Rival's Story - Page 44

Page 44 of 60 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Rival's Story

Blog Entries

Default Re: Rival's Story

Wow. That was really good. Lance looks like he's going to be a big challenge for Blue.

Blog Entries

And the real challange begins. two against five! Wow.
    Anyway I liked the chapter :)

^Credit for thumbnails goes to Instrutilus!^

-Pokémon Rescue Team Series-
    Eternal Flame: Coming Soon!

Blog Entries

Follow Metabee on Tumblr

Whoa, Blue's screwed now. Another excellent chapter! I'm more excited about this battle than I was for Blue versus Agatha, which is definately saying something. By the way, the Agatha battle was great too, and I have to agree that the last move was really horrific. Can't wait for the next chapter!
    i haven't changed this signature for like sixteen years
    i guess i'll put a link to that fic i'm planning on doing one day

The small giant Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

Wow, I can't believe Lance was so...awesome, sorry I know because of him Blue only has two Pokemon left but he's my favorite Elite 4 member of all the generations, so it's hard for me not to like him.

Let's just wait to see what Blue will do now that he only has two Pokemon left.

Blog Entries

Again, you've done an awesome job of creating Lance, and you've built up quite a bit of suspense in just the first part of the battle! I can't wait to see how this turns out!

Made by Blue Dragon!

Follow Marik On Twitter Add Marik on Facebook
    Visit Marik's Youtube Channel

I like the idea of Lance being creepy, and hope that there's some sort of backstory as to his and Professor Oak's relationship. All in all, a great chapter! Something tells me it's going to end up Charizard vs. Charizard.

Blog Entries

i like this even more now.you've done amazing

Impossible is only a word BlueNostalgia's Avatar
    Blog Entries

i'm just reading through the whole fic now, I've jumped on the wagon rather late it would appear :S

loving it though, it's amazing

just read chapter 63, I laughed so hard a the Wombles reference
    "I can't see the end of the road anymore! But I suppose, that's part of the adventure..."

- Danerius Jr, my best friend and greatest Pokemon Rival

Let's get funky! Gama's Avatar Former Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Chapter 88

Alakazam’s defeat meant that Blue had just two Pokémon to take out Lance’s remaining four and, to make matters worse, one was poisoned and one was asleep. Blue knew that there was no rush to send Rhydon out – while he was standing still, the poisoning wouldn’t be a problem because as Rhydon rested its body would be able to fight the poison at the same rate that it was damaged by it. The problem with poison came when Blue was moving – it rocked Rhydon around and hindered the recovery process. Charizard seemed like the logical choice then, Blue knew that Dragonair would have to recharge after using Hyper Beam, which would give Charizard an opportunity to wake up. Additionally, Charizard knew the Dragon Breath move, which was super effective against Dragon types such as Dragonair. Blue’s plan just hinged on Charizard being able to wake up and actually use Dragon Breath before Dragonair took it out! Blue threw Charizard’s Poké Ball out into the arena, but, to his surprise, as he did so, Lance withdrew Dragonair to its Poké Ball.

“What?” asked Lance, in response to Blue’s shocked look, “Did you think I’d just let you have a free hit on it? It can recharge its energy in its Poké Ball!”

Lance paused for a moment and stared at Blue’s Charizard, he appeared to be deep in thought. After remaining in this contemplative state for what seemed to be a lifetime, Lance picked another Poké Ball from his belt and threw it out, exploding to reveal another Dragonair.

“Outrage!” commanded Lance.

“Dragonbreath!” ordered Blue in response.

Blue was sure he saw a look of annoyance flash across Lance’s face, but he couldn’t be sure. Blue knew that Outrage was just like Thrash except Dragon typed, which meant that Lance could not have Dragonair switch moves or retreat it to its Poké Ball until it was good and finished with this attack. Perhaps he was annoyed because he hadn’t realised that Charizard had a type advantage and he wanted to switch Pokémon now that he knew but found himself unable to. It didn’t matter though, Outrage was such a powerful attack that if Charizard didn’t wake up soon, Dragonair would knock it out anyway and then Rhydon would be left to deal with Lance’s three remaining Pokémon, which would’ve been a long shot even if it hadn’t been poisoned!

Sadly, Charizard continued to sleep and, predictably, ignored Blue’s order. Dragonair, on the other hand, flashed red and flew over to Charizard at an incredible speed, hitting it with its tail incredibly hard. This, of course, was enough to finally interrupt Charizard’s slumber. The draconian beast opened its mouth, readying a Flamethrower, the last move it recalled being instructed to perform when Blue suddenly began shouting at it.

“Dragonbreath!” yelled Blue furiously, “Wake up! Dragonbreath!”

Lance, knowing that there was nothing he could do at this point, simply watched on and hoped for the best. Charizard sent a fluorescent, blue jet of fire out of his mouth which hit Dragonair and appeared to deal it a considerable amount of damage. Dragonair looked hesitant for a moment after picking itself up from the hit.

“Outrage again,” commanded Lance, “You can do it, Dragonair. We’ve been through tougher times than this.”

“Dragonbreath,” commanded Blue, “You can take out this joker, Charizard.”

Charizard readied another Dragonbreath as Dragonair continued to stare in bewilderment at its opponent. Dragonair’s stare became more and more intense until finally it glowed red as it had done before and then proceeded to hit itself in the head with its own tail. Charizard let loose the blast of blue from its mouth and was able to completely knock Dragonair out with it. Lance returned Dragonair to its Poké Ball.

“So that’s two of my Pokémon you’ve taken out,” commented Lance, “I shouldn’t lose anymore.”

“Don’t get your hopes up!” retorted Blue snappily.

“I don’t really care,” replied Lance, seeming quite genuine.

Blue was gobsmacked, this was no way for the leader of the Elite Four to behave! Each and every battle was supposed to mean everything to him.

“I don’t like doing this,” explained Lance, “I hate it when Agatha gets beaten, I hate this meaningless battles based on nothing but pride. I used to battle for a reason, now I’m just like an overhyped boss in a video game – it’s pathetic really.”

Lance was starting to seem genuinely down, Blue wondered if he should comfort him. He didn’t want to have to comfort this man that he had just met – he just wanted to battle him so he could become the Champion!

“Isn’t it cool being the leader of the Elite Four?” asked Blue, trying to humour the man, “It must be nice to be considered the most powerful trainer in Kanto!”

“I may be the best trainer in Kanto,” answered Lance, “But what good am I doing for Kanto cooped up in here battling the very, very few trainers who actually manage to make it here?”

Blue paused and tried to think of a way to get Lance back into the battle.

“If you don’t like it,” advised Blue finally, “Why don’t you stop doing it and do something else!”

“It’s not as simple as that, Blue,” replied Lance quickly.

“A while ago a met a man called Maxwell,” narrated Blue, “When I met him he was working as a sailor on the S.S. Anne but then he quit his job and started travelling Kanto, beating trainers and trying to catch Pokémon! If you really want to do something – you should just do it!”

“I guess you’re right,” answered Lance, “Do you mind me asking where you got that Charizard?”

“My grandfather gave it to me,” answered Blue.

“Professor Oak?” checked Lance, apparently quite surprised.

“That’s right,” replied Blue cautiously, “Why?”

“Do you know where he got it?” asked Lance eagerly, completely ignoring Blue’s question.

“I don’t know,” responded Blue, “One day he just gave me it as a Charmander.”

“Oh,” answered Lance, apparently disappointed, “So it wasn’t a Charizard when he gave it to you?”

“No,” said Blue, feeling a little ashamed that he had given the wrong answer.

“Never mind then, let’s get on with the battle,” muttered Lance dismissively, grabbing another Poké Ball from his belt.

Blue was curious as to the answer that Lance was hoping for but eventually just decided to focus on the battle at hand. He didn’t know what Pokémon Lance was going to bring out next but he decided that it might be worth switching Charizard out. Blue was sure Lance would save his strongest Pokémon for last and Blue wanted to have his strongest Pokémon still in reserve to take it on. Sure, Blue’s was a little worse for wear at the moment but at least it wasn’t poisoned like Rhydon was. Blue retreated Charizard to its Poké Ball and threw out that of Rhydon at the same time as Lance threw out another Poké Ball, exploding to reveal a Pokémon Blue thought he’d never see another trainer use – Aerodactyl!

“Aerodactyl!” exclaimed Blue.

The prehistoric Pokémon roared inquisitively in response.

“You know it?” asked Lance, apparently surprised, “Not many people do.”

“Where did you get it?” questioned Blue.

“Well,” answered Lance with a smile on his face, “It’s funny you should ask that about this particular Pokémon as I’d have to give you the same answer you gave me about your Charizard.”

“My grandfather gave it to you?” hesitated Blue in genuine surprise.

Oak had failed to mention this man even in passing and yet he had known him well enough to gift him with a rare Pokémon? Blue had to wonder what Lance had done to make Oak so unwilling to even mention him.

“That’s right,” responded Lance, “It was a gift. Now, do you want to battle or not?”

Blue thought this demand was a bit ironic seeing as Lance had been the one who had been holding up the battle, but simply nodded in response. He had to win now.

Blue's Team: Charizard, Pidgeot, Exeggcute, Alakazam, Gyarados, Rhydon
    Blue’s Box: Metapod, Beedrill, Meowth, Bellsprout, Grimer, Aerodactyl
    Blue's Pokédex: 26 Caught, 97 Seen
    Blue’s Badges: 8

Blog Entries

Yay! Chapter! I like this battle a lot, its almost as good as Agatha and Sabrina!

Impossible is only a word BlueNostalgia's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Just finished the whole thing. Truly epic.
    "I can't see the end of the road anymore! But I suppose, that's part of the adventure..."

- Danerius Jr, my best friend and greatest Pokemon Rival

The small giant Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

That was a great chapter, Charizard woke up at the last minute but it was good. Though I do wonder what Lance was expecting to be Blue's answer.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Sweet chapter, G-Mama. Something tells me, since Blue only has two Pokemon left to fight, that there will be no Champion, just an empty room waiting for him to claim. Just guessing.

Blog Entries

Great chapter! That was really tense with the whole Outrage-Wake up scenario. I can't help wondering why Lance was asking those questions, but by doing so you've given him a stupendous character in merely 2 chapters! Loving the story here!

Made by Blue Dragon!

Moderator AceTrainer14's Avatar Forum Head
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

I am continuing to like your portrayal of Lance. He seems very mischevious and villianous, and there is definitley something dark there in his past with Oak, so I am going to be interested to see it. Also, I loved the video game remark, I laughed out loud at that :P

^^^^ The GalacticVerse Bibliography (Thanks to Blazaking for Banner) ^^^^

Page 44 of 60 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)