The Arcane Realm - FB Training Zone - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 44 of 44

Thread: The Arcane Realm - FB Training Zone

  1. #31
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    19

    Default Re: The Arcane Realm - FB Training Zone

    sweetbbydoll: Please reply in DeepSkyBlue

    A smile adorned your face as you slipped into the water. It was cool, but it was a nice cool, light and refreshing. Epy followed you in, entering the water in a less than eloquent way that you did, his entry into the water being accompanied by a big splash. You giggle as he regains his composure, before the pair of you begin to swim around. You can see a multitude of pokemon swimming underneath you, from the lumpy orange bodies of Magikarp slowly making their way through the water, to the swift Buizel zipping through the water. As you watched a school of Chinchou light up their antennae, giving the water around them a truly beautiful luminescent glow.

    As you watch, transfixed, you don't notice that Epy has decided to go off on his own. You little blue penguin notices a small pink pearl and dives down, wanting to bring you the pearl. However, what he doesn't realise, and doesn't until he actually grabs it, was that the pearl wasn't actually a pearl, but rather it was a Clamperl. A now very angry Clamperl who decides that the appropriate course of action is to clamp down as hard as it can on Epy's midsection. His cries of surprise and pain manage to distract you from the Chinchou spectacle, and you realise what Epy has gotten himself into.

    What will you do?


    Bless the Metal: Please reply in LemonChiffon

    With Chris' Overgrow activating, you decide that it is finally time to go all out. Your grass snake throws his little arms forward, and you can just see a translucent light orange shield flash in front of him, just in time to reduce the impact of the Psychic that Solosis throws forth in desperation. Gritting his teeth, Chris takes a deep breath, and tries to Calm his Mind, going into an almost zen-like state. However, the Solosis suddenly shines white, the white glow overtaking Chris, Snatching away the benefits of his calmed mind. That was not good. Thinking that this is his last chance, Chris places his little hands together, a Ball of Energy forming between. Putting as much energy as he can into it, Chris throws his last chance attack forward, and it slams into Solosis' face, resulting in a large explosion.

    Holding your breath, you watch as the smoke dies down, and you see Solosis just managing to stand up, Chris faring slightly better. Deciding that now is your chance, you throw your Pokeball, which sucks it in. It shakes once, twice... and the red light dies down. You have captured a Lv 4 Male Solosis. Congrats! You walk over and pick up your new teammates ball, and as you do you notice that the little black band that previously sat on its head has fallen off. Maybe it could offer a clue as to who was in charge of the train explosion? After all it couldn't have been a coincidence that the train blew up and then Solosis with his little black band attacked you, especially considering that he had known moves that he definitely shouldn't have known.

    What will you?

    Upon replying to this post, you may now use the services of the Egg House.

  2. #32
    Now 20% Cooler EVs and IVsaurs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Pokémon Daycare
    Posts
    214
    Blog Entries
    4
    Follow EVs and IVsaurs On Twitter

    Default Re: The Arcane Realm - FB Training Zone

    Quote Originally Posted by PikaGod View Post
    The Power of Two: Please reply in LimeGreen
    Okay, you were self updating at the end of your reply when Talluz went and sucked the Slakoth's blood, and I am going to ignore this. If this happens again, then you will have to rewrite your reply. So keep that in mind. Also keep in mind that when battling you can use up to three moves, so please take advantage of this to make things go quicker for both you and me.

    Talluz hears your command to go after Slakoth and flies towards the sloth pokemon, fangs bared. Slakoth lazily looks at the Zubat gunning after it and lazily Scratches at him with its claw. Unfortunatlely for Talluz, the scratch does hit him, temporarly sending the bat to the ground. Sending out an echo so that you can understand what is going on in the battle, Talluz decides to have another go at Slakoth. This time the Slakoth makes no effort to defend itself, which lets Talluz hooks his teeth into his opponent and suck some energy out of it, revitalising himself somewhat. Realising what just happened, Slakoth lets out a cute little roar and once again Scratches Talluz. Talluz tries to flap out of the way, however his left wing gets hit by the sloth's claw. Letting out a little squeal of pain Talluz flaps his way back to you, waiting for new orders.

    What will you do?
    Talluz flew towards the Slakoth teeth bared to try and use leech life on it, but the Slakoth knocked him to the ground with its claws. The Zubat got back up and flew at it again, this time managing to dig his teeth into the Slakoth and sucking some of it’s blood. The Slakoth scratched at the Zubat again; hitting his left wing and making him give a small screech of pain. He then flapped his way back to Jakken with pain in his eyes, not wanting to go into another round, he looked at the scratch and looked at Jakken as if to say "Please, don't send me into another round..."
    "Don''t be a scaredy-cat Talluz. You aren't hurt that badly!" Even after saying that, Jakken felt for the Poké Ball on his belt trying to figure out whether to send Shinkaron, his Eevee, out in place of Talluz, after all, Shinkaron's attacks are stronger than Talluz'. Deciding to get Talluz to fight for a little bit longer, Jakken told him "One more round, all right? Just use a Confusion and two Leech Lifes, if you can't take any more after that, I'll send Shinkaron out in your place." Talluz glumly nodded in approval, he would have preferred if Jakken went ahead and sent Shinkaron out, but despite his feelings about it, he flew towards the Slakoth for an attack anyway.


    {{Stats}}
    Last edited by EVs and IVsaurs; 14th July 2013 at 05:55 AM.

  3. #33
    Eating. Electric Blue Eye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Somewhere off the coast of Nowhere
    Posts
    381

    Default Re: The Arcane Realm - FB Training Zone

    Quote Originally Posted by PikaGod View Post
    Bless the Metal: Please reply in LemonChiffon

    With Chris' Overgrow activating, you decide that it is finally time to go all out. Your grass snake throws his little arms forward, and you can just see a translucent light orange shield flash in front of him, just in time to reduce the impact of the Psychic that Solosis throws forth in desperation. Gritting his teeth, Chris takes a deep breath, and tries to Calm his Mind, going into an almost zen-like state. However, the Solosis suddenly shines white, the white glow overtaking Chris, Snatching away the benefits of his calmed mind. That was not good. Thinking that this is his last chance, Chris places his little hands together, a Ball of Energy forming between. Putting as much energy as he can into it, Chris throws his last chance attack forward, and it slams into Solosis' face, resulting in a large explosion.

    Holding your breath, you watch as the smoke dies down, and you see Solosis just managing to stand up, Chris faring slightly better. Deciding that now is your chance, you throw your Pokeball, which sucks it in. It shakes once, twice... and the red light dies down. You have captured a Lv 4 Male Solosis. Congrats! You walk over and pick up your new teammates ball, and as you do you notice that the little black band that previously sat on its head has fallen off. Maybe it could offer a clue as to who was in charge of the train explosion? After all it couldn't have been a coincidence that the train blew up and then Solosis with his little black band attacked you, especially considering that he had known moves that he definitely shouldn't have known.

    What will you?

    Upon replying to this post, you may now use the services of the Egg House.
    OoC: I know that the adventure isn’t over yet and trust me when I say I don’t want it to end because I’m having way to much fun with it but I just wanted to say thank you for the Solosis!

    Quickly throwing his arms up Chris creates a translucent light orange shield flash in front of him just in time to protect himself from a desperate Psychic attack. Gritting his teeth from the impact, Chris begins to continue on with his orders by taking in a deep breath and tries to Calm his Mind soon going into an almost Zen-state.

    But before he could even reach Nirvana, the Solosis suddenly begins to shine white, overtaking the Snivy as well, quickly snatching away the benefits of his calmed mind.

    Thinking that this might have been his only chance, Chris places his little hands together, forming a small Ball of Energy between them, putting every ounce of energy he could muster and throws it resulting in a giant explosion!

    Holding his breath Ethan watches on as he waits for the smoke to die down, soon noticing that the Solosis that his Snivy had been fighting so hard this whole time was still capable of standing, he decided now was the time to the throw the ball, consuming it inside shaking…once, twice until finally -bing-

    The match had ended; the winner decided...Ethan ran over to his Snivy who was having trouble standing. With enough reason to, he had done a splendid job fighting, especially the last few seconds. Protecting himself from a desperate [Psychic] attack and pulling off an ever impressive [Energy Ball] even after getting his [Calm Mind] stolen.

    "You did it!" the trainer said grinning, holding and lifting the young snake up into his arms.

    A tear formed in the snake's eyes remembering...

    How long has it been…
    Since I've seen you smile like that at me...
    You where a child when we first met…
    And I was barely a week old when we began to play in the back garden of the temple’s grounds
    I never blamed you for what you grew into and the way you decided to treat your fellow Pokemon...that was your families fault...I continued on to follow your beliefs and took anything and everything you threw my way just to make me stronger. I did it, all for you. And even though I rarely see it. The part of you I fell in love with, the part of you, that made you, you. It's moments like these that I'm glad to still be alive.


    ..With a vine wrapped around Ethan, Snivy opened his eyes..

    "What’s wrong?" the boy inquired, "you’re crying."

    To this the snake simply shook it's head before yawning, "Right, you need your rest" Ethan said grabbing a white ball with red lining from his belt and tapping it on the snake's head, retrieving it back inside. "Rest, you deserve it."

    -Sighing- from relief, the man grabbed his stuff from the ground. But when he went over to recover the ball that contained his newly acquired teammate he noted a small black band that was wrapped around the Solosis's head at the begin of the fight had fallen off.

    It couldn’t have been a coincidence the man thought that he was attacked right after the train got targeted. Thinking that it may provide clues as to who might have been behind the bombing; he took it with him and began to continue where he left off. His destination, Medville.


    stats
    Last edited by Electric Blue Eye; 23rd September 2013 at 06:46 PM.

  4. #34
    What are you, a DJ? Wyldstyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    209

    Default Re: The Arcane Realm - FB Training Zone

    Quote Originally Posted by PikaGod View Post
    sweetbbydoll: Please reply in DeepSkyBlue

    A smile adorned your face as you slipped into the water. It was cool, but it was a nice cool, light and refreshing. Epy followed you in, entering the water in a less than eloquent way that you did, his entry into the water being accompanied by a big splash. You giggle as he regains his composure, before the pair of you begin to swim around. You can see a multitude of pokemon swimming underneath you, from the lumpy orange bodies of Magikarp slowly making their way through the water, to the swift Buizel zipping through the water. As you watched a school of Chinchou light up their antennae, giving the water around them a truly beautiful luminescent glow.

    As you watch, transfixed, you don't notice that Epy has decided to go off on his own. You little blue penguin notices a small pink pearl and dives down, wanting to bring you the pearl. However, what he doesn't realise, and doesn't until he actually grabs it, was that the pearl wasn't actually a pearl, but rather it was a Clamperl. A now very angry Clamperl who decides that the appropriate course of action is to clamp down as hard as it can on Epy's midsection. His cries of surprise and pain manage to distract you from the Chinchou spectacle, and you realise what Epy has gotten himself into.

    What will you do?

    Quickly taking in a deep breath Liza dove and swam towards Epy and the Clampearl. Epy squealed in such pain making Liza quickly look around for anything she could use to help her piplup escape but all she saw around her were the mesmerizing pokemon and the underwater sea life that surrounded her. She glanced at some seaweed that gently flowed from left to right. Near the seaweed was a beautiful sea coral that glowed an illuminating and popping color of neon blue. For a second the enchanting scenery easily distracted her, it wasn’t until her piplup made another sound of excruciating pain that she was brought back to reality. Realizing she couldn’t use anything around her, Liza decided to grab Epy from his feet and tried to pull him away from the Clampearl. Seeing what his trainer was trying to do, Epy decided to use pound to disorientate the viscious Clampearl to try to break free.

    [statistics]

  5. #35
    Registered User Stark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,410

    Default Re: The Arcane Realm - FB Training Zone

    Alright, I will be taking over the Arcane Realm here to try to finish things up and get you all adventuring throughout FB. It's been a while since I've updated so bear with me as I shake off the cobwebs. From what I've read, this looks like it should go rather smoothly, so let's have some fun.



    Green Zubat: Please reply in LightSteelBlue

    Rose saunters on over to her opponent and starts to bat her eyes at the Swinub, hoping to Attract the furry pig thing. Unfortunately, though, it doesn't work, though you aren't sure if it is because of its gender or if the scalding chocolate stuck to it is serving as too much of a distraction. With a little squeal, Swinub charges forward, Tackling into Rose's face. Matching her opponent's squeal with her own, Rose lets out some Poison Gas as she falls backwards. The noxious gas wafts over to Swinub, who is unfortunate enough to inhale it. Coughing, the little pig suddenly charges forward again, Tackling into Rose once again. However, you notice that its movements are a lot more sluggish than they were before, suggesting that the poison has taken effect. Picking herself up, and a bit irate at the constant tackling, Rose spits forth an Acid Spray, the acid spraying all over her opponent. Letting out yet another squeal, Swinub opens its little mouth and starts to blowing, whipping up a Powder Snow, Rose being buffeted by the small particles of snow contained within. Both Rose and Swinub took some damage, but both are still raring to to go.

    What will you do?

    The Power of Two: Please reply in LimeGreen
    I cannot find any evidence of your Zubat knowing the move Confusion. Please edit your reply for me or point me to where Talluz knows confusion and I will gladly continue your adventure for you.


    Bless the Metal/Electric Blue Eye: Please reply in LemonChiffon

    After reading through your adventure I am releasing you from the Arcane Realm. You are now free to adventure in any zone. I know you would have liked to have played more with this adventure hook and I encourage you to bring it to the attention of a future updater to see if they would like to run with what was established here. However, you have shown what needs to be shown in that you understand how to roleplay in FB, so there is no reason to keep you in the Arcane Realm. Remember to be careful of self updating and watch that you don't mix past and present tense when writing. Those are the only notes I can see to give you. Have fun wherever you journey takes you.


    sweetbbydoll: Please reply in DeepSkyBlue
    You pull and pull on Epy's legs almost feeling like you are about to rip them right off like those of a cooked turkey on a holiday. The clamperl's grip is amazingly strong. Still, Epy's concern and determination to get free along with your assistance gives the little penguin the right amount of motivation to pound it's fin down hard inside the mollusk's mouth. The two shells that surround the soft interior part as both you and Epy find yourselves drifting backward through the water. You can't be sure, but given the way a few bubbles are floating out of your little bird's mouth, you get the feeling that he is relieved. At least for a brief moment.

    You soon notice a shift in the flow of the water. Where once it was still and peaceful, it now has begun to flow ever so slightly. A quick glance to where the Clamperl was reveals it's two shells are opening and closing as it propels itself through the water around you both. Other aquatic life seem to start getting swept up in this new current as magikarp futilely flounder and the chinchou you noticed earlier are quickly making their way toward calmer water. It doesn't take long for you to realize that the clamperl is creating a whirlpool around you and Epy as you find yourself slowly getting sucked up by the spinning current. It is said that curiosity killed the cat, and right now it appears that cats might not be the only ones it gets given the fact that you are going to have to eventually take a breath of air. The question now is...

    What will you do?

  6. #36
    What are you, a DJ? Wyldstyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    209

    Default Re: The Arcane Realm - FB Training Zone

    Quote Originally Posted by Stark View Post

    sweetbbydoll: Please reply in DeepSkyBlue
    You pull and pull on Epy's legs almost feeling like you are about to rip them right off like those of a cooked turkey on a holiday. The clamperl's grip is amazingly strong. Still, Epy's concern and determination to get free along with your assistance gives the little penguin the right amount of motivation to pound it's fin down hard inside the mollusk's mouth. The two shells that surround the soft interior part as both you and Epy find yourselves drifting backward through the water. You can't be sure, but given the way a few bubbles are floating out of your little bird's mouth, you get the feeling that he is relieved. At least for a brief moment.

    You soon notice a shift in the flow of the water. Where once it was still and peaceful, it now has begun to flow ever so slightly. A quick glance to where the Clamperl was reveals it's two shells are opening and closing as it propels itself through the water around you both. Other aquatic life seem to start getting swept up in this new current as magikarp futilely flounder and the chinchou you noticed earlier are quickly making their way toward calmer water. It doesn't take long for you to realize that the clamperl is creating a whirlpool around you and Epy as you find yourself slowly getting sucked up by the spinning current. It is said that curiosity killed the cat, and right now it appears that cats might not be the only ones it gets given the fact that you are going to have to eventually take a breath of air. The question now is...

    What will you do?
    With Epy now freed, the duo tried to swim up only to later realize the Clamperl had no intention of letting them go and quickly surrounded them both in a Whirlpool.

    Try as they might to fight, the shift in the water current wouldn't allow them and soon they began to be sucked in by the abyss. Liza struggled to keep her breath in, air bubbles escaping her lips all the while Epy watched over her helplessly and concerned for her well being.

    He tried to figure out something to do but the pressure seemed to have caught the smart Penguin off guard. Not being able to commune her thoughts Liza thought for a moment of a solution before placing her hand on the Piplup, bringing him back to reality and comforting him at the same time.

    Holding one hand to her mouth to conserve her air, she waved to her Pokémon with her other and moved it in a circular fashion, spinning some water in a mini whirlpool in the opposite direction the one around them was going. Understanding her plan her Pokémon nodded to her and dove into action.

    Liza’s plan was simple, cancel out the threat without putting any of the other wild life in harm’s way and buying them enough time so she could get some air.

    Profile
    Last edited by Wyldstyle; 10th January 2014 at 08:49 PM.

  7. #37
    Registered User Stark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,410

    Default Re: The Arcane Realm - FB Training Zone


    Green Zubat: Please reply in LightSteelBlue
    See Here


    The Power of Two: Please reply in LimeGreen
    See Here


    sweetbbydoll: Please reply in DeepSkyBlue
    With the water spinning faster and faster around you, your plan goes into motion. Epy soon dives down into the spinning current paddling as best he can to get deep enough to unleash a whirlpool of his own. The little penguin redoubling his efforts in the ever strengthening current in order to help his partner in you. Besides, if he let you down now, who would give you all the pokemon news you require? Right? Resolved to succeed, he perseveres until he reaches the ocean floor where he puffs out his chest and unleashes a Whirlpool of his own from his mouth. At first you can't really feel any change as you find yourself still spinning along with the school of magikarp, but little by little things begin to calm down. Given how much effort Epy is putting into slowing the momentum of the water you are not surprised that your partner's whirlpool soon begins to overpower the efforts of the clamperl who seems to have disappeared from your line of sight. You feel your body is starting to tire from fighting to stay above water, but before your arms and legs get completely noodle-like the water manages to still itself.

    Unfortunately, that isn't the end as you see the clamperl pop out of the water and into the air almost acrobatically. It's shell twisting and turning until it opens right at you allowing you to see the shiny pearl-like form inside. Suddenly a shot of water comes firing at you from inside the clamperl. The Water Gun seems like it is going to inevitably going to hit you right in the face when in the spur of a moment an unlucky magikarp flops out of the water in front of you and takes the full force of the blast. It's tail fin thwacking you in the forehead as the poor fish skips past you across the water several times until it finds itself laying on the beach Splashing around futilely.

    Upon looking back toward the clamperl you find that it has settled itself in a floating position on top of the water with it's shell open staring at you to see...

    What you will do next?

  8. #38
    What are you, a DJ? Wyldstyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    209

    Default Re: The Arcane Realm - FB Training Zone

    Quote Originally Posted by Stark View Post
    sweetbbydoll: Please reply in DeepSkyBlue
    With the water spinning faster and faster around you, your plan goes into motion. Epy soon dives down into the spinning current paddling as best he can to get deep enough to unleash a whirlpool of his own. The little penguin redoubling his efforts in the ever strengthening current in order to help his partner in you. Besides, if he let you down now, who would give you all the pokemon news you require? Right? Resolved to succeed, he perseveres until he reaches the ocean floor where he puffs out his chest and unleashes a Whirlpool of his own from his mouth. At first you can't really feel any change as you find yourself still spinning along with the school of magikarp, but little by little things begin to calm down. Given how much effort Epy is putting into slowing the momentum of the water you are not surprised that your partner's whirlpool soon begins to overpower the efforts of the clamperl who seems to have disappeared from your line of sight. You feel your body is starting to tire from fighting to stay above water, but before your arms and legs get completely noodle-like the water manages to still itself.

    Unfortunately, that isn't the end as you see the clamperl pop out of the water and into the air almost acrobatically. It's shell twisting and turning until it opens right at you allowing you to see the shiny pearl-like form inside. Suddenly a shot of water comes firing at you from inside the clamperl. The Water Gun seems like it is going to inevitably going to hit you right in the face when in the spur of a moment an unlucky magikarp flops out of the water in front of you and takes the full force of the blast. It's tail fin thwacking you in the forehead as the poor fish skips past you across the water several times until it finds itself laying on the beach Splashing around futilely.

    Upon looking back toward the clamperl you find that it has settled itself in a floating position on top of the water with it's shell open staring at you to see...

    What you will do next?
    The swirling water finally stopped as Liza quickly made her way up for air you did it Epy! she thought you saved us! not noticing that the culprit behind the attack was now no where to be seen...

    Gasping for air Liza submerged from the water and for a moment all seemed right with the world as she looked up to the clear sky and shining sun, the Clamperl that had been terrorizing them suddenly jumped out of the water, it's pearl like inner body sparkling before firing off a Water Gun directly at her.

    Prepared to shield herself from the attack a Magikarp jumped in the way of the blast and thwacked her on the forehead, "Argh!" leaving a rather embarrassing red mark as the fish was left skidding along the water until it finally met the sand, Splashing helplessly on the beach. Thanking her lucky stars, Liza mentally was grateful to it for intervening doing so as she rubbed her forehead.

    But as she looked back the Clamperl that was now afloat on the water, shell open and looking right at her. This was a standoff and Liza had no "Gun" to fire. Epy was probably at the bottom of the ocean and her Pokeballs were left on the sandy shores along with her towel..

    Down below in the ocean floor Epy gave a sigh of relief as his trainer made her way above, he also began to swim up while a nagging feeling made him want to go faster.

    Mean while above...
    "What is it you want?" the girl said "An apology?, well then I'm sorry my Piplup mistaked you for a pearl but why not take it as a compliment? pearls are rare and valuable things, beautiful even, so how about it, why not let bygone be bygones?"

    Anything I have to say to get me out of this situation, that Magikarp can't stay above water for too long.


    Profile
    Last edited by Wyldstyle; 3rd February 2014 at 01:42 AM.

  9. #39
    Registered User Stark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,410

    Default Re: The Arcane Realm - FB Training Zone


    Green Zubat: Please reply in LightSteelBlue
    See Here


    The Power of Two: Please reply in LimeGreen
    See Here


    sweetbbydoll: Please reply in DeepSkyBlue
    Clamperl floats on the water listening to your apology. It's pearly face rather difficult to read given it's lack of expression. Although that might not be such a bad thing. At least it isn't attacking you. Or at least not yet if your mindset is glass half empty. Your thoughts quickly turn toward the Magikarp helplessly flopping around on the beach and you begin to wonder just how long it will last outside of water.

    A young boy and a young girl on the beach in swimsuits slowly, but carefully move toward the magikarp. Their eyes wide with excitement.

    "Cool...! Look at that fish!" the boy smiled creeping ever closer to the pokemon.

    "I know...!" squealed the girl, "Do you think it's alright?"

    "Sure it is," the boy replied as he reached out to try to touch the orange fish only to pull back just before he actually touched it, "Maybe we should try to put it back in the water."

    "Okay," the young girl agreed with a nod.

    The kids continue to watch the fish bounce up and down for a few seconds when finally the young boy speaks up and says, "Well what are you waiting for? Put it back in the water."

    "Me?!" the young girl exclaimed astonished, "I'm not touching that thing! You do it!"

    "No way! I don't wanna!" the boy shot back. Within seconds the pair are arguing and drawing the attention of other beach goers. It isn't until a tall, tan, well muscled young man in blue shorts and sunglasses approached them that they stopped.

    "No need to fight little ones. There's a very simple solution to this. If you don't want to touch it we just need to capture it," the man smiled at the kids, "Magikarp make for good eating. I'll just run and grab a couple things and before you know we will feast. Okay? Okay...? Don't worry, this is the humane thing to do. You don't want it to continue to suffer do you? Stay here and guard it for me okay?" The man waited until he got a nod out of the kids before winking at them and making his way back up the beach to get his stuff.

    Meanwhile, Epy bursts out of the water and begins to tread next to you. The penguin's arrival causes the Clamperl to back off slightly and close it's shell a bit. It's cautious action does little to assuage you of it's intentions. It's possible that it is waiting to see what kind of move you will make or perhaps it is waiting for you to let your guard down. Either way you have a choice to make. Face off against the Clamperl or try to save the Magikarp from becoming a meal. Or perhaps even having a bite of it. The choice is yours.

    What you will do next?


    @sweetbbydoll: I didn't mention anything last time because I feel you are doing very well. I still feel that way and really have no advice other than to say, just keep writing like you have been. If you have any questions about anything feel free to ask me.

  10. #40
    What are you, a DJ? Wyldstyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    209

    Default Re: The Arcane Realm - FB Training Zone

    Quote Originally Posted by Stark View Post
    sweetbbydoll: Please reply in DeepSkyBlue
    Clamperl floats on the water listening to your apology. It's pearly face rather difficult to read given it's lack of expression. Although that might not be such a bad thing. At least it isn't attacking you. Or at least not yet if your mindset is glass half empty. Your thoughts quickly turn toward the Magikarp helplessly flopping around on the beach and you begin to wonder just how long it will last outside of water.

    A young boy and a young girl on the beach in swimsuits slowly, but carefully move toward the magikarp. Their eyes wide with excitement.

    "Cool...! Look at that fish!" the boy smiled creeping ever closer to the pokemon.

    "I know...!" squealed the girl, "Do you think it's alright?"

    "Sure it is," the boy replied as he reached out to try to touch the orange fish only to pull back just before he actually touched it, "Maybe we should try to put it back in the water."

    "Okay," the young girl agreed with a nod.

    The kids continue to watch the fish bounce up and down for a few seconds when finally the young boy speaks up and says, "Well what are you waiting for? Put it back in the water."

    "Me?!" the young girl exclaimed astonished, "I'm not touching that thing! You do it!"

    "No way! I don't wanna!" the boy shot back. Within seconds the pair are arguing and drawing the attention of other beach goers. It isn't until a tall, tan, well muscled young man in blue shorts and sunglasses approached them that they stopped.

    "No need to fight little ones. There's a very simple solution to this. If you don't want to touch it we just need to capture it," the man smiled at the kids, "Magikarp make for good eating. I'll just run and grab a couple things and before you know we will feast. Okay? Okay...? Don't worry, this is the humane thing to do. You don't want it to continue to suffer do you? Stay here and guard it for me okay?" The man waited until he got a nod out of the kids before winking at them and making his way back up the beach to get his stuff.

    Meanwhile, Epy bursts out of the water and begins to tread next to you. The penguin's arrival causes the Clamperl to back off slightly and close it's shell a bit. It's cautious action does little to assuage you of it's intentions. It's possible that it is waiting to see what kind of move you will make or perhaps it is waiting for you to let your guard down. Either way you have a choice to make. Face off against the Clamperl or try to save the Magikarp from becoming a meal. Or perhaps even having a bite of it. The choice is yours.

    What you will do next?


    @sweetbbydoll: I didn't mention anything last time because I feel you are doing very well. I still feel that way and really have no advice other than to say, just keep writing like you have been. If you have any questions about anything feel free to ask me.

    Liza was steaming mad as she heard the lack of care for sea life the beach goers had. Not that she was an activist or was greatly knowledgeable in marine life but she knew common sense. Had she been any angrier, the water she waited in would of began to boil.

    With the appearance of her Piplup the young women turned around noticing the Clamperl, clamming up by hiding in its shell while she treaded closer to her little blue penguin, wrapping her arms around him, "I'm sorry again" she says to the Clamperl "but there's something I have to do, and that's correct a mistake we both made. If you care anything about your fellow water types, you'll let me go. Because if it wasn't for our Whirlpools that Pokémon that’s about to become food would safely be at the bottom of the sea."

    Holding tight to Epy she whispered "Agility" before a white glow over took the water type "and Surf us over to the shore"

    All she needed to do was get to her bag, grab a poke ball and toss it toward the Magikarp...hope for the best and of course give those son of a ****** a piece of her mind.


    OoC: Thank you, though to be honest I'm never sure if I'm doing this right lol I apologize that my response is on the short side, I wasn't sure how to include the conversation in..

    Profile
    Last edited by Wyldstyle; 13th February 2014 at 01:47 AM. Reason: A small edit to some words and rearranging

  11. #41
    Registered User Stark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,410

    Default Re: The Arcane Realm - FB Training Zone


    Green Zubat: Please reply in LightSteelBlue
    See Here


    The Power of Two: Please reply in LimeGreen
    See Here


    sweetbbydoll: Please reply in DeepSkyBlue

    You make your apologies to the clamperl and take hold of Epy. It seems your words must have set Clamperl at ease as Epy manages to catch a wave without any repercussions in the form of an attack from clamperl. So at least that was one less dilemma for you to worry about. Now it was just a matter of taking care of the other matter at hand. Helping the magikarp that inadvertantly protected you from clamperl. Your anger burning at the notion of people making a meal out of the poor stranded Magikarp on the beach while Epy picks up even more speed.

    Upon reaching the beach you rush toward your bag and after a little digging find a pokeball that you throw toward the magikarp hoping for the best. Your eyes follow the arc of your pokeball with a hope of saving the magikarp only to see a hand reach out and catch the pokeball in midair. As you take in the scene a little better, you find that a well-toned shirtless young man had gotten in the way. It only takes a moment for you to realize that it is the same young man who had suggested eating the magikarp in the first place.

    "Uh uhhh... No going and catching a pokemon that isn't yours. We found it first," the young man says with a smile. You can already tell that he is rather arrogant given the way that the cockiness in his voice, "Now if you want to battle me for the right to capture this pokemon to keep I'm all for it. But I have to warn you, I won't go easy on you."

    "Hey mister I thought we were going to eat it?" the young boy who was looking at the fish earlier asked.

    "I was only kidding kiddo. A magikarp would be a huge boost to my team once I train it up enough to evolve it into a gyarados. Might even help me become an elite trainer someday. Besides, magikarp really aren't very good to eat. I know I said they were delicious, but I was only kidding," the arrogant trainer said to the child before tossing out a pokeball that opened in a flash of light that eventually formed into a Lotad. The lotad immediately let loose a mist to re-hydrate the magikarp and then turned back to its smiling trainer. The trainer smiled widely as he turned his attention back to you and Epy, "My name is Tim and this is Corriente. We challenge you to a battle for this magikarp!"

    What will you do?

  12. #42
    What are you, a DJ? Wyldstyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    209

    Default Re: The Arcane Realm - FB Training Zone

    Quote Originally Posted by Stark View Post
    sweetbbydoll: Please reply in DeepSkyBlue

    You make your apologies to the clamperl and take hold of Epy. It seems your words must have set Clamperl at ease as Epy manages to catch a wave without any repercussions in the form of an attack from clamperl. So at least that was one less dilemma for you to worry about. Now it was just a matter of taking care of the other matter at hand. Helping the magikarp that inadvertantly protected you from clamperl. Your anger burning at the notion of people making a meal out of the poor stranded Magikarp on the beach while Epy picks up even more speed.

    Upon reaching the beach you rush toward your bag and after a little digging find a pokeball that you throw toward the magikarp hoping for the best. Your eyes follow the arc of your pokeball with a hope of saving the magikarp only to see a hand reach out and catch the pokeball in midair. As you take in the scene a little better, you find that a well-toned shirtless young man had gotten in the way. It only takes a moment for you to realize that it is the same young man who had suggested eating the magikarp in the first place.

    "Uh uhhh... No going and catching a pokemon that isn't yours. We found it first," the young man says with a smile. You can already tell that he is rather arrogant given the way that the cockiness in his voice, "Now if you want to battle me for the right to capture this pokemon to keep I'm all for it. But I have to warn you, I won't go easy on you."

    "Hey mister I thought we were going to eat it?" the young boy who was looking at the fish earlier asked.

    "I was only kidding kiddo. A magikarp would be a huge boost to my team once I train it up enough to evolve it into a gyarados. Might even help me become an elite trainer someday. Besides, magikarp really aren't very good to eat. I know I said they were delicious, but I was only kidding," the arrogant trainer said to the child before tossing out a pokeball that opened in a flash of light that eventually formed into a Lotad. The lotad immediately let loose a mist to re-hydrate the magikarp and then turned back to its smiling trainer. The trainer smiled widely as he turned his attention back to you and Epy, "My name is Tim and this is Corriente. We challenge you to a battle for this magikarp!"

    What will you do?
    Catching a wave from underneath him Epy began Surfing his trainer to the shore; looking back the trainer noticed that the Clampearl that they had been fighting up until now hadn’t done anything to stop them. With her black hair being pressed by the salty wind, Liza realized that maybe the Pokémon had truly heard the feelings behind her words, she smiled.

    Picking up speed Epy reached the sand much quicker than expected, the trainer struggling against the water. Her body felt heavy due to the whirlpool from earlier almost ripping her to shreds, but none the less she pushed through it. Grabbing her pack from the ground finding inside a Pokeball and quickly tossed it toward the flapping fish. She followed the arc of the ball with her dark eyes, it would have been a bull’s eye if it weren’t for the tanned man from earlier getting in her way and catching her ball.

    "Hey! What’s the big idea-"

    "Uh uhhh... No going and catching a Pokémon that isn't yours. We found it first," he said with a smile, his cockiness showing through his words, it was irritating.

    "Except it isn’t yours!" Liza yelled out. "And techinically it found me!"

    "Now if you want to battle me for the right to capture this Pokémon to keep I'm all for it. But I have to warn you, I won't go easy on you."

    "Hey mister I thought we were going to eat it?" the little boy that had discovered the Magikarp on the beach said.

    "I was only kidding kiddo. A Magikarp would be a huge boost to my team once I train it up enough to evolve it into a Gyarados. Might even help me become an elite trainer someday. Besides, Magikarp really aren't very good to eat. I know I said they were delicious, but I was only kidding," the trainer said arrogantly to the child before tossing a ball and releasing a Lotad who looked at the fish before re-hydrating it with some Mist and turning back at his trainer that was now smiling brightly at Liza and Epy, "My name is Tim and this is Corriente. We challenge you to a battle for this Magikarp!"

    "Haha, you want to fight me? With that?" the young women in her swimsuit said laughing at the notion of fighting a Pokémon with a Leaf for a head and a mustache for a face. "Classic." she said wiping a tear that had formed in her eye, "He suits your personality." She said in a more serious tone, "I’ve no interest in that Pokémon, personally, but if you think I’ll let the likes of you have it, you’ve got another thing coming…the names Liza and this-" she said as her Piplup brought himself in front of her, "Is Epy, this will be a one on one match, winner gets the right to decide what to do with the Magikarp! Of course, it's ladies first!" she said not waiting for a response from the other trainer "Epy use Aerial Ace! While its disoriented use an Icy Wind, and then go into a Blizzard!"


    Profile
    Last edited by Wyldstyle; 23rd March 2014 at 07:57 PM.

  13. #43
    Registered User Stark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,410

    Default Re: The Arcane Realm - FB Training Zone


    Green Zubat: Please reply in LightSteelBlue
    See Here


    The Power of Two: Please reply in LimeGreen
    See Here


    Wildstyle: Please reply in DeepSkyBlue

    "Don't get too confident. We aren't going down that easily," Tim responded as Corriente narrowed his eyes. Clearly your taunts annoyed the other trainer given the way he furrowed his brow at your line about his personality being like that of a magikarp. Epy and Corriente step forward and square off as you give your commands to the little penguin.

    "Corriente! Use Leech Seed! Then Astonish him! Finally let's close things out by Absorbing some of that penguin's energy!" Tim cried out to his partner.

    With their commands given, Epy and Corriente sprung into action. Epy moved first. Running at such a pace that he almost becomes invisible until suddenly he was gone. Corriente's eyes went wide as he looked to see where his opponent had went only to feel Epy slam into him from the side and knock him into a slide across the sand. Epy barely had a chance to set his feet when a seed hits him squarely in the chest. As your partner looks to see what happened to him vines burst forth from the seed and wrap themselves around Epy's body. Suddenly the vines glow red and Epy let's out a squeak as he feels his energy draining in the form of red spheres that fly from your penguin into the water plant. Meanwhile, Corriente has gotten to his feet and looks rather energized even after taking such a brutal hit from Epy.

    "If you aren't even going to keep it, why are you even bothering to fight for it?" Tim asked in between the attacks. Sure he was focused on the battle, but he just couldn't let go of the feeling that Liza was just being difficult for the sake of being difficult. After all, what did he do to her? "What gives you the right to decide who trains what pokemon?"

    Epy begins to take a deep breath in order to release a cold Icy Wind when he feels the lotad smash into him causing him to loose his breath before he could release his attack. It seems the vines wrapped around him are not only sapping his energy, but are also slowing him down a bit. Once more the vines on Epy glow red and you can see him slump slightly as he begins to loose even more energy to Corriente.

    You notice a crowd beginning to gather as people start cheering for each of your pokemon. Some for Epy, some for Corriente. It becomes quite obvious that most of the people don't care who wins or loses. They just want to see a good battle.

    Not ready to throw in the towel yet, Epy narrows his eyes and raises his wings as he takes another deep breath. This time he doesn't give the lotad a chance to attack as he summons an icy blast of cold air in the form of a Blizzard. Corriente can do nothing other than try to brave the chill as icicles begin to hang from his leafy top. The chilled water plant shakes uncontrollably as his eyes glow bright and a series of energy balls shoot forth from Epy into Corriente. Epy once more slumps only to stumble a bit as the vines on him glow red again as more energy floats from him into Corriente.

    Both pokemon are looking tough after just a few rounds. With super effective moves taking their toll on both sides. It is starting to look like this might not be a very long battle if things keep going this way.

    What will you do?


    One minor thing that will help you in the future Wildstyle is to bold attacks when you issue them. This is both for roleplay and for Trainer battles. It helps updaters not miss a move. Other than that, you are doing great!
    Last edited by Stark; 24th March 2014 at 10:47 PM.

  14. #44
    What are you, a DJ? Wyldstyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    209

    Default Re: The Arcane Realm - FB Training Zone

    Quote Originally Posted by Stark View Post
    Wildstyle: Please reply in DeepSkyBlue

    "Don't get too confident. We aren't going down that easily," Tim responded as Corriente narrowed his eyes. Clearly your taunts annoyed the other trainer given the way he furrowed his brow at your line about his personality being like that of a magikarp. Epy and Corriente step forward and square off as you give your commands to the little penguin.

    "Corriente! Use Leech Seed! Then Astonish him! Finally let's close things out by Absorbing some of that penguin's energy!" Tim cried out to his partner.

    With their commands given, Epy and Corriente sprung into action. Epy moved first. Running at such a pace that he almost becomes invisible until suddenly he was gone. Corriente's eyes went wide as he looked to see where his opponent had went only to feel Epy slam into him from the side and knock him into a slide across the sand. Epy barely had a chance to set his feet when a seed hits him squarely in the chest. As your partner looks to see what happened to him vines burst forth from the seed and wrap themselves around Epy's body. Suddenly the vines glow red and Epy let's out a squeak as he feels his energy draining in the form of red spheres that fly from your penguin into the water plant. Meanwhile, Corriente has gotten to his feet and looks rather energized even after taking such a brutal hit from Epy.

    "If you aren't even going to keep it, why are you even bothering to fight for it?" Tim asked in between the attacks. Sure he was focused on the battle, but he just couldn't let go of the feeling that Liza was just being difficult for the sake of being difficult. After all, what did he do to her? "What gives you the right to decide who trains what pokemon?"

    Epy begins to take a deep breath in order to release a cold Icy Wind when he feels the lotad smash into him causing him to loose his breath before he could release his attack. It seems the vines wrapped around him are not only sapping his energy, but are also slowing him down a bit. Once more the vines on Epy glow red and you can see him slump slightly as he begins to loose even more energy to Corriente.

    You notice a crowd beginning to gather as people start cheering for each of your pokemon. Some for Epy, some for Corriente. It becomes quite obvious that most of the people don't care who wins or loses. They just want to see a good battle.

    Not ready to throw in the towel yet, Epy narrows his eyes and raises his wings as he takes another deep breath. This time he doesn't give the lotad a chance to attack as he summons an icy blast of cold air in the form of a Blizzard. Corriente can do nothing other than try to brave the chill as icicles begin to hang from his leafy top. The chilled water plant shakes uncontrollably as his eyes glow bright and a series of energy balls shoot forth from Epy into Corriente. Epy once more slumps only to stumble a bit as the vines on him glow red again as more energy floats from him into Corriente.

    Both pokemon are looking tough after just a few rounds. With super effective moves taking their toll on both sides. It is starting to look like this might not be a very long battle if things keep going this way.

    What will you do?


    One minor thing that will help you in the future Wildstyle is to bold attacks when you issue them. This is both for roleplay and for Trainer battles. It helps updaters not miss a move. Other than that, you are doing great!
    Ooc: I'll try to remember that!

    "A Pokémon has the right, just as much as a Pokémon trainer has to choose who they want their partner to be, that's why!" Liza responded. Though what she said believed it to be true, there was another reason she hoped to capture the Magikarp even though it wasn't her cup of tea, something she wasn't quite proud of...She needed to get out of the Arcane Realm to keep a promise that she and Ethan both had agreed on, he would conquer all the Gyms and she had vowed to earn one ribbon in every category of contests, it wasn't until both their dreams were fulfilled that they could be together. Beside the Magikarp saved her, "You’re also one to talk; you wanted to eat this poor Magi!"

    Looking at the battle unfold, both sides seemed pretty well even, Epy was getting pumped with a crowd having gathered to watch them, some rotting for him while others were rooting for the Lotad to win.

    Liza gritted her teeth; she needed to get Epy to lose the vines absorbing his energy, but how? that’s when it dawned on her the water it could work..."Epy quick Dive into the water to try to get rid of the Leech Seed, then use an Aqua Ring to replenish yourself. And give it another taste of your Aerial Ace!"


    Profile

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •