Wings of Hope

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wings of Hope

Glorificent!!!11eleven Seadra Reef's Avatar

Default Wings of Hope

Author's Notes: I established myself on the original BMGf with this fiction, so I figured I might as well re-post it. Yup. And just because it's a repost, doesn't mean ya'll can get lazy and not submit any reviews. Reviews are what inspire me to write, something I haven't been able to do in almost two years. So, please, REVIEW. X_X

Prologue

"What are you waiting for, Seadra?!" Andy shouted, "Finish him off!" She ordered.

I gulped and looked down at the man who had destroyed so many lives, including our own. I wasn’t sure exactly what I felt when I looked down at his terrified expression. He deserved to be killed for his crimes, but nothing would come of it. It was hard to believe a few minutes ago he had the chance to kill Andy, Carol and myself. We’re different from regular teenage girls—we have wings and special elemental powers. It’s hard to explain the whole story, but it started with the man I was given the chance to kill right then and there, Mason.

Carol, Andy and I don’t consider ourselves human-enough to walk among regular people down busy streets like most. We have wings and strange powers of different elements. While I had the ability to use electric attacks like a Raichu, Andy could use the fire attacks of pokemon such as Ninetales and Carol used water attacks like a Lapras. It’s a long story with how we got these abilities and who Mason was…

"Seadra!" Andy screamed as she smacked my back with one of her wings, "Just finish him off with an electric attack!" She gave me one of her unforgiving glares. With her flaming red hair, blond bangs and ocean-blue eyes, her glares were just brutal. Andy’s the oldest of us three, and the most mature.

I looked back down at Mason, the one I used to look to—the one I trusted with my life. The golden rings in his eyes were almost gone and his sweat messed up his brown hair and dripped down his scar. He wasn’t running, he wasn’t going to, I knew it. He knew he was trapped, you could tell by the look on his face. He wasn’t going anywhere. Any slight movement he would make would probably result in Andy, Carol and I to attack him all at once with our strongest attacks. Normally, we would have our pokemon with us to back us up. But this was between him and us.

I looked behind him to see Carol. Her wings were tucked in onto her back and I could see the tenseness in her green eyes. Carol was always the tense one of us. She was always shy and nervous, but not now. I had never seen her so intense in my 15-year life. For the first time, we just went out and did whatever she felt was right, or more what Andy thought was right, which was to kill Mason for everything he did to us.

"If you don’t do it, Seadra, I will." Carol said in a straight tone. She was serious, this was really important to her.

But I thought to myself, it wasn’t right; I didn’t want to do it. I couldn’t, and I wouldn’t let Andy or Carol do it either. I looked back to Andy with a serious expression, "No. I won’t do it. It’s not right. It doesn’t matter what Mason did, no matter how awful. We’ve done enough to him. We already destroyed his own life. There was no need to take it away now. Please… Andy…" I pleaded.

"Are you thinking straight, Seadra?" Andy growled, "Don’t you remember everything he did to us? Don’t you remember what he did to Victoria?! Shoot, stop and think about it, damn it!"

Suddenly, red lights from around the lab-like room began to flash and whirl around. An alarm went off and its rings stung my ears. The walls began to shake and glass jars and other strange objects began to fall off the shelves around the room. Andy and Carol looked around, trying to figure out what caused the place’s alarm to go off.

Suddenly, from the corner of my eye, I saw Mason take advantage of the situation and reach into one of his pockets of his leather jacket and pulled out a pistol. He had it aimed straight at me. I froze. I could see straight down the hole where a bullet could shot out of in a split second. Carol and Andy paused. They knew if they tried anything, he could fire. It was then everything that had happened in the past two years flashed right before my eyes.

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Interesting...

Author's Note: Yes... For anyone who hasn't read this before, I'll let you know now that this fic does get dark, angsty and somewhat mentally sick. Yes.

Chapter #1

It all started two years ago. I lived among my mother and my father. They both loved me with all their hearts and would never choose anything over me. I was always number one with them; they would never push me aside. They loved me more than anything.

My mother was beautiful. She had navy-blue eyes, a light toned skin and flowing black hair that went down to her waist. Meanwhile, my father had dirty-blond hair, green eyes and a strong build. I was a mix between them. I had my father’s blond hair mixed with my mom’s long, flowing hair, my mother’s navy-blue eyes and most of my father’s personality. While my mother was sometimes stubborn and would always look before she leapt, my father was the complete opposite. He would jump into situations without concitering consequences and wasn’t stubborn at all.

My mother had a huge obsession with her favorite pokemon, Seadra. When I was born, the first thing she did was name me after her favorite pokemon—my name is Seadra, Seadra Reef to be exact. My father loved the name, he always said it suited me, though I didn’t believe it much.

Of course, my family wouldn’t be complete without my loyal pokemon, Raichu. Raichu was found as a Pichu soon after I was born. In fact, the night we took Pichu in from a storm, a Team Rocket member attempted to break into our house, but Pichu used a Thunder Shock attack and scared him off. For that, we kept it. Now, Raichu is my pokemon. I love it just as much as my parents love me.

My life was pretty normal for most of my life. That is, until I turned seven. I was playing with Raichu one day when I stumbled into my parent’s closet. There, I found a beautiful painting of a woman wearing flowing silk clothing standing infront of a sunset. What was so special about this painting was that the woman had wings.

When I mentioned the painting to my mother, she quickly covered my mouth. "Quiet, Seadra! Your father might hear!" He growled as she hurdled me into my room and closed the door. She seemed awfully nervous, and I didn’t understand why.

"What’s wrong?" I asked her as Raichu hopped onto my bed, which was its favorite place to lay down. I sat down on the carpeted floor, looking up at my mother.

She looked down at me, almost sweating. "I’m sorry." She sighed and turned away, "I over reacted that’s all…" She paused for a few moments, then continued, "I guess I should explain. I’ve kept it away from you for too long…"

I blinked, "Kept what away?" I asked, baffled.

My mother had a tear rolling down her cheek and her hands were shaking. I didn’t understand what was wrong. "I’m not like your father. I’m not like most of the people you see walking down the streets. Seadra, I’m a Rukonian."

I froze, almost as if time had paused itself. I remember my father telling me about the Rukonians. They were a race that once lived on a remote island out in the largest ocean called Rukonia. The place was only discovered about a century ago. Rukonians were known as the winged people. They had wings on their backs, but they could hide them beneath their skin. When they did that, you couldn’t see them at all. When the people who discovered the island declared it as their own, the Rukonians fought back to protect their land. A huge war broke out. During this war, many of the Rukonians fled Rukonia in an attempt to save their own lives. Soon after, around seven decades ago, a bomb was dropped down on the island—no one survived the blast. From then on, all Rukonians that were found in Kanto were killed. I never understood why the people of kanto and Johto hated the Rukonians so much, but I never asked about it.

"Mother… Are you saying I’m a Rukonian too?" I asked, my voice was shaking. If it was true, that meant my own life was in danger. If anyone knew about it, they could easily report me to one of the anti-Rukonian groups. They were known to attack Rukonians, sending them to hospitals. Sometimes, they would even kill.

My mother didn’t say anything for so long, that it felt like hours, even though it was only minutes. "Yes…" She finally replied, "You have wings. You sprouted them when you were first born, but your father wasn’t there. He hates Rukonians, he doesn’t know I’m one. Please, don’t let your father know. If he finds out, he’ll report us to one of those Anti-Rukonian groups… You must keep this a secret… Don’t tell anyone. Your life will be in danger…"

I nodded quickly. Knowing I was a Rukonian was like being cursed. If anyone found out that I was one of the winged people from Rukonia, I could get myself beaten in the middle of a street or even killed. The thought brought tears to my eyes. I was only seven years old; it was hard to believe this was happening.

"Mother… Why didn’t you tell me earlier?" I finally asked.

She looked at me—almost crying. I felt bad, though I knew this wasn’t my fault. "I thought you could live your life not knowing… But I know now that you should know. This doesn’t mean you can’t still play with all your friends. Everything will be the same. Just be a regular seven-year-old girl, Seadra. But you must remember to hide your wings. Never let them out. Don’t let anyone know of them. Do you understand?"

I nodded.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Years past since that day. During that period, I grew up a lot. I spent more time training my Raichu and Eevee I got as a present from my grandmother. Raichu seemed to get stronger everyday and so did Eevee. I did wonder why Eevee never evolved into an Umbreon or Espeon, but it didn’t matter. I loved Eevee just the way it was.

I began to wonder what it would be like to gather official gym badges to get into the Pokemon League. The thought of travelling around Kanto and training pokemon always excited me, but my mother forbid me from doing this. She told me that I couldn’t, because it was a risk for me, a Rukonian, to be travelling around so much.

When I turned 13, a huge chain of events changed my life forever. I just got back home from the park where I trained Raichu and Eevee to find my father there, just glaring at me. At first, I didn’t understand what was going on, so I tried to walk past him, but he grabbed my shoulder and stopped me.

"What is it, father?" I asked as I looked up at him. Eevee was perched on my head and Raichu stood beside me. Both of them had their ears folded back.

My father just looked at me—it felt like hours and I was beginning to get tense. Why was he staring at me like that? I didn’t do anything wrong. Finally, he spoke up. "I know." He said in a straight tone. His expression didn’t change.

I blinked, "Know what, father?" I asked.

"You’re a filthy Rukonian, Seadra." He growled. Before I could say anything, he threw me onto the floor. "You’re a Rukonian!" He shouted angrily and kicked my stomach.

I cringed at the kick. For a few seconds, it felt like I couldn’t breathe. I lifted myself up and looked up to my father. How did he know I was a Rukonian? How? "Father…" I started, whimpering. I didn’t get to finish my sentence—he kicked me again.

"Your mother is one too, isn’t she? You two and all from her side of the family are all filthy Rukonians!" He was screaming by then. My ears rung from it and tears began to roll down my cheeks. "Speak up, Rukonian!" He demanded.

I didn’t know what to say. I didn’t want to tell him my mother was a Rukonian too. He would send us both and all from her side of the family to one of those Anti-Rukonian groups. I wondered how he found out. I didn’t understand how he knew. I didn’t reply to his questions—I wasn’t going to.

"Rukonian!" He shouted at the top of his lungs. I prayed that my mother would come home from the grocery store soon before he kicked me again. I got lucky, it was then the door opened and she walked in.

"Seadra!" She gasped as she saw me lying on the floor, holding my stomach with tears rolling down my cheeks. She looked at my father with a look of shock, "What do you think you’re doing?!"

My father gave my mother the same glare she gave me, "You’re a Rukonian. Admit it. Seadra’s one. You’re one too. Admit it." He used the same straight tone. His hands were in fists. I had never seen him so angry. Again, I wondered how he found out.

My mother shook her head, "Please… Please understand." She started, "Yes, it is true, Seadra is a Rukonian… But I’m not…" Her voice was shaking. I couldn’t believe what she had just said… She told my father she wasn’t a Rukonian, but I was! What was going on?!

"How is that possible?" He asked. He looked down at me. I was about to get up, but he kicked me down again. I decided not to try to get up until this was over.

Tears began to form in my mother’s eyes. Her hands were shaking and she hid them behind her purse so my father couldn’t see. "Seadra is adopted. Our baby died at birth, but I didn’t want to except it… So I asked the nurse if there were any newborn abandoned babies there. There was, but only one… Seadra. I adopted her, so you wouldn’t be upset. They told me she was a Rukonian, but I thought if she never knew, it would all be okay… I’m so sorry… I should’ve told you…" My mother then broke into tears. She lied! She was lying! I knew she was! But what she said still made me cry. I cried because I was scared with what my father would do to me.

But, it was then I realized why she lied. If she admitted to being a Rukonian, my father would not only report me to an Anti-Rukonian group, but my mother and all of her family as well. My father hated Rukonians more than anything—but I never knew why.

My father seemed to believe her. He smiled and walked over to her and hugged her. "I’m sorry I accused you of being one of those filthy Rukonians. You’re such as wonderful woman, no Rukonian could be as wonderful as you are." He spoke softly to her and ran his hands through her hair tenderly.

Raichu looked at me and folded its ears back; "Chuu…" it sighed as Eevee began to lick the tears from my cheeks. I lifted myself up onto my knees and hugged them both close to me. I wasn’t going to say anything to my father. I decided to keep my mouth shut and see what he was going to do.

"You didn’t deserve to have to raise a Rukonian, my wife." My father continued as she cried on his shoulder. I knew she wasn’t crying because she raised a Rukonian, she was crying because of her lie. She knew what could happen to me. I wasn’t going to protest though, as long as my mother and her family were safe, I guessed it would be better off that way. My father then turned and looked at me, "Rukonian," he started, "get up. Let’s go."

I didn’t say anything as I got up onto my feet, holding Eevee in my arms. My father walked out the front door and I followed along with Raichu. Before walking out the door, I looked to my mom and whispered, "It’s okay, mother. I understand…" To this, she cried even more. I sighed and followed my father, who felt like a stranger, into the car. He drove down the busy streets of the rough parts of the city before he finally stopped infront of a huge building. I knew what it was—an Anti-Rukonian group building. I gulped.

My father got out of our old car and I followed him, still not saying anything. Raichu stayed by my side as we entered the building. Every second felt more and more tense than the last. I was scared. After walking up several fleets of stairs, we made it to a room where a man sat. He looked at us with an expression that scared me even more.

"What do you want?" He asked as he lit up a cigarette. "I got a meeting in twenty minutes…" He muttered as he sat down on one of the wooden chairs in the room. The walls were leaking and the room carried the smell of several cigarettes.

My father sat down on a chair on the opposite side of the room. I just stood by the door as Raichu and Eevee whimpered. They were just as scared as I was. "This girl…" My father sighed, "She’s a Rukonian. A filthy Rukonian. I found her with her wings spread in a park. Do what you want with her. Get rid of her." I couldn’t believe what she was saying. I remembered when my parents loved me more than anything in the world. They would do anything for me, anything. Now, my father was literally getting me killed.

The man looked over to me. His glare made me shiver and I hugged myself tightly. I wanted to go home… He began to talk, but I didn’t bother listening. I wanted to get out of there. It didn’t matter what I had to do—but I wanted to get out. I noticed a large window only a few feet away from where I stood. I looked back at the man and my father, making sure they weren't watching me. When I was sure they weren’t, I ran for the window. I had to act as quick as possible. Using my elbow, I smashed the glass and leapt straight through the window. The hit hurt like hell, and I got some of the glass in my arm. I still had Eevee in my arms and Raichu followed me quickly. It then occurred to me how high the building was. Before I could think through it, I slammed into a Dumpster filled with garbage. I was lucky; not much of the garbage was very solid, so I didn’t get hurt too badly. But Unfortunately, I slammed my head against something that was hard enough to get me into a daze for a split second. I shook it off though.

Raichu landed beside me and I looked over it quickly to make sure it was okay. I could hear shouting from above. I looked up to see my father and the man there, shouting loudly for people to catch me. I stumbled out of the Dumpster and ran down the cold, empty streets as fast as I could. It was dark out, so it made getting away easier.

As I ran down an alley, I looked behind me to make sure no one was following. Unfortunately, it was then when I ran straight into someone. I was knocked back by the impact but I got up quickly. I looked up to see a male. He had golden colored eyes, ruffled brown hair and a scar running down his right cheek. I began to back away slowly and nervously.

"You’re a Rukonian?" He asked as he approached me. I didn’t say anything. "You are one. I know it. Come with me, I know a place you can hide." He said softly as he extended one of his gloved hands out to me.

I had nowhere to go, and no one to turn to. I nodded quickly and he grabbed my hand and we ran down the alley. My mind was spinning. So much had happened that day. I couldn’t stop thinking about my mother’s lie and my father’s harsh words. I think it had something to do with hitting my head, because in a matter of seconds, I began to get dizzy and I collapsed.

Blog Entries

Originally posted by Seadra Reef
    Author's Note: Yes... For anyone who hasn't read this before, I'll let you know now that this fic does get dark, angsty and somewhat mentally sick. Yes.
    A girl after my own heart.

Very cool fic so far, I'm quite interested to know what'll happen next.

I remember this. ^__^ I loved this story and somewhat idolized it. :) Yay "Wings of Hope" is back! The only fic I fully read at BMGf. And then it went down. :( But now it's back up! And Seadra Reef is back. And the world is good.

I just love how everything moves with description interlaced and all.

Chapter #2

When I first awoke after passing out in the middle of the alley the previous night, I didn’t bother to even open my eyes in fear of what I might see. I couldn’t remember much of what had happened. All I could remember was seeing my father yelling at me and kicking me. It took a few seconds before I could remember all the details. It was then I realized where I was. My eyes snapped open and I lifted myself up quickly to see three girls and the male who said he’d help me the previous night.

"I see you’re awake. How are you feeling?" The male asked as he sat down on a small stool beside the bed I laid on.

I felt tired, and I yawned. I looked at the three girls. They all appeared to be of different ages. The tallest one had long, flowing black hair and green eyes. She was wearing a white turtleneck top, an olive-green skirt and brown boots that went up to her knees. Beside her, was a girl a bit shorter than her. She had ocean-blue eyes, long flaming red hair and blond bangs. She wore a short red tank top and jean bell-bottom pants. She also had a tattoo going around her right bicept. The last girl seemed a lot younger than the other two. She had long purple hair in a ponytail and mint-green eyes. She wore a sleeveless top with a turtleneck, which was pink and a short dark purple skirt. She was wearing sneakers and long socks that went up to her knees. But that wasn’t all… They all had wings—they were Rukonians.

I looked back to the male and nodded, "Uh yeah… I’m fine. Thanks. Who are you? Where am I?" I asked. The room I was in was lit only by a nearby lamp. It was pretty dark; there were no windows. There were a few chairs, a table and a few beds around the room. I counted three beds, not including the one I was on. My arm hurt, I quickly glanced at it, only to find several cuts on it, and some small peices of glass in some of the deeper gashes.

The black-haired girl stepped forward, "This man who saved your life is Mason. He protects us Rukonians. If it weren’t for him, all of us would’ve ended up in the hands of the Anti-Rukonian groups. You should thank him." She explained as she sat down beside the bed.

I looked back to Mason and smiled, "Thanks… Thanks a lot." It was then I realized Raichu and Eevee weren’t there. I looked around franticly, fearing they were left behind the night before. "Where are my pokemon? Where’s Raichu and Eevee?!" I asked.

Mason smiled and got up and walked out of the room. I figured Raichu and Eevee were okay and that Mason had just gone out to get them, so I calmed down a bit. I decided I’d get to know the three girls. I looked to them, all but the red-haired girl smiled at me. "Who are you?" I asked.

The black-haired girl replied to my question again, "I’m Victoria." She pointed over to the red-haired girl, "That’s Andy and this is Carol." She explained as the purple haired girl sat down beside Victoria. "Like you, we’re Rukonians. Mason helped us all out when we managed to escape from that Anti-Rukonian group building."

I nodded, "My name is Seadra, Seadra Reef". I explained. Victoria nodded. "Is Mason a Rukonian too?" I asked. It made sense for him to be one too. Why would a regular person want to help a bunch of Rukonians anyways? From the way things were, it seemed almost all regular people hated us. I felt it was really unfortunate though.

Andy looked over to me and shook her head. "No, he’s not. And honestly, I don’t know if I trust him. I think he’s hiding something from us…" She looked back to Victoria, "I don’t understand why you think he’s so great and all." She muttered.

Victoria sighed, "I’m sorry. But Andy doesn’t think much of Mason, even though he saved her life. I think we should all respect and trust him. He’s done so much for us."

I nodded and began to fiddle with my hair. I hopped Mason would get back with Raichu and Eevee soon. I was beginning to get worried about them. I closed my eyes and thought about the previous day. It scared me to think that I may never see my mother again. My father probably hated Rukonians enough to post pictures of any known ones on buildings so people will catch them. Again, I glanced over at the cuts and gashes on my arm with the tiny peices of broken glass in them. I remembered there being alot more glass in my arm the previous night from when I jumped through the building of the Anti-Rukonian group. I figured Mason and the three girls had removed them.

I then heard footsteps from behind. I spun around to find Mason there, smiling. He had Eevee curled up in his arms, sleeping, and Raichu beside him. When Raichu saw me, it ran over to me, shouting loudly. I smiled and spread my arms out and it jumped into my arms. I hugged it tightly, relieved it was okay. "Raichu!" I cried. I looked up at Mason as he walked over to me. He laid Eevee down beside me on the bed. It opened its eyes slightly and smiled at me. I stroked it’s fur gingerly, "Are you okay, Eevee?" I asked. It nodded and Raichu hugged me again.

Mason sat down on a chair beside the lamp. I looked back to Victoria as she helped Carol brush some dirt off her wings. I began to wonder how I could get my wings to show. I had never done it before since I was just a baby. Perhaps Victoria, Carol or Andy could tell me. "Victoria?" I asked. I figured asking her would be best. She seemed to be the oldest of the three girls.

Victoria looked back at me and smiled warmly in a motherly way, "Yes, Seadra? What is it?"

"How do I spread my wings?" I asked nervously. I felt kinda stupid asking that question. The three girls probably all thought I knew how to already. I was probably the only Rukonian in the world who didn’t know how to spread her wings.

Victoria walked over to me and sat down beside me on the bed. Raichu moved aside for her and in the process, tripped over Eevee. In a matter of seconds, the two pokemon were running around the room, chasing each other and laughing. "You have to concentrate at it. It’s just like flexing muscles. Push out from your back. Try."

What she said didn’t make the most sense in the world to me, but I gave it a shot. I closed my eyes and pushed my back out. At first, nothing happened. When I tried the second time, I suddenly felt a tearing pain in my back, which caused me to scream. My wings spread out from my back, ripping a huge hole on the back of my shirt. The pain was almost as bad as when I jumped through the glass window the previous night and slammed down into the Dumpster. Fortunately, the pain ceased soon after. I opened my eyes and looked behind me to see two white-feathered wings. They were absolutely beautiful. I spent a few moments just looking at them in awe.

Andy walked over to me and slapped my back. "Bit loud there, Seadra?" she asked, giving me an irritated look. I folded my wings back, which was just like moving an arm or leg, and looked down. I figured the other girls may have been used to the pain or it just didn’t effect them as much.

I looked up as Carol sat down on Victoria’s lap. "Don’t mind Andy, Seadra. I could tell by your yell that you haven’t spread your wings before, or in a long time. If you spread them frequently, it doesn’t hurt. Victoria taught me that when I first met them." Carol spoke very softly and quietly. She seemed nervous talking to me.

"My mother told me that when I was born was the only time I ever spread my wings." I explained as I stroked the soft feathers on my wings. I was beginning to like being a Rukonian. Having wings seemed really cool. I guessed Victoria, Carol and Andy would have to teach me to fly. It was then I remembered how much people hated Rukonians and wanted them all destroyed. I sighed. "I guess 13 years worth of being tucked in like that made spreading them painful…"

Andy paused, "13 years?! Holy smokes! When did you find out you’re a Rukonian?!" She blurted out. I began to feel uneasy. It occurred to me that the rest of the girls had spread their wings a lot earlier than I just had when it came to age.

I nodded shyly, "Yeah. I’m 13. My mom told me I was a Rukonian when I was seven. I never spread them because my father hated Rukonians more than anything. He doesn’t know my mother’s one though. I don’t know how, but when he found out I was one yesterday, my mother lied and told him I was adopted in order to save her own life and everyone from her side of the family… It’s been less than a day, but I miss my mother so much…" My voice was beginning to shake and so were my hands. I wrapped my wings around myself as I felt tears rolling down my cheeks. Raichu and Eevee walked over to me and nuzzled my legs, trying to comfort me.

Mason looked back at me. I guess my crying got his attention. "Seadra," he started as he got up from his chair and walked over to me, "the reason I brought you here was because I wanted to help. And helping you is what I’m going to do. We’re your new family. If you ever need help, just come to us." He extended his arms out, "This place is your new home. Here, you’re safe from the dangers of the outside world where people will hunt you down like dogs."

Andy walked away and leaned back against one of the walls with her arms crossed. "Stupid people of Kanto and Johto. They’re complete morons if you ask me. They want to get rid of us only because we have wings. That’s the biggest load of crap I’ve ever heard if you ask me." She muttered as she kicked a small stuffed Pikachu across the room.

Carol watched Andy as she kicked the Pikachu across the room. "Andy!" She cried as she ran over to where the Pikachu hit the wall and picked it up, "Don’t do that! You know how important my Pikachu doll is!"

Andy shrugged and looked away, almost not caring. I felt bad for Carol, but I didn’t say anything. Victoria walked over to her and gave her a comforting hug and put the Pikachu doll on one of the beds. "Andy…" Victoria sighed, "You gotta start respecting Carol’s stuff better than that. That Pikachu doll is only thing she has left from her dad." Hearing this, I figured it was Carol’s father who was a Rukonian.

Carol sighed and sat down beside the bed Victoria put her Pikachu doll. She looked over to me and frowned, "My daddy was sent to an Anti-Rukonian group a few years ago… They were looking for me but I managed to get away… Victoria helped me…" It was such a sad thing to hear. Carol was probably no older than 10 and she had no family. It seemed she and Victoria were very close from the way they acted around each other. They almost seemed like sisters.

"That’s so sad…" I frowned as Carol wiped a tear from her eye. I looked over to Victoria as she handed Carol her Pikachu doll. "Victoria, how did you and Andy end up here?" I asked. I wondered if asking such as question would be rude.

Victoria nodded, "Yeah. But Andy won’t even tell us her story unfortunately. Mason and I have been friends since we were only five years old. When my parents were accused to being Rukonians when I was nine, I ran away and he helped me. It was his idea to help other Rukonians like you, Andy and Carol."

I found her story quite interesting. I noticed Carol and Victoria’s stories were both pretty vague, but it made sense. I didn’t want to go into much description with my own story very much either.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Later on that day, Victoria helped me remove the rest of the broken peices of glass from the cuts and gashes on my arm. It hurt like hell, but I survived through it. Unfortunately, removing them caused my arm to bleed alot, so I had to bandage it up. Victoria explained it would heal in a few days, so it was nothing to worry about.

I spent the entire day talking to Victoria, Carol and Andy. Carol and Andy didn’t say much. Victoria explained that Carol was always shy and Andy didn’t like new people very much. Mason was out for most of the day but he came back with McDonald’s. After we ate, we spent more time talking. I found out Carol had a Lapras she got as a present before her father was taken away from her. It was kept in a pokeball and they would sometimes go out to the river and let it swim around. Meanwhile, Andy had a Ninetales and a Sandslash. I met Ninetales when I accidentally stepped on one of its tails while chasing after Eevee and Raichu. Andy explained that her Ninetales preferred to stay under her bed most of the time, but she kept her Sandslash in a pokeball. Victoria had a Sunflora; it was given to her by Mason when they were young.

Mason was kind enough to give me a couple pokeballs for Raichu and Eevee for me to use when necessary. I didn’t feel like putting them in, so I let them meet the others’ pokemon. They all seemed to get along well, which was a relief for me.

Since there was only 4 beds—Victoria, Carol, Andy and Mason all had one for themselves, I wondered if I would have to sleep on the floor. Fortunately, Mason was kind enough to let me use his bed. Each bed had a small table beside it where we could put our belongings. The bed was nice and soft, and Raichu and Eevee seemed to like it too. Mason explained that I could keep the bed, since he already had a couch in a smaller room. The place they stayed in had only two rooms. The one with the girls’ beds, a few tables and lamp, and one with a black and white TV, a couch and another small table.

That night, as I laid in my new bed with Raichu and Eevee as the other girls slept, I could hear the faint voices coming from the TV in the other room. I figured Mason was still awake. I thought to myself about my new life that I would be stuck with for the rest of my life. I would be hiding from people in there, and whenever I went out, I would have to make sure I had my wings in and no one recognized me. The girls were going to teach me to fly the next day, and I was a bit worried about it.

I sighed and got up from my bed, making sure not to wake up Raichu and Eevee. I walked through the room as quietly as I could and when I got to the door to the second room, I made sure to be slow so it wouldn’t squeak. I peered in through the door and saw Mason there, sitting on the couch with a blanket covering his legs and leaning against a pillow, watching TV.

He looked over to me and smiled. "Can’t sleep, Seadra?" He asked as he moved to one side of the couch so I could sit down beside him. He patted the empty side of the couch.

I walked over to him and sat down on the couch with my hands folded together. "Mason…" I started with a sigh, "When Carol first got here, what happened?" I asked. I wondered if it was any different then when I got there earlier that day.

"To be blunt, she was scared senseless. She didn’t trust any of us and it took her over a month until she finally said anything. Victoria spent a lot of time with her, which is why she trusts her so much. They’re like sisters, really. Poor Carol doesn’t have anybody besides us. But then again, you’re all like that." Mason sighed as he turned off the TV and looked over to me. "Andy was a lot different though. She would talk, but would never tell us what happened to her. We still don’t know actually. She doesn’t trust us very much—well, actually, she doesn’t trust me. I know she likes Carol and cares about her, but she’ll never admit it. That’s her I guess. She’s been with us for about a year now."

I nodded and decided I should get to bed. I didn’t say anything; I just got up and began to walk out of the room. Mason didn’t say anything either. When I got to my bed, I laid down on its soft mattress and pillow and looked up at the ceiling. I closed my eyes and sighed. So, this was going to be my life…

Blog Entries

The language in this chapter is a bit stilted in the narration, but otherwise a very quality post. Looking forward to the next one!

Author's Note: Yes, this fiction isn't my best writing. I'm hoping to become inspired to write again sometime in the next year or so, but who knows how long it may be until I can finally crack out of this writer's block. X_X

Chapter #3

I was awaken the next morning by the smell of McDonald’s Egg Muffins and the sounds of all our pokemon running around the room and shouting loudly. I lifted myself up from the bed and stretched out my stiff arms. I looked over to the main table of the room to see Mason and Victoria handing Andy and Carol one Egg Muffin each. They even gave one to each of our pokemon. It seemed like they had McDonald’s a lot, since we had it the previous day.

I got up from the bed and sleepily stumbled over to the table. Victoria looked at me and smiled, "It’s about time you woke up. It’s past 9am, and we normally get up at 7am. We let you sleep in because you’re new though." She laughed and handed me one of the Egg Muffins. I accepted it and sat down on one of the chairs surrounding the table and ate.

"Rai!" Raichu squealed as it looked out the window of Mason’s car. It seemed to be enjoying the view as we drove down the roads on a large mountain. The girls explained to me that they went there often, because there were so few people there. It was a good place to relax and fly around a bit. They could never do that out in the city.

As I looked out the window at the huge body of water in the distance, I began to wonder what my mother was doing. I missed her so much, and I was worried about her. I knew that my dad could end up finding out she lied about me getting adopted and report her to an Anti-Rukonian group. The thought scared me, so I shook it off.

During the entire ride, Carol slept and Victoria sat in the front seat with Mason. I was stuck sitting beside Andy—whom I was a bit nervous to be around. She seemed to not like me much, so I decided not to say anything to her—just in case she would decide to cut my life span in half.

"We’re almost there." Mason said as we began to drive down a dirt road.

The car’s bumping soon woke up Carol. She rubbed her tired eyes and yawned. She then looked over to me, "Are we almost there?" she asked.

Andy replied before I was given the chance, "Yeah, Carol. We’ll be there in no time. Do you want me or Victoria to help you train Lapras today?" she asked. Victoria looked back at us from the front seat.

"I think Victoria. You helped me last time, so it’s only fair to let Victoria help me today. You can help Seadra learn to fly. Umm… Is that okay with you two?" Carol asked nervously as she fiddled with the long strands of her hair.

Andy blinked and looked over to me. The look she gave me was like that you would give after being told to watch over a baby in its terrible two’s. She sighed and nodded, "Fine…" I was a bit discouraged by her reaction so I turned away from her and looked out the window. We were driving down a rough dirt road in the middle of a forest—I could see several trees. Raichu yawned and curled into a ball on my lap—Eevee was in its pokeball.

I could barely see the lake out in the distance behind the trees. It reminded me of my mom’s favorite pokemon, Seadra. I missed her so much.

A few minutes passed and the car stopped. Andy grabbed my shoulder and dragged me out of the car and Raichu followed. Once out, I could see trees surrounding a huge field where Mason had parked. To my right, was the rocky beach of the huge lake. The view was spectacular and it took my breath away. Raichu stood beside me and inhaled the sweet scent of the fresh forest air and sighed happily.

I looked over to Victoria as she threw out her pokeball. It spun through the air and opened, releasing a Sunflora. It had a wonderful smile on its face and danced around the grass field. Andy then took her two pokeballs and threw them out, revealing her Sandslash and Ninetales. Her fire pokemon swayed its tails around while her Sandslash made quick swipes with its claws in the air. Meanwhile, Carol ran over to the lake and threw her pokeball into the water. A second later, a Lapras surfaced and splashed around.

I looked down at my belt to see Eevee’s pokeball. I pulled it off and tossed it into the air—it opened and out came my cute little Eevee. It didn’t waste any time and soon was running around the field, just having a good time. As Raichu watched, it seemed to get all caught up and was soon chasing after Eevee in a game of tag.

I sat down in the grass and admired the view. I figured we were going to be there all day, since getting there took atleast an hour and Mason had some sandwiches packed with him. I watched as he finally got out of the car and lean up against it and put on a pair of black sunglasses. He had his arms crossed, which seemed to flex his muscles.

"Come on, don’t waste any time." Andy said from behind. I spun around to find her kneeling down behind me, resting her arms on her knees. "If you’re gonna learn to fly, you can’t waste your time staring at Mason."

I blushed, it occurred to me that I was looking at Mason for more than a few moments—it was more like five minutes. "I wasn’t staring at him… Um… I was just admiring the trees behind him!" I forced each word out of my mouth with a struggle.

For the first time I had ever seen, Andy laughed and slapped my back. "Real funny there, Seadra." She smiled at me and got up. She closed her eyes tightly and seemed to be struggling when her wings erupted from her back and spread out. It didn’t seem to hurt her at all. "Come on, Seadra, get your wings out and let’s fly."

I gulped nervously and forced myself to get up. Once I did, I did what Victoria had told me to do the previous day in order to spread my wings. I pushed from my back and soon, I felt the same pain I felt before when I first spread my wings. Fortunately, this time the ripping and tearing feeling wasn’t as bad—which was a relief.

Andy smiled, "Okay, now you gotta learn how to control them properly. Try flapping them." It was odd, I thought she was going to be all rough with me, but she was actually being very gentle and kind. I guess she understood that this was my first try and there wasn’t much she could expect from me.

The previous day, I found moving my wings no different than moving your arms and legs around. I began to flap them, but not very fast or hard. I figured if I did, I could start flying and I was a bit nervous about it, since I didn’t know how to land and I didn’t feel much like having Andy yell at me.

"Okay, Seadra, that’s a good start. It seems you have good control over your wings, which is a good sign—not everyone can control them well. Carol found it very difficult at first." Andy smiled at me and spread her wings out as far as they could. "Now, to take wing, the best way to do it is with one strong flap with your wings. Make sure they push a lot of air down when you do it. Once you’re in the air, everything will come by naturally. If you’ve ever pretended to be a bird as a child, this will be easy."

I nodded. When I was very young, I always wished I could fly like a bird. I would jump off my parent’s bed, flapping my arms like nuts. I remembered the one time when I was convinced I flew for a split second. I took a deep breath and spread my wings out. I then angled them so when I flapped, the air would push me up. With one strong flap of my wings, I felt myself raising in the air. I knew if I stopped flapping, I would end up falling, so I flapped more and more. It didn’t take long before I was atleast 10 feet above the ground. Unfortunately, I think my wings were too weak, because they began to get sore and I was getting tired. The worst part was, I didn’t know how to land.

Andy noticed the problem as I struggled to stay in the air. I was scared of trying to land, so I did the only thing I could—stay there. With one strong flap of her wings, she was at my height and grabbed me by my waist. I held onto her arms as she slowly began to descend to the ground. I was relieved she helped me when she did, because I knew my wings were about to give.

Once on the ground, I fell to my knees and sighed. "I’m sorry, Andy. I got tired and my wings were hurting…" I hopped she wouldn’t get mad.

Andy kneeled down beside me and put one of her hands onto my shoulder, "Don’t worry about it. Your wings aren’t strong enough yet. You have to make them stronger by just flapping them, but not flying. Got it?" I nodded. "Okay then, when you get your strength back, just flap. We have all day and I’m sure you’ll be able to fly some and be able to land by then."

I looked up at her. It amazed me how she managed to get 10 feet above the ground with one flap of her wings, while it took me several flaps and by then, I was too tired to stay there. "Andy, when will my wings get strong enough like yours? You got so high with just one flap."

Andy sat down beside me, holding herself up with her hands on the grass. She looked up to the clouds in the sky and smiled. "It varies. Some people learn really fast, but some don’t. Carol still has difficulties sometimes. Victoria can fly without any problems though. She’s the best flyer of us all. Carol couldn’t even get into the air at her first try. You had a good start, so don’t worry about it so much." It was then Andy’s beautiful Ninetales ran over to us and nuzzled up to her side. Andy laughed, "Ninetales, go back and play with Seadra’s Raichu and Eevee, okay?"

Her Ninetales seemed a bit disappointed with that, but it didn’t protest. I noticed Raichu and Eevee were still running around the field, they seemed to be having fun. Andy’s Ninetales then ran off after them and tackled Eevee. They were all laughing and being friendly to each other.

For the rest of the day, Andy worked hard to teach me to fly. Unfortunately, I could never spend much time in the air. The most I got was five minutes. I learnt that landing was actually very easy. All I had to do was get my wings in the same position as when I took off and let myself glide down to the ground.

As the sun began to set, making the sky a beautiful orange color, we all stopped our training to relax and eat our dinners. Victoria and Carol spent the day training Sunflora, Lapras, Sandslash, Ninetales, Raichu and Eevee. Meanwhile, Mason spent his time reading a book and walking through the woods. I found it odd that he didn’t do much with the other girls much, but I never mentioned it.

As we ate our dinner, which ended up being hot dogs cooked over a small fire made by Ninetales, we all talked about our pokemon. Victoria explained that her Sunflora was at a very high level, or it knew Solar Beam. Meanwhile, Carol’s Lapras was taught many different attacks such as Thunderbolt, Psychic, Ice Beam, Bubble Beam and Mist. I thought it was so cool that Lapras were able to use so many different types of attacks. Unfortunately, her Lapras was still quite young and didn’t always like to battle. Andy’s Sandslash knew all the basic attacks of ground-type pokemon, and her Ninetales knew really powerful fire attacks such as Fire Blast. They all seemed surprised that Raichu knew Thunder, and Eevee knew Take Down, but I didn’t.

After finishing off our hot dogs, we all decided to relax a bit before going back to our small home in the city. Victoria and Carol sat together, leaning against the car. Carol soon fell asleep and it was a cute sight, watching her sleep leaning against Victoria. They truly did look like sisters when they were like that. Meanwhile, Mason sat beside the fire, poking the burning wood with a stick—he seemed to be deep in thought. We had most of our pokemon in their pokeballs, except for my Raichu and Andy’s Ninetales.

I lay down in the grass by the fire with Raichu cuddled up close to me. I put my arm around it and stroked its soft, silky fur. I closed my eyes and sighed. I guessed living as a Rukonian like that wouldn’t be so bad after all. Of course, it was a bit early to tell though.

Suddenly, Raichu’s ears perked up. It’s head shot up and it looked around, "Chu?" It asked as it hopped out of my arms and looked out to the distance where a large bush was.

I lifted myself up and wondered what was wrong. "Raichu? What is it?" I asked concerned. Raichu pointed out to the bush ahead and suddenly; a huge herd of Taurus came charging out in a rage. I jumped up and started screaming. "Andy! Victoria! Carol! Mason! Taurus ahead!" I shouted. Carol woke up instantly and they all got onto their feet.

What they did didn’t surprise me much; they all spread their wings and with one strong flap, were high above the ground. I quickly pushed my wings out, which still hurt like hell, and started to flap them. I picked Raichu up just as I began to fly up above the ground. Unfortunately, my wings were still sore from my lessons that day and I didn’t think I could stay up there very long.

When I saw Mason get out of the car, Victoria swooped down and picked him up by his arms and lifted him up away from the Taurus as they approached us. When they charged by, the car was hit several times by their horns, causing huge dents. Andy held onto me just in case my wings would give, but she was already holding her Ninetales.

My wings soon began to get tired, and the herd of Taurus was so huge, they were still passing by. It was a stampede! I didn’t notice it at first, but I was slowly beginning to descend to the ground. When I did notice it, I wasn’t even given a chance to react, for a Taurus struck my foot and dragged me down into the huge herd. I screamed out loud and Raichu cried out for help. I could hear Victoria, Carol, Andy and Mason all shouting for me, but they couldn’t help me.

I was on my hands and knees, if I got up, a Taurus would hit my gut. I made sure to stay on my hands and knees. Unfortunately, I still had to worry about being trampled. After having my wings stomped on several times, I pulled them back. I couldn’t see Raichu so I was on my own. I had to dodge each hoof as they came storming by. The sound of their running through the grass was like an earthquake.

I thought it would never end, and I feared I would soon be tramped and killed when Raichu ran to my side and used its Thunderbolt on all the surrounding Taurus. It startled them and they all stayed atleast two feet away from all sides. I took the opportunity and picked up Raichu, spread my wings and flew up high to where the others were. They all looked at me with an expression of disbelief and pride. I managed to stay in the air long enough until the stampede ended. I landed properly but soon found my wings were damaged when they got stomped on. I surprised the girls by being able to fly with injured wings, but I didn’t think much of it.

Mason’s car didn’t get damaged too badly. It had several large dents on one side and that was it. We all got in and drove back to the city. I was exhausted from everything that day and fell asleep even before Carol did along with Raichu cuddled close to me.

Blog Entries

Very interesting. This seemed like filler, but *necessary* filler, you know?

Chapter #4

"Sunflora! Razor Leaf!" Victoria called from the other end of the field located by the lake in the mountains. Her Sunflora, with a smile on its face then flings its leaves forward, sending them flying towards my Eevee.

Without me needing to tell it what to do, Eevee dodged each leaf swiftly. "Eevee, finish it off with a quick attack!" I shouted. Eevee then began to zigzag towards Sunflora at such high speeds; it was almost impossible to see it. Then, without warning, Eevee struck Victoria’s Sunflora hard with a tackle attack, knocking it down.

Victoria had a look of total disbelief, "Sunflora!" She cried. "You can get up! Come on!" Unfortunately for her, her Sunflora was beaten—it moved its leaves around, but didn’t bother to try to get up. Victoria sighed and called her sunflower pokemon back into its pokeball and walked over to my Eevee and scratched it under its chin. "That was a great battle, Seadra." She smiled up at me; "You could probably try to participate in the pokemon league if you wanted to. Your Eevee and Raichu are both really strong from what I’ve seen."

I smiled sheepishly and put my hand at the back of my head, "The only reason I won was because my pokemon train hard, it’s not me." I looked down at Victoria as Eevee rubbed up against her and waging its tail. "I always wanted to be in the pokemon league… But now, it’s too dangerous. Who knows if anyone is looking for me…" I sighed.

Victoria smiled at me kindly and got up, putting her hand on my shoulder, "Don’t worry. One day, people will except us and won’t care if we’re Rukonians or not. When that happens, perhaps all of us will be able to journey together and become pokemon masters."

I spent a few days after she said that, thinking about what Victoria said. Would people really one day except us as regular people and not as freaks of nature? The thought made me wonder if that happened, what would my father be like? Thoughts spun through my head for days on end. During those days, we didn’t go back to the lake or the mountains. Instead, we spent most of our time at home, watching TV and caring for our pokemon. Mason spent most of his time playing different card games with Carol, while Victoria, Andy and I would admire the night views of the city from the roof of the tall building where I home was located. We would normally have to fly to get there, and I was beginning to get better at it. I would make sure to flap my wings everyday to build up their strength, and it was working very well.

I never talked to Mason much, and he didn’t talk to me much either. The only time he would say something to me was when he said it was time to get to bed or when he was getting our food. He seemed to talk to Victoria the most and sometimes Carol. He talked the least to Andy, mainly because she would normally ignore him. You could always feel the tension between the two whenever they talked, and it made everyone nervous that a fight could suddenly break out.

"Victoria, Carol, Andy, Seadra!" Mason called from the small TV room while we all played Crazy Eight’s. "Come here!"

We all looked at each other with confused expressions for a few moments before we all got up from the floor and ran into the small room and jumped onto the couch he was on. He laughed as we all tried to get untangled without falling off the couch. Finally, we got loose and Victoria looked to Mason. "What’s up?" She asked.

Mason pointed to the TV screen, there was some bearded guy talking. I didn’t know what he was talking about, until he mentioned Rukonia. Once it was mentioned, everyone went quiet and the girls’ faces went pale. Mason sighed and turned the TV off, then looked at us with a smile. "You know about the Orb of Mew?" He asked.

We all looked at each other with confused expressions, then turned back to Mason and shook our heads. I never heard of the Orb of Mew before… Whatever it was.

"I heard about it a long time ago. It was supposed to come from Rukonia, the island where Rukonians once lived on before it was bombed. Anyways, the Orb of Mew was said to have amazing powers and the people of Rukonia watched over it. When people from Kanto and Johto discovered Rukonia, they found out about the Orb and wanted it for themselves to increase their pokemon’s powers. The Rukonians fought back and resulted in the huge feud between the two races. Unfortunately, in their rage, the people of Johto bombed the whole island, killing almost everyone and destroying everything. The Orb couldn’t be found, so people thought it was destroyed. But on the news, they said some guy went there and didn’t come back. They had to send a rescue team there and he was found dead… I think the Orb could’ve done it! Hardly anything survived the bombing and the guy didn’t have a scratch on him! No pokemon could’ve done it!" Mason had the biggest smile on his face I had ever seen on him before. It was so strange; I began to get concerned.

I always was told that a war broke out, but never knew why. Now, I knew. It was all over the Orb of Mew. I found it very interesting and wondered if there was anymore information on it I could find some how.

Andy blinked, "So…? Why does it matter?" She asked, raising an eyebrow.

Mason looked with her with an expression of total disbelief—he laughed. "We can’t pass this up! We should go to the ruins of Rukonia and get us that Orb! Our pokemon will be so powerful! With it, people will fear us and we can declare that Rukonians must be treated equally with the people of Kanto and Johto!"

Victoria looked concerned and spoke up, "Mason… I don’t know about this… That guy was found dead… We could end up like him… Besides, I don’t like the idea of people being scared of us… Maybe we shouldn’t do this… It doesn’t seem right to me…" She sat down beside Mason, pushing Andy off the couch. Carol giggled to this.

Mason sighed and got up and walked out of the room. "Well, I’ll let you girls decide. The Orb of Mew could change our lives forever and might help our world. Besides, I’ve done so much for you girls over the years. If it weren’t for me, you’d all probably be dead now. I took you all in when no one else would, when you were left alone. You all owe me for everything ya know…" He muttered. I could hear him walk through the room to the door. I could hear the creaking of it open, and a loud slam. Mason seemed pretty mad, and I didn’t understand why.

Andy got up from the floor and sat down on the couch where Mason was sitting. "What’s with him? So what if he helped us? You don’t help someone to get something in return. I doubt that Orb of Mew thing will help us. All it would do is make people even more scared of us. Then again, they should. I would rather have them scared senseless of us than be hunting us down like rotten dogs." She sighed and picked up the remote and turned on the TV. I looked over to Carol to see what she would say.

She was fiddling with her hair as usual, and looking down at the floor. "Umm… I don’t know… It sounds dangerous…" She said almost in a whisper, not changing direction of her eyes from the floor. She seemed really unsure with what to think.

We all looked over to Victoria to see what she would say. Being the oldest and knowing Mason the longest, she was basically our leader—so we all looked up to her whenever a big decision was being made. She looked at the floor and appeared to be deep in thought. We all waited patiently for her to say something. Finally, after what seemed like hours, she spoke up, "I think we should."

Andy paused, "What?!"

"I think we should go," Victoria repeated herself. Carol and I looked at each other in disbelief. "Mason has done so much for us, and he’s a real old friend of mine. The Orb of Mew has magnificent powers, it was raise a pokemon’s strength, heal illnesses, and unfortunately, cause great destruction. Perhaps it could make us lose our wings, and no longer be Rukonians." She said as she crossed her legs and put her hands in her lap.

I was confused. True being a Rukonian meant constantly running from the Anti-Rukonian groups and losing your family, but it seemed the girls all liked the ability to fly when we went to the mountains. Though I liked the idea of living as a normal teen, I would miss my wings. "But, but Victoria!" I cried, "I thought you all loved to fly!"

Andy shrugged, "Actually, living a normal life sounds tempting… But then again, why does Mason want us to get him the Orb of Mew so bad? I never trusted him much and you all know that—perhaps he’s planning something…" she sighed and turned the TV off—it was getting a bit distracting during our conversation.

I looked over to Carol as she continued to fiddle with her hair. She was saying something, but none of us could hear her. She looked up at us and repeated herself, still a bit quiet, "I said it doesn’t matter to me. You make the decision…"

I sighed, "I haven’t been here long enough to give my own opinion of this. Andy, Victoria, it’s up to you." With that, I got up and walked out of the room. Carol soon followed me. We went back into the main room and sat down on my bed along with my Raichu and Eevee.

We talked about simple things, like pokemon and training methods. During our conversations, Eevee would lay down on Carol’s lap. She was very gentle and would stroke its fur gingerly and made sure not to startle or hurt it. Meanwhile, Raichu lay in my lap. Carol was afraid to hold it, because a Raichu can use a Thunder Shock as a way of showing affection. She was a bit intimidated by its size as well, for it was atleast three times bigger than Eevee.

After nearly two hours of talking about pokemon, Andy and Victoria walked out of the small TV room. Andy, like Mason had done before, stormed out of our home and slammed the door behind her. The loud slam startled Carol and Eevee, causing her to jump and my little puppy-like pokemon to hop off her lap and hide under my bed.

I looked over to Victoria with an expression that asked, "What happened?" She sighed and crossed her arms, leaning back against the wall. "I decided that we’ll be going, but Andy got all pissed because she thinks Mason is trying to trick us to get him the Orb of Mew to cause great destruction." She burst laughing; "She’s just full of it!"

That night, as I laid in my bed, I thought about Victoria’s decision and Andy’s view on it. I wondered if Andy was right, Mason always seemed quiet and it bothered me a lot. Then again, Andy hated him for no good reason and she could easily just come up with whatever to turn us against him. I was horribly confused, but either way, I would have to go to the ruins of Rukonia to help the girls get the Orb of Mew. Victoria explained that it could only be tampered by Rukonians, and not normal people—which was why the Rukonians were able to keep it, and that man was found dead. Mason came back earlier with dinner, while Andy still hadn’t come home yet. We were all worried, but I was told by Carol Andy did that a lot and she would be okay. I closed my eyes and slowly drifted off to sleep, hoping everything will be all right.

Blog Entries

A few grammer errors (except should be accept, for instance), but an interesting chapter. The plot thickens, eh?

Author's Note: Well, Hell has frozen over. I'm feeling incredibly inspired to write. I've started planning a new fiction, which will be an original, rather than fanfiction. I'm gonna have fun writing all the angst!

Chapter #5

Andy didn't come back until two days later. She never told us where she was.

A week after we all agreed to Victoria’s decision to get the Orb of Mew, we started to train our pokemon to get ready. Getting there would mean we would have to use Carol’s Lapras, since the distance from the nearest beach to Rukonia was too far for us to fly. I spent most of my time practicing my flying skills. As time progressed, I got better and better. I was soon able to fly with the other girls, but I was unable to dodge Andy’s Ninetales Flame Thrower attack—which was their way of practicing their dodging skills. We decided we wouldn’t leave to the ruins of Rukonia until we were all prepared.

As I fed my Raichu and Eevee an apple, I watched as Andy and Victoria battled their pokemon. Andy used her Sandslash, since her Ninetales had already battled a lot that day. Meanwhile, Victoria was using her only pokemon, Sunflora. She had the obvious type advantage, but then again, a Sandslash’s dig attack could do a lot of damage. So it was a pretty even competition.

"Sunflora, Poison Power!" Victoria called to her flower pokemon. Its body swayed around in a funny sort of way with the wind, then released a glittering power. It flew straight over to Andy’s Sandslash.

Andy made sure to react quickly; having a poisoned pokemon in battle never works. "Sandslash, get away from the powder!" She shouted. Sandslash jumped up high into the air, did a flip and landed several feet away from Victoria’s Sunflora. "Now, Dig under!" With that, Sandslash jumped up again, and claws first, dove right into the ground.

Victoria had a nervous look on her face. I could tell she was worried about Sandslash’s Dig attack, it was completely capable of knocking out Sunflora with one hit. She had to think fast, before Andy’s pokemon made the winning hit. "Sunflora, use your Solar Beam on the ground and blast Sandslash out!"

I looked at her stunned—what was she thinking?! The odds it would even work were low, and Sunflora will lose a lot of its energy using its Solar Beam attack. I wondered if she had done this before, so I continued to watch, not saying anything.

Sunflora began to collect the Sun’s rays and formed a bright glowing orb infront of its smiling face. I watched carefully as it performed its Solar Beam attack. Then, it jumped up into the air and blasted its Solar Beam onto the ground, scanning the ground in search of Andy’s Sandslash. After a few seconds, a huge amount of dirt blew up from the grass along with Sandslash. It hit the ground hard, knocked out. Victoria was the winner.

"Seadra?" Carol started as she walked up behind me while I rubbed Raichu’s cheeks; "can I talk to you?" She asked quietly. I looked back to her and smiling, nodded. She sat down beside me, "Are you scared?"

I shrugged, not wanting to admit I was nervous about getting the Orb of Mew. It seemed dangerous, but it was a good thing we were taking our pokemon with us. "Not really…" I lied, "Victoria and Andy will protect us, and we have our pokemon. We’ll be fine, don’t worry."

Carol nodded, looking over to the lake where her Lapras was swimming around, enjoying itself. "Lapras is a good swimmer, it will take us to Rukonia safe, right?" She asked and as she turned to look at me.

I smiled, "Lapras specialize in carrying people across water. I’m sure your Lapras will do the job just fine, don’t worry about it. I’m sure we’ll get the Orb easily and our lives will get better once we get it." Who was I kidding? I didn’t even totally understand why the others thought the Orb of Mew was going to help us at all. I honestly didn’t know what to think about everything that was going on. I sighed and laid down on the soft grass, putting my hands behind my head. Raichu curled into a ball beside me.

Smiling, Carol got up and walked towards Lapras in the lake. She turned back to me and nodded. She then curled her hands into fists, making her knuckles white. Suddenly, her wings erupted from her back, tearing a hole on the back of her shirt. With a couple flaps of her wings, she took air and flew gracefully to the lake where Lapras was waiting for her. I couldn’t help but smile while watching her fly. Sometimes, I preferred to just watch the other’s fly, then fly myself.

With Raichu curled up close to me, I gingerly stroked its silky fur coat. Eevee was in its pokeball after a hard battle with Andy’s Ninetales. Unfortunately, Eevee lost the battle when it missed with a Quick Attack and Ninetales got it back with a Flame-Thrower attack. I was going to battle with Raichu soon, but I didn’t know who I was going to battle. No matter who Raichu battled, I knew it would win. Raichu was my strongest pokemon and would never let me down.

As I gazed up at the clouds above me, I noticed some looked like pokemon. I thought they looked cool so I spent what seemed like hours just searching them to discover more pokemon. The wind brushed against my face and blew my flowing hair in the air. The smell of the fresh-water lake and the pine trees surrounding me made me feel at peace. I sighed and closed my eyes, smiling to myself as Raichu drifted off to a sleep.

"Wake up!" I heard Andy shout at me. My eyes snapped open and I jumped from her yell, for it had startled me. I quickly got up and Raichu did as well. I guessed it was still sleeping like I was and Andy’s yelling woke it up too. I rubbed my tired eyes and looked to Andy. She had her hands on her hips and an unforgiving glare in her eyes. "It’s time for your battle, Seadra." She said in a straight tone.

I nodded quickly and kneeled down to pick up Raichu. I stood back up and looked to her, "Who am I battling?" I asked quickly.

Andy turned to look behind her, where Carol was caring for her Lapras. It looked weakened so I figured she just battled and may have lost. Victoria was there helping her. Andy then looked back to me; her expression was the same as before, "Victoria." She said.

Victoria from where Carol and her Lapras were looked over to me and smiling, waved. I waved back, though I didn’t know why exactly. She got up from beside the Lapras and ran over to me. She was only about 50 feet away, so getting where I was didn’t take her very long. "Ready to battle?" She asked with a grin, holding a pokeball in her hand.

"You bet I am!" I said confidently. I knew Victoria had only one pokemon, her Sunflora. Already it had two battles, one against Andy’s Sandslash and I bet the other was against Carol’s Lapras. Raichu hadn’t battled at all that day, so it would probably have more energy for the battle. Of course, I was well aware that you can’t judge a battle that easily.

Victoria gave me a few minutes to get ready. I gave Raichu’s cheeks another rub to get them charged up for the battle. By rubbing a Raichu’s cheeks the right way, their electric power can increase. I would use this technique before every battle I used Raichu in—it helped a lot. I remember once when I didn’t do it, and Raichu was unable to defeat a Bulbasaur because of it. The next day I did rub its cheeks and when we went into battle, Raichu won with one Thunderbolt attack.

When it was time for our battle, I made sure Raichu was ready. It was throwing a few practice punches and kicks, getting its muscles ready and heart rate up. Victoria and I each stood on one side of the large grass field were we normally had our pokemon battles. She had her Sunflora beside her, smiling as usual. Andy was standing on the side of the field; she volunteered to be the referee of the battle. Carol was swimming in the lake with Lapras and Mason. He had brought a beach ball with him that day for them to play with.

Andy raised her hand up high into the air, "Begin!" She shouted.

Immediately, Raichu leapt up into the air, charging up for a Thunderbolt. Meanwhile, Victoria’s Sunflora ran out to the field and began to use its Razor Leaf, sending several leaves at Raichu. Fortunately, Raichu was able to dodge the attack then used a hard Thunderbolt on the flower pokemon. A huge bolt of electricity shot out from its cheeks and charged straight at Sunflora. When it struck, you could hear it scream in pain. When the attack ended, Sunflora was still standing! I was shocked!

Victoria just smiled, "Sunflora is my strongest pokemon, don’t expect it to give in that easily…" she grinned. "Sunflora, Seismic Toss!" Victoria called out to Sunflora. It responded right away and ran over to Raichu. Before my pokemon could react, Sunflora had thrown Raichu high up into the air. While in midair and falling to the ground, Raichu used a Thunder Shock, startling the grass pokemon. Fortunately, Raichu was able to land on its feet.

Our two pokemon stood a few feet away from each other, breathing heavily and getting ready for the other to do something. I looked over to Victoria; she was just staring at Raichu, probably trying to figure out what it was going to do next. She looked up to me and smiled, I smiled back and then shouted, "Raichu! Thunder Punch!"

Victoria seemed surprised by my order, since it came out of nowhere and it was unexpected. Raichu charged at Sunflora, with electricity building up in its paws. Victoria had a look on panic in her eyes, trying to figure out what to do. Before she could think of something for Sunflora to do, Raichu hit it hard with a devastating Thunder Punch. Sunflora was knocked over, landing on its back with electricity sparking around it. We paused, waiting to see if it would get up. Raichu was breathing heavily, for it had used most of its electric powers during the battle. If the pokemon were to get up, Raichu would have to use its normal attacks.

Andy ran over to Victoria’s Sunflora and looked down at it. After a few seconds, she rose one arm. "Seadra is the winner! Victoria loses!" She shouted out, smiling at me from where she stood.

"Great job, Raichu!" I smiled as I kneeled down, extending my arms out to my pokemon. Raichu ran to me and leapt into my arms. I gave it a tight hug, an award for winning the battle. I looked over to Victoria as she picked up her Sunflora and stroked its pedals gingerly, making it smile. I put Raichu down and got up, walking over to her. "That was a good battle there."

Victoria smiled at me and nodded. "It was. I’m glad I lost actually."

I blinked, baffled, "Wha?"

She laughed, "I now know that your Raichu will be capable of protecting you when we get the Orb of Mew. It’s a relief to me, because I don’t want you to get hurt. All our pokemon are doing well with their battles, none lost easily. We should all be fine." Victoria then turned away and walked over to the lake where Mason and Carol were still playing together in the water. I never thought about it before, but Victoria was like a big sister to not only Carol, but me as well. I wondered if Andy did too, but I didn’t say anything.

That night while laying in my bed with Raichu and Eevee curled up beside me, I wondered what would happen when we went to get the Orb of Mew. We had planned to get it in four days, giving us some time to prepare. Mason was very supportive, telling us he believed that we would get it easily. We decided to get there by riding Carol’s Lapras—and Mason would be coming as well. We told him he would have to stay behind in case something was to happen.

I could hear Carol mumbling something in her sleep. I looked over to her to see her cuddling her Pikachu doll close to her—I smiled. I rolled onto my side, facing the closed door that lead to the small TV room. Like every single night, I could hear the sounds made by the TV. Mason always stayed up late, watching his favorite late night programs. Sometimes when I was unable to sleep, I could get out of my bed and talk to him. He was always nice to me, making sure I was happy and comfortable with my new home. I believe I was there for about a month now, I’m not sure. I’ve found losing track of time a lot easier since I got there.

I decided to just get some sleep. With only four days before our dangerous, yet exciting adventure, rest was important. I closed my eyes and hugged my soft pillow close, with my blankets draped over me. I sighed and with thoughts of my new family, I drifted off into a peaceful sleep.

Blog Entries

I like how you write the training and things. *g*

Author's Note: Welcome to my third-favorite chapter of WoH. My second-favorite is the chapter that follows this one. My ultimate favorite is Chapter 11, which is also the more gruesome chapter of the fiction. I think I'm having TOO much fun planning out my new fiction. As it stands, the main character is looking at being named Remedy, and you won't know angst until you've gotten to know her, I'll tell ya that.

Chapter #6

Two days before we were planning to get the Orb of Mew, my Eevee began to show symptoms of some sort of illness. I first noticed this when I was waken up in the middle of the night by its whimpering. It was lying on my bed, curled into a ball; shivering and whimpering like a lone puppy. At first, I only thought it was cold, so I let it sleep with me under my covers. Unfortunately, the following morning, it started coughing and was still shivering. Victoria—who knew a lot about pokemon illnesses—looked it over and told me it had some sort of illness, but she couldn’t tell what it was. All we knew was that if it didn’t fully recover soon enough, we would either have to hold back our journey to get the Orb of Mew, or we would have to leave it behind all alone.

"We can’t leave Eevee here all alone!" I cried when Victoria explained that the best solution to the problem was to leave it at home while we got the Orb of Mew. I didn’t like the idea, because no one would be around to take care of it. Knowing it was ill; leaving it alone was probably the worst thing to do. Eevee could get worse with our absence and when we got back, could be in a serious condition. The thought made me shake.

Victoria sighed and stroked Eevee’s fur coat gingerly while draping a small light-pink blanket over it. "I’m sorry Seadra, but I can’t tell when Eevee will recover which will make things difficult if we waited for it to do so. Besides, we’re not far from the time of year when Rukonia is under severe storms. By waiting, all we’re doing is waiting for those storms to stop us. They last for months Seadra, and you know it." She sighed and got up, walking away towards Mason who was sitting on one of the beds with Carol, playing with her Pikachu doll.

My hands became tight fists, making my knuckles go white. I looked over to Victoria as she and Mason entertained Carol, playing childish games. It was only recently when they finally told me their exact ages. Victoria was 17, Carol was 10 and Andy was 14—meanwhile, I was 13. I never asked Mason or anyone how old Mason was, but I guessed he was atleast two years older than Victoria, making him around 19 or so. I smiled slightly as Carol giggled when Mason and Victoria teamed up against her and began to tickle her feet and stomach. She reminded me of myself when I was younger—when my parents used to play games like that with me. I sighed.

"Rai?"

I blinked and looked down beside me, to see my Raichu there, just looking up at me. I smiled to it, making it smile as well. I picked it up, laying it onto my lap and hugging it close. "Raichu, do you remember when my mother and father used to play those childish games with me?" I asked as I stroked the silky fur on Raichu’s ears.

Raichu looked up at me and nodded, "Raichu, rai rai!"

"That’s all in the past, Seadra." Said a voice. I turned to my right to see Andy there. She was leaning against the doorway of the small TV room with her arms crossed. I didn’t understand why she and the others wanted me to stop thinking about my past so much. Every time I mentioned my mother or father, they would say it was all in the past, and that those days were over. It was quite discouraging, but I tried to ignore it.

I sighed and put Raichu down. It ran over to Andy’s Ninetales—who, like always, was under her bed. Once Raichu got there, the Ninetales began to sway its tails in its face, making it laugh. I was always happy to watch our pokemon play with each other like that. I looked back to Andy to find she was no longer in the doorway. Instead, she was sitting on the couch, enjoying a can of Pepsi and a bag of chips. I had nothing else to do so I got up and walked into the small TV room. She didn’t say anything to me when I walked in, but she knew I was there. I sat down beside her on the soft couch and found she was watching a program about fire pokemon. Grabbing a can of Pepsi from the small table, I watched the show, even though I wasn’t very interested.

We were all concitering calling Nurse Joy to help Eevee or take it to the Pokemon Center, but there was the risk of us being identified as Rukonians. Andy explained to me that they normally didn’t need a Nurse Joy to heal their pokemon, since Victoria knew so much about taking care of pokemon. Unfortunately, she didn’t know what to do with Eevee. To make things worse, Eevee wasn’t getting better—it was getting worse. We were supposed to get the Orb of Mew the next day, but I didn’t want to leave Eevee behind all alone.

As I held Eevee in my arms with Raichu beside me, Victoria was helping Carol clean her wings. Meanwhile, Andy was brushing her Ninetales’ fur, cleaning it out a bit. When she was finished, she let Ninetales go back under her bed and she walked over to me with her hands behind her back. I looked up at her, her blond bangs almost covered her eyes completely and her flaming red hair was tied back into a loose ponytail.

I smiled up at her kindly, as did Raichu. She grinned and sat down beside me and yawned. The previous night, she had stayed up a lot later than usual, later than even Mason. She spent the whole night with Ninetales, reading a book she had found a few days ago, but never bothered to look at. She seemed quite interested in it, and I guessed she read the whole thing that night. She was tired almost the entire day, and she slept in by a few hours because she stayed up so late.

Finally, I decided to talk. "How was that book you picked up, Andy?" I asked as Eevee swayed its bushy tail back and forth.

Andy looked to me, a little surprised. I guessed she didn’t expect me to ask her about the book—I didn’t expect it either. She smiled, "It’s actually really good. I like how the author wrote, I really like it." I was surprised again to find that she had the book in her hands. It’s front cover was covered with dirt and was all ripped up. I wondered how she was able to read it. "The author is named S. E. Hinton, it says on the back she started writing when she was only 16. I think it’s pretty cool."

I nodded, the author’s name sounded familiar to me, but I couldn’t remember it. I looked down at the ripped up book and I was able to make out the title, it said "That Was Then, This is Now". The title wasn’t familiar to me at all. I looked back to Andy as she flipped through the pages. "What’s it about?" I asked.

"It’s about two friends who are close as brothers. The main character wants to grow up a bit more and is thinking more about his future, while his friend just lives for the thrill of the moment. At the end, the main character finds out something about his friend and ends up destroying their friendship." Andy sighed as she put the book down on my bed. She looked back to me and laid a hand on my shoulder, "You should read it. I know you’ll like it." She smiled and got up and walked back to her bed.

I looked down at the book that laid on my bed. I picked it up and flipped through the pages—no pictures at all, it was a novel. I never liked reading novels much; the only time I ever read them was when my teachers made me. It was then I knew why the name S. E. Hinton sounded familiar to me; I read one of her books the previous year. We had to read it in my English class; it was called "The Outsiders". It was the first book she wrote, which was when she was only 16. It was one of the few novels I ever read that I actually enjoyed. It was about a kid named Ponyboy who was in a gang along with his brothers. When he and his friend, Johnny, end up killing a guy to save their own lives, they run away. When a Church was in flames due to one of their cigarettes, Johnny and Ponyboy ran in to save a bunch of kids. Unfortunately, Johnny broke his back and died. It was a real sad novel, but I loved the way the author wrote.

I figured since I liked her other book, and Andy liked this one, I would read it as well. I put the book down on the small table beside my bed and began to stroke Eevee’s fur again. I sighed as Eevee whimpered and shivered from its fever. I hopped it would recover soon.

Later on that day, we all gave in and decided to take Eevee to the Pokemon Center. Mason told us that if a pokemon were ill enough, they would let it stay there for the night where they can take care of it till it recovers. From the way Eevee was, we all figured they would allow us to leave Eevee there for the night. I was a lot more comfortable leaving it there than be alone at our home.

Unfortunately, Mason was unable to take Eevee to the Pokemon Center. He explained that he had some meeting to go to and it was very important. As usual, Andy got suspicious, saying he was planning something behind our backs. Victoria got mad at her for the suggestion, but didn’t say very much. We all knew that if we wanted to get Eevee to the Pokemon Center, we would have to go. It was a risk, because there was a chance someone who we used to know could spot us. My main concern was my father or mother being there, because the nearest center from their house and my new home was the same one.

When Mason left around 6:00pm, we all got ready to go to the Pokemon Center. We would have to walk, and I guessed it would take around half an hour. I was worried; the more time we spent out in the public, the worse. Victoria brought out four black jackets from the closet where all our clothes were kept and handed one to each of us. They all had hoods and we were told to use them so people wouldn’t recognize our hair. Unfortunately, since it was almost dark, we couldn’t wear the sunglasses Victoria had to cover our faces.

As we walked down the empty streets on our way to the Pokemon Center, no one said anything. We all remained almost totally silent. I had Eevee in my arms—I didn’t feel like putting it into its pokeball. I didn’t think it liked it very much from the way it acted after being held in it. Victoria and Andy had their gloved hands stuffed into their pockets, and Carol walked between everyone else.

I looked down to my side, where Raichu was walking beside me. The other girls didn’t bother to bring their pokeballs with them, but I decided if something were to happen, having Raichu around could be helpful.

Every now and then, we would look behind us, or take quick glances into dark alleys, just incase there was anyone hiding in there, waiting to jump us. I had never been jumped, but I remembered hearing on the news when I was younger about Rukonians being jumped and badly beaten—they got bruised and all cut up.

After we finally got to the Pokemon Center, it was almost dark. We went straight to the main counter and explained to the Nurse Joy about Eevee’s condition. "It’s ill," Victoria said, "and we don’t know what’s wrong. Is it possible for you to watch over it for one night?" She asked.

Nurse Joy stroked Eevee’s fur and smiled, "Yes, yes we can. I would have to hold it here for a while anyways. I’m sure Eevee’s just suffering from the season’s viruses. In a couple days, Eevee will be fine. I’ll take it back now if you don’t mind."

I nodded, "Sure."

She smiled kindly at me and picked up Eevee and carried it through a door into a room with several small beds around. The door shut behind her. I looked to where Andy was standing, only to find her not there. I noticed Victoria and Carol were gone too. I looked around franticly for a few moments, nearly panicking. I got lucky though, they were just getting some candy from a machine on the opposite side of the large lobby.

I was about to walk over to them, when I noticed a couple enter the lobby with two Seadra’s in their arms. The female had pitch-black hair that flowed down to her waist and her beautiful and warm eyes were blue. I recognized her right away—it was my mother! I noticed my dad beside her, with his hand around her waist. His hair was still the same blond color and his eyes were still green. I remembered him talking about dying his hair, but it seemed he hadn’t yet.

I didn’t know what I felt when I saw them there. I nearly went ecstatic and ran over to them, but I stopped myself. I nearly forgot about how my father nearly got me killed. Remembering that, I couldn’t help but to shudder. Seeing my mom made me want to bawl like a baby, but I held it back. I turned away from them, making sure they didn’t see me. Andy, Carol and Victoria were splitting their candy among each other, sitting on a red couch. I decided to join them, and get away from the sight of my parents.

I walked over to them hurriedly, with Raichu close behind me. I sat down on one of the arms of the couch, beside Andy. She smiled at me as she bit into a Fushion chocolate bar and playfully shoved me off the couch. I nearly fell, but I was expecting it and I didn’t. Carol giggled as she popped an M&M into her mouth. Victoria just smiled.

We were there for about ten minutes, going through the chocolate candies like a shark goes through teeth. We were all having a good time, laughing at stupid jokes and making witty remarks about things like the Anti-Rukonian groups. When I started on my third package of Reese Peanut Butter Cups, all the other girls paused and their faces went totally white. I blinked and looked behind me to see my mother there, just looking down at me—I froze.

"Seadra?" My mother said, her voice was shaking.

I felt like I couldn’t move or say anything, but I was shaking. Fortunately, my father wasn’t there. I didn’t know where he was—I couldn’t see him. "Mother?" I asked, "What are you doing here? Where’s father?"

She kneeled down beside the couch, with her elbows resting on her knees. "He went to the washroom." She sighed, then looked to me, "What are you doing here? Who are your friends?"

I looked back to Carol, Andy and Victoria. They all looked horribly nervous, and I wondered if talking to my mom was something I shouldn’t be doing. "They’re Rukonians." I said, I wasn’t sure I should’ve told her that. For the first time, I feared my own mother. "They helped me—I live with them…" I went totally silent. My mother didn’t reply to me at all, she just looked behind her to make sure my father wasn’t around yet. "Why did father do this to me…?" I finally asked.

I could tell I had asked what my mother didn’t want me to. She didn’t say anything at all to me. She just sighed and got up and walked away, leaving me there. I didn’t understand why my parents did this to me. I used to be number one with them, now I felt like trash.

I watched my mother as she walked over to the door to the men’s washroom as my father walked out. His eyes were warm, like they were before he somehow found out I was a Rukonian. I missed those eyes more than I missed my own room. Watching them ended up being a big mistake. He saw me, and recognized me right away. I realized I didn’t have my hood on, so my hair and eyes were clearly visible. With his cold and angry eyes back, he began to storm over to us. I began to panic and I looked back to the girls as I felt my face become white as all the blood left it.

"Get out, now!" I shouted as I picked Raichu up and headed straight for the door. I knew we were in danger. My father was a dangerous person when it came to Rukonians. Too bad I had only found out not long ago when he took me to that Anti-Rukonian group building. The other girls looked at me with strange expressions—obviously they didn’t know what was wrong. "It’s my father, damn it!" I screamed in fear.

They remembered what I had told them about him, and they all got up and followed me out the door. They all agreed with me before that he was a monster, he was nuts! We ran down that street as fast as our legs could carry us.

I could hear my dad screaming in the room "Rukonian!", obviously trying to get attention from other people who had that strange grudge against us. The sound of people shouting and their shoes hitting the concrete behind us was unmistakable. I looked behind us and noticed a crowd of people, lead by my own father, chasing after us. We were dead meat if they caught us; I knew that for sure.

We all ran down the street as quickly as possible as the crowd got bigger and bigger. More people who were just walking down the road realized the situation and probably figured it would be fun to help them out. My legs felt like elastics, I could move them easily and quickly. Unfortunately, it didn’t take long before I started to get cramps in my side. They felt worse than ever before, I was getting scared.

"Quick, fly!" Victoria ordered. We all nodded and spread out our wings. As usual, it hurt like hell—but I forced myself to ignore the pain and pay attention to the situation instead. We all flapped our wings as hard as we could as I held Raichu in my arms. I had to make sure I was high enough to get away from the mob, as were Carol, Andy and Victoria. Unfortunately, they all had pokeballs with them. To make things worse, my wings were still injured from the Taurus stampede, so staying in the air was alot harder.

It didn’t take long before we had a huge amount of bird pokemon striking us with their wings. They obviously belonged to the people who were trying to kill us. Raichu tried to Thunder Shock them, but it failed. Victoria was able to dodge the birds easily, Andy needed more effort. Meanwhile, Carol looked like she was going to lose control, as was I. I couldn’t seem to move fast enough to avoid all the hits my wings and head took.

Suddenly, a huge Pidgeot came out of nowhere and hit us all so hard; we fell straight to the ground. I hit the ground hard, landing on my right arm. I feared I broke it. Our wings all disappeared, hiding beneath the skin in our backs. I struggled to lift myself up, but my arms were weak and the pain was killing me. I looked them over quick, and found blood and dirt all over. My ribs felt like they were broke, and there were scrapes all over my knees from falling onto the concrete.

I looked at the other girls as they repeated what I had done, checking themselves of their injuries. We were all too weak to do anything. The hit to the concrete did a lot of damage to us. Raichu laid beside me, unconscious—it was hit hard. The mob of Anti-Rukonists had us surrounded. Some were holding chains, broken bottles and even knives. They all had the same twisted grin on their faces. I knew I was in for the beating of my life.

Blog Entries

There's one thing I don't quite understand about this story as a whole--WHY do the humans hate the Rukonians? I haven't really been able to figure that out...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast