Rival's Story - Page 7

Page 7 of 60 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Rival's Story

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Rival's Story

I CANNOT BELIEVE I MISSED A CHAPTER! JUST KILL ME NOW!

Okay, on the missed one, I liked your shock wave part and abra and whatnot, and Magikarp was just hilarious. Blue's going to be ditching him...

The Pikachu chapter. interesting. Rat-fight. And Rattata won by kicking the opponent when he was down.

All in all, two very well done chapters. I look forward to the victory... unless Blue loses and has to heal which causes the tree to grow back which sends Blue off to the S.S. Anne to get cut... It's a sign of a good writer when I can't predict how this is going to end.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Gastly's Mama is currently experiencing an internet drought. Normal service shall resume on the 7th or thereabouts.

Is Golden. The Golden Tyranitar's Avatar
    Sitting in an armchair in a quiet library in Driftveil City.
    Blog Entries

J-J-J-Jutlord?I haven't seen you since rocket mission 1!

Blog Entries

second page? Really?

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Let's get funky! Gama's Avatar Former Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuutakesh! View Post
    second page? Really?
    Thank you, I'm glad I was offline while I regressed to the second page, that would have been too depressing to see. And thank you to Jutlord for passing on my message. I've got a temporary connection at the moment, so I'm not gonna make any promises about when I get next post a chapter, but hopefully this temp connection will last until I can get the proper one sorted out. Either way, you people deserve a chapter after this disgustingly long wait! I've still been writing, I just haven't been posting, so whenever I am online, I should be able to post - hope you enjoy!

Chapter 22

Blue was deeply afraid of this new opponent, but stood his ground and managed to keep face.

“Rattata!” shouted Blue, willing his Pokémon to evolve and sensing that it wasn’t too far away from doing so, “Hyper Fang!”
    “Raichu,” sneered Surge, “Thunder Bolt.”

Rattata burst forwards towards Raichu, but was hit back by a massive bolt of lightning coming out of Raichu’s tail, which was raised well over its head. The electricity was so powerful that Rattata was blown backwards and left twitching in pain on its back. Perhaps it wasn’t going to evolve in this battle after all. Blue retreated Rattata to its Poké Ball and put his hand on his last Pokémon’s Poké Ball, fortunately, his last Pokémon was Charmander, his strongest Pokémon.

“Go Charmander!” yelled Blue and threw the Poké Ball down to the ground.

Blue was pleased to see Surge’s Raichu in a better light, although it had towered over Rattata, it was only a few inches taller than Charmander. Blue thought he could use Smoke Screen to prevent Raichu’s awesome Thunder Bolt from hitting, but he made the mistake of starting with a defensive move against Voltorb and that had cost him dearly, so Blue decided to go on the offensive.

“Charmander!” cried Blue, “Ember!”
    “You know what to do, Raichu,” muttered Surge.

Charmander let out a rush of fire from its mouth, which evidently caused some notable pain to Surge’s Raichu, but not nearly enough to take it out. After Raichu took the hit, it stood proud as if it hadn’t been hit at all and simply hit back with a second awesome Thunder Bolt. Fortunately, Charmander fared better than Rattata, but not by much. Charmander was knocked to the ground, although it was not knocked out, it came close. Blue decided it was time for a Smoke Screen after all, even if Raichu did know Shock Wave like Voltorb, Smoke Screen would at least stop Thunder Bolt hitting as often and that was a much more powerful move.

“Smoke Screen!” shouted Blue.

Charmander obeyed immediately, moving faster than Raichu, probably due to Surge’s arrogance rather than Raichu’s inferior speed. Smoke billowed out across the arena, it wasn’t particularly thick, but enough to impair Raichu’s ability to make accurate attacks.

“Thunder Bolt!” bellowed Surge, becoming ever more certain of his victory, even if a few Thunder Bolts missed, sooner or later one was going to hit and he only needed one or two more to take Charmander out completely.

Raichu’s tail began to spark with electricity once again and then it fired the electricity out. Blue shut his eyes and prayed that this attack would not hit its mark because if it did, Charmander didn’t stand a very good chance of winning this battle. After a half second that felt like an eternity Blue heard the sound of a Pokémon taking an attack, but couldn’t see it because of the smoke. Blue shouted out to Charmander and miraculously heard back! Charmander had withstood the attack! Without stopping to wonder how Charmander had managed such a feat, Blue simply ordered a second Smoke Screen, Raichu had gotten lucky the first time, but if he ordered enough Smoke Screens, Raichu stood no chance of landing another attack. The smoke got thicker, but rather than worry or frustration showing on Surge’s face, a smile surfaced.

“Think you’re clever, kid?” taunted Surge, “Well I only need to hit once more! That thing’s gotta be on low enough health now to be taken out by a Shock Wave! Do it, Raichu!”

Raichu nodded obediently and its tail began glowing with the familiar blue electricity of a Shock Wave attack. Blue sensed that this was the end of the road, but then again, he had sensed that Rattata was going to evolve before the battle was out so maybe his senses weren’t worth putting too much faith in. Raichu launched its Shock Wave blindly into the smoke, without even caring to take aim and Blue heard the attack landing, and yet he didn’t hear Charmander falling.

“What the hell?” demanded Surge, “Is your Pokémon even in the smoke?”

Blue was beginning to question that himself, but decided to try and maintain his faith.

“Charmander!” ordered Blue, ignoring Surge completely, “Ember!”

Blue’s worries were put aside as a torrent of fire, bigger than any he had seen Charmander make before came firing out of the smoke and hit Raichu, catching it totally unaware. Raichu was knocked to the floor, the element of surprise making the attack all the more powerful. Then Raichu’s assailant emerged from the smoke, it wasn’t Blue’s Charmander after all, Surge was about to declare the match void, but then both Trainers realised at once, it wasn’t Blue’s Charmander because Blue’s Charmander had become Blue’s Charmeleon! Charmeleon was a deep shade of red, had much larger claws than it previously had and stood a clear foot above Surge’s Raichu, who now appeared to be burnt. Things appeared to be turning around for Blue.

“Finish it!” shouted Blue, “Don’t let it get up! Ember until it’s over!”

Charmeleon opened its mouth and let out a torrent of fire as large as the one it had launched from within the Smoke Screen shield. Blue had anticipated a bit more of a struggle, but apparently Raichu’s burn affected it more than he had given it credit for and Raichu could stand no more. Raichu fainted and Blue won the battle! Surge screamed out in anger and frustration, cursing Blue’s luck. Blue started to back away, for fear that the man would physically attack him, but after a few seconds, Surge regained his cool.

“Congratulations, kid,” he said, “That was one of the best battles I’ve had in my life, including my time in the army. You really earned this.”

Surge tossed Blue a Thunder Badge, which Blue diligently added to his Badge collection.

“Oh, and I’d like to give you a little something else in commemoration of this battle,” continued Surge, “A TM.”
    “What’s a TM?” asked Blue.
    “TM is short for ‘Technical Machine’, you can use it to teach a Pokémon a certain move,” explained Surge, “I have two and I don’t need either of them – so take your pick!”

Surge went over to a drawer and pulled out two discs, both yellow, one labelled ‘TM34 – Shock Wave’ and the other labelled ‘TM24 – Thunder Bolt’. Blue thought for a moment, but decided that he wanted Shock Wave, since he didn’t have any Electric type Pokémon, the more technical move was probably a better choice than the more powerful move, which would suit a Pokémon of the same type.

“Alright, kid,” growled Surge, “Good luck, I hope to see you some time again, ok?”

Blue smiled and nodded in response, he’d make sure he met this guy again.

Blue's Team: Charmeleon, Pidgeotto, Rattata, Kadabra, Magikarp
    Blue’s Box: Metapod, Beedrill, Meowth, Bellsprout
    Blue's Pokédex: 14 Caught, 39 Seen
    Blue’s Badges: 3

Blog Entries

Ah, and you're back. Another good chapter. It felt kinda rushed compared to the others though. But I liked the line about Blue's charmander not being Blue's charmander because he's Blue's charmeleon. That was pretty good.

An interesting note I discovered today. Blue ditches, or loses, Ratacate prior to the Lavender Town battle, which is in a Pokemon cemetery. Are you going to kill of Raticate or do you have a different explanation?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuutakesh! View Post
    Ah, and you're back. Another good chapter. It felt kinda rushed compared to the others though. But I liked the line about Blue's charmander not being Blue's charmander because he's Blue's charmeleon. That was pretty good.

An interesting note I discovered today. Blue ditches, or loses, Ratacate prior to the Lavender Town battle, which is in a Pokemon cemetery. Are you going to kill of Raticate or do you have a different explanation?
    Thank you and with regards to your Rattata theory, you'll have to wait and see. However, I will say that Blue does have a much better reason for visiting the cemetery than Red.

How do I used tense? SSJ3_Raditz's Avatar

I read everything in one sitting like I did with Legacy's fic.

I like the fic a lot though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gastlys Mama View Post
    Yeah, I find the whole "light years" crap hilarious too, that's why I knew I had to include it. My other favourite quote is "I like shorts! They're comfy and easy to wear!" or possibly "Why aren't you wearing shorts?"

The thought of Rival's Story II (based on Silver) has crossed my mind, but if I do do that I'll wait until the english release of HGSS to see what new things they bring about Silver, I'm expecting paternity confirmation. There definitely won't be a Rival's Story III though... I suppose I could do it about Wally actually, but he doesn't really meet Ruby enough times for it to be particularly interesting. Also if I've done two Rival Stories I'll probably be sick of it. =P

I was considering doing a story called 'Where In The World Is Giovanni?' about what happens to him after RBY, but I'm not sure. I guess I don't really have to think about this for a while, I don't really want to be running two or three at a time, I'm busy enough with the one!
    Reading through, Blue just beat Brock. I really like it, it makes Bliue seem much more reasonable. HGSS does confirm Silver's father is Giovanni, Serebii hacked a Celebi with the expected moves/stats for an upcoming event, and found that it brings you back in time where you see Silver and Giovanni, then later battle Giovanni where he is hiding in a cave.
    Swampert_rox

Thanks to Emi-chan and Blazaking EX for the banner!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by swampert_rox View Post
    Reading through, Blue just beat Brock. I really like it, it makes Bliue seem much more reasonable. HGSS does confirm Silver's father is Giovanni, Serebii hacked a Celebi with the expected moves/stats for an upcoming event, and found that it brings you back in time where you see Silver and Giovanni, then later battle Giovanni where he is hiding in a cave.
    BWAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! GOOD LORD MAN HAVE YOU NEVER HEARD OF A SPOILER ALERT!!!!!

Well, it turns out my avoidance of all things to do with HGSS has been for naught as the thing I was most trying to avoid finding out about was stuff concerning Giovanni. >_>

You weren't to know, I suppose. Well, I'll let you guys know now then, as I did suspect this would happen. Rival's Story is not going to be canon with HGSS as I planned it out way before that game was even announced, so it will be canon with games up to DPPt, and DPPt has absolutely no bearing on it anyway.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by swampert_rox View Post
    *Facepalm*
    Just Great.
    Why not tell us what other stuff might happen?/Sarcasm]
    Anyway,This was a good chapter,but I agree with Ryuu that it does seem a little rushed.But I'm glad the Charmander evolved at last.Looking forward to the next Red battle ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Gastlys Mama View Post
    ...but Blue’s Rattata had just attacked, there was no way it would be able to Bite Red’s Rattata before it was bitten by it! Then Blue had a brain wave, if he instructed Rattata to use the slightly less powerful Quick Attack he could move first...
    Error: Blue wouldn't be able to attack until next turn. Sorry, I was just saying that there would be confirmation.
    Swampert_rox

Blog Entries

Gaz uses animé style battles rather than game.Animé style battles have no structured turn system.So really,there is no error ;D

He said its a game mechanic error, not anime... And in chapter 18, the story says that it was Oak who gave him the S.S. Ticket.
    Swampert_rox

Blog Entries

*Blinks*Oh!Pardon my ignorance ;D

Page 7 of 60 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)