Cascadia - Page 13

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Cascadia

Default Re: Cascadia

Quote Originally Posted by kaisap112 View Post
    I'll start with an apology: this has not been a good month for writing anything for me. x.x I got through three updates before my creativity ran out due to tiredness and other stuff, but here they are anyway. Rest of the updates that have been replied to will be up tomorrow.

Venom Island

Skull Tunnel

uhhhhh, Missingno. Master & Marion Ette: As much as Myrtle wanted to take the irrational (and possibly bitchy) approach to the Sevipers, she couldn’t go against the orders of her trainer. After sacrificing a few precious seconds in favor of locating the Seviper with her sense of taste, a very strong source of anger and upset hit her taste buds, along with…fear? Not interested in the least what the Seviper she’d targeted was so afraid of, Myrtle launches Water Gun at her mark – leaving a soaked Seviper #4 hissing at her before jumping at her with Poison Fang at the same time as Myrtle prepares Psychic. Luna finally seems to grasp the situation as well, using Supersonic as a radar – a very painful radar to all those present, the sound bouncing off walls in the cave. Too focused on the mean Ghost Pokémon, Seviper #4 doesn’t have time to dodge Myrtle’s Psychic and Luna’s Confusion, the purple glow of her fangs fading and the snake dropping like a log from mid-air as the attacks make contact. Myrtle and Luna gain 1 level up!

Marion is proceeding with her battle as well, now two-on-one with the scarred, masochistic Seviper having run off somewhere. Wrapped tightly the remaining Seviper’s hold, Aislyn tries Marion’s idea of using Quick Attack to slip away from Seviper. Some squirming is required, but Seviper loosens her hold just enough for Aislyn to pounce away, shooting Ember at the reptile upon freedom. Sangre’s by no means falling behind, Biting Seviper viciously – Seviper suddenly loses consciousness and falls limp between Sangre’s fangs, creating a slightly amusing display. Aislyn and Sangre gain 1 level up!

Foster has no trouble mimicking Myrtle’s tasting trick with the larger amount of experience under his figurative belt. With their strong worry about their trainer backing them up, Foster and Gaspard get on the offense to end the offense in this battle: Foster’s two Psychics and Gaspard’s Psychic Hidden Powers are locked and loaded by the time Foster nods toward the Sevipers, spinning 360 degrees in the process but getting the message through. Four intense blasts of energy slam their targets into a large pile of trash and some trash bags. The Sevipers hiss and stick their heads out from the trash – only to fall unconscious. Foster and Gaspard gain 1 level up!

But before Connor has the time to celebrate, he drops on the ground with a bit of foam at the corners of his mouth, spouting delirious nonsense left and right. The poison from earlier needs to be taken care of, but Connor himself isn’t capable of doing anything about it at the moment, leaving his Pokémon to run to his side, worried out of their minds and begging for help from the other trainers with their eyes. The Haze one of the Sevipers used is still around, making any treatment far too difficult. Getting Connor out of the fog and near a source of light would probably be the first priorities unless you have other ideas…

What will you do?
    ((I am on hiatus from most of my adventures for this month, but since you guys are depending on me to continue I'll make an exception for this one...
    Ninetales grew from Level 52 to Level 53!
    Crobat grew from Level 38 to Level 39!))

After thoroughly congratulating her Pokemon on their exceptional win, the Seviper formerly in Sangre's mouth drops to the ground like a lead weight as Marion quickly recalls Sangre, but not before promising him a tall glass of blood at the Bar. While Marion normally had no reservations regarding letting Sangre enjoy his kill, she worried that despite his poison typing, consuming Seviper blood may not be the best thing for him. In addition, she worried about how her friends would react to such a gruesome display. It was something Marion was used to, but she had seen in the past how some particularly squeamish friends had reacted to Sangre and his eating habits. Meanwhile, Aislyn saunters back to Marion, licking her hand in order to communicate that she wants to be pet for her victory, and Marion immediately obliges, rubbing the regal fox's head with affection.

Marion turns to her companions, eager to congratulate them as well, when she quickly realizes that Connor's poisoning is worse than she originally thought! As Keith orders his Venomoth, Lily, to gust the haze away so that Connor's poison can be addressed, Marion uses her free hand to call out her beloved Duskull, Liliana. The one-eyed ghost focuses in on Connor, immediately expressing concern with her skull mask.

"Connor, you okay?" She asks, floating over to him.

"Liliana, please use your Flash to give us more light and help us more clearly see what's going on! Don't blind anyone, just give us a light source so that Myrtle can more effectively give Connor the Pecha Berry!"

"Got it!" Liliana nods, obeying the order by intensifying the reddish glow from her eye in order to illuminate the room.

Quote Originally Posted by MarbleZone View Post

The Silver Forest

King Ghidorah: You stammer repeatedly, trying to find the best words to address the unstable man. In the midst of your indecision, you end up sputtering your real name, only to regret it immediately… Hopefully it wouldn’t be of consequence.

After you’re done struggling, Marlow looks at you in complete silence for what feels like a decade, then smiles warmly as he had before and whistles. Immediately his Xatu takes flight and lands right next to him.
    You take a closer look at the bird; it’s about the same height as you, making it slightly taller than the majority of its species. Legend has it one eye sees the future while the other the past, but both seem pretty much locked on you right now. Its expression is unreadable and its body completely motionless, and neither you nor Kingler can tell if it poses a threat.

- I can show you the way, son. It’s what I do, I open the eyes of men! And so they fear me, because they don’t understand me, man. I give them my love man, all my love, and they fight me off… They fear what they don’t understand, and hate what they can’t conquer.

While he muses, the Xatu takes a step forward, its beak inches away from your face, its eyes still fixed on you without blinking. Kingler instinctively moves forward as well with its pincers partly open.

- Your salvation lies not too far away... Let Messiah show you. Make it to Argentum Village and prove me right about you, man. And prove them, too.

Before you can even ask what he means about all that, Xatu’s eyes glow bright blue, a light you can’t look away from. Images flash before your eyes repeatedly, seemingly looping in a pattern…

And just like that they're gone, and the bird is standing in front of you once more, its eyes no longer glowing. Jeth Marlow smiles - or did he grin?... – as he places his hand on Messiah’s wing and waves at you.

- Now go, man. Follow whatever it was that Messiah showed you; I’ll expect you in Argentum in two days, which is what a normal man who’s been set on the right path should take… As for me, well… I’m no normal man.

And with an even wider grin, he and his Xatu suddenly vanish into thin air, no doubt having Teleported to their destination.

You find yourself alone once more, and nighttime is fast approaching. Finding yourself at a loss once again, you try to make something out of those images you were shown, they are all you have to go on! But what were they again, and what do they meant?! Suddenly, something nudges at your leg. Looking down, you see Kingler impatiently pointing at something. Did he share your vision too?...

Looking in the direction he’s indicating with his large pincer, you spot nothing remarkable, just trees as far as the eye can see. Turning to the large crab for further explanation, you throw him an inquisitive look. Rolling his eyes, Kingler scuttles away from you until he reaches a particular tree… whose trunk appears to have snapped and is now tilting to the left. So that’s the first vision! Trying to remember what comes after, you make your way toward Kingler, glad that at least now you know which direction you should start moving in.

What will you look for next?

((OOC: feel free to roleplay your character as making it to what you think is the next spot (whether you’re right or wrong. :P), but not beyond it please.))

“What the HELL was that?!” Hugo shouts, trailing behind Kingler as he scuttles beneath the snapped tree.

“Where does he want me to go? Who are they?!” Hugo questioned. Kingler, who was more of an “act now ask questions later” Pokemon, decided to keep moving, rolling his eyes and shrugging off Hugo’s questions.

“He said we needed to get to the Arge—Argentinian…Argentum? The village. We needed to get to the village in two days. What’s going to happen if we don’t make it? He and that bird…they can just come and go as they please. He’ll find us, Kingler! HE’LL FIND US AND KILL US! OH MY GOD WHAT ARE WE GOIN—“

Hugo’s belligerent tangent is abruptly cut short by a blast of hard bubbles to the face. Bubblebeam from Kingler.

Hugo, unhurt but thrown off his balance, stumbles around for a moment before falling to the ground. Kingler stops and turns around, waiting for Hugo to gain his composure.

Hugo wipes his face off with his shirt and glares at Kingler.

“Was that really necessary?” Hugo questions. The giant crab chuckles to himself, which only infuriates Hugo more.

“Okay, well if you’re so smart, why don’t you tell me where we’re supposed to go? That damn Xatu showed us so many different places, I can’t tell which is where we’re supposed to go.”

Kingler paused for a moment. Then scooped up a giant pile of dirt and sculpted it into the shrine-like structure shown in one of the images.

“Well…fine,” Hugo said. “If you think you know where we’re going, let’s go.”

Kingler smiled and headed off in the direction, which he thought was toward the image with the shrine. Hugo followed in tow.

They arrived shortly after. The sunset over the trees. The structure in the distance. But who knew if that’s where they were supposed to be?

“Well….here we are….” said Hugo. “Now what do we do?”

Quote Originally Posted by kaisap112
    Iridi Beach

Meetan: More than happy with the results of your battle against a known TV-host, you return your partner to his Pokéball and head for the café to get more information on the gathering of Staryu that was mentioned by…who was it again? You recall a little boy with a bird Pokémon, but you were so focused on your own performance his appearance didn’t exactly make it into your memory. Once inside the café you’re welcomed with loud applause and cheers for your recent victory – this doesn’t help reduce the swelling of your ego, but somehow you manage to ask the bartender about any little boys with bird Pokémon. The young woman, a summer worker, no doubt, thinks for a bit while making another customer a local version of Casteliacone – fudge ice cream with caramel sauce on top. While your Pichu gets busy drooling at the ice cream the bartender turns back to you. “Sure, I remember a kid with a Pidgey! He was in that TV-show with you, right? He asked where could find a quiet place to do his summer homework. I told him the local library works fine for that purpose. It’s right across the road, there’s a sign with a Noctowl on it at the front, hard to miss.” Thanking the bartender you leave despite the protests of your Pichu. The library is indeed as easy to find as the young woman had told you…and who else is sitting on the front stairs but the boy from earlier! He seems a bit upset, with the Pidgey at his side looking very ashamed of himself for some reason.

What will you do?
    [/I]
    [/color[/size]]
    Alice listens to the bartender's explanation, also tempted by the ice cream. Regardless, if she wanted to catch a Staryu, she'd have to be ready and waiting at the right place seeing as the opportunity for them to swarm was so rare and apparently local knowledge. Chances are, she'd have competition. "It's alright, baby. We'll get an ice cream once we've caught our Staryu, I promise." She assured her electric mouse, taking her from her shoulder to plant a kiss on her mouth and static pink cheeks, reeling back a bit at the accidental shock. Pichu looked hurt by it, too, and a little guilty.
    "Pichu~"
    "Yesyes, my hair's on end. But it's fine." She shrugged, joking that they weren't on TV now, and carried on her way. Thankfully, the library's easy even for her to find, and Alice even spots the little boy from earlier! Unfortunately, he and the Pidgey both seem down.

"Hey, you're that guy from earlier. Did something happen you can tell me about, or...?" The teenager asked hopefully, sitting down on the steps near to him. She was eager to make her own demands, but if his problem was solvable, that would work even better in her favour. It would also just be a nice thing to do. And that was totally her biggest objective. To be nice. Yep.

Nope. She wanted Staryu. And ice cream.

I'll start with an apology: this has not been a good month for writing anything for me. x.x I got through three updates before my creativity ran out due to tiredness and other stuff, but here they are anyway. Rest of the updates that have been replied to will be up tomorrow.

Ruin Island

Amor Temple

OkikuMew: Deciding to give a twist to this apparent game of “Poochyena see, Poochyena do”, you give Max new orders. The two canines are growling at each other, with the third, smaller one, whimpering and sneaking behind a tree. Elena taps your shoulder and whispers to you: “I think I’ll go try and calm that little girl down, all that anxiety’s not a good thing.” She crouches and starts slowly moving around the battlefield toward the scared pup. You hope this won’t bite you in the butt later, but return to the battle at hand. Max tries his hardest to sniff out his opponent with Odor Sleuth while Tackling the wild Poochyena off his fabulous tail. The grip of the wild one’s fangs and the continued Bite is extraordinary though, and he won’t let go even when he hits the tree the smaller Poochyena hid behind. Elena’s managed to get within a few feet of the poor thing, which yelps loudly at the bang against the tree and runs right at Elena – who grabs the Poochyena in her arms. The male Poochyena notices this and runs at the (in his eyes) offending trainer, making Max’s Sand-Attack miss as the wild Poochyena lets go of Max’s tail and rushes at Elena like a missile! Max rushes after his opponent, not happy about the turn of events, but more than Max’s pride you’re worried about your new friend’s safety: Max might not make it in time and sharp fangs would definitely not do any good to Elena or the small pup in her arms. But you might be able to do something on your own…

What will you do?
    It's all cool Kaisap, we all need to do our own stuff ^^ As for me, finally got to free up Max from the shops to update zones, at least this one ^^

Before the two fighters continued their battle, Elena lightly taps on my shoulder.

"I think I'll go try and calm that little girl down," she whispers as she points the shivering pup, "all that anxiety's not a good thing."

"W-what!?" I quietly blabber in my astonishment, "I-I know it's not good but you're gonna blow off our cov...!"

But before I could say more, she's already crouched down and slowly moving towards the tiny Poochyena.

By Arceus I'm holding myself really hard not to facepalm...

In the corner of my eye, I see Max sniffing out his attacker while trying to tackle him off of him. Unfortunately his grip's too right on his tail, still biting hard, even after... he gets slammed into the very tree the young was hiding behind. Scared the crap out of herself, she runs right into Elena's arms, then the older runs directly at the two, unknowingly dodging Max's Sand-Attack. My dog Pokémon goes in hot pursuit after him, likely trying to distract him by taunting him, show his scariest face and finally show how assured and fearless he is against him, but they're going at the same speed...

Without thinking (and holding my urge of pulling my hair out), I jump out of my hiding spot and I run right between the attacker and Elena with the puppy in her arms.

"Stop right there!" I yell at the wild Poochyena while taking a defensive stance. "None shall pass!"

Well, new batch is ready for those that already replied. Reviews so far have been positive, so I’m a happy newbie. :P

Also, welcome to King Ghidorah and myahoo, my newest updatees!

Finally, a quick question for Arc&lilblue: I’ve been reluctant to refer to you when you’re together as “you”, because, well, there are two of “you”. :P So in those situations I’ve resorted to using “Stacey” and “Jess”, but that makes you sound like NPCs and I’m not totally comfortable with that. Suggestions? Should I keep doing it like this?

----

Brine Island

Salin City

Arc_Angel & lilbluecorsola: Confronted by the horrifying scene, both of you are drawn back to painful memories thought long repressed. The inferno, the lives lost and the panic around the scene force you to reminisce on past events that you would much rather have left undisturbed.

Be it an overwhelming sense of duty, a silent cry for recognition or simply a very lacking set of social skills, Jess comes to terms with her suicidal course of action – leave the sobbing woman with Stacey (who, in all honesty, isn’t much of a people person herself) and go look for Anya, who may or may not be alive; who or may not even be there.
    Settling on Atzu the Azumarill and Haruki the Shiny Corsola for backup, she asks Stacey to keep her remaining Pokémon, should anything tragic happen, which issn’t all that unlikely. Jumping over the barricade, she runs in the direction of the front door, hoping no officers would tackle her down before she made it there. Fortunately for her – was it really? -, most were left too dumbfounded at her actions to try and stop her, a further testament to the quality (or lack thereof) of the dispatched forces.

But while the regular police body was indeed less than ideal, another team on the scene was much more diligent. As you storm inside the building and reach the entrance hall, you find three POLT Agents (and not “officers”, as they consistently emphasize) hard at work: one is directing traffic, strategically dispatching teams of firemen and Pokémon to put out localized fires; another is scraping the hall for clues of what might have been the cause of the disaster; and the last one is standing directly in front of you, blocking your way. He speaks to you slowly, with a deep, stern voice.

- Miss, you’re not supposed to be here. I understand you might be concerned with survivors or property damage, but the building is strictly off limits to civilians. I’ll have to escort you outs… What is it Brendan?

The agent examining the scene had apparently found something, and had made its way over to share the intel.

- Senior Agent Gouka, I think we have the MO. I’m afraid this was no gas leak, no accident at all. There are Electrode remains scattered throughout the hall, and I’m moving in to sweep the apartments after the upper floor is under contr… Hum, Miss, what’re you doing here? Civilians aren’t supposed to…

- I got it covered, Brendan. Miss, I’m saying this one last time. Outside. Now.

While the fire is out in entrance hall, the same can’t be said for the first floor, judging by what this Brendan character let slip in your presence. But with Senior Agent Gouka (apparently they do take these titles seriously) blocking your path, there is seemingly no way for you to just run off on your own anymore…

Just as you are about to plead with the POLT Agents, a young woman in tears - a familiar face, actually - darts through the front door much like you had just minutes ago. She stops as she sees you there, suddenly looking lost and confused. And just then…

- Shit, look out! ELECTRODE!!

As you turn around startled, you indeed spot a large Electrode rolling down the stairs from the first floor, and it stops five feet away from where you stand. It suddenly starts glowing ominously… It’s gonna blow!!

-----

Wraith moves its blade-arms in an intricate pattern before raising them to the sky, and dark clouds begin to gather heralding heavy rain. As the first drops begin to fall, the police officers guarding the perimeter look at Stacey with an annoyed expression. Clearly there were a number of inconveniences to the newly introduced weather: they didn’t want civilians interfering with procedures, they didn’t expect to get wet and they certainly didn’t want to acknowledge that it was a good idea.

The rain brings about another beneficial result: most of the bystanders who had come to gawk at the tragic misfortune of others begin moving out, bothered by the unexpected weather conditions. Only Stacey, the worried girl and a handful of more persistent onlookers remain.

The young woman turns to face you. Her eyes are red and swollen, and amidst her sobbing she has trouble forming full sentences, but she makes a point of expressing her gratitude.

- I… Thank you… thank you so much for… for going through all this trouble! It’s just Anya… Anya is my little sister, if something happens to her I don’t... I won’t know what to do! But your friend… is she going to be alright?

Both of you are now soaked to the bone. The fire does seem to be subsiding, both thanks to the pouring rain and the efforts of the men inside. The girl takes your hand in hers and grips it firmly, a physical contact that you probably could have down well without.

As tears once again begin to overwhelm her, a male voice is heard in the distance. Looking over your shoulder, you spot an old man hastily walking toward the both of you.

- Oh, dear Felicia… Here you are, I’ve been looking all over for you! Please don’t tell me you... oh, my dear girl…

He looks at you; the man is probably in his eighties by now, mostly bald, with a thick white moustache and a very tired, tormented face. And yet he somehow musters an apologetic smile.

- I hope my daughter didn’t cause you too much trouble! You see, she… she isn’t in a very good place right now, mentally I mean… Ever since her little sister passed away a few years ago, she… she couldn’t quite handle it, I’m afraid. I am truly sorry if she bothered you about a girl called Anya, she tends to do that you see…

Nevermind the fact that this girl in her twenties turned out to be the daughter of an eighty-year-old man, it seems that Jess went and recklessly put her life on the line for nothing!

- NO! Anya is in THERE! You’re all idiots, you’ll let her die!!!

Breaking free from her father’s grasp, she too jumps over the barricade, shoves a police officer to the ground and storms inside the building in a blind rage.

Stacey, Jess… what do you do?
    Stacey watched as Jess ran off with resolution towards the burning building and felt full of concern and worry, was she doing the right thing by letting her go in there alone? As her mind worked through her concerns she moved her eyes to her powerful Kabutops who began his dance. He moved gracefully his deadly scythes cut through the air leaving a trail of white behind with the speed he moved. Storm clouds began to form in the skies above and rain began to fall in large wet blobs clinging to the skin and clothes. She received several annoyed looks from the emergency personnel, who were not pleased to be wet but behind the annoyance she could see envy in their eyes, some wished that they had thought of the idea themselves. Either way Wraith stopped his dance and crossed his scythes staring down the humans who looked at him instilling fear into their hearts. Most of the bystanders begin to move away as the new wet weather is enough to discourage them away from the scene, Stacey couldn't help but feel a little big-headed, it had been a good idea after all. The young woman turns her attention to the woman left to guard her. Her eyes were swollen and puffy, a side effect of the raw emotion she had displayed earlier.

"I… Thank you… thank you so much for… for going through all this trouble! It’s just Anya… Anya is my little sister, if something happens to her I don’t... I won’t know what to do! But your friend… is she going to be alright?"

"Jess is a competent trainer with powerful Pokemon, if anyone can find your sister it's her. I'm sure she'll do everything she can to find her and bring her out safely," Stacey said honestly meaning every word. She had faith in the younger woman, she was a powerful trainer with strong Pokemon at her disposal. As if to back up this sentence Kristen gives her input calling out in her cute Snorunt language. The rain falls heavy ans Stacey's clothes clung to her form, her hair falling in front of her face and she sweeps it behind her ear. It was fortunate that it wasn't such a cold day as the pair of them could become ill if they stood out in this weather too much longer. The girl grabs Stacey's hand and she looks down to the vicegrip she has on her and grimaces with discomfort. Wraith stares at the pair, his eyes full of confusion, was his trainer under attack. Stacey shook her head at him and gave a smile full of pity towards the girl. Her emotions begin to get the best of her once again as she begins to cry again but suddenly a male voice pierces the air from behind her. Stacey looks over her shoulder to the old man making his way towards them.

"Oh, dear Felicia… Here you are, I’ve been looking all over for you! Please don’t tell me you... oh, my dear girl…" Stacey felt a suddenly surge of relief that someone had shown up who knew the girl, perhaps he could tend to her now so Stacey could check on her own friend. He approaches the pair and his tired face holds an apologetic smile.

"I hope my daughter didn’t cause you too much trouble! You see, she… she isn’t in a very good place right now, mentally I mean… Ever since her little sister passed away a few years ago, she… she couldn’t quite handle it, I’m afraid. I am truly sorry if she bothered you about a girl called Anya, she tends to do that you see"

Stacey suddenly felt her blood run cold, the hand in hers felt icy, like death had its grip on her. Her eyes were wide and shocked and began to hold the same emotion the girl had. Tear pricked at her eyes and she felt her heart hammer in her chest. This girl's sister was dead? She was dead? DEAD? Jess had gone into a burning building to rescue a memory? Oh God no, this girl could have sent Jess to her death and Stacey had let her go. The feeling of dread and guilt washed over her and she didn't even think about how this young woman could be the daughter of this very old man, the girl let go of Stacey's hand and hysterically began to cry.

"NO! Anya is in THERE! You’re all idiots, you’ll let her die!!!"

She rips away from her father's grip and shoves past the police to enter the building. Stacey was left dumbfounded with the old man standing next to her.

"My ... friend went in that building looking for Anya and you tell me she's dead?" Stacey was just frustrated an angry and took it out on the nearest person to her.

"Why don't you take better care of your daughter God DAMMIT!" She moves away from him before looking down to the two Pokemon beside her, her own Golett and Jess' Snorunt.

"I need you two safe, in your Pokeballs please," she said without much explanation. She couldn't risk them in the fire, especially Kristen, she wasn't made for that type of environment. They disappear in a flash ans she rushes over to her Kabutops who stood ready to dissect anything she asked him to. She wrapped her arms around his neck and held on tight.

"Get us in that building Wraith now. Aqua Jet, through a window if necessary, we need to be quick. Jess may be in grave danger and its my fault." She said with regret. Wraith growled and began to summon the water around him preparing to shoot off into the building with his trainer on his back. She had to be alright, if she got there in time she could get them both out ... stupid crazy lady!
    FB Hellions: P.C:

Let yourself go, let the fear in you show, for we are all alone, till the cold force of death soaks us to the bone

Ruin Island

Amor Temple

Stark: The Amor Temple is one of the main hallmarks of Ruin Island. The structure stands imposing, even if unattended, among the wild vegetation. For such an important landmark of Cascadia, the apparent absence of any other humans is decidedly awkward.

You decided to come to Ruin Island in hopes of reigniting that old drive that all trainers once have – be the absolute best. A goal often forgotten along the years, as most tend to settle for a peaceful life alongside their Pokemon companions, content with living a regular, uneventful life. Not you though, as the call for adventure once again stirred inside you and lead you all the way to the distant archipelago of Cascadia.

Being fond of history, and easily awed by the old architectural wonders, you chose the Amor Temple as the starting point of your new journey, and so far you haven’t regretted it one bit. Although the lack of people can be disheartening to many, you brave forward, accompanied by Aurora and Twilight, two young Eevee who are equally delighted with this new beginning.

As you walk inside the main hall, You look around, gazing at the elaborate works of art within. If the entrance had marveled you, then you could get lost in wonder for ages inside the Temple. The entrance hall sprawled in front of you, multiple large stone pillars symmetrically placed over several feet on both sides of the room. The stone had been sculpted to make the pillars resemble coiling Gyarados, with each head turning to face the one directly in front of it at the top of each structure. They were remarkably well preserved, too – for such an ancient building, everything seemed to have survived over centuries with little to no degradation, disregarding the vines that had grown in several spots overtime.

As you make your way across the large area, you realize that the wall on the far end has two doors: one on the left side and one on the right. Between them, huge and imposing, was a statue of Regirock, Legendary Golem of Stone. The vegetation that had wrapped around it, covering several of the carefully-sculpted carvings with small branches, made the statue an even more impressive sight, as if the titan had become part of the surrounding nature itself, yet remained unshaken by its intrusion.

You had a choice to make now, and a blind one – left or right? For all you knew, it could be like a maze inside… But as you tried to recall those basic maze-survival tips you’d read about on fantasy books, an eerie sound echoed loudly through the air, resonating on the walls around you in unnerving fashion.
    Before you could pinpoint the source of the sound, a fine stream of sand began seeping slowly from one the stone Gyarados’s mouth… Not long after, that delicate flow of sand transformed into a full-force gale, as a Sandstorm blew through the hall! Finally, from inside the sculpture’s mouth emerged a Baltoy, floating slowly and ominously through the air and stopping a few feet away from you…

Running away might be an option, as the enemy might be too dangerous for your young Eevee companions; on the other hand, the Baltoy could very well give chase, and without knowing the Temple’s layout or its potential traps, it could be a risk to just carelessly run inside...

What will you do?
    How did the old saying go? Something about trapped between a Regirock and a hard place?

The temple had been everything Stark could have hoped for. Ancient pillars carved of stone preserved even by time in this magnificent place. The gyarados carved into the pillars were a sight to behold just by themselves. the Regirock at the end of the great hall was merely the extra that pushed the wonder over the edge into the realm of astonishing. In a way Stark had regretted not bringing a camera with him. Unfortunately, photography was never a skill that he was very good at. Although seeing this place had made him think that maybe it was a hobby he should take up. After all, having a few mementos from his travels that weren't just items he collected along the way would go a long way toward making the experiences he had in journeys even more reminiscent.

Even Aurora seemed to have been in awe as they walked through the pillars toward the end of the great hall. Her ears perked up and her eyes wide as she took in her surroundings. One thing, Stark had learned about the little eevee was that no matter how serious she tried to be, she still was overwhelmed by the incredible. In that way she was very similar to her trainer. Twilight on the other hand seemed to bound around in circles during their walk. His scruffy head bouncing up and down in a playful fashion. He never seemed to miss out on a chance to run and play when he was free of his pokeball. It didn't matter where they were or what was happening around them. As far as Stark knew, the little guy didn't even care or notice the unbelievable architecture around them.

"So which way do we go?" Stark commented to himself once they reached the pair of doorways. Aurora seemed to be transfixed on the Regirock statue while Twilight continued to bounce off of both the other eevee and his trainer. It caused Stark to smile and made him wonder if maybe he had gotten a little too serious in the years since he had begun his journey. Then again, if he had brought a map with him, maybe he would have been able to relax and play a little more himself. Not that he didn't like the unknown. That was part of the adventure. It was just that he was responsible for those with him. In this case his two partners. Taking unnecessary chances was not exactly something he was ready to jump into.

The trainer began to cough and he noticed aurora's ears perk up, while twilight quickly circled Stark's legs until he was rubbing up against them. The trainer turned in time to feel a warm blast of air mixed with sand hit him. his mouth suddenly parched and his tongue desperately licking his lips causing him to grimace at the nasty, dry taste he found there. A sudden sandstorm in an otherwise peaceful place had caused Stark to become worried. His eyes squinted as he placed his arm in front of his face to try to block out some of the sand whipping at him. That's when he saw it. Like a children's toy, a top shaped object floated out of the mouth of one of the gyarados statues. He didn't need his pokedex to tell him what he was looking at. He had seen Baltoys before. Years ago, when he was a young trainer he had encountered another trainer who had one as a partner. While Stark never really got to know the trainer or even meet the Baltoy, he had seen it in action. At least enough to know that he was dealing with a psychic and ground type of pokemon. Something his Houndour would have had no problem dealing with had she been with. As it was, Stark was going to have to make a choice of letting his two young companions go at the thing or take one of the passage ways out of there.

The trainer kept his eyes on the creature even as he said, "Aurora, come to me." The female eevee didn't need to be told twice as she stepped over and stood just in front of and off to the side of her trainer. Stark grit his teeth feeling the grains of sand that had snuck through his mouth grind upon his teeth. Were he not in the middle of deciding how best to handle the current situation, he would have prayed that he had his toothbrush with him.

In the end there really was no choice. He couldn't very well go running through the temple and risk falling into a trap with his partners. Not only that, but there was no way to know that this Baltoy wouldn't hound them the entire way. Maybe it was a territorial thing. Maybe it was something else. All Stark knew was that this thing was ruining what had started out as a nice little expedition of exploration and he wasn't about to stand for it.

"Aurora! Twilight! I need you both to work together to take that thing out. I want both of you to use Helping Hand on each other to show that you are both working as a team. Then follow that up with each of you launching a Shadow Ball at that thing. Got it?" Stark explained nodding back at the pair when they nodded their understanding to him, "Alright then... Take it down!" The trainer's hand swept out in front of him as he pointed at the Baltoy while nervousness about just how powerful this Baltoy might be pricked at the back of his mind.

~¤Sea Priestess¤~ lilbluecorsola's Avatar

Well, new batch is ready for those that already replied. Reviews so far have been positive, so I’m a happy newbie. :P

Also, welcome to King Ghidorah and myahoo, my newest updatees!

Finally, a quick question for Arc&lilblue: I’ve been reluctant to refer to you when you’re together as “you”, because, well, there are two of “you”. :P So in those situations I’ve resorted to using “Stacey” and “Jess”, but that makes you sound like NPCs and I’m not totally comfortable with that. Suggestions? Should I keep doing it like this?

----

Brine Island

Salin City

Arc_Angel & lilbluecorsola: Confronted by the horrifying scene, both of you are drawn back to painful memories thought long repressed. The inferno, the lives lost and the panic around the scene force you to reminisce on past events that you would much rather have left undisturbed.

Be it an overwhelming sense of duty, a silent cry for recognition or simply a very lacking set of social skills, Jess comes to terms with her suicidal course of action – leave the sobbing woman with Stacey (who, in all honesty, isn’t much of a people person herself) and go look for Anya, who may or may not be alive; who or may not even be there.
    Settling on Atzu the Azumarill and Haruki the Shiny Corsola for backup, she asks Stacey to keep her remaining Pokémon, should anything tragic happen, which issn’t all that unlikely. Jumping over the barricade, she runs in the direction of the front door, hoping no officers would tackle her down before she made it there. Fortunately for her – was it really? -, most were left too dumbfounded at her actions to try and stop her, a further testament to the quality (or lack thereof) of the dispatched forces.

But while the regular police body was indeed less than ideal, another team on the scene was much more diligent. As you storm inside the building and reach the entrance hall, you find three POLT Agents (and not “officers”, as they consistently emphasize) hard at work: one is directing traffic, strategically dispatching teams of firemen and Pokémon to put out localized fires; another is scraping the hall for clues of what might have been the cause of the disaster; and the last one is standing directly in front of you, blocking your way. He speaks to you slowly, with a deep, stern voice.

- Miss, you’re not supposed to be here. I understand you might be concerned with survivors or property damage, but the building is strictly off limits to civilians. I’ll have to escort you outs… What is it Brendan?

The agent examining the scene had apparently found something, and had made its way over to share the intel.

- Senior Agent Gouka, I think we have the MO. I’m afraid this was no gas leak, no accident at all. There are Electrode remains scattered throughout the hall, and I’m moving in to sweep the apartments after the upper floor is under contr… Hum, Miss, what’re you doing here? Civilians aren’t supposed to…

- I got it covered, Brendan. Miss, I’m saying this one last time. Outside. Now.

While the fire is out in entrance hall, the same can’t be said for the first floor, judging by what this Brendan character let slip in your presence. But with Senior Agent Gouka (apparently they do take these titles seriously) blocking your path, there is seemingly no way for you to just run off on your own anymore…

Just as you are about to plead with the POLT Agents, a young woman in tears - a familiar face, actually - darts through the front door much like you had just minutes ago. She stops as she sees you there, suddenly looking lost and confused. And just then…

- Shit, look out! ELECTRODE!!

As you turn around startled, you indeed spot a large Electrode rolling down the stairs from the first floor, and it stops five feet away from where you stand. It suddenly starts glowing ominously… It’s gonna blow!!

-----

Wraith moves its blade-arms in an intricate pattern before raising them to the sky, and dark clouds begin to gather heralding heavy rain. As the first drops begin to fall, the police officers guarding the perimeter look at Stacey with an annoyed expression. Clearly there were a number of inconveniences to the newly introduced weather: they didn’t want civilians interfering with procedures, they didn’t expect to get wet and they certainly didn’t want to acknowledge that it was a good idea.

The rain brings about another beneficial result: most of the bystanders who had come to gawk at the tragic misfortune of others begin moving out, bothered by the unexpected weather conditions. Only Stacey, the worried girl and a handful of more persistent onlookers remain.

The young woman turns to face you. Her eyes are red and swollen, and amidst her sobbing she has trouble forming full sentences, but she makes a point of expressing her gratitude.

- I… Thank you… thank you so much for… for going through all this trouble! It’s just Anya… Anya is my little sister, if something happens to her I don’t... I won’t know what to do! But your friend… is she going to be alright?

Both of you are now soaked to the bone. The fire does seem to be subsiding, both thanks to the pouring rain and the efforts of the men inside. The girl takes your hand in hers and grips it firmly, a physical contact that you probably could have down well without.

As tears once again begin to overwhelm her, a male voice is heard in the distance. Looking over your shoulder, you spot an old man hastily walking toward the both of you.

- Oh, dear Felicia… Here you are, I’ve been looking all over for you! Please don’t tell me you... oh, my dear girl…

He looks at you; the man is probably in his eighties by now, mostly bald, with a thick white moustache and a very tired, tormented face. And yet he somehow musters an apologetic smile.

- I hope my daughter didn’t cause you too much trouble! You see, she… she isn’t in a very good place right now, mentally I mean… Ever since her little sister passed away a few years ago, she… she couldn’t quite handle it, I’m afraid. I am truly sorry if she bothered you about a girl called Anya, she tends to do that you see…

Nevermind the fact that this girl in her twenties turned out to be the daughter of an eighty-year-old man, it seems that Jess went and recklessly put her life on the line for nothing!

- NO! Anya is in THERE! You’re all idiots, you’ll let her die!!!

Breaking free from her father’s grasp, she too jumps over the barricade, shoves a police officer to the ground and storms inside the building in a blind rage.

Stacey, Jess… what do you do?
    OoC – I don’t mind how you wish to refer to us, whichever way you’re more comfortable with. ^-^

Jessica quivered in surprise as Stacey leaned in close and gave the girl warmth, simultaneously whispering a cold warning. But the heat of passion behind those words made Jessica blush and promise, tears pricking at her eyes. She blinked and bit them back again – not because she didn’t want Stacey to see her as weak – but to show she wished to turn that love into strength.

She handed her Pokémon over to Stacey, holding onto but two balls – one brown and one blue. Kristen clung to her trainer’s clothes, but Jess convinced the Snorunt that she’d be safer with Stacey. …And that she would come back safe as well.

Then, taking a deep breath, Jess covered her head with her hood – hoping it would provide some protection from the smoke as well as prevent immediate identification/notice by the police – and climbed over the barricade. Taking care to keep as low and inconspicuous as possible, she quickly and quietly made her way towards the crumbling building, ignoring the belated shouts behind her. Ducking in the door, she thanked her lucky stars the officers seemed so uncoordinated. Had any one stopped to question her, she would surely have wasted precious time clamming up under pressure.

Inside, however, where the fervor raged more intense, the level of organization was ironically opposite. As soon as she entered the hall, she ran straight into three POLT agents directing dousing and search operations – only for clues it seemed, not survivors. One of them imposed himself directly before her, daring her to take a single step farther.

“Miss, you’re not supposed to be here. I understand you might be concerned with survivors or property damage, but the building is strictly off limits to civilians. I’ll have to escort you out…”

Jessica shrank under his stern stare, hardly even able to protest or offer an excuse. Despite the fact these people’s professionalism was obviously a good thing, she cursed their prompt reactions and her own inability to speak. So much for sneaking by unnoticed in the chaos. However, at that moment, another man came up and addressed his superior, reporting in on the status of the investigation. While Jessica was intrigued by the proof of Pokémon arson, rather than wait around for more information to let slip in her presence she wondered if she could use the distraction to dart past them. However, with two now blocking her path, not to mention the narrow confines of the passage, there appeared no chance of that possibility.

She was about to suck it up and start pleading her case when suddenly the young lady from before burst in behind her. The woman halted, seeming lost and confused when she saw the girl standing there. Her eyes were blank, almost discounting the existence of the agents completely. Disconnected. Jessica startled and began to sweat even more than from the temperature and prior panic. What was that person doing here? Had the woman gone mad? Where was Stacey? Did something happen? Oh God. By trying to protect both, had she instead led them all into danger? Damnit, she should’ve stayed by Stacey’s side!

At that moment, one of the agents yelled. “Shit, look out! ELECTRODE!!”

She turned. Sure enough, spinning down the steps was a large, red and white sphere. It stopped short five feet away, greeting her with beady eyes and a grin before beginning to glow. Jessica gulped, alarm rising to her throat. She had to think fast, to save everyone. Especially this potentially unwell woman, whom she felt responsibility for. Stacey had stood by Jess when she spaced out, now she needed to be strong for someone else’s sake. Staying static was not an option. But there was no time to run. What could she do? Her sight flew to the stairs – no, there was no way to send it back the way it came, and to do so would only risk greater damage to the structure. Seconds were ticking. She swallowed, practical thought process slowing to a standstill, like liquid solidifying. No longer fluid, she began to freak, freeze. …Freeze?

Of all things, her mind went over one of her recent Battles that had ended in such a stalemate the results were ridiculous. But the strategy seemed sound. It was a long-shot, but worth a try. In a beat, she summoned her two Pokémon on the scene, barking commands without hesitation.

“Haruki, create a BARRIER to guard myself and her!” She pointed to the woman, hoping the POLT agents could take care of themselves. Their positions were too far apart for one Corsola to handle, and besides the men seemed capable enough to come up with some form of defense. Much as she hated to have to withhold help from others, her priority right now should be on the powerless. But with any luck, as long as her next plan worked, she banked on there being no need for the extra protection.

“Atzu, quickly cover the Electrode with CHOCOLATE MAGIC, then freeze it over with ICE BEAM! Hurry!”

She grabbed the woman’s hand and pulled her close behind the screen, praying her Azumarill would be prompt enough to prevent the blast from even occurring. But if the explosion continued despite their efforts, combined with ice that may or may not melt upon contact – or even fail to form in the first place – from this warmth… She closed her eyes. Either her idea would succeed, or backfire horribly. Please let it be the former.

Chocolate Magic - Once Ordered, the user Fires off a Molten Chocolate Blast that hits for the same power as a Bubblebeam. Once the Chocolate makes contact with the enemy it starts to stickifiy around them casuing movment to drop by 50% making it harder to Dodge or run near or away from the opponent. The stickiness lasts for 3 Rounds (and tastes pretty damn good too).
    Appeal Points: <3 <3
    Jam Points: <3
    Contest Effect: Makes last Pokemon to appeal miss the next appeal stage.

Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Glacier Island
    Boreal Wastelands - Covering the top of the iceberg, this area is basically a barren wasteland, devoid of life. There is a research base somewhere on the iceberg, but if you are unfortunate enough to get stuck in the middle of a blizzard, you may have to rely on your own abilities to be able to survive it. Ice Pokemon thrive in the conditions.
    The snow creaked under each footstep. Aside from the sound of his own breathing, it was the only sound around. A lone trainer strode into the vast tundra before him. Bundled against the cold he walked steadily through the snow into the frigid night. In the sky, a sea of stars cast behind the streaming red and greens of the auroras in the sky. Stopping the trainer lowered his hood and stared up into the night to take it all in.

Auric was born in the north, he loved the north. He loved the mystery of it but more than anything he loved the wide open spaces. He never understood the appeal of cities and being surrounded by people. Out here it was just him and his team against an endless horizon. It made Auric feel limitless, whereas cities and crowds made him feel confined and anxious.

Way up high he could see the flame of his Charizard's tail moving around in the night sky like a comet. He couldn't see Ares at night if it weren't for his tail and Ares loved that fact. He ruled the night sky when he was flying. The cold didn’t bother either of them that much. Ares was full of fire, and Auric was acclimatized to the cold from years of exposure. Or maybe it was just in his blood. Taking a deep breath he could feel the cold air stinging his lungs.

This place reminded Auric of home for better or for worse. His memory was a tricky thing when it came to that night. The night everything changed, when he stopped being a child and became a faceless castaway. This setting felt so familiar. He couldn’t remember much of what happened the night he lost his home, or his family but he did remember this sky. He remembered his breath hanging in the air, the stars and colours. He remembered feeling numb and yet hurting all over. And he remembered the egg that he had in his arms. He couldn't remember where he picked it up or who gave it to him and he couldn't remember how he ended up curled up and a snow bank. Maybe he just didn't want to remember.

He gasped a little when Ares came walking up behind him. He must’ve been lost in thought and not even noticed him landing. In that moment Auric remembered something and pulled his backpack off his back and reached inside. With a smile Auric pulled out a small container with a cake inside. Pulling off the lid, he handed the cake to the Charizard.

“Happy Birthday Ares.”

Taking the cake, Ares gave a roar of excitement before sitting down in the snow and starting to eat his birthday treat. Auric smiled and looked back up at the night sky. “The sky was like this the night you hatched you know. I was shivering and holding your egg so tight I thought I broke it when you started hatching. And then you there you were, and the heat from your tail kept me from freezing. Even though you were so small you managed to save me.” Turning around he saw Ares blinking his wide eyes with his snout covered in icing.

“I remember sitting up all night in that cold with you, looking up at the sky and seeing all the colours in the sky. I wasn’t even sure if it was real. I thought maybe I was dreaming or maybe I was dead. Until the morning when I realized you were still there and I wasn’t a human popsicle.” He sat beside his friend in the snow. “And you’ve been there every night since. I don’t think I've ever thanked you for sticking with me. Those early years weren’t easy for either of us so thank you. I’m not sure I’d be here today if you hadn’t come into my life.”

He heard Ares grumble a little and turned his head to see Ares extend his claw with a fist full of mashed up cake in his hand. Auric smiled and grabbed a piece and took a bite. It didn’t take long for Ares to finish his cake. Auric put his hood back up and grabbed his back pack again.

“Well we’re here, so we might as well take a look around. I don’t think we’ll run into much in the dead of night in a place like this but I’m sure we’ll find something out here. The north has many secrets to share to those that look. Besides you need to work that cake off or you‘re going to be flying around half the night.”

The pair walked forward into the night with the sky glowing overhead.

OOC: I know I read something about this zone having a bit of a back log in terms of ZA's to updatee's. But I figured I'd post just in case there's an opening. If not I can re-post later.
    Fizzy Bubbles
    Trade Post

Current Team
    --------
    ----------

Add takkupanda on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    CASCADIA

Far off of the coasts of the mainland Fizzy Bubble zones, remote in the Silver Ocean, an island chain sits in basically, the middle of nowhere. These islands contain the some of the most diverse typing of Pokemon in the entirety of Fizzy Bubbles. All of these islands are actually volcanoes, but the majority of them have gone dormant. As many Pokemon spend all their lives here, many fossils of Pokemon and plants are buried in the depths of the volcanic ground, maybe some of these may be worth a look? You start out on the island that you first choose, via a ferry. In order to change areas afterward, Surf or Fly is a necessity.

Aduro Island
    An active volcano, this is the largest of all of the islands of Cascadia. Continually pumping lava out of human-built channels into the sea, the volcano causes the island to continually become larger and larger. Fire, Ground, and Rock types are common in these areas, and there are a few volcanic caverns leading into the volcano which are of interest to many people, and are said to house rare and powerful Pokemo. There is also a small village on the opposite end of the island, and the natives appear to be friendly, as long as they aren't disturbed too much. Vegetation on this island is sparse, and only the hardy plants can survive the heat of the volcano. The sand along the beaches is pitch black, and isn't exactly the softest thing to walk barefoot on. Hot springs and geysers are common in this area, dotting the landscape of the giant smoking mountain.
    Aduron Chasm - Atop Mount Aduro, the Aduron Chasm is the rim of the volcano which overlooks the boiling bowl of magma underneath. Fire types of all kinds thrive in the immense heat.
    On reaching the Aduro Island on a ferry, Marcelo and Broly made their way to the top of the volcanic mountain which was visible all the time, thanks to the smoke it continually let out as it was active. Climbing any mountain is tiring and with the temperatures rising as they got closer to the top of the mountain, it would have been extremely tiring had it not been the case that Marcelo was riding on top of his Arcanine, Broly, as if he was a horse. Being a fire-type Pokemon himself, Broly didn't seem to mind the heat too much and being a large and strong Pokemon, carrying Marcelo to the top of the mountain wasn't very tiring for him. However, Marcelo seemed to be sweating even as he sat on Broly with the things heating up and at one point, he had had enough. He got down for a break as he sought out a place where he could cool off. Broly sensed his trainer's problem and decided to help him cool down with a cold gust of Icy Wind, a strange attack for a fire-type to learn, but even the underpowered attack seemed to have deposited a layer of frost on Marcelo's body, which quickly melted making him feel hot again.

"That wasn't a very good idea, Broly..." Marcelo said as he didn't like how his body was subjected to hot, then cold and then hot temperatures again. "Maybe Nova can help..." he said as he sent out his Starmie for some help. "Nova, try sprinkling some water on me by using Water Gun!" Nova obediently sprinkled some water to make Marcelo feel cold again, but this time it felt a lot better and the shower seemed to have made Marcelo fresh again and ready to go on with their climb. "Thanks Nova, that felt nice.. Now take some rest!" he said as he recalled the Starmie back into its Pokeball before mounting onto Broly once again as they kept on their trail to the top, which seemed much closer now and Marcelo felt like they were almost there.

FB Profile

I am so sorry for the delay, between my exam and getting back on track with real life, updates were neglected… I’ll try my best to pick up the pace from here on out. Also, welcome to Trepie and takkupanda! Hope you enjoy the ride. And if there’s something about my writing style you don’t like, let me know!

Also, to anybody who feels they’ve just been “dumped” into a random battle, don’t worry: it’ll make sense soon, it’s not just a cheap cop-out to avoid having to advance the plot. :P

Finally to those of you with ongoing battles, you can issue up to three commands per update. If you’re controlling more than one Pokemon, you can’t issue 3 commands to each, but 3 in total. Also, apologies to those same people for the somewhat shorter updates in comparison to the others; it’s hard to write more or be very descriptive in a battle scenario. Still, hope you like it!

----

Aduro Island

Geyser Park

Hayward: Look here

Aduron Chasm

takkupanda: After a while of climbing, you finally reach the peak of Mt Aduro. The fact bears more relevance than you might have realized; more than a destination, it’s an accomplishment in of itself. Aduro is, after all, the single largest volcano in all of Cascadia – and an active one no less.

You take some time to look around and embrace the scenery. The chasm itself spreads around a center crater describing a very large circle that would take no less than an hour to walk around by foot. There is no risk of you accidentally falling inside the volcano either, as the stone rim’s spreads for a good 50 feet before ending abruptly at the fiery mouth of the Earth.
    Appropriate of an active volcano, the crater ahead emanates a distinct orange glow, the air above it a shimmering haze, and the rumbling noise of the magma within drowns all other sounds. The heat itself got progressively worse as you approached the summit, and is now bordering unbearable, but whether it’s the breathtaking view or the more immediate concern of what to do next, you pay almost no mind to the temperature anymore.

Broly has seemingly taken an interest in the boiling cauldron of death in front of you, and you’re forced to call him over back to your side when he gets too close to the crater. Wild Slugma wander about the Chasm, showing no particular interest in either of you, which makes you wonder just how many visitors they usually get; not many you figure, thinking back to the grueling climb you had to go through and the inherent danger of Aduro’s active core. Maybe Slugma are driven to a greater purpose, too important to be minding passersby, but somehow… you doubt it. Other than them, no other Pokémon seem to inhabit this peak, which is unsurprising given how inhospitable it is. But as you begin to wonder about what other life forms can be encountered in such a place, the answer comes to you in the form of voice. A human voice that rises above the turmoil of the effervescent magma.

“Hey, over here!!”

You instinctively turn your head to where the sound came from. Further up ahead are several human silhouettes, as well as others you can’t quite make out from where you’re standing, but that resemble machinery. Approaching them cautiously, you move close enough to get a better look at the figures: three men in sleeveless red jackets and black cargo pants, and two others wearing lab coats, one of whom runs to meet you.

- Good God man, how did you make it up here?! Where’s the rest of your squad? We didn’t hear any choppers, did you come by truck?

Then, stopping to look at you a bit longer, a look of doubt and then awe wash over his face, and he stares you in the eyes in disbelief, struggling to find words.

- N-no way… You mean… you… you’re alone? You made it all the way up here… by yourself?! On foot?

Suddenly, he grabs you by the wrist and drags you over to the rest of the men. Broly starts growling, seemingly ready to jump the man, but decides to just follow at close distance for now.
    As the two of you make your way to the other people, the shapes you couldn’t quite identify before become clear: a large crane from which a round metal pod is dangling, just above the crater, as if ready to drop inside; a long rack with several weird suits that resemble scuba-diving gear; and a number of crates serving as makeshift tables with laptops on them.

The men look at their colleague with a look that says they’ve had just about enough of his stories. As he tells them of your great feat however, they stare at you with renewed interest. One of the red jackets approaches you; his skin is tanned but his eyes are light blue, and he stands considerably taller than yourself – and with an impressive frame.

- Thank you Doctor, we’ll take it over from here. Don’t worry son, you’re safe with us.

He pulls you aside, looking to have a word with you alone, and talks in a low but deep voice.

- You’re probably surprised to see us here; this isn’t the place where you’d normally find people. Let me tell you, we’re even more surprised to see you. See, we’re conducting an important investigation here on Mt. Aduro, and both the men and the equipment arrived here by helicopter. But the fact that you made it here on your own is… impressive to say the least.

You can tell by now that this isn’t the kind of man that smiles a lot; probably in his forties, his hair a mix of blonde with some gray strands, his blue eyes are calm and resolute and his expression alone makes it clear that he’s lived through a lot and won’t be easily impressed. And yet there he is, extending his hand to you, in a show of respect.

- My name is Adam Shaw and I’m the leader of this expedition. I’ll be honest with you… If I didn’t see something in you that I could use, we wouldn’t be having this conversation. But you show promise, and you definitely have the toughness that some of my men lack. I don’t want to cause any trouble for you, or interfere with your travels, but if you could spare the time there is something I’d like you to do for us.

He turned to face the crater and pointed to where his crew was standing.

- Can you guess why we need all this gear? Where we’re trying to go? You’re a smart lad, I’m sure you got it by now. I won’t bore you with the technical details, but where we’re going, I need men of exceptional perseverance. If you want in, know that nobody works for free under my command; you’ll be rewarded, on the off chance that you make it out alive. Think it over, and if you decide to help us, talk to either of the two men in lab coats for a proper briefing, they’re the ones with brains. I have an operation to run, so you’ll excuse me.

Patting you on the shoulder with a large hand, he walked back over to his team, hastily issuing commands to all the idle personnel. You’re now faced with a decision: if the prospect of participating in a highly-dangerous mission for strangers, with minimal chances of success, isn’t appealing to you, then you might prefer exploring the Chasm on your own, turning to the wildlife in search of secrets untouched by Man. You are sure you can find spots of interest if you venture closer to the edge of the crater, where people rarely venture and nature runs its course undisturbed; who knows if wild Slugma are all there is to be found? On the other hand, you can indeed opt to aid these people in whatever it is that they’re looking to accomplish. You can’t shake off the feeling that this Adam Shaw guy was intentionally vague, possibly to spark your curiosity, but it’s no doubt that they’re aiming to do something dangerous – and certainly exciting.

What do you do?

Ruin Island

Amor Temple

Stark: The temple was indeed a sight to behold, and you find yourself marveling at the architectural genius of the long-lost civilization that erected the building. Equally impressed is Aurora, unlike the hyperactive Twilight, who isn’t exactly culturally educated. But one thing the three of you were starting to agree on was that this’d be a great opportunity to explore and have fun, something you hadn’t done in a while… until the Baltoy decides to interrupt an otherwise idyllic trip. With nobody else around, the most logical conclusion is that it must be a wild Pokemon defending its territory, and in that case, you hope it won’t be too hard to take down.

Trying to keep level-headed even through the storm, you decide that your Eevee duo might just be able to hold its own against the Clay Doll Pokemon. Issuing your first battle commands, while fighting to keep the sand out of your eyes and mouth, you command Aurora and Twilight to boost each other’s power through Helping Hand. The two foxes readily obey, as each of them start to glow before enveloping each other in their respective auras. Baltoy, in the meantime, simply stands where it is, an ever-increasing amount of sand swirling from underneath it and spreading throughout the hall with impressive force.

The real battle would start now. Looking at each other, Aurora and Twilight nod with determination before charging up Shadow Ball. With Baltoy not fighting back, they successfully fight through the pain from the pelting sand and fire their respective attacks directly at the opponent. As the Shadow Balls are about to make contact, Baltoy suddenly vanishes, and both orbs collide and explode violently. Looking around nervously, both Eevee try to understand what just happened, but you already figured it out: Teleport. Turning your head in every direction, you try to spot the enemy as well, but to no avail…

Suddenly, Aurora is enveloped in a bright pink light and starts floating briefly… before being hurled into Twilight, crashing into him, both foxes tumbling and rolling on the floor visibly hurt. No doubt that was Psychic… which for some reason makes you feel uncomfortable, as if something isn’t right. Should you have expected Psychic from a wild Baltoy?

In any event, you realize you’re dealing with a very strong opponent, so the standard head-on approach won’t cut it. Not only can’t you spot it, the Sandstorm isn’t letting up either, and no doubt Baltoy will just Teleport away from the next wave of attacks it sees. As you hurriedly try to think of a solution, you spot a faint pink glow coming from inside one of the Gyarados pillars’ mouths through the corner of your eye…

What is your next approach?

Lily Island

The Red Forest

PikaGod: Look here

The Silver Forest

hen da man: Look here

King Ghidorah: The shrine is here. It seems exactly like one of the visions, even though it was blurred when the Xatu showed it… Is this really the right place? And if it isn’t, are you irremediably lost?

You approach the structure and take a longer look at it. The shape is familiar to you; it’s remarkably similar to the famous shrine of Ilex Forest in Johto. Do the natives worship Celebi here too?

It’s getting cold. The sun is setting, the wind is chilly and the chirping of birds is progressively replaced with silence. Either it’s still too early for crickets, or this forest has none; whichever the reason, the quietness is discomforting. You realize that you have to pick up the pace before night falls; you don’t need a crazy prophet to tell you it’s danger to wander around aimlessly in a forest after dark.

As you try to remember the images that Messiah showed you, looking to plan your next course of action, Kingler snaps his pincers violently to gain your attention. Alarmed, you turn to face him, and surprise turns to shock when your eyes land on a middle-aged man with a large machete in his hand standing a few feet away from you. His clothes – a short-sleeved shirt and worn-out jeans – are dirty and torn in several places, and he looks malnourished and in dire need of a bath. You wonder why he couldn’t put that machete to use, either to hunt or to at least shave, but he doesn’t allow you to dwell on it for long.

- Seems you’re lost, boy… How did someone like you end up in a place like this? You’re far away from home, and the woods aren’t safe at night, trust me on that…

He twirls his machete in his fingers, and you’re no fool – it’s abundantly clear that he doesn’t have the best intentions.

- See, I think I know why you’re here… You met him, didn’t you? The crazy man who talks like a prophet? Did his Xatu show you this place in your mind? Don’t deny it, kid. Same shit happened to me. But you see, I ain’t got not Pokemon to guide me through it all, so I got lost. – he looks angry now, and you instinctively take a step back – I got lost four fucking months ago.

There are times when a Trainer needs to stop and think. Think about how impossibly utopic it is that each and every one of his problems can be solved through a merry Pokemon battle. Right now is one of those times. The man in front of you isn’t a Pokemon Trainer, having no such companion to his name. It’s only him, his knife and his despair.

Before you can even suggest that he join you, or offer any sort of help, he lunges forward screaming and swings his machete horizontally, aiming for your face. Perhaps because of his underfed state, he doesn’t move too quickly, and you narrowly dodge the first attack, instinctively ducking and taking several steps away from him and closer to your Kingler. The man turns around and stops briefly to savor the moment.

- You ain’t making it out of this alive, Trainer. You got clothes, supplies and, more importantly, a Pokemon that knows the way out of here. Unfortunately for you, your corpse is my ticket away from this shit!

The situation is dire… What do you do?!

Crater Island

Iridi Beach

kaisap112: Look here

Brine Island

Salin City

Arc_Angel & lilbluecorsola: The Kabutops sensed the urgency of Stacey’s request. After making sure that her Trainer is ready, he shoots forward almost faster than the eye can see, propelled by an Aqua Jet that sends parts of the hastily-assembled barricade flying everywhere. Police officers on the scene begin swearing, having had enough of just about everyone breaking through their security measures; clearly, not a good day to roll off of bed.

Shattering a ground floor window, Wraith successfully enters the building. Leaping down from his back, soaked to the bone because of the unorthodox method of transportation, you look around alarmed. You’re in an empty room! Fortunately most of the flames in this division are out, probably a joint effort between the POLT and your own Rain Dance… but that’s where the good news end. You hear some commotion coming somewhere from your right, and you hurriedly motion for Wraith to follow you; Jess and Felicia are probably still in entrance hall! The door is closed, standard procedure in limiting the spread of house fires, and some rubble piled up in front of it. Cursing, you and your Kabutops start dislodging everything that’s blocking the door as fast as you can; Jess needs you!

----

Atzu turns to Jess for a brief moment; he clearly doesn’t see the logic behind the orders she issued, until their true purpose dawns on him. As soon as Haruki has her Barrier in place, the Azumarill lets loose a stream of magical chocolate, covering as much of the Electrode as he can. Before its entire surface is coated however, Atzu realizes the Electrode is glowing as much as it ever will, which means no time to finish, he needs to switch to Ice Beam now!

As you pull the mentally unstable young woman close to you, you feel Atzu’s concern, realizing in horror that it may not be possible to contain the explosion adequately. But if he fails… if it doesn’t work, you’ll die! With nothing more to be done, you close your eyes prepare for the worst... How does one prepare for something like this? For death?

- Poliwrath, Ice Beam!!

Senior Agent Gouka’s voice suddenly echoes through the hall, loud and determined, and you find yourself opening your eyes again, expecting a miracle. Just as Atzu unleashes his own Ice Beam, a large Poliwrath next to the POLT Officer does the same, their combined power freezing the Electrode over much faster than Chocolate Magic had. And time ran out.

----

You finally manage to get the door open, in large part thanks to Wraith’s strength, and rush to the entrance hall. Just as you reach it, a large chunk of ice flies dangerously close to your face and shatters against a nearby wall, as do a number of other frozen projectiles across the hall.

You look around trying to understand what just happened. And why does the place smell of chocolate after a fire?! You quickly spot Jess, thank God, as well as the crazy girl called Felicia, taking cover behind a Shiny Corsola’s Barrier. And judging by the amount of ice in front Haruki’s shield, it’s a good thing they did. Three POLT officers are also in there, apparently recalling their Pokemon; two of them are staring at poor Jess with a look of sheer disbelief, while the tallest, oldest-looking one conveys no visible emotion.

You run over to check on your friend just as Haruki dispels the Barrier, looking exhausted. As you kneel next to her, the tall POLT officer approaches you. After a moment of silence, he helps the three of you up, and turns to Jess.

- I apologize for my earlier approach. Had I realized you were one of them, I would have instead requested your collaboration instead of turning you away like a regular civilian.

He motions for the other POLTs to gather samples of the remains.

- Your Chocolate Magic and Ice Beam combination was masterfully planned, especially at such a critical moment. That Electrode would have wiped us out otherwise; if you weren’t here, my Poliwrath’s Ice Beam alone would have been obviously insufficient, and Lord knows how dependable those two scrubs are. But as gifted as you are, I cannot endanger you further. If there’s anything you need from inside this building let me know, and I’ll personally retrieve it for you. Otherw…

Suddenly, five police officers burst through the front door, trying their best to look professional even after blunder with the repeated security breaches. They grab hold of the three of you and are about to cuff you when Wraith ominously steps forward. They stop for a moment, unsure of what to do, until one of them addresses Gouka, stammering.

- S-s-sir, we have orders t-to remove all civs from the building and take them to the p-precinct for questioning. They’re being charged with breaking and entering, as well as d-disrupting police work. We…

- And what fine work that was, officer. Please do escort them out, but you are not to arrest them under any circumstance. At least one of them is a User*. – the policeman’s eyes widen upon hearing this. - I am the highest authority figure on site at the moment, and you’ll answer to me. These civilians just averted a second catastrophe, so you can overlook them stomping all over your impeccable perimeter. Make sure they get out safely, but that will be all officer.

Senior Agent Gouka shakes Jess’s hand, and tries his hardest to smile. It comes off terribly, thanks to the lack of practice, but the thought should count.

- I will deliver a preliminary report to the local authorities after we conclude our searches. Contact them if you wish to know our findings, tell them I sent you; word spreads quickly when it needs to. Thank you once more for your help, Miss. Dismissed, officers.

- Y-yes sir. As you wish, sir. My apologies, ladies…

After you’re taken outside, Felicia’s father comes to meet you. You can’t quite read his expression, but he’s no doubt grateful to see his daughter safe. The girl, however, remains absolutely silent, eyes fixed on the floor.

- I… I am so very sorry for all of this. I cannot thank you enough, nor express my remorse for everything you went through… I feel I owe you in the very least an explanation. I’ll answer everything to the best of my ability… however offensive or angry you might wish to be. I take full responsibility for Felicia’s actions.

This was certainly not the best way to end an otherwise perfect day. You risked your lives for a woman you barely know, apparently for nothing… If you feel you’ve had enough of this crazy family, you might want to excuse yourselves and head elsewhere. You need to ask yourselves just how much of this incident you’re willing to put behind you if you really wish to move on though… between the fire caused by Electrodes, clearly a criminal act, to the number of casualties that you don’t even know, to this troubled woman and her obsession with a dead sister, there might be too much going on to ignore completely. And who knows? Senior Agent Gouka said you were special… surely there’s something you can do for Salin City after all that has happened.

Between getting an explanation out of this old man and looking for other ways to help around… what do you do?

((*term that ties in with another updatee’s story, since the universe is the same.))

Ion Island

Storm Lake

Myahoo: Cam faces you with a look of disbelief on his face. Unlike before, instead of trying to sugar-coat things, he makes no effort to hide his disagreement, and puts his ammeter away.

- You’re being childish. I know what you’re thinking; you wanna see Legendary Pokemon in the flesh, you wanna witness something that will set you apart from most other Trainers. I had you figured for someone with a bit more common sense!

Stopping for a brief moment, he looks at the ground, visibly flustered.

- I… I’m sorry. I didn’t mean it like that. But I do mean this: go away now! I understand your interest in seeing Zapdos and Raikou, it’s a normal reaction for any young Trainer, but… this is more than that. This is a cataclysm, and our job isn’t even to prevent it. It’s to pick up the pieces when it’s over and start anew, rebuild what we can. Do you have any idea how frustrating, how scary that is for any Ion Island Ranger?

He turns to face the lake, and you understand he’s reminiscing.

- I grew up not far from here. During Ranger School, we heard all these terrible, incredible tales about the clash, and how it was destined to happen again one day. Just like me and the other guys that graduated, hundreds of other aspiring Rangers heard those stories too… But none of them, and none of us, ever really considered the possibility that it’d happen in our time. Dammit, we aren’t prepared. How could we be?

He reaches for a PokeBall in his belt and holds it firmly before turning to face you again. He looks tired, concerned, guilty, all in one.

- Melissa, be honest with me. What do you gain by staying? Our job now is to minimize casualties, lay the groundwork for a clean fight between the two behemoths with the least possible collateral damage… Do you hope to stop the battle somehow? Or are you just sticking around to see what happens? You aren’t even guaranteed to get a glimpse of either beast during the struggle, not with all the chaos that’ll sweep across the island. So…

Hurling the PokeBall in the air, Cam releases the Pokemon inside – an Ampharos.

- … Show me, then. Prove to me that you can survive, that you can hold your own. If you do, I’ll let you stay, but you’ll stick with me. If you lose, you leave. If you fail to stand your ground against an Ampharos, you won’t stand a chance against what’s coming. I won’t have a young girl’s blood on my hands just because she was curious to see what a disaster looks like… but I’d gladly accept the help of a capable Trainer to handle the storm. Just don’t think you’re meant to stop this, or save Cascadia… there are no miracles, no Chosen Ones in the real world, Melissa.

Suddenly, the Ampharos releases a jolt of lightning that hits the sand just in front of you, making you leap back instinctively.

- I won’t take no for an answer, and I won’t hold back. If you wanna stay, show me I won’t have to worry about you.

Cam seemed like a friendly person at first, but now he reveals a new side to him; still, despite his change of attitude just now, it’s obvious he cares about your safety above all else and the bearing the weight of handling the future clash on his shoulders is crushing him. But like he said, the only way he’ll let you stay is by proving your worth. You can either give in to his pleas and agree to leave after all, or step up to the challenge and earn his trust.

What do you do?

Glacier Island

Boreal Wastelands

Thibideau: You wander around for a good while, not knowing where you’re going but not at all worried about it: this is a journey to explore, discover and learn, one without a clear goal or purpose other than to remember how it feels to embark on an adventure; something every Trainer does at one point, but only a few ever persevere and do It again. Such are the true Pokemon Trainers; not those who bask in the simple gratification of “having adventured once”, but those who can’t stay away, who always come back, sooner or later, to relive the thrill.

Ares walks with you, as close as possible to the first person he met the very day he was born. His best friend, his hatcher, his caretaker, Trainer and provider of cake. He could just as easily fly slowly to keep up with you, but he knows how his flame is precious to you in the cold, hisi source of light and heat, all the more important in the dead of the night.

After a while of walking, you notice several rocky formations in the distance; hopefully they’ll provide shelter for the night, as it’s getting progressively colder, and as wise as it’d be to keep on the move to avoid a drop in body temperature, you’ve been walking for a while and a rest would be welcome; besides it’s not like you’ll be running out of fire any time soon.

As you finally reach them, you realize that the structures aren’t exactly rock, but rather huge ice formations that have grown in a manner that forms a sort of cave in the middle of the wasteland. Seeing this as an adequate spot to rest for a while, you sit down and open your backpack to look for provisions for the night. Ares might have already eaten a whole cake, but when was the last time you had something to eat other than a half-crushed bit of pastry?

Suddenly, you hear something. It’s faint, but any sound is loud enough in the dead-silent Boreal Wastelands, and you feel alarmed. The sound grows in intensity, and you have a distinct impression than another similar sound joins it… Ares hears it too and grows restless, spreading its wings and stretching its neck to get a glimpse of whatever may be out there.

Progressively, it becomes clearer: a deep, raspy noise… a growl. Sure enough, another one rises in intensity just afterwards… Then, another one! You jump back up and try to urge your Charizard to stand still, but it’s too late. In front of the cave entrance appear three Beartic, who have already caught your scent; were they behind the icy rocks when you arrived and set up camp? Considerably larger than even Ares, the bears tower over you both, no doubt looking for a meal…

Ares has an advantage over the opponents; however, Beartic are larger than Charizard, and you’re outnumbered three to one. And to make matters worse, you’re trapped inside the icy cave as the three bears block the entrance, making Ares unable to take flight!

This is the first obstacle in your journey, and already quite the dangerous challenge… what will you do?!

Glacier Island

Boreal Wastelands

Thibideau: You wander around for a good while, not knowing where you’re going but not at all worried about it: this is a journey to explore, discover and learn, one without a clear goal or purpose other than to remember how it feels to embark on an adventure; something every Trainer does at one point, but only a few ever persevere and do It again. Such are the true Pokemon Trainers; not those who bask in the simple gratification of “having adventured once”, but those who can’t stay away, who always come back, sooner or later, to relive the thrill.

Ares walks with you, as close as possible to the first person he met the very day he was born. His best friend, his hatcher, his caretaker, Trainer and provider of cake. He could just as easily fly slowly to keep up with you, but he knows how his flame is precious to you in the cold, hisi source of light and heat, all the more important in the dead of the night.

After a while of walking, you notice several rocky formations in the distance; hopefully they’ll provide shelter for the night, as it’s getting progressively colder, and as wise as it’d be to keep on the move to avoid a drop in body temperature, you’ve been walking for a while and a rest would be welcome; besides it’s not like you’ll be running out of fire any time soon.

As you finally reach them, you realize that the structures aren’t exactly rock, but rather huge ice formations that have grown in a manner that forms a sort of cave in the middle of the wasteland. Seeing this as an adequate spot to rest for a while, you sit down and open your backpack to look for provisions for the night. Ares might have already eaten a whole cake, but when was the last time you had something to eat other than a half-crushed bit of pastry?

Suddenly, you hear something. It’s faint, but any sound is loud enough in the dead-silent Boreal Wastelands, and you feel alarmed. The sound grows in intensity, and you have a distinct impression than another similar sound joins it… Ares hears it too and grows restless, spreading its wings and stretching its neck to get a glimpse of whatever may be out there.

Progressively, it becomes clearer: a deep, raspy noise… a growl. Sure enough, another one rises in intensity just afterwards… Then, another one! You jump back up and try to urge your Charizard to stand still, but it’s too late. In front of the cave entrance appear three Beartic, who have already caught your scent; were they behind the icy rocks when you arrived and set up camp? Considerably larger than even Ares, the bears tower over you both, no doubt looking for a meal…

Ares has an advantage over the opponents; however, Beartic are larger than Charizard, and you’re outnumbered three to one. And to make matters worse, you’re trapped inside the icy cave as the three bears block the entrance, making Ares unable to take flight!

This is the first obstacle in your journey, and already quite the dangerous challenge… what will you do?!
    The cold night air clung to their every move. The landscape was barren as the pair trudged forward through the snow. The wastelands name was holding true tonight. The landscape seemed as if an endless nothing that stretched on and on. So it didn't take much to catch Auric's attention when it appeared in the pale light of the aurora in the distance. It looked to be some sort of rocky outcrop or a cave of some sort. Thinking it could be a convenient place to camp for the night he whistled to Ares. Ares studied it carefully as the pair made their way closer. The closer they got to the formation, the stranger the situation seemed. Using his gloved hand Auric brushed away the snow from one of the rocks and strangely it reflected the light from the sky.

"It's ice...I think this whole thing might be ice." Auric said wiping his hand off on his coat.

He could tell Ares was on edge and he knew why. Something like this doesn't just appear naturally. Something or someone put it here meaning they might not be as alone as Auric thought. "Well there's no point turning around now. Stay alert." He said as he walked forward. Slowly a strange cave began to take shape within the dense slabs of ice. The pair paused at the entrance. Auric tapped on the sides to confirm they were ice. Walking through the entrance almost seemed like the tundra was consuming them as Ares tail glow bounced off the walls of the cave. They didn't get very far into the cave before Auric stopped. "This is far enough for now lets rest here for a second." He said pulling his backpack off again. He didn't want to lose sight of the entrance until he knew they were safe. Rummaging through the contents of his life he pulled a small cold apple free just as something echoed through the cave.

The sound was low at first but any sound besides the night wind here was enough to get anyone's attention. After travelling together for so long Auric could tell Ares was worried. His wings stretched out and his head was scanning behind them. Auric quickly got back to his feet as the sound evolved in to a low growl. Looking back to the entrance he spotted them, a small pack of Beartic, on the scent of their prey. This time of year they'd be desperate for food. Auric and Ares probably seemed like a 5 star restaurant to them. Worse still they were hemmed in this cave. Ares was quick, but his mobility would be limited in this cramped space. He could hardly extend his wings without hitting the sides of the cave. If it came down to a fight the situation was against them. It would really come down to Ares training working against a numbers advantage and cramped fighting space. His mind raced. He could have Ares burn their way out, but the debris from the ceiling of the cave would be way too much of a hazard for the two of them, not to mention that the Beartic would probably be on top of them before Ares could finish torching his way through.

He could have Ares attack head on but even with his type advantage three versus one could leave Ares in pieces. The thought of sending out another pokemon also crossed his mind but simply put, the temperatures here would work against anyone other than Ares and Pandora his Cloyster, but she would limit their ability to make any kind of escape in this situation.

Auric took a deep breath. "Well it could be worse I guess. At least there's not four of them." he said looking at his friend. Ares turned to him and let out a puff of smoke and a groan. Auric really wanted to avoid a fight, but he knew it was unlikely. Still he quickly surveyed their situation to gather his options.The apple was still clenched in his hand. The aurora still danced in the sky reflecting in the ice of the cave. The snow forming a solid blanket under foot. Ares stood watching the Beartic carefully in case they attacked. Auric could feel his heart rate going up, mostly because he knew what he was considering and how utterly stupid and dangerous it would be.

Taking a bite out of his apple he walked up beside Ares. In the dead of the wasteland, Auric was betting on the Beartic's hunger being stronger than their will to fight. He was betting on the smell of this fresh apple at least being able to even the odds somewhat. "I'm going to toss this apple towards the cave entrance to hopefully draw them away. If they come after us instead, aim your Flamethrower at the snow on the ground in front of them. That should kick off enough steam to provide us some cover. That'll buy us some time to see if this cave goes a bit deeper. Maybe we can hide out in the back until we can burn our way out. If they catch up to us hit them with a Mega Punch"

Ares nodded and growled lightly as Auric stepped out in front of him. Winding up he threw the the apple with all his might towards the entrance of the cave and began backing up, ready to run deeper into the cave should the Beartic charge.

OOC: I changed my bmgf screen name to Trepie to help avoid any confusion.
    Fizzy Bubbles
    Trade Post

Current Team
    --------
    ----------

Ion Island

Storm Lake

Myahoo: Cam faces you with a look of disbelief on his face. Unlike before, instead of trying to sugar-coat things, he makes no effort to hide his disagreement, and puts his ammeter away.

- You’re being childish. I know what you’re thinking; you wanna see Legendary Pokemon in the flesh, you wanna witness something that will set you apart from most other Trainers. I had you figured for someone with a bit more common sense!

Stopping for a brief moment, he looks at the ground, visibly flustered.

- I… I’m sorry. I didn’t mean it like that. But I do mean this: go away now! I understand your interest in seeing Zapdos and Raikou, it’s a normal reaction for any young Trainer, but… this is more than that. This is a cataclysm, and our job isn’t even to prevent it. It’s to pick up the pieces when it’s over and start anew, rebuild what we can. Do you have any idea how frustrating, how scary that is for any Ion Island Ranger?

He turns to face the lake, and you understand he’s reminiscing.

- I grew up not far from here. During Ranger School, we heard all these terrible, incredible tales about the clash, and how it was destined to happen again one day. Just like me and the other guys that graduated, hundreds of other aspiring Rangers heard those stories too… But none of them, and none of us, ever really considered the possibility that it’d happen in our time. Dammit, we aren’t prepared. How could we be?

He reaches for a PokeBall in his belt and holds it firmly before turning to face you again. He looks tired, concerned, guilty, all in one.

- Melissa, be honest with me. What do you gain by staying? Our job now is to minimize casualties, lay the groundwork for a clean fight between the two behemoths with the least possible collateral damage… Do you hope to stop the battle somehow? Or are you just sticking around to see what happens? You aren’t even guaranteed to get a glimpse of either beast during the struggle, not with all the chaos that’ll sweep across the island. So…

Hurling the PokeBall in the air, Cam releases the Pokemon inside – an Ampharos.

- … Show me, then. Prove to me that you can survive, that you can hold your own. If you do, I’ll let you stay, but you’ll stick with me. If you lose, you leave. If you fail to stand your ground against an Ampharos, you won’t stand a chance against what’s coming. I won’t have a young girl’s blood on my hands just because she was curious to see what a disaster looks like… but I’d gladly accept the help of a capable Trainer to handle the storm. Just don’t think you’re meant to stop this, or save Cascadia… there are no miracles, no Chosen Ones in the real world, Melissa.

Suddenly, the Ampharos releases a jolt of lightning that hits the sand just in front of you, making you leap back instinctively.

- I won’t take no for an answer, and I won’t hold back. If you wanna stay, show me I won’t have to worry about you.

Cam seemed like a friendly person at first, but now he reveals a new side to him; still, despite his change of attitude just now, it’s obvious he cares about your safety above all else and the bearing the weight of handling the future clash on his shoulders is crushing him. But like he said, the only way he’ll let you stay is by proving your worth. You can either give in to his pleas and agree to leave after all, or step up to the challenge and earn his trust.

What do you do?
    Melissa fully expected Cam's disbelief. Hell, that part of herself that wanted to leave was now even louder than before—

"You're being childish."

—but Cam's first statement tore a bark of laughter from her, even as Wildfire's flames burst to life in indignation.

"I know what you're thinking; you wanna see Legendary Pokemon in the flesh, you wanna witness something that will set you apart from most other Trainers. I had you figured for someone with a bit more common sense!"

She noticed he didn't seem to entertain the possibility that she wanted to see if there was anything she could do to stop the two, but he seemed to need to get this off his chest after her apparently-idiotic decision, so she merely folded her arms and stood her ground, though she was also forced to tilt her head away from her left shoulder as Wildfire's flames burned hotter. Her starter was obviously not very happy with Cam right now. Besides, I do think seeing the Legendaries would be a bonus, she had to admit, if only to herself.

Cam stopped his tirade, looking at the ground, visibly flustered. "I...I'm sorry. I didn't mean it like that." Wildfire slowly lowered the heat of his flames, though he didn't extinguish them entirely. Somehow, he doubted the other person would calmly let Melissa stay, especially after an outburst like that. "But I do mean this: go away now! I understand your interest in seeing Zapdos and Raikou, it's a normal reaction for any young Trainer, but...this is more than that. This is a cataclysm, and our job isn't even to prevent it. It's to pick up the pieces when it's over and start anew, rebuild what we can."

Melissa sighed. That the rangers weren't even attempting to find any way to prevent the confrontation...well, even if it would be impossible, they should still be searching. Maybe there was someone who'd encountered Lugia or Ho-oh or who was strong enough to stop them. She vaguely recalled an old newspaper article she'd found when she was idly looking through past records that spoke of a hero of legend, before she shook her head. That particular trainer was probably long dead by now.

"Do you have any idea how frustrating, how scary that is for any Ion Island Ranger?"

I'm not even an Ion Island Ranger and part of me just wants to forget I ever heard about the upcoming confrontation, Melissa thought wryly in reply. But you don't see me just giving up...although I could just be crazy. She briefly entertained the notion that Fizzy Bubbles slowly turned people insane and reckless, before she refocused. Now was not the time to be thinking random things, after all.

When she began paying attention again, Cam had turned to face the lake and his voice had taken on a reminiscing tone. "I grew up not far from here. During Ranger School, we heard all these terrible, incredible tales about the clash, and how it was destined to happen again one day. Just like me and the other guys that graduated, hundreds of other aspiring Rangers heard those stories too...But none of them, and none of us, ever really considered the possibility that it'd happen in our time. Dammit, we aren't prepared. How could we be?"

No one could, Melissa answered silently, turning to look out over the lake herself. Wildfire's flames had shrunk as Cam's tale went on, though he kept a wary eye on the Ranger. He felt like something was coming to a head soon and he wanted to be prepared.

Movement out of the corner of her eye had Melissa turning to face Cam again as he pulled a Pokeball off his belt and held it, before turning to face her again. The expression on his face was a confusing mix of weariness, concern, and guilt.

"Melissa, be honest with me. What do you gain by staying? Our job now is to minimize casualties, lay the groundwork for a clean fight between the two behemoths with the least possible collateral damage...Do you hope to stop the battle somehow? Or are you just sticking around to see what happens? You aren't even guaranteed to get a glimpse of either beast during the struggle, not with all the chaos that'll sweep across the island. So..." He tossed the Pokeball into the air, releasing an Ampharos onto the beach. "...Show me then. Prove to me that you can survive, that you can hold your own. If you do, I'll let you stay, but you'll stick with me. If you lose, you leave. If you fail to stand your ground against an Ampharos, you won't stand a chance against what's coming. I won't have a young girl's blood on my hands just because she was curious to see what a disaster looks like...but I'd gladly accept the help of a capable Trainer to handle the storm. Just don't think you're meant to stop this, or save Cascadia...there are no miracles, no Chosen Ones in the real world, Melissa." The Ampharos released a bolt of lightning, hitting the sand just in front of Melissa and making her leap back instinctively. Wildfire's flames flared up again as the little fire echidna jumped off her shoulder to put himself between the Electric-type and his trainer, already Leering. "I won't take no for an answer, and I won't hold back. If you wanna stay, show me I won't have to worry about you."

She should have expected Cam to have this side to him. He was a Ranger for a reason and she doubted any Ranger could have qualified for the position without being able to stand their ground, verbally and in a battle. But the same thing that worried him also worried her, on the larger scale: where he was only worried about the collateral to Ion Island, she knew it could probably stretch throughout Cascadia and could even spread across Fizzy Bubbles. After all, this was Zapdos and Raikou they were talking about; they were Legendaries for a reason. Still, Cam was waiting for a response and Melissa wasn't about to change her mind, regardless of the fact that she was ignoring her survival instinct.

"Honestly, I doubt I'd gain much by staying, but I'm not going to leave. I've made my decision and I'm going to try to find some way to convince the two to stop." She paused. "Or postpone their battle. Whichever they'd be more likely to agree to. Besides, seeing either Legendary would only be a bonus." She shook her head. "Anyway, don't take me for an idealist—I know there are no Chosen Ones, though miracles probably have a better chance of actually happening—but I'll make sure to show you that I'm not completely inexperienced. Wildfire!" Her Cyndaquil flared his flames even higher, eagerly preparing to take on the Ampharos. While Melissa wasn't taking too much offense to the other human's words, he was on her behalf and he wasn't going to let him get away with it. "Smokescreen, then Extrasensory! And we'll finish off with Naturepower...er, if it doesn't come out as a Water-type attack," she said, glancing at the lake nearby. They were getting slightly predictable, weren't they, always starting off with a Smokescreen? Oh, well, Melissa shrugged. It worked.

OOC: Ohey, I can actually post now...>> Saywhut -_-

Blog Entries

Visit kaisap112's Youtube Channel

Hurray for updates! In news today: Takeo has dropped from the group and Fireray seems to have gone inactive. Tau is on a leave of absence. I won't be taking new updatees to replace the first two since I'm planning a bigger project, but let's continue with all of your adventures at last, shall we?

Venom Island

Skull Tunnel

uhhhhh, Missingno. Master & Marion Ette: With Lily and Liliana Flashing, the cave gets covered in a bright light that makes it fairly easy for everyone to see what’s going on. Myrtle uses her Psychic powers, lifting the Pecha Berry off Connor’s hand with ease and directing it into Connor’s open mouth. After Myrtle gets Connor to chew and swallow the berry, a few minutes pass in tense silence. Right before all the holding of breath makes all of you turn blue, Connor’s leg twitches. Then his fingers move a bit before he opens his eyes. Looks like he’s alive! Connor’s Pokémon jump on him immediately, every single one of happy to see their Trainer getting back to consciousness – though his leg is still injured and needs to be patched up. With a momentary brainstorm you decide to start heading out of the cave, since who knows what might be lurking in there, waiting to snap a neck or two. Connor's not up for walking in his state, so someone has to carry him, unless you have a more efficient idea...

What will you do?

Bane Forest

blazeVA: Marche gives you a funny look: did his trainer truly forget that Geodude can’t fly? He floats off a few feet from the ground, sneaking around the trees even better than Solid Snake…for a big lump of rock, at least. Surgei lets you mount him, a little uncertain about this idea as well, but you won’t let him have the time to think about it – there’s a larger than life Garbodor that could find you by accident at any moment! With extremely fast movement of wings, your Yanmega takes off with you on board. You rise above the dead trees, catching a glimpse of Marche down below. The Garbodor continues to stomp the woods – possibly heading home? Wait, why’s that branch getting closer to-?

There’s loud screaming as you and Surgei start falling to the ground at a high speed. You feel the pain of falling through dead branches – this plan might have not been the best one! Marche floats right after you, but you’re more focused on trying to get Surgei to stop before anything worse happens. Both of you close your eyes moments before you smack right into a rather thick tree. You can thank Arceus or whichever deity you do or do not believe in, because you hear a load of noise nearby; as you get your eyes to focus again, you notice huge piles of trash, one after another, littered around an open area in the middle of the woods. There aren’t any Garbodors around, only about 20 Trubbish, but your attention is drawn by…a Trubbish standing on the tallest trash pile, holding a screaming can. No, not a screaming can, that’s your Buneary! You’ve got an area full of Trubbish in the way though, so a hit-and-run might not be the ideal solution…

What will you do?

Crater Island

Iridi Beach

Meetan: The boy raises his gaze. “Oh, he-he-hello. You were at that TV-show thing too, right? I-I-I’m Kenny and thi-this is Wingy.” The Pidgey flaps his wings, happy to meet new people. He backs away slightly at the sight of a Pichu though, Electric-types not necessarily a great combination with Flying-types. “Wi-wi-wingy was too noisy in the library, so w-w-we were told to leave…and I’ve got my s-s-summer homework to finish. My mom called earlier and s-s-said I can’t go see Staryu if I haven’t finished the homework…but I don’t know a-a-any of this stuff…could you help me?” You see an opportunity: if you help him, no way he’d deny you knowledge of where the Staryu gather! You ask to see the questions first though, to see what kinds of answers are required…

Kenny gives you a slip of paper, apparently a handout from his school. You sweatdrop slightly at the logo of a local elite school, Kaede Academy, located at the top of the paper. Either the kid is really smart, rich, or both! You move on to see the questions:

1. Give three important facts about the evolution line of Chansey. (Specifically, the Pokémon and its evolutions!)
    2. Describe (with at least three sentences) and/or draw a Ludicolo.
    3. Which Berries have the following effects? A) Heals Paralysis B) Confuses Lonely Pokémon C) Raises Critical Hit ratio in a pinch D) Slows down, but increases friendliness

The questions continue, but you have a look at Kenny first. “Can you help me, Miss Alicia?”He looks at you with big puppy eyes.

What will you do?

Ruin Island

Amor Temple

OkikuMew: Max’s attempts to stop the Poochyena with Taunting, Scary Faces and Assurance don’t seem to have any effect. With great bravery you jump in front of the Poochyena (in the manner reminiscent of a certain black knight, very firmly); you can only hope he’ll listen…

With incredible speed, Elena grabs a Pokéball from her belt and throws it over your shoulder. “Milly, use Rollout!” With a flash of light, your view gets covered by something very big, pink and black – a large Miltank! The Pokémon gets into the shape of a ball, rolling at the Poochyena, causing small bits of rock and ground to fly all over the place. The wild Poochyena is caught by the surprise and easily knocked back from the rolling attack. Max is quick to dodge him, jumping to the side and watching as the wild one slams against the trunk of a tree and lands on the ground unconscious. The smaller Poochyena in Elena’s arms starts whining in distress. Petting the little one, Elena approaches the other Poochyena. “Milly, give this one and Max a Milk Drink, won’t you?” The Miltank sits on the ground and pulls the poor canine close, and it doesn’t take long for him to slowly start drinking up. Elena pets the small pooch in her arms and smiles a bit. She then addresses you: “I’m sorry for getting you in trouble like that! But at least no one is seriously hurt, right?” The wild Poochyena seems to have regained his health, hopping off Milly and sitting down, accepting his defeat – not happily, but accepting it. He’s trying to ignore you humans though, barking at the smaller pooch. Elena sets her down, the pair of canines sitting on the ground together. Getting the older Poochyena to co-operate is off to a good start, but something is still missing…

What will you do?

Glacier Island

Icicle Caverns

Celebii151: See here.

Brine Island

Salin City

Thrain: See here.

Avatar loading... 23% Missingno. Master's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Venom Island

Skull Tunnel

uhhhhh, Missingno. Master & Marion Ette: With Lily and Liliana Flashing, the cave gets covered in a bright light that makes it fairly easy for everyone to see what’s going on. Myrtle uses her Psychic powers, lifting the Pecha Berry off Connor’s hand with ease and directing it into Connor’s open mouth. After Myrtle gets Connor to chew and swallow the berry, a few minutes pass in tense silence. Right before all the holding of breath makes all of you turn blue, Connor’s leg twitches. Then his fingers move a bit before he opens his eyes. Looks like he’s alive! Connor’s Pokémon jump on him immediately, every single one of happy to see their Trainer getting back to consciousness – though his leg is still injured and needs to be patched up. With a momentary brainstorm you decide to start heading out of the cave, since who knows what might be lurking in there, waiting to snap a neck or two. Connor's not up for walking in his state, so someone has to carry him, unless you have a more efficient idea...

What will you do?
    Keith sighed in relief as the Pecha Berry did its work, and Connor regained consciousness. The Pecha Berry had cured his poisoning, but Keith took note of the fact that his leg was still injured. Eager though he had been to explore further into the cave, Keith could not argue with the blatant truth- they needed to get the hell out of there.

"Right, then, we should probably get out of here," Keith said, speaking up at last. "Good thing Pomona marked the way for us with String Shot," he added, glancing back the way they had come, and at the trail of String Shot that the Ivysaur had left behind. "OK-"

"Hold on a mi-nute, Meat Sack," interrupted Myrtle. "You have for-got-ten one fair-ly large de-tail." She glanced at Connor's leg- he was in no state to walk.

"Ah," Keith frowned. "Yeah, that could be a problem."

"You think?" Myrtle said snidely. "We will need to patch that up."

"Right now, I think we should get out of the cave, first," Keith responded. "Can you carry him with Psychic, Myrtle?" he asked.

"The way you have been ha-ving me spam that move left and right to-day?" Myrtle retorted. "I high-ly doubt it. I on-ly have so much Psy-chic en-er-gy, you know."

"OK, then," Keith said as he turned to face his Venomoth. "Lily, how about you?" Can you use your Confusion attack to carry Connor?" he asked.

"Venomoth, Venomoth," replied Lily.

"She says she is not cer-tain," translated Myrtle, "but she is wil-ling to try."

"That's settled, then," Keith declared. "Unless you have an idea, Marion?" he added, turning to face her.
    Last edited by Missingno. Master; 22nd December 2012 at 12:00 PM.

Ruin Island

Amor Temple

OkikuMew: Max’s attempts to stop the Poochyena with Taunting, Scary Faces and Assurance don’t seem to have any effect. With great bravery you jump in front of the Poochyena (in the manner reminiscent of a certain black knight, very firmly); you can only hope he’ll listen…

With incredible speed, Elena grabs a Pokéball from her belt and throws it over your shoulder. “Milly, use Rollout!” With a flash of light, your view gets covered by something very big, pink and black – a large Miltank! The Pokémon gets into the shape of a ball, rolling at the Poochyena, causing small bits of rock and ground to fly all over the place. The wild Poochyena is caught by the surprise and easily knocked back from the rolling attack. Max is quick to dodge him, jumping to the side and watching as the wild one slams against the trunk of a tree and lands on the ground unconscious. The smaller Poochyena in Elena’s arms starts whining in distress. Petting the little one, Elena approaches the other Poochyena. “Milly, give this one and Max a Milk Drink, won’t you?” The Miltank sits on the ground and pulls the poor canine close, and it doesn’t take long for him to slowly start drinking up. Elena pets the small pooch in her arms and smiles a bit. She then addresses you: “I’m sorry for getting you in trouble like that! But at least no one is seriously hurt, right?” The wild Poochyena seems to have regained his health, hopping off Milly and sitting down, accepting his defeat – not happily, but accepting it. He’s trying to ignore you humans though, barking at the smaller pooch. Elena sets her down, the pair of canines sitting on the ground together. Getting the older Poochyena to co-operate is off to a good start, but something is still missing…

What will you do?
    As much it's more my style of writing in first person, I better practice on writing in third person narrative...

Max's attempts of stopping the other of his kin didn't work, still running towards Okiku, Elena and the young pooch... But the Pokémon breeder quickly summoned her Miltank and ordered her to Rollout on the approaching attacker. As Okiku's dog got out of the way, the wild one got hit by Elena's cow and flew into a nearby tree, knocking him out. Milly then healed both Poochyena with Milk Drink and Elena lets go of the younger one, to her relative's apparent demand.

"I’m sorry for getting you in trouble like that!" Elena apologized to Okiku, "But at least no one is seriously hurt, right?"

"Eeeeh, yeah, thanks from saving out there," the trainer chuckled while scratching the back of her head, just realizing how rash and dangerous her own action was. "So much from hiding ourselves from the Poochyena of the temple though." She looked over the older of the wild dog duo, noticing how they were trying their best to ignore her and Elena then, with a worried look, looked over Max. "...You think they'll be cool for Max to join their 'gang' now? It's not really him who defeated the older one, plus we still don't know much help they'll be to get to Abra..."

Taking it as a cue, Max friendly barked at his earlier opponent, thanking him for a good match, then politely sniffed him as a traditional dog introduction. He knew he needed to ask if he and everyone else could get in the temple, but he wanted to make sure he didn't rub in the wrong way their only chance of sneaking into the temple without getting into more trouble.

"Speaking of the Abra though," Okiku continued, "where is it, or more importantly, why isn't it controlling those two, especially with our mugs showing up around here again?" Pensive, she scratched the side of her chin. "...Maybe he's taking a break or somethin'? Using Psychic powers, especially powerful ones like mind-control, takes a lot of energy; and being just an Abra, controlling that whole pack 24/7 would be nearly impossible..."

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast