POKEMON: The Power Inside (Chapter 20 - Route One Rumble!) - Page 10

Page 10 of 47 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: POKEMON: The Power Inside (Chapter 20 - Route One Rumble!)

Fanfic Writer some colour no doubt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: POKEMON: The Power Inside

this is amazing!
    i read the old fanfic and i love the way your changin it!
    when i saw you were re writing it i thought, oh man, now i gotta wait ages to read the same stuff again, but no, this is awesome!!!
    any idea when chapter 5 is gonna be here?

Blog Entries

I'm hopin to have chapter five up sometime in the next few days. Thanks for the comments everyone!

Le Choléra Jabberwocky's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Jabberwocky on Facebook
    Follow Jabberwocky on Tumblr

Idea! Maybe the new girl in the Gen V girl (a.k.a. Four-chan), and Legs is introducing her into his story~?

Blog Entries

I dount it's the Gen V girl. It's a randomly generated character IMO.

A lone detective takes it upon himself to solve the murder of a young woman, willingly diving into the dangerous web of conspiracies weaved by the feuding mafia families. But after the truth is uncovered, will that city of sin be the same ever again?

Blog Entries

Yes, the girl Ash meets is an OP :) you'll learn her story in chapter 5

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
    Yes, the girl Ash meets is an OP :) you'll learn her story in chapter 5
    Curse you!

Promise you'll introduce Four-chan later on?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vorpal Blade View Post
    Curse you!

How could he? We don't know her name or personality. Legs characterization of all the characters seem pretty realistic so he probly doesn't wanna guess on the new girl.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vorpal Blade View Post
    Curse you!

I'd obviously like to make my story as up to date as possible in terms of characters. but I'm going to stick with the characters I have. I don't want to cast the generation v girl in a role in my story and then have it be inaccurate or weird later. I'm trying be as canon as possible so I wouldn't have Ash meet the gen v girl this way since it will obviously be under completely different terms in the anime.

I covered myself by saying that dawn and ash initially split up for a few months after sinnoh before reuniting again and traveling together for years. So it will be conceivable, since TPI takes place almost five years after the present day of the anime, that ash could split with dawn while traveling with gen v girl butthen reuniting with dawn afterward.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
    I'd obviously like to make my story as up to date as possible in terms of characters. but I'm going to stick with the characters I have. I don't want to cast the generation v girl in a role in my story and then have it be inaccurate or weird later. I'm trying be as canon as possible so I wouldn't have Ash meet the gen v girl this way since it will obviously be under completely different terms in the anime.

I covered myself by saying that dawn and ash initially split up for a few months after sinnoh before reuniting again and traveling together for years. So it will be conceivable, since TPI takes place almost five years after the present day of the anime, that ash could split with dawn while traveling with gen v girl butthen reuniting with dawn afterward.
    I suppose that could work.

The Goodnatured Waiter DentoSan's Avatar

Ash's personality/hero complex really shows in ch4 with how he always has to worry about other peoples problem. It was cute when u said, "his cheeks felt hot but he didn't know why" just like the confused hormonal teenager he is. This is why I love this story...the depth of the characters...not just describing what they're doin but also how they feel while they're doing it
    "May I take your order?"

Blog Entries

I have to say, this is one of the best things I've read here.

The Goodnatured Waiter DentoSan's Avatar

When is the next chapter gonna be
    "May I take your order?"

Blog Entries

Chapter 5 will be Sunday night hopefully, depending on my work schedule.

I have to say, Legacy, this is a wonderful story. I read A Savior's Legacy and finished it within a couple of days of it being put on hold. As disappointed as I was at the time, I was ecstatic to discover that you were in the process of reworking it. I have really enjoyed reading The Power Inside. You have made it wonderfully realistic, and very enjoyable. I'm really looking forward to what you have in store for the rest of the story!

Blog Entries

It was a surreal feeling to realize that your life was about to end.

In the split second that it took for Tentacruel's kaleidoscopic beam of deadly energy to hurtle through the cold night air towards him from across the lawn, Ash Ketchum came to the chilling realization that he would soon cease to exist. The Hyperbeam that Zak's pokemon had fired was definitely not a run-of-the-mill battle attack... this was a kill shot.

Ash realized he would no longer need to worry about his life goals and dreams... he would be gone before he could achieve any of them. He would never again see his his friends, his family, Professor Oak... Pikachu; he would be leaving them forever. As far as he was concerned, the world was about to end.

The boy had very little time to think about death, however. He felt the brown-haired girl's shrill scream rattle his eardrums, and he shut his eyes. This was it. This was the end.

WHOOOOSH!

Zak's Hyperbeam struck Ash-- who had made sure to shield both Pikachu and the girl from the attack-- square in the chest, sending the boy flying backward like a rag doll. As he crash landed in the grass, he immediately felt indescribable pain, like a hundred knives were all stabbing him in the heart at once. He lay motionless on the ground, the life in him quickly fleeting away. Ash tried to gasp for air, but judging by the torturous agony he felt with each breath, he had obviously sustained some severe internal injuries.

The boy began violently coughing up so much blood that his clothes were soon soaked with thick, red liquid. He tried to climb to his feet, but he had lost all feeling in his extremities and remained in a heap on the ground. Gradually the searing pain in his chest faded as he slowly began to lose consciousness.

“Pikapi!” Ash barely heard his pokemon's voice crying from right next to his ear.

'Pikachu...” Ash's voice trailed off as he faded away.

“Ash!”

“Pikapi!”

His vision was dark and blurry now, but Ash faintly saw his pokémon standing right next to his face. The tears that welled up in his beady black eyes twinkled as they caught what little light there was at this time of night. The yellow furry mouse whom Ash had shared ten lifetimes' worth of memories with was now standing in disbelief as he watched his trainer die.

The boy grunted and tried hard to force his facial muscles to form a smile in hopes of comforting Pikachu.

“Take... care of everyone... Pika... Chu,” he struggled to whisper.

And with that, everything turned black.

***MEANWHILE... ACROSS TOWN***

The full moon over Sapphire City bathed the slumbering town in a soft, pearly white glow. Nightfall had brought an aura of peacefulness to the bustling city, which stood silently underneath the blanket of stars.

The chaos and excitement from the first full day of competition at the Pokémon World Champions League had finished, and the tournament’s competitors, fans, reporters, and officials had all retired for the night.

But across town inside the luxurious Sapphire City Hotel, at least one young girl remained wide awake.

Dawn tossed and turned in the twin-sized bed she was lying in, struggling to find a comfortable enough position so that she could fall asleep. The teen tried counting mareeps and humming tunes to herself, but nothing seemed to work. All she could do was hopelessly stare up at the ceiling and out the window overlooking the beautiful city skyline from her bed. The boisterous rhythm of snoring and steady breathing from nearby also prevented the girl from falling asleep.

The others were scattered throughout the enormous luxury suite that Ash had gotten for them while they were in town this week. Delia and Johanna were sharing the king-size bed back in the master bedroom. Brock had fallen asleep in the love seat in front of the television in the next room. And there were two queen beds in the main living area of the suite, where May and Max shared one and Dawn attempted to sleep in the other.

Dawn was wearing silky boxer shorts and a white spaghetti-strap tank top. She kicked the soft covers off of her with her bare feet, but she felt uncomfortable without them, so she quickly pulled them back over herself.

This continued for what felt like hours. The girl felt sweaty and clammy underneath the blankets, but too cold without them. She sighed. She would never get to sleep at this rate. Especially not with everything that was on her mind.

A million thoughts were whizzing through the fourteen-year-old’s brain. She kept trying to focus on clearing her mind and falling asleep, but each and every time she tried to think about anything at all, her thoughts always came back to one thing… Ash Ketchum.

As Dawn struggled with her insomnia, she wondered if Ash had forgotten about when she had inexplicably kissed him on the cheek the other night. He hadn’t mentioned anything about it a few hours ago when everyone had gone to see him at the Pokémon Center, but then again, this was probably something he wouldn't have wanted to discuss publicly.

Of course he hadn’t forgotten, Dawn concluded. She began to replay the scenario in her head over and over, and each mental flashback freaked her out more and more.

She began to wonder how Ash had reacted to the kiss after she had run out of the room. She hadn’t seen his face after the fact, and she didn’t know whether or not he had been disgusted by it. Dawn’s mind continued to be bombarded by her panic.

Would the kiss change Ash and Dawn’s long friendship? Should she say something to him? Should she just pretend it never happened? Maybe, just maybe… he liked it?

“Ugh!” Dawn groaned and buried her face in her pillow. “Who am I kidding? I’m such an idiot.”

KNOCK! KNOCK! KNOCK!

Suddenly a loud knock on the room's front door caused her to jump. Who in the world would be knocking at this hour?

Dawn decided to ignore the sound; hopefully it would just go away. She pulled the covers over her face and waited, but sure enough, another set of three loud bangs against the wooden hotel door caused her to sit up.

“Okay. Okay. I’m coming,” she muttered under her breath.

Dawn finally got out of bed when it was obvious that no one else in the room was going to wake up. She stepped down onto the carpeted floor, which felt soft and warm underneath her feet. She walked over to the door and peered out of the tiny hole to see who it was.

But she couldn’t see anything. The view from the peephole was nothing but blackness. Perhaps whoever was out there was covering the hole with his or her hand.

Dawn was in no mood for games. It was late. She decided to just open the door; maybe it was just some kids playing a prank. As it swung open, however, she gasped at who she saw standing there in the hallway.

It was Ash!

He was standing in the doorway grinning from ear to ear. He didn’t say a word as he marched past Dawn and into the dark bedroom. He sat down at the foot of her bed, the mischievous smile never leaving him. Only the moonlight trickling in through the window illuminated the room enough for Dawn to see his ruggedly attractive face.

“Uh… Ash? What’re you doing here? Shouldn’t you be at the Pokémon Center… sleeping? You have a match tomorrow,” she whispered.

Dawn closed the door and walked over to Ash looking more than puzzled. Why does he have that big grin on his face? Why isn’t he saying anything?

Ash remained silent as he stood up from the bed in front of Dawn. He moved closer to her until they were standing just inches apart. She looked up at the taller boy, confused to say the least.

Finally Ash spoke; he spoke softly so as not to wake up anyone else in the room.

“We didn’t get a chance to really discuss what happened the other night, Dawn… you know, when you… kissed me.”

Dawn became even more nervous when she heard this, realizing that the boy hadn’t simply forgotten about what had happened. She stammered as she tried to come up with an explanation.

“Oh, ummm… look, Ash. I’m really sorry. I don’t know what happened. I just--”

She stopped when he suddenly leaned over and kissed her on the cheek.

Dawn blushed heavily when she felt his lips softly touching her smooth skin. Her cheeks felt like they were on fire. After he pulled away, she looked up at Ash and stared into his twinkling brown eyes.

She was confused. What had gotten into him? He usually couldn’t run away fast enough from any hint of romance or ‘mushy stuff,’ as he often called it.

“It’s okay, Dawn. What happened the other night... I’ve been waiting for that for a long time. I guess I just never had the courage… but now I do,” Ash said, then leaned over and kissed Dawn again, this time on the lips.

Dawn was absolutely shocked. She felt her knees begin to buckle, but she braced herself against Ash‘s body. She felt his soft lips caress her own, and an instant feeling of excitement and pleasure began to coarse through her body like one of Pikachu’s Thunderbolt attacks. This tingly feeling was unlike anything the young teen had ever experienced in her life.

She gradually accepted Ash’s affection and returned the kiss. Her first kiss. She was standing on her tip-toes with her eyes closed, just like she had seen women do countless times in the movies.

Dawn felt her heart beating fast like a huge drum thumping hard inside her chest. She had waited years for this moment, almost ever since she’d first laid eyes on Ash. During their years of traveling together, she had secretly fantasized about kissing him on more than a few occasions, but she never thought it would actually happen.

She wrapped her arms around Ash’s neck as the passionate embrace continued and intensified. Both teens' breathing started to get heavier, and Dawn let a slight moan of ecstasy escape her lips when she felt his tongue gently push its way into her mouth, massaging her own tongue softly.

Soon, Dawn’s hands began to eagerly explore Ash’s surprisingly muscular body. She felt his hard abs and chest, and eventually pushed him down onto the bed with her hands, landing on top of him while continuing to kiss him the entire time. Dawn was now straddling him, and she felt his warm hands run up and down her smooth, bare legs.

Dawn squealed happily when the two teens rolled over so that Ash was now pinning her down on the bed. She ran her fingers through his shaggy hair and felt the heat emanating from his scalp.

The boy’s tongue danced seductively inside her mouth, and then back out in no particular pattern. Dawn copied him in doing this as she felt his hands rub against her breasts and torso before moving to her inner thigh.

Ash pulled his face away from hers just long enough to hastily remove his tight black t-shirt. He then quickly returned to taste Dawn’s sweet lips again. After a few moments, he again pulled away, this time to rip the girl’s tank-top off of her, revealing her lacey, white bra and the toned and slender body beneath it.

Dawn hesitated slightly when she realized how fast things were going, not to mention the fact that both their mothers and their friends were (hopefully still) asleep nearby in the huge hotel suite. But she didn’t really care at the moment.

The intense feeling of lust overpowered her better judgment, and she continued to allow Ash to quickly undress her. Soon the boy’s jeans had been thrown onto the floor, as had Dawn’s bra and silky pajama bottoms. The feeling of her body’s bare skin rubbing against his further added to the euphoric feeling she felt running up and down her spine. Dawn gave him a thankful smile as well before closing her eyes again, letting her sense of touch completely take over.

She felt Ash pause from his position on top. Assuming that he had sensed how fast their were going as well and wanted to make sure it was okay for him to proceed, Dawn tried to pull him closer to her to indicate that she wanted to continue. But something strange happened next.

Dawn felt a sharp pain in her face, like something was pecking at her.

She ignored it initially, thinking Ash had just accidentally poked her with his nose. But it happened again, harder this time. Dawn heard Ash try to speak to her, but he didn’t sound like himself. He didn’t even sound human.

“Pip-lup? Pip-lup-pip!” she heard him say.

She finally opened her eyes to see what was going on, and gasped…

That was when Dawn awoke from her dream.

The fourteen-year-old opened her eyes--for real this time--to find herself alone in her hotel bed in the dark. There was no Ash, but her beloved pokemon, Piplup was standing over her, with a concerned look on his face.

“Pip?” The baby-penguin pokémon continued pecking at Dawn’s face with his tiny beak, trying to wake the girl up.

Dawn was lying on her back in the bed with sweat dripping from her brow when she woke up. She had been clutching her pillow against her chest and in between her legs. This and all the girl's moaning while she was sleeping had apparently startled Piplup enough for it to feel the need to wake his trainer up.

“Damn,” Dawn cursed under her breath when she realized it had all been just a dream.

She stroked Piplup’s soft, feathery head and smiled warmly at the pokémon, despite the fact that he had interrupted perhaps the best dream of her life.

“Hey Piplup. Sorry if I woke you up,” Dawn whispered to her pokémon.

Piplup was just glad Dawn wasn’t hurt. He didn’t know what to make of her tossing and turning while clutching that pillow like she had been doing. For all he knew, the girl was having a nightmare or was sick.

Dawn got out of bed and walked over to the sink. She filled a glass with cold water and guzzled it down like she hadn’t had water in weeks. Her heart was still pounding hard.

She glanced over at the digital clock on the nightstand between the two beds. It was only a few minutes past midnight.

The girl surveyed the lavish suite as she returned back to her bed. Piplup had fallen back asleep as soon as he saw that Dawn was alright. She was relieved to see that no one else had awoken. She was about to climb back into bed when she stopped suddenly.

The same anguish she had been feeling in her dream about Ash and the kiss remained. But perhaps, she thought, she was overreacting.

She climbed back into bed, finally. She was still scared to death of ever discussing the matter with Ash and mortified by the idea of the kiss ruining their friendship. But as fatigue finally began to take control of Dawn and her eyelids began to grow heavy, she started to feel more at ease.

Just before the girl drifted off for the night, she concluded mentally that perhaps everything would be okay. After all, this week wasn't about her. It wasn't about worrying about defining exactly what kind of relationship she and Ash had or how he felt about her. No, this weekend was strictly about being here to support her friend in the biggest competition of his life.

The thought of Ash sleeping comfortably in his room at the Pokémon Center before his second battle tomorrow was comforting to Dawn. And with that, she was finally able to drift off.

“Ash... please... wake up...”

Ash Ketchum groggily opened his eyes when he heard a faint female voice calling his name out. The fact that he was coherent instantly shocked him since he had felt himself die just moments ago.

The boy slowly lifted his eyelids and gasped when he saw the brown-haired girl's pretty green eyes staring down at him with a look of shock. He was still lying in the grass just outside of the Sapphire Stadium's Pokémon Center.

“Oh thank god!” the trembling girl sobbed when she saw the boy open his eyes.

“Pikapi!” a small voice shrieked in disbelief from nearby. Pikachu nearly tackled the boy's face, lovingly licking his cheek.

Instantly, Ash felt something in his jeans pocket burning hot against his thigh. Right away, he knew what it was. It was the jewel-incrusted gold coin, glowing hot just like before.

Ash sat up and checked himself out. Again, he was shocked to find out that he felt no pain anywhere. There were no signs of injuries, no evidence of the devastating Hyperbeam attack he had just taken to the chest. The blood he had coughed up earlier was still on the front of his shirt and pants, but the boy felt perfectly fine now.

What in the world was going on here?

Pikachu leaped into Ash's lap and hugged the boy's arm. He lovingly stroked the furry mouse's head and smiled, but he was still in absolute awe over the fact that he was alive.

Ash was sure that he had died when the tentacruel's attack had struck him. He remembered feeling indescribable pain and seeing his life flash before his eyes before he lost consciousness.

And now he felt as though he had just woken up from a harmless little cat nap. It was like he had been risen from the dead.

As the burning sensation continued in his pants pocket, the boy realized that the coin had to have been responsible for his “resurrection.” He reached his hand into his jeans pocket and felt the burning metal disc. What was this thing?!

He decided to leave the coin in his pocket and worry about its apparent supernatural capabilities later. He was still in shock at the moment.

“Ash, are you okay!?” the teen girl whimpered as she knelt down in front of Ash to check him out. Judging by the horrified look on her delicate face, she couldn't believe he was still alive either.

“Y-yeah... I think so,” Ash whispered, still looking down in amazement at his uninjured body. “What happened to me, anyway?”

“That g-guy's tentacruel shot you with a Hyperbeam,” the girl replied, still amazed that this kid had somehow survived a close-range attack like that. “It hit you straight on. There was a big explosion. You were bleeding a lot and you wouldn't respond when Pikachu tried shocking you. I... I was sure you were dead.”

“Yeah... me too. I guess I got lucky,” Ash said.

“Yeah... lucky... that must be it...” the girl muttered, although it was clear that she knew something crazy had just happened. She never took her big green eyes off Ash.

“Where did Zak go?” he replied quickly, wanting to change the subject. He tried to cling to hope that this girl wouldn't realize just how bizarre his survival was, but he knew she was a weirded out by it as he was.

Ash looked around the grassy and bushy area that flanked the concrete wall of the building. Both the brawny trainer and his tentacruel were nowhere to be seen.

“He ran off after he saw you bleeding on the ground,” the girl said. “Thanks for saving me, by the way. He seemed really drunk... he wouldn't take 'no' for an answer. And before I knew it... he grabbed me.”

“Don't mention it. I hate guys like that,” Ash scowled.

“Pika!” Pikachu growled in agreement.

“Ash, you should report him,” the girl urged. “He's obviously dangerous when he drinks. What if he hurts someone else?”

“And what am I supposed to say?” the boy asked as he remained seated on the grass. “'Excuse me, Officer Jenny... I know I don't have even a scratch on me, but I just thought I should let you know that Zak Seabrook just killed me with a full-powered Hyperbeam from close range.”'

The girl said nothing in response to Ash confirming to her what she had thought: the boy had died... and somehow he was alive now.

There was a one or two minute period of awkward silence before Ash finally spoke.

“So now will you tell me your name?”

The girl chuckled a little at the fact that the two of them had witnessed such an unbelievable occurrence together despite not even knowing each other.

“I'm Alexis Moss,” she said, extending her hand towards Ash to shake. “Most people call me Lexi.”

“Hey, Lexi. Nice to meet you,” the boy said. “What brings you to Sapphire City anyway? You sure didn't look to happy when we saw you in the garden earlier.”

“Oh that...” Lexi said, looking embarrassed. “It's a long story, Ash.”

“Well, I've got time. I think at least I deserve some sort of explanation,” Ash replied. “I almost died here tonight.”

“You did die,” she corrected him.

Ash just glared back at the girl without saying a word.

“Fine,” she said. “I'll tell you. You're going to think I'm crazy though.”

“Just try me.”

The girl sighed and sat down on the grass next to Ash and stared up at still-breathtaking view of the supernova's colorful glow in the starry sky.

“Well you see, my older sister, Kim... she and I came here to Sapphire City four years ago to watch the last tournament.”

“Whoa, so you saw Lance win?”

“Well... no, not exactly,” the girl mumbled as she stared at the ground.

“What?! Oh man! I remember watching the tournament on T.V. back then! Lance and his dragonite were so gr--”

“Pikapi!” Pikachu sensed the girl's sadness and scolded his trainer for interrupting her.

“Oh, sorry. Keep going, Lexi.”

“Well, Kim is eight years older than I am. She's twenty-four and I'm sixteen. So growing up, we weren't always very close because of the difference in age. She was in college by the time I was ten.”

The girl never lifted her head. She just continued to stare at the ground, but a slight smile formed on her face as she continued on about her sister.

“She went to school for bio-genetics. She graduated at the head of her class and she quickly became one of the brightest young minds in her field. She had all sorts of universities from around the world asking her to come study at their facilities.”

“Wow! That's great!”

“Yeah...” Lexi nodded. “But with how in-demand her time was, it didn't exactly give us much time together to bond as sisters. She was always off at science conventions and different speaking engagements. She was a superstar, plain and simple... and she didn't have time to hang with her little sister anymore.”

Ash was alarmed to see Lexi was starting to cry again. He awkwardly patted her shoulder in an attempt to comfort her. He tried to think of something good to say, but the girl kept going before he had the chance.

“That's why I was so surprised when she asked me to go to the tournament with her,” Lexi said, turning to Ash. “She had gotten tickets to like seven different tournament matches as a gift for speaking at some university. She said she felt bad that we hadn't hung out in so long, so she wanted me to come with her to Sapphire City to watch some great pokémon battles. So that's exactly what we did. We both love pokémon, so it was a perfect opportunity for the two of us to bond.”

“So did you two decide to come back again this year?”

The girl's bottom lip quivered as she shook her head no.

“What's wrong?”

“After... after we left the stadium and got back to our motel on the last day of the tournament,” the girl stuttered, fighting the urge to start sobbing, “I left the room at around 8PM to pick up some dinner for the both of us. W-when I g-g-got back to the room, the door had been ripped off its hinges and Kim was g-gone!”

“What?! Did you go to the police?!”

“Y-yes, of course. Kim's cell phone and purse were still in the motel room, but she had clearly been kidnapped. The motel staff said they hadn't seen or heard anything. They searched for her for months, but... but...”

“They never found her?” Ash asked quietly.

Lexi shook her head. “Nope. After all the time had passed, everyone just sort of assumed she was dead. We had been staying in a cheap motel on the bad side of town, so people figured some guy broke into her room, kidnapped her and eventually killed her because she was an innocent-looking, attractive young woman. Her body never turned up, but most people still thought she was probably gone for good.”

“So nobody's ever heard from her since?”

The girl sniffled and wiped her red, puffy eyes, trying to compose herself in order to speak.

“N-no... not until a few weeks ago,” Lexi said, with a slight look of hope on her face. “I had been trying like hell for months to find any leads on where she might be. I honestly was starting to lose hope, but then one day got a strange e-mail from someone who claimed to be Kim.”

“Whoa, do you think it was really her?”

“It's hard to say for sure. The message was really weird, but it's the only shred of hope I've got.”

“What did it say?”

“All it said was, 'Even I don't know where I am, but please don't stop looking for me.'”

“Whoa... that is weird.”

“Yeah,” Lexi said. “Like I said, it doesn't even sound like her, but if there's even a slim chance that it was my sister who sent that e-mail, I owe it to her to keep searching.”

“So did you tell the police about the e-mail?”

“No, I didn't even bother. The police closed this case months ago, and they won't reopen an investigation based on some anonymous email that doesn't even provide any real clues.”

“So what brings you to Sapphire City then?” Ash asked, trying to sound as delicate as possible.

“Well, with the police being unwilling to keep up the search for Kim, I'm on my own now. And since I have absolutely no clues, I figured this was as good a place as any to start looking.

“Plus, that flower garden outside of the Pokémon Center,” Lexi pointed in the direction of the place where Ash had first seen Lexi. “It was our favorite spot in the entire city. We would sit there and have picnic lunches everyday we were in town for the tournament four years ago. So I just thought I should come back here tonight to honor my big sister. Even if she can't be here with me, the memories of the fun we had at the last tournament will always be with me.”

Finally Ash understood why Lexi had been crying when he first saw her. He felt sorry for the girl and how alone she must be feeling. He didn't have any siblings, but Ash thought about how hard it must be for her. He imagined what it would feel like if his mother or Pikachu had been taken from him like that. He shuddered at the very thought.

Pikachu interrupted the silence with a high-pitched yawning sound. Ash and the girl yawned as well.

“Well, I suppose it is getting late. We all could probably use some sleep.”

"Yeah, it's probably time I headed back to my hotel. I'm staying at the Sapphire City Hotel. It was nice to meet you two.”

“Well, that's kind of far to be walking at this time of night,” Ash said bashfully. “Maybe you should... uh... stay here in my room tonight. You can take my bed. I'll sleep on the floor.”

“No, no... that's sweet of you, Ash,” the girl replied, her cheeks blushing slightly as well. “But I wouldn't want to impose. I just met you after all.”

“It's up to you. If you don't feel comfortable, I understand. But it's late at night, and I don't think it's a good idea for you to walk by yourself all the way across town. You could just crash here, and tomorrow after my match, I can help you ask around about your sister. Maybe someone here in town was here four years ago and remembers seeing something.”

“It sure is a long shot,” Lexi said, sounding hopeless.

“Yeah, but like you said... it's worth a try. She's your sister,” Ash said as he stood up from the grass and offered his hand to help the girl up.

“Pikachu!”

“All right, I guess you're right,” Lexi said, standing up as well. “Thanks, Ash.”

The two teens smiled at each other before heading back down the sidewalk along the building back towards the entrance with Pikachu scampering behind.

After they had left the area, however, a shadowy figure emerged from the bushes near where the boy had been struck by the Hyperbeam.

The shadow stepped out of the darkness of the night and into the moonlight.

He was a tall and angular looking fellow with fair skin and short bleach-blonde hair. The man wore all-black from boots to his long-sleeved shirt, the sort of attire that would be appropriate for nighttime stealth missions.

After checking to make sure Ash, Lexi and Pikachu had safetly returned inside the Pokémon Center, the strange man removed a black cell phone from his pocket and punched a few buttons before holding the device to his ear.

After a few seconds, the man spoke in a raspy voice with an amused tone.

“Boss? Yeah, you'll never guess what I just saw tonight...”

A pause.

"... I saw a kid come back from the dead."

______

There's the end of Chapter 5...Chapter 6 coming soon!
    Last edited by Legacy; 24th May 2010 at 01:42 PM.

Page 10 of 47 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)