Rival's Story - Page 12

Page 12 of 60 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Rival's Story

Is Golden. The Golden Tyranitar's Avatar
    Sitting in an armchair in a quiet library in Driftveil City.
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Rival's Story

Almost certainly b).The Red battles grip me in a way no other chapter can.I still love the other chapters though.
    Oh,and congrats on the 52,000 word novel thing!

Blog Entries

When you first mentioned "bad news" I was thinking "Crap, no more Rival's Story".
    Glad that wasn't the case.

I prefer the Gym Battles, I like how the leaders can wind Blue up.

so i herd u liek treakos? Kimori-Hinoarashi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Is there going to be a Kadabra Vs. Kadabra battle? Or does Sabrina only have one?
    Read my Fanfic! Chapter 30 posted! A Legendary Journey is now on indefinite hiatus, but I am starting a new fic in Unova called eNsnared.

Thanks to cledispop for my Avatar!

Let's get funky! Gama's Avatar Former Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kimori-Hinoarashi View Post
    Is there going to be a Kadabra Vs. Kadabra battle? Or does Sabrina only have one?
    Unfortunately Sabrina only has one Kadabra. In the original draft, the two Kadabras did duke it out, but I realised Blue's Kadabra wouldn't really stand much of a chance, having an obvious level disadvantage, it would know Shock Wave, but I don't really know how that would help. Anyway, Sabrina's Pokemon are Kadabra, Mr. Mime, Venomoth and Alakazam. New chapter tomorrow.

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Finally.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Blog Entries

As promised, here is another chapter, folks.

Enjoy!

Chapter 31

Sabrina looked at Blue intently for a moment. She appeared to be trying to read further into his mind.

“Charmeleon and Kadabra,” she stated, “Those are good Pokémon, congratulations on catching them. Why do you only carry four Pokémon when you have four in the box?”

Blue was furious. Firstly he was furious at the fact that the woman knew exactly what Pokémon he was yet to send out. He was also furious that she had questioned his judgement as a Trainer.

“I see,” responded Sabrina, “They didn’t make the cut. That makes sense. I’m the same myself, I carry four Pokémon but I own many, many more.”

Blue was relieved and calmed down, perhaps she was not questioning his judgement as a Trainer, but approving of it?

“That is exactly correct,” said Sabrina, almost smiling.
    “Hurry up,” snapped Blue, refusing to take the compliment.

Sabrina nodded and threw out another Poké Ball, this one exploded revealing the clownish Pokémon known as Mr. Mime. Blue doubted that this Pokémon would be as much trouble as Kadabra and suspected that Gyarados’ Bite would be enough to take it out. Not only that, but in the time Sabrina had taken to select her next Pokémon Gyarados had recovered from its confusion, there wasn’t even a risk in using Bite now – things were starting to turn around for Blue.

“Bite!” yelled Blue.

As with Kadabra, Sabrina did not vocally order her Pokémon, but, just like with Kadabra, it appeared she had telepathically given Mr. Mime an order. As Gyarados dived towards Mr. Mime in order to Bite it a Barrier of light appeared, which Gyarados crashed into and consequently the serpent did not reach its target.

Blue was gobsmacked. He knew what attack this was – Barrier. However, Barrier usually only served to slow down physical attacks and therefore render them less effective not stop an attack altogether. Blue conceded that it was partly shock on Gyarados’ part that had caused it to be more effective, but even then it should not have been that powerful.

“My Mr. Mime’s Barrier is of exceptional strength,” stated Sabrina emotionlessly, “Fortunately for you Mr. Mime has minimal attacking power and is much more susceptible to special attacks than Kadabra so it is far from invincible as a result of this wall.”

Blue was cautiously optimistic, this did sound like good news but he couldn’t understand why Sabrina would willingly tell him her Pokémon’s weaknesses.

“This is why,” responded Sabrina with a smile.

Mr. Mime suddenly turned to Sabrina and held its hand out, causing its Poké Ball to come flying off of Sabrina’s belt and into its large, right hand. To Blue’s surprise, Mr. Mime then proceeded to return itself into its own Poké Ball, a feat he had never seen another Pokémon achieve. More worrying though was the fact that its invincible Barrier for some reason remained.

“It’s called Baton Pass,” explained Sabrina, as Mr. Mime’s Poké Ball flew to her belt with Mr. Mime inside of it, “A Pokémon voluntarily retreats into its own Poké Ball and switches with a partner, leaving all of its stat changes, including Barrier, on the field, allowing the Trainer, in this case me, to choose another Pokémon to benefit from said stat changes. Beautiful, don’t you think?”

Sabrina put her hand to her belt and grabbed her third Pokémon, as the Poké Ball hit the ground, Blue groaned, knowing that this battle was definitely not going to be easy. The Pokémon appeared to be a larger Kadabra, without a star on its head or a tail and possessing an extra spoon, Blue instantly identified this Pokémon as Kadabra’s evolved form, Alakazam. Blue had only been able to beat Kadabra by using Bite against it and now it appeared that against a more powerful version of Kadabra, Bite was going to be ineffective. Things weren’t looking good.

Blue thought about switching Pokémon, but he wondered what good that would do. His options were Charmeleon and Kadabra. Charmeleon would probably be useless and certainly bore no advantage that Gyarados did not. Kadabra though was an interesting option, although his Pokémon was less evolved and less experienced than Sabrina’s, so the chances of it succeeding were minimal. On the other hand, he was getting nowhere with Gyarados after all, but then Blue thought of a new plan.

“Gyarados!” cried Blue, “Surf!”

Surf, being a special move rather than a physical crashed straight through the Barrier completely unheeded. The water was unlikely to do a lot of damage to Alakazam, but it would do some and that was all that was important. Or so Blue told himself anyway. Sabrina had a look of intense concentration on her face and Alakazam Teleported out of the way of the technique at the last possible second.

“Now!” snapped Blue, not bothering to say what he wanted Gyarados to do now.

The reason Blue didn’t shout out his order was because he wanted to think it as little as possible. The reason he had told himself that hitting Alakazam with multiple Surf attacks was all he needed to do was because he wanted Sabrina to think that that was what he was thinking. He knew he wouldn’t be able to hide his thoughts from her for long, but he was able to do it for long enough. Blue was able to tempt Alakazam out of the safety of its Barrier shield where it would be susceptible to a Bite attack from Gyarados. Blue didn’t need to order this out loud because he knew that all Gyarados instinctively Bite so if he simply told Gyarados to act, the action it would take would be to Bite and everything went according to plan. Gyarados landed a deadly Bite attack on Alakazam before it had a chance to use Teleport again.

It wasn’t long before Alakazam Teleported back into the safety of its Barrier force field and Gyarados was not able to land another Bite before it did so but Blue wasn’t worried. That force field could only stay up for so long and since Alakazam was not capable of creating it, Sabrina would either have to let it die down or switch back to Mr. Mime. Both of these actions would give Gyarados an opportunity to KO one of her Pokémon.

“That’s sweet,” stated Sabrina, “Although I’m a little offended you think so little of me and I’m a little disappointed that you would fall for the same trick twice.”

Blue looked to the arena in confusion as Gyarados was knocked to the ground unconscious, having been hit by a Future Sight attack.

“That’s 2-1, Blue,” stated Sabrina, “I can’t wait for what’s coming next.”

Blue's Team: Charmeleon, Pidgeotto, Kadabra, Gyarados
    Blue’s Box: Metapod, Beedrill, Meowth, Bellsprout
    Blue's Pokédex: 16 Caught, 61 Seen
    Blue’s Badges: 3

Blog Entries

Sabrina is definetly my favourite gym leader so far in your fic.

When do you reckon you will post the next chapter? *impatient*

Blog Entries

Future sight?

Dude, awesome! I love finishing battles with that!

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Blog Entries

Gym battles, to answer your vote thing. I'm not too much for Red battles, but it's hard to choose between others. It's a matchup between Awesome/Funny.

Also, Sabrina is awesome.

Definitely the best leader so far, I can't wait for more!
    Swampert_rox

Thanks to Emi-chan and Blazaking EX for the banner!

Blog Entries

Poor Blue. He'll probably have to have a rematch.
    Read my Fanfic! Chapter 30 posted! A Legendary Journey is now on indefinite hiatus, but I am starting a new fic in Unova called eNsnared.

Blog Entries

Hello people! Thanks for all the responses - here is another chapter:

Chapter 32

Blue was definitely in a tight spot now, Gyarados had been his only hope of victory against Sabrina’s Psychic beasts, now it was hopeless.

“Don’t be so defeatist!” snapped Sabrina in a rage, her eyes glowed a faint red, “Send out your next Pokémon!”

Blue thought about his remaining Pokémon, Charmeleon and Kadabra. He had already thought about switching out to one of them when he was using Gyarados to battle, but in the end, he had not done it. He had already deduced that Charmeleon would no doubt fare worse than Gyarados had and that Kadabra didn’t stand a chance of outdoing its own evolved form. Then Blue realised that perhaps it did stand a chance of defeating its own evolved form if he used his Kadabra’s advantage to the fullest – Shock Wave.

Blue sent out Kadabra and immediately ordered it to use Shock Wave. Blue knew that if he used this move enough times he’d be able to take out Sabrina’s Alakazam as it was already weakened. Alakazam would probably Teleport out of the way of the attack, just as it and Sabrina’s Kadabra had done with previous attacks but since Shock Wave homed in on its target, there would be no escaping it. Alakazam stood still as it had against its previous opponent and Blue supposed it was using Future Sight or simply preparing to dodge an attack. Kadabra pointed its spoon threateningly towards its evolutionary cousin and let out a sphere of electricity from the end of it. The Shock Wave flew out towards Alakazam and burst straight through the Barrier shield without even slowing down but, as Blue expected, Alakazam Teleported out of the way.

However, also as Blue had expected, rather than carrying on and missing, the Shock Wave attack did an about turn and attempted to hit Alakazam in its new location but once again, Alakazam Teleported out of the way. While Alakazam Teleported out of the way repeatedly, Kadabra launched several more Shock Waves attacks, resulting in Alakazam having a harder and harder time dodging them. Blue looked to Sabrina with a smirk on his face, she stared back at him with a look of intense concentration on her face. She was struggling.

“Thank you, Blue,” she stated after a long pause.
    “What?” exclaimed Blue in outraged confusion, “Thank you for what?”
    “For helping me find a way out of this,” explained Sabrina, “You were in this exact situation when you took on Surge and you managed to get out of it. Therefore if I employ the same tactic that you used against him, I stand a pretty good chance of beating your Kadabra. I apologise for the delay, it takes me a bit longer to access memories that aren’t actually on your mind.”

Blue was now furious, it wasn’t enough that she was using her telekinesis to read his mind and therefore find out what his tactics are but now she was using it to get pointers on how to battle from him. Sabrina wasn’t a real Trainer at all, her talent was based entirely in her telekinetic prowess.

“Incorrect,” stated Sabrina, “If that were true, you would still be beating me very easily.”
    “Yeah, well-” began Blue, unsure of what his comeback was going to be.
    “You have nothing to say to that Blue,” snapped Sabrina, “Now stop complaining about how unfair this battle is and put your head into it. Maybe if you focused you could win.”

Blue detested how helpful this woman was being, where was the animosity in this Gym battle? Blue’s favourite Leader was still Surge, that man was a shining example of what a Gym Leader should be.

Sabrina did then proceed to use the exact same tactic that Blue had used against Surge against Blue. Alakazam Teleported out of the way of the line of Shock Waves that were now following it around and began Teleporting in front of Kadabra, in an effort to make the Shock Waves hit Kadabra instead of Alakazam. Fortunately, Blue knew that the key difference between this battle and his with Surge was that Kadabra could also Teleport. Blue ordered Kadabra to also Teleport out of the way of the Shock Waves and simply keep its distance from Alakazam, firing new Shock Wave attacks as soon as the opportunity presented itself. Blue noticed the Shock Waves forming a line just as they had when he had battled Surge and he realised that whichever Pokémon got hit by one first was going to be hit by all of them. Blue was seriously concerned, if it was Kadabra who was hit he could pretty much say goodbye to any hope he had remaining of winning a Badge here and even if it was Alakazam, he was by no means guaranteed a Badge – he’d still have to take out Mr. Mime and Sabrina’s one remaining mystery Pokémon.

“You should be worried, Blue,” stated Sabrina coldly, “This is a high risk tactic for both of us. The winner will win by good luck rather than skill.”
    “You know who’s going to win already, don’t you?” challenged Blue.
    “Yes,” replied Sabrina, “But I’m not going to tell you, so you should really pay attention now.”

Blue looked back to the arena and saw Alakazam Teleport out of the way of the line of Shock Waves again, just as Kadabra was preparing to launch another one. Alakazam Teleported in front of Kadabra as it had been doing since the smaller Pokémon had first started this chain of Shock Waves. However this time was different, this time, Kadabra launched a Shock Wave at the same time that Alakazam Teleported in front of it, giving its opponent a small shock and minimal damage, but keeping it stationary for long enough for every Shock Wave attack to hit it and causing Alakazam to faint.

Blue was ecstatic, he had managed to take out one of Sabrina’s toughest Pokémon, or at least he hoped it was one of Sabrina’s toughest because he knew he wouldn’t be able to take out something stronger than that with just Charmeleon and Kadabra remaining.

“Actually,” said Sabrina calmly, in response to Blue’s thoughts, “Alakazam is my most powerful Pokémon of all, but you are not out of the woods yet.”

Sabrina grabbed another Poké Ball from her belt with a superior smile on her face, but Blue knew what it was. Blue had kept an eye on Mr. Mime’s Poké Ball so that he could know what Pokémon was going to come out of the Poké Ball next and this time it was Mr. Mime.

“Shock Wave!” ordered Blue before Mr. Mime had even emerged from its Poké Ball.

As soon as Mr. Mime came out of its Poké Ball, it was hit by a Shock Wave which left it dazed and confused. Blue took advantage of this confusion and had Kadabra repeatedly hit Mr. Mime with Shock Wave attacks without giving the clownish Pokémon a chance to respond or evade. Predictably, Mr. Mime soon fainted. Sabrina nonchalantly withdrew her fainted Pokémon to its Poké Ball, it was as if she knew that was going to happen. In fact, she did know that was going to happen.

“Come on, lady,” heckled Blue, becoming more confident, “Hurry up and send out this last one so I can get my Badge!”

Blue's Team: Charmeleon, Pidgeotto, Kadabra, Gyarados
    Blue’s Box: Metapod, Beedrill, Meowth, Bellsprout
    Blue's Pokédex: 16 Caught, 61 Seen
    Blue’s Badges: 3

As good as always, I can't wait for the next.
    Swampert_rox

Thanks to Emi-chan and Blazaking EX for the banner!

Blog Entries

Good job on that one. I knew that Alakazam would use Teleport, but I didn't think that Blue would figure it out in time.

Blog Entries

ha. That was genius. I'm loving this battle.

Page 12 of 60 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)