Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Cascadia

Blog Entries

Visit kaisap112's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Cascadia

Quote Originally Posted by MarbleZone View Post
    Crater Island

Iridi Beach

kaisap112: The aggressive, commanding tone of the woman got to you. Rather than wait and watch from a concealed position, emotion overwhelms you and makes come out of your hiding place to confront the person face-to-face. Being the dedicated partner that she is, Kitty stood ready to defend you from what may come, but there’s no denying that jumping head-first into a problem is not always a great idea.

Visibly upset for being interrupted, the woman turns around slowly. You take the time to gaze at her more attentively, and realize she is no ordinary lady. Even though it’s dark by now, you can still ascertain that she must be in her sixties; her hair, however, is dyed beach-blonde and elegantly curled. Her attire is woefully inappropriate to wear on such a place, but elaborate no-less: a long pink dress with glass beads embroidered to form abstract patterns, and silver-colored high heels that made absolutely no sense to wear on sand. Out-of-place as it is, there’s no doubt this lady has a well-defined sense of style.

She throws you an inquisitive look, her expression changing to one of disinterest after realizing who called her out – a little girl with a little cat. Turning her back to the cave and the Poliwag within, she calmly walks in your direction, largely ignoring your Skitty’s attempts at intimidation. The gait is slow and elegant, and you get the distinct impression she swings her hips a little too much to be natural. Stopping a few inches from you, she lets out a small chuckle, filled with contempt.

-Look what we have here. What happened sweetheart, can’t find your mommy? It’s dangerous to wander off like that, especially at such an hour… You never know what dangers you might run into!

She gently pushes Kitty aside with a foot, looking disgusted.

-Do take that filthy animal off of me, honey. And in all seriousness now… You shouldn’t be poking your nose into other people’s business. There are two things a silly little girl like you needs to know about life: don’t mess with your elders, and heroes don’t always win.

She turned to face the cave one more time.

- The Pokémon inside belong to me. I am no common poacher, I am a certified trainer, and what I do with my property is my own business, dear. That large Poliwag is simply a troublemaker who gets its kicks out of misguiding the smaller ones, always the rebel. But I have never failed to properly discipline my creatures, and this time will be no exception. Now, run along you snotty brat, this doesn’t concern you!

The woman brushed you off like you are little more than an annoyance; in part she’s right, this is really none of your business. Not only that, her confident demeanour may hide a fearsome opponent if you continue to stand in her way, and your Pokémon aren’t particularly strong at this point. On the other hand, there is no telling what lengths she will go to in order to “discipline her creatures”, and deep inside that bothers you immensely…

What will you do now?
    Finally Noriko got a good look at the source of the voice: a woman in her sixties. With her hair dyed a bleach-blonde and curled, a long pink dress and silver heels she did not look like she belonged in a dark wet cave. While trying to follow the patterns formed by the glass beads on the woman’s dress, Noriko wondered what sort of mess she was about to get herself into. The woman shot a questioning look her way, which quickly turned into disinterest. Apparently Kitty wasn’t the most intimidating thing she had ever seen – she started walking with enough swing in her hips to knock over a Snorlax. Noriko didn’t have a good feeling about this, but refrained from slinging a comment about working girls.

“Look what we have here. What happened sweetheart, can’t find your mommy? It’s dangerous to wander off like that, especially at such an hour… You never know what dangers you might run into!” The woman’s words made Noriko laugh out loud. “Pardon me, ma’am, but I’m ten years too old to need my mother to look after me. I think I saw someone from the retirement home looking for you, though.” She gritted her teeth as much as Kitty when the old bag pushed the small feline with her foot. Kitty hissed; she was pissed now! But the woman wasn’t done with her little speech yet.

“Do take that filthy animal off of me, honey. And in all seriousness now… You shouldn’t be poking your nose into other people’s business. There are two things a silly little girl like you needs to know about life: don’t mess with your elders, and heroes don’t always win.” Noriko couldn’t let that one go. “That ‘animal’ is my friend. And hero or not, I’m not going to just watch you abuse those Pokémon!” The woman turned to face the back of the cave.

“The Pokémon inside belong to me. I am no common poacher, I am a certified trainer, and what I do with my property is my own business, dear. That large Poliwag is simply a troublemaker who gets its kicks out of misguiding the smaller ones, always the rebel. But I have never failed to properly discipline my creatures, and this time will be no exception. Now, run along you snotty brat, this doesn’t concern you!”

Noriko had lost the last of her patience. “I don’t know what kind of disgrace of a trainer school would ever certify someone who calls their partners and friends ‘property’. I’m getting the feeling that you’re the misguiding troublemaker here, not that poor Poliwag. He’s hurt and I bet you’re the cause!” Kitty hissed loudly, ready to jump the evil lady at a moment’s notice. “In fact, the only one here who needs discipline is you. There won’t be any more of abusing those Pokémon!” Noriko grabbed a Pokéball from her belt, but Kitty meowed in protest. “If you’re up for it Kitty, I won’t stop you.” She then turned to the woman. “I challenge you to a Pokémon battle. Unless you’ve gotten old and rusty with all your age?”

Quote Originally Posted by kaisap112 View Post
    Hurray for updates! In news today: Takeo has dropped from the group and Fireray seems to have gone inactive. Tau is on a leave of absence. I won't be taking new updatees to replace the first two since I'm planning a bigger project, but let's continue with all of your adventures at last, shall we?

Venom Island

Skull Tunnel

uhhhhh, Missingno. Master & Marion Ette: With Lily and Liliana Flashing, the cave gets covered in a bright light that makes it fairly easy for everyone to see what’s going on. Myrtle uses her Psychic powers, lifting the Pecha Berry off Connor’s hand with ease and directing it into Connor’s open mouth. After Myrtle gets Connor to chew and swallow the berry, a few minutes pass in tense silence. Right before all the holding of breath makes all of you turn blue, Connor’s leg twitches. Then his fingers move a bit before he opens his eyes. Looks like he’s alive! Connor’s Pokémon jump on him immediately, every single one of happy to see their Trainer getting back to consciousness – though his leg is still injured and needs to be patched up. With a momentary brainstorm you decide to start heading out of the cave, since who knows what might be lurking in there, waiting to snap a neck or two. Connor's not up for walking in his state, so someone has to carry him, unless you have a more efficient idea...

What will you do?
    As Liliana and Lily light the cave, Marion watches with some measure of nervousness while Myrtle attempts to revive Connor with a Pecha Berry lifted via psychic abilities to the poisoned trainer's mouth. With some effort, Myrtle is able to get Connor to chew and swallow the berry, but it was difficult to tell whether or not this bit of first aid made any difference. Keith and Marion wait through the minutes that seem like hours, anxiously watching Connor and searching for any signs of improvement. Marion crosses her fingers, gritting her teeth and muttering a few words to Giratina in hopes that Connor would eventually open his eyes. It was not his time... No, not now. Connor had so much he still needed to accomplish! Marion couldn't let his life end this way.

Fortunately, Connor eventually shows signs of life through a leg twitch and an eye movement, which causes his Pokemon to immediately jump him with affection. The three trainers discuss their options, and agree that Connor's health comes first; even if there may be valuable Pokemon in the cave, Connor needed to be removed from the cave and tended to. It was not worth risking his life, or the lives of innocent Pokemon like the previously kidnapped Sakura, to continue this journey. They had to turn back.

Marion rips at the skirt of her dress, tearing ribbons of fabric from her skirt. Though her beautiful, ankle-length skirt is reduced to a tattered, knee-length mess, the fabric serves as a decent makeshift bandage for Connor's knee. Marion makes sure that she wraps the wound tightly, but not so tight as to restrict bloodflow. What Connor needed was a bandage, not a tourniquet. She ties the fabric in a bow, and though the bandage is a bit feminine given the fabric and the bow that Marion tied, it at least covered the wound nicely.

Marion did not like the fact that Lily was not certain that she could carry Connor out with her Confusion ability. After all, if Connor was dropped onto the cave floor, that would be yet another injury to worry about... Perhaps there was a way to provide a safety net of sorts. She unhooks Sangre's Pokeball, considering sending out the Crobat once again. "I think that Lily should use her confusion ability to lift Connor above Sangre's back. She can continue to make the burden light by using her confusion ability to levitate Connor off the ground, but Sangre will be there to provide a physical lift should Lily get tired or begin to slip. As long as Lily warns Sangre before she's about to drop Connor, he'll be able to maintain the weight until we get out of the cave. Sound good, Connor?"

Instead of agreeing with the plan, Connor suggests one of his own, which involves riding on his Girafarig, Biondello. Marion grins at the sight of the Pokemon that she has not seen before, and decides to let Crobat stay in his Pokeball. "All right, then. Biondello looks like a fine ride for you," Marion says, figuring it was better for the trainer to be led out of the cave by one of his own Pokemon. Throughout this ordeal, Marion's Ninetales remains stoic and calm by her side, her ruby eyes searching the cave for any danger that could try to sneak up on them. Marion gives Aislyn a reassuring pat on the head, and the Ninetales coos happily before returning to her self-assigned patrol duty.
    Last edited by Marion Ette; 25th December 2012 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Reworking in response to Connor's post

Glacier Island

Icicle Caverns

Celebii151: Boing gladly Teleports you across the door – definitely a perk of Psychic-types! Once you and your friends appear on the other side of the door, you witness a rather magnificent dark room: there are no ice sculptures, but instead red, silk-like fabrics draped all over the place and a bright fire is lit in the middle of the room. The crackling fire seems rather odd after all the ice and snow you’ve gotten through so far. What’s the more pressing matter is what the fire reveals from the darkness. There is a small group of Snorunt behind the fire, huddled together in front of a Froslass. Two Snorunt with Dawn Stones, the same ones you were chasing, approach the Froslass in the most respective manner, holding up the Stones. Froslass floats up from what looks like an icy throne, taking one Dawn Stone in each hand: are you witnessing some sort of ceremony? You, Boing and Larry hold your breaths, not sure how well this group would take an interruption. They don’t seem to have noticed you, instead absorbed into whatever it is that they’re doing. Froslass floats gracefully past the male Snorunt who back away on either side of her. She approaches the Snorunt group, which is either silent from utter respect or fear, suddenly starting to twirl among them with the Dawn Stones touching each and every one, setting off a large amount of white light as the ten female Snorunt start evolving…!

You stare in amazement as one Froslass after another starts twirling with the Froslass who appears to be the queen of the group, but while you’re busy trying to pick your jaw from the floor the queen stares right at you before waving her right hand in your direction, the new Froslass now twirling towards you! They don’t seem aggressive though, with their rather soft and attractive giggling…your Pokémon certainly don’t mind the attention.

What will you do?
    Cele waits anxiously as Boing's pearl glows, preparing to Teleport the trio to the other side of the sealed door. In a flash of light, Cele, Boing and Larry find themselves in a different location, as they take in their surroundings. The room is dark, with no light getting through from the surface, but luckily, there is a light source in the form of a warm, crackling fire. Cele notes that the ice sculptures of Snorunt that he saw outside are mysteriously absent. In their place, there are silky red fabrics draped around the room. Behind the fire, there is a Froslass, with a group of Snorunt gathered in front of her. "I knew there was a Froslass! I just wonder what those Snorunt are doing around her..." Cele whispers quietly to Boing and Larry. All of a sudden, two familiar faces dash towards the group of Snorunt. It was the two Snorunt from before, still carrying their Dawn Stones. They bow as much as a Snorunt can, and hold up the Dawn Stones to the Froslass.

The Froslass picks the Dawn Stones out of the Snorunt's hands, holding one in each hand. She rises from her frozen 'throne', with the Dawn Stones in her hands. "Aron?" Larry says as he tilts his head confusingly. "Ssh!" Cele says, also directed at Boing. "Boing, could you bounce a little quieter?" Cele says, as Boing attempts to. The male Snorunt create a path for the Froslass as she floats in between them, to the center of the Snorunt group. The Froslass begins to spin and twirl with the Dawn Stones in her hand, making sure that they come into contact with every Snorunt, which all begin to glow a brilliant white light. Cele, Boing and Larry cover their eyes, and when they open them, only two Snorunt remain, the ones from before. The other Snorunt have all evolved into Froslass, meaning that there are eleven Froslass! "Whoa!" Cele exclaims, unfortunately a bit too loud, as the 'queen' Froslass apparently heard him. She waves her right hand in Cele's direction, causing the newly evolved Froslass to surround him and his Pokemon, giggling and twirling around. Cele notices Boing and Larry blush as the Froslass surround them. "Seriously?" he thinks to himself.

Cele decides to confront the Froslass, before things get out of hand. "Um... hey Froslass." he starts, albeit a bit nervously, but why shouldn't he be nervous after what he read in the Pokedex? "Well, we mean no harm. I'm just a Trainer. I was pursuing those guys." Cele continues, pointing to the male Snorunt. "And I followed them here. I didn't mean to intrude on anything." Cele says as he awaits the Froslass' reaction.

Hurray for updates! In news today: Takeo has dropped from the group and Fireray seems to have gone inactive. Tau is on a leave of absence. I won't be taking new updatees to replace the first two since I'm planning a bigger project, but let's continue with all of your adventures at last, shall we?

Venom Island

Skull Tunnel

uhhhhh, Missingno. Master & Marion Ette: With Lily and Liliana Flashing, the cave gets covered in a bright light that makes it fairly easy for everyone to see what’s going on. Myrtle uses her Psychic powers, lifting the Pecha Berry off Connor’s hand with ease and directing it into Connor’s open mouth. After Myrtle gets Connor to chew and swallow the berry, a few minutes pass in tense silence. Right before all the holding of breath makes all of you turn blue, Connor’s leg twitches. Then his fingers move a bit before he opens his eyes. Looks like he’s alive! Connor’s Pokémon jump on him immediately, every single one of happy to see their Trainer getting back to consciousness – though his leg is still injured and needs to be patched up. With a momentary brainstorm you decide to start heading out of the cave, since who knows what might be lurking in there, waiting to snap a neck or two. Connor's not up for walking in his state, so someone has to carry him, unless you have a more efficient idea...

What will you do?

The group had waited a few minutes after Myrtle had forced a Pecha Berry into Connor's mouth to attempt to recover the poison. Keith and Marion were both waiting anxiously hoping that his condition would improve. Gaspard and Foster were both by his side, with Gaspard, being the one who was worried about him the most, looking all around his partner to check any signs of life. "...Aipo?!" Suddenly, Connor's leg twitched followed by his fingers until his eyes had finally opened.

"Uhh... hey... what happened?" Gaspard then jumped into Connor's arms as Keith, Marion, and Foster all sighed in relief to see Connor alive. "Oh... oh yeah. I was bitten by one of the the Sevipers, poisoning me and... I sort of collapsed didn't I? I'm really sorry for making all of you worry," he weakly said and smiled sadly as he recalled the events that just happened. "...You fool. I told you not to o-ver ex-ert your-self! What would have ha-ppened if you died huh?" Foster looked away as he spoke. The male Shuppet did not want to directly say it but he was concerned for him as well.

"All right, shall we get movi-guh!" he slowly tried to get up, only to stop when he felt the pain on his leg. Gaspard stared at it, thinking about what he could do to help him. He then had an idea though he wasn't sure if it could could work as he had never tried to use this move to humans until now; it probably wouldn't hurt to try though. The Aipom then tried to concentrate as he attempts to use the move Softboiled on Connor's leg, attempting to heal his injury...

The group then talked about their next course of action while Marion tended to Connor's wound by making a makeshift bandage out of her dress (Connor apologized once again for her having to do this) and while Connor was, at first, disagreeing to their plan saying that he would be fine, they thought that getting out of this place was the best course of action as they could not risk putting to Connor's life in any more danger and he reluctantly agreed, seeing as there was no other way to convince them. (plus he would never hear the end of it from Foster if he didn't agree) They then talked about how to get Connor out, what with his injured leg and all, and he then interrupted their discussion. "Um... wait guys, hold on a second! I have a Pokemon I can ride on..." he said as he picked out one of the Pokeballs from his belt.

"Do I have him with me...? Oh yes, I do. Biondello, come on out!" he said as a Girafarig came out of the ball. "Hey Biondello. Sorry, but can I ask you a favor? Could you carry me around? I got hurt real bad and I can't exactly walk around right now..." he said to him which the Girafarig happily nodded. "Oh, thank you! You'll have to use your psychic powers to lift me up to your back though," he said as he faced back to Keith and Marion, "Oh yeah... you guys haven't met him have you? His name's Biondello, my Girafarig. He should be able to carry me out of here just fine. I should have said something right from the get go, sorry about that. Well then, shall we go?"
    Last edited by uhhhhh; 25th December 2012 at 07:31 AM.
    FB

URPG

Crater Island

Iridi Beach

Meetan: The boy raises his gaze. “Oh, he-he-hello. You were at that TV-show thing too, right? I-I-I’m Kenny and thi-this is Wingy.” The Pidgey flaps his wings, happy to meet new people. He backs away slightly at the sight of a Pichu though, Electric-types not necessarily a great combination with Flying-types. “Wi-wi-wingy was too noisy in the library, so w-w-we were told to leave…and I’ve got my s-s-summer homework to finish. My mom called earlier and s-s-said I can’t go see Staryu if I haven’t finished the homework…but I don’t know a-a-any of this stuff…could you help me?” You see an opportunity: if you help him, no way he’d deny you knowledge of where the Staryu gather! You ask to see the questions first though, to see what kinds of answers are required…

Kenny gives you a slip of paper, apparently a handout from his school. You sweatdrop slightly at the logo of a local elite school, Kaede Academy, located at the top of the paper. Either the kid is really smart, rich, or both! You move on to see the questions:

1. Give three important facts about the evolution line of Chansey. (Specifically, the Pokémon and its evolutions!)
    2. Describe (with at least three sentences) and/or draw a Ludicolo.
    3. Which Berries have the following effects? A) Heals Paralysis B) Confuses Lonely Pokémon C) Raises Critical Hit ratio in a pinch D) Slows down, but increases friendliness

The questions continue, but you have a look at Kenny first. “Can you help me, Miss Alicia?”He looks at you with big puppy eyes.

What will you do?
    [/SIZE][/color]
    Alice listened to Kenny with a patient smile, taking a seat beside him when she knew this wasn't going to be a quick issue to solve. Pichu didn't really understand why Wingy was so hesitant, either, popping from her trainer's shoulder to wave her arms about cheerfully in mimicry, seemingly returning the gesture of introduction. When the boy was finished his explanation, she grimaces at the sight of the prestiegious badge. Her Academy was good, but not that good.

"Okay, well, first thing's first. I can't draw to save my life but I'm sure you can do one based on this or write a few sentences about it." The girl replied, taking out her bright pink and green pokedex, which triggered itself at the word Ludicolo on the page: 'If it hears festive music, all its muscles fill with energy. It can't help breaking out into a dance.' She smiled at Dexter's explanation, and then continued on.

"As for Chansey, they're an all female line. They're the only line of Pokemon to learn Softboiled naturally without a TM or tutoring and~" She strained while she thought of her final point, "They're all shaped like eggs with pouches. But if that isn't good enough, you could mention how Happiny evolves with an oval-shaped stone in its pouch during the day, and how Chansey evolves when its really, really happy! Which leaves us with berries..."

This was the harder part, for sure. Doing it from memory was going to be a bitch. "Cheri Berries heal paralysis." Alice told Kenny almost right away, getting the easy part out of the way first, leaving a delay as she considered the rest of the answers, "Tamato Berry is the answer to the last question, and the critical hit thing is... Lansat Berry? I'm just guessing that one. So... the Lonely thing is... Sour... Which is... Iapapa?" The trainer glanced at Pichu, who tilted her tiny head in equal puzzlement. "I tried.

"And it's Alice, by the way. Not Alicia. But you're welcome. Homework is awful." The teenager laughed, shrugging her shoulders.

((Stats.))

New round of updates to my speedy repliers! Also, welcome to jolteonjak who I’m picking back up, since his adventure was on hold! Hope you have fun, and if there’s anything you don’t like about my writing style, please let me know!

----

Aduro Island

Geyser Park

Hayward: Look here

Aduron Chasm

takkupanda: Look here

Ruin Island

Amor Temple

Stark: Look here

Lily Island

The Red Forest

PikaGod: Look here

The Silver Forest

hen da man: Look here

King Ghidorah: Look here

jolteonjak: You run as fast as you can, both aimlessly and with a very clear purpose. Heracross follows closely behind you, flying just above ground-level, as the two of you desperately try to find a good tree to climb before you’re stomped to death.

After what seems like an eternity, Heracross suddenly speeds up and clings to a particularly large tree with a rugged truck; you should have no problems climbing it. Falling down on all fours, the beetle urges you to step on him to climb faster, which you waste no time in doing. Propelled by your Pokemon, you make it to a firm-looking branch and perch yourself on it, just as the ground below begins to shake even more violently and the noise increases in intensity… Now it’s you urging Heracross to hurry up and climb himself, as you begin to make something out in the distance… a huge brown wave that lifts up an impressive amount of dust as it speeds toward you, felling the occasional tree much to your despair!

At the last minute, Heracross joins you on the strong branch, and the two of you grab on to it as hard as you can, as the tree begins to shake violently amidst the terrifying stampede. You try to identify the animals running about, and at first it seems to be a Tauros herd… but upon closer inspection you realize that there is a large tuft of hair covering most of the quadrupeds’ heads. They’re Bouffalant!

The tree shakes even more violently as a particularly large buffalo rams into it, almost sending you crashing down to your death… and suddenly, the entire herd stops dead in its tracks. Huffing, slam their hooves on the ground restlessly, they seem eager to resume their run, but something – or someone – clearly forced them to stop. And sure enough, after a little while longer, you understand the reason.

Trotting slowly among the rest, coming into view, one Bouffalant stands out – on its back is a man – a very large man – with his hand raised high. Did the entire raging stampede stop with just a simple gesture?...
    You take a long look at the man from the safety of your hiding place. He’s probably in his mid-thirties, with dark skin and completely bald, wearing only animal skins around his waist, sandals and a bead necklace; both very tall and muscular, with broad shoulders and huge hands, he exudes an imposing aura, further emphasized by the countless tribal tattoos that cover most of his torso and upper arms. His Bouffalant continues to march slowly in the direction of your tree, stopping mere inches from away from the trunk… and he looks straight up at you, his expression unreadable, but the certainty of his movements revealing that he’s known your location for a while. But how could he have?!

Standing in compete silence, his light-blue eyes fixed on you without blinking, the man doesn’t move a muscle. For now.

With no way of knowing whether he’s hostile or not, and with the distinct impression that just standing where you are now isn’t really an option (especially since the Bouffalant looks like it can just topple the tree if instructed), you’ll have to make a decision…

What do you do?

Crater Island

Iridi Beach

kaisap112: It is evident to you that this woman is guilty of at least two crimes: murdering fashion and mistreating Pokemon, and the latter you cannot forgive. Standing up for the Poliwag, you boldly order Kitty into battle as you challenge the old lady to a one-on-one match.

Biting her pink lipstick-covered lip in anger, the woman loses her composure and lashes out at you.

- The nerve of you!The insolence!! Didn’t your parents teach you any manners?! I am your elder and I demand to be treated respectfully! Not only that, your accusations are completely false! I treat my pets with the utmost love and care, I simply demand the same affection in return. But instead, these ungrateful little critters ran away from the laborat… I mean, the Daycare Centre! In any case, this is none of your business, you nosey brat! But if I must…

Opening her purse, she retrieves a Luxury Ball from within.

- … then I will make sure you never forget the day you crossed paths with Amelia Vas Hengel! Go, dear Solstice!

From the Luxury Ball emerges a magnificent Ninetales, its fur glistening under the moonlight with awe-inspiring beauty. Howling, it spreads its many tails in a circle, as embers fly from its nostrils. And furthermore, there is something else different about this Pokemon that you can’t quite point out …

- See dear, remember what I said earlier? “Don’t mess with your elders, and heroes don’t always win”? You’ll see exactly what I mean!

As the sun begins to rise, the woman’s features become progressively clearer – every wrinkle, every bit of excessive makeup, it all comes together to reassure you that, no matter how ostensibly she dresses, how regal she tries to look, she is still one remarkably ugly old woman. Quite a sharp contrast with her Ninetales, who… wait, sunrise? Wasn’t the sun setting just a while back? Unless you lost track of time… it was almost nightfall when you reached the island on Minori’s back, so… what’s happening here?!

- Ohohoho, did you just notice? My beloved Solstice is a very, very special Pokemon indeed… just like all my other creatures! She’s just dreamy, wouldn’t you say? Now do you realize what you’ve gotten yourself into, you uneducated baby?

The unnaturally gifted Ninetales growls at Kitty, poised to strike at any moment, just awaiting Amelia Vas Hengel’s command.

Against such an enemy, what do you do?

Brine Island

Salin City

Arc_Angel & lilbluecorsola: Look here

Ion Island

Storm Lake

Myahoo: Cam clenches his fist upon hearing your final decision. His expression hardens but he doesn’t answer you directly; instead, his only words for now are directed at his Pokemon.

- Ampharos, use Flash to spot her Cyndaquil through the smoke, and counter his Extrasensory with your Signal Beam!

The Light Pokemon is a particularly bad opponent to use blinding tactics on, as you soon realize. Just as your Cyndaquil expels a cloud of black smoke, the gem on Ampharos’s forehead glows briefly before exploding in a flash of light so strong that your own eyes hurt. And sure enough, that provides the opponent with all the visibility it needs to see the Extrasensory stream fly in its direction, allowing counter with a Signal Beam at the same time! Both energy blasts collide with impressive force, sending a shockwave through the makeshift arena that whips up sand all around the combatants. Wildfire, due to its smaller size, is pushed back and loses its footing, falling on its back before getting up quickly… but Cam is intent on capitalizing on the small window of opportunity.

- Ampharos, there’s your opening, go for Confuse Ray!

Glowing purple, your opponent shoots several orbs in Wildfire’s direction just as it gets back to its feet, enveloping it briefly before dispersing into thin air. Urging your partner to strike with Nature Power, you watch in horror as the Cyndaquil instead sticks its snout in the sand again, as it had done before, oblivious to your command. Confusion having taken the better of him, he is unable to carry out your order, and is wide open for whatever attack Ampharos launches next…

- The strategy was sound… but straightforward.

You look at Cam; instead of focusing on his Pokemon, his attention is now turned to you, but is expression remains unchanged… sad.

- You think like a regular Trainer. You don’t account for the unforeseen events, for the surprises. All action, but so little reaction… that’s not how the world works; not how the struggle will work. When Zapdos and Raikou fight again, whenever that may be, there will be moments of pure chaos, confusion… Other times, you will be paralyzed with fear, unable to move. You know in theory what that means in a Pokemon battle, but this isn’t theory anymore! Show me you can overcome this confusion, and show me you won’t be paralyzed, by fear or electricity! Because there will be plenty of both in the near future, Melissa… Ampharos, Thunder Wave, then wipe it out with a Thunder !

The Ampharos’s body begins crackling with electricity, small sparks dancing from its fur as it prepares to put an early end to the match…

What do you do?

Glacier Island

Boreal Wastelands

Trepie: The plan is risky, and you are well aware of your odds of success. Still, pitted against three hungry polar bears, any plan at all seems like a good plan; if anything, you can take pride in knowing you had the presence of mind to conjure one up in the first place.

Tossing the apple as hard as you can, you watch as it flies past the Beartic and lands a few feet away from them. One of them seems to take an interest in the scented projectile, turning its head to the fruit and moving slothfully toward it; even if it peaked its curiosity, the bear is simply mildly entertained, and it won’t be long before it either devours the apple or its focus shifts back to the more meaty prospects inside the cave.

The remaining two bears, unfortunately, are much more inclined to claim the bigger prize; one small apple is a poor tradeoff for a human and a giant lizard. Growling ferociously as they move toward you, famished but visibly weary of the danger your Charizard poses, they force you to move deeper into the cave to avoid coming within reach of their claws. Seeing that your distraction was only partially successful, Ares dutifully follows your instructions and unleashes a vicious Flamethrower at the snow. Much as you expected, a huge steam cloud kicks up, and the Beartic themselves move several steps back, afraid of the fire.

Capitalizing on the successful distraction, you make a run for it deeper into the cave, with Ares following closely behind. Unfortunately, after no more than twenty steps, you realize in horror that the cave doesn’t go any deeper! It was a slim hope, considering the structures that form the cave are simply some ice formations in the middle of a frozen plains… Turning around to the entrance once more, you see the two Beartic have recovered and are about to give chase… and if they do, the exit will become completely blocked! And to make matters worse, you hear a cracking noise directly above your head, as a few water drops fall on your head… The icy walls of the cave are melting, probably because of your Charizard’s heat!

Cornered and with few options left, Ares realizes he’ll have to bring the fight to the opponents. Remembering your orders, he lunges forward and smashes his fist right into one of the Beartic’s face, leveling it with a fierce Mega Punch! In retaliation, the other bear Slashes Ares with its huge claw ,making him writhe in pain, and follows it up with a ferocious Growl, which coupled with its sheer size advantage makes your Charizard all the less willing to continue the fight.

One of the Beartic remains outside, another one is dazed on the ground from Ares’s Mega Punch, but the third one is remains a very real threat – and there’s no telling when the others will join the struggle! With the odds now firmly stacked against you, Ares hesitant to battle and the dripping water from the cave’s ceiling reminding you that time is running out as well, you’ll have to think fast and act decisively…

What do you do?!
    Last edited by MarbleZone; 27th December 2012 at 09:35 PM.

Glacier Island

Boreal Wastelands

Trepie: The plan is risky, and you are well aware of your odds of success. Still, pitted against three hungry polar bears, any plan at all seems like a good plan; if anything, you can take pride in knowing you had the presence of mind to conjure one up in the first place.

Tossing the apple as hard as you can, you watch as it flies past the Beartic and lands a few feet away from them. One of them seems to take an interest in the scented projectile, turning its head to the fruit and moving slothfully toward it; even if it peaked its curiosity, the bear is simply mildly entertained, and it won’t be long before it either devours the apple or its focus shifts back to the more meaty prospects inside the cave.

The remaining two bears, unfortunately, are much more inclined to claim the bigger prize; one small apple is a poor tradeoff for a human and a giant lizard. Growling ferociously as they move toward you, famished but visibly weary of the danger your Charizard poses, they force you to move deeper into the cave to avoid coming within reach of their claws. Seeing that your distraction was only partially successful, Ares dutifully follows your instructions and unleashes a vicious Flamethrower at the snow. Much as you expected, a huge steam cloud kicks up, and the Beartic themselves move several steps back, afraid of the fire.

Capitalizing on the successful distraction, you make a run for it deeper into the cave, with Ares following closely behind. Unfortunately, after no more than twenty steps, you realize in horror that the cave doesn’t go any deeper! It was a slim hope, considering the structures that form the cave are simply some ice formations in the middle of a frozen plains… Turning around to the entrance once more, you see the two Beartic have recovered and are about to give chase… and if they do, the exit will become completely blocked! And to make matters worse, you hear a cracking noise directly above your head, as a few water drops fall on your head… The icy walls of the cave are melting, probably because of your Charizard’s heat!

Cornered and with few options left, Ares realizes he’ll have to bring the fight to the opponents. Remembering your orders, he lunges forward and smashes his fist right into one of the Beartic’s face, leveling it with a fierce Mega Punch! In retaliation, the other bear Slashes Ares with its huge claw ,making him writhe in pain, and follows it up with a ferocious Growl, which coupled with its sheer size advantage makes your Charizard all the less willing to continue the fight.

One of the Beartic remains outside, another one is dazed on the ground from Ares’s Mega Punch, but the third one is remains a very real threat – and there’s no telling when the others will join the struggle! With the odds now firmly stacked against you, Ares hesitant to battle and the dripping water from the cave’s ceiling reminding you that time is running out as well, you’ll have to think fast and act decisively…

What do you do?!
    The apple achieved minor success, in the very least dividing the Beartic. Still watching the two that remained growl and push forward was disheartening to say the least. Ares didn't miss a beat. His Flamethrower aimed perfectly into the snow to kick off an impressive blast of steam. It was enough to try and get some distance on them. Tapping Ares on the shoulder, the pair turned and ran deeper into the cave. To both of their dismay the cave ended abruptly. Dead end. Looking around, Auric was surprised by a cracking noise and some water from the roof of the cave. Ares tail was kicking off enough heat to melt the cave. Turning back towards the entrance of the cave he saw the two massive Beartic lumbering closer.

Seeing that they were in danger Ares rushed forward into battle while Auric stood in the back of the cave thinking of their next move. He had to think quick or they were both going to end up in pieces. Auric turned back to the fight just in time to see Ares take a Slash across his chest. Ares staggered backwards and stopped. Auric had to even the odds and he had to get them out of this cave.

Pulling a pokeball off his belt he tossed it to the ground in front of Ares. The brilliant flash of light slowly took shape of Pandora his Cloyster. "Pandora, I need you to keep those two busy for a few minutes. Use Barrier and then Ice Barrier. If they get too close to me or Ares use Rapid Spin to fend them off." Auric said as he started to take his jacket off.

He realized it was freezing but he knew Ares tail needed some protection if the next part of his plan was going to work. "Ares I need you to use your Flamethrower like a blowtorch on the roof. You need to melt us a way out." Shivering from the cold Auric held his coat over Ares tail to shield it from the water of the melting ice. "Once you get it weak enough blast it with Flame Burst to blow a hole in it, I'll return Pandora and then you Fly us out of here." He had faith in both of his pokemon to get their jobs done. He just had to hope he would be able to resist the frigid cold long enough with out his jacket for them to accomplish what they needed to.
    Fizzy Bubbles
    Trade Post

Current Team
    --------
    ----------

Blog Entries

Visit kaisap112's Youtube Channel

Crater Island

Iridi Beach

kaisap112: It is evident to you that this woman is guilty of at least two crimes: murdering fashion and mistreating Pokemon, and the latter you cannot forgive. Standing up for the Poliwag, you boldly order Kitty into battle as you challenge the old lady to a one-on-one match.

Biting her pink lipstick-covered lip in anger, the woman loses her composure and lashes out at you.

- The nerve of you!The insolence!! Didn’t your parents teach you any manners?! I am your elder and I demand to be treated respectfully! Not only that, your accusations are completely false! I treat my pets with the utmost love and care, I simply demand the same affection in return. But instead, these ungrateful little critters ran away from the laborat… I mean, the Daycare Centre! In any case, this is none of your business, you nosey brat! But if I must…

Opening her purse, she retrieves a Luxury Ball from within.

- … then I will make sure you never forget the day you crossed paths with Amelia Vas Hengel! Go, dear Solstice!

From the Luxury Ball emerges a magnificent Ninetales, its fur glistening under the moonlight with awe-inspiring beauty. Howling, it spreads its many tails in a circle, as embers fly from its nostrils. And furthermore, there is something else different about this Pokemon that you can’t quite point out …

- See dear, remember what I said earlier? “Don’t mess with your elders, and heroes don’t always win”? You’ll see exactly what I mean!

As the sun begins to rise, the woman’s features become progressively clearer – every wrinkle, every bit of excessive makeup, it all comes together to reassure you that, no matter how ostensibly she dresses, how regal she tries to look, she is still one remarkably ugly old woman. Quite a sharp contrast with her Ninetales, who… wait, sunrise? Wasn’t the sun setting just a while back? Unless you lost track of time… it was almost nightfall when you reached the island on Minori’s back, so… what’s happening here?!

- Ohohoho, did you just notice? My beloved Solstice is a very, very special Pokemon indeed… just like all my other creatures! She’s just dreamy, wouldn’t you say? Now do you realize what you’ve gotten yourself into, you uneducated baby?

The unnaturally gifted Ninetales growls at Kitty, poised to strike at any moment, just awaiting Amelia Vas Hengel’s command.

Against such an enemy, what do you do?
    As expected, the old bag lost every last bit of composure at Noriko’s words. “The nerve of you! The insolence!! Didn’t your parents teach you any manners?! I am your elder and I demand to be treated respectfully! Not only that, your accusations are completely false! I treat my pets with the utmost love and care; I simply demand the same affection in return. But instead, these ungrateful little critters ran away from the laborat… I mean, the Daycare Centre!”
    “Daycare Centre? Sure, right.” Noriko stretched the vowel in the word “right” for a good while, rolling her eyes in disbelief at the same time. Even a child wouldn’t believe the woman at this point. Kitty hissed in agreement.

“In any case, this is none of your business, you nosey brat! But if I must… then I will make sure you never forget the day you crossed paths with Amelia Vas Hengel! Go, dear Solstice!” The woman seemed to be serious, but Noriko couldn’t help but laugh. Bad taste in fashion and parents with a bad taste in last names? Fitting for such an old windbag! But her laughter came to a stop when Amelia dug a Luxury Ball out of her purse and threw it. Out of it came a most beautiful Ninetails, spreading her numerous tails and letting small flames come out of her nostrils. There was something peculiar about this canine though…

“See dear, remember what I said earlier? ‘Don’t mess with your elders, and heroes don’t always win’? You’ll see exactly what I mean!” Suddenly the Ninetails’ fur stopped glistening in the moonlight…instead glistening with what appeared to be sunlight. Wait, what? “How’s the sun up? It was night when we got here, and we haven’t been here that long!” Amelia didn’t seem to miss the slightly puzzled look on Noriko’s face.

“Ohohoho, did you just notice? My beloved Solstice is a very, very special Pokemon indeed… just like all my other creatures! She’s just dreamy, wouldn’t you say? Now do you realize what you’ve gotten yourself into, you uneducated baby?” Noriko, with the help of daylight, could finally clearly see her opponent’s face…and it was not pretty. Caking her face in make-up hadn’t done Amelia’s wrinkles any favors, but the exact opposite; though Noriko had no doubt the woman didn’t look any younger without it. It was truly a miracle that a Ninetails that pretty could have been brought up by such a hag…unless it had been kidnapped or something to that effect? The Pokémon growled at Kitty, ready to attack on command. Kitty hissed right back, more than ready to show what she was made of.

Noriko closed her eyes, going through a battle strategy. The weird sunlight seemed like an ability of Ninetails’: most likely Drought, as rare as it was. “You really think a little light will scare us off? You must be more demented than I thought. Kitty, start with Fake Out, then split with Double Team and use Faint Attack!”

New round of updates to my speedy repliers! Also, welcome to jolteonjak who I’m picking back up, since his adventure was on hold! Hope you have fun, and if there’s anything you don’t like about my writing style, please let me know!
    Thank you! =D

Lily Island

The Silver Forest

jolteonjak: You run as fast as you can, both aimlessly and with a very clear purpose. Heracross follows closely behind you, flying just above ground-level, as the two of you desperately try to find a good tree to climb before you’re stomped to death.

After what seems like an eternity, Heracross suddenly speeds up and clings to a particularly large tree with a rugged truck; you should have no problems climbing it. Falling down on all fours, the beetle urges you to step on him to climb faster, which you waste no time in doing. Propelled by your Pokemon, you make it to a firm-looking branch and perch yourself on it, just as the ground below begins to shake even more violently and the noise increases in intensity… Now it’s you urging Heracross to hurry up and climb himself, as you begin to make something out in the distance… a huge brown wave that lifts up an impressive amount of dust as it speeds toward you, felling the occasional tree much to your despair!

At the last minute, Heracross joins you on the strong branch, and the two of you grab on to it as hard as you can, as the tree begins to shake violently amidst the terrifying stampede. You try to identify the animals running about, and at first it seems to be a Tauros herd… but upon closer inspection you realize that there is a large tuft of hair covering most of the quadrupeds’ heads. They’re Bouffalant!

The tree shakes even more violently as a particularly large buffalo rams into it, almost sending you crashing down to your death… and suddenly, the entire herd stops dead in its tracks. Huffing, slam their hooves on the ground restlessly, they seem eager to resume their run, but something – or someone – clearly forced them to stop. And sure enough, after a little while longer, you understand the reason.

Trotting slowly among the rest, coming into view, one Bouffalant stands out – on its back is a man – a very large man – with his hand raised high. Did the entire raging stampede stop with just a simple gesture?...
    You take a long look at the man from the safety of your hiding place. He’s probably in his mid-thirties, with dark skin and completely bald, wearing only animal skins around his waist, sandals and a bead necklace; both very tall and muscular, with broad shoulders and huge hands, he exudes an imposing aura, further emphasized by the countless tribal tattoos that cover most of his torso and upper arms. His Bouffalant continues to march slowly in the direction of your tree, stopping mere inches from away from the trunk… and he looks straight up at you, his expression unreadable, but the certainty of his movements revealing that he’s known your location for a while. But how could he have?!

Standing in compete silence, his light-blue eyes fixed on you without blinking, the man doesn’t move a muscle. For now.

With no way of knowing whether he’s hostile or not, and with the distinct impression that just standing where you are now isn’t really an option (especially since the Bouffalant looks like it can just topple the tree if instructed), you’ll have to make a decision…

What do you do?

OOC: For a couple updates, at least, I'd like to keep the timeline close to the time I got Heracross, which was also around his birthday. If that gets in the way of your story, then that's fine.

As the stampede got louder and more fearsome, Chad frantically searched the trees he and Heracross were running by for something sturdy enough to hold the two of them. The herd was getting closer. Finally at long last, Heracross spotted an acceptable tree, and he scurried over to the tree to catch Chad's attention.

"You think that tree will work?" Chad asked between breaths. He ran over to Heracross, who had gotten on all fours to suggesting Chad use him as a stepping stool. He stepped on Heracros's back, then quickly hopped up to a strong limb taking care not to put too much weight on his Stag Beetle. Chad looked over at the source of the sound. He saw, amidst an enormous dust cloud, the forest they were in become browned by the oncoming stampede.

Chad looked back at Heracross and reached out a hand. "Hurry up Heracross!" he called out. "They'll stomp you flat in seconds."

For a split-second, Heracross thought about facing what was racing towards them; but he decided against this and jumped straight up. With his wings fluttering, he got the extra lift he needed to catch Chad's hand and swing up to the safety of the limb.

He looked back at the wave of destruction that was about to strike. He watched numerous trees falling in their wake. He and Heracross could feel their very own tree begin to shake. He then noticed the cause were actually creatures, four-legged with horns. His first thought was that they were Tauros, but with all the extra fur on their heads, he wasn't so sure anymore. He took his Pokedex out of his pocket and scanned the bull-like Pokemon:

Quote Originally Posted by Pokedex
    Bouffalant, the Bash Buffalo Pokemon. Bouffalant are known to charge so wildly that if a trainer were to enter their territory, they would send them flying. Their headbutts have enough force to derail a train.
    Chad was suddenly thankful their tree wasn't headbutted by the Bouffalant. Still, he had to wonder why they stampeded in the first place. All of a sudden one of the Bouffalant struck the tree. Chad and Heracross both held on as tight as they could. The force of the headbutt shook the tree so much, Chad thought he would fall off.

The ruckus caused by the Bouffalant came to a halt when Chad noticed one last Bouffalant appear. On its back was a man bald and muscular covered in tattoos. Chad thought he might be a native of the forest judging on how he seemed to control the Bouffalant. The man glared at Chad, never wavering.

Chad couldn't tell how to read this man. Was he friend or foe? Was he the one who sent the arrows? Carefully, Chad sat up on the branch, still holding on for safety. Heracross hopped over Chad to base of the branch and held onto the trunk ready to defend Chad. "Hello," Chad said taking a chance. "My name," hand on himself,"is Chad." Pointing to the man, "Who are you?" Chad waited for a response. Perhaps his nerves got the better of him, because he couldn't wait for a response. "Do you live around here?"

Stats
    Last edited by jolteonjak; 29th December 2012 at 12:46 PM. Reason: Fixing pronouns...

We do what we must ApertureScience's Avatar

Lightbulb Cascadia Adventure: Auronous Caverns Intro

Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Silver Ocean
    Auronos Caverns - Deep below the surface of the Silver Ocean, several caves are scattered along the seafloor, each of them leading into a complex series of undersea caves. It is said that the one who can find their way to the so called "Treasure Chamber" will find prizes beyond their imagination, though one would have to get through the perils the caverns hold first...
    The sea was a nice place, really. Boats were nice as well. Lazily floating among the green-blue waters, fish swimming below... Boats were nice. Some even had food on them. Usually seafood. Sailboats, motorboats, house boats, all were nice types of boats.

There are exceptions to every rule.

Like the boat James happened to be on. The boat was a dingy, really, with a small roof barely large enough to protect the short captain from rain. James was stuck in the front of the boat alongside Maxwell, who was curled up in his lap with his back arched. He most likely wanted to kill the captain; a man standing at about 5'3 who was missing a few teeth and sanity. Multiple times he had charged his boat over a wave which could've capsized them with a crooked grin.

"'Er kay, this looks like a good spot for treasure huntin'!" Captain called out, pulling the ship to a stop abrubtly, throwing James and the Buizel towards the back of the ship. The Buizel jumped up and almost mauled the seaman before James grabbed him by the foot and pulled him back. "Heh, I fiesty little weasel fit for the sea. Good luck with him, boy. Try not to drown, er' kay?" The man tossed James a bin- James assumed it was incase there was anything valuable that he wanted to leave on the boat so that the man could steal it.

"No, thanks though." James said. He had already prepared himself for this. He had brought a watertight bag with him: useful until he had found one of the underground cavern. That was his purpose for coming here: Attempting to find a cave and explore it. Hopefully, he would find one and come back with treasure. He had also brought a wetsuit, which he was now wearing, his normal clothes in his bag."We'll be off now. Are you gonna stay here or come back later?" James asked before he left. He didn't want to be abandoned out in the middle of the sea.

"Ehhhhhh... I'll stay. I can fish a bit an' maybe find some food for supper while I wait. You go along now." The seaman said, waving James away. The boy nodded and looked at Maxwell. The weasel went first into the water, making a dive into it from the side of the boat. James held onto the side of the ship, wary of the water. What if there was a school of Carnavah or something similar? James eventually swallowed his fear took the jump into the icy water. The cold gave him an inital jolt, but Maxwell quickly grabbed onto him and remembered his SURFing skills.

"Okay, DIVE down. Look around for caves." James said and Maxwell nodded. The Buizel DOVE and both James and himself struggled to see through the water without goggles. They came back up for air, then went back down. It continued like this for some time, until eventually they took a short break, breathing heavily above the water. The two took the plunge one more time, searching for their chance at treasure...

OOC: If anybody does have an open slot, that's great, but otherwise there's no need to rush getting me in. Stats
    Last edited by ApertureScience; 5th March 2013 at 07:49 PM.

Venom Island
    Bane Forest
    blazeVA: Marche gives you a funny look: did his trainer truly forget that Geodude can’t fly? He floats off a few feet from the ground, sneaking around the trees even better than Solid Snake…for a big lump of rock, at least. Surgei lets you mount him, a little uncertain about this idea as well, but you won’t let him have the time to think about it – there’s a larger than life Garbodor that could find you by accident at any moment! With extremely fast movement of wings, your Yanmega takes off with you on board. You rise above the dead trees, catching a glimpse of Marche down below. The Garbodor continues to stomp the woods – possibly heading home? Wait, why’s that branch getting closer to-?

There’s loud screaming as you and Surgei start falling to the ground at a high speed. You feel the pain of falling through dead branches – this plan might have not been the best one! Marche floats right after you, but you’re more focused on trying to get Surgei to stop before anything worse happens. Both of you close your eyes moments before you smack right into a rather thick tree. You can thank Arceus or whichever deity you do or do not believe in, because you hear a load of noise nearby; as you get your eyes to focus again, you notice huge piles of trash, one after another, littered around an open area in the middle of the woods. There aren’t any Garbodors around, only about 20 Trubbish, but your attention is drawn by…a Trubbish standing on the tallest trash pile, holding a screaming can. No, not a screaming can, that’s your Buneary! You’ve got an area full of Trubbish in the way though, so a hit-and-run might not be the ideal solution…

What will you do?
    Blaze truly had come down with quite a bit of derp. In such a frenzied state, Blaze had forgotten two things: the first of these things was Geodude really cannot fly, but can only levitate a few feet off of the ground. The second of these things is that, while a Yanmega can probably lift a ten year old, a seventeen year old who was 5'7" and 135 lbs was probably not going to fit on the Yanmega much at all. Blaze and Surgei both get off of the ground, and actually are able to fly someways above the trees, and Blaze takes this opportunity to look around. Looking down, he sees that Marche is moving through the trees down below, and wonders what was going to happen when they did find Lemon Drop? 'This is going to be tight if there is a lot of Pokemon around. If this Garbodor does not come around either. There is so much riding on so few variables here....and is it me, or is that tree branch getting decid...!"

Blaze and Surgei both begin to fall through the trees, Surgei no longer being able to support Blaze's weight in the air anymore. Marche floats underneath to catch both Blaze and Surgei. but it does not look like it is going to happen. Blaze tries to get Surgei to land, but it is to no avail, and both of them go smacking into a tree. They fall off, and Blaze struggles to get back up, weakened after the Poison Gas attack. He looks to see Surgei, who looks a little beaten, but none the worse. "Hey Surgei? How are you doing? Alright I hope?" "Yes, Blaze, I am fine. Sorry I was not able to carry you any farther, but it was getting to be too much. I'm sorry." "No need to be. It was my fault. It seems that every plan I have seems to go to crap." Blaze chuckles at this, seeing as nearly every plan did. When he tried to catch the Trubbish, he ended up getting a blast of Poison Gas in his face and having his Buneary kidnapped. When he tried to catch a raging Teddiursa, he bloodied up his hands trying to do so. Every plan that he had really did go to crap. Blaze looked around and saw massive mounds of garbage. And with that were Trubbish. Lots of Trubbish. 'This is not good. A rough count of the Trubbish seems to be that there is 20 different Trubbish there, not the kind of numbers I was hoping for. The only way I am going to be able to get through there is with a large army.'

It was then that Geodude zipped out of existence. Blaze looked on his Pokegear and found that Marche had been put into the Daycare for the week, not a good thing. 'Crap, this thing likes to bug out on me whenever it can. Let me see if it made any more of these crazy changes.' It had. Black Dynamite, his Sawk, had been put into the PC, while Static Shock, his Rotom, had been put into the party. A brief flash made the Pokeball come to him. Blaze wondered what good that would do him before he realized something. 'Wait a minute, my Rotom would be perfect for this job! He has a ton of support options including Thunder Wave, Confuse Ray, and Electroweb. And all of them are good crowd control options. I could disable most of the opposition, before getting Lemon Drop. And...maybe catch a Trubbish. IF I'm lucky enough to come out of this that is.'

Blaze now had a plan on how to deal with the Trubbish. It probably was going to fail, but he had to try. Taking a Pokeball from his belt, he threw it into the air. "Come on out Static!" With a brilliant flash of light, a Rotom named Static (Shock) came out. "Yeah Blaze? What is up?" "Lemon Drop was kidnapped by a Trubbish, and now we are facing down 20 Trubbish to try and get her. "Boy, that sounds like you would need an army to do that." "It does, but that is where you come in. You, my friend, are the key." "I am?" "Yep, the plan is, that Surgei is going to dart in and try to grab Lemon Drop from the trash. He is the fastest guy of my team, and he has Speed Boost, so he can do it. Meanwhile, you need to subdue the Trubbish with a combination of Thunder Wave, Confuse Ray, and Electroweb. The more you can subdue, the better. Then, we kick out heels and run like the wind. Got it?" "Totally." "Alright, then, let's do this!"

UPNetwork

With takkupanda less active for now, and some of my other updatees replying more slowly than others, I can squeeze in one last person. So welcome, ApertureScience, who may or may not be Tyoyo! :P Hopefully you like your adventure, and if there’s something about my writing style that you don’t like, let me know.

Again, if it seems you’ve been thrown in a random battle, it’s not the case. All battles in my updates have clear purposes, so please bear with them even if it isn’t your favourite thing! The plot thickens later. :P

----

Aduro Island

Geyser Park

Aduron Chasm

takkupanda: Look here

Ruin Island

Amor Temple

Stark: Look here

Lily Island

The Red Forest

PikaGod: Look here

The Silver Forest

hen da man: Look here

King Ghidorah: Look here

jolteonjak: ((It’s okay, but it’s very important to the plot that you already have the Rocket Ball and Fire Ball in your inventory at this point – whether or not we consider them occupied or not isn’t relevant, just the items themselves if that’s okay. Also, please let me know how many Pokemon you brought to this adventure considering the timeline, for future reference.))

You figure the best – and perhaps only – way out is to reason with the native. After all, making a run for it while surrounded by buffalos didn’t exactly sound like a great plan.

As you slowly address the man to make sure he understands what you’re saying, his eyes remain locked on you, expressionless. When you’re done talking, he spits on the ground and speaks back – perfectly fluently.

- Patronizing idiot of a Trainer. You judge me for my appearance, treat me like an ape? I can speak your language just fine, I am no savage. Would a savage land two arrows with pinpoint precision to stop you on your tracks? – he asks, his lips forming a proud grin. – Would a savage write you two messages that clearly told you to stay away?

He motions his hand forward, and his Bouffalant charges with unbelievable speed for a beast of its size. Your eyes widen as you realize its aiming straight for your tree with no intention of slowing down… and it doesn’t, as it Head Charges the tree with frightening strength! You lose your balance and tumble down to the floor below hard, a stinging pain running through your body as the right side of your ribcage meets the ground. Heracross can’t hold on either and falls as well, barely having time to spread his wings before crashing down.

The Bouffalant now towers over you ominously; its rider dismounts and kneels in front of you, not the least bit fazed by your injury.

- You should have left. I gave you fair warning. We don’t want outsiders snooping around, disrupting our peace. But you’re not the first Trainer to disregard our missives, and you won’t be the last I stomp to death. You should nev… What?

His eyes shift from you to your belt. Reaching out to it, he takes the Rocket Ball and Fire Ball and gazes at them in disbelief.

- These Pokeballs… How did you come by these? They’re… they’re exclusive to them! It’s impossible… Are you one of them?! Answer me!

With no idea what he’s talking about, and the sheer pain you’re in making it impossible to talk back, you leave him with no answer for now. But the answer wouldn’t have mattered, as he hastily – and effortlessly – picks you up and lays you on Bouffalant’s back, then hops back on it as well and motions for the herd to follow him. Barely conscious, you watch as you’re taken away and Heracross is left behind, hurt on the ground, unable to give chase…

----

You’ve practically lost track of time by now, but you can’t have been riding for more than half an hour before you reach what seems the outside wall of a village, tall and made of round, vertically arranged logs ending in a spiked tip. The pain isn’t getting any better as the ride wasn’t exactly smooth, but it’s manageable now. You hear your captor talk to somebody.

- Let us through. I caught someone he’ll want to see.

Once past the gates, it’s like a whole different world. People with similar skin tone and garments as the one that captured you start to flock toward you, looking with curiosity at you while the Bouffalant rider takes you… somewhere. Being the target of indiscrete stares while mangled on top of a buffalo isn’t really making you comfortable, but fortunately it seems you reach your destination soon as the whole herd stops moving.

You feel yourself being lifted again and placed on the floor this time, and you find it’s difficult to keep your balance after the bumpy ride and the ribs still nagging. Making a run for it is once again impossible, as the injury wouldn’t let you go very far, and even if you were healthy, the man looks so athletic that he’d catch up to you in seconds. You have no option but to go where you’re told for now. If only Heracross were here…

- Inside. Now.

You realize you’re standing in front of a very large and colorful tent. The scent emanating from inside reminds you of incense, actually quite pleasant. Without much of a choice, you walk inside, followed closely by the large man.

Once inside the tent, you marvel at what you see. Dozens of candles lit, several incense burners, golden statuettes of multiple Pokemon… In the centre there is a long wooden red table with gold decorations, and at the far end of the table sits an old man, that slowly gets up as he sees you. A very old man, judging by his appearance: a long white beard covers most of his face, but he’s completely bald. His skin tone is noticeably lighter than that of the other natives, and his eyes are dark brown. His frame is small compared to the man that captured you, but he might still be slightly taller than you. Muscles are mostly nonexistent, as he’s practically all skin and bone – again, in stark contrast with your captor. He wears a long crimson toga, and a bead necklace like the others. His gives you a long, inquisitive look, and waits for an explanation.

- Saint, I found this man in the woods; he failed to heed my warning so I engaged him, and was about to dispose of him when something caught my attention…

The man steps forward, and places the Rocket Ball and Fire Ball on the table before bowing respectfully and stepping back again. The elder picks them up in silence and twirls them in his fingers, studying the Pokeballs with evident interest. Then, returning them to you instead of the man, he places a hand on your shoulder and smiles.

- I see. You may be quite the special man, you know. Good find, Baro.

He motions for you sit down as he does the same. Baro remains standing and looks troubled.

- Saint, then is he truly?...

- A User, yes, I believe it so. It would not have been possible for him to obtain these items otherwise, unless he murdered a true User, which… he doesn’t seem like the kind of man that would do so.

The elder turns his attention to you again, still smiling.

- Well? Did you steal those special Pokeballs, or were they… given to you? Perhaps by a “higher power”? I know, I know you cannot speak of them. In fact, you may not even be able to describe them, or yourself, even if you wanted to… Ah yes, a true User. A Trainer who owns unique items, given to him by the overseers of his adventures. A Trainer with the power – or better, permission – to teach his Pokemon companions maneuvers that no regular Trainer could… Do you know what I speak of? Tell me, what is your name, User?

He retrieves a vial from a drawer in the table and hands it over to you.

- Drink. It’ll help with your injuries. You must forgive Baro, he’s an impeccable hunter but not much of a… people person. Now, I know this must all be daunting, and I’m sure you have questions. So please ask, and I’ll answer to the best of my ability.

This “Saint” seems to have good intentions. And more importantly, he’s said a number of things that are worth your attention; he seems to know a lot more about the world of Fizzy Bubbles than the common mortal should...

What do you do?

Crater Island

Iridi Beach

kaisap112: Temporarily caught off-guard by the statistical impossibility that was Amelia’s Ninetales, you quickly regroup and boldly stand up to the woman once again.

Listening intently to your commands, Kitty grins and jumps into action immediately: lunging forward, she rapidly slaps her tail across the bigger foe’s face, staggering it briefly and dealing light damage. Then, jumping back once again to keep her distance, she begins to focus on Double Team…

- Ohohoh, how cute! Seems your cat has some spunk… Oh well, nothing we can’t handle, right dear?

Solstice nods and rushes forward, fast as lightning, slamming Kitty and sending it tumbling several feet back, landing close to you. That was no doubt a Quick Attack, and it managed to disrupt your Double Team…

- Well honey, what now? It seems you can’t hide behind your phoney doppelgangers after all… Is this “old hag” giving you more trouble than you can handle?

As Kitty struggles to make it to her feet, the Ninetales moves faster once again, shooting an eerie-looking blue flame that disappears upon contact with your Skitty, apparently to no effect. Taking the opening, Kitty speeds up and hits an unavoidable Faint Attack, making Solstice growl in pain. As you begin to feel excited about the apparent turn-around of events, Kitty suddenly yelps as all of her fur catches fire spontaneously and briefly, and the flames disappear as quickly as they appeared. Kitty is Burned!

As reality sets in, you reassess the situation. Kitty hit Solstice twice, whereas the Ninetales only struck once. There’s no telling how effective any of the attacks have been this early on in the match, but Kitty has a burn and that can turn the tide… And more importantly, the sun is up and Ninetales is yet to take advantage of it…

Before you issue a new wave of commands however, you notice one last thing… Amelia hasn’t issued a single order yet! Her Ninetales used Quick Attack and Will-o-Wisp entirely on its own, for some reason… Is she biding her time for a surprise attack, a magnificent strategy or is she just leaving it up to her Pokemon because she can’t really battle?

What do you do now?

Brine Island

Salin City

Arc_Angel & lilbluecorsola: Look here

Ion Island

Storm Lake

Myahoo: Look here

Glacier Island

Boreal Wastelands

Trepie: Confident that you can pull it off this time around, you quickly devise a back-up plan. Even riskier than the previous one, you intend to collapse the makeshift cave and fly out while leaving the Beartic trapped inside. It will require impeccable timing and more than a bit of luck…

Pandora readily obeys your instructions, its eyes glowing as a first layer of psychic Barrier forms, just as Beartic strikes again with Slash, intent on taking down Ares. Fortunately the Barrier rises quickly enough, repelling the attack and staggering the bear. The shield itself withstands the blow but flickers ominously afterwards, as if about to break. Pandora follows it up by summoning her native energy to erect an ice wall, directly behind the Barrier, and by now Ares is fully recovered and gets to work on your plan.

The air inside the cave is more than just chilly… it’s unbearably cold, the only comfort to be had being near the black Charizard’s tail… the one you must hide away in order to pull this off. As you hold the jacket above the flame, high enough that it won’t catch fire itself, your hands begin to hurt; the palms are warm as they’re turned to the fire, but the dorsi face upwards, unprotected from the painful cold, and you wonder how long you’ll be able to maintain your grip on the cloth. Ares, in the meantime, fires off a Flamethrower directly at the crack on the ceiling, making large chunks of ice fly everywhere – miraculously missing you and your Pokemon – before water starts dripping, as the blazing stream is maintained.

For a brief moment, you’re filled with hope as the ceiling does indeed seem to be breaking apart, and soon the sky will be visible. Then you start to wonder if the hole Ares makes will be enough to fly through, or if the whole structure will just collapse on you before you can even try. And then you’re forced to put conjecture aside, as a sound similar to glass breaking echoes throughout the cave and you turn your attention to Pandora…

While the Barrier had been effective in keeping the Beartic at bay, its energy type isn’t Cloyster’s own; as such, she had to break concentration from it in order to create the Ice Barrier, and before she could refocus her efforts on keeping the first Barrier intact, the attackers shattered it to pieces. You watch in fear as the two Beartic slash away at the frigid wall, the last line of defense, which seems to be withstanding the onslaught for now… but you can only pray that it holds on at least until Ares is done!

Both you and Ares are soaked by now, and while the dragon doesn’t seem to be letting up, the cold is now simply impossible for your body to withstand, the water and air temperatures way too low, too much for your physical resistance. You drop the jacket as everything goes dark for a moment…

----

An eerie green light, that becomes blue, then a shade of pink… You try to understand where you are, and why you seem to be moving toward that light. Then it all comes to you, and you realize you’re flying on Ares’s back, moving up rapidly. You made it out!

With a sense of urgency, you wrap your arms tighter around Ares’s neck and look down to the floor below. Shocked, you see the entire structure collapse on itself, the huge blocks of ice breaking and piling up on top of each other… you would never have survived that! The Beartic that had remained outside, an almost indistinguishable speck of light blue from where you’re watching, is running away scared. You run the events over in your mind, the plan you’d hastily put together and had saved your lives, and your heart seemingly stops when you remember that one last portion of it never happened... You didn’t recall Pandora!!

What do you do now?!

Silver Ocean

Auronos Caverns

ApertureScience: Maybe an oxygen bottle would’ve been a good idea, along with the goggles. As you and Maxwell repeatedly attempt to Dive as deep as you can, looking for the illusive Auronos Caverns, you’re forced to come back up each and every time… Maxwell knows you can’t hold your breath for half as long as him underwater, and both are starting to worry that you won’t really be able to find anything. And what an amusing spectacle you must be putting on for the good ol’captain…

You decide to stop for a moment and rethink your approach. Even if you could Dive deep enough to find the caves, you’d be unable to actually see the entrance, so what good would that do? Not one to back down, and not wanting to end your adventure before it even started, you decide to float for a while to clear your mind. Spreading your arms and legs, you gaze at the clear sky while going over your strategy. Maxwell does the same, but you can’t really tell if this is a joint effort or if he’s just chillaxing.

- Oi, laddeh! Ye just gonna stand there an’ float like a dead man? ‘Cause this old gal ain’t ferryin’ no dead men, and yer scarin’ off me fish! I’m turnin’ her around and look fer a better spot, I’ll come pick ye up when yer rich an’ done floatin’!

And with that, the captain sailed away, probably not too far, but at least he wasn’t just staring anymore. Hopefully he’d keep his end of the deal and come back for you, but that’s not your biggest concern right now – finding a way inside the caves is. Or… is it?

Looking around, you suddenly can’t see Maxwell anymore. Not like him to just disappear… and worse, if he’s in danger there’s no way of knowing, since he can’t scream for help! You call out to him, concerned, until you notice the water bubbling not far from where you are... then suddenly splash all over as your Buizel jumps out of the water followed closely by a large Sharpedo!

You quickly try to devise a battle strategy, which proves particularly difficult while fighting to just stay afloat. Furthermore, you realize that Max is selflessly trying to swim as far away from you as possible, so that the shark won’t come after you instead, which means you’ll have to shout your orders and pray that Maxwell listens!

With the Sharpedo closing in fast on your Buizel, being a better swimmer than him, you know he can’t just keep running away forever…

What do you do?!
    Last edited by MarbleZone; 31st December 2012 at 11:21 AM.

We do what we must ApertureScience's Avatar

Lightbulb Cascadia Adventure; Auronous Caverns Part I: Damn Sharpedo!

With takkupanda less active for now, and some of my other updatees replying more slowly than others, I can squeeze in one last person. So welcome, ApertureScience, who may or may not be Tyoyo! :P Hopefully you like your adventure, and if there’s something about my writing style that you don’t like, let me know.

Again, if it seems you’ve been thrown in a random battle, it’s not the case. All battles in my updates have clear purposes, so please bear with them even if it isn’t your favourite thing! The plot thickens later. :P

Silver Ocean

Auronos Caverns

ApertureScience: Maybe an oxygen bottle would’ve been a good idea, along with the goggles. As you and Maxwell repeatedly attempt to Dive as deep as you can, looking for the illusive Auronos Caverns, you’re forced to come back up each and every time… Maxwell knows you can’t hold your breath for half as long as him underwater, and both are starting to worry that you won’t really be able to find anything. And what an amusing spectacle you must be putting on for the good ol’captain…

You decide to stop for a moment and rethink your approach. Even if you could Dive deep enough to find the caves, you’d be unable to actually see the entrance, so what good would that do? Not one to back down, and not wanting to end your adventure before it even started, you decide to float for a while to clear your mind. Spreading your arms and legs, you gaze at the clear sky while going over your strategy. Maxwell does the same, but you can’t really tell if this is a joint effort or if he’s just chillaxing.

- Oi, laddeh! Ye just gonna stand there an’ float like a dead man? ‘Cause this old gal ain’t ferryin’ no dead men, and yer scarin’ off me fish! I’m turnin’ her around and look fer a better spot, I’ll come pick ye up when yer rich an’ done floatin’!

And with that, the captain sailed away, probably not too far, but at least he wasn’t just staring anymore. Hopefully he’d keep his end of the deal and come back for you, but that’s not your biggest concern right now – finding a way inside the caves is. Or… is it?

Looking around, you suddenly can’t see Maxwell anymore. Not like him to just disappear… and worse, if he’s in danger there’s no way of knowing, since he can’t scream for help! You call out to him, concerned, until you notice the water bubbling not far from where you are... then suddenly splash all over as your Buizel jumps out of the water followed closely by a large Sharpedo!

You quickly try to devise a battle strategy, which proves particularly difficult while fighting to just stay afloat. Furthermore, you realize that Max is selflessly trying to swim as far away from you as possible, so that the shark won’t come after you instead, which means you’ll have to shout your orders and pray that Maxwell listens!

With the Sharpedo closing in fast on your Buizel, being a better swimmer than him, you know he can’t just keep running away forever…

What do you do?!
    Yes, I'm Tyoyo. Thanks for picking me up. ^.^ Stats

It's amazing how things can go from peaceful to terrible in a matter of minutes. First, the captain fled and James doubted he would come back. Pessimism at it's finest. Then Maxwell magically disappears and comes back with a GIANT SHARK. Floating in the water wasn't the best place to be either. James' mind spread out a bit and it thought of all kinds of lovely things. Maybe the Sharpedo killed the captain and even if we defeat him we can't be saved. Or maybe the Sharpedo belongs to the captain and he just let him out for a bit to kill us so he can save gas on the way back. Or maybe, the Sharpedo has friends lurking below you James! I'm sure you'll be fine though, go along now and save Maxwell!

Speak of the Devil... James thought to himself, watching his friend be chased around by the shark. This is why I thought about not coming in. Irony is cruel. Let's see... Most of my pokemon are at the shops, Vincent can't swim well, and there's no way in hell I'm letting Neville out with a large pool of a conductor. So Maxwell is stuck alone... Focus on his survival first I guess, then see if I can take him or her down. "Maxwell!" James yelled, waving and hoping that the Sharpedo wouldn't switch it's focus. "Set up an AQUA RING, then see if METRONOME can help!"

Glacier Island

Boreal Wastelands

Trepie: Confident that you can pull it off this time around, you quickly devise a back-up plan. Even riskier than the previous one, you intend to collapse the makeshift cave and fly out while leaving the Beartic trapped inside. It will require impeccable timing and more than a bit of luck…

Pandora readily obeys your instructions, its eyes glowing as a first layer of psychic Barrier forms, just as Beartic strikes again with Slash, intent on taking down Ares. Fortunately the Barrier rises quickly enough, repelling the attack and staggering the bear. The shield itself withstands the blow but flickers ominously afterwards, as if about to break. Pandora follows it up by summoning her native energy to erect an ice wall, directly behind the Barrier, and by now Ares is fully recovered and gets to work on your plan.

The air inside the cave is more than just chilly… it’s unbearably cold, the only comfort to be had being near the black Charizard’s tail… the one you must hide away in order to pull this off. As you hold the jacket above the flame, high enough that it won’t catch fire itself, your hands begin to hurt; the palms are warm as they’re turned to the fire, but the dorsi face upwards, unprotected from the painful cold, and you wonder how long you’ll be able to maintain your grip on the cloth. Ares, in the meantime, fires off a Flamethrower directly at the crack on the ceiling, making large chunks of ice fly everywhere – miraculously missing you and your Pokemon – before water starts dripping, as the blazing stream is maintained.

For a brief moment, you’re filled with hope as the ceiling does indeed seem to be breaking apart, and soon the sky will be visible. Then you start to wonder if the hole Ares makes will be enough to fly through, or if the whole structure will just collapse on you before you can even try. And then you’re forced to put conjecture aside, as a sound similar to glass breaking echoes throughout the cave and you turn your attention to Pandora…

While the Barrier had been effective in keeping the Beartic at bay, its energy type isn’t Cloyster’s own; as such, she had to break concentration from it in order to create the Ice Barrier, and before she could refocus her efforts on keeping the first Barrier intact, the attackers shattered it to pieces. You watch in fear as the two Beartic slash away at the frigid wall, the last line of defense, which seems to be withstanding the onslaught for now… but you can only pray that it holds on at least until Ares is done!

Both you and Ares are soaked by now, and while the dragon doesn’t seem to be letting up, the cold is now simply impossible for your body to withstand, the water and air temperatures way too low, too much for your physical resistance. You drop the jacket as everything goes dark for a moment…

----

An eerie green light, that becomes blue, then a shade of pink… You try to understand where you are, and why you seem to be moving toward that light. Then it all comes to you, and you realize you’re flying on Ares’s back, moving up rapidly. You made it out!

With a sense of urgency, you wrap your arms tighter around Ares’s neck and look down to the floor below. Shocked, you see the entire structure collapse on itself, the huge blocks of ice breaking and piling up on top of each other… you would never have survived that! The Beartic that had remained outside, an almost indistinguishable speck of light blue from where you’re watching, is running away scared. You run the events over in your mind, the plan you’d hastily put together and had saved your lives, and your heart seemingly stops when you remember that one last portion of it never happened... You didn’t recall Pandora!!

What do you do now?!
    Everything was moving faster than Auric could keep track of. With his coat off he could feel the icy temperature seeping into his body draining his strength. Looking a head he could see Pandora was keeping the Beartic back, if only just. He knew she would hold them. She had to or else Ares would get caught off guard and his whole plan would fall apart. The bright flash of fire hitting the ice meant Auric was having to keep his eyes mostly shut which was risky when there were large chunks of ice falling all around them.

Soon enough the roof began to melt away into a shower of frigid water. Auric's whole body felt stiff and was weakening from hypothermia. He wasn't sure how much longer he could hold on. He tried jumping and shaking to keep his body temperature up, but in these conditions it was only a matter of time. Slowly his eyes began to get heavy and then everything went black. His jacket slipping from his grasp.

When he came to everything was fuzzy. The radiant heat from Ares tail was all he could really feel. He felt his arm was loosely around Ares neck. He pulled it tight. It was a sign that Auric was glad they had made it. Plus when you're waking up after passing out from the onset of hypothermia, it's important to know where you are. Especially when you you're flying into the sky. Looking over Ares back down at the cave Auric could see the whole thing come down on itself. It wasn't his intention but the Beartic hasn't left him any choice. Shivering Auric realized he dropped his jacket. But that wasn't all he had left behind.

His heart sank when he remember Pandora. "Go back...Ares GO BACK!" He shouted. Ares growled and turned against the wind and flew back towards the remnants of the ice cave. "Go faster Ares please!" Auric said getting himself to a kneeling position. As fast as Ares could manage the pair returned to the collapsed cave. Auric leaping from Ares back while he was was still in the air. His feet slid in the snow as his mind raced. She had to be ok, somewhere in there. He wouldn't be able to forgive himself if she wasn't.

"PANDORA! We're right here! We're coming!" Auric shouted as he frantically searched the ruins. Everything looked the same. The shards of ice and snow all looked the same now. His whole body was shaking from the cold but he refused to stop again. He couldn't. Finally he found a slushy area, from where Ares had blasted them free. Digging in the snow and ice he found his soaked jacked buried in some snow. "My jacket! Ares she has to be around here somewhere." Spinning around he tried to get his bearings. Everything was so fuzzy, his adrenaline was pumping and the cold night air wasn't getting any warmer. Pointing his finger he recognized the remnants of the cave entrance in the distance. "She around here somewhere Ares." Pointing his index finger for Ares. "Here use Flamethrower here!"

Ares seemed hesitant a little and Auric knew why. The Beartic were in there too. Freeing Pandora could mean freeing their would be predators. Auric sighed and put his wet coat back on. "I don't want those Beartic to die in there any more than I want Pandora to. If they still want to kill us after we free them then we'll deal with it then but I'm not letting Pandora die here. If I have to dig her out by hand I will." Auric said with tears forming in his eyes. Ares eyes met his and he could tell he meant it. And he could see Auric was shaking and exhausted from their ordeal. Pandora wasn't the only one in trouble if Ares didn't warm him up with his flamethrower. Still weary of freeing the Beartic, Ares took a deep breath and blasted another Flamethrower at the area the altercation had taken place.

Auric stood as close as he could without getting burned. It was less about staying warm and more about finding his friend. He didn't want to kill the Beartic, and he hoped he could free them too, but his main focus was Pandora. He couldn't stand the thought of losing her here. His eyes kept scanning the area and he kept calling for her. He wouldn't give up until he found her.
    Fizzy Bubbles
    Trade Post

Current Team
    --------
    ----------

Aduro Island

Geyser Park

My sincerest apologies for the massive delay, mate!

In a rocky cavern deep beneath Aduro Island's Geyser Park in the Cascadia archipelago, the young trainer William Hale bolts in shock as his mysterious assailant suddenly accuses him of being a member of a local gang which resembles the once-powerful-but-now-defunct criminal organization known as Team Aqua.

Born and raised in Pacifidlog Town, Hoenn, the name Team Aqua is familiar to Will and forever linked to a traumatic memory from his childhood, an event which the lad can’t help but suddenly recall at this moment. It was on account of Team Aqua’s nefarious deeds in awakening the sea titan Kyogre during the Hoenn crisis that Will’s family had to evacuate from their home in the tiny floating village and flee to the nearby city of Mossdeep for refuge and safety.

When the Aquas first appeared on the scene, they claimed to have the best interests of people and Pokémon in mind, and spoke of their grand plans to widen Hoenn’s many beautiful seas. However, they encountered resistance from another organization known as Team Magma, which had the expansion of the tropical region’s landmass as its chief goal. The bitter rivalry and feuding that developed between the two groups caused untold hardship, devastation, and calamity for the good people of Hoenn, and undoubtedly would have created more havoc if not for a small alliance of Gym Leaders, League Elites, and promising young rookie trainers who put an end to the meddlesome and wicked schemes of the two evil teams. In the end, both Team Aqua and Team Magma were denounced as eco-terrorists when the true intentions of their headmen were revealed. It turned out that both of their leaders had simply been power-hungry megalomaniacs who sought to gain control of the region through the subjugation and manipulation of Legendary Pokémon.

Emotion surges within Will at the remembrance of this painful memory. Furthermore, being accused of being a member of a new group who imitates Team Aqua is simply too much for the lad to take, and just as he opens his mouth to protest in a loud voice that his attacker’s charges against him couldn’t be farther from the truth, the cavern rumbles and the ground gives another violent shake, and Will quickly reaches out a hand to brace himself against a nearby wall, as pieces of the ceiling begin to fall like stony missiles all about the place. Momentarily distracted by the geologic events of the cavern transpiring around him, Will briefly lets his guard down, and it’s in that instant that his assailant, seeing his chance, sprints past him, grabs Teddiursa in his arms, and races for the exit, dodging the fallen boulders and jagged rubbles that are strewn about the floor.

The cavern is clearly no longer safe, and having come to a dead end in the tunnel anyway, Will knows it is impossible for him to escape by going forward. Furthermore, even though it appears his attacker harbors some deep-seated hostility towards Team Aqua and those who mimic their cruel actions, Will still isn’t entirely certain about the mysterious man’s true intentions himself, and hopes to discover why the man mistakes him for a poacher. So, not wanting the man to get away without answering these important questions, Will instantly makes up his mind to give chase and wastes no time in returning Kéo to its Pokéball, before quickly calling out his Skarmory, Skarméo. Released from her silver capture capsule, the steel condor lets out a harsh, grating screech -- “Skaaaa-rrrawww!!" -- which echoes around the cavern, and stretches her metallic wings, rustling her razor sharp feathers, as Will scrambles onto her back and points down the tunnel in the direction of the mysterious man’s retreat. Skarméo’s fast beating wings kick up a cloud of dust as she rockets forward and the two speed off in hot pursuit…
    Last edited by Hayward; 4th January 2013 at 11:11 PM.

fb | trades | pc

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast