Cascadia - Page 17

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Cascadia

Default Re: Cascadia

Quote Originally Posted by MarbleZone View Post
    Ion Island

Storm Lake

Myahoo: You’ve had just about enough of Cam’s speeches, that although predictable still hit home in unnerving fashion. You begin to wonder if he’s saying all those things just to spite you and make you lose focus, or just the opposite.

Whichever the reason, you realize you’ll have to pull out the big guns soon if you’re going to beat a fully evolved Ampharos who already has a distinct advantage so early on in the match. Wildfire is looking around, disoriented, desperately trying to sort out the mess in his head… but the soft sand seems so appealing, so inviting to bury his snout in again…

Cam’s Ampharos begins to charge up electricity, small blue sparks escaping its body, indicating a different kind of charge – it’s preparing to release Thunder Wave, and if it connects, the combination of paralysis and confusion will certainly prove too much to overcome.

As the opponent releases the blue jolt of electric current, you yell at your Cyndaquil to snap out of it and fight back with Heat Wave. The plea seems to make it through, as Wildfire inhales deeply and blows a wave of blazing-hot wind at Ampharos. The mass of heated-up air is strong enough to dispel the electric wave and travels all the way toward Ampharos, who can’t dodge it due to having begun charging up for Thunder already, scoring a direct hit on the Electric-Type for considerable damage!

Cam smiles at the outcome, but doesn’t issue any new commands. Ampharos resumes charging up for his strongest attack, the sand around its feet rising and floating as if magnetically-charged (which it likely is), signaling the immense electrical power building up inside your opponent…

You plan to carry on with your strategy, moving in at close range with Wild Charge, but the although the first order had been successful, the string of instructions proves too much for the confused Cyndaquil, who just can’t remember what he was supposed to do next. You watch in horror as Ampharos unleashes a massive Thunder that travels at frightening speed toward Wildfire, arching in the air before crashing down on your Pokemon, whipping up a large amount of sand around it.

As the dust settles, you look on worried sick, wondering what the attack might have done to your poor Cyndaquil… only to discover him hurt, but still hanging on just fine! How?...

Just then, you hear Cam laugh. Genuine laughter too, not the sarcastic type... You take a while to realize what’s going on, but when you do, a smile involuntarily forms on your lips as well. Wildfire’s snout is buried deep in the sand, and it acted as a ground! In his confusion, it seems he failed to resist the urge to play in the sand like earlier, and his long nose probably helped drive most of the current into the electrified sand, dispersing it and only somewhat hurting your Cyndaquil. And it seems Cam has loosened up a bit too, at least for the moment…

It was a lucky break, but it means you still have a fighting chance, especially when you realize Wildfire is looking at you expectantly, awaiting a new set of orders – he snapped out of confusion!

With this new opportunity to turn the tide in your favour, you have to think carefully about your next orders. The opponent has taken more damage overall, but both Pokemon are healthy enough to go on for a while longer. Ampharos has the size and power advantage, but you can seemingly use the terrain to your advantage and Wildfire might just have the edge in terms of speed…

What will you do now?
    Melissa felt a surge of triumph and relief when Wildfire was able to focus long enough to counter the Ampharos' Thunder Wave, breaking into a fierce grin as the attack hit the opponent hard. She began to feel a little nervous when Wildfire didn't move on to Charge Wildly at Cam's Ampharos and she winced as the Thunder came crashing down on her starter, unable to tear her gaze away as she strained to see how bad the damage would be. Surprisingly, Wildfire looked decent and Cam's laughter distracted her for a moment. Why was he-?

She smiled again, huffing out a laugh when she realized Wildfire had stuck his snout into the sand again, grounding him and dissipating most of the electricity. Her smile widened when Wildfire turned to her for instructions, apparently having been snapped out of his confusion. Alright, time to pull out the big stops.

"Let's start off by Digging underground," she told him, mind racing through her starter's moves, trying to decide which would be most useful against the Electric-type on the magnetized beach. "Then, let loose a Firestream and let him have some fun dealing with those bubbles. Then, we'll round things off with an Ember to the face." She hoped they could distract him long enough to get the upper hand, but she definitely wasn't going to bet on it. Especially after that first round; she'd certainly learned her lesson.

Newbie Extraordinaire Ex-Admiral Insane's Avatar

OoC: I know it's busy in Cascadia. Consider this a post in advance. Just pick me up at your leisure.
    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    CASCADIA

Venom Island
    Quite possibly the least attractive area of the entire island chain if you don't have a specific purpose, Venom Island is the epitome of all things putrid. The ground itself is saturated with poisonous substances. Also, all of the garbage from Salin City is transported here, but it is hardly noticed, as the acidic ground eats away at anything at a very quick pace. However, that means that not many things can live in this desolate area, with only a dead tree forest, a poisonous swamp, and a large skull tunnel interupting the landscape. The rest of the island is just plain dirt, but a good amount of poison types inhabit the area. The water surrounding the island is so poisonous that Pokemon cannot swim in it-therefore, unless it is a poison type, it cannot Surf to this area.
    Bane Forest - Bane Forest, apparently, used to be a prosperous forest, much like Lily Island's Silver Forest. However, as the poisonous ground was formed, the forest died from the inside out, the trees becoming poisoned, and dying. Some toxins in the poison stopped the trees from decaying, leaving them gray and hard as rock. A few rare Pokemon live in the area, but there is also legend that something valuable is hidden inside one of the trees...
    "Okay, this will be the last time I ask. Are you sure that this is where you want to go?" The captain of the ferry looked over his shoulder at the young man behind him.
    That young man was leaning against the railing, looking at an old map continuously. He looked up over the map at the captain. "Yes, I'm sure that this is where I want to go." The annoyance in his voice was evident.
    Ever since he had boarded the ferry and showed the captain which island to go to, he had done nothing but try to persuade Lucas to go somewhere else. To no avail. Lucas was set on boarding Lily Island. Specifically to see the trees that were covered in silver. "Can you imagine Rags?" He looked down at the pokémon that was beside him. Rags, his Ralts. A pokémon that was with him since he was young and now his fellow companion on his adventures.
    "Ruru." Rags looked up to Lucas. He was just as excited to see the colourful forest as his trainer was.
    "What's more. There's supposedly a rest stop somewhere in the forest to help trainers. We'd be safe."
    The captain looked over his shoulder again when he heard it, but he decided not to say anything. Less he anger the young trainer again. "Well, we've finally arrived." Lucas eagerly disembarked the ferry and set foot on the island. "Kid," the captain said pleadingly.
    Lucas looked back at the captain. "Yes, I'm sure," he answered back. The captain let out a sigh and said nothing more. Within seconds, the ferry was already on it's way. Surprisingly, no one else on board the ship got off on the island.

"Well Rags. We're here. The Silver Forest." He took a look at his surroundings. There was a forest al-right. The ground was quite distasteful though. Lucas and Rags both had expected the forest to look more lively, but even the dirt seemed colourless.
    They walked towards one of the trees. It was grey. Lucas placed his hand on the bark. "This colouring must be an effect from the silver. I had expected it to shine a bit more, but instead it looks... dead." He removed his hand from the bark. His hand was covered in small chips from the tree. Not like you'd expect from touching metal but, rather, wood or stone. He lifted his foot. He realized he was standing on some sort of soft ground and when he looked at his shoe, some sort of gooey substance was clinging to it from the ground. Lucas gave a distasteful look. Almost sticking his tongue out in disgust.
    He looked around for some leaves to wipe it off on. "There's something wrong here Rags." His face seemed a bit worried.
    "Ru." Rags gave a soft word of agreement. There weren't any leaves to be found in the area. At least not leaves that weren't decayed.

The trainer pulled out his map again. He had obtained it from an old man who was raving about Lily Island's Silver Forest. The map didn't show any names, but the old man had told him the names of all the island in the chain. "Aduro, Lily, Glacier, Crater, Ruin, Ion, Venom and Brine." He said them out loud, following his finger along each island. We should be here. He pointed to the second island in the chain. "Lily Island."
    "Ru," the Ralts exclaimed. He was pointing to the compass in the bottom-right.
    "What about it? It's a compass they put on maps to show the difference between north and south. He looked at it again and squinted his eyes. For some reason, the compass was pointing the south towards the top of the map instead of the usual bottom. "That's odd."
    Lucas' eyes widened. He turned the map around so it was upside-down. Or rather, so it was the right way-up. He followed his fingers along the island chain again. "Aduro, Lily, Glacier, Crater, Ruin, Ion, Venom, Brine." He spoke in a softer, disheartened tone. "And we're on this island." This time he pointed towards the seventh island. "Venom Island. This isn't the Silver Forest. It's Bane Forest!."
    "Ru-ral!" Rags showed the same shock as his trainer.
    "Come to think of it. I never told the captain we wanted to go to Lily Island. I just merely pointed at the map." He looked down at his pokémon fearfully. He saw that Rags wanted to say something, but he already stopped. "I know what you're wondering, but I didn't look at the ferry times. They most likely won't arrive to an island like this for a long time. The only way out is by flying or surfing and the water around here is poisonous. At that moment, he could swear a noxious gas bubble just popped in the sea behind him.

Both stared grimly towards the ocean. The ferry had already left and was now nothing more but a speck in the distance. The two of them sat down at the beach. If that's what you'd call it. To their mind, it was the cleanest part of the toxic ground. They were both silent for a while. Thinking about what to do in their dire situation.

A few minutes later
    Rags was still staring out in front of him. In front, there was an almost hazy purple sea. The occasional gas bubble floating to the surface before giving a faint pop. It even sounded poisonous. Behind him, he saw the same decayed woods again. Grey, withered trees and no bush, leaf or anything that resembled the colour green. His trainer wasn't much fun either the last few minutes. He was smoking a cigarette at the moment. A habit he did whenever he needed a moment to himself to think.
    Lucas had already discarded the map and was now toying with his Pokédex. Seeing if he could find anything that could help.
    "I got it." He didn't sound as excited as his usual self. His-self that makes mistakes like holding a map upside down. Instead, he sounded calm and pensive.
    "Ru?" Rags was mimicking his trainer's calm side. Silently, he was excited that his trainer might have found a solution.
    "Venom Island is an island filled with Poison-type Pokémon." He went quiet again and looked at his Psychic-type Pokémon to his right. He gave a small grin. "We should make the best of what we have. The point of our adventure after all is to grow stronger."
    Rags said nothing. He didn't like the plan as much, but he knew Lucas was right. Despite his trainer making mistakes and often being chaotic, he trusted him. He almost relied on him.

The pair of them stood up to head for the forest. Lucas was about to discard his cigarette in the dirt. Otherwise he might pollute the local environment or even set an accidental fire. He looked at the dead, rock-like forest that lay ahead of him and decided against it. Can't kill something that's already dead.
    With half his cigarette left, Lucas and Rags headed to the forest to find something, anything, to make their trip worthwhile.

I’m welcoming Emp to the group in this batch! Hope you enjoy your adventure, and let me know if there’s something you don’t like about my style so I can work on it.

Also, I've been unusually tired from work this past week and I'll admit - I skimmed while proofreading. If there are any grave grammar mistakes, or some sentences look awkward, let me know! I really don't like to half-ass things, but it's likely that I missed some stuff in this batch. Sorry if that's the case. :/

--------

Brine Island

Salin City

Arc_Angel & lilbluecorsola: The buzz around you dies down along with the flames, most curious bystanders already gone to carry on with their lives. The rain begins to let up as well, and slowly but steadily, the curtain closes on the horrific scene. You have no idea how many casualties there were, but if not for your quick thinking, that number could have been at least five people higher.

The police is still on-site, although their attitude toward you has changed considerably – several of them pass by and mutter an embarrassed “thanks”, “good job” or simply throw you a quick look of admiration before resuming their activities, now largely reduced to cataloguing evidence and rushing to deliver equipment from the nearby vans to the POLTs inside the building for their investigation.

Felicia’s father has begged for your forgiveness and offered to provide any explanation you may want, and life-threatening as it was, the events brought about by the girl’s less-than-healthy state of mind picked your curiosity. Stacey agrees to listen to the old man, half-heartedly joking about a towel to lighten the mood, but he seems to take it seriously.

- Absolutely, it should have been my foremost concern! I apologize for my lack of manners… please come to my house, you should be in dire need of a bath and shelter after what you went through because of my daughter… I won’t take no for an answer! And I promise to explain everything once you’ve made yourselves more comfortable.

The invitation catches you off-guard. Both of you have travelled enough to know better, to be wary of strangers no matter how harmless they may seem… but this old man seems genuinely invested in repaying you for the trouble Felicia caused, and you find the young woman staring at you with a warm smile – a radical change in posture, come to think of it, from the frightened and confused girl of mere moments ago.

- Daddy, we’re having visitors? It’s been forever since we’ve had anybody over!! Oh please, you must accept!

She walks over to you, holding Stacey’s hand and pulling gently, as if encouraging to come along, smiling all the while. Just like a little girl…

You look at one another, hesitating briefly. But it’s obvious that the only way you’ll be getting answers is by complying for now, and you really could use a warm bath and some towels… Nodding, you decide to accept the invitation. Somehow, it just doesn’t feel right to leave the man alone with his daughter in this state anyway…

The four of you walk slowly, mostly due to the man’s pace, but at least it’s a much-welcome moment of tranquility. All the while your eyes keep turning to Felicia, who still seems delighted with your company – as if the previous events never happened. She playfully talks to Dwemer and Kristen, remarking she had never seen a live Golett before and how the Snorunt looked positively adorable with her artist gear on. The father, meanwhile, won’t take his eyes off of Felicia either, a look of concern clearly visible in his face. You can only imagine what kind of torment it must be for him to endure her erratic behaviour every day…

It’s well past dusk by the time you arrive. The air feels chilly, all the more so while blowing on wet clothes and skin. Felicia’s father invites you inside, closing the door behind him as he asks you to make yourselves comfortable. The front door leads to the living room, it seems, with a door on the far wall leading to another division and a staircase to your right giving access to the second floor.

- Welcome to our home. The bathroom is on the second floor, first door to your right. Feel free to take your time, and if you need a change of clothes, Felicia may have something that fits you… I’ll get to work on supper in the meantime, if you’d care to join us. It’s the least I can offer after what we put you through, and we’ll be able to talk calmly over at dinner.

Felicia excuses herself and goes up the stairs to her own room. Her father heads to the kitchen, the division beyond the living room where you are now, leaving the two of you alone. You’re now free to discuss what to do next, or each of you can do as you prefer: take up the offer for a warm bath, dry clothes and a meal, go take a look around the house by yourselves, talk to either Felicia or the old man or simply leave altogether.

What do you do?
    As Stacey stood outside she began to notice that the large crowds had died down, most having left when the fire did and only a handful of policemen and women were clearing the scene now. Several of them nodded to the pair of trainers giving them an encouraging word as they passed. No longer were they're eyes accusatory or their demeanour hostile as word of their involvement and success in the building spread. Felicia's father seemed to take her comment about drying off very seriously apologizing for not thinking to offer such shelter sooner ... to be fair there were bigger things going on so as not to worry about Stacey's drenched state, it was self inflicted after all. He wouldn't even allow her to argue against the offer of a bath at their home and Stacey placed a thankful smile on her face still holding onto Jess with on had and Dwemer with the other. She had encountered a fair share of strangers in her travels and knew that even the most friendly of faces could conceal a troubled mind and nefarious plans beneath. He appeared genuine enough and she was cocky enough to think that she could take care of herself and Jess if need be. She turned to see Felicia staring at them with a warm smile on her face apparently excited at the thought of guests, looking at her you wouldn't have known the mental turmoil she had so loudly expressed not too long ago. She was desperate for them to come and pulled Stacey's hand free from Jess's and towards their house. Stacey looked behind them giving Jess a pleading look to follow her.

As they make the slow and long walk to their house Stacey found her gaze shifting back and forth between Felicia and her father. She appeared so jovial and carefree right now and was keen to ask about the two rare Pokemon along with the pair. Wraith kept his pace up to remain behind his trainer receiving some interesting looks from passers by, I mean how often do you see a fossil wandering along. Felicia was enamoured with Dwemer and comments that she had never seen a live one before. Stacey gave her a small smile as Dwemer stared up at the woman with an inquisitive look on his face allowing her to touch him and take in his unique form.

"Yes, Golett are rather rare. I was lucky to encounter a Pokemon Egg containing him on my travels, I was surprised myself to hatch him but he's been a loyal companion since." Dwemer looked at his trainer and almost looked pleased at her comments. Stacey flickered her gaze to Felicia's father as she cooed over Kristen and noticed how concerned he was about her condition. Although she was safe and well now he came close to losing her only an hour ago. It was obviously weighing heavy on his mind. By the time they reached the house it was getting dark and Stacey was starting to shiver now as the light breeze made her wet clothes cold, chilling her skin, she was never very good with the cold. She stopped and returned Wraith to his Pokeball thanking him for his protection but not trusting him to not destroy the house if she let him in. Felicia's father lets them inside and she is quite glad to out of the cold and into somewhere warmer. It was a modest home and they were soon lead into the living room with a door leading to possibly the kitchen and stairs that lead to the second floor.

- Welcome to our home. The bathroom is on the second floor, first door to your right. Feel free to take your time, and if you need a change of clothes, Felicia may have something that fits you… I’ll get to work on supper in the meantime, if you’d care to join us. It’s the least I can offer after what we put you through, and we’ll be able to talk calmly over at dinner.

"Thank you I think a bath would do me good right now. I do have a change of clothes with me since we were planning of staying in the City a while but thank you for the offer." She watches as he goes towards the kitchen and Felicia heads upstairs to her bedroom. Stacey turns to Jess wondering what was going through her mind, a lot had happened in such a short while. Adventures with Stacey were always eventful if nothing else. She saw that her gaze was fixed on where she last saw Felicia.

"I'm going to take that bath, why don't you see how Felicia's doing, I can tell you're wondering about her. I think we should be safe here but it's probably best that we keep our Pokemon with us at all times. I won't be long, a good hot meal after all that we've gone through will do us good then we can decide what to do next." Jess seemed to agree with this plan and Stacey walked up the stairs with Dwemer ahead of her found the bathroom.

"If you wouldn't mind waiting outside hon, you can make sure no-one tries to get in for me please," Dwemer nodded and as she entered closing the door behind her he took his place as guard and lookout whilst wondering all the while what a bath felt like. Stacey stripped out of her wet clothes quickly and wrapped herself in the towel as she ran the bath adding bubbles to it smiling as she realised it had been so long since she had last had a bath. Once it was ran she sat in its hot waters sighed as she felt instantly warmer and began to pull the small amount of toiletries out of her bag that she had brought with her. She wash quickly but was beginning to really enjoy the bath that she began to lose track of time. She opened her eyes to see that 20 minutes had passed and hoped that Jess was all right. She got out of the water draining the tub and began to dry off before looking down at her bag. The only other outfit she had brought with her had been meant for evening wear but she felt a little uncomfortable at the thought of being dressed like Felicia that she'd rather wear that. She pulled on the knee-length black dress with an indigo corseted back. She felt a little dressy now but it would have to do. She opened the door ajar slightly relieved to see Dwemer patiently waiting for her.

"You wouldn't be able to tie me up at the back hon, its easy enough just follow how the bottom starts." Dwemer entered the bathroom taking in the tiled walls and the bath ... it looked like a torture device but it obviously made his trainer feel better. He grabbed the silk ties and using his analytical mind managed to finish tying the back of her dress and Stacey thanked him profusely. She towel dried her hair and pulled on the black ankle boots she had been wearing and put everything back in her bag.

"Let's go and see how supper is coming along," she said as Dwemer led the way back downstairs Stacey pausing outside Felicia's room for a moment trying to reassure herself that Jess was a big girl and would be fine. They walked downstairs and went to find Felicia's father. Over supper they had a lot to discuss.
    FB Hellions: P.C:

Let yourself go, let the fear in you show, for we are all alone, till the cold force of death soaks us to the bone

PikaGod has requested to stop his adventure; in his place, I’m taking on Ex-Admiral Insane in my next batch (which is a good thing for me as well, since nobody else is currently adventuring on Venom Island ^^). Welcome aboard, hope you enjoy it!

Also, King Ghidorah, hen da man and takkupanda's adventures have been put on hold and resumed only when current adventures finish, meaning I have 3 new empty slots.

Aduro Island

Geyser Park

Hayward: Sometimes, you can't escape adventure. No matter how careful and thorough you try to be, destiny has a way of pulling you into situations you would rather have nothing to do with; this was one those situations.

Resigned to your fate, you gear up - fighting through the nagging pain -, prepare Urséo for what may come and decide to go after Terry and his parents. You open the room's door and step outside with determination.

The corridor is completely empty. Somehow, and judging by the deafening silence, it seems as if the entire ward is deserted! You wait around for a minute to see if you can spot anybody in the distance or hear any sound at all that might indicate the presence of life, but nothing comes and you can't waste your time like this. Clenching your fist and nodding to Urséo with confidence, you head to the nearby stairwell to reach the Pokemon Center on the floor below.

Each step is an exercise in willpower. Your legs seem to have forgotten how to walk during the brief period you were admitted in the hospital, and the simple bump of your foot meeting the step below sends a wave of pain coursing through your arm and shoulder, to the point where you have to stop and press your back against the wall every five steps or so. Your Teddiursa looks on worriedly, but powerless to help. How could he, a creature so small? But even after such a brief period of time together, the concern and affection Urséo nurtures for you is palpable, and you can tell he'd offer to carry you on his back if such a thing were remotely possible. Smiling back at him in reassurance, you muscle on toward whatever awaits you below.

After what seems like an eternity, you reach the ground floor access door. Swinging the handle gently, as silently as you can, you peek inside - it's definitely the Pokemon Center on the other side of the door! However...

The sight makes your heart heavy. It's nothing like any Pokemon Center you've seen before - there's nobody at the counter, and the area would be just as empty as the floor above if not for a handful of people ducked behind each row of chairs in the room. Some of them you don't recognize, but three in particular - clustered behind the row of chairs on the far end of the room - catch your eye: Terry and his family! But you can't just reach out to the, and take them away...

Several frog Pokemon, that you recognize as Croagunk, are patrolling the room - but no humans, contrary to what you expected; still, the directions they're facing now make it so that none is watching the door you're behind, not noticing that you opened it, which gives you some time to work out a plan of action - if any. The door to the left of the counter reads "Recovery Wing" above it, and you assume it's where Pokemon who have just been tended to at the counter go to rest up before being delivered to their owners. The door to the right reads "Emergency Room", no doubt where Pokemon in critical condition go instead of being placed on the healing machine at the counter - critical condition such as that of Skarméo, now that you think about it...

There's no telling who, if anyone, is behind each door - not without some more information. The current room layout is as follows:

Depending on what you want to do next, what's your plan going to be?

Aduron Chasm

takkupanda: Look here

Ruin Island

Amor Temple

Stark: Awaiting your edits to the latest reply.

Lily Island

The Silver Forest

hen da man: Look here

King Ghidorah: Look here

jolteonjak: You realize that outsmarting this team might be difficult – after all, they seem to read each other’s thoughts to the point where talking is no longer required! Thinking that maybe keeping your voice down will make it harder for them to counter your moves, you whisper your instructions to Cyndaquil.

The fire mouse immediately puts your instructions to use, running quickly around the field to minimize the odds of Excadrill hitting him from below. He dashes toward Baro, trying to spot the Dig hole as he goes, which proves fairly easy given Excadrill’s size. Rushing over to it, Cyndaquil shoots multiple golden stars down the tunnel, certain that the move will hit somewhere down there.

Just then, the ground shakes, and dangerously close to Cyndaquil emerges his opponent, barely missing him; the Swift attack, however, follows close behind, and scores a direct hit as soon as Excadrill sets his feet on the ground!
    Barely hurt given its typing however, the mole Pokemon just grins as it dashes forward and Cuts your partner with its huge claw!

Trying to shake it off, Cyndaquil shoots a number of blue flaming orbs, attempting Will-o-Wisp. The flames float slowly in the air however, and Excadrill swiftly counters each of them with a pinpoint precision Mud Slap, drowning out each fire before they hit, but none of the Mud Slaps make their way over to Cyndaquil himself either.

Baro smiles, saying nothing, as his trusty partner begins to glow a bright yellow and the ground beneath shakes and cracks; you’re familiar with the next move… Earth Power!

How do you counter this?!

Crater Island

Iridi Beach

kaisap112: Look here

Brine Island

Salin City

Arc_Angel & lilbluecorsola: Look here

empoleon_dynamite: Look here

Ion Island

Storm Lake

Myahoo: You realize you're gonna have to work as hard as you can to capitalize on the marginal advantage you got last turn. The next round of orders can completely tilt the match in your favour!

Cyndaquil acknowledges your instructions and Digs deep underground; despite not possessing claws, the ground is very soft and he has little trouble carrying out the command. Ampharos doesn't react fast enough, and soon looks around in fear of the coming hit.

- Calm down Ampharos! Try to slam him with an Iron Tail as he surfaces, then crush him with a Wild Charge to end this!

The opponent's tail begins to glow and it focuses as hard as it can to spot the rustling sand where Wildfire should be coming from. However, directly beneath it is obviously a blind spot, and that's exactly where Wildfire comes from, jumping up and smashing its head directly beneath Ampharos's chin! The Electric-Type falls to the ground in pain, Iron Tail nullified.

Wildfire does a little spin to celebrate the success, as Cam looks - for the first time in the match - somewhat baffled. As your partner celebrates, however, you notice his movements are a little stiff... Was he paralyzed by the undergound currents as he dug?! Cam's Pokemon, meanwhile, makes it back to its feet and begins to charge up energy, but Cyndaquil refuses to let up the pressure and releases a barrage of flaming bubbles, a unique maneuver only a select few Pokemon ever master. Determiend to go through with its own attack, Ampharos rushed forward, covered in electricty, charging head on thrrough the Firestream bubbles! Most make full contact with its skin, popping and damaging it, but some explode prematurely by contact with its intense electricity. Wild Charge hits Cyndaquil at point blank, sending him flying several feet back, but in a remarkable display of tenacity Wildfire gets back up and shoots an Ember in retaliation, also hitting its mark.

Both Pokemon are gasping for air, this round having been very demanding for each side. It's hard to tell who has the lead at this point, except... there is a large red patch of burnt skin on Ampharos's shoulder! The opponent is Burned! THis might be the decisive turnaround you were looking for, but Wildfire seems to be running out of gas... Nonetheless, judging by how well he ended up following your orders, you can safely say that the scare of paralysis was just that; maybe it was a warning that trying to Dig again might actually result in the unwanted side effect happening...

What do you do?

Glacier Island

Boreal Wastelands

Trepie: The situation is dire; a gigantic Mamoswine is charging towards you, and it seems pretty much intent on taking you out. One can only assume this cave is part of its territory, and you’re a trespasser. Still, even in the face of adversity, you retain your humanity, intent on stopping the Mamoswine but not let it be taken for research purposes – you still don’t trust this Nebula group entirely, even after Gapp’s explanation.

You instruct Iris, your level-headed Houndoom, to take on the gargantuan Ice-Type. Unfortunately for you, the opponent is also part-Ground, making for a less-than-ideal matchup, but you’re still confident about your success.

Iris patiently waits for Mamoswine to move in closer, unfazed even in the face of the huge charging mammoth; then, with movements almost too fast to track, she leaps to the side, making the opponent miss its charge, and jumps back in its direction slamming it with her horns imbued with Dark Energy, scoring a Sucker Punch successfully.

Unfortunately, the Mamoswine is way too bulky to be stopped by a single attack like that; shaking off the damage, it turns around in surprisingly rapid fashion and rams an ice-covered tusk against Iris’s abdomen; luckily, being a wild Pokemon with little sense of strategy, the Ice Fang doesn’t harm your Houndoom a whole lot, and she gets back to her feet quickly. Still, she couldn’t chain her next move like you had intended, as the giant was quicker in its retaliation than both of you had anticipated.

The battle has just started, but you can already tell it’s going to be a while before it’s over. Come to think of it, this might be a once-in-a-lifetime battle: just how rare are wild Mamoswine?! Considering it would require a Piloswine to awaken its ancient genes, remembering a move lost in times immemorial – something that is usually only achieved with the direct intervention of a trainer -, the fact that this one managed to do so and effectively exist as a living piece of history is an event of unspeakable rarity. The simple sight of one in the wild would be remarkable as it is, but to actually battle a force of nature like this…

Iris is ready to resume battle, as Mamoswine stops for a brief moment, perhaps measuring up its unexpected foe. It charges head-on again, but Iris sees it coming and, ducking briefly, tackles the mammoth’s front legs with Foul Play! This causes it to trip and fall over hard, most of the damage coming from its own momentum. Spotting her opening , your Houndoom blasts Mamoswine with a powerful Dark Pulse, making it roar loudly in pain, the icy walls shaking around you in response.

Thanks to your instructions, Iris has the upper hand so far, having dealt much more damage than her wild opponent. The latter however, has also consumed less energy, and there’s no telling how big a tank this Mamowine carries – you can expect it to be able to fight for very long though, given its fully-evolved state and the battle taking place in its natural habitat.

What do you do now?

Silver Ocean

Auronos Caverns

ApertureScience: Look here
    Last edited by MarbleZone; 28th February 2013 at 08:05 PM.

Crater Island
    Pearl Lake- Extremely, extremely deep, this freshwater lake holds all kinds of water Pokemon. There's absolutely no telling what you'll find under the calm surface of the water. Legends of deep sea treasure exist, could they be true? One thing is for sure, large colonies of Clamperl make this their home, providing the number one source of pearls in the world.

As soon as she stepped off of the ferry, Pest's eyes widened at the sheer beauty of Crater Island. Could this really be the place where destruction reigned hundreds of years ago? Where the ground shook in agony, the sun withered in the face of smoke and ash, and wrathful fire rained from the sky? She had heard stories of this place, both of the vicious eruption and the gentle way nature had reclaimed the island, but it had been difficult for her to believe the latter. Even now, standing on a pearly-white beach as Wingull flapped about overhead, she couldn't be sure that her eyes were telling her the truth, yet there it was.

She considered remaining on the beach for a moment, imagining how she might bask in the gentle sunlight and listen to the laughter of children playing. Then realism poisoned the thought, turning the sun unbearably hot and kicking sand in her face amidst childish jeers. She shook her head, turning from the sight of the gentle tide and beginning a trek further inland through the sand. This was a vacation, she reminded herself, and while the beach might seem fun, she didn't want to spend all of her time nursing a nasty sunburn. She probably should have tried to get a tan first, if only for the sake of hiding her pasty-white skin. Too late for precautions now, she supposed.

The walk didn't take quite as long as she'd expected; soon enough the sight of the great crater lake loomed up into view. It's sapphire blue waters shone in the sunlight, so much so that she couldn't look at it head-on without being blinded, but it was impressive just the same. It was amazing how the volcano had managed to destroy itself, especially now that it looked so gentle and placid. Standing at the very edge, she slipped off her sandals and dipped a foot into the lake. An odd sound burst from her lips, half giggle and half shriek, as she leapt back at the unexpected chill. The surface rippled at her sudden splash, gradually calming into a perfect picture of stillness once again.

Grinning, she eased herself into a sitting position, swinging her backpack off of her shoulders and carefully sliding her toes into the water. Now that she was expecting the low temperature, the water merely sent a pleasant shiver running up her spine. The heat of the sun, the chill of the lake ... a perfect contrast. Suddenly struck with inspiration, she pulled out a notebook and pen and began to scrutinze the scene while her fingers pried the plastic cover around to the back. She had dozens of these unused things, empty pages from her childhood back when she was still had a passing interest in keeping a journal. She supposed she should have left them at home, where her siblings would have made some use of them, but that gift-giving would have to come another day. Next year perhaps. But today, one of them would no longer be going to waste.

Propping the notebook up against her knees, she leaned back against a boulder, settled into a comfortable position, and began to sketch.

CASCADIA

Lily Island
    With a totally different landscape from the first, Lily Island is the second largest of the archipelago. Completely covered with vegetation, this island was also formed by a volcano. However, erosion has taken this island down to almost flat, and giving many homes to all types of grass and bug Pokemon among others. Inside the dense jungle, which takes up about a half of the island, there is a very small lake. There are two different forests on the island, and you can tell when you've gone from one forest to another. Besides being divided by the Diamond River, some strange force causes them to have completely different climates as well...
    The Silver Forest - The forest which takes up a bit more than half of the island, Silver Island is named for the silver veins the leaves are adorned with. A deciduous forest, you'll mainly see flying and bug types here, due to the lack of ground vegetation. There is a rest stop somewhere in the forest, helping trainers on their way.

It was a nice brisk day at Lily Island. A small breeze was blowing across the island the sun high in the sky, it was a great day for anyone at Lily Island. There was also a sense of adventure in the air. "Why did we chose to go here again?" Asked a Grimer who was trailing behind his trainer. "Botch we chose to come to silver forest because you didn't want to go anywhere else, why?" "You aren't scared are you?" The young teen teased. There names were Jake and Botch. The duo though they had been in Fizzytopia for two months they had yet to go on a true adventure and that's what brought them here today. "Um o-of course I'm not afraid, captain Botch is never afraid! No matter where he is he shall smite evil" The Grimer announced. Jake just rolled his eyes. "Well this forest really stays true to it's name huh Botch?" Jake asked as he looked at the scenery of the forest. Botch nodded before looking into the distance "And now we shall go onward, to adventure!" The Grimer yelled before dashing ahead. Jake couldn't help but smile. "Hey Botch wait up!" Jake called as he ran after him.
    Link to profile

Glacier Island

Boreal Wastelands

Trepie: The situation is dire; a gigantic Mamoswine is charging towards you, and it seems pretty much intent on taking you out. One can only assume this cave is part of its territory, and you’re a trespasser. Still, even in the face of adversity, you retain your humanity, intent on stopping the Mamoswine but not let it be taken for research purposes – you still don’t trust this Nebula group entirely, even after Gapp’s explanation.

You instruct Iris, your level-headed Houndoom, to take on the gargantuan Ice-Type. Unfortunately for you, the opponent is also part-Ground, making for a less-than-ideal matchup, but you’re still confident about your success.

Iris patiently waits for Mamoswine to move in closer, unfazed even in the face of the huge charging mammoth; then, with movements almost too fast to track, she leaps to the side, making the opponent miss its charge, and jumps back in its direction slamming it with her horns imbued with Dark Energy, scoring a Sucker Punch successfully.

Unfortunately, the Mamoswine is way too bulky to be stopped by a single attack like that; shaking off the damage, it turns around in surprisingly rapid fashion and rams an ice-covered tusk against Iris’s abdomen; luckily, being a wild Pokemon with little sense of strategy, the Ice Fang doesn’t harm your Houndoom a whole lot, and she gets back to her feet quickly. Still, she couldn’t chain her next move like you had intended, as the giant was quicker in its retaliation than both of you had anticipated.

The battle has just started, but you can already tell it’s going to be a while before it’s over. Come to think of it, this might be a once-in-a-lifetime battle: just how rare are wild Mamoswine?! Considering it would require a Piloswine to awaken its ancient genes, remembering a move lost in times immemorial – something that is usually only achieved with the direct intervention of a trainer -, the fact that this one managed to do so and effectively exist as a living piece of history is an event of unspeakable rarity. The simple sight of one in the wild would be remarkable as it is, but to actually battle a force of nature like this…

Iris is ready to resume battle, as Mamoswine stops for a brief moment, perhaps measuring up its unexpected foe. It charges head-on again, but Iris sees it coming and, ducking briefly, tackles the mammoth’s front legs with Foul Play! This causes it to trip and fall over hard, most of the damage coming from its own momentum. Spotting her opening , your Houndoom blasts Mamoswine with a powerful Dark Pulse, making it roar loudly in pain, the icy walls shaking around you in response.

Thanks to your instructions, Iris has the upper hand so far, having dealt much more damage than her wild opponent. The latter however, has also consumed less energy, and there’s no telling how big a tank this Mamowine carries – you can expect it to be able to fight for very long though, given its fully-evolved state and the battle taking place in its natural habitat.

What do you do now?
    The behemoth thrashed around roaring in anger sending tremors running through the walls. It gave Auric cause for concern. While this cave was mostly rock it didn't mean a Pokemon as big as Mamoswine couldn't bring the whole thing down around them. There was no avoiding it at this point. He just had to hope that he and Iris could knock it out before it caused a collapse. He began to wonder if it had been what caused the fissure that dropped him down here in the first place. Maybe it was trying to warn it's fellow cave dwelling pokemon to run or hide. Or maybe it was just pissed off to have an interloper in its territory.

Iris was holding her own for now, but the Mamoswine showed little signs of slowing down. They'd have to play to Iris's strengths to get it down before something gave. Auric thought back to Pandora in Nebula's lab. There was no way he was leaving her there. His hands were still raw from the ice cave collapse, he was exhausted, his arm ached in his coat, and he had more bruises than he could count and all he could think of was finding a way out of this cave. They would get this Mamoswine down and hidden away and he would get back to that lab to retrieve his friend.

"Sorry about this, but it's for your own good. If you keep making this much noise you're either going to bring the walls down or else end up as a science experiment in some lab. Iris, he might be big but you're faster, smarter and better trained. Let's start things off with a Leer, maybe we can get it's defenses down. You have to try to stay on its flanks. Use Smog to give yourself some cover and try to get to his side or rear. You can out maneuver this thing no problem in here. Keep it up until you get a clear opening and blast it with a Flame Thrower." He called out.

Looking up at the crack in the roof of the cave he had just fallen through Auric couldn't see any light. 'Pity' he thought to himself. If Iris could set up a Sunny day she would've been unstoppable. Still he had faith in his Houndoom and she was too proud to bow down to any opponent. Even one as large and angry as this.
    Fizzy Bubbles
    Trade Post

Current Team
    --------
    ----------

Blog Entries

Visit kaisap112's Youtube Channel

Crater Island

Iridi Beach

kaisap112: You realize that, early in the match as it may be, the setup is entirely in favour of Ninetales: the sunshine and the burn are details in of themselves, but when played to their advantages they can turn the match around. As such, you immediately try to counteract the weather conditions to even the playing field.

Amelia’s Solstice stands motionless as it hears your instructions to Kitty. Your Skitty instantly complies and waggles her tail in a complex pattern, as clouds begin to gather overhead. Just then, the Ninetales seems to spot an opening and dashes forward with a Quick Attack that connects head-on, partially disrupting Kitty’s dance and slowing the clouds’ gathering.

Kitty gets back to her feet, having taken light damage from the assault, and begins to charge up electricity in her body. Solstice is intent on interrupting her again and her arches her head back, flames escaping her mouth and nostrils as she prepares to unleash a powerful Fire attack, no doubt!

- Let’s go dear, show her who she’s dealing with, roast that little bitch!

Amelia Vas Hengel seems to lose her composure once again, enthralled in the emotion of battle, even if she is still to issue a single command on her own. It becomes more and more apparent that she’s just going along with the flow of the match, entirely dictated by her Pokemon, which is quite unusual…

The Ninetales launches its head forward, ready to unleash its attack, but this time around Kitty proves faster and lets loose a wicked Thunderbolt that scores a direct hit, making the Ninetales yell in pain and aimlessly release its Fire Blastinto the sky, where it explodes in a beautiful, fortunately inconsequential display of pyrotechnics.

Kitty seems proud of herself, jumping excitedly, but you notice her panting. The Thunderbolt drained a considerable amount of energy, not to mention most of her Electric reserves; a shame she wasn’t allowed to summon the rain faster, as it would have been all the more devastating on a wet opponent, but it was still a small victory – the failed Fire Blast took its toll on Solstice as well, as you notice the Ninetales gasping for air.

Remembering the last part of your instructions, Kitty runs forward and speeds up, surrounding herself with a black aura before disappearing briefly and reappering right next to the fox, connecting with a second Faint Attack that makes the opponent lose its balance temporarily and fall on its hind legs.

- Wh-what?! You stupid little kid! Do you have any idea how much this Ninetales is worth?! Don’t… don’t you dare keep this up, I’m warning you!!

Amelia’s battle skills maybe be doubtful by now, but even she can tell that the match is no longer going her way. Solstice took way more damage than Kitty this turn and lost its footing, not to mention the weather advantage, as the rainclouds finally gather and grow enough for a faint drizzle to begin falling. Another Burn suddenly makes Kitty’s fur ignite briefly before subsiding, making her screech in pain, but the rain appears to ease the pain somewhat. It seems you have an opening now, the tide has definitely turned!

What do you do?
    Better late than never, sorry it took so long to reply! ^-^;;

Kitty could finally put all her dance practice into good use, wagging her tail in a unique version of Rain Dance, cloud slowly forming above the battlefield. The Ninetails didn’t seem to care for the idol-to-be’s effort, slamming into her with a Quick Attack that disrupted the performance just enough to slow down the rain clouds. Kitty got back on her paws fairly quickly, charging up with electricity while at it. The Fire-type wasn’t much behind – flames were bursting out of her mouth and nostrils, promising a big bad Fire-type attack!

“Shock her good, Kitty! Thunderbolt!”

“Let’s go dear, show her who she’s dealing with, roast that little bitch!

Evidently Amelia wasn’t even trying to keep up her charade of an elegant person. With the lack of support and orders from Amelia to her “precious” Ninetails, Noriko began to wonder if the old hag was simply riding on her Pokémon’s success as opposed to working with her to achieve it. Maybe a leech is exactly what she is, sucking the life out of everything it comes to contact with. A fate like that for the poor Pokémon Amelia had been harassing wasn’t the least bit tempting. Luckily for them, Kitty proceeded to deliver a direct hit of Thunderbolt to Solstice; the latter stumbled in pain, only managing to release her Fire Blast up into the sky. As the flames exploded above them, Noriko wondered if anyone back on the shore would notice and come investigate – flames coming from a deserted island weren’t a common phenomenon here, were they?

With the Thunderbolt not as boosted by Rain Dance as Noriko had hoped, thanks to an unwelcome interruption, the trainer came to the conclusion that another Thunderbolt might have been too much for the kitten to handle. Kitty covered herself in a dark aura and disappeared from sight shortly before appearing next to Solstice, smacking her with a Faint Attack that forced the Ninetails on her hind legs. Apparently the canine was getting tired already…

“Wh-what?! You stupid little kid! Do you have any idea how much this Ninetales is worth?! Don’t… don’t you dare keep this up, I’m warning you!!” Amelia was losing composure by the minute.

“I wouldn’t put a price tag on my partner, but apparently it’s not beyond you. We’ll show you exactly how little a price tag means in a battle! Right, Kitty?” Noriko looked at her partner, and Kitty meowed in approval – right before her fur flamed up again with the burn. Rain Dance was finally having an effect though, a slight drizzle easing the feline’s pain. They weren’t going to lose this match.

“Kitty, use Zen Headbutt while Solstice is getting herself together, then hit her hard with DoubleSlap!” Noriko was getting the feeling that if anything, Solstice would try to be aggressive to the end, which gave the trainer an idea. “Finish up with Copycat!”

Aduro Island

Geyser Park

Hayward: Sometimes, you can't escape adventure. No matter how careful and thorough you try to be, destiny has a way of pulling you into situations you would rather have nothing to do with; this was one those situations.

Resigned to your fate, you gear up - fighting through the nagging pain -, prepare Urséo for what may come and decide to go after Terry and his parents. You open the room's door and step outside with determination.

The corridor is completely empty. Somehow, and judging by the deafening silence, it seems as if the entire ward is deserted! You wait around for a minute to see if you can spot anybody in the distance or hear any sound at all that might indicate the presence of life, but nothing comes and you can't waste your time like this. Clenching your fist and nodding to Urséo with confidence, you head to the nearby stairwell to reach the Pokemon Center on the floor below.

Each step is an exercise in willpower. Your legs seem to have forgotten how to walk during the brief period you were admitted in the hospital, and the simple bump of your foot meeting the step below sends a wave of pain coursing through your arm and shoulder, to the point where you have to stop and press your back against the wall every five steps or so. Your Teddiursa looks on worriedly, but powerless to help. How could he, a creature so small? But even after such a brief period of time together, the concern and affection Urséo nurtures for you is palpable, and you can tell he'd offer to carry you on his back if such a thing were remotely possible. Smiling back at him in reassurance, you muscle on toward whatever awaits you below.

After what seems like an eternity, you reach the ground floor access door. Swinging the handle gently, as silently as you can, you peek inside - it's definitely the Pokemon Center on the other side of the door! However...

The sight makes your heart heavy. It's nothing like any Pokemon Center you've seen before - there's nobody at the counter, and the area would be just as empty as the floor above if not for a handful of people ducked behind each row of chairs in the room. Some of them you don't recognize, but three in particular - clustered behind the row of chairs on the far end of the room - catch your eye: Terry and his family! But you can't just reach out to the, and take them away...

Several frog Pokemon, that you recognize as Croagunk, are patrolling the room - but no humans, contrary to what you expected; still, the directions they're facing now make it so that none is watching the door you're behind, not noticing that you opened it, which gives you some time to work out a plan of action - if any. The door to the left of the counter reads "Recovery Wing" above it, and you assume it's where Pokemon who have just been tended to at the counter go to rest up before being delivered to their owners. The door to the right reads "Emergency Room", no doubt where Pokemon in critical condition go instead of being placed on the healing machine at the counter - critical condition such as that of Skarméo, now that you think about it...

There's no telling who, if anyone, is behind each door - not without some more information. The current room layout is as follows:

Depending on what you want to do next, what's your plan going to be?
    On the ground floor of an eerily silent medical facility on Cascadia's Aduro Island, the teenage trainer William Hale carefully eases open the door to the building's built-in Pokémon Centre, peeks through the crack, and bolts in shock to find the place already under siege. Quickly scanning the room's familiar layout with his grey-green eyes, the lad spies a quartet of Croagunk sentries standing guard at various positions; keeping watch over a small number of hostages, among whom are his new friends, Barry, Kelly, and Terry. His heart skips a beat at their plight, and feeling genuine concern for the family's safety, he grits his teeth in determination and silently vows to do his best to rescue them. Just then, across the room, a door marked "Emergency" catches his gaze, and Will instantly reasons that it must be the place where he'll find his injured Skarmory Skarméo. Will can't even begin to imagine the condition the giant steel condor is in and wordlessly urges it to hang on just a little while longer.

Dragging a hand through his short brown hair, Will thinks hard to come up with a plan. As he considers the scene laid out before him, he finds it strange that there is no one present to command the four Croagunks and briefly wonders if the room might be under video surveillance, in which case the fighting frogs' trainer might be monitoring things from somewhere else in the hospital. At that spooky thought, Will's skin suddenly begins to crawl as he is struck with the creepy feeling that he's being watched. He glances all around suspiciously, but the Croagunks don't seem to be aware of his presence, and since nothing comes rushing down the corridor towards him, he dismisses the notion for the time being and begins to formulate his plan.

Trainer or no trainer, Will notes that Urséo is still outnumbered by the Croagunks by a count of four to one; formidable odds that certainly aren't in their favor. As much as he hates to admit it, he knows that the kind of straight-up, head-on fighting style which he prefers would be the equivalent of suicide in this situation. Not only that, but any kind of battling in the cramped waiting room might also jeopardize the safety of the hostages held there, which dangerous scenario Will certainly hopes to steer clear of. He needs to find a way to deal with the Croagunks in a location apart from the captives.

Despite being at a statistical disadvantage, Will does have confidence however, that Urséo can hold its own as long as they avoid fighting all the Toxic Mouth Pokémon at the same time in a four-on-one battle. Instead, they need to find a way to engage the Croagunks in single combat and fight four one-on-one battles. With a little bit of luck, they may even get the chance to make a clear go at freeing the hostages, Skarméo, and the rest of their comrades, which will even out the odds a little more. His mind made up, Will decides to consult his Pokédex since he's never witnessed Urséo in action, and quickly reads up on the tiny bear cub's attacks. After a moment of quick study, he flips off the electronic encyclopedia, stuffs it back in his side-strap courier bag, and turning to the junior grizzly, begins to outline his strategy.

"Alright, mate," he whispers, hoping not to draw the attention of the poisonous patrollers in the Pokémon Centre. "Use Sweet Scent on the closest Croagunk. Try to lure it out here into the hallway so we can take it out one-on-one." Will steals a glance back into the waiting room, then turns to Urséo again, and with a grin, quietly cautions, "Just don't overdo it though...we don't want the whole frickin' pack of them out here breathin' down our necks, right?!"

Urséo nods his tiny head in understanding and adjusts the Rocky Helmet he wears, as Will noiselessly backs away from the open door before continuing, still issuing instructions under his breath. "Then Hone your Claws while we wait for the effects of Sweet Scent to kick in. As soon as Croagunk comes through that door, surprise it with Slash..."
    Last edited by Hayward; 9th March 2013 at 06:56 AM.

fb | trades | pc

Default Re: New Year, New Twists

Quote Originally Posted by kaisap112 View Post
    I'm back with updates! Have fun, I'll try to get into a more regular updating schedule now that things are getting more regulated in my life.
    Venom Island
    Bane Forest

blazeVA: Static releases a Thunder Wave over a group of small Trubbish running your way. The electricity crackles around them; a yellow glow and stopped movement indicating the Trubbish have been paralyzed. While the Trubbish in the area have their sights locked on you, Surgei sneaks away and takes off, soaring up in the sky, out of the sight of the Poison-types. The Trubbish holding the can with Lemon Drop in it drops both of them and dashes for you, leaving Surgei to make a skillful dive and snatching the can, Lemon Drop happy to see a familiar face. Static uses a Confuse Ray on another group of Trubbish, but this doesn’t help: now you’ve got about five Trubbish flailing and running about, completely out of control. As you notice Surgei’s success in obtaining Lemon Drop, you almost cheer – when there’s an earth-shaking stomp. And another. Another. Steps.

Looks like your favorite giant garbage bags, Garbodors, are approaching.

You reach the conclusion that sticking around could lead to a smelly death – if you’re lucky – and get yourself and your team to run for it. Static throws an Electroweb behind it to stall the Trubbish before turning around and dashing after you, Surgei and Lemon Drop flying above you. Things really start getting messy as an assortment of trash of different sizes and splashes of Sludge Bombs hit the tree trunks and ground around you. Shots of Acid Spray fly past you, and dodging a particularly close shot you suddenly fall down what might have been a cliff; tree trunks, ground and dust run and spin in front of your eyes for what feels like a good minute or two.

When you finally stop rolling down and can actually see where you are, you take note you’ve landed in what looks like a crater made of trash. You hear the Trubbish in the distance, searching for you, and duck into the nearest trash pile. While you wait on the Pokémon to pass you, you feel something smooth against your hand – something relatively warm. It is not moist or soft, so you don’t get too panicked about it (as much as running right inside a Garbodor’s open mouth might be something that you’d deem your usual luck). After a good while of silence, you hear your own Pokémon arrive, quietly looking for and calling out for you. On a whim, you decide to grab on the warm, smooth item you’d touched and slowly make your way out of the trash. Before your team members run over to crush your lungs with all the hugging, you look down and see you’ve acquired…an egg? It has the most intricate pattern on it, with a black base and purple-yellow spots all over it. Once you’ve negotiated with your team you decide to hold on to the egg: abandoning it into the wild wouldn’t be too cool. Lemon Drop is still stuck in the can, so you should probably get her free again before progressing. And progressing where would be the next question…

What will you do?

NOTE FROM KAISAP: The egg is NOT a regular egg and you cannot go hatch it at the Egg House. Consider it a key item in this adventure that you should take very good care of for the time being. You can have a full party of six Pokémon, since the egg isn’t technically yours – you’re just looking after it.
    Immediately Static Shock went into action, knowing that there was no time to spare and that if he did not help his trainer, he could be in for more trouble than he ever wanted. Static concentrates the electricity inside of him for moment, waiting for the perfect amount, before several tendrils of electricity release from him and bind up the Trubbish. It was only a small group that was affected, but the yellow glow of electricity plus the locked movement meant one thing for sure. They had been paralyzed. There was no time to say thank you however, as Blaze had to remain vigilant at all times; one moment of relaxation or having his guard down could be catastrophic. Surgei sneaks off while the battling(or the stalling for a more appropriate word) happens, flying in to the air and making a quick dive at Lemon Drop. The Trubbish that was holding the can had run off trying to help the others, and Surgei easily swooped in and grabbed the can, each of his legs grabbing it like a clamp, and flew off into the air, with Lemon Drop safely in arms reach.

"Thank you Surgei! It is so nice to see you!"

A thought ran through Surgei's head for a moment, a memory of when he was younger, right before he went off to fight the Germans. He had managed to get some food with the overtime he had worked, and brought home a treat for his family; fresh fruit. A little girl the age of ten ran up to him, with open arms ready to hug him. Her golden hair glowed in the sunlight, and Surgei knew that she was beautiful.

"Spasibo tebe, moy brat."

Surgei faltered in his flight for a moment and nearly flew into a tree, but corrected himself.

"Are you okay Surgei? Are you going to be alright?"
    "Sobirayetesʹ li vy bytʹ v poryadke brat?"
    "Yeah, I am going to be fine. Don't worry. Blaze needs to know you are safe, then we will go someplace safe and wait for him."

Surgei flew down towards Blaze and zoomed over his head, and he nearly cheered in happiness. Static was also having a good amount of success in keeping the Trubbish in order, as he fires a bright beam of light that hits five Trubbish in the head, a great attack called Confuse Ray. Blaze had hoped that it would just cause to settle down some, but they just end up running around and rampaging all over the place. 'Well, as long as they are not attacking us, I am okay with that.' Just then, Blaze's heart stopped as he literally felt the earth shake. boom

'Oh no(Boom) the Garbodor are coming (BOom). If I don't leave now (BOOm) then all that if left for me is one big smelly death!' BOOM!

"Come on guys, we have to run for it!" Blaze yelled at the top of his lungs. Static looked over and saw his trainer was running at a breakneck pace, and quickly formed an Electroweb to snare any remaining Trubbish, and zoomed off at the speed of a lightning bolt, literally, towards Blaze. Surgei was a little bit ahead, wanting to keep an eye on Blaze, but when Blaze ran under him, he immediately took off as well, flying overhead. Blaze ran through the trees, not caring which way he was going or that he might have been forfeiting his chance for a Trubbish; his only matter right now was staying alive for his Pokemon. Blaze hears the sounds of trash flying towards him, most of it just small stuff like cans or boxes, but occasionally something like a washer was thrown at him. On top of that, Blaze heard a number of exploding sounds, and that just convinced Blaze to run faster. Looking at a tree to his right, he saw a large blob of sludge fly by and slam into the tree, exploding and causing the tree to fall down. Then, Blaze saw a blast of some sort of green liquid fly past him and hit another tree, eating away at it and causing it to fall over in a matter of seconds. 'AUUGH! That's Acid Spray!!!' Shots of Acid Spray fly by Blaze, and one shot in particular came really close to him. He managed to get out of the way before it could do any more damage, but the maneuver causes him to fall down a cliff instead. Tree trunks, trash, dust all flies by his vision as he rolls down the hill for what felt like a minute or two of just straight rolling.

After Blaze stopped rolling around, he quickly got up and looked around to see exactly where he was. 'I am in some sort of crater of trash? What in the world? And where are my Pokemon!?' His thoughts are soon interrupted by the sounds of Trubbish in the distance, all of them looking for Blaze, and he jumps into the nearest trash pile, hoping that he would be able to blend in and not be seen. While Blaze waited for the Trubbish to pass on by, he noticed his arm was touching something noticeably smooth...and warm as well. Blaze tensed up in a moment, fearing that he might have just launched himself into the mouth of a Garbodor, as his luck seemed to be that way now for some time, but noticed that it wasn't damp, moist, or soft at all. 'Definitely not a mouth. There isn't much to worry about then.' Blaze waited on for the Trubbish to pass and for his Pokemon to try and find him, when he went into a sporadic coughing fit. 'It seems that the running wasn't a good thing. I guess that Poison Gas attack is finally starting to take its toll on me.' It wasn't bad though, and Blaze got over it. He then heard the calls of Surgei and Static looking for him in the trash, as one of them must have noticed that Blaze fell of the cliff. Blaze grabs the warm, smooth thing near subconsciously, and slowly makes his way out of the trash, not wanting to cause a cave-in and potentially injure himself. Before his team members get to him, Blaze looks down and notices that the item that he had picked up...was an egg? It was a rather interesting egg, with a black base and purple-yellow spots all over it. Just then he is tackled by Static, who was eager to see him. Electricity flows into Blaze as he begins to stutter and shake, and Static lets go of him, seeing that hugging generally is dangerous for Blaze.

"Thanks Static. So, is everyone alright?" The team answered in the affirmative.

"It would be nice though if you took this can off of my ear!"

Blaze laughed for a bit before taking off the can, giving Lemon Drop some relief as he ear pops out. She noticed the thing that blaze was holding and said, "Hey Blaze, was it that?"

"Oh, its an egg. I think anyways. I found it buried in a trash heap."

"Blaze, please don't tell me this is a Trubbish egg."

"No, I don't think so. I might be able to scan it with the Pokedex."

Blaze pulled out his Pokedex and scanned the egg, but the search came up negative. No matches were found. 'All right. Either this means that this egg is a new species of Pokemon, which is unlikely, or it means that the egg just hasn't been discovered before for a species. Maybe I can piece together what it looks like. Let me think...a black base. Well, then the Pokemon must be black, so that leaves out a lot of choices. Next, it has purple and yellow spots all over it. Since it is found in this toxic wasteland, it must be a Poison type.....wait! I think I got it!'

"I think I know what kind of egg this is. I might be wrong, but I think it might be a Seviper egg."

"Well, if it is a Seviper egg, you might as well just leave it alone Blaze. A Seviper could swallow you whole if it wanted to." Surgei warned. I knew that...but there was something odd about this one. It seemed lost. It was warm, but not overly so. This was Trubbish and Garbodor territory, not Seviper territory. It is possible this was like Lemon Drop, someone who was accidentally taken away.

"No, we are keeping it. We should find the parents that laid this egg and bring it back to them. They are probably worried sick, and it doesn't seem it belongs here anyhow. See if you guys can find some clues on where we should go next. Anything, a trail, footprints, something like that."

~¤Sea Priestess¤~ lilbluecorsola's Avatar

Brine Island

Salin City

Arc_Angel & lilbluecorsola: The buzz around you dies down along with the flames, most curious bystanders already gone to carry on with their lives. The rain begins to let up as well, and slowly but steadily, the curtain closes on the horrific scene. You have no idea how many casualties there were, but if not for your quick thinking, that number could have been at least five people higher.

The police is still on-site, although their attitude toward you has changed considerably – several of them pass by and mutter an embarrassed “thanks”, “good job” or simply throw you a quick look of admiration before resuming their activities, now largely reduced to cataloguing evidence and rushing to deliver equipment from the nearby vans to the POLTs inside the building for their investigation.

Felicia’s father has begged for your forgiveness and offered to provide any explanation you may want, and life-threatening as it was, the events brought about by the girl’s less-than-healthy state of mind picked your curiosity. Stacey agrees to listen to the old man, half-heartedly joking about a towel to lighten the mood, but he seems to take it seriously.

- Absolutely, it should have been my foremost concern! I apologize for my lack of manners… please come to my house, you should be in dire need of a bath and shelter after what you went through because of my daughter… I won’t take no for an answer! And I promise to explain everything once you’ve made yourselves more comfortable.

The invitation catches you off-guard. Both of you have travelled enough to know better, to be wary of strangers no matter how harmless they may seem… but this old man seems genuinely invested in repaying you for the trouble Felicia caused, and you find the young woman staring at you with a warm smile – a radical change in posture, come to think of it, from the frightened and confused girl of mere moments ago.

- Daddy, we’re having visitors? It’s been forever since we’ve had anybody over!! Oh please, you must accept!

She walks over to you, holding Stacey’s hand and pulling gently, as if encouraging to come along, smiling all the while. Just like a little girl…

You look at one another, hesitating briefly. But it’s obvious that the only way you’ll be getting answers is by complying for now, and you really could use a warm bath and some towels… Nodding, you decide to accept the invitation. Somehow, it just doesn’t feel right to leave the man alone with his daughter in this state anyway…

The four of you walk slowly, mostly due to the man’s pace, but at least it’s a much-welcome moment of tranquility. All the while your eyes keep turning to Felicia, who still seems delighted with your company – as if the previous events never happened. She playfully talks to Dwemer and Kristen, remarking she had never seen a live Golett before and how the Snorunt looked positively adorable with her artist gear on. The father, meanwhile, won’t take his eyes off of Felicia either, a look of concern clearly visible in his face. You can only imagine what kind of torment it must be for him to endure her erratic behaviour every day…

It’s well past dusk by the time you arrive. The air feels chilly, all the more so while blowing on wet clothes and skin. Felicia’s father invites you inside, closing the door behind him as he asks you to make yourselves comfortable. The front door leads to the living room, it seems, with a door on the far wall leading to another division and a staircase to your right giving access to the second floor.

Felicia excuses herself and goes up the stairs to her own room. Her father heads to the kitchen, the division beyond the living room where you are now, leaving the two of you alone. You’re now free to discuss what to do next, or each of you can do as you prefer: take up the offer for a warm bath, dry clothes and a meal, go take a look around the house by yourselves, talk to either Felicia or the old man or simply leave altogether.

What do you do?
    As soon as the old man suggested Stacey and Jess come to his house to refresh, Felicia’s fear fell immediately, replaced by a smiling face. She reached out for Stacey’s hand, tugging mildly like a little girl. The recipient of such a soft gesture could not refuse, and looked back desperately at Jess as she was led away. The latter hesitated, still not fully trusting, but knew even more so she could not leave her friend alone. She followed.

They walked at leisure, accommodating for the eldest of the group. His tired but dignified gait (as well as troubled eyes as he watched over Felicia) admittedly earned some sympathy, and the peaceful pace allowed Jess to relax a bit. At any rate, there was no way to escape, as Felicia continued clinging to her companion’s arm (making Jess slightly jealous). Yet she paid equal attention to each of her guests, marveling at Dwemer and cooing over Kristen’s hat. Like Dwemer, the Snorunt accepted adoration silently, admiring in turn the snow white of Felicia’s dress. Her figure would make a wonderful portrait, if the subject wanted and would allow. Jess smiled as Kristen took out her sketchbook to show Felicia some samples, to which the woman clapped her hands delightedly. She seemed so jovial and carefree, it was hard to imagine her as the crying, confused mess from before. Yet, there was something off about her behavior… She drifted as air in front of them, flitting about like a butterfly – so light and innocent it was as if the wind might pick her up and carry her away. Hardly the young woman who worried so much about her sister’s safety she would brave a burning building. Yet her distress had appeared genuine… Where was her younger sibling then, if she were not trapped in the fire? Could it be…?

Before Jess could make more sense of the matter, they arrived upon their destination, a humble home, wholly unthreatening. While Jessica still had her misgivings, she could sense Stacey shivering beside her. It was already well after dusk, and the night’s chill was beginning to set in, made worse by the wetness of Stacey’s cloth. Jessica’s own sneezing habits quickly kicked in, and frankly she felt thankful for finding herself ushered through the front door into a warm living room.

The father directed them to the bath while he prepared dinner, and Felicia went up to her room. Jessica’s gaze followed the strange woman up the stairs, still wondering just what her story was. Stacey noticed this, and recommended Jess go check on Felicia while she washed first. Jessica was reluctant to leave Stacey alone, especially with such a shady guy just outside, but Stacey assured her she’d be fine. Plus she had Wraith to protect her. Jessica nodded, knowing a skilled trainer such as Stacey was in good hands. …Er, scythes.

“Still, if anything happens, call me. I’ll be right upstairs in case you need me.”

With that, she peeked around the corner of the kitchen partition in order to make sure the old man was really making supper as he said, before bidding Stacey enjoyment of her bath and heading up the steps. Upon reaching the door she assumed led to Felicia’s chamber, she took a deep breath, securing Kristen in her arms before knocking quietly. As nervous as she was to approach a stranger in her own room and seek conversation, she was genuinely concerned for Felicia’s wellbeing. At the same time, she also wanted answers. Hopefully speaking to the woman one-on-one in a safe environment would give her some…

According to my research CyberBlastoise's Avatar

CASCADIA

Silver Ocean
    And last, but not least, the Silver Ocean. Completely surrounding the entire chain, the ocean is usually very calm. Named so because it is believed that Lugia rests somewhere in the depths, perhaps you may wish to look around at the areas? A large shipwreck lies just off of Ion Island, and that appears to be the most interesting of the areas. Surf is needed to explore above water, Dive is needed below. While these areas below are the most prominent, you're free to just surf along the surface or fish for Pokemon.
    The SS Leviathan Shipwreck - A few hundred yards from Ion Island, the mast of the SS Leviathan jets out of the water, the only visible from the surface testament to the shipwreck that happened abour 50 years ago. There are rumors that treasure had been found, but then lost deep in the ship...Could they be true?

A chance to find some long lost treasure that could be recovered? Bill couldn't run fast enough to get to this adventure. After reaching Ion Island, he rented some scuba gear to aid him with his search for this treasure. Though several treasure hunters probably did try for this treasure, maybe, actually Bill wasn't sure if there were any there or just plain thieves. Either way, this would not deter the young man as he had his trusty Carvanha, Savage with him. After checking to see if he had all equipment with him, Bill and Savage headed towards open waters. Accompanying them is another Pokemon very familiar to oceans, but perhaps not this particular ocean, Bill's Lumineon, Swift. Though he was excited for this, he realized that there must be danger ahead if no one could find this treasure, something that he learned very quickly. Still the thought of finding it would be interesting or heck finding anything that could be valuable would be nice.

While Bill was deep in his thoughts, Swift was steering straight for the ship's mast, now in view. He could not believe that he agreed to stay with this human at all, especially since he was reckless when it came to things like this. Ah the naivety of youth, but he also was aware that the trainer's recklessness did save his home too from well the Lumineon himself.

Savage on the other hand loved the danger and welcomed it with open fins. This would be an interesting expedition since technically it was his first. All in all, these three would most likely work together or they will all drown separately.

Welcome to Ex-Admiral Insane, Pest and CyberBlastoise! Hope you enjoy your adventures. ^^
    Takkupanda, King Ghidorah and hen da man have been dropped for now.

Aduro Island

Geyser Park

Hayward: The Pokemon Center room is absolutely quiet, except from the sound of Croagunk’s feet as they patrol the area, keeping the hostages in check. You count a total of four, and that’s not even equating the possibility of more hiding behind the two closed doors at the far end of the room… Be that as it may, the odds are already stacked against you, so you decide to take things one step at a time – literally. You quickly devise a plan to whittle down the opposing forces one by one while remaining unnoticed; a herculean task that will require no small amount of luck either.

Fortunately for you, it seems the spunky Teddiursa has just the movepool to pull off something like this! Capitalizing on his unique abilities, you should have no problem singling out at least the first opponent, and as such, you order Urséo to use Sweet Scent.

Complying, the tiny cub silently blows a scented wave that travels ever-so-slowly toward the nearest Croagunk. Tilting its head, the frog Pokemon is immediately enticed, but before it can track the odor to its source, Urséo takes the opportunity to sharpen his claws, and the two of you proceed to play the waiting game. You can only pray that this works now, as the plan is already under way, because if it doesn’t… you fear the worst for the captives.

Croagunk turns around and follows the scent, marveled, wondering what eighth wonder of the world could emanate such a fragrance. Oblivious to its surroundings, it happily walks through the door leading out to the stairway, where you and Teddiursa lie in ambush. Just as the Poison Frog comes into view, Urséo immediately darts forward and Slashes it with his sharp claws, catching it off guard and almost knocking it out in one fell swoop! You find yourself wondering just how deceivingly powerful the small cub is, certainly far and above others of its kind that usually roam the wild, and you count yourself very lucky to have captured this particular specimen.

Before you can savour the small victory brought about by your sound strategy, however, Croagunk struggles back to its feet, but instead of fighting back, it begins inflating the sacs on its cheeks… wait, is it going to sound the alarm?!

Quickly, what do you do?!

Ruin Island

Amor Temple

Stark: Awaiting your edits to the latest reply.

Lily Island

The Silver Forest

jolteonjak: Look here

Crater Island

Iridi Beach

kaisap112: The rain, the opponent’s weariness and the seemingly complete ineptitude of the other Trainer – all the stars were aligned to grant you the victory, and hopefully the chance to free the poor Poliwag.

Seizing the moment, you order Kitty to wrap it up with a combination of moves. Acknowledging your instructions, the Skitty gathers energy for a brief moment, her forehead glowing a bright blue, and she darts forward slamming hard against the still-recovering Ninetales, who still hadn’t managed to fully regroup. Intent on keeping up the pressure and capitalizing on the close range, Kitty raises her tail, ready to strike with DoubleSlap…

- Hey boss, look what we found!!

Instinctively, you look up… and it’s like you’re punched in the gut. Coming up from behind the same rocks as you had when you confronted Lady Vas Hengel, a broad-shouldered, rough-looking man emerges, and closely behind is a large Pinsir… and clutched in its vice grip is a colossal oversight of yours: Minori.

You re-live the events in your head; you and Kitty had crossed the waters, giving chase to the giant Poliwag, and as you spied on the old hag, the way she was mistreating the poor amphibinas made your blood boil, and you rushed over to her… which means… you neglected to recall your Seel!

Amelia Vas Hengel laughs hysterically at the turn of events.

- Well well, seems the little brat is well acquainted with this flabby seal, judging by the helpless look on her face! Tell you what, hon…

The Pinsir squeezes its pincers tighter together, making Minori cry in pain, defenseless; if it keeps increasing the pressure, or one fell swoop of Guillotine, it would certainly mean…

- Tell your filthy cat to stand down and give up the match, or I’ll be dining Seel steak later tonight. If you do as I say, I won’t harm your Seel… but if that Skitty’s tail so much as grazes my beautiful Solstice, well… try me, sweetheart.

The situation took a sudden turn for the worst, as you’re essentially held hostage by Amelia’s bargain. There’s a very limited number of ways you could go about this… either obey, for Minori’s sake, or try and pull something heroic.
    Amelia has made it perfectly clear what’s at stake, so you’ll need to weigh your options very, very carefully right now, and consider what risks are and aren’t worth taking. On the other hand, there’s always the issue of whether Amelia will be true to her word if you give in, but that’s out of your hands…

What will you do?!

Pearl Lake

SugarPesticide: The scenery feels inviting, peaceful, idyllic. Casting all worries aside, you decide to sit down and do something different for a change – sketch the view. After all, how often do you get to kick back and relax?

- I say young woman, that is quite the portrait!

Not often, clearly. Startled, you turn around and see… nobody. It isn’t until you remember to look up that you spot him, perched on top of the rock you’re leaning against. He nimbly leaps down and lands in front of you, and you quickly realize the unlikelihood of what you witnessed – in front of you is a man probably well in his eighties.

- Terribly sorry to sneak up on you like this, my dear… but you see, I might have just found the solution to my conundrum, if you’d be so kind!

Still half-scared, half-awestruck, you look closer at the old man. He sports a neatly trimmed gray beard and wears a light-brown suit with matching suede leather shoes and a dark brown tie over a clean white shirt. On top of his head sits a black beret, and small round glasses rest on top of his nose. His posture is impeccable, particularly for a man of his age, but even so he holds a mahogany walking cane, its handle being the sculptured face of a Swanna.

- Now now, where are my manners? I’ve neglected to introduce myself. I am Jan Vogh, and you could call me an artist… years ago.

You notice the sudden change of tone, as the man seems overwhelmed by sadness.

- I am sorry to intrude on your moment of rest my dear, I truly am. But it’s an exceedingly rare thing to come across someone so young who still nurtures an interest in carefree art! I am in dire need of assistance, and only someone who loves both Pokemon and art would be suitable to help me… because I have nothing to offer in return.

You instinctively throw him an inquisitive look; hoe can a man who dresses so elegantly and presents himself with such decorum have nothing to offer in return for help? Vogh catches your glance and sighs before proceeding.

- I’ve made a living off of my paintings since I was a young lad. Around these parts, and throughout Cascadia, I was a renowned artist. Why, the entire land of Fizzy Bubbles was at least familiar with my name! Now, I’m afraid, no more… People your age, yourself included no doubt, have no idea who Jan Vogh is.

He stops for a minute, then adjusts his glasses, as if reconsidering his approach.

- Still, like I said, I apologize for interrupting your moment of tranquility. As I understand, you’re probably on a journey with your Pokemon, yes? Most youngsters do so, as I myself did one day, and I know how important it must be for you. So, if you would rather go on your way, I won’t resent it. And as an apology for taking your time, I can most certainly tell you some places of interest nearby that may be worth looking into, if you’re so inclined…

Vogh seems honest about his offer; it appears he’s been looking for help for so long, he’s used to being turned down by now. On one hand, you could offer to help the wandering artist with his problems, whatever they may be, aware that you’ll likely receive no reward from the broke painter. On the other hand, as a former traveler himself, seems to have valuable information about the Lake and its surroundings, if you’d prefer to seek adventure and potential rewards elsewhere.

What do you do?

Brine Island

Salin City

Arc_Angel & lilbluecorsola: After a while of weighing your options, you agree to accept the old man’s hospitality. You leave your host to tend to the supper, and both of you head upstairs; Stacey decides to take a warm bath, much needed after all the rain from before, while Jess gathers all of her courage and chooses to confront Felicia in her room.

---

You stand at the door, nervous as usual, scared of the woman you’ll find the inside, which version of Felicia will be there to meet you. Scared of how awkward it seems for you to just walk in your host’s bedroom uninvited. Scared that you’ll have nothing to say. Scared you’ll go back to Stacey without any answers. And still, you step inside.

Your first impression is that the room is much too large for a single occupant; why would Felicia need all that space? It’s only after you focus on your surroundings that you realize… it’s a room for two. On each side there is a bed, each with matching light-pink sheets; one of them is empty and tidily kept; on the other lays Felicia, facing up, with her eyes closed. Assuming her to be asleep, you move around as silently as you can, taking a closer inspection at the room’s contents.

There are a couple of life-size Pokemon Dolls resting on the empty bed – a Whimsicott and a Jigglypuff -, and Felicia herself is hugging a Gengar doll as she sleeps. There’s a large window on the far wall, and beneath it a small table with a bouquet of white flowers in a jar. At the foot of each bed is a small trunk, and there’s a round brown carpet in the center of the room, between the two beds.
    Nothing seems out of the ordinary, but something is missing… You struggle for a while trying to figure out what’s wrong, until you realize that there are absolutely no photos anywhere in the room. While certainly not an essential item, you’d figure someone like Felicia would keep pictures of her beloved sister, or at least a family photo... But the room feels empty, almost lifeless aside from the dolls, in clear contrast with the girl’s vibrant personality.

- She loves Whimsicott, you know?

Startled, you almost let out a scream, then turn around to the young woman. Had she been awake the whole time?!

- But she’s almost never home anymore… Daddy says she went on a journey, like we used to read on those Pokemon manga! She always fancied Green, but don’t tell anyone! I asked if I could go with her, but he never lets me…

She skips out of her bed and sits on the floor carpet with her legs crossed, looking at you pleadingly. She’s probably about your age, but acts so much younger…

- I wish I could be strong so I could go after my sister, regardless of what Dad says… He never lets me do anything. It’s not like I always get in trouble! But I did today, didn’t I?... Oh, I never got to thank you for saving me! You were so awesome, if you hadn’t been there, that Electrode would’ve… I owe you my life!

As if she just remembered something, she gets back to her feet and starts rummaging through one of the trunks. Having found what she was looking for, she turns around smiling and holds her hands out, as her voice becomes slightly deeper and more serious.

- It’s hardly worth a life, but I’d like you to have this. For some reason, we can’t seem to grow anything else on our back garden for the last couple of years, but I’ve always found them so pretty… Do give one to your friend as well, will you?

You smile back and take her offering: a pair of black and white berries, the kind of which you’ve never seen grow in the wild before. You keep 1x Enigma Berry to yourself and make a mental note to hand the other to Stacey when you meet up with her.

- So, Jess! Do you know any fun games we could play? My sister used to play with me all the time! When she gets back, maybe we could play together! Could you teach me one so I can show Sis later, before Daddy calls her down for supper?

The solemn tone of gratitude gone entirely, she’s reverted back to the carefree child of before. Her smile is radiant, and it’s clear she feels no inhibition with you around. And if she’s right, the call for dinner should be almost there, leaving you with little time to prod for useful information… Should you just indulge the young woman instead, or do you take the chance regardless?

---

Stacey finishes cleaning up and thanks Dwemer, her good spirits partially restored by the long bath. Refreshed, although forced to change into a less-than-ideal set of clothes, you make your way downstairs, hoping to get a word with the old man before dinner is ready.

With Dwemer following close behind, you try to find your way to the kitchen, unable to remember the way as you headed straight upstairs before.
    You find yourself in the living room after walking down the stairway, as the rather small house has no separate entrance hall, the front door instead opening directly to this division as you recall.

There’s a worn-looking couch in the middle of the room, a round wooden table in front of it and a television by the far wall. A couple of drawers house dishes, glass cups and utensils, no doubt more valuable pieces of kitchenware, if only on an emotional level - the kind you only put to use for family meetings and the like. You wonder when was the last time those left the drawer. There are some pictures on the otherwise-empty walls, mostly landscapes, but one in particular catches your eye – it’s a framed photograph, hanging on the far wall next to the TV set. In it, the old man is smiling, with two young girls next to him; one you recognize as being Felicia, while the other, somewhat younger than her, is entirely foreign to you. Could it be her sister?

You’re snapped out of your musings when you spot Dwemer through the corner of your eye, curiously holding something retrieved from the round table in front of the couch. Before you can tell him to put it down, the Golett clumsily makes his way toward you and hands you the object: a second photo, much smaller, covered in dust. For a picture placed in plain sight, it sure was awkward to be left neglected like this… You run your hand through the glass, wiping it clean. It shows the old man, alone this time around, apparently talking on a stage of some kind, all dressed up for whatever the occasion was. The funny thing is, somewhere in the back of your mind, something tells you the setup looks awfully familiar: the man, the suit, the stage… the concerned look on his face… Why does this all ring a bell?

You decide to put the picture down for now and resume toward the kitchen. After a little while of searching, you finally find it, and peeking inside, you spot the old man. Much to your relief, it seems he is indeed tending to the meal. You walk inside, though even if you had intended to be stealthy, the heavy steps of your companion give away your presence instantly. Turning around, the elder smiles.

- Oh, I see you’re done with your bath. Feeling better, young lady? A bit hungry, perhaps? I wish I could boast about my cooking skills, but alas, they’re just good enough to keep me and my daughter alive…

Though he clearly intended it as a joke at first, he immediately regretted the choice of words, a wave of grief washing over him before he fought it off and put on a smile again.

- Anyway, should be almost ready. Is your friend keeping my daughter company? I do hope she doesn’t cause any more trouble for the two of you…

The man seems to space out for a good while afterwards, eyes locked on the cooking pot but clearly looking beyond it. It isn’t until Dwemer nudges him on the leg that he snaps back to reality, apologizing profusely and turning off the gas before the meal is ruined. He sighs, visibly exhausted – mentally, perhaps, or just the effects of old age after the walk home -, but muscles on and goes to set the table on his own.

You can try and confront the man on anything that’s particularly troubling you, or that you’d prefer not to ask over dinner when everyone is gathered. Otherwise, you can go upstairs and call Jess and Felicia, or send Dwemer and help out the old man instead.

What do you do?

empoleon_dynamite: Look here

Ion Island

Storm Lake

Myahoo: Look here

Glacier Island

Boreal Wastelands

Trepie: Unfazed by the large threat, you have full confidence in your Houndoom to get the job done. Actually, getting it done is of the utmost necessity for a number of which, first of which the imminent collapse of the entire cave if you let the Mamoswine rampage for much longer.

You start off the round by commanding Iris to Leer at her opponent, hoping to reduce its defenses through fear. Unfortunately, the Mamoswine barely notices the puny dog’s stare, standing several feet taller than her and certainly not considering her a menace… yet. As such, it simply roars once more and charges head on, slamming into Iris with a vicious Take Down, sending her flying several feet back. That must have hurt…

Your mind suddenly goes back to the expedition. It’s been a while since you got separated from Gapp… what if they move on without you? Even if you somehow make it out of this cave, how long will you survive out there if you’re forced to walk back to the camp? Accustomed as you are to the weather, you’d run out of supplies quickly, and you’re not even sure which way you came from on the snowmobiles since you’d been busy getting information from your squadmate… Unfortunately, even the option of quickly capturing the Mamoswine and looking for the regiment is out of the equation since you lost your Link Balls when you fell… Whatever happens, you have to be quick in dealing with this roadblock. This monstrous roadblock that’s about to flatten your Houndoom.

You refocus on the battle, as without you, Iris is clearly outmatched. Mamoswine is huffing and preparing to charge again, and your Houndoom is still struggling to make it to her feet; if the beast strikes again, how much damage will it do to the defenseless Iris?! You once again shout your instructions, reminding her to shield herself with her next move. Acknowledging your instructions, the hellhound belches out a wave of purple smoke that quickly fills the cave with a noxious substance that makes you cough.
    On one hand, coupled with the lack of natural light, Iris is now almost invisible; on the other hand, the confined space is now intoxicating and none of the three occupants will be able to endure the atmosphere for long – yourself included! You can only hope that the Smog clears out through the tunnel that leads out of the cave before you choke…

Nevertheless, the tactic appears to have worked; Mamoswine is looking around confused, unable to spot the hound, and the hunter suddenly becomes the prey. You realize that not even you can pinpoint Iris’s location, and it isn’t until a faint orange glow shines through the smoke, directly behind Mamoswine, that you can tell where she is; soon thereafter, an impressively large cloud of flames is shot, engulfing the mammoth almost completely and making it roar in pain, the Flamethrower scoring a direct – and invaluable – hit!

Irritated, hurt and angry, the Mamoswine appears to be giving out, gasping for air. Still unable to track its opponent, and with the poisonous gas making it hard for it to breathe, frustration sets in even deeper, and the behemoth stomps the ground repeatedly and with increased violence. As expected, the shockwaves beneath your feet multiply, signifying the start of another Earthquake! Was this same move responsible for the landslide that made you fall down here?

The tremors become stronger and stronger, to the point where you lose your balance and fall to the ground once more. And from there, you watch in horror as large cracks begin to form across the cave’s ceiling, a déjà vu from the incident with those three Beartic…

You clench your fists; you will not allow it to happen again, you can’t have what happened to Pandora repeat itself with Iris! If the situation was dire before, with the vile Smog covering the area and making you cough spastically, now it’s even more imperative that you wrap this up quickly and make it to the tunnel! Whatever your next instructions are, they’ll have to be decisive – Mamoswine is definitely in bad shape, but you can’t tell how much damage the Earthquake did to Iris in these conditions…

What will you do?

Silver Ocean

Auronos Caverns

ApertureScience: Look here

The SS Leviathan Shipwreck

CyberBlastoise: ((I’ll need confirmation that your Lumineon doesn’t know Dive. If it does, it’s not listed in your Profile; if it doesn’t, then it won’t be able to join you when you move deeper into the Shipwreck, so please RP accordingly.))

You decided to traverse the famous Silver Ocean, one of the most sought-after tourist destinations in Cascadia. The purpose of your visit, however, was vastly different: you came to hunt for treasure. As most treasure hunters, you are quick to disregard danger in the prospect of sweet loot, but fortunately you carry a wise companion in the form of Swift, the Lumineon. Also accompanying you is the less down-to-earth Savage, who is every bit as eager as you to get things started.

One thing should have crossed your mind though: everyone and their mother has heard about the SS Leviathan Shipwreck. Only if the entire Cascadian Coastal Guard was a collection of idiots would they allow every hopeful trainer to rummage through the iconic landmark in search of the mythical bounty; unfortunately for you, they’re not.

As you approach the mast, you spot something else in the distance: two speedboats stationed in the calm waters, a Pokemon Ranger on each of them, overlooking the area for tourists who get too close to the Shipwreck. Seems they get a number of hopefuls on a daily basis, judging by their watchful expressions; it’s unlikely they’ll miss you if you keep swimming straight for the wreckage. There’s no way around it: trespassing any deeper into Shipwreck territory is a criminal offense in the eyes of the Cascadian Coastal Guard.

There are probably only three ways you can go around it: either give up and look for adventure elsewhere on the Silver Ocean; try talking your way into making the Coastal Guards let you through; or thoroughly break the law and find a way to sneak past them.

You exchange a brief gaze with both Swift and Savage, the looks on their faces making it painfully obvious which course of action each of them prefers….

What about you?

Venom Isle

Bane Forest

Ex-Admiral Insane: One simple mistake has dragged you into a world of trouble; if only your map-reading skills were a bit higher, you could be taking in the beauty of Lily Island’s Silver Forest right now… instead of trodding the seemingly-lifeless Bane Forest on Venom Isle. You tell yourself repeatedly that dismissing the ferryman’s insistence, you should have double-checked your instructions… At least Rags doesn’t seem to resent it.

The area around you is almost too depressing to be real. You’d heard the stories about how Bane Forest used to be prosperous and abundant in life and beauty – heck, everyone knew at least a handful of stories about this wretched place anyway, and nobody really believed them. Then again, nobody ever expects to actually wind up here either…

You and Rags decide to head deeper into the decayed woods, if nothing else to find something worth your time. Without a clear destination, you find yourselves wondering around for what seems like hours; it’s hard to tell with the perpetual haze that covers the place, a fog so think it’s almost impossible to see the sun. You don’t even want to think about what will happen when night falls…
    Each step you take feels and sounds wrong. Although there are countless leaves on the floor, not a single one cracks beneath your feet as they should; instead, the ground feels soft, almost too soft, as if the earth itself has gone putrid. It’s like you’re walking on death.

After a good while of travelling, you decide to stop; or rather, you’re forced to. You’ve been walking for so long that you have no idea where you are anymore, as there isn’t a single distinctive spot in the landscape to guide you. Wherever you look, all you see are near-fossilized trees, puddles of mud you reckon might be radioactive, and that horrible mist… Rags draws closer, afraid to lose sight of you. As much as it pains you to admit it, you’re lost…. again. Though, if there’s any consolation to be had, you weren’t carrying a local map this time.

Help…

What was that?! You look around startled… where did that voice come from? Or rather… those voices? You turn to Rags, who gives you an inquisitive look – seems he heard nothing. But you’re almost positive you did, a chorus of voices crying for help... Still the sound was so faint, it might have been your imagination.

What most definitely isn’t your imagination is the fact that, since you stopped to look for directions, you’ve had the feeling that all the trees around you were getting somehow… taller. You dismissed it at first, but there’s no questioning it now! That tree to your right was definitely smaller just minutes earlier… But how? They’re all dead, how can they be growing, especially at such an impossible rate? Unless…

- RAL, RU-RALRAL!!

Rags screams for your attention, and when you lay eyes on him again, you realize in horror that almost half its lower body is buried! And as you look down at your feet, you notice you can’t find them either – or most of your legs below the knee, for that matter! You’re sinking, and fast! Is this a quicksand pit?!

What do you do?

According to my research CyberBlastoise's Avatar

Exclamation Re: Cascadia

The SS Leviathan Shipwreck

CyberBlastoise: ((I’ll need confirmation that your Lumineon doesn’t know Dive. If it does, it’s not listed in your Profile; if it doesn’t, then it won’t be able to join you when you move deeper into the Shipwreck, so please RP accordingly.))

You decided to traverse the famous Silver Ocean, one of the most sought-after tourist destinations in Cascadia. The purpose of your visit, however, was vastly different: you came to hunt for treasure. As most treasure hunters, you are quick to disregard danger in the prospect of sweet loot, but fortunately you carry a wise companion in the form of Swift, the Lumineon. Also accompanying you is the less down-to-earth Savage, who is every bit as eager as you to get things started.

One thing should have crossed your mind though: everyone and their mother has heard about the SS Leviathan Shipwreck. Only if the entire Cascadian Coastal Guard was a collection of idiots would they allow every hopeful trainer to rummage through the iconic landmark in search of the mythical bounty; unfortunately for you, they’re not.

As you approach the mast, you spot something else in the distance: two speedboats stationed in the calm waters, a Pokemon Ranger on each of them, overlooking the area for tourists who get too close to the Shipwreck. Seems they get a number of hopefuls on a daily basis, judging by their watchful expressions; it’s unlikely they’ll miss you if you keep swimming straight for the wreckage. There’s no way around it: trespassing any deeper into Shipwreck territory is a criminal offense in the eyes of the Cascadian Coastal Guard.

There are probably only three ways you can go around it: either give up and look for adventure elsewhere on the Silver Ocean; try talking your way into making the Coastal Guards let you through; or thoroughly break the law and find a way to sneak past them.

You exchange a brief gaze with both Swift and Savage, the looks on their faces making it painfully obvious which course of action each of them prefers….

What about you?

OoC: Yeah, my Lumineon doesn't know Dive sadly. Also, I shoot them with an arrow
    And...this is why Bill needed to learn to prepare ahead rather than just jump straight through into yet another adventure. It was Pele's Ruins all over again. Though the fact that these guys are smarter than the Coastal guards in the Ocean of Mystery relieved Swift big time, as it meant that his trainer wouldn't be able to go into the ruins. These guys obviously knew what they were doing and just letting a trainer go through like that would be highly irresponsible of them.

Savage on the other hand just wanted to Dive quickly into the ship in hopes of collecting its bounty. Who cares if these guys are the authority, they should know better than to mess with these three after all. While the idea tempted Bill, he was not about to become a full criminal for a little glory. The trainer looked at his two Pokemon, both obviously having a different course of action in mind, one wanting to just leave before someone, namely Bill, gets hurt, and one wanting to charge straight through without a care in the world.

As much as Bill would like to head forward, he could try to talk to the guard and see if he could make a pass. And if they didn't, it wasn't like there weren't other areas to explore. This isn't the first time he did these type of expeditions after all Bill kept swimming much to Swift's dismay, but he followed suit nevertheless. He headed straight for one of them. "Excuse me! Sir!"

There he goes to make a fool of himself again, Swift thought.

Aduro Island

Geyser Park

Hayward: The Pokemon Center room is absolutely quiet, except from the sound of Croagunk’s feet as they patrol the area, keeping the hostages in check. You count a total of four, and that’s not even equating the possibility of more hiding behind the two closed doors at the far end of the room… Be that as it may, the odds are already stacked against you, so you decide to take things one step at a time – literally. You quickly devise a plan to whittle down the opposing forces one by one while remaining unnoticed; a herculean task that will require no small amount of luck either.

Fortunately for you, it seems the spunky Teddiursa has just the movepool to pull off something like this! Capitalizing on his unique abilities, you should have no problem singling out at least the first opponent, and as such, you order Urséo to use Sweet Scent.

Complying, the tiny cub silently blows a scented wave that travels ever-so-slowly toward the nearest Croagunk. Tilting its head, the frog Pokemon is immediately enticed, but before it can track the odor to its source, Urséo takes the opportunity to sharpen his claws, and the two of you proceed to play the waiting game. You can only pray that this works now, as the plan is already under way, because if it doesn’t… you fear the worst for the captives.

Croagunk turns around and follows the scent, marveled, wondering what eighth wonder of the world could emanate such a fragrance. Oblivious to its surroundings, it happily walks through the door leading out to the stairway, where you and Teddiursa lie in ambush. Just as the Poison Frog comes into view, Urséo immediately darts forward and Slashes it with his sharp claws, catching it off guard and almost knocking it out in one fell swoop! You find yourself wondering just how deceivingly powerful the small cub is, certainly far and above others of its kind that usually roam the wild, and you count yourself very lucky to have captured this particular specimen.

Before you can savour the small victory brought about by your sound strategy, however, Croagunk struggles back to its feet, but instead of fighting back, it begins inflating the sacs on its cheeks… wait, is it going to sound the alarm?!

Quickly, what do you do?!
    In the hallway adjacent the Pokémon Centre on the ground floor of a hospital on Cascadia's Aduro Island, the teenage trainer Will Hale watches as Croagunk gets knocked forcefully back by Urséo's suprprise Slash attack. The lad's grey green eyes grow wide in astonishment at his new partner's display of power, and for a brief moment, he wonders just how strong the tiny bear cub really is. As the Fighting Frog Pokémon laboriously picks itself up off the ground, Will recalls that the Croagunk specie has a reputation for not being the most gentlemanly of opponents in combat, and expecting it to retaliate, cautions Urséo to look sharp. However, to their surprise, Croagunk instead inflates its cheek sacs, which action Will instantly reasons most likely mean one of two things... either the poisonous pugilist is about call its mates for back up support, or else it's going to attempt to intimidate and distract Urséo using the bizarre guttural sounds its kind is famous for. Will, however, has no desire to find out which of the reasons it might be and quickly instructs Urséo to silence the Toxic Mouth Pokémon with a Headbutt.

Calculating that
    Urséo's Rocky Helmet should add to the damage output of his chosen strike, Will hopes they can knock Croagunk out for good with just one shot, then work up a plan to deal with the other three sneaky sentries. If not, perhaps the attack will at least momentarily stun the fighting frog and give Urséo the opportunity to get in another uncontested hit. In any case, Will realizes they need to be prepared for any form of retaliation from their foe, and so wastes no time in issuing further instructions to his furry comrade.

"If he's still standing after Headbutt," Will remarks in an under-the-breath voice, "go with a Fury Swipes-Slash combo!"
    Last edited by Hayward; 26th March 2013 at 03:25 PM.

fb | trades | pc

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast