POKEMON: The Power Inside (Chapter 20 - Route One Rumble!) - Page 13

Page 13 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: POKEMON: The Power Inside (Chapter 20 - Route One Rumble!)

Default Re: POKEMON: The Power Inside

Awww poor Ash what a shame. It looked like he was gonna win there for a moment. Anyway awesome chapter can't wait to read more.

Get those Devil Horns up Magmortar123's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Great chapter!!! Wish Ash would've won though :(
    My stats
    BMGF Mentor Program!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Springer
    Would you dance on a Czechoslovakian?
    I strongly support DaniHime (Me X Orihime)

Blog Entries

There is still another battle, haha. You'll have to wait and see what happens.

How do I used tense? SSJ3_Raditz's Avatar

*reads chapter 5*

WAIT, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH DAWN'S DREAM! ARRRGHH!

*gets shot for being a pervert*

The One and Only Captain Falcon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Other than the previous error I found and the fact that this is an epic series so far, all I can say is that the preliminaries better be in Swiss format, meaning everyone has a chance to battle everyone. If they are in that format, Ash is currently 1-1 at 50%, meaning he's tied for second with a third of the field and a chance to continue.

Double elimination would be fine as well, though that means Ash can't lose again if he is to make it to the finals or even win.

Single elimination, while I'm normally ok with it, this time it would seem to be a bit harsh.
    The one and only Captain Falcon!

Shoddy Battle Server: Online (advanced connect) (IP: 65.13.84.34 Port Number: 1234)
    My shoddy battle status: Offline (Username: 40KEndgame)

Groups:
    Earth Defense Coalition | The 41st Millennium
    Fanfictions:
    Pokemon: Infinite Universes: FireRed/LeafGreen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Master Luxray View Post
    Other than the previous error I found and the fact that this is an epic series so far, all I can say is that the preliminaries better be in Swiss format, meaning everyone has a chance to battle everyone. If they are in that format, Ash is currently 1-1 at 50%, meaning he's tied for second with a third of the field and a chance to continue.

Double elimination would be fine as well, though that means Ash can't lose again if he is to make it to the finals or even win.

Single elimination, while I'm normally ok with it, this time it would seem to be a bit harsh.
    As it states in chapter one: the tournament is a 64-trainer competition in which the 64 trainers are divided up into 16 groups of 4. Each trainer in the group battles the other three trainers, with the top 2 out of 4 advancing to the second round...the second round is single elim. (The best real world example would be the world cup of soccer)

Talking Re: POKEMON: The Power Inside

Ash is facing Zak Seabrook next right...

MY PREDICTION: Ash decides to take the coin for his final battle... Ash + mysterious gold coin with mysterious powers = Ash dominates the battle and wipes the floor with Zak, but then the coin makes Ash go absolutely mental and seeks revenge against Zak for the Hyper Beam incident... and so Ash, at the mercy of the coin, goes on a rampage destroying everything and trying to kill Zak, MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

But seriously folks

once again, Legacy my good man, another great chapter... cannot wait to see what you have cooking for us in the exciting installment.
    FORMERLY: The man with no name...

I! AM NOT! A MORON! Sith Droideka's Avatar

Or, Zak will get away with his near-murder of Ash. In which case, I want to see him die a Karmic death. Or just shot by the "mysterious man".
    ALL Pokémon Are EQUAL, But SOME Pokémon Are MORE EQUAL Than Others

Oceania is at war with Eurasia Eastasia Eurasia Eastasia, and has always been at war with them!

WAR IS PEACE. FREEDOM IS SLAVERY. IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH. GOD IS POWER.

Next PolySci/Econ Test: November 8, 2016; Your crash-course will begin January 2013.

Galvantula ≥ Kyurem > Mewtwo > Arceus

Blog Entries

OH MY GOSH THAT FIRST PARAGRAPH IS AMAZING!

Quote Originally Posted by Amajishi-san View Post
    but then the coin makes Ash go absolutely mental and seeks revenge against Zak for the Hyper Beam incident... and so Ash, at the mercy of the coin, goes on a rampage destroying everything and trying to kill Zak, MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
    Hey Legacy. Please, please don't do this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JSnake View Post
    Hey Legacy. Please, please don't do this.
    You'll just have to read and find out!

Blog Entries

I love your FanFic. Your introduction always hooks me in.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alster08 View Post
    I love your FanFic. Your introduction always hooks me in.
    Thanks alster, your's is good as well.

Blog Entries

Oh ya if you want my Chapter 11 is up.

Blog Entries

“Oh my! What an amazing battle!” Agatha exclaimed from her seat after the final decision was announced by the referee.

The elderly woman gazed down at the field and smiled warmly.

“Ash looks disappointed,” she observed, “but he really shouldn't be. He fought hard and gave Miss Lacey quite a battle. He should be proud.”

There was no response from the teenage girl in the seat next to Agatha. Everyone in attendance was still boisterously applauding the two competitors for the world-class battle they had just waged. The volume in the stadium was unreal.

Misty simply sat without saying a word as allowed the incredible moment to soak in. She felt like a kid again to be watching her friend chase his dreams on the battlefield. It definitely brought back a lot of memories.

While many of the male fans around her were cheering for and fawning over the scantily dressed Miss Lacey as she strutted off the field, Misty never took her eyes off of Ash.

It broke her heart to watch as he made his way towards the field level's exit tunnel back to the Pokémon Center. His head was down and his shoulders slumped. He was clearly disappointed to have been so close to defeating such an amazing trainer.

Despite the loss, however, the Cerulean gym leader was so proud of her friend and the way he and his pokémon had battled against one of the best trainers alive. Misty was speechless. All she could do was stare down at the now-empty field and smile. There was a joyous twinkle in her blue-green eyes.

“Uh… Misty? Are you all right, dear?” Agatha noticed that the girl she had met on the airplane wasn’t responding. “Perhaps, you’d like to go down to the Pokémon Center and meet up with your friend? I’m sure he’ll be very glad to see you!”

This caused Misty to snap out of her trance.

“Huh? Oh… right. Yeah, I should go and talk to him....” the girl’s voice trailed off and sounded unmistakably nervous.

It was clear that she was very apprehensive about the idea of seeing Ash face-to-face after all the time that had passed since she had last spoken to him. And the fact that he wouldn't be in a very good mood after such a close loss didn't do anything to ease her nerves.

“Misty,” Agatha placed her hand on the young girl’s arm. “Don’t worry! You came all this way to see him. Now’s not the time to be scared.”

Easier said than done, Misty thought to herself.

Still, the girl forced herself to stand up from her seat. She thanked the old woman for getting her into the match on such short notice, and also for being so kind to her on the airplane. The sixteen-year-old started to walk towards the aisle and make her way down to the stadium’s Pokemon Center, but stopped and turned back to the elderly woman.

“Agatha? What about you? Where are you going to go?” Misty asked, feeling uneasy about just leaving the old woman on her own.

“Oh, don’t you worry about me, Misty. I’m a big girl, I can handle myself. You just go and see your friend,” Agatha urged and smiled as she shooed the girl away.

And while she was terrified to be doing so, Misty side stepped her way across the aisle and then down the stadium steps towards field level. Her mind was racing as she made her way in the direction of the adjoining Pokémon Center to where Ash Ketchum would be.

“Great job out there,” Ash said genuinely to his pikachu as the two walked through the tunnel on their way back to the Pokémon Center.

“Pika...” the electric mouse sighed, looking ashamed that he had let his trainer down.

“Don't worry about it, Pikachu. We almost won. We had her until the very end,” the boy said comfortingly. “If I hadn't had you running around so much out there, you wouldn't have been so tired out at the end.”

The teenage trainer was noticeably disappointed about losing. Losing always bothered Ash. But he held his head high knowing that they had come so close to upsetting one of the very best pokémon trainers on the planet. And as Ash remembered his mysterious gold coin sitting safely back in the nightstand drawer at the Pokémon Center, he took solace in that fact that he and his pokémon had battled valiantly... all by themselves.

“Pika. Pika.”

“Yup, we still have one more battle. If we win tomorrow, we still have a chance at advancing to the second round,” the boy said.

Suddenly, Ash and Pikachu stopped in their tracks when they reached the end of the tunnel. The two friends entered the Pokémon Center's lobby to the throng of reporters and photographers who were all waiting for them. All of the reporters shouted out their questions at once, and the cameras and flashbulbs were exploding at a chaotic rate, nearly blinding Ash and Pikachu in the process.

“Mr. Ketchum! Mr. Ketchum! What went wrong out there?”

“Ash, can we ask you a few questions about why you lost the match?!”

“Ash, Ash Ketchum?! Over here! Just a few pictures, please!”

Pikachu jumped onto his trainer’s shoulder as the teen did his best to push his way through the media members, struggling to answer questions as he walked through the crowded lobby. It was utter chaos, and Ash certainly wasn't feeling like dealing with the media at the moment.

“Mr. Ketchum, next you will face Zak Seabrook in your final first round match. He soundly defeated Ethan Hart earlier this morning, which means the winner of the match between you and Seabrook will most likely advance to Round Two, while the loser will be eliminated… What are your thoughts about the “do-or-die” match tomorrow?”

The boy was somewhat shocked to hear that Zak had “soundly” defeated Ethan earlier that day. Hart was a world-renowned trainer whom Ash had obviously beaten already, but had done so with the aid of his 'good luck charm.' If Zak had beaten him easily, Ash knew he would have his work cut out for him tomorrow.

Ash stopped in the middle of the mob and responded carefully to the reporter’s question. Dozens of microphones and voice recorders were being pushed into his face as he spoke.

“Well, from what I’ve heard, Zak is a fierce battler with strong pokémon, so I’ll definitely have to show up tomorrow ready to do my best.”

The reporter who had asked the previous question apparently wasn’t convinced with Ash’s relatively vanilla answer. He shoved his microphone closer to the boy's face as he continued to pry, trying to get him to say something more colorful.

“A lot of people are already picking Seabrook to beat you tomorrow and advance on to the second round,” the reporter said in a slightly antagonistic tone. “They are saying his incredible pokémon will be nearly impossible for an inexperienced trainer like yourself to defeat. Your thoughts?”

Ash tried hard not to scowl at the reporter for asking such a loaded question. The teen swallowed hard and took a deep breath before responding, trying his best to remain calm and cool.

“Well, I think I have a great chance to win tomorrow. Anything can happen out there on the field. I'm sure his pokémon are tough, but we both lost to Miss Lacey, so it should be a pretty even match-up between the two of us.”

“HAH! You’ve got to be kidding me, Ketchum!” someone from behind Ash scoffed loudly.

Ash, Pikachu and the large mob of media members all turned around to see who it was.

The teen's mood worsened when he saw that it was Zak Seabrook himself. He had an amused smirk on his smug, tanned face. His brawny arms were folded in front of his chest, and he continued to laugh at what Ash had just told the reporter about the match-up between the two of them being equal.

“Ketchum, you’re a bigger dumb-ass than I thought,” Zak said, fully aware that the cameras and reporters were capturing the moment. “If you think you’re even half as good as me, you’re dreaming!”

Ash just glared at the man. He wasn't sure if the hulking brute even remembered anything about last night after how drunk he had been, but even if this guy hadn't have tried to rape Lexi and kill Ash outside the stadium, the man's arrogant and confrontational attitude was enough for the boy to want badly to defeat him tomorrow.

Pikachu growled and tiny yellow sparks began to spew from its cheeks when it recognized Zak from the night before.

What a piece of scum, Ash thought.

The cameras continued to flash like strobe-lights. The media were loving this confrontation. Zak’s grin grew wider when he noticed that he had obviously gotten to Ash.

“You may think you're the man now because you almost beat an Elite Four trainer,” the jock said with a chuckle. “But the truth is, Ketchum, you got lucky that she didn't wipe the floor with you and those pathetic pokémon!”

“What are you talking about, you meat-head?! What do you mean, I got lucky?”

The cameras shifted their focus back and forth between Ash and Zak as they continued to bicker, each trainer walking slowly closer towards one another by the second. The reporters were all holding their microphones close to the two trainers' faces, desperate to get this heated confrontation on tape.

“You mean to tell me that your so stupid that you didn’t realize that Lacey wasn't even using her regular pokémon against you?” the man scoffed, as he ran his fingers through his bleach-tipped spiky hair.

“What?!”

“Wow, don't you have a T.V. in that worthless little town of yours?” Zak berated. “Lacey's top three pokémon: Dewgong, Abomasnow, and Mamoswine... they're world famous! And all three were resting when she battled you! I had to battle all three of them! They were incredible... hell, they had to be for her to beat me… So before you go and pat yourself on the back too hard for almost beating her, don't forget that you battled against Lacey's backups and still lost! Hahaha...”

With that, Zak turned and began to strut across the lobby towards his room. As the burly man walked away, he shouted loud enough for Ash and the reporters to hear, “Tomorrow, Ketchum! I’m going to punish you and that puny Pikachu in front of the entire world! And this time... I won't miss.”

The mob of reporters hounded Ash again once Zak had left. They were looking for a response to what the man had said about Miss Lacey and her strategy of resting her top pokémon against Ash.

Pikachu seemed nervous from his spot on Ash’s shoulder. He didn’t like being surrounding by all these strange people like this. The aggressiveness of the journalists had certainly increased as they continued to push and shove to get close to the boy and his electric mouse, all shouting at once in their ears.

“Ash, where does the bad blood between you and Zak Seabrook originate from?”

“Does what Zak said give you any extra motivation for tomorrow?”

“Do you think the match would have played out differently if Lacey would have used her regular pokémon?”

Ash struggled to answer their questions about Zak and Miss Lacey, and sweat began to form on his brow from the pressure. Any good feelings he had gained from his narrow lost vanished upon hearing that he had lost to the woman's reserve pokémon.

Initially, the close loss to Lacey had given him hope because it taught him that he could compete here against these trainers without some supernatural good luck charm. But now, knowing that he had been defeated by his opponent's second-rate battlers, all his confidence was now shot.

The teen continued to stammer his way through the reporters' questioning.

“Uh… it’s hard to say what would have happened. I mean… Miss Lacey is a great trainer--” Ash stopped mid-sentence when something from across the lobby suddenly caught his eye.

All the way across the room, past the mob of people, near the hallway which led to Ash and the other trainers’ rooms, he saw a strange person peeking around the corner. From the distance, the boy couldn't see who it was, but it looked like a girl. Her head was just barely peeking out from around a corner, and her one visible eye was looking straight at Ash.

“Excuse me one second,” he said.

Ash started walking and attempted to push through the mob of media people. As he walked, he tried to get a clear view at the strange girl who was spying on him from the other side of the lobby, but large camera equipment and the sheer number of people crowded around him blocked her from his view. The reporters tried following him as he walked, but he politely yet firmly made it clear that he was done answering questions for the day.

Finally Ash cleared the crowd and began heading in the girl's direction. As soon as he made it obvious that he had noticed her, she got spooked. She quickly turned and ran away down the hallway before he could get a good look at her.

As she turned to run, Ash saw the fair-skinned and slender girl’s medium-length, red hair flowing behind her, but not her face. He didn’t know who this girl was or why she had been spying on him, but something about her seemed familiar.

He couldn’t pinpoint it, but something inside of him told him that he should follow the girl, so he rushed across the lobby to chase after her.

Pikachu fell off of Ash’s shoulder when the boy abruptly took off running, but quickly caught up and ran along side his trainer. The diminutive rodent didn’t know what they were running for, but he scurried along anyway.

“Hey! Wait up!” Ash called out to the girl as the two of them sprinted down the winding hallway after her.

The boy and his pokémon weaved their way through the narrow hallways recklessly, barely avoiding strolling trainers and Pokémon Center employees as they rushed past. Ash could hear the mysterious girl’s footsteps far ahead of them, but she was far out of sight.

Wow. This girl sure is fast, he thought to himself.

Suddenly, as Ash and Pikachu zoomed around a sharp corner...

WHAM!

Ash collided with a man wearing a gray suit who had been walking the opposite way, and both people crashed to the floor along with the briefcase that the man had been carrying. It burst open when it hit the ground and spilled its entire contents. Loose papers littered the hallway's carpeted floor along with pieces of computer equipment, a flash-drive and several glossy color photographs.

“Ouch! Sorry, sir,” Ash said right away after the stars he was seeing began to dissipate.

“Hey! Watch where you’re going, kid!” the man yelled angrily as he picked himself up and dusted himself off.

“Sorry...” the boy repeated, although his voice trailed off when something caught his eye.

Ash obviously felt bad for running into the man, and he was upset at losing the trail of that strange girl he had seen before, but for now, the boy’s attention was entirely focused on the photos that had fallen out of the man's briefcase.

All of them were of the same pokémon, and all three photos seemed to have taken in a laboratory setting judging by all the complex-looking technology in the background. Without asking, Ash picked up one of the prints and gasped when he recognized who the pokémon was.

Memories from the past flashed through his mind when he saw the familiar humanoid creature with its many feline features and grayish-purple skin. The pokémon's most unique feature among many was its secondary spinal cord which connected the back of its skull to its spine.

“Mewtwo,” Ash whispered to himself.

“Pika!” Pikachu recognized the pokémon as well.

The man looked nervous when he saw that Ash knew the pokémon in the photograph. He jumped up from where he had fallen and quickly collected the contents from his briefcase and stuffed them back in. He was careful to make sure that the silver computer flash-drive was unharmed and placed the tiny device safely in his pocket.

“Sorry kid,” the man muttered. “I gotta get goin'”

He then ripped the photo of Mewtwo away from the boy and ran off down the hallway and out of sight.

Ash and Pikachu looked at each other with confused looks on their faces.

“I wonder why that guy had pictures of Mewtwo?” Ash said again as he began walking.

“Pikapi!”

The boy stopped and looked down at his pokémon who was pointing to something still lying on the carpeted floor. Pikachu scampered over to a shiny square object and carefully picked it up.

Ash bent down and took the object from Pikachu. It was a singular compact disc inside a protective plastic case, standard size with a handwritten label scribbled on the case's front side.

“The M3 Project,” was all that it said.

“The M3 Project? Weird,” Ash said, continuing to study the CD. “That guy in the gray suit must have dropped this.”

“Pika?”

“We sure have found some weird stuff sitting on the floor out here this week, huh? I don't know what we should do with this... That guy is long gone by now. He looked like he was in a hurry. I suppose we'll just drop this off at Nurse Joy's desk in case he comes back for it.”

Ash turned and began to walk back in the direction of the lobby, but stopped when he thought about all the reporters and photographers they had just escaped minutes ago. He looked down at Pikachu, who was still standing on the floor beside him.

“Or... we could wait until later tonight when the media people go home,” the boy suggested. “Right now, I think I could use a nap.”

“Pikachu!” his little buddy agreed.

And with that, the boy nodded and Pikachu leaped onto his shoulder once again. Ash put the CD they had found in his backpack, and the two friends headed back to their guestroom. As they marched down long hallway, passing door after door, there was so much on Ash's mind.

He thought about what Zak Seabrook had said about Lacey resting her best pokémon against Ash. Any confidence he had gained in his close loss to the Ice Queen was instantly nullified by the realization that he had not faced her best team. And any doubts the boy had had about himself as a trainer were now reinforced in his mind.

Then there was the strange girl who looked as though she had been spying on him during his media interviews a few minutes ago. While he hadn't gotten a good look at her from far away, something about her had seemed familiar, but Ash couldn't put his finger on it. Why had she run away when he started to walk over to her? Who was she and how did she know him?

And now there was the man he had just run into, literally. Ash had only met Mewtwo once as far as he could remember, and that was years ago, but he found it extremely odd that just anyone would have photographs of the mysterious psychic pokémon.

Ash let out a deep sigh. What a day.

“Yes, sir. I'm sure it was him. It was the same kid I saw outside last night. I just ran into him inside the stadium Pokémon Center,” the man in the gray suit said into his cell phone as he exited the lobby. “I checked the tournament media guide... his name's Ash Ketchum.”

“And you said he recognized the pokémon in the photos?!” an angry voice barked on the other line.

“I believe so. He knew its name.”

“Damn it, Cortez! What the hell is the wrong with you? How did you let him see the photos?!”

“It was an accident, sir! The little bastard came running around the corner and he smashed into me in the hallway. My briefcase fell open and all my shit fell out on the floor. That's when he saw them.”

“I wonder how this kid knows who Mewtwo is,” the voice in Cortez's ear said. “There are only a few people in the world who even knew of its existence.”

“I don't know, sir, but it seems to me like this kid may pose something of a threat to our little mission here if we aren't careful,” the man said with concern.

“Then be more careful you idiot!” the boss bellowed over the phone before composing himself. “Look, everything should be fine. I trust you already uploaded the virus to the stadium's security system.”

“Yes, sir. With how crowded it is here, it was relatively easy for us to sneak in and infect the computer system. It's done.”

“Excellent. I'll alert our computer team... We now have control of the stadium's entire security system. Access codes, video surveillance, security officer communication, everything... We run the show now!”

“Very good, boss.”

“Now that you've taken care of the first phase of the plan, it doesn't matter what the Ketchum kid knows or doesn't know. He'd be too late even if he did know anything. Just make sure you guys get out of the stadium without any trouble. Then report back here. I'll send a car to come pick up you and your men.”

“Will do,” Cortez said as he walked out one of the Pokemon Center's front doors.

***MEANWHILE BACK AT THE MYSTERIOUS FOREST WAREHOUSE***

The slick-haired man pressed a button on his headset to end the phone call with his agent in Sapphire City. A crooked smile stretched across his normally stone-cold face.

The man had left his dark office and now stood in the equally dark, adjoining warehouse area before literally hundreds of people, both men and women, who had been called upon to assemble. He cleared his throat before he addressed his followers in the air-plane hangar-sized room from a small, wooden stage at the front of the room.

“LOYAL SOLDIERS, MAY I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION, PLEASE!” he shouted loud enough for everyone in the cavernous room to hear.

Everyone in attendance stood at attention once the man began to speak, although none of them knew who this mysterious man was or why they had been summoned. They could not see the man’s face at all as he was completely shrouded in darkness. His booming voice echoed loudly throughout the room.

The only light came from small torches which had been lit and were placed infrequently around the football-sized area. They cast an eerie orange glow throughout the entire area, dimly illuminating the hangar in an extremely creepy fashion.

“Five years ago, as many of you well know, the infamous Team Rocket was disbanded,” the man continued. “Its highest-ranking officials… arrested and imprisoned. Its president and CEO… killed by police. And of course, its many loyal employees… left without answers or the many dollars that they had been promised.”

The hundreds of people, many of whom had worked for an organized crime ring called Team Rocket years ago, began to murmur to themselves.

Team Rocket, during its existence, was infamous for its worldwide secret network of members who, together, managed to make millions of dollars through thievery, racketeering, and all sorts of illegal ways. For years, the organization flourished by promising its employees amazing riches in exchange for their promise to serve Team Rocket.

Those who were there remembered back to the day when the police finally infiltrated their secret headquarters five years ago in Kanto’s Viridian City. That was when Team Rocket's president and CEO, Giovanni was shot and killed by police.

And that was it. Without strong leadership, Team Rocket died for good. The many soldiers and agents who were lucky enough to avoid prosecution were left to resume their normal lives.

That is, until they had each been contacted by this mysterious man and asked to show up tonight, here in the darkest depths of this thick forest.

“… You have been summoned here tonight because you have all displayed exemplary loyalty and hard work towards the former-Team Rocket’s cause in the past," the man said and paused before continuing on.

“… Your dedication all those years ago did not go unnoticed. And tonight, I have called you all here to repay you by giving you an unbelievable opportunity to finish what you started.”

The crowd simply stared back at the mysterious man blankly.

“It is true that Team Rocket, as you remember it, is dead,” he said. “But tonight, I ask you all to follow me as your new leader as we resurrect the organization from the ashes!”

There was a smattering of surprised whispers among the crowd, but for the most part, the former Team Rocket employees were skeptical to say the least.

“Team Rocket failed under Giovanni because money was its driving force," he kept going. "Petty thievery, useless scientific experiments, and all the rest of the amateurish money-making methods were a complete waste of time. He was filthy rich, but in our world, money does not equal absolute power.”

“There's nothing more powerful than money!” a random male voice from somewhere within the crowd shouted in an unimpressed tone.

The man, still completely masked by the darkness, just chuckled sinisterly at the individual's pessimistic attitude.

“I'm glad you said that,” the man said creepily. “Would you please step forward, sir? I need a volunteer for this.”

The former Rocket agent who had challenged the leader came forward, still not convinced that any of this was even serious. Was this guy seriously trying to resurrect Team Rocket? He stood in front of the leader, not knowing exactly what to expect.

“Now! Bring out my pokémon!” the man on stage yelled.

Upon his command, a giant cage constructed completely out of reinforced steel was rolled out onto the gymnasium-like floor of the warehouse. The cage’s wheels squeaked loudly as eight or nine heavily-armored men pushed it across the concrete.

The hundreds of former agents gasped at what they saw inside the cage.

The humanoid creature standing probably eight or nine feet high behind the thick, metal bars screeched and roared ferociously, loud enough to cause everyone in the room to cover their ears and cower in fear. It had a long muscular tail, strong wiry arms, and an obviously aggressive nature.

The monster's most notable attribute was the extremely bright glowing orb on its chest. The jewel-like object was glowing with an intense red light.

A peculiar silvery-metal contraption with many wires and dials was fastened around the creature's head as well, like a mask. It shielded most of its face from view, except for its eyes, which were glowing the same red color as the jewel in its chest.

The beast bashed its armored head against the inside of the cage with incredible speed and power, trying to break its way out. The loud sound of metal crashing into metal made everyone in the room a bit uneasy, but luckily the bars barely held.

“What the hell is that thing?
    “Holy shit! It’s huge!”
    “Look at that! Is that a Pokemon?!”

The soldiers all yelled amongst themselves when they saw the sheer size and power of the beast being held captive.

“Let it out!” the man calmly commanded from across the floor. “Release my pet from its cage!”

Instantly, the hundreds of agents erupted in objection to the man’s request. Many of them screamed and ran to the opposite corner of the warehouse, as far away from the cage as they could get.

“Is this guy insane?!”

The soldier who had been chosen to volunteer remained standing near the cage, but was clearly terrified.

The several men who had wheeled the cage out unlocked its door and backed away quickly. The front side of the cage swung open and the bloodthirsty beast emerged. Each earth-shaking step it took with its muscular hind legs rattled the entire building’s foundation and destroyed the floor. Again it roared, and its eyes continued to glow eerily in the dimly-lit room.

The remainder of the people had taken off running to the outermost edges of the room so that only the the ravenous monster and the single volunteer soldier were left in the center of the huge warehouse floor. The rest of them were cowering near the outer walls, watching and waiting for something to happen.

“All right, agent,” the man in the shadows said calmly. “Do you have any pokémon on you?

“Y-y-yes, s-sir,” he answered nervously. “I have my Charmeleon.”

“Summon it. You and your Charmeleon will challenge my new pokémon.”

The previously-defiant soldier’s eyes grew wide with terror. He wished he would have kept his mouth shut before.

He called out his fire-type, and then he and the red-skinned reptilian fire-breather approached the enormous beast. He tried to keep from shaking in fear as he called out an attack.

“Charmeleon, use F-flamethrower on that th-thing!”

The strange-looking pokémon from the cage just stood in place and allowed the fire-attack to hit it. It was obvious to everyone in the room that the attack had done absolutely nothing.

The man on stage just laughed at the agent's failure.

“Now it’s my turn,” he shouted.

Suddenly the magnificent, bipedal pokémon began to roar again, and both the jewel in its chest and its flame-red eyes glowed even more brightly than before. It revealed its massive jaws and the dozens of sickle-like fangs that lined them as it wailed like a demon.

Once this happened, the man shouted out a command. “My precious, get rid of these weaklings!”

Upon command, the totally obedient monster opened its huge jaws and shot a devastatingly powerful red beam of energy towards both Charmeleon and its owner.

Everyone in the room gasped in awe when they saw the beam make contact with a deadly explosion. Instantly, the soldier’s screams stopped. The ground where they stood was destroyed. Concrete shards, metal shrapnel and dust spewed everywhere.

Both the pokémon and human’s bodies had completely disintegrated to dust. No blood. No skeletons. Nothing remained but a large crater in the floor.

Complete silence overtook the room. Everyone was speechless from seeing how much power the strange pokémon had.

The man on stage again laughed. He commanded the killer-pokémon to return to its cage. Its eyes glowed red again and it obeyed.

“Now, as you can see,” the man shouted out, “there are things more powerful in this world than money.”

No one dared to say anything in return.

“And so now you have seen the centerpiece of Team Rocket's resurgence! With my brand new pokémon, we will be able to take what power we desire... by force! Now, who’s with me?!”

The hundreds of soldiers all shouted out in agreement. They felt they had no other choice.

“Good,” the man gleefully shouted as he finally emerged from the shadows. “Let's get started right away. We only have a few days to get ready."

__

There's Chapter 7... PLEASE COMMENT, CRITICIZE, SUGGEST, etc.

Page 13 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)