Are We Heroes? - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are We Heroes?

I! AM NOT! A MORON! Sith Droideka's Avatar

Default Re: Are We Heroes?

Great writing! But I suppose the question is if they truly are heroes. Personally, I doubt it. I think that Boss is just trying to destroy threats to his power.

Also, is Net Gold?
    ALL Pokémon Are EQUAL, But SOME Pokémon Are MORE EQUAL Than Others

Oceania is at war with Eurasia Eastasia Eurasia Eastasia, and has always been at war with them!

WAR IS PEACE. FREEDOM IS SLAVERY. IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH. GOD IS POWER.

Next PolySci/Econ Test: November 8, 2016; Your crash-course will begin January 2013.

Galvantula ≥ Kyurem > Mewtwo > Arceus

Let's get funky! Gama's Avatar Former Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Battle Droid View Post
    Great writing! But I suppose the question is if they truly are heroes. Personally, I doubt it. I think that Boss is just trying to destroy threats to his power.

Also, is Net Gold?

I was surprised no one had noticed that. Well done - you win a speech cookie! (It's like a real cookie, but not real, it's just a saying)

Also, Are We Heroes? has been nominated for Best Dark Fic in the Fan Fiction Awards. If this is your favourite Dark Fic on the forum, be sure to show your support and even if it isn't - be sure to make your vote count here!

Part 4

I can’t believe he’s dead. I thought it was a joke but it wasn’t. I can’t believe I outlived Net, I never thought I would, he was so active. He just loved life so much; I can’t believe he’s dead.

Boss told me how it happened. Net had just gotten back from catching the Wooper and Mareep that I’d asked for when it happened. Does that make it my fault?

Anyway, Net rang Boss to let him know he was on his way back and to find out where the airship was. Whenever Net or Trooper get back from catching or training Pokémon, Boss always meets them on the deck of the airship because he’s so eager to see the Pokémon they’ve brought back. So Boss went to the deck to meet Net when he came back and Net gave him the three Poké Balls he had with him, the ones with Kenya, Net’s Fearow as well as the ones with the newly caught Wooper and Mareep. Just then the airship suddenly jolted and Net lost his footing, falling clean off the edge of the airship. Boss panicked and didn’t know what to do, but sent out Kenya to go and get Net very quickly. Kenya started to save Net but then she got spooked by Lugia and Ho-oh and flew back to safety on top of the airship.

I’ve been in my room for hours now, Boss wants me to come out but I won’t, he’s come knocking on the door a few times, but I keep telling him to go away. I’ve just been under the covers, I haven’t been doing anything. There’s a knock at the door. I ignore it, it’s probably just Boss again.

‘Brains?’ comes an inquisitive voice from outside that I recognise as Trooper, ‘I’ll go away if you want me to, but I’d really like to talk to you.’

I suppose I have no reason to be annoyed with Trooper.

‘Come in,’ I call out to her.

The door opens and Trooper comes in and sits down on my bed next to me.

‘Are you alright?’ she asks.

I move a little closer to her.

‘You know Net,’ comforts Trooper, ‘He wouldn’t have wanted anyone to be upset about his death.’
    ‘I still am though,’ I snap, burying my head in the pillow.
    ‘I am too,’ replies Trooper calmly with a tint of sadness in her voice, ‘That’s not what I’m trying to say, I’m really sad, you know.’

I take my head out of the pillow and look to her. She has tears in her eyes.

‘I’m sorry,’ I say, ‘I didn’t meant to be rude.’
    ‘It’s okay,’ Trooper answers, ‘I understand. It’s weird though, don’t you think?’
    ‘Yeah,’ I respond, ‘He was so full of life. I didn’t think he’d ever die.’
    ‘Well yeah,’ accepts Trooper, ‘But don’t you also think it’s weird that Kenya was scared of Lugia and Ho-oh? Kenya’s one of the Pokémon that Net’s had for the longest, I can’t imagine her being scared enough of Lugia and Ho-oh to fail to save Net as a result – she loved him.’

Trooper was right.

‘I’m surprised he fell,’ I add, ‘I’ve seen him run around on that deck really precariously and he never comes anywhere near falling.’
    ‘Boss said the ship jolted though,’ reminds Trooper.
    ‘I don’t remember it jolting,’ I comment.
    ‘What are we saying here?’ checks Trooper.
    ‘That maybe,’ I answer, ‘Maybe, it wasn’t an accident.’
    ‘Well, be careful,’ warns Trooper, ‘That’s a very serious accusation and we don’t have any real substance to it at the moment. Keep it to yourself for now.’
    ‘But if it’s true Boss might try to kill us!’ I object, ‘We can’t just sit on it!’
    ‘Why would Boss want to kill us?’ snaps Trooper, becoming suddenly impatient.
    ‘Why would he want to kill Net?’ I retort.
    ‘Exactly!’ announces Trooper throwing her arms up in the air, ‘He has no motive! Even though he had plenty of opportunity and he certainly had the means, he had no motive! You can’t pin a murder on someone without all three, so for now, we have to shut up, alright?’
    ‘Sorry,’ I mutter, she is right after all.
    ‘I’m sorry for losing my temper,’ apologises Trooper, regaining her composure, ‘Anyway, I’m supposed to be training the Pokémon Net died bringing back here – I don’t want his death to be in vain.’

I nod and Trooper leaves.

I stay in my room for a little while and then I go into Boss’ office to talk to him.

‘Ah, hello, Brains,’ greets Boss as I enter, ‘It’s good to see you that you’ve decided to talk to me. Please, take a seat.’

I take a seat straight away.

‘Is there anything I can help you with?’ asks Boss.
    ‘Yes,’ I answer, ‘I want to go home.’
    ‘What do you mean?’ questions Boss.

I should think it’s obvious really.

‘I want to go back to the Hoenn Battle Frontier and stay with my Dad,’ I clarify, feigning patience, ‘Can you take me there please?’
    ‘We’d have to wait for Trooper,’ explains Boss.
    ‘Well, can I go home after Trooper gets back?’ I request.
    ‘Of course,’ answers Boss, ‘You know you can visit the Battle Frontier as often as you like, particularly now that we’re through with the list.’
    ‘I didn’t want to visit,’ I clarify, even though I know Boss understood what I was truly trying to say, ‘I wanted to go back to live there.’
    ‘No,’ snaps Boss, ‘That you can’t do.’
    ‘Why not?’ I object, ‘You just said yourself that we’re through with the list! We’re finished! We can all go home now!’
    ‘I’m afraid it’s not that simple, Brains,’ retorts Boss, ‘We’ve taken on the role of world police and now we have a certain responsibility. We can’t retire. We’ve finished the list but we’re not finished with crime. New villains are emerging everyday and if we don’t stop them, who will?’

I don’t care.

‘I want to go home,’ I reiterate.
    ‘We’ve done so much,’ continues Boss, acting as if he didn’t hear what I said, ‘We’ve taken down Red, Team Galactic, Palmer and the corrupt Frontier Brains of Sinnoh, Lance and Clair, don’t even get me started on all the people from Isshu we’ve take down. We can’t stop now.’
    ‘We can,’ I insist, ‘We’ve done so much, we don’t need to do anything more. We’ve finally finished the list! After all these years, we’ve finished the list so now we’re done!’

I’m really getting angry now.

‘This isn’t about the list!’ shouts Boss at an incredible volume, springing to his feet, ‘The list was a guideline! It was a focal point! The list isn’t the be all and end all!’

Boss clears his throat and takes a seat.

‘Excuse me,’ he says, more calmly now, ‘Let me tell you a story, Brains. It’s the story of when I first met Net.’
    ‘Go ahead,’ I say.
    ‘I lived in Johto, just like Net,’ explains Boss, ‘I grew up in a place called Cianwood City, you’ve never been there. There’s never been any need for us to go there, it’s a virtually crime free city. You grew up in a Battle Frontier, so I’m sure you were used to seeing corruption and bullying from a young age, but I was not. I was a young man by the time I met Net, I already had Weavile then, although he was a Sneasel at the time and I also had a Shuckle. One day though, a boy with long, red hair and piercing eyes barged into my house and demanded to see my Pokémon, I thought nothing of it at the time, in fact, I relished the opportunity to show them off as I knew both of them were quite rare.’

Just like Boss to be vain. I had a feeling he always had been.

‘So I sent out Sneasel and Shuckle,’ continued Boss, ‘And this guy eyed them up, looked them up and down wordlessly and then demanded to be given Sneasel, remarking that it looked like quite the fighter. I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. Soon enough though, he sent out a bunch of fierce Pokémon and forcibly took Sneasel away from me. I was in shock.’

That sounds horrible. I’ve never had my own Pokémon, but I bet having yours taken away from you is pretty horrible.

‘Later that day, Net came into my house,’ Boss narrated with tears beginning to well up in the corners of his eyes, ‘I was too scared to have Pokémon with me just in case that horrible boy came back, so I gave him my Shuckle to hold on to. He later came back, returned it to me, bid me good day and went on his way. Some time later, Net returned to see how I was doing and I asked if he would help me track down the thief and retrieve my Sneasel and he said that he would. It didn’t take long at all, he used his Fearow, Kenya, to Fly us both to Blackthorn City, took me into the Dragon’s Den and the thief was right there in the cave. The thief said he didn’t want to battle now but Net insisted, saying that he wanted him to return my Sneasel. The two of them battled and Net came out on top, making the thief give me back my Sneasel. Net asked if I was ready to leave but I didn’t say anything, I was just too angry. The rage was boiling up inside me. I was much bigger than the thief, I knew when Pokémon were taken out of the equation I could easily overpower him and that’s exactly what I did – I knocked him to the floor and strangled him to death right there in the Dragon’s Den, then I threw his corpse into the water.’

Strange. Boss doesn’t seem like the type to get his hands dirty.

‘That was the moment I had my dream,’ explains Boss, ‘My dream to rid the world of crime and I asked Net to help me. He took some coaxing, but he eventually agreed. Do you see what I’m trying to say? This guy was just a nobody who thought I could push him around, people like that don’t make it on to lists, but they still need to be taken care of. Finishing the list doesn’t mean we can stop, it means we need a better list.’

I didn’t know what to say to this. Is he trying to say we’re going to do this forever?

‘What happened to your Shuckle?’ I ask, in an attempt to get Boss talking so I can think of some kind of response.
    ‘I gave it to Net,’ replies Boss nonchalantly, ‘I had to thank him somehow. Well, it was partly a thank you, partly a bribe.’

Typical. I wonder if Net knows that Shuckle was a bribe? I mean ‘knew’ not ‘knows’. It’s sad changing everything to past tense but I suppose I have to now that Net is gone.

‘Net is gone!’ I exclaim without thinking, I then pause and then proceed to attempt to clarify what I was saying, ‘We can’t do it anymore without Net. It’s the four of us, each one of us is important.’

Boss pauses for a moment like he’s thinking about something.

‘That’s not exactly true,’ he finally responds, ‘As tragic as it was, Net’s death was undeniably well timed. You said yourself that the last two Pokémon you’d need were a Quagsire and an Ampharos and he died immediately after delivering them. We can still go on.’

Something suddenly clicks in my head. It’s not quite a motive but it’s certainly something. Maybe Boss wanted to kill Net anyway and the only reason he hadn’t already was because he didn’t need him anymore? I have to tell Trooper this development as soon as possible.

‘You’re right,’ I lie, just so he’ll let me go back to my room, ‘I’m sorry for contradicting you, I’m going to go back to my room now.’
    ‘I understand,’ replies Boss so compassionately that I almost feel bad.

I return to my room and grab my Poké Gear so I can phone Trooper but my thumb won’t press the button. I trusted Boss, I really did. I didn’t like him, but I never before thought he could be a killer. Maybe I’m not that great at where I place my trust – what if Trooper is in on it too? What if the reason she came to talk to me about Boss and Net was just to check whether I was thinking of doing anything about it and stopping me if I was. Maybe if I tell Trooper she’ll tell Boss and then he’ll do something to keep me quiet, maybe he’ll kill me and find a new battler. I have to keep this to myself. I have to fight them by myself but what can I do? I’m aboard an airship and I don’t have any Pokémon, I can’t run away and get help – even if I got a Pokémon out of the vault, Boss would notice me going on one of the cameras from his office and then I’d have to answer to him. This isn’t going to be easy.

Get those Devil Horns up Magmortar123's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This is an awesome fic. The darkest I've ever read. Can't wwait for part 5!
    My stats
    BMGF Mentor Program!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Springer
    Would you dance on a Czechoslovakian?
    I strongly support DaniHime (Me X Orihime)

Blog Entries

Lovin' the Fic this really keeps me guessing. The Boss is one heck of a villian, can't wait for part 5, I bet Trooper is next on the hit list after training them.

I! AM NOT! A MORON! Sith Droideka's Avatar

So Net is Gold, and Boss is that man that gives you a Shuckle. Now, I suppose that we need to learn who Brains and Trooper are.

I thought that Brains was Barry, but I guess I'm wrong. And that hit list doesn't include Giovanni, for some reason. How suspicious.

Also, I just realized something. This is what would happen if you turned evil. As in, you in-game. All those Legendaries, capable of beating Red, etc.

Too bad this chapter was posted after nominations finished.
    ALL Pokémon Are EQUAL, But SOME Pokémon Are MORE EQUAL Than Others

Oceania is at war with Eurasia Eastasia Eurasia Eastasia, and has always been at war with them!

WAR IS PEACE. FREEDOM IS SLAVERY. IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH. GOD IS POWER.

Next PolySci/Econ Test: November 8, 2016; Your crash-course will begin January 2013.

Galvantula ≥ Kyurem > Mewtwo > Arceus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Battle Droid View Post
    So Net is Gold, and Boss is that man that gives you a Shuckle. Now, I suppose that we need to learn who Brains and Trooper are.

I thought that Brains was Barry, but I guess I'm wrong. And that hit list doesn't include Giovanni, for some reason. How suspicious.

Also, I just realized something. This is what would happen if you turned evil. As in, you in-game. All those Legendaries, capable of beating Red, etc.

Too bad this chapter was posted after nominations finished.
    With regards to who Brains and Trooper are: Trooper is no one, she's just someone from Sinnoh who's really good at training Pokemon. Brains isn't anyone you meet in-game but he is related to someone who you meet in one of the games.

Moderator AceTrainer14's Avatar Forum Head
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

I am loving all the references to the in-game Pokemon you can get. This is a really good series. I thought that the ship jolting sounded dodgy as well, and I am not thoroughly convinced that Boss is telling the truth. Can't wait for Part 5!

^^^^ The GalacticVerse Bibliography (Thanks to Blazaking for Banner) ^^^^

In the land of bad weather and many mosquitos: Minnesota

Dang Silver is dead. Meh. Good chapter though as usual.

Props to Instrutilus for the sick banner.

...and Never-Turn-Back. Giratina!'s Avatar
    somewhere on the other side of the multiple universes, on a track running parallel to your Earth...

Overall, I'm really enjoying this. Although you could certainly spend a bit more time on the deaths itself - not just "Weavile impaled him and then Boss pranced away" but put in more detail, considering it is a fourteen-year-old who still seems to be rather emotionally tethered to the world watching people die - most of the stuff you've done here is all good. However, there are two minor problems I have:

- Proper use of the Enter key.
    I'm surprised nobody pointed this out yet. You must press the Enter key twice between every new paragraph, even conversations. Which means this...

‘It’s okay,’ Trooper answers, ‘I understand. It’s weird though, don’t you think?’
    ‘Well yeah,’ accepts Trooper, ‘But don’t you also think it’s weird that Kenya was scared of Lugia and Ho-oh? Kenya’s one of the Pokémon that Net’s had for the longest, I can’t imagine her being scared enough of Lugia and Ho-oh to fail to save Net as a result – she loved him.’
    turns to this...

- Red's characterization.
    Personally, I reside in the camp that believes that Red became mute some way or another, but since you obviously don't I will take it from a different perspective. No matter what we believe happened to him, he says absolutely nothing in HGSS (well, unless you count "Ellipsis ellipsis ellipsis ellipsis..."), which means he’s certainly not the one to go to for small talk. He's also not the one to go to for witty in-battle commentary, either. All in all, for a guy who is silent in canon he talks waaay too much.
    valuable are the new friends
    yet priceless are the old;
    but they all have souls of silver
    and they all have hearts of gold.

wings have we | abecedarian

Blog Entries

It's strange, Giratina, in my writing outside of fanfiction I've already made that grammatical change but I still haven't in my fanfiction. Oh well, I have now, thanks for reminding me too.

As for Red's characterisation, that just boils down to a difference of opinion. I'm not gonna get into a debate about it though, it's not all that important really.

Anyway, here is Part Five. (Penultimate chapter!)

Part 5

Thinking over some of the trainers we’ve killed in the past, I’m pretty sure some of them were not as bad as Boss made out. For example, I’m pretty sure Red wasn’t in cahoots with Team Rocket and that Lucas kid from Sinnoh being blamed for intentionally causing the Sunyshore power outage so that he could wreak havoc on the inhabitants of the town seemed a bit dubious too. Interestingly, both of them possessed Legendary Pokémon – maybe that’s what Boss was really after.

On the other hand, it’s undeniable that some of them were bad people. Ariana of Team Rocket, for example, was a terribly cruel woman – without a doubt she was behind the revivals of Team Rocket in Johto and Orre, in spite of the fact that she used Archer and Proton respectively as figureheads. Additionally, doesn’t the fact that Boss went out of his way to even kill every Grunt involved with the organisation surely show that he isn’t just trying to acquire Legendary Pokémon? In fact, not one person involved in Team Rocket, with the possible exception of Red, possessed a Legendary Pokémon. It’s possible, I suppose, that Boss targeted the whole of Team Rocket just as an excuse to get to Red, but it didn’t seem very likely.

Then there are some that I simply can’t place. Clair and Lance, for example, although they had no Legendaries, certainly had some very powerful Pokémon. In fact, between them they had five Dragonite, each of which had a unique move set, making all of them very valuable assets indeed. I’ve used each of them in battle at one time or another so taking down Clair and Lance was definitely advantageous to us. On the other hand, I really did believe, at the time, that Clair and Lance were using their Pokémon to rob people across Kanto and Johto as well as controlling the Pokémon League Association with them. Now I’m not so certain.

To put it simply, I just have no idea what Boss is truly up to.

I really need to talk this through with someone but how can I? Obviously Boss isn’t an option. It’s certainly not unthinkable that Trooper is in on it with him, so I can’t risk talking to her. The only way I could talk to someone other than those two is by leaving the airship, in which case Boss would know I was up to something.

Trooper isn’t even here anyway, it’s just me, Boss and the Pokémon.

That’s it! The Pokémon! I can talk out some theories with an eyewitness of what happened – Kenya the Fearow herself. I leave my room and head towards the vault where all the Poké Balls are kept, it’s tucked away, far away from all the entrances and exits just in case someone manages to get into the ship. After a solid ten minutes of walking, I find myself at the door of the vault. I never usually go in here myself but we all know the codes just in case. I press the ten digit number into the keypad and the door unlocks. Pokémon are organised by National Pokédex number, so it should be pretty easy for me to find Kenya, number twenty two, relatively early on.

I run my hand along the first row of Poké Balls. Red’s Pokémon have already been put into the system. Well, Venusaur, Charizard and Blastoise at the very least. It’s not long before I get to Kenya’s Poké Ball, I pick it up and I put it in my pocket. I leave the vault and take a look left and right, if Boss sees me coming out of the vault, he’ll ask what I was doing in there and I’ll be panicking too much to think of an excuse – then he’ll know something’s going on and he won’t be happy at all. I hope he doesn’t put me on his list. I don’t think he would. I hurry back to my room; I really don’t want Boss to see me.

I make it to my room and sit down. My heart is racing. If Boss really is a good guy – why am I so scared of him? I release Kenya from her Poké Ball; I can’t wait to discuss things with her. She bursts out and lets out a tortured screech – I’m not great at raising Pokémon, but even I can tell she’s not happy. She must be upset about Net, she’s a smart Pokémon so she obviously knows what happened.

Dear God. She wasn’t crying because she was upset at all, she must be in horrible pain. Her right wing is slashed right down the centre – that damage might be irreparable. I’d recognise that wound anywhere; this was definitely the work of Boss’ Weavile. That’s the only Pokémon I would know that would happily wreak permanent injury on another Pokémon too. I guess most would if their masters commanded it but I bet Weavile relished the opportunity.

That’s it. Boss didn’t send Kenya out at all. Kenya was already out, he had Weavile slash it to stop it. That must be it – Weavile would never usually attack a fellow Pokémon, it’s far too cowardly. The only way Boss’ Weavile would be willing to attack another Pokémon would be if it was distracted, for instance if it was trying to save its master.

I hear the door to Boss’ office slam; I panic and withdraw Kenya to her Poké Ball. She screeches as it sucks her in, she clearly doesn’t want to go in. Why is Boss leaving his office? Did he see me getting Kenya out of the vault on the cameras? I really hope he didn’t. I hear his footsteps coming down the hallway with an air of authority and I can hear Weavile scurrying after him, screeching excitedly. What’s it so excited about anyway?

Oh no, Boss is going to kill me. That’s why Weavile’s excited, Boss has told it to be ready for a kill. Boss’ footsteps continue and get ever closer to my door, along with Weavile’s. He’s going to stop outside my room, pull open the door and then Weavile is going to jump at me and slash my chest open. Or maybe it’ll impale me; I wonder how Weavile will kill me. I hope it isn’t too painful but I bet it is.

Boss reaches my door. Then he keeps going. I guess it was just a coincidence. But where else could he be going? Of course! Trooper must be back!

That was really quick.

After I’m sure Boss is no longer in the corridor outside my room, I exit and run after him. I make sure to keep my distance so that I’m following him. Weavile keeps turning around as if it knows something is wrong, but it doesn’t see me.

Eventually he reaches the exit onto the upper deck of the ship and so do I. He exits but I just stand nearby where I can see and hear what’s going on.

I’m beginning to rethink my theory that Trooper may be in on this with Boss, for one thing it looks as if he may be planning to kill her. Looking back, I didn’t really have much reason not to trust her, I think I was just being unnecessarily paranoid.

I stand frozen and watch as Trooper arrives on the back of a Staraptor. I should really do something but all I do is watch.

‘You’re finished already?’ questions Boss.

‘Yup,’ answers Trooper, climbing off the back of her Staraptor, ‘You sound surprised but you know I’m the best.’

Trooper smiles proudly and hands over the Poké Balls containing my Quagsire and Ampharos. I’ve signed her death warrant just like I signed Net’s. If I’d never said that I wouldn’t need any more Pokémon Boss would have let them live. If I’d made Boss think they were still necessary, he wouldn’t have killed them.

He hasn’t killed her, I can still stop this. If I charge out there it won’t help though, Boss is bigger than me and Weavile is stronger than Kenya. I’ll have to come up with another plan to save Trooper.

‘Congratulations,’ replies Boss, ‘You have completed everything I need you for.’

‘Oh?’ says Trooper suspiciously.

Boss then proceeds to kick Trooper in the chest, knocking her off the edge of the airship and sending her to her doom and the same time as Weavile jumps and attacks the Staraptor she rode in on.

I missed my opportunity to save her. I’m useless.

No, it’s not too late, she’s not dead yet, I can still save her! I can go down to the vault, grab a Flying type and rescue her before she hits the ground.

That’ll never work, it’ll take like ten minutes to get to the vault and then another ten minutes to get to the lower exit of the airship. She’ll definitely be dead by then. I’ll have to take my chances with Kenya even though she’s injured. I hope she’s up to the job.

I run down to the lower exit of the airship as quickly as I can. I just have to save Trooper; I can’t let her go the same way as Net. If I do, it’ll just be me and Boss, I’ll be alone and he’ll never let me go home.

I get to the lower exit and I open it up. I press down the trigger on Kenya’s Poké Ball and throw it out of the bottom of the exit. This is the exit we usually use to get out when the airship isn’t in motion. I really hope Kenya can do this, she seemed pretty badly injured.

‘You can do it!’ I cheer, but too loudly – I don’t want Boss to hear me.

I can still see Trooper tumbling in the distance. I can’t hear her though. Then Kenya plummets along with her. Not only have I failed to save Trooper but I’ve sent Kenya to her doom too. I guess the damage to her wing was just too much.

I sink to my knees and I consider throwing myself out too. What’s the point in living now? I’ve lost.

Then suddenly – hope!

Kenya bursts into action like a young chick flying for the first time. She swoops down at an extraordinary velocity and manages to grab Trooper. I think she does anyway, they’re both really, really far away now.

They’re not out of the woods yet though – there’s still the return journey.

The twenty seconds between Kenya grabbing Trooper and bringing her back to the airship are probably the tensest twenty seconds of my life.

Kenya puts Trooper down next to me. They both look exhausted, so I retreat Kenya to her Poké Ball.

‘Thanks, kid,’ mutters Trooper after a minute or so of not saying anything.

‘I guess we have some pretty good evidence now,’ I say, ‘Can we go after him?’

‘We sure can,’ replies Trooper and pats me on the back.

We don’t even need to say where we’re headed – we both know we’re going to the vault. We grab as many Poké Balls as we can and rush to Boss’ office. We both know which the strongest ones are, so we go straight for them. I’m wearing my satchel and I fill it to bursting point and Trooper fills her bag too. We have a hell of a lot of Pokémon with us now. I didn’t take any Legendaries though – I don’t like them after all and I’m sure Trooper did anyway.

We knock on the door of Boss’ office but there’s no answer so we just go in anyway. There’s a note on his desk which says ‘I’m on the upper deck if you need me, yours sincerely, Boss.’

Trooper and I look to each other and nod. Of course we’re going to go.

We walk a lot more slowly this time. We don’t need to rush. He’s going to be there, and if he isn’t, we’ll meet him on the way there.

When we get to the upper deck, Boss is facing the door and Weavile is standing behind him.

‘You two took your time,’ he says with a smile.

‘We never said we were coming,’ retorts Trooper in the place of a better comeback.

‘Yes,’ concedes Boss, ‘But I knew you were. I saw your miraculous rescue of Trooper, Brains. That was very well done. I saw and heard everything. You two know I have cameras all over the ship – are you stupid or something?’

‘Well if you knew we were coming,’ snaps Trooper, ‘You knew you were going to have to give us answers, I hope you’ve had time to prepare your speech.’

‘Ah,’ answers Boss, ‘I am afraid that that is not the case, Trooper. You see, since we landed on Mt. Silver, I’ve had all of our Legendary Pokémon strapped to my belt. I think you’ll find I’m far from at your mercy.’

Boss smiles and picks a Poké Ball from his belt.

‘I’m ready when you are,’ he announces.

Get those Devil Horns up Magmortar123's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wow! this just keeps getting better and better! Can't wait for the next part!
    My stats
    BMGF Mentor Program!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Springer
    Would you dance on a Czechoslovakian?
    I strongly support DaniHime (Me X Orihime)

Moderator AceTrainer14's Avatar Forum Head
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Oh my god: major cliffhanger! I am glad Trooper isn't dead, but I think that this story is definitley far from over. I can't wait to see the shocking battle that is coming next.

^^^^ The GalacticVerse Bibliography (Thanks to Blazaking for Banner) ^^^^

...and Never-Turn-Back. Giratina!'s Avatar
    somewhere on the other side of the multiple universes, on a track running parallel to your Earth...

Yay. :D (About the Red thing - of course I realized it's alternate character interpretation, but it would still be wise to pay attention to canon characters' personalities in future works. ;D)

Anyway, new chapter! Woot! I pretty much knew that Boss was going to end up fighting them eventually, though I am interested to see how a two-on-one battle will end up; especially against someone who doesn't exactly play by the rules. (Pokémon impaling people, anyone?) Anyhow, good job. I'm still waiting for part six. :3
    valuable are the new friends
    yet priceless are the old;
    but they all have souls of silver
    and they all have hearts of gold.

wings have we | abecedarian

Yes It is our deeds which built us hero and in the game when you open your mind and eyes than it is easy to become a hero

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Giratina! View Post
    Yay. :D (About the Red thing - of course I realized it's alternate character interpretation, but it would still be wise to pay attention to canon characters' personalities in future works. ;D)

Anyway, new chapter! Woot! I pretty much knew that Boss was going to end up fighting them eventually, though I am interested to see how a two-on-one battle will end up; especially against someone who doesn't exactly play by the rules. (Pokémon impaling people, anyone?) Anyhow, good job. I'm still waiting for part six. :3
    Well my personal opinion on the main characters of the Pokemon series is that they're massively open to interpretation as they're meant to represent you. So when I represent them in a story, I tend to take free reign with the character. understand that Red is a little different though as he does appear as an NPC but I still play pretty freely with those characters.

ALSO, don't forget to support Are We Heroes in the First Quarterly Fanfiction Awards! It's up for Best Dark Fic and it'd be awesome if it could get your vote!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast