Rival's Story - Page 25

Page 25 of 60 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Rival's Story

Rev
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Rival's Story

Blaine is such a Mad Hatter! He is crazy, I'm looking forward to find out what happens :D.
    White~1248 9177 2603~White
    Platinum~0604 5276 0111~Platinum

~My RNG babies and captures~

Blog Entries

Wow, reading through all of this in one day was tough. That said, I really love this story. Your characterization of Blue, Red, the Gym Leaders, and even the various other characters is really amazing. The whole Red learning not to be a jerk to Eevee seemed a little quick since it was Eevee's second appearance, but it still worked well.

So far the Sabrina battle was my favorite (although the battle against Koga was pretty epic too). That said, this battle against Blaine is really crazy (pun only semi-intended). Your characterization of Blaine is non-traditional, but that's kind of the point isn't it? lol. But yeah. Epic fanfic. Keep up the good work!
    "Isn't Lady Gaga one of the Gym Leaders in Black & White?"
    Hopefully I'll be making some... projects that you guys will find out about soon.

Let's get funky! Gama's Avatar Former Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iteru View Post
    This isn't by any chance a subtle reference to the glitch where a man would appear on the roof of the Cinnabar Gym, is it?

Regardless, great chapter again. Blaine is my favourite gym leader so far :P
    Ahaha, well spotted.

Also, Kick, I have one word for you - congratulations! I can't believe you actually read the whole thing in one go, I'm seriously impressed, it's about 80,000 words at the moment, which is the size of an ordinary novel. Thank you very much, it's a huge compliment that you're interested enough to do that. Anyway, here's the next chapter:

Chapter 63

Blaine sat motionlessly on his seat and Blue waited for him to move, but it was as if he was there on his own. Rhyhorn looked to Blue uncertainly, it appeared even his Pokémon was becoming impatient.

“Hello?” checked Blue, trying to see if the Gym Leader was still alive.
    “Hello!” responded Blaine heartily.

Blue paused, waiting for Blaine to sent out his next Pokémon, but the man remained motionless.

“Are you going to send out your next Pokémon?” enquired Blue.
    “Aha!” shouted Blaine, “A challenger!”
    “What?” snapped Blue in disbelief, this battle was becoming very tiring.

Blaine looked around, then his gaze fixed on his unconscious Magmar and Ponyta.

“Oh, hum, let’s see,” muttered Blaine to himself, going through the large pockets on his lab coat, eventually producing Ponyta’s Poké Ball, “This one goes in here, I think...”

Blaine pointed Ponyta’s Poké Ball at the unconscious Pokémon and withdrew it.

“Right, yes, that’s right, but what about Magmar?” postulated Blaine to himself, while returning Ponyta’s Poké Ball to his pocket, “Yes, yes, a Revive somewhere, I think, that should do it.”
    “Hurry up!” demanded Blue, outraged at the man’s stalling tactics.

Blaine pulled an object shaped like a yellow diamond out of one of his pockets.

“This should sort Magmar out, I think,” muttered the old man.
    “Hey!” objected Blue, “You can’t stall sending out your next Pokémon just so you can use a Revive! That’s not fair!”
    “Fair? Fair!” shouted Blaine in shock, sticking the Revive back into his pocket, “Yes I suppose it isn’t much fair, is it? Is it fair? Alright, I’ll just get on with it!”

Blaine walked over to Magmar’s unconscious body and dragged it onto the reinforced chair.

“Yes, yes, now Magmar is quite safe,” announced Blaine.

Blaine then began trifling around in his lab coat again and produced a Poké Ball.

“Rapidash, I think,” commented Blaine, sending out the Pokémon.

Unfortunately he was wrong and he instead sent out an unconscious Ponyta.

“Get on with it or I’ll just take a Volcano Badge!” growled Blue.

Blaine withdrew Ponyta and sent out another Pokémon, Growlithe, a Pokémon that Blue had seen for the first time under the ownership of Red.

“Oh no!” exclaimed Blaine, “I meant to send out Rapidash, you’ll have to hold on for just one minute...”

Blue didn’t even reply to this comment.

“Earthquake!” yelled Blue, “Kill it!”

Obviously Blue did not actually intend for Rhyhorn to kill Growlithe, but he wouldn’t have been too torn up if it had. The ground of the Gym rumbled and made a gigantic noise, following which, Growlithe immediately fell to the ground, unconscious.

“Flame Wheel!” ordered Blaine.

Blue paused, unsure what to make of the man.

“Get up you lazy dog!” cursed Blaine, “I said Flame Wheel!”

Blue stared at Blaine in confusion, he appeared to be nothing without Magmar – he was a joke.

“I think it’s been knocked out,” suggested Blue, “Maybe you should return it to its Poké Ball?”
    “Yes!” exclaimed Blaine suddenly, “Of course I’m going to return it to its Poké Ball – that’s where it goes! Anyway, Magmar, what do you think?”

Blaine moved his face right up to Magmar’s unconscious body. Blue wasn’t sure how much more of this he could take. Then he remembered the Scientist – a gentleman battler he had called himself and Blue had admired him for it. Blue thought about this battle, how much of a gentleman would he be if he beat Blaine without the help of the real brains of the operation? He wanted to boast a fair victory. Anyway, how much damage would Blaine be able to do to Rhyhorn with Fire types? Not much probably.

“Maybe you should give Magmar that Revive you had earlier,” suggested Blue.
    “Oh ho!” shouted Blaine at a totally unnecessary volume and produced what appeared to be a Max Revive from one of his pockets.

Blaine forced the item on Magmar, who woke up, suddenly revitalised.

“Rapidash!” boomed Blaine at the top of his voice, sending out his third Pokémon.

The Poké Ball exploded to reveal the fiery unicorn Pokémon. Magmar sneered at Blue, it seemed much more intelligent than the average Pokémon, Blue had never seen a Pokémon hold a genuine grudge before. Magmar was sure to stay on Blaine’s chair this time.

“Earthquake!” commanded Blue, certain that he could take out the rest of Blaine’s Pokémon with this tactic.

Magmar roared in response and Rapidash flew into the air as the Earthquake technique caused the entire Gym to vibrate.

“Wh-what?!” stammered Blue in disbelief.
    “Bounce!” shouted Blaine, “It’s in the air!”

Seconds later, Rapidash came plummeting down at an incredible speed and ended up stomping its front two hooves on Rhyhorn’s head. Rhyhorn seemed considerably dazed and confused by the onslaught and was unable to react for a moment.

“Come on!” yelled Blue, “Come on and use Earthquake!”

It was too late though, Rapidash was in the air again. Blue wasn’t sure if it could take another Bounce attack.

“Rock Blast!” shouted Blue desperately, “Wait for it to come down and hit it before it hits you!”

Sadly, this did not work either, Rapidash came down again and landed on Rhyhorn before it had a chance to fire even one rock. As luck would have it, Rhyhorn maintained consciousness after this hit and was even able to execute a Rock Blast attack, unfortunately though, it was totally inaccurate, firing three rocks around the room. The first flew backwards, Blue ducked to avoid it, the second hit a wall and the third flew directly for Magmar who smacked it with its fist, shattering the rock. As the pieces of rock flew around the room, Blue noticed that Magmar’s fist had lit up with electricity – Thunder Punch, Blue knew of only one reason why Magmar would use that particular move – to show off. Blue was not looking forward to battling Magmar, he was already regretting allowing Blaine to Revive it.

Just as its pre-evolution had done before it, Rapidash began using Agility, it wasn’t about to let Rhyhorn hit it with a Rock Blast. Rhyhorn tried to keep up with the Fire type, but it simply wasn’t quick enough, Rapidash hit it with a merciless Stomp and Rhyhorn was knocked out.

‘You did well, Rhyhorn,’ thought Blue to himself, withdrawing the newest member of his team to its Poké Ball.

He thought over who to use next, he had four Pokémon remaining. Exeggcute was obviously not an option, so that just left Charizard, Pidgeot and Alakazam, the three oldest members of his team. Blue decided that Pidgeot would be the best option to counter Rapidash’s Bounce, hopefully it’d be able to hit the unicorn while in the air. Blue threw out the appropriate Poké Ball and Pidgeot exploded out, shrieking its familiar battle cry.

“Pidgeot!” announced Blaine proudly.
    “Well done,” commented Blue sarcastically.

Magmar snorted a thick, black cloud of smoky disgust and signalled for Rapidash to attack. Rapidash began to jump.

“Fly!” ordered Blue

Pidgeot just had to stay in the air a few seconds longer than Rapidash and it’d be able to avoid its opponent’s attack while landing its own successfully. Pidgeot obediently flew up into the air, preparing for a Fly attack, but, to Blue’s surprise, Rapidash did not rocket into the air as it had done against Rhyhorn – its jump was actually very small. Magmar laughed and roared something, following which Rapidash used Bounce and burst into the air.

Blue cursed as he realised that he had walked straight into Magmar’s trap! Magmar had wanted him to think he’d be able to outmanoeuvre Rapidash by using Fly, but it was just a bluff so that Rapidash would be able to outmanoeuvre Pidgeot!

“Stop!” yelled Blue, urging Pidgeot to wait in the air a little longer.

Sadly, it was too late, Pidgeot had already begun its descent. Confused by its master’s contradictory order, it slowed its plummet and tried to think over what Blue wanted it to do, but this moment of uncertainty just made the situation even worse. Rapidash landed on Pidgeot while it was still in mid air and pushed its powerful hooves into the back of Pidgeot’s head, forcing the bird Pokémon to the floor. If Blue had not given Pidgeot the confusing order that he had, the two Pokémon would not have come into contact with each other until Pidgeot was safely on the floor and the attack would have given Pidgeot a considerable amount less damage. Magmar snickered.

“Shut up!” yelled Blue to Magmar, then turning to Pidgeot, he continued “Get moving, Pidgeot! Get up and just hit it with a Wing Attack!”

Magmar roared in response to this. Rapidash kept its eyes on Pidgeot, but didn’t make any effort to attack. Blue was curious, but refused to let up.

“Underground, over ground, wombling free,” sang Blaine, apparently to himself, he then sighed wistfully and continued in a relatively normal tone, “Those were the days!”

Blue didn’t stop for even one moment to contemplate what days Blaine could be talking about.

Pidgeot eventually managed to bring itself to its feet and swing its wing violently towards its foe, but the Wing Attack never made contact. Well, it never made contact with its intended target, it instead made contact with Rapidash’s long horn – which the unicorn had intentionally moved into the way. The horn went right the way through Pidgeot’s wing, causing it to faint from a combination of the shock and pain.

“Hey!” yelled Blue, “That was unfair!”
    “Yes!” piped Blaine, “That was a good move!”
    “No!” objected Blue, “You can’t injure my Pokémon like that!”

Blue expected that it was perfectly alright to injure Pidgeot like that, Misty had chipped Rattata’s tooth after all. Blue inspected the wound, it wasn’t serious, it only went through a very thin part of Pidgeot’s wing, it was sure to heal over in no time, particularly with the help of the staff at the Pokémon Center. Blue returned Pidgeot to its Poké Ball – it was time to step his game up. Blue sent out Alakazam, confident that the Psi Pokémon would not fall into the same trap as it did not have to move whatsoever.

“Psychic!” ordered Blue.

Magmar roared again and Rapidash Bounced into the air, but Blue was prepared for this, Alakazam’s Psychic attack missed – but that was all part of the plan.

“Teleport!” yelled Blue when Rapidash was half a second away from landing on Alakazam.

Alakazam Teleported to the other side of the room and Rapidash crashed into the floor. The dazed and confused Fire type took a few moments to get its bearings and pick itself up, but it was too slow.

“Psychic!” ordered Blue again.

This time it hit and Rapidash was knocked to the floor again. Blue was not about to show mercy, he had Alakazam hit Rapidash with Psychic after Psychic until it could take no more and collapsed. Magmar turned to Blaine and roared.

“Hm?” questioned Blaine, looking straight at Magmar.

Magmar continued to shout and pointed at Rapidash.

“What have you done with Rapidash, Magmar?” chided Blaine, “And look! Now we have a challenger!”

Magmar gesticulated with frustration, clearly in a vain attempt to explain what was happening to Blaine. Blaine eventually withdrew Rapidash and produced three other Poké Balls from his large pocket.

“Now, which Pokémon shall we use?” asked Blaine.

Magmar angrily snatched one of the Poké Balls from Blaine’s hand and sent out a ferocious looking Arcanine which roared and sent a jet of fire to the roof of the Gym. The Pokémon’s body was enormous, it was clearly much more powerful than Rapidash – this battle was far from over.

Blue's Team: Charizard, Pidgeot, Exeggcute, Alakazam, Gyarados, Rhyhorn
    Blue’s Box: Metapod, Beedrill, Meowth, Bellsprout, Grimer, Aerodactyl
    Blue's Pokédex: 23 Caught, 85 Seen
    Blue’s Badges: 6

Blog Entries

great stoy!!
    My 3ds FC: 0018 2172 7225 Safari: Rock Feel free to add me! I can only get on wifi maybe once a week at most though!
    my stats[/SIZE]|ranger

Blog Entries

Holy crud, Wombles!

Blog Entries

Great chapter.

And look, we have a challenger!
    Hopefully I'll be making some... projects that you guys will find out about soon.

Blog Entries

Loookie here, a challenger!

I've just read the first few and last few chapters. There are like tons of improvement when you compare them and crazy!Blaine is just plain awesome.

A lone detective takes it upon himself to solve the murder of a young woman, willingly diving into the dangerous web of conspiracies weaved by the feuding mafia families. But after the truth is uncovered, will that city of sin be the same ever again?

How do I used tense? SSJ3_Raditz's Avatar

Oho! A new fanfic! I have never seen one like this before...and look at the idea! The story of the rival character!

Good job. I like the idea of this fanfic. Before I read it I thought it might be pretty generic, but I was completely wrong.

I'll be reading. This fic has a future!

lol

Let's get funky! Gama's Avatar Former Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aladar View Post
    Loookie here, a challenger!

I've just read the first few and last few chapters. There are like tons of improvement when you compare them and crazy!Blaine is just plain awesome.
    Oh wow, thank you very much, you know, it's really hard to see improvement in your own work, so it means a lot when someone points it out - thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by SSJ3_Raditz View Post
    Oho! A new fanfic! I have never seen one like this before...and look at the idea! The story of the rival character!

Good job. I like the idea of this fanfic. Before I read it I thought it might be pretty generic, but I was completely wrong.

I'll be reading. This fic has a future!

lol
    This seriously confused me so much, I had to read it like three times before I was finally like "Ahhh, I see what you're doing there!"

Anyway, time for some Blue on Blaine action.

Chapter 64

Blue was confident that between Alakazam, Charizard and Exeggcute he’d be able to defeat Blaine’s Arcanine, but he was less confident about also beating Magmar – the Pokémon appeared to be the brains of the operation, if it had brawns as well, it’d be virtually unbeatable. But that didn’t matter right now, Blue had to be in the moment – he had to give his all to defeating Arcanine, as for defeating Magmar, well, he’d cross that bridge when he came to it.

“Psychic!” ordered Blue, unsure of what else Alakazam could do to take down Arcanine.

Magmar gave its familiar roar in response, ordering Arcanine into action.

“Oh!” exclaimed Blaine, “So you’ve started without me, I see! Don’t get too keen, Magmar!”

Magmar completely ignored this comment. Alakazam managed to hit Arcanine with a Psychic attack, thanks to its superior speed, but less than a second after the canine Pokémon began dashing towards Alakazam and closed its teeth on its arm. Blue was thankful of a few things – firstly that the attack was clearly Bite and not Crunch, which would have been far more deadly, but also that the attack did not land on Alakazam’s large head – the centre of operations. Still, for all that he was thankful for, he was also very unthankful that Blaine’s Arcanine possessed a physically based Dark type move – he’d probably take Alakazam out in seconds if Blue didn’t do something about it. Blue thought about the attacks Alakazam was currently capable of using… Psychic, Shock Wave, Future Sight and Recover. Although Arcanine’s Bite dealt Alakazam a lot of damage, Blue noted that it took away less than half of his full HP and that was what he based his plan on.

“Future Sight!” ordered Blue.

Blue was a little ashamed of this plan, but he knew it’d work. Alakazam focused for a moment and Blue thought back to when Sabrina, one of the toughest Gym Leaders that he had faced, had used this very attack against him – it had caught him completely by surprise, he wondered if Magmar would be just as surprised as he had been.

While Blue was thinking, Arcanine, under Magmar’s instructions, dived in towards Alakazam and hit it with another Bite attack. Fortunately though, Alakazam had already launched the Future Sight attack – it’d be back soon. Now for the second part of Blue’s cowardly plan for Alakazam to beat Arcanine in spite of its type disadvantage.

“Recover!” ordered Blue.

Alakazam focused again and recovered half of its health, following which Arcanine used Bite again. Between the two attacks though, Alakazam was actually on higher health than it had been the previous turn – the plan was working to perfection.

“You go, Magmar!” cheered Blaine, “That Arcanine’s not gonna know what hit him! Though, I can’t say I remember getting an Alakazam – where did that old fellow come from?”

Again, Magmar simply ignored Blaine’s ridiculous comments and ordered a further Bite attack. The battle started to go in a bit of a loop, Arcanine used Bite, Alakazam used Recover and Alakazam winded up on higher health than it had been before the last Bite attack – everything was going according to plan.

“Magmar!” cried Blaine desperately all of a sudden, “It’s dark and I’m wearing sunglasses, should I hit it?”

Blue had no idea what the man was talking about, in fact, he barely heard, he had learnt to ignore him and focus on the battle at hand. Alakazam continued to grow in health and Arcanine continued to Bite it until suddenly, the Future Sight attack hit and Arcanine was hit backwards!

“Future Sight again!” ordered Blue, taking advantage of Arcanine’s moment of weakness.

Arcanine managed to pull itself to its feet and began dashing towards Alakazam.

“Recover!” yelled Blue.

Alakazam was able to successfully get a Recover in before Arcanine landed another Bite – it looked like this battle was in the bag. Then, something horrible happened. Arcanine used Bite again and Alakazam flinched! Arcanine was able to land a second Bite attack and against all the odds, Alakazam flinched again – it was all over, Alakazam fainted.

“What’s wrong with you?” cursed Blue.

Blue instantly regretted reprimanding his faithful Alakazam for something that was clearly not its fault and, as he was returning it to its Poké Ball, whispered how sorry he was and vowed to make it up to it – just like he had after his battle with Surge. Blue knew Exeggcute wasn’t an option, so he grabbed Charizard’s Poké Ball, praying that his starter would be powerful enough to defeat both Arcanine and Magmar, but at the same time doubting it. Blue threw down the appropriate Poké Ball and Charizard burst out with a terrifying roar.

“That’s quite the Charizard,” complimented Blaine, “Did you know that I have a Rapidash? It’s quite the Pokémon really!”

Once again, Blue completely ignored Blaine and pressed on.

“Fly!” ordered Blue.

Magmar roared in response.

Arcanine dived forwards, according to Magmar’s commands and used Bite on Charizard as it began to Fly up to the top of the room. Arcanine roared in frustration while Charizard was at the roof, eager to Bite its foe again. Blue didn’t just choose the move Fly because Arcanine would be resistant to Charizard’s other moves – he also wanted to waste time to try and hurry up Arcanine being hit by Alakazam’s Future Sight attack.

Seconds later, Charizard came bursting out of the sky and hit Arcanine with an awesomely powerful Fly attack, knocking the canine Pokémon across the room. Not only was Fly more powerful than Bite, but Charizard also got a same typed attack boost for using Fly as it was a Flying type move and Charizard was a Flying type Pokémon, the attack did a huge amount of damage. On top of that, Arcanine was immediately hit by Alakazam’s Future Sight attack – the plan worked to perfection.

Unfortunately it wasn’t over yet, Arcanine had not fainted and, under Magmar’s instructions, got to its feet and charged for Charizard once again, but this time, rather than stopping and using Bite, Arcanine kept going and crashed into Charizard at full force – a Take Down attack! The attack did a lot more damage than the previous Bite attack had, it appeared the only disadvantage to this attack was that it also dealt a small amount of damage to Arcanine itself.

Blue was in shock for a moment over just how powerful this attack was and hesitated before ordering another Fly attack, in which time Arcanine managed to land another Bite – causing Charizard to flinch!

“Damn you!” cursed Blue, furious at Arcanine.

Blue had a sudden revelation at this point, there was no point in wasting time any more, so he may as well use Slash, Arcanine was already on low health from the combined force of Alakazam’s Future Sight and Charizard’s Fly, its own Take Down attack had left it with a pitiful amount of health – his best bet was surely Slash. However, before Charizard could land its Slash attack, Arcanine managed to hit it with another Take Down attack!

The force of the Take Down was too much, Charizard could not stand the onslaught of attacks and fainted. However, to Blue’s delight, Arcanine also fainted from the recoil damage – it appeared neither Pokémon could take the stress any more. It didn’t matter though, now Blue was going to lose, there was no way Exeggcute could take on Magmar.

“Magmar,” addressed Blaine, unable to hide his giddy grin, “You know what to do!”

Magmar nodded and began to step towards Blue. Blue thought that with a Light Screen and a Toxic, he might be able to defeat Magmar if he was really, really lucky. He then remembered that he had forgotten to teach Exeggcute Toxic and vowed to do so as soon as he was finished in this Gym. Blue placed his hand on Exeggcute’s Poké Ball and Magmar reached Blue. Magmar gave out a submissive roar and held out its hand, presenting Blue with a Volcano Badge.

“Wh- what?” stammered Blue in confusion.
    “You won the Badge, kid!” shouted Blaine, “Oh, were you not a challenger?”
    “No, I was, I just thought that Magmar-” blundered Blue before being interrupted by Blaine.
    “Oh,” responded Blaine, “Magmar doesn’t battle, he’s just a trophy Pokémon, he’s my buddy! Magmar’s the brains of the operation – he doesn’t get his hands dirty, do ya, buddy?”

Magmar nodded solemnly and gestured more fiercely for Blue to take the Badge. Blue took the Badge from Magmar’s hand and immediately dropped it as it was astoundingly hot. After letting it cool for a few seconds, Blue picked up the Volcano Badge and left Cinnabar Gym, unable to contain his excitement that he had only one Badge left to obtain.

Blue's Team: Charizard, Pidgeot, Exeggcute, Alakazam, Gyarados, Rhyhorn
    Blue’s Box: Metapod, Beedrill, Meowth, Bellsprout, Grimer, Aerodactyl
    Blue's Pokédex: 23 Caught, 85 Seen
    Blue’s Badges: 7

Lolz at Magmar.

Anyways, great chapter!

Blog Entries

Now for Giovanni...any chance Silver will be making any appearances near the Gym, running off when his dad's defeated for the first time? Or will Blue merely steal the badge due to the lack of Gym Leader and engrave his name into the statues?

Quote Originally Posted by Instrutilus View Post
    Now for Giovanni...any chance Silver will be making any appearances near the Gym, running off when his dad's defeated for the first time? Or will Blue merely steal the badge due to the lack of Gym Leader and engrave his name into the statues?
    I expect the latter.

Blog Entries

Great twist! Looking forward to the next chapter.

Blog Entries

Volcano Badge obtained! I liked how Blue beat Arcanine.

That just leaves one gym badge, the elite four, and the "tragedy." It's only getting more intense from here.

Blog Entries

Wow you are a awsome writer. I hope one day I would be able to write exacaly like you.

Page 25 of 60 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)