Cascadia - Page 15
Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Cascadia

Default Re: Cascadia

Keep rollin’, rollin’, rollin’, rollin’…

----

Aduro Island

Geyser Park

Hayward: ((Welcome back! Could you please just fix your BMG sig? It isn't linking to your Serebii profile, and it'd help me a bit ;) ))

The earthquake increases in intensity… this can’t be just a regular geyser, it’s been going on for far too long!

You jump on Skarméo’s back and speed through the corridors to try and catch up to the man; sure enough, you’re almost reaching him after a little while, as he’s running away on foot. Just as you’re about to grab him from behind, a large boulder falls from the tunnel’s ceiling, hitting Skarmory’s left wing and making it veer and crash into the wall! You bump your left shoulder against the hard rock and feel something crack painfully. The man, meanwhile, stops briefly to look at you, possibly deciding whether to help you out or not… and resumes running.

Struggling to get back on your feet, you realize in shock that the whole tunnel is still shaking violently, and cracks are forming on the walls, as well as the ground itself! You urge Skarméo to get back up, which she does with little difficulty; her armored plating protected her completely. You hop back on top of her and resume the chase, but you can barely move your left arm – you must have dislocated your shoulder. Fighting through the pain, you spot the man in the distance again; he took some unexpected turns along the way, but being native to Aduro Isle, it’s as if Skarméo knows exactly where to go at every crossroads, even if you don’t expect her to have traversed these tunnels back then in the wild.

Your Skarmory speeds up and you hang on to her as best you can, wrapping only your right arm around her neck, and you almost fall down again when the man, and subsequently the bird, makes one last sharp turn…

Skarméo flies past the man and blocks his path. You jump down to the floor ready to confront him about taking off with Teddiursa, but a particularly violent tremor makes both of you lose your footing. Teddiusa is dropped and tumbles all the way to the right wall of the tunnel, just as a huge crack forms ominously on the ceiling…

You get back up just in time to dodge another falling boulder, and realize the whole tunnel is about to collapse! A fissure forms dangerously close to your feet and spreads through the ground, separating the man from the Teddiursa.

- This place… it’s all coming down! There’s no time… You win. Dammit, you win! Take the Teddiursa, you monster. I hope you die in here along with me, and if not, that justice be done on the outside! My village… my family… they’ll know I died protecting Aduro Island from the likes of you!!

Another boulder lands right next to the man, then another one… There’s no time to waste, the whole place is crashing down on your heads! You hurriedly look around trying to figure out what you can do; the fissure separating the man and the Teddiursa sets them too far apart. The man looks dejected, almost detached, and the tiny bear calls out to you in absolute fear. Your Skarmory may be able to pick one of them up in her claws in addition to carrying you on her back, but there’s no way she could carry all of you out at once! Your heart feels heavier than ever when the realization sets in: you can only save one of them…

What do you do?!

Aduron Chasm

takkupanda: Look here

Ruin Island

Amor Temple

Stark: Look here

Lily Island

The Red Forest

PikaGod: Look here

The Silver Forest

hen da man: Look here

King Ghidorah: Look here

jolteonjak: Look here

Crater Island

Iridi Beach

kaisap112: Look here

Brine Island

Salin City

Arc_Angel & lilbluecorsola: Look here

Ion Island

Storm Lake

Myahoo: Look here

Glacier Island

Boreal Wastelands

Trepie: The joy of freedom was short lived. Even though your plan worked almost to perfection, the possibility of having lost Pandora is too steep a cost to call this a victory…

As you and Ares scavenge the collapsed ice structure in search of the Cloyster, you keep the possibility of also releasing the Beartic in the back of your mind – and so does your Charizard, who is reluctant to carry on with the search. Still, you know your priorities, and rescuing Pandora is the only thing that matters now.

After a while of searching, with a large portion of the ice melted away by Ares’s Flamethrower, you’re forced to tell the dragon to stop: it’s preferable to start digging now than to risk further injuring Pandora if she’s hit with the attack on top of all that’s happened. But she has to be alive in the first place… Both you and your companion get to work, removing as much snow as you can each time, the cold touch of the frozen remains keeping your hands in constant pain. But it doesn’t matter, not now. Finally, you touch something with a different texture, and you realize it’s fur. Startled, you leap back, expecting to see the Beartic rise in anger and strike… but nothing happens. Wary, you reapproach the uncovered Pokemon… and realize it’s not moving. The Beartic is dead.

With an ever-increasing sense of urgency you resume digging, but your hands are barely usable by now, turned rigid and unresponsive by the sub-zero temperature. Falling to your knees you begin to despair, fearing for the fate of Pandora, and stricken with guilt as the whole plan was your idea – and having played her role to perfection, you didn’t even have a chance to thank her…

Just as darker thoughts begin to creep in, you’re brought out of your trance by the distant sound of a motor. Turning your head to the noise, you spot a snowmobile making its way toward you at great speed. It stops a few feet from where you are, and its two occupants run to meet you.

Fully equipped with orange snow gear, and without removing their helmets, it’s hard to describe the men. Without saying a word, they start moving around the wreckage with distinct purpose and impressive coordination; one pulls out a small monitor from his belt and motions for the other to head several steps to your right; afterwards, the second man plunges his hands into the snow and starts digging quickly, and after a short while calls his partner over and both resume digging. You can’t do much but watch, with pain, fatigue, despair and confusion having taken the best of you by now, but then you spot something purple emerge from where the men are digging; a purple spike. Hopping back to your feet, you approach the pair as they continue to remove snow and ice from the area, and it doesn’t take long for your assumption to be proven correct: it’s Pandora! But… her shell is closed shut, and doesn’t open even after the men pull her out in a joint effort. Is she alive?...

Finally, one of them turns to you and talks, his voice muffled by the helmet.

- This yours, kid? It’s in bad shape – could be dead. With your permission, we’d like to take it to our facilities to see what we can do – and you’ll probably appreciate a roof over your head as well.

Without really waiting for an answer, they lay Pandora at your feet and head over to the Beartic while you think it over.

- Dead. Terry, samples. If we can’t use live specimens, at least we can match tissue for compatibility, Beartic DNA is pliable.

You can’t help but overhear their conversation. Samples? Specimens? Just what kind of people are they, and why did they rush to the scene like that? Furthermore, how did they even know what had happened? You’re in the middle of nowhere!

Their approach is suspicious and their conversation is making you uncomfortable; on the other hand, they may be the only ones who can provide medical care both for yourself and Pandora – who still isn’t showing any signs of life… and then there’s the snowmobile they left just a few feet from your position. You could make a run for it and take it, especially since the battle and the harsh climate have taken their toll on Ares, and he won’t be able to fly you around for long anymore, but where would you go?…

What do you do?

Silver Ocean

Auronos Caverns

ApertureScience: You aren’t exactly off to the greatest start. Chilling out one moment, fighting a hungry shark the next with no help in sight for miles around…

Maxwell is swimming for his dear life, trying to outrun the Sharpedo – with little success – while paying attention to your orders. As you instruct him to go on the defensive with Aqua Ring, he slows down briefly to focus, and the predator takes its chance to speed up and Bite his arm ferociously!

Struggling to break free from the hold, in visible pain, Maxwell somehow musters up the strength to yank his arm away. You can’t assess the damage from where you are, but forcefully pulling away from a row of sharp teeth must have left a mark… You’re worried sick for Max’s safety now, but there’s not much you can do other than continue the battle!

Your Buizel dutifully summons several blue orbs that envelope him, but before he can consume one, the Sharpedo goes back on the offensive, this time moving in for an even deadlier Crunch!! Yet somehow, maybe by pure instinct, Max dodges the charge at the last second by submerging briefly, then resurfacing behind the disoriented shark. And then…

He raises his fingers and starts motioning them rhythmically, the tips glowing white before fading… It’s all riding on this one. The odds of a helpful move in the water, against a faster and stronger opponent, are very slim… From all the maneuvers to be executed, what’s the likelihood that it’ll actually do any good here?

Maxwell’s eyes start glowing with a blue hue, he arches his body back… and unleashes the largest stream of water you’ve ever seen, much larger than someone his size should be able to muster. Even from where you’re standing the move is clear to you… it’s a massive Water Spout!! The blast hits Sharpedo dead on, and effective or not, the sheer force of the jet propels the attacker so far it’s suddenly out of your field of vision!

Gasping for air, visibly exhausted and in pain, your Buizel takes a brief moment to consume an orb and recover before swimming back to you as fast as he can. Worried, you take a look at his arm… it’s bleeding from two deep cuts, and the salt water has to be making the pain even worse. He needs medical assistance, but you’re stranded in the middle of nowhere! Lucky as you were to fend off the threat, you’re still not in the clear, and you realize that whatever you do has to be quick in case the Sharpedo comes back.

Trying to think of something, anything, you fail to notice Maxwell calling for your attention until he hits you in the arm. Brought back to Earth, you see he’s telling you to look in the distance, in the same direction the Sharpedo was propelled. Was it coming back?! No… it was a noise… the sound of an engine! Squinting, you spot a speedboat headed straight in your direction. Even more bad news, or the second lucky break in a row?...

The boat slows down as it draws closer; at least you’re not getting rammed. Coming to a halt, the single occupant leans over and extends a hand, which you instinctively grab – you don’t really have much in the way of options, and this might be your chance to get Maxwell fixed up. You look at your apparent rescuer – no more than 20 years old, you guess, with short blonde hair combed to the side, light-blue eyes and clean-shaven. The look on his face appears to be one of admiration and surprise, as he stares at you for a good while before speaking, as if measuring you up.

- Dude, that was insane! Your Buizel is off the charts!! You gotta be an awesome Trainer to have it pull off an attack like that, how long did it take for you to teach it to him?!

As he raves about your feat, deeply convinced that it was entirely a matter of skill, you give him a confused look. He witnessed the whole fight? He catches your stare and interrupts himself.

- I’m sorry man, I think I owe you an explanation. My name’s Sean, I’m a Gym Leader at Brine Island’s Salin City. And if you can’t guess by my name… - he reaches for a Pokeball in his belt and shows it to you – then I should tell you that the Sharpedo you just fought… is mine.

Suddenly, you’re at a loss. This guy might be your only hope of healing Maxwell… but he’s the one responsible for his injury in the first place! The hell was he thinking?!

- Look, I know you’re probably pissed. You have every right to be… But I had to know if I could count on you. You see, I spotted you with my binoculars a while ago, and I could tell you’re not just deepsea diving here by chance. You’re after something, and well, so am I! But what I’m looking for ain’t just any old cave of legend, filled with loot that may or may not be rusty kitchenware. I’m after something a lot more valuable, and a lot more dangerous… and I can’t do it on my own! So when I saw you, I had to test your mettle, get it? And man, did you deliver! I don’t think any of my own Water-Types could pull off a move like that, you’re the man! So…

He opens his backpack and retrieves a Super Potion, which he hands to Maxwell and urges him to drink.

- … you in? With our combined talents – and my diving gear, which you seem to lack -, I’m sure we’ll find some amazing stuff in no time! What’s a little danger for a wicked Trainer like you?!

Sean is deeply convinced that you’re the greatest Trainer he’s ever seen, not once contemplating the possibility that Maxwell doesn’t really know the Water Spout it used. He seems intent on finding something in particular, which may be completely irrelevant to you and even put you in harm’s way. On the other hand, he does have proper equipment which could help you in your own adventure, and it’s right there on the far end of the speedboat…

A number of possibilities are at your disposal now. How will you deal with this man, after all he has said and done?
    Last edited by MarbleZone; 6th January 2013 at 09:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MarbleZone View Post

----

Glacier Island

Boreal Wastelands

Trepie: The joy of freedom was short lived. Even though your plan worked almost to perfection, the possibility of having lost Pandora is too steep a cost to call this a victory…

As you and Ares scavenge the collapsed ice structure in search of the Cloyster, you keep the possibility of also releasing the Beartic in the back of your mind – and so does your Charizard, who is reluctant to carry on with the search. Still, you know your priorities, and rescuing Pandora is the only thing that matters now.

After a while of searching, with a large portion of the ice melted away by Ares’s Flamethrower, you’re forced to tell the dragon to stop: it’s preferable to start digging now than to risk further injuring Pandora if she’s hit with the attack on top of all that’s happened. But she has to be alive in the first place… Both you and your companion get to work, removing as much snow as you can each time, the cold touch of the frozen remains keeping your hands in constant pain. But it doesn’t matter, not now. Finally, you touch something with a different texture, and you realize it’s fur. Startled, you leap back, expecting to see the Beartic rise in anger and strike… but nothing happens. Wary, you reapproach the uncovered Pokemon… and realize it’s not moving. The Beartic is dead.

With an ever-increasing sense of urgency you resume digging, but your hands are barely usable by now, turned rigid and unresponsive by the sub-zero temperature. Falling to your knees you begin to despair, fearing for the fate of Pandora, and stricken with guilt as the whole plan was your idea – and having played her role to perfection, you didn’t even have a chance to thank her…

Just as darker thoughts begin to creep in, you’re brought out of your trance by the distant sound of a motor. Turning your head to the noise, you spot a snowmobile making its way toward you at great speed. It stops a few feet from where you are, and its two occupants run to meet you.

Fully equipped with orange snow gear, and without removing their helmets, it’s hard to describe the men. Without saying a word, they start moving around the wreckage with distinct purpose and impressive coordination; one pulls out a small monitor from his belt and motions for the other to head several steps to your right; afterwards, the second man plunges his hands into the snow and starts digging quickly, and after a short while calls his partner over and both resume digging. You can’t do much but watch, with pain, fatigue, despair and confusion having taken the best of you by now, but then you spot something purple emerge from where the men are digging; a purple spike. Hopping back to your feet, you approach the pair as they continue to remove snow and ice from the area, and it doesn’t take long for your assumption to be proven correct: it’s Pandora! But… her shell is closed shut, and doesn’t open even after the men pull her out in a joint effort. Is she alive?...

Finally, one of them turns to you and talks, his voice muffled by the helmet.

- This yours, kid? It’s in bad shape – could be dead. With your permission, we’d like to take it to our facilities to see what we can do – and you’ll probably appreciate a roof over your head as well.

Without really waiting for an answer, they lay Pandora at your feet and head over to the Beartic while you think it over.

- Dead. Terry, samples. If we can’t use live specimens, at least we can match tissue for compatibility, Beartic DNA is pliable.

You can’t help but overhear their conversation. Samples? Specimens? Just what kind of people are they, and why did they rush to the scene like that? Furthermore, how did they even know what had happened? You’re in the middle of nowhere!

Their approach is suspicious and their conversation is making you uncomfortable; on the other hand, they may be the only ones who can provide medical care both for yourself and Pandora – who still isn’t showing any signs of life… and then there’s the snowmobile they left just a few feet from your position. You could make a run for it and take it, especially since the battle and the harsh climate have taken their toll on Ares, and he won’t be able to fly you around for long anymore, but where would you go?…

What do you do?
    Waving his hand, signaling Ares to stop using flamethrower. He had melted most of the major chunks of ice and it wasn't worth risking more damage to Pandora. Rushing over to the slush and frigid water, Auric began to dig with Ares following suit. Slowly and scoop by scoop they removed as much snow as they could. Auric was used to the cold, but this was extreme even for him. His hands were numb and his whole body ached, but he couldn't stop. Suddenly the texture of the snow felt different. Fur. Auric stumbled back slightly in case the creature rose in a fury. Ares was ready to give it his all, but sadly and luckily the Beartic made no movement. It was dead.

Falling to his knees "Pandora...." was all he could manage to say. Every ounce of his strength wanted to keep digging but his whole body felt too heavy to move. He hadn't been this cold since he first hatched Ares. His hands were on the verge of frost bite. Ares groaned and moved his tail flame closer to Auric to try and keep him warm and melting the ice crystals that had started forming on his damp jacket. He tried to call for Pandora again but no words would come out.

Auric almost thought he was dreaming when the sound of an engine grew in the distance. A sound on the edge of hearing, muffled by the cruel north wind. Ares extending his wings as if to intimidate any threat. Auric struggled to his feet just in time to see the headlight come into view. It was a snowmobile. The men driving it slid to a stop and wasted no time making their way to the wreckage of the ice cave. Neither Auric or Ares were entirely sure of the men. They seemed equipped and organized but exactly who were they and what were they doing out here in the middle of the night. Looking on Auric watched as they began to dig in the snow. In no time they uncovered the outer reaches of Pandora's shell. Auric stood as one of the men came closer dragging Pandora across the snow.

"This yours, kid? It’s in bad shape – could be dead. With your permission, we’d like to take it to our facilities to see what we can do – and you’ll probably appreciate a roof over your head as well." The man said laying her down in front of Auric before heading back to the collapse.

Auric bent down and pressed his ear up against her shell. "I'm here Pandora. I'm so sorry. I'm going to get you help." he said resting for a moment before turning his attention back to the two men in orange digging through the snow. They seemed interested in taking samples from the deceased Beartic for some reason, perhaps too much interest. Still their offer was looking like his only option for now. Pandora needed help and there were no pokemon centers any where near by. Looking to Ares he could see he was completely winded. The snowmobile was an option but stealing it seemed overly aggressive when they hadn't done anything to warrant such an act.

Pulling out her pokeball Auric recalled Pandora and then turned to Ares with his Fireball in hand. "You too Ares. You need a break." Auric said fighting his urge to just lay down and sleep. Ares shook his head in protest knowing how cold Auric was. "No arguing. You know I've got ice in my veins, I've been colder than this before and was just fine. If I need you I'll call you back out." He said as Ares was pulled back into his pokeball.

Bundling his coat up the best he could manage Auric made his way over to the strangers in the snow. "If you can help us, if you can help Pandora I'll go. But she goes no where without me. I'm not letting her out of my sight, understood?" Auric said standing in the cold shivering. "No offense, but I don't trust strangers with my team and this whole situation is very bizarre." It wasn't a lie. He was often anxious handing his pokeballs to anyone he didn't know and if he had to hand Pandora over, even for her own health, he wouldn't leave her side until he knew she was ok. The cold air was starting to sting his lungs and he wasn't sure how much longer he would be able to keep standing. "I'll be waiting on the back of your snowmobile." Turning he made his way to their snowmobile, leaving them to finish what ever work they were doing in the snow.

A thousand thoughts were racing through his head as he sat on the seat. He really didn't want to trust these men. They were looking for something. Something important to them if they're out here in the wastelands in the middle of the night. For now he would have to trust that they could help Pandora and not expect anything too crazy or atrocious in return.
    Fizzy Bubbles
    Trade Post

Current Team
    --------
    ----------

----

Aduro Island

Geyser Park

Hayward: ((Welcome back! Could you please just fix your BMG sig? It isn't linking to your Serebii profile, and it'd help me a bit ;) ))

The earthquake increases in intensity… this can’t be just a regular geyser, it’s been going on for far too long!

You jump on Skarméo’s back and speed through the corridors to try and catch up to the man; sure enough, you’re almost reaching him after a little while, as he’s running away on foot. Just as you’re about to grab him from behind, a large boulder falls from the tunnel’s ceiling, hitting Skarmory’s left wing and making it veer and crash into the wall! You bump your left shoulder against the hard rock and feel something crack painfully. The man, meanwhile, stops briefly to look at you, possibly deciding whether to help you out or not… and resumes running.

Struggling to get back on your feet, you realize in shock that the whole tunnel is still shaking violently, and cracks are forming on the walls, as well as the ground itself! You urge Skarméo to get back up, which she does with little difficulty; her armored plating protected her completely. You hop back on top of her and resume the chase, but you can barely move your left arm – you must have dislocated your shoulder. Fighting through the pain, you spot the man in the distance again; he took some unexpected turns along the way, but being native to Aduro Isle, it’s as if Skarméo knows exactly where to go at every crossroads, even if you don’t expect her to have traversed these tunnels back then in the wild.

Your Skarmory speeds up and you hang on to her as best you can, wrapping only your right arm around her neck, and you almost fall down again when the man, and subsequently the bird, makes one last sharp turn…

Skarméo flies past the man and blocks his path. You jump down to the floor ready to confront him about taking off with Teddiursa, but a particularly violent tremor makes both of you lose your footing. Teddiusa is dropped and tumbles all the way to the right wall of the tunnel, just as a huge crack forms ominously on the ceiling…

You get back up just in time to dodge another falling boulder, and realize the whole tunnel is about to collapse! A fissure forms dangerously close to your feet and spreads through the ground, separating the man from the Teddiursa.

- This place… it’s all coming down! There’s no time… You win. Dammit, you win! Take the Teddiursa, you monster. I hope you die in here along with me, and if not, that justice be done on the outside! My village… my family… they’ll know I died protecting Aduro Island from the likes of you!!

Another boulder lands right next to the man, then another one… There’s no time to waste, the whole place is crashing down on your heads! You hurriedly look around trying to figure out what you can do; the fissure separating the man and the Teddiursa sets them too far apart. The man looks dejected, almost detached, and the tiny bear calls out to you in absolute fear. Your Skarmory may be able to pick one of them up in her claws in addition to carrying you on her back, but there’s no way she could carry all of you out at once! Your heart feels heavier than ever when the realization sets in: you can only save one of them…

What do you do?!

In an underground cavern on volcanic Aduro Isle, Will watches with a startled expression as a fissure forms close to his feet then zigzags wildly across the ground like ice cracking on a frozen pond, an action which causes the rocky floor to split into various pieces and isolates Teddiursa, the man, and Will from one another. The native Cascadian man screams angry words at Will, accusing him once again of being a troublemaker, yet the lad simply chooses to ignore the hateful diatribe, realizing that there must be more to the story than what the man has told him during their brief encounter earlier. Regardless, the only concern on Will’s mind at the moment is how to rescue both the man and Teddiursa and get them, along with himself and his own Pokémon comrades, out of this dangerous place before they’re all smashed flat by the falling debris. Will quickly glances around the cavern, then dragging a hand through his short brown hair, thinks hard to come up with a plan.

On a jagged cliff to one side of the cavern, Will’s attacker wears a depressed and distant look on his face, and Will wonders if the man might be thinking about his family and how he might not ever get the chance to see them or his village again. Opposite the man, but totally separated by the perilous fissure, the helpless Teddiursa clings desperately to its craggy precipice and wails at the top of its lungs, its panicked cries just barely audible amidst the din of the crashing rubbles. The pitiful noise does find its way to Will's ears though and causes his heart to break in two with sadness. At his side, Will’s trusted Skarmory, Skarméo, claws the ground and patiently awaits her trainer’s instructions. Will knows the steel condor is a powerful flyer and incredibly strong and agile, however he relents that even she would be hard pressed to carry two people and another Pokémon, without sacrificing the ability to effortlessly dodge all the boulders that continue to rain down from the collapsing ceiling above.

After a moment of further contemplation, Will admits to Skarméo that as he sees it, there is only one way, and a bit of arisky one at that, to save both the man and Teddiursa and still escape to safety before the whole place crumbles down around them for good. Skarméo kaws her willingness to help, and not wasting any more time, Will hops nimbly onto her back and says that she'll have to pick up the man with her claws, while he focuses his efforts on Teddiursa. Skarméo gives an understanding nod while Will reaches into the grey side-strap messenger bag he carries at his side and withdraws a candy-coated Pokéball. As the giant metal bird takes to the air, Will clings to her neck with his bad arm and momentarily recalls that if a Pokédex holder who travels with a full squad of six Pokémon catches another teammate in the wild, then the new capture would instantly be sent to the Pokémon Storage System for safe keeping, an event which he hopes to take full advantage of in light of their present predicament. Will hollers out to Teddiursa not to worry as he intends to rescue it from this death trap then voices his encouragement to be brave and hang on just a little while longer. Taking careful aim at the tiny bear cub, he tosses the chocolatey containment orb forward with his good arm and puts on a bitter grin, hoping that it doesn’t already belong to another trainer…
    Last edited by Hayward; 12th January 2013 at 11:06 AM.

fb | trades | pc

Brine Island

Salin City

Arc_Angel & lilbluecorsola: The Kabutops sensed the urgency of Stacey’s request. After making sure that her Trainer is ready, he shoots forward almost faster than the eye can see, propelled by an Aqua Jet that sends parts of the hastily-assembled barricade flying everywhere. Police officers on the scene begin swearing, having had enough of just about everyone breaking through their security measures; clearly, not a good day to roll off of bed.

Shattering a ground floor window, Wraith successfully enters the building. Leaping down from his back, soaked to the bone because of the unorthodox method of transportation, you look around alarmed. You’re in an empty room! Fortunately most of the flames in this division are out, probably a joint effort between the POLT and your own Rain Dance… but that’s where the good news end. You hear some commotion coming somewhere from your right, and you hurriedly motion for Wraith to follow you; Jess and Felicia are probably still in entrance hall! The door is closed, standard procedure in limiting the spread of house fires, and some rubble piled up in front of it. Cursing, you and your Kabutops start dislodging everything that’s blocking the door as fast as you can; Jess needs you!

----

Atzu turns to Jess for a brief moment; he clearly doesn’t see the logic behind the orders she issued, until their true purpose dawns on him. As soon as Haruki has her Barrier in place, the Azumarill lets loose a stream of magical chocolate, covering as much of the Electrode as he can. Before its entire surface is coated however, Atzu realizes the Electrode is glowing as much as it ever will, which means no time to finish, he needs to switch to Ice Beam now!

As you pull the mentally unstable young woman close to you, you feel Atzu’s concern, realizing in horror that it may not be possible to contain the explosion adequately. But if he fails… if it doesn’t work, you’ll die! With nothing more to be done, you close your eyes prepare for the worst... How does one prepare for something like this? For death?

- Poliwrath, Ice Beam!!

Senior Agent Gouka’s voice suddenly echoes through the hall, loud and determined, and you find yourself opening your eyes again, expecting a miracle. Just as Atzu unleashes his own Ice Beam, a large Poliwrath next to the POLT Officer does the same, their combined power freezing the Electrode over much faster than Chocolate Magic had. And time ran out.

----

You finally manage to get the door open, in large part thanks to Wraith’s strength, and rush to the entrance hall. Just as you reach it, a large chunk of ice flies dangerously close to your face and shatters against a nearby wall, as do a number of other frozen projectiles across the hall.

You look around trying to understand what just happened. And why does the place smell of chocolate after a fire?! You quickly spot Jess, thank God, as well as the crazy girl called Felicia, taking cover behind a Shiny Corsola’s Barrier. And judging by the amount of ice in front Haruki’s shield, it’s a good thing they did. Three POLT officers are also in there, apparently recalling their Pokemon; two of them are staring at poor Jess with a look of sheer disbelief, while the tallest, oldest-looking one conveys no visible emotion.

You run over to check on your friend just as Haruki dispels the Barrier, looking exhausted. As you kneel next to her, the tall POLT officer approaches you. After a moment of silence, he helps the three of you up, and turns to Jess.

- I apologize for my earlier approach. Had I realized you were one of them, I would have instead requested your collaboration instead of turning you away like a regular civilian.

He motions for the other POLTs to gather samples of the remains.

- Your Chocolate Magic and Ice Beam combination was masterfully planned, especially at such a critical moment. That Electrode would have wiped us out otherwise; if you weren’t here, my Poliwrath’s Ice Beam alone would have been obviously insufficient, and Lord knows how dependable those two scrubs are. But as gifted as you are, I cannot endanger you further. If there’s anything you need from inside this building let me know, and I’ll personally retrieve it for you. Otherw…

Suddenly, five police officers burst through the front door, trying their best to look professional even after blunder with the repeated security breaches. They grab hold of the three of you and are about to cuff you when Wraith ominously steps forward. They stop for a moment, unsure of what to do, until one of them addresses Gouka, stammering.

- S-s-sir, we have orders t-to remove all civs from the building and take them to the p-precinct for questioning. They’re being charged with breaking and entering, as well as d-disrupting police work. We…

- And what fine work that was, officer. Please do escort them out, but you are not to arrest them under any circumstance. At least one of them is a User*. – the policeman’s eyes widen upon hearing this. - I am the highest authority figure on site at the moment, and you’ll answer to me. These civilians just averted a second catastrophe, so you can overlook them stomping all over your impeccable perimeter. Make sure they get out safely, but that will be all officer.

Senior Agent Gouka shakes Jess’s hand, and tries his hardest to smile. It comes off terribly, thanks to the lack of practice, but the thought should count.

- I will deliver a preliminary report to the local authorities after we conclude our searches. Contact them if you wish to know our findings, tell them I sent you; word spreads quickly when it needs to. Thank you once more for your help, Miss. Dismissed, officers.

- Y-yes sir. As you wish, sir. My apologies, ladies…

After you’re taken outside, Felicia’s father comes to meet you. You can’t quite read his expression, but he’s no doubt grateful to see his daughter safe. The girl, however, remains absolutely silent, eyes fixed on the floor.

- I… I am so very sorry for all of this. I cannot thank you enough, nor express my remorse for everything you went through… I feel I owe you in the very least an explanation. I’ll answer everything to the best of my ability… however offensive or angry you might wish to be. I take full responsibility for Felicia’s actions.

This was certainly not the best way to end an otherwise perfect day. You risked your lives for a woman you barely know, apparently for nothing… If you feel you’ve had enough of this crazy family, you might want to excuse yourselves and head elsewhere. You need to ask yourselves just how much of this incident you’re willing to put behind you if you really wish to move on though… between the fire caused by Electrodes, clearly a criminal act, to the number of casualties that you don’t even know, to this troubled woman and her obsession with a dead sister, there might be too much going on to ignore completely. And who knows? Senior Agent Gouka said you were special… surely there’s something you can do for Salin City after all that has happened.

Between getting an explanation out of this old man and looking for other ways to help around… what do you do?

((*term that ties in with another updatee’s story, since the universe is the same.))
    Stacey climbed onto Wraith's back getting a good grip on his armour whilst he looked over his shoulder, he wasn't sure if this was a good idea but his trainer had ordered it and he would comply. Once he was sure she was secure he braced himself summoning his element of water all around him. Stacey gasped as the cold water engulfed her but quickly held her breath marvelling at the view from within the bubble. Soon the bubble exploded as Wraith propelled himself forward with his Aqua Jet smashing through the police barrier leaving the men and women cursing the further intrusion to their locked down building. Stacey daren't look, she felt like her body was moving at the speed of light and she feared her eyes would be ripped from their sockets if she did. Wraith smashed through a ground floor window, the glass harmlessly bouncing off his hide, the rest propelled away by the water and came to a stop the water splashing to the floor as he ended the move. Stacey blinked away the water from her eyes and gingerly got off his back wringing the water from her hair before taking a look around the room ... it was empty! At least the fire wasn't present here and the water covering them both would protect them from any remnant heat. Suddenly they hear a commotion coming from the right and Stacey was quick to recall why they were here and rushed to that side of the room. There was a door barring their way to the commotion, obviously done so by those trying to minimise the spread of the fire and various items had been piled in front of it to aid in this ... it was so inconvenient. Stacey swore under her breath and begin digging items out and flinging them across the room. Wraith looked amused at this for a moment before joining it his scythes slicing away.

They finally break through the door and as they go careening through Stacey's eyes go wide as an explosion fills the small space a large chunk of ice narrowly missing her head along with several smaller pieces of ice that smash against the walls. Stacey looked around a panic wrinkling her nose against the smell of cooking chocolate, what the hell had happened? Finally she spotted Jess who looked a little frazzled but okay and she let out the breath she was holding. She was standing behind her shiny Corsola who had his Barrier in place, the strange girl Felicia was cowering behind it too and they were backed up by three POLT members who were recalling their Pokemon. Stacey noticed the look of disbelief on their faces and she rushed to meet Jess kneeling down and embracing her whispering in her ear.

"I'm so glad you're okay, dammit Jess you need to be more careful" she said full of worry but it was more relief that filled her voice. She felt Jess shivering slightly in her arms and wondered if it was from the near-death experience she had or Stacey's cold wet clothes. "Kristen is safe, she's in her Pokeball, after I found out that you were trying to save a dead girl, I had to make sure you didn't join her but you've handled yourself well". Wraith stalked near to the elite police team his gaze steely, he wasn't taking any chances with these humans. Haruki looked exhausted but he had done such a good job.

A member of POLT approached them and offered a helping hand, one Stacey stared at for a while before accepting it.

"I apologize for my earlier approach. Had I realized you were one of them, I would have instead requested your collaboration instead of turning you away like a regular civilian" One of them what did he mean by that? Stacey wondered as he looked on with wonder in his eyes at Jess.

"Your Chocolate Magic and Ice Beam combination was masterfully planned, especially at such a critical moment. That Electrode would have wiped us out otherwise; if you weren’t here, my Poliwrath’s Ice Beam alone would have been obviously insufficient, and Lord knows how dependable those two scrubs are. But as gifted as you are, I cannot endanger you further. If there’s anything you need from inside this building let me know, and I’ll personally retrieve it for you. Otherw…" he was interrupted by the noisy arrival of 5 police officers forcing their way through the door. Their gazes locked on the three woman before them stormed forward yanking Stacey away from Jess and beginning to pull out handcuffs. Stacey growled and ripped her arm free as Wraith stepped between them a glutteral growl low in his throat as he dared them to try that again. They looked unsure of themselves with the ferocious Kabutops giving him a deathly glare. On of them managed to find their voice long enough to stammer out that they were being arrested and he had orders to lead them to the police station for questioning.

'Oh hell no, you can try mate but I'm not going anywhere,' Stacey thought her eyes darkening to match her Kabutops, he wasn't the only one who could hurt the men. The leader of the current POLT squad named Agent Gouka stepped forward and praises Jess on her work and allowed the police officer to escort them out but defended their actions. He mentioned Jess being a user again and Stacey frowned, it made her sound like she did drugs, what was a user anyway? Gouka shook Jess's hand, she still looked shell shocked and he attempted to smile at her but it came off forced and crooked, this man must never be happy.

"I will deliver a preliminary report to the local authorities after we conclude our searches. Contact them if you wish to know our findings, tell them I sent you; word spreads quickly when it needs to. Thank you once more for your help, Miss. Dismissed, officers." The police officer quivered offered an apology and escorted the three ladies and their Pokemon out of the building. Wraith got really close to the officer who dared to touch his trainer and snorted in his face as he scurried away. Felicia's father approaches the trio and holds his daughter closely thanking them for the help they gave in rescuing her and offers an explanation for her actions taking responsibility for her. Stacey was annoyed with the crazy young girl but if she was out of her mind then her actions were not of her own doing and she couldn't hate her for that. Sure their relaxing meet up had turned into anything but and she had plans to push these kind of experiences behind but she couldn't help to think that she attracted this kind of danger regardless of her desire to be apart from it. It seemed inevitable and after everything that went on and with all the questions in her mind an explanation would ease her mind, she didn't like being kept in the dark. She was pretty sure that Jess felt the same, and the fact that Agent Gouka though she was special, she knew the younger woman would want to look more into that.

"Whatever you can tell us to explain any of this would be greatly appreciated," Stacey said feeling her public speech course coming into effect as was politer than she thought she would be. Giving him a small smile "and a towel wouldn't go amiss" she said jokingly trying to break the tension in the air. Stacey turned to Jess squeezing her hand before giving her her Pokeballs back. She released Dwemer from his Cyberball, the small Golett blinking in confusion, she thought that he'd like to know what was going on too having missed out on the action. She kept Wraith out, the fact that he intimidated the fuzz made her feel better.
    FB Hellions: P.C:

Let yourself go, let the fear in you show, for we are all alone, till the cold force of death soaks us to the bone

Ion Island

Storm Lake

Myahoo: Cam clenches his fist upon hearing your final decision. His expression hardens but he doesn’t answer you directly; instead, his only words for now are directed at his Pokemon.

- Ampharos, use Flash to spot her Cyndaquil through the smoke, and counter his Extrasensory with your Signal Beam!

The Light Pokemon is a particularly bad opponent to use blinding tactics on, as you soon realize. Just as your Cyndaquil expels a cloud of black smoke, the gem on Ampharos’s forehead glows briefly before exploding in a flash of light so strong that your own eyes hurt. And sure enough, that provides the opponent with all the visibility it needs to see the Extrasensory stream fly in its direction, allowing counter with a Signal Beam at the same time! Both energy blasts collide with impressive force, sending a shockwave through the makeshift arena that whips up sand all around the combatants. Wildfire, due to its smaller size, is pushed back and loses its footing, falling on its back before getting up quickly… but Cam is intent on capitalizing on the small window of opportunity.

- Ampharos, there’s your opening, go for Confuse Ray!

Glowing purple, your opponent shoots several orbs in Wildfire’s direction just as it gets back to its feet, enveloping it briefly before dispersing into thin air. Urging your partner to strike with Nature Power, you watch in horror as the Cyndaquil instead sticks its snout in the sand again, as it had done before, oblivious to your command. Confusion having taken the better of him, he is unable to carry out your order, and is wide open for whatever attack Ampharos launches next…

- The strategy was sound… but straightforward.

You look at Cam; instead of focusing on his Pokemon, his attention is now turned to you, but is expression remains unchanged… sad.

- You think like a regular Trainer. You don’t account for the unforeseen events, for the surprises. All action, but so little reaction… that’s not how the world works; not how the struggle will work. When Zapdos and Raikou fight again, whenever that may be, there will be moments of pure chaos, confusion… Other times, you will be paralyzed with fear, unable to move. You know in theory what that means in a Pokemon battle, but this isn’t theory anymore! Show me you can overcome this confusion, and show me you won’t be paralyzed, by fear or electricity! Because there will be plenty of both in the near future, Melissa… Ampharos, Thunder Wave, then wipe it out with a Thunder !

The Ampharos’s body begins crackling with electricity, small sparks dancing from its fur as it prepares to put an early end to the match…

What do you do?
    Melissa cursed under her breath when the Ampharos blasted away Wildfire's Smokescreen with a Flash. Apparently she hadn't been thinking quite clearly when she gave her orders. She used a hand to shade her eyes from the explosion of energy where the Signal Beam and Extrasensory collided and sucked in a breath when the Confuse Ray was ordered. Please don't get hit, please don't get hit, please don't get hit... she hoped, watching intently as the purple orbs bee-lined for her starter and sighing when he shoves his snout back into the sand. She cursed silently, running a hand through her hair.

"The strategy was sound...but straightforward."

She wanted to glare at the ranger, but restrained herself. Yes, she already knew she messed up; no need to rub it in even more. And with that sad expression...she could feel another speech coming along.

"You think like a regular Trainer. You don't account for the unforseen events, for the surprises. All action, but so little reaction... that's not how the world works; not how the struggle will work. When Zapdos and Raikou fight again, whenever that may be, there will be moments of pure chaos, confusion... Other times, you will be paralyzed with fear, unable to move. You know in theory what that means in a Pokemon battle, but this isn't theory anymore! Show me you can overcome this confusion, and show me you won't be paralyzed by fear or electricity! Because there will be plenty of both in the near future, Melissa... Ampharos, Thunder Wave, then wipe it out with a Thunder!"

She absently thought he must be a talkative sort of guy because he just kept on with those speeches, saying things she'd already thought about, if only on the peripheries of her mind. Still, the confusion was definitely gonna make things difficult. She really should have gone with her first plan, even if she didn't know whether the sand really could carry a current, but it could still work once Wildfire snapped out of his confusion.

In the meantime..."Wildfire," she called, hoping that her voice would at least reach him. "Heat Wave to counter the Thunder Wave, then use Wild Charge." Hopefully, those'll counter its electricity, she though grimly. "Then, while you're still near the Ampharos, Ember straight to the face." She hoped he wouldn't take too much damage this round, with his confusion hindering everything. But, once his mind cleared back up, she was prepared to pull out all the stops. No risk, no reward, after all.

~¤Sea Priestess¤~ lilbluecorsola's Avatar

Brine Island

Salin City

Arc_Angel & lilbluecorsola: The Kabutops sensed the urgency of Stacey’s request. After making sure that her Trainer is ready, he shoots forward almost faster than the eye can see, propelled by an Aqua Jet that sends parts of the hastily-assembled barricade flying everywhere. Police officers on the scene begin swearing, having had enough of just about everyone breaking through their security measures; clearly, not a good day to roll off of bed.

Shattering a ground floor window, Wraith successfully enters the building. Leaping down from his back, soaked to the bone because of the unorthodox method of transportation, you look around alarmed. You’re in an empty room! Fortunately most of the flames in this division are out, probably a joint effort between the POLT and your own Rain Dance… but that’s where the good news end. You hear some commotion coming somewhere from your right, and you hurriedly motion for Wraith to follow you; Jess and Felicia are probably still in entrance hall! The door is closed, standard procedure in limiting the spread of house fires, and some rubble piled up in front of it. Cursing, you and your Kabutops start dislodging everything that’s blocking the door as fast as you can; Jess needs you!

----

Atzu turns to Jess for a brief moment; he clearly doesn’t see the logic behind the orders she issued, until their true purpose dawns on him. As soon as Haruki has her Barrier in place, the Azumarill lets loose a stream of magical chocolate, covering as much of the Electrode as he can. Before its entire surface is coated however, Atzu realizes the Electrode is glowing as much as it ever will, which means no time to finish, he needs to switch to Ice Beam now!

As you pull the mentally unstable young woman close to you, you feel Atzu’s concern, realizing in horror that it may not be possible to contain the explosion adequately. But if he fails… if it doesn’t work, you’ll die! With nothing more to be done, you close your eyes prepare for the worst... How does one prepare for something like this? For death?

- Poliwrath, Ice Beam!!

Senior Agent Gouka’s voice suddenly echoes through the hall, loud and determined, and you find yourself opening your eyes again, expecting a miracle. Just as Atzu unleashes his own Ice Beam, a large Poliwrath next to the POLT Officer does the same, their combined power freezing the Electrode over much faster than Chocolate Magic had. And time ran out.

----

You finally manage to get the door open, in large part thanks to Wraith’s strength, and rush to the entrance hall. Just as you reach it, a large chunk of ice flies dangerously close to your face and shatters against a nearby wall, as do a number of other frozen projectiles across the hall.

You look around trying to understand what just happened. And why does the place smell of chocolate after a fire?! You quickly spot Jess, thank God, as well as the crazy girl called Felicia, taking cover behind a Shiny Corsola’s Barrier. And judging by the amount of ice in front Haruki’s shield, it’s a good thing they did. Three POLT officers are also in there, apparently recalling their Pokemon; two of them are staring at poor Jess with a look of sheer disbelief, while the tallest, oldest-looking one conveys no visible emotion.

You run over to check on your friend just as Haruki dispels the Barrier, looking exhausted. As you kneel next to her, the tall POLT officer approaches you. After a moment of silence, he helps the three of you up, and turns to Jess.

- I apologize for my earlier approach. Had I realized you were one of them, I would have instead requested your collaboration instead of turning you away like a regular civilian.

He motions for the other POLTs to gather samples of the remains.

- Your Chocolate Magic and Ice Beam combination was masterfully planned, especially at such a critical moment. That Electrode would have wiped us out otherwise; if you weren’t here, my Poliwrath’s Ice Beam alone would have been obviously insufficient, and Lord knows how dependable those two scrubs are. But as gifted as you are, I cannot endanger you further. If there’s anything you need from inside this building let me know, and I’ll personally retrieve it for you. Otherw…

Suddenly, five police officers burst through the front door, trying their best to look professional even after blunder with the repeated security breaches. They grab hold of the three of you and are about to cuff you when Wraith ominously steps forward. They stop for a moment, unsure of what to do, until one of them addresses Gouka, stammering.

- S-s-sir, we have orders t-to remove all civs from the building and take them to the p-precinct for questioning. They’re being charged with breaking and entering, as well as d-disrupting police work. We…

- And what fine work that was, officer. Please do escort them out, but you are not to arrest them under any circumstance. At least one of them is a User*. – the policeman’s eyes widen upon hearing this. - I am the highest authority figure on site at the moment, and you’ll answer to me. These civilians just averted a second catastrophe, so you can overlook them stomping all over your impeccable perimeter. Make sure they get out safely, but that will be all officer.

Senior Agent Gouka shakes Jess’s hand, and tries his hardest to smile. It comes off terribly, thanks to the lack of practice, but the thought should count.

- I will deliver a preliminary report to the local authorities after we conclude our searches. Contact them if you wish to know our findings, tell them I sent you; word spreads quickly when it needs to. Thank you once more for your help, Miss. Dismissed, officers.

- Y-yes sir. As you wish, sir. My apologies, ladies…

After you’re taken outside, Felicia’s father comes to meet you. You can’t quite read his expression, but he’s no doubt grateful to see his daughter safe. The girl, however, remains absolutely silent, eyes fixed on the floor.

- I… I am so very sorry for all of this. I cannot thank you enough, nor express my remorse for everything you went through… I feel I owe you in the very least an explanation. I’ll answer everything to the best of my ability… however offensive or angry you might wish to be. I take full responsibility for Felicia’s actions.

This was certainly not the best way to end an otherwise perfect day. You risked your lives for a woman you barely know, apparently for nothing… If you feel you’ve had enough of this crazy family, you might want to excuse yourselves and head elsewhere. You need to ask yourselves just how much of this incident you’re willing to put behind you if you really wish to move on though… between the fire caused by Electrodes, clearly a criminal act, to the number of casualties that you don’t even know, to this troubled woman and her obsession with a dead sister, there might be too much going on to ignore completely. And who knows? Senior Agent Gouka said you were special… surely there’s something you can do for Salin City after all that has happened.

Between getting an explanation out of this old man and looking for other ways to help around… what do you do?

((*term that ties in with another updatee’s story, since the universe is the same.))
    As Atzu raced against the clock to cover Electrode in chocolate delight, prior to putting it on ice, Jessica grit her teeth and embraced the woman tightly, attempting to cover the shivering body with her own. At the very least, she would give up her life to be able to protect one person. Closing her eyes, she prayed for the safety of everyone besides herself.

Before all hope and time were lost, however, she heard Senior Agent Gouka’s voice ring out, commanding his Poliwhirl to compound the cold. First melted, then frozen – a continuous life process – what followed felt like the sound of her poor, pounding heart exploding. Blasting into bits, breaking from all the stress built up behind false smiles and sincerities. Widening her gaze, she screamed and ducked as icicles came flying towards her face, pulling the woman with her to the floor. But the barricade held fast, fortunately, and the popsicle projectiles bounced harmlessly back before they could bury in her skin.

When the barrage ended, Jessica sighed and sank in relief, reaching out to thank her lil blue bodyguard, who grinned wearily but puffed up his chest with pride as if to say, “It was nothing”. Atzu bounded over, exhausted yet eager for praise as well, and their trainer burst into both laughs and sobs as she drew them in for a group hug.

It took a minute for her to realize the number of stares upon her – and in addition, there were two extras in the room compared to earlier. She gasped and stiffened upon seeing Stacey. When did she get here? Why? How? Was she here for the explosion? Jessica’s sight immediately slid to the shards embedded in the wood beside Stacey’s head. Oh God, had she endangered her friend’s life too?

Stacey raced over and knelt next to Jess, flinging her arms around the smaller female as she scolded fiercely, although her tone was more relieved than truly cross. For some reason, the woman’s sleeves felt wet as she gently soothed the other’s hair, but Jess could sense the warmth underneath. It was now her turn to shudder and bury into someone’s support.

“S-sorry,” she sniffed into Stacey’s chest.

Stacey smirked in satisfaction but shook her head; she would have no worthless words of regret. She needed to say what was on her mind first, so let her speak selfishly for once. In fact, she seemed to be beaming at Jess with approval. Though she had been worried sick, certainly, she admired how well the girl had handled herself. Receiving congratulations for such a silly (but admittedly effective) strategy from someone as skilled and sophisticated as Stacey made Jessica blush and rub her neck. She wondered if the woman remembered where the idea had inspired from, and flushed in further embarrassment upon recalling the specifics of the situation. A fond and humorous memory served to help alleviate the current circumstances though, and she giggled as Stacey wagged a knowing finger with a wink.

There was something else Stacey had said that stuck though: What did she mean by “trying to save a dead girl”? Jess glanced at the second lady in white, who was watching them without comprehension. After a moment of awkward silence, a shadow fell over the trio and Jess looked up to find Senior Agent Gouka standing over them. She shrank in anticipation of anger – or worse, arrest. To her surprise though, he offered to aid their standing. After seeing Stacey slowly accept, so did she (with their free arms, they guided the third to her feet as well). The man then turned to Jess and cleared his throat.

“I apologize for my earlier approach. Had I realized you were one of them, I would have instead requested your collaboration instead of turning you away like a regular civilian.”

Jessica cocked her head in confusion, comforted at least that she wasn’t being reprimanded. As he continued to commend her abilities, she shuffled again sheepishly, half-hiding behind Stacey as if to somehow give her the credit. When he asked if there was anything she wished him to search for inside the building, she opened her mouth to inquire about the missing sister, though something in her gut told her it would prove fruitless…

Just then, as if to save her from one form of humiliation, five police officers busted belatedly through the door, striving their best to appear professional despite previous blunders regarding repeat security breaches. They grabbed the group of “civs”, prepared to take them to the “p-precinct” for questioning. While Stacey snapped and struggled, her Kabutops sharpening his scythes as he glared at the nearest who dared try to restrain his trainer, Jessica sagged and gave herself up easily. Sergeant Agent Gouka spoke up on their behalf though, allowing them to be forcibly dismissed, but at the same time defending their innocence and also advising against the use of handcuffs. Before leaving, he strongly shook Jessica’s hand and called her a user. (She noticed Stacey wrinkle her nose at the term, though apparently out of disgust rather than recognition.) The expression he wore seemed entirely foreign to his facial lines, but an earnest effort nonetheless.

His subordinates swiftly ushered them away before she could question the man’s meaning. Though perhaps they were following orders more out of fear for their throats, as the rock fossil remained leering at them as they escorted the ladies out. Less menacing in exterior but just as loyal, Haruki flanked the opposite side as they walked, while Atzu brought up the rear.

Once outside, an elderly gentleman approached to gratefully greet the woman in white. Jessica tensed when he took the frail thing’s hand and held her close, suspicious of such a shady character prowling the perimeter, perhaps lurking in wait to take advantage of victims during a period of instability. Especially after what they just went through, she wasn’t willing to trust a stranger presenting kindness off the bat. Call her paranoid, but considering they were a party of three young women probably looking worse for wear, one of whom was obviously weak and easily singled out as a target… They were surrounded by police though (useless as they may be), and Stacey seemed somewhat familiar with him. Plus he referred to “Felicia” by name and assumed responsibility for her actions, so Jessica relaxed, presuming there must be some close relation between the two. Judging by his age, she would’ve guessed grandfather, though she supposed parenthood wasn’t outside the realm of possibility.

She could perceive Stacey’s internal struggle with the decision whether to stay for an explanation, or put the past and all similar painful experiences behind as planned by this supposed vacation. Jessica would agree with whatever her companion chose, should it ease her mind, though her own curiosity desired to know more. So she was secretly glad when Stacey agreed to a conversation, and simply nodded silently in concurrence. Upon suggestion of a towel, her lips lifted as well. She felt a slight pressure in her palm, and squeezed back.

Stacey then released Dwemer to fill him in on the current state of affairs, and returned Jessica’s own Poké Balls to her. Jess quickly called out Kristen to reassure her as well. The little Snorunt leapt into her trainer’s arms and snuggled close, happy she was safe. Jessica cuddled and rocked in return, then turned to her Corsola and Azumarill, withdrawing them for a well-deserved rest. Realizing she forgot to thank Stacey for looking after her team, she shifted uncomfortably, wondering if she had missed her chance to show common courtesy, let alone communicate her thoughts (as was typical). She hastily stammered her appreciation, hoping it wasn’t too late.

Ruin Island

Amor Temple

Stark: The temple was indeed a sight to behold, and you find yourself marveling at the architectural genius of the long-lost civilization that erected the building. Equally impressed is Aurora, unlike the hyperactive Twilight, who isn’t exactly culturally educated. But one thing the three of you were starting to agree on was that this’d be a great opportunity to explore and have fun, something you hadn’t done in a while… until the Baltoy decides to interrupt an otherwise idyllic trip. With nobody else around, the most logical conclusion is that it must be a wild Pokemon defending its territory, and in that case, you hope it won’t be too hard to take down.

Trying to keep level-headed even through the storm, you decide that your Eevee duo might just be able to hold its own against the Clay Doll Pokemon. Issuing your first battle commands, while fighting to keep the sand out of your eyes and mouth, you command Aurora and Twilight to boost each other’s power through Helping Hand. The two foxes readily obey, as each of them start to glow before enveloping each other in their respective auras. Baltoy, in the meantime, simply stands where it is, an ever-increasing amount of sand swirling from underneath it and spreading throughout the hall with impressive force.

The real battle would start now. Looking at each other, Aurora and Twilight nod with determination before charging up Shadow Ball. With Baltoy not fighting back, they successfully fight through the pain from the pelting sand and fire their respective attacks directly at the opponent. As the Shadow Balls are about to make contact, Baltoy suddenly vanishes, and both orbs collide and explode violently. Looking around nervously, both Eevee try to understand what just happened, but you already figured it out: Teleport. Turning your head in every direction, you try to spot the enemy as well, but to no avail…

Suddenly, Aurora is enveloped in a bright pink light and starts floating briefly… before being hurled into Twilight, crashing into him, both foxes tumbling and rolling on the floor visibly hurt. No doubt that was Psychic… which for some reason makes you feel uncomfortable, as if something isn’t right. Should you have expected Psychic from a wild Baltoy?

In any event, you realize you’re dealing with a very strong opponent, so the standard head-on approach won’t cut it. Not only can’t you spot it, the Sandstorm isn’t letting up either, and no doubt Baltoy will just Teleport away from the next wave of attacks it sees. As you hurriedly try to think of a solution, you spot a faint pink glow coming from inside one of the Gyarados pillars’ mouths through the corner of your eye…

What is your next approach?

"Aurora! Twilight! Nooo...!" Stark screamed.

Stark could hardly believe what he was seeing. Not only did the Baltoy Teleport out of the way of the double attack, but it also used a move he didn't think it could use. The trainer bit down hard gritting his teeth as much in frustration as in defense against the sandstorm that seemed to be grinding against his face. It was obvious this was no ordinary baltoy. Unfortunately, Stark had only seen one baltoy during his travels and that was back when he was a young trainer. It was part of a team of odd almost inorganic pokemon that another trainer happened to have. Almost a complete opposite of the kind of team Stark had assembled over the years. His mind raced for ideas. Retreat was not out of the question. Better that than fighting a futile battle. Then again, Stark wasn't ready to throw in the towel just yet.He and his partners had come too far to give up at the first sign of adversity.

The trainer recollected himself and pulled out his pokedex. The smooth black casing fit comfortably in his hand. Unlike his old red Kanto style dex, this new Unova style dex was less bulky. Unfortunately, Stark hadn't really played with it enough to know how to do much with it short of scan pokemon. Which at this moment happened to be just fine. With any luck he might be able to find some sort of weakness to exploit.

Holding the pokedex up a familiar voice responded from the device, "Baltoy. The clay doll pokemon. Discovered in ancient ruins, it moves by spinning around and forms a group when it finds others." Stark frowned. That wasn't exactly what he had hoped for. Regardless, he couldn't really waste any more time. Not with his Eevees in danger.

"Hang in there you two. We can take him!" Stark called out to his partners in the hopes that he could figure out a way to actually do what he said. It was then that he saw something through the blowing sand. Something he wasn't expecting. His two partners stood up and took their attack stances again. Only this time they were glowing. Not the soft glow of some kind of attack being charged up, but the bright glow that only comes from evolution. The trainer's heart began to race. As much as he might have wanted to keep them the way they were forever, having them evolve might be just what they needed to turn the tide. The glow around the pair brightened until it was blinding in its luminescence. Stark wasn't sure what was going to come of all of this. He knew that eevees were highly adaptable. That was part of the reason why they were his favorite type of pokemon. Still, it wasn't like he had used a stone on either of them, nor did he notice any strange glowing stones in the area. At least earlier he hadn't. The whipping wind howled through the air until at last the light had subsided and where once there were a pair of brown and white furballs, there now were a pair of sleek foxes of different appearances.

Aurora now had a purplish pink hue to her coat while her tail had become long and slender. She had adapted to the psychic onslaught on her own way, taking a cue from her opponent in order to figuratively fight fire with fire. Meanwhile, Twilight had gone through a different transformation. His black fur highlighted with yellow markings and his own unique style of sleekness. Had he the time, Stark would have marveled at what he was seeing. However, this wasn't the time nor the place for such admiration. Not yet at least.

A wry grin curled the side of Stark's lips as he thought about his next move. Out of the corner of his eye a faint pink glow threatened to steal his attention, but he kept his mind focused on the task at hand. "Let's see it get away from this... Aurora! Go with Quick Attack to throw it off balance before it can Teleport. Then follow that up with Synchronise! Twilight! I want you to sit back and Mimic Baltoy's next move. Then send a Shadow Ball at it!"

Having given his commands, Stark once more found his eyes drifting to the faint pink glow. He hated to let his complete attention slip from the battle, but he just had to know what was going on in that pillar. Holding up his pokedex once more, the trainer attempted to scan whatever might be inside of the gyrados's mouth.

Note: Sorry I took so long. I couldn't decide if I wanted to evolve these two or not. Or for that matter if I wanted to evolve both of them at the same time. I should be a little quicker on replies from here on out.

Blog Entries

Visit kaisap112's Youtube Channel

Crater Island

Iridi Beach

kaisap112: Temporarily caught off-guard by the statistical impossibility that was Amelia’s Ninetales, you quickly regroup and boldly stand up to the woman once again.

Listening intently to your commands, Kitty grins and jumps into action immediately: lunging forward, she rapidly slaps her tail across the bigger foe’s face, staggering it briefly and dealing light damage. Then, jumping back once again to keep her distance, she begins to focus on Double Team…

- Ohohoh, how cute! Seems your cat has some spunk… Oh well, nothing we can’t handle, right dear?

Solstice nods and rushes forward, fast as lightning, slamming Kitty and sending it tumbling several feet back, landing close to you. That was no doubt a Quick Attack, and it managed to disrupt your Double Team…

- Well honey, what now? It seems you can’t hide behind your phoney doppelgangers after all… Is this “old hag” giving you more trouble than you can handle?

As Kitty struggles to make it to her feet, the Ninetales moves faster once again, shooting an eerie-looking blue flame that disappears upon contact with your Skitty, apparently to no effect. Taking the opening, Kitty speeds up and hits an unavoidable Faint Attack, making Solstice growl in pain. As you begin to feel excited about the apparent turn-around of events, Kitty suddenly yelps as all of her fur catches fire spontaneously and briefly, and the flames disappear as quickly as they appeared. Kitty is Burned!

As reality sets in, you reassess the situation. Kitty hit Solstice twice, whereas the Ninetales only struck once. There’s no telling how effective any of the attacks have been this early on in the match, but Kitty has a burn and that can turn the tide… And more importantly, the sun is up and Ninetales is yet to take advantage of it…

Before you issue a new wave of commands however, you notice one last thing… Amelia hasn’t issued a single order yet! Her Ninetales used Quick Attack and Will-o-Wisp entirely on its own, for some reason… Is she biding her time for a surprise attack, a magnificent strategy or is she just leaving it up to her Pokemon because she can’t really battle?

What do you do now?
    Kitty was more than ready to kick some canine tail, grinning while dashing towards the Ninetales, slapping her in the face with Fake Out, causing the bigger Pokémon to stagger back while taking some damage. Jumping a good length back like a pro, Kitty focused hard on making copies of herself with Double Team.

“Ohohoh, how cute! Seems your cat has some spunk… Oh well, nothing we can’t handle, right dear?”

Noriko’s stomach turned a bit at Amelia’s words. The Ninetails moved faster than Noriko could keep up with; the canine slammed into Kitty, sending her flying with a powerful Quick Attack. Kitty landed a foot away from Noriko with a hard thud. “You alright, Kitty?” Noriko was confident that her partner wouldn’t fall that easily, the feline meowing in response and hissing at Ninetails while wobbling up.

“Well honey, what now? It seems you can’t hide behind your phoney doppelgangers after all… Is this “old hag” giving you more trouble than you can handle?” The old hag in question was truly beginning to get on Noriko’s last nerve. “A real battler would save the chit-chat for after the battle is over. Not that I expected even the slightest bit of that from you in the first place.” Noriko indeed had more respect for battles than going as low as taunting overly much during one. Ninetails was suddenly on the move again, summoning a creepy blue flame that seemed awfully familiar to Noriko and sending it right at Kitty…with no apparent effect or damage. Kitty sped up into a dash and went for the opening, hitting Ninetails with Faint Attack. In no way capable of avoiding the onslaught, Ninetails growled from the damage.

Noriko didn’t have the opportunity to celebrate though: out of the blue Kitty seemed to be covered in a flame that disappeared in the blink of an eye, causing visible pain to the small feline. Darn, a Will-o-Wisp! Let’s hope that burn doesn’t get too bad… Noriko started analyzing the situation. We get two hits in, she gets one, and we’re still the underdogs. But there weren’t any verbal commands from the hag, so either that’s one messed up Ninetails or something else is up with all this. Let’s first deal with that sunshine, thing will get messy if more fire gets involved in this fight.

“Kitty, use Rain Dance, then move in with Thunderbolt and Faint Attack!”

Default Re: "But I could not reach the sky in this body with no wings, no arms and no legs."

Quote Originally Posted by kaisap112 View Post
    Brine Island

Salin City

Thrain: Cypress seems intent on heading to the park, with you not far behind him. Some concern enters your mind as Cypress tries to walk impressively ahead – nearly bumping into everything and everyone on his path, including joggers, office workers and school kids. Once the largest crowd is past him, either actually past him or in the nearest bush after trying to dodge him, Cypress stops and turns to check why you’re lagging behind. Right then, two preschoolers stop behind Cypress in awe: a little boy and a little girl.

“Look, it’s a Pokey-mon!”

“I’ma cash it!”

“You’re not!”

“Am too! Look!” The little boy digs a bit through his small backpack before victoriously pulling out a Pokéball. “My bwother give it to me! Go, pokey-ball!” Followed by these less-than-seriously-impressive words, the little boy throws his Pokéball right at Cypress.

What will you do?
    OoC: I didn't know how to RP deflecting the Poké Ball without it possibly being considered self-updating. If you'd like me to change how I went about this, please let me know. ^^

"Hey, Cypress, wait up!" Eric called as he entered underneath the park's leafy treetops. The Bellsprout had continued to push through the crowd of people thronging the streets of Salin City, and Eric was still attempting to catch up. "Don't people have jobs?" he asked himself as he finally caught sight of his little grass type near the entrance. As he approached, two children, a boy and a girl, noticed the gangly flower also and ran up for closer inspection. Eric caught some of their conversation as he drew near.

"--a Pokey-mon!"

"I'ma cash it!"

"You're not!"

"Am too! Look!" With that, the young boy withdrew a Poké Ball from his backpack and hurriedly threw it at Cypress. "Go, Pokey-ball!" Before Eric could intervene, Cypress drew back his leafy arm and slapped the ball away with a vicious Vine Whip. The Poké Ball skittered across the pavement, finally coming to a halt at the edge of the sidewalk. "Bell-Bell-Bellsprout-sprout!" Cypress chided the two kids, trying to convey that he already had a trainer. The Bellsprout drew up to his full height arrogantly and walked over to stand behind Eric's legs, finally noticing him. Eric smiled. At least he's finally starting to trust and like me.

Taking pity on the two kids, Eric drew near them and bent down to their height. "Hey there, kids. Sorry, but you can't just go around trying to catch Pokémon that could belong to others. You see, this Bellsprout here belongs to me. His name is Cypress." Eric paused, looking at both children in the eye. "What are your names, and where are your parents," he asked, trying to lace his tone with friendliness.

Blog Entries

Visit kaisap112's Youtube Channel

Default New Year, New Twists

I'm back with updates! Have fun, I'll try to get into a more regular updating schedule now that things are getting more regulated in my life.

Venom Island

Skull Tunnel

uhhhhh, Missingno. Master & Marion Ette: With Connor riding his Girafarig, your group starts slowly but surely moving toward the way you came. Every single one of you on high alert in case the Sevipers return or something worse comes up. This is exactly why you don’t miss the quiet footsteps that echo from another path – walking right toward the intersection you’re headed to! All capable trainers grab a Pokéball just in case, slowly and quietly approaching the intersection. Aislyn seems to have caught the scent of whatever it is that’s walking around…and she visibly cringes. A bit confused by this, you look ahead, the footsteps getting a little louder.

First you see something small. Something gray. Or is it green? Wait, there’s pink too. The creature turns your way.

“Trubbish?” A trashbag-like Pokémon, which the Poison-expert of the group recognizes as Trubbish, cocks its head a little in confusion, staring at you all.

Keith has an appropriate reaction.

Once Marion manages to shake her friend back to the realm of the calm and collected, Trubbish suddenly develops a sparkle in its eyes – dashing at you with its small feet. Keith is absolutely overjoyed, extending his arms toward the small Poison-type…and gets watch the Trubbish dash right past him to Marion, tugging on her dress happily. This Trubbish must be quite young, acting much like a small child. It doesn’t seem dangerous though, busy hugging Marion’s legs. You try to have a civil discussion about what to do with the Trubbish, but all conversation gets stomped by resident Poison-fanatic crushing all objections, trying to reach for the Trubbish in a friendly manner. It sticks its tongue out at Keith before hiding behind Marion. One thing you do figure out: asking a Ghost-Pokémon to translate for you, you start digging for some information from the Trubbish. The story goes along these lines: the Trubbish was playing happily outside its village with other Trubbish (Keith needs to be shaken to reality again) when they ran into a pile of Pokémon eggs. Not knowing any better, the Trubbish took one and hid it in a pile of trash at their secret hideout as treasure and resumed their hide-and-seek. Unfortunately, this very Trubbish was ambushed by a Seviper of all things, a very nasty one with a scar on its face, and it ran all the way to this cave…only to get lost in the process. Trubbish, a female as it turns out, had been looking for a way out for a long while now, and was glad to see other life forms than Sevipers for a change. Looks like the little one wants to tag along…

What will you do?

Bane Forest

blazeVA: Static releases a Thunder Wave over a group of small Trubbish running your way. The electricity crackles around them; a yellow glow and stopped movement indicating the Trubbish have been paralyzed. While the Trubbish in the area have their sights locked on you, Surgei sneaks away and takes off, soaring up in the sky, out of the sight of the Poison-types. The Trubbish holding the can with Lemon Drop in it drops both of them and dashes for you, leaving Surgei to make a skillful dive and snatching the can, Lemon Drop happy to see a familiar face. Static uses a Confuse Ray on another group of Trubbish, but this doesn’t help: now you’ve got about five Trubbish flailing and running about, completely out of control. As you notice Surgei’s success in obtaining Lemon Drop, you almost cheer – when there’s an earth-shaking stomp. And another. Another. Steps.

Looks like your favorite giant garbage bags, Garbodors, are approaching.

You reach the conclusion that sticking around could lead to a smelly death – if you’re lucky – and get yourself and your team to run for it. Static throws an Electroweb behind it to stall the Trubbish before turning around and dashing after you, Surgei and Lemon Drop flying above you. Things really start getting messy as an assortment of trash of different sizes and splashes of Sludge Bombs hit the tree trunks and ground around you. Shots of Acid Spray fly past you, and dodging a particularly close shot you suddenly fall down what might have been a cliff; tree trunks, ground and dust run and spin in front of your eyes for what feels like a good minute or two.

When you finally stop rolling down and can actually see where you are, you take note you’ve landed in what looks like a crater made of trash. You hear the Trubbish in the distance, searching for you, and duck into the nearest trash pile. While you wait on the Pokémon to pass you, you feel something smooth against your hand – something relatively warm. It is not moist or soft, so you don’t get too panicked about it (as much as running right inside a Garbodor’s open mouth might be something that you’d deem your usual luck). After a good while of silence, you hear your own Pokémon arrive, quietly looking for and calling out for you. On a whim, you decide to grab on the warm, smooth item you’d touched and slowly make your way out of the trash. Before your team members run over to crush your lungs with all the hugging, you look down and see you’ve acquired…an egg? It has the most intricate pattern on it, with a black base and purple-yellow spots all over it. Once you’ve negotiated with your team you decide to hold on to the egg: abandoning it into the wild wouldn’t be too cool. Lemon Drop is still stuck in the can, so you should probably get her free again before progressing. And progressing where would be the next question…

What will you do?

NOTE FROM KAISAP: The egg is NOT a regular egg and you cannot go hatch it at the Egg House. Consider it a key item in this adventure that you should take very good care of for the time being. You can have a full party of six Pokémon, since the egg isn’t technically yours – you’re just looking after it.

Crater Island

Iridi Beach

Meetan: ”Oh, right. Alice, sorry, I-I-I’m bad with n-n-n-names…” Kenny blushes to the shade of a fire truck, writing so fast you’re half-expecting the paper to catch on fire. Aw, does the young boy have a crush? Wingy the Pidgey float in front of Kenny’s face, flapping his wings to create a little breeze – probably mistaking the cause for a fever. Pichu giggles a little before playfully pouncing Wingy, the two play-battling and tackling each other on the ground in front of you. You’re happy to see the two Pokémon getting along so well so quickly, but get snapped back into reality when Kenny softly taps your shoulder with his index finger. “S-s-s-sorry, but I-I-I-I have just a f-f-few more questions, then we’re s-s-s-set to go. Could you h-h-h-help out a little?” The Puppy-Dog Eyes of Doom are back, so you sigh and take the offered paper from him again. Before you get to reading the questions, you take note that Pichu’s climbing on Wingy’s back, the latter then flying a few feet from the ground – it doesn’t seem like anything you should worry about, since Pichu seems to be loving the ride. “I-I-I-I’ve never seen that happen, a flying Pichu.” Kenny laughs a little. He might have to give flirting a few more years, but you decide to humor him with a laugh of your own. Then you turn your attention to the cursed homework.

7. Describe the appearance and effects of a Hondew Berry.
    8. Name all evolved forms of Eevee.
    9. Revival Herbs grow in only one place. Name this location.
    10. What kind of locations is the Mouse Pokémon Raichu fond of?

After you’ve helped Kenny with his homework, he looks delighted. “Thank you so much! I-I-I have no idea why they ask us th-th-this stuff…will we ever r-r-really need to know all this?” Kenny looks around for a bit. “H-h-hey, where’d Wingy and Pichu go?” You both start looking around, the two Pokémon aren’t big and strong enough to have gotten too far. “M-m-maybe they’re playing hide and s-s-s-seek?” Kenny wonders out loud, scampering back up from the ground after checking under a few nearby bushes. Suddenly, you hear two loud cries and crackling electricity – that must be Pichu, and distressed at that! You’re dashing at the voices before you even realize it, Kenny trying hard to keep up with you. Finally, you reach a little alley way that leads to a dead end, trash and trash cans littering the place. Before you have the time to wonder what on earth got Pichu to come in this messy place, you hear the cry of your little friend. At the end of the alley, you see three boys who look about the same age as Kenny. They’ve surrounded Pichu and Wingy, the two Pokémon looking terrified – but Pichu’s trying to be brave, electricity coming from its cheeks. The boys aren’t fazed, instead laughing at your friends: “You think that’s gonna scare us? You little rat!”

What will you do?

Ruin Island

Amor Temple

OkikuMew: ”Well, Abra’s are pretty infamous for sleeping most of the day unless they’re in immediate danger…maybe it’s sleeping?” Elena scratches her head a bit. “But since it can sense danger, it’s not a solid plan to try and surprise it in its sleep. I think I heard some trainer try that with his Pikachu and that didn’t end too well.” She shivers a bit, indicating that the battle in question hadn’t ended happily, and then turns to call Milly back into her Pokéball. You turn over to Max, your buddy attempting to make friends with the wild Poochyenas. The older one growls a bit quietly, but the younger one pounces right at Max – she looks eager to play with Max! After watching Max and what you are starting to believe is the wild Poochyena’s little sister having a play-fight for a few moments, the bro-Poochyena inches closer. He doesn’t seem especially eager to be best friends for life with Max, but as long as he’s not aiming for the throat you’re happy.

Elena suddenly stiffens right before pushing you into the bush you both had jumped out of before, diving in after you with a finger on her lips. You peek out from a small hole between all the leaves: to your astonishment and fear, a big canine of black and grey color is walking over to the Poochyenas and not looking very happy. Your eyes reach the size of big plates as you realize that you’re staring at a Mightyena. The canine starts growling at bro-Poochyena, the latter growling back, like they’re having some sort of conversation. Panic crosses your mind: what if this thing is in cahoots with the Abra? What if it’s dangerous? Could Max stand a stand against his evolved form? Mightyena eyes Max for a brief moment before snatching sis-Poochyena by the neck; is she their mother, perhaps? Before you can move a muscle, Bro-Poochyena looks at Max, and then cocks his head toward the Mightyena. The family of three starts walking toward the temple - with Max following right behind them.

Elena lets out a held breath. “Looks like we’re getting somewhere…don’t think that Mightyena’s going to want to see us around anytime soon though. What do you want to do? Should we go after them?”

What will you do?

Glacier Island

Icicle Caverns

Celebii151: The Frosslasses giggle attractively at your explanation, the male Snorunt going stiff in clear panic. The queen of the Froslasses turns to the Snorunt with an unreadable expression, the Snorunt quickly bowing down and visibly shaking, making noise that sounded very much like a groveling servant trying to explain its actions. The queen slowly floats over, gently petting one of the Snorunt. The Snorunt looks up cautiously…when the queen grabs it hard, lifts it up for all to see, eyes glowing with rage, ice suddenly covering the Snorunt from head to toe – exactly like the Snorunt-statues you saw earlier! The queen then tosses the frozen Snorunt aside, visibly sighing. Looks like you just solved the mystery of the ice sculptures…

You don’t dare to move a muscle as you watch the queen gracefully float to her throne. The remaining male Snorunt is quickly on his feet, dashing into hiding, for understandable reasons. Your Pokémon are suddenly far less attracted to the Froslasses around you, looking at you for any sort of indication as to how you’ll get out of this potential mess. The queen waves her hand again, seeming utterly bored now, and suddenly the Frosslasses grab you and your team – two of them holding your hands behind your back, one holding Boing and another holding Larry. The queen’s eyes glow a soft purple…right before Boing starts to transmit something to you in a very low voice, his eyes shining a bright purple: “I wouldn’t try anything funny if I were you. These little children are no match for me, surely you realize that? My servant may have lead you here and he’s paying for that dearly. Now what should I do with you?” She taps a finger on her temple in mock wonder, clearly toying with you.

What will you do?

Brine Island

Salin City

Thrain: The two toddlers stare at the Pokéball as it rolls on the ground before halting with a soft tud. Then they turn to look at each other.

“Told you so. Dummy.”

“AM NOT!”

“ARE TOO!”

“AM NOT!”

The two children are scared silent when you approach them, as kind as your demeanor is. When you ask them for their names and give a gentle scolding about catching Pokémon at random, both of them stare at their shoe-covered toes. “Sowwy. We di’nt know.” The little boy then proceeds to promptly stick his right thumb in his mouth. Truly a great Pokémon trainer in the making, you think to yourself while trying to hold a straight face. The girl is getting over the initial silence, starting to blabber excitedly. “I’m Nora, and that big baby’s Tommy. We’re on a fiel twip. Is that your Pokey-mon? Is it stwong? Can it spwit fire? Are you a twainer? How many Pokey-mon do you have? Where are you fwom? What-“

Your head starts to spin a little from all the questions, but before you can start to answer even a single one, you hear a voice from behind the children. “Nora! Tommy! I told you to stay with the group!” A young woman wearing an apron approaches you, waving her hand, pouting a little at the kids. The duo in question mutters apologies and grabs on to the woman’s apron obediently. The lady sighs and turns to you. “I’m sorry if these two caused any trouble, they’re quite the handful. Turn your eyes away for one second and off they go.” She extends her hand while smiling. “I’m Lora, I’m an assistant at the local daycare center. The kids and I are on a field trip. We’re going to see some Pokémon at the Friend Park.” She notices your quizzical expression. “You must be new here. The Friend Park is a place where people can interact and play with Pokémon in a safe, friendly environment. There’s plenty of different Pokémon of a number of types. We’ve got a few children who’ve never seen Pokémon before, and we’re trying to get them used to Pokémon early on.” Lora looks down at Nora and Tommy. “Since I don’t have eyes in the back of my head and I’m alone with these two and eight other children…would you mind coming with us? I could use the help and I’m sure the kids would love to hear stories from a real Pokémon trainer!” She waves her hands apologetically. “Oh, silly me, you must be so busy with other things…but is there any way I could convince you? I think I’ve got something I could give you when we return to the daycare center afterwards.” Lora, Nora and Tommy all turn on the Puppy-Dog Eye of Doom, staring at you in a begging manner.

What will you do?

Avatar loading... 23% Missingno. Master's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: New Year, New Twists

Venom Island

Skull Tunnel

uhhhhh, Missingno. Master & Marion Ette: With Connor riding his Girafarig, your group starts slowly but surely moving toward the way you came. Every single one of you on high alert in case the Sevipers return or something worse comes up. This is exactly why you don’t miss the quiet footsteps that echo from another path – walking right toward the intersection you’re headed to! All capable trainers grab a Pokéball just in case, slowly and quietly approaching the intersection. Aislyn seems to have caught the scent of whatever it is that’s walking around…and she visibly cringes. A bit confused by this, you look ahead, the footsteps getting a little louder.

First you see something small. Something gray. Or is it green? Wait, there’s pink too. The creature turns your way.

“Trubbish?” A trashbag-like Pokémon, which the Poison-expert of the group recognizes as Trubbish, cocks its head a little in confusion, staring at you all.

Once Marion manages to shake her friend back to the realm of the calm and collected, Trubbish suddenly develops a sparkle in its eyes – dashing at you with its small feet. Keith is absolutely overjoyed, extending his arms toward the small Poison-type…and gets watch the Trubbish dash right past him to Marion, tugging on her dress happily. This Trubbish must be quite young, acting much like a small child. It doesn’t seem dangerous though, busy hugging Marion’s legs. You try to have a civil discussion about what to do with the Trubbish, but all conversation gets stomped by resident Poison-fanatic crushing all objections, trying to reach for the Trubbish in a friendly manner. It sticks its tongue out at Keith before hiding behind Marion. One thing you do figure out: asking a Ghost-Pokémon to translate for you, you start digging for some information from the Trubbish. The story goes along these lines: the Trubbish was playing happily outside its village with other Trubbish (Keith needs to be shaken to reality again) when they ran into a pile of Pokémon eggs. Not knowing any better, the Trubbish took one and hid it in a pile of trash at their secret hideout as treasure and resumed their hide-and-seek. Unfortunately, this very Trubbish was ambushed by a Seviper of all things, a very nasty one with a scar on its face, and it ran all the way to this cave…only to get lost in the process. Trubbish, a female as it turns out, had been looking for a way out for a long while now, and was glad to see other life forms than Sevipers for a change. Looks like the little one wants to tag along…

What will you do?
    As they made their way back the way they came, Keith, Marion, and Connor were all on high alert, all of them made wary by their previous Seviper encounter, and not inclined at all to tangle with something worse. Then, they heard them- quiet footsteps, from another path, and from the sound of it, they were going to encounter the source of those footsteps at the next intersection! Aislyn caught the scent of the unknown being, and cringed, much to Keith's confusion. Then, they saw it, and for a moment, Keith didn't know what it was. Then, his eyes widened as it uttered "Trubbish?"

"Ohhh," Keith exclaimed. "It's a... It's a..." he added excitedly as his Pokedex finished his sentence for him.

"Trubbish, the Trash Bag Pokemon. It prefers unsanitary environments. Inhaling the gas they belch will make you sleep for a week."

As Keith, ahem, reacted to the sudden appearance of the CUTEST DAMN POKEMON IN THE ENTIRE WORLD, Marion shook him back to reality, as Trubbish started running towards them. Ecstatic, Keith held out his arms... and the Trubbish ran right past him, opting instead to hug Marion's legs.

A discussion ensued as to what to do with the Trubbish, with most of Keith's suggestions somehow seeming to involve the usage of one of his empty Poke Balls on it. He tried to reach for the Trubbish in a friendly way, but it merely stuck its tongue out at him and hid behind Marion.

Keith sighed. "Come on, Trubbish," he said in a gentle and friendly voice. "It's alright, you can trust me."

"A-hem," interrupted Myrtle. "So not sor-ry to in-ter-rupt your lit-tle talk, Meat Sack, but have you for-got-ten that I can trans-late what the Trub-bish says for us?"

"Right, right," nodded Keith. "Go ahead, Myrtle."

Myrtle had a short discussion with the Trubbish, and translated the facts; the Trubbish had been playing outside her village with other Trubbish (the very mention of which made it necessary to shake Keith back to reality a second time) when they found some Pokemon Eggs, and she hid one of them in a pile of trash in their secret hideout. Then, a Seviper with a scar on its face ambushed it, and she got lost in the cave as she ran away. As it happens, she was glad to see some non-Seviper life-forms for a change, and wanted to tag along with them.

"Aw," sighed Keith as he heard the Trubbish's story. "Well, Trubbish, it's certainly OK with me if you tag along with us," he said, still using a friendly tone of voice, determined to earn the Poison-type's trust. "Marion, Connor, you guys are all right with this, right?" he added hopefully.

Venom Island

Skull Tunnel

What will you do?
    As the trio slowly head back to the entrance, each of them being extremely cautious of their surrounding just in case something attack them again. All of them suddenly heard footsteps and they became tense as Gaspard, Foster, and Biondello got themselves ready to attack just in case and Connor instinctively grabbed another Pokeball just in case as they slowly approached the intersection. He personally did not want to have any more trouble today. As they inched closer, Connor noticed how Aislyn seemed to have smelled something and seemed to have cringed. He too notices the scent and instinctively covered his nose, it seemed that whoever was making the footsteps has a really... noticeable... scent, to put it politely. The group then see who it was, a Trubbish. Connor eased a bit slightly as if knowing what's going to happen as he looked at Keith. "Yup. Just as I thought," he said as he chuckled and grabbed his Pokedex to scan the Trubbish... only for Keith to finish what the Pokedex was going to say.

Quote Originally Posted by the Pokedex
    Trub-
    "-bish, the Trash Bag Pokemon. It prefers unsanitary environments. Inhaling the gas they belch will make you sleep for a week." says Keith.

As Marion shook Keith back to reality, the Trubbish seemed to have a sparkle in its eyes, dashing towards Keith who already extended his arms towards the Trubbish... and then ran past him and was running towards Marion instead as it tugged on her dress. Keith tries to be friendly towards the Trubbish but all of his approaches were quickly shot down but the little trash bag before hiding underneath Marion. Foster couldn't help but laugh mockingly at these strange turn of events for Keith.

As the group settled down, they discussed about what to do with the Trubbish, "So... what should we do about it? And no Keith, we're not going to stuff it in into one of your Pokeballs first," he quickly said to Keith with a smile before he continued, "Well, it doesn't seem harmless at least. But what's it's story though? I think we should ask it first before we decide on anything." thankfully Myrtle and Foster were there to translate for them and the two ghosts asked about its story and quickly translated them to Keith, Marion, and Connor. After hearing her story, Keith immediately suggested that they help the little girl out, hoping to earn her trust and convince her to join his team.

Connor contemplated for a bit before he sighed, "I see... I think I have a good idea on what's going on here. That egg she mentioned earlier... and those Sevipers that we fought. They were all female right? I remember Pomona's Attract failing at them before I was... bitten. This is all nothing but speculation, but I think it's very probable here. Could those Sevipers that we have met before possibly be the mothers of those eggs? And that our little friend here possibly took one of them away? I think we need to ask her more about what the egg looks like, but if my suspicions are true then I think we found our reason why the Sevipers did go out and attack not just us but also this Trubbish and those cartographers from earlier. Not to mention this little Trubbish is lost too and doesn't know the way back to her village," he said to Keith and Marion. "Well, we can't exactly turn a blind eye on this now can we? All right, I'm fine with it. We'll help you get back to your clan alright little Trubbish?" he said to her with a gentle smile and would have have pet her too were it not for him sitting on his Girafarig's back right now. He turned to face Marion as if knowing what she was going to say, "Marion, don't worry about my leg. I'll be fine, I promise! Me and Biondello will try to keep our distance should a fight happens."

"Oh and by the way you two," he said as he showed his camera to them, the display showing a picture of the Poison-type trainer's face who was in trance, "I took this one when Foster and Myrtle mentioned about the Trubbish village. The look on your face was priceless! I couldn't help myself, sorry! Heheh," he grinned. "But that's not why I showed my camera to you guys right now, you see... remember Jon and Jen? Well..." he pressed a button on his camera to switch photos to that of the photo of the map of Bane Forest from the cartographers they have met earlier, "They did mention earlier that the Trubbish Village was somewhere out in the Bane Forest. That's got to be where this Trubbish lives. We should be able to find it easily with this map here... except I'm no good at reading maps so... Marion, you hold on to this for a bit, alright? And no deleting that photo of Keith I took earlier, alright?" Connor grinned while handing over his camera to Marion where the photo of the map was still displayed on the screen. "However, this means that we'll have to turn back again to where we fought the Sevipers. That path would most likely lead us into the Bane Forest. I can hope those Sevipers aren't fully recovered yet from our brawl earlier by the time we get back there... having to fight them again's the last thing we want to do right now."
    FB

URPG

We do what we must ApertureScience's Avatar

Silver Ocean

Auronos Caverns

ApertureScience: You aren’t exactly off to the greatest start. Chilling out one moment, fighting a hungry shark the next with no help in sight for miles around…

Maxwell is swimming for his dear life, trying to outrun the Sharpedo – with little success – while paying attention to your orders. As you instruct him to go on the defensive with Aqua Ring, he slows down briefly to focus, and the predator takes its chance to speed up and Bite his arm ferociously!

Struggling to break free from the hold, in visible pain, Maxwell somehow musters up the strength to yank his arm away. You can’t assess the damage from where you are, but forcefully pulling away from a row of sharp teeth must have left a mark… You’re worried sick for Max’s safety now, but there’s not much you can do other than continue the battle!

Your Buizel dutifully summons several blue orbs that envelope him, but before he can consume one, the Sharpedo goes back on the offensive, this time moving in for an even deadlier Crunch!! Yet somehow, maybe by pure instinct, Max dodges the charge at the last second by submerging briefly, then resurfacing behind the disoriented shark. And then…

He raises his fingers and starts motioning them rhythmically, the tips glowing white before fading… It’s all riding on this one. The odds of a helpful move in the water, against a faster and stronger opponent, are very slim… From all the maneuvers to be executed, what’s the likelihood that it’ll actually do any good here?

Maxwell’s eyes start glowing with a blue hue, he arches his body back… and unleashes the largest stream of water you’ve ever seen, much larger than someone his size should be able to muster. Even from where you’re standing the move is clear to you… it’s a massive Water Spout!! The blast hits Sharpedo dead on, and effective or not, the sheer force of the jet propels the attacker so far it’s suddenly out of your field of vision!

Gasping for air, visibly exhausted and in pain, your Buizel takes a brief moment to consume an orb and recover before swimming back to you as fast as he can. Worried, you take a look at his arm… it’s bleeding from two deep cuts, and the salt water has to be making the pain even worse. He needs medical assistance, but you’re stranded in the middle of nowhere! Lucky as you were to fend off the threat, you’re still not in the clear, and you realize that whatever you do has to be quick in case the Sharpedo comes back.

Trying to think of something, anything, you fail to notice Maxwell calling for your attention until he hits you in the arm. Brought back to Earth, you see he’s telling you to look in the distance, in the same direction the Sharpedo was propelled. Was it coming back?! No… it was a noise… the sound of an engine! Squinting, you spot a speedboat headed straight in your direction. Even more bad news, or the second lucky break in a row?...

The boat slows down as it draws closer; at least you’re not getting rammed. Coming to a halt, the single occupant leans over and extends a hand, which you instinctively grab – you don’t really have much in the way of options, and this might be your chance to get Maxwell fixed up. You look at your apparent rescuer – no more than 20 years old, you guess, with short blonde hair combed to the side, light-blue eyes and clean-shaven. The look on his face appears to be one of admiration and surprise, as he stares at you for a good while before speaking, as if measuring you up.

- Dude, that was insane! Your Buizel is off the charts!! You gotta be an awesome Trainer to have it pull off an attack like that, how long did it take for you to teach it to him?!

As he raves about your feat, deeply convinced that it was entirely a matter of skill, you give him a confused look. He witnessed the whole fight? He catches your stare and interrupts himself.

- I’m sorry man, I think I owe you an explanation. My name’s Sean, I’m a Gym Leader at Brine Island’s Salin City. And if you can’t guess by my name… - he reaches for a Pokeball in his belt and shows it to you – then I should tell you that the Sharpedo you just fought… is mine.

Suddenly, you’re at a loss. This guy might be your only hope of healing Maxwell… but he’s the one responsible for his injury in the first place! The hell was he thinking?!

- Look, I know you’re probably pissed. You have every right to be… But I had to know if I could count on you. You see, I spotted you with my binoculars a while ago, and I could tell you’re not just deepsea diving here by chance. You’re after something, and well, so am I! But what I’m looking for ain’t just any old cave of legend, filled with loot that may or may not be rusty kitchenware. I’m after something a lot more valuable, and a lot more dangerous… and I can’t do it on my own! So when I saw you, I had to test your mettle, get it? And man, did you deliver! I don’t think any of my own Water-Types could pull off a move like that, you’re the man! So…

He opens his backpack and retrieves a Super Potion, which he hands to Maxwell and urges him to drink.

- … you in? With our combined talents – and my diving gear, which you seem to lack -, I’m sure we’ll find some amazing stuff in no time! What’s a little danger for a wicked Trainer like you?!

Sean is deeply convinced that you’re the greatest Trainer he’s ever seen, not once contemplating the possibility that Maxwell doesn’t really know the Water Spout it used. He seems intent on finding something in particular, which may be completely irrelevant to you and even put you in harm’s way. On the other hand, he does have proper equipment which could help you in your own adventure, and it’s right there on the far end of the speedboat…

A number of possibilities are at your disposal now. How will you deal with this man, after all he has said and done?

The battle began quickly, with the Sharpedo biting down on Maxwell. James cringed at this and would’ve grabbed a potion then and there if he wasn’t too anxious about the battle. The weasel evaded the Sharpedo’s last attack- “Oh thank Arceus…” James thought, before finding that he wanted to hug Arceus. The WATER SPOUT that ensued was massive, and Maxwell’s luck was so unbelievable that James struggled to comprehend what just happened. Maxwell kicked up his tails and rode over to James to slap him back into reality with his uninjured arm.

“Right, better fix up that arm quick before that Sharpedo comes back…” James said, swinging his waterproof- pack over his shoulder to search through it. His hands dug into the organized chaos that was the bag, hunting for a Potion and gauze. He barely felt the first punch, but most certainly noticed the WATER GUN sprayed at him. “Gah, what is it…” He looked up and squinted to closer see the dot on the horizon. His fears that it was the Sharpedo again were quickly put to rest, however, when he heard the whir of an engine… Which meant it was a boat. “Now watch, Maxwell, as it mows us down.” Maxwell shot a glare which clearly meant, “Stop being a pessimistic dumbass and find the gauze.” “Relax, I’m sure nothing bad will happen. Maybe they’ll help us.” James calmly said, and waved over to the boatman.

The boat slowed as it reached him, and a man extended his hand. James zipped up the bag before reaching with one hand, Maxwell in the other. The captain pulled him up and James fell to the floor of the boat, setting Maxwell on the ground to sit while James stood up. “Let’s see, first impressions… Surfer. Beach boy, at least.” He thought to himself, sizing his rescuer up while he did the same. The pilot of the boat began to speak about Maxwell, raving about the weasel’s and James’ skills. “How did you see the fight?” James said, having no desire to introduce himself, the same as the other. What irritated him was that this man could’ve helped Maxwell and instead decided to sit on his boat and do diddly squat while Max was mauled. He introduced himself as Sean, a Gym Leader in Salin City, who happened to own a Sharpedo. James gave him a mental middle-finger. He then goes on to explain his plans, and handed a Super Potion- even better than what James would’ve done- to Maxwell. The Water-type gave no regards to modern machinery and bit off the top, dripping it slowly among the wound on his arm. The salt water within was pushed out, and the cut was even starting to heal a bit along the edges.

“Well, first of all, Maxwell here,” James began, pointing to his Buizel, “doesn’t know Water Spout. He knows Metronome. Almost every move is at his disposable, it’s just a bit random on which ones he uses. Second, we certainly weren’t finding anything on our own, so we might as well team up. Now, where do we start? I’m ready when you are.” He said, keeping an eye on Maxwell's arm.

OOC: Sorry about the delay for this. ^.^; For reference, the Pokemon I have on this adventure are
    Maxwell; Buizel
    Vincent; Snover
    Neville; Stunfisk
    Stats.
    Last edited by ApertureScience; 23rd January 2013 at 06:50 AM.

Default Apparently, I attract garbage. XD

I'm back with updates! Have fun, I'll try to get into a more regular updating schedule now that things are getting more regulated in my life.

Venom Island

Skull Tunnel

What will you do?
    Marion and Keith lead Biondello towards the entrance of the cave, ensuring that their steps are slow and measured so that the Girafarig can keep up. The trio, wary of future attackers, does their best to minimize the amount of noise they make, limiting their sound production to mere footsteps. Every so often, Marion turns back to check on Biondello and Connor, just to make sure that Connor is still conscious and stable, and that Biondello is not too fatigued by the task of transporting his trainer through the cave. Both trainer and Pokemon seem in good spirits, so the trek continues... though Marion tries to stay focused on watching out for potential danger, her mind is far too distracted by all that has happened to her and her friends thus far. Seviper nests... A possible clan of Trubbish... flying garbage... the cartographers Jon and Jen... There was definitely more than meets the eye going on around here, but with Connor in his current state, it was best to get him to the surface and help him recover before even so much as attempting to go back inside. Even if she did return to satisfy her curiosity, she would likely have to rely on her strongest Pokemon; calling out Sakura before had definitely been a mistake. She only hoped that the little trainee Pokemon would forgive her for putting her in such a dangerous situation, albeit unintentionally. And what was with that Seviper with a scar, anyway? Had a flying piece of trash cut the creature so deep that it endured an impromptu lobotomy? Was something more sinister going on? These thoughts swirl around in Marion's head, and in her attempts to process them, she almost misses the sound of footsteps in the cave, though Aislyn's sudden change in expression shakes Marion out of her reverie. At first, the Ninetales' ears perk, her eyes immediately turning in the direction of the footsteps... then, her nose begins to crinkle up as she makes a face, as if disgusted by something. Though the trainers become aware of the smell some time after the perceptive fire fox does, Marion recognizes her Pokemon's expression immediately. It was the same expression she made when Marion tried giving her organic, vitamin-rich Pokechow at the recommendation of Nurse Joy when Aislyn was just a young Vulpix, and she had reacted as if she had been given a plate full of Tauros dung. Clearly, something in the air smelled vile to her, but what could it be...?

"Be careful," she advises her friends, in a quiet voice. "I'm not sure what Aislyn smells, but I'm hoping it's not some kind of poisonous gas or something. Stay alert." Soon enough, the smell makes itself known to Marion's nostrils... The faint scent of rancid garbage, which becomes more and more distinct as the footsteps grow louder. As Aislyn focuses on the direction of the noise, poised to attack, Marion's hand hovers over her Dragonite's Pokeball, ready to call out her beloved defender if necessary. Her hand moves away from the Pokeball the moment she sees the source of the scent and footsteps, however; while the other two trainers pull out their Pokedex, Marion nods to August and motions for her to ease up a bit. After all, Marion could easily recognize the Pokemon from earlier conversations in the Bar with Keith, in which he had expressed to her just how much he had wanted this very garbage-like creature to join his team. The last thing Marion wanted to do was ruin Keith's chances at a Trubbish by having Aislyn destroy the poor thing with her powerful fire attacks. Marion turns to Keith, hoping that he will make some sort of logical move towards capturing or befriending the little Trubbish, but the moment the adorable garbage bag cocks her head with curiosity at the sight of the three trainers, he seems nearly paralyzed with cute overload, his eyes glittering with such a starstruck gaze that Marion wonders briefly if his brain has become a supernova. Sighing a bit, she gently grabs him by the shoulders and gives him a little bit of a shake, trying to talk some sense into him; "Keith, don't you think we should be figuring out what that Trubbish is doing here?"

Suddenly, the little Trubbish develops an adoring sparkle in its eyes, much as Keith had done moments before. Keith flings out his arms wide with a huge smile on his face as it makes a mad dash towards the trio, and Marion briefly thinks about how wonderful it was that the poison Pokemon had recognized Keith's adoration and love for it, and that the love was being responded to with such fervor; she is startled a bit at the sudden tug at the frayed ends of her dress, which had been torn to help create a bandage for Connor. Its little garbage hands smear all over the pale fabric; thankfully, Marion does not seem to mind the mess very much, chuckling a bit at the sheer irony that the garbage bag Pokemon was drawn to the trainer who had the absolute least intent on capturing it. Even so, Marion had a surprisingly big heart when it came to Pokemon of all kinds, and the Trubbish's enthusiasm was infectious.

"Hey there! Nice to meet you," Marion greets the Trubbish with a gentle smile. Keith is startled out of his cuteness trance by the rejection, and Marion gives him a bit of an embarrassed look, shaking her head as if trying to convey the fact that she had no intention of taking the Trubbish from him. He pulls out a Pokeball and eagerly suggests capturing Marion's new admirer, which is met with a bit of sass from the Trubbish, who hides behind Marion in protest. It clings to Marion's legs, and though the feeling of garbage clinging to her bare skin is... less than pleasant, she inhibits her discomfort surprisingly well under the circumstances. "We don't want to scare it away," she gently responds to Keith's vehement desire to go in for the capture immediately. "Why don't we try having our Pokemon talk to it first and maybe see if it knows something about what's going on around here...?" Myrtle and Foster are quick to remind the trainers that they can translate the Trubbish's speech. From Myrtle and Foster's description, it sounds as if the little one (who was apparently female) had run away from the Trubbish Village she called home... Before Myrtle and Foster can continue, Marion finds herself gently shaking Keith's shoulder once again, as the cuteness coma threatens to render him braindead. "We should listen to the rest of the story before daydreaming about a village full of Trubbish," she says with a bit of a laugh. The curious young Pokemon had apparently gotten her hands on a Pokemon egg, which she stored in a hidden location before resuming a game of hide-and-seek with her friends. She was attacked by a Seviper that matched the description of the one that had bitten Connor, and she had ran all the way to the cave. Perhaps that same Seviper was out looking for her, and that's why they ended up running into it at the cave...

"That sounds like the same Seviper that bit our friend," Marion says to the Trubbish, gesturing to Connor. "It was very mean to us. I am sorry to hear that it was mean to you, too." Connor and Keith seem enthusiastic about helping the Trubbish get back to her clan. Marion sighs a bit, looking hesitant. "Connor, you-" As if anticipating her concern, Connor immediately cuts her off, letting her know that he will be fine. Connor then remembers the picture he took of Bane Forest, and decides to hand Marion his camera; before that, however, he shows off a perfectly-executed shot of Keith's wide-eyed Trubbish admiration before flipping the picture, and Marion stifles a giggle. Connor teases Marion, saying that she's not allowed to delete the photo of Keith; "Hah, are you kidding? That's hilarious," she replies with a wide grin. She takes a quick photo of the photograph of the map (a bit of photoception) with her Xtranceiver, and hands the camera back to Connor. "Here, I don't want to be responsible for your camera if it breaks. I tend to be really clumsy with technology... Besides, if we get separated for some reason, I want both of us to have a copy of the map."

Sensing that the Trubbish would likely respond to her better than Connor or Keith, she offers her open arms to the small garbage bag, kindly offering to pick her up and carry her. After all, if she had ran all the way to the cave from her home, her legs must be incredibly tired. If she accompanied them, perhaps she could convince her fellow Trubbish to let them into the village and avoid any conflict with the residents, which would not only be rife with research interest and photo opportunities for Marion and Connor respectively, but Keith would certainly be happy to go and see so many Trubbish in one place... Perhaps there would be one that would take a liking to him, as this little girl had taken a liking to Marion. Besides, if those eggs had anything to do with what was going on in the cave, it would be wise to get a closer look at the Trubbish's stowed treasure. She gives the Trubbish a gentle smile. "What do you say? Want us to take you back to your village?"

Crater Island

Iridi Beach

Meetan: ”Oh, right. Alice, sorry, I-I-I’m bad with n-n-n-names…” Kenny blushes to the shade of a fire truck, writing so fast you’re half-expecting the paper to catch on fire. Aw, does the young boy have a crush? Wingy the Pidgey float in front of Kenny’s face, flapping his wings to create a little breeze – probably mistaking the cause for a fever. Pichu giggles a little before playfully pouncing Wingy, the two play-battling and tackling each other on the ground in front of you. You’re happy to see the two Pokémon getting along so well so quickly, but get snapped back into reality when Kenny softly taps your shoulder with his index finger. “S-s-s-sorry, but I-I-I-I have just a f-f-few more questions, then we’re s-s-s-set to go. Could you h-h-h-help out a little?” The Puppy-Dog Eyes of Doom are back, so you sigh and take the offered paper from him again. Before you get to reading the questions, you take note that Pichu’s climbing on Wingy’s back, the latter then flying a few feet from the ground – it doesn’t seem like anything you should worry about, since Pichu seems to be loving the ride. “I-I-I-I’ve never seen that happen, a flying Pichu.” Kenny laughs a little. He might have to give flirting a few more years, but you decide to humor him with a laugh of your own. Then you turn your attention to the cursed homework.

7. Describe the appearance and effects of a Hondew Berry.
    8. Name all evolved forms of Eevee.
    9. Revival Herbs grow in only one place. Name this location.
    10. What kind of locations is the Mouse Pokémon Raichu fond of?

After you’ve helped Kenny with his homework, he looks delighted. “Thank you so much! I-I-I have no idea why they ask us th-th-this stuff…will we ever r-r-really need to know all this?” Kenny looks around for a bit. “H-h-hey, where’d Wingy and Pichu go?” You both start looking around, the two Pokémon aren’t big and strong enough to have gotten too far. “M-m-maybe they’re playing hide and s-s-s-seek?” Kenny wonders out loud, scampering back up from the ground after checking under a few nearby bushes. Suddenly, you hear two loud cries and crackling electricity – that must be Pichu, and distressed at that! You’re dashing at the voices before you even realize it, Kenny trying hard to keep up with you. Finally, you reach a little alley way that leads to a dead end, trash and trash cans littering the place. Before you have the time to wonder what on earth got Pichu to come in this messy place, you hear the cry of your little friend. At the end of the alley, you see three boys who look about the same age as Kenny. They’ve surrounded Pichu and Wingy, the two Pokémon looking terrified – but Pichu’s trying to be brave, electricity coming from its cheeks. The boys aren’t fazed, instead laughing at your friends: “You think that’s gonna scare us? You little rat!”

What will you do?
    Alice smiles at Kenny regardless, telling him sweetly that it’s alright and that it sometimes happens with her, too. After all, she’s visited quite a few places by now and met a fair few people, not to mention all the new teachers and students at the academy she had spent so long studying at.

“Alrighty, a Hondew Berry...” The girl taps his pen on the counter, grinning at Pichu and Wingy, who seem to be getting on splendidly. She was worried for the bird Pokemon, however. The baby mice were notorious for zapping others and themselves by accident, and Pidgey would definitely feel it if such an accident happened. Unwilling to interrupt their play session while it was going so well, she got on with the homework. “Well, there’s the kid’s story of Yellow Forest, where Pikachu fly attached to balloons. So why not a Pichu? Anyway...

“A Hondew Berry is green with yellow bumps, and it has a stork with leaves on the top. If you feed it to a Pokemon it’ll be friendlier to you, but its special attacks will be weaker.” Alice began, pushing stray bangs behind her ear. “The evolved forms of Eevee are easier, and you should know these. Jolteon, Flareon, Vamporeon, Espeon, Umbreon, Leafeon and Glaceon.” She listed them off with a hint of scolding in her tone, “Revival Herbs grow on Milos Island. As for Raichu, I love them, so of course I’d know this. Forests, and places like Power Plants.”

Satisfied that they were done, the girl couldn’t help but remark that as annoying as homework was, it was nostalgic to complete it. “Some people learn these things on their journey, but you definitely need to know it. Especially the berries and the Eeveelutions – the latter you should know already! Study harder.” She bopped his forehead with the pen, and then frowned as the boy noted their Pokemon had escaped them. Concerned, the trainer followed him from the cafe, even more alarmed at the sound of trouble, in which she picked up her pace.

The sight they found in the alleyway evidently displeased her. The swimsuit-clad girl placed her hands on her hips.

“Are you bullying my Pichu and her new friend, you little shits?” She replaced her sunglasses with regular ones, narrowing her eyes now that the punks were in perfect vision. The baby looked over, crying out. “If you weren’t scared then, you better be now. She’s young, but she’s had some training and seen some good battles already. You better apologise now and scram or we’ll /both/ Mega Kick you out of ever having children! Y’hear me?”

This is why, cute kids like Kenny aside, she hated children.

((Stats.))

Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast