TEEN: Psychic Duelist Django Spirit (Season 1: Number Hunters) (Final Chapter Up!)
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Psychic Duelist Django Spirit (Season 1: Number Hunters) (Final Chapter Up!)

Blog Entries

Default Psychic Duelist Django Spirit (Season 1: Number Hunters) (Final Chapter Up!)

Hey all. It's been a while since I've been on this section of the forums. Finally got back into writing after a long hiatus (and very stubborn writer's block). So here's a new series I've been working on. It's based on the Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal series, but with OCs and a new plot, as well as several older cards. This series has been roughly planned into three "seasons," starting with "Number Hunters." Hopefully you'll enjoy it. Here's a quick rundown:

Augmented Reality Duels are the here and now. Duelists of all shapes, sizes, and ages challenge one another for bragging rights and titles. This story is about the Pro Duelist and masterful inventor Django Spirit, who has lost so much in his early life, now seeks answers about his past. Possessing powerful (though unrefined) psychokinetic powers, simply dubbed psychic energies, he is a loner and outcast, leaving him initially distant and reclusive. His only friends (at first) are a group of Duel Spirits who guide and protect him. He is also a Number Hunter, seeking out the elusive and potentially dangerous Number cards before they can do any major harm. He is later accompanied with the demi-human Elemental named Tempest, the rough-around-the-edges Cody and Jack, and the young twins Leo and Fiona. As his hunt for answers to his past and his search for the Numbers, they find themselves swept into a hidden war between the legendary and feared Psychic Clan and the human race. They also encounter a dangerous rival known as Kain Kannon, who seeks power, glory, and titles, caring little for anything else. He seeks to "crush" Django and obtain his World Champion status, even if it means getting possessed by a Number and even making a deal with a devil in order to achieve it. Can Django find the Numbers, unlock his past, and keep the soon-to-be massive war from consuming all life on Earth in a fiery inferno?

Now that that's taken care of, onto Chapter 1: Spirits Unite.

Okay, that's it for Chapter 1. I have next few chapters ready, but I want to make a few tweaks first, since I can make simple mistakes very easily (I'm terrible at proofreading my own work... not saying my work is perfect in my eyes, I'm just not super-quick to notice small errors, despite being very observant normally). So I'll probably have Chapter 2 up tomorrow. I hope you guys enjoy this.
    Last edited by CynthiaLover; 18th April 2014 at 01:43 PM.
    Best Game Characters of all Time: Ryu 3, Nina 3, Ryu 2, Nina 2, Rei, Ratchet, Talwyn, Princess Pride, Megaman.EXE, Elecman.EXE, Bass. EXE, Tails, Geo, Sonia, Pit

Best Anime Characters of all Time: Van, Fiona, Irvine, Cynthia, Yugi, Tea, Joey, Dark Magician Girl, Kuriboh, Yuma, Astral, Number 39: Utopia, May, Inuyasha, Miroku, Sango

I apply Felix's Law: "Smile, tomorrow could be worse."

Blog Entries

Default Re: Psychic Duelist Django Spirit (Zexal story) (Season 1: Number Hunters)

Ok, Tempest should not go around saying that she lacks social skills since she is apparently a wild demi-animal :P

I liked the first and introductory chapter. Django seems like a cool protagonist. I am betting that behind his laid-back demeanor he's got a tragic history. I just have to ask, why did Tempest reveal her identity so easily to Django? Shouldn't she be more secretive?

Further, I like how you are combining symchro summon with the Gagaga series, it was really a nice touch.

I'm looking forward to the second chapter :)
    Proud claimer of the Snow Dragon Kyurem. 24/01/2014

Blog Entries

Default Re: Psychic Duelist Django Spirit (Season 1: Number Hunters)

Agh! I wanted to put this up a lot sooner, but I've been having some technical difficulties. Namely a dysfunction mouse that has been driving me crazy for over a week now. Hopefully my new one gets here soon. But here I am with Chapter 2. This one is bit of a slow one, as it, more or less, more explanations and early plot details. Most of my first few chapters are slow and tend to have a lot of dialog. Chapter 3 will be a bit more exciting. Anyway, here's Chapter 2.

Well, that Chapter 2. Slow and kinda boring, I know, but, seeing how my drive and inspiration come and go faster a sneeze can be launched, it's the best I can do. Especially since I have to build up a lot of details. But Chapter 3 should be more entertaining... I hope. So if no more technical problems plague me (aside from this stupid mouse), I should have the next chapter up early tomorrow. Until then.

Oh, and @WindBlast; Tempest is very honest. While she's not naive (being generally smarter than the rest of her clan), she is an honest person, and will speak her mind. Combo in Django's fierce observation abilities, it's hard for her to hide things. And, as she is, or at least was, a loner, she wants to be open so she can make friends, as that was a privilege she was denied back among her own kind. She's kinda like Starfire from Teen Titans, only not as quirky or as brutally honest, but she's generally an open person. And you will see another side of her in a few chapters (which I'm working on right now, actually), so that should make things interesting. And yes, Django's past is very dark and tragic, but that'll all I'll say for now. The rest you'll just have to wait for.

Anyway, as long as no other computer problems give me any trouble (or any other stunt my crazy life tends to throw at me), Chapter 3 should be up fairly early tomorrow. Later, Feraligatrs! *chuckles*
    Best Game Characters of all Time: Ryu 3, Nina 3, Ryu 2, Nina 2, Rei, Ratchet, Talwyn, Princess Pride, Megaman.EXE, Elecman.EXE, Bass. EXE, Tails, Geo, Sonia, Pit

Best Anime Characters of all Time: Van, Fiona, Irvine, Cynthia, Yugi, Tea, Joey, Dark Magician Girl, Kuriboh, Yuma, Astral, Number 39: Utopia, May, Inuyasha, Miroku, Sango

Blog Entries

Default Re: Psychic Duelist Django Spirit (Season 1: Number Hunters) (Chapter 2 Up!)

Ok, so Django is the world champion, filthy rich and he's got a lot of cool robots and dueling spirits at his side? Remind me again why he is distant? :P XD

I really liked this chapter. Tempest seems like she is a genuinely nice person. I would really hate to see her get corrupted as that would sure hurt Django. Unless of course we would get an amazing duel out of it. I can't help but feel that Tempest's past is going to haunt her sooner or later.
    Having the Dark Magician, Dark magician girl and Hope as spirit partners is really cute :3 Hope Neos and stardust will tag along too.

I'll look forward to the 3rd chapter :D

Blog Entries

Default Re: Psychic Duelist Django Spirit (Season 1: Number Hunters) (Chapter 2 Up!)

*sigh* Once again, technical issues plague me. And this mouse is really getting bad. Sadly, the nearest computer store is a very long ways from here, so I had to order one. Hopefully it gets here soon, as I'm not sure how much longer I can work with this mouse on my main computer.

Anyway, here's chapter 3. More exciting this time around, as it contains a: dum dum dum Duel, as well as finally giving bit of a preview of Django's powers in action. This chapter will also introduce all the main protagonists, and shed a bit more light on Django's past. But enough of that, here's what's important, so let's move on to chapter 3.

Okay, that's it for chapter 3. More exciting then the last one, yes? The next chapter will be a much bigger one, and be a lot more exciting. But that's all for now. Later!
    Last edited by CynthiaLover; 7th November 2013 at 06:13 PM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Psychic Duelist Django Spirit (Season 1: Number Hunters) (Chapter 3 Up!)

What? Django is a doctor now? The more I read of this chapter the less I understand why Django is shunned in society :P
    for goodness sake the guy's a doc!! :P

I liked the 3rd chapter. I like how plot points are coming together. So the game inventor also has psycho powers? I'm smelling future fiery battle between him and Django.
    I reall, really wish that female characters will have their share in dueling. Unlike in the aniem were being a girl means you are worthless.
    And we are meeting the rival next chapter? Cool!!!
    I ca't wait! :)

Blog Entries

Default Re: Psychic Duelist Django Spirit (Season 1: Number Hunters) (Chapter 3 Up!)

Sorry, meant to put this up yesterday, but had another one of my weather-induced migraines for most of the morning, then when it did go away, I had a lot of other things to do, so I never got around to posting it. On the plus side: my new mouse came yesterday! And I discovered why I've been having some tech difficulties lately: I forgot to update my malware protection program, so I had a bit of a nasty piece of malware that was causing the problems. Got that straightened out, so now my computer is back to normal.

Anyway, here's chapter 4. And one note, this chapter introduced one of Django's fears: Entomophobia (fear of insects), which the history behind it will be revealed later. Anyway, let's get on with the story.

That's chapter 4. A lot more exciting, yes? As well as introducing the very Kaiba-like character Kain (only Kain becomes far worse as time goes on, to the point even his brother, the only person he generally listens to, cannot snap him out of his insanity). He'll get even worse when he "finds" something "special" later on. But that's all I'll say for now. You'll just have to wait until then.

Oh, and @WindBlast; don't you worry, the girls will have their Duels as well. In fact, Tempest will be having her first "official" (meaning on-screen, or narrated, whichever you prefer) Duel in two chapters. It'll also show another side of her personality in the process. As for Fiona, I still have to fully assemble her deck in my planning documents, but she'll get her Duels as well. After all, this isn't the anime where most female characters (bar ones like Mai, Akiza, Anna, and Dextra) tend to get the short-end of the stick when it comes to Duels. I plan to give them their Dueling time, so don't you worry, I just have to map out a few more things first.

Anyway, that's all for now.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Psychic Duelist Django Spirit (Season 1: Number Hunters) (Chapter 4 Up!)

An other great chapter. I really liked Kain's attitude. I hope that he will be even more evil the next time he shows up. I'm sure that now he will get crazy at the idea of not having any no. monsters.

I like the combinations of Django's deck. He's got cards from most of the main characters. Thumbs up for little fairy ^__^

I'm looking forward to the next chapter.

Default Re: Psychic Duelist Django Spirit (Season 1: Number Hunters) (Chapter 4 Up!)

I'm really liking this thus far. Especially how we both had a character make the same play in our fics (mine before yours, as can be seen in the only chapter of mine posted on DNF about half a year ago): Double Summon to allow the protagonist's opponent to summon Light Effigy and tribute it to summon Blue-Eyes.
    3DS FC: 4613-7040-4375 Michael

Blog Entries

Default Re: Psychic Duelist Django Spirit (Season 1: Number Hunters) (Chapter 5 Up!)

Okay, finally got around to posting this. This is chapter 5. It's bit of a slow chapter, and a bit goofy (well, sorta), but it has more plot details and other info. So enough of that, here's chapter 5.

Author's Note: This chapter also acknowledges the existence of Rank-Up cards and Chaos Numbers right away, due to Django's past experiences prior to the series. However, the purpose and origin of the Rank-Up cards are unknown at this time, and will be revealed in the second "season" known as "Chaos Control," but that won't be for a while. And since there is no Barian World in this series, the word "Barian" has a different meaning, which will also be revealed later on. I'm mentioning this now so no one gets confused at why such info exists so early in the series. Now, moving on.

Okay, that's it for chapter 5. A bit slow, as there isn't a large amount of excitement going on, but it gives some details that'll be built up on later. Chapter 6 should be more interesting.

@WindBlast; Oh, Kain will get worse, that's for sure. While his next Duel with Django is still in the planning stages, he'll get even worse as time goes on. Even when he adds the Galaxy-Eyes family to his deck, it'll still be a challenge for him to beat the Numbers But once something "special" ends up in his hands, then he'll go off the charts in terms of borderline evil attitude. Also, you'll be happy to know that next chapter is a Duel featuring Tempest, so I know you'll be looking forward to that.

@Warrior of Fire; Heh, what a coincidence. I put both Kaiser Sea Horse and Light Effigy into Kain's deck so he'd have two options for summoning Blue-Eyes instead of just one. But who would've guessed that we'd have the same move done like that. Guess great minds think alike. I'll have to read that story when I get a chance.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Psychic Duelist Django Spirit (Season 1: Number Hunters) (Chapter 6 Up!)

Okay, got around to getting this chapter up. Chapter 6 is now up and ready to roll. So let's get going.

Okay, that's Chapter 6 for ya. You got to see Tempest's rival in this Duel, so don't think this is the end of Vanessa. You also got to see her Number as well. And, on top of that, a little flirting/teasing from Django, something that you'd probably not expect from him, or at least right now. Django sure is complex, even for me to fully understand.

Next up, the hunt for the Numbers will begin! So I'll just leave it at that for now.

Default Re: Psychic Duelist Django Spirit (Season 1: Number Hunters) (Chapter 6 Up!)

So, the title for chapter seven... HOLY ALITERATION, BATMAN! But seriously, the word "Raccoon" makes me think of one thing in that (duel) crazy universe: the Tanukis. And the whole scene at the end was great.
    3DS FC: 4613-7040-4375 Michael

Blog Entries

I just had the time to read chapter 5. I gotta say, it was quite nice. I liked how smooth it was. Reading about in-depth plot lines was appreciated.
    I gotta say however, That I can't quite trust Maxwell. I do not know why, maybe because of Pegasus? haha
    Good chapter and I'll read chapter 6 as soon as I have time. I can't wait for to see Tempest in action :)

Blog Entries

Default Re: Psychic Duelist Django Spirit (Season 1: Number Hunters) (Chapter 7 Up!)

Okay, finally got off my lazy can to submit this (it probably help if I was sleeping better... curse these rapid and random weather changes... I never sleep well when the temp changes 20 degrees within half a day...). Anyway, enough of my whining, here's the next installment in my (possibly) exciting Zexa series.

Guess I should've said before posting this, "Let the fur fly!" *chuckles* *chirp chirp chirp chirp*

...Okay, bad joke, but I'm known for them. This also introduced another character trait of Tempest, in this case, her fear: Ailurophobia. Don't I create such fun ideas? Anyway, that's all for now. Hopefully when I post the next chapter I'll have gotten some better sleep. So until then.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Psychic Duelist Django Spirit (Season 1: Number Hunters) (Chapter 7 Up!)

I just had time to read chapter 6. I gotta say, it is my favorite chapter so far.
    I literally cracked up at how funny the cat-fat between Tempest and Vanessa was. The dialogue was sure something there. Anime reject? ape? Ladies first because I am a lady? Cracked me up XD

And damn that Tempest is ruthless when it comes to Django XD Btw, Vanessa is now my officially favorite charcter in this FF. So much attitude lol

A great chapter. I was so amused reading it. I'll be reading chapter 7 in during the weekend. Can't wait :D

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast