What Friends Are For (Digimon 02)

Thread: What Friends Are For (Digimon 02)

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default What Friends Are For (Digimon 02)

What Friends Are For
    by Blackjack Gabbiani

Do you, Miyako Inoue, take Kenneth Ichijouji...

It's my wedding day, the happiest day of a young woman's life. And here I am, next to the man of my dreams.

So why aren't I happy?

to be your lawful wedded husband

I've done nothing but dream about this day since I was a little girl. I should be overjoyed. But I'm not.

Don't get me wrong, I love Ken. But then...why am I shaking? Maybe if I just focus on the vows...

to love and to honor

No problem there. Like I said, I love him, there's no question about that. But it feels more like my love for Cody, or for T.K. It doesn't feel like I've always heard love should. This is more like the love I have for my friends.

to have and to hold

Again, no problem. I was there for Ken throughout his recovery from the Kaizer's posession. I was the first of the DigiDestined that Ken talked to about his brother. I shared things with Ken that I've never told anyone else.

...except for one thing. One thing that I've never told anybody.

forsaking all others

I glance back at the pews. Mimi meets my gaze and smiles, and a cold chill runs down my back. I've known it for a long time now, but I've never been able to admit it to myself. I am in love...but it's not with Ken.

for the sake of your one true love

I can never tell her. I can never tell Mimi how I feel about her. Better to just stay with Ken. He's already said his part of the vows, and he's the happiest I've ever seen him. In the front row, his parents cry tears of joy. I can't let them down. I can't let my family down.

Above all, I can't let Ken down. If I told him, it would break his heart. Better to live like this, with a man I love, but am not in love with. It's what friends are for.

Mimi smiles at me again, but I can't let her see me like this. Dammit! Why can't I just say what I feel? Quickly, I avert my eyes. Behind this vail, no one can see my eyes water.

for better or for worse

I hope that's true. I hope Ken will stand by me no matter what, as I have for him. But this is one thing I can never share with him. I can never tell him that I love Mimi the way I should be loving him. I just can't...

as long as you both shall live?

It's for the best, Yolei...

"I do."

Small and Deadly

Aw, poor Yolei =/ Nice ficlet though ^_^ Very short, but the shortness takes nothing away from the emotion. And I really like how the title ties in. Tis cool. Good job!
    Riding Fire
    A (very short and completed) original character fanfic about Rapidash Racing.

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Aww, thanks!

btw--Yolei/Mimi is called Revolutionshipping. And...you only get one guess as to why.

polyethylene

*stare*

I like this ship! YEAH! *grins*

Brilliant, though; and I'm in agreement with Abbey, it's short, but effective.

so sell your suit and tie and come and live with me
    leukemia schizophrenia polyethylene
    there is no significant risk to your health
    she used to be beautiful once as well

plastic bag, middle class, polyethylene
    decaffeinate, unleaded, keep all surfaces clean
    if you don't believe this, sell your soul
    if you don't get into it, no one will