Rival's Story - Page 4

Page 4 of 60 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Rival's Story

Let's get funky! Gama's Avatar Former Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Rival's Story

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuutakesh! View Post
    So that explains that jerk who wouldn't let me leave. Hah. So much makes sense now. This is great stuff. Mind if I go through here and save your chapters? I want to be able to find them in the future.
    Precisely =P

And yes, of course, for the record, anything short of claiming my work is your own is acceptable.

Oh, and by the way, parts of this chapter don't really obey game mechanics, but I did that so I could make things a bit more interesting. You'll notice though that Brock only uses moves his Pokemon actually have in the games.

Chapter 11

“Who said that?” shouted Blue, unable to see anyone ahead of him.
    “Up here!” came the voice.
    Blue looked up to see the Gym Leader standing on a ledge way above his head, so that he could see the battles that Camper Liam got into. The Gym Leader was a tanned man with brown hair and very thin eyes, he wore a black and orange body warmer and dark green cargo trousers.

“How did you get up there?” yelled Blue to the Gym Leader.
    “The same way I’m about to get down,” came the answer, the Gym Leader then proceeded to send out a huge Pokémon that looked like a giant snake made out of rock, Blue hadn’t seen this Pokémon before, but after checking his Pokédex, he could see that it was called ‘Onix’. The Gym Leader jumped on to the Onix’s head and slid gracefully down his back, landing directly in front of Blue.

“I’m Brock,” said the Gym Leader, offering his hand to Blue to shake, while at the same time returning Onix to its Poké Ball, “I’m the Gym Leader here.”
    Blue was astounded by this man, he was so impressive that Blue was seriously worried about beating him, “I’m- I’m Blue,” replied Blue nervously, “I’m here to challenge you.”
    “Of course!” shouted Brock, “Why else would you come? Let’s go then!”

Blue looked to Brock’s belt and saw that he had two Poké Balls there, which meant Blue was at an advantage in terms of sheer numbers, but Brock was sure to have some strong Pokémon, so they were probably about even. Brock grabbed the Poké Ball on his belt that did not belong to Onix and sent out his other Pokémon. This was one that Blue instantly recognised – Geodude! After Zubat, this was the most common Pokémon in caves, Blue couldn’t believe such a reputable Trainer was using such a pathetic Pokémon – this was going to be a cakewalk! Onix was probably just as weak!

Blue had been planning to use his starter, Charmander, but it appeared he didn’t need to bother – he could just use this guy for training for real Gym Leaders!

“Go! Pidgey!” shouted Blue, sending out his first capture, it needed the training after all.

Brock smirked and commanded Geodude to do something, but Blue didn’t hear what.

“Sand Attack!” shouted Blue, that would reduce Geodude’s accuracy and reduce the chance of whatever attack Brock was planning of actually hitting him in the first place.

Pidgey immediately obeyed, kicking up a load of sand from nowhere and hitting it in Geodude’s face, in response Geodude threw its arms up in front of its face and curling into a ball in a vain attempt to divert the sand from hitting it in the face.

Pidgey continued to kick up Sand into Geodude’s face – what was the point in attacking if this thing wasn’t going to attack? Still, all Geodude did was try to stop the sand from reaching, and at that, fail. Blue couldn’t understand why a Gym Leader wasn’t giving his Pokémon any instructions… He could tell he was bad, but surely he wasn’t that bad?

“So are you just gonna keep doing nothing?” goaded Blue.
    “Is that what you think I’ve been doing?” challenged Brock, “Why don’t you try and hit me?”

Blue was confounded by this comment… Surely it was Geodude who should struggle to hit Pidgey with the amount he’s reduced that thing’s accuracy by? Blue didn’t want to fall into Brock’s trap, whatever that may be, but he couldn’t contain his curiosity, what could possibly stop Pidgey’s attack from landing?

“Pidgey!” shouted Blue, “Use Gust!”

Blue’s Pidgey flapped its wings as hard as it could and sent an excellent Gust at Brock’s Geodude, but the Geodude didn’t move a millimetre – a complete contrast to all the cowering it had been doing from Pidgey’s Sand Attack. Why was it so scared of Sand Attack and yet not scared at all of an actual attack? In order to further experiment, Blue ordered a second attack, this time a Tackle. However, when carried out, it had the exact same result, in fact, if anything, Pidgey seemed to come off worse. Blue knew that Geodude was resistant to Flying and Normal Type attacks, but not this resistant – why were Pidgey’s attacks having so little effect?

“What have you done?” demanded Blue.
    Brock didn’t answer, he just took advantage of the perfect opportunity to take Blue’s Pidgey out of the running, “Geodude!” he yelled, “Tackle!”

Geodude immediately barged into Blue’s Pidgey, sure it had sand in its eyes and would find it difficult to aim, but aiming wasn’t really that hard when your opponent is standing right next to you, having just performed a Tackle of their own. Pidgey was sent to the floor and knocked out with one attack.

“What happened?!” cried Blue in frustration and anger, withdrawing Pidgey to its Poké Ball, before choosing his next Pokémon, Blue challenged Brock, “Tell me what happened!”
    “I’m under no real obligation to do so,” answered Brock, “And your obvious frustration is quite amusing… But alright, I’m a fair man. Remember when your Pidgey was using Sand Attack? What was my Geodude doing?”
    “It was flinching from the sand,” replied Blue, confusedly trying to identify his error.
    “Wrong,” snapped Brock, “It was using Defense Curl. It raised its defense so high that your Pidgey didn’t have a hope in hell of hurting it, it already had a resistance and very high defense, so I wouldn’t count on damaging it with Normal or Flying typed attacks any time soon.”
    “How did you take out my Pidgey so easily though?” questioned Blue, he knew that he’d been totally outclassed by this man, but he at least wanted to know how.
    “That’s simple,” explained Brock, “Geodude’s defense was so high that your Pidgey’s Tackle actually hurt Pidgey and it also meant that Geodude’s body was so hard that when it used Tackle that was the final nail in your poor, little Pidgey’s coffin. So, are you ready to choose your next Pokémon or is this challenge cancelled?”

Blue felt totally overwhelmed, but he wasn’t about to give up. He thought over his options, Rattata wasn’t an option, its moves were Tackle, Tail Whip, Quick Attack and Hyper Fang… All Normal Types…
    Beedrill probably wasn’t smart, it was alright using it against someone as stupid as Camper Liam, but this Brock guy was in a totally different league, poison might slow him down, but Blue would still get knocked out before Brock.
    Charmander was probably Blue’s strongest Pokémon, but all of its moves were ineffective too, but then Blue realised that Charmander had Ember which was a Special type move, and since defense protects only against physical moves – Charmander still stood a good chance!
    On the other hand, Brock still had Onix in back up, if Blue exhausted his best Pokémon now he wouldn’t stand a chance against that thing. If Brock could use a Pokémon which is more common than sunshine in Summer this effectively, imagine what a force to be reckoned with that beast is! Blue had no choice, he had to use Rattata.

“Go Rattata!” shouted Blue.
    “I hope you have a good strategy,” smirked Brock, “This is getting boring… If you don’t a Normal type won’t stand a chance against Geodude’s now gargantuan defense.”

That was it! Defense! Sure, Rattata’s Normal type attacks wouldn’t do a thing while Geodude’s defense was so high, but Rattata had an attack that could stop all that – Tail Whip! Blue ordered Rattata to use Tail Whip, which caught Brock completely off guard. At first, Brock ordered a Defense Curl for every Tail Whip that Blue ordered, but it was obvious he was becoming frustrated. Then Brock began alternating orders for Defense Curls with orders for Tackles, however, all of the Tackles missed due to Pidgey’s Sand Attack!

“Sooner or later one of those Tackles is gonna hit – then that rat is dead meat!” yelled Brock, clearly trying to knock Blue’s confidence.
    Blue laughed in response, he loved that he was getting somewhere and he loved that he was getting on this guy’s nerves, “Not if I lower your defense first!”

Eventually, Rattata managed to lower Geodude’s defense back to the level it started at, still without having been hit by a single Tackle.

“I guess you’re gonna go on the offensive now?” smirked Brock, clearly he had a plan.
    “Don’t even think about it!” yelled Blue in reply, “I’m bringing your defense all the way down! I know you can’t afford to bring it up any more because you’re running out of PP! It’s gonna hit rock bottom and it’s gonna stay there! That’s when I’ll strike! I’m not letting Rattata get too near because then you’ll be able to hit it like you did with Pidgey!”
    Brock frowned, “You’re smart after all – you’d better hope I don’t hit you before that!”

After that Geodude began using Defense Curl less and less, until it stopped using it all together – it had run out of PP and Geodude was only one stage above minimum defense – it wouldn’t be long now!

“Alright, Rattata! One more Tail Whip!” commanded Blue.

Blue thought his victory, against Geodude at least, was certain, but then Geodude went in for a Tackle – and hit! Rattata was knocked to the floor, it appeared to be unable to stand…

“I told you that rat was going down!” jeered Brock.

Then, suddenly, Rattata got to its feet.

“Tackle!” cried Blue at the top of his voice.

Rattata immediately obeyed, knocking Geodude to the floor, catching it completely off guard. Geodude wasn’t knocked out but was severely disorientated, after receiving negative damage from Pidgey’s Tackle, it certainly wasn’t expecting such a beating from Rattata. Blue took advantage of this disorientation to order Tackle after Tackle, without Geodude managing to strike back even once, until finally Geodude fell to the ground, and didn’t get back up!

Brock’s face was livid, “Well done!” he snapped, “You managed to beat Geodude… But trust me, he is nothing compared to my other Pokémon – the mighty Onix!”

Brock threw Onix’s Poké Ball to the ground and the huge beast from earlier burst out, it was at least thirty times the size of Rattata, maybe more – Blue thought that here was probably where his luck would run out.

Blue's Team: Charmander, Pidgey, Rattata, Beedrill
    Blue’s Box: Metapod
    Blue's Pokédex: 7 Caught, 11 Seen

Blog Entries

I thought that Blue would use Ratatta more as a chance to whittle down a bit more HP and then KO with Beedrill, but that was actually pretty brilliant. I wouldn't of thought of that. Very nicely done.

Makes me wonder what's going to happen with Onix? This is going to be good.

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Thanks by the way.

So, Blue takes down one pokemon with a pidgey/rattata combo. I must say, that's not an impressive combo on the surface but what you wrote sounds quite good. Imagine, the two most common normal types in Kanto laying waste to a gym. Hah!

Good job. I look forward to the outcome of the onix battle.

EDIT: You have 20 pages worth of story here. Nice job.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Is Golden. The Golden Tyranitar's Avatar
    Sitting in an armchair in a quiet library in Driftveil City.
    Blog Entries

Great!Can't wait for part 2!

Blog Entries

Thanks again for the positive reviews guys, but now it's that time again - Chapter 12 is upon us.

Chapter 12

Blue cowered at the sight of the gigantic, rock monster, not only did it dwarf Rattata, but Blue himself, Blue had struggled against Brock’s first Pokémon, he couldn’t imagine how tough this thing was gonna be…

“Onix!” yelled Brock, “Rock Tomb!”

Blue was too scared to command Rattata to do anything, but it didn’t matter, there was nothing it could have done. Four huge boulders suddenly plummeted from Onix’s eye level and landed around Rattata, crushing him. Blue swore in shock, Rattata would be lucky to survive that attack. The rocks crumbled quickly and as they did so, it became clear that Rattata was not killed by the Rock Tomb, but it was knocked out, Blue withdrew it to its Poké Ball, just happy that it was alive. Blue was now in a tricky situation, he only had two Pokémon left, one of which was weak against Rock typed attacks, it had taken him two Pokémon to defeat Geodude which judging by Onix’s performance so far, was far less formidable than Brock’s latest Pokémon. Blue didn’t think Charmander would be able to brave a Rock Tomb, so his only real hope was Beedrill miraculously managing to take out Onix.

“Go Beedrill!” shouted Blue, throwing down the appropriate Poké Ball.

Beedrill burst out of its Poké Ball, raring to go and Brock immediately ordered another Rock Tomb, fortunately, Beedrill was able to avoid it thanks to its ability to fly. Not only that, but Beedrill was able to, as per the instructions of its Trainer, retaliate with a Poison Sting attack. Unfortunately, Beedrill was not as lucky as against Camper Liam and Onix was not poisoned. Next Brock ordered a Tackle and Beedrill found it much harder to avoid a four hundred pound snake of rock than a couple of measly boulders and was fired back a great distance – but still managed to remain airborne. Blue ordered Beedrill to keep its distance and hit Onix with a few more Poison Stings, Beedrill obeyed and was able to eventually poison Onix!

“That’s great Beedrill!” congratulated Blue, “Now switch to Fury Attack!”

Fury Attack was a move that Beedrill had learnt upon evolution, it was the same power as Poison Sting and actually lower due to the same typed attack boost Beedrill received from Poison Sting, not only that but the power of Fury Attack was halved due to Onix’s resistance. However, Fury Attack was a move that could be used repeatedly in the time it took to use a normal attack just once, so overall it was actually advantageous… As long as Beedrill used it enough times quickly!
    Beedrill managed to hit Onix with a few effective Fury Attacks, but then Brock yelled out to Onix.

“Bind!” commanded Brock.

Onix’s tail came shooting out at Beedrill, who attempted to avoid it, but was unsuccessful. The tail wrapped around Beedrill and began squeezing it as hard as Onix was capable. Once again, Blue found himself worrying about the mortality of his Pokémon – he’d never seen a bug crushed between two stones and live before. Sure enough, after about thirty seconds of squeezing, Beedrill was knocked out – which left Blue with no choice but to send out Charmander, he sighed and did what had to be done.

“Go! Charmander!” yelled Blue, throwing his starter’s Poké Ball to the ground, praying that it would be able to beat this beast.

Blue checked out Charmander’s move set – it wasn’t actually much more effective than Rattata’s, just like Geodude, Onix had an incredibly high defense stat which made it hard to deal any damage to, sure it was poisoned, but if Onix was doing more damage per turn to Charmander than the poison was doing to Onix – it meant nothing!
    Charmander’s moves were Scratch, Growl and Ember – all of which Onix was resistant to! Blue thought for a moment, even though Geodude had been resistant to all of Rattata’s moves, he had still found a way for Rattata to beat Geodude, perhaps there was a way for Charmander to beat Onix?

Then it hit him – Ember! Ember was a “special” attack which meant it would attack Onix’s special defense rather than its defense, and Blue wasn’t aware of Onix having particularly remarkable special defense, which meant that Ember would be able to do a lot more damage than Scratch could ever dream of doing! However, that just meant it was possible for Charmander to beat Onix, it didn’t make it at all likely, even with Ember and Onix’s poisoning, the odds were still against it.

“Ember!” commanded Blue, desperate for Charmander to do everything it could.

Charmander attacked, but it appeared to do next to nothing to Onix. Brock laughed and simply nodded at Onix, who knew what to do and another load of rocks came crashing down as Onix used Rock Tomb again. Fortunately, Charmander was fast enough to avoid it and escaped all damage from that turn. Blue could see the poison taking its toll on Onix, but Charmander’s Ember seemed to be virtually pointless. As Onix readied another Rock Tomb it just seemed hopeless, Blue was on the verge on giving up.

“Just… Do whatever you can…” muttered Blue, as if the battle was already over, it didn’t really make a difference whether or not he gave orders to Charmander.

Then a strange thing happened, Charmander nodded dutifully, turned to Onix and, just before it launched a second Rock Tomb, Charmander’s claws glowed silver and it slashed Onix with all its might. Blue wondered if this was some strange variation of Scratch, but then saw that it left huge slashes down Onix’s side – this attack seemed to be really effective! Then it hit Blue… it was Metal Claw! Charmander had learned it at some point without Blue realising!

Stunned by this new development, Onix failed to launch its Rock Tomb and just stared at Charmander in bewilderment, Brock began crying out to in frustration.

“Go Charmander!” shouted Blue with all his might, “No mercy! Give it everything you’ve got!”

Charmander attacked with Metal Claw relentlessly and after not long Onix could hold itself up no longer, the stone titan collapsed, creating a large dent on the floor of the Gym, Brock looked to Blue ashamedly.

“Congratulations, kid,” he said, “You’re now the proud owner of a Boulder Badge. That was a fine display of battling and you definitely deserve it. It’s been a while since anyone beat me.”

Blue was ecstatic, as if getting his first Gym Badge wasn’t good news enough, he also learnt that Red was yet to get one! Nothing could ruin his euphoria now!

Blue's Team: Charmander, Pidgey, Rattata, Beedrill
    Blue's Pokédex: 7 Caught, 11 Seen
    Blue’s Badges: 1
    Last edited by Gama; 9th August 2009 at 08:47 AM.

Blog Entries

well, talk about deux ex machina. oh well, good job. Blue is more like Red than he lets on.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuutakesh! View Post
    well, talk about deux ex machina. oh well, good job. Blue is more like Red than he lets on.
    This.

Lighting Things on Fire Sarcastically Insane's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I loved Metal Claw in FRLG... but it was changed to Dragon Claw in DPPt, to let you know.
    Currently writing Hoenn Wars, a Travelsverse fic that needs no prior Travelsverse knowledge to understand. Chapter Seven, Sacrifice, is up.

That's interesting; I might have a look when I have the time. Thanks!

EDIT: Oh my god, these are too many links! Very specific...
    ^Someone's first impression of TVTropes.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSoul View Post
    I loved Metal Claw in FRLG... but it was changed to Dragon Claw in DPPt, to let you know.
    no it wasn't.

Lighting Things on Fire Sarcastically Insane's Avatar
    Blog Entries

sorry; it was removed. Dragon Claw is learned by Charizard.
    Currently writing Hoenn Wars, a Travelsverse fic that needs no prior Travelsverse knowledge to understand. Chapter Seven, Sacrifice, is up.

That's interesting; I might have a look when I have the time. Thanks!

EDIT: Oh my god, these are too many links! Very specific...
    ^Someone's first impression of TVTropes.

Blazaking's Avatar Staff ArtistModerator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Blazaking On Twitter Add Blazaking on Google+
    Follow Blazaking on Tumblr Visit Blazaking's Youtube Channel

sorry; it was removed
    Thats too bad...

Anway, I am so loving this fanfic. Its so realistic and logical. Keep up the good work!

Blog Entries

sorry; it was removed. Dragon Claw is learned by Charizard.
    I'm confused now.

hey i liked the latest chapter...blue is certainly protrayed in a great way in this story. keep this up! ill be reading

Blog Entries

Thank you, as always, for the feedback. I wasn't entirely happy with the Metal Claw situation myself, in the original plan Charmander defeated Onix by allowing the poison to take effect and by Embering it to hell, but it wasn't climatic enough, so I did what I could. Hopefully the next Gym Battle will be better.

Sorry for the delay in getting this chapter out, I was on holiday again - the chapters should be more regular from now on. (About two a week)

Anyway, here's the next chapter!

Chapter 13

After getting his first Gym Badge, Blue headed straight to Mt. Moon, Cerulean City was on the other side, and that was where he was going to be getting his second Gym Badge – he might be ahead of Red now, but if he got complacent, he wouldn’t be for long! Not only that, but it would be a chance to add a couple of pages to his Pokédex, he wasn’t ready to beat Red just in the one category – his target was total humiliation, this rivalry wasn’t about to end in a draw.

Blue rushed out of Pewter City and towards Mt. Moon, he stopped momentarily to heal his Pokémon at a conveniently placed Pokémon Center as he had forgotten to do it in Pewter City. Whilst there, Blue was offered a Pokémon for some exorbitant amount of money, but he declined – it wasn’t that the Pokémon sounded bad, in fact, the man made it sound very good, but Blue was capable of catching Pokémon for himself. It would take a real amateur of a trainer to pay for a Pokémon caught by someone else, you could excuse accepting a Pokémon given to you for free, but to pay other people to catch Pokémon for you is low – if you have to do that you’re hardly a master catcher at all.

Once inside Mt. Moon Blue was immediately greeted by a weedy looking man who had previously been digging around the cave.

“Pleased to meet you,” the man said, offering his hand, “My name is Miguel.”
    “Blue,” answered Blue dismissively, he shook the man’s hand, but did not make eye contact.
    “Not a talker, eh?” commented Miguel, “Well that’s fine, we can each just mind our own business.”
    “Sounds good to-”, started Blue, with the intent of walking away from the man when he finished his sentence, but a pink flash caught his eye – it was the rarest Pokémon known to Mt. Moon – Clefairy!

Blue sent out Charmander to chase the Pokémon down, but it was too quick, Charmander couldn’t keep up. Annoyingly, Miguel sent out a Koffing which was able to float right next to the Clefairy, keeping up to it with minimal effort. Blue switched Pokémon to Pidgey who was a bit faster, but irritatingly, not as fast as Clefairy or Koffing.

“Get out of the way!” shouted Blue to Miguel, “This is my capture!”
    “This is your capture?” asked Miguel in mock surprise, “Well, you’re not doing a very good job of it, are you?”
    “Shut up!” shouted Blue.
    “If you need help, just ask!” answered Miguel.

Blue was adamant that he would not ask this buffoon for help, instead he yelled at Pidgey to catch that damn Clefairy already.

“I’m here any time you need me!” shouted Miguel.
    “Why?” cried Blue in response, “Why do you want to help me?”
    “Strong trainers come through here all the time and make me give them fossils – if I do you a favour, you’ll owe me one, and that can be not taking a fossil from me!”
    “Fine!” shouted Blue in frustration, “Help me catch it and I’ll owe you one!”
    “Excellent!” responded Miguel, who proceeded to withdraw Koffing and send out a Voltorb, which immediately used Thunder Wave, as if this was a rehearsed scenario. The Clefairy stopped dead in its tracks immediately.

“Throw a Poké Ball!” shouted Miguel, “I’ll keep attacking!”

True to his word, Miguel had Voltorb continue to whittle down Clefairy’s health with repeated Thunder Shock attacks. Blue was astounded at this strange man’s incredible ability to catch Pokémon and was a little curious as to why he had devoted his life to searching for fossils – or at least it appeared that way, either way, he only had three Poké Balls on his belt, so he certainly wasn’t a catcher. Blue stopped his pondering to grab a Poké Ball at his bag and hurl it at the Clefairy, this time it didn’t even wobble, Clefairy was caught – and it was Blue’s best capture yet!

“Thanks,” Blue muttered, “I won’t take a fossil from you, I don’t know why you think I’d want one anyway…”
    “You wouldn’t want one?” clarified Miguel in disbelief, “You must be a real rookie! I have in my possession three fossils, one of the Shellfish Pokémon, Kabuto, one of the Spiral Pokémon, Omanyte and one of my personal favourite fossil Pokémon, the winged demon – Aerodactyl!”
    “That’s lovely,” retorted Blue, “But a fossil and a Pokémon are two very different things, you know.”
    “They don’t have to be!” answered Miguel, “There are some men on Cinnabar Island who can revive Pokémon from the DNA in their fossils!”

Blue was astounded at this revelation, if he’d known that he wouldn’t have agreed to this Miguel guy’s deal at all – a Clefairy is all well and good but a ‘winged demon’ Pokémon is ten times more awesome! That said, Blue didn’t have to stay true to his word, he could just beat Miguel in a battle and take a fossil from him, but he had agreed not to do that, he’d find some other way to pay Miguel back for the one he owed him so that he could take that Aerodactyl fossil from him before leaving this cave.

Miguel and Blue decided to walk together to the other side of Mt. Moon, Miguel wanted to go there because he knew a place he could lay out his fossils to dust them and Blue wanted to go there because he knew that was the direction that the exit was in. On their way there though, two shadowy figures stepped out before them.

“Give us the fossils,” one of them commanded, “We know you have them.”

As they said this, one of them sent out an Ekans while the other sent out a Zubat.

Miguel leant over to Blue, “This is exactly the kind of thing I was talking about.”
    ‘This is no problem,’ thought Blue to himself, ‘These guys are probably pushovers, if I run away from Miguel and let him fend for himself then I’ll easily be able to take out one of them.’

Blue moved to dart to the other side of these figures when a thought crossed his mind – if he could save Miguel from these guys, that’d be his one and he could demand a fossil! Blue moved back into the centre of the action and sent out his newest Pokémon, Clefairy and old reliable, Beedrill. Blue checked Clefairy’s moves and had it use Metronome, while Beedrill stuck to the tried and tested tactic of using Poison Sting followed by Fury Attack. Blue didn’t even have time to register that both of his opponents were of the Poison type before Beedrill was knocked out by a double Bite from Ekans and Zubat, while Clefairy stood back and did nothing – or so it seemed, Clefairy was apparently biding its time so it couldn’t be blamed for knocking out Beedrill and used an awesome Earthquake attack – instantly knocking out Ekans! In his elation, Blue ordered another Metronome attack, while Zubat went in for another Bite…

Clefairy screwed up its eyes at Zubat as it was Bitten – Mean Look!

“That was totally useless!” yelled Blue at the top of his voice, “He only has one Pokémon left! He can’t escape anyway! Mean Look did nothing! Use Earthquake again!”

Clefairy turned to Blue and shrugged indicating that it had no control over the Metronome technique, Blue sighed and ordered Clefairy to use the potentially less powerful but far more reliable Double Slap move. Zubat fought back hard with its Bite move, but it gave in before Clefairy did – not that it mattered, Blue could have still relied on Pidgey, Rattata and Charmander if it had somehow managed to take out Clefairy.

After being defeated the shady men skulked off without saying anything to avoid further retribution, Blue didn’t care, he wasn’t interested in dealing out justice, he was interested in being dealt out a fossil that he could turn into a ‘winged demon’ – now that was a Pokémon that would beat Red!

“I guess this means…” smirked Blue, “That you owe me one, huh?”
    “Just take it!” yelled Miguel, throwing the Aerodactyl fossil to Blue, “That’s the last time I show kindness to anyone coming through here! Next person who wants one of my fossils is gonna have to straight up battle me for it!”

Blue's Team: Charmander, Pidgey, Rattata, Beedrill, Clefairy
    Blue's Pokédex: 8 Caught, 14 Seen
    Blue’s Badges: 1
    Last edited by Gama; 9th August 2009 at 08:50 AM.

Blog Entries

I. Love. This. Story.

Heh, you really know how to write. Blue is practically setting up EVERY obstacle in the game without even knowing it. You're amazing man.

Page 4 of 60 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)