POKEMON: The Power Inside (Chapter 20 - Route One Rumble!) - Page 7
Page 7 of 47 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: POKEMON: The Power Inside (Chapter 20 - Route One Rumble!)

Blog Entries

Default Re: POKEMON: The Power Inside

I don't think he was possesed, the thing might have just... made him overconfident or something. Clouded his judgment a little... but in a good way. xD

A lone detective takes it upon himself to solve the murder of a young woman, willingly diving into the dangerous web of conspiracies weaved by the feuding mafia families. But after the truth is uncovered, will that city of sin be the same ever again?

I! AM NOT! A MORON! Sith Droideka's Avatar

It made him think somewhat intelligent. Although, is May actually with Drew in this, unlike in the original fic?

EDIT: Clarifying
    ALL Pokémon Are EQUAL, But SOME Pokémon Are MORE EQUAL Than Others

Oceania is at war with Eurasia Eastasia Eurasia Eastasia, and has always been at war with them!

WAR IS PEACE. FREEDOM IS SLAVERY. IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH. GOD IS POWER.

Next PolySci/Econ Test: November 8, 2016; Your crash-course will begin January 2013.

Galvantula ≥ Kyurem > Mewtwo > Arceus

Blog Entries
    Add Mako on Facebook
    Follow Mako on Tumblr

Guess we'll see.

Reader and Writer Legacy's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwocky View Post
    Guess we'll see.
    correct

Coming Soon...

Future Mrs. Ketchum SerenaKetchum's Avatar
    Blog Entries

When will chapter 4 be legacy?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lass View Post
    When will chapter 4 be legacy?
    A few days I think. We'll see. By Sunday for sure...I hope.

Coming Soon...

The Goodnatured Waiter DentoSan's Avatar

How do I get lots of readers like this fic has?
    "May I take your order?"

Shiny Lucas is 1 in 8192 FusengerShadow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Write good stuff like this fic. *sneaky grin*

Av via Zurr

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Korea View Post
    How do I get lots of readers like this fic has?
    Just keep writing and taking the advice people give you into consideration. Plus, don't write for the number of readers, write because you want to and the people who do read will enjoy it.

Coming Soon...

I! AM NOT! A MORON! Sith Droideka's Avatar

Write for enjoyment. When I started writing my fanfic, I found that I enjoyed writing. Posting it allows me to improve my skills while also seeking to entertain other people.
    ALL Pokémon Are EQUAL, But SOME Pokémon Are MORE EQUAL Than Others

Oceania is at war with Eurasia Eastasia Eurasia Eastasia, and has always been at war with them!

WAR IS PEACE. FREEDOM IS SLAVERY. IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH. GOD IS POWER.

Next PolySci/Econ Test: November 8, 2016; Your crash-course will begin January 2013.

Galvantula ≥ Kyurem > Mewtwo > Arceus

Any update, Leg?

Blog Entries

Here is Chapter 4 finally! It's late at night, so please let me know of any typos, mistakes, suggestions, etc...so I can change them quickly.

Also, PLEASE COMMENT and give me feedback on what you think!

“… And that will do it! Young Ash Ketchum from Pallet Town has just completed a shocking, improbable, amazing upset of the Johto League Champion, Ethan Hart!” the T.V. play-by-play announcer shouted immediately after Hart’s final pokémon had fallen in defeat.

The sixteen-year-old girl--who had been watching the television broadcast of the battle on her laptop-- gazed out the tiny window at the wispy white clouds that floated by. She brushed a stray lock of rust-colored hair from her face as she smiled weakly.

Of course she was overjoyed to have watched her friend vault himself to the forefront of the world’s attention with his amazing victory today. She was bursting with pride after seeing him shock the world like he had just done. But the girl was upset that she hadn’t gotten to Sapphire City in time for his first match. What kind of friend was she?

“Can I get you anything, dear? Soda? Peanuts? Hot towel?” the girl heard an overly cheerful female flight attendant in a blue suit ask from the aisle.

“No, I‘m good,” she replied coldly without looking away from the window.

The bubbly stewardess nodded and continued down the aisle with the refreshment cart. The teen looked at her wristwatch. Still probably six or seven hours until the plane would land in Sapphire City.

She was growing extremely impatient. Ash’s first battle was already over, and the flight wasn’t even halfway to its destination. She was becoming increasingly angry with herself for not gathering up the courage to come see him sooner. The girl pounded her fist on the armrest next to her in frustration.

“Damn it,” she growled.

“I beg your pardon!” an elderly woman with graying blonde hair, who had been sleeping during the flight in the window seat right next to the girl, hissed at her with a cold frown.

“Oh, I’m so sorry!” The girl blushed in embarrassment after she'd realized how loud she had yelled and that she had rudely awoken the old lady.

The woman softened her glare a bit when she saw that the red-headed teenager was obviously stressed about something. She reached into her pocket, took out her thin wire spectacles, and placed them on her careworn face.

“I take it you’re flying into Sapphire City for the tournament then?” she said as she motioned toward the girl’s computer screen.

“Yes, ma’am,” she replied quietly before eventually warming to the old woman. “An old friend of mine is competing. We used to be best friends when we were younger… we’ve kind of drifted apart over the years. But he’s been dreaming about competing in this tournament his entire life, so I feel like I owe it to him to come out and cheer him on in person…”

Before she knew it, the young girl had told the woman everything about Ash, their travels together during their childhood, and all the countless memories she had of the remarkable young boy from the town of Pallet.

Her sea green eyes twinkled as she talked about how she’d first met Ash and Pikachu over five years ago, about their many adventures together… and how the teens’ relationship had changed ever since they had split up. The girl was actually glad to have someone to talk to about this, despite the fact that this old lady was a complete stranger.

“… I’m just scared that it’s gonna be really awkward to see him after all this time has passed. I mean, it’s been so long since we traveled together… maybe he’s forgotten about me.”

“Well, you certainly are a loyal friend, young lady,” the woman commended. “And don’t worry. It’s clear that you and this boy were very close. I’m sure that once he sees your face, he’ll remember that as well.”

The girl thought about this. What would she do when she finally saw Ash again after all these years? What would she say to him? How would she even get a hold of him once she got to Sapphire City?

“Try not to worry. We will be arriving in Sapphire City soon,” the old lady said, noticing that the girl was still nervous about seeing her old friend. “And as for Ash… when the moment comes and the two of you finally reunite, your heart will tell you what you should say and do.”

The younger of the two women smiled at the kind words, although she wondered how this old lady could be so sure.

“By the way,” the woman said, extending her hand across the armrest for a handshake, “I’m Agatha.”

“Agatha?!”

The girl did a double-take upon hearing the name and looked more closely at the woman wearing her familiar old purple dress. Of course! How could she have failed to notice before?

“You’re… you’re the Agatha… of the Kanto Elite Four!”

Agatha chuckled when she saw the young girl staring in awe, her blue-green eyes nearly bulging out of their sockets.

“Yes, dear. That’s me.”

“Wow! It’s an honor to actually meet you! I‘ve been a huge fan of yours even since I was a little girl. My name’s Misty.”

“Misty…” Agatha shook Misty’s hand and squinted to look more closely at her. “You wouldn’t be the Misty from Cerulean City would you? The leader of the Cerulean City Gym?”

The girl almost screamed with excitement at the thought that the famous Agatha actually knew of her. She could barely breathe.

“Y-yes, ma’am… that’s me,” the red-head replied shyly, then asked, “Miss Agatha? Aren’t you competing in the tournament too?”

The former Elite Four trainer chuckled again. “No, my dear. My battling days are over… these old bones forced me to retire a few years ago. I’m just flying out to watch the festivities like any other fan.”

The two women continued to make small talk until they were interrupted once again by the television analyst‘s voice on the small screen in front of them.

“… A huge win for the relatively unknown Ash Ketchum. The newcomer undoubtedly turned a lot of heads today with his decisive victory over one of the best in the world. Tune in tomorrow to see if the kid can continue his amazing tournament debut when he’ll face the seductive and sassy new member of the Hoenn Elite Four, Miss Lacey!

The beautiful twenty-two year old Ice Queen is coming off an impressive victory herself. Her incredible ice-type pokémon looked unbeatable against Zak Seabrook earlier this morning, and many experts believe that she could be one of the favorites to win the entire tournament! She should have no trouble defeating Ketchum, despite his impressive debut…”

Misty again growled angrily, “Those stupid T.V. people… why does everyone always think Ash is gonna lose? He just pounded Ethan Hart after all!”

Agatha just smiled, amused at how defensive the teenager was of her friend.

“Misty, I learned long ago not to worry about what the so-called ‘experts’ on television say. If Ash is anything like he was when I met him a few years back, I’m sure he’ll continue to prove the pundits wrong.”

“Wait… you know Ash?” Misty asked, sounding shocked.

“Yes, of course. I battled him a few years ago in Viridian City. And I must say… he put up quite a fight. And that was as a ten-year-old!”

Misty smiled when she remembered how excitable ten-year-old Ash was and how pumped he must have been to battle someone like Agatha, a world-famous trainer.

“Yes, I remember him well,” the woman continued. “And although he’s being portrayed as the underdog by the media, Ash definitely has the respect of those in the trainer community. Many of my colleagues have met him as well at one time or another, and every single one of them say that one thing stood out to them about Ash: he truly loves his pokémon. He doesn’t seek out fame or fortune. He didn’t set off on his pokémon journey as a ten-year-old with dreams of becoming a celebrity. No, he does what he does because he loves it. Because he truly cares for his pokémon and treats them as equals… as friends. Yes, from what I saw and from what everyone who has met him says, he definitely seems like a remarkable young man… but of course, I don’t need to tell you that, right Misty?”

The girl blushed so that the color of her face matched her hair. For the first time in what seemed like an eternity, she felt a sense of warmth and happiness overtake her body as the plane continued on its course towards Sapphire City.

“Ha-hah! We did it, Pikachu!” Ash shouted jubilantly as he burst through the door and leaped onto the twin-sized bed back in his guestroom at the Pokémon Center. He pumped his fists in the air wildly as he jumped up and down on the springy mattress.

Pikachu joined the boy in the festivities as he too began bouncing on the bed gleefully. It had been hours since Ash and Charizard had defeated Ethan Hart‘s typhlosion, but the young trainer and his pokémon were definitely still riding high emotionally from their victory. There was no way either of them were going to be able to sleep tonight.

“Woo-hoo! I can't believe we won!” the boy cheered.

“Pi-Kah!”

They were so busy rejoicing that they didn’t even hear the door to the room squeak open.

“Ash? Umm… Did we come at a bad time?” a familiar voice giggled from the doorway.

The boy was startled at first. He whirled around and tried his best to play it cool and make it look like he hadn’t been shamelessly celebrating his victory like a little kid.

“Oh! Hi… ummm,” he stuttered as he looked to the doorway and saw who was at the door. Brock, May, Dawn, Max, Johanna, and his own mother were all standing there trying hard not to laugh at him.

“We were just… we were just testing my bed’s springs out before we go to sleep,” Ash muttered.

Pikachu looked embarrassed but it was hard to tell whether it was because they had been caught jumping on the bed or because of his trainer’s lame attempt to play it off.

“Yeah right,” May laughed. “Some things never change, Ash. When it comes to winning battles, you’re still a little kid at heart.”

Everyone laughed and entered the room to celebrate along with their friend.

“Oh, Ash… I’m so proud of you,” Delia stepped forward and gave her son, who at fifteen was now taller than her, a big hug and ruffled his messy black hair. “You were so great!”

“Thanks mom,” Ash mumbled as he tried to pull away from his mother’s embrace when she leaned over to kiss him on the cheek. After he had escaped her grasp and wiped the remnants of his mother’s lip balm from his face, he grinned at his friends whom he hadn‘t seen in nearly three years. “Thanks again for coming guys! It’s great to see you all!”

“Are you kidding? We wouldn’t have missed it for the world,” Brock replied as he slapped Ash on the back.

“Thanks you guys,” the boy replied with the sincerest of smiles.

Ash blinked his brown eyes rapidly, trying desperately not to tear up in front of everyone. Here he was, together with his best friends in the world once again… friends with whom he had shared a lifetime’s worth of memories with.

For probably an hour or so, the group chatted, reminiscing about memories passed and filling each other in about their present-day lives. For Ash, it had been so long since he had seen May, Max and Brock, that it was great to catch up.

It had been several years since Brock had left Ash’s side to return home to Pewter City. The nineteen-year-old had finally achieved his dream of becoming a successful pokémon breeder. His younger brother, Forrest, was still acting as the Pewter City Gym leader, and Brock had opened his very own pokémon daycare and research facility center next door where he was having the time of his life breeding and raising all sorts of pokémon.

May had rekindled her childhood romance with her friend Drew from LaRousse City. The two had been traveling together for years, and their relationship naturally bloomed into something far beyond just friendship. Together, the two coordinators had been sailing the seas near the Orange Islands and competing in contests throughout the region. So far, May had accumulated three ribbons, but she was more than willing to take a break from her journey in order to come support her good friend in the biggest tournament in the world.

The youngster, Max, had finally begun his pokémon training journey. After years of tagging along with his big sister and her friends, the boy was finally able to travel on his own. Now eleven, he had already won himself five gym badges from around his native Hoenn Region. It stunned Ash to see how grown up Max looked as he spoke about his pokémon. The last time the two had traveled together was nearly four years ago, and he felt a feeling of pride to see Max doing so well on his adventures.

And of course, there was Dawn, who had been traveling with Ash as recently as a few days ago. The two of them had become inseparable after years of friendship, which had been completely platonic until last night, when the girl had strangely kissed him on the cheek. But he tried not to think about it. It was just a simple peck… she probably didn’t mean anything by it, he thought to himself.

“But enough about us,” May’s voice interrupted Ash’s thoughts. “What about you?! You were so awesome out there today!”

“Yeah, you really kicked Ethan Hart’s butt!” Max exclaimed.

“Hah, thanks guys,” Ash replied. “I guess I just got lucky.”

“Lucky?”

Ash took the mysterious gold coin out of his pocket to show the group. He told everyone about how it had been strangely left outside his door the night before along with a note promising that the coin would help him during the daunting task that awaited him.

“The note says that ‘the time has come for this to be returned to you,’” Johanna, Dawn’s mother, said as she read the mysterious handwritten note.

“Yeah, I thought that part was weird. I’ve never seen this coin before in my life, so I’m not sure how it could be returned to me,” Ash said.

“Weird,” Dawn said as she examined the beautiful gold disc in her hands. “So it’s supposed to help you during the tournament or something? How?”

“No idea. But as you guys saw, it definitely worked. It brought me a ton of luck against Ethan.”

“Maybe it’s just someone playing a joke,” Brock said. “There’s no such thing as good-luck charms.”

“I don’t know, Brock,” Ash replied, flipping the coin up in the air and catching it. “I just beat one of the most talented trainers on the planet, three straight. How else do you think I was able to do that?”

“Oh, I don’t know… Maybe hard work, good strategy, a great relationship between you and your pokémon?” May suggested. “Did you ever stop to think that you might have actually won the match based on your own talents, Ash?”

“Yeah, but you’ve heard what people have been saying,” Ash said. “I’m going up against the very best trainers alive. I’m just some small-town kid that no one’s ever heard of. I‘m lucky to even be in this tournament.”

“Honey! You don’t really believe that, do you?!” Ash’s mother scolded. “You are a great pokémon trainer! You belong here. You‘ve already proven that.”

“Yeah, Ash. Don’t listen to what the idiots on T.V. say,” Dawn said. “We’ve all known you for a long time, and we’ve seen what you’re capable of… and none of us are surprised that you won today.”

“Yup, that’s right,” Max said, not wanting to be left out. “And it’s not just us…”

Ash looked confused about what the younger boy had meant by his last statement. He watched as the eleven-year-old trainer removed his teal-blue backpack, unzipped it and dumped its contents onto the room’s hardwood floor.

Dozens of pokéballs fell from Max’s backpack to the floor with a series of small, metallic-sounding thuds. Almost instantly each orb popped open and a huge blinding white light illuminated the entire room.

Ash gasped when he saw dozens of pokémon emerge from the spheres that Max had unloaded from his pack.

Alongside Pikachu, Bulbasaur, Squirtle and Charizard appeared… Ash’s pokémon… all of them.

One by one, each of the boy’s pokémon materialized from the bright light and greeted their trainer. Kingler, Sceptile, Snorlax, Noctowl, Torterra and everyone else who had been living back at Pallet Town with Professor Oak were there. They all shouted out in agreement with Ash’s friends. They too believed in their trainer. After all, together they had experienced a lifetime’s worth of adventures and won many battles along the way.

Ash’s spirits were lifted when he saw all of his friends that he had made during his long journeys. He looked each pokémon in the face and smiled when he remembered how he had met and befriended each and every one. Muk, Bayleef, and a few others were so happy to see Ash that they tackled him, and he fell back onto the bed and laughed.

“Wow, the gang’s all here, huh?” the boy finally said, trying not to get too emotional. “How’d you all get here?”

“Why, I sent them there, of course!”

Ash whirled around when he heard Professor Oak’s voice. He saw that Delia was holding her cellular phone in her hand, and that the old man’s face was on the phone’s little video screen display.

Delia handed the phone to her son, and she and the rest of the gang all sat down next to Ash on the bed while the pokémon all began playing with each other around the room.

“We were all watching your match today, Ash. All of your pokémon were incredibly excited to congratulate you on your big win, so I rounded everyone up and sent them over to Max.” Oak’s voice sounded choppy from the cell phone, but clear enough to decipher nonetheless.

“Thanks, Professor! It’s great to see everyone!” Ash replied. “I just hope the win today wasn’t a fluke.”

“Nonsense, boy,” the man said. “Try not to put too much pressure on yourself. Have you read the papers or watched the T.V. coverage, Ash? Everyone’s saying you got lucky out there tonight. They’re saying you just caught Ethan Hart on a bad day. They still don‘t believe that you belong in this tournament.”

“Gee, thanks for reminding me,” Ash muttered. He had an annoyed look on his face.

“Oh, sorry. My point is… when you go out there tomorrow against Lacey, all the pressure is on her! She’s the star, the heavy favorite. She’s supposed to beat you. That goes for everyone in this tournament, Ash. You’re still the underdog. So you see… You really have nothing to lose! You’ve already exceeded most people’s expectations of you. Now, you can just go out there and battle like it’s any other battle… do you understand?”

Ash did understand. Despite his miraculous first-match victory, the expectations of him still weren’t very high at all. He would definitely be expected to lose to anyone he might face… He was the underdog, like Oak had said. Just how he had always been during his childhood… just how he liked it.

“I think so,” Ash finally cracked a confident smile. “Thanks, Professor Oak.”

“No problem, my boy. And good luck tomorrow… I know you can make it two-for-two! Just believe in yourself.” Professor Oak said before he hung up the video phone and the screen on Delia’s phone went dark.

“And thanks… all of you.” the trainer turned to look at his mother, his friends, and all of his pokémon. “You guys are the best!”

Everyone was glad to see that Ash had regained some confidence. The group shared a few laughs and watched the boy’s pokémon jump around and play for a while. Above all, however, they all just enjoyed each other’s company again. It had been a long time since they had all been reunited like this.

After a while, Delia and Johanna stood up from the bed and yawned.

“Well, it’s probably about time we headed back to the hotel,” Ash’s mother said. “You need your sleep, honey.”

“Yea, we all do, I think. It’s been a busy day,” Johanna nodded in agreement before giving Ash a friendly hug. “We’ll see you tomorrow, young man.”

“I’ll take all your pokémon back to the lobby so we can send them back to Professor Oak,” Max said eagerly.

“Wait,” Brock interjected as he too stood up from the bed and put on his shoes. “Who are you gonna use tomorrow, Ash? Surely Charizard, Bulbasaur, and Squirtle will be too tired to battle again so soon.”

Ash stood up along with everyone else and returned his pokémon to their pokéballs one at a time. Before long, everyone except for Pikachu was back in their balls, including his original Kanto ‘starters,’ who had earned a good rest after their battle earlier that day.

“Hmm… I’m not sure yet,” Ash replied with a smile. “You know me, Brock, I’m not very good at thinking ahead. I know Pikachu here is itching to battle, but other than that… I guess I’ll have to sleep on it.”

“Pi-kachu!” The yellow mouse looked pumped up to battle tomorrow.

Brock and everyone else laughed at how true Ash’s statement was. He was notorious for acting on impulse rather than planning ahead. But it had worked for him for years, so no one questioned it.

“All right, Sweetie!” Delia gave Ash another hug as the group made their way to the door. “Go brush your teeth and then go straight to bed. I love you, Ash... my little Pokémon Master.”

“Mooom! I’m almost sixteen!” the boy frowned and blushed, but reluctantly hugged his mother back. “I’m not little anymore!”

“Yeah, and you aren’t a Pokémon Master either!” Dawn joked. 

“Good luck tomorrow, Ash!”

“Thanks guys. I’ll see ya tomorrow.”

And with that, the group exited the room, leaving Ash and Pikachu alone. The two friends again were sprawled out on the bed together, allowing them to decompress after their long and stressful day. Pikachu gradually dozed off while lying on his back on the clean linen sheets. The boy joined his friend on the bed, but just lay awake, looking up at the dark ceiling. He couldn’t sleep. So much was on his mind.

Ash decided to get up. He walked over to the window across the bedroom, past the big easy-chair where his hat and shoes had been thrown onto. The smooth hardwood floor felt slippery underneath his socks.

The boy gazed out his room’s only window towards the starry night sky and the full moon. His guestroom here in Sapphire City definitely had an awesome view at night, he thought. His room overlooked the beautiful city, which looked even more breathtaking at night. The moon’s soft, pearly glow seemed to bathe the entire skyline.

Suddenly, something in the night sky caught Ash’s eye. Among the many twinkling stars and the huge, full moon, he saw a glowing object soaring through the darkness like a jet.

“What is that?” he said out loud, his mouth hanging wide open.

Ash continued to stare and squinted to try to make out exactly what the object was. It was clear that the flying object was extremely far away, but he thought it looked like a large, golden bird of some kind, with a huge, flapping wingspan. The graceful flying beast was vividly glowing like a beacon against the black curtain of night.

“Wait… is that… it can’t be… Ho-Oh?!”

Ho-Oh was the legendary pokémon that Ash had encountered several times in the past. Rarely did anyone ever believe Ash when he claimed that he had seen it before because of its mythical status, but that didn’t matter to the boy. He knew what he had seen.

Suddenly, Ash felt something very warm in his pocket. The heat of the object increased until he could feel it burning his leg. It began to vibrate against his thigh like a cell phone. He reached into his jeans and pulled out the lucky gold coin, which was now almost too hot to hold.

Ash gasped when he looked at the object in his hand. One of the five gemstones that were imbedded in the coin’s metal surface was now glowing. The red ruby-colored jewel, one of the four colored jewels surrounding the diamond in the middle, looked like it was on fire, it was glowing so brightly.

The teen blinked twice and rubbed his eyes with both hands to make sure he was seeing straight. But as soon as he regained focus, the glowing ruby went dark and the coin’s surface cooled back to normal.

He looked out the window again, but the golden bird was gone as well, and all Ash saw was the darkness of the night and the moon staring back at him.

“Huh?! Where did it go? What in the world is going on?”

That was it. There was no way Ash could just go to sleep now. Something weird was definitely going on. He stopped and examined the gold coin once more, but it looked just as it did before so he returned it to his pocket.

As for Ho-Oh… or whatever it was that he had seen, he wanted to go outside and investigate.

Ash walked briskly over to where he had thrown off his shoes, hat, and grey sweatshirt. As he pulled his sweatshirt on and began to tie his shoes, he heard a tiny voice call over from the bed.

“Pikapi?”

It was Pikachu, standing at the foot of the bed and rubbing the sleepiness from his beady little eyes.

“Oh, sorry to wake you buddy,” Ash apologized while he adjusted his navy-blue hat on his head. “I’m just gonna go outside and check on something… I thought I saw something flying out there.” He pointed out the window.

“Pi-kachu!”

Pikachu jumped off of the bed and bounded over next to Ash, signaling that he intended to go with his trainer.

“All right,” Ash chuckled. “We’ll both go.”

Ash and Pikachu made their way from the boy's room down the hallway and into the empty lobby. It was a stark contrast to what the Pokémon Center’s lobby had looked like just hours earlier when it was bustling with people, namely media members and rabid fans.

Soon, the two friends made their way outside of the stadium’s Pokémon Center and were greeted by the cold nighttime air and starry sky.

Ash stood on the concrete walkway that thousands of spectators had used earlier that day on their way inside the stadium‘s front entrance near the attached Pokémon Center. It was very peaceful at this time of night. The boy stared up at the starry sky which acted as a gorgeous background to the breath-taking Sapphire City skyline.

Pikachu perched himself at his favorite spot on Ash’s shoulder. Together the two sat in silence just gazing up at the sky, but they could see nothing out of the ordinary.

“Well, maybe I was seeing things” Ash said finally, although he knew for sure he hadn’t imagined the coin in his pocket feeling like it was on fire.

The two friends gave the heavens one last look before turning to return inside.

“Sniffle, sniffle.”

Suddenly a faint whimpering sound stopped Ash and Pikachu in their tracks. 

“Pi?”

“What was that, Pikachu?”

The faint sound was coming from around the corner of the Pokémon Center, probably fifty yards from where the pair was standing. It sounded like a girl crying.

Ash and Pikachu ran down the walkway along the building’s perimeter and turned the corner.

They saw the beautiful flower garden that Ash had admired a few days ago when he first arrived in town. Tonight, the pearly glow of the moon bathed the wide bed of tulips, lilies, and roses in a soft white light. The path the two of them were on led them through the elaborate terrace. There had to have been a few thousand flowers on either side of the walkway. A gorgeous stone fountain, which had crystal clear water flowing up out of it, sat near the top of the little courtyard.

The boy surveyed the area until he saw who had been making the noises. Seated on one of the wooden park benches along the pathway about twenty feet away was a girl... or a young lady. Ash couldn't tell exactly how old she was because she was hunched over with her face buried in her hands. But judging by her physique and her dress-- a plain, snug-fitting dark blue polo shirt, khaki-colored jeans and blue sneakers-- she was probably a teenager.

As the trainer and his pikachu walked closer, they could see that the girl was obviously crying. They stopped in their tracks. Not knowing what else to do, Ash went up to her.

“Is this seat taken?” he asked gently, trying not to startle her.

Without looking up, the dark brown-haired girl shook her head no. Ash sat down next to her and peered over. He couldn’t see her face because it was hidden by her hands, but her heaving shoulders and sniffling sounds told the boy that she was very upset.

“What’s wrong? Are you okay?!”

The girl just ignored Ash and continued to whimper. He was a bit alarmed at how distressed this girl appeared to be. He hoped nothing was seriously wrong, but he had always been horrible at figuring out the right thing to say in these situations.

“Well, my name‘s Ash, and this is my pal Pikachu.”

“Pikah-Chu!” the yellow rodent greeted as he leaped up onto the bench next to the girl.

“Yes, I know who you are,” the girl finally said in between sniffles. “I watched you on television today against Ethan Hart.”

The petite teenager finally lifted her head and revealed her tear-covered face. Her pretty green eyes twinkled vibrantly as they caught the moonlight. She shyly glanced over at Ash.

“Yup that‘s me,” the boy mumbled bashfully. As he met eyes with the girl, he could feel his cheeks getting warm, but he didn’t exactly know why.

“So, I’m sorry to bother you,” he continued, “but... why are you crying?”

“Oh, it's nothing,” the girl muttered as she wiped her tears with her shirt sleeve.

“Doesn’t seem like nothing,” the boy replied quietly as he took a handkerchief out of his pocket and handed it to the girl.

“No, really. I’m all right. I was just out here getting some air,” she insisted as she accepted the piece of cloth and dried her eyes,

“Yeah, but weren't you were crying?”

“Look!” the girl finally snapped. “No offense, but I don‘t need you to worry about me. I said I’m fine. Now, if you‘ll excuse me…”

She stood up from the bench and handed Ash back his handkerchief before briskly walking away and back down the garden’s pathway.

Ash and Pikachu remained seated and watched the tall, slender teen march off. He was a bit shocked at the girl’s reaction, but then again, if something was bothering him like that, he might not want some stranger being all nosey and demanding to know what was wrong either. After he thought about it for a few minutes, Ash came to the conclusion that he had come on too strongly. He didn’t know what he always did that: always felt the need to be the hero; always feeling like he had to help everyone.

There was silence for a few minutes while the two friends continued to just sit, enjoying the peace and serenity of the garden and the moonlight. But suddenly, something caught Pikachu’s eye.

“Pikapi!” he cried out and pointed up towards the starry sky.

“What is it, Pikachu?” Ash asked.

He looked up towards where his pokémon and gasped at the dazzling sight that he saw. High in the night sky he saw an extremely bright ball of colorful and radiant light. It was much larger, brighter and more intense than any of the stars in the sky or the moon, like an exploding voltorb.

"Whoa," was all Ash could say as he gazed skyward.

“Piikkaaa!” the mesmerized mouse agreed.

“I think that’s the supernova explosion that we heard about on the news yesterday,” Ash said, never taking his eyes off the huge explosion of light. “They said some star far away exploded, and it’s gonna be visible to us all week. Pretty cool, huh Pikachu?”

“Pikaah.”

“Yup. I guess it only happens once every few thousand years, so we’re pretty lucky to be able to see it.”

The two friends smiled at each other after they had again shared yet another once-in-a-lifetime memory together. They continued to gaze up at the magnificent celestial light show for awhile before Ash stood up and yawned.

“Wow, it must be really late, Pikachu,” the boy said. “I guess we'd better head back inside and get some sleep. I guess nothing exciting is going on out here after all.”

“Pika-Chu."

The two friends stood up from the park bench and began to follow the path back around the building towards the entrance of the Pokémon Center. But as they turned the corner of the building, Ash and Pikachu stopped suddenly when they heard a girl's scream.

"Hey! Oww! Get off me! Heeeelp!" they heard a voice struggled to shriek, obviously under duress.

"Shut the fuck up, you bitch!" another voice immediately hollared. This one was deep and baritone.

Immediately, Ash and Pikachu glanced over at one another with grave looks on their faces. They both nodded and took off running, following the sounds of the female screams.

The two of them sprinted along the Pokémon Center's perimeter until a couple of of shadowy figures caught their attention near a group of bushes that decorated the exterior of the stadium. The two shadows, who had clearly been wrestling on the grass, stopped when Ash yelled.

"Hey! What's going on?!"

Pikachu's furry red cheeks began to emit small crackles of yellow electricity as it stood at attention on all fours, ready to pounce on the assailants if need be.

"Help! Please help!" the shadowy figure with the female voice screamed.

As the smaller figure ran towards Ash and out of the shadows, he could see that it was none other than the girl who had stormed away just minutes ago. There were tears flowing down her terrified face as she ran behind Ash to hide. Her shirt was ripped and her pants were unzipped.

"Hey, come back here!" the male voice boomed. A huge silhouette approached Ash and emerged from the shadows as well.

A very large and muscular young man with short, heavily-gelled hair staggered towards Ash and Pikachu. As he came into the moonlight, Ash could plainly see that this guy was very drunk. His chiseled face was flushed and eyes looked bloodshot and glazed over as he stumbled across the grass.

The hulking man's skin was so tan that he almost appeared to be orange in color. His massive arms and shoulders barely squeezed into the skin-tight pastel-yellow polo shirt he was wearing with its collar turned upward. His yellow-checkered shorts and brown sandals completed his casual college frat boy look.

"Hey, b-baby... where'd you go?" he slurred, looking right past Ash and Pikachu and glaring at the girl behind him. "C'mon. Let's go back up to my room."

"That guy grabbed me when I was walking, and he pinned me to the ground!" the girl whimpered as she grasped onto Ash's arm and trembled. "He... he dragged me over there and tried to... he tried to..."

The brawny man marched closer towards them, looking extremely possessed by his intoxication. His eyes were barely open, but he growled angrily at the teens as he towered over them.

"Well if it isn't little Ash Ketchum! What are doing out here, boy? Isn't it past your bedtime?" he said in a mocking tone.

"Don't worry about it, man," the fifteen-year-old said firmly, refusing to show how nervous he was to be toe-to-toe with this enormous drunken behemoth. He wasn't exactly sure how this guy knew his name, but Ash just figured he had recognized him from the battle with Ethan.

"Who are you? Why you messin' with this girl?" Ash demanded when the man continued to eye the scared girl like some sort of predator.

Pikachu growled and bared its tiny teeth, still standing next to his trainer with his electric attacks charged and ready.

“Bwahah! Who am I?" The man bursted out laughing and nearly fell over. "Don’t tell me you don’t know who I am?!”

The man, who was probably in his mid-to-late twenties, looked offended that Ash didn’t know him. He had a menacing look on his face that was visible even at this time of night.

“Dude, are you a complete dumb-ass? Everybody knows who I am! Everybody knows Zak Seabrook!” The inebriated jock pointed at himself as he spoke in the third person.

He recognized the name right away. Zak was a pokémon trainer and a fellow tournament participant who was also in Ash’s first-round group along with Ethan Hart and Miss Lacey. He would be battling Zak in his third and final match… and more than likely, Ash would have to win that match to advance to the second round since he still didn't have much hope of beating Lacey tomorrow, an Elite Four member.

“I caught your battle on T.V. earlier today, Ketchum," he mumbled almost incoherently. "Way to get lucky!"

Ash initially took great exception to the insult, but then realized he didn't exactly have a right to.

"Look, man," the boy said as he gritted his teeth and tried to keep a cool tone. “You've obviously had too much to drink. It's probably about time for you to go inside the Pokémon Center and get some sleep."

Zak just scoffed and flexed his muscles. Ash was barely tall enough to come up to the man's broad chest.

“That girl's coming with me to my room, then," the man said very matter-of-factly as though she had no say in the matter. "I saw her first... I was just coming home from a party and I seen her walking... she's got quite the ass on her, I must say. So c'mon kid, just beat it... I can take care of her. Get lost."

The man tried to step past Ash in order to grab the crouching girl. As the boy felt the girl cowering behind him he instantly stepped to shield her from him, resulting in the two of them to bump shoulders.

"Don't fuck around, Ketchum," the man warned angrily. "I'm not someone you wanna be messin' with."

"She doesn't want to go with you," Ash said. The two of them were now just inches apart.

"Pikaaah!" the electric mouse growled loudly.

"What, are you and that pathetic little rat going to stop me?" the drunk man hiccuped.

But Zak didn't give Ash time to respond. He swiftly shoved the boy in the chest with full force. The fifteen-year-old went flying backward and collided hard against the concrete foundation of the building, looking noticeably dazed. He groaned groggily in pain and held his head.

“Now,” Zak put his huge arms around the now unprotected girl. “Where were we?”

“Get off of me, you creep! Ash!? Help me!”

“Ooh, you’re a f-feisty one! You and I are gonna have a lot of fun tonight! Now just settle down and--OUCH!!!”

Zak stopped mid-sentence, and his grasp loosened when he felt a sharp, searing pain in his forearm.

It was Pikachu. The diminutive pokémon had leapt to the rescue and sunk his small but razor-sharp teeth into Seabrook's arm when he saw that Ash was still dazed from hitting his head against the cement building.

Zak roared in pain, cursed loudly, and eventually shook the rodent off of his arm. Pikachu landed hard on the ground, but shot right back up and glared angrily at the man. The fur on the back of Pikachu's head and neck was standing straight up. Tiny, yellow warning-sparks of electricity again began emanating from his cheeks, glowing especially bright out here at night time.

The brown-haired girl ran over to Ash and helped him up. He shook off his piercing headache and both teens ran over to Pikachu who was obviously poised to attack the muscular molester once again.

“That fucking hurt! I’m gonna kill that rat, Ketchum!”

Zak looked angrily at his bleeding forearm before removing a pokéball from his pocket. He threw it towards Ash where it landed in the grass. A giant blue and black pokémon with dozens of green, slimy tentacles protruding out from underneath its body appeared and stood ready to fight.

"Tenta-CROOOOOOOOOOL!" the alien-looking pokémon roared.

“Let's fuck them up, Tentacruel!" the man barked immediately. "Use Hyper-beam, full-blast!"

Before Ash or Pikachu could react, Zak's tentacruel shot a humungous beam of multicolored energy right towards them.

Time seemed to stand still as Ash watched the sparkling wave of lethal energy heading straight for them like they were standing on the tracks in front of an oncoming train. Unable to counter with any sort of protective attack in time, Ash, Pikachu and the brown-haired teenage girl could only shut their eyes and prepare for unspeakable pain or perhaps even death depending on how strong this particular pokémon's Hyper-beam happened to be.
    Last edited by Legacy; 6th May 2010 at 01:00 AM.

Coming Soon...

Blog Entries
    Add Mako on Facebook
    Follow Mako on Tumblr

Huh. Why'd you change Silas' name?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Argorocky View Post
    Huh. Why'd you change Silas' name?
    I needed a more 'frat boy' sounding name.

Coming Soon...

Blog Entries
    Add Mako on Facebook
    Follow Mako on Tumblr

Well, just my opinion, but Silas' name was perfect for that. Now his name sounds like something outta a bad sci-fi flick :/

Page 7 of 47 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast