Cascadia - Page 12
Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Cascadia

Default Re: Cascadia

Quote Originally Posted by kaisap112 View Post
    Rest of updates coming soon, very soon!
    Crater Island

Iridi Beach

Meetan: Torchic speeds up with Agility, rushing at Grace. “Grace, use Pound twice!” Daisy seems as eager as you to end the match, though it’s not clear if it’s to get the battle to fit within the program or something else. Grace, in her tiny state, raises her hand to a Pound – which loses miserably in comparison to your Torchic’s Night Slash. The tiny Clefairy flies through the air on impact with a loud squeal…right before she explodes into normal size and falls by Daisy’s feet, knocked out. Duplica raises her hand. “Grace has been knocked out! The winner is Torchic!” The two Ditto by her side transform into two Torchic, jumping up and down happily. Torchic gains one level!

Daisy calls Grace back into her Pokéball before stepping up to you with an extended hand. “Wow, Alice, that was a good match! Congratulations!” You thank her and shake her hand with a smile. Daisy turns to the camera. “And with that great show of new talent, we’ll wrap up today’s episode! Join us again tomorrow with more Daisy’s Daily Delight!” Everyone waves to the camera until the cameraman gives a thumbs up and turns the camera off. The young host comes over to you, spraying your Torchic with what looks like a Full Restore, restoring your friend to full health. “Here you go, buddy! Thank you so much for this, guys. You can expect to see yourselves on TV a bit later today. We’ve got to get going, we have to be at Salin City by tomorrow and it’s no short trip.” She laughs before waving goodbye. “I look forward to seeing you again, Alice!” As you wave back, Duplica taps you on the shoulder.

“Ditto to that, no pun intended, it was a great match! We have to go handle some business, posters and what-not, for the show, so I can’t hang around, but you should go have fun. See you around!” Duplica gathers her Ditto-companions in her arms and runs off. She seemed to be in a hurry. With your TV-debut now in the bag, you’ve got the rest of the day ahead of you.

What will you do?
    Alice watched as Clefairy regrew, tumbling at Daisy's feet. It was a perfect, close win. They had recovered wonderfully, and by the looks of it, Torchic had grown from the experience. He hopped over his trainer, puffing out his chest proudly as he was wont to do, and she scooped him up. "Who's my favourite firey Pokemon in the whole world? Yes, it's you!" She cooed sweetly, nuzzling him, uncaring for the cameras that recorded their gooey moment. On queue, she shook hands with Daisy and thanked the crew before they shot away, doing the same with Duplica. Pichu waved after them, trying to paw at Torchic, who was back to his best thanks to the Full Restore.

"Now what to do...?" She asked, looking around. A few spectators still lurked, probably impressed by the most amazing rookie before them (or at least, that's what Alice's inflated ego assumed). Torchic chirped as if pondering, too. "That one trainer mentioned some Staryu that gather at Irdi Beach around this time. At night, I think? I definitely want to find out about it. Thanks for the help, dude. I'll let you rest while we get the boring stuff done, yeah?" Kissing him gently on the beak, she returned her Pokemon to his Love Ball, heading back to the cafe with Pichu on her little shoulder. There'd probably be people there who knew the area well, so it was time to gain some local knowledge before going on the epic quest of Staryu. It sounded like a big thing, so it'd be best to try and get a head start.

Ruin Island

Amor Temple

OkikuMew: Max gets right to improving his position with Howl, raising his stats to equal levels with the wild Poochyena. The latter is not too impressed, jumping at Max bearing his fangs in a Bite. Two Poochyena engage in intense combat as their fangs clash together – Max’s Ice Fang shines a bright blue, causing small crystals of ice to form between the two canines. The wild Poochyena and Max both crunch down on the ice to get their mouths in proper working order again. Your partner is close enough to Poochyena to slam him with Rock Smash that pushes the wild canine back, lessening the damage, which was already fairly low thanks to Poochyenas being soft and fluffy – but as Max’s trainer you’re probably already familiar with this quality, handy for warming a cold bunk during an adventure. The wild Poochyena’s not happy about being on even grounds with Max, throwing a Sand-Attack at his face right before sinking his fangs into Max’s tail with another Bite, causing Max to howl in pain.

What will you do?
    Still being on the same state of mind as I am, Max follows more or less my plan: he starts it off with a nice Howl to even things up. The other poochyena however have other ideas in mind, so he bites him. Each other's fangs cross in the fight, Max seeing it as the perfect opportunity to turn his fangs into ice, blocking the wild Pokémon's attacks at the expense of staggering his own for a moment. After both recovers from the chilly move, Max Rock Smashes him, but mearly only push him back, to my surprise and I thought the move would be pretty effective. Not amused, the opponent throws sand at Max then crunches his teeth into his tail, whimpering in effect.

"...This doesn't look good," I mutter with my teeth clinched, "seems the other one have the upper hand right now... But we can't put up the white flag now. We still have the chance to impress him enough to make him give up, or something."

So, lesson learned: Rock Smashes at this guy isn't as advantageous as I thought. A Roar would've normally be a good idea at this point, but that would only scare them away, not to mention it would probably considered as a cowardly move (even though Sand-Attack is a move a bit below the belt too). So Max's only choice is to continue the "Poochy see, Poochy do" game, to an extent: Sleuth his Odor out so the sand in his eyes doesn't affect him as much (he'll be able to aim by scent instead of sight), get his tail free by tackling him against something, and finally, give back to him his own, sand-filled medicine.
    Last edited by OkikuMew; 2nd October 2012 at 11:37 AM. Reason: Only noticed now that I have a typo undetectable by the spell check >.<

Rest of updates coming soon, very soon!

Venom Island

Bane Forest

blazeVA: As humorous as the sight of you and Surgei trying to tip-toe your way around the giant pile of toxic waste on legs, known as Garbodor, is, you both are beginning to fear for your lives. You try your best to be sneaky as Purrloins in your task while Garbodor stomps away, seeming to be searching for something. It turns your way, but despite it not being able to see you, you and your Yanmega hold your breaths. What feels like an eternity but is actually a few seconds pass until Garbodor turns around again, allowing you two to sneak behind some trees and bushes. Suddenly, a Trubbish runs up to his evolution, like a small child running to his parent, eagerly trying to get his attention. When Garbodor bothers to look down, Trubbish waves its hands and squeaks for a bit before taking off – with Garbodor stomping slowly after him. As soon as the stomping goes far away enough for you to hear again, there is a distressed squeal: Lemon Drop! It’s coming from the direction the stinky duo is going toward. This could be dangerous, so having all the help you can get might be in your best interest in case you run into some serious trouble…though time is still of essence. Hades could be of use, but…Hades and his attitude. You look at Surgei deep in thought before whispering for his opinion on the matter.

What will you do?

Blaze had thought it was probably kind of funny that he and Surgei were trying to tiptoe their way around the gigantic Garbodor, Metal Gear Solid references aside and all, and look back. Blaze knew that if he were found, the entire mission would in jeopardy. Thankfully, though, the Garbodor doesn't seem to notice either Blaze or Surgei, stomping around as it looked like it was trying to find something. 'Phew, it seems like we might be safe after all.' The Garbodor turns around, and looks right in the direction of Blaze and Surgei. He could not see them, but none the less, he made sure that he didn't even breath, it would be too risky to make any sort of noise at the moment. After a few seconds, which seemed to be like an eternity, the Garbodor turns around again, allowing Blaze to make a break for it and get behind a tree, safe. Surgei quickly followed. Blaze looks back, and see a little Trubbish running up to the giant Garbodor, kinda of like how a child would run up to a parent when he wanted to show them something. The Garbodor looks down, and Blaze held his breath in again, afraid that the little Trubbish had seen them as was warning the Garbodor. But, it didn't. The Trubbish waves its hand in a different direction and makes a squeaking noise before running off in a different direction, with the Garbodor stomping after him. 'Hmmm.....it seems that the Trubbish and the Garbodor are somehow related. The Trubbish search for trash, which they give to the Garbodor maybe? Like some sort of offering? Is this the beginning of a Pokereligion?' The stomping gets quieter and quieter as the Garbodor stomps away, and it is soon quiet enough to hear again. "SQUEEEEEEEEE!" Blaze heard a distressing squeal, and was able to tell that squeal from anywhere, it was the same squeal that Lemon Drop would make if she saw a Ghost Pokemon. 'Except this time, it could be that giant Garbodor!' The sound is coming from the direction the duo was moving towards, which makes Blaze even more worried. 'This is going to be dangerous, so, we are going to need all the help we can get.

Blaze's first thought was Hades, his natural resistance to poison as well as his ability to go invisible would make him perfect for this, but Hades was being a jackass at the moment, so that was out of the question. Blaze wondered where he could be right now, but soon forgot about it, he needed to stay focused. He had Surgei, but his only STAB was resisted by Poison types, and Ancientpower would be situational at best here in the swamp. That left only one more Pokemon. Blaze grabbed a Pokeball from his waist, and threw it up into the air. The Pokeball opened in a bright display of light, and out came Marche, his trusty Geodude. He had a resistance to Poison, plus, a powerful Stone Edge backed up by a Hard Rock. "Yeah, Blaze, what is it? And where are we?" "We are in the Bane Forest, and Lemon Drop was taken by a Trubbish. I think they collect garbage for offerings to a giant Garbodor, and she was stuck inside of a metal can. I don't know what the Garbodor is going to do, but we need to act fast." 'Oh my God Blaze, what have you gotten yourself into this time?" "A rotten can of worms. Actually, I think I may have. Eww." Blaze looked at both Surgei and Marche, and thought of a plan. "Surgei, you can carry me on your back, I know you can. Marche can float, so, we will take to the skies. It will be faster than on foot. Then, hopefully, we can swoop in and grab Lemon Drop before she gets hurt. Hopefully, it is just the two of them...."

UPNetwork

Hey everyone!

Just wanted to let you know that I've been appointed ZA here at Cascadia. I'll mostly be taking on people who were left without an updater, and I'll be capping myself at 7 adventures. Those will be the following:

• Stark
    • Hayward
    • PikaGod
    • kaisap112
    • Arc_Angel & lilbluecorsola (joint adventure)
    • empoleon_dynamite (when he confirms he wants to continue, otherwise open slot)
    • hen da man

I won't start updating regularly just yet, because I have an important exam in little over a month, but expect things to pick up afterwards. Two things of note: I do not like rapid fire and won't be doing it for the most part; and I'd prefer if you could be a little descriptive in your posts, so I can get a feel of what your characters are like, but to each his own style. And remember, the more effort in your replies, the better the potential rewards.

So, like I said, it'll take a while before things pick up their pace, but expect a batch of updates not too far from now. Thanks :)

Okay, so here’s the first batch, minus empoleon_dynamite’s from whom I’m still waiting confirmation. I apologize in advance: most of these aren’t so great, and the style is still rough around the edges, but I sincerely hope to improve overtime. I didn’t know what the original updaters had in mind before I picked up your adventures, but hopefully I can shape them into something worthwhile for you. Also, if you notice a lack of adjectives or shallow descriptions, blame’s on me for not speaking English as my first language and thus lacking vocabulary.
    With all that out of the way, here they are! Any issues you have with how I handle characters or plots, feel free to PM me – actually, I encourage you to.

Aduro Island

Geyser Park

Hayward: You try to take the adult approach here and be way more civil with the man than he apparently deserves. Helping him to his feet, you give him an inquisitive look, waiting for him to explain what the hell this has been all about – the accusations, the battle, the brawling attempt…

The cave falls in complete silence. After the quake, the earth seems to have had its fill of agitation for now; regardless, in such a geologically active environment, spending too long inside a cavern is probably not the best idea – you were lucky no rocks hit you this time, but Aduro Island has a very fickle behaviour, almost a mind of its own.

The mysterious man forcefully breaks away from you, looking dejected for needing your assistance to get up. His hands are trembling with fury, but it’s clear he’s doing his best to keep it in check. His eagerness to attack you clearly came from a strong belief, not simply a random violent impulse. Finally finding the guts to face you, but obviously not convinced of your innocence (whatever the crime he’s charging you with), the older man speaks:

- So, you won’t dispose of me? What now, you make me work for you or you’ll unleash your Kingler on me? Will you break my legs and make me crawl back to the village as a message? Trust me, I’ve seen all your methods! But believe me, someday, someone will stand up to you and destroy your poor excuse of an “organization”!

He spits at your feet, in a clear act of defiance, his eyes now staring into yours without blinking.

- Decades ago, you were something. Team Aqua was truly a force to be reckoned with, and we had a reason to fear you! Since the very first day you’ve tried to take over this island, silence the last of the active volcanoes in Cascadia! But you don’t scare anyone anymore. Not this poor imitation of a once dangerous Team! You come into our island, steal and control the wild Pokémon to do your bidding and now you turn to the humans too?!

If it wasn’t painfully obvious before, it is now. The man seems to be a native of Aduro Island, and there is now reason to fear that the little Teddiursa’s companion might not have been lost at all, but poached by a group that is seemingly trying to emulate the Team Aqua of old!

Before you can even reply to all this, a loud rumbling sound is heard, and much like earlier, the tunnels begin to shake in what seems to be the premonition of another strong earthquake! A large rock falls right next to you from the ceiling, breaking into several smaller fragments and leaving a crack on the ground. A few inches to the side and the worst could have happened! Seeing a brief window of opportunity, the man darts forward, scoops the Teddiursa in his arms and sprints past you, back the way you came, no doubt hoping to make it out before another landslide and, in his mind, rescue the small cub from your devious clutches. Wrong as he may be about who you are and your intentions, there is no doubt that staying here any longer could be very hazardous… especially as another large boulder falls near you, and yet another! The place is collapsing!

What do you do?

Ruin Island

Amor Temple

Stark: The Amor Temple is one of the main hallmarks of Ruin Island. The structure stands imposing, even if unattended, among the wild vegetation. For such an important landmark of Cascadia, the apparent absence of any other humans is decidedly awkward.

You decided to come to Ruin Island in hopes of reigniting that old drive that all trainers once have – be the absolute best. A goal often forgotten along the years, as most tend to settle for a peaceful life alongside their Pokemon companions, content with living a regular, uneventful life. Not you though, as the call for adventure once again stirred inside you and lead you all the way to the distant archipelago of Cascadia.

Being fond of history, and easily awed by the old architectural wonders, you chose the Amor Temple as the starting point of your new journey, and so far you haven’t regretted it one bit. Although the lack of people can be disheartening to many, you brave forward, accompanied by Aurora and Twilight, two young Eevee who are equally delighted with this new beginning.

As you walk inside the main hall, You look around, gazing at the elaborate works of art within. If the entrance had marveled you, then you could get lost in wonder for ages inside the Temple. The entrance hall sprawled in front of you, multiple large stone pillars symmetrically placed over several feet on both sides of the room. The stone had been sculpted to make the pillars resemble coiling Gyarados, with each head turning to face the one directly in front of it at the top of each structure. They were remarkably well preserved, too – for such an ancient building, everything seemed to have survived over centuries with little to no degradation, disregarding the vines that had grown in several spots overtime.

As you make your way across the large area, you realize that the wall on the far end has two doors: one on the left side and one on the right. Between them, huge and imposing, was a statue of Regirock, Legendary Golem of Stone. The vegetation that had wrapped around it, covering several of the carefully-sculpted carvings with small branches, made the statue an even more impressive sight, as if the titan had become part of the surrounding nature itself, yet remained unshaken by its intrusion.

You had a choice to make now, and a blind one – left or right? For all you knew, it could be like a maze inside… But as you tried to recall those basic maze-survival tips you’d read about on fantasy books, an eerie sound echoed loudly through the air, resonating on the walls around you in unnerving fashion.
    Before you could pinpoint the source of the sound, a fine stream of sand began seeping slowly from one the stone Gyarados’s mouth… Not long after, that delicate flow of sand transformed into a full-force gale, as a Sandstorm blew through the hall! Finally, from inside the sculpture’s mouth emerged a Baltoy, floating slowly and ominously through the air and stopping a few feet away from you…

Running away might be an option, as the enemy might be too dangerous for your young Eevee companions; on the other hand, the Baltoy could very well give chase, and without knowing the Temple’s layout or its potential traps, it could be a risk to just carelessly run inside...

What will you do?

Lily Island

The Red Forest

PikaGod: ”SCREW THAT, JUST RUN!!”

You understandably sought to gain some more information on the possible threat that was looming near. But the man – the strange, terrified man – wouldn’t have any of that, all he cared about was running away to whatever it was that he was headed before he ran into you. And could you blame him? The very ground is shaking with the approach of this horror, and the poor guy had to watch as it wiped out his entire team and was now after the man himself.

Grabbing you by the arm, he forcefully pulls you and resumes running; without much of a choice, you decide to keep up and head for the shelter – there’d be time for words later. Paine reluctantly accompanied, as the three of you dash out of the monster’s path and into the safety of a nearby cave.

As you run, you realize you didn’t have to exert yourself too much to keep up with the crazy man; as you look at him more carefully, you realize he is very skinny and carrying a very heavy-looking backpack. The thick glasses resting on his nose keep threatening to fall down with each step, and the lenses are covered with tiny drops of sweat. Clearly not the most athletic of men, which begs the question of why he decided to venture into this kind of place by himself, lacking the minimum required physical conditioning.

After a while of running from the invisible threat, you apparently reach your destination, as you reach a large opening on the base of a cliff and an air of relief washes over the man’s face. Visibly exhausted, he arcs his body forward with his hands on his knees, gasping for air and drenched in sweat. The earth-shaking footsteps are now far behind, and both you and your new acquaintance sit down on the floor to give the legs a rest.

- I… I’m sorry… I’m so sorry I dragged you into this… - he begins, still panting – but you see, the creature… it was coming for me! I… I had to leave my fainted Pokemon behind, I don’t... I don’t even know what it did to them! But we had to run, or it’d get us too...

Reaching for a canteen in his backpack, he gulps down its contents to the last drop, before suddenly looking your way with an expression of guilt for forgetting to offer.

- Sorry! I… I should have shared… I’m sorry, I’m just a little shaken.. no, shaken to the core! My name is Ivan Stone. You… might have heard of me? If not me, then certainly my elder brother Steven…

Did he mean… Steven Stone? The former Hoenn Region Champion? You don’t remember a sibling ever being mentioned in any relevant media outlet… but maybe this is one of those cases where the least important brother stands in the shadow of the phenomenon. This fellow didn't seem too good in social situations anyway, so maybe it was for the best.

- While my brother takes an interest in gemstones, I favour the study of fossils. I’d come to this forest hoping to find undisturbed remnants of ages past, hence why I ventured so deep… But, but, get this! I did find something!!

The man rises back to his feet and looks excited, seemingly forgetting most of the woes he had just gone through – losing his Pokemon, nearly dying in the forest at the hands of a yet-unrevealed creature… Whatever he found had to be pretty important to him.

While you look at Ivan with your interested peaked, waiting for him to divulge his big discovery, Paine nudges your arm with a sense of urgency. Turning to the entrance, you lock eyes with… a monstrous Aggron.

- Wanna know what I found? A prey.

Horrified, it all dawns on you. This was a set-up all along! As the Aggron makes his way inside the cave – was it the one causing the Earthquakes before? -, it becomes increasingly evident that the only way out now is fighting.

What do you do?

The Silver Forest

hen da man: It’d been a while since you ventured into the outside world, and your place of choice had been the Silver Forest of Lily Island, in the far away archipelago of Cascadia. While it is generally recommended that trainers don’t wander off into uncharted grounds by themselves, and always carrying strong Pokémon if they do, you decide to go against the norm and brave the deep woods with nobody but your young teammates. It’s a risk to be sure, as there is no telling what lies ahead in such a dense forest, but you rely on Blaze, Jeremy and Vladimir to pull you through.

After more or less an hour of walking without any particular destination, simply taking in the scenery, the beauty of the silver leaves and the fresh air of the wilderness, you decide perhaps it’s best to take a break; accustomed as he may be to what is essentially his native environment, the young Jeremy is feeling the effects of the long stroll.
    Spotting a particularly large tree, you sit under its shade, leaning against the trunk, as does the Heracross. The Silver Forest really is a natural wonder; it’s still daytime, and the rays of sun are shining through the foliage, granting the surroundings a unique lighting. You had heard about how mostly Bug and Flying-types inhabited this area, and sure enough, the chirping of birds could be heard clearly, a soothing mix of melodic cries and stronger ones filling the woods with life.

So tranquil is the atmosphere that you slowly find yourself growing sleepy, the warm temperature and pleasant scent in the air inviting you to a quick nap, an odd feeling of abandon washes over you as a lovely perfume lulls into a deep slumber.. Wait, perfume?... Is this… Sleep… Pow… d?.....

--

Noise. A human voice… Something grabs you from your dream and drags you back to reality. Your eyes take a while to adjust to the luminosity, then start to focus on a face close to yours. A young woman with a serious, albeit beautiful expression urges you to wake up. Her skin is tanned, the eyes are a deep green and her brown hair is caught in a ponytail. She wears a tribal earrings and necklace, but regular clothes otherwise. A white shirt covered in dirt stains and the sleeves rolled up to the elbows, old, worn jeans and thick leather boots. Strapped to her belt is a hunting knife, and flying slightly above her head is a Butterfree.

- Come on, wake up intruder! Speak, who are you? What do you seek from the Silver Forest? Are you a poacher, or another man looking to steal our water? Speak!

She kicks you in the gut lightly, but with enough force to make you gasp for air. Clearly she thinks you’re up to no good, and by her interrogation it seems she is a local. How could you let her capture you without hearing a thing? No doubt the Butterfree had put you to sleep while she remained hiding… Wait, where’s Jeremy? He was with you, where was he now?!

Concerned, you frantically look around trying to get a glimpse of your Heracross. And fortunately, he is not far away, still leaning against a trunk and in sleeping soundly. His paws had been tied together with a very thick rope, but the beetle remained completely unaware of the situation.

What do you do?

Crater Island

Iridi Beach

kaisap112: The aggressive, commanding tone of the woman got to you. Rather than wait and watch from a concealed position, emotion overwhelms you and makes come out of your hiding place to confront the person face-to-face. Being the dedicated partner that she is, Kitty stood ready to defend you from what may come, but there’s no denying that jumping head-first into a problem is not always a great idea.

Visibly upset for being interrupted, the woman turns around slowly. You take the time to gaze at her more attentively, and realize she is no ordinary lady. Even though it’s dark by now, you can still ascertain that she must be in her sixties; her hair, however, is dyed beach-blonde and elegantly curled. Her attire is woefully inappropriate to wear on such a place, but elaborate no-less: a long pink dress with glass beads embroidered to form abstract patterns, and silver-colored high heels that made absolutely no sense to wear on sand. Out-of-place as it is, there’s no doubt this lady has a well-defined sense of style.

She throws you an inquisitive look, her expression changing to one of disinterest after realizing who called her out – a little girl with a little cat. Turning her back to the cave and the Poliwag within, she calmly walks in your direction, largely ignoring your Skitty’s attempts at intimidation. The gait is slow and elegant, and you get the distinct impression she swings her hips a little too much to be natural. Stopping a few inches from you, she lets out a small chuckle, filled with contempt.

- Look what we have here. What happened sweetheart, can’t find your mommy? It’s dangerous to wander off like that, especially at such an hour… You never know what dangers you might run into!

She gently pushes Kitty aside with a foot, looking disgusted.

- Do take that filthy animal off of me, honey. And in all seriousness now… You shouldn’t be poking your nose into other people’s business. There are two things a silly little girl like you needs to know about life: don’t mess with your elders, and heroes don’t always win.

She turned to face the cave one more time.

- The Pokémon inside belong to me. I am no common poacher, I am a certified trainer, and what I do with my property is my own business, dear. That large Poliwag is simply a troublemaker who gets its kicks out of misguiding the smaller ones, always the rebel. But I have never failed to properly discipline my creatures, and this time will be no exception. Now, run along you snotty brat, this doesn’t concern you!

The woman brushed you off like you are little more than an annoyance; in part she’s right, this is really none of your business. Not only that, her confident demeanour may hide a fearsome opponent if you continue to stand in her way, and your Pokémon aren’t particularly strong at this point. On the other hand, there is no telling what lengths she will go to in order to “discipline her creatures”, and deep inside that bothers you immensely…

What will you do now?

Brine Island

Salin City

Arc_Angel & lilbluecorsola: It had started off with a “Boo!”, the reunion between the two very accomplished, yet particularly introvert trainers. Not that you were strangers to one another at all; the two of you did go back, but always in a cordial relationship between little more than acquaintances. Be that as it may, a mutual respect had grown between you, and the feeling that somehow you could end up becoming good friends had been enough to schedule a get-together. After a somewhat slow start, both of you finding yourselves at a loss for words or topic, the conversation soon picked up and both you and your young companions managed to have a great time – in fact, before you knew it, the sun was setting and, beautiful as it was, dusk was signaling the end of a perfect day. Or rather, what could have been a perfect day.

As Kristen and Dwemer indulged themselves in artistic, creative activities, both of you are forcefully pulled away from your twilight musings by a sudden commotion not far from where you stand.

As human nature dictates, people take great interest in the misfortunes of others, and sure enough, as a number of people flee in panic, seemingly running away from a large apartment building down the street, a much larger crowd eagerly makes its way toward it. Not long after, sirens are heard, and a number of police cars arrive on the scene, soon followed by an ambulance and a fire truck. On closer inspection, one of the police cars had a large “P.O.L.T.” written on the hood and the doors. Public Order League Trainers, a department dedicated specifically to handling Pokémon-related incidents on the streets.

Before you can decide what to do, the noise and agitation begin to stir long-forgotten (or rather, repressed) memories from that fateful day… The Hero’s Festival, commemorating the eighty years of the legendary Connor’s glorious victory over a terrifying monster. The day that very same monster awoke and wreaked havoc on the festivities, destroying the parade and sending thousands into a panicking rampage. Many people had been injured in the blast and the following commotion, several were reported dead in the coming weeks; both of you had been there to witness the tragedy, and the terrifying feeling of almost losing Atzu the Azumarill sends Jenn into a temporary state of shock, reliving the moment in her head.

Stacey manages to keep her composure despite being brought back to that same date, and takes it upon herself to snap the younger Jess out of it and back to the present. Reassuring one another that the fatidic day was now long behind them, you decide to go investigate the scene, wondering what disaster might have happened that would require mobilizing that many agents.

Kristen and Dwemer follow you closely, having calmed down themselves, and the four of you dive into the curious crowd, pushing a number of people out of the way to get a closer look. After a while of shoving, pulling and hearing insults, you make it to the front of the mob, only to find that the police has already set a perimeter around the building. Orange flames dance from the windows of the first floor – the entire first floor – of the 10-stories-high structure. Firemen hastily carry people from inside on stretchers; police officers talk loudly on their intercoms; medical personnel tends to a number of wounded men and women. Fortunately (was it?), there are no children in sight.

As you look at the scene in horror, someone right next to you breaks out in tears.

- Anya, NO!! Someone do something, she hasn’t been carried outside yet, she’s still in there!!! Why is nobody looking for her?!

It’s a young woman, no older than twenty. She is of short stature, with waist-long, beautiful blonde hair and pale skin. She wears a white sleeveless dress that reaches her knees, with a simple red pattern around the bottom.

A visibly annoyed officer approaches the barricade and places a hand over the woman’s shoulders.

- Look miss, we’ve told you there are no mortal victims and we just finished stretching out the last occupants on the floor! There was no one inside by the name of Anya as far as we can attest. Wherever your little sister is, she ain’t here! – he sighed; it was obvious he’d had this discussion with her before – Look, you girls, can I ask you a favour? Take her somewhere away from here, she’s disrupting the operation… See if you can calm her down, I’ve told her countless times her sister isn’t among the victims!

Clearly, the police officer has no idea how accomplished you two are as Trainers. Perhaps if he allowed you to take part in the procedures you could be of some help… On the other hand, the young woman is clearly very unstable right now and in dire need of some friendly company, although that means stepping away from the scene.

What will you do?
    Last edited by MarbleZone; 28th October 2012 at 04:58 PM.

~¤Sea Priestess¤~ lilbluecorsola's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarbleZone View Post
    Okay, so here’s the first batch, minus empoleon_dynamite’s from whom I’m still waiting confirmation. I apologize in advance: most of these aren’t so great, and the style is still rough around the edges, but I sincerely hope to improve overtime. I didn’t know what the original updaters had in mind before I picked up your adventures, but hopefully I can shape them into something worthwhile for you. Also, if you notice a lack of adjectives or shallow descriptions, blame’s on me for not speaking English as my first language and thus lacking vocabulary.
    With all that out of the way, here they are! Any issues you have with how I handle characters or plots, feel free to PM me – actually, I encourage you to.

Brine Island

Salin City

Arc_Angel & lilbluecorsola: It had started off with a “Boo!”, the reunion between the two very accomplished, yet particularly introvert trainers. Not that you were strangers to one another at all; the two of you did go back, but always in a cordial relationship between little more than acquaintances. Be that as it may, a mutual respect had grown between you, and the feeling that somehow you could end up becoming good friends had been enough to schedule a get-together. After a somewhat slow start, both of you finding yourselves at a loss for words or topic, the conversation soon picked up and both you and your young companions managed to have a great time – in fact, before you knew it, the sun was setting and, beautiful as it was, dusk was signaling the end of a perfect day. Or rather, what could have been a perfect day.

As Kristen and Dwemer indulged themselves in artistic, creative activities, both of you are forcefully pulled away from your twilight musings by a sudden commotion not far from where you stand.

As human nature dictates, people take great interest in the misfortunes of others, and sure enough, as a number of people flee in panic, seemingly running away from a large apartment building down the street, a much larger crowd eagerly makes its way toward it. Not long after, sirens are heard, and a number of police cars arrive on the scene, soon followed by an ambulance and a fire truck. On closer inspection, one of the police cars had a large “P.O.L.T.” written on the hood and the doors. Public Order League Trainers, a department dedicated specifically to handling Pokémon-related incidents on the streets.

Before you can decide what to do, the noise and agitation begin to stir long-forgotten (or rather, repressed) memories from that fateful day… The Hero’s Festival, commemorating the eighty years of the legendary Connor’s glorious victory over a terrifying monster. The day that very same monster awoke and wreaked havoc on the festivities, destroying the parade and sending thousands into a panicking rampage. Many people had been injured in the blast and the following commotion, several were reported dead in the coming weeks; both of you had been there to witness the tragedy, and the terrifying feeling of almost losing Atzu the Azumarill sends Jenn into a temporary state of shock, reliving the moment in her head.

Stacey manages to keep her composure despite being brought back to that same date, and takes it upon herself to snap the younger Jenn out of it and back to the present. Reassuring one another that the fatidic day was now long behind them, you decide to go investigate the scene, wondering what disaster might have happened that would require mobilizing that many agents.

Kristen and Dwemer follow you closely, having calmed down themselves, and the four of you dive into the curious crowd, pushing a number of people out of the way to get a closer look. After a while of shoving, pulling and hearing insults, you make it to the front of the mob, only to find that the police has already set a perimeter around the building. Orange flames dance from the windows of the first floor – the entire first floor – of the 10-stories-high structure. Firemen hastily carry people from inside on stretchers; police officers talk loudly on their intercoms; medical personnel tends to a number of wounded men and women. Fortunately (was it?), there are no children in sight.

As you look at the scene in horror, someone right next to you breaks out in tears.

- Anya, NO!! Someone do something, she hasn’t been carried outside yet, she’s still in there!!! Why is nobody looking for her?!

It’s a young woman, no older than twenty. She is of short stature, with waist-long, beautiful blonde hair and pale skin. She wears a white sleeveless dress that reaches her knees, with a simple red pattern around the bottom.

A visibly annoyed officer approaches the barricade and places a hand over the woman’s shoulders.

- Look miss, we’ve told you there are no mortal victims and we just finished stretching out the last occupants on the floor! There was no one inside by the name of Anya as far as we can attest. Wherever your little sister is, she ain’t here! – he sighed; it was obvious he’d had this discussion with her before – Look, you girls, can I ask you a favour? Take her somewhere away from here, she’s disrupting the operation… See if you can calm her down, I’ve told her countless times her sister isn’t among the victims!

Clearly, the police officer has no idea how accomplished you two are as Trainers. Perhaps if he allowed you to take part in the procedures you could be of some help… On the other hand, the young woman is clearly very unstable right now and in dire need of some friendly company, although that means stepping away from the scene.

What will you do?
    OoC – Thanks for picking us up, MZ! The Update’s great. =) (Though for future reference, my character’s name is Jess. XP) Apologies for some slight self-Updating btw regarding the woman and officer. ^^; Just wanted to move the conversation quickly along in a way that made sense.

The smell of smoke reached the two trainers before the sight of flames, claiming the entirety of a building’s first floor. Though the red rose no higher than that, the columns of grey climbed gleefully up the sides of the structure, expanding over the crowd that had gathered to witness destruction despite danger. Jess was one of them. Why?

“Smells like… BBQ.”

The words were barely a whisper, but Stacey must have heard them. Jessica blushed, turning away since she couldn’t be sure and did not wish to find out, to confront the judgment over another careless comment, another mindless mistake she’d made. It wasn’t her fault. It was simply the robotic repetition of the memory in her mind, but not the same scene as before. This time inspired from when she last visited the Mansion. (Jess had never met the master in person while there, and it was debatable doubtful whether Stacey had full knowledge of her home’s inner workings, or for that matter the ghosts housed within. The Mansion itself did seem to have a mind of its own.) Sensations surfaced. There was wind, haze, daze, heat, and glass. A pair of Golbat, and a Gengar…

She gripped her arm, growing cold again despite the temperature. This was bad. She couldn’t breathe, and not because of the fog. Shaking her head, she forced herself to stare directly at the terrible scene of men and women being carried out on stretchers, their bodies streaked with burns, flesh fading. At least there were no children. Stacey’s face floated in her periphery, but fortunately from this angle, she still could not tell the woman’s expression.

However, a scream erupted from her other side instead, startling Jess out of her trance. Another woman next to her burst into tears.

“Anya, NO!! Someone do something, she hasn’t been carried outside yet, she’s still in there!!! Why is nobody looking for her?!”

An officer approached the woman in white. His insignia flashed in reflection of the flare, proudly reading “P.O.L.T.” A quick glance at the car behind him confirmed it stood for “Public Order League Trainers”. A few people nearby murmured that if the P.O.L.T. were here, that meant it must be a Pokémon-related incident.

He clasped the woman’s shoulders and told her not too mildly to back off and let the authorities do their job. The woman’s sister wasn’t found in the initial search, and they wouldn’t spare another minute or man to look for her. Jessica’s eyes narrowed as she glared at the bronze badge, both it and her glower burnished by the blaze. Part of her half-hoped to burn a hole straight through it into his uniform. How could he be so high and mighty, so certain, when someone’s life might still be at stake? Even if it was too risky to return for the sake of one woman’s word, there was no need to brush her off so rudely. Though it seemed she had been insisting for a while to no avail, which may have worn down the officer’s already frazzled nerves.

Perhaps then that was why he turned to the two trainers and asked them to take care of the woman, to take her far away so she couldn’t “disrupt the operation”. Jessica frowned again at his choice of words, wondering if there was more to this “operation” than met the eye. However, she was more than willing to help someone in need, so she quietly acquiesced. Turning to Stacey, she nodded before timidly reaching for the wailing woman’s hand to lead her away. As they pushed back towards a remote corner of the crowd, Jessica could feel the rage still simmering to a boil in her heart. If she knew her own little sister were stuck inside a deathtrap and no one would believe Jess or try to assist… What would she do?

She stopped, far out of earshot of the officer, who had reassumed his duties (which seemed to mainly involve yelling over his intercom). Her eyes flickered between the burning building and the crying woman, to whom she hadn’t yet spoken a word. The woman had simply allowed herself to be led at this point, listlessly following the flow. Surrounded by a sea of people who didn’t care for her solitary pain, she seemed unable to fight. Jess was familiar with the feeling, but was herself unable to express sympathy. A pang of guilt stabbed at her for not knowing what to say in serious situations, or even in general; all she could do was stare in sorrow.

Something snapped in her soul. Into or out of place? She couldn’t tell. Slowly, she let go the woman’s hand and gazed pleadingly at Stacey. Taking a deep breath, she opened her mouth, and after a few hesitant attempts, stated the intention on her mind.

“I’m going in to look for the girl.”

Her hand clenched as she realized how stupid she must sound, but this was exactly the sort of thing she had been waiting, wanting to prove. Perhaps it was a fool’s suicide, but she had to try. Even if only to satisfy her own selfishness. Tears pricked at her eyes and she hung her head, wiping with her sleeves to hide her shame at making such a thoughtless suggestion. Bitterly she realized this display would only make her seem too weak to carry through. She refused to renege on her words though. She was tired of standing on the sidelines, and facing failure every time she tried to do some good. Maybe, just maybe this time she’d succeed…

“I-I’m not very good at dealing with people, you know. So you should stay and talk to her, please.” Ha, more like an excuse than an explanation. Either way you’re a coward. “And could you look after Kristen for me? I’ll go alone. Ah, I mean, I’ll have Atzu with me,” she babbled hastily, grasping the ball she was guarding earlier. Immediately she felt worse for dragging her Pokémon along with her plan, while at the same time trying to protect other people – in the process also imposing on the latter. Favoring new friends (not to mention a complete stranger) over the old? What a hypocrite. …But at the very least, she wanted to keep Stacey safe. It was silly, to think she could shield someone of Stacey’s stature, or even save another person in her place. She wasn’t that strong. …But she couldn’t concede to her own limitations, no matter how set in stone her fate was. Not this time.

“I’ll bring Haruki as back-up too, just in case. Please hold onto the rest of my Pokémon though, just in case something happens. But don’t worry about me, I-I’ll be fine…”

Lily Island

The Silver Forest

hen da man: It’d been a while since you ventured into the outside world, and your place of choice had been the Silver Forest of Lily Island, in the far away archipelago of Cascadia. While it is generally recommended that trainers don’t wander off into uncharted grounds by themselves, and always carrying strong Pokémon if they do, you decide to go against the norm and brave the deep woods with nobody but your young teammates. It’s a risk to be sure, as there is no telling what lies ahead in such a dense forest, but you rely on Blaze, Jeremy and Vladimir to pull you through.

After more or less an hour of walking without any particular destination, simply taking in the scenery, the beauty of the silver leaves and the fresh air of the wilderness, you decide perhaps it’s best to take a break; accustomed as he may be to what is essentially his native environment, the young Jeremy is feeling the effects of the long stroll.
    Spotting a particularly large tree, you sit under its shade, leaning against the trunk, as does the Heracross. The Silver Forest really is a natural wonder; it’s still daytime, and the rays of sun are shining through the foliage, granting the surroundings a unique lighting. You had heard about how mostly Bug and Flying-types inhabited this area, and sure enough, the chirping of birds could be heard clearly, a soothing mix of melodic cries and stronger ones filling the woods with life.

So tranquil is the atmosphere that you slowly find yourself growing sleepy, the warm temperature and pleasant scent in the air inviting you to a quick nap, an odd feeling of abandon washes over you as a lovely perfume lulls into a deep slumber.. Wait, perfume?... Is this… Sleep… Pow… d?.....

--

Noise. A human voice… Something grabs you from your dream and drags you back to reality. Your eyes take a while to adjust to the luminosity, then start to focus on a face close to yours. A young woman with a serious, albeit beautiful expression urges you to wake up. Her skin is tanned, the eyes are a deep green and her brown hair is caught in a ponytail. She wears a tribal earrings and necklace, but regular clothes otherwise. A white shirt covered in dirt stains and the sleeves rolled up to the elbows, old, worn jeans and thick leather boots. Strapped to her belt is a hunting knife, and flying slightly above her head is a Butterfree.

- Come on, wake up intruder! Speak, who are you? What do you seek from the Silver Forest? Are you a poacher, or another man looking to steal our water? Speak!

She kicks you in the gut lightly, but with enough force to make you gasp for air. Clearly she thinks you’re up to no good, and by her interrogation it seems she is a local. How could you let her capture you without hearing a thing? No doubt the Butterfree had put you to sleep while she remained hiding… Wait, where’s Jeremy? He was with you, where was he now?!

Concerned, you frantically look around trying to get a glimpse of your Heracross. And fortunately, he is not far away, still leaning against a trunk and in sleeping soundly. His paws had been tied together with a very thick rope, but the beetle remained completely unaware of the situation.

What do you do?

OOC: Great update first up MZ. Thanks for picking it up as well. :)

"I'm starting to get sleepy guys. How nice is the smell of that... beautiful..." These are the last words Henry can mutter out before snoring quite loudly.

A good while later, Henry screams out as he is awoken by a voice, yelling at him. He opens his eyes to see a tanned woman of whom doesn't look too old. What stands out is the old worn jeans and her dirty shirt. It looks like she means business and wants to know some answers.

"Come on, wake up intruder! Speak, who are you? What do you seek from the Silver Forest? Are you a poacher, or another man looking to steal our water? Speak!"

Henry only stutters in response as the woman is demanding answers and seems quite annoyed. A kick to the stomach disturbs the boy a little and he decides to speak up a bit.

"Oi! Hold up, I don't mean trouble. My name is Henry and I am not a poacher! I am just here to have some fun with my Pokémon in the forest!?" Henry is ultimately confused at the past events and realises that they must of had some problems in this forest in the past.

"Why have you tied me up? And was it you that put me to sleep?" This is when Henry starts to come to his senses and realises what was happening earlier and that Jeremy wasn't with him. He could swear that he wasn't in his Pokéball before he fell asleep anyway...

"Wait a second. What have you done with JEREMY!?" The teen looks around the area concerned and extremely worried at the prospect of already losing his Pokémon after just stepping into the forest. After a couple seconds, Henry can see Jeremy, hands tied up and resting calmly against a tree. He doesn't like the situation he is in and decides to reason with the local.

"Jeremy!" Henry screams out in relief, "are you alright man!?" The Heracross starts to awaken and looks around sleepily before looking down and seeing his hands tied up and a Butterfree in front of him. He jolts his head back a bit before looking across and seeing Henry tied up as well with a girl glaring at him. Jeremy doesn't have his usual smile and looks around worriedly before slowly nodding back at his owner. "First of all, let my Heracross go!" Henry commands the woman who looks at him with suspicion. "Then, tell me why I am tied up and let me go. After that I can answer any question you would like. But I can promise you that I have not come here for any particular reason, let alone to cause a problem." With a death stare as such he awaits a response from the woman who is still giving him the same glare. She hasn't said a word since and Henry starts to wonder what she is trying to do.

Brine Island

Salin City

Stacey manages to keep her composure despite being brought back to that same date, and takes it upon herself to snap the younger Jess out of it and back to the present. Reassuring one another that the fatidic day was now long behind them, you decide to go investigate the scene, wondering what disaster might have happened that would require mobilizing that many agents.

What will you do?
    Well done on your first set of updates, these are really good ^-^

The sirens began to fill the air with their whining tone giving a sense of panic and dread that came with any emergency situation, but to what service did they belong? Stacey had begun to pull Jess towards the noise with Dwemer tightly gripping her other hand and she slowed as she came to the edge of the park. An acrid smell of burning had begun to waft in their direction and Stacey heard Jess mumble about a BBQ and she saw the younger woman blush at the words she had not meant to convey. This was not a good kind of BBQ, this one smelt wrong, of danger and death ... she recognised the smell all too well. As they exited the park they noticed the traffic of people moving hastily in one direction, they were fleeing something ... a fire more than likely from the smell and the smoke rising into the air. An apartment building down the street they now stood had smoke billowing from its windows, there was a much larger crowd gathered around it along with emergency services. The Police and Fire Services were present and one vehicle caught Stacey's eye, it had the abreviation 'POLT' on the side and she searched her memory for the meaning behind it. Wait! She remembered that this was a section of law enforcement deployed for Pokemon related incidents. A Pokemon caused this? She felt Jess shiver beside her and knew she was having another flashback, Stacey gripped her hand even tighter to draw her back to reality and moves further towards the scene.

Stacey kept a tight grip on Dwemer's hand and Jess appeared to be just as cautious with her grip on her Snorunt as they made their way through the crowd pushing and shoving with apologies here and there to those they forced out of the way. Soon they had reached the front but there was a police barricade barring the way to the building, a wise safety precaution, they had to make sure no-one else got injured or were stupid enough to go into the burning building. People were being brought out of the building in awful states with smoke inhalation and burns as medical staff rushed to get them ready for transport to hospital, it was already too late for some who were covered in tarp, this was truly horrible.

Suddenly a woman right next to the pair screams in horror, someone close to her called Anya was still inside the building, no-one had yet to rescue her from the burning inferno. Stacey felt a pang of pain in her chest and sympathised with the woman ... she knew exactly how she felt. Suddenly she was drawn into a flashback ... she was 16 ready to start on her own journey heading back from buying supplies when those sirens filled the air, a flash of red filled the skyline and thick smoke covered everything. She had ran so hard that she had dropped her supplies on the ground, all the houses on the street were burning, her home was burning, HER FAMILY WERE BURNING! She felt fresh tears run down her cheeks as she bit back a scream, dammit! It had been so long ago that she had pushed the memory to the back of her mind. It was Team Magma that day that had killed her mother, father and brother and left her all alone, she doubted it was the case here but her grip on Dwemer's hand tightened so much he looked uncomfortable. He looked up at his trainer as she opened her eyes and the dark evil look in them scared him to his core. He tugged on her arm and her blue gaze returned as she looked down at him. She blinked and remembered where she was, yes that was long ago, time to focus. She smiled at him wiped her eyes and turned to Jess who was burning a hole through an officer who was speaking to the woman who had the outburst, he must have said something she didn't at all like. Damn her for losing focus like that!

The officer turns to the pair and asks them to look after the woman whilst he tries to continue on with his duties. Jess looked to Stacey for confirmation and she nodded, the younger woman grasping the hand of the poor thing and all 3 walking away from the scene. When they were far enough away the woman burst into fresh tears at the thought of her sister trapped in the burning building, she may already be dead. Jess had a weird look in her eye and as Stacey rubbed a comforting hand down the back of the stranger Jess suddenly spoke what she was thinking, she wanted to go in ... was she insane? Stacey turned her gaze to the young woman who was struggling with her emotions as she asked Stacey to look after the woman whilst she and her water Pokemon would try and search for Anya. Stacey felt scared that Jess was going in to an inferno on a death mission trying to prove herself when she needn't, for all they know the girl could already be dead and Jess would be joining her if she was not careful. Stacey understood why Jess wanted to do this but she was more practical and grounded and knew the risks outweighed the benefits, the officers were right ... but still, she had always been one for taking risks and the reward this time would be worth more than its weight in gold.

She let go of the sobbing woman and approached Jess before hugging her tightly and whispering in her ear so the other woman wouldn't here.

"Don't you DARE go and die on me" she hissed out as a threat, a warning for her to be careful. Sure it was a little harsh but this situation called for severity. "If you find any evidence that Anya is already dead or not there get out as soon as possible and be careful. You are worth more than a stranger's sister, I'm sorry but you are." She let go and took the offered Pokeballs and Kristen who was very reluctant to let her trainer go but she wouldn't fare well in that heat. When Jess had gone she turned to the woman.

"Jess is a great trainer, if anyone can find your sister she can. She has strong water Pokemon with her she will be able to get through the building safely enough." Stacey felt that she was trying to convince herself more than anyone else but she pulled a Pokeball from her belt. She trusted Jess (as long as she didn't space out in the middle of the building) but a little back-up wouldn't harm her. She enlarged the Rock Ball and released the Kabutops who stretched out his arms and stood tall and proud surveying the scene.

"Don't worry about Wraith, he won't harm you," she told the woman, he was a scary looking Pokemon and she'd understand if she freaked.

"Wraith, use your Rain Dance directed over that building that's burning, lets get the weather on our side. A little rain will clear the situation. A friend is over there, if she has any trouble getting in the building feel free to clear a path for her." Wraith let loose a low rumbling growl and began to make the heavens open
    FB Hellions: P.C:

Let yourself go, let the fear in you show, for we are all alone, till the cold force of death soaks us to the bone

Well, new batch is ready for those that already replied. Reviews so far have been positive, so I’m a happy newbie. :P

Also, welcome to King Ghidorah and myahoo, my newest updatees!

Finally, a quick question for Arc&lilblue: I’ve been reluctant to refer to you when you’re together as “you”, because, well, there are two of “you”. :P So in those situations I’ve resorted to using “Stacey” and “Jess”, but that makes you sound like NPCs and I’m not totally comfortable with that. Suggestions? Should I keep doing it like this?

----

Aduro Island

Geyser Park

Hayward: Look here

Ruin Island

Amor Temple

Stark: Look here

Lily Island

The Red Forest

PikaGod: Look here

The Silver Forest

hen da man: Waking up suddenly, startled and confused, you lock eyes with the woman who had hunted you down like a wild animal. Tied up in a frankly helpless predicament, you still decide to openly confront her about her actions… perhaps failing to acknowledge that you are in absolutely no position to give her lip.

Another sharp kick to the gut has you writhing in pain in gasping for air once more, as your unfriendly captor towers over you. Her Butterfree flies down and lands on the woman’s shoulder, a contrasting duo of ferociousness and cuteness. This time around, you wisely decide not to comment on that detail, and await her answers.

- Your Heracross is safe for now. He fell prey to Sapphire’s Sleep Powder just as easily as you did, which was surprising for such a supposedly powerful Pokemon. If anything, that means I don’t have to worry about your skill as an opponent.

After the verbal jab, she stops to look at you for a while. A flash of doubt crosses her eyes, maybe she believes you mean no harm after all? She looks at her Butterfree, named Sapphire, sighs and points to somewhere on her left.

- Over that way is the Diamond River, separating this Silver Forest from the Red Forest on the other side. It used to have strong currents, and its water is the lifeblood of both woods… But a terrorist group has taken control of the margins by force, and has begun erecting a dam to the north for whatever reason. That will cut the flow of the river and be disastrous to the entire island…

She falls to one knee, takes the knife from her belt and moves it to your wrists. Before cutting the ropes however, she stops and looks you dead in the eye with a serious expression.

- If you are who you say, and you truly mean no harm, then I’m afraid you’ve just been dragged into something you can’t escape from. For all intents and purposes, you are my prisoner, and if you’re not my enemy then I’ll make you my ally, whether you like it or not.

The woman retrieves a Pokéball from her belt, hurls it in the air and from it emerges a large, fierce-looking Mightyena. It immediately growls at the smell of an unfamiliar trainer, clearly not fond of strangers.

- Zwart will make sure you don’t try to escape. If you do, quite simply, he will hunt you down and kill you. Now… - she finally cuts the ropes that bound your arms and legs, setting you free; somewhat free, anyway – Stand up.

She backs away from you a few steps and cuts loose your Heracross as well, not particularly concerned about a potential escape from your part – she probably meant that about the killer Mightyena, who still hasn’t stopped growling at your scent.

- My name is Rinn. Your name doesn’t matter to me as much as your actual combat prowess; if you’re going to help me drive away the terrorists at the river, and believe me, you are, I need to make sure you can at least stand on your own in battle. I’ll use my Butterfree and allow you to attempt revenge for the embarrassing way you fell to her Sleep Powder earlier. – she added with a smirk.

Running away doesn’t seem doable; Zwart, Rinn’s Mightyena, looks very much capable of killing a grown man. As of now, it seems your only option is to play along and battle the woman, but you might try to luck out a quick getaway… though, where would you go from here, or even how far would you manage to get?

What will you do?

King Ghidorah: It was probably the hunger and hurt pride that made you come up with such an unorthodox plan. Your Pokemon’s look of doubt in your capabilities as a trainer and provider of lunch had clearly touched a nerve, and you decided to dart off after the flock of villainous Pidove.

After a while of trying to keep up with the birds, you finally feel you’re in a good position to reach and stop them. At first, hurling your Pokemon at them seemed like a pretty good idea – leverage and altitude would be the best way to reach the Flying-Types and attack them, but on second thought… that was a really big Kingler. Before you can reformulate your plan, the Pincer Pokémon follows through on its own; after Hardening its shell, Kingler unleashes a strong gale of Icy Wind with enough force to blast most of the flock, as several Pidove fall to the ground in pain. The one that stole your sandwich though, and had taken the front spot in the aerial formation, managed to evade the attack and was turning back around to boldly strike the much larger crab. Unfazed, Kingler releases a glowing ball of energy in the shape of AncientPower straight at the incoming bird. Before it makes contact though, a larger, green bird materializes half-way between the attack and its intended target, and forms a light barrier that effortlessly repels the blast.

Startled, the previously-gutsy Pidove drops the sandwich to the ground and flies off, as do the others that had recovered from the assault in the meantime. Slowly floating towards the ground, what you now recognize as a Xatu lands elegantly in front of your Kingler, with a passive, unreadable expression. Your Pokemon snaps its larger pincer, expecting confrontation, but before you can even react someone grabs your shoulder from behind.

- Hey man, chill… Why the hate?

You turn around to face a very strange-looking man. Tall, slightly chubby, with shoulder-length brown hair and a thick beard covering his face; he has to be no more than 30 years old, and wears an unbuttoned plain red flannel shirt with a white t-shirt underneath, knee-long white shorts and flip-flops. A straw hat on his head complements the weird choice of attire to grant the man a very disturbing look, especially considering his awkward grin as he gazes at you.

- Bird’s gotta eat man, it’s the way of nature! Poor dove just lookin’ out for the flock, y’know? You can always get ‘nother sammich. Now, I don’ like violence in such a quiet place… Why don’ we introduce ourselves, my brother? – He extends a large hand and his smile widens – Name’s Jeth Marlow. Got a name yerself son, or should I make one up for ya?

Before you can shake his hand, he moves it away, spreads his arms wide open and turns 360 degrees around, as if to embrace the surroundings.

- Welcome to the beautiful Silver Forest! One of the damn finest place on all of Cascadia, full of life, joy and stupid little trainers who run aimlessly into its depth and get lost, scare the wildlife and look dumbfounded at the sight of a righteous man. Seems yer Kingler wants to pick a fight with Messiah…

Slowly he turns his attention away from you and to nowhere in particular, and keeps on talking in a low tone, his expression ranging from melancholic to angry to slightly deranged.

- What will they to someone who will not be afraid of them? What will they do when they discover they cannot hurt us? What can they do?...

And just as quickly as he dismissed you, he suddenly turns his focus back to you, with a warm smile.

- Pretty dangerous place to have wandered off by yerself son. Gets bloody at night if you’re not the predator. I’m a hunter man, I’m powerful. Nothin’ but woods and beasts from miles in every direction except one, and you got no idea where that is. It’s gettin’ dark soon and you’ll want someone who knows the way. I can show you the way man, I can lead you on the right path.

And again he extends his hand. Clearly he isn’t in the healthiest state of mind, but there is no doubt he has to be a powerful trainer, seeing how his Xatu completely nullified your offense earlier. And you did manage to get yourself lost in the woods while hunting down the Pidove, so why not ask an accomplished trainer for directions?
    On the other hand, do you really want to get better acquainted with such a person, or do you prefer to move along on your own? Would he even let you?

What will you and Kingler do?

Crater Island

Iridi Beach

kaisap112: Look here

Brine Island

Salin City

Arc_Angel & lilbluecorsola: Confronted by the horrifying scene, both of you are drawn back to painful memories thought long repressed. The inferno, the lives lost and the panic around the scene force you to reminisce on past events that you would much rather have left undisturbed.

Be it an overwhelming sense of duty, a silent cry for recognition or simply a very lacking set of social skills, Jess comes to terms with her suicidal course of action – leave the sobbing woman with Stacey (who, in all honesty, isn’t much of a people person herself) and go look for Anya, who may or may not be alive; who or may not even be there.
    Settling on Atzu the Azumarill and Haruki the Shiny Corsola for backup, she asks Stacey to keep her remaining Pokémon, should anything tragic happen, which issn’t all that unlikely. Jumping over the barricade, she runs in the direction of the front door, hoping no officers would tackle her down before she made it there. Fortunately for her – was it really? -, most were left too dumbfounded at her actions to try and stop her, a further testament to the quality (or lack thereof) of the dispatched forces.

But while the regular police body was indeed less than ideal, another team on the scene was much more diligent. As you storm inside the building and reach the entrance hall, you find three POLT Agents (and not “officers”, as they consistently emphasize) hard at work: one is directing traffic, strategically dispatching teams of firemen and Pokémon to put out localized fires; another is scraping the hall for clues of what might have been the cause of the disaster; and the last one is standing directly in front of you, blocking your way. He speaks to you slowly, with a deep, stern voice.

- Miss, you’re not supposed to be here. I understand you might be concerned with survivors or property damage, but the building is strictly off limits to civilians. I’ll have to escort you outs… What is it Brendan?

The agent examining the scene had apparently found something, and had made its way over to share the intel.

- Senior Agent Gouka, I think we have the MO. I’m afraid this was no gas leak, no accident at all. There are Electrode remains scattered throughout the hall, and I’m moving in to sweep the apartments after the upper floor is under contr… Hum, Miss, what’re you doing here? Civilians aren’t supposed to…

- I got it covered, Brendan. Miss, I’m saying this one last time. Outside. Now.

While the fire is out in entrance hall, the same can’t be said for the first floor, judging by what this Brendan character let slip in your presence. But with Senior Agent Gouka (apparently they do take these titles seriously) blocking your path, there is seemingly no way for you to just run off on your own anymore…

Just as you are about to plead with the POLT Agents, a young woman in tears - a familiar face, actually - darts through the front door much like you had just minutes ago. She stops as she sees you there, suddenly looking lost and confused. And just then…

- Shit, look out! ELECTRODE!!

As you turn around startled, you indeed spot a large Electrode rolling down the stairs from the first floor, and it stops five feet away from where you stand. It suddenly starts glowing ominously… It’s gonna blow!!

-----

Wraith moves its blade-arms in an intricate pattern before raising them to the sky, and dark clouds begin to gather heralding heavy rain. As the first drops begin to fall, the police officers guarding the perimeter look at Stacey with an annoyed expression. Clearly there were a number of inconveniences to the newly introduced weather: they didn’t want civilians interfering with procedures, they didn’t expect to get wet and they certainly didn’t want to acknowledge that it was a good idea.

The rain brings about another beneficial result: most of the bystanders who had come to gawk at the tragic misfortune of others begin moving out, bothered by the unexpected weather conditions. Only Stacey, the worried girl and a handful of more persistent onlookers remain.

The young woman turns to face you. Her eyes are red and swollen, and amidst her sobbing she has trouble forming full sentences, but she makes a point of expressing her gratitude.

- I… Thank you… thank you so much for… for going through all this trouble! It’s just Anya… Anya is my little sister, if something happens to her I don’t... I won’t know what to do! But your friend… is she going to be alright?

Both of you are now soaked to the bone. The fire does seem to be subsiding, both thanks to the pouring rain and the efforts of the men inside. The girl takes your hand in hers and grips it firmly, a physical contact that you probably could have down well without.

As tears once again begin to overwhelm her, a male voice is heard in the distance. Looking over your shoulder, you spot an old man hastily walking toward the both of you.

- Oh, dear Felicia… Here you are, I’ve been looking all over for you! Please don’t tell me you... oh, my dear girl…

He looks at you; the man is probably in his eighties by now, mostly bald, with a thick white moustache and a very tired, tormented face. And yet he somehow musters an apologetic smile.

- I hope my daughter didn’t cause you too much trouble! You see, she… she isn’t in a very good place right now, mentally I mean… Ever since her little sister passed away a few years ago, she… she couldn’t quite handle it, I’m afraid. I am truly sorry if she bothered you about a girl called Anya, she tends to do that you see…

Nevermind the fact that this girl in her twenties turned out to be the daughter of an eighty-year-old man, it seems that Jess went and recklessly put her life on the line for nothing!

- NO! Anya is in THERE! You’re all idiots, you’ll let her die!!!

Breaking free from her father’s grasp, she too jumps over the barricade, shoves a police officer to the ground and storms inside the building in a blind rage.

Stacey, Jess… what do you do?

Ion Island

Storm Lake

myahoo: For a complete stranger, Cam looked friendly enough. He was apparently a Pokémon Ranger, and casually mentioned a lack of visitors lately to the Ion Island.

As you remark to your Cyndaquil about how it’d been a great idea to come here, Cam looks at you briefly with a sad expression, lets out a sigh and kneels down on the sand.

- Miss, with all due respect, coming here was a mistake on your part. Yes, the view is most certainly beautiful, but…

He retrieves a small device from his belt, unplugs a cable from it and sticks it in the sand. The pointer on the display moves all the way to the right.

- This is a portable ammeter. All Rangers in Ion Island carry one. You know how Ground-Type Pokémon are usually unaffected by electric attacks? It’s because they behave like insulators, through which current does not pass, much like sand. Under normal circumstances, sand does not conduct electricity… But lately the ambient charges have been increasing steadily, to the point where, as you can see, the sand itself is electrified. It was thought to be a naturally impossible phenomenon, but it’s said to have happened once before in History…

He rises back to his feet and gazes at the lake, a look of apprehension taking over. Your Cyndaquil is clearly not getting any of this, and jumps off your soldier to play in the sand – at least he understood it was sand you two were talking about, and that you can stick stuff in it, so he digs his long snout in it repeatedly.

Cam smiles at the sight of the amused Wildfire, and turns back to face you.

- Melissa, was it? Let me explain what we know so far, so you can leave informed. The stories about two Pokémon having faced off and electrifying the island aren’t just legends; they’re fact. Some details have been lost in time, but there are undeniable records of two immensely powerful creatures having waged war against one another centuries ago, and their clash was so powerful that impossible phenomena occurred. Among them was the electrification of non-conducting materials like sand. Those charges wore off overtime, while some others persisted to give the island its name. But with the currents running through the isle with increasing intensity once more, us Rangers have been ordered to keep tourists near the shoreline. If we put the island on lockdown without concrete evidence, we could be raising a false alarm. But as it stands, we need to keep visitors safe just in case while avoiding general panic…

He looks at his feet, struggling to find words to continue. He is clearly nervous, but in his sense of duty is trying his best not to scare you too much. Until, having had enough of sugar-coating reality, he locks eyes with you again.

- If you ask me Melissa, if you want my true feelings on the matter… You’d better leave Ion Island right now, because Zapdos and Raikou are about to clash again.

There is no way to be certain, and while some of this may well be superstition on the part of Cam, he is a Pokemon Ranger with certified credibility, and these events are definitely unnatural. On one hand, you can follow his advice and seek a safer adventure on a nearby island, which is only a ferry ride away. On the other hand, if Cam is right, Ion Island may be on the brink of disaster and who knows what might happen even to the rest of the Archipelago if another battle takes place…

What will you decide?
    Last edited by MarbleZone; 28th October 2012 at 05:05 PM.

Blog Entries

Visit kaisap112's Youtube Channel

I'll start with an apology: this has not been a good month for writing anything for me. x.x I got through three updates before my creativity ran out due to tiredness and other stuff, but here they are anyway. Rest of the updates that have been replied to will be up tomorrow.

Venom Island

Skull Tunnel

uhhhhh, Missingno. Master & Marion Ette: As much as Myrtle wanted to take the irrational (and possibly bitchy) approach to the Sevipers, she couldn’t go against the orders of her trainer. After sacrificing a few precious seconds in favor of locating the Seviper with her sense of taste, a very strong source of anger and upset hit her taste buds, along with…fear? Not interested in the least what the Seviper she’d targeted was so afraid of, Myrtle launches Water Gun at her mark – leaving a soaked Seviper #4 hissing at her before jumping at her with Poison Fang at the same time as Myrtle prepares Psychic. Luna finally seems to grasp the situation as well, using Supersonic as a radar – a very painful radar to all those present, the sound bouncing off walls in the cave. Too focused on the mean Ghost Pokémon, Seviper #4 doesn’t have time to dodge Myrtle’s Psychic and Luna’s Confusion, the purple glow of her fangs fading and the snake dropping like a log from mid-air as the attacks make contact. Myrtle and Luna gain 1 level up!

Marion is proceeding with her battle as well, now two-on-one with the scarred, masochistic Seviper having run off somewhere. Wrapped tightly the remaining Seviper’s hold, Aislyn tries Marion’s idea of using Quick Attack to slip away from Seviper. Some squirming is required, but Seviper loosens her hold just enough for Aislyn to pounce away, shooting Ember at the reptile upon freedom. Sangre’s by no means falling behind, Biting Seviper viciously – Seviper suddenly loses consciousness and falls limp between Sangre’s fangs, creating a slightly amusing display. Aislyn and Sangre gain 1 level up!

Foster has no trouble mimicking Myrtle’s tasting trick with the larger amount of experience under his figurative belt. With their strong worry about their trainer backing them up, Foster and Gaspard get on the offense to end the offense in this battle: Foster’s two Psychics and Gaspard’s Psychic Hidden Powers are locked and loaded by the time Foster nods toward the Sevipers, spinning 360 degrees in the process but getting the message through. Four intense blasts of energy slam their targets into a large pile of trash and some trash bags. The Sevipers hiss and stick their heads out from the trash – only to fall unconscious. Foster and Gaspard gain 1 level up!

But before Connor has the time to celebrate, he drops on the ground with a bit of foam at the corners of his mouth, spouting delirious nonsense left and right. The poison from earlier needs to be taken care of, but Connor himself isn’t capable of doing anything about it at the moment, leaving his Pokémon to run to his side, worried out of their minds and begging for help from the other trainers with their eyes. The Haze one of the Sevipers used is still around, making any treatment far too difficult. Getting Connor out of the fog and near a source of light would probably be the first priorities unless you have other ideas…

What will you do?

Crater Island

Iridi Beach

Meetan: More than happy with the results of your battle against a known TV-host, you return your partner to his Pokéball and head for the café to get more information on the gathering of Staryu that was mentioned by…who was it again? You recall a little boy with a bird Pokémon, but you were so focused on your own performance his appearance didn’t exactly make it into your memory. Once inside the café you’re welcomed with loud applause and cheers for your recent victory – this doesn’t help reduce the swelling of your ego, but somehow you manage to ask the bartender about any little boys with bird Pokémon. The young woman, a summer worker, no doubt, thinks for a bit while making another customer a local version of Casteliacone – fudge ice cream with caramel sauce on top. While your Pichu gets busy drooling at the ice cream the bartender turns back to you. “Sure, I remember a kid with a Pidgey! He was in that TV-show with you, right? He asked where could find a quiet place to do his summer homework. I told him the local library works fine for that purpose. It’s right across the road, there’s a sign with a Noctowl on it at the front, hard to miss.” Thanking the bartender you leave despite the protests of your Pichu. The library is indeed as easy to find as the young woman had told you…and who else is sitting on the front stairs but the boy from earlier! He seems a bit upset, with the Pidgey at his side looking very ashamed of himself for some reason.

What will you do?

Ruin Island

Amor Temple

OkikuMew: Deciding to give a twist to this apparent game of “Poochyena see, Poochyena do”, you give Max new orders. The two canines are growling at each other, with the third, smaller one, whimpering and sneaking behind a tree. Elena taps your shoulder and whispers to you: “I think I’ll go try and calm that little girl down, all that anxiety’s not a good thing.” She crouches and starts slowly moving around the battlefield toward the scared pup. You hope this won’t bite you in the butt later, but return to the battle at hand. Max tries his hardest to sniff out his opponent with Odor Sleuth while Tackling the wild Poochyena off his fabulous tail. The grip of the wild one’s fangs and the continued Bite is extraordinary though, and he won’t let go even when he hits the tree the smaller Poochyena hid behind. Elena’s managed to get within a few feet of the poor thing, which yelps loudly at the bang against the tree and runs right at Elena – who grabs the Poochyena in her arms. The male Poochyena notices this and runs at the (in his eyes) offending trainer, making Max’s Sand-Attack miss as the wild Poochyena lets go of Max’s tail and rushes at Elena like a missile! Max rushes after his opponent, not happy about the turn of events, but more than Max’s pride you’re worried about your new friend’s safety: Max might not make it in time and sharp fangs would definitely not do any good to Elena or the small pup in her arms. But you might be able to do something on your own…

What will you do?

Avatar loading... 23% Missingno. Master's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'll start with an apology: this has not been a good month for writing anything for me. x.x I got through three updates before my creativity ran out due to tiredness and other stuff, but here they are anyway. Rest of the updates that have been replied to will be up tomorrow.

Venom Island

Skull Tunnel

uhhhhh, Missingno. Master & Marion Ette: As much as Myrtle wanted to take the irrational (and possibly bitchy) approach to the Sevipers, she couldn’t go against the orders of her trainer. After sacrificing a few precious seconds in favor of locating the Seviper with her sense of taste, a very strong source of anger and upset hit her taste buds, along with…fear? Not interested in the least what the Seviper she’d targeted was so afraid of, Myrtle launches Water Gun at her mark – leaving a soaked Seviper #4 hissing at her before jumping at her with Poison Fang at the same time as Myrtle prepares Psychic. Luna finally seems to grasp the situation as well, using Supersonic as a radar – a very painful radar to all those present, the sound bouncing off walls in the cave. Too focused on the mean Ghost Pokémon, Seviper #4 doesn’t have time to dodge Myrtle’s Psychic and Luna’s Confusion, the purple glow of her fangs fading and the snake dropping like a log from mid-air as the attacks make contact. Myrtle and Luna gain 1 level up!

Marion is proceeding with her battle as well, now two-on-one with the scarred, masochistic Seviper having run off somewhere. Wrapped tightly the remaining Seviper’s hold, Aislyn tries Marion’s idea of using Quick Attack to slip away from Seviper. Some squirming is required, but Seviper loosens her hold just enough for Aislyn to pounce away, shooting Ember at the reptile upon freedom. Sangre’s by no means falling behind, Biting Seviper viciously – Seviper suddenly loses consciousness and falls limp between Sangre’s fangs, creating a slightly amusing display. Aislyn and Sangre gain 1 level up!

Foster has no trouble mimicking Myrtle’s tasting trick with the larger amount of experience under his figurative belt. With their strong worry about their trainer backing them up, Foster and Gaspard get on the offense to end the offense in this battle: Foster’s two Psychics and Gaspard’s Psychic Hidden Powers are locked and loaded by the time Foster nods toward the Sevipers, spinning 360 degrees in the process but getting the message through. Four intense blasts of energy slam their targets into a large pile of trash and some trash bags. The Sevipers hiss and stick their heads out from the trash – only to fall unconscious. Foster and Gaspard gain 1 level up!

But before Connor has the time to celebrate, he drops on the ground with a bit of foam at the corners of his mouth, spouting delirious nonsense left and right. The poison from earlier needs to be taken care of, but Connor himself isn’t capable of doing anything about it at the moment, leaving his Pokémon to run to his side, worried out of their minds and begging for help from the other trainers with their eyes. The Haze one of the Sevipers used is still around, making any treatment far too difficult. Getting Connor out of the fog and near a source of light would probably be the first priorities unless you have other ideas…

What will you do?
    Apology accepted. IMO, it's fine if the updates are worth the wait, and I certainly know what it's like to not have the time and/or motivation to write.
    Keith smiled with satisfaction as Luna and Myrtle, through decent teamwork, took down their two Seviper (Myrtle grew to level 5! Luna grew to level 2!). Myrtle, however, didn't look so pleased.

"Look, Meat Sack," she said to Keith. Keith turned to look in the direction his Shuppet was looking in- and saw that Connor had indeed been poisoned by the Seviper that bit him! Keeping a cool head, Keith took out a Poke Ball as he withdrew Luna.

"Lily, come out!" he exclaimed. In a flash of light, a Venomoth materialized. "Use Gust to clear this Haze away, OK?" he said.

"Venomoth, Venomoth," nodded Lily as she set to work, flapping her wings hard. Keith, meanwhile, knelt down beside the delirious Connor and pulled a Pecha Berry out of his bag.

"OK..." he muttered, unsure as to how he would get Connor to eat it- given his current delirious state, he had no way of ensuring that he would digest the curative fruit.

"Oh, for Ar-ce-us-'s sake," groaned Myrtle as she rolled her eyes. "I will use Psy-chic to en-sure that he eats the ber-ry. It is not ex-act-ly rock-et sur-ger-y to think of that, you know," she added snidely.

"Just feed him the berry, Myrtle," sighed Keith.
    Last edited by Missingno. Master; 4th November 2012 at 11:05 AM.

Well, new batch is ready for those that already replied. Reviews so far have been positive, so I’m a happy newbie. :P

Also, welcome to King Ghidorah and myahoo, my newest updatees!

Finally, a quick question for Arc&lilblue: I’ve been reluctant to refer to you when you’re together as “you”, because, well, there are two of “you”. :P So in those situations I’ve resorted to using “Stacey” and “Jess”, but that makes you sound like NPCs and I’m not totally comfortable with that. Suggestions? Should I keep doing it like this?

----

Lily Island

The Silver Forest

King Ghidorah: It was probably the hunger and hurt pride that made you come up with such an unorthodox plan. Your Pokemon’s look of doubt in your capabilities as a trainer and provider of lunch had clearly touched a nerve, and you decided to dart off after the flock of villainous Pidove.

After a while of trying to keep up with the birds, you finally feel you’re in a good position to reach and stop them. At first, hurling your Pokemon at them seemed like a pretty good idea – leverage and altitude would be the best way to reach the Flying-Types and attack them, but on second thought… that was a really big Kingler. Before you can reformulate your plan, the Pincer Pokémon follows through on its own; after Hardening its shell, Kingler unleashes a strong gale of Icy Wind with enough force to blast most of the flock, as several Pidove fall to the ground in pain. The one that stole your sandwich though, and had taken the front spot in the aerial formation, managed to evade the attack and was turning back around to boldly strike the much larger crab. Unfazed, Kingler releases a glowing ball of energy in the shape of AncientPower straight at the incoming bird. Before it makes contact though, a larger, green bird materializes half-way between the attack and its intended target, and forms a light barrier that effortlessly repels the blast.

Startled, the previously-gutsy Pidove drops the sandwich to the ground and flies off, as do the others that had recovered from the assault in the meantime. Slowly floating towards the ground, what you now recognize as a Xatu lands elegantly in front of your Kingler, with a passive, unreadable expression. Your Pokemon snaps its larger pincer, expecting confrontation, but before you can even react someone grabs your shoulder from behind.

- Hey man, chill… Why the hate?

You turn around to face a very strange-looking man. Tall, slightly chubby, with shoulder-length brown hair and a thick beard covering his face; he has to be no more than 30 years old, and wears an unbuttoned plain red flannel shirt with a white t-shirt underneath, knee-long white shorts and flip-flops. A straw hat on his head complements the weird choice of attire to grant the man a very disturbing look, especially considering his awkward grin as he gazes at you.

- Bird’s gotta eat man, it’s the way of nature! Poor dove just lookin’ out for the flock, y’know? You can always get ‘nother sammich. Now, I don’ like violence in such a quiet place… Why don’ we introduce ourselves, my brother? – He extends a large hand and his smile widens – Name’s Jeth Marlow. Got a name yerself son, or should I make one up for ya?

Before you can shake his hand, he moves it away, spreads his arms wide open and turns 360 degrees around, as if to embrace the surroundings.

- Welcome to the beautiful Silver Forest! One of the damn finest place on all of Cascadia, full of life, joy and stupid little trainers who run aimlessly into its depth and get lost, scare the wildlife and look dumbfounded at the sight of a righteous man. Seems yer Kingler wants to pick a fight with Messiah…

Slowly he turns his attention away from you and to nowhere in particular, and keeps on talking in a low tone, his expression ranging from melancholic to angry to slightly deranged.

- What will they to someone who will not be afraid of them? What will they do when they discover they cannot hurt us? What can they do?...

And just as quickly as he dismissed you, he suddenly turns his focus back to you, with a warm smile.

- Pretty dangerous place to have wandered off by yerself son. Gets bloody at night if you’re not the predator. I’m a hunter man, I’m powerful. Nothin’ but woods and beasts from miles in every direction except one, and you got no idea where that is. It’s gettin’ dark soon and you’ll want someone who knows the way. I can show you the way man, I can lead you on the right path.

And again he extends his hand. Clearly he isn’t in the healthiest state of mind, but there is no doubt he has to be a powerful trainer, seeing how his Xatu completely nullified your offense earlier. And you did manage to get yourself lost in the woods while hunting down the Pidove, so why not ask an accomplished trainer for directions?
    On the other hand, do you really want to get better acquainted with such a person, or do you prefer to move along on your own? Would he even let you?

What will you and Kingler do?[/size]

[/color][/size]
    ”What the f—“ Hugo thought to himself. He glanced indiscreetly at Kingler, who gave him a similar look. Whoever this character was, Hugo was skeptical at best. But the last thing he needed right now was to offend some nutjob who could go off the deep end at the drop of a hat.

Hugo reached out and clasped the man’s hand in a handshake, the powerful Xatu carefully observing you over the Jeth’s shoulder.

“I apologize,” Hugo explained. “I didn’t mean to cause any harm. Or disturb anyone. It’s just…I was so hungry, and got so angry, and…”

Hugo gulped, and paused. He knew he had to choose his words carefully. This man Jeth, though he seemed to be insane, was paying very close attention to what Hugo said and did, and Hugo knew it. After a few moments of extended, uncomfortable silence, Kingler prodded Hugo with his pincer to remind him to finish his sentence.

“Anyway, my name is Hugo. Hugo Harrison,” Hugo blurted out. Almost instantly he realized that he was probably better off giving a fake name. Sure, stupid, give your full name to a crazy man. Why don’t you give him your home address and a list of what frightens you the most?

“Kingler and I, we aren’t looking for any sort of trouble,” Hugo says, looking at the majestic Xatu as he mentions confrontation. “It’s just that we’re very lost in this place. It’s very beautiful, sure, but we don’t know where we are. Or who you--… I mean we’re lost.”

He almost blew it.

“Is there anyway…could you show us where we need to be going?”

Lily Island

The Red Forest

PikaGod: ”SCREW THAT, JUST RUN!!”

You understandably sought to gain some more information on the possible threat that was looming near. But the man – the strange, terrified man – wouldn’t have any of that, all he cared about was running away to whatever it was that he was headed before he ran into you. And could you blame him? The very ground is shaking with the approach of this horror, and the poor guy had to watch as it wiped out his entire team and was now after the man himself.

Grabbing you by the arm, he forcefully pulls you and resumes running; without much of a choice, you decide to keep up and head for the shelter – there’d be time for words later. Paine reluctantly accompanied, as the three of you dash out of the monster’s path and into the safety of a nearby cave.

As you run, you realize you didn’t have to exert yourself too much to keep up with the crazy man; as you look at him more carefully, you realize he is very skinny and carrying a very heavy-looking backpack. The thick glasses resting on his nose keep threatening to fall down with each step, and the lenses are covered with tiny drops of sweat. Clearly not the most athletic of men, which begs the question of why he decided to venture into this kind of place by himself, lacking the minimum required physical conditioning.

After a while of running from the invisible threat, you apparently reach your destination, as you reach a large opening on the base of a cliff and an air of relief washes over the man’s face. Visibly exhausted, he arcs his body forward with his hands on his knees, gasping for air and drenched in sweat. The earth-shaking footsteps are now far behind, and both you and your new acquaintance sit down on the floor to give the legs a rest.

- I… I’m sorry… I’m so sorry I dragged you into this… - he begins, still panting – but you see, the creature… it was coming for me! I… I had to leave my fainted Pokemon behind, I don’t... I don’t even know what it did to them! But we had to run, or it’d get us too...

Reaching for a canteen in his backpack, he gulps down its contents to the last drop, before suddenly looking your way with an expression of guilt for forgetting to offer.

- Sorry! I… I should have shared… I’m sorry, I’m just a little shaken.. no, shaken to the core! My name is Ivan Stone. You… might have heard of me? If not me, then certainly my elder brother Steven…

Did he mean… Steven Stone? The former Hoenn Region Champion? You don’t remember a sibling ever being mentioned in any relevant media outlet… but maybe this is one of those cases where the least important brother stands in the shadow of the phenomenon. This fellow didn't seem too good in social situations anyway, so maybe it was for the best.

- While my brother takes an interest in gemstones, I favour the study of fossils. I’d come to this forest hoping to find undisturbed remnants of ages past, hence why I ventured so deep… But, but, get this! I did find something!!

The man rises back to his feet and looks excited, seemingly forgetting most of the woes he had just gone through – losing his Pokemon, nearly dying in the forest at the hands of a yet-unrevealed creature… Whatever he found had to be pretty important to him.

While you look at Ivan with your interested peaked, waiting for him to divulge his big discovery, Paine nudges your arm with a sense of urgency. Turning to the entrance, you lock eyes with… a monstrous Aggron.

- Wanna know what I found? A prey.

Horrified, it all dawns on you. This was a set-up all along! As the Aggron makes his way inside the cave – was it the one causing the Earthquakes before? -, it becomes increasingly evident that the only way out now is fighting.

What do you do?
    Karmas let out a small grunt of pain as the man pulled on his arm, he was apparently stronger than he looked. Reluctantly following, Paine levitated herself after them, not wanting to have to run and perspire. Reaching the cave, which was an opening in the base of a cliff, Paine looked at the scrawny little man, turning her nose up as she watched the sweat pour down his face. Disgusting humans.

"I… I’m sorry… I’m so sorry I dragged you into this… - he begins, still panting – but you see, the creature… it was coming for me! I… I had to leave my fainted Pokemon behind, I don’t... I don’t even know what it did to them! But we had to run, or it’d get us too..." said the man as he and Karmas sat down, Paine opting not to have to sit on the dirty floor.

The man introduced himself as Ivan Stone, which immediately took Karmas aback. Steven Stone's brother? What was he doing here? Karmas thought before another thought entered his mind. Steven has a brother? I don't think that I have ever actually heard anything about a brother. But, maybe that could be considered a good thing.

As Karmas and Ivan were talking, something about fossils or something, Paine really couldn't be bothered to pay attention to them. That and they were really boring, she wished that her partner had let out another one of his pokemon but he said something about wanting to bond with her or something. Paine had stopped paying attention to that conversation about halfway through. Funny how things liked to repeat themselves, wasn't. It was then that something caught Paine's attention, something rather large and pokemony. Seeing the very large, very really Aggron standing at the entrance.

Karmas was waiting for Ivan to tell him what his big discovery was when Paine slammed her elbow into his side, effectively getting his attention. He turned around, wanting to know what on Earth made Paine hit him. And then he saw it, the Aggron.

"Wanna know what I found? A prey," suddenly said Ivan.

"You have to be kidding me," said Karmas, looking from Ivan to the Aggron and back again. "Well let me tell you, we aren't going to let you get away with this."

Paine swung her head around in panic, surely Karmas didn't mean what he was actually saying. Well at least, she hoped he didn't, in the past Karmas had been known to bluff his way into things and make them much much worse.

"Paine, I want you to use Future Sight, and then use Psychic to try and throw that Aggron away, and if you can't do that, use Dark Pulse to try and deter it," ordered Karmas, turning and facing Ivan, "And I'll deal with Ivan!"

Squeezing in two updates to round out the month. :P

----

Aduro Island

Geyser Park

Hayward: Look here

Ruin Island

Amor Temple

Stark: Look here

Lily Island

The Red Forest

PikaGod: The situation has become very dire, very fast. One moment you’re talking to a scrawny, terrified scientist, the next you’re faced with a gargantuan Aggron that blocks your only route of escape from the cave. No doubt this had all been carefully planned by Ivan, who is now grinning as he raises his hand to command his beast.

- My, my, who would’ve thought I’d find someone so gullible right when I needed it?! Your Gothorita will serve my purposes perfectly! All my purposes… - he added, as his grin became twisted and slightly deranged.

Wasting no time in formulating a plan, you order Paine to summon a Future Sight, confident you will be able to control the battle until it strikes. As you try to follow it up with a Psychic push, Paine interrupts the move and brings her hands to her head in obvious pain, though you cannot tell why.

- Seems your little lady can’t handle my Aggron’s Metal Sound all that well, hmm? It is not within our hearing frequency, but I assure you it’s slowly torturing your Gothorita… Now Aggron, take the chance to break her with your Iron Tail! As for you… do you really think it’s wise to take your eyes off my Aggron to deal with me?

As the metallic beast lunges forward, Paine reopens one of her eyes; the pain seems to have subsided a little as the Aggron lost its focus on Metal Sound to move in close. Taking the opening, your Gothorita blasts the opponent with her Psychic, sending it flying back to the cave entrance but mustering no more than that. Infuriated, Aggron begins charging up energy in its mouth, and an orb of orange light begins to glow, signifying… Hyper Beam!
    Shortly before firing it however, the orb vanishes, and Aggron reluctantly charges in for melee combat again, the ground shaking as it speeds head-first towards Paine. Why did it cancel its long-range attack? Could you use that to your advantage?

- That’s it Aggron, annihilate that little girl! Crush her with your Head Smash!!

Aggron’s most devastating attack is about to connect with Gothorita, and you have to wonder if you can simply keep pushing him away repeatedly; at the same time, will Future Sight strike if the opponent is inside the cave?

What do you do?

The Silver Forest

hen da man: Look here

King Ghidorah: You stammer repeatedly, trying to find the best words to address the unstable man. In the midst of your indecision, you end up sputtering your real name, only to regret it immediately… Hopefully it wouldn’t be of consequence.

After you’re done struggling, Marlow looks at you in complete silence for what feels like a decade, then smiles warmly as he had before and whistles. Immediately his Xatu takes flight and lands right next to him.
    You take a closer look at the bird; it’s about the same height as you, making it slightly taller than the majority of its species. Legend has it one eye sees the future while the other the past, but both seem pretty much locked on you right now. Its expression is unreadable and its body completely motionless, and neither you nor Kingler can tell if it poses a threat.

- I can show you the way, son. It’s what I do, I open the eyes of men! And so they fear me, because they don’t understand me, man. I give them my love man, all my love, and they fight me off… They fear what they don’t understand, and hate what they can’t conquer.

While he muses, the Xatu takes a step forward, its beak inches away from your face, its eyes still fixed on you without blinking. Kingler instinctively moves forward as well with its pincers partly open.

- Your salvation lies not too far away... Let Messiah show you. Make it to Argentum Village and prove me right about you, man. And prove them, too.

Before you can even ask what he means about all that, Xatu’s eyes glow bright blue, a light you can’t look away from. Images flash before your eyes repeatedly, seemingly looping in a pattern…

And just like that they're gone, and the bird is standing in front of you once more, its eyes no longer glowing. Jeth Marlow smiles - or did he grin?... – as he places his hand on Messiah’s wing and waves at you.

- Now go, man. Follow whatever it was that Messiah showed you; I’ll expect you in Argentum in two days, which is what a normal man who’s been set on the right path should take… As for me, well… I’m no normal man.

And with an even wider grin, he and his Xatu suddenly vanish into thin air, no doubt having Teleported to their destination.

You find yourself alone once more, and nighttime is fast approaching. Finding yourself at a loss once again, you try to make something out of those images you were shown, they are all you have to go on! But what were they again, and what do they meant?! Suddenly, something nudges at your leg. Looking down, you see Kingler impatiently pointing at something. Did he share your vision too?...

Looking in the direction he’s indicating with his large pincer, you spot nothing remarkable, just trees as far as the eye can see. Turning to the large crab for further explanation, you throw him an inquisitive look. Rolling his eyes, Kingler scuttles away from you until he reaches a particular tree… whose trunk appears to have snapped and is now tilting to the left. So that’s the first vision! Trying to remember what comes after, you make your way toward Kingler, glad that at least now you know which direction you should start moving in.

What will you look for next?

((OOC: feel free to roleplay your character as making it to what you think is the next spot (whether you’re right or wrong. :P), but not beyond it please.))

Crater Island

Iridi Beach

kaisap112: Look here

Brine Island

Salin City

Arc_Angel & lilbluecorsola: Look here

Ion Island

Storm Lake

Myahoo: Look here
    Last edited by MarbleZone; 31st October 2012 at 09:29 PM.

Venom Island

Skull Tunnel

What will you do?
    As soon as Foster and Gaspard had dealt their attacks toward the two Sevipers, Connor spoke, "Well...? Did you get them?" the photographer was now starting to feel the effects of the poison as he heard Foster spoke, "Yeah... we did. I can sense that they're out cold now," Connor smiled as he was starting to feel like he was collapsing, "That's great guys... good job..." he went down with a thud. "Right... we have to deal with your poi-son next Co-nnor...Co-nnor?" Foster repeated when he didn't get a reply. "Co-nnor? Hey, an-swer me you fool! Oh no..." "Aipom?!" the duo quickly approached their trainer only to see him foaming in his mouth and spouting random gibberish. Naturally this got Gapsard intensely worried for his best friend, and Foster shouting out various profanities before calling out to Marion and Keith, "Mar-ion, Keith, we need help quick! Co-nnor's getting de-li-ri-ous from the poi-son! Darn it, we spent too much time ta-king those things out..." he cursed as he floated there helplessly while Keith, the Poison-type trainer, had tried to treat Connor with a Pecha berry. Unfortunately, the only thing they could do right now though is wait and hope that he recovers soon...

Gaspard levels up from 58 to 59!
    Foster levels up from 12 to 13! *Foster learned Will-o-Wisp!*
    Last edited by uhhhhh; 3rd November 2012 at 02:06 AM.
    FB

URPG

Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast