POKEMON: The Power Inside (Chapter 20 - Route One Rumble!) - Page 16

Page 16 of 47 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: POKEMON: The Power Inside (Chapter 20 - Route One Rumble!)

Get those Devil Horns up Magmortar123's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: POKEMON: The Power Inside (Chapter 8)

Quote Originally Posted by Legacy View Post

And to those who liked it enough to nominate me for some of the awards, thanks a million!
    No problem! You deserve it :)
    My stats
    BMGF Mentor Program!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Springer
    Would you dance on a Czechoslovakian?
    I strongly support DaniHime (Me X Orihime)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by magmortar123 View Post
    No problem! You deserve it :)
    I don't know about that, but thanks!

Anyways, just an update: Chapter 9 is in the works and will hopefully be posted within a few days.

We will find out how serious Ash's injuries are, and how it will effect his spot in the tourney. With the win, Ash advances to the second round... the only question will be whether or not he'll be well enough to participate.

Blog Entries

Will Ash be ok? I cant wait for the next chapter!!!

Blog Entries

So chapter nine this week you think? I'm chomping at the bit!

May Still Have Hope TeamGalacticMercury's Avatar

Yes! Can't wait for the next one!

Blog Entries

Hey everyone!

Just wanted to let everyone know that this story, POKEMON: The Power Inside has been nominated in the Quarterly BMGf Fic Awards for the following categories...

Best Serial Fic
    Best Future Fic
    Best Take on a Canon Character (Ash and Misty)

Just wanted to start off by thanking everyone who read and commented on my story! It's because of your loyalty and input that this story was able to be nominated.

So I encourage everyone to go to the voting thread and vote for your favorite fics!!!

And also, if anyone liked this story, POKEMON: The Power Inside, I would ask for your votes in the categories its been nominated in. I appreciate everyone who reads this story! Thanks everyone!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
    Hey everyone!

Just wanted to let everyone know that this story, POKEMON: The Power Inside has been nominated in the Quarterly BMGf Fic Awards for the following categories...

Best Serial Fic
    Best Future Fic
    Best Take on a Canon Character (Ash and Misty)

Just wanted to start off by thanking everyone who read and commented on my story! It's because of your loyalty and input that this story was able to be nominated.

So I encourage everyone to go to the voting thread and vote for your favorite fics!!!

And also, if anyone liked this story, POKEMON: The Power Inside, I would ask for your votes in the categories its been nominated in. I appreciate everyone who reads this story! Thanks everyone!
    Already voted! Keep up the good work leg...This really is a fun story to read even tho I don't particully like the anime.

Hope all the readers of this story take the time to support it in the voting!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie View Post
    So chapter nine this week you think? I'm chomping at the bit!
    Not exactly sure. Up until today I had been spending most of my time reading other people's fics in order to vote for the fic awards! Great job everyone! We definitely have a bunch of AWESOME authors on our site.

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie View Post
    Already voted! Keep up the good work leg...This really is a fun story to read even tho I don't particully like the anime.

Hope all the readers of this story take the time to support it in the voting!
    Thanks, and thanks to everyone who supports this story. I promise to reward everyone who reads and votes for this story with my best work! I am really excited to continue POKEMON: The Power Inside, and hopefully I won'd let you guys down!!

Chapter 9 will be up within a couple of days!

Blog Entries

Very great story, I really liked it. I was like "whaaat?" when Ash got shot (I think). Anyways, this is a really good story!
    -Gray [n.] Any achromatic color; any color with zero chroma, intermediate between white and black.-
    Assassins' Creed: Reborn, my newest RP

It wasn't much! Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

The story isn't bad, the character development since to be better than in the last one so I'll give you that, you could use a little more description though.

Whoooa! Crazy story, I've actually been lurking on this forum and serebii for a while but finally joined! Awesome stuff...way betterthan the last version!!! I read this story on fanfiction.net too!!

Loadz of detail and Ash seems just like the show! One thing... We need to see pidgeot and butterfree!

Blog Entries

After a semi-long layoff, here is Chapter Nine! If you remember back... just like the U.S. Men's Soccer team in our world, Ash had won the final of his first round matches against Zak Seabrook and had battled his way into the second round.

However, gunshots followed the battle... and Ash found himself on the wrong end.

PLEASE read my story! PLEASE comment if you do read! Any suggestions, feedback, criticism is welcomed!

“He’s fading fast! We gotta hurry and get him to the ER, or we’re gonna lose him!”

Underneath the bright stadium lights, a group of uniformed emergency medical technicians worked quickly to load Ash Ketchum’s unconscious and badly bleeding body onto a stretcher and into the waiting helicopter that had touched down onto the Sapphire Stadium's battlefield. Their frantic voices were nearly drowned out by the loud hum of the aircraft's engines and whirling propellers.

Pikachu, who had seen his trainer collapse following their victory but didn’t know exactly what had happened, jumped into the chopper along with Ash as the boy was being loaded in. The team of medics noticed the furry little pokémon climb on board but didn’t have time to object.

“All right! Step on it!” one of the medics shouted to the pilot. There was a distinct sense of panic in his voice as he slammed the chopper’s doors shut behind them after they had secured the patient.

The vessel’s huge, spinning blades began to kick up an enormous cloud of dust and dirt from the field as they picked up speed. Its rudders lifted up off the ground slowly and ascended up and out of the open-air stadium on its way to Sapphire City Medical Center.

Every one of the thousands of fans in attendance was silent, watching with concern as the helicopter disappeared into the night sky...

Meanwhile, in her seat high up in the second deck of the stadium, a teenage girl struggled to wipe the streaming tears from her face with her trembling hands. She bit her bottom lip hard to prevent herself from sobbing too loudly.

The redhead stood and watched as a brigade of police officers down on the battlefield disarmed Zak Seabrook of his black pistol and had him lying on his stomach on the ground in handcuffs. The maniacal man in his dirty yellow polo shirt didn't appear at all regretful after he had inexplicably shot his opponent in the abdomen multiple times after losing. His intense grey eyes showed no remorse whatsoever and his body language remained casual and nonchalant.

Misty felt sick to her stomach. This just couldn't be real. Zak Seabrook's unthinkable reaction to losing the match had been so sudden and so unbelievable that the girl refused to accept that it had actually happened. No one would shoot their opponent just because he or she lost a match.

The image of her childhood best friend lying motionless on the medics' stretcher with multiple gunshot wounds to his chest had really hit her hard and would forever be burned in her memories.

As the cops led the gunman away, Misty began to think about yesterday when she had nearly come face to face with Ash in the Pokémon Center for the first time in years. She had gathered up enough courage to make her way to the lobby where he was being grilled by reporters following his loss to Miss Lacey. But she let her fears take over when Ash spotted her spying on him. Like a coward, Misty had ended up running away.

And now, it appeared as though that strange and awkward near-encounter she and Ash had shared just one day ago might be their last. The realization that she might never again have another chance to reunite with her friend stung her in the heart like a dagger. The fear of losing him was crippling.

Misty didn't think she would ever forgive herself if Ash died before she ever had a chance to tell him how she felt about him.

… Back inside the flying aircraft, the badly injured pokémon trainer was laying helplessly on his back, his life quickly slipping away. Ash already had several tubes protruding out of his mouth and nose. His black t-shirt had been cut open to expose the gruesome-looking gunshot wounds that were still pouring out blood. The EMTs were all crouched around the boy, trying to stabilize him and measure his vitals while also attempting to stop the bleeding.

“His blood pressure is plummeting!” one of them shouted. “He's lost a lot of blood!"

“Goddammit! I think one of the bullets got his artery,” his partner yelled as he tried to apply pressure with the gauze he was holding to Ash's wounds.

“Pikapi!”

Pikachu stood by his friend’s side near his motionless face, obviously concerned and confused as to what was going on. The pokémon did know, however, that Ash was seriously hurt and that he shouldn’t try to use Thunderbolt on him to try to wake him up.

The chaos in the helicopter’s cabin intensified when the machines that were monitoring Ash’s vital signs started beeping rapidly like a fire alarm over the steady buzz of the engine. The boy’s body began to convulse violently on the stretcher as he began to cough up huge amounts of blood.

“Shit! We’re losing him! We’re losing him! Radio the hospital!”

“Rescue One to Sapphire Medical Center, do you read me?! We are approaching for landing, but we’re losing the patient fast... Patient's a teenage male, sustained multiple gunshot wounds to the chest and abdomen... unknown if any vital organs were hit... We’ve got to get him to the ER immediately!” one of the medics screamed over the radio.

“Rescue One, you are cleared for landing,” a female voice on the other end replied. “There will be a crew waiting on the roof to receive the patient and transfer him immediately to the emergency room.”

“All right, copy that!” the man said before throwing the radio down to focus again on Ash. “Come on, kid! Don’t die on us! We’re almost there!”

“My baby! Where is he?! Is my son going to be all right?!” Delia Ketchum screamed as she burst through the emergency room's glass front doors in a panic. Terrified tears were streaming down the her face as she ran up to the front desk in the waiting room of the hospital. The hysterical brown-haired woman was followed by Dawn, May, Max, Johanna and Brock, all of whom looked equally as concerned.

The fourteen-year-old from Twinleaf Town was especially shaken as she sprinted behind Delia towards the front desk.

Dawn and the others had all been in the stands when the horrifying incident had occurred. The group had been sitting probably about fifty feet away from Ash when Zak shot him. The close view of the incomprehensible crime had definitely rattled all of Ash's friends.

Almost immediately after the helicopter had come to pick Ash up and transport him to the hospital, the six of them had rushed over as fast as they could.

“Ash! Where is he? Is he going to be okay?!” Dawn demanded, pounding her fists on the wooden desk.

“What can you tell us, Nurse Joy?!” added Brock, who seemed to be much too concerned about Ash's condition to notice the beauty of the attractive pink-haired woman behind the front desk.

“You’ve all got to remain calm!” the nurse said while waving her arms to gain the group's attention. “I know that it’s a difficult thing to ask right now, but panicking won’t solve anything.”

“I’m s-sorry, Nurse Joy,” Delia said, trying to compose herself. “I’m just so worried about my son. He’s still… alive, isn’t he?” She could barely bring herself to ask the question, but she had to know.

Dawn's mother quietly held Delia in a sort of comforting embrace, for whatever that as worth.

“As far as I know, Ms. Ketchum. Ash is in emergency surgery right now. We should know more about his condition as soon as he's out.”

Everyone was in such a panic that they didn’t notice when a man wearing blue scrubs walked into the waiting room with Pikachu in his arms. The little electric pokémon didn’t look too happy, but he hadn’t shocked the man… yet.

“Pikachu?” Max said and ran up to the man to take the pokémon from him.

“This little guy can’t be back there during the surgery,” the man said in a rather cold tone.

Pikachu jumped into Max’s arms but glared back at the surgeon in the scrubs as its cheeks began to spark angrily.

“Easy, Pikachu,” the boy said in a soothing tone. “These guys are just trying to help Ash. We gotta let them do their job.”

Pikachu softened his scowl as soon as he heard this.

“Look, it’s going to be a few hours until we know anything for sure,” the male doctor commented from behind his face mask. “I suggest you folks go back to your hotel, and we’ll contact you when we complete the surgery.”

“Are you crazy?!” Dawn shouted angrily as she stomped aggressively towards the man until she was almost toe to toe with him. “We’re staying right here! I suggest you get back in there and make sure Ash is going to be okay!”

The girl was furious at how this surgeon didn't seem to care that the boy who meant more to her than anyone else in the world was in danger of dying. The way the doctor made it seem like Ash's emergency surgery was just some boring event that they might as well not even stick around for made Dawn's blood boil.

“Dawn! Don't be so rude!” her mother scolded.

“I'm sorry, Mom, but I'm not going anywhere until we know whether or not he's going to be okay!”

Everyone else seemed to agree with the girl judging by the stern and determined looks on all of their faces. None of them would ever think about leaving the hospital before at least finding out Ash’s prognosis.

“Suit yourselves,” the man sighed. “Make yourselves comfortable here in the waiting room. We’ll let you know when we’re finished. But I must warn you all… one of the bullets did come dangerously close to his heart, and I can't make any promises. All I can tell you is that we're doing the best we can.”

And with that, the doctor turned around and returned to where Ash was being operated on. Dawn, May, Max, Brock, Johanna and Ash's mother were left with nothing they could do except wait and pray for the best.

The minutes crawled by at an excruciating slow pace as the group waiting for Ash to get out of surgery. Max and Brock were watching the television in the corner of the waiting room while Dawn, May, and Johanna did their best to comfort Delia, who was understandably a nervous wreck.

“… Our top news story tonight: A pokémon battle ends in gunfire... The entire world watches and waits for word on the condition of trainer, Ash Ketchum… As many of you at home have probably already seen on television, Ketchum was shot multiple times earlier this evening by his opponent, Zak Seabrook following their battle today at the World Champions League Tournament in Sapphire City...”

“Pikah?”

Pikachu sounded shocked as he watched the news program air a censored replay of what had happened earlier that day. The pokémon hadn't seen exactly why his trainer had to be air-lifted here in the first place, but he finally understood once he saw the footage of the hulking man calmly reaching into the cargo pocket of his khaki shorts and pulling out a black pistol.

“What the hell kind of reaction is that?! Why would that guy shoot Ash just because he lost the match?! It doesn't make any sense!” Brock growled angrily as he watched the T.V. screen.

“Why does anyone shoot anyone?” May replied sadly from her seat in the waiting room. “Violence never makes any sense.”

The rest of the group nodded joylessly.

The news anchor continued,“Following the gunman's bizarre and tragic post-game reaction, Zak Seabrook was taken into custody by police and faces felony assault… and possible first degree murder charges for his actions earlier today.

… As for Ketchum, he was air-lifted to Sapphire City Medical Center. Hospital officials refuse to comment on the condition of the fifteen-year-old, but the scene at the stadium certainly didn’t look good. The thoughts and prayers of everyone here at World News Nightly are with the young man, his family and friends. We’ll keep you posted as soon as we hear anything…

… Now in other news, police continue the baffling search for the missing inmate from Blackburn Island Pris--”

Brock switched the television off as soon as the update on Ash had concluded. He didn’t feel much like watching television with his friend’s life in danger.

He and Max got up and walked over the where Delia, Dawn, May, and Johanna were sitting. Max plopped down next to his sister and rested his head on her shoulder. Brock took a nearby seat as well and together, they all waited anxiously for any word on Ash.

SEVERAL HOURS LATER…

Everyone had nodded off in their seats there in the waiting room when Nurse Joy returned. It had obviously been a long and traumatic day for all of them.

“Excuse me, Ms. Ketchum?” the young woman whispered, gently touching Delia’s shoulder in order to wake her up.

“Huh?! Oh! Ash?! How is he?” Delia stammered as soon as she remembered where she was. Her shouts woke everyone else up as well. They were all afraid to hear what Nurse Joy had to say.

“Is Ash out of surgery?” May asked timidly. “Is he going to be all right?”

“He's out of surgery, but I have to be honest with you all,” Joy said in a grim tone. “One of the bullets punctured his lung and another ruptured his left ventricle. He survived the surgery, but…”

“’But what?!” Delia and rest of them shouted in unison.

“But Ash is on a ventilator and it's hard to say whether or not he will survive the night.”

“What?!” Dawn screamed, her normally bright blue eyes were red and bloodshot from all the crying she had been doing.

“All we can do is hope that he pulls through. The surgeons have done everything they can, but there was only so much they could do. The rest is up to him. He’s resting as comfortably as possible right now. We can only hope and pray that he comes out of it and is able to recover.”

“S-so, there’s a ch-chance he’ll…. d-die?!” Dawn asked sheepishly, almost whispering.

“Yes. I’m afraid so,” Nurse Joy replied honestly yet compassionately. “Look, I‘m not going to lie to you, there is a strong possibility that Ash won‘t ever wake up from this. We will continue to monitor him and in a few days we should be able to determine whether or not it’s practical to keep him on life-support.”

“Oh my gosh!” May sobbed as she covered her face and collapsed back into one of the waiting room chairs.

“Wait, what do you mean, Nurse Joy? Why wouldn't we keep Ash on life-support?” Brock asked.

“Well, even though he isn't conscious and the machine he's hooked up to is breathing for him, he is undoubtedly in a lot of pain. And if it gets to a point where we know he won't recover, it might be best to… pull the plug, so to speak, and put him out of his misery.”

It was clear that Nurse Joy felt pained to have to be so truthful to Ash’s friends and family.

“No way! Ash is a fighter! He can beat this!” Max shouted, obviously not willing to accept the boy's grim diagnosis.

“Pika-Pikachu!” Pikachu chimed in, knowing better than anyone how strong Ash’s will was.

“Well, it’s good that you are all so positive,” Joy commended. “Now, would you like to go in and see him?”

Dawn and the others vehemently nodded their heads and shot up out of their chairs.

“Alright, follow me then.” The young nurse led the group from the waiting area down a hallway to Ash’s room in the intensive care unit.

After the Nurse opened the door for them, Delia began to break down once again when she saw her son lying in the bed. Various tubes and machines were connected to the boy who, judging by the intense look on his face, looked like he was in a lot of pain.

“Oh, my poor baby!” was all Delia could say as she began to sob. She bent down and kissed Ash gently on the forehead. “Please! Please come back to us, Sweetie! You can’t… you can’t leave me. I love you, Ash.”

Johanna, who also had tears flowing from her eyes, walked up to once again place a comforting arm around Delia’s shoulder.

“Pikapi…” Pikachu jumped up onto Ash’s bed and gently hugged Ash’s arm. Tiny tears began to well up in the rodent's eyes.

Brock, Max, May and Dawn stood back, allowing the grieving mother to be with her son. Dawn was more than a little distraught over how frail and weak Ash looked. She and the others were so used to seeing Ash as the hyperactive pokémon trainer, full of life with that trademark twinkle in his big brown eyes.

But this Ash was very different. He didn't look like himself at all. His face was as pale as a silcoon and blood that had apparently escaped from his bandaged wounds stained the front of the cream-colored hospital gown he was wearing.

No one said a word for probably fifteen minutes or so. After that, Nurse Joy returned to the room.

“All right, I’m sorry but I’m going to have to ask you all to return to the waiting room. The doctors need to run some more tests. You can come back to be with Ash after that.”

“Okay. Thank you, Nurse,” Johanna replied, coaxing the trembling Delia to her feet. “Maybe we should go back to the hotel for the night, Delia. It’s getting late, and there isn’t anything more we can do here tonight. Ash is in good hands.”

Delia was too hysterical with grief to disagree. Johanna gathered up the woman's purse for her and everyone exited Ash’s room.

“If it’s all right, Mom, I’d like to stay here,” Dawn said when the group had returned to the waiting room. “I want to be here in case something happens.”

“Well, I’d rather you didn’t stay here all by yourself, Dawn.”

“I’ll stay too,” May instantly volunteered.

“Me too!” Max said.

"Pikah!"

“I’m gonna stay too,” Brock said. “Will you two be okay getting back to the hotel?”

“Yes, we’ll be fine,” Johanna replied with a warm smile. “I just think Delia needs some rest. It’s been a terrible day to say the least. We’ll be back in the morning. Dawn, you have my cell number if anything comes up.”

“Th-thank you all,” Delia spoke gratefully in between sobs. “Ash is lucky to have f-friends like you.”

The two women said farewell and exited the hospital. Max, May, Dawn, Brock, and Pikachu were left in the empty waiting room to worry. They tried to pass the time by watching television, playing cards, and reminiscing about the past, but it was no use. With their friend clinging to life in the next room, none of them could really focus on anything else.

After about an hour and a half, Nurse Joy returned once again to check on the gang. Brock, May and Max were slumped over in their chairs, soundly asleep after all the day’s chaos. Pikachu was curled up in a furry yellow ball in May's arms, sleeping as well. Dawn was the only one still wide awake and jumped to her feet as soon as she saw the pink-haired nurse.

“How’s he doing?!” the girl asked before the nurse could speak.

“Nothing’s changed, I’m afraid,” she replied somewhat sadly. “But he’s stabilized at least. You can see him again if you’d like.”

“Yes, of course,” Dawn said right away. She jumped to her feet. She followed Joy back into Ash’s room and pulled up a chair next to his bed and sat down.

She looked down at Ash’s face. It was partially hidden by the winding, plastic breathing tubes, but she could plainly see how much pain he was in, how much he was struggling to live.

“Oh, Ash,” she whispered. “Please wake up.”

Dawn reached over and took Ash’s hand, which felt cold and limp in hers. She leaned over and rested her head carefully on his chest, tears steadily streaming down her face now. She remained silent for a while before she eventually spoke.

“Come on, Ash. You know I’m not very good at goodbyes. You and I have been through too much for it to end like this.”

Seeing Ash like this made Dawn think back to when she had first met him all the way back in her home region of Sinnoh almost five years ago. She remembered it like it was only yesterday.

It was her tenth birthday and the first day of her pokémon journey. She and Piplup had found an exhausted Pikachu who had been separated from Ash when they had first arrived in Sinnoh.

They found Pikachu stumbling around and tried their best to protect it from Team Rocket, who was trying to steal it as usual. Piplup was only a baby back then and it couldn’t protect Pikachu from Team Rocket’s huge mechanical robot. The robot was just about to capture the young penguin-pokémon as well, but that’s when Ash came to the rescue.

Dawn remembered being so stunned when Ash climbed up a nearby tree and bravely risked his life by leaping onto the enormous machine to save Pikachu.

“Remember that Ash? I was so amazed by you and how far you would go to make sure your friends were safe… I guess you haven’t changed a bit… I’m still amazed by you Ash… I‘m always amazed by you.”

Dawn lifted her head up and kissed him on the cheek just like she had done a few days ago. But this time, she wasn’t apprehensive about it at all. She thought back to a few days ago when she had been freaking out about how awkward things would be between the two of them after the kiss... oh, what she wouldn't give to feel that way now. At least that would mean Ash's health wouldn't be in doubt.

“… So you see, you have to wake up! We still have so many more adventures to go on together. Remember last week when you told me you’d come with me to help find a new dress for my next contest? Well, who’s gonna come with me if you… if you…” Dawn couldn’t even bring herself to think about Ash dying.

“Please! Please come back to me, Ash! I need you… to tell me that there’s no need to worry. I need you, Ash… I… I love you.”

Dawn was still resting her head on Ash’s chest. She heard and felt his weak heart beating slowly, and it gave her a faint glimmer of hope.

MEANWHILE...

It was late at night now as a shadowy figure ran hurriedly down the streetlamp-lit road towards the large hospital building. Each running footstep she made echoed loudly against the concrete.

The beautiful moonlight, not to mention the additional glow from the still-visible Millennium Supernova in the night sky teased the girl as she ran; she had no time to soak in the midnight sky’s allure.

It was a chilly night, although the teen girl wasn’t sure whether the shivers that she felt trickling down her back were due to the fact that she wore only a snug, white ‘wife-beater’ top and cut-off denim shorts or because of the extreme anxiety and fear she felt inside.

The girl, Misty from Cerulean City, was panting heavily by the time she slowed her pace as she finally reached the glass, sliding doors at the front of the hospital's emergency room. A few small venomoths were fluttering around the attractive florescent lights above the doors as they smartly opened for the girl, letting her into the ER's warm and well-lit lobby.

She walked up to the unoccupied front desk and leaned against it, holding herself up with her arms as she struggled to catch her breath. She wiped the sweat from her brow and readjusted her rusty red hair into a new ponytail.

Was there anyone in charge at this hospital? The girl knew it was late, probably close to 2 a.m., but wasn’t there supposed to be someone on duty around the clock?

Misty looked over to the nearby waiting room area to her right and gasped when she saw the four familiar figures snoozing in chairs, all of whom looked uncomfortable and strained in their sleep. She recognized Brock, May and Max right away despite the contorted position their bodies were in while they slept in the rigid waiting room chairs. She had missed them dearly. She wished their reunion would have been under happier circumstances.

And of course, Pikachu... Ash's beloved partner, his very first pokémon, was sleeping soundly against May's bosom.

Misty felt a sharp pang of guilt overtake her as she saw all of Ash’s friends acting so loyal by sleeping here while his health remained in question.

Misty had witnessed the gruesome scene many hours ago at the stadium, but was ashamed that it had taken her this long to gather up the courage to come to the hospital to visit him. She had desperately prayed the entire way over here that it wasn’t too late.

Eventually, after about three excruciating minutes which felt more like hours, a young nurse wearing a white smock and matching hair kerchief walked up from the back room and greeted the girl.

“Hello, how can I help you?” the nurse asked rather casually after she had concluded that this girl wasn’t here because she herself needed medical attention.

Misty managed a polite smile, but was clearly still rather panicked.

“Uh… I’m here to see Ash Ketchum,” she stammered nervously. She paused and then added, “I’m a friend of his.”

Nurse Joy had an uncomfortable look on her face when she realized that this girl obviously didn’t know the graveness of Ash’s situation. Was this girl really a close friend of Ash’s? Or was she just some fan girl or media member trying to catch a glimpse of the injured tournament trainer?

“What’s your name, young lady?”

“Misty, ma’am.”

“Well Misty, it’s very late… I’m afraid visiting hours are over for the day. You would have been better served to have come earlier, young lady.”

Misty’s shoulder’s slumped when she heard this. She fought back hard against the wetness in her blue-green eyes. She regretted deeply her apprehension earlier that day. She should have rushed over immediately after the incident with Zak had occurred.

There had been a time where Misty would have vehemently argued the nurse’s ruling. She would have growled, shouted, kicked, screamed, whatever it would take to get her way. But now she was too ashamed and distraught to really put up a fight so she just turned and sadly began to walk towards the exit.

She stopped when she heard another female voice shout from across the room, “Misty, wait!”

The redhead turned around and her sea-green eyes grew big when she saw a beautiful blue-haired girl in a pink skirt running up to her. Misty didn't recognize this girl, but obviously the girl knew her.
    “Nurse Joy, it’s all right. She's telling the truth,” the girl said to Joy.

“Very well then, Dawn.” Nurse Joy said as she smiled slightly before exiting the lobby.

After the nurse had left, Misty turned to the blue-eyed teen in the skirt – Dawn, as the nurse had called her – and gave her a grateful look.

“Thanks, Dawn,” the redhead said simply. “My name's Mis--”

“I know who you are,” the girl interrupted in a cold and hostile tone which caught Misty by surprise. “So nice of you to show up finally, Misty.”

The sixteen-year-old didn't know what to say. Who was this girl? Was it Ash's girlfriend? A part of Misty began to feel the twinge of jealousy creep up her spine, but she knew Dawn's sarcastic comment was completely justified. Misty was extremely ashamed that it had taken her more than five hours to make it down to the hospital to see someone she considered her very best friend.

The girl gave Misty another disgusted scowl. She looked like she wanted to physically fight her, but instead, Dawn reluctantly filled Misty in on the whole situation and how there was a good chance Ash wouldn't survive the shooting.

The normally tough, tomboyish gym leader instantly stopped in her tracks. Her heart sunk down to the floor, and she felt like she had been kicked in the gut. The girl had expected that Ash’s condition was bad, but she had truly thought that he would pull through like always. Misty hadn’t expected this visit to be a farewell.

“I guess you should go see him,” Dawn said, still in a combative tone. “That's why you came isn't it?”

Misty was a bit surprised that Dawn had given her blessing to go see Ash, but she wasn't going to argue. Still surprisingly composed all things considered, Misty bravely continued to walk down the hall and into Ash’s hospital room as hot tears streamed down her face. She was trying desperately to hang on to the last bits of hope she still had.

Misty felt her heart literally aching as soon as she saw Ash lying in his bed, tubes and bandages all obstructing her view of his face. She remained at the doorway just crying silently.

She had always worried about what she would say to Ash the first time she saw him after all the time apart, and a small part of her was actually relieved that she did not have to awkwardly stammer for words at this time. But she angrily scolded herself for thinking this way. How could she be glad about anything at this point?

The girl nervously stepped towards Ash’s bed careful not to disturb any of the wiry tubing protruding out from his arms. She shuddered at the sight of so many machines and contraptions hooked up to her friend.

She pulled over the folding chair that had been left in the room by someone else and plopped down next to him.

“Hey, Ash,” Misty said plainly, not knowing exactly what else to say. “It’s me.”

____

That's it, OMG! Ash and Misty reunited!

Please take just a minute or two to COMMENT and let me know what I can improve.

Get those Devil Horns up Magmortar123's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: POKEMON: The Power Inside (Chapter 9)

Very nice! I loved all the interactions, and I can tell it's getting pretty serious. I loved Misty also. Keep it up!
    My stats
    BMGF Mentor Program!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Springer
    Would you dance on a Czechoslovakian?
    I strongly support DaniHime (Me X Orihime)

Great chapter. It was worth the wait. But to tell the truth, every chapter from this story is worth the wait.
    [WARNING SPOILERS FROM A Savior's Legacy]
    If I remember well the Blackburn Island Prision from the news article will return. But the story is a little bit different thus I don't know if the escaped prisoner would have the same role...
    [END SPOILERS!]

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blastdragon View Post
    Great chapter. It was worth the wait. But to tell the truth, every chapter from this story is worth the wait.
    [WARNING SPOILERS FROM A Savior's Legacy]
    If I remember well the Blackburn Island Prision from the news article will return. But the story is a little bit different thus I don't know if the escaped prisoner would have the same role...
    [END SPOILERS!]

You will just have to read on to find out!

Page 16 of 47 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)