Rival's Story - Page 48

Page 48 of 60 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Rival's Story

I need beer money dammit! Rob Anybody's Avatar

Default Re: Rival's Story

Snorlax imitating Neo. All that's missing is some cool sunglasses! Go Blue!
    I don't calculate stat values, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are. I just play the game normally. If you agree copy & paste this in your sig.

ALL BOW BEFORE THE MIGHTY HYPNOTOAD!

Garrus Vakarian Facts

My Fic: Fabricati Diem, Pvnc Help a struggling writer! Read and review! Constructive criticism is much appreciated!

Blog Entries

As people have already mentioned, this is absolutely ridiculous (in a good way). We know the outcome, and yet your writing skills are amazing to the point of which we're hoping for a miracle?!?!? I salute you, Gama! This is an amazing work!!!

Made by Blue Dragon!

Let's get funky! Gama's Avatar Former Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Thanks for the support all of you, I'm glad you're enjoying Rival's Story - that's what it's all about after all - you guys enjoying it. I am intending to take up writing professionally and I will let you know of the progress as it unfolds! Anyway, here is today's chapter!

Chapter 93

Blue considered what Pokémon to use next – the remaining Pokémon on his team were Pidgeot, Exeggutor, Alakazam and Rhydon. Blue knew that Red’s Snorlax had Rock Slide, which meant that Pidgeot would be a poor choice, he also knew from their previous battle that it knew the move Earthquake, which meant that Rhydon would also be a poor choice. That just left Alakazam and Exeggutor, neither had an advantage over the other against Snorlax so Blue decided to think about the Pokémon that Red had remaining in order to make the final decision. He knew that Red only had three Pokémon left, including Snorlax, but he didn’t know which ones they were. But it was two out of Arcanine, Lapras, Eevee and Pikachu, the latter two of which may have evolved since their last battle. Neither Alakazam nor Exeggutor held an advantage or disadvantage towards Eevee or Pikachu. Exeggutor had a type advantage against Lapras and a weakness to Arcanine, although, if Lapras had an Ice type attack, like Blue’s Gyarados, then Exeggutor would be weak against that too. Additionally, Alakazam knew Shock Wave, which was super effective against Lapras and had no risk of being weak against either Arcanine or Lapras. That meant that the best choice to use against to use against Snorlax was Exeggutor, so that he could save Alakazam for Red’s other two Pokémon.

Blue sent out Exeggutor and hoped for the best – he had hardly used the Pokémon since it had evolved, it had fainted so early on in his league challenge after all. It didn’t matter though, it was still one of his Pokémon and he could still lead it to victory.

“Body Slam!” commanded Red.

“Hypnosis!” ordered Blue in response.

Blue knew that as soon as Exeggutor managed to take away any real amount of Snorlax’s health, it would simply use Rest and restore all of its health and then the Poké Flute would come out, immediately waking it up. That was why he had to put it to sleep on his own terms. Sure, Red could just wake it up with the Poké Flute but that would give Exeggutor an opportunity to attack and then when the slumbering beast awoke, Blue could just have Exeggutor use Hypnosis again – there was nothing Red could do about it.

Since Snorlax was so slow, Exeggutor’s Hypnosis hit it way before it could even think about Body Slamming the Grass type and the gargantuan Normal type fell to the floor with a deafening thud. Predictably, Red removed his Poké Flute from his bag. Knowing that if he wanted to carry out this tactic successfully he had to be quick, Blue wasted no time in dishing out Exeggutor’s next orders.

“Psychic!” yelled Blue.

It was true that Solar Beam would have been more powerful, but there was nowhere near enough time to wait for that. To Blue’s surprise, although Red pressed the Poké Flute to his lips – he did not play it.

“Sleep Talk!” commanded Red instead.

Exeggutor hit Snorlax with a Psychic attack unhindered, now bringing it down to less than half of its incredibly high maximum health. Blue watched in horror as Snorlax stood itself up and took a few terrifying, heavy steps towards Exeggutor, while still very clearly asleep. Exeggutor ran backwards and forwards, unable to decide where it should go or what it should do – it appeared as though its separate heads were not in agreement about what the best course of action should be, they didn’t appear to be used to being evolved and no longer able to simply go their separate ways. Exeggutor had hardly moving a step away from the spot it had started in as it was overwhelmed by Snorlax’s enormous shadow. Exeggutor, along with Blue, looked up at the beast to see its head resting on one side, its eyes completely closed and drool coming out of its mouth. Apparently though, being asleep did not prevent it from diving towards Exeggutor and crushing the unfortunate Pokémon underneath its enormous weight. After a few seconds, Snorlax picked itself back up, revealing a severely injured Exeggutor.

Blue picked Exeggutor’s Poké Ball off of his belt but then he heard it groan to indicate that it still had strength left to fight – just not a lot. Blue reflected that Snorlax’s ‘Sleep Talk’ attack looked a lot like a Body Slam attack. As Exeggutor picked itself back up to fight, Blue heard the familiar sound of Red’s Poké Flute.

“Hypnosis!” yelled Blue desperately, knowing that he couldn’t allow Snorlax to use Rest – even if it meant taking another Sleep Talk attack.

“Sleep Talk!” retorted Red, predictably.

Exeggutor hit Snorlax with another Hypnosis, causing the Pokémon to fall to the ground asleep after it had been awake for only a few seconds. Blue waited in terror to see it get back up on to its feet for another Sleep Talk attack, but it did not, it simply moved into a slightly more comfortable position.

“Damn,” cursed Red.

Blue was about to ask what was going on but knew that he had only a moment to capitalise on this situation.

“Psychic!” commanded Blue.

Exeggutor obediently hit Snorlax with another Psychic – it wasn’t quite enough, but it was nearly there.

“It randomly selects one of its moves to be used while its asleep,” explained Red to Blue, “The first one was Body Slam and the second was Rest – but Rest doesn’t work if it’s already asleep...”

“What?” asked Blue, unsure what to make of this sudden, unrequested explanation.

“You wanted to ask,” stated Red, “I know you did.”

“I know how Sleep Talk works,” lied Blue, trying to maintain his superior image, “I’m not stupid.”

“Fine,” replied Red in exasperation, “Whatever. Snorlax, Sleep Talk.”

“Psychic!” ordered Blue again.

Blue was sure that one more Psychic would be able to take Snorlax out but if Snorlax hit with a Body Slam instead of a Rest, Exeggutor would be the one being taken out. Exeggutor moved hesitantly, it was not sure what to expect from its opponent anymore and was, as a result, being very cautious. Blue furiously yelled at the Pokémon to speed up as he knew that this hesitance could cost him the battle but it did no good. It didn’t seem to matter anyway, Snorlax rolled over and made no move towards getting up – it appeared to be using a second unsuccessful Rest. Exeggutor gathered a little confidence and prepared to launch a Psychic attack when suddenly a barrage of rocks fell and hit Exeggutor from above. It didn’t do much damage, but it didn’t need to since Exeggutor was already on such low health – the Grass type was knocked out.

“Snorlax has four moves,” taunted Red, “It’s not just Rest or Body Slam that Sleep Talk could use – there’s Rock Slide too.”

Blue cursed his bad luck and his inability to predict what was going to happen – if only Exeggutor had not been so hesitant, then it wouldn’t have mattered! Blue tried not to focus on this and sent his next Pokémon into the battle – Alakazam.

“Psychic!” ordered Blue straight away, eager not to waste any time.

In response to this command, Alakazam gave Blue a wink like before and casually walked over to its opponent. Alakazam then proceeded to give Snorlax a little kick in order to wake it up, the Normal type looked up at Alakazam in bewilderment, taking a few moments to get itself together. Blue prayed that Alakazam would knock Snorlax out soon, but didn’t want to give another order so that he could save face in front of Red.

“Body Slam!” commanded Red, sensing an opportunity.

Snorlax pulled itself to its feet but still Alakazam did nothing but stare its opponent in the eye. Blue was absolutely furious with Alakazam, he couldn’t believe his own Pokémon would do this to him, winning was well within its capabilities – why would it throw the match like this? Snorlax leapt into the air, preparing to hit Alakazam with a fearsome Body Slam when Alakazam shot it backwards with a spectacularly powerful Psychic attack, knocking it out. Red narrowly avoided being killed by being hit by his Pokémon’s gigantic, unconscious body.

As Red retreated Snorlax to its Poké Ball, Alakazam turned to Blue for approval with a very proud look on its face. It was true that it had been cocky in the battle with Lance, but nowhere near this cocky – it hadn’t taken the risks it had taken this time, it didn’t actually show off during the battle. In Agatha’s battle, though, it certainly had shown off and Blue couldn’t help but why it had shown off in these two battles but not in the one with Lance. In all honesty though, Blue was glad Alakazam had chosen those two battles to show off – those were the ones that he’d had real emotional investment in – his hated rival and his abandoning grandmother. It suddenly became obvious why Alakazam had chosen to show off in those battles in particular – it knew that those were the ones that Blue cared about. Although he had been angry with Alakazam only moments before, Blue smiled, giving the Psi Pokémon the approval it had been seeking – it had been trying to make him happy after all, he could at least return the favour.

Blue's Team: Charizard, Pidgeot, Exeggutor, Alakazam, Gyarados, Rhydon
    Blue’s Box: Metapod, Beedrill, Meowth, Bellsprout, Grimer, Aerodactyl
    Blue's Pokédex: 26 Caught, 98 Seen
    Blue’s Badges: 8

Blog Entries

Yay, a new chapter! This battles looks like it is going to be really fantastic. Keep it up!

Blog Entries

Peskah cocky Alakazams, they'll usually cost the battle, no matter how strong they are. Good chapter, Gama, can't wait for the final 7 =P

I need beer money dammit! Rob Anybody's Avatar

Poor Snorlax! Alakazam is getting too cocky, Knocked out by pika perhaps? Anyway, good chapter and We want Blue to win, but it ain't happening is it? :)
    I don't calculate stat values, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are. I just play the game normally. If you agree copy & paste this in your sig.

ALL BOW BEFORE THE MIGHTY HYPNOTOAD!

Garrus Vakarian Facts

My Fic: Fabricati Diem, Pvnc Help a struggling writer! Read and review! Constructive criticism is much appreciated!

Blog Entries

Well, im pretty suprised that blue doesn't know how sleep talk works! I HATE THAT MOVE!
    Good chapter, im getting sad because im realising blue probly wont win...

Keep it up, you ain't got long now
    Friend Code X is:

3840-6649-9157

Blog Entries

WHen you said there would be an unexpected tactic, I had no idea this would happen!
    Also, I loved this chapter! You're incredible description once more amazes me. Amazing job!
    Also, I'm happy to say that in all likelihood, when you take up professional writing, you'll have the support of all of the Writer's Workshop behind you!

Made by Blue Dragon!

The Dimension Wizard Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

Wow, I can't believe Red's actually winning, I mean that there are some things Blue still doesn't know that Red does surprises me, I always thought he was smarter.

Blog Entries

I think you guys might be interested to see this. It's the latest news regarding Rival's Story.

Blog Entries

I was interested, all right! I can't wait!

Made by Blue Dragon!

Moderator AceTrainer14's Avatar Forum Head
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

I was quite impressed with the use of Sleep Talk, a very good use of it! I am itnerested to see what Alakazam does next and who he goes against

^^^^ The GalacticVerse Bibliography (Thanks to Blazaking for Banner) ^^^^

Blog Entries

I'm glad to see you're continuing to enjoy the story, everyone, and I'm even happier to see that Red got nominated for Best Supporting Character! Thanks to alster for that one! Also, Rival's Story has been nominated for Best Journey Fic again, maybe it'll be able to get it a second time for the grand finale! Here's hoping!

Anyway, here is the next chapter, I hope you all enjoy it.

Chapter 94

Blue had three Pokémon left to take out his rival with, all of which were at virtually full health, those were Alakazam, Pidgeot and Rhydon.

Red just had two Pokémon left now but Blue didn’t know which ones they were. He was sure that Red wouldn’t have dropped any Pokémon from his team since they last seen each other so that meant that his two remaining Pokémon were two out of Arcanine, Lapras, Eevee and Pikachu. Though the latter two may have evolved in the intervening period – two Pokémon from Blue’s team had after all, Exeggcute and Rhyhorn had become Exeggutor and Rhydon since the last time he’d seen Red.

Blue was sure that Red would not have let Pikachu, his most powerful Pokémon, be defeated before the championship battle, particularly after it had been the deciding factor in Red defeating Blue so many times. He was completely uncertain though about what the other one would be, but it wasn’t like he’d have to wait long to find out. Red pulled the next Poké Ball off of his belt and threw it out into the arena, exploding to reveal Red’s Arcanine. Blue withdrew Alakazam to its Poké Ball and instead sent out Pidgeot, he was better off using it now against Arcanine than being forced to use it when Red finally brought out Pikachu. Additionally, it would allow him to save Rhydon, who had a type advantage and Alakazam, who was Blue’s strongest remaining Pokémon, to take out Pikachu together.

Blue pondered over which of Pidgeot’s attacks to use but in the end decided that Fly would be the best choice – it was a strong enough move and it would give Blue the opportunity to see what move Red had intended for Arcanine to use on Pidgeot first.

“Fly!” commanded Blue.

“Extreme Speed!” retorted Red.

Arcanine darted forwards and hit Pidgeot with a brutal attack before the bird Pokémon had an opportunity to make it into the air. It didn’t do a huge amount of damage and Pidgeot was still able to make it into the air problem free but Blue was in shock over the fact that Arcanine had managed to get an attack in just before Pidgeot took off – most Pokémon had to wait until it landed again! It wasn’t a massive setback, but it was irritating that Arcanine was able to get two attacks in for Pidgeot attacking it only once.

“Fire Blast!” yelled Red as Pidgeot swooped in to attack Arcanine.

Fire Blast was not the most accurate attack in the world but it was difficult to miss when your opponent was flying right in front of your face in an attempt to hit you with an attack. With some Pokémon it would’ve been risky to leave launching the attack as late as Arcanine did but Arcanine had such an incredible reaction speed that there was virtually no risk whatsoever of it leaving the attack too late. The result of Arcanine’s perfectly timed Fire Blast was that Pidgeot was completely engulfed in flames and as a result fell to the floor, failing to carry out the rest of its attack.

Blue could tell that Pidgeot was not knocked out as it was still moving, albeit weakly. He was annoyed though that it had taken two fairly powerful attacks and failed to deliver even one of its own. Blue couldn’t think of much that could turn the battle around at this stage since Pidgeot’s move set was fairly predictable but he did his best.

“Extreme Speed!” ordered Red again.

“Aerial Ace!” commanded Blue.

Pidgeot and Arcanine both darted towards each other, but Pidgeot managed to glide slightly over the top of Arcanine, causing it to run further than it had intended. Arcanine struggled to stop itself while Pidgeot turned around to complete the execution of its attack and finally its beak collided with Arcanine’s rear end with a considerable amount of force, causing Arcanine to fall forwards, flat on its face.

“Feather Dance,” instructed Blue.

Feather Dance was a move that reduced the opponent’s attack. Pidgeot was already on a fair bit less than half health so if Arcanine had hit it with another Fire Blast or Extreme Speed, that would have been enough to take it out. As Pidgeot immersed Arcanine in feathers, hindering its movement, Blue breathed a sigh of relief – he was confident that Arcanine would no longer be able to take out Pidgeot in a single move. Still, that was by no means a guarantee that Pidgeot would be able to take out Arcanine before it managed to successfully execute the number of moves that it would take to deal with Pidgeot.

“Extreme Speed,” commanded Red, now gritting his teeth.

“Aerial Ace,” retorted Blue, hoping for the same result as before.

Just like the last time these two attacks had been ordered, Pidgeot and Arcanine thundered towards each other at incredible speeds with Pidgeot slowly drifting upwards in order to avoid Arcanine’s attack and gain the upper hand in the same way as before but this time Red was prepared for it.

“Jump!” ordered Red moments before the potential collision took place.

Although Arcanine’s lightning reactions had been slowed down, they were still good enough for it to react in time. Just as Pidgeot was beginning to pass over it, Arcanine leapt into the air, delivering the full force of its Extreme Speed attack to its opponent while managing to completely avoid Pidgeot’s Aerial Ace. Pidgeot was knocked to the ground but, thanks to the earlier Feather Dance, was still conscious.

“Fire Blast!” growled Red, eager to change Pidgeot’s state of consciousness.

Arcanine turned to face its opponent and sent out another star shaped blast of fire. Pidgeot made an attempt at dodging the flames but it just couldn’t get itself up and out of the way quick enough. The Fire Blast was too much, Pidgeot fainted.

Blue was upset that he had lost a Pokémon, but he couldn’t have been happier. It was plain sailing from here – he knew Arcanine’s moves now and he knew that there was nothing that Arcanine could do that would take Rhydon by surprise. Blue summoned Rhydon from its Poké Ball and had it perform an Earthquake. The combination of it being a super effective hit and the fact that Arcanine was on low health already meant that the canine Pokémon did not stand a chance.

Blue’s remaining Pokémon were Rhydon and Alakazam, both of which were at full health while Red just had one left, which Blue was absolutely certain was Pikachu. There was no chance he could lose now – Rhydon was immune or resistant to all of Pikachu’s attacks and had a type advantage and on top of that he had Alakazam for back up. Blue could not help but bear an enormous grin on his face, he knew he was going to win – he had lost against Red plenty of times already but now he was finally going to win, right when it counted. He really was the best trainer. He looked up to see Red grinning.

“You look awfully happy for someone who’s about to lose,” taunted Blue.

“That’s funny,” retorted Red, “I was about to say the same thing to you.”

Blue's Team: Charizard, Pidgeot, Exeggutor, Alakazam, Gyarados, Rhydon
    Blue’s Box: Metapod, Beedrill, Meowth, Bellsprout, Grimer, Aerodactyl
    Blue's Pokédex: 26 Caught, 98 Seen
    Blue’s Badges: 8

Impossible is only a word BlueNostalgia's Avatar
    Blog Entries

fantastic. Can't see how Red can win, I'm really interested to see what happens. I'm even more interested to see what happens in the last few chapters after Red too.
    "I can't see the end of the road anymore! But I suppose, that's part of the adventure..."

- Danerius Jr, my best friend and greatest Pokemon Rival

The Dimension Wizard Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

Why do I have a feeling Pikachu's not the one coming out from that pokeball and that it was one of the Pokemon that had already been knocked out.

Also, I nominated Blue for best main character by the way.

Page 48 of 60 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)