TEEN: The Surprising Adventures of a Glaceon in Unova (Finished!) - Page 4
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Surprising Adventures of a Glaceon in Unova (Finished!)

Blog Entries

Default Re: The Surprising Adventures of a Glaceon in Unova (Chapter 27)

Chapter Twenty-Eight: Electrifying Battle at High Speed

Boreas felt strangely wistful as they passed a pile of destroyed umbrellas. In the week since the endless storms had, in fact, ended, the city had begun a large clean-up action to clear the mess the storms had left. To make recycling easier, the different kinds of rubbish were sorted into piles of their own kind. When the storms had first ended and the Sun had shown itself for the first time in weeks, everyone, including Boreas, had been delighted. However, the Sun had quickly shown itself to be a sorry excuse for a lava lamp in this time of year: it would rise very late in the south east, make a tiny hop along the sky, and disappeared under the horizon very early in the south west. During the short time it was in the sky, it would stick close to the southern horizon, looking pitiful compared to its majestic summer self and providing little light and barely any heat. In fact it was possible to look straight into it with little discomfort. Not that Boreas complained, he actually liked the Sun a long better like this.

Though the sky was completely clear in the days that followed, it was even colder than during the storm. But today, the sky was clouded again. These weren't the dark, rolling storm clouds that had vexed Unova for weeks, though, but thick white clouds that bathed the world in a strange, orange light unlike anything Boreas had ever seen.

Boreas shuddered as he saw the Ferris wheel in the distance and turned his mind to the upcoming Gym battle. Now that he had finally learnt Ice Beam during the battle with the anonymous pokémon master, he was fairly confident they would stand a good chance against Elesa. Octa's skills with the Leaf Blade would be of great use as well.

When they reached the Gym, Black stopped for a moment and looked as if he was going to address his pokémon, then shivered in the cold air and hurried inside instead.

Elesa was waiting for them. “Finally we get to battle again, I've been waiting for this rematch but I won't give that Bolt Badge easily, by the way you and your pokémon certainly look more powerful, I wonder if you can defeat me or if the fantastic speed will leave you dizzy again?”

Black and Elesa sat on the chairs as the roller coaster lurched into motion. “We'll each use three pokémon,” said Elesa, “switching out counts as a forfeit, no items allowed, Volta, you go first!”

As Elesa sent out her Emolga Boreas stepped forward, already knowing what Black was going to order. Volta the Emolga launched herself into the air and flew through the Gym on her own. The electric pouches on her cheeks flared and she shot a big ball of electricity into the cart. As the ball approached, Boreas ran and jumped over the cart's edge, avoiding the Thunderbolt. In mid-air, he shot an Ice Beam, freezing the left rail before landing on it. When he landed with his feet on the ice-covered rail, he began sliding rapidly, continually firing more Ice Beams on the track in front of him to make sure it would be covered in ice to slide on as he skied over it. Behind him he could hear the crackling sound as the cart's wheels shattered the ice covering on the rail, but it fell farther behind as Boreas was going faster than the cart.

As he skied over the rail at amazing speed, he almost forgot his opponent. Volta had been utterly amazed at Boreas' action and unable to zap him at first, but now she was coming to her senses and pursuing him. She hit the tracks with several charges, but Boreas didn't feel anything as the ice between his feet and the metal track was a very poor conductor. He was getting the hang of this now, and also finding he could easily increase or decrease his speed by hitting the track with Ice Beams more or less often and so lowering or increasing the friction.

A moment after Ice Beaming the track again, he turned his head to the Emolga who was flying to his left, charging another attack, and shot an Ice Beam at her. He didn't have time to see the result, as he already felt friction on his feet increasing, but he heard a loud squeak of pain.

He took another look and saw the Emolga plummet down helplessly, unable to fly because the Ice Beam had hit her right in the chest and frozen her pectoral muscles. She disappeared as Elesa returned her to her pokéball; a flash of light in the cart showed another pokémon being switched in as Boreas reached an uphill part of the track. Fortunately, his speed was great enough that he slid up it, but he had to Ice Beam the tracks continually to do so. When he reached the top of the uphill part, he began regaining the speed he had lost.

Before he could take a look at his new opponent, he felt a sharp yank on one of his legs and a painful shock went through him at the same moment. A thin, sticky, sparking wire had caught around his leg and more of the same kind of wire were being shot at him by the Galvantula. He sped up further and hit it with a few Ice Beams, but unlike his squirrelly ally Galvantula didn't have such easily exploitable weak spots. Another electrifying wire ended up around his tail, and then one around his neck.

Suddenly Boreas' momentum became a horrid disadvantage as the wire around his neck nearly garrotted him. More wires stuck to him, making his muscles convulse with the shocks they received, and pulling him off the tracks. After a fall, he hung from the wires sticking to him and began to black out from the pain of the increasing shocks and the garrotting wire around his neck. He looked between the spots dancing in front of his eyes and saw he was hanging from Galvantula by Electroweb, whom was hanging from the coaster by a single wire. Trying his hardest to keep his shocked muscles under control, he fired two Ice Beams: one at the wire Galvantula was hanging from and one at its bum. The first Ice Beam severed the wire, sending them both into free-fall, and the second disabled his opponents spinnerets.

Without his weight making the wire around his neck strangle him, Boreas could breathe freely. He formed a fierce Icy Wind to blow both free-falling combatants to a lower piece of the track, and then created Powder Snow there to soften his impact. The impact on the snow still knocked the air out of him, but Galvantula, who hadn't had such a soft landing, looked much worse.

The spider jumped on top of him and sunk his mandibles into Boreas' flesh, sending massive shocks through his body while Boreas used the opportunity to fire a lengthy Ice Beam directly into his face. Shocking and freezing each other, both in severe pain, it was only a matter of who would give up first. It turned out to be Galvantula, as his shocks became weaker and weaker and then completely stopped. Boreas carefully pushed the spider off of him, cringing in pain as the two mandibles left the deep wounds they had created. Elesa was at the moment far too distant to see that her pokémon had fainted, so Boreas used the time to start skiing on the tracks again and built up some speed. He was wounded, tired, and still sparkling with electricity, but perhaps he could tire the final opponent so it would be easier for the next pokémon to beat.

Since he was very low in the Gym, it wasn't easy to start moving rapidly again, but eventually he managed to build up a lot of speed. As he skied over the roller coaster tracks again, he heard the sound of hoof beats behind him. A Zebstrika was rapidly catching up, running at incredible speed over the black platform the tracks were resting on. Boreas tried to hit it with Ice Beams, but when he tried it would form a lightning spark right in the way of the Ice Beam, parrying the attack. A moment later it was running next to him, sending the same sparks arcing through Boreas, who countered by enveloping both of them in an icy cloud of frostiness and Ice Beaming his opponent's legs, trying to make it trip.

But it was too nimble, its legs easily dodging Boreas' Ice Beams, so he used them on its body instead. Then it stopped sparking him, and both were engulfed in flames. Boreas howled in pain as the horrifyingly warm flames embraced him, circling around and searing. He jumped off the tracks, away from his opponent and the flames, and landed on a far-away piece of track thanks to his great speed. A moment later, he heard the heavy hoof beat of Zebstrika next to him as it completed the same jump. He saw something that gave him an idea, but he was going to have to endure the Flame Charge for a while.

Burning flames enveloped him once again. He didn't even try to hit his opponent now, instead resolving to use his powers to keep himself as cool as possible and to combat the flames. The track rapidly curved upwards, and the platform curved along with it. It went steeper and steeper, then vertical, and only centrifugal force kept the zebra and the fox from falling out of the loop. When they were upside-down there was a terrifying moment when Boreas's feet left the track, and for that single moment he was sure he'd fall and break his neck. Then his feet touched the loop again as it curved down, and moments later they moved horizontally again.

Boreas realised timing would be vital to his plan and glimpsed between the searing flames embracing him to time it right. He mentally counted down, then took a big jump. He heard Zebstrika follow him and smirked as he neared another part of the track. A moment before landing, he created a fierce Icy Wind that blew him just aside from the tracks. He fell into the black depths under it as the confused Zebstrika landed on the tracks. And was promptly hit by the cart coming the other way.

Boreas landed relatively softly on the cushioned Gym floor under the roller coaster. After a moment, Boreas realised he'd won the battle on his own and cheered.

A few minutes later, as they left the Gym, the entire team was cheering for him and praising him. Basking in their adulation, Boreas didn't even notice the world outside had changed completely until he'd taken a few steps outside. Everything was a bright white now, not just the clouds, as it was all covered in a thin layer of snow. The snow was rapidly getting thicker as more fell from the sky. Boreas was amazed and delighted. He had, of course, seen snow before, but only snow he had made himself.

Present

“...To see it snowing naturally was pretty amazing.”

It was late evening by now, the sky had gone black and littered with hundreds of stars. Only the smallest moon was up, so it was very dark; but Boreas didn't mind, as he and Aqua were lying very close to each other and holding paws. Boreas felt incredibly happy and incredibly in love. Butterfrees flew around in his stomach next to the fish they'd caught earlier that evening. Or rather, Aqua had caught fish while Boreas splashed around clumsily in the water getting nowhere close to the figh. Fortunately she had shared the fish she had caught with him.

“D'you know what's even more amazing?” Aqua asked, “you, defeating a Gym Leader entirely on your own! That's awesome. Unless, of course, you were just bragging?”

“No, every words I said was the truth. I was amazed by it myself, actually, I had never expected that. The rest of the team was amazed too, I was their hero for days to come.”

For a while they just sat there enjoying each other's company, but then Aqua stood up. “Well, it's getting late, so I guess it's time to go.”

Boreas didn't want to go. So far, he'd had one of the greatest days of his life and he didn't want it to end. “But... What about the rest of my story? We're nearing the end, so it won't take that long any more.”

“That's all the more reason not to tell it now, it'll give us an excuse to meet again tomorrow,” Aqua said, making Boreas' heart jump with joy, “Unless you don't want to, of course.”

“No, no, no,” Boreas quickly assured her, “I do want to meet you tomorrow. I'd love to.”

“Great, see you then!” He saw a flash of movement in the dark and heard splashing in the water. He dreamily thought about how great the day had been. Spending the whole day with Aqua, talking to her, flirting with her, tickling her... He sighed as he remembered it. After a few minutes a worrying thought surfaced, though: Now, how am I going to get back?

The rocks the beach was located between were far too steep to climb, and he certainly couldn't swim all the way home. “Aqua?!” he called, “Are you still here?! I need some help!”

No answer. In that case, Boreas figured he'd just have to swim and try to find a way up the banks as soon as possible. He walked into the frigid water, blacker than the night itself, and began swimming along with the current. After a few seconds in the water, he suddenly felt something brush by his feet, and wondered what kind of horrible water creature was going to eat him. [i]Calm down</i>, he told himself, it was probably nothing worse than a Magikarp or a Goldeen.

Suddenly something grabbed his leg and pulled it down. Blind panic grabbed a hold of Boreas as he began struggling like a madman to escape. Then he suddenly felt a pinch on his left buttock and calmed down. “Aqua? That's you, isn't it?”

A shapely silhouette surfaced next to him. “Aww, how'd you know it was me?”

“Because you also goosed me while we were catching fish.”

“I told you, a fish bit you.”

“Once maybe, but twice? You're as guilty as a puppy sitting next to a pile of poo. Anyway, that wasn't funny, you scared me half to death!”

“I'm sorry, it was just too funny not to do that.”

“Just help me swim back, okay?”

“Aww, can wittle Boweas not swim fow himself?” she said in a mocking kiddie voice.

“C'mon, you know I'm a worthless swimmer.”

“What's the magic word?”

“Please, can you help me swim back?”

“Okay. Hold on tight.”

She came close enough and Boreas put his arms around her. Feeling her so close to him, a wave of affection washed over him and he immediately forgave her mean prank. He let his head rest on her shoulder as he began stroking her ears. He felt dizzy with love and almost began kissing her neck, but she said: “Stop. At least, for now. That's all very distracting, and we'll end up swimming into a rock if you keep it up.”

They swam on in silence as Boreas stopped distracting her, just enjoying the physical contact instead. They reached Driftveil far too soon for Boreas' taste. When they reached the shallow water by the pier they had met at that morning, Boreas' feet touched the ground and he let go of Aqua.

“Well, see you tomorrow,” said Aqua as she began swimming off.

“Aqua, wait!” Boreas stopped her.

“Hmm?” she turned around to face him. With the city's dim ambient light illuminating her face and her eyes reflecting the stars, she looked more gorgeous than she ever had. Boreas knew he had to say it now or his head would explode.

“I'm...” he hesitated, then drew a breath and continued, “I'm in love with you, Aqua. You're the kindest, most lovely, charming, awesome girl I've ever met. You're the most pleasant company I've ever been in, and you make me feel warm and dizzy just by thinking of you. When you touch me, it's like...” he struggled to find the right word and gave up, “I'm sorry. I just can't express it in words, because words that describe what I feel for you just don't exist.”

Aqua had slowly been approaching him closer and closer while he talked; her face was very close to his now. “Try...” she whispered, “expressing it without words.”

Boreas decided to do so. He closed the last bit of distance between their faces, interlocking their lips in a passionate kiss. He closed his eyes in delight. It was as if all the happiness and joy he had ever felt was repeated five times within a single moment. The warm feeling of love filled his entire body as if he had his own private Sun burning within. After who knows how long, their lips slowly parted as they still sat in the shallow water embracing each other. They didn't say a word for minutes. Then Aqua whispered: “Yes, I feel the same way.” She slipped away from Boreas' arms as she disappeared under water.

Blog Entries

Default Re: The Surprising Adventures of a Glaceon in Unova (Chapter 28)

Wow wasn't expecting that, two major surprises in the one chapter (thats probably why you've called it the 'surprising' adventures)
    anyway the last chapter was awesome too that battle with
    was really well done

Earth. One of the continents, to be specific.

I have a really, really bad feeling about Aqua. She seems suspicious. I don't really have atheory for what's wrong, but there's definitely something off. Either she's actually bad or she's not but just hiding something, but either way...
    Other than that, I really love this story and hope you continue soon.
    Actually, no, not other than that, it adds suspense. :D
    Stupidity killed the cat. Curiosity was framed.

"When I get a little money, I buy books, and, if there is any left, I buy food and clothes." -Erasmus

Aziraphale patted Crowley on the back. "We seem to have survived," he said. "Just imagine how terrible it might have been if we'd been at all competent." -Terry Pratchett, Neil Gaiman Good Omens

Blog Entries

Wow wasn't expecting that, two major surprises in the one chapter (thats probably why you've called it the 'surprising' adventures)
    Sure, let's go with that.

anyway the last chapter was awesome too that battle with Marshall I'm guessing was really well done
    Very good, you must have some cookies for that.

Chapter Twenty-Nine: The Chapter Without a Title

Boreas sat in the shallow water in a blissful daze. He had no idea how long he sat there and not a single thought went through his mind. He just stared at the stars' reflection in the water, still feeling the wonderful feeling of Aqua's soft lips caressing his. His heart pounded like a drum in his chest and he was happier than a mouse in a cheese factory. Happier, in fact, than he had ever been before.

After an unknown period of time, he finally reacted: he began laughing. A merry, happy, loud laugh at nothing in particular. Still laughing, he lay down and was surprised when water suddenly washed over his face. In fact, he noticed he was sitting in water.

"How'd this get here?!" he exclaimed in surprise. Then he suddenly felt really stupid. "Oh, yeah."

He felt like an idiot, but didn't care as he was a blissfully happy idiot. He stood up and walked up the shore. He couldn't contain his happiness and started skipping like a little girl instead of walking. As he skipped through the city, he saw how incredibly beautiful the world was. The stars gleamed, the houses and street tiles had beautiful geometric shapes, the street lights? light brightened his mood even further. Everything he saw, even a wad of chewing gum stuck to the street, seemed gorgeous to him, though none of it even came close to Aqua.

He was filled with joy at everything, and began singing out loud as he skipped on: "Don't stop me now,

Don't stop me,

'Cause I'm having a good time, having a good time!

I'm a shooting star leaping through the sky,

like a tiger defying the laws of gravity!"

He randomly hugged a street light as he skipped on, "I'm a racing car passing by like Lady Godiva!

I'm gonna go, go, go, there's no stopping me!

I'm burning through the sky, yeah!"

He skipped into the pokécenter, still singing. "Two hundred degrees, that's why they call me mr. Fahrenheit!

I'm travelling at the speed of light, I wanna make a supersonic man out of you!"

He stopped in front of Octa, whose left eyebrow seemed to be trying to escape off his face. "Quite..." said Octa.

Boreas was overjoyed to see his friend again and immediately embraced him. "Octa! My dear friend, I'm so glad to see you again!"

"Um... Yes, quite..." Octa stammered, "I say, are you drunk, my dear fellow?"

"Only with love, Octa! I kissed her! She kissed me! We snogged, osculated, smooched, made out! Whatever you want to call it, the result is the same: we kissed." He sighed. "I love this planet."

"Quite, you can let go of me now."

He did so and sat down, sighing in love, "D'you know why I love this planet so much? Because I share it with her!"

"It sounds like you had quite the pleasant day then, my dear fellow?"

"Pleasant?" Boreas scoffed, "it was by far the happiest day of my life. Oh, Aqua, Aqua, Aqua, I love each one of your sixteen tiny toes!"

Octa smiled. "Truly, as the Bard wrote, "Love is a smoke rais'd with the fume of sighs;

Being purg'd, a fire sparkling in a lover's eyes;

Being vex'd, a sea nourish'd with lovers' tears:

What is it else? a madness most discreet,

A choking gall and a preserving sweet," but alas, my dear fellow, I fear I must darken your bright day with a piece of bad news: Black is quite angry with you."

Boreas didn't even feel the least bit troubled by it, "Is he?"

"Yes, he is. You see, 'twas his intention to spend the day training for our approaching Gym battle, and he was quite displeased by your absence."

"Too bad, I guess. Where's he now?"

"Sleeping, as is the rest of the team. 'Tis quite late, you see. In fact, 'tis so late you might soon say 'tis quite early. I decided to stay awake and read in order to have a chance to welcome you back."

"Cheers, that was nice of you. Anyway, did I tell you we kissed yet?"

"I believe you might have mentioned it at some point."

"Well, it was delightful. And you know what's almost as great? I'm meeting her again tomorrow!"

"I'm afraid that may be a slight problem. Black's intention is to use tomorrow for training as well, and I really don't think you should disappoint him on two successive days."

Boreas' mind weighed the needs of his human friend against the chance to spend the whole day with his lovely Vaporeon girlfriend. He didn't need to hesitate about his choice for a second. "Well, I guess I'll have to disappoint him anyway."

"I had really rather you didn't. After all, you are still a member of our team, and our battle against Clay takes place a week from now. Besides, the day is long enough for both training and dalliance with your dearly cherished paramour. You could train with us in the morning and afternoon and spend the evening with your leman."

Boreas had a better idea himself. "Okay, I'll train with you until late afternoon. I'll just need to tell that to Aqua tomorrow morning and ask her to come back later." Actually, I'm just going to leave with her tomorrow and face your wrath in the evening.

"This morning, you mean. 'Tis already past midnight, my dear fellow. Speaking of, I am off to bed, and would suggest you do the same."

Boreas laughed. "You think I could sleep after today?"

"I wouldn't know. But I don't see what else you could do for the whole night, so pip pip!"

Boreas and Octa were walking through the corridor of the pokécenter's second floor, when Boreas' heart suddenly overran with joy and he just couldn't keep it inside any more: "I just kissed the most beautiful girl in the entire world!"

"Yes, you mentioned that. Now hush, my dear fellow, decent people are attempting to sleep."

-

Boreas awoke slowly from the latest in a series of delightful dreams. He had half a mind of going back to sleep and try to get back into the dream, but then he realised the real world was even better than dreams because he would get to spend an entire day with Aqua again.

As he had breakfast with his friends and received some minor talking to from Black, he felt a bit guilty about lying to them all. Not nearly guilty enough to change his plans, though. He now mainly found himself nervous about the prospect of meeting Aqua and barely ate a single bite. After a while he excused himself to go tell Aqua to meet him in the evening.

When he reached the pier, he saw she was already there waiting for him, lying on her side on the shore, stretched out and a paw on her wide hip. She smiled at him and arched an eyebrow as his mind just blanked completely and he stood in place, unable to move. He was aware he was staring at her with his mouth slightly hanging open. Any guilt he might have felt about lying to Octa and the others was melted away like snow in front of a burning-hot blue Sun.

Aqua's smile broadened when she saw the effect she had on Boreas, making him fall even further under her spell. He tried to walk and talk but found his body had forgotten how to do either of those things. He moved his midriff, contracting his lungs into unleashing a blast of air through his windpipe. He moved his vocal cords when the air reached them, and then used his tongue and mouth to further shape the words. "H-hi. You look..." Boreas tried to think of a word that described her right now, but eventually settled for the understatement "Gorgeous."

He clumsily walked in her direction. "Thanks," said Aqua, "I know I've already said this, but blushing like that makes you look very cute."

Boreas tried to say several things, but couldn't manage to spit any of it, except "..." out. Calm down, he thought, I should be more at ease with her now, not less!

"What's the matter?" asked Aqua as she got up and closed the distance between them, "lost your tongue?"

She kissed him, immediately melting Boreas' nervousness down into pure happiness. As their lips parted, she said: "No, it's still there."

"Sorry," Boreas giggled, "you just knocked the words right out of me. Let's go somewhere."

Aqua questioningly arched an eyebrow. "Where did you have in mind?"

"What about the forest north of the city?"

"Okay," she said in her most charming voice.

As they walked through the city, talking about nothing much at all, Boreas noticed the way they were going would pass by the pokécenter and stopped. "We should take an other way. You see, I told Octa I would train for the Gym battle with him and the rest of the team today, so I'd rather they don't see me sneaking away with you."

"Well, why don't we combine the two?" Aqua asked.

"What d'you mean?"

"I'll come with you and train with you. We can have a bite to eat first and then I can be your sparring partner."

"I don't know..." said Boreas, "I don't want to hurt you."

Aqua laughed a deliciously mirthful laugh. "What makes you think I'm the one you should be worried about? But don't worry, I'll go easy on you."

"Simple type advantage won't help you defeat me, love. What makes you think you can beat me?"

"For one, I'm much faster." She poked Boreas' side and sprinted off.

"Hey!" Boreas pursued her, "I'll get you!"

She was surprisingly fast for an aquatic creature on land, yet Boreas caught up to her as they passed in front of the pokécenter. He pounced her tail as soon as she was within reach, grabbing it and colliding with her as she came to an immediate halt. They rolled over a few times because of their momentum, and Aqua ended up in a sitting position with Boreas' head in her lap.

At that moment, the pokécenter's door opened. "Ah, my dear fellow, I see you're- Please, my dear fellow, do you think it wise to do this in public? Continue your amorous activities in a more private setting like a civilised person, I beg you."

They both stood up, blushing heavily. "It's not what it looks like," said Boreas.

"Yeah," Aqua reassured him, "I just joined Boreas to help with his training."

Octa arched an eyebrow. "I have never heard it call that before."

"Look," Boreas pointed out, "she just came here to be my sparring partner."

"Yes, I can see she wants to be your "sparring partner.""

"I invited her to come."

"Ah ha," Octa's grin broadened

"To come here to eat and train."

"Eating, you say?"

"Stop it!" Boreas snapped, "You're misunderstanding me on purpose."

"Misunderstanding you? I think you are making yourself transparently clear."

Boreas had had more than enough of Octa. "Blow me."

"Ask her."

-

A while later they were training on a field of grass. Black had tried to capture Aqua once again, but this time a simple threatening look from Boreas had put the idea out of his mind. As much as Boreas would like Aqua to join the team, he certainly didn't want to have her forced into it.

Now he stood opposite Aqua, feeling more ready to kiss her than to attack her. Aqua didn't seem any more ready to fight.

"Pip pip!" Octa, training against Capella, said, "let's see what attacks you can do. Besides the obvious Attract, I mean."

"And Lovely Kiss," Boreas added with a grin.

"Fine, you want to see what I can do?" Aqua asked. A concentrated wave washed over the grassy field to Boreas. He tried to get out of the way, but the wave flowed over him, doubled back, gripped him, and began gyring around him like a maelstrom standing up from the ground. He expected to sink at any moment, but though he was stuck in the middle of the vortex it held his head above the water. He tried to move, but the rapid current swirling around him forced his limbs close to his body. He struggled against the vortex's powerful grip, but couldn't move.

Aqua's head surfaced just in front of him, grinning and apparently unaffected by the raging currents. "Well?" she asked, talking with her mouth a bit further open than was necessary and her tongue seeming to beckon Boreas, "who's in danger of hurting whom now?"

Boreas moved in for the kiss, bringing his head closer to hers, but found she was just outside his reach. He could come to within five centimetres of her, but no matter how he struggled against the water, that was as far as he got. He suddenly understood what Tantalus felt like. Aqua grinned. "Cruel and unusual," Boreas complained.

The current stopped and the column of water that gripped Boreas immediately fell to the ground with him in it. The remnants of the wave passed through a bush of flowers, and Boreas immediately chilled it down, freezing the flowers and snapping them off with an Icy Wind. The beautiful ice flowers scattered around Aqua.

"Watch out," Boreas said with a grin, "they're sharp."

As Aqua was more or less stunned in amazement at the beautiful ice flowers lying around her, Boreas decided to lower her defences with Tail Whip. He turned around and wagged his tail at her as she began humming a song. Boreas stopped in embarrassment as he realised it was "shake your booty."

"Aww," Aqua whined as he stopped, "I liked that move."

She formed another wave and trapped Boreas like she had earlier. But when her pretty head popped up out of the water, Boreas was prepared for it: he froze part of the water behind him, thus shielding him from the current for a moment. He used that moment well: he put his arms around Aqua and held her tightly as their lips found each others'. In the tiny, distant corner of his mind that was not occupied with the supreme joy of kissing Aqua, he was vaguely aware that the column of water had disappeared and they were now lying on the ground.

"I say," Octa sighed, "you two really do have a one-track mind, don't you?"

Boreas paid him no attention even after they stopped kissing. "Jealous, Octa?" Lucius scoffed, "Don't worry, I'm sure it's just a phase he's going through, I know he loves you more."

"Be quiet," said Octa.

"Yeah, I'm sure of it. Just- Aargh!" he yelped as Selene knocked him over with a Wing Attack, "you crazy bird, can't you see I was talking?!"

As Lucius and Selene continued their training, Boreas had stood up off Aqua and helped her to her feet. Aqua stretched her back, and Boreas just couldn't keep his eyes off her as she arched her gorgeous body. For what was the fourth time that day already, Boreas felt as if he was melting.

He was snapped out of his mesmerised stare by a sharp poke in his ribs. "Avert your eyes, my dear fellow," mumbled Octa, "'tis impolite to stare. Besides, I would like to have a word with you in private."

After excusing themselves and walked a few streets away, Boreas asked what the matter was.

"I want to warn you," said Octa.

"About what?"

"About Aqua. No, hear me out. I want to implore you not to allow love to regulate your thinking. 'Tis never wise to let your emotions think for you, but love is especially dangerous, because 'tis such a powerful emotion. What's more, I'm not sure I like Aqua."

While Boreas figured Octa was at least partially right about the first thing, he didn't like where the conversation was going. "What d'you mean?" he growled.

"I mean she acts..." he paused to look for a word. "Improper. Unladylike."

Boreas laughed. "I know what you mean. You mean because she takes initiative and shows me she likes me as much as I like her. But that's one of the many things I really like about her, I'd rather have her than a girl who acts what you would consider "ladylike." But don't worry about the other thing. You know me, I'm not stupid."

"I know you aren't, but you are... Careless. Impulsive, chaotic, unwise. I merely implore you to be cautious, my dear fellow, because I know what you're like when you're not enamoured, and I know being smitten with another shall only increase those qualities."

"Fine, fine, I'll be careful, now let's go back."

Blog Entries

I've got to say Lucius is an awesome character, just the way he atlks and all, you've done great with the character development of pretty much all of your characters, especially Octa, all your characters are so different and diverse its great.

Iknewitthisisn'tgoingtoendwellohnoohnoohno...
    Uh, lovely story you've got going, you have fantastic characterizations, as Akimbo said.

"When I get a little money, I buy books, and, if there is any left, I buy food and clothes." -Erasmus

Aziraphale patted Crowley on the back. "We seem to have survived," he said. "Just imagine how terrible it might have been if we'd been at all competent." -Terry Pratchett, Neil Gaiman Good Omens

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Akimbo View Post
    I've got to say Lucius is an awesome character, just the way he atlks and all, you've done great with the character development of pretty much all of your characters, especially Octa, all your characters are so different and diverse its great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Windywords123 View Post
    Iknewitthisisn'tgoingtoendwellohnoohnoohno...
    Uh, lovely story you've got going, you have fantastic characterizations, as Akimbo said.
    Thank you both!

Chapter Thirty: The Road to Driftveil

Aqua hummed contently as Boreas gently rubbed her stomach. They were in a clearing in the forest where they had gone to watch the Sun set. “You really shouldn't have overeaten so much,” said Boreas, “if you had eaten like a normal person, your stomach wouldn't hurt right now.”

“I know, I know,” said Aqua, “I just wasn't used to there being so much food and not even having to do anything for it., so I couldn't help myself. Normally I have to catch a fish when I'm hungry and am out . Though if I hadn't eaten so much, you wouldn't be rubbing my belly right now, so I'd say it was a pretty good idea, actually.”

Boreas chuckled. “Heh, for you, perhaps.”

Aqua gave him a sceptical look. “Don't kid yourself, we both know you're enjoying this about as much as I am.”

“Yeah, you're right. I do enjoy rubbing your cute little tummy like this.”

After a while, Aqua said: “My love, could you tell me the rest of your story while you continue? I'm curious to the last part.”

“Sure. We wanted to leave Nimbasa quickly after winning the Bolt Badge to go to Driftveil, but because it was now snowing and cold we had to buy winter clothing for all of us first. Well, except for me, of course. I'd say the results were mixed: Octa looked quite good in his long Victorian coat and cloak, and Lucius' leather jacket looked okay, while Capella looked like she was fearing a giant, frilled sock and Toxica looked like an egg in its egg warmer.

When we finally left the city via Route 5, Selene came flying after us and landed on Lucius' shoulder, and though Black tried to tell her she should stay in Nimbasa because she wasn't a member of the team and it was dangerous, she just didn't seem to understand. Or she just played stupid, it's always very hard to tell how much of her strange behaviour is genuine and how much is an act. Anyway, the result was that Black yielded and we had to return to buy her clothes too, but because she chose them herself she ended up in a bizarre abomination that might've started its life a particularly hideous rainbow-coloured cake before it was thrown out of the cake shop for its tacky garishness, hollowed out, and found a new life as a sort of loose poncho-dress-toga-like thing. At least it kept her warm while still allowing her to fly.

Anyway, we soon battled through the icy, snow-covered forest of Route 5...

Past

“...And soon they battled through the eternal ice fields of Antarctica, a barren wasteland of ice and snow where temperatures are twenty degrees below zero even in summer. Yet the prospect of being the first people ever to reach the South Pole made both expeditions continue their journey through a climate in which exposed flesh can freeze within minutes, a climate where even fire types can't survive long. And the wind always blows at speeds approaching a storm's, for there is not a single tree or building on the entire continent to slow it down. 'Twas perhaps the greatest challenge in all exploration, to cross the harshest, most inhospitable of all continents to reach the southernmost point of the planet.”

“I don't know,” said Boreas, casually walking on top of the thick layer of snow the others where sinking into with each step, “it sounds like a lovely place to me.”

“To you it does, perhaps,” Octa spoke, walking on up to his waist in snow. If he hadn't been wearing his warm coat and cloak, he would probably have frozen to death days earlier. “But just imagine the strain on two teams of human and pokémon explorer, none of them ice types. The first part of the journey was the easiest for both teams, as they were not actually on mainland Antarctica yet, but on the Ross ice shelf, an entire sea so bitterly cold it has been completely frozen into a thick ice shelf for millennia. Yet, even though the ice shelf was visually indistinguishable from the main land, the climate is comparatively mild because of the vicinity of liquid water, which can store a lot of heat. There were no mountains on the ice shelf either, as opposed to the main land, where they would have to cross several frozen mountain ranges. In fact-”

“Octa,” Capella interrupted, “could you please talk about something else? Something that doesn't involve the polar regions or an entire expedition freezing to death, I mean. It's cold enough on its own.”

Boreas thought the frozen, snow-covered forest they travelled through was a paradise, but had stopped mentioning that to his companions as it tended to turn them very grumpy. He seemed to be the only one who liked the wintrous cold. The others all sank into the snow to various depths with each step, while Boreas walked on top of it by locally freezing the snow under his feet with each step into ice so cold it became hard as rock. He had tried helping his friends the same way, but the ice he created this way was so cold it severely hurt their feet.

“Of course,” Octa conceded, “you're quite correct; tales of Antarctic exploration are hardly an appropriate subject in these temperatures.”

“I wonder,” croaked Selene, sitting on Lucius' shoulder, “what happens when you're on the South Pole and you go south.”

“Well, one can't,” Octa explained. “The South Pole is the southernmost point of the planet, one can only go north from there.”

“I know,” said Selene, “but what happens if you do go south?”

“'Tis an impossibility, one cannot go south from the South Pole.”

“But where do you go if you do?”

“Look, that is an impossibility, for the South Pole is, by it's very definition, the very epitome of southness, the place that one going south always approaches closer by its very definition. Once one has achieved a distance of zero to the pole, i.e. one is on the South Pole itself, it is therefore impossible to approach it even closer, and therefore impossible to go further south. “South of the South Pole” is a meaningless phrase, like “more than a hundred percent chance”, “colder than absolute zero”, or “before the Big Bang.””

“What's wrong with any of those things?”

“They're-”

Capella interrupted once again. “Really, can we stop talking about the South Pole? Talk about the desert or the Sun, or something else that's warm, please, I'm freezing my scales off.”

As they walked on, sounds of music and lots of people congregated sounded far away but came constantly closer. Eventually they found out it was a large festival to celebrate the end of the year, with lots of music and performers and fireworks. Black and his pokémon walked amongst the festival goers, enjoying themselves.

Suddenly, an attractive Umbreon said: “Hey, Boreas, long time no see!”

She looked strangely familiar, yet Boreas couldn't remember ever even meeting an Umbreon. “Oh. Hey. It's you... Uh... Great to see you again. It certainly has been a long time. Yes. Remind me, when was the last time we met?”

She laughed. “You don't recognise me, do you? It's me, February!”

Boreas immediately became nervous and felt his heart pound. “Oh, hey, Febby! You... evolved into an Umbreon.” And a pretty one, too!

“Yeah,” she said shyly, “I evolved a month ago, White was real happy about it.” She squinted, “oh dear, I wonder who dressed that poor Murkrow up like that...”

A silence fell between them and then Boreas decided he should tell her how he felt about her. It was ridiculous that he was barely even be able to talk to her with nervousness and he decided he was going to take the risk of rejection. “Febby? I... um... I must tell you something.”

“Yes?”

“Well, you see, it's like this...” he drew a deep breath. “I like-”

“Oh, hold on!” Febby interrupted him, suddenly wagging her tail in joy, “I want you to meet someone, a new member of White's team!”

An Espeon ran at them, stopped before Febby, and kissed her on the mouth. Boreas felt colder than an Antarctic grave.

“Boreas, this is my boyfriend, Esper. Esper, this is my friend Boreas, the one who was locked up along with me by Team Plasma.”

Boreas forced himself to smile, though it looked more like his cheeks were being pulled aside by fishing hooks in them than like a smile. “Oh. Your... Boyfriend. I see. Well. Nice to meet you. Esper.”

“Nice to meet you too, dude,” Esper returned Boreas' fake smile with a genuine one, making Boreas want to freeze his head into a solid cube of ice, “Febby told me much about you, your friendship really helped her when you were locked up.”

“Did. It.” Boreas spat out each word like they were cockroaches that had crawled into his mouth.

“So, anyway,” piped Febby happily, “what did you want to tell me, Boreas?”

“Oh. Yes. That. I just wanted to tell you... I like the winter. Don't you? I love all this snow and ice, it's delightful.”

“Heh, I guess,” said Febby, giggling as Esper began nuzzling her ear. Boreas saw her head turn to kiss him, and was pretty sure he would not be able to keep his anger contained this time and would end up trying to murder Esper.

“Boreas!” Capella's kind voice called him, “will you hurry up? We'll be late for that thing with that guy!”

Sighing in relief at the excuse, Boreas quickly said: “Oh, I'm sorry, I have to go right now, see you later!” and walked away with Capella.

“Thanks for the rescue,” he said flatly.

“I'm so sorry,” Capella said compassionately.

“I should have listened to you last time I saw her.”

Capella nodded. “You probably should have.” It was a credit to her that she managed to say this without sounding pedantic or wiseassy, merely friendly and compassionate.

“I was just... Too nervous and too afraid she would reject me. I was going to tell her just now but... Well, you saw it.”

“I've been in your position myself. I never had the courage to ask my first love either, and for years I kept wondering what she might've said if I had. I'll tell you, simple rejection is far better than that. Not that that is a picnic either.”

That made Boreas feel slightly better, strangely. “Do you still wonder about her? About what she might've said?”

Capella thought for a moment before responding. “By now? Only academically, really. At the age we were then, it's unlikely it would've lasted long time even if she liked me too. I also found the torch I carried for her extinguished itself with age and when I fell in love with others.”

“Capella? With all the time you had for it, how come you never found a partner?”

“I found several, actually, but I take it you mean the more permanent, happily-ever-after kind. I'm not sure why I never found one. You just tend not to rush these things too much when you have centuries to take care of them, and contrary to what a hundred-and-seven-year-old may seem to you, I'm still young. I mean, for all we know I might meet the one during the lifetimes of your great-great-great-grandchildren.”

Boreas smiled, genuinely this time, liking that idea. “I hope you do, and I hope I live to see it. Thanks for talking to me like this, it really makes me feel better. It still hurts, but it's not that bad. If this is lovesickness, I can handle it.”

“Are you sure?” The Dratini looked at him with an arched eyebrow, “I always found lovesickness feels like it tears up your insides and makes the world a horrible place. I've been known to smash things in blind rage when I was lovesick.”

Boreas found it impossible to imagine the kindly Dratini in a blind rage. “Really? You?”

She nodded. “Just imagine how powerful a broken heart is if it can do that to me. All I'm saying is, are you sure you're okay?”

“Yeah. I'm not angry any more; I mean, it's not as if she knew how I felt about her, so I can't really blame her and Esper for liking each other. Besides, there are plenty of fish in the sea. It's a shame I missed my chance, but I can handle it. It feels more like a pretty roughed up and damaged heart than a broken one, actually.”

“I see,” said Capella. Boreas could tell she didn't really believe him. “Well, if you want to talk about it again, feel free to. Now let's go see if they're doing any decent firework shows here.”

Black decided to stay at the festival to celebrate the new year. In the two days afterwards, Boreas found he could indeed handle his lovesickness. He felt sullen and a bit sad, and made a point of avoiding Febby and Esper, especially when they were together, but overall it was not that bad.

On 30 December, New Year's Eve, Black and his pokémon were watching a big fireworks display being set up for midnight when they ran into Cheren.

“Cheren,” Black greeted him, “I guess it's a small world after all.”

“Ah, Black,” said Cheren, “great to see you here. Guess what? I defeated Elesa too!”

“So you finally got your stomach- your pokémon strong enough to beat her, eh?”

Noticing the slip, Cheren blushed and frowned. “Yes, I did. And now that we both have a Bolt Badge... Let's test who's stronger, I have a feeling I'm going to win this time!”

It was a hard battle, but in the end Black was victorious and their battle had attracted quite a crowd.

“Well, you are strong as usual,” said Cheren, “but why can't I win? I'm strong too, by all rights I should be able to defeat you.”

Elesa walked out of the crowd, greeting Cheren and Black. “Oh, wow, guys, that was a rousing battle, of course I already knew you were both powerful trainers as you defeated me, by the way it's great to see you again, did you know they were holding the festival here or did you just happen to pass by on the way to Driftveil, which reminds me, I should probably warn you that Clay, Driftveil's Gym Leader, might take some getting used to, but he's really a good guy at heart, though he's a busy man so you'll probably have to make an appointment with him instead of just showing up at his Gym, because odds are he'll be too busy, also he usually dresses like a cowboy, quite funny, though who am I to talk, right, seeing as I regularly wear the weirdest designed clothes for my work, I suppose Clay just likes westerns, I never asked him, really, so this is a cool festival innit, a bit weird to hold an open air festival in December, but then it's not as if New Year's Eve ever falls in July, so anyway, you guys should follow me, there's someone I want you to meet,” Elesa blurted out within half a minute.

She led them to a big, orange-haired man in a poncho who was listening to several guitarists playing. “Ah, Elesa,” he greeted, “Isn't this festival great? Life should be enjoyed.”

“Who's this guy?” asked Cheren.

“Cheren, Black, meet the Unova region's Champion, Alder.”

Cheren burst into laughter. “Oh, that's very funny, Elesa. As if the Champion would be wasting his time clowning about in a place like this.”

“Um...” said Elesa, “he is actually the Champion, and a master of the bug type.”

“Yes, I am,” said Alder, standing up, “except for the master of the bug type bit, I actually use whatever pokémon I like best, which just happen to mostly bug types. But you're quite the judgemental young person, aren't you? My name is Alder, and for your information, I'm not clowning about, I'm on a voyage. Pleased to make your acquaintance.”

“Um,” said Cheren, “I'm Cheren from Nuvema Town, and I'm on a voyage too. To become the Champion.”

“Hm,” said Alder, “What about you?”

“I'm his friend and rival,” explained Black, “I'm on a journey to become the Champion too.”

“Travelling with a goal in mind is a commendable thing. What do you intend to do after becoming the Champion?”

“Become even stringer, I suppose,” said Cheren. “What else is there other than becoming even stronger? The strongest trainer, that's the Champion.”

“I'm not sure,” said Black, “I suppose becoming even stronger to defend my title would be necessary, but I wouldn't just want to do that. I would want to get a vacation or something first, and then I would seek something worthwhile to use my power for.”

“Hmm,” nodded Alder. “Cheren, is becoming stronger alone enough of a goal? Hmm, I'm not trying to say your way of thinking is wrong, but what will you use your power for? Your friend here seems to have an idea, albeit a vague one. But in my travels, I have learned many people to love their pokémon, because I think that is important too, the most important thing of all, even. If there are people like you who pursue strength, there are also those who are happy just to be with pokémon. There are many different people and many different answers. When it comes to what the Champion should be, you and I hold different views, but so be it. Give it some thought.”

Cheren considered this. “The Champion is the strongest of the strong, and that's all there is to it. I am a trainer, and I'll prove it by getting stronger and winning battles, even against the Champion.” He walked off, leaving Black and Elesa to talk to Alder.

“I say,” said a highly pitched voice in a very poorly faked posh accent with an obvious Cockney accent hidden very poorly underneath it, “'tis quite the suhpwise to meet the Champion of all Unover heayah. Who would have evah expected it?”

Boreas looked in surprise at the source of the voice, which turned out to be Toxica. “Hmm?” she said in the same silly accent, “What ah you looking at me foh like that, chap?”

“Why are you talking in that ridiculous accent?” Boreas asked.

“What is youh meaning? Do you pehchance mean my impwoved elocution?”

Boreas sighed. “You're trying to imitate Octa's accent to impress him, aren't you?”

“Shh! Don't say that in front of 'im!” she whispered in her normal accent.

“He hasn't heard anything we said anyway, he's been to busy listening to the guitars and Alder talking to Black and Elesa.”

“Oh,” Toxica pouted, noticing now that Octa was indeed a few metres away and had his attention turned away from her, “Well, I'm not doing it to impwess him eitheh way, I just pwefeh to be moah eloquent. 'Tis a fohm of self-impwovement, you see.”

“You are doing it to impress him, and it's not going to work.”

“And why wouldn't it?”

“Because you sound like you're mocking him. Mocking him really, really poorly. I mean, I've met potatoes with more genuine-sounding accents than that. Just give it up, Toxica, he doesn't like you in that way, and he never will.”

Default Re: The Surprising Adventures of a Glaceon in Unova (Chapter 30)

Hmm... Not sure what to say, here. I'm still nervous, but as of now I suppose I'll just have to wait. Continue, please!

Reader and Writer Legacy's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Great job, apenpaap. Your feature on WW's Fic of the Month is up. You are October's FOTM. Congrats and keep up the great work.

Coming Soon...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
    Great job, apenpaap. Your feature on WW's Fic of the Month is up. You are October's FOTM. Congrats and keep up the great work.
    Thanks, I feel really honoured and proud to be chosen for this.

Chapter Thirty-One: The Trouble With Team Plasma

Boreas walked through Driftveil City's smelly industrial parks, letting his thoughts run free. He was actually supposed to be listening for any news about Team Plasma the humans might be discussing, but he had become bored with that days earlier. When they had arrived in Driftveil City, Clay had proven to be as busy as Elesa had said he was, so it took a while before Black even had a chance to talk to him. And when he did, the Gym Leader had conscripted him into looking for Team Plasma by claiming he didn't have a single moment of time for a battle for months to come. But if Driftveil's branch of Team Plasma was caught he wouldn't have to search for them any more, so he would then have time to accept the challenge.

Unfortunately, though Clay claimed they had been very active in Driftveil, Team Plasma now seemed to have gone into hiding and were near-impossible to find. Black had tried asking people about them, but they didn't seem to like it much and he didn't get any information that way. So now his pokémon walked amongst them in the hopes of overhearing something that might help catch Team Plasma. So far without success.

Boreas still couldn't believe he was now a year old. In fact, his birthday had been the day of their arrival in Driftveil. He hadn't even realised it until the evening, when someone happened to mention the date and he remembered 25 January was his birthday. It wasn't until later, after the surprisingly well-done party his friends had thrown him despite having had only a few minutes' notice, that he realised it meant he was now an adult. Which was a bizarre idea, as he didn't feel like an adult at all. In many ways, he still felt like the cub Octa had rescued from the claws of his attackers last spring. He had gone through a lot since then of course, not the least of which was evolving to a Glaceon, and in some ways he realised he had grown up, but still he didn't really feel different.

“Be careful no to pay too much attention, my dear fellow,” a voice said.

“Baah!” Boreas exclaimed, “oh, Octa, it's just you. I was paying attention, I've been listening to find clues for hours.”

“Yes, and I'm sure you only pretended not to notice me walking next to you for the past minute.”

“Um... Of course I noticed- Lucius?! What in the name of Ho-Oh's contact lenses happened to you?!”

The Houndoom was walking towards them a bit ahead, his fur stained with large amounts of blood, one of his horns broken and several large wounds covering him. Except he wasn't so much walking as dragging himself along, at least one leg broken. Boreas and Octa rushed to support and help him. “Get your hands off of me!” Lucius growled, “do I look like I need your help or something?” Boreas saw he was missing several teeth and bleeding from the mouth.

“No, not at all,” sneered Octa, “I regularly walk around soaked with blood, my bones and teeth broken, for pleasure. Now what the devil happened to you?”

“While you two have been wasting time here, Black's been kidnapped!” Lucius snapped, “that's what happened!”

“Kidnapped?!” Boreas exclaimed.

Kidnapped?!” Lucius imitated in a stupid, shrill voice, “Yeah, by Team Plasma, while you two were wasting your time prancin' around the industrial parks like two ballet dancers!”

It was only because Boreas' concern for Black drowned out his anger that he didn't throw a pawful of sand into Lucius' wounds. “Tell me what happened precisely, and stop with the insults.”

“Please delay the interrogation, my dear fellow,” Octa said, “Lucius, first we need to get you to the pokécenter.”

“Shut up, Smugleaf, I'm fine!” gnarled Lucius.

“Smugleaf?!” Octa roared, “do you have any idea how insulting that term is to a member of my noble species?!”

“D'you think I would've used it if I didn't, Smugleaf?” Lucius grinned.

“Why, you degraded heap of smelliness-” Octa began.

“Look,” Boreas interrupted them, “this is getting us nowhere, let's focus on Black being kidnapped and continue tearing each others' heads off later.”

“Quite,” Octa said between gritted teeth, “you are quite right of course, my dear fellow. We should all remain calm and rational.”

“You're the one who's angry, Smugleaf,” said Lucius.

Seeing the effect that insult had on Octa, Boreas quickly said: “Anyway, how did he get kidnapped? Where?”

“I heard some shouting from an alley while I was listening for clues, that's the stupidest plan ever, by the way, and looked to see what was happening, and a dozen Plasma grunts were dragging Black off!”

“Then why didn't you do anything about it?” Octa asked.

“Because I didn't feel like it. I watched them drag him off, then I went to get some ice cream, and to finish the morning off, I decided to see if trains are really as heavy as they say by jumping in front of one, you complete idiot!”

“Um,” Octa seemed speechless for a moment, “quite, I should have realised this was the origin of your wounds. I apologise.”

“So did you see where they took him?” asked Boreas.

“Yeah, after they ganged up on me and beat me half to death I followed them unconsciously. It's like sleepwalking, except you do it on broken legs and teeth fall out of your mouth. Of course I didn't see where they took him, you moron!”

Boreas tried very hard to remind himself that Lucius was probably acting even more obnoxious than usual because he was worried about Black, ashamed he lost, and in a lot of pain; and that attacking a badly wounded person was not very nice. He managed to get his anger under control, but only barely.

“So why did you fight them if there were so many?” Boreas asked, “if you had just followed them, we would know where Black was.”

Lucius scowled. “At least I wasn't wasting my time like you and your boyfriend, pup. Where were you when Black needed you, anyway?”

Boreas had had enough. “Look Lucius, what's it going to be? Are you going to shut up, or am I going to freeze your balls off?”

“Boreas!” Capella's voice exclaimed, signalling her arrival, “don't talk like that, especially to someone wounded! Lucius, you need to get to the pokécenter immediately.”

“Don't tell me what to do, you mouldy old earthworm,” barked Lucius, making Boreas even more infuriated with him. Fortunately he managed to control himself thanks to the shame he felt after Capella's reaction to his earlier outburst, “the only thing I need right now is to find Selene, so that crazy old chicken can fly around to look for Black from the air.”

“Of course, good thinking,” said Octa.

“Of course it's good,” snapped Lucius, “it's my thinking. Now make yourselves useful while I go to the pokécenter.”

Heheh, gotta love grouchy, infuriating characters. Especially with added sarcasm. I love sarcasm. ;D
    Oh, and congrats on the Fic of the Month thing!

◓Gypsy Vanner Horse Kyuuketsuki's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Part One: Meet the Humans Review

I decided to check out this story after being featured in 'Fic of the Month', so here is the review for Part One: Meet the Humans, otherwise known as Chapter One - Chapter Seven.

You start off with a rather interesting concept, a character trying to convince another that the villains are villains, and not heroes. To me, that was what drew me in. Aqua, although scarcely appearing, was defined as somehow of an opposite to Boreas, another thing that impressed me in your story.

Boreas's backstory is quite interesting in terms of how it could develop his character, but I was a little bit disappointed by the lack of focus on it in Part One. I had hoped to see more of Boreas grieving his family, being more careful in battles, and maybe even burying them. But disregarding the backstory, his personality is quite interesting. Being rash, yet quite calculating is a good combination, and his readiness to train and be stronger is a great element to add to the mix.

Both Octa and Black come off as a combination of a comic-relief and a mentor character. Octa's pride has been played for humour, and so was Black's misunderstanding of his Pokémon, and Octa pushing Boreas and encouraging him serves as the emotional side of the latter's training, while Black served as the physical side of the training. Octa and Black switching roles occasionally was wonderful to see, and although they share quite similar character roles, they are very different in terms of personality. I am quite intrigued by what could happen if a villain severely insulted Octa's heritage, or Boreas's family.

The battles in the story are quite interesting, though the battle with Plasma seemed very rushed, especially after the grunts hyping themselves up as dangerous. Being defeated so easily undermined Team Plasma in general, and they don't seem as threatening as they originally did.

There have been some grammar and spelling mistakes, a few missing words, and a few missing spaces scattered around the chapters. However, with chapters, these mistakes have decreased in number.

And lastly, the biggest issue I take with your story is the lack of focus on relationships. There aren't many instances of Boreas interacting with anyone but Octa or an opponent in battle. I would like to know how attached Boreas is to Black, how he feels about Bianca or Cheren, or their Pokémon, and how his parents used to raise him, as these could be very crucial for his character.

Overall, you have a good story going on here, and I hope you keep up the good work. I will try to catch up to the latest chapters as soon as I can, and I will review the chapters in between in parts.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Part One: Meet the Humans Review

Quote Originally Posted by Windywords123 View Post
    Heheh, gotta love grouchy, infuriating characters. Especially with added sarcasm. I love sarcasm. ;D
    Oh, and congrats on the Fic of the Month thing!
    I do get a certain enjoyment out of writing someone with Lucius' attitude. And thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuujux View Post
    I decided to check out this story after being featured in 'Fic of the Month', so here is the review for Part One: Meet the Humans, otherwise known as Chapter One - Chapter Seven.
    Cheers for checking out my story, and I suppose going at it on a per-part basis is probably a good way of reading it, as it's, as of chapter thirty-one, approaching 90000 words. I also want to thank you for leaving such detailed constructive criticism, as that's my favourite kind of feedback because it's so useful. Of course, as this is just for the first seven chapters, I have recognised a few of these issues myself already and improved on them in later chapters.

You start off with a rather interesting concept, a character trying to convince another that the villains are villains, and not heroes. To me, that was what drew me in. Aqua, although scarcely appearing, was defined as somehow of an opposite to Boreas, another thing that impressed me in your story.
    Aqua's relationship with humanity is indeed a complete opposite of Boreas', and there will be much to do about it later on. I can't tell you too much about the exact details, as they would spoil her backstory we get in chapters 22 and 34, but you hit the nail on the head right there. Unfortunately, Aqua appears in only three chapters (one of which is the single paragraph she gets in chapter 3) in the first two parts, but from part three onwards she begins appearing much more often. I'm not sure why I didn't do more things in the present in the first two parts, really.

Boreas's backstory is quite interesting in terms of how it could develop his character, but I was a little bit disappointed by the lack of focus on it in Part One. I had hoped to see more of Boreas grieving his family, being more careful in battles, and maybe even burying them. But disregarding the backstory, his personality is quite interesting. Being rash, yet quite calculating is a good combination, and his readiness to train and be stronger is a great element to add to the mix.
    While Boreas' grief for his family isn't forgotten and will cause things in later parts, I had to strike a bit of a balance between portraying Boreas' grief and the influence it has on him and not getting the story bogged down into sad bleakness. While it would probably be more realistic to have Boreas much sadder and grieving more continually about his loss, that would result in very sad, angsty chapters that I didn't want the early parts of the story to be bogged down by.

And I'm glad you like Boreas' personality. It has a tendency to lead to quite interesting situations.

Both Octa and Black come off as a combination of a comic-relief and a mentor character. Octa's pride has been played for humour, and so was Black's misunderstanding of his Pokémon, and Octa pushing Boreas and encouraging him serves as the emotional side of the latter's training, while Black served as the physical side of the training. Octa and Black switching roles occasionally was wonderful to see, and although they share quite similar character roles, they are very different in terms of personality. I am quite intrigued by what could happen if a villain severely insulted Octa's heritage, or Boreas's family.

The battles in the story are quite interesting, though the battle with Plasma seemed very rushed, especially after the grunts hyping themselves up as dangerous. Being defeated so easily undermined Team Plasma in general, and they don't seem as threatening as they originally did.
    I did the thing with the grunts being so easily defeated after their scary set-up more or less intentionally. The problem is this: grunts of none of the teams have ever felt very threatening or scary in the games. And in almost none of the other media either. Pokémon adventures makes an effort to make the grunts threathening too, but quickly switched to a focus on their leaders as villains. I basically decided to do the same thing, as I realised that even if I managed to make the grunts scary, they would quickly lose it as a result of being defeated a lot. Instead, I chose to put a lot more focus on the Seven Sages and have them be the part of Team Plasma that's threatening and powerful. Though it might've been better if I had made the chapter 6 battle less of an anticlimax.

There have been some grammar and spelling mistakes, a few missing words, and a few missing spaces scattered around the chapters. However, with chapters, these mistakes have decreased in number.
    It's strange, I always re-read a chapter carefully before submitting it, but somehow small mistakes like those keep slipping through.

And lastly, the biggest issue I take with your story is the lack of focus on relationships. There aren't many instances of Boreas interacting with anyone but Octa or an opponent in battle. I would like to know how attached Boreas is to Black, how he feels about Bianca or Cheren, or their Pokémon, and how his parents used to raise him, as these could be very crucial for his character.
    I fully agree on this one. I think I improved on this in later chapters as more characters get introduced, though the language barrier between pokémon and humans makes it tricky to properly do this with humans, and I think that can still use some big improvement.

Overall, you have a good story going on here, and I hope you keep up the good work. I will try to catch up to the latest chapters as soon as I can, and I will review the chapters in between in parts.
    Thanks for taking the time to read and review, and a lot of thanks for your useful review.

Blog Entries

Chapter Thirty-Two: Venenum in Aura Bibitur

Boreas suddenly awoke in the dark room. For some reason, the word “Zinzolin” was stuck in his head like a particularly annoying song. He was pretty sure he'd heard it before somewhere, but couldn't quite remember where, so he tried to go back to sleep. Though it was 4 in the night and he had just awoken from deep sleep, he felt as awake as a caffeine addict at noon. And the word “Zinzolin” kept racing around his brain, trying desperately to find a bell to ring.

Boreas realised how nice it was of Nurse Hate to allow them to keep their room for now, despite Black's disappearance. So far they had had no luck in finding him or Team Plasma, and neither had the police or Clay. Boreas felt very lonely without Black. Because the human couldn't talk to him he often felt like a background object and Boreas often barely realised he was around, but now that he was gone he really felt how attached he had become to his trainer. He noticed the same feeling in all his companions; even Lucius seemed depressed and sad.

Hey, Zinzolin Enterprises, Inc. is a company that does business in Driftveil... They have a large cold storage facility in the docks...

Now he knew what “Zinzolin” was. The name must have stuck in his mind because it sounded so silly. At least now it would stop bothering him, he thought, but the word kept hanging around in his head like the extremely drunk patron whose desire to drink even more is in conflict with the bartender's desire to close the bar before morning and get some sleep. Boreas tried to ignore it and go back to sleep, but like the bartender that simply wasn't an option for him. Both the name and the drunkard were far too annoying for that.

Besides, he found he was terribly worried about Black. He could easily guess why Team Plasma had kidnapped him, and Boreas felt at least partially responsible for it. If they hadn't defeated two of the Sages through his trickery, Team Plasma wouldn't have considered Black a threat and wouldn't have bothered him. Of course Boreas knew they would all be dead if it hadn't been for his trickery, but he couldn't help but feel a bit guilty. Black had been gone for four days, anything could've happened to him. Boreas felt his heart burn with raging fury at the thought that he might even be dead. If he was, Boreas swore, he wouldn't stop until every last member of Team Plasma had discovered just how cold revenge could be.

“Derek, the piñata's got a gun...” Selene mumbled in her sleep, “...Stop licking the Marmite jar out and do the dishes, or it will shoot us both...”

He forced himself to breathe slowly and calm down. He wondered if Black had felt the same way when Team Plasma had kidnapped his pokémon in Castelia. Boreas guessed he did, as Black really cared a lot for each of them. They never really talked of course, given Black's spectacular talent for misunderstanding, but an occasional petting and the general good care he took of them showed a lot. Besides, how many trainers let their pokémon walk outside their pokéballs all the time? Black might not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but he had a very kind heart and was brave. The human was quite a lot kinder and braver than Boreas himself, the Glaceon realised with shame.

Suddenly and without warning, a seemingly random memory echoed in Boreas' mind. N had just told them he was Team Plasma's king, and Boreas and Black were shouting accusations at him. Suddenly he stopped them and said to the two grunts: “Go now, report to sage Zinzolin, and I'll cover your retreat.”

“I've got it!!!” Boreas roared.

“It wasn't me!” yelped Toxica, “I don't know who did it, but not me!”

“It's a wedding, not a funeral!” Selene croaked.

“What the crap?!” barked Lucius.

“Wah!” yelped Capella.

“Silence, you fool!” Octa shouted, “You'll kill us all! Oh dear, I seem to have been dreaming. What's going on here?”

Before they could get enough of their senses together to start shouting at him and ask why he woke them up in the middle of the night, Boreas scrambled to his feet and blurted out: “Guys, guys, guys, I've got it! I've just had an epiphany!”

Lucius responded: “Don't be so loud you wake us up with it, pup, just clean up your mess quietly and let us sleep.”

“An epiphany,” Octa explained tiredly, “is an illuminating realisation or discovery, you illiterate barbarian.”

“Ooh, I like those,” remarked Selene.

“Now, what is it, my dear fellow?” Octa asked, “I do hope 'tis very good, or I shall be forced to become quite cross with you.”

“I know where Black is!” Boreas said, turning on the light. It blazed in his eyes as if he was directly looking into the Sun, but he ignored it, “I know where he is! Team Plasma took him to Zinzolin Enterprises, Inc.! It's the name of one of their Sages, N mentioned that, I'll bet the company is just a cover operation for Team Plasma!”

“Hmm,” Octa said, “Quite, yes, I do remember N saying that, now that you mention it. It might just be a coincidence, but we should investigate regardless. Jolly good, my dear fellow, at least we have a clue now.”

“Right,” Boreas said as they reached the cold storage, “here's my plan: we run inside, fight our way past any guards, and rescue Black. Let's go!”

“What happens if it's not actually a cover operation for Team Plasma?” Octa asked.

“Then we go outside again and try to find a new clue, let's go!”

“What happens if we encounter resistance?” Octa asked.

“We defeat it.”

“What happens if we encounter quite a lot of undefeatably powerful resistance and/or traps?”

Boreas swallowed a lump of fear in his throat. “Then we go out in a blaze of glory. Freeze of glory in my case.”

“Good luck,” said Lucius, sitting down. “Let me know how it went if I ever see you again.”

“What?” seethed Boreas, “aren't you going to help us rescue Black?”

“No, I think I'd rather live another day, pup.”

“Coward!” Lucius' behaviour just sickened Boreas, “don't you remember what Black did for us in Castelia? He saved your life!”

“Yeah, he did, so I'm not gonna throw it away.”

“Traitor,” sneered Boreas, “Black is counting on us.”

“Your plan is crap,” said Lucius, “we go in and get ourselves killed is more like. Who made you the boss anyway?”

“Gentlemen!” Octa interrupted, “calm down, please. My dear fellow, you have to concede that he has a point, it really isn't much of a plan. If you would just calm down, we could think of something better.”

“Okay, okay,” Boreas conceded, “what about this then: we sneak in carefully, try our best not to be seen and try to find Black, if he's here at all. If we see any sentry we fight-”

“Try to stay hidden and out of sight?” Octa suggested.

“Okay, that. Everyone agree?”

Everyone, even Lucius, did agree with that plan. But when they tried to get in, they found the large cargo doors locked. And so were the smaller doors for personnel.

“Well,” said Capella, “that is a shame. Does anyone have another idea?”

“We could try to pick a lock,” suggested Boreas.

“None of us have opposable thumbs, lock picks, nor the skill required,” Octa responded.

“We could climb down the chimney,” suggested Boreas.

“It's cold storage,” sighed Octa, “a chimney would be as useful as an open window in a space station.”

“We could break the door down.”

“Yes, you truly are a master of stealth and subtlety. Besides, 'tis a storage facility, we can safely assume the doors are powerful enough to withstand any damage we could do to them.”

“We could wait for the first worker to arrive and follow them inside.”

“That would mean we'd attempt to rescue him at day, while the facility is operative. That significantly lowers our chances. Though it does give me an idea: while the facility is operative, we could sneak inside, hide ourselves, and wait for night to fall.”

“Only that'd mean we'd have to wait another day to save him.”

“It would, but it seems we don't have much of a choice, my dear fellow.”

“Why don't we just use the door?” Selene asked.

“Because it's locked.”

“No, it isn't, I unlocked it.”

“Wh-” Boreas gasped, “how? What? When? Where? Who? Huh?”

“You really do have a way with words, my dear fellow,” said Octa, “but allow me to rephrase that, if I may: did you really unlock it? And how?”

“I picked the lock,” said Selene, “like Boreas suggested.”

They were all left speechless as Selene flew to the closest personnel door and opened it. The first to recover was Lucius, who laughed jovially. “You crazy bird, you are good for something!”

“You know it!” Selene croaked happily as she landed on his shoulder.

As they entered the cold storage a blast of cold air enveloped them to Boreas' joy and the others' dislike. Inside, the cold storage was a hall that would've given most cathedrals an inferiority complex. There were loads of huge containers that probably contained food. They were stacked in massive towers of containers and left paths between them. Chills ran down Boreas' spine as he realised Black's corpse could be hidden in one of those containers.

Distant footsteps echoed through the huge hall and a flashlight's light could be seen far away. Without saying a word, they all agreed to be very, very quiet. It was immediately obvious that looking for Black would be like looking for a needle in a haystack in a mountain of needles if they had to check every container in cold storage. So they decided to try and find evidence that it was Team Plasma's hideout first.

They sneaked through the dark warehouse as quietly as possible while trying to avoid the guards. It was fortunate that the containers were so large, as it meant they could easily hide when a guard approached.

They crossed the great hall cautiously and slowly without seeing anything interesting. But when they were on the other side of the entrance, they saw there was a large cargo door guarded by two workers. They were wearing thick blue clothes that protected them from the cold and seemed to be half-asleep.

“There,” whispered Boreas, “why would those guys be guarding this door in the middle of the night unless it was to prevent a certain someone from escaping?”

“Y-you may be r-right,” Capella, shivering with cold, agreed, “w-we'll have t-t-to dispatch them quickly and quietly.”

Boreas summoned a powerful gust of frosty air, blowing the two sleepy guards out of balance so they fell over and hit their heads on the door, knocking them out.

They entered the large cargo doors, which led to another cold storage hall. This one was smaller than the other one, but still quite large. They sneaked through it until they saw a lone container guarded by two Team Plasma members in their normal uniforms.

“W-w-w-we should've worn the warm clothing...” one of them muttered.

“S-s-shut up,” the other one snapped, “we're Team Plasma! We'll show it by wearing our uniforms.”

“B-but the other guys are all wearing warm clothes...”

“Yes, so just think how proud Sage Zinzolin will be that we wore our normal uniforms while guarding the prisoner!”

“I think he'll chew us out for being so stupid instead...”

Since they weren't close enough to any hard surface and too awake to knock them out as easily as the other guards, they would have to be battled.

As he took the key to the container from one of the knocked-out guards, Boreas paused for a moment, thinking how bad the security was compared to Bronius' hideout in Castelia. But that was not important, as Boreas opened the container and saw the unconscious, bound form of Black and immediately pounced him with joy. His skin was icy cold, but Black slowly awoke as his bonds were undone.

“I... is that you? Octa? 'Reas? You... came to... rescue... me?” Black mumbled as he hugged them all slowly.

Boreas was so happy to see Black again, but furious to see the wounds the bounds around his wrists and ankles had caused and how badly hypothermic he was. Black tried to stand up and immediately collapsed.

“We'll have to carry him,” said Capella, “let's hurry up, I think he'll be fine if we can get him to the pokécenter.”

To get the 80 kilo human to the pokécenter when none of them was even half that weight would be quite a chore, but if the six of them worked together they could do it. They began dragging him out of the container. But when they opened the container's door, thirty-two pairs of eyes looked back. They put Black down carefully and formed a protective half-circle around him.

“Leaving so soon, boy?” a French-accented old man with long, greying brown hair and a goatee asked, “I was 'oping you might stick around a bit longer.” He was wearing long, purple clothes and seemed to be a sage of Team Plasma.

“Zinzolin...” Black muttered, “...Bastard... let us go.”

“You know I can't do that. You 'ave become a thorn in Team Plasma's collective eye and we consider you too dangerous to be allowed to go free.”

Boreas growled.

“You 'ave very loyal pokémon. Smart too, to find you 'ere, but not smart enough to realise we 'ave more security measures than meets the eye. It's good, because we can use pokémon like them at the Castle. Grab them!”

As soon as he gave the order, the fifteen Plasma grunts darted forth, and a few of them were immediately struck down by counter-attacks. Zinzolin ordered them to stop, and they did so. He threw six ultra balls, unleashing a Drapion, an Amoonguss, a Garbodor, a Seviper, a Crobat, and a Muk.

“I am a merciful man,” said Zinzolin, “and will let all seven of you live if you don't resist. You will go to the castle and get to help work on our majestique future. But if you resist, I'll let my pokémon kill you all, including your master.”

“We'll never betray Black!” Capella stated firmly. Four determined nods showed the others' agreement.

“Good luck with that.” Lucius suddenly ran at the half-circle of grunts, firing a Dark Pulse at two of them. They fell the ground, screaming and clutching their heads.

“Merde!” cursed Zinzolin, “You and you, after 'im!”

“Dirty coward!” Boreas shouted after him. Though he felt a lot like routing himself, he couldn't leave Black behind.

“Lucius might have scarpered,” Toxica said, “but the rest of us are loyal and will defend Black with our lives!”

“If you want to stand in my way,” said Zinzolin, “you and your master alike will die. It's a pity, really, but we can't allow evil to prosper. Attaque!”

As the six powerful poison types attacked, the grunts all ran back to leave room for their leader's dangerous pokémon. They began guarding the exits to the cold storage, though, so that wasn't much of an advantage. A large X-shaped bullet raced at Boreas, and he only managed to dodge it by pressing himself to the ground immediately. As it turned in the air, it slowed down for a moment, so Boreas saw it was the Crobat, the razor-sharp edges of its wings covered in an unpleasant-looking liquid. He tried Ice Beaming it, but it was incredibly agile and easily dodged, immediately swooping at him again with wings in a slashing position.

Boreas raised a front paw in a reflex to hold his enemy off, then, in the quarter of a second he had left, first realised that was a stupid idea, and then thought of a way he might use it to his advantage anyway. He unleashed a mighty flare of cold from his palm in that single moment, liquidising a small pocket of air in an instant. The heat of the surrounding air meant the liquid air boiled away immediately with a poof, forming a small shock wave that hit the Crobat and made it lose its speed and aim. It hit the ground clumsily. Boreas immediately followed up with an Ice Beam to its back, but then a sharp pincer grabbed his own back and lifted him up.

It was the Drapion, and the pincers' points felt like sharp knives trying to dig through his skin and flesh. He tried Ice Beaming its face, but the only reaction was that it looked angrier.

“That's not very nice!” Selene landed on Drapion's head and dug her beak into its right eye. It screamed and let go of Boreas, but before he could thank Selene she had been knocked away by the Drapion's tail. His enemy was enraged and missing an eye now, so it followed her.

Boreas pursued the Drapion, but then did a double-take as his eyes drifted over the spot where Black had been and saw he had disappeared. The Seviper was slithering to one of the guarded exits, coiled around a struggling Black. He ran after them immediately, Ice Beaming the Seviper. It turned to face him with a hiss, then bit Black with its large poison teeth. Black stopped struggling immediately and went limp.

“No!” Boreas roared, “I'll kill you for that!”

The snake uncoiled itself from Black. “Relaxxx, It'sss jussst a paralytic, not a poissson,” the gigantic snake hissed, “givesss me time to deal with you. It'sss not often prey offersss itssself ssso willingly.”

Boreas Ice Beamed his opponent's face and rolled aside to dodge the creature's Poison Tail. He jumped over its lengthy body as it formed a circle around it and Ice Beamed its neck. It turned around rapidly and tried to bite him, but he jumped out of the way quickly.

But then disaster struck: as he tried to dodge a simultaneous attack by both of the Seviper's ends at once, it turned out it was just a feint as he was slammed down by a crushing impact of the snake's middle. He rolled away from the snake's attempt to bite him while he was helpless, but he was just too slow and the left poison tooth scraped him. He felt numbness spread through his body almost immediately. It was strong, but not powerful enough to fully paralyse him, as he'd received only a small scrape. He found that with some difficulty he could still move, but when he tried to create an Ice Beam, it just failed.

He tried easier ice attacks, but he just couldn't do it. It was as if he was an Eevee again, and he did the only thing he could: run for his life. But he ran slowly and clumsily, and was tripped by Seviper's thick tail. He heard the snake's hissing laughter as he tried to stumble back to his feet panicky. Seviper's thick body wrapped around him. Just a single coil was enough to press all four of his paws to his body in a deadlock.

He looked into the eyes of his captor, and to his horror it licked its lips with a forked tongue. He struggled for his life to get up and out of the Seviper's coil.

“No, don't!” he yelped as the Seviper opened its mouth and struck. Suddenly he struggled downwards instead of upwards, and through sheer surprise managed to sink lower into the coil. The Seviper's huge jaws snapped just above his head, where his neck had been a moment earlier.

The Seviper shifted its coils so that he was once again completely wrapped and lifted him up above its head. It opened its massive jaws once again, and this time put his entire rear half into its mouth, his midriff on the smaller teeth of the lower jaw. Boreas knew he had less than a second before he would be bitten in half and struggled desperately to jump out of his enemy's mouth, but his rear legs didn't have any grip on the wet tongue. Instead he used his front legs to push himself back off the teeth. When the mouth snapped closed a moment later, the roof of the mouth hitting his back felt like a bookshelf falling on top of him, but at least he wasn't bitten in half, as the sharp teeth had closed just in front of his nose. The mouth opened and the tongue pushed him back on the row of teeth and pinned him down like an executor forcing his victim's head onto the chopping block. Boreas bit the tongue and as it jerked away in reflex and took Boreas, who was still lying on top of it, with it, away from the teeth.

As the mouth snapped close again, the mouth's roof hit Boreas once again painfully hard. Suddenly a thunderous noise roared through the mouth and the tongue he was lying on moved around. It was a moment before he realised Seviper was speaking, and though its mouth being closed and Boreas lying on top of its tongue didn't exactly improve its articulation, Boreas could make out the words “If that's the way you want it.”

To his horror the tongue he was lying on suddenly angled itself, and he began sliding down into the throat on its slippery, saliva-coated surface. “No!” he yelled, grabbing desperately for anything he could hold. He tried to grab one of the molars, but it was just outside his reach. He felt his hind legs enter a vertical tunnel as he slipped further down. “Please!” he begged his enemy as his upper body reached the rear of the tongue, “anything but that!”

The fleshy muscles of the Seviper's oesophagus pressed on him on all sides as he lost sight of the mouth and slid down. They were crushingly powerful, yet did not quite go to the point were they broke his bones. He could feel the dark moist tunnel opening under him and closing above him. He tried desperately to do something to save himself from the horrible fate that awaited him at the end of the tunnel; he clawed and bit at the walls but found them too powerful and too smooth to be penetrated, he tried to make cold and freeze Seviper's throat from the inside, but the poison still inhibited his powers. He tried to jam his paws into opposite sides of the oesophagus, in the desperate hope he could get himself temporarily stuck in the throat, though he was sure the muscles were powerful enough to just break his bones if he obstructed them and force him down further. The disgusting smell of vomit was getting stronger.

He felt his feet enter a liquid and submerge, giving him a curiously tingly sensation. His feet soon touched the bottom of the small, liquid-filled fleshy room and he tried to brace himself against the muscles that forced the rest of him in. But his knees and back were absolutely no match for the oesophagus' muscles and just bent. His lower half was forced in, completely filling the fleshy bag. But more of him kept entering and the room expanded to fit him. Finally his head entered the rancid-smelling stomach, and the oesophagus closed itself behind him despite his best efforts to keep it open.

Though it was as dark as a cave inside the Seviper's stomach, Boreas could feel he was in a curled up, almost foetal position, all his body under the horrible tingling liquid's surface and only his head above it. He could barely move because of the walls pressing on him from all sides. It was very warm and the walls pulsated with the loud, thumping noise of the Seviper's heartbeat. He could barely move at all, fleshy walls pushing on him from all sides.

Though his knowledge of anatomy was sketchy at best, Boreas realised hanging by his tail from the Ferris wheel was paradise compared to what awaited him if he didn't think of something very clever really quickly.
    Last edited by apenpaap; 8th October 2011 at 06:23 AM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: The Surprising Adventures of a Glaceon in Unova (Chapter 32)

Wow, being eaten by a Seviper isn't the way to go,
    good chapter, amazingly descriptive as usual.

Though one small thing I have to point out, in the second last paragraph, first sentence, you left out what was probably stomach.
    Other than that great chapter.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast