Rival's Story - Page 43

Page 43 of 60 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Rival's Story

Default Re: Rival's Story

!!! I'm glad to see another chapter posted! Well-done again!

Blog Entries

OH MY GOD!!! That...well, all I can say is that you've out done yourself in creating Agatha's character, Gastly's Mama. I'm truly amazed. Well done!

Made by Blue Dragon!

The Dimension Wizard Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

That was a good ending, now Blue's managed to defeat Agatha, but thanks to her little trap Bule will have trouble against Lance now, especially considering he only has three Pokemon left.

He has three right, because I lost count already.

Let's get funky! Gama's Avatar Former Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus Prime View Post
    OH MY GOD!!! That...well, all I can say is that you've out done yourself in creating Agatha's character, Gastly's Mama. I'm truly amazed. Well done!
    Wow! Thank you very much, I'm glad you liked the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Flame Haze View Post
    That was a good ending, now Blue's managed to defeat Agatha, but thanks to her little trap Bule will have trouble against Lance now, especially considering he only has three Pokemon left.

He has three right, because I lost count already.
    Thanks! And, yes, Blue has three Pokemon remaining - Charizard, who was put to sleep by Lorelei's Jynx, Rhydon, who was badly poisoned by Agatha's Golbat and Alakazam, who is at pretty much full health.

Also, I forgot to say, but you people should have a quick look at this, which concerns my next trip away and what's going to happen to Rival's Story in the mean time.

Moderator AceTrainer14's Avatar Forum Head
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

That was a very clever plan of Agatha's, and I respect her for that :) This was a nice conclusion to the battle, and I look forward to the battle against Lance!

^^^^ The GalacticVerse Bibliography (Thanks to Blazaking for Banner) ^^^^

Blog Entries

How the HELL is Blue going to beat Lance, I wonder...

Follow Marik On Twitter Add Marik on Facebook
    Visit Marik's Youtube Channel

Rawsome chapter! Agatha is a b!tch.

Blog Entries

Wow. Agatha's character and the persona you created is simply amazing. Seriously, a joy to read. I follow this fic, but don't often post, but I just had to say something after this chapter. Masterful.

In the land of bad weather and many mosquitos: Minnesota

WHAT A B****! Great chapters, I'm ready for more. Oh, I'm back.

Props to Instrutilus for the sick banner.

Blog Entries

Simply great. I'm a person who useually goes with the bad guys and now I love Agatha, what a witch she is. You have made Blue and Agatha alike in many ways and it's awesome. XD you should have a chapter for each of Red's Pokémon...

^Credit for thumbnails goes to Instrutilus!^

-Pokémon Rescue Team Series-
    Eternal Flame: Coming Soon!

Blog Entries

oh sh*t good luck blue

Let's get funky! Gama's Avatar Former Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Thanks for all the comments, I'll give them a proper read and reply when I'm back home (see latest post in my blog for details). Here's the new chapter:

Chapter 87

Blue’s heart thumped, he couldn’t believe he was so close to becoming the Champion. After all this hard work, this next battle was going to decide whether everything he’d done since his grandfather gave him Charmander was a waste of time or not. Blue’s hand went to his belt as he thought about which of his Pokémon still hadn’t been knocked out.

Charizard was definitely Blue’s most powerful Pokémon but it was still asleep after Lorelei’s Jynx had used Lovely Kiss on it. Blue cursed himself – he had meant to use it earlier so it could wake up before he took on Lance but he had completely forgotten it was asleep. He tried shaking the Poké Ball a bit but it didn’t work and once again he found himself cursing the fact that he had decided not to buy any items before taking on the Elite Four. Still, if Charizard could wake up quickly enough, Blue was sure it’d be able to do some damage.

Alakazam was also a powerful Pokémon, it had defeated seven Pokémon so far out of a total fifteen, which was almost half. It knew it too – Alakazam had gotten pretty cocky in Blue’s battle against Agatha. Alakazam’s greatest strength was probably its ability to use Recover, which meant that it could restore its health at any time. In fact, in spite of taking dozens of attacks so far in Blue’s challenge, several of which being super effective, Alakazam was still on pretty much full health.

Rhydon was a third power house but because Blue’s grandmother was so bitter about losing instead of attempting to defeat it, she had had her Golbat use Toxic on it, which meant that Rhydon didn’t stand much of a chance of lasting very long in Blue’s battle against Lance. Still, Rhydon was very powerful and if Blue could defeat opponents quickly with it then its poisoning wouldn’t be too much of an issue.

Blue’s other three Pokémon had been knocked out. Gyarados was taken out by a single Thunderbolt from Lorelei’s Lapras. Exeggutor was knocked out by a surprise Fire Punch by Bruno’s Hitmonchan. Pidgeot was defeated by a combination of Bruno’s Hitmonchan using Thunder Punch and Agatha’s Haunter using Curse. Blue continued to walk down the unusually long, twisting hallway and eventually came through a set of doors which clicked shut behind him.

“Welcome!” came a domineering voice.

Blue looked up to see a man with red hair, a cape and a terrifying smile. Blue supposed this must be Lance, but he wasn’t expecting him to be anything like this. Blue was expecting to see someone who looked like a leader but this man looked like a psychopath. Obviously it was strange that he was wearing a cape but there was something else that wasn’t quite right with him.

“You must be Blue Oak,” continued Lance, “I’m Lance, leader of the Elite Four. I’m on quite good terms with your grandfather actually, he was the one who recommended me for leader of the Elite Four!”

Blue silently nodded, he was trying to pinpoint exactly what it was that was off with Lance. After a few moments, he decided it was something to do with either his eyes or his smile, the man looked as ruthless as Giovanni but in a totally different way, in a way that Blue couldn’t quite put his finger on.

“I don’t think he’s mentioned you,” replied Blue honestly.

Now that he thought about it, it was strange that Oak wouldn’t have mentioned that he was friends with someone in the Elite Four.

“I’m not surprised,” replied Lance, his smile now widening for some reason, “I’m not the kind of person you own up to being friends with!”

Blue thought Lance even stranger with every comment that he made.

“Only three Pokémon left I see!” announced Lance, “Well let’s hurry up and do this battle!”

Blue was relieved that the battle was finally starting and grabbed a Poké Ball from his belt – Alakazam was the obvious choice for an opener, it wasn’t poisoned or asleep and it could use Recover. Each trainer threw down their Poké Balls, Blue’s exploded to reveal Alakazam and Lance’s exploded to reveal a Gyarados.

“Bite!” commanded Lance.

“Shock Wave!” ordered Blue.

Bite was super effective and would probably do a fair bit of damage but Blue had, many times, experienced firsthand how effective Electric type moves were against Gyarados. This time was no exception, Gyarados darted forwards and used Bite, causing Alakazam a fair amount of damage but was immediately shot to the ground unconscious by Alakazam’s Shock Wave attack.

Lance looked to Blue awestruck and retreated Gyarados to its Poké Ball.

“Wow,” said the leader of the Elite Four, “I’ll have to be more careful!”

Strangely, Lance didn’t actually seem to mind all that much that Blue had taken out his first Pokémon with such incredible ease. In fact, the man was still smiling. Cautiously, Blue started to become optimistic and kind of fancied his chances at becoming the new Champion. After all, Lance now just had four Pokémon left – if Blue could take all of them out that easily, this would be simple! That said, Blue expected it would not be that simple, he just had to make sure he was as efficient as possible – this first victory just made it possible for him to win, it by no means ensured it.

As Lance threw out his next Poké Ball, Alakazam turned to Blue and gave him a smile, a thumbs-up and a wink. The arrogance of his Pokémon was starting to get to Blue, but he knew there was only one place that it was getting it from. Lance’s next Poké Ball exploded to reveal a long, light blue snake that appeared to be hovering above the ground – it had small, angelic wings by its head, a white underside and looked oddly majestic for a snake.

“Dragonair!” announced Lance, “It’s a Dragon type.”

Blue nodded.

“Thunder Wave!” commanded Lance.

Blue smiled, Lance wasn’t a very good trainer. Alakazam’s Synchronise would simply paralyse Lance’s Dragonair right back.

“Psychic!” ordered Blue.

Amazingly, in spite of Alakazam’s impressive speed, Dragonair managed to beat it to the punch and the Thunder Wave took first. Sadly, Alakazam was already fully paralyzed as it attempted to execute the requested Psychic attack but, on the upside, Dragonair was paralyzed too. Blue laughed but Lance seemed unfazed by the undertaking.

“Psychic!” instructed Blue again.

It was just a game of chance now, but Alakazam’s Recover certainly shifted the odds in Blue’s favour.

“Hyper Beam!” roared Lance with a sudden ferocity.

Having overcome the paralysis, Alakazam casually began to raise its spoon, cockily readying a Psychic attack but what happened next left Blue speechless. Dragonair literally jumped out of its skin and launched a beam of light like no other Blue had ever seen. The Hyper Beam sent Alakazam flying across the arena and left the Psi Pokémon lying in a slump far behind Blue – its clean sweep was over. Blue retreated Alakazam to its Poké Ball.

“You actually fell for it,” commented Lance, “I didn’t think you would.”

“Fell for what?” demanded Blue defensively.

“My trap,” explained Lance calmly, “I let you take out Gyarados with ease and then had Dragonair use Thunder Wave on your Pokémon with Synchronise thus making you feel like you were a far superior trainer so you didn’t properly prepare for my next move and you let me take out your best Pokémon in one hit.”

Blue was furious, he didn’t like being made a fool of.

“Alakazam wasn’t my best Pokémon!” protested Blue.

“Well it seems to be the only one taking out Pokémon,” retorted Lance, “Your Charizard’s been asleep for almost your entire League challenge and your Rhyhorn only just evolved!”

“How do you know all that?” snapped Blue.

“You don’t think I’d take you on without getting some intelligence on your first, do you?” challenged Lance, “What do you take me for? I’m not the Leader of the Elite Four for nothing!”

Blue cursed and grabbed Rhydon’s Poké Ball from his belt – after reprimanding Alakazam for being too cocky, he’d fallen into the same trap himself!

Blue's Team: Charizard, Pidgeot, Exeggcute, Alakazam, Gyarados, Rhydon
    Blue’s Box: Metapod, Beedrill, Meowth, Bellsprout, Grimer, Aerodactyl
    Blue's Pokédex: 26 Caught, 97 Seen
    Blue’s Badges: 8

How do I used tense? SSJ3_Raditz's Avatar

Karma strikes back.

Nice chapter!

Moderator AceTrainer14's Avatar Forum Head
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Another excellent part! I like the idea of Lance being creepy like the way you have portrayed him, so nice touch. A cool use of abilities. I can't wait to see how Charizard and Rhydon pull this one off

^^^^ The GalacticVerse Bibliography (Thanks to Blazaking for Banner) ^^^^

Blog Entries

ruh row roobie blue
    My 3ds FC: 0018 2172 7225 Safari: Rock Feel free to add me! I can only get on wifi maybe once a week at most though!
    my stats[/SIZE]|ranger

Page 43 of 60 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)