Rival's Story - Page 50

Page 50 of 60 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Rival's Story

Blog Entries

Default Re: Rival's Story

I just had a thought; is Blue going to meet agatha on the way out of the building. :O I hope not! That would be cruel.

^Credit for thumbnails goes to Instrutilus!^

-Pokémon Rescue Team Series-
    Eternal Flame: Coming Soon!

Impossible is only a word BlueNostalgia's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I actually did tear up a little. All my old respect for Red slowly fell as I read Rival's Story, but now it's all back again. That was really lovely :)

Can't wait to see what you do with the last 5 chapters though. That's, weirdly, what I've been most looking forward to :)
    "I can't see the end of the road anymore! But I suppose, that's part of the adventure..."

- Danerius Jr, my best friend and greatest Pokemon Rival

That chapter really took me by surprise!
    I thought that Red would have cheated and brought out an Espeon but the Lapras thing really startled me.
    Sometimes I feel I should a more topical name!

Without Mew!
    Life is like a Growlithe that's not Fire!
    Without Mew!
    life is like a team without a Flyer!

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Bravo, this chapter was quite wonderful. Perhaps you should end it here, unless you have one final twist in store for the last five chapters.

Just out of interest is Alakazam's pride the reason Blue drops it for Machamp?

And when he leaves is he offered Viridian's Gym or is he offered to stay as Champion (like he dose in LG/FR)?
    Sometimes I feel I should a more topical name!

Without Mew!
    Life is like a Growlithe that's not Fire!
    Without Mew!
    life is like a team without a Flyer!

Moderator AceTrainer14's Avatar Forum Head
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

It was a nice ending, and I do feel bad for poor Blue at how quickly he lost. I still would have liked there to be a big explosive finale, but that's just me :P Good work, and I am interested to see what happens next

^^^^ The GalacticVerse Bibliography (Thanks to Blazaking for Banner) ^^^^

Blog Entries

What a great ending. Like I said before, your characters are completely realized here, and I am amazed by their complexity.

I also really admire the way you combine different aspects of the franchise into your stories, such as the games, the anime, and the different manga.

I'm really interested in where you're going to go from here.

Blog Entries

Wow. That ws really epic. I'm wondering who Blue will meet? I predict Lance, who attacks him and steals Charizard, Agatha, or Maxwell.

Blog Entries

Stupid cocky Alakazams, always screwing it up for the main character.
    Honestly, that was an excellent climax to an excellent battle! I mean, seriously though, you've made me like Red a while lot more. If only Alakazam hadn't been such an idiot... anyhow, I really loved this chapter! You've done the amazing again, Gama!

Made by Blue Dragon!

I need beer money dammit! Rob Anybody's Avatar

WOW. Loved It! Will Blue lash out and strike Oak for his preferential treatment?
    I don't calculate stat values, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are. I just play the game normally. If you agree copy & paste this in your sig.

ALL BOW BEFORE THE MIGHTY HYPNOTOAD!

Garrus Vakarian Facts

My Fic: Fabricati Diem, Pvnc Help a struggling writer! Read and review! Constructive criticism is much appreciated!

Blog Entries

I'm back on the forums and I just spent the last 2 hours catching up. Seeing how Oak treated Blue and Red actually made me cry. Again, excellent job and I can't wait for the end of the series.
    Check out my fanfic: The Song

Stop the hate.
    I don't calculate stat values, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are. I just play the game normally. If you agree copy & paste this in your sig.

Blog Entries
    Follow RaccoonGoon On Twitter
    Visit RaccoonGoon's Youtube Channel

I can honestly say this has been one of my favorite fics to read on this site. The way you make the characters real is amazing. If you end the series here, its a good way to end it. Short, simple, and to the point. If you continue the story, thats awesome as well. As long as your writing this, I'll keep reading.

I also cried when I read about how Oak treated red and Blue (only really good stories make me cry!), and I didn't expect alakazam to be so "stupid" at the end of the battle. Seriously this is the best fanfic i have EVER READ and it is EPIC! :D

How do I used tense? SSJ3_Raditz's Avatar

I have inserted this in the Fanfic recommendations in TvTropes. Maybe that will bolster the amount of readers.

Let's get funky! Gama's Avatar Former Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Wow, you guys, thank you so much for your support, that's great! And thank you Raditz for recommending me - it really does mean a lot!

I just want you to know that although Chapter 95 could have been used as the final Chapter, I've had the storyline from here to the end planned out from the very beginning (you may even notice, retrospectively, a few things that hinted towards it) and I'm not just doing it to bring it up to a clean one hundred chapters. I hope you don't feel like the 'epilogue' portion of the story is a step down. Also, please bear in mind that I wrote out the plan for this story well over a year ago, when the closest we had to a GSC remake was Pokemon Shiny Gold, so the events of Rival's Story might not make perfect sense with the events of HGSS.

Anyway, enough rambling, here's Chapter 96.

Chapter 96

It was a long time before Blue would leave his room. His sister, Daisy, used to bring food up for him – if she hadn’t done that, he’d probably have starved to death. Daisy took his Pokémon out now and again too, Blue hardly paid them any attention anymore. Daisy tried to get Blue to come out, but she was never successful. A few times she managed to coax him into spending time with his Pokémon inside his room, but usually she couldn’t manage to get him to do even that. He was in a really dark place and the worst thing about it was, he didn’t care. Everything seemed to lose all meaning. He could’ve tried to outdo Red by completing the Pokédex but who was sad enough to actually do that?

Blue’s relationship with his grandfather went downhill from there too. Oak’s favouritism towards Red was starting to become more and more obvious. It was always Red who was being granted the right to enter some cave or being asked to help with Oak’s up and coming Johto radio show. Oak never asked Blue. Ever. Blue would later admit with hindsight that it was hardly surprising that Oak never asked for his help with anything during that period – he never left his room and never paid his Pokémon any attention. He was surprised even Daisy put so much effort into making sure he was alright. Grateful but surprised.

Red came to visit a lot too. Now that he was Champion, he didn’t really have anything to do either. He had this half baked goal that he wanted to be known as the most powerful trainer in the world by becoming the Champion of every Pokémon League but he was taking no practical steps towards this goal and Blue didn’t think he actually had it in him to do that. Red assured Blue that the Unknown Dungeon, which only the Champion is allowed to go in was nothing special – he had hardly been able to find his way around there at all. Blue was certain that there had to be something cool in there but Red didn’t think so, he said it was probably just because the Pokémon there were so high levelled. Blue enjoyed Red’s visits, the animosity between the two of them had virtually disappeared over the months since Red had managed to defeat Blue and become the Champion of the Pokémon League. Just like Maxwell, Blue considered Red a former rival but a current friend. It had been years since he had been able to honestly say that about Red. Red and Blue would talk about all the different times that they had lied and boasted in an attempt to impress each other and how infuriated by the other each of them had been at different times. Blue didn’t mention the apparitions of Oak he had seen, but he was pretty up front about just about everything else.

It was nice to be friends with Red again but Blue just felt like a failure. Everything in his life since he had left Pallet Town with Charmander in tow had been leading up to becoming the Champion and he had fallen at the final hurdle, he didn’t even get registered. He had been offered the opportunity to be registered as a former Champion, but he turned it down – it would have been a farce.

Several months after Blue lost his Championship title, on a day just like any other during that time, Blue was, as usual, moping in his room and not doing a lot with his time. However, on this particular day, Blue received a visitor. His sister called up to him that someone was there to see him. Blue shouted down for her to send them up. Blue was sure it’d be Red but found it strange that he wouldn’t just walk up to his room and let himself in like he always did – he knew Blue never left his room. Blue’s door creaked open and a few heavy footsteps made their way into the room. Blue still didn’t bother to turn around.

“Hey Blue,” came a familiar voice, “It’s been a while.”

Blue turned and stood up in excitement – he couldn’t believe it.

“Maxwell!” he exclaimed, “I can’t believe you came!”

Maxwell smiled and nodded.

“How could I not come?” challenged the former sailor, “After everything that I’d heard?”

“What do you mean?” asked Blue, suddenly ashamed and hoping that no one had told Maxwell what happened.

“I was in Vermilion, looking for some work,” explained Maxwell, “When I ran into your grandfather.”

“You did?” asked Blue in confusion, “What was he doing there?”

“Apparently,” replied Maxwell, “He was visiting an old friend who he once gave a Ponyta to.”

Blue nodded. Apparently Lance was not the only gift recipient that Oak had failed to ever mention.

“Anyway,” continued Maxwell, “He told me you’ve been moping around, doing nothing with your life ever since Red beat you.”

Blue hung his head in shame for a moment, then he suddenly thought of a comeback.

“Well you were in Vermilion looking for work!” snapped Blue, “I’m not the only one who’s given up on my dream! I thought you wanted to be a travelling trainer! That doesn’t sound like something a travelling trainer would do!”

Maxwell let out a deep sigh.

“You’re right, Blue,” he admitted, “I gave up. I wish I didn’t have to but I did. I’m just not good enough a trainer but you are, you have talent. I know you have it into you to go places. So what if you didn’t make Champion – you could be a Gym Leader or a member of the Elite Four!”

Blue thought about that – it really wasn’t a bad idea. He doubted you could just excel straight to becoming a member of the Elite Four but if Koga was being promoted, they’d surely need someone to take over the Fuchsia City Gym? He wasn’t exactly sure how Gym Leaders were appointed but he was sure he could become one if he put his mind to it.

“If I became a Gym Leader,” said Blue, “Would you be a Gym Trainer for me?”

Maxwell’s eyes filled with tears as soon as Blue asked him.

“You mean it, Blue?” Maxwell checked, not wanting to get his hopes up, “You really mean it?”

“I couldn’t think of anyone better,” replied Blue.

“Well then of course!” exclaimed Maxwell, “I’d love to!”

“Shall we ask my grandfather about applying?” suggested Blue, “He is a League official after all, he should be able to get us a position without any trouble at all.”

Maxwell smiled and nodded – he couldn’t wait, then his face suddenly burst into action as he remembered something.

“Oh!” he shouted, “Your sister asked me to give you this!”

Maxwell went into his pocket, pulled out an envelope and handed it to Blue. Blue took it from Maxwell’s hands and read the front. It was addressed to ‘Blue Oak, 2 Pallet Road, Pallet Town, Kanto’. It was for him alright.

“What is this?” asked Blue.

“I don’t know,” answered Maxwell honestly, “Your sister said it came in the post today.”

Blue didn’t say anything further, he just ripped the letter open viciously. He pulled it out of the envelope and sat down to read it with Maxwell reading over his shoulder.

‘Dear Blue,

I don’t know else to turn to. I am in desperate need of your help. Something very bad is about to happen and it is up to me to prevent it, but I cannot do it alone. You gave me the best battle that I have ever experienced and I know you are up to the job. I am currently training in Mt. Silver for this great undertaking and would appreciate it if you would join me. You can get to Mt. Silver by heading West from the Indigo Plateau. I hope to see you there as soon as possible. I know we had our differences, but I am truly sorry and you did say that everyone deserves a second chance.

Yours sincerely,

Giovanni’

Maxwell did not know what to make of the letter, it sounded a little suspicious but it also sounded exciting. He would’ve loved to go, had he been invited, but he knew that he’d never have the courage. He looked to Blue and saw the boy with a huge grin across his face, shaking with excitement. Daisy, Red and Oak would have had to see it to believe it – Blue had not smiled in months.

“It’s happening!” exclaimed Blue, “Something’s happening and I’m gonna be part of it!”

“What do you mean?” asked Maxwell.

“I’ve been wondering if becoming the Champion was my one chance to be great,” explained Blue, ecstatically, “But it wasn’t! This is it! This is where I’m going to pull through! This is how I’m finally going to be better than Red!”

Blue looked around quickly to check no one had heard that last sentence slip out – everyone thought he’d gotten over his obsessive rivalry with Red, even he had thought so but perhaps he hadn’t gotten over it at all, maybe he had just written it off as an impossibility. Suddenly, though, outdoing Red didn’t seem that ridiculous anymore, in fact, it seemed quite doable.

“So you’re gonna go then?” asked Maxwell in disbelief.

“You’re damn right I’m gonna go!” replied Blue, “And you’re coming with me!”

“Wh- what?” stammered Maxwell.

“You wanna be my Gym Trainer?” challenged Blue, “Well the training starts now! Let’s get going!”

Blue's Team: Charizard, Pidgeot, Exeggutor, Alakazam, Gyarados, Rhydon
    Blue’s Box: Metapod, Beedrill, Meowth, Bellsprout, Grimer, Aerodactyl
    Blue's Pokédex: 26 Caught, 98 Seen
    Blue’s Badges: 8

Page 50 of 60 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)