Rival's Story - Page 47

Page 47 of 60 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Rival's Story

I need beer money dammit! Rob Anybody's Avatar

Default Re: Rival's Story

Gastly's Mama is a master of suspense! Waiting for next chapter in this epic fic!
    I don't calculate stat values, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are. I just play the game normally. If you agree copy & paste this in your sig.

ALL BOW BEFORE THE MIGHTY HYPNOTOAD!

Garrus Vakarian Facts

My Fic: Fabricati Diem, Pvnc Help a struggling writer! Read and review! Constructive criticism is much appreciated!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Boy View Post
    Gastly's Mama is a master of suspense! Waiting for next chapter in this epic fic!
    Agreed! My heartbeat sped up as I read the battle between Blue and Lance!

Made by Blue Dragon!

Blog Entries

amazing yet again

Let's get funky! Gama's Avatar Former Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Whoops! I meant to update yesterday but I forgot. Ah well, I am doing it now instead!

Thanks for the kind words and continued support, all, it really means a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by AceTrainer14 View Post
    Hmmm.... I hope I don't sound too insulting or critical, but I was expecting a bit more. I felt that the battle ended a bit too suddenly, and I was hoping for some massive explosion or something like that, even it was a bit cheesy :P And I thought that there was a champion Blue was going to defeat first, so I was hoping for that battle. But, it was still good, and I am looking forward to the battle against Red
    I feel my battles have probably gone a bit downhill to be honest, it's been so long since I've written anything else. A friend of mine irl said that the later battles have been a bit disappointing too so I will do my best to try and get Blue's championship battle with Red back up to the same standard.

As for there being a champion for Blue to beat first - I've never subscribed to that school of thought in RBYFRLG. Lance says to Red that he would've been the Champion if someone hadn't already beaten the Elite Four - that kind of said to me that there hasn't always been a Champion and I kind of imagined Blue as the first Champion of the Indigo Plateu.

Anyway, here's the next chapter - I hope this battle is a bit better than before!

Chapter 91

“Blue,” greeted Red with a smile as if he had been expecting to see his rival having beaten him to being Champion.

“Hey!” replied Blue, trying to cover his nerves, “I was looking forward to seeing you, Red!”

“You’re not worried I’m gonna beat you?” challenged Red, “I’m pretty strong, you know.”

“My rival should be strong to keep me sharp!” retorted Blue, trying to act as if he had the upper hand.

Just when Blue thought to himself that he had to act as if he had the upper hand, he wondered why he felt like Red actually had the upper hand. He was the one who was the Champion – even if Red had enough items with him to have healed his Pokémon, they’d be tired out while Blue’s were rested and raring to battle. Red had just won four consecutive battles against some seriously amazing trainers and now he had to battle Blue without a chance to rest in between. Blue reflected that he really was the one with the upper hand here. He looked to the Poké Balls at Red’s belt and saw them teeming with life – eager to get into the battle. Then, as he was looking closer, he noticed that not all of them were moving around, in fact, two of them were completely still and a third was moving incredibly sluggishly. Two of Red’s Pokémon were knocked out and one was on low health – he hadn’t stocked up on items! Blue wondered if he had used any items at all – without items, Blue had had only one Pokémon conscious at this point and wouldn’t have stood a chance against an existing Champion. Still, Blue knew that he could beat Red with a numbers advantage of Pokémon and couldn’t help but think that this was the perfect opportunity to brag – so that the victory seemed more due to Blue’s superior talent rather than to Red’s unfortunate situation.

“While working on Pokédex, I looked all over for powerful Pokémon!” announced Blue proudly, “Not only that, I assembled teams that would beat any Pokémon type!”

In truth, that amount of thought had not gone into his team, but he felt he stood a pretty good chance and if Red had lost the right Pokémon he stood an even better chance.

“And now?” smirked Red.

Blue thought about all the times that he had tried to put on a brave face in front of Red and he realised that Red was doing exactly the same thing – were they really that different? They were both determined not to lose face in front of each other and were they both suffering because of it? When they were younger, Red and Blue had been pretty good friends but then Blue had started to notice how much Oak favoured Red and he was overcome by bitterness and jealousy – he just couldn’t stand to be friends with Red anymore and started finding ways to get back at him for it, even though it wasn’t Red’s fault. That didn’t matter now though, Blue could deal with these issues after he beat Red – right now, he had to maintain his position as the Champion of the Pokémon League!”

“And now!” boomed Blue, trying to seem as proud and confident as possible, “I’m the Pokémon League Champion! Red! Do you know what that means?”

“No,” sighed Red, eager to get on with the battle, “What does that mean?”

“I’ll tell you!” replied Blue, “I am the most powerful trainer in the world!”

Blue immediately realised the folly in what he had said and hoped that Red did not make him look like a fool by pointing out that he was only the Champion of Kanto and was thus probably not the most powerful trainer in the world.

“We’ll see,” smirked Red in reply.

Blue smiled, he was glad Red hadn’t tried to score any more points and grabbed a Poké Ball from his belt – Charizard, he wanted to take out Red’s team as quickly as possible.

As Charizard exploded on to the field, Red nodded and sent out his own starter – Venusaur. Blue didn’t understand why Red had sent out one of his most powerful Pokémon into a battle it was sure to lose. Every single time Charizard and Venusaur had faced off, Charizard had come out on top.

The pair of starters began growling at each other, awaiting orders from their trainers, just like every time they came face to face – their rivalry truly was fiercer than that of Red and Blue. The two Pokémon simply detested each other, both Red and Blue knew that each one wanted nothing more than to defeat its opponent, just like their trainers.

Blue thought about the situation – Venusaur was one of Red’s three Pokémon that were full health or somewhere near full health at least, there was no way that he would just allow Blue to knock it out. Blue knew that a single Flamethrower from Charizard would take away the majority of Venusaur’s health, probably leaving it with little enough that there was no way that Venusaur could possibly win the battle. But he thought that Red must have some kind of counter prepared for such an obvious move and decided that instead he should have Charizard use Fly. After all, Fly was also super effective and would probably end up giving Venusaur just as much damage.

“Fly!” commanded Blue.

“Catch it with a Vine Whip!” retorted Red.

Blue reflected that it was odd that Red’s Venusaur still had the extremely weak Vine Whip move but soon saw how effective it could truly be. Charizard shot up into the air, clearly preparing to execute the Fly attack requested of it when Venusaur’s vines shot up after it, wrapping tightly around it and bringing it slamming back down to the ground.

“Leech Seed!” ordered Red.

Venusaur held its opponent to the ground ruthlessly and fired a Leech Seed at it as Charizard helplessly struggled to try and escape, launching streams of fire in every direction. Sadly, since Venusaur’s vines were wrapped around Charizard’s head, it simply pointed it away from itself and there was absolutely no chance of Charizard’s attacks hitting Venusaur.

Blue watched the battle in intense frustration – he knew there wasn’t anything that he could do and he also knew that he should’ve won this battle. If he hadn’t over thought things, he’d have stood a good chance of coming out on top in that battle – he should’ve just ordered a Flamethrower. The most chilling moment of all came as Charizard began to calm down, resigned to its fate and looked Blue in the eye as if to say that it forgave him.

“I won’t let you down,” whispered Blue almost totally inaudibly, “I promise.”

“Toxic!” instructed Red.

So Koga had kept to his word and given Red the same TM that he had given to Blue and now Red was using the same tactic that Blue had used against Red’s Lapras against Blue. Red had been paying attention to their previous battles, everything that had happened in their previous battles was going to lead up to this battle. Blue just prayed that he could remember enough about Red’s team and tactics to come out on top. He retreated Charizard to its Poké Ball and grabbed the next one from his belt with a smile on his face – this one wasn’t going to lose.

Blue's Team: Charizard, Pidgeot, Exeggutor, Alakazam, Gyarados, Rhydon
    Blue’s Box: Metapod, Beedrill, Meowth, Bellsprout, Grimer, Aerodactyl
    Blue's Pokédex: 26 Caught, 98 Seen
    Blue’s Badges: 8

Blog Entries

Yes! New chapter finally here!!!
    I can honestly tell this is gonna be an epic battle. I love how Blue seems to be losing confidence (the way he's always trying to compare himself to being better than Red is what gives me this idea). This one battle was quite interesting, as Red is fighting with excellent tactics. I can't wait to see more, and I look forward to seeing how Red is gonna beat Blue with weakened Pokemon!

Made by Blue Dragon!

The Dimension Wizard Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

That was a great round, I guess Red decided to take the hard way or maybe he used a couple of revives and Full Restores on his Pokemon in the end. When the two started out with Charizard and Venasaur I thought it'll be like in Pokemon Special, mostly because I also wanted for the starters to fight last.

Moderator AceTrainer14's Avatar Forum Head
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

This battle is definitley becoming an improvement, as there is a lot of good strategy in it. I look forward to the enxt part

^^^^ The GalacticVerse Bibliography (Thanks to Blazaking for Banner) ^^^^

I need beer money dammit! Rob Anybody's Avatar

Blue is really a lot like Red (Thanks to Gastly's Mama). Unfortunately, we know how this battle will end, but we will still be tuning in!
    I don't calculate stat values, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are. I just play the game normally. If you agree copy & paste this in your sig.

ALL BOW BEFORE THE MIGHTY HYPNOTOAD!

Garrus Vakarian Facts

My Fic: Fabricati Diem, Pvnc Help a struggling writer! Read and review! Constructive criticism is much appreciated!

Let's get funky! Gama's Avatar Former Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Thanks for the continued support, guys, here is the next part of the battle. I hope you enjoy it.

Chapter 92

Blue held the Poké Ball of his next Pokémon in his hand and prepared to send it on into the arena, but then he hesitated.

“What’s wrong?” taunted Red, “Realising how weak your team really is?”

Blue didn’t rise to Red’s childish comments. The Pokémon he held in his hand was Alakazam. Immediately after Charizard’s defeat, it had seemed like the obvious choice because Red wouldn’t be able to use the same tactic that he had used to take out Charizard. Alakazam’s Teleport would have been able to get it out of the vine trap but Blue had made Alakazam forget that move long ago – it didn’t matter though, since Alakazam’s Psychic attack was based on mental prowess rather than physical, being held down wouldn’t stop Alakazam from accurately executing it. Not only that, but Venusaur was weak against Psychic and slower than Alakazam, Blue highly doubted that it would be able to do anything other than grab Alakazam with its vines before being knocked out.

However, then Blue thought about the long term battle and what Pokémon Red had in store for him. Charizard, Blue’s starter, was definitely his strongest Pokémon but, thinking about it, Blue probably wouldn’t say the same about Red’s team – his Pikachu was probably the strongest Pokémon on his team. Not only that, but Blue still hadn’t used Gyarados or Pidgeot, both of whom were weak against Pikachu. Blue had lost too many battles with Red by allowing himself to be forced to fight Red’s strongest Pokémon with a type disadvantage. If he used Alakazam now, he risked having to use Gyarados or Pidgeot against Pikachu – something that would almost guarantee him losing his title to Red.

Blue placed Alakazam’s Poké Ball back on his belt and instead picked up that of Gyarados. It seemed like a strange choice at first, picking a Water type to take on a Grass type but it wasn’t really – Gyarados, being dual type Flying, wasn’t actually weak against Grass type attacks and was capable of the move Ice Beam, which was super effective against Grass types like Venusaur. Blue threw out the Poké Ball and Gyarados exploded out of it with a roar. Red nodded upon seeing this.

“Ice Beam!” commanded Blue as quickly as possible.

“Dodge!” snapped Red, “Then give it the vines!”

Blue couldn’t help but scoff, he looked to Venusaur and its gigantic bulk and could not imagine the gigantic creature dodging even the slowest move, let alone a speedy Ice Beam from Gyarados. Unfortunately, Blue was silenced mid-scoff as he saw that it wasn’t so much Venusaur moving out of the way of the attack as the attack being moved out of the way of Venusaur. Venusaur flung out its vines and hit Gyarados across the face with them as the Ice Beam was launched, causing Gyarados to fire its attack inaccurately. Gyarados was so bewildered by what had just happened that it failed to take any action whatsoever about being wrapped up in Venusaur’s vines, just like Charizard was.

In a blind panic, Gyarados began launching Ice Beam after Ice Beam, in the hope that one would hit but Venusaur carefully angled the beast’s mouth away from itself and thus eliminated any chance of one of the attacks hitting.

“Leech Seed!” ordered Red.

Blue was furious with himself – there had to be something he could do, there just had to be. He couldn’t believe that his plan to not be left with the wrong Pokémon to take on Pikachu had failed this badly – at this rate he’d be lucky to reach Pikachu, if he carried on like this, Venusaur would take out every member of his team. He couldn’t let Venusaur hit Gyarados with a Leech Seed and a Toxic like he had done with Charizard, if he did, then it was all over. Blue wanted to just tell Gyarados to hit Venusaur with an accurate Ice Beam but he knew that that would be a useless command and that was when it hit him. In any other situation, it’d be a ridiculous move to use against a Grass type, but in this case, it just might work.

“Surf!” yelled Blue.

Red looked to Blue in bewilderment. Gyarados paused and stopped launching Ice Beams as it heard the command – it wasn’t sure what to make of it. Meanwhile, Venusaur obediently launched a Leech Seed attack on Gyarados. After being seeded, Gyarados finally came to its senses and obeyed its trainer, in spite of still being unable to understand why Blue would order such a move. Gyarados craned its neck in an attempt to accurately aim its attack at Venusaur, but it couldn’t get a good look at its opponent, but still, it summoned a tidal wave towards it. Although Venusaur resisted the typing of the attack and therefore didn’t take much damage, the shock of the sudden immersion in cold water was enough to loosen Venusaur’s grip on Gyarados ever so slightly.

Fortunately, this ever so slight loosening was more than enough for Gyarados to break out of Venusaur’s grip and hit it with an accurate Ice Beam. The serpentine Pokémon was so frustrated by the amount of time that it had spent unable to move that it pummelled its opponent with Ice Beam after Ice Beam with absolutely no prompting from its trainer whatsoever. Red looked on in horror as his starter Pokémon was comprehensively pummelled, leaving absolutely no chance whatsoever of it withstanding the attack.

Eventually, long after Venusaur had been knocked out, Gyarados finally calmed down and Red was able to retreat his starter to its Poké Ball, picking his next Pokémon off of his belt. Red threw out the Poké Ball he had just selected and it exploded to reveal his Snorlax. Blue knew that Red’s Snorlax was a powerful Pokémon with a huge amount of health and attack but he could tell in an instant that Snorlax was severely injured – it had taken a serious beating on its way here, if Gyarados managed to get in quickly, it could definitely knock it out before it managed to use Rest.

“Get it!” shouted Blue, too eager to get in quickly to specify.

“Dodge it and Rest!” commanded Red.

Blue once again found himself scoffing – it was a stretch for Venusaur to dodge something but to have this disgustingly obese creature do so was nothing short of ridiculous. However, as events unfolded, Blue found himself, once again, impressed by Red’s creativity with his Pokémon’s moves. Gyarados launched an Ice Beam, this time with deadly accuracy but, at the same time, Snorlax tipped its weight slightly backwards, causing it to fall back very quickly, dodging Gyarados’ Ice Beam like Neo dodging a bullet and falling immediately to sleep, restoring all of its health.

Blue knew that he had precious few seconds before Red’s Poké Flute was out of his bag waking up Snorlax again and that he had to do as much damage as possible in that time.

“Chesto Berry,” smiled Red.

“Surf!” growled Blue, this time being careful to specify which move Gyarados should use.

“Rock Slide!” commanded Red, making no move whatsoever towards his bag.

Gyarados launched the Surf attack as requested but at the same time, Snorlax sat up suddenly and summoned a barrage of rocks to land on Gyarados, who, being part Flying type, was dealt a huge amount of damage.

“Again!” shouted both Red and Blue in unison.

Snorlax was hit by another Surf, which took it to around half health but did not stop Snorlax’s second Rock Slide, which managed to completely knock out Gyarados. Blue gulped – two of his Pokémon had now been knocked out and he had managed only to knock out one Red’s. Blue was now down to just Exeggutor, Alakazam, Pidgeot and Rhydon but he still had the upper hand because Red only had three remaining, including Snorlax. At this rate, Blue would lose but he knew that if he stepped his game up then he could win with ease.

Blue's Team: Charizard, Pidgeot, Exeggutor, Alakazam, Gyarados, Rhydon
    Blue’s Box: Metapod, Beedrill, Meowth, Bellsprout, Grimer, Aerodactyl
    Blue's Pokédex: 26 Caught, 98 Seen
    Blue’s Badges: 8

Blog Entries
    Follow RaccoonGoon On Twitter
    Visit RaccoonGoon's Youtube Channel

I know what the outcome is going to be, but man do I want Blue to win!

The Dimension Wizard Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

This battle is heating up now, Blue only has Alakazam, Rhydon, Exxegutor and Pidgeot left, while Red has Snorlax, Eevee and Pikachu, it's a close match really, I'll be reading.

Impossible is only a word BlueNostalgia's Avatar
    Blog Entries

how can it be, that although I already know the outcome of this battle, and have done since i was 3, and you still manage to get me all tensed, hoping that Blue works a miracle?

I really hope that you intend to take up writing professionally, I'd buy your books
    "I can't see the end of the road anymore! But I suppose, that's part of the adventure..."

- Danerius Jr, my best friend and greatest Pokemon Rival

Blog Entries

This is byfar the most epic battle yet; and that's saying something when I think about agatha's battle.
    The vine whip tactics are fantastic and just plain cool. Bravo

^Credit for thumbnails goes to Instrutilus!^

-Pokémon Rescue Team Series-
    Eternal Flame: Coming Soon!

Moderator AceTrainer14's Avatar Forum Head
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

It is definitely heating up! I look forward to the next part

^^^^ The GalacticVerse Bibliography (Thanks to Blazaking for Banner) ^^^^

You remain as good as ever. As BlueNostalgia said, if you take up writing professionally I will definitely get your books.
    Swampert_rox

Thanks to Emi-chan and Blazaking EX for the banner!

Page 47 of 60 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)