The Strongest Pokémon in the World?

Thread: The Strongest Pokémon in the World?

Default The Strongest Pokémon in the World?

Warning: This fic contains spoilers for the tenth episode of Pocket Monsters: Advanced Generation, as well as minor spoilers for some earlier episodes. If you dislike spoilers, and haven’t seen the episodes, leave now.

Disclaimer: Of course I don’t own it. If you think I do, you need to have your head examined. No infringement of the rights of the creators of Pokémon is intended.

Author’s Note: This is just a little idea that struck me as I watched Episode 10 of Advanced Generation. It’s sort of a “what if” version of that episode. Enjoy, and don’t take it too seriously.

------------------------------------------

The Strongest Pokémon in the World?

On his journey to become a Pokémon Master, Ash Ketchum has left behind all his pokémon except Pikachu, and come to the Houen region. Ash met Professor Odamaki of Mishiro Town, and set off on his travels with new pokémon trainer Haruka and her little brother Masato. On the road, they were joined by Ash’s old friend, Brock. They are now on their way to the first Gym in Houen, which is in Kanazumi City.

The group has just passed through a small village, when Masato notices a sign by the side of the road. He wonders what it’s about, and Brock reads it aloud. “This Way to the Gym with the World’s Strongest Pokémon!”

Ash, of course, is excited about the prospect. “The gym with the world’s strongest pokémon?”

“Pika!”

“I wonder what sort of pokémon it could be?” Haruka, too, is excited, but definitely not about getting a chance to battle it.

“Let’s go see!” Masato starts running down the path, with the others following moments later. As they run, Ash mutters to himself, “I’ve heard this sort of claim somewhere before...”

Minutes later, they arrive at a walled compound, with a large arched entryway. As they approach, a boy runs out crying, cradling a pokéball in his arms. They run over to him and ask what happened.

“It’s strong... too strong... no one’ll ever beat it!” And with that, the boy runs off towards the local Pokémon Center.

“He must have battled the most powerful pokémon in the world, and lost,” Brock muses.

Looking practically ecstatic, Masato exclaims “Could it be... that there’s a Legendary Pokémon here? Let’s go see.”

“Wait a second,” says Ash, “There’s something I want to do first.” Turning to the woods by the side of the road, he calls out, “I know you’ve been following me. Could you come out? I want to talk to you.”

A couple of minutes later, they walk through the entrance to the Gym, arriving at a standard dirt battle field, with a large white building on the far side. Ash yells, “Where’s the strongest pokémon in the world? I’ve come to challenge it!”

Immediately, loud cheers break out all around, which is odd since there is no one in sight. The front door of the building opens, and a man jumps out, accompanied by a pelican-like pokémon. Exuding far more energy than can possibly be healthy, he introduces himself as Antony. “Are you the one who thinks he can beat my Pelipper?” he shouts, pointing at Ash.

Somewhat overwhelmed by the man’s enthusiasm, Ash asks if the gym is official. At almost the same time, Masato blurts out, “Is that Pelipper the strongest pokémon in the world?”

Antony answers Masato first. “That’s right! But no, this isn’t an official Gym! I don’t give out badges! But since my Pelipper is unbeatable, I wouldn’t need them anyway!”

“He seems really confident,” Ash says, as he looks up Pelipper in his Pokédex.

[[Pelipper: Water bird pokémon. It can fly with small objects in its mouth, and when it is tired, it can rest while floating on the water.]]

“Now, to prove that my Pelipper really is the strongest in the world, let’s get on with the battle!”

“Such incredible confidence.” Brock seems slightly impressed.

“All right, I’ll challenge your Pelipper!” Ash shouts.

Antony laughs. “Very well! I’m always ready for any challenge!”

Getting straight down to business, Ash asks what is at the moment, the most important question: “What are the rules of the match?”

“I will use the strongest pokémon in the world, this Pelipper! You can use as many pokémon as you wish!”

“All right, let’s go!”

The two trainers face each other across the field. Antony makes the first move. “Pelipper, go!”

Ash says, in an almost conversational tone that nonetheless carries clearly across the field, “Your Pelipper isn’t the first ‘world’s strongest pokémon’ I’ve met. The last one was more impressive.” He looks up at the sky, seeing the cloud passing directly above the field. “NOW!” he shouts.

Antony looks on in shock as a beam of light shoots down from the cloud. A pokémon the size of a man but with definite feline features descends slowly. It lands gently on the field, and the column of light vanishes. Getting over the shock, Antony shouts his first order. “Pelipper! Wing Attack!”

Pelipper takes to the air, flying up high then diving down towards its opponent. Ash says nothing.

Mewtwo’s eyes glow, as does the air around Pelipper. The bird’s dive stops abruptly. A moment later, it falls to the ground, unconscious.

“Thanks,” Ash says to Mewtwo, as they leave the compound.

“It was no problem,” the world’s strongest pokémon replies. “Just don’t ask me for that sort of help too often.” And with that, Mewtwo vanishes.

Antony is still standing on the field, staring at his fallen Pelipper. He doesn’t seem to have moved a muscle since his defeat.

“What... just happened...?”

------------------------------------------

Author’s note: This idea struck me almost the instant I saw the sign in the episode, and wouldn’t let go until I wrote it. Now it’s insisting I post it somewhere, so I guess I will.
    波導は我に有り

Bulbagarden | Serebii.net
    Member at both. Mod at both.
    And sick and tired of the Joe-Liam feud.

Heh. Nice twist on that episode.

which episode is this when mewtwo defeats pelipper...?

May the Aura be with you. FabuVinny's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Murgatroyd
    Warning: This fic contains spoilers for the tenth episode of Pocket Monsters: Advanced Generation, as well as minor spoilers for some earlier episodes. If you dislike spoilers, and haven’t seen the episodes, leave now.
    But Mewtwo wasn't in the actual episode. That's why it's called fanfiction.

Quote Originally Posted by FabuVinny
    But Mewtwo wasn't in the actual episode. That's why it's called fanfiction.
    ahha okej sorry....but do you know any episodes with mewtwo in it besides the pokemon movies?

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well, there was the Viridian Gym episode and a few following, but that's it.

Java Girl Barb's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries

I think you're slightly more prolific a writer than I am, and I really like this story: lighthearted and cute.