Thread: The Arcane Realm - FB Training Zone

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: The Arcane Realm - FB Training Zone

Green Zubat: Please reply in LightSteelBlue
    See Here

The Power of Two: Please reply in LimeGreen
    See Here

Wildstyle: Please reply in DeepSkyBlue
    "Oh for crying out loud grow up! People eat pokemon all the time!" Tim countered with a tone of annoyance in his voice, "Where do you think Miltank Steaks come from? Or slowpoke tails? Don't be naive! Besides, Magikarp are all scale and bone. Nothing worth eating. Unlike a basculin which are really tasty." The opposing trainer shook his head. and wondered just why he was bothering trying to explain to such a headstrong trainer. She had already stated that she wasn't going to let him have the Magikarp despite not wanting it. It seemed that the only way to get her to listen was to beat her and her piplup.

Your mind wanders a bit as you think about leaving the Arcane Realm and joining your friend Ethan on a grand journey across the lands of Fizzy Bubbles. The prospect of becoming a great coordinator fresh in your mind. Perhaps after defeating this trainer you would leave the beach behind and follow your dreams, but for now there was a battle to finish.

"Corriente use Surf to keep them from diving, then Astonish the piplup, and finally Absorb more of it's energy," Tim called out to his partner confidently.

Epy nodded at you and rushed into the water hoping to dive down and wash the vines that were draining his energy off. A large wave suddenly rose up in front of Epy as Corriente hurried into the ocean and summoned forth a small tsunami. Not to be done in so easily, Epy timed his dive perfectly slicing through the wave like a surfer and made his way underwater. The vines were making his swimming difficult to swim and while the idea was sound, the vines just were not going to let go. However, Epy used the opportunity to swim back up to the surface and strike the lotad from below. Corriente cried out more in surprise than in pain as the attack didn't really have the kind of power against a water type as it would another type. The lotad backed onto the edge of the tide letting his small feet dig in as he rushed forward to astonish Epy only to find the penguin summoning ring after ring of water around himself until he looked like the nucleus of an atom. Corriente's atack hit, but Epy was able to hold his own and then some. As the Lotad regains his stance he sees Epy quickly coming toward him only to find the bird disappear and reappear next to him while attacking hard in a critical spot. Corriente screamed in pain as he found himself launched into the air only to come down hard on the beach.

"Corriente!" Tim shouted to his partner with a concerned voice. However, the water weed pokemon remained motionless. It seemed that the lotad was no longer able to battle. Tim's head dropped in disappointment as he pulled out his pokeball and recalled his lotad. "You did great Corriente. Take a rest you deserve it." The trainer grunted and turned to you, "Well it looks like you won. That piplup of yours is pretty tough. Although next time we meet I'm sure I'll be able to beat you. In fact I know I will."

Tim gathered up his belongings and began to walk away as the crowd started to disperse. After a few steps he held up his hand to wave and turned his head just enough to say, "Take good care of that magikarp! You fought hard for it, so it would be a shame if you decided to mount it on a wall or something. Later...!"

The two children who had been poking at the fish before you made it to shore looked up at you expectedly with wide eyes before battering you with myriad of quick questions along the lines of, "What are you going to call it? Are you going to evolve it? How come you don;t wear a swimsuit that matches your piplup? Where are you from? What are you going to do now? Do you think you could teach us how to catch pokemon? What kind of pokeball are you going to put it in?" The questions continued on and on....

What will you do?

-- Sweetbbydoll, you have been a fantastic updatee, and now upon your next reply if you make your first capture, I will be happy to let you leave the Arcane Realm to go into the FB Zones. You have impressed me with your writing ability and I know you’ll enjoy adventuring in one of the zones we have to offer you. I do apologize for dragging this out far longer than I should have. Just remember to follow the zone rules. You may contact the specific Zone Owner or any of the mods if you have any questions, they’ll be happy to help you. You also now have access to the Egg House upon your next reply assuming you capture the magikarp. If you do not make a capture, we can continue on the adventure here until you make a capture, but there is not much else for me to go over with you. Good Luck and have fun with the other aspects of FB!--

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stark View Post
    Wildstyle: Please reply in DeepSkyBlue
    "Oh for crying out loud grow up! People eat pokemon all the time!" Tim countered with a tone of annoyance in his voice, "Where do you think Miltank Steaks come from? Or slowpoke tails? Don't be naive! Besides, Magikarp are all scale and bone. Nothing worth eating. Unlike a basculin which are really tasty." The opposing trainer shook his head. and wondered just why he was bothering trying to explain to such a headstrong trainer. She had already stated that she wasn't going to let him have the Magikarp despite not wanting it. It seemed that the only way to get her to listen was to beat her and her piplup.

Your mind wanders a bit as you think about leaving the Arcane Realm and joining your friend Ethan on a grand journey across the lands of Fizzy Bubbles. The prospect of becoming a great coordinator fresh in your mind. Perhaps after defeating this trainer you would leave the beach behind and follow your dreams, but for now there was a battle to finish.

"Corriente use Surf to keep them from diving, then Astonish the piplup, and finally Absorb more of it's energy," Tim called out to his partner confidently.

Epy nodded at you and rushed into the water hoping to dive down and wash the vines that were draining his energy off. A large wave suddenly rose up in front of Epy as Corriente hurried into the ocean and summoned forth a small tsunami. Not to be done in so easily, Epy timed his dive perfectly slicing through the wave like a surfer and made his way underwater. The vines were making his swimming difficult to swim and while the idea was sound, the vines just were not going to let go. However, Epy used the opportunity to swim back up to the surface and strike the lotad from below. Corriente cried out more in surprise than in pain as the attack didn't really have the kind of power against a water type as it would another type. The lotad backed onto the edge of the tide letting his small feet dig in as he rushed forward to astonish Epy only to find the penguin summoning ring after ring of water around himself until he looked like the nucleus of an atom. Corriente's atack hit, but Epy was able to hold his own and then some. As the Lotad regains his stance he sees Epy quickly coming toward him only to find the bird disappear and reappear next to him while attacking hard in a critical spot. Corriente screamed in pain as he found himself launched into the air only to come down hard on the beach.

"Corriente!" Tim shouted to his partner with a concerned voice. However, the water weed pokemon remained motionless. It seemed that the lotad was no longer able to battle. Tim's head dropped in disappointment as he pulled out his pokeball and recalled his lotad. "You did great Corriente. Take a rest you deserve it." The trainer grunted and turned to you, "Well it looks like you won. That piplup of yours is pretty tough. Although next time we meet I'm sure I'll be able to beat you. In fact I know I will."

Tim gathered up his belongings and began to walk away as the crowd started to disperse. After a few steps he held up his hand to wave and turned his head just enough to say, "Take good care of that magikarp! You fought hard for it, so it would be a shame if you decided to mount it on a wall or something. Later...!"

The two children who had been poking at the fish before you made it to shore looked up at you expectedly with wide eyes before battering you with myriad of quick questions along the lines of, "What are you going to call it? Are you going to evolve it? How come you don;t wear a swimsuit that matches your piplup? Where are you from? What are you going to do now? Do you think you could teach us how to catch pokemon? What kind of pokeball are you going to put it in?" The questions continued on and on....

What will you do?

-- Sweetbbydoll, you have been a fantastic updatee, and now upon your next reply if you make your first capture, I will be happy to let you leave the Arcane Realm to go into the FB Zones. You have impressed me with your writing ability and I know you’ll enjoy adventuring in one of the zones we have to offer you. I do apologize for dragging this out far longer than I should have. Just remember to follow the zone rules. You may contact the specific Zone Owner or any of the mods if you have any questions, they’ll be happy to help you. You also now have access to the Egg House upon your next reply assuming you capture the magikarp. If you do not make a capture, we can continue on the adventure here until you make a capture, but there is not much else for me to go over with you. Good Luck and have fun with the other aspects of FB!--

Liza watched as her strategy began to unfold, and though it had failed to release Epy from the choke hold of the Lotad’s Leech Seed, a sigh of relief escaped her lips as she saw Epy successfully managed to knock the Lotad out with an Aerial Ace.

“Pip, pip, pip…!” the Piplup struggled to his feet arriving from the water onto the sands of the beach, looking a little exhausted from the whole day’s events.

Liza ran over to him, her body still a little tired from the swimming session she and Epy had experienced and caught her little blue penguin before he landed on his bum.

“You did it!” she squealed hugging him tight, “Pip, pip, pip!”

The other trainer who was planning to capture the Magikarp for himself had already returned his fallen Pokémon back in his pokeball admitting defeat. With the battle over all the spectators returned to what they were doing before. Liza watched as the man that went by the name Tim collected his belongings and began to leave but not before some parting words of advice.

“Take good care of that magikarp! You fought hard for it, so it would be a shame if you decided to mount it on a wall or something. Later...!”

Was that supposed to be some kind of compliment? Liza couldn’t quite tell but with a shake of her head she simply let it go; she had won!

Being so concerned with how Epy was doing, she quickly had forgotten the Magikarp who had bravely saved her from a direct Water Gun attack. She hurried over to it just as the two kids from early began barraging her with millions of questions…

“What are you going to call it?”

“Magi, short for Magikar-”

“Are you going to evolve it?”

“Probably, besides wanting to be a coordinator I want to be a Mega Pokémon Tamer-”

“How come you don’t wear a swimsuit that matches your piplup?”

“I never actually thought of tha-”

“Where are you from?”

“Cerulean City. A town famous for the most beautiful Gym Leader EVER!! Misty-”

“What are you going to do now?”

“Well I-”

“Do you think you could teach us how to catch Pokémon?”

“I don’t see why no-”

“What kind of pokeball are you going to put it in?”

“Uhhh...”

The questions wouldn’t stop; Epy waddled over with its trainer’s bag and presented it to her. “Thank you sweety.” Liza said then reached inside her bag and retrieved a special Premier Pokeball she had been holding onto for such an occasion.

She kneeled over with the Pokeball in hand next to the Splashing Magikarp, “I’m ever so thankful for you helping me in such a tight spot even though you probably didn’t mean to, never the less…I would like for you to join my team…” Liza then presented the ball to the Magikarp, “That is to say, if you want to…”

A moment passed and though it was probably just Liza's imagination she could of sworn she saw the fish smile before splashing high enough to hit the button of the ball, a red light consuming the fish Pokémon safely inside, the kids watching gleefully as they witnessed someone capturing a Pokémon. When the process was complete Liza held her arm high with the Pokeball in palm and said, “I caught a Magikarp!!.”

“Pip, pip, pip!” with Epy jumping into the frame, he wheezed a bit from some pain that Liza figured to have been caused by the battle underwater and above and figured it was high time they got to the Pokémon Center to treat him and their new friend.

Liza looked out to the horizon, it sure had been a crazy day, but a memorable one at that...the sun was setting painting the sky in many beautiful colors, watching the sunset was always her favorite thing to do at the beach.

She said goodbye to the kids that had been pestering her, and told them to be safe before making her way toward the Pokémon Center for some rest and relaxation. Liza and her Piplup walking away from the beach, with the days events still fresh in their minds and hearts of the famous isle known to all trainers of Fizzy Bubbles, the Arcane Realm.

Ooc: I'd like to thank Pikagod for starting my adventure off even though my first attempt of an intro was considered to be self updating...Stark, for so graciously taking over and writing such a interesting story with so many twists and turns that I didn't know where the hell I was going! I apologize if my PM's were annoying at all and as much as I loved the adventure I am glad it’s over, and though I would have liked continuing it, I have bigger fish to fry (see what I did there!?) I hope a time comes where you can be my updator again, and hopefully with the Derby drawing near it will be sooner rather than later. Thanks for the memories!

Post Thanks / Like

Green Zubat: Please reply in LightSteelBlue
    See Here

The Power of Two: Please reply in LimeGreen
    See Here

Wildstyle

Having captured your first wild pokemon you take a moment to reflect on all that has happened. It had been an interesting day to say the least, but now it was time to move on and explore the rest of the land of Fizzy Bubbles. After a quick stop at the Pokecenter, of course. After all, it wouldn't be right to set out on your journey without giving Epy a chance to heal up. Besides, your new Level 5 Female Magikarp might need a little check up as well since she got hit by that Water Gun and splashed around on the beach for so long. The Arcane Realm had been good to you, but now it was time to move on. This isn't just the end of the chapter. It is the beginning of a new story. Your story.

I kind of forgot to let you know about the Magikarp. Thanks for reminding me about it. You can use this post or your last one for quoting to prove your capture when you go to the Egg House to request an egg for the first time. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your adventure and I have no doubt you will enjoy many more as you travel through FB. I believe Cascadia here is actively being updated. I also think there are a couple of zones still running over on serebii if you want to check those out. We will also be running a Gen VI event in the near future, so you might want to keep an eye open for that. I will try to remember to post a reminder both here and on serebii about it so that no one misses it. Thanks once again for being such a pleasure to update!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234