TEEN: Psychic Duelist Django Spirit (Season 1: Number Hunters) (Final Chapter Up!) - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Psychic Duelist Django Spirit (Season 1: Number Hunters) (Final Chapter Up!)

Default Re: Psychic Duelist Django Spirit (Season 1: Number Hunters) (Chapter 16 Up!)

And another great chapter. As for you stating that Cody's basically the Joey of the group, I find it funny that you say that considering that I use Joey's English voice for him.
    3DS FC: 4613-7040-4375 Michael

My new favorite quote, courtesy of Cell in Dragon Ball Z Abridged episode 43: "Wanna see me drink this guy?!"

Blog Entries

Default Re: Psychic Duelist Django Spirit (Season 1: Number Hunters) (Chapter 16 Up!)

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior of Fire View Post
    And another great chapter. As for you stating that Cody's basically the Joey of the group, I find it funny that you say that considering that I use Joey's English voice for him.
    Yeah, that pretty much sums it up. And since I loved Joey's Brooklyn accent, as any funny line he said was 10x funnier due to it, I just had to use it with Cody. So, yeah, Cody is this series' Joey. They also have similar personalities, such as hotheadedness, rashness, dislike the egotistical character (Kaiba/Kain), fiercely loyal and cares a great deal about those around them, although Joey doesn't give power noogies or put people in headlocks. I also took Cody's "macho pose" from Joey as well, as it was always hilarious. But yeah, that about sums it up. ^_^
    Best Game Characters of all Time: Ryu 3, Nina 3, Ryu 2, Nina 2, Rei, Ratchet, Talwyn, Princess Pride, Megaman.EXE, Elecman.EXE, Bass. EXE, Tails, Geo, Sonia, Pit

Best Anime Characters of all Time: Van, Fiona, Irvine, Cynthia, Yugi, Tea, Joey, Dark Magician Girl, Kuriboh, Yuma, Astral, Number 39: Utopia, May, Inuyasha, Miroku, Sango

I apply Felix's Law: "Smile, tomorrow could be worse."

Blog Entries

Default Re: Psychic Duelist Django Spirit (Season 1: Number Hunters) (Chapter 17 Up!)

Okay, here's the next instalment in the series. I hope you guys will like it. Now, without further ado, Chapter 17.

Okay, that wraps up all the newly-acquired signature Numbers for the main characters (bar Django, obviously) for now. Next chapter will introduce a secondary antagonist. Can anyone guess who or what it is? You'll just have to wait and see. But I will give you a hint: he has been mentioned before in earlier chapters, though never made a "personal" appearance yet. But that'll chance soon. So tune in next time for the next chapter. Later.
    Best Game Characters of all Time: Ryu 3, Nina 3, Ryu 2, Nina 2, Rei, Ratchet, Talwyn, Princess Pride, Megaman.EXE, Elecman.EXE, Bass. EXE, Tails, Geo, Sonia, Pit

Best Anime Characters of all Time: Van, Fiona, Irvine, Cynthia, Yugi, Tea, Joey, Dark Magician Girl, Kuriboh, Yuma, Astral, Number 39: Utopia, May, Inuyasha, Miroku, Sango

Blog Entries

Default Re: Psychic Duelist Django Spirit (Season 1: Number Hunters) (Chapter 18 Up!)

Okay, got this done faster than I thought. Here is the next chapter. Be warned, it's a darker chapter than the past ones, especially with the mentions of death. Hmm... maybe I'll have to change the rating in time. I'll let you be the judge. Anyway, here's chapter 18.

Dum dum dummmmm! So not only did we get a better view of the main antagonist (along with his name being revealed), but now we've met the secondary antagonist. Both seem to have the same personality. Hmmm... maybe Django's theory is true about the origins of that devious Number? We'll just have to wait and see. Until next time. Same thread, same Duel Time.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Psychic Duelist Django Spirit (Season 1: Number Hunters) (Chapter 19 Up!)

Okay then, finally managed to finish this chapter. Not sure why it took me so long to do so, but whatever. Here is chapter 19 for you to (hopefully) enjoy.

Unoriginal title is unoriginal, to say the least. But now we've got some backstory, as well as the true nature behind Django's heritage revealed. As well as the return of Rai the samurai. And, in case you couldn't tell, Maxwell Archway is my series' version of Pegasus, though obviously on Django's side from the start. But anyway, the next chapter will introduce the "assassins" Lucifer "hired". So until next time.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Psychic Duelist Django Spirit (Season 1: Number Hunters) (Chapter 15 Up!)

Quote Originally Posted by CynthiaLover View Post
    Well, remember, the words "Barian" and "Numeron" have very different meanings in this series, as there are no Barian and Astral Worlds. Django has all three "Force" cards, but only uses Numeron and LBF, as he feels they are safer to use than Barian's Force, and uses which one depending on the situation. Here, while Numeron Force is one-of-a-kind (having evolved the same way as it did in the Zexal anime, but prior to the series), Barian's Force and Limited Barian's Force cards have appeared in the mainstream via unknown methods and manufacturers, as well as their true nature being a mystery. I will give you a hint: each word "represents" a type of power and energy. That's all I'll say, as you'll have to wait until "Chaos Control" until the nature of Barian's Force and Limited Barian's Force is revealed.

As for Kain, he's not quite the underdog. He's still one of the best Duelists in the world, officially ranked 2nd, he just comes up short when it comes to Django. Kain's strategies are more rigid while Django's are flexible and fluid, granting the latter an advantage. Cody, more or less, fits the bill of underdog, akin to Joey Wheeler. You'll see Kain win every so often, he's just not so quick to win against Django, but he'll win against others.

And, on a last note, while there are no Barian Emperors, there will be a similar group that, more or less, fit that department, all using the 10X Numbers. Though the series main villain (Number 107's owner) is the leader, though he is similar to Vector in terms of motives and personality. That's all I'll say for now.
    Oh, i like that you will explain the bit with 3 types of forces soon. I cant wait to see your vision about it.
    I finally had the chance to read chapter 12. Wow you did Fiona justice. And the fact that she uses a plant deck!!! Awesome, Aki for the win <3 i like that you are highlighting Fiona's personality, her fears and her aims. Good job.
    And I see that that chapter 19 is up. I am way behind. I need to get readin'
    Proud claimer of the Snow Dragon Kyurem. 24/01/2014

Blog Entries

Default Re: Psychic Duelist Django Spirit (Season 1: Number Hunters) (Chapter 19 Up!)

@WindBlast; Heheh, to be truthful, Fiona's original deck was supposed to be a Fairy deck, but I felt that was a bit too... generic for a young female character. So I went with a Plant Deck instead. Makes a very nice contrast to her brother's WATER deck (I guess you could call it... surf n' turf! Badum tish!). And Fiona does become a stronger character as time goes on, though still retains some insecurities. Her next chapter shows her gaining more confidence, but still retaining her desire to be helpful and not be a liability.

In all truthfulness, you won't have too long to wait in the explanation of the words Barian and Numeron, as Chapter 20 gives a bit of details on that (not much, but it sheds some light on the subject). While you'll still have to wait until "Chaos Control" for the true nature of Barian's Force and Limited Barian's Force to be revealed, Chpt 20 will give a bit of insight on the general subject. Chapter 21 will also shed a bit more light on the Numeron side of the equation (not Numeron Force per say, but Numeron in general).

Blog Entries

Default Re: Psychic Duelist Django Spirit (Season 1: Number Hunters) (Chapter 20 Up!)

Okay, here's Chapter 20, ready to go. It was finished a few days ago, but due to a head cold (which I still have), and the fact it needed to be proofread, I didn't get a chance to post this. But enough yapping, let's get to the subject at hand. Also, quick warning, there is a brief, non-descript (at least nothing below the waist) shower scene, but it is part of Django's backstory. Just FYI. Anyway, moving on.

So, we've now met four more supporting characters. Basically my version of the Vetrix family, only without the whole blood-thirsty revenge bit. Also, we've gotten a slight explanation on the subjects of "Numeron" and "Barian". More details in said subjects will soon follow, though the true nature of the "Force" cards still won't be revealed until later. Also, the next two chapters will be unique as it's one Duel, but broken up into two chapters (something that I haven't done before, as I'm not that good with cliffhangers...). You'll understand when we get there. Anyway, that's all for now.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Psychic Duelist Django Spirit (Season 1: Number Hunters) (Chapter 21 Up!)

Okay, despite starting this over a week ago, I finally managed to complete this chapter (making good use out of my insomnia last night). Boy, I'm still tired, though, and this blasted head cold is still hanging on, even with treatment, so I'm not totally focused right now. But anyway, enough of that, let's move on, shall we?

Wow, I actually made a cliffhanger! A first for me, to say the least. And it looks like more light has been shed on the subjects of Numeron and Barian, as well as the "official" debut of Rank-Up-Magic Numeron Force and Utopia Ray Victory. Next chapter, however, will finally reveal the hidden power of Divine Soul Mode. Can you guys hold out until then? We shall see. Later all.
    Last edited by CynthiaLover; 2nd March 2014 at 08:59 PM. Reason: Monster effects mistake, updated

Blog Entries

Default Re: Psychic Duelist Django Spirit (Season 1: Number Hunters) (Chapter 22 Up!)

Okay then, I managed to get this done quicker than I thought. Sometimes you just have to give yourself a kick and do it instead of overthinking it (something that I tend to do a bit too often...). Here is the (hopefully) epic conclusion of Django's/Chronos' Duel. Enjoy (I hope...).

How epic was that!? *chirp chirp chirp* Okay, maybe it wasn't that epic, but considering my usual standard when it comes to describing such things, not too shabby, right? Anyway, now you have witnessed the hidden power within Django. And, judging by the next chapter's title, you can probably figure out the "theme" of the next Duel. ...You can figure it out, right? Anyway, that's all for now. See you next time. Same thread, same Duel Time.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Psychic Duelist Django Spirit (Season 1: Number Hunters) (Chapter 22 Up!)

Just a slight update (and a bump, if you will). The next chapter is in the works, I just haven't been feeling well again, so I haven't had the drive to finish it. It's about 1/3rd done. Hopefully I'll get it up by the weekend (though this Saturday is my birthday, so that'll delay it further).

Also, on another note, I thank everyone who voted for my story during the past story awards. That really means a lot to me, as I don't generally have a lot of confidence in my work. So thank you, all of you.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Psychic Duelist Django Spirit (Season 1: Number Hunters) (Chapter 23 Up!)

Sweet lordie, why did this take me so long!? The answer is this: Spring. I hate Spring and everything associated with it! Namely rapid changes in weather, and I'm almost hypersensitive to weather changes, no matter how subtle. It has been back and forth, warm to cold then back to warm, what a nightmare. Not only does it drain my energy, but it can trigger my migraines much easier that way. Ugh! But enough whining, let's move on, shall we? Here is the next installment (about time, too, right?).

Okay, finally got this done. I hope I described those deformed Gimmick Puppets well enough. Boy, even with most of the cards on-hand AND using the Yugioh Wiki for extra details and images, this was the best I could do. Hopefully it won't take me AS LONG as it did to get the next chapter finished. And you can tell that I'm now trying to break each Duel into at least a two-parter, as it's easier to write and grants me more time to better map out a game plan. But that's enough out of me. Later all!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Psychic Duelist Django Spirit (Season 1: Number Hunters) (Chapter 23 Up!)

Dear lord, I finally have sometime to catch up on this FF. Who knew that uni can be this draining? I read chapters 14- 17 and hopefully, I will read the rest of the chapters by tomorrow.
    The date in chapter 14 was amazing. It was so sweet. I was going to me.t at some point. I love that you imply elements of romance and real life stuff in a story of an advanced society like this. And zomg thank you for bringing back Vanessa!!! I really hope that she will be able to pull a win sometime soon. Chapter 15 was also nice. I really loved that Kain won and not Cody, I was rooting to Kain all the time. I would have been bothered if Cody won. Kain is a great duelist so it had to prove himself onscreen. You did a great jobs in chapters 16 and 17! Focusing on the twins is always great and I love how you are giving each character their fair amount of screen time. I eel that all the characters are growing in a positive way. I really hope that they will all play an important role by the time the main villain appears. And dear lord, thank you for giving us Vanessa again <3 i really hope that Vanessa will also end up with a no. That would be a nice wist. The best part about this FF is the way in which you are presenting the true spirit of sentai. Now I wonder if Jack is going to have trouble finding his no. Or if he is going o be down because he is the only one without a no.
    EDIT: i just learned that you have won an award for this FF. Congratulations!!! I am really happy for you. I told you that it is a great FF from the beginning :)
    Proud claimer of the Snow Dragon Kyurem. 24/01/2014

Blog Entries

@WindBlast; Thanks for the kind words, old friend. And to answer a few questions: 1) Jack may or may not get a Number, at least atm. Since he's the Tristan/Duke of the series, he's not much of a Duelist, but I may give him a Number if I can think of one that would work for him, but probably not until Chaos Control at this point. (Plus I need to wait until more Numbers are revealed to actually decide if a Number is suitable for him or not.) 2) Vanessa won't get a Number, but she will get a CXyz, as will Roger, her soon-to-be partner in crime (both will end up the Weevil/Rex of the series), so she'll gain a bigger role in the series at that point, but again, not until Chaos Control (where the history behind Barian's Force and such is revealed). And I will give you a spoiler, but just in case no one else wants to know it, it's in the spoiler tag.

Anyway, that should cover things for now. I have to get to work on Chapter 24 soon before I let that one get delayed as long as Chapter 23 was. Thanks again for your kindness and support, it means a lot to me.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Psychic Duelist Django Spirit (Season 1: Number Hunters) (Chapter 24 Up!)

Okay, got this done faster than the last chapter. Sometimes you just have to sit down, give yourself a kick, and just do it instead of overthinking. Time for the conclusion of Django's and Carver's Duel. Will Django prove to the hotheaded Goldwing his heritage as a Spirit? Read and find out.

Okay then! Talk about an epic conclusion to the Duel! And, judging by the next chapter, you should be able to tell what the theme of it will be. It looks like all will be revealed soon. But, even so, will Vylon still go after Django? Find out next time!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast