Rival's Story - Page 6
Page 6 of 60 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: Rival's Story

Is Golden. The Golden Tyranitar's Avatar
    Sitting in an armchair in a quiet library in Driftveil City.
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Rival's Story

Epic!Leaves me wanting more :D

Let's get funky! Gama's Avatar Former Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

I can't believe I allowed Rival's Story to fall on to the second page... What a travesty. I hope you guys haven't forgotten about it! I'll aim to put another chapter out very soon, but I apologise in advance in case I fail. Anyway, without further ado, here is Chapter 18.

Chapter 18

Blue ran southwards out of Cerulean City and eventually came to a gate, if Blue’s geography of the region was anything to go by then through this gate, he should be able to find Saffron City, home to another Gym and by extension another Badge. Not only that, but Vermilion City was on the other side of Saffron, so he’d be able to go to the party on the S.S. Anne that Oak had given him a ticket for. Not only that, but Saffron was also adjacent to Celadon. If he managed to get Badges from Saffron, Vermilion and Celadon, he’d have four Badges, leaving only the ones from Fuchsia, Cinnabar and, if the Gym Leader ever bothered to show up, Viridian.

However, the best laid plans of mice and men often go awry and this was no exception.

“You can’t come through here,” stated the guard, “The gate’s closed.”
    “What?!” exclaimed Blue, “Why the hell is the gate closed?!”
    “Gee, I’m thirsty,” replied the guard.
    “What kind of an explanation is that?” exploded Blue, “You’re a disgrace!”

Blue waited for a response from the guard, but did not receive one, so he simply about turned and stormed out. On his way out, Blue walked into an young man.

“Hey,” said the young man, “You looking to get into Saffron too?”
    “Yeah, you know a way?” asked Blue.
    “No,” answered the young man, “But I’d be just as happy to get to Vermilion, and I know a way there. You wanna come?”

Blue considered this, it would be to his advantage to get to Vermilion sooner rather than later, the S.S. Anne party was today and he’d look like a real chump if he turned up after the party had finished… He didn’t want to look that dumb, he’d definitely have to get there on time.

“Yeah, I suppose,” answered Blue, “Which way?”
    “There’s an underground passage not too far from here – let’s go!” responded the stranger, “Oh, my name’s Jeff by the way!”
    “Blue,” responded Blue, intent on keeping any further conversation monosyllabic.

Jeff led Blue off towards the Underground passage, which they walked through, Jeff with a lot more excitement than Blue.

“I can’t wait to get to Vermilion!” Jeff would exclaim every ten steps.
    “I’m gonna get a Gym Badge!” Jeff would exclaim every fifteen steps.
    “I’m gonna go swimming!” Jeff would exclaim every twelve steps.

Eventually, Blue and Jeff arrived at Route 6, just north of Vermilion City and Blue could not wait to get rid of Jeff, however Jeff actually suggested something sensible – that they should catch a few more Pokémon before challenging the Gym Leader, especially since neither of them were aware of what type of Pokémon he or she used. Blue agreed and the two of them went on a catching spree.

Jeff managed to catch a Spearow, bringing his Pokémon count to two, while Blue caught a Bellsprout and a Meowth, both of which were sub par in Blue’s opinion, resulting in Blue dumping both of them in the PC Box as soon as the duo arrived in Vermilion. Blue managed to get Jeff to agree to the two of them splitting up and meeting back at the Gym later, so Blue went to explore the town and in one of the houses he met a man who called himself the Fishing Guru.

“I really like to fish!” exclaimed the obviously senile man.
    “That’s nice,” replied Blue.
    “Say, youngster,” continued the old man, “Would you like to fish?”
    “I wouldn’t mind,” answered Blue honestly, “But I don’t have a fishing rod and I don’t want one enough to pay for one, so I guess I’m not going to.”
    “No problem!” answered the alleged Guru, “I’ve got just the thing!”

The Fishing Guru went to a cupboard and opened it up, revealing a host of decrepit, old Rods that looked barely usable, picked up the oldest, most rotten looking one and handed it to Blue with a huge smile on his face.

“Now, go,” said the Fishing Guru, as if he had bestowed some sort of medal upon Blue, “Go and fish, wherever you can find water.”

Blue gave the man a funny look, thanked him and left, beggars can’t be choosers after all. Blue decided that since his previous attempts at catching a Pokémon had been so fruitless, he may as well give it another go. Then he saw it – Magikarp, if Blue wasn’t mistaken this was the excellent Pokémon he’d been offered near Mt. Moon for 500 bucks, and now he was about to get it for free! This Pokémon would be the cornerstone around which his team was built – Blue simply couldn’t believe his luck! Blue managed to catch the Pokémon with a surprising amount of ease for such a strong Pokémon, but Blue assumed this was just down to luck and/or his own skill as a Trainer. Blue decided to go and check out the Gym, with his new Pokémon in tow, he’d be able to wipe the floor with this Gym Leader, who gives a damn whether Jeff is there or not.

However, once again Blue’s plans were shot into oblivion as a small tree blocked the way into the Gym with no conceivable way of passing it. Blue made a mental note to suggest to the Gym Leader that he or she hired a gardener and proceeded to try to step around it, but the scraggly, little trees branches reached round and blocked any such attempts to do so. Soon enough, Jeff arrived, this had been Blue’s opportunity to get rid of him and he hadn’t made it. When Jeff arrived, Blue pointed out the obstacle, but Jeff simply smirked and sent out his first Pokémon, Raticate.

“Cut!” yelled Jeff.

In response to this order, Raticate burst forward with its front claw out and cut the small tree clean in half, leaving a simple path through the middle for the pair.

“There are trees like that all over Kanto,” explained Jeff, “Cut is a really useful technique for your Pokémon to have. The captain of the S.S. Anne is a Cut Master, you know, he taught my Raticate Cut for me when I met him once a few years back. Maybe he’d do the same for you if you went and visited him!”

Blue put this on his to do list, there was no way he was going to be travelling around with Jeff for the rest of his life, just to ensure he could get past any small trees that blocked his intended path, but that was something to think about later, right now it was time to win another Gym Badge.

Blue's Team: Charmander, Pidgeotto, Rattata, Abra, Magikarp
    Blue’s Box: Metapod, Beedrill, Meowth, Bellsprout
    Blue's Pokédex: 13 Caught, 34 Seen
    Blue’s Badges: 2
    Last edited by Gama; 27th March 2010 at 01:26 PM.

Magikarp! The most powerful Pokemon in his hands! FOR FREE! EASY1!@!@@@#

Lighting Things on Fire Sarcastically Insane's Avatar
    Blog Entries

MAGIKRAP'S CHARGIN HIS LAZOR!!!one!!! BOOM!

XD I can't wait for that battle.
    Currently writing Hoenn Wars, a Travelsverse fic that needs no prior Travelsverse knowledge to understand. Chapter Seven, Sacrifice, is up.

That's interesting; I might have a look when I have the time. Thanks!

EDIT: Oh my god, these are too many links! Very specific...
    ^Someone's first impression of TVTropes.

Sentinal of Anistar Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Oh dear.

Blue... Man I'm going to enjoy his reaction to Magicarp. It's actually kinda hilarious since we know he will end up training it.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Get to Lvl 15, learn tackle, own. That's all you need.

Blog Entries

Well, I looked it up. Look's like he'll ditch it after loosing to Surge. He'll pick it up later along with an exeggcute.

Huh, it'll be interesting indeed to see the backstory behind all of this. Since before Lavender Town (or at least the battle) Blue needs to get over to the Safari Zone... or trade.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuutakesh! View Post
    Well, I looked it up. Look's like he'll ditch it after loosing to Surge. He'll pick it up later along with an exeggcute.

Huh, it'll be interesting indeed to see the backstory behind all of this. Since before Lavender Town (or at least the battle) Blue needs to get over to the Safari Zone... or trade.
    Nice to see someone is paying attention, and don't worry I've got it all thought out. Sorry for the delays, guys, but I'm having a bit of trouble. I wrote out a thirty page plan for Rival's Story that stretches right to the end, to give you an idea of how long that is in chapters, we're currently nearing the end of page four. Now here's the bad news - I've lost pages 5-11. I doubt they're anywhere but in my room, so I SHOULD be able to find them, but I may not. I can write about two more chapters based on what I've still got but if I can't find the pages, I may have to go on hiatus while I try and recreate the six pages that have gone missing. Don't worry, even if I don't find the pages, I won't give up.

Blog Entries

Good news, everyone! I've found some of the pages of my plan that I had lost before, now I'm only missing two... Unfortunately they're the next two, but here's the next chapter anyway - enjoy!

Chapter 19

Jeff and Blue entered the Gym with their hands on their Poké Balls ready to get going, the dynamic duo bolted straight down the middle of the Gym when they came up against a huge, iron door blocking their way.

“This guy really doesn’t want to be challenged!” remarked Jeff.
    “That probably means he sucks,” responded Blue, “As long as we can get in there, that Badge is as good as ours.”
    “I wouldn’t count on that,” came a voice, “Surge was my Commanding Officer in the war! He’s a frightening but paranoid man!”
    “Well why should he be paranoid if his Pokémon are up to scratch?” challenged Blue.

Out of the shadows stepped a very old man wearing a suit, shaking his head disapprovingly.

“Youthful and rash,” commented the man, “You’ll never get anywhere in life. You can call me Gentleman Tucker.”
    “Can it! Just tell us how to get past those damn doors!” yelled Blue, angered at the fact that he had met another person who had a title, was it a Gym Trainer thing?
    “I suppose I could tell you…” remarked Tucker, “But only if you beat me in a Pokémon battle!”
    “Fine!” shouted Blue, “I can spare some time for you, old man!”
    “Um, Blue,” said Jeff sheepishly, “Is it really a good idea to waste all your energy before you battle the Gym Leader?”
    “Shut up, Jeff!” reprimanded Blue, “I know what I’m doing!”

Blue thought about what Pokémon to use, he could use the newest addition to his team – Magikarp, but instead he decided to save it for the Gym Leader, there was no point in revealing his secret weapon now. Instead, Blue decided to play it safe and use his starter, Charmander. Gentleman Tucker sent out a Pikachu in response, the sight of the creature made Blue flinch, remembering how Red’s Pikachu had mercilessly dominated Blue’s Pidgeotto. Hopefully this old timer was a bit more gentle than that.

Blue ordered Charmander to start with an Ember attack and Gentleman Tucker ordered a Thundershock in response, it was an extremely uninteresting battle and sure enough, after spamming Gentleman Tucker’s Pikachu with enough Ember attacks, Blue was eventually victorious. The old man was nothing special, just as Blue expected.

“Fine!” shouted Tucker, “I’ll tell you what you want to know! There are switches to get into the door hidden all around the Gym!”
    “I don’t see anything here but a load of bins,” remarked Blue, he paused for a second and then put two and two together, “You have got to be kidding me.”
    “That’s right!” announced Gentleman Tucker, “The switches are in the bins!”
    “So I’ve got to set off a switch in each of these hundreds of bins?” checked Blue.
    “No, no,” clarified Gentleman Tucker, “You only have to activate two switches.”
    “Ok, so which bins are they in?” asked Blue.
    “It’s not as simple as that!” announced Gentleman Tucker, “Every bin has a switch in it! But the active switches change!”
    “So I have to go through every bin until I find the right switch?” questioned Blue.
    “That’s right!” announced Gentleman Tucker, “But I can give you a little hint! If you find the first switch, the second switch will be in the bin next to it!”

Blue grumbled and muttered something about how he had better get going then and he began searching through bins, with the help of Jeff. It was a tiresome process. Some of the bins were disgusting, one of them even appeared to have vomit in it and still none of them appeared to have the active switch in it. Eventually, Blue switched one and a huge buzzer resounded around the Gym… they’d activated the first switch! Now the second switch had to be the one next to it, Blue casually walked over to the bin on the right and switched the switch at the bottom of that one. He didn’t think too hard about which one he pressed, as long as he remembered where the first one was he’d be able to get the second one in a maximum of four more attempts, or so he thought. When Blue flipped the switch of the next bin, a huge voice echoed around the Gym through the PA.

“Incorrect switch selected!” boomed the voice, “Switches reset!”

Blue couldn’t believe what he was hearing. After all that searching they were back to square one. After an hour or two of searching and getting the first switch but not the second a grand total of sixteen times Blue and Jeff were finally granted entry into the Gym Leader’s chamber.

“Aha!” shouted the Gym Leader, a fairly large man in military uniform with sunglasses on, despite being inside, “Two of you? What’s wrong? Am I too scary to come at one at a time? Well I’m afraid it’s one on one or one on none with me! So who’s going first?”

Blue and Jeff turned to each other uncertainly and stood in silence for a few seconds.

“You go first,” said Blue to Jeff.
    “Thanks, man,” responded Jeff.
    “You can call me Surge!” yelled the Gym Leader, “And my Pokémon are gonna destroy you!”

As Blue had planned, he made it sound like a favour, but in fact he wanted to pick up tips from Jeff’s battle. He knew Jeff would lose, having only two Pokémon, one of which was a Flying type, weak against the Electric type, which, judging by Gentleman Tucker’s use of a Pikachu, was the speciality of this Gym. Blue just hoped Jeff could survive long enough to actually be useful to him.

Jeff opened with his new Pokémon, Spearow, while Surge opened with Voltorb. Voltorb used Shock Wave and took out Spearow in one hit. Things weren’t looking too good for Jeff already, Blue prayed that he could take out at least one Pokémon, but the odds didn’t look too good. Jeff send out his Raticate and that too was defeated in seconds.

Blue knew Jeff was a terrible Trainer, but even so, defeating him with just one Pokémon meant that this guy was the real deal, he was probably better than Brock or Misty, who weren’t exactly pushovers themselves. Blue stepped up to the centre of the Gym Leader’s chamber and grabbed a Poké Ball from his belt, this battle was going to be really tough.

Blue's Team: Charmander, Pidgeotto, Rattata, Abra, Magikarp
    Blue's Pokédex: 13 Caught, 35 Seen

Blog Entries

Well, you may have 30 pages of notes, but you jsut cleared 41 in a word document.

Another good chapter. I hate those switches. And worse yet, they're back in HGSS. Surge hates us. Ugh.

But yeah, this is kinda filler, but I did like it. Next chapter: Ultimate Magikarp ownage!

Blog Entries

Well, you may have 30 pages of notes, but you jsut cleared 41 in a word document.
    Nice. That's excellent news. Also, I figured out pretty much exactly what is missing in the one page (two sides) that I lost, so I should be able to continue uninterrupted.

Another good chapter. I hate those switches. And worse yet, they're back in HGSS. Surge hates us. Ugh.
    There's no good news without bad news is there? That is disgusting. I have to admit I did question why Surge's paranoia (which was cited as the reason for the bin switches in the originals) subsided for at least two years after some kid broke the switch system and kicked the crap out of him and yet it did not the first time that happened (ie. with Blue)...

Still, I was happy, not I am not.

But yeah, this is kinda filler, but I did like it. Next chapter: Ultimate Magikarp ownage!
    You're certainly on the ball with that one.

Blog Entries

Alright, folks, thanks for your patience, here is chapter 20.

Chapter 20

“Go Blue!” shouted Jeff, “You can do it!”
    “Get the hell out of here, Jeff!” yelled Blue in response, “You’ve gotten me into the Gym and failed to get a Gym Badge, your part’s over!”
    “Huh?” questioned Jeff.
    “I said go!” reiterated Blue.

Jeff made a blubbery attempt at a defense, but after a second or two of speechlessness left with his head hanging, muttering apologies to himself.

“Alright,” said Blue, addressing Surge, “Now that that wimp’s gone, let’s get the real party started.”
    “I like you, kid,” replied the Gym Leader, “You remind me of a young me… I almost feel bad about destroying your chances of success!”

Blue smiled, Surge was by far his favourite Gym Leader so far. He hoped that if he ever became a Gym Leader he’d have as much sass as this guy, Brock was a bit too proper for Blue’s liking and he absolutely detested Misty, but Surge was a guy Blue could really get on board with.

“Don’t worry about it,” retorted Blue, “You need to worry about me crushing you!”
    “Alright, kid,” said Surge in response, “Enough talk, let’s see the goods, send ‘em out!”

Blue smiled and thought about what Pokémon he should send out. He currently had five on his team – Charmander, Pidgeotto, Rattata, Abra and Magikarp. Abra was immediately out of the question after its performance against Red, but that still left a choice of four. The experiences of seeing Pidgeotto get taken out by Red’s Pikachu and Jeff’s entire team get taken out by Surge’s Voltorb made Blue think that Pidgeotto was probably the wrong choice which left Charmander, Rattata and Magikarp to choose from. Although logic said that Magikarp was the wrong choice, being a Water type in an Electric Gym, deep down in Blue’s heart, he knew that his latest capture would take him to victory for certain.

“Go Magikarp!” yelled Blue at the top of his voice, with pride welling up in his heart that he had caught such a spectacular Pokémon.

Surge paused in confusion for a second before sending out his Pokémon, then, with a look of disappointment sent out the Voltorb that had only just taken out Jeff’s team.

“Shock Wave,” commanded Surge, but without any feeling.
    “Magikarp!” yelled Blue heroically, in spite of the fact that he hadn’t checked Magikarp’s moves, “Attack with all your might!”

Magikarp flopped around on the floor uselessly as Surge’s Voltorb raced over to it, Magikarp continued to flop with no purpose as Voltorb used Shock Wave. Then Magikarp stopped flopping.

“What the hell was that?!” yelled Blue at the top of his voice.
    “That was a terrible Pokémon getting the crap kicked out of it,” explained Surge, with no happiness in his voice, clearly he didn’t enjoy beating weak opponents, “Why Magikarp?”
    “You useless piece of shit!” cried Blue, picked up his newest Pokémon by its tail and slammed its head against the floor, “That’s what you deserve!”
    “Woah,” intervened Surge, grabbing Blue by the shoulder, “Calm down. It can’t help sucking, that’s what Magikarp do.”

Blue fell to his knees in frustration and after Surge check that it was still alive, retreated Magikarp to its Poké Ball. Blue didn’t think he was going to continue, he’d have to regroup, he had never begun a Gym battle this badly before and he had never seen a Gym Leader this awesome before, there was no way he was going to win.

“I’m s-sorry,” whimpered Blue.
    “Sorry is for losers!” shouted Surge in response and backhanded Blue across the face.

Blue in shock stood up and put his hand decisively on one of the Poké Balls on his belt, in spite of doing it completely at random.

“Come on!” cried Surge, “If you give up now, you’re worse than your wimpy friend!”

Blue put on a brave face and sent out the Pokémon in his hand, still unable to tell which was in it as he had picked it totally at random and he only knew which Pokémon was in which Poké Ball due to the order he placed them on his belt. As Blue threw the Poké Ball down, his stomach churned, which Pokémon was in this Poké Ball could mean the difference between winning and losing this battle. A white light shone as the Poké Ball opened up, bringing out a Pokémon with it…

Pidgeotto. It was all over. Blue sank back on to his knees.

“Don’t give up now!” commanded Surge, “Fight against the odds! Be a man for once in your life!”

Blue became angry at this comment, what did this guy know about Blue’s life? Now he had to beat him.

“Pidgeotto!” yelled Blue at the top of his voice, he paused for a second, at a loss for what attack could possibly save him this round of the battle, “Sand Attack!”

Surge laughed, “Bad move,” he said, “You could’ve beaten Voltorb with that Pokémon, but one move in the round is already decided.”

Pidgeotto obeyed Blue and coated Voltorb’s eyes with sand, making it almost impossible for it to see.

“Now move out of the way when it attacks!” commanded Blue, refusing to be rattled by Surge’s taunts.

Surge laughed more, “Voltorb, Shock Wave.”

Voltorb launched a blue bolt of electricity, without even attempting to shake the sand out of its eyes. The bolt burst forward perfectly accurately towards Pidgeotto, but the bird Pokémon was quicker and managed to dodge the attack. To Blue’s horror, he saw the attack double back round and hit Pidgeotto anyway.

“Pidgeotto!” cried Blue, “No!”
    “Sand Attack was a mistake, kid,” explained Surge with a smug smile, “It would’ve been a good move in a type disadvantage usually, but Shock Wave cannot miss. There’s no way to dodge it.”

Blue cursed and retreated Pidgeotto to its Poké Ball, it was time to think about what Pokémon to use next instead of just sending one out randomly. Then an idea hit Blue, an idea that would push Surge’s Shock Wave attack to the limit…

“Go Abra!” yelled Blue at the top of his voice, throwing down the appropriate Poké Ball.

Surge smiled, he was beginning to enjoy this battle more and more. He knew exactly what Blue’s tactic was going to be, but he was going to let him get away with it just this once, in order to give the boy a chance to get back on his feet. Blue’s confidence was knocked early on in the battle and that had caused his ability as a Trainer to suffer, Surge wasn’t interested in beating a Trainer that was having a bad day, he wanted to beat a Trainer at their best!

“Shock Wave!” commanded Surge as soon as Abra was out of its Poké Ball.
    “Teleport!” yelled Blue, “Move out of the way!”

Abra Teleported out of the way of the Shock Wave attack successfully, but of course, it came back around to hunt Abra down.

“Shock Wave!” ordered Surge, bringing a second Shock Wave on to the field, he might be giving Blue a chance, but he wasn’t about to hand him a round on a silver platter.
    “Teleport!” yelled Blue again, this time pointing to where he wanted Abra to Teleport.

Abra once again avoided the first Shock Wave and managed to avoid the second one two, both were still far away from each other, so it wasn’t easy. Blue waited until they were both very close to Abra.

“Teleport again!” shouted Blue, again pointing where to do so.
    “Shock Wave!” yelled Surge once again.

The first two Shock Waves formed a line, chasing Abra around the field as if it were a game of ‘Follow the Leader’, but the third went a different way. Blue continued to order Abra to use Teleport and Surge continued to order more and more Shock Waves, until there was a line of nine or ten following Abra around and one that would soon become part of the line, as all the others before it had done.

“Now Abra!” commanded Blue, “Teleport right in front of Voltorb!”
    “Shock Wave!” yelled Surge, sensing the opportunity to strike.
    “Teleport!” yelled Blue, “Behind it!”

Abra Teleported the small distance from in front of Voltorb to behind it, but it made all the difference. The barrage of Shock Waves that had been flying around the arena hit Voltorb one by one and it didn’t even get a chance to launch the last one that Surge ordered. As each Shock Wave attack hit Voltorb, each Trainer was making calculations in his head, trying to work out whether or not Voltorb was going to survive this onslaught. There were three left.

One hit Voltorb and it managed to cling on to life. Two left.

Another hit Voltorb and it gave off yellow sparks, just barely able maintain consciousness. Only a single Shock Wave left.

The last Shock Wave attack hit Voltorb and caused it to roll over across the field, finally giving in.

Or so it seemed. Voltorb opened its eyes after the final Shock Wave… it was seriously injured but it was still conscious – and with no attacking moves, Abra looked set to lose! Not only that but if Blue changed Pokémon, it didn’t seem all too likely that they would survive an onslaught of Shock Waves like Abra had miraculously managed to.

“Abra!” shouted Blue, pausing to think of a command, but this pause wasn’t like before, it was long and it was embarrassing, and he didn’t even save himself with what he finally said, “Do something! Take it out somehow!”

Abra turned to Blue and nodded. Abra turned back to the arena and glowed with a bright, white light. Blue had seen this enough times now, he knew what was happening. Abra was evolving.

Out of the light, emerged a much taller version of Abra with a huge tail, a moustache and a much harder looking face. All in all, a stronger version of Abra had surfaced, Kadabra.

Kadabra hit Voltorb with a Confusion attack which took it out with ease.

Surge retreated Voltorb to its Poké Ball in anger, he had intended to give Blue a chance, but he didn’t think he’d actually take Voltorb out – that was it, no holds barred! He was glad Blue had managed to finally get into full swing… but he didn’t want to lose.

“So you used three Pokémon and had to have one evolve to beat my weakest Pokémon!” taunted Surge, “The battle ain’t over yet, sweet cheeks! It’s just beginning! Go! Pikachu!”

Blue froze up as he remembered Red’s Pikachu and prayed that this one was not as bad, but he knew deep down that he may as well not have bothered. This wasn’t going to be easy.

Blue's Team: Charmander, Pidgeotto, Rattata, Kadabra, Magikarp
    Blue's Pokédex: 14 Caught, 35 Seen
    Last edited by Gama; 24th September 2009 at 07:26 AM.

Blog Entries

Whew,good battle!I can't wait for the next chapter

Blog Entries

Thank you, Tyranitar. I must say though, I'm a little disappointed that I didn't get anything from Ryuutakesh! for that chapter, I really enjoy your feedback. Same for you, Meme-er. Well, I enjoy everyone's obviously, but anyway, enough of the rambling and on with the new chapter! Oh, and sorry for the irregularity with which I update... I've got the next few chapters written already, so I'll try to post two a week, but I'm not sure how long that'll last, at least two weeks though.

Chapter 21

Blue thought about his position and conceded that it was not a strong one and certainly not a hopeful one. He had only just barely been able to defeat Surge’s first Pokémon and he still had two left, Pikachu wasn’t even his final Pokémon – there was one after that! Blue’s Kadabra probably didn’t have all that much strength left either, even though it had just evolved, Blue had been pushing it pretty hard and he was worried about how much more punishment it could take. He also had Charmander and Rattata in reserve, both of whom were nearing evolution themselves – maybe he could get lucky with another evolution in this battle? Blue didn’t want to lose to Surge, if he failed to get a Gym Badge, how likely was it that he’d challenge the Gym again? Particularly this one, it’d be a miracle if he ever managed to get back to this spot after visiting the Pokémon Center to heal his Pokémon up. So the stakes were much higher than in all two of his previous Gym battles to date.

“Kadabra!” shouted Blue, “Use Confusion!”

Blue didn’t really need to shout this command, Teleport and Confusion were the only two moves Kadabra knew and there was little sense in ordering more teleportation.

“Double Team!” commanded Surge.

Surge’s Pikachu follows the command immediately, creating several copies of itself around the arena. Kadabra launched a Confusion attack and was able to accurately hit the correct Pikachu, but upon doing so knocked Pikachu over so that it fell back, mixing in with the illusory copies of itself.

“Double Team again, Pikachu!” boomed Surge, “Keep going! Don’t stop until I say so!”

Pikachu nodded obediently and continued to create more copies of itself.

“Focus, Kadabra!” shouted Blue, “Keep using Confusion! Hit it as much as you can while you still can!”

However it soon became clear that Blue was fighting a losing battle, Kadabra hit Pikachu with one or two Confusions, but soon it became impossible, there were so many copies of Pikachu that it was nigh on impossible to identify the real one. After Pikachu had used Double Team two or three times, Kadabra’s attacks stopped hitting altogether. But Blue knew that as soon as Pikachu attacked Kadabra, it would be obvious which one the attack came from and Kadabra would have a small window of opportunity to attack – hope was not lost yet.

“Quick Attack!” yelled Surge.

Blue made the mistake of looking to Surge, turning back to see Kadabra having been knocked to the floor. The speed of Surge’s Pikachu was spectacular, so fast in fact that it was able to blend in with its copies before Blue or Kadabra could identify which one had moved. Blue stopped helplessly, trying to think of another tactic to beat this Pikachu, it was virtually impossible to hit and it was moving at light speed, it was an impossible opponent. All the time that Blue stood there, failing to give Kadabra orders, Pikachu was hitting it with more and more Quick Attacks – there was no way Kadabra was going to be able to take much more punishment. Blue considered withdrawing Kadabra and saving it for later, but he had little clue what his other Pokémon could offer that Kadabra could not. True, both Charmander and Rattata were approaching evolution and could bring something new and unexpected to the table, but they might not evolve and even if they did, they might still be unable to land a hit!

At present, Kadabra’s only moves were Teleport and Confusion and while it was able to take out Voltorb with risky tactics and a lucky evolution, Blue doubted these two moves would carry it much further. All he could hope for was a lucky hit on the real Pikachu, giving Rattata and Charmander a bit of a head start. Unfortunately, due to Kadabra’s appallingly low Defense stat, Pikachu was able to make it faint in only three Quick Attacks, without Kadabra landing even a single hit on it.

Blue considered the choice between his next two Pokémon, Rattata and Charmander. Charmander was probably more likely to win, but the battle wasn’t over once Pikachu was defeated, Surge had one more Pokémon after that. If Blue went all out and managed to take out Pikachu, it would be meaningless, Surge would simply use his final, and probably most powerful, Pokémon to mop up the remainder of Blue’s team. The more Blue thought about it, the less of a choice he had, Rattata was the only option, he had to save his strongest Pokémon for last.

“You made a choice yet, kid?” taunted Surge, “Three of your five Pokémon have been taken out and you’ve only managed to take out one of my three! I bet you’re feeling scared… how are you gonna face me on even ground? Two versus two? There’s no way you can win!”
    “You’re wrong!” lied Blue, in an effort to save face, “I was just thinking about how I’ve been going easy on you so far – the real monsters are coming out now!”

Blue threw Rattata’s Poké Ball to the ground and the purple rat burst out in a flash of white light. Blue could see Rattata’s back twitching, it was certain to evolve soon, he just prayed it would evolve soon enough to save him from losing a Gym battle, one that Red might win, meaning that Red would become the League Champion before him! The thought of that was something that Blue simply could not stand! He had to get there faster than Red!

Suddenly, Blue had an idea, all he had to do was to hit Pikachu fast and hard.

“Tail Whip!” cried Blue.

Tail Whip was an attack that could hit multiple foes at once, so it should have no problem lowering Pikachu’s defense, even when there are multiple copies of it around. Blue had Rattata continue to use Tail Whip, while Pikachu was thrown off its rhythm and failed to continue using Quick Attack, like it had done against Kadabra. Once Pikachu was at minimum defense, Blue ordered Rattata to stop attacking altogether. Pikachu was able to gather itself and ready itself to continue using Quick Attack.

“No!” shouted Surge, “It’s a trap!”

But Surge shouted this too late. Pikachu darted forwards and used Quick Attack, while at the same time, Rattata used Quick Attack. Both Pokémon sustained notable damage, but Pikachu was far worse off due to the Tail Whips Blue had had Rattata use earlier in the battle. Pikachu lay on its side, so even though it was in amongst its doubles, it was easy to pick out.

“Show no mercy, Rattata!” yelled Blue, “Keep kicking it while its down until it’s well and truly out!”

Pikachu made some attempts at fighting back, but Rattata was able to take out the Pokémon that was much larger than it without too much trouble because of Blue’s excellent tactics.

Surge withdrew Pikachu and, rather than being angry or upset, he smiled.

“Thank you, Blue,” he said.
    “What for?” asked Blue.
    “It’s not very often I get to use my last Pokémon,” explained Surge, “And this is my favourite.”

Surge grabbed the last Poké Ball on his belt and threw it down into the arena. Out from the Poké Ball burst a monster that resembled Pikachu but more than twice the height, several times bulkier and with a long, thin tail that crackled with electricity, seemingly involuntarily. This hulk of a Pokémon was terrifying, Brock’s Onix was huge, but this beast was somehow much more intimidating, it looked as if it could kill Blue with a simple flick of its tail, should it get the urge.

“Raichu,” sneered Surge, mockingly, “Finish him.”

Blue's Team: Charmander, Pidgeotto, Rattata, Kadabra, Magikarp
    Blue's Pokédex: 13 Caught, 38 Seen

Blog Entries

HAHAHAHA!SUPER MEGA RAICHU BUTT STOMPING ACTION!!!!

I like the clever anime logic used here,and I'm also glad because it lokks like Charmander might finally evolve in the fight against Raichu,which maks me happy because Charmeleon and Raichu are two of my favorite pokemon.So I eagerly await the next instalment :D

Page 6 of 60 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast