Rival's Story - Page 31
Page 31 of 60 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: Rival's Story

Moderator AceTrainer14's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Rival's Story

Really great part, I liked the use of Facade and Synchronize. Can't wait for the battles conclusion: Hope Blue comes out on top

^^^^ The GalacticVerse Bibliography (Thanks to Blazaking for Banner) ^^^^

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gastly's Mama View Post
    Blue knew of the move Return – it was the opposite to Frustration. Was it possible that Red’s Pikachu had made that much of a turn around that quickly?
    Shouldn't that be Red's Eevee?

Anyway, brilliant chapter, Gama, keep 'em coming!

Let's get funky! Gama's Avatar Former Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Instrutilus View Post
    Shouldn't that be Red's Eevee?

Anyway, brilliant chapter, Gama, keep 'em coming!
    Whoops! Thanks for pointing that out - corrected!

good book

i read it all in 2 days

Blog Entries

Great chapter as always.
    "Isn't Lady Gaga one of the Gym Leaders in Black & White?"
    Hopefully I'll be making some... projects that you guys will find out about soon.

and oh yeah sorry bout double postin

Blog Entries

Wow, SG, that's really impressive - I can't believe you read it that quickly!

Also, take a look at this please.

Anyway, something of a short chapter today, I'm afraid:

Chapter 76

Blue’s choice for his next Pokémon was between Charizard and Pidgeot. It didn’t really matter which he picked, he should be able to win it. In the end Blue settled for Pidgeot and threw out the appropriate Poké Ball.

Pidgeot screeched some sort of war cry as it burst out of its Poké Ball and awaited its orders.

“Fly!” commanded Blue.

Pidgeot burst into the sky obediently as soon as the order was given.

“Return,” ordered Red a little too slowly.

Eevee darted forwards but as there was no target to be seen, it missed completely. Again, Blue had ordered Fly because he was interested to see what move Red would have Eevee use. Now he knew that although the trick had changed, Red’s Eevee was still very much a one trick pony. Red ordered the same move again as Pidgeot swooped down and knocked Eevee off its feet. Blue scoffed in superiority, but Eevee quickly hit back and gave Pidgeot an enormous amount of damage.

It was as if Pidgeot hitting Eevee made its Return attack even more powerful.

“It doesn’t want to let me down,” smirked Red, “It just becomes more and more determined, beautiful really.”

Blue didn’t bother to respond to this. It wasn’t really a problem anyway; Red was just trying to psych him out. Pidgeot was faster than Eevee and Fly took away about half of its health. If Blue just ordered another Fly, there was a fair chance it would take Eevee out and if it didn’t, Eevee would be left on a slither of remaining health and Charizard would easily be able to finish it off.

“Fly,” commanded Blue confidently.

Red looked annoyed as Pidgeot darted back up into the air and Eevee could do nothing but watch it. Seconds later, Pidgeot dived back down to earth and knocked Eevee back towards Red. Eevee quickly picked itself up and used most of its remaining energy to hit back at Pidgeot with a Return which knocked out the avian Pokémon, but Blue’s confidence wasn’t knocked. Blue grabbed Charizard’s Poké Ball from his belt and threw it down towards Eevee.

“Slash,” ordered Blue.
    “Return!” cried Red, beginning to sound like a broken record.

Eevee darted forwards first and managed to give Charizard a considerable amount of damage but Charizard quickly struck back with a Slash that managed to knock out Eevee. Blue breathed a sigh of relief – he had finally managed to beat his rival again, maybe it was something about being near Pallet Town. That was fine by Blue too – the Indigo Plateau was pretty near Pallet Town and that was one place that Blue certainly did not want to lose.

Blue began to prepare some sort of witty sign off as he walked away from Red – he thought about telling him he needed some more practice or something along those lines but then he noticed that Red did not look as if he had just lost the battle. In fact, he was grabbing another Poké Ball from his belt.

“Hey!” objected Blue, “No fair! Only six Pokémon! You know that!”
    “What?” asked Red, completely confounded, “This is my sixth.”

Blue was confused. He was sure he’d knocked out all six of Red’s Pokémon already but then it hit him – he hadn’t knocked out Lapras, he’d severely injured it and then Red had withdrawn it. It was the same mistake he’d made against Giovanni but this time, the other way around. That time the mistake had almost cost him his life, but this time it was going to cost him something much, much worse than that – his pride.

Red’s Lapras burst out of his Poké Ball and Red commanded a Surf attack. If only Blue had used Charizard against Eevee and had Pidgeot now. Blue didn’t even order an attack as the tidal wave of Lapras’ Surf engulfed Charizard, knocking it out. Blue had lost again.

Blue was furious.

“What?!” he exclaimed in indignation.
    “You lost,” retorted Red, “That’s what.”

Blue was silent for a moment, then burst into a fit of incredibly forced laughter.

“I was just careless!” claimed Blue, lying outrageously.
    “Don’t lie!” snapped Red in response, “We both put in our all and I came out on top! Admit it!”
    “Red!” responded Blue, “That was your best?”

Blue could sense that his words were, for some reason, actually starting to get to Red.

“Stop it,” said Red, losing some of the strength in his voice, “I’m better than you.”
    “You’re nowhere near as good as me, pal!” insisted Blue, “Go train some more! You loser!”

Blue thought the ‘loser’ comment might have been a bit harsh but he stuck to his guns. Blue stood facing Red for a few seconds, trying to decide whether to head back to the Pokémon Center and heal his Pokémon, the smarter action, or to keep going and hope for the best, the action that would cost him the least pride. In the end he decided to go with the latter.

Red walked back towards Viridian City, presumably towards the Pokémon Center – smart boy.

Blue's Team: Charizard, Pidgeot, Exeggcute, Alakazam, Gyarados, Rhyhorn
    Blue’s Box: Metapod, Beedrill, Meowth, Bellsprout, Grimer, Aerodactyl
    Blue's Pokédex: 23 Caught, 89 Seen
    Blue’s Badges: 8

Moderator AceTrainer14's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Ah Blue, he never seems to admit defeat :P Hopefully he won't make the same mistake during the Elite Four battles.

^^^^ The GalacticVerse Bibliography (Thanks to Blazaking for Banner) ^^^^

Blog Entries

That was a great chapter! Poor Blue.

short but good looking foward to the next chapter but im still confused why does oak say blue mistreated his pokemon does blue get desperate to beat his rival and do the frustration trick?

How do I used tense? SSJ3_Raditz's Avatar

I love that last part.

Blog Entries

I'm curious as to if Blue'll recieve a Leaf Stone from Maxwell via Pelipper (Blue may not be able to catch Hoenn Pokémon, but that don't mean they can't be seen or caught by Maxwell), since Exeggcute has evolved by that point...or even if his grandmother, Agatha, gives it to him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Instrutilus View Post
    I'm curious as to if Blue'll recieve a Leaf Stone from Maxwell via Pelipper (Blue may not be able to catch Hoenn Pokémon, but that don't mean they can't be seen or caught by Maxwell), since Exeggcute has evolved by that point...or even if his grandmother, Agatha, gives it to him.
    Chapter 35 - I plan ahead.
    Last edited by Gama; 28th June 2010 at 06:59 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gastly's Mama View Post
    Chapter 35 - I plan ahead.
    You linked Chapter 34, but curses, my powers of observation have failed me for once!

Page 31 of 60 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast