The Arcane Realm - FB Training Zone
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Arcane Realm - FB Training Zone

Lethal Fiery Warrior enchantress's Avatar

Default The Arcane Realm - FB Training Zone

The FB Training Zone

Unlike other Fizzy Bubbles zones, this zone has been created for the sole purpose of introducing new members to RPing FB Style before venturing into current zones. It gives you a chance to familiarise yourselves with how we work and to experiment and expand upon your RPing skills before moving on.

While the updates I provide here will be far from top quality due to time restraints, they will still provide enough information for you to formulate a decent response and to RP to your highest standard. While updates won't be top-notch, your replies should be as whether or not you're given the ok to leave this zone behind and enter regular zones will depend upon how you reply. You should always be striving to give your replies everything you can as that is what is expected in all FB Zones. Please remember that while FB has Gyms, Contest Halls, Bases, the Arcade, and various other activities as well as Time Out to help pass the time between updates, our primary purpose is role playing and while we don't always expect lengthy replies, we do expect a reasonable degree of quality. Replies don't have to be long to be good as some people are mistakenly inclined to believe.

Rules
    - No less than four (4) lines when replying, and by four lines I mean four complete lines of text. Not three or four words before hitting the enter key and writing another three or four words. Decent and articulate sentences are a must.
    - No chat speak. No abbreviations. No icons/smilies. Type properly or I'll ignore your post.
    - Please proofread posts. It's not only a great way to check for errors, it's also an excellent chance to see if you can expand upon/improve your reply before submitting.
    - ALWAYS quote your update by using the quote button in the bottom right-hand corner of the post. If you c/p and add Quote tags, your post will be ignored. Also, don't quote the entire post, only the update that has been written for you.
    - When using attacks for battle, please state clearly what you are ordering your Pokémon to do, and order no more than three attacks (offensive or defensive) per round of battle.
    - Never take it upon yourself to encounter or capture a Pokémon. The Pokémon you encounter is entirely up to the discretion of your updator. If you've read through the Updates & Replies Thread you will find that there are several reasons for this rule being in place.
    - When in a battle situation, never, ever try to control the moves or reactions of your opponent Pokémon. It's my job to give you an adventure, it's your job to overcome any obstacles I put in your path. Be sure to give clear and precise instructions for the moves you want your Pokémon to use, but don't ever try to control the Pokémon you are battling. I'm hoping I'll never have to PM anyone about editing their reply because they've posted incorrectly. It's embarassing for you, and uncomfortable for me.
    - If your Pokémon has a nickname please don't expect me to know it straight off the bat. After a while I do become familiar with the teams of people I update but when you're new to me I'd appreciate it if you would refer to the Pokémon you have, not call them by name. For example, somebody says, "Blaze use Ember!" Ummm, who/what is Blaze? I know it's a Fire Type, but what is it? A Torchic, Charmander, Houndour??? I won't know unless you tell me.
    - I do ask that you keep a profile of your FB team in your signature which includes your Pokémon, their levels and genders. I do however understand that not everyone wants to do this so if you could, at the very least, post a link to your registration post I'd appreciate it greatly. If you do neither and I need some information about your Pokémon, there's a strong likelihood you'll be skipped.

And lastly, I'm not expecting everyone to start off perfectly here. Mistakes are expected and I'm more than happy to offer pointers/advice when asked for it, as are many FB members. I'm lenient to a point, but if you've been informed about something that has been done wrong and continue to ignore the advice given to correct it, then you will be ignored. End of story.

Now that formalities are out of the way, how about we get down to business? Below are a list of areas you may enter (only one area at a time), so all you need to do is decide where you would like to travel before making your introductory post.

The Arcane Realm

Forest of Adventure (Please reply in LimeGreen)
    According to legend, no trainer can enter this enchanted forest without an adventure befalling them.

Mediville (Please reply in LemonChiffon)
    This well-populated village and its surrounding farmlands contain many low-levelled wild Pokémon suitable for beginning trainers to practice against. Levels are only gained by Pokémon under level 10.

The Graveyard (Please reply in Silver)
    A haunting graveyard where the spirits of Pokémon have been put to rest. At night a thick fog hangs in the air while the restless spirits of those Pokémon with unfinished business rise from the grave, looking for closure that often never comes.

Desert of Illusion (Please reply in DarkOrange)
    A vast desert, filled with all kinds of Pokémon. It is rumored that two special villages can be found here, but is this fantasy or reality?

Ancient Tomb (Please reply in Gold)
    An ancient maze supposedly containing the tombs of long-departed kings which is filled with treasure and danger. You will not be able to leave until you find an escape rope and you can't bring one with you.

The Ocean of Mystery (Please reply in DeepSkyBlue)
    An ocean with many mysteries that have yet to be solved. Only those with Water Type Pokémon can travel these seas, as whenever a ship has set sail, they have never again been seen. What has happened to these ships, their crew and passengers, is anyone's guess, but few are willing to take their chances by travelling out by boat.

Silverton Ranges (Please reply in LightSteelBlue)
    A snow-capped mountain range where many wild Pokémon reside. Many old mines litter the mountainside from the days when silver was heavily mined, but due to the often below zero temperatures, they were eventually abandoned. Rumor has it however, that there are still many valuable ores hidden within the mountains.

Default Re: The Arcane Realm - FB Training Zone

For several reasons the Arcane Realm is being returned to Fizzy Bubbles. From today on, all new members who pass the Registration Test will need to post here for their first adventure and will remain in this zone until their updator releases them into mainstream zones.

Additionally, those who have already been in FB for a while but never had the pleasure of experiencing this zone may post for the duration of a single adventure. If you're still looking for your first capture then this is your chance.

Looking forward to seeing you soon ^^.

A man who looks Forward! Dylan_Cypher's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dylan_Cypher On Twitter Add Dylan_Cypher on Facebook Add Dylan_Cypher on Google+
    Visit Dylan_Cypher's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post

This well-populated village and its surrounding farmlands contain many low-levelled wild Pokémon suitable for beginning trainers to practice against. Levels are only gained by Pokémon under level 10.
    Dylan topped the rise of a gently rolling hill, dust from the ancient dirt road puffed under his feet. Yukihime, his snorunt, road on his shoulders piggy-back style. As far as he could see left and right lush green fields and bright golden farmland rolled off into the sunset. In a dip in the valley below, however, was a fairly sizeable village. The midday sunlight flashing off tin and clay-tile roofs.

"We made it, Yuki, it's Mediville," Dylan says as he heads down the hill into town, "I wonder what sort of hijinks we can get up to here?"

((Team Info))
    Last edited by Dylan_Cypher; 31st December 2012 at 10:47 PM.

Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

Dylan_Cypher: I almost didn't update you here because your post is so terribly short. It doesn't even reach three lines, let alone the minimum requirement of four (approximately 950 characters on a word document - including spaces; Yours is 545 characters which is well below the limit). In future, please make an attempt to roleplay a little or you will be asked to repost.

It's a perfect spring morning, the air is crisp and fresh, and the farms you're passing appear to be quiet and peaceful. This seems to be just the kind of place to visit for some time away from the hectic hustle and bustle of the city, and with the farming village of Mediville now within sight you can't help but quicken your pace now that you're so close to your intended destination. Just as you're approaching the outskirts of town, however, the sound of raised voices attracts your attention and you look to see a couple of youngsters in the midst of a heated battle. The girl can't be more than eight years old and the boy is clearly two to three years older than her.

"But you cheated! You can't take Lily when you cheated!" cries the girl, her voice unnaturally high, undoubtedly due to her distress.

"Prove it ya little cry baby! I won this battle fair and square so you need to give me your Pokémon. Those are the rules, NOW HAND IT OVER!" the boy yells, standing over the child who is holding a Petilil close to her chest.

"You can't have her," the girl replies defiantly, standing her ground against the bully, her voice croaky with fear.

"I can have whatever I want, I own this town," he sneers, snatching a Pokéball from the girl's pocket and using it to recall the Pokémon she's trying to keep from him.

The girl screams with a combination of rage and frustration, and tries to attack the boy who pushes her back causing her to land flat on her rear in a puddle of mud. "She won't listen to you! She'll never listen to you!" she screams, "and you'll be forced to give her back!"

"I'll trade her away in a far off town before I give her back to you," the boy staunts, turning and walking away while the girl is left crying her heart out.

The boy disappears from sight as he enters Mediville leaving you wondering what to do. Approach the girl, follow the boy, or stay well enough out of this as you can't shake a niggling feeling there's a lot more to this than a couple of kids squabbling over a little Grass type Pokémon...

Blog Entries
    Follow Dylan_Cypher On Twitter Add Dylan_Cypher on Facebook Add Dylan_Cypher on Google+

Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

Dylan_Cypher: I almost didn't update you here because your post is so terribly short. It doesn't even reach three lines, let alone the minimum requirement of four (approximately 950 characters on a word document - including spaces; Yours is 545 characters which is well below the limit). In future, please make an attempt to roleplay a little or you will be asked to repost.

It's a perfect spring morning, the air is crisp and fresh, and the farms you're passing appear to be quiet and peaceful. This seems to be just the kind of place to visit for some time away from the hectic hustle and bustle of the city, and with the farming village of Mediville now within sight you can't help but quicken your pace now that you're so close to your intended destination. Just as you're approaching the outskirts of town, however, the sound of raised voices attracts your attention and you look to see a couple of youngsters in the midst of a heated battle. The girl can't be more than eight years old and the boy is clearly two to three years older than her.

"But you cheated! You can't take Lily when you cheated!" cries the girl, her voice unnaturally high, undoubtedly due to her distress.

"Prove it ya little cry baby! I won this battle fair and square so you need to give me your Pokémon. Those are the rules, NOW HAND IT OVER!" the boy yells, standing over the child who is holding a Petilil close to her chest.

"You can't have her," the girl replies defiantly, standing her ground against the bully, her voice croaky with fear.

"I can have whatever I want, I own this town," he sneers, snatching a Pokéball from the girl's pocket and using it to recall the Pokémon she's trying to keep from him.

The girl screams with a combination of rage and frustration, and tries to attack the boy who pushes her back causing her to land flat on her rear in a puddle of mud. "She won't listen to you! She'll never listen to you!" she screams, "and you'll be forced to give her back!"

"I'll trade her away in a far off town before I give her back to you," the boy staunts, turning and walking away while the girl is left crying her heart out.

The boy disappears from sight as he enters Mediville leaving you wondering what to do. Approach the girl, follow the boy, or stay well enough out of this as you can't shake a niggling feeling there's a lot more to this than a couple of kids squabbling over a little Grass type Pokémon...
    Dylan continues his trot down the hill, happy that he's reached Mediville at last. He wasn't looking forward to camping in a field again. True he'd likely only be in town for that day and part of the next but a night in an actual bed was just about the most wonderful thing he could think of.

As he walked Yukihime burbbled from her piggy-back position, "Sno-runt sno-runt sno-sno-runt!" It made him happy to know that his friend was enjoying herself. Little did he know he was about to encounter a scene that would suck all the fun right out of their demeanor.

He came across a boy and girl and heard their exchange. The more he watched and listened the more his jaw muscles tightened and his fingernails dug into the palms of his hands. The nerve of this kid! It was enough to set Dylan's blood boiling. It was enough to make him want to chase down the little bully and give him a swift punch to the jaw and take the Petilil back by force.

He knew that this wouldn't be the best idea, though and so he did his best to keep a cool head. Yukihime had already decided on what route was best to take. The moment the boy had disappeared into town the Snorunt had leapt from Dylan's shoulders and tottered over to where the little girl still sat sprawled in the mud crying.

"Sno, Snorunt, sno?" she asked placing one tiny hand? paw? thing on the little girl's arm as though to comfort her.

Dylan walked over and knelt down in front of the girl, "Are you alright? I saw what happened. I want to help if I can. My name is Dylan, and I'm a traveling pokemon trainer, this wonderfully compassionate snorunt here is my travelling companion Yukihime."

Team Stats

Deadly stare. Electric Blue Eye's Avatar

OoC: I hope this doesn't inconvinces you, I thought to clean up my intro post, nothing from the previous intro has changed, but some major character development; just letting you know.

A young man walked inside the huslte and buslte environment of a train station. He wore glasses on his face and a cap on his head that covered his black wavy hair; He learned long ago that the biggest indicator of person's Identity was a their hair, strange as it may seem.

Ethan walked calmly, trying not to look behind his back too often to see as to whether anyone was following him or paying more attention then they should. It's a hard thing to live like, having a target on your back.

He stopped by a newspaper stand to grab the Times. On the front page was an article with a heading in big bold letters, 'The Phantom under arrest', he read 3 pages full of details of who he was, of his crimes and how Jenny, Police Officer for the Castelia PD had single handily brought the masked art thief to justice 3 night ago.

The Phantom left the paper on the counter and looked at the big clock in the middle of the station.

He had calculated it would take a couple of mintues before the police would discover his empty cell. Giving him enough time to make his escape.
    They sure got one fact wrong about his MO. He never worked alone.

Getting out of the city was hard enough, having to call in a favor from a 'friend' to get him across the desert and into Nimbasa City. It was going to be a little trickier getting out of the region though, with his identity well known now and his assets frozen, his home probably being searched and taken apart; in a matter of hours the world would know him better then he knew himself.

He Grabbed an unattended bag full of things for a beginner trainer to have, along with some pocket change; 3,000 coins worth (who carries so much?, this is why he could never stop being a theif!). He quickly walked toward a crowd of passengers that had just departed their train, He bummed into a couple of people obtaining various things from their pockets: He grinned when he saw he grabbed a pass that allowed him to collect a Starter Egg in the nearest Egg Hut he came across, and a train ticket, one bound for a faraway region with a place he had never heard of.

Team Stats.
    Last edited by Electric Blue Eye; 24th September 2013 at 04:00 AM.

Blog Entries
    Follow Green Zubat On Twitter Add Green Zubat on Facebook
    Follow Green Zubat on Tumblr Visit Green Zubat's Youtube Channel

Silverton Ranges (Please reply in LightSteelBlue)
    A snow-capped mountain range where many wild Pokémon reside. Many old mines litter the mountainside from the days when silver was heavily mined, but due to the often below zero temperatures, they were eventually abandoned. Rumor has it however, that there are still many valuable ores hidden within the mountains.

It all started off well enough: On the first day, sunlight pierced the naked skies effortlessly, bathing the mountains in a rich, orange glow. Temperatures soared as high as 2°C, and stunning vistas of the Arcane Realm lit up in every direction. A charmed start for the young traveller, GZ, and his beloved Trubbish, Rose; By the evening they found themselves already past the snow line, and watching a beautiful sunset together. The next day went similarly also, initially, with a scenic sunrise start and little to hinder their swift ascent. However, the barren wastes of the Silverton Ranges were not known for their charity, and in the afternoon a bitter wind suddenly fell across the sterile, white slopes.

At first, GZ paid little heed to the worsening weather, beyond pulling the hood of his winter coat a little tighter. With at least four layers of clothing on his upper body alone, he thought himself perfectly well-dressed for the occasion. Likewise, he had already returned Rose's shivering form to her Poké Ball a while ago, tucking it into one of his inner coat pockets. Nevertheless, as the day wore on, conditions continued to deteriorate. The sky turned ashen and bleak, as dark clouds rolled in to perch above the mountaintops, blotting out the Sun. Snow soon followed as the temperature began to plummet, combining with the increasingly wild winds to form drifts that flew into GZ's face, obscuring his vision and--

"For fuck's sake! That's the fifth time!" He shouted from the ground. The icy gales had caused him to slip and fall onto the path, which was becoming harder to see as it became further buried by snow. Even so, despite the growing storm, there was no way he was quitting now; his journey had only just begun! He couldn't just give up at the first sign of adversity.

"Still, better at least look for some place to hold up for a while ..." He thought, earache starting to set in. Having briefly checked to make sure everything was in tact, GZ rose from the ground again and marched on with steely resolve, scanning the area for anything remotely useful.

((Team stats))

Last edited by Green Zubat; 19th January 2013 at 11:05 PM.

Hey guys, I'll be taking over from Tess as your updator.

Dylan_Cypher: (Please reply in LemonChiffon)

The young girl lifts her head, her nose sniffling.

"My name is Mia," she sniffled, wiping the back of her hand against her nose. "That bully told me that he wanted to battle. I told him no, but he said that I had to because looked me in the eyes or something and the next thing I knew, he had sent out his pokemon and told me that whoever one would get the other's pokemon."

She took a deep shuddery breath, as tears started to well up again. "I had no choice but to battle him, and then he cheated and took Lily!"

She burst into tears again, still incredibly distraught about her loss. This sure was something, how horrible did this boy have to be to essentially steal a little girl's pokemon?

Mia stopped crying momentarily, and looked back up at you. "Can you get Lily back for me?"

What will you do?

Bless the Metal: (Please reply in LemonChiffon)

You get on the train headed towards Mediville, escaping from the police. With the sense that you are safe, or at least for the time being, you allow yourself to relax. The train itself isn't too full, there are maybe about ten other people sitting spread out in your carriage. All in all, it seems like it is going to be a nice and easy trip.

So nice and easy, that you only realise that you feel asleep at least an hour after when your eyes snap open. The train is now much fuller, and the view outside of the train has turned into a pleasant forest view. Realising that you have actually managed to get away and are now safe, you recline back and let your eyes wander. They sweep over the passengers, each person seeming non descript and boring. All but one. You look over at a young man, who appears to be scared and a little bit anxious. He is erratically looking around the carriage, and he keeps touching something underneath his bulky jacket.

You keep your eye on him as the train continues its path, but surely you are just overthinking it? Unfortunately though, that observation is wrong. The man notices you looking at him and jumps up, his demenour suddenly changing into something a lot more confident. He pulls his jacket open to reveal bombs strapped to his stomach, each the size of a baseball and shaped like a Voltorb.

"No one move, or I blow us all up!" he yelled, his voice strangely monotone.

What will you do?

Green Zubat: (Please reply in LightSteelBlue)

You trudge along, somewhat irritated at the weather. But a little snow never hurt no one, so of course you keep going. However, as you keep walking you notice that that the weather is steadily worsening. Wind starts to pick up, and the snow starts to fall down thicker. It suddenly dawns on you that you need to find yourself some shelter to make sure you don't freeze to death. Quickening your pace, and making sure that you don't slip over, you scan the area around you, trying to find yourself somewhere to stay safe during the storm.

The snowfall increases even further, cementing your decision that you really need to find yourself somewhere to hide. Thankfully, you eventually find what looks to be a small cave, especially relieving sicne the snow had gotten to the point that you couldn't actually see properly. Thanking the stars, you rush into the cave, which is definitely much bigger than it looks on the outside. It smells dank, and the the cave is too deep for the light from the mouth to illuminate it. But it is better than staying outside, that's for sure. Well at least that was what you were thinking before there is a loud "RARGH!"

You freeze in place, and watch in horror as a large Beartic walks out from the black of the cave.

What will you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PikaGod View Post
    [SIZE=1]

Dylan_Cypher: (Please reply in LemonChiffon)

The young girl lifts her head, her nose sniffling.

"My name is Mia," she sniffled, wiping the back of her hand against her nose. "That bully told me that he wanted to battle. I told him no, but he said that I had to because looked me in the eyes or something and the next thing I knew, he had sent out his pokemon and told me that whoever one would get the other's pokemon."

She took a deep shuddery breath, as tears started to well up again. "I had no choice but to battle him, and then he cheated and took Lily!"

She burst into tears again, still incredibly distraught about her loss. This sure was something, how horrible did this boy have to be to essentially steal a little girl's pokemon?

Mia stopped crying momentarily, and looked back up at you. "Can you get Lily back for me?"

What will you do?

Dylan listened to the little girl's story and his anger at the kid's gaul grew greater and greater with each passing second. He was building into a righteous wrath the likes of which he hadn't felt in... but that wasn't the point now. There was only one point to be had in this mess. He had to help this little girl reclaim her pokemon.

"I most certainly can and will, Little miss Mia. First things, first though, let's get you out of that mud," Dylan and Yukihime (Snorunt) helped the little girl out of the mud and after some searching in his bag Dylan found his last clean towl, No biggy, he supposed, I'll be in Mediville long enough to get a little laundry done I hope.

Once she was cleaned up Dylan stowed the towel again and adopted his serious face as they walked on toward Mediville as briskly as Little Mia could manage. While on the way Yukihime did her best to keep Mia cheerful, just before they got to town Dylan turned to Mia again.

"Do you remember what the boy looked like very well or what pokemon he used? I didn't get a good look myself since his back and side were to me the whole time." He asked. This was important. If they were gonna find the brat and teach him a lesson then they'd need to know him on sight.

Team Stats

Bless the Metal: (Please reply in LemonChiffon)

You get on the train headed towards Mediville, escaping from the police. With the sense that you are safe, or at least for the time being, you allow yourself to relax. The train itself isn't too full, there are maybe about ten other people sitting spread out in your carriage. All in all, it seems like it is going to be a nice and easy trip.

So nice and easy, that you only realise that you feel asleep at least an hour after when your eyes snap open. The train is now much fuller, and the view outside of the train has turned into a pleasant forest view. Realising that you have actually managed to get away and are now safe, you recline back and let your eyes wander. They sweep over the passengers, each person seeming non descript and boring. All but one. You look over at a young man, who appears to be scared and a little bit anxious. He is erratically looking around the carriage, and he keeps touching something underneath his bulky jacket.

You keep your eye on him as the train continues its path, but surely you are just overthinking it? Unfortunately though, that observation is wrong. The man notices you looking at him and jumps up, his demenour suddenly changing into something a lot more confident. He pulls his jacket open to reveal bombs strapped to his stomach, each the size of a baseball and shaped like a Voltorb.

"No one move, or I blow us all up!" he yelled, his voice strangely monotone.

What will you do?
    Ethan got on the train with a number of other passengers, each seeming as unimportant as the next.

While last minute preparations took place, the young thief sat himself down near a window seat, placing the bag of things he had acquired a side and waited for their departure.

He looked outside one more time saying goodbye to the city he had adopted for more than a decade.

After a few minutes, the train took off and Ethan finally allowed himself to relax, the steady motion and metrical sound of the train eating its tracks, slowly lulling him to sleep, before he knew it he was out like a light.

An hour past before he opened his eyes again, finding more passengers had come aboard. He yawned, wiping the drool that formed during his nap aside, and stretched, looking outside again, this time greeted by an emerald green forest view whooshing past as the train sped along.

Content with how much distance he had placed, he reclined in his seat and let his eyes wander a bit before having his attention brought to a man across the way that seemed to be picking at something underneath his bulky jacket.

The gentlemen was acting strangely; Ethan simply dismissed this as someone who was just nervous about riding a train, but before he could turn away the man looked back at him, and jumped to his feet, his attitude changed to one full of convictions. The stranger opened his jacket and revealed to everyone on board the bombs the size and shape of a baseball strapped around his stomach, yelling "No one move or I blow us all up!"

Ethan's body was no longer his own, going through a sympathetic fight response; he sprang from his seat and lunged at the perpetrator. Using the adrenaline that now was coursing through in his veins, with all his power and weight he brought the would be mass murder to the ground.

He's hands now entangled around the man's throat, angry that his getaway plan was being ruined by such an amateur, he whispered to the man, "Let's see what'll kill you first me or your bomb."

Team Stats.
    Last edited by Electric Blue Eye; 23rd September 2013 at 06:37 PM.

Blog Entries

Green Zubat: (Please reply in LightSteelBlue)

You trudge along, somewhat irritated at the weather. But a little snow never hurt no one, so of course you keep going. However, as you keep walking you notice that that the weather is steadily worsening. Wind starts to pick up, and the snow starts to fall down thicker. It suddenly dawns on you that you need to find yourself some shelter to make sure you don't freeze to death. Quickening your pace, and making sure that you don't slip over, you scan the area around you, trying to find yourself somewhere to stay safe during the storm.

The snowfall increases even further, cementing your decision that you really need to find yourself somewhere to hide. Thankfully, you eventually find what looks to be a small cave, especially relieving sicne the snow had gotten to the point that you couldn't actually see properly. Thanking the stars, you rush into the cave, which is definitely much bigger than it looks on the outside. It smells dank, and the the cave is too deep for the light from the mouth to illuminate it. But it is better than staying outside, that's for sure. Well at least that was what you were thinking before there is a loud "RARGH!"

You freeze in place, and watch in horror as a large Beartic walks out from the black of the cave.

What will you do?

"Brrrr, I think it's actually colder in here," GZ complained as he staggered into the cave, his teeth now chattering. The wind whistling outside, the weary traveller considered setting up camp. He presumed wild Pokémon would probably be attracted to such enclosed spaces, but he didn't really have much of a choice with the weather. And besides, with Rose & Bramble by his side, he felt reasonably confident that he could handle himself.

"RARGH!"

Correction: had felt.

"Beartic, the Freezing Pokémon", GZ thought, as he watched the white behemoth stumble out of the cavern's depths towards him. He felt the need to move but couldn't. Indeed, time seemed to have stopped the moment he spotted the creature, transfixed by a mixture of not only fear but also surprise. Having lived in Unova most of his life, GZ knew the species well enough to know how powerful and rare they were. In fact, he'd only ever seen one in real life once before. But that was on an official Twist Mountain winter tour, guided by a professional Ranger, and observing from a safe distance. He doubted anyone would come to his aid this time, and he was most certainly not at a safe distance.

He was tempted to try and escape into the tundra outside, but he knew it would be in vain; Ice-types like Beartic were better off in the snow, and he'd stick out like a sore thumb. He was totally trapped: an impassable icy waste behind, darkness & danger ahead. He could see only one course of action. Snapping out of the spell, GZ's hand immediately flew towards his belt.

"Rose, Poison Gas!" He shouted, flinging her Poké Ball to the floor. The cavern entrance was momentarily illuminated in a brilliant flash, before being plunged into the familiar half-light.

"Truuuuu-bbish!" cried the perky Poison-type on appearance, before launching her attack. He knew couldn't evade the Beartic outside, and doubted that he was skilled enough to beat it, but in the dim cavern the fumes might be enough to obscure the beast's vision, and allow them to run past it, deeper into the mountains ... or so he hoped.

((Team stats))

Last edited by Green Zubat; 31st March 2013 at 08:43 PM.

Dylan_Cypher: Please reply in LemonChiffon

Mia stopped and tried to remember what the boy who had stolen her pokemon looked like. "Umm, I think he had short red hair, and his nose was really long, like Pinnochio's. The pokemon he was using was a black dog, with curved bones on its back. I think its called Houndorn or something? I'm sorry but that's all I really know."

You nod your head, sure it wasn't too much information but it should be enough to find this boy. Of course, there was the slight problem of how you would actually go about finding him. You didn't pay attention to which way he ran, because of Mia, and even if you had, surely he would be far away by now? What were you going to do? Well, luckily you didn't need to worry about that, as Yukihime suddenly spins around, obviously hearing something that you can't. She lets out a cry and starts running away, seemingly determined to get somewhere. With a quick 'sorry' to Mia, you take after her, surprised that she can run so fast for a pokemon her size. As you run, you can hear a faint noise. Maybe this was what your Snorunt could hear? Continuing towards your runaway pokemon, the noise starts to get louder, and it becomes clear that it is a pokemon crying out in pain! Finally catching up to Yukihime, you can see the source of the cries. Cowering in front of a Houndour, sporting a very obvious burn mark, was a Mienfoo. And the owner of the Houndour? Well he appeared to match Mia's description of the thief!

What will you do?

Bless The Metal: Please reply in LemonChiffon
    Just a little note, you self updated a bit in your last reply bringing the bomber to the ground, so keep that in mind when replying.

With your hands around the man's neck you threaten the man, thinking that you could stop him from foiling your getaway. Unfortunately, the threat doesn't faze the man. He lets out a deep, gutteral chuckle before he suddenly grabs a hold of your arm and throws you off himself. Slamming into the side of the carriage, you fall to the ground as the man picks himself up.

"You have guts," he says, his voice still in the weird monotone, "But you can't think that you have the ability to stop me, do you? And now you have doomed everyone on this train, for shame."

He goes to press a button on the bombs, and you lunge forward again. This time, you grab latch onto his arm, to try and pull his arm away. Just like last time he throws you off. However, unlike last time, this time you hit a window, which gives way due to the force of the throw. You fly out of the window, and as you hit the ground outside, the force of which makes you feel like you yourself just got hit by a train, the carriage you were just in explodes.

What will you do?

Green Zubat: Please reply in LightSteelBlue

Rose lets out the Poison Gas in hope that you two can get past the ferocius Beartic. Thanks to the enclosed nature of the cave, the gas soon fills it, causing the bear to start coughing and suddenly no longer being interested in you. Grabbing onto Rose you charge past the Beartic and into the dark depths of the cave. Relieved that you managed to get away from a potentially large problem, you soon realise that maybe charging into the dark completely unknown cave may not have actually been the best idea, especially when it also has a now probably angry Beartic living in it. With that realisation in your head, you decide that you really need to keep moving. Unfortunately the cave doesn't appear to like you moving on your own, as you feel you foot suddenly slip on some ice, and soon you are sliding!

Holding onto Rose, determined to make sure that she doesn't get separated from you, you continue to slide with no idea where you were or where you were going. However, soon you see a small amount of light peeking out from a hole, which signifies that you are apparently in an ice tunnel or something. Bracing yourself, you are spit out of the tunnel and instead of hitting something hard, you find yourself landing on something that is actually quite soft. Opening your eyes, you see, thanks to the area being slightly illuminated by something unseen, that you are actually on some type of bedding. Also on the bedding is three eggs, covered up to about half way with the bedding, and strangely enough there is an indent in the bedding that suggests that there might have once been an egg there, and some human looking footprints that lead off into the dark.

What will you do?
    Last edited by PikaGod; 5th April 2013 at 07:15 PM.

Default And the train goes bomb!

Bless The Metal: Please reply in LemonChiffon
    Just a little note, you self updated a bit in your last reply bringing the bomber to the ground, so keep that in mind when replying.

With your hands around the man's neck you threaten the man, thinking that you could stop him from foiling your getaway. Unfortunately, the threat doesn't faze the man. He lets out a deep, gutteral chuckle before he suddenly grabs a hold of your arm and throws you off himself. Slamming into the side of the carriage, you fall to the ground as the man picks himself up.

"You have guts," he says, his voice still in the weird monotone, "But you can't think that you have the ability to stop me, do you? And now you have doomed everyone on this train, for shame."

He goes to press a button on the bombs, and you lunge forward again. This time, you grab latch onto his arm, to try and pull his arm away. Just like last time he throws you off. However, unlike last time, this time you hit a window, which gives way due to the force of the throw. You fly out of the window, and as you hit the ground outside, the force of which makes you feel like you yourself just got hit by a train, the carriage you were just in explodes.

What will you do?

On the floor the bomber struggled, twisting his neck and with an almost robotic sound, the man began to laugh in Ethan’s face.

"You have guts," he said before surprising the young thief by grabbing hold of his arm and throwing him against the carriage where he dropped to the floor, "Argh!" Ethan groaned.

"But," the man said now standing, "you can’t think that you have the ability to stop me, do you? And now you have doomed everyone on this train, for shame."

He goes to press a button on the bombs, but quickly lifting himself up, Ethan takes a linebacker’s stance, almost vividly he could hear the play in his mind Blue 42!, Blue 42!, Hike!, Hike! he charged forward connecting again. Ethan grabs hold of his arm, and tries desperately to pull it away to no avail, the bomber with no difficulty sends the young man through the air, Ethan yells, "Ahhh!" as this time he is sent flying through a window that gives way, Ethan stretches his arm to grab hold of the train, only to have it slip through his fingers tips.

Slamming his back against the ground surrounded by the very trees he had seen earlier, he groans in agony, the impact, ironically, feeling as though his whole body just got hit by a train.

When he looked up to the speeding train, BOMB! A fiery explosion replaced what was the train cart he rode in on.

The fireball that resulted lighting up the way, even feeling the heat from the flames from so far away.

He was responsible for any of the lives lost on the train; if anyone survived he was responsible for their injuries and suffering too. He never was like this, one to care for another human being, what psychopath would? Yet even with the second hand blood stain he now had on his hands the tears wouldn't come, he had no sympathy. He thrashed on the ground punching it until his knuckles began to bleed, and even from the pain, no tears, like a little kid displaying a temper tantrum.

On the ground, he breathed, trying to calm himself down and think. None of this made sense. Too many questions where going through his mind.
    -Who was the bomber?
    -What was his purpose?
    -How was he so easily able to fight back?
    -What was with his weird monotone voice?
    -Was he crazy?
    -Or was he set up by someone else?
    -If there was someone behind this, who was he?
    But the main one;
    -Why?

Ethan again tried to concentrate, this time he needed to think of what he should do next, he sat on the ground and closed his eyes, in the dark realm of his mind he focused on a fixed point, every time his mind wondered he brought it back to that point, until only one thought made the most sense of what to do.

Picking himself up and dusting himself off; he walked until he met the train tracks again, deciding to follow them into the city, where he'd investigate what was going on in this supposed calm town.

Stats.
    Last edited by Electric Blue Eye; 23rd September 2013 at 06:41 PM.

Blog Entries

Dylan_Cypher: Please reply in LemonChiffon

Mia stopped and tried to remember what the boy who had stolen her pokemon looked like. "Umm, I think he had short red hair, and his nose was really long, like Pinnochio's. The pokemon he was using was a black dog, with curved bones on its back. I think its called Houndorn or something? I'm sorry but that's all I really know."

You nod your head, sure it wasn't too much information but it should be enough to find this boy. Of course, there was the slight problem of how you would actually go about finding him. You didn't pay attention to which way he ran, because of Mia, and even if you had, surely he would be far away by now? What were you going to do? Well, luckily you didn't need to worry about that, as Yukihime suddenly spins around, obviously hearing something that you can't. She lets out a cry and starts running away, seemingly determined to get somewhere. With a quick 'sorry' to Mia, you take after her, surprised that she can run so fast for a pokemon her size. As you run, you can hear a faint noise. Maybe this was what your Snorunt could hear? Continuing towards your runaway pokemon, the noise starts to get louder, and it becomes clear that it is a pokemon crying out in pain! Finally catching up to Yukihime, you can see the source of the cries. Cowering in front of a Houndour, sporting a very obvious burn mark, was a Mienfoo. And the owner of the Houndour? Well he appeared to match Mia's description of the thief!

What will you do?
    "HOLD IT RIGHT THERE!" Dylan shouted rushing to put himself between the Mienfoo and it's assailant. He eyed the young man then spoke again through clenched teeth to contain his rage.

"Have you no shame?" His anger was building, but he was aware he may be getting ahead of himself, "You were the trainer who battled with a young girl and her Petilil just outside of town I assume. If that's the case then I have to ask you, How could you do that to another trainer? You have a pokemon as well which means you've been able to befriend one. If that's so how could you separate two friends like that. Not to mention how could you treat pokemon and people the way you did. A person with any shred if dignity or decency doesn't throw a fellow human being to the ground and kidnap their friend!"

By this time Dylan's tone had ascended out of the growl of clenched teeth into full-on accusation. He spun around to indicate the hurt Mienfoo. Yukihime was there doing her best to comfort the creature. Tears nearly came to his eyes at the sight, but indignation drove them down.

"And what is this? How could you possibly make a new friend by fighting them to the point of terror?" He turned back to the young man. The red hair and the long nose both were very obvious and unmistakable features. The fact that this trainer used the same pokemon Mia said she had battled was also damning evidence. He was certain that this was the right guy. He fixed the kid with his best glare of judgement and awaited his reply, all the while worried that the Mienfoo might be more hurt than it appeared.

Team Stats

Blog Entries

Green Zubat: Please reply in LightSteelBlue

Rose lets out the Poison Gas in hope that you two can get past the ferocius Beartic. Thanks to the enclosed nature of the cave, the gas soon fills it, causing the bear to start coughing and suddenly no longer being interested in you. Grabbing onto Rose you charge past the Beartic and into the dark depths of the cave. Relieved that you managed to get away from a potentially large problem, you soon realise that maybe charging into the dark completely unknown cave may not have actually been the best idea, especially when it also has a now probably angry Beartic living in it. With that realisation in your head, you decide that you really need to keep moving. Unfortunately the cave doesn't appear to like you moving on your own, as you feel you foot suddenly slip on some ice, and soon you are sliding!

Holding onto Rose, determined to make sure that she doesn't get separated from you, you continue to slide with no idea where you were or where you were going. However, soon you see a small amount of light peeking out from a hole, which signifies that you are apparently in an ice tunnel or something. Bracing yourself, you are spit out of the tunnel and instead of hitting something hard, you find yourself landing on something that is actually quite soft. Opening your eyes, you see, thanks to the area being slightly illuminated by something unseen, that you are actually on some type of bedding. Also on the bedding is three eggs, covered up to about half way with the bedding, and strangely enough there is an indent in the bedding that suggests that there might have once been an egg there, and some human looking footprints that lead off into the dark.

What will you do?

With a loud “WHUMF!” GZ and Rose made their surprisingly smooth landing.

“Again! Again! Again!” Rose shouted from GZ’s arms, clearly pumped from the rough ride. Her trainer, however, was much less enthused. On the contrary, he continued to stay perfectly still for several seconds after the fact, his only sign of life being his rapid, shallow breathing. With a sudden, deep breath, GZ jolted back to life. As the shaken youth made to stand up, he set Rose down in front of him who, in her excited state, immediately started running around the chamber they found themselves in.

GZ, now left to his own devices, began scanning their immediate environment. Whilst the chamber was only partially lit by an unidentifiable, weak light source, he could still make out certain features, such as the presence of a clutch of eggs grouped in the centre.

“Wait a second ...” he mumbled to himself. “Soft bedding. Eggs. Angry Beartic ... Aw, crap.”

As GZ realised what they had stumbled upon, a sinking feeling hit him straight in the pit of his stomach. This wasn’t just any underground chamber, it was a nest. All it was missing was a furious mother looking to rip him a new one, and he was guessing she’d come sliding down after them any minute now.

Thinking fast, he quickly looked around for exit points, of which there appeared to be only two: the ice tunnel he and Rose had just fallen out of, and another shadowy passage opposite it. GZ began pacing around the nest, weighing his options. Whilst he was sure the ice tunnel would lead back outside where they had come from, they’d probably run into Beartic before they managed to reach the exit. On the other hand, they’d barely set foot in the caves before they ran into trouble earlier, so going even deeper into the mountains, as the dark passage probably went, may not be such a hot idea.

“GZ!”

“Not now, Rose,” her trainer replied, mentally mapping out their options. If they wanted to go through the dark passage, he could have his Turtwig, Bramble, use Flash. But that would only draw more attention to them, something which he definitely did not want to do ...

“But GZ, it’s important!” She urged.

“I said no, Rose,” he replied again in a testy tone, before resuming his train of thought. Elm, his trusty Hoothoot, could see in the dark, and he could fly, so they could have him quickly scout out the new tunnel and return back ... but then that would require GZ & Rose stay here, something which was also not an option. And besides, if Elm didn’t make it back ...

THWACK!

Suddenly, GZ was knocked backwards as his Poisonous partner leapt up and delivered a quick Pound right in the kisser.

“Rose, what the Hell!?” GZ shouted, his right cheek now red raw.

“Look!” She insisted, pointing with a green appendage towards the central clutch of eggs. GZ went to examine the eggs. After a couple of seconds, he was about to complain about not getting what she was up to when he noticed something: next to the three eggs he’d been pacing around was a small depression in the ground, and next to that was a set of suspiciously human-looking footprints disappearing off into the shadowy path. He hadn't even realised the marks were there in the gloom, but Rose, who's eyes were much closer to the ground than his, had easily done so.

“Someone must have poached one of Beartic’s eggs!”

“That’s what I was trying to tell you!” said Rose, “we’ve got to find the thief--Beartic'll be so sad if she sees one of her babies are missing!”

“I think she’ll be a little more than sad if that happens, girl,” GZ replied, starting to get a sweat on despite the subzero temperatures.

“If Beartic comes back she'll find one of her cubs gone, and our scent all over the place!” He thought. Taking off his white, cotton hat, he ran his fingers through his teal hair as stress relief. “If we don’t find the real culprit, she’ll hunt us down instead!”

“Well come on! What are you waiting for?” Rose asked, already waddling towards the dark passage.

“Wait, hold on,” said GZ. Hesitating momentarily, he then had an idea. Taking one of his Poké Balls from his belt, GZ clicked the button in the middle. Allowing the red and white sphere to grow to full size before lightly throwing it to the ground. A white light erupted from the tiny ball, quickly reshaping itself.

“Brrrrr, it's a bit nippy!” said Elm upon materialising in mid-air. He began circling above GZ's head to warm up a bit whilst the young man caught Elm's returning, empty Ball.

“OK, Rose, you snuggle up in here,” GZ then instructed, getting down on his knees to allow the Trash Bag Pokémon to tuck herself away into his thankfully spacious backpack, zipping it up halfway. In all honesty, he would rather she return to her Poké Ball, just so he didn't have to keep an eye on her, but she was clearly intent on bringing the thief to justice and helping Beartic out herself. Besides, she wasn't the type to just wander off when told not to, unlike some of his other team mates.

“Alright now, Elm, if I hold onto your foot, you can lead us through the dark passageway over there,” said GZ.

“Why don’t you just have Bramble use Flash?” Elm asked, descending from the space above his head to hover in front of his trainer.

“Trust me, we’ve drawn enough attention to ourselves already.”

“Why am I not surprised?” the cheeky Flying-type snarked.

“Yeah yeah, less talk, more walk. That is, unless you want all of us to end up as Beartic bait, ” said GZ, pointing to the egg shaped depression in the ground, which Elm’s excellent eyesight would make out much more easily than GZ’s would.

“Didn’t realise we’d gone rogue,” his feathered frend said with a raised brow.

“Not us, silly, we need to find the culprit, preferably before the mother gets back,” GZ replied, holding out his hand towards the lippy partner rather urgently. Without another word, Elm flew closer to the young man, allowing him to loosely grip his friend’s visible foot as if he were holding onto a Drifloon. Elm then turned 180 degrees around in GZ’s grasp before leading them forwards briskly.

"And remember, if you see anything unusual or alarming, keep your voice down," the wary traveller cautioned his guide, before being swallowed by the dark once more.

((Team stats))

Last edited by Green Zubat; 17th April 2013 at 03:30 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast