Rival's Story - Page 42

Page 42 of 60 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Rival's Story

Blog Entries

Default Re: Rival's Story

Loving the Agatha battle so far, although I have no clue on how you plan to have Blue beat Lance. But then again, I suppose that's how you build suspense even when you're going off of an event that occurs in canon.

Excellent chapter, and I'm glad Blue is showing just how much he's grown as a trainer with the last two sentences.
    "Isn't Lady Gaga one of the Gym Leaders in Black & White?"
    Hopefully I'll be making some... projects that you guys will find out about soon.

Let's get funky! Gama's Avatar Former Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Azumarill View Post
    Bump.
    Thanks for the support but I update every four days so even if the thread does go second page, it won't be too long before it's back on the first page. Thank you anyway! =D

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo View Post
    Well, I just spent 2 hours yesterday and 5 hours today reading everything from the 1st chapter to the 84th. I now strongly dislike Red, something I thought not possible. The endings of some Gym Battles were slightly sketchy; ie. against Erika because you just write that he recievs the badge if I remember correctly. But overall, the writing got better as it went along. My favorite battle so far was against Giovanni; I knew Blue was going to win, but it seriously looked like he was in trouble there. The battle against Blaine was done in a way that was really creative in my opinion. A crazy man who lets his Pokémon command his other Pokémon? Awesome. I can't wait to read about the rest of Blue's battles in the Elite Four.
    I always make sure to congratulate people who power read and get up to date. I could never do that and it's a huuuuuuge compliment that you would take the time to actually do that.

Anyway, here is today's chapter - next one in four day's time (GMT+1/BST)

Chapter 85

“Oh, enjoy it while you can,” hissed Agatha, “That thing won’t last you forever! It’s your only decent Pokémon, isn’t it?”

Blue wanted to oppose this but the evidence spoke for itself. Exeggutor had defeated Dewgong and Onix before fainting, Charizard had defeated Jynx, Gyarados had failed to defeat even one Pokémon, Pidgeot had defeated Hitmonchan, Rhyhorn had defeated the other Onix, while Alakazam had managed to defeat Lapras, Slowbro, Cloyster, Hitmonlee, Machamp, Gengar and now Haunter as well. Blue knew it wasn’t true – he wouldn’t even have called Alakazam his best Pokémon, let alone his only decent one. He knew that at this stage he was in no position to argue this though, so he withdrew Alakazam to its Poké Ball and instead sent out Rhyhorn. He wondered for a moment if he was just letting pride get the better of him but then he decided he didn’t care – this was one opponent he could not afford to lose face in front of.

“You came to the Pokémon League with an unevolved Pokémon?” exclaimed Agatha in apparent disbelief, “You really are pathetic – if I’d had any doubt that you were Oak’s grandson, I certainly wouldn’t now!”

Blue just scowled, he knew that the more he obsessed over getting back at her, the worse he’d perform in the battle. He’d already switched out the best Pokémon for the job since all three of Agatha’s remaining Pokémon were of the Poison type. Agatha slowly clutched a Poké Ball from her waist and threw it out – unsurprisingly, it was her second Gengar, her only remaining Pokémon that wasn’t weak against Ground type attacks, in fact, it was immune to them.

“Rock Blast,” commanded Blue, eager not to waste any time.

“Confuse Ray,” retorted Agatha.

As Rhyhorn fired a few huge rocks towards Gengar, Gengar fired back a dazzling ball of light which ended up hitting Rhyhorn square between the eyes. In total, three rocks hit Gengar and did a decent amount of damage but Blue could tell that the Ghost type could take a fair amount more damage before it fell. Meanwhile, Rhyhorn succumbed to confusion and began tottering around aimlessly.

“Rock Blast again!” yelled Blue, desperate to land another hit.

If Rhyhorn managed to land five hits, it’d probably be able to knock Gengar out completely, but that was relatively unlikely. If Rhyhorn managed to land three or four hits, it’s still do a lot of damage and would give Rhyhorn a good chance of winning the battle – depending on what moves Agatha had Gengar use and whether or not Rhyhorn hurt itself in its confusion.

“Shadow Punch,” commanded Agatha callously.

At Agatha’s command, Gengar darted forwards and its hands glowed an eerie black, following which it punched Rhyhorn with all the strength it could muster. Rhyhorn stared at Gengar in bewilderment and hesitated for a few moments, then finally butted its head into the ground, dealing a fair amount of damage to itself.

“Come on!” cried Blue in frustration, “Hit it with a Rock Blast!”

At this rate, Rhyhorn would be knocked out, Blue would be left with just Alakazam and Charizard and there was no way he’d be able to beat both his grandmother and Lance.

“Again,” ordered Agatha calmly.

“Rock Blast!” shouted Blue, now getting quite flustered.

Gengar began to fly back towards Rhyhorn when the rhinoceros Pokémon stood on its hind legs and launched two extra powerful Rock Blasts – taking Gengar by surprise. Blue was astounded by his Pokémon’s ingenuity, he didn’t understand how Rhyhorn was able to apply more power by standing on its hind legs or, indeed, how it was able to stand on its hind legs at all but somehow it worked. Also, Rhyhorn appeared to have completely recovered from its confusion after only one turn of being subjected to it – this battle was really starting to turn around.

Sadly, it did not last for long, after a few seconds, Gengar managed to collect itself and deliver the Shadow Punch that it had attempted to execute earlier, knocking Rhyhorn onto its back. The attack itself didn’t actually do that much damage but the implications were terrible, Rhyhorn was wobbling from side to side but it looked as if it just couldn’t get up.

“Get up, Rhyhorn!” yelled Blue unhelpfully, “Come on, you have to!”

Agatha cackled with pleasure and motioned for Gengar to hold back for a moment – she was desperate to revel in her grandson’s misfortune, he reminded her so much of Oak that it was almost as good as watching Oak himself upset. After seeing that Rhyhorn was not going to be able to get itself up, Blue took a few cautious steps towards it.

“Gengar!” shrieked Agatha, “Intercept!”

Gengar swooped in between Blue and Rhyhorn and gave Blue a threatening stare.

“You can get involved if you want,” informed Agatha ominously with a sick smile on her face, “But once you’re in the battle – you can’t get out of it.”

Blue was still aching from his battle with Giovanni and, eager not to physically fight Pokémon again, took a few steps back. Gengar turned its attention back to Rhyhorn, Blue was happy that it was no longer on him but was less than thrilled that his fourth Pokémon was about to be knocked out and he once again cursed himself for not buying any Full Restores or Revives.

“Come on!” shouted Blue desperately, “Get up!”

Blue was too emotionally involved in Rhyhorn’s success for the idea of switching out to even occur to him. Later, he would lament himself for not simply switching out to Alakazam and taking out Gengar with a shock Psychic but perhaps the way he did do things worked out for the best after all.

Rhyhorn looked Blue in the eyes and it was obvious that it wanted to obey – it just couldn’t. It continued to squirm as Gengar advanced on it, it looked like there was no way out now. Suddenly, Rhyhorn strained itself and began to glow with the light that Blue had become so accustomed to by this point in his journey.

“Yes!” exclaimed Blue, “Take it out! Rock Blast!”

Both Agatha and Gengar simply watched stupidly as Rhyhorn evolved into the bipedal and much larger Pokémon known as Rhydon. Rhydon gave out a battle cry and fired a few rocks towards Gengar which knocked it straight to the ground. Agatha quickly withdrew it to its Poké Ball, unable to hide her shame.

“You might think you’ve won!” announced Agatha, making a poor attempt at covering up the fear in her voice, “But this is far from over! I’ve got two Pokémon left that’ll make a go of that thing!”

Blue just smiled.

Agatha grabbed a Poké Ball from her belt and threw it to the ground revealing a purple snake which Blue knew was Arbok, the evolved form of Ekans. A Poison type and, as such, weak against Ground type moves such as Earthquake – this was going to be a simple battle.

Blue's Team: Charizard, Pidgeot, Exeggcute, Alakazam, Gyarados, Rhydon
    Blue’s Box: Metapod, Beedrill, Meowth, Bellsprout, Grimer, Aerodactyl
    Blue's Pokédex: 26 Caught, 96 Seen
    Blue’s Badges: 8
    Last edited by Gama; 17th August 2010 at 01:30 PM.

Another great chapter! It was really worrying when it looked like Rhyhorn couldn't fight, but it was a great surprise when it evolved and EPICALLY defeated Agatha's Gengar. Now Blue can lie back and relax... *notices that Arbok has somehow knocked out all of Blue's remaining Pokémon* Oops, spoke too soon!
    Last edited by NikNak3000; 17th August 2010 at 01:33 PM.
    NikNak3000's Fanfic Collection

Thumbnails by Instrutilus

The Dimension Wizard Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

Awesome, Rhyhorn finally evolved, one thing though, when you wrote the list for Blue's team at the end of the chapter it still says that he has Rhyhorn.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flame Haze View Post
    Awesome, Rhyhorn finally evolved, one thing though, when you wrote the list for Blue's team at the end of the chapter it still says that he has Rhyhorn.
    Whoops! Good spot! Correcting...

Blog Entries

Amazing! This really was an exciting battle that I truly enjoyed reading!!! I love how the evolution came, I've been waiting for that. Agatha is about to get a slap in the face!!! :)

Made by Blue Dragon!

Blog Entries

Lol, Agatha is just as stubbern as Blue, it's actually funny! :) I hope Rydon can fight Lance :D keep 'em coming, mate.

^Credit for thumbnails goes to Instrutilus!^

-Pokémon Rescue Team Series-
    Eternal Flame: Coming Soon!

Ohh, the McDonald's theme song plays in my head while I read this story, and I know I'm just LOVIN' IT!

Don't stop, I like this rival's story!

Follow Marik On Twitter Add Marik on Facebook
    Visit Marik's Youtube Channel

I thought that Rhyhorn would evolve when it first stood on its hind legs. This Agatha battle is quickly ascending the ranks into my favorites.

Blog Entries

Good job. I loved how Rhyhorn evolved, that was epic.

How do I used tense? SSJ3_Raditz's Avatar

Awesome comeback for Blue.

Moderator AceTrainer14's Avatar Forum Head
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

This was a great chapter, but I felt that the evolution was a bit rushed, and could have had some more description. But it was still a decent part

^^^^ The GalacticVerse Bibliography (Thanks to Blazaking for Banner) ^^^^

Blog Entries

Post Re: Rival's Story

Another good chapter: I really like how Agatha keeps trying to get into Blue's head with all the taunts. I was kind of expecting Rhyhorn to evolve based off Agatha's comments alone, so I can't say I'm too surprised with that development. I also feel that somehow, Agatha will put up a preety good fight with her Arbok, perhaps by defeating Rhydon, before losing herself.
    Pokémon Emerald Time Played: 315:46

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
    Awesome chapter as usual, my friend. Your battles are really fun to read!
    Thank you! That's a huuuuge compliment coming from you, Legs, because your battles are incredible!

Quote Originally Posted by Articuno26 View Post
    I thought that Rhyhorn would evolve when it first stood on its hind legs. This Agatha battle is quickly ascending the ranks into my favorites.
    Nice, I didn't think I'd be able to outdo the Giovanni battle so I'm glad to hear that!

Quote Originally Posted by AceTrainer14 View Post
    This was a great chapter, but I felt that the evolution was a bit rushed, and could have had some more description. But it was still a decent part
    Yeah, I can definitely see where you're coming from. If I'm gonna be completely honest, I wanted to get the evolution out of the way. It was a little frustrating to have to write in Exeggcute AND Rhyhorn evolving between the pre-Elite Four Red battle and the Championship battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo View Post
    Another good chapter: I really like how Agatha keeps trying to get into Blue's head with all the taunts. I was kind of expecting Rhyhorn to evolve based off Agatha's comments alone, so I can't say I'm too surprised with that development. I also feel that somehow, Agatha will put up a preety good fight with her Arbok, perhaps by defeating Rhydon, before losing herself.
    Nice theories and you'll find out now! And with this chapter my ruthless character assassination of Agatha is complete!

Chapter 86

Agatha’s Arbok hissed threateningly at Blue.

“You might think you can win this with ease but you’re far from victory yet,” informed Agatha.

The elderly woman was trying so hard to be intimidating, but the occasional falter in her voice gave away the fact that she knew she didn’t stand a chance against her own grandson. Losing a battle was bad enough but this was one battle Agatha couldn’t bear to lose – she had spent the last eight years of her life lecturing Oak about how he was raising Daisy and Blue to be pathetic battlers. Oak had always focused on the fact that battling wasn’t everything in life and Agatha thought she might be proven wrong there – but she never thought Oak would be able to raise Blue to beat her in battle. It was unthinkable, she’d never live it down.

“Earthquake!” commanded Blue excitedly, now assured of his victory.

“Iron Tail!” yelled Agatha desperately.

Blue’s face dropped as Arbok’s tail flashed a metallic silver and swung towards Rhydon. Rhydon too was caught by surprise, in fact, and failed to execute the Earthquake attack requested of it. Blue’s heart sank in that moment – he wasn’t sure whether or not Rhydon would be able to take an Iron Tail from Arbok. Obviously, there was the fact that Rhydon, as a Rock type was vulnerable to Steel typed attacks but there was also the fact that it had taken a Shadow Punch from Gengar earlier. In fact, if Rhydon had not evolved, Blue would have been absolutely certain that it would not have been able to withstand the hit, he just hoped that its evolution into Rhydon would be enough.

Arbok flew towards Rhydon at an incredible speed, particularly considering the size and shape of its body, and swung its metal tail wildly towards Rhydon’s head. Rhydon put its arms in front of its head and crouched a little in an attempt to minimise the damage it took from the Iron Tail attack. Blue and Agatha both gasped as they saw Arbok swing its tail into Rhydon’s head and past it without appearing to cause it any damage whatsoever. Both trainers were absolutely gobsmacked and stood silently for a few moments. Then, as soon as he figured out what happened, Blue broke the silence.

“It missed!” exclaimed the boy, “Iron Tail’s accuracy is poor and it didn’t hit this time!”

“Well obviously!” snapped Agatha, in spite of the fact that she hadn’t figured this out.

“Better luck next time!” taunted Blue.

After all, the attack had been so close that it looked as if it had hit. Agatha bowed her head, trying to think of some sort of comeback to what Blue had said but Blue just smiled, unable to believe that such a basic plan had worked against someone who was supposed to be one of the best trainers in Kanto.

“Earthquake!” bellowed Blue proudly.

Blue had fallen for that trick many times himself, but he’d now learnt from it – apparently his grandmother was still yet to learn from it. She had ignored his words earlier in the battle, but that had been when she still had a decent chance of winning – now that she was on her last legs, she just couldn’t help herself. Blue was sure that if he hadn’t managed to get his order in before Agatha that Rhydon would have fallen to another Iron Tail attack but because he did, it was Arbok that fainted instead.

Blue beamed a magnificent smile that he just couldn’t hold in as Agatha grumbled incoherently. Agatha withdrew Arbok to its Poké Ball and clutched her last surviving Pokémon from her belt, this was her last chance for victory. There was no way Golbat would be able to withstand even a single hit from Rhydon’s Rock Blast but it still had a chance for victory, slim though it may be. She knew Golbat would be able to dart in and land one attack before Rhydon got a chance to obliterate it completely and if that move was Bite, there was always a chance that Rhydon would flinch and that Golbat would get an opportunity to attack again. It was fairly unlikely though that two Bite attacks would take out Rhydon – Agatha estimated that it would take four and her estimations were usually pretty good. That meant that Rhydon would have to flinch three times in a row for Golbat to defeat it and each time there was a one in ten chance that it would make Rhydon flinch – that meant it was a one in one thousand shot that Golbat would take out Rhydon and, even then, it’d have to take out Alakazam and Charizard too. Stranger things had happened, but not many. Still, Agatha knew this was her best shot at winning – as slim as it was.

Then Agatha realised something, having Golbat use Bite was probably her best shot at winning but it wasn’t her best shot at maintaining pride. If she was beaten by her grandson after he was raised by Oak it would be humiliating enough but if he then went on to beat Lance it would be so much worse. Everyone would know that she had not only not been able to beat him after he’d battled Bruno and Lorelei but that she’d left him with enough strength to take out the leader of the Elite Four too! Then Agatha knew exactly what to do – she would have Golbat use Toxic instead. It wouldn’t benefit her in this battle at all, but it would cause Blue serious problems in his battle against Lance, his Rhydon wouldn’t last five minutes. If she couldn’t win, she was at least going to make it so that Blue wouldn’t get anywhere either!

“Toxic!” hissed the old woman as she tossed out Golbat’s Poké Ball.

“Rock Blast!” commanded Blue.

Blue looked on, stunned as a purple ball of goo flew out of Golbat’s mouth and landed on Rhydon, causing the stone rhino to wince in pain. In spite of its pain though, Rhydon immediately launched a Rock Blast attack which took out Golbat in one move. Agatha retreated Golbat to its Poké Ball and conceded defeat but Blue’s victory was bittersweet. He thought he’d have loads to say after defeating his grandmother but he was left speechless – he knew she’d do anything to win but he never imagined she could be that bitter. Blue retreated Rhydon to its Poké Ball and hurried on to the next room – he didn’t want to spend another moment in the same room as this woman.

Blue's Team: Charizard, Pidgeot, Exeggcute, Alakazam, Gyarados, Rhydon
    Blue’s Box: Metapod, Beedrill, Meowth, Bellsprout, Grimer, Aerodactyl
    Blue's Pokédex: 26 Caught, 96 Seen
    Blue’s Badges: 8

Blog Entries

Oh Agatha, that was a b*tch move right there! This makes me wonder how Blue can possibly overcome Lance's three Dragonites

I'll be waiting anxiously

EDIT: wait im stupid, it's only in GSC that Lance has three Dragonites

Page 42 of 60 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)