Was this some sort of sick, twisted punishment for the Magmar's sudden moment of cowardice? Or just some unfortunate coincidence? And then, Keith felt something nudging his leg- it was Meowth, and the Scratch Cat Pokémon was looking concerned.

"Meowth?" Keith said as he crouched down. "What is it? What did the Heatmor say?"

"Well... Ya remember dat "Great One" dat da Torkoal mentioned?" Meowth asked. Keith nodded. "Well, it's dis ting dat rules ova all life on da island, and lives at da core of Mt. Aduro- da mountain we're in right now. And it's responsible fer keepin' certain volcanoes dormant and makin' others active, and stuff like dat, and it keeps watch over dose who inhabit dis island- but only dose it deems worthy."

"What do you mean, only those it deems worthy?" asked Keith.

"Well, da Heatmor say dat da Great One values strength and self-sufficiency above all else," Meowth explained, "and it actively seeks ta dispose o' dose it tinks are weak cuz dey ain't as strong or self sufficient as it likes. Dose five Heatmor is da last o' deir kind on dis island, and da Great One wants dem gone, too. "Da- da Great One, it- it diverted lava flows sp-specifically to w-wipe out all da Durant nests on da island, j-just so d-da Heatmor would st-starve ta death," Meowth continued, starting to snivel a bit as he spoke, tears coming to his eyes. "S-so even if dey m-m-manage ta d-drive off all da P-Pokémon da G-Great One is usin' t-ta eliminate d-d-dem, d-dey're just g-gonna st-starve anyways. B-b-but da Heatmor say dat- dat- dat at least- at least dey'll d-die as- as a family!" Meowth wailed before bursting into tears.

For a moment, Keith could not speak as he took in the words. Some higher power that ruled over Aduro Island was actively turning on its weaker inhabitants? That... Keith couldn't even think of words to sufficiently convey just how hideously wrong he thought this was. And then, as he spoke, Kyle voiced the opinion that they should get the hell out of there, that the Heatmor have already resigned themselves to their fate, and cited the Magmar's unfortunate end as a damn good reason as to why they ought not meddle in the affairs of a higher power. He then told Keith of reports he'd received from credible sources about a millennium-old treasure hidden in Mt. Infernus, clearly hoping that he'd want to go with him and not pursue this matter further.

Keith shook his head. "No," he said, his voice thick with rage. "No. There's, there's no way in hell I'm just gonna let this slide. These Heatmor have just as much right to live as any other Pokémon. So what if they have to eat Durant instead of just living on lava like Magmar and Magcargo? They've done nothing to deserve this kind of fate! Hell, this one's even saved Vernon's ass more than once in that battle!" he exclaimed, gesturing to the one who looked less starved than his four companions. "Thank you for that, by the way," Keith added to the Flash Fire Heatmor. "But still- this is an outrage!" Keith then exclaimed, getting back on track. "Kyle, I don't know about you, but I intend to do everything I can to save these Heatmor. Even if it means we gotta relocate them to a different island, even if it means we gotta take on this Great One ourselves." As he spoke, Keith dug into his backpack and dug out an Iapapa Berry. He then crouched down and offered it to the pack of Heatmor. "Here," Keith said. "I know it's not much, and that it's no Durant, but it's all I got. I'm gonna help you guys if it's the last thing I do, understand?"

As Keith did this, Meowth climbed back onto Keith's shoulder. He had stopped sobbing, but his eyes were still watery, though he could now speak coherently again. "I'll help, too!" Meowth declared. "I'm wit ya all da way, Keith!" Even Vernon gave a determined bellow, offering his support for this cause- clearly still thankful for the help that the strongest Heatmor of the bunch had given him in that battle. Keith smiled, thankful for his Pokémon's support, as he held out the Iapapa Berry to the pack of Heatmor.

*Vernon grew to level 6!*

Deadly stare. Electric Blue Eye's Avatar

Salin City

Electric Blue Eye: Sean awaits patiently for your choice of Pokemon. The second Diego materializes on the battlefield, a faint smile crosses his lips, pleased with your choice of counter - a Gym Leader is expected to know the all strengths and limitations of his preferred type, and even though Jellicent holds no type advantage over Quagsire, the entire picture has already formed in Sean's mind - Diego can maneuver just as well as Quagsire in and out of water, has access to Grass moves and almost none of Quagsire's attacks are particularly effective against Ghosts.

- A fine choice Ethan. Show me what you got.

Quagsire's expression is its usual goofy one. It stares blankly at Diego for about a minute before smiling and waving at him. Sean waits for your instructions and immediately formulates his own strategy as he hears your orders.

- Encore his Ice Beam, Yawn and close with Amnesia.

Diego dutifully releases a stream of frigid energy at the water around them; almost immediately, the arena transforms into an ice ring, effectively stopping either Pokemon from going underwater without breaking through the frozen layer above. As instructed, Quagsire immediately starts applauding, its contagious enthusiasm causing Diego to forget his next moves. Rather than following up with Absorb, the Jellicent fires another Ice Beam, this time aimed at the opponent, who takes it like a champ. The beam hits its mark causing appreciable damage to the part-Ground-Type, but far from enough to defeat it - so much so that Quagsire responds with a casual Yawn, suddenly unimpressed with the repeated attack. Diego is left groggy, and as he prepares to lazily shoot a third Ice Beam, Quagsire's mind tunes out for a moment - in turn greatly increasing his tolerance to special moves. When the third beam connects it barely causes any visible damage, and you're left in a tight spot.

- I'm in no hurry to finish this. And by the looks of it, neither is Diego.

Sean sounds slightly amused for once, clearly taking a jab at you to rile you up. You can tell he's eager to see how you respond - Quagsire is now much stronger against energy-based moves (comprising most of Jellicent's arsenal) and you can tell Diego is about to fall asleep - you'll be lucky if he pulls off another move before it happens, not to mention he might still be locked in the Encore... although you did land a couple of hits this turn, the odds are clearly stacked against you!

What do you do?
    Amazing, Ethan thought, To have been able to see my Pokémon and know exactly why I choose it in the first place…so this is the strength a Gym Leader has. He has countered me without doing relatively anything, really. And the chemistry these two share, Sean’s rather amused face complied with his Quagsire’s dopey character…they blend rather well together, don’t they? But this is no time to praise them! He may not of had any super effective moves but the way he’s already forcing me to switch to my next Pokémon, it’s kind of incredible…but that doesn’t change my plans one tiny bit. Ethan smiled.

"Alright Diego you did exactly what I needed you to do, return amigo!" Ethan yelled as he retrieved his drowsy Jellicent back into his ball.

He couldn’t risk Diego staying out longer then he could, even if Jellicent did strike at least one more attack, after getting hit with Yawn and only 3 Pokémon to choose from, he needed to play it smart. This was no different from playing Chess…

Look at the battle unfold in your mind, Ethan, don’t think 2 steps ahead think, 3, 4 or more if you can… a voice of a ghost from his past echoing in his mind.

Unclipping a Premier Ball from his belt Ethan threw it up in the air before yelling out, "Chris, I need your assistance!" and in a flash of white silvery light a small green serpent like Pokémon with feet appendages appeared (more like lizard) on the field. Now that he was able to provide some flat surface for his Snivy to run around in or in this case skate; his plan could go into effect.

"Chris, don’t let the Quagsire’s goofy face fool you! There’s no point dawdling with this Pokémon." The trainer yelled out, "You need to strike fast and hard!…start with Magical Leaf, while under attack hit him with a Glare and finish with a Leaf Blade!"

The way Ethan saw it, he needed to immobilize Sean’s Pokémon from causing another Encore or Yawn and at the same time cause damage…only time would tell if his plan would work.

Brine Island

Salin City

sweetbbydoll: The old man looks on as you try your best to define Contests and their meaning; speaking from the heart, you explain the reasons you're drawn to the art of performing rather than battling, stressing the fundamental differences between appeals and battles. And you're right, it's likely that very difference that turns people away from Contests so often - from a very young age, most children are exposed to Pokemon battles, be it in school or on TV. Battles have a much wider audience worldwide, and draw several million viewers on large events. Contests, in comparison, have a much more modest fanbase, and as a form of entertainment it occupies simply a particular niche of the market.

The elder's expression gives nothing away all the way through, but when you finish he can't help but sport a huge smile. When you turn to leave, disheartened by the current state of affairs in Salin City's Contest scene, he again puts a hand on your shoulder to stop you.

- Please wait just a little longer. Hearing you speak like that... it reminded me of someone very dear to me. My wife used to talk about Contests just like you do - in a way, she still does. She was quite the champion back in the day... the appeals she came up with were things of beauty, true works of art. She won many Contests in her youth too. She and I travelled all over Fizzy Bubbles - while I challenged a town's Gym Leader, she'd be performing at the local Contest Hall!

He tears up a little but quickly regains composure.

- I... I don't want to keep you from your endeavors much longer, but if I could trouble you with a personal request... you are right in saying many people turn away from Contests in this day and age. In fact, their popularity started to dwindle long ago, and with them my wife's happiness... When more and more people began to lose interest in the art, she was forced to step away from the almost non-existent professional circuit. Since she did, she was never the same again... Nothing cheers her up anymore - I can't remember the last time I heard her laugh. I can do nothing to replace what she lost but... maybe you could? Could you please help her relive her dream? A simple appeal, something pretty to lift her heart... I'm sure she'd love to see a youngster who still loves Contests as much as she did.

He looked down, embarrassed for asking so much of you.

- I can't bring Contests back to Cascadia, but maybe you could bring Contests back into her life, if only for a moment... but I ask so much of you, with nothing to offer in return! I shouldn't be forcing all this on a stranger, someone so young no less. Please forgive me, this isn't your struggle.

He pulls out a paper rectangle from his pocket.

- Sorry for taking so much of your time. I'm glad we got to talk, dear. Here, take it if you want: I purchased a ticket to watch the Grand Farewell but these days I lack the motivation to actually go... you seem to know that young man from the broadcast, so maybe you'd like to watch the Tournament in person?
    OOC: You hit my heart strings!

Liza looked at the ticket, it had been so long since she got to be with her High School sweetheart in person, to even be inches away from him while he did the thing he loved, it was a chance of a life time!

Sure they would call each other when they could, leave messages, send care packages, etc. but it wasn’t the same, it wasn’t until Liza had built up the courage to quit school that she finally decided to come be with him. That’s the whole reason she even came to Fizzy Bubbles…though not the only reason, she had her own dreams too, she wanted to compete in contests and after hearing this old man’s story…it kind of reminder her of her life with Ethan.

What would you do Ethan? Liza thought, What am I saying… she shook her head, I know exactly what you’d do…

There might not be any active contests anymore, but she didn’t care. As a person that loved contests and as a kid she owed it to herself to show this man’s wife that there are still people out there that believe! That the art form wasn’t as dead as other think it is, so what if there wasn’t any audience to see it? ’They don’t know what they’re missing out!’

Because of her old aunt that was near 80 years now that took care of Liza when she was nothing more than a baby until she was the age she was now, Liza had always had a soft spot for the elderly when everyone else simply dismissed them, got tired of them or just didn’t have the patience.

Liza grabbed the other man’s hand with both of her own and looked him straight in the eye, “I will help you, so that your wife can see that the burning passion of contests is still alive and well!”

“Litwick, Lit!”

I’m sorry love, I guess I’ll have to wait for the reunion you promised..

[Member’s Post]

Glacier Island

Boreal Wastelands

Treepandaone: The words spill out of your mouth practically on their own. Struck by despair and disbelief, you promptly confess to carrying an infected Pokemon with you - not necessarily out of concern for the well-being of those at the encampment, but a frail hope that these men could do something. Anything at all.

You feel the snowmobile halt to a stop almost immediately after you finish talking. Daryl turns around and forcefully pushes you off your seat and down to the icy floor.

- What the f*ck did you say? Are you insane?!

His voice is filled with rage and apprehension, as if the mere thought of travelling with an infected Pokemon safely stored inside its Ball was enough to contaminate the whole camp from a distance. Daryl looks ready to lay a beating on you until Jacob intervenes to stop things from escalating.

- Calm down please! Daryl, it's not his fault. He was attacked, just like we were in the past. We all lost our Pokemon, you managed to hold on to Magneton but not everyone was so lucky. I wasn't, you remember that. Matthew's Psyduck needs our help and you should be glad he mentioned its infection before we got inside! How many people would do that?

He gets off the snowmobile and helps you to your feet.

- Listen, we've learned how to handle early-stage infections but we have to be quick about it, and even then the response to treatment varies with each host. Psyduck will have to be quarantined in a heated room to thaw out any ice particles in her circulation and prevent the corruption from spreading. Having her inside her Ball won't help either... If you trust me, please hand her over and I'll do my best to save her. I can't promise you anything, it's not a flawless method, but it's all we can do.

He holds out his hand, hoping for an agreement.

- Also, we'll need to take a look at Porygon as well. It's supposedly a digital creature but I don't know if it can be corrupted. We've realized that Pokemon like Magneton are immune, but a lifeform like Porygon is a complete mystery to us - it's unlikely that it's been infected, but for the sake of everyone inside I can't take any chances. Please... it's the only way I can let you in.
    The snowmobile juddered to a halt as Matthew found himself being pushed forcefully from the back no sooner than the words trickled from his mouth. The angry response washed over him while his head span with dizziness, culminating into lightheadedness as his stomach churned. The Pokémon trainer had been adventuring for some time, but never had he encountered such pure evil in the wilderness. Pokémon of his past had moved on, released, traded, put into adoption and taken by other trainers but the aspect of death was never something that occurred throughout his travels. Reanimated Pokémon and zombie Pokémon resurrected from a demi-god seemed so distant and yet so unreal but this experience, with his comrades lives on the line, brought him to a core-shattering reality he could never wish upon anyone.

Daryl was right to be mad as his face bulged with pure anger, even Matthew had to agree that his moral compass was slowly eroding into a lacklustre effort. In his shoes, the reaction would have been the same and Matthew couldn't blame him violent repressions. He had put the entire camp's safety at risk, and the efforts of those who had lost friends, family and Pokémon to survive, a sin he would never had attempted in years gone by. His bed of ice made the trainer reflect on how self-centered he had become since his absence; as if old memories were of a completely different person. Years of swearing against Team Rocket had made him bitter and the taste was finally catching up to him, a palpable flavour of spiritual discomfort in juxtaposition to his ego's expectations.

Death was inevitable, but Matthew had no desire to have a Pokémon so young to the world turn moments into its first adventure. He wanted to show his Pokémon the majesty he had been adventuring in for so many years, not have them perish in a place so frigid and lonely. He had heard many stories of a town dedicated to honouring the dead in his home region of Kanto, the famous Lavender town holding the Pokémon Tower where spirits are set free, though he had never been. He feared the repercussions of dying here in the Glacier Isle; not only having ones spirit forever decimated but unwillingly turning into the same monstrosities that had made them that way.

“Calm down please! Daryl, it's not his fault. He was attacked, just like we were in the past. We all lost our Pokemon, you managed to hold on to Magneton but not everyone was so lucky. I wasn't, you remember that. Matthew's Psyduck needs our help and you should be glad he mentioned its infection before we got inside! How many people would do that?”

Jacob spoke gentle and forgiving words, though Matthew wasn't sure if he agreed with him. He had endangered lives by not speaking up sooner, and a wave of guilt rushed through him once more. He tried to apologise and beg for forgiveness but he choked up, the trainer fighting back tears as he croaked out a pitiful attempt. Jacob helped him to his feet, a rush of blood bringing him back into an existence he wasn't sure he deserved to be in. He glanced over his shoulder at the figure carved into the snow, his body head creating an image that looked like the snow angels he made both as a child and as an adult at his base, but all he saw was a demon. It was like a symbol of fate, the image of life and death that could befall his Pokémon.

Jacob spoke once more as Matthew turned and listened, a new fire burning in his soul to make matter right again. He had foolishly believed that a man-made construct like a Pokéball could hold the foul beasts of darkness he had just witnessed, but a spark of light glimmered at the prospect of a cure. He nodded at the prospect at handing over his Pokémon, even at the slightest chance of recovery, but this was a big step. He had never given control over his Pokémon to anyone, but he knew the deed had to be done. Unclasping the second Pokéball from his belt, he handed over Psyduck and Porygon to the man before thanking him with all his heart.

He would find a way to make this right. No matter what happened he would repay this debt...

Silver Ocean

CyberBlastoise: Dried blood or eerie mist... neither choice seems right. It seems that whichever door you choose, there will be consequences, and neither give any indication of how you'll get Swift healed up. Because that is still the number one priority.

Or is it? Common sense tells you to stay away from the familiar blue mist that gives you the chills... but curiosity tells you to go ahead and open the door. Besides, trying the other one meant going to the back of the ship, if your sense of direction doesn't fail you...

You place a hand on the door handle, turn it and push the door open. A thick layer of neon-blue smoke kicks up, pouring into the storage room you're in, making you cough a couple of times. You look up into the darkness ahead... and one more, overpowering chill runs down your spine while your legs begin to tremble on their own.

Before you is a long, narrow corridor that stretches into the distance, covered in fog. And amidst the fog you count no less than five male Jellicent, absent-mindedly floating above the ground, casually bumping into each other and against the walls as if they weren't even there. Their moans fill the ship, as well as your very soul with an intense fear even though they haven't even noticed you yet - their mere presence seems to exert some kind of terrifying effect. The mist has a glow of its own that illuminates the hall in its entirety with a faint blue light, allowing you to peer into the distance and see a door on the far end of the corridor. And standing in front of it is a sixth male Jellicent, but green instead of blue...

Turns out this isn't a sunken ship inhabited by a lone Jellicent... it's a full-on ghost ship! You try to hide behind the door you just opened as you go over your options, now that the mystery of the blue mist has been revealed...

Will you force your way through the ghost horde, attempt to sneak by, turn back to one of the other doors, or something else entirely?
    OoC: I'll be honest. I expected a refrigeration unit...and that you were messing with me...

Bill slowly opened the door, hoping that whatever was on the other side would be friendly...or at least not be a ghost that could hurt him now. A small creeeeeeak was heard as he pressed against the chilly handle. Now he wondered just what it could be that was on the other side of this doorway. The trainer's eyes peered through the small crack only to find another room, but this one was a little different. It was a long narrow hallway covered through the brim of that fog that was seeping under the door not too long ago. And amongst the fog was a very familiar site from not too long ago, the Jellicent that told him to leave...only this time it wasn't just the one, it was a group. He had a choice to make, did he really want to back track to find another exit? Go through the other door and maybe meet an even worse fate or go through there hoping for the best. He looked back at the other door, which was really tempting, but then he looked down at his Pokeball containing Swift in it. He didn't know how long that he would have and time was of the essence. Backtracking is going to have to be a last resort, and Bill had done dumber things in the past.

"Arceus, protect me..." he mumbled to himself. If he could just get passed those Jellicent, maybe he could find an exit through the other side...or at least a place with water that he could battle in. Either way is fine. He opened the door fully, and started to crawl down low, maybe these ghosts can't see through their own smoke. The only thing that was on his mind right now is to get Swift to safety and fast. If only they could stay distracted with each other until he could reach the other side...or maybe he could find a hole in the floor and head down too. Either way works right now, just so long as he can keep going. Bill had to admit, he had been through paranormal stuff before and it never phased him but this time felt different...he couldn't quite explain it.

The way that we live Perap's Pearl's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Lily Island
    With a totally different landscape from the first, Lily Island is the second largest of the archipelago. Completely covered with vegetation, this island was also formed by a volcano. However, erosion has taken this island down to almost flat, and giving many homes to all types of grass and bug Pokemon among others. Inside the dense jungle, which takes up about a half of the island, there is a very small lake. There are two different forests on the island, and you can tell when you've gone from one forest to another. Besides being divided by the Diamond River, some strange force causes them to have completely different climates as well...
    The Silver Forest - The forest which takes up a bit more than half of the island, Silver Island is named for the silver veins the leaves are adorned with. A deciduous forest, you'll mainly see flying and bug types here, due to the lack of ground vegetation. There is a rest stop somewhere in the forest, helping trainers on their way.
    The Diamond River - A fast flowing river that cuts through the two forests, the Diamond River is named so because of the crystals in the lake bed, which cause the water to seem to sparkle. These crystals look very valuable, though the fast running currents many make them hard to reach. The river is about 8 feet deep, and 10 feet wide. Its source is the mysterious lake in the Red Forest, while it empties into the Silver Ocean.
    The Red Forest - Quite possibly the most dangerous of all of the areas in Cascadia, the Red Forest was named after the savage conditions it provides. Many ruthless and savage Pokemon live in this dense rainforest, of which many attack without warning. There's no telling what types of Pokemon you may find here. It is said that a small freshwater lake is somewhere in this forest as well.
    [This might be a tad rusty but here goes]

It had been a long time coming but the time was almost here.

Having spent the past few years out of trouble and drowning in the monotony of life as an adult, Zak had decided that a vacation was long overdue. Not just any old seaside vacation, though, this excursion was to be a far cry from the city life he had completely adjusted himself to since laying down the mantle of boy adventurer. He had daydreamed about this trip for the past few months, ever since he had began his research on which regions would make for the best experience. There was only one true stipulation and that was, wherever he eventually chose, he would need to be able to completely immerse himself in the natural world he truly belonged in. With this in mind, Zak decided on the Cascadia archipelago. He knew that, with the assistance of his Pokémon, he could explore the islands at his leisure and spend some quality time with his Pokémon in the wilderness.

Before he knew it, the morning of the trip was upon him and Zak made all of his final checks. Weighed down by a backpack brimming with provisions, everything was in place to hit the sky. With a swift movement, he had grabbed a Pokéball from his belt and activated the release button. In a split second and a flash of crimson light, a humongous avian stands before him. Tim the Pidgeot had always been Zak's go to Pokémon when it came to long distance travel. Not only could he quite comfortably seat himself upon the bird's back, but they could always reach incredible speeds over distance too.

"Alright Tim, we've got quite a long flight ahead of us. If you need to rest at any point, let me know." Zak stroked beneath the Pidgeot's feathered mane and the bird bowed his head ever so slightly. He knew as well as Zak that the journey would be no problem for him, but he was glad to hear that he could let another of his team mates carry the load as it were. It was a good job, really, as the prospect of straddling a Slowking and swimming to the archipelago would not only be more dangerous, it would be significantly more wet.

"I know you're a confident flyer, but take a look at this map I've sketched up. This is the Cascadia archipelago and this is going to be our destination..." he pointed to a circled island on the crudely drawn map which he had labeled LILY ISLAND with three less prominent labels for the specific locations upon the island; the Silver Forest, the Red Forest and the Diamond River which separated the two through the center. The entire island sounded beautiful and he couldn't wait to explore it as much as he could. With that in mind, he knew he would have to start somewhere and that wasn't a hard decision. Having read that the Silver Forest had a rest stop, it seemed only logical to aim to find his way there and get a feel for the locale as he did so. There might be people there, people with a mind for adventure.

"From what I can gather, the majority of the island is covered by the forests. Let's head towards the edge of the Silver Forest and I will get walking from there." With the destination set and Tim ruffling his feathers in anticipation, it was time to alight and ascend. Lily Island, here we come...

[Profile] and [AR completion]
    Last edited by Perap's Pearl; 6th July 2014 at 07:34 AM.

Aduro Island

Geyser Park

Mt. Aduro

Missingno. Master: Your mind is set: you'll confront this "god of the mountain" and bring peace to Mt Aduro. Try as he may, there's no way Kyle will stop you from doing the right thing, and he seems to have given up trying.

- Man, you sure are a righteous dude. I guess it's the decent thing to do... It's against the code of professional journalism to interfere directly with ongoing events; we're meant to cover the news and that's it. But I guess I'm not really a professional yet, so I can overlook the rules for once...

He tries to sound carefree but it's obvious he's terrified. Doduo looks at its Trainer in horror - at least the bird has no problems about letting its fear show.
    The pack of Heatmor approach you as you offer them the Iapapa Berry, but after hungrily staring at it for a while, they realize there's no way they could share it among all of them; the leader hands the Berry back to you while Meowth explains that they're thankful for your gift, but they can't accept something they're unable to split evenly. They seem like a tight family, even if maybe they're not all related - having stuck together through all the hardships inside the mountain, they've become as close as siblings.

The Heatmor leader tells Meowth they know where the Great One dwells, but no Pokemon have ever made it to Its lair without permission. It lives deep within Mt Aduro, at the very heart of the volcano, from where It control the flow of magma and the isle's expansion - the Great One decides when Aduro erupts and when it rests. Heatmor says that if they hope to confront the mountain god, they better be prepared to face heavy opposition, both from Its loyal servants and the volcano itself, which the Great One controls freely, as you've just witnessed. The Flash Fire anteater stresses the dangers of opposing such a creature, but adds that if they can count on your help to do so, then they're willing to risk death to put an end to the tyranny. Suddenly...

COME TO ME, IF YOU DARE.

Again the deep booming voice is heard, but this time it echoes throughout the entire cave rather than in your head, a sound so loud that the walls around you seem to tremble. Taunting you to chase it, you can only guess that the Great One is listening, which is a frightening thought - if this creature can see and hear everything that happens inside the volcano, there's no way you'll catch it by surprise.

A rumbling sound follows the voice and two large holes open up on a nearby wall, creating tunnels that lead to parts unknown. Embers continuously escape from the hole on the left, flickering ominously, while an odd yellow smoke-like substance seeps out from the entrance on the right. Neither seem particularly welcoming...

HELLFIRE OR BRIMSTONE?

Lily Island

The Silver Forest

Pearl’s Perap: ((Welcome to the team, hope you have a great time! ^^))

It's been quite a while since you went on an adventure. You're no rookie, having explored many different locations over the course of your journey across Fizzy Bubbles spanning several years of travelling. You've seen and experienced a lot, and after a prolonged period of rest, your adventurer spirit has grown restless again.

You choose Cascadia, and the legendary Silver Forest, as your final destination - a place widely known for its unique plant life, and considered by many one of the seven wonders of Fizzy Bubbles. But unlike many others who have ventured there, you don't do so by sea, but rather by air, courtesy of your long-time partner Tim, the Shiny Pidgeot.

Your partner has been carrying you across the skies of Fizzy Bubbles for quite a while now, and he's flying noticeably slower than when you left off, even though his sheer strength allows it to keep a steady altitude. You've seen some of the most incredible sights in the land during this trip, the (almost literal) bird's eye view providing a spectacle few are fortunate enough to witness - after all, not everyone is capable of raising a Flying-Type to such a degree as to allow this method of travel for very long, so in a way, you've earned it.

You passed over Aduro Island, with the eponymous volcano as imposing as always, perpetually fuming and leaking red-hot lava. You flew right above the dreaded Venom Island and its ill-reputed Bane Forest, and laid eyes on the beautiful Crater Island and its world-famous beaches. And now that Tim has reached the next island, one that looks half-green and half-silver from the sky, you know you're right where you want to be. Until...

A loud choir of war cries fills the air around you, and you watch in awe as six huge red and blue birds, as big as your own, emerge from the silver foliage to the west and surround you and Tim. All six flap their wings simultaneously and release a flurry of wind blades on sight, a practically choreographed assault that almost definitely has been praticed before, and try as he may there's no way the tired Tim can dodge them all. Several Air Slashes slice away at the Pidgeot's wings and torso, and one of them grazes your left shoulder leaving behind a painful cut, though luckily not deep. Unfortunately, the same can't be said for Tim's injuries, and it isn't long before he's overwhelmed by the onslaught... he finds himself unable to support your weight any longer, and before you know it you're both free-falling toward the forest below!

---

Everything is fuzzy for a while; your eyes have trouble focusing, and even after they do you're unsure of where you are. Everything is a mix of green, silver and light brown... your left knee hurts like hell, so much so that you forget about your shoulder. After a while you finally begin to make sense of your surroundings: the green and silver are leaves from trees that spread as far as the eye can see; the light brown are feathers from the pair of wings that cradle you... Tim!!

Startled, you spring to your feet, only to stumble as your left knee gives out. You turn to face your partner and watch in shock as your trusty Pidgeot lies mangled on the floor, its body covered in open wounds, tainted red from the blood. One of the wings is positioned awkwardly, suggesting it might be fractured, but (for better or worse) Tim remains conscious, though short of breath. You finally piece everything together and realize that Tim must have enveloped in his wings as you both crashed, shielding you from the branches and the rocky surface of the forest ground at the expense of his own well being. Whereas your only scars from the Braviary assault are a grazed shoulder and a banged-up knee, your partner had it much, much worse...

You limp over to your fallen friend in concern. You're stranded in the middle of nowhere, and someone definitely doesn't seem to want you here... you can't linger much longer! But where do you go from here?...

Looking up to the sky between the foliage, you can make out six dark-blue speckles moving to your left - if those are the Braviary who attacked you they must've given up the search and are probably returning from wherever they came, at least giving you a faint sense of direction. The way they attacked in such coordinated fashion suggests human involvement, maybe there's some sort of settlement nearby...
    A gentle breeze then starts to blow from the direction opposite that of Braviary's destination, carrying fallen leaves with it. Most of them are the famed silver leaves that put this forest on the map, but for some reason, several others are a totally different color... pitch-black.
    You pick up a handful of these leaves that the wind kicked up: you keep 3x Silver Leaf and inspect the fourth, black one... it's not burned, but instead the entire leaf seems to have been drained of color somehow...

With Tim seriously injured and no way to be certain of your current location, where do you go? Do you follow the flock of Braviary to the west in hopes of finding people? Or do you go east, the way these black leaves seem to be coming from?

Crater Island

Iridi Beach

Pearl Lake

Brine Island

Salin City

Electric Blue Eye: You remember the rules of the Tournament: Gym Leaders aren't allowed to switch out their Pokemon, but the challenger is, and you intend to make the most of it. Quagsire may have sealed most of Diego's options, but you've already laid the foundations for your next partner to take center stage - recalling the Jellicent, you send out your Snivy, who is now capable of fighting on equal footing with Sean's Water-Types on the frozen arena.

When Chris materializes, Sean nods in acknowledgement, understanding that the tables have turned - Quagsire's greatest weakness is Grass, and it seems he half-expected you to send out such a Pokemon. His expression says he knows he's in for a challenge, but he doesn't seem particularly concerned; all in all, Sean's a difficult man to read.

You realize the importance of keeping up the pressure, lest Chris is trapped by Encore or Yawn like Diego was - you can't afford to have your trump card be locked like that, so your only option is to give Quagsire no breathing room.

You choose to start off with an undodgeable move; Magical Leaf seems like a good choice, the many projectiles certain to keep Quagsire occupied. The Snivy spins around in place, releasing several glowing leaves into the air, which quickly converge and fly toward the opponent like a rainbow waterfall. Sean is quick to act, realizing that evading the maneuver is impossible.

- Stop the leaves with Icy Wind!

A freezing gale suddenly starts blowing, millions of ice particles flowing in the wind; the strong air current meets Chris's attack and you can only watch as the leaves freeze over and harmlessly fall to the ground like crystal decorations...
    However, your partner immediately follows up by locking eyes with the foe, Glaring at it with a mesmerizing gaze. Quagsire, in all its adorable dopiness, is far from scared, but for some reason is fascinated by Snivy's stare, finding itself unable to do anything but stare back... that's when Chris takes his opening: gliding at high speed right toward the opponent while its tail glows green, the grass snake slashes Quagsire's torso with his Leaf Blade scoring a direct hit! The amphibian stumbles back in great pain - Amnesia was useless against contact moves, and the move was highly effective! The crowd erupts at the turn of events, ecstatic to see the underdog bring the fight to the Gym Leader!

Sean smiles once again, admired by your display of skill.

- Quagsire, counter with Ice Punch now that he's in range!

The Water-Type is quick to obey and exact revenge; it's not exactly mad, but definitely mildly annoyed at Snivy's aggressiveness, almost moderately upset. It raises an ice-cold fist and slams it down on Snivy who is still struggling to stop slipping on the tricky floor. The move sends the much smaller Pokemon flying back, but Chris quickly gets back up indicating it still has some fight left in him, despite his weakness to Ice moves. If anything, his Leaf Blade hit harder than Quagsire's punch, so you're in the lead!

- Well done Ethan. But I can't let you go first all the time! You're putting on quite a show, let's see if you can keep up. Quagsire, Recover from the hit and whip up aBlizzard to put the Snivy away! If it gets close, another Ice Punch might change his mind.

sweetbbydoll: Despite wanting nothing more than to reunite with your dear Ethan, who was doing really well on his tournament debut, the man's pleas get to you. You can't ignore his issue, especially since it's something you feel you can actually do something about!

The elder's smile widens once again, genuinely surprised that you would refuse the ticket in favor of helping him out. Judging by his immediate reaction, you can't help but wonder how many times he's been turned down before...

- Oh-oh my, are you sure? I really didn't want to trouble you dear... but if you really would like to help, it'd mean the world to me! My name's Oscar. If it's not too much to ask, could you please follow me? We live practically next door to the Pokemon Center...

You watch as old man Oscar hurries outside, as if time had suddenly reversed and he was a youngster once again. You follow him outside and toward a nearby house, a simple-looking one-story building, walls painted pale yellow, with a small garden by the entrance and a considerably larger yard in the back with a pond and a rusty slide.

- I built that garden from the ground up... - said Oscar with a sad voice - Dana and I had planned to start a Daycare Center when we settled down from all the traveling, but then she lost her passion for Pokemon and it never really went anywhere... Maybe one day, right?

He tries to sound cheerful but he's clearly overwhelmed by an almost palpable sense of hopelessness, as if sure they'll be dead long before his wife agrees to resume their plans. He opens the front door and invites you in, then asks you to wait in the hall.

- I'll be right back dear!

He disappears down a flight of stairs to your right and you find yourself alone for a moment. Looking around the house, it's obvious the elder couple has been living here for a long time. The furniture has a classic, almost vintage feel to it, made of dark, solid-looking wood you assume could be mahogany. Several tomes and and small vases line the shelves of a tall bookcase, neatly arranged but dusty all over. In fact, the carpet you're standing on, despite presenting an elegant combination of brown and beige designs, clearly hasn't been vacuumed in a long time... A shame really, as the entry hall is otherwise tastefully decorated.

Oscar reappears carrying something colorful in his right hand, smiling but gasping for air after climbing the stairs back up.

- Sorry for the delay, took me a while to find these... Here, pick one, maybe it'll help Dana remember the good old times if she sees it...

He holds out his hand and shows you four dusty, worn-looking pieces of cloth, each with a different color - you recognize them as being Blue, Green, Yellow and Pink Scarves, and it seems Oscar wants you to have one.

- It's alright, you can keep it. Think of it as my way of thanking you for coming all this way... It's really all I have to offer, I'm afraid.

After you've made your choice, Oscar takes you by the hand and guides down the hall all the way to the door on the far end. Pictures of a once-young couple line the walls, and it's curious to note that the portraits have been meticulously cleaned, as opposed to just about everything else. You reach a heartwarming conclusion - even though Dana seems to lack motivation to do many things (perhaps explaining why house cleaning has been neglected), the elderly couple still goes to the trouble of preserving these memories.

- She's in the living room by the couch. Come on in and I'll introduce you!

The two of you enter the large division, also classically decorated with antique furniture. An elaborate glass chandelier hangs from the roof and there are two old-looking couches in the center of the room, facing a small TV set you notice is turned off. An old lady is sitting on one of the couches, donning a white sleeveless dress that must have been gorgeous when it was new... some forty years ago. The woman is facing a nearby window, gazing outside with a vacant expression, and doesn't notice you until Oscar speaks up.

- Dear, I'm back! And look, I brought someone along! Her name is Liza, she's a girl who came to Salin just recently and guess what... she loves Contests just as much as you do!

The elderly lady remains silent for what feels like hours and finally responds in a cold, distant voice without so much as shifting her head.

- Contests are dead. You're wasting your youth. Please leave.

An awkward, deafening silence fills the room...
    What do you do?

Ion Island

Storm Lake

Glacier Island

Boreal Wastelands

Treepandaone: Daryl looks on with a furious expression as you hand your Pokeballs over to Jacob with little hesitation. The fact that he doesn't openly object seems indicate Jacob has more pull than Daryl and that, luckily for you, what the former says go. You get the feeling that, if it was Daryl's call, you'd probably be left to die outside the encampment.

- Thank you for your trust Matthew. We'll keep them safe. Now come on, we have to hurry and put them in quarantine!

Jacob approached the front gate, followed by Daryl, and both men took their helmets off - you only now realize you never got to see their faces before. Jacob has short light brown hair and looks to be in his mid-thirties, clean shaven and with green eyes. Daryl, the taller of the two, looks slightly older, although it may be so due to his thick pitch-black beard and shoulder-length black hair; his eyes are light blue in stark contrast with his remaining facial features, and he's all in all an imposing figure. Again, thank Arceus he doesn't seem to be in charge.

Jacob knocks on the metal gate and shouts to the man on the other side. For such a renowned research facility, you'd expect them to have a less archaic method of answering the door...

The gate opens at the sound of Jacob's voice and he motions for you to join them. As you set foot inside the camp, you're met with the curious (and not-so-friendly) gazes of several people inside... Jacob whispers something to the scrawny man that opened the gate and he immediately takes off running towards a nearby building. Daryl doesn't linger and instead walks into a tent in the distance without a word, leaving you alone with Jacob.

- I gave the order to prepare the isolation room. Like I said, if we keep them warm it usually slows down the infection, but I can't guarantee results... Electricity is in short supply and if we reroute too much power to the heating room we risk a blackout, something we can't afford. But I'm sure Psyduck will be fine!

He tries to cheer you up, but it's evident he's being cautious. You wonder what their actual success rate is, but if it's all you have to go on, there's nothing else you can do other than having faith...

- Try to get some rest. I won't lie: you're one of the very few capable battlers we have in camp right now, and I'm inclined to ask for your assistance with some things while Psyduck heals. We're lacking supplies but each hunting trip is a dance with death out there, only a couple of us can hold our onw against Shards. If you could join us tomorrow I'm sure it'd be a huge help... Please think it over while you recover.

He points to a building to your far left and enumerates each facility in the encampment from left to right of your field of vision.

- That first building over there is the dormitory, you might want to head there and get some sleep. Next to it is the medical wing for our survivors, then the Pokemon Center where the quarantine room was built, and next to that is the canteen. The large green tent in the middle, where Daryl went, is a makeshift base of operations where we run the camp and discuss most pressing matters. To its right is the only research unit we haven't dismantled; we have a handful of coworkers studying the Shards, and there's a reinforced annex behind it that is off-limits to almost everyone in camp where we keep a couple of live specimens for their research... working on living Shards is the only way for them to find a definite cure, so I can't deny them that, as much as it troubles me.

He puts a hand on your shoulder and nods with determination.

- I'll drop your Pokemon over at the center to start treatment and then there are some things I have to go over in the research unit, so feel free to turn in for the day. Please think over my request, it'd be great to count on you tomorrow. And have faith, everything will be fine!

Jacob leaves for the Pokemon Center and you find yourself alone once more, under many inquisitive and indiscreet glares. Where you go now is your choice, although it's getting rather late and most people are returning to the dormitory. Jacob didn't mention any curfew, but you do feel exhausted, not to mention hungry...

What do you do?

Silver Ocean

Auronos Caverns

CyberBlastoise: ((A refrigeration unit is much too harmless for what I intend to put you through :P))

You bank it all on Swift's cure - whatever that may be - to be found on the front part of the ship, reasoning that going back to the bloody door would be pointless backtracking. With so little to go on, you decide to try your luck and sneak behind (or rather, below) the horde of fully-evolved ghosts all the way to the door guarded by the green Jellicent, hiding in the undead's own mist. They do seem oblivious to their surroundings, as if in a zombified state, so maybe they won't notice you...

You crouch and crawl amidst the creepy fog, and as it surrounds you from head to tow you feel your body grow colder and colder. You start shivering but press onward, trying to figure out if this is actual cold or something else entirely... the paranormal isn't meant to make sense and none of this does.
    One benefit of the mist is that the Jellicent really don't seem to notice you, at least the first of the six you are now carefully crawling under. But the downside is that it clouds your own vision and it's impossible to tell if there are any door nearby without raising your head to see...

Heart-wrenching moans fill the corridor, and the further your progress the mroe convinced you are that what you feel isn't a simple drop in temperature at all, but an intense lingering fear that's penetrating your very core as if made of ice. The ghosts' wordless cries speak of untold suffering, misery and loss, making you wonder what happened here and who they might have been in a past life. You also wonder why Pokemon so well-known for their voratious appetite choose to dwell in a lifeless ship where the only apparent means of sustenance are glowing mushrooms... what's keeping them here?

After you successfully pass under the second Jellicent, the moans appear to intensify and the ghosts' movements become more frantic and erratic (at least judging by their fins, the only part of their body you can make out through the fog). They are growing increasingly agitated for some reason... did they sense your life force, or is it something else? There's no way to tell!

More importantly, do you keep crawling forward towards the door at the far end, or do you risk peeking above the mist for a nearby shortcut out of this hall?

Venom Isle

Bane Forest

Last edited by MarbleZone; 30th July 2014 at 07:45 PM.

Avatar loading... 23% Missingno. Master's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Aduro Island

Mt. Aduro

Missingno. Master: Your mind is set: you'll confront this "god of the mountain" and bring peace to Mt Aduro. Try as he may, there's no way Kyle will stop you from doing the right thing, and he seems to have given up trying.

- Man, you sure are a righteous dude. I guess it's the decent thing to do... It's against the code of professional journalism to interfere directly with ongoing events; we're meant to cover the news and that's it. But I guess I'm not really a professional yet, so I can overlook the rules for once...

He tries to sound carefree but it's obvious he's terrified. Doduo looks at its Trainer in horror - at least the bird has no problems about letting its fear show.
    The pack of Heatmor approach you as you offer them the Iapapa Berry, but after hungrily staring at it for a while, they realize there's no way they could share it among all of them; the leader hands the Berry back to you while Meowth explains that they're thankful for your gift, but they can't accept something they're unable to split evenly. They seem like a tight family, even if maybe they're not all related - having stuck together through all the hardships inside the mountain, they've become as close as siblings.

The Heatmor leader tells Meowth they know where the Great One dwells, but no Pokemon have ever made it to Its lair without permission. It lives deep within Mt Aduro, at the very heart of the volcano, from where It control the flow of magma and the isle's expansion - the Great One decides when Aduro erupts and when it rests. Heatmor says that if they hope to confront the mountain god, they better be prepared to face heavy opposition, both from Its loyal servants and the volcano itself, which the Great One controls freely, as you've just witnessed. The Flash Fire anteater stresses the dangers of opposing such a creature, but adds that if they can count on your help to do so, then they're willing to risk death to put an end to the tyranny. Suddenly...

COME TO ME, IF YOU DARE.

Again the deep booming voice is heard, but this time it echoes throughout the entire cave rather than in your head, a sound so loud that the walls around you seem to tremble. Taunting you to chase it, you can only guess that the Great One is listening, which is a frightening thought - if this creature can see and hear everything that happens inside the volcano, there's no way you'll catch it by surprise.

A rumbling sound follows the voice and two large holes open up on a nearby wall, creating tunnels that lead to parts unknown. Embers continuously escape from the hole on the left, flickering ominously, while an odd yellow smoke-like substance seeps out from the entrance on the right. Neither seem particularly welcoming...

HELLFIRE OR BRIMSTONE?
    As Keith set his mind on confronting this so-called "great one", Kyle didn't seem up to trying to talk him out of it. His response to Keith was seemingly carefree, but he really was doing a horrible job at hiding how terrified he really was. His Doduo, on the other hand, made no effort to hide the horrified looks on its faces.

At that moment, Keith offered the Iapapa Berry to the Heatmor, but to his surprise, the leader handed it back to Keith. "Huh?" Keith murmured, confused by this. In response, they spoke to Meowth, who listened intently before turning to Keith.

"Dey say dat dey're grateful fer wat yer tryin' ta do," Meowth translated, "but dey ain't got no way to split it evenly, and dey don't wanna accept nuttin' dey can't split evenly among all five o' dem."

Keith did not respond right away, his respect for this pack of Heatmor growing by the minute. Their pack was truly close, as close as family. Keith could only assume that they were family, but in his mind, registered the possibility that they weren't related, but rather grew close to one another by enduring the hardships they've had to go through. Finally, Keith found his voice. "I... Wow," he murmured. "But there's gotta be a way to split this five ways- Meowth, can't you use your claws and Cut this into fifths?" he asked.

"I could try," Meowth said. "Can't guarantee dey'd all be da same size, though, and dat seems ta be a big ting wit dem."

"Point taken," sighed Keith. "Still, though, I think you should try," he added, handing the berry to Meowth. "These Heatmor gotta eat something."

At that moment, however, the leader of the Heatmor pack spoke up again, and after a few minutes of listening, Meowth turned to Keith, to provide translation once again. "Dey know where da Great One is at," Meowth said to Keith. "Accordin' ta dem, though, no Pokémon's ever made it to its lair witout permission. Apparently, It lives at da very heart o' da volcano and controls da lava flow, decides when da volcano erupts, dat sort o' ting. And it's gonna be dangerous," he added nervously. "But if dey can count on our help ta take on da Great One, dey're willin' ta... ta risk death ta stop da tyranny." Keith opened his mouth to say something to the pack of Heatmor-

COME TO ME, IF YOU DARE.

There it was, that booming voice again. This time, however, it sounded not in Keith's head, but throughout the cave. Meowth tensed up upon hearing it, and Keith couldn't blame him, really. And then, a rumbling sound could be heard. Now Keith tensed up, and as he turned to face the source of the rumbling, he could see two holes opening up on a nearby wall- a pair of tunnels had opened up, and there was no knowing where either of them led. The hole on the left flickered ominously with embers, while the hole on the right emitted some sort of yellow smoke.

"...Well," Keith said, breaking the nervous silence. "Let's do this. Meowth, you ready?"

"As I'll ever be," the Scratch Cat Pokémon replied. His voice shook with nervousness, but his face was determined.

"Vernon, I think you've more than deserved a break, you were amazing back there," Keith added, turning to his Tauros. "Take a rest," he said, holding out the Poké Ball.

"So, uh, wh-which way we goin, anyways?" Meowth asked, once Vernon was back in his ball.

For a moment, Keith did not respond, looking back and forth between the two tunnels. Neither of them seemed particularly welcoming, though it was hard to say which of them looked less dangerous. In the end, he reasoned that the tunnel with the flickering embers might be their better bet, though exactly what his reasoning was, he could not say. It was more than a guess than anything else, if he was being completely honest with himself, but it's not like any better ways of deciding were occurring to him. Slowly, he stepped toward the left tunnel. Meowth, meanwhile, decided to try and distract himself from his nervousness by attempting to Cut the Iapapa Berry into fifths, as Keith had asked of him. As he had said, of course, he couldn't guarantee the pieces would all be the exact same size, but he didn't want the Heatmor to starve any more than Keith did, so he was willing to make the effort.

Glacier Island

Boreal Wastelands

Treepandaone: Daryl looks on with a furious expression as you hand your Pokeballs over to Jacob with little hesitation. The fact that he doesn't openly object seems indicate Jacob has more pull than Daryl and that, luckily for you, what the former says go. You get the feeling that, if it was Daryl's call, you'd probably be left to die outside the encampment.

- Thank you for your trust Matthew. We'll keep them safe. Now come on, we have to hurry and put them in quarantine!

Jacob approached the front gate, followed by Daryl, and both men took their helmets off - you only now realize you never got to see their faces before. Jacob has short light brown hair and looks to be in his mid-thirties, clean shaven and with green eyes. Daryl, the taller of the two, looks slightly older, although it may be so due to his thick pitch-black beard and shoulder-length black hair; his eyes are light blue in stark contrast with his remaining facial features, and he's all in all an imposing figure. Again, thank Arceus he doesn't seem to be in charge.

Jacob knocks on the metal gate and shouts to the man on the other side. For such a renowned research facility, you'd expect them to have a less archaic method of answering the door...

The gate opens at the sound of Jacob's voice and he motions for you to join them. As you set foot inside the camp, you're met with the curious (and not-so-friendly) gazes of several people inside... Jacob whispers something to the scrawny man that opened the gate and he immediately takes off running towards a nearby building. Daryl doesn't linger and instead walks into a tent in the distance without a word, leaving you alone with Jacob.

- I gave the order to prepare the isolation room. Like I said, if we keep them warm it usually slows down the infection, but I can't guarantee results... Electricity is in short supply and if we reroute too much power to the heating room we risk a blackout, something we can't afford. But I'm sure Psyduck will be fine!

He tries to cheer you up, but it's evident he's being cautious. You wonder what their actual success rate is, but if it's all you have to go on, there's nothing else you can do other than having faith...

- Try to get some rest. I won't lie: you're one of the very few capable battlers we have in camp right now, and I'm inclined to ask for your assistance with some things while Psyduck heals. We're lacking supplies but each hunting trip is a dance with death out there, only a couple of us can hold our onw against Shards. If you could join us tomorrow I'm sure it'd be a huge help... Please think it over while you recover.

He points to a building to your far left and enumerates each facility in the encampment from left to right of your field of vision.

- That first building over there is the dormitory, you might want to head there and get some sleep. Next to it is the medical wing for our survivors, then the Pokemon Center where the quarantine room was built, and next to that is the canteen. The large green tent in the middle, where Daryl went, is a makeshift base of operations where we run the camp and discuss most pressing matters. To its right is the only research unit we haven't dismantled; we have a handful of coworkers studying the Shards, and there's a reinforced annex behind it that is off-limits to almost everyone in camp where we keep a couple of live specimens for their research... working on living Shards is the only way for them to find a definite cure, so I can't deny them that, as much as it troubles me.

He puts a hand on your shoulder and nods with determination.

- I'll drop your Pokemon over at the center to start treatment and then there are some things I have to go over in the research unit, so feel free to turn in for the day. Please think over my request, it'd be great to count on you tomorrow. And have faith, everything will be fine!

Jacob leaves for the Pokemon Center and you find yourself alone once more, under many inquisitive and indiscreet glares. Where you go now is your choice, although it's getting rather late and most people are returning to the dormitory. Jacob didn't mention any curfew, but you do feel exhausted, not to mention hungry...

What do you do?
    Matthew felt nervousness and fear as he finally let go of the Pokéball into Jacob's outstretched hand, the decision to release his Pokémon into the scientist's care in hopes of curing it of becoming whatever monstrosities those shards where was almost certainly the right one, but it was the first time he'd ever have to hand over responsibility of his Pokémon.

It wasn't Matthew's first time without them before, sure, but it was under different circumstances. Depositing his companions in shops, Poke Centers, the PC system and even his adventure in Lyanazia safari park was covered by the assurances of the Fizzy Bubbles government. Survivors who holed up in the Hiel Research base could offer no such promises, however, and Matthew was wary abut sketchy behaviour that was often associated with similar instances; betrayal, power hungriness, bitterness, insanity.

In reality, it was his only choice and Matthew let go of the sphere with hopes and wishes of full recovery, unperturbed by the sight of Daryl's glaring glances from the corner of his eye. Theories of leadership and a hierarchy crossed the trainer's mind at the driver's lack of fight to keep him out. Daryl's objections were well-documented, but his lack of pull had saved Matthew's chances of getting a safe place to stay, at now at least, and perhaps the life of his Pokémon. For that, he was extremely thankful to Jacob.

“Thank you for your trust Matthew. We'll keep them safe. Now come on, we have to hurry and put them in quarantine!”

Matthew gave a weak smile at the statement as he pondered on its sincerity. To him, the trust was all laden on Jacob, he had merely spoke up about owning an infected when he could've remained quiet compared to the heralded leader who saved him from battle, attempted recovery on Psyduck's injury and offered the trainer a place to stay.

Scooting from the back of the vehicle and back onto the snowy canvas Matthew begun his approach of the base, following the lead of the two Hiel “natives” as they took off their helmets for the first time. Their appearance, much like anything, didn't fit the mental image the Pokémon trainer had been holding of them, his limited experience from voice and action alone far different from the facial aesthetics they had. He equated it to reading a book then seeing the characters represented on television or film. Imagination develops character in an instant, a conversation alone, but once you've seen that person the perception is destroyed. Daniel Radcliffe will always be Harry Potter, Peter Dinklage always Tyrion.

Jacob knocked on the looming metal gate before shouting to the presumed man on the other side, the archaic method of opening doors was one that Matthew wouldn't expect a research base to have but it was one he could believe. Communication amongst animals where instinctively unique, so much so that no mechanical device has yet been created to translate Dolphin, Whale or Pokéspeak; we as a race can send out similar signals and potentially get replies, but we merely rebroadcast words. For the same system to be used for guarding settlements, Matthew would assume there had yet to be a Terminator-esque Shard who could transform body and speech. He shuddered as the image as the gate swung open.

Following Jacob's advancements, Matthew walked into the camp to find the majority of people in the vicinity staring at him with negative looks, those of curious or unwelcoming natures, but he could understand. This was their Bastogne and he was Webster, the fresh-faced wanderer who had left peace to find hell; attempting to integrate through anger at the experiences that had made them weary and closed-off. Daryl bolted for a nearby tent while Jacob conversed with another survivor, leaving Matthew to begin to search the skies before turning his attention to the the fortifications. He examined them with a curiosity for safety reasons, if he was to stay and repay his debt it would be in his best interest to point out, and perhaps fix, any gaping holes in the defense, returning back to Jacob and Daryl's conversation about losing men to fortify the area and shut the gates.

“I gave the order to prepare the isolation room. Like I said, if we keep them warm it usually slows down the infection, but I can't guarantee results... Electricity is in short supply and if we reroute too much power to the heating room we risk a blackout, something we can't afford. But I'm sure Psyduck will be fine!”

Jacob's sentence confirmed the other reason Matthew wasn't surprised of the rudimentary entrance procedure; a lack of power. Small generators couldn't power significant defense mechanisms of laser-targeted aim-bots, not that a research facility is expected to have such high-powered weaponry, but if they did and the roles were reversed, Matthew would've dismantled to save power a long time ago. The trainer also wished he could've helped on that front, but a lack of electric Pokémon on his team, and during any significant time on his team's history for that matter, left him with only a few Pokémon with electric moves, and even those were in short supply.

“Try to get some rest. I won't lie: you're one of the very few capable battlers we have in camp right now, and I'm inclined to ask for your assistance with some things while Psyduck heals. We're lacking supplies but each hunting trip is a dance with death out there, only a couple of us can hold our own against Shards. If you could join us tomorrow I'm sure it'd be a huge help... Please think it over while you recover.”

Matthew nodded as Jacob asked him to consider his proposition, but he quickly held his hand up, confirming his attendance

“I don't need the night to think Jacob. I'll join your hunting party, it's the least I can do for trying with Psyduck's and shelter here at the base.”

Matthew smiled as he waved Jacob to finish his speech before being shown the grounds, and relevant buildings, only frowning when the subject of live test subjects came up. Jacob too shared his concerns, but seemed to agree with the process that Matthew wasn't so sure on. Though he was never a scientific mind, the tropes from The Living Dead series was more than enough to put morals in a state of turmoil, though wondrous advancements in the field of science had come from testing. If this plague was to spread, the extinction of the human race could be followed soon after, and maybe the danger was worth a cure, or extermination device.

“I'll drop your Pokemon over at the center to start treatment and then there are some things I have to go over in the research unit, so feel free to turn in for the day. Please think over my request, it'd be great to count on you tomorrow. And have faith, everything will be fine!”

Faith was a powerful thing, but the veteran trainer wasn't sure it could help in this situation. As Jacob left him alone, Matthew's stomach begun to rumble and his eyes begin to droop. Trying to remember which buildings were which, he contemplated on his next move.

The adventure thus far had taken a toll on him, and while he was hungry he questioned if he would even be served. After all he was new here, and if the survivors were lacking in food as they were power he would be hard pressed to take upon arrival, not to mention the fact most around him were turning in for the night. On the other hand, Jacob was still up running errands and he didn't know how much time he would get to eat in the morning before heading out to hunt.

The canteen it is he thought to himself...

Deadly stare. Electric Blue Eye's Avatar

Brine Island

Salin City

Electric Blue Eye: You remember the rules of the Tournament: Gym Leaders aren't allowed to switch out their Pokemon, but the challenger is, and you intend to make the most of it. Quagsire may have sealed most of Diego's options, but you've already laid the foundations for your next partner to take center stage - recalling the Jellicent, you send out your Snivy, who is now capable of fighting on equal footing with Sean's Water-Types on the frozen arena.

When Chris materializes, Sean nods in acknowledgement, understanding that the tables have turned - Quagsire's greatest weakness is Grass, and it seems he half-expected you to send out such a Pokemon. His expression says he knows he's in for a challenge, but he doesn't seem particularly concerned; all in all, Sean's a difficult man to read.

You realize the importance of keeping up the pressure, lest Chris is trapped by Encore or Yawn like Diego was - you can't afford to have your trump card be locked like that, so your only option is to give Quagsire no breathing room.

You choose to start off with an undodgeable move; Magical Leaf seems like a good choice, the many projectiles certain to keep Quagsire occupied. The Snivy spins around in place, releasing several glowing leaves into the air, which quickly converge and fly toward the opponent like a rainbow waterfall. Sean is quick to act, realizing that evading the maneuver is impossible.

- Stop the leaves with Icy Wind!

A freezing gale suddenly starts blowing, millions of ice particles flowing in the wind; the strong air current meets Chris's attack and you can only watch as the leaves freeze over and harmlessly fall to the ground like crystal decorations...
    However, your partner immediately follows up by locking eyes with the foe, Glaring at it with a mesmerizing gaze. Quagsire, in all its adorable dopiness, is far from scared, but for some reason is fascinated by Snivy's stare, finding itself unable to do anything but stare back... that's when Chris takes his opening: gliding at high speed right toward the opponent while its tail glows green, the grass snake slashes Quagsire's torso with his Leaf Blade scoring a direct hit! The amphibian stumbles back in great pain - Amnesia was useless against contact moves, and the move was highly effective! The crowd erupts at the turn of events, ecstatic to see the underdog bring the fight to the Gym Leader!

Sean smiles once again, admired by your display of skill.

- Quagsire, counter with Ice Punch now that he's in range!

The Water-Type is quick to obey and exact revenge; it's not exactly mad, but definitely mildly annoyed at Snivy's aggressiveness, almost moderately upset. It raises an ice-cold fist and slams it down on Snivy who is still struggling to stop slipping on the tricky floor. The move sends the much smaller Pokemon flying back, but Chris quickly gets back up indicating it still has some fight left in him, despite his weakness to Ice moves. If anything, his Leaf Blade hit harder than Quagsire's punch, so you're in the lead!

- Well done Ethan. But I can't let you go first all the time! You're putting on quite a show, let's see if you can keep up. Quagsire, Recover from the hit and whip up aBlizzard to put the Snivy away! If it gets close, another Ice Punch might change his mind.
    stats

Chris rushed into battle doing everything that Ethan had instructed him to do, That longing look to be accepted, Ethan had seen it ever since he was a boy...When did you get that? That drive to show me that you are a star, don’t you remember when I was 8, not even a year had passed since the incident that someone had invaded our home and stolen my beloved Eevee that you were given to me to raise as my partner. I know I was only a child, but yet I neglected you and refused to play with you, because I was afraid to get close...afraid someone would eventually come and take you away from me too. But I was a famous trainer’s son, it was expected of me to raise Pokémon ever since I was a toddler learning to crawl, so what did I do? I ran away from the pressure of it all. I ran as far as route 15 where I lost myself in a maze and cried for someone to save me, I felt sad and alone...I heard rustling in the grass, hoping it was my dad, but instead found a wild Nidorino more scared of me then I was of it, it rose its claw at me, and I thought it was the end. But then you showed up, using your vines, you saved me in the nick of time and pulled me in to safety, we ran together until we met a dead end, we were trapped but you stood in front of me. Wanting to protect me, I had ignored you and yet you still wanted me as a trainer, I stood with my feet firmly on the ground and ordered you to attack...we barely made it by the skin of our teeth, ever since then you have listened, even after I lost my way and became incredible selfish...you just stood by me...you don’t need to keep trying to get my attention. You already have it.

The match continued with the Chris coming out in the lead, he's Magical Leaf may have been stopped cold by a cleverly met Icy Wind but he had still successfully paralyzed the foe and managed to hit a critical blow on his opponent, "Great job Chris," Ethan applauded, "You've got them just where we want them. Now while he recovers, use Synthesis to replenish any health you may have lost from that Ice Punch you received earlier, Protect yourself from that Blizzard and strike back with a Vine Whip." Ethan knew Blizzard might have been a long shot of a move for Quagsire, strong as it was; there was no denying its accuracy level was quite low but with his Snivy barely able to maneuver around the icy floor, there was no point risking it would miss.

Even so, it seemed that Sean wasn't a man that liked to waste a turn, of course maybe that was just Ethan over analyzing the situation again, but everything was as if it was perfectly planned out for a reason. Ethan smiled, "I guess once a teacher always a teacher isn't that right Sean? You may not be doing it on purpose but it seems to me your testing my patience." He laughed. "I can't wait to see my Snivy wipe the floor with your Quagsire though; I wonder what other Pokémon you got ready for me." He said cocky, hoping to get his opponent riled up.

The way that we live Perap's Pearl's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lily Island

The Silver Forest

Pearl’s Perap: ((Welcome to the team, hope you have a great time! ^^))

It's been quite a while since you went on an adventure. You're no rookie, having explored many different locations over the course of your journey across Fizzy Bubbles spanning several years of travelling. You've seen and experienced a lot, and after a prolonged period of rest, your adventurer spirit has grown restless again.

You choose Cascadia, and the legendary Silver Forest, as your final destination - a place widely known for its unique plant life, and considered by many one of the seven wonders of Fizzy Bubbles. But unlike many others who have ventured there, you don't do so by sea, but rather by air, courtesy of your long-time partner Tim, the Shiny Pidgeot.

Your partner has been carrying you across the skies of Fizzy Bubbles for quite a while now, and he's flying noticeably slower than when you left off, even though his sheer strength allows it to keep a steady altitude. You've seen some of the most incredible sights in the land during this trip, the (almost literal) bird's eye view providing a spectacle few are fortunate enough to witness - after all, not everyone is capable of raising a Flying-Type to such a degree as to allow this method of travel for very long, so in a way, you've earned it.

You passed over Aduro Island, with the eponymous volcano as imposing as always, perpetually fuming and leaking red-hot lava. You flew right above the dreaded Venom Island and its ill-reputed Bane Forest, and laid eyes on the beautiful Crater Island and its world-famous beaches. And now that Tim has reached the next island, one that looks half-green and half-silver from the sky, you know you're right where you want to be. Until...

A loud choir of war cries fills the air around you, and you watch in awe as six huge red and blue birds, as big as your own, emerge from the silver foliage to the west and surround you and Tim. All six flap their wings simultaneously and release a flurry of wind blades on sight, a practically choreographed assault that
    almost definitely has been praticed before, and try as he may there's no way the tired Tim can dodge them all. Several Air Slashes slice away at the Pidgeot's wings and torso, and one of them grazes your left shoulder leaving behind a painful cut, though luckily not deep. Unfortunately, the same can't be said for Tim's injuries, and it isn't long before he's overwhelmed by the onslaught... he finds himself unable to support your weight any longer, and before you know it you're both free-falling toward the forest below!

---

Everything is fuzzy for a while; your eyes have trouble focusing, and even after they do you're unsure of where you are. Everything is a mix of green, silver and light brown... your left knee hurts like hell, so much so that you forget about your shoulder. After a while you finally begin to make sense of your surroundings: the green and silver are leaves from trees that spread as far as the eye can see; the light brown are feathers from the pair of wings that cradle you... Tim!!

Startled, you spring to your feet, only to stumble as your left knee gives out. You turn to face your partner and watch in shock as your trusty Pidgeot lies mangled on the floor, its body covered in open wounds, tainted red from the blood. One of the wings is positioned awkwardly, suggesting it might be fractured, but (for better or worse) Tim remains conscious, though short of breath. You finally piece everything together and realize that Tim must have enveloped in his wings as you both crashed, shielding you from the branches and the rocky surface of the forest ground at the expense of his own well being. Whereas your only scars from the Braviary assault are a grazed shoulder and a banged-up knee, your partner had it much, much worse...

You limp over to your fallen friend in concern. You're stranded in the middle of nowhere, and someone definitely doesn't seem to want you here... you can't linger much longer! But where do you go from here?...

Looking up to the sky between the foliage, you can make out six dark-blue speckles moving to your left - if those are the Braviary who attacked you they must've given up the search and are probably returning from wherever they came, at least giving you a faint sense of direction. The way they attacked in such coordinated fashion suggests human involvement, maybe there's some sort of settlement nearby...
    A gentle breeze then starts to blow from the direction opposite that of Braviary's destination, carrying fallen leaves with it. Most of them are the famed silver leaves that put this forest on the map, but for some reason, several others are a totally different color... pitch-black.

You pick up a handful of these leaves that the wind kicked up: you keep 3x Silver Leaf and inspect the fourth, black one... it's not burned, but instead the entire leaf seems to have been drained of color somehow...

With Tim seriously injured and no way to be certain of your current location, where do you go? Do you follow the flock of Braviary to the west in hopes of finding people? Or do you go east, the way these black leaves seem to be coming from?
    Profile linkage. Thanks for taking me aboard, man, this update has already got me itching for more! ^^

"This archipelago is gorgeous, I must say I would really love to settle on any of these islands. Lily Island isn't too far now, though, right?" Zak gave the Pidgeot beneath him a reassuring pat. If Tim was tiring, he showed very little of it. He was handling himself in the skies as adeptly as he always had and it meant for a most comfortable way to get a bird's eye view of the entire island chain.

"I wish I could fly, I don't think I'd ever want to come down..." The trainer spoke aloud, he wasn't sure if Tim would have even been listening, he seemed to lose himself in the flight just as his trainer longed to do. This made Zak smile, he had raised the Pidgeot from his very first egg and had always felt the biggest connection with him. The skies had always been such a safe place for Zak when he and Tim became one. As close to flying as he would ever truly get. Nothing had ever stood in their way before, neither of the pair had let it come to that.

This time was much different. In his entire time training Pokémon, he had never come under such an aerial attack, having seldom encountered any airborne threats. Regaining himself as best as he could given the severity of the assault, Zak managed to get a glimpse at the attackers. He knew the type of Pokémon responsible rather well, he had aspired to one day train a Braviary of his own. He would never dream of using his team mates and friends in such a way, especially as noble a monster as Braviary. There was no time to think and no time to plan a retaliation, the attack had left what looked to him like a gash in his arm and Zak began to panic before realising there was no time even for that. Tim had began to lose his ability to fly properly, let alone get in an attack of his own. The only way was down now and all the young man could do was to try and bury himself as deep in the huge bird's feathers as he possibly could. It was no use though, with his grip slipping from Pidgeot, it wasn't long before he lost a hold on his friend and the two continued to hurtle separately towards the trees.

Please Arceus, I beg thee, make this one hell of a soft landing

Through his fuzziness, Zak could just make out what he assumed was the forest around him. A combination of greens, browns and silvers surrounded him at every angle. That had been another prayer ignored and he pulled himself into a seated position. As the forest was becoming clearer around the young man, he turned to his shoulder to examine the damage. It didn't appear to still be bleeding, that was a good sign, but the fall had left him aching all over. Pushing through it would be fairly easy, he was fairly robust and always tried to be quick to bounce back. He didn't want Tim to find him in a bedraggled heap, he would have got a good laugh out of that.

"Hey Tim, you alright buddy?" Zak had expected the bird to have landed nearby and regained himself too. It wasn't until he truly looked at his surroundings that he noticed the mangled form before him. The injuries his Pokémon had sustained were far worse than the ones he himself had taken. If he could not see that the bird was breathing, he could have been dead. This horrified Zak, he had never seen his friend in such a way and he was lost for words. All he could do was nestle alongside his friend, try and straighten out his wing and reassure him that all would be well. Who would pull something like this? It would surely take the worst of people to execute such an attack. Unless it was an all out assault from a fellow avian aficionado? Such a thought was almost worse.

"I have a Super Potion (2/5) here, that should take the edge off of the pain. Then it's time to rest up in your Pokéball until we can get you a full check-up." Zak smiled as best he could at the Pokémon before him, not knowing if he could even tell what was going on around him. It would be the safest option for everyone right now, Tim would not be able to defend himself or Zak if anything else was to attack and there was other Pokémon the two could depend on to help out in a fight.

With medicine administered and a long rest imminent for Tim, Zak returned the sphere to his belt. He had always planned to let Tim rest once they arrived, but now he needed more than just that and that had left his trainer with a worry niggling in his mind. That would not do, though, not here. Zak was effectively in the middle of nowhere, even with his strongest ally out for the count, he knew he could not give up. It was time to get a feel for the surroundings, there could be clues that would lead him to knowing more about the people behind the attack. Though he did not have the fire power to go at them all guns blazing, he certainly wasn't going to creep away and let them get away with harming Tim, let alone himself.

In the sky, the Braviary appeared as red and blue specks. They were long gone, but would not doubt lead to their masters. Zak tried to imagine what these trainers would look like, what they would be planning. Though he didn't want to follow them, he did not want to fall fowl to any other sneak attacks. A pleasing breeze begins to blow through the forest in the opposite direction, bringing with it a flurry of fallen silver leaves. They looked almost skeletal with their white and silver veins, like they belonged to some wizened old hag of a tree. They're oddly pretty Zak thought as he slid three into his back pocket. That was when he noticed the black leaf.

"This is odd..." the young man murmured to himself, turning the new discovery over in his palms several times. At first he had thought it was a feather but it was definitely a leaf. It clearly wasn't burned either, these leaves were fragile enough as it was and fire would have just caused them to disintegrate well and truly. This leaf appeared to be drained of all its colouration and had looked somewhat ominous sad amongst its strangely beautiful silver counterparts. It was then that he noticed the black leaf was not alone, it had brothers speckling the leaves of the surrounding area. Wherever they were coming from, the breeze had been bringing them to here and Zak was intrigued to say the least. He knew he could not begin his investigation blind and had just the candidate to help him out. With a tap on the right disengagement button on a Leaf Ball at his waist, his helping hand appeared on the grass before him.

"Leeeeaf." The Verdant Pokémon yawned and stretched herself out. Zak knew she loved being immersed in the forest as much as he did, not to mention she had a much better sense of smell than her trainer. Having realised she was steeped in greenery, the Leafeon begins to pad around the clearing, taking in the sights and smells of the forest around her.

"Bette, check this leaf out. Isn't it weird?" The trainer had knelt down to offer one of the black leaves to his Leafeon for inspection, "You up for helping me to investigate what is causing this blackness?" At this point, he did not want to alarm his young Eeveelution and inform her of the attack he had just undergone. She was naive enough to completely miss the fact he was injured, nodding furiously at the idea of exploring in her favourite kind of domain.

"That's settled, then, let's follow the black leaves and see where they lead us to..."

Brine Island

Salin City

sweetbbydoll: Despite wanting nothing more than to reunite with your dear Ethan, who was doing really well on his tournament debut, the man's pleas get to you. You can't ignore his issue, especially since it's something you feel you can actually do something about!

The elder's smile widens once again, genuinely surprised that you would refuse the ticket in favor of helping him out. Judging by his immediate reaction, you can't help but wonder how many times he's been turned down before...

- Oh-oh my, are you sure? I really didn't want to trouble you dear... but if you really would like to help, it'd mean the world to me! My name's Oscar. If it's not too much to ask, could you please follow me? We live practically next door to the Pokemon Center...

You watch as old man Oscar hurries outside, as if time had suddenly reversed and he was a youngster once again. You follow him outside and toward a nearby house, a simple-looking one-story building, walls painted pale yellow, with a small garden by the entrance and a considerably larger yard in the back with a pond and a rusty slide.

- I built that garden from the ground up... - said Oscar with a sad voice - Dana and I had planned to start a Daycare Center when we settled down from all the traveling, but then she lost her passion for Pokemon and it never really went anywhere... Maybe one day, right?

He tries to sound cheerful but he's clearly overwhelmed by an almost palpable sense of hopelessness, as if sure they'll be dead long before his wife agrees to resume their plans. He opens the front door and invites you in, then asks you to wait in the hall.

- I'll be right back dear!

He disappears down a flight of stairs to your right and you find yourself alone for a moment. Looking around the house, it's obvious the elder couple has been living here for a long time. The furniture has a classic, almost vintage feel to it, made of dark, solid-looking wood you assume could be mahogany. Several tomes and and small vases line the shelves of a tall bookcase, neatly arranged but dusty all over. In fact, the carpet you're standing on, despite presenting an elegant combination of brown and beige designs, clearly hasn't been vacuumed in a long time... A shame really, as the entry hall is otherwise tastefully decorated.

Oscar reappears carrying something colorful in his right hand, smiling but gasping for air after climbing the stairs back up.

- Sorry for the delay, took me a while to find these... Here, pick one, maybe it'll help Dana remember the good old times if she sees it...

He holds out his hand and shows you four dusty, worn-looking pieces of cloth, each with a different color - you recognize them as being Blue, Green, Yellow and Pink Scarves, and it seems Oscar wants you to have one.

- It's alright, you can keep it. Think of it as my way of thanking you for coming all this way... It's really all I have to offer, I'm afraid.

After you've made your choice, Oscar takes you by the hand and guides down the hall all the way to the door on the far end. Pictures of a once-young couple line the walls, and it's curious to note that the portraits have been meticulously cleaned, as opposed to just about everything else. You reach a heartwarming conclusion - even though Dana seems to lack motivation to do many things (perhaps explaining why house cleaning has been neglected), the elderly couple still goes to the trouble of preserving these memories.

- She's in the living room by the couch. Come on in and I'll introduce you!

The two of you enter the large division, also classically decorated with antique furniture. An elaborate glass chandelier hangs from the roof and there are two old-looking couches in the center of the room, facing a small TV set you notice is turned off. An old lady is sitting on one of the couches, donning a white sleeveless dress that must have been gorgeous when it was new... some forty years ago. The woman is facing a nearby window, gazing outside with a vacant expression, and doesn't notice you until Oscar speaks up.

- Dear, I'm back! And look, I brought someone along! Her name is Liza, she's a girl who came to Salin just recently and guess what... she loves Contests just as much as you do!

The elderly lady remains silent for what feels like hours and finally responds in a cold, distant voice without so much as shifting her head.

- Contests are dead. You're wasting your youth. Please leave.

An awkward, deafening silence fills the room...
    What do you do?
    It was heartbreaking to see how life was so fleeting, how a single moment could change life for the better or worse...To have made plans to retire happily by running a Daycare when everything was said and done get pushed so far back…it made Liza think of her future with Ethan.

What if they ever felt like this women did? They had always talked about after adventuring they’d settle down in a cottage somewhere and start a family together but if something like this would happen to them…Liza just shook her head...she couldn't allow herself to think that way.

She was always the strong headed one from the pair, she refused to feel so gloom, opting to pick herself out of bed whenever a feeling of helplessness or hopelessness would try it's best to retrain her. She never let Ethan feel like he was alone in the world, and always made sure he mattered. Together or not she always remembered the good times, laughing, smiling and enjoying life.

But…how can you help someone when they don’t want to be helped. How can you possibly save someone from feeling so hallow, when the thing you loved more than anything is simply dead to you. It was agonizing to watch this women’s husband go into such incredible lengths only to be shot down repeatedly. Liza was sure she wasn’t the only one he had invited to help convince his wife to get off of that couch and persuade her to continue living her dream.

Depression was a nasty thing, evil and at most, a lethal and silent killer. Talking didn’t seem like it’d do any good. Liza was sure Oscar had already done his fair share of that. But maybe if Liza could show her…show her an appeal, it didn’t have to be perfect but at the very least capture her attention…maybe she would have chance.

But how was Liza going to get Dana to watch her performance, if the women didn’t even bother to look at her?

At first she didn’t know what to say, Liza didn’t know how far gone this women had gone down the rabbit hole, she held the Pink Scarf Oscar had so generously given to her earlier. She gripped her hand tightly around it as if it gave her some sort of strength, “Miss, Dana…” Liza spoke politely, softly, and confidently while choosing her words very carefully, “There’s honestly nothing I can say, that I’m sure your husband hasn’t said before. There’s no denying that I love contests, and though I have never competed in one, don’t understand how it must of felt when people simply stopped caring about them…but regardless if someone is there or not, that doesn’t change the fact I love them…I’m reminded of the old saying, 'If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?' well ma’am, I’m that tree…I don’t know if that makes sense, but I don’t need anyone to be there…because it’s what makes me happy…looking at your pictures on the counter I can see they once made you happy too.” Liza broke her straight gaze at the women who’s back was turned to her and looked at the old man next to her, I only got one shot at this. Please forgive me. giving him a sympathetic look before returning to look at Dana, “Just one appeal, that’s all I ask, you see my performance out there in your garden, and if I can’t convince you that contests are still alive and well in the hearts of trainers and Pokémon I’ll ask your wonderful husband to drop this once and for all. What do you got to lose?”

Liza stood with her bold declaration, a sweat droplet evident on the side of her face. What have I done… Liza thought before her Litiwick’s voice entered the trainer’s mind, No Mama, this had to be done, you needed to get her attention, this was the only way.

All Liza could do was see how Dana would respond. It was all up to fate to decide.

*Liza obtained a Pink Scarf!*

[Member’s Post]

OoC: Thank you! I finally have a complete set!

Aduro Island

Geyser Park

Mt. Aduro

Missingno. Master: Neither path presented to you seems safe; not that you'd expect them to be. The God of the Mountain is calling you out, taunting you to seek Him, but He likely prefers that you die along the way...

You choose the tunnel with flames over the one with yellow smoke. For no other reason than gut feeling, it seems like the right choice - or the lesser of two evils.
    Meowth decides to split the Iapapa Berry in equal parts, and presents a tiny fragment of the fruit to each Heatmor after Cutting it in five. The anteaters look at each other, nod and promptly devour what little is offered to them. With their Gluttonous predisposition, you can only wonder the suffering they've endured so far.

Kyle and Doduo look at you in disbelief as you head to the tunnel of your choice. Waving his arms about, the self-professed reporter lets his apprehension shine through once more, while Doduo runs circles around him in a frankly comical display of panic.

- Dude, come on! I know you're like this fearless ace Trainer and all, but you're choosing fire over smoke?! It looks literally ten times more dangerous! What if we run into a pack of Magmortar or something?!

The Heatmor group walks right behind you, thoroughly ignoring Keith's pleas. Then again, fire isn't one thing that would scare them. Left with no choice, the journalist sighs and follows everyone else.

The tunnel is narrow and perfectly round, as if carved on purpose for you to pass through. And it might have just been. The temperature is markedly higher inside, the air hot enough to the point where inhaling too deep becomes painful. Just as you're about to take the next step the Heatmor leader leaps in front of you, forcing you to stop... just in time to see a jet of flames spew from the left wall to the right, inches ahead of you!

- See?! I told you!!

On closer inspection, you notice several round holes on each side of the wall at regular intervals; five on the left and five on the right. Soon thereafter another fire stream shoots out from each of the holes, quickly subsiding, and again after a short while. A rhythmic release of flames that threatens to incinerate anything that doesn't make it across the tunnel quickly enough.

Meowth tugs at your leg and says he counts more or less 5 seconds between each burst, which you quickly confirm. How can a group of nine make it across the entire tunnel in five seconds?...

- Screw it, I ain't going through that! Sorry Keith, the other path is a better choice. If they both lead us to the one we're after, see you on the other side! Come on Doduo!

The bird is quick to obey, wanting nothing to do with this death trap, and they both backtrack to the other tunnel. You're now down to seven, some more tolerant to fire than others, but none of you made of flames... whoever gets caught by those fire blasts is not going to end up well.

Kyle and Doduo have made their choice. What about you?

Lily Island

The Silver Forest

Pearl’s Perap: Curiosity taking the best of you, you choose to follow the trail of black leaves to its origin with the help of your long-time partner Leafeon. Doing the best you can to ignore the pain in your leg, you watch as Bette merrily explores her surroundings and try to keep up with the Grass-Type.

The wind hasn't subsided, and countless silver leaves flow in the gentle breeze, in stark contrast with the occasional black speckles in the corner of your eye. It seems you're in the right direction, as more of these dark leaves fill the forest grounds as you progress...

Despite the earlier assault that almost claimed your life, the forest is now silent and peaceful. If anybody's come to track you down after knocking you off the sky, they're doing a great job at going unnoticed. The only sound you hear is that of dry leaves cracking beneath your feet and Bette's paws as you follow the trail... until a sudden rustling sound to your right makes you freeze in place.

For a while, nothing happens. No sign of movement, and for a brief moment you wonder if you're starting to hear things; it was one heck of a fall after all... But just then, two figures emerge from the foliage. Two very familiar figures, and yet...

Bette can't believe her eyes, and neither can you. Before you stand two other Leafeon, almost identical to your own, but their bodies are entirely gray... and their leaves black.

Before you can react, both creatures suddenly lunge themselves right at Bette, slamming into her with two Quick Attacks that knock your unsuspecting partner to the ground! They circle the downed Leafeon as she struggles back to her feet; they are expressionless, but their actions speak volumes... these two are hostile and Bette is in trouble!

What do you do?!

Crater Island

Iridi Beach

Pearl Lake

Brine Island

Salin City

Electric Blue Eye: Matching each other blow-for-blow, Quagsire and Snivy and putting up a great fight and the crowd's eating it up! Everyone's on the edge of their seats, cheering loudly for both competitors - the excitement of seeing a certified Gym Leader in action meets the eternal love of rooting for the underdog to create an atmosphere unlike anything you ever felt. Is this how competing in the Pokemon League feels like, you wonder?...

The remaining Gym Leaders watch in silence from the balcony, some clearly more enthusiastic than others, but none dare take their eyes off the match. Even the Champion himself looks on intently, expressionless but unblinking. If you got Gottfried's attention, you know you're doing exactly what was asked of you.

Both Pokemon take a minute to recover from their injuries; Quagsire's Recover and Chris's Synthesis washing over the respective user's body and easing their pain. Both moves take the same time to exert their effect, and when they're done neither Pokemon wastes time springing back into action.

Meanwhile, Sean smiles faintly as you taunt him.

- But you see, it's your job to overcome me! Defeating Quagsire is your obligation. Remember, Gym Leaders are stepping stones to a greater challenge; for years, that challenge has been Gottfried. Nobody faults a Leader for losing to a capable Trainer; you won't be the first nor the last to defeat me if you win today... but how will you live with yourself if I beat you on the very first match of the Tournament? The pressure is all on your shoulders Ethan... not mine.

The Water specialist is clearly trying to respond in kind, taunting you back with a remark that is true nonetheless: what will happen to your reputation if you fail on your first attempt?...

Quagsire raises its hands and the temperature suddenly drops all across the arena; ice crystals form out of the air moisture, materializing and gathering above the Water Type in a swirling sphere of frost. When the amphibian spreads its arms apart so does the orb, exploding into a storm of ice that encompasses the whole battlefield, a vicious Blizzard that causes several icy pillar to protrude from the already-frozen lake.
    Chris is quick to react and throws his tiny hands forward, creating an impenetrable shield of green energy; the winds rage all around the Grass-Type but nothing breaks the barrier, and when the storm subsides Chris remains unharmed. Finding his opening, the Snivy releases two vines from his neck straight at the opponent, who sees the move coming and tries to counter...

Ice energy gathering around its fist, Quagsire tries to punch away the incoming Vine Whip. It manages to block and partially freeze one of the grassy ropes, causing Chris to wince in pain, but the Water-Type isn't fast enough to dodge the second vine. It hits the opponent in the flank, causing it to partially lose its footing on the slippery surface of the frozen lake, and Chris is quick to pick up on the chance: he repeatedly whips Quagsire with both vines, without letting up, and only stops when the foe slips and lands on its back!

A deafening sound fills the arena for a minute, until...

- Quagsire is unable to battle!

Sean nods in quiet acknowledgment and recalls his partner, while your Snivy pants showing some signs of fatigue. Chris gains 1 Level!

The Gym Leader quickly makes his next choice, almost automatically after storing away Quagsire's Pokeball; it's as if he'd long decided who would be following the Ground-Type, as expected of Sean's analytic nature.

- Well done Ethan. Now, face the perfect foil to Quagsire's counters!

A new creature materializes from its Ball, but not on the ground. Spreading its wings wide, a Pelliper appears before you and Chris, and it's instantly obvious to you that it was a natural choice... Quagsire's greatest weakness is Grass, which can be easily dealt with by Pelliper; and in turn, Pelliper is extremely vulnerable to Electric Pokemon, which Quagsire has no trouble handling!

- Can you keep up your momentum? It's your move Ethan, show me you have what it takes to move on in this competition!

The crowd roars, overwhelmed by the excitement Sean's words carry. You know he's just playing a role, and is secretly concerned about the Plates just as you are, but when it comes to putting on a show this man can certainly deliver.

What do you do now?

sweetbbydoll: Dana looks at the Pink Scarf coldly, almost absent-mindedly, as you plead your case to her. When you finish, the same uncomfortable silence as before sets into the room, but something tells you the old woman isn't oblivious to what you said. Sure enough, after a while, she mutters in a faint voice, looking outside as she does.

- If you are indeed that tree... they'll just cut you down.

She gets up from her chair slowly, almost struggling, and walks over to the window. She addresses you again without turning to face you, as if you were simply a voice whose physical presence didn't matter at all.

- I suppose I can see the tree bloom one final time before it's fed to the fire. Go ahead if you please... it will change nothing.

Oscar's face lights up upon hearing his wife's words, gloom as they were; after all, she accepts watching your appeal! The old man heads for a door on the far wall and motions for you to join him. When you do, he whispers in your ear.

- She never leaves the house anymore, but she'll watch your performance through the window at least... Go on dear, please do your best! If there's a chance to bring Dana back to her old self, however fleeting that moment may be, it'll mean the world to me!

The garden is well-kept, the lawn is trimmed and you can only guess Oscar has been the one doing all the work. If there's any chance to brighten this man's day, you'll take it! You step outside into the sunlight, take a deep breath and look over to the window to find Dana staring blankly on the other side. This is it...

What do you do?

Ion Island

Storm Lake

Glacier Island

Boreal Wastelands

Treepandaone: Stomach rumbling, you decide getting some food is your top priority. It should be almost empty at this hour, but then even so, who's to say you'll get anything to eat?

The camp is almost empty by now, most people having returned to the dormitory already. The few that still haven't turned in for the night look at you with apprehension briefly before shifting their gaze, avoiding you as they go on with their lives. It's only natural that they've grown so weary; you wonder when was the last time they saw a stranger. Anything from the outside world instills fear in these people, mostly because the only things out there... are Shards.

You walk inside the makeshift canteen, previously a research lab like all the other buildings. Stripped of every beaker, vial and any pieces of tech, only barren tables and chairs remain in the main room. A large cooking pot fumes in the left corner, where a man absent-mindedly stirs the contents with a look of melancholy on his face. The place is dead silent, only a handful of people still present, eating without uttering a word. You approach the cook, who grunts something as he fills a plate with what you hope is soup and hands it to you nonchalantly.

A TV monitor has been set on the opposite corner of the room; it's turned on but there is no sound and the image flickers and vanishes constantly, making it practically unwatchable. From what you can tell, there's a tournament being held somewhere, a Quagsire and Snivy pitted against each other in heated battle to the crowd's delight. There are definitely merrier places to be right now than in this frozen nightmare...

As you expected, all of the remaining people have their eyes locked on you with suspicion written across their face. All but one.
    An old man with scraggly gray beard, probably in his seventies, is sitting by himself at one of the tables. He motions for you to join him while finishing his meal, and the way he looks at you seems at least less ominous as everyone else. You find yourself instinctively drawing closer to the old man, and even before you decide to sit down he holds out a moldy-looking loaf of bread.

- You look beat son. Go ahead, sit down. Got a name?

He coughs twice, takes a moment to catch his breath and addresses you again.

- Never seen your face before, and I know everyone in this Arceus-forsaken place. New faces have it rough 'round here, won't lie. Tell me ‘bout yourself; why'd Jacob bring you in?

He doesn't seem to mean any harm, but he said it himself: new people aren't welcome inside the camp and, other than Jacob, you have no idea who you can trust. Do you indulge the old man, or do you prefer to eat by yourself and head out?

Silver Ocean

Auronos Caverns

CyberBlastoise: Look here

Venom Isle

Bane Forest

Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast