EVERYONE: A Queen Of Snow

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Queen Of Snow

I feel so much spring... Cabaret's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default A Queen Of Snow

Alright, I've worked long and hard on this and I am pleased to finally have finished. I also posted this on my fanfiction.net account. Please reveiw, I don't know if it's any good or not...also, the format is not my fault, it was all fine and dandy until I copied and pasted it.

A Queen of the Snow

Glaceon was a pokemon, and looked like a snow queen. She spent her days on Route 217. She would hide, covered with snow.

An interesting creature, as they go...

The weather is cool and rapturous, so easy for the blizzard to pick up and capture us.

My coat a tinted blue was a tribute to my name, my sparkeling tail a esscence of my fame.

The others admire my sleek figure, and jelousy abounds like a fearful trigger.

The silent path, the cool dawn, yet nothing to do but think and yawn.

The trees in clusters, abundant with creatures, but none with my attractive features.

For some the cold is painful and dreary, but with a coat like mine who could be weary?

The people who come and search for the best, never take time to just stop and rest.

For I am right in front of them, teasing them through hidden eyes, the search, I see, is something they dispise.

And once I know it is safe, I reveal myself to the world, I'm a blossom of ice, a legend unfurled.

The creatures of the day don't know me that well, but the creatures of the night fall under my spell.

I'm a seasoned creature, I know my main goal, and my beauty is transmitted through an ice-stained soul.

I wonder the paths that I know oh too well, the fading moon light brings me out of my shell.

Fine day, fine life, precious few creatures squawk, yet if they ever do it's a mumbled sort of talk.

As I make it to the town, quiet and lifeless, my mind is still, I won't digress.

Not a person in sight, hm, isn't this trite, while a faint fog succumbs to the dissapearing night.

As I approach the red building, the widow a frozen glass, I rub it well with my paw, a small mass.

As I peer into the building, very spiritually, I see a lone nurse staring right back at me.

I stand there for moments, what marvelous moments. She stares. Tearing.

I slowly back away, into the fog that had intterupted, as I nod and turn, into the night I had strutted.

Though I reveal myself rarely, it's a sight to behold, I'm a diamond studded necklace, I am silver and gold.

I dart to my cave, after showing my glow, I slip through to the depths, the atmosphere low.

Glaceon was a pokemon, and looked like a snow queen. She spent her days on Route 217. And so, now you know. She's an interesting creature, as they go.
    Last edited by Cabaret; 14th March 2011 at 10:28 PM.

◓Gypsy Vanner Horse Kyuuketsuki's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: A Queen Of Snow

That was really good, I liked how you captured the essence of Ice Pokémon and Glaceon, and how you portrayed her as distant and cold. The only irksome thing is "dispise", which I believe you meant to write "despise".

Nonetheless, great work, beautiful poem, keep it up!

Blog Entries

Thanks for the compliment, I really worked on it.

Black&White!

The weather is cool and rapturous, so easy for the blizzard to pick up and capture us.

My coat a tinted blue was a tribute to my name, my sparkeling tail a esscence of my fame.

The others admire my sleek figure, and jelousy abounds like a fearful trigger.

Amazing! I loved it, and would like to see more dude, I don't know how you've only had 1 review so far.
    My fanfiction: http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f227/my-pokemon-journey-98337/
    I have claimed Gold/Ethan!

Blog Entries

*Smiles.* A wonderful poem you've got here, Strike. It flows quite well, and has a consistent rhyme to it. I'd be looking forward to seeing more. ^_^

A fresh and growing community.

Library
    [Blogged listing of collected works that are posted on the Gardens.]

Fanfic Writer some colour no doubt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Very nice! I'm not normally a big fan of poetry, but this was a pleasure to read. You captured the essence of the beauty and distance of Glaceon, whilst keeping a good flow and rhyme to your work.
    A few spelling mistakes were around, but nothing so shockingly bad that it ruined the reading experience, as your style kept me reading right till the end.
    Well done, I may have to check out some of your other works :D

is obsessed with Noivern! Zekurom's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I can't really say I loved or hated it, or that it was good or bad - it was just... a poem.

Perhaps that's the way they should be.
    The word "quadragonal" is the only word with "dragon" in it where "dragon" is not a root word. That makes it awesome.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonite Ernston View Post
    I can't really say I loved or hated it, or that it was good or bad - it was just... a poem.

Perhaps that's the way they should be.
    To tell you the truth, i was afraid that it would be out of the comfort zone of most readers. sigh.