Rival's Story - Page 26

Page 26 of 60 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Rival's Story

Blog Entries

Default Re: Rival's Story

Good one!

Are we going to get a Sevii arc now or are we straight off to Viridian?

A lone detective takes it upon himself to solve the murder of a young woman, willingly diving into the dangerous web of conspiracies weaved by the feuding mafia families. But after the truth is uncovered, will that city of sin be the same ever again?

Let's get funky! Gama's Avatar Former Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Made my first blog post ever today!

<----------Have a read!

Quote Originally Posted by Instrutilus View Post
    Now for Giovanni...any chance Silver will be making any appearances near the Gym, running off when his dad's defeated for the first time? Or will Blue merely steal the badge due to the lack of Gym Leader and engrave his name into the statues?

The problem is, I originally planned this story around December 2008 so it predates HGSS by quite some way and thus what I have planned does not exactly fit with the new things HGSS tells us, particularly about Giovanni. As I believe it's quite key to how I wanted the story to pan out, I'm going to keep it the same, particularly since in an attempt to avoid spoilers I know very little about the Giovanni plot in HGSS.

Quote Originally Posted by alster08 View Post
    Wow you are a awsome writer. I hope one day I would be able to write exacaly like you.
    Wow. Seriously. That's probably the biggest compliment I've ever had. Thank you, it really means a lot to hear that.

Quote Originally Posted by Aladar View Post
    Good one!

Are we going to get a Sevii arc now or are we straight off to Viridian?
    I considered a Sevii arc, but changed my mind, I don't think it's necessary or really adds anything. I'm pretty sure you don't encounter Blue in the Sevii Islands anyway. (I know that doesn't mean he doesn't go, but he equally doesn't mean he does)

Anyway, without further ado, here is today's chapter:

Chapter 65

As Blue exited the Cinnabar Gym, he reflected that he had built up quite a to-do list for himself. First things first, he taught Exeggcute Toxic, which he quickly did. Secondly, he needed to lock the Cinnabar Gym after himself, so as to make sure that Red couldn’t get in on account of his merit, which he even more quickly did. Thirdly, he had to return the key to where he found it, which he intended to do immediately. After that he intended to visit his grandfather and ask about Maxwell’s Wartortle – namely, was it Oak’s last Pokémon and, if so, why did he give it to Maxwell? Also, he had to find a way to make it up to Alakazam after shouting at it.

Blue wondered if his fairly large to-do list was anything to do with the fact that he was a little apprehensive about taking on the final Gym Leader, who was, according to Koga, the strongest in Kanto. It didn’t really matter though, he boldly headed in to the Pokémon Mansion to return the key to its place on the ledge outside of Pokémon Mansion. Unfortunately, it appeared someone had tripped a switch and the way he had gone up there before was blocked off, he began flipping switches in statues and wandering aimlessly around the Mansion, desperate to find the place that he had found the key.

“Hey!” came a voice from behind, clearly outraged, “It’s you!”

Blue turned to see one of the burglars from earlier.

“You got down, I see,” smirked Blue, still holding the key.
    “That’s right!” snapped the burglar, “And I got some reinforcements too! My nephew’s an awesome battler and he lent me some Pokémon! So now I’m gonna take you down and put you up on the roof!”
    “Is that so?” smiled Blue, putting the key down on a table behind him and grabbing a Poké Ball from his belt, “I’d like to see you try.”

The battle was over very quickly. Blue didn’t know who this man’s nephew was, but he suspected that either he was not a particularly awesome battler after all or he had given his uncle the worst Pokémon on his team – after all, in spite of the fact that Blue was undeniably an awesome battler, his Bellsprout and his Meowth wouldn’t really be much use to anyone at all.

“Bad luck,” taunted Blue, “Looks like I win again. Now, maybe I can give you a real punishment for using my friend like you did.”
    “I’m sorry!” cried the burglar, desperately, sinking to his knees, “Please! Give me a second chance!”
    “You’re right,” replied Blue, “Everyone deserves a second chance.”
    “Thank you so much!” wept the burglar, crawling towards Blue, “I won’t forget this!”
    “Thing is,” continued Blue with a superior smile, “You’ve already had yours.”

The burglar’s face froze with fear. The pathetic man slowly picked himself up and then began running as fast as he could. Blue chased him down eagerly, completely ignoring all the disgusting, feral Pokémon that he passed while doing so. The burglar tripped some switches as he ran, clearly in an attempt to lock Blue out of places, but Blue just tripped the same switches after him. Eventually, the burglar tripped a switch which opened a door right in front of him and began running full pelt in an attempt to get into it. Blue waited by the switch and switched it back just as the burglar was about to run into the door, causing the man to run into the door and fall to the ground. Blue stood over the burglar threateningly.

“So,” began Blue, “What happened to the rest of your buddies?”
    “They weren’t my buddies!” insisted the burglar, “We were just together for that moment! Right after you left, it was every man for himself! I was lucky enough to have a Flying Pokémon with me, so I just flew away!”
    “What about everyone else?” demanded Blue.
    “Well,” answered the burglar obediently, “I think I saw some guys try and jump into the water, some tried to climb down the side of the Mansion, one guy even jumped across and landed on the roof of the Gym – as if being stranded there is any better than being stranded on the roof of the Pokémon Mansion!”

Blue remembered Blaine saying he thought he heard someone on top of his Gym and reflected that perhaps the old man wasn’t as crazy as he’d thought he was.

“Alright, whatever,” snapped Blue, remembering that he had places to be, “Just give me your bag of loot.”
    “No!” shouted the burglar, clinging on to it desperately.
    “We can do this the easy way or the hard way,” said Blue impatiently.

The burglar quickly handed over his bag of loot, which Blue immediately looked through. For the most part it was crap, strangely shaped pieces of rock, some sort of flute, an old looking, red chain, two feathers – one rainbow coloured and the other shining silver but then Blue spotted something worthwhile – a light blue coloured disc – it was another TM! Blue snatched the TM out of the bag and inspected it – it appeared to be the TM for teaching Ice Punch, which Blue immediately taught to Alakazam – he once again considered himself even with the Pokémon.

“Alright,” said Blue afterwards, trying to contain his excitement at having obtained another TM, “You’re free to go.”
    “R-really?” stammered the burglar in apparent disbelief, “You don’t want anything else in there?”
    “This crap?!” yelled Blue in defiance, shaking the bag at the burglar and then throwing it to the ground, “You couldn’t pay me take it! Do I look like a Pokémon Maniac to you?”
    “No sir!” answered the burglar, picking up his bag and clutching it tight to his chest, “Is that all?”

Blue once again remembered that he had places to be and dashed out of the Pokémon Mansion. It took him a few minutes, but eventually, he did make it. Once outside, Blue had Pidgeot Fly him back home to Pallet Town, where he rushed into his grandfather’s lab.

“Yo gramps!” yelled Blue, strolling into the lab.
    “Ah, Blue!” exclaimed Oak happily, “It’s good to see you! Would you like me to evaluate your Pokédex?”
    “I can do that myself!” snapped Blue, “I came to ask about your Squirtle!”
    “You can’t have it!” retorted Oak quickly, “I’ve already given you a Pokémon, you shan’t have another!”
    “Oh,” replied Blue, “I was just gonna ask if you’d already given it away, I met a guy with a Wartortle, so I –”
    “So you wanted one of your own?” accused Oak, eyeing Blue suspiciously.
    “No!” exclaimed Blue, “I thought you might have given it to him!”
    “No,” replied Oak, “I did not. I still have my last Pokémon right here with me.”

Blue was silent for a moment, he did not appreciate the accusations thrown at him by his grandfather – he wasn’t that selfish.

“Have you seen Red at all?” asked Oak, innocently, “Last I heard he was on his way to Cinnabar to get his seventh Badge. How many do you have?”

Blue was silent for a moment longer, he stood there, boiling in his personal rage brought on by the sheer mention of Red, particularly as it was by his grandfather. Also, Red was clearly hot on his heels, he wondered if Red had found the key to the Gym. Then he suddenly remembered that he had forgotten about the key after obtaining the TM for Ice Punch – it didn’t matter really, the key was still in a hard to reach place, hopefully that would slow down Red enough to make up for Blue wasting time in Pokémon Mansion and in Pallet Town.

“Seven,” snapped Blue proudly, “I’m ahead of him.”
    “Oho!” exclaimed Oak, clearly impressed, “Then I suppose you’ll be heading to Viridian City now – the Gym Leader’s back, didn’t you hear?”
    “Koga mentioned he might be,” replied Blue, “But I didn’t know for certain, I’ll head there right away!”
    “Then I suppose you’ll be meeting your grandmother after that,” commented Oak.
    “I suppose,” replied Blue moodily, “I’ll beat her easy.”
    “That’s my boy!” exclaimed Oak.

Blue had never been anywhere near as interested in his grandmother’s attention as he had in that of Oak, the woman had never cared for him, in fact, he barely remembered her at all.

“Alright, I’m off,” announced Blue suddenly, “Smell ya later, gramps!”

Blue ran up Route 1, eager to face the final Gym Leader and be on his way to the Pokémon League!

Blue's Team: Charizard, Pidgeot, Exeggcute, Alakazam, Gyarados, Rhyhorn
    Blue’s Box: Metapod, Beedrill, Meowth, Bellsprout, Grimer, Aerodactyl
    Blue's Pokédex: 23 Caught, 85 Seen
    Blue’s Badges: 7
    Last edited by Gama; 14th May 2010 at 06:01 AM.

Blog Entries

Nice Chapter.

Blog Entries

BLue could just WALK through route 1 with charizard by his side. wild pokemon would be to afraid to battle.
    My 3ds FC: 0018 2172 7225 Safari: Rock Feel free to add me! I can only get on wifi maybe once a week at most though!
    my stats[/SIZE]|ranger

Blog Entries

Something tells me I know who Blue's grandmother is... :) And that probably explains a lot if I'm right.

But anywho, great chapter. The conversation between Blue and Professor Oak was killer. The whole part where Oak is accusing Blue of being greedy was spectacular. And then the next thing Oak brings up is Red. The relationships between Blue and Oak as well as Blue and Red are probably the crowning achievements of this fic. Can't wait for the final gym battle!
    "Isn't Lady Gaga one of the Gym Leaders in Black & White?"
    Hopefully I'll be making some... projects that you guys will find out about soon.

Blog Entries

Blue and his crap, what is he like.
    :P
    That part certainly amused me!
    Great chapter again.

so i herd u liek treakos? Kimori-Hinoarashi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gastly's Mama View Post
    I considered a Sevii arc, but changed my mind, I don't think it's necessary or really adds anything. I'm pretty sure you don't encounter Blue in the Sevii Islands anyway. (I know that doesn't mean he doesn't go, but he equally doesn't mean he does)
    Blue does appear at the Sevii Islands in the post-league arc.
    The burglar quickly handed over his bag of loot, which Blue immediately looked through. For the most part it was crap, strangely shaped pieces of rock, some sort of flute, an old looking, red chain, two feathers – one rainbow coloured and the other shining silver but then Blue spotted something worthwhile – a light blue coloured disc – it was another TM! Blue snatched the TM out of the bag and inspected it – it appeared to be the TM for teaching Ice Punch, which Blue immediately taught to Alakazam – he once again considered himself even with the Pokémon.
    Evolutionary stones, Pokeflute, Red Chain, Rainbow and Silver Wings- Ooh! A TM that can easily be obtained at a Dept. Store or a Game Corner! Oh Boy!

“Then I suppose you’ll be meeting your grandmother after that,” commented Oak.
    “I suppose,” replied Blue moodily, “I’ll beat her easy.”
    “That’s my boy!” exclaimed Oak.

Blue had never been anywhere near as interested in his grandmother’s attention as he had in that of Oak, the woman had never cared for him, in fact, he barely remembered her at all.
    I wonder who it *coughcough*Agatha*coughcough* is!

Great chapter, GM!
    Read my Fanfic! Chapter 30 posted! A Legendary Journey is now on indefinite hiatus, but I am starting a new fic in Unova called eNsnared.

Thanks to cledispop for my Avatar!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kimori-Hinoarashi View Post
    Pokeflute
    Isn't it the Azure Flute?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iteru View Post
    Isn't it the Azure Flute?
    Oops. My bad. The point is, Blue wants an easy to find TM over items that summon Legendaries. He's never going to complete the Pokédex.
    Read my Fanfic! Chapter 30 posted! A Legendary Journey is now on indefinite hiatus, but I am starting a new fic in Unova called eNsnared.

Blog Entries

And he's never going to get Arceus, who could judge Oak for his favouritism of Red :D
    Oh the irony.

Blog Entries

Yeah, I was referring to the Azure Flute actually, so even worse xD

Thanks for the kind words.

And I was not aware that Blue appears in the Sevii Islands. Well, here's a heads up - he's not going to. I've been working from the RBY script rather than the FRLG script (which apparently doesn't exist anywhere on the interweb) so I've missed a few things out. So, yeah, in general, this story is more based on GenI and II than III and IV, even though bits of it are more like the later ones. Confusing, I know.

Blog Entries

Chapter 66

Blue soon arrived in the Viridian City Gym and, to his delight, found that the Gym was unlocked, apparently owing to the fact that the Gym Leader was back.

“You again?” asked the old man standing outside the Gym that Blue had seen so long ago.
    “That’s right!” replied Blue, too excited to be put down by this man’s insults now.

The old man looked Blue up and down.

“You look different than before – you get a haircut?” questioned the man.
    “No, sir, I did not,” answered Blue.
    “Oh,” replied the old man, “You look stronger. Did you get any Badges yet?”
    “I’ve got every Badge but this one!” declared Blue proudly.
    “Oh,” answered the old man, apparently disappointed, “Well I guess you’re wondering who the Gym Leader is! Nobody knows but me! And guess what – I ain’t gonna tell ya! You’re gonna have to battle your way through the Gym and I doubt you can do that!”
    “Giovanni,” answered Blue, “Plenty of people know who the Gym Leader is.”
    “Oh,” replied the old man, seemingly further disappointed, “Then I guess there’s nothing left but for you to go in.”
    “I guess so too,” said Blue and smiled at the old man, walking into the Gym.

Blue thought back to when he had first started his journey and how much this old man had aggravated him and reflected that he must have grown up a lot since he first left Pallet Town.

As Blue entered the Gym, he noticed that Brains had not yet arrived and guessed that that meant Red still hadn’t defeated Blaine – which was good, if he had the HM Fly like Blue did, he’d be able to Fly straight to Viridian City and challenge Giovanni as on as he defeated Blaine. Blue was a little disappointed though, he was confident that he had matured and suspected that if Brains had been there, he would have been able to keep his cool. Of course, after having been in the Gym for just minutes, Blue instantly regressed, losing his cool at the sight of warp pads that send you flying every which way across the Gym, trainers with whips and some guy professing to be the king of karate.

“There’s no such thing as a Karate King!” objected Blue, “That’s ridiculous! Martial arts don’t have monarchs!”

Blue once again shouted, to no one in particular, about how outrageous it was that a Gym Leader should not want to be challenged and thus set up tricks and traps in his Gym. Eventually, Blue arrived in a fairly small arena, partially closed off from the rest of the Gym.

“Hello Blue,” greeted a chilling voice as soon as Blue entered the chamber.

Blue looked up and saw the man who was presumably Giovanni; he was in his 40s and wore a black suit with a grey shirt underneath. The suit would have looked pretty stylish had it not had a pocket ripped off of the front of it.

“How do you know my name?” snapped Blue immediately.
    “Don’t you know mine?” retorted Giovanni.
    “Yes,” answered Blue, “You’re Giovanni.”
    “Well, how do you know mine?” questioned Giovanni.
    “Fame!” responded Blue, “You’re a Gym Leader! People know who you are!”
    “People know who you are, Blue,” explained Giovanni, “You’ve beaten seven of the eight Gym Leaders of Kanto and you appeared to have a hand in the downfall of Team Rocket. You’re famous too.”

Blue didn’t know what to say, he wasn’t expecting to be complimented.

“Yes,” continued Giovanni, “I know all about you, Blue, as the most powerful Gym Leader in Kanto, it’s my responsibility to know about someone like you.”

Blue couldn’t resist this opportunity.

“Is there anyone else like me?” asked Blue, “Anyone else with seven Badges?”
    “No,” answered Giovanni curtly, giving Blue intense pleasure, “There’s a boy called Red who has six, but he’s yet to obtain Blaine’s Badge in Cinnabar.”
    “Has he gotten into the Gym?” questioned Blue, eager to find out his rival’s progress.
    “This about you not Red,” snapped Giovanni impatiently, “And I have something to ask you.”
    “What is it?” replied Blue curiously.
    “Why do you have such a different attitude when you are facing Team Rocket than when you are facing Gym Leaders?” asked Giovanni, “When you face members of Team Rocket, you seem terrified and yet against Gym Leaders you seem fearless. It can’t be a matter of Team Rocket being stronger, that’s certainly not true, there are certainly Gym Leaders in Kanto who are stronger than every single member of Team Rocket. So what is it?”
    “I dunno,” answered Blue with embarrassment, looking at his feet.
    “Yes you do,” snapped Giovanni with a fierce look.
    “I guess,” responded Blue obediently, “I guess it’s because I don’t know what Team Rocket would do to me. They’re bad guys but the Gym Leaders are employed by the Pokémon League.”
    “So what you’re saying,” simplified Giovanni, “Is that the worst thing that could happen in a Gym challenge is not getting a Badge. Is that correct?”
    “I guess, yeah,” answered Blue.
    “I’m going to show just how wrong you are, Blue Oak,” said Giovanni with a sinister smile.

Blue was silent with fear, he had no idea what this could mean.

“I’m going to try to kill you,” stated Giovanni as if he were telling Blue what he was getting from the shops.
    “Wh-what?” stammered Blue, unable to believe what he had just heard, “Kill? You can’t be serious!”
    “I’m afraid I am, Blue,” responded Giovanni, “And I’m well within my rights to do it too.”
    “You’re not!” yelled Blue in fury, “You’re a Gym Leader!”

Blue looked around the Gym and noticed stains of red all over the floor – he doubted it was paint; this guy was the real deal.

“I’m sure if you’ve beaten Koga you’re familiar with the Gym Leader’s guidebook – he’s very fond of it,” announced Giovanni, producing a small book from his back pocket, flicking through it and suddenly stopping at a certain page, “Well, I like it too. You see, it tells me that I am allowed to do anything within my power to prevent someone taking my life. Being a Gym Leader is a dangerous job after all, the most powerful trainers in the region hunt you down to battle you, if you encountered one who were a little unstable, well, you’d be at grave risk. If I felt a challenger intended to kill me, I could do whatever I wanted to stop them, that even includes having my Pokémon aim for them instead of for their Pokémon. Now that I have told you that I intend to kill you, given the opportunity, I feel that it is safe to assume that you will kill me given the opportunity, after all, that is the only way you can protect your own life. Therefore, my life is at risk from you, so if I have to kill you to stop you from killing me, that would be perfectly acceptable.”

Blue opened his mouth to protest, but he simply closed it again, there was no point. It wasn’t that the logic was sound, it was that it was so comprehensively unsound that no argument could be made against it. Even if an argument could be made against it, Giovanni seemed too confident in himself to stand corrected – it’d be pointless to argue. It seemed that Blue had two choices – accept Giovanni’s challenge and risk his life or leave the Gym without a Badge but with his life intact – the choice seemed obvious.

“Let’s go!” shouted Blue.

Giovanni gave a superior sneer. Blue thought about what Pokémon he should use first – Charizard was immune to Ground typed Pokémon, so he was a good choice, but so were Pidgeot and Gyarados, and Gyarados had a type advantage too. Then again, it also seemed like a perfect opportunity to train Exeggcute, it’d have a type advantage and if Blue didn’t train it, it’d never learn Solar Beam and he’d never be able to evolve it. Blue’s hand wavered between Exeggcute and Gyarados’ Poké Balls when suddenly a huge rock whistled past Blue’s head, almost taking it off. Blue suddenly zoned back in and saw that Giovanni had already sent out his first Pokémon and had ordered an attack – targeting Blue. It appeared a Rhyhorn was on the field and it had used Rock Blast. Blue was lucky to be alive, if it had been more accurate, he would not have been – but he wasn’t out of the woods yet, Rock Blast hit two to five times, Blue knew this from his own Rhyhorn. Blue grabbed Pidgeot’s Poké Ball, it’d be the most capable of intercepting the attack, and sent out the Flying Pokémon to take the hit for him.

Pidgeot burst out of its Poké Ball and leapt in the way of the Rock Blast, bravely defending its trainer and saving his life, but sadly, that single hit was enough to knock out Pidgeot. Blue grabbed Gyarados’ Poké Ball and sent it out – there was no time to waste!

Blue's Team: Charizard, Pidgeot, Exeggcute, Alakazam, Gyarados, Rhyhorn
    Blue’s Box: Metapod, Beedrill, Meowth, Bellsprout, Grimer, Aerodactyl
    Blue's Pokédex: 23 Caught, 85 Seen
    Blue’s Badges: 7

Blog Entries

Wow, this gym battle is already setting itself up to be epic. Great chapter!
    "Isn't Lady Gaga one of the Gym Leaders in Black & White?"
    Hopefully I'll be making some... projects that you guys will find out about soon.

Blog Entries

Why did Blue take this job if he was almost killed in this same Gym? Giovanni is even crazier than Blaine.

Blog Entries

wanna kill him?
    My 3ds FC: 0018 2172 7225 Safari: Rock Feel free to add me! I can only get on wifi maybe once a week at most though!
    my stats[/SIZE]|ranger

Page 26 of 60 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)