Pokemon JTC Interlude : That Which is Past...

Thread: Pokemon JTC Interlude : That Which is Past...

Jellybaby for your brain! Mew2Too's Avatar

Default Pokemon JTC Interlude : That Which is Past...

Okay, guys, for those of you who are reading JTC and wondering about Chris Brockner's extensive history, this is the fic for you! It is actually intended as an interlude to the first story "Dawn of Darkness." However, I decided it would be less confusing to take it out and make it into its own work.

The story takes place during the first story- and before Chris meets Mewtwo. ( Well, before he technically meets Mewtwo. :) ) Chris Brockner and Vulpix are heading to Viridian City to watch Ash Ketchum in the Kanto games. It's a short little story, as it is only six chapters. I'm going to post two of them today, two tommorow, and two the next day.

This will not interrupt the flow of "Dawn of Darkness." I will continue posting those at one chapter a day. As taking out this interlude has cut those down by six chapters, that one is only around 15 chapters now! :) As five of the chapters have been posted, there are only ten more chapters to go in that story. Then, I will begin the next in a separate thread. (Just as I've done with this interlude.)

So, happy reading! I really think you'll like this interlude. The peeps over at SNf's fic board really liked it because of the battles.

Pokemon : The Journeys of Trainer Chris

Round #0 : That Which is Past...

by Chris Brockner

Chapter 1 : REMEMBERING THE JOURNEY'S START

It was night time, Chris realized. Six o'clock was the exact time and darkness had already fallen thanks to the absence of Daylight Savings Time. Chris and Vulpix sat in the boarding room of the Pokemon Center in Viridian City and would stay there the night. Then, in the morning, Chris and Vulpix would move on to Indigo Plateau to watch the Pokemon League fall games!

Vulpix had been a stubborn catch. Chris looked across at his furry friend who was happily eating some Poke slop that Chris couldn't quite identify. The label had said, "Made from 100% Quality Ingredients." Yeah, the rats inside had been specially bred in order to provide the most nutrients...

That was nothing. Vulpix had survived on much worse because his parents had been killed when he was still a cub. Golbat had mercilessly torn the two senior Vulpix limb from limb with rabid fangs. The others of Vulpix's den - his sibblings - had made a run for it. Vulpix was too small to run, and had hid until it was all over. His attitude had been determined as a sour one as he grew. Being that Vulpix was only two, it had been easy for Chris to polish Vulpix jagged edges. Chris had made Vulpix a tad more agreeable, but the truth was that the fire fox had brought Chris as close to showing tears in public as he had ever come. He had dared Chris with fiery eyes and iron will to chase after him in the woods of New Bark. Chris had decided at first that capturing Vulpix to be his own Pokemon would be good experience. If Chris could tame a stubborn Vulpix, it would be good training experience. It looked like that wouldn't happen after a while, though. Vulpix had been too fast but Chris knew that if he gave up he would lose everything- including a first Pokemon from Professor Oak!

In those days, trainers from New Bark did not have the luxury of Professor Elm being a licensed Symposium and League Licensor for first Pokemon. One would have to travel across the woods to reach Pallette Town so they could see Professor Oak. Chris had rather fancied getting a Squirtle himself, which he later did. Only Chris's Squirtle did not come from the lab of the good Professor...

Chris was not willing to travel to Ecruteak City where his grandfather, Professor Morgan Brockner, worked with Chris's cousin Edward as a Pokemon Researcher. That didn't mean he didn't often call his grandfather for advice. Nor did he and his cousin/rival Sam hesitate in sending their Pokemon back and forth to their grandfather's lab.

What, then, finally allowed Chris to claim Vulpix as his own? The Golbat had come back to finish a job that they had left unfinished. Their rabid hides had, in some cases, changed to Crobat. This was the first time that Chris had seen this Johto-native Pokemon up close, and Chris hoped it would be the last after the fact. Vulpix had tried fighting on his own, but had nearly gotten bitten himself. Chris then remembered a TM that he had seen in an edition of the Pokemon Pal once. It had outlined how Fire Pokemon could learn the Flamethrower at any level. Chris had instructed Vulpix very quickly in the details after Vulpix had agreed to obey Chris's commands and come with the boy to be his first Pokemon. Vulpix had executed the move with what would have seemed to others as practiced ease.

Chris had gotten to Professor Oak's only to find that there were no Pokemon left except a Pikachu. Professor Oak said that he was saving that one for a special friend. He said something about destiny and the past.

Professor Oak had also said, "Good luck with Mewtwo, Christopher! Don't let your telekinetic powers go to your head!"

"Excuse me?" Chris had inquisited.

Oak, despite his age, let out a very young-sounding chuckle. "Let's just say that I have you confused with someone that I met in my youth. He and his future daughter helped myself and a very close friend defeat a very powerful foe."

"I don't understand!" Chris exclaimed. "Everything you're saying doesn't make sense. Are you okay, Professor?"

Oak gave a whimsical look. "I'm as okay as I've ever been. Just always trust your heart, okay? And just remember, sometimes friends can have misunderstandings. Sometimes they may even say things they don't mean. It's the same with most any Pokemon you'll ever own. Even with the ones that you might think actually are capable of hating you, they should still be treated with trust and love. Remember that, because someday it will be very important. Will you promise me that you'll remember that?"

"Sure thing Professor!" Chris had assured. Oak then awarded him with a Pokedex and made Vulpix a special Pokeball. Vulpix refused to get inside the ball. Chris said that he understood, but said that Vulpix would have to then submit to being on a leash. Vulpix did all that he could to state that he would not stray from Chris. Of course, he couldn't speak. So, it took Chris a little while to figure out what Vulpix was communicating.

Still, Chris sat he and realized that Vulpix had kept his promise with the exception of times when it became necessary for Vulpix to go off on his own. Chris had been leary at first, but once Chris caught his Squirtle in a remote pond in Veridian Forrest, that was all the leash Chris needed if Vulpix got out of line. A fast squirt and Vulpix would go right back to behaving. Of course, Squirtle was not always perfectly behaved himself... Until the day Chris had rescued Squirtle form near destruction at the hands of a very sneaky member of the Pikachu species. All of this occurred in the dark forrest of Viridian City. It had taken Chris a week to get out, after a Samurai had challenged him thinking he was from Pallet Town. After Chris and his new Pikachu- a prize that he had earned by using Vulpix to save Squirtle- beat down Samurai's pesky bugs with near unrivaled electric attacks. Before this, Chris had regretted his decision of not using Vulpix against Samurai, but Chris saw that Pikachu could easily make up in strength what Vulpix gained in his type advantage against bugs.

"For a beginner from Pallet, you are fairly skilled, young one," Samurai had said.

"Wha??? Pallett?" Chris had rolled the words around on his tongue. "Hell, no, I come from New Bark Town in Johto!"

Samurai had gone wide-eyed. "A Johtoite? Seriously? Why didn't you say so? Allow me to welcome you and teach you some of the ways of the ninja!"

Next Chapter : THE BATTLE WITH BROCK, FIRST AMAZING VICTORY
    What kind of Pokemon am I?

Okay, this one is the battle with Brock. Of all the chapters I put up on SNf, this one had to be the most overwhelmingly popular!

Chapter 2 : THE BATTLE WITH BROCK, FIRST AMAZING VICTORY

Chris had allowed Samurai to teach him some basic fencing, but then realized he had to get on to Pewter City. A very attractive young dark haired female was being harassed by a very suspcious old derelict at the entrance to the city.

Her English was had slight accentuations at the ends- only a trained ear could pick out her accent. She might have been Latina, maybe she was Russian! Perhaps she was neither, maybe she just had an accent for some reason. It was hard to tell from the distance Chris was at. All he could see was the young lady's behind- and taken a second to observe her behind! Chris had gone at the old bum with a few martial arts moves that Samurai had taught him. The man, Flint, had unhanded the young miss and let her go on her way.

"What is wrong with this city?" she had mumbled to herself- Chris and Flint both being able to hear. "Is it full of letchers! I've got to get out of here!"

"What did you do?" Flint's voice was low, rumbling, and raspy. "I had that one in the clear. She could have been my best romantic companion yet!"

"SHE'S ONLY FOURTEEN YEARS OLD!!!" Chris had lecture-yelled in Flint's face. "YOU STINKIN' PERVERT!!!"

"Huh! But she looks older! I mean, my wife was kind of petite so how would I know?" Flint asked.

Chris had battled Brock in Pewter City, and lost miserably! Even Squirtle couldn't stand up against Brock's Onix. Chris had dejectedly decided to finish his journey there. He traveled back to Veridian Forrest. There, he met a Weedle who had the same attitude. A group of Pidgey were attempting to make a meal of the Weedle but Chris's Pikachu made quick fodder of them. Chris caught Weedle and trained hard with him. He emerged from Viridian Forrest a new trainer. His clothes were different, for one. His new style consisted of black jeans, and his turquoise T-Shirt had given way to a mildly stylish gray T instead. He had told Flint, when asked, that he was dressed to kill.

"Why?" Flint asked.

"'Cause that's exactly what I'm gonna do to Brock's fighting spirit!" Chris had answered. His fourteen year old muscles were not anything compared to Flint's forty year old, outdoor grown muscles. However, Chris's muscles had gotten unquestionably bigger since he had gone into the forrest for a new round of training.

Flint watched with awe as Chris and his more polished looking Vulpix strode confidently toward the horizon and the Pewter City Gym. When Chris got to the Gym, Brock was waiting expectantly.

Brock started out by sending Geodude. The Pokemon flashed white from it's Pokeball. When it fully materialized, it hung atop the invisible magnetic forces that enveloped the earth. "Geodude," it rasped.

"Your attempt to beat Geodude with Squirtle was successful before," Brock proclaimed. "Will you use Squirtle again?"

Chris's new wardrobe- the slick black jeans and quasi-stylish grey T-shirt made him seem a bit more intimidating than those geeky grey shorts and worn turquoise T-shirt he'd been wearing before. His sneakers also seemed to be whiter than they had been when he and Brock had last met. Wtih an air of determination, Chris sent out Squirtle. Brock grinned.

"Well, then, I guess Geodude wouldn't do me any good," he
    began. "It isn't trained well enough to stand toe to toe with a water Pokemon. But this one is!" Brock snapped Geodude back around his belt and he had withdrawn and thrown Geodude's Pokeball in a blur.

Chris stayed steadfast, his determined look unchanging. Brock taunted, "So what will it be now? Squirtle isn't strong enough to face Onix! Anything you do, Onix will just Bind Squirtle, and you'll lose the match! I say you should surrender and just go home!"

Chris stood there, determined and silent. There was a fifteen second pause before Chris returned Squirtle. Still, Chris said nothing. Brock, on the other hand, gasped at this action. "So, you must have caught a Grass Pokemon, is that it?"

Chris shook his head, and as he chucked a Pokeball, he yelled, "Go, Beedrill!" A sleek Pokemon that bore a great resemblance to a yellow jacket appeared at the center of the arena in a flash of white. He hovered, his beating wings make an atonal hum.

Brock's jaw dropped to his ribs. He couldn't believe the nonsense Chris was pulling. "A Bug Pokemon versus a Rock type? I thought you said you knew your type match-ups! This one is an easy mark for Onix and I to pounce on! Just give it up, Chris!"

Chris uttered only one word now. "Wait..." Two other words followed. "... And see!"

With this, the battle began. Brock went first. He made a predictable order, "Onix, Bind it!"

Chris didn't seem to be phased. "Beedrill, Agility! Dodge that tail!"

Beedrill masterfully pulled this off. He became so quick, he could only be seen inbetween dodges. The rest of the time, he was virtually impossible to see except in blurs. Onix tired quickly from this practice, and took only a short pause. That was all Chris needed.

"Beedrill," he shouted. "Remember the Toxic! Go for the face, Beedrill! Just follow the nose!"

Beedrill stopped his jolting from place to place and seemed to be swishing something around in his mouth. He spat a dark liquid right in Onix' face- more specifically around his snout and nostrils! A little of the substance got in his eyes, making Onix flail wildly. At that Beedrill got safe distance away from the uproar of dust, debris, and flying Onix parts that thrased their way about the arena.

Brock cried out to his Pokemon, "Onix, no! It's gone into a kind of Flail attack!"

It's eyes useless, Onix did seem to be dashing about madly trying to strik its opponent. However, Beedrill was too fast to be hit by a blind Onix! Chris and Vulpix were downwind of the upheaval. They tightly closed their eyes, coughing wildly in the wake of the debris. Chris could hardly get out, "Beedrill, he'll recover his sight soon! Use the Double Team and then start the Focus Energy!"

Beedrill quickly moved about in a long cirle and created hollow duplicates of itself, stopping finally to leave about eight or nine Beedrill in a circle around Onix. A shrill noise could be heard as Beedrill concentrated hard on his opponent, analyzing him for possible weaknesses. Onix stopped, blinking his eyes open to see what the noise was all about. He looked confusedly at the hoarde of Beedrill that surrounded him.

"Onix, use the Slam attack," Brock started. "Send it into a wall!" Onix swung it's behemoth tail at Beedrill, but it seemed be getting slow. It was cringing. The poison was taking effect. With that, Beedrill found Onix no match in its state of hyper-awareness. It dodged the blows as though they were coming in slow-motion. All along, he seemed to be looking more intuitively at Onix. It was almost as though he could see right through the rock giant!

Finally, Beedrill stopped. It seemed as though it would be hit dead-on by Onix' attack. Instead, Beedrill caught Onix' tail between its spear-like drills. Onix stopped, too amazed to continue. The world seemed to slow down, and silence fell upon the arena. For a second, Chris was certain that he saw Beedrill smile wolfishly at Onix. Then, very confidently, Beedrill brought one of its stinging drils down at a certain point on Onix' tail. Onix winced, then quivered. Then, finally, it howled madly at the pain!

The entire gym- Brock, Chris, and Vulpix covered the ears at the horrendous cries that Onix was engaged in. Beedrill, however, dilligently went into a Fury attack. It stabbed its drills at the weak spots it had found on Onix during its Focus Energy. Finally, the poison and harsh stings became too much for Onix! The massive rock snake shook the gym as it crashed head-first into the center of the arena. Onix was beaten!

After surrendering over a Boulder Badge, Brock asked Chris to dinner. "Uhh!" Chris had nervously rubbed the back of his neck. "Umm, I mean... You're not-- well you know-- a little light in the Pokeballs, are you?"

"No, no!" Brock had assured wrapping his arm around Chris's neck in a buddy grip. "I just wanna talk to you about your training strategies." Brock had arranged an address to meet, and Chris walked into what he thought would be a restaurant. It was actually Brock's house- which seemed more like a playground! Kids of all ages were lined up all around a very matronly looking Brock. Finally, after Brock got all the kids - who had turned out to be his brothers and sisters - fed, Brock had taken Chris into another room and basically drawn out his rise to Gym Leadership within a half hour.

Chris was then told that he owed Brock an explanation in his great rise in power and confidence. Chris had told him how seeing that Weedle lying there getting picked on by Pidgey had made him realize that he couldn't give up. What he needed to do was to get his Pokemon more in line - since Squirtle had admittedly loafed off during the first battle between Brock and Chris - and to make them stronger.

The pinnacle of Chris's work was Weedle/Beedrill. That Beedrill had actually learned to survive on his own - much like Chris's Vulpix. At a young age Weedle had been separated from his hive and had gained great strength as a result. Weedle had no help but his own, making his poison sacs more excersised than that of other Weedle. His muscular structure was also signifigantly more impressive than what was typical of his species.

Chris then in turn helped Weedle develop these skills further, going through the two evolutions and training his four Pokemon together and apart. Chris suspected that Beedrill was around level 20 and that his Squirtle was likely not far from an evolution itself. This was signifigant in that both could easily get Chris through a rocky jaunt at Mount Moon which was rumored to be full of promising young rival trainers with very strong Pokemon at their disposal.

Chris would now be ready for them - and he knew that if Squirtle and Beedrill failed to put up a devastating fight, then Pikachu and Vulpix could definitely take up that burden. Chris had trained them as hard if not harder than his other two Pokemon. So, Chris, after having a good night's sleep at the Pewter Pokemon Center, trekked out towards Mount Moon. (But he looked around the Pewter Museum first. Admission wasn't that steep, surprisingly.) Just as Chris was nearing Mt. Moon, he noticed a female wearing a black-only outfit. A fiery red "R" stood out between her breasts as though advertising, "Hey, look at these!"

She was harangueing a poor, defenseless Jigglypuff. "Hey, back off, b*tch!" Chris had shouted with indignation. The girl had turned, her features masked in dark sovereignty by the cap she wore on her golden blonde curls. Chris could not see her eyes, but the rest of her face was creamy white. This was in direct contrast with her clothing.

"What did you say, you little twit?" She'd asked. She was no more adult than Chris was, and Chris had recently gone through long training sessions in a remote forrest and looked very formidable. "How dare you interfere with Team Rocket operations at Mt. Moon! Prepare for a battle!"

The girl had realeased a Vileplume. "That supposed to intimidate me?" Chris scoffed. He ordered Vulpix in to attack. Vulpix had turned Vileplume into a plume of smoke. The blonde girl had run off mumbling under her breath. Chris asked the Jigglypuff if it was okay. He then took it in as his own Pokemon and began training it as well. Chris reached the entrance of Mt. Moon when Jigglypuff helped him defeat Team Rocket and overthrow their Mount Moon operation of mining for Moonstones. Oddly enough, Team Rocket had left "one stone unturned" and Jigglypuff tripped on it while they were journeying through the cave. Jigglypuff evolved into Wigglytuff.

Wigglytuff proved that, despite evolution, it was still quite loyal to Chris. Together, they captured a rare Clefable. The Clefable seemed to have a crush on a certain Paras in the cave. (Or perhaps it was just hungry and wanted to help itself to a snack of Paras's mushroom.) Either way, Chris jokingly nicknamed it B'Elanna. Chris soon found that B'Elanna knew water type moves! This came in handy, as Chris later used this as an element of surprise when battling opponents whose Pokemon had a weakness to Water.

When Chris moved deeper into the cave, he found out that the Moonstone operation wasn't Team Rocket's only interest in this old cave!

Next Chapter : THE EVER-INCREASING THREAT - TEAM ROCKET!

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Nice. And the 'future daughter' that Oak mentions...does that mean he did more time traveling?

Originally posted by Blackjack Gabbiani
    Nice. And the 'future daughter' that Oak mentions...does that mean he did more time traveling?
    Well, you see, every once in a while, I like to redo an eppie or movie of the anime and put my own characters in it. Actually, both Chris Brockner and his daughter, Darlene, were present for the events of Pokemon 4. :) (In my "own little world," anyway.)

EDIT: So, in essence, Professor Oak was playing a game with Chris. He was dropping hints to Chris about his own future. Chris didn't get them, nor was he supposed to... Yet!

Strange, I know, but that's just me! I was going to do P2K, as well. I don't know if I could've done as good a job with Jiri as you do, though, BJG.
    Last edited by Mew2Too; 9th January 2003 at 10:41 PM.

Blog Entries

Originally posted by Mew2Too
    I was going to do P2K, as well. I don't know if I could've done as good a job with Jiri as you do, though, BJG.
    *blush* *shuffle* ...awww...

I tend to just get into the mindset...panic and depression are great for writing about him.

Okay, here's chapters three and four. After tommorow, this story is finished. Damien (I think he's in control of these boards), get ready to archive it! In the meantime, enjoy! I think this chapter may or may not prove, BJG, that although you can do Jiri, I might be able to do Sakaki just a tad better. :)

Chapter 3 : THE EVER-INCREASING THREAT - TEAM ROCKET!

Chris defeated Team Rocket's score of rock Pokemon using the power that came from the surprising Water attack ability of B'Elanna. In fact, he didn't even have to use his Squirtle once for the advantage of a Water Type Pokemon.

Finally, Chris met up with a kid named Darrell. Darrell was a nerd who hung around the caves on his own fossil dig. Together, they found a very rare fossil indeed. It was some form of fossilized talisman that bore a symbol with a majestic looking bird. Some foreign language had been used to inscribe the object. "Freezer." Chris and Darrell had battled it out for the talisman, and Chris had won against Darrell's Koffing by using his own Beedrill. Darrell congratulated him. They shook hands, and Darrell said that Chris could probably get the talisman examined at Cinnibar Island where they had established a research center.

As Chris approached the grassy outskirts of Cerulean City, he began to get the feeling he was being watched. He turned to Vulpix. He intstructed, "Keep on the lookout, Vulpix. I've got an eerie feeling that someone has their own eye on us."

Chris decided that it would be good to take a rest on the beautiful seaside before heading to the Gym. He trekked on towards the comforting old pier called Nugget Bridge. There, he met with an Italian businessman. Chris had the feeling this was not ordinary businessman, however. He was arrayed in an all black business outfit with polished black dress shoes. Underneath was a white dress shirt and a crimson pinstripe tie- the only signs of yielding to any color but darkness.

"Who are you?" Chris demanded. Vulpix assumed a fighting position beside him. The man in the business suit straightened, looking at Chris with piercing eyes. A sly-looking Persian crept about and rubbed itself against the man's stout legs.

"If you keep asking me this or that," the man started. "I shall answer lacking sympathy! For the sake of promoting world destruction; for the sake of destroying world peace! To penetrate the evils of adoration and healing! The handsome and wooing villian, I am Giovanni of Team Rocket! Waging a war on the galaxy, I control the Rocket Gang! A black hole-- I'm destroying chances for a better tommorow! I will succed, and I'm going to start by eliminating you!"

Chris displayed incredible bravado for a boy his age. Stupid as it may have been, he didn't run. He stayed right where he was, and sauntered towards Giovanni. He growled, "What do you want, Team Rocket?"

"An appropiate choice of words," Giovanni declared. "I am Team Rocket, and you shall soon meet our incredible power. I am going to battle you boy! We'll only use two Pokemon to battle. If you win, I give you a gold nugget. They were discovered in a little known stream of gold somewhere nearby and fetch a rather handsome price. Then again, if you lose..."

Giovanni let the though hang in the air, but Chris wasn't intimidated. "I don't lose!"

Giovanni laughed aloud. He took out a Pokeball with and "R" engraved into the top half. "See if you can't beat Nidoqueen!"

Giovanni released a creature that had blue, rock-like skin. though its hide was smooth, there were scaly protrusions all over its body. I had large circular ears on either side of its head. Moreover, it didn't look happy-- it snarled at Chris fiercely!

Chris suspected this was a Ground-type. "Go, Squirtle!"

Squirtle regarded its opponent with a slight shaking of the knees, but tried to keep brave! Giovanni taunted, "That was a bad move, beginner! Nidoqueen, knock it out with Fissure-- our own special brand of move!"

Nidoqueen leaped into the air and did an amazing somersault! It came down fist first into the ground. The ground started to shake and Squirtle struggled to keep his balance. Luckily, he wrapped up inside his shell and shot like a frisbee towards Nidoqueen. Squirtle had just performed a Rapid Spin! He hit Nidoqueen straight in the face, sliding off beside the behemoth. Had he not done this, he would have fallen right into the forty foot deep hole that opened in the ground. Nidoqueen was furious; not only had Squirtle avoided a one-hit KO, but it had also smashed Nidoqueen right in the face.

It flipped right side up, and Squirtle began to run in anticipation that things were about to get very ugly. The groud still shook, however, and Squirtle didn't get far before it tripped over an upturned piece of jagged earth and slammed into the ground! Nidoqueen bounded towards Squirtle, not at all slowed by the quake.

Chris winced, trying to come up with a quick plan. "Squirtle, Ice Beam attack!"

Squirtle was paralyzed with fear, but tried to regain enough composure to do as he was told. Squirtle opened his mouth and a floating sphere of ice appeared before it. After a few second- Nidoqueen getting ever-closer - Squirtle fired crackling bolts of ice at Nidoqueen. Nidoqueen stopped abruptly in its tracks, shivering and feeling its stony hide crack beneath the icy sheaths that soon lined its body. Nidoqueens entire torso became a frozen chunk of dead weight!

"Squirtle, the Dynamic Punch!" Chris shouted. Squirtle bolted upright and leaped into the air. It flew at Nidoqueen and delivered a bone-shattering blow to Nidoqueens already throbbing face! Nidoqueen howled in anguish!

"Dynamic Punch! Impossible!" Giovanni protested. "Where did he learn that move?! What is the meaning of this?!"

Chris smirked devilishly. "Brock taught it to him! You wouldn't believe how much a Rock gym leader knows about hand-to-hand combat!"

"Brock?" Giovanni repeated. "I hate do-gooder gym leaders like that! Well, you'll pay for that! Nidoqueen, Hyper Beam attack! Huh, Nidoqueen?"

Nidoqueen just stood there, a terrible expression on its battered face. Its entire torso was encased in ice, and it didn't seem like it could move anymore! His fists shaking, Giovanni bantered, "What?! Frozen?! Impossible! Break that ice right now, you worthless overgrown excuse for a rat!"

Chris figured now was as good a time as any for Squirtle to perform his final attacks! "Squirtle, Mud Slap right in its eyes and then Mega Kick it into the chasm!"

Squirtle jumped into action, moistening the ground a litte with water spray from his mouth and then digging in the sticky mud. It shoveled the mud upwards for Nidoqueen's face, succeeding in blinding the worn-out Pokemon as the moist earth connected with its eyes. Nidoqueen's eyes insinctively snapped shut, and Squirtle immediately leaped into the air and kicked Nidoqueen hard. Nidoqueen stumbled backward, not noticing that it had run out of ground as it fell prey to the gaping hole in the earth which had originally been intended for its opponent. There was a loud thud and the sound of shattering ice as Nidoqueen hit the bottom of the chasm.

Giovanni peered into the massives split in the Ground and could just make out a fainted Nidoqueen at the bottom. "Dammit!" he cursed. He returned his Pokemon, the red conversion beam spiraling deep down into the chasm to energize the senseless Pokemon at the bottom and scoop it up into the ball!

Giovanni straightened up again, trying to stay cool and calculating. He produced another Pokeball from around his waist. "Well, I assure you, dumb luck will not save you this time! I happen to have a Pokemon that has been trained greater than any other Pokemon of its species! I want you to meet-- Tentacruel!!!"

Giovanni threw a Pokeball, and a seven foot jellyfish towered above Chris's Squirtle! Giovanni chortled, "This Pokemon's poison is more potent than that of any other Pokemon in the world! One sting and Squirtle's history!"

Chris was struck with a sudden idea. "A Poison type, you say?" Chris fished a Pokeball from his belt. Returning Squritle to his own Pokeball in a flash of red energy, he released another one in its place. "Well, then, I'd say I can change your mind about yours having the most potent poison!"

The Pokemon materialized into a sleek, agile Beedrill! Chris's Beedrill was back for more! Chris gave a thumbs up to his prized yellow jacket wonder! This whole proceeding infuriated Giovanni!

The mobster threatened, "You'll eat those words, boy! And my Tentacruel will eat that Beedrill for breakfast! Tentacruel, Poison Sting!"

Tentacruel brought up one horrible blue stinger that looked more like a harpoon! It stabbed at Beedrill's tough exoskeleton, spraying venom into any possible wounds it might open. However, this only made Beedill flinch backward a little. When it straightened up, it seemed to give a short chuckle at Tentacruel's futile attempt! Beedrill had not been poisoned; and in fact it was amused!

Giovanni quaked furiously at this latest insult! "Tentacruel, hit it with Sludge Bomb!" Tentacruel spat an ugly goo that hardened in midair and sprang at Beedrill. Beedrill checked an imaginary watch on one of his segmented legs. He disappeared as he sprang into an Agility. Finally, one of the bombs connect, exploding a blackish liquid on Beedrill.

Beedrill staggered back, assuming a sarcastic melodramatic pose that said, "Oh, I'm so hurt!"

It was Tentacruel who was enraged now, and it flew into a blind Rage! It swung a blueish tentacle at full force into Beedrill, truly sending the hardy insect into a painful downspiral. It came within inches of colliding with the ground and doing a painful slide through the dirt, but it managed a miraculous recovery! It dodged another swing of Tentacruel's thrashing appendage and snuck near to Tentacruel's underbelly. It floated there for a second, and Tentacruel caught sight of it out of the corner of its eye. Beedrill swiftly stabbed a Twin Needle into Tentacruel's sensitive flesh! Tentacruel gave a shrill howl and Beedrill poked back out from beneath the man-o'-war Pokemon!

"Beedrill, Fury Cutter!" Chris yelled. "What would you be without a trainer from Johto?!"

"A Johtoite?! He's a Johtoite?" Giovanni stewed. "Crazy kids from Johto-- they're just too damn skilled for their own good! Huh?"

Beedrill sliced away at the gelatinous upper half of Tentacruel. It sliced madly at the flesh there, and Tentacruel just tottered in excruciating pain.

"Tentacruel, damn you!" Giovanni hollered. "Do something intelligent!" Tentacruel just winced. It tried to defend itself, but Beedrill slammed its armored skull into the jellyfish's wounded skin. The membranous mass bled water, and then Tenatcruel just collapse. It was beaten!

Giovanni was doing surprisingly well in keeping his cool. He may have whspered "Coward!" to Tentacruel once it had been returned to its Pokeball, but Chris couldn't be sure. The Persian beside Giovanni hissed loudly at Chris. Then it turned to Vulpix, who flinched a little at Persian's fiercesome stance.

Chris payed no attention to the feline, and instead demanded, "So, Giovanni, where's the gold nugget you promised? I have expenses, you know? That could come in really handy!"

Giovanni stopped himself from rattling with hatred, and threw Chris a shining metallic object- a lump of pure gold! Chris almost dropped the nugget into the nearby chasm, but Beedrill expertly caught the prize and flew it back to Chris. Chris celebrated his victory with a mildly stupid dance routine.

Giovannin spoke softly, "You have won this time! You should be celebrating! But next time, your Pokemon will be giving a eulogy for you!" Giovanni chucked out another sphere, but it wasn't a Pokeball, it exploded into a plume of billowing smoke that enveloped Chris and his Pokemon in a befuddling haze. Chris, Beedrill, and Vulpix choked into unconsiousness. When they woke up about thirty minutes later, Giovanni and his Persian were nowhere to be found!

Chris quickly shook his drowsiness, and he decided that his rest might better be taken indoors. So, he and his Pokemon had a hardy meal and a good night's sleep at the Cerulean Pokemon Center. The next morning, Chris made his way to the gym. Chris was treated to a show of three beautiful young ladies- who turned out to be the gym leaders! Chris beat their water Pokemon easily with Pikachu -- that is, the second time.

The first time, Pikachu had easily defeated a slew of enemies including a nasty looking Cloyster. The one that presented a problem was a Seaking who was confusing young Pikachu with a Supersonic attack.

Finally, Chris devised a plan to beat the Supersonic attacks by teaching Pikachu to swim- or, rather, allowing his Squirtle to do the job for him. Seaking, as anyone knows, can only battle in water. Before Pikachu had learned to swim, Seaking would attack with Supersonic before Pikachu could even shoot off a bolt. The new plan involved Pikachu getting underwater before that could happen. Seaking's Supersonic had become useless underwater because the sound traveled differently there. Pikachu let out a Thunderbolt Attack. ZAP! BOOM! Seaking was finished and Chris added a Cascade Badge to his badge repetoire of badges.

Chris traveled onward to Vermillion City. Meeting no new Pokemon along the way, Chris found himself at a slump. Training his old Pokemon was getting tiring because he had no new opponents to test his might against. He would need strong opponents because most all of his Pokemon had reached Level 20 or above during training. He had even made it a point to train his Wigglytuff to a point where its song put one to sleep every time. Then, he met a young man named A.J. who had recently achieved a 100th consecutive win. He had a Sandshrew with him and said he was headed for Pewter City to fight in the gym.

"I wanna beat the Gym Leader there. They say his name is Flint!" A.J. said.

Chris asked curiously, "You mean Brock, don't you?"

"Nope, they say his father, Flint, took over the gym once Brock left with this kid named Ash!" A.J. explained.

"Did you say 'Ash?'' Chris had asked. He remembered Oak mentioning a boy named Ash. "One with a Pikachu, I'll bet."

"Yup," A.J. confirmed. A.J. began admiring Chris's Wigglytuff after that, which Chris had let out of its Pokeball. He switched to, "I'll tell you what. This Sandshrew I have here isn't the only one of its species I have! I'll trade you a Sandshrew for this Wigglytuff!"

Chris and Wigglytuff were both aghast. "How can I trade with someone I hardly even know?" But Chris and A.J. did get to know each other very well. Giovanni showed up for the second time to bug Chris as revenge for defeating him in Cerulean City. Giovanni kidnapped Wigglytuff, saying it would be useful in something new that Team Rocket was cooking up in Cerulean City. A.J. and Sandshrew took off after Giovanni, eager to face this new foe as part of their training. Chris followed, chasing after Giovanni in hopes of getting back his Wigglytuff. In the chase, though, Chris and his Vulpix got separated from A.J. and Sandshrew. Unfortunately, A.J. had dropped a Pokeball containing his other Sandshrew- the one that he'd offered to trade.

Ending up in the middle of a woods, Chris tried finding his way to Cerulean City but ended up in a cave on his way to Lavender Town. Chris got to Lavender Town and, on the way, started training the Sandshrew that A.J. had dropped. Chris and Sandshrew became great friends. In Lavender Town, they met up with legends of ghosts and goblins. They found some! Chris caught a Gengar after stopping Team Rocket from terrorizing the famed Pokemon Cemetary in Lavendar Town.

The Ghost Pokemon had been masquerading as the ghost of its friend Marrowak. This Marrowak had been tortured to death by Team Rocket for a purpose that was yet unknown. Rumor had it, though, that Team Rocket was doing DNA extraction on different Pokemon for a cloning project. Team Rocekt was basically trying to create an invincible Pokemon from a varied range of Pokemon genetic makeups. They were supposedly using a base background of a legendary Pokemon called Mew. The reason they had been digging around the Pokemon Cemetary was to extract genetic samples from dead Pokemon.

Chris sprung right into action and caught Team Rocket red-handed. With the help of Gengar and his new Sandshrew, Chris put an end to the Pokemon grave robbing. He battled against ten or so members of a Team Rocket faction called the Elite Construction Corps. The toughest of all of them was a very strong looking blonde fellow who was accompanied by a more effeminate silver-haired man. They had thrown Chris a curve ball by battling with two Johto Pokemon from the new "Steel" class of Pokemon. They believed that Chris would freeze up because he was thought to be a Kanto native and wouldn't know Johto Pokemon. However, to their dismay, Chris had grown up in Johto and found a chip in the pair's armor. He used Vulpix to finish the battle and likewise ended Team Rocket's occupation of the Pokemon Cemetary. Gengar thanked Chris and said that he would very much like to travel with the young boy! Chris made Gengar his newest catch only to find that the Pokeball of his new Pocket Monster disappeared into thin air! Chris was frantic, but soon remembered that Gengar would have been transported to wherever Chris had received his Pokedex! Chris tried to find a payphone or a Pokemon Center to call Professor Oak, but there was no need. Professor Oak had appeared in a chopper to pick Chris up.

Next Chapter : AN EXPLANATION FROM PROFESSOR OAK
    Last edited by Mew2Too; 10th January 2003 at 06:58 PM.

This one should answer alot of questions. In fact, this one will explain so much, I have cut most of the same revelations it makes from the guide I'm working on.

Chapter 4 : AN EXPLANATION FROM PROFESSOR OAK

Chris asked what was going on. Oak answered, "There is an emergency in Cerulean City. Team Rocket is conducting secret business there! You have to stop them! I can't tell you why! Let's just say that this could mean your future as a Pokemon Trainer."

"What are you talking about?" Chris demanded. "What makes you think that a fifteen year old kid can take down an entire Team Rocket operation? Look, you're just getting creepy, Professor! If you can't tell me what's going on--"

"Shut up!" Oak had yelled. Chris knew that this was not like Professor Oak at all. Professor Oak was a docile old Pokemon researcher who sat around his lab and scanned Rattattat brain waves all day! What the hell was he doing presenting Christopher with "top secret" missions. He wasn't supposed to be toting Chris around in a helicopter.

Oak then softened a bit, his face contorting with aggravation. "I didn't want to do this, but it seems it is necessary! Have you ever been ot a fortune teller? Have you ever had someone read tarrot cards or look into crystal balls and tell you they saw what was to come for you?"

"No," Chris answered, not seeing what Oak was getting at. "I don't believe in that stuff!"

"Neither do I, most of them are phonies who go bankrupt!" Oak laughed. Chris nearly toppled out of his seat. Vulpix, who Chris held in his arms, developed a hopeless, wide-eyed look and cocked his head to the side. Oak continued, "But I do know the future-- or at least some of yours and that of someone else. As a boy, I met up with one of the legendary Pokemon called Celebi! Haven't you ever wondered why a Pokemon like that one was grouped into the 150 known Pokemon as opposed to a Pokemon like Mew. A Pokemon like Mew has been sited by only a few, but Celebi actually interacted with the founder of the Pokemon Symposium!"

"Who's that?" Chris asked.

"Me," Oak had revealed. After a few seconds of slack-jawed silence, Oak went on, "The symposium was founded not only to catalogue Pokemon but to ensure that a certain timeline was kept. Team Rocket will exist in the future! All I can tell you is that you'll apparently be wrapped up in a great war while your own daughter fights Team Rocket here at home! Their agenda in the future will focus on a planet other than Earth. The war that you're involved in has something to do with that other planet, but we're not sure what!"

"M... My-- my daughter!" Chris straightened up. Oak shook his head.

"She's the one who told me most of this," Oak furthered. "She's very pretty, and I must confess that I was a tad sweet on her!"

Oak blushed and Chris shouted, "Stop getting all hot over my daughter that doesn't exist yet!"

Oak straightened up, "Anyway, even at fifty I'll never forget that fateful day! The day we met that damn Vicious! And Hiakiu... Forget it!"

"Excuse me?" Chris asked.

Oak ignored Chris's inquiry, "So, I founded the Pokemon Symposium! As a group decision, we- that is I and a few other researchers- allowed the founding of the Pokemon League. On the outside, the League is a sports association like the NFL or WWF. On the inside, though, there is a corps group of elite trainers called the Elite Four. It's a group of individuals who have trained not only their Pokemon, but themselves as well! One of them is an old rival of mine, who runs a Hoot-Hoot rental service with a relative in Johto. She informed me that Team Rocket is doing some experiments in which--"

Chris finished for Oak, "They're making a Pokemon that's genetically engineered! Giovanni's going to use him to wreak havok on the Earth! If I have to, I'll kill that Pokemon with my bare hands!"

Oak chuckled, "Yes, that had nearly happened a couple of times, hadn't it?"

Chris, who sat next to Oak with clenched fists, hadn't registered Oak's words. This was the first time in the entire conversation that Chris hadn't been hanging on Oak's every spoken syllable. When he finally emerged from his train of though, he asked, "So, what am I supposed to do?"

"Agatha said she got this information from a young man who defeated Giovanni to get his Wigglytuff back," Oak answered. Chris suddenly registered that it was actually his own Wigglytuff that had been rescued and that it was A.J. who had defeated Giovanni to do it. "He said that he intruded on a group of Team Rocket grunts lounging on Nugget Bridge. Before making his presence known, he eavesdropped and discovered that Team Rocket is making new structures on a group of islands near Cerulean City. We don't know where the islands are because of their nature. The weather conditions near that spot make it possible for the islands to literally change locations at times. We need you to find out if Team Rocket is doing anything on those islands, and it just so happens that a Team Rocket pair has invaded the house of a famous dig master in Cerulean City. A dig master is a person who specializes in teaching Pokemon the Technical Machine called Dig for construction purposes. They stole the Dig TM and are now cornered in the backyard of this dig master."

"The islands that you were talking about relate to these two in what way?" Chris asked.

"We at the Symposium think that Team Rocket is so interested in dig because it would allow them to stabilize those islands to conduct their experiments there!" Oak explained. "If they could find the true foundation of the islands, they could stabilize them artificially and create a haven for their experiments!"

Chris wondered tentatively why Team Rocket would wish to spend so much money creating artificially stable islands when there were others in the world that perfectly stable. Chris remembered his brother talking about the stupidity of building a tourist attraction on the active volcanic area of Cinnibar Island. It was the same thing here.

Chris got back to Cerulean City and found that it had been dug to pieces in parts. Chris found the dig masters house and encountered two very skilled Team Rocket operatives named Butch and Cassidy. Chris battled hard against their Drowzee with his own Sandshrew. During the battle, Sandshrew evolved into an impressive looking Sandslash. Chris defeated the Drowzee of Butch and Cassidy despite the Psychic advantage factor held by the Team Rocket pair over Chris's Ground Type. Still, he managed to get information about the secret Team Rocket operation by having B'Elanna and Sandslash hold down Cassidy and Butch while Chris used Pikachu to threaten the TR team with electric shock. A crude and not-so-mother-approved approach, but the pair didn't put up much of a fuss and not many shocks were needed to find out what he wanted to know. As it turned out, the islands did exist but that was not why Team Rocket was after the dig master. Chris couldn't get that much more out of them.

Just before Oak and Chris had parted, Oak had given Chris a new invention called the PokeGear. It was a cellular device that replaced the town map with digital satellite photos of most regions and a description of major towns and sites. In addition, it could be use to make vid or audio phone calls. It also functioned as a watch and personal organizer. Chris called Oak and told him that his theories were wrong.

Next Chapter : GIOVANNI RETURNS, THE THREAT ROCKETS!

Blog Entries

Think you can write Gio better than I?

Well...that was good...but why would he reveal that much about himself before a battle to a kid he just met? I thought that was a bit OOC...

I did like the *style* of the intro, though. Rockets just can't resist an extended introduction, can they?

...well...wait, I think Bisashu is the only one who *didn't* have one...only agent, anyway, the Rocket scientists never do...

Also...you comment that Gio was calm during the battle, but everything else suggests that he was frenetic, yelling insults at his opponent and his own Pokémon...

Think you can write Gio better than I?

Well...that was good...but why would he reveal that much about himself before a battle to a kid he just met? I thought that was a bit OOC...

I did like the *style* of the intro, though. Rockets just can't resist an extended introduction, can they?

...well...wait, I think Bisashu is the only one who *didn't* have one...only agent, anyway, the Rocket scientists never do...

Also...you comment that Gio was calm during the battle, but everything else suggests that he was frenetic, yelling insults at his opponent and his own Pokémon...
    I see what you mean, BJG. ^^; I think what I was doing here was focusing too much on the battle and acidentally put some of the human detail in the blender, letting it fall in random rivulets down the side.

I think what I meant was Giovanni tried to keep composure towards the beginning. At the end, he just lost it.

As to Giovanni being so open with Kurisu, remember that Chris did beat some of his top agents. That may be worthy of Giovanni handing him a little more info than he'd usually hand out in such cases.

The poem Gio recites is a take-off on the Japanese version of the J&J poem. I thought it would be a nice touch. ^^

*yawn* I'm exhausted. I've been working all day-- delivering phonebooks. So, I'll get the last two chapters posted, and then I think I'm going to kick back and sleep.

Oh, and I'm sorry I haven't been formatting this stuff. I mean, I've left out alot of italics that would have made reading easier. I'll try to be more careful about that in the future.

So, uninterrupted by more of my banter, here are the last two chapters of this story! Bon apetite!

Chapter 5 : GIOVANNI RETURNS, THE THREAT ROCKETS

Later, Chris met A.J. on the road to Vermillion City and A.J. told him about a very disturbing conversation that he'd heard between two team Rocket members. One Rocket had said to another, "This strange guy approached me today. Said his name was Hiakiu from the planet Terra. He said he wanted to see the daughter of a Team Rocket operative who went missing in the Andes Mountains a while back!"

"Figure he's crazy?' the other Rocket had asked.

"Yeah, we figure he's kinda loony!" the first Rocket assured. "Still, you know Jessie- the one the Boss said had kinda bombed lately with her friend and cat there? Wasn't her mother in the Andes lookin' for that Mew dealy?"

That was when A.J. had left. Though, this was enough to tie Chris's stomach in knots. Hiakiu was one of the future enemies that Oak had seemed so concerned about. Chris then realized he'd have to be careful about the Rockets in the future. Both trainers quickly decided that they could keep Wigglytuff and Sandslash respectively. Sandslash seemed happy with Chris and Wigglytuff was happy with A.J., so the two trainer bid adieu and went their separate ways.

Chris beat Lt. Surge at the Vermillion Gym almost too easily with his new Sandslash. He then caught a ride aboard the St. Anne where he met trainer Ash Ketchum. When the boat sank, it was feared Ketchum and team had died, but Chris knew otherwise.

Chris worked his way on to Celdon City. There he purchased Abra and met TR leader Giovanni for the second time. Giovanni had been using the gambling establishments to import contraband Pokemon. These Pocket Monsters had been stolen from their trainers, and it hadn't taken long for Chris and Abra to team up and beat Giovanni. In the process, Chris managed to get a lonely Charmander to leave the Rockets and follow Chris on his journey. This was the Charmander he used to battle alongside Vulpix at the Celadon Gym. There, he beat leader Erika, got Rainbow Badge, and got Charmander to evolve into Charmeleon. It was quite a day!

Chris moved on to Saffron City. He had heard that leader Sabrina of the gym had recently been defeated by one Ash Ketchum- confirming his death was false information. Chris found Sabrina in good spirits. Though, she had seemingly been afraid to use her psychic powers in fear she would regress once more into the dual personalities that Ketchum had helped her remedy. Her granfather, Azariah, had been called in to help the Espermans train their little girl back to perfect soundness. Chris had helped her, and a small "crush" had developed between them. She helped Chris fight Giovanni and his plans to take over Silph Co.- a move on his part which had purpose in that Giovanni need the hi-tech equipment Silph Co. manufactured. There were rumors as to the reason, but Chris and Sabrina had overheard that it involved the cloning of an ancient Pokemon. Chris knew all too well about this when he had heard the blabbering Team Rocket scientist mumble to himself about it.

Chris used his Charmeleon to defeat many of the scientists in the labs at Silph Co. Being Team Rocket, these scientists weren't about to let their research go without a fight. A very tough scientist doing research on a system of refractive shielding and energy magnification called "the Crystal system," was one of the ones Chris battled. During this battle, Charmeleon evolved into Charizard!

When Chris moved to Giovanni, he used Abra to fight. Abra quickly evolved to Kadabra- both to Sabrina's surprise and to rise to meet the challenge! Chris defeated Giovanni and got a reward from Silph Co.'s CEO. Chris had entered a contest to win an Avoid Scizor- the sportscar that looks like a Pokemon- back in Celadon City. The contest was run by Silph Co., and Silph Co. decided to change the odds in Chris's favor! Chris was given a gag order and told the contest wouldn't be processed fully for another year and Chris would have to wait that long! (Which was fine with Chris, since he wouldn't be able to get his license until then anyway!

Chris used Kadabra and Gengar to fight Sabrina! He passed, but not with flying colors! It was a tough battle, but the decision went to Chris anyway. He picked up a Marsh Badge for his trouble. Once he left the gym, a man from Celadon came and told him that he had won another contest he had entered! (Chris had won a boat! This came in handy when Chris went to Seafoam Islands later on; and it was also useful when Chris in turn moved on to Cinibar Island!)

Chris caught a rare-color Pidgeotto near Fuschia. He named this Pidgeotto "Noah" for no reason in particular. He used this Pidgeotto- who later would evolve into Pidgeot- to defeat Koga at the Fuschia Gym, giving Chris rights to his very own Soul Badge! Koga also helped Chris step up his skills in Chris's preferred style of hand-to-hand fighting- the one which Samurai had taught him- Jeet Kun Do! Chris had been able to use the theory of "move like water" later on in Pokemon combat. It had won Chris many victories with gym leaders and other trainers alike!

Chris made his way to Seafoam Islands, and found the beaches there to be quite enjoyable! Meanwhile, a girl named Maria was said to be exploring the caverns in that region. Rumor had it she'd found a secret on Seafoam Island! A secret about Blaine, the Cinibar Island Gym Leader! Chris had meant to find and speak with Maria, but had no time!

All of this made sense when Chris finally got to Cinibar Island. The volcano had erupted! Fortunately, there weren't many fatalaties and most of the inhabitants had escaped! Chris was ill when he found out that the erruptions weren't natural but had been caused by Team Rocket as a coverup to a secret experiment in the early stages of an operation called "Project: Mewtwo!" Chris found out too much when he went digging around Cinibar and Giovanni had come to silence Chris- permanently! Forutnately, a Magmar had saved Chris. This Magmar turned out being the Magmar of the Cinibar Island Gym Leader, Blaine! It turned out that Blaine had swiftly moved his gym from the volcano on Cinibar to the pacific caverns of Seafoam! (This is what the Maria girl was talking about.) After a couple of crafty riddles from Blaine, Chris was taken back to Seafoam and battled Blaine in his new gym! Chris's Wartortle evolved into Blastoise, and the day was seized! Chris got a Volcano Badge!

It was some of the things Blaine said afterward that disturbed Chris. Blaine said that a new faction of Team Rocket was the cause of the recent volcanic erruption on Cinnibar. Team Rocket was after Blaine and wanted to silence him- but Blaine wouldn't say why!

Next Chapter : GIOVANNI'S GYM, MEWTWO REVEALED!

Chapter 6 : GIOVANNI'S GYM, MEWTWO REVEALED!

Chris managed to make it to Viridian City just before the destruction of it's gym! Chris battled Giovanni and beat him, getting wrapped up in a little dispute! Giovanni had a Pokemon that was getting nervous- apparently the most poweful Pokmeon in the world! Giovanni ordered this Pokemon, an armored nightmare, to attack Chris! The Pokemon would not do so, and threatened to destroy Giovanni if he didn't stop committing crimes! He even demonstrated his powers by knocking down a statue or two and uprooting some tiles! Giovanni surrendered and told Chris he had won fair and square.

Chris played stupid, and pretended to believe the whole thing! It was almost as though it was an act! Giovanni promised he wouldn't commit crimes anymore, and even gave Chris an Earth Badge to show that there were no hard feelings. There seemed to be sincerity behind the action, but there was also deception. It was as though Giovanni felt it would no longer be necessary to commit petty crimes- perhaps just a big one! It seemed as though the incident with the armored Pokemon was a setup. Chris had no doubt that this Pokemon wasn't thrilled with Giovanni, but Chris suspected that a short burst of dramatics where the Pokemon brought Giovanni to his knees and forced him to change was corny theatrics! Plain and simple, Giovanni didn't want Chris to bother him anymore! Chris would still keep a watchful eye on events to ensure Giovanni didn't get his way!

Chris found it awfully suspicious that TR headquaters was reported destroyed not a month later! A Pokemon was said to have escaped from there, a very powerful Pokemon! This Pokemon was undoubtedly the one in the armor. He was also, quite possibly, the genetically engineered Pokemon which had ignited such a hub-bub in TR's ranks!

After that, Chris's journey was fairly much over. He spent the next few months training for the Pokemon League summer games in August. It was nearly the end of May, and although two months seemed like a long time it actually wasn't when it came to the summer games! Chris had to train the Pokemon he was going to compete with into their upper fiftieth levels. He even evolved his Pikachu. Chris played in the League games, got first place, and the rest was history!

Suddenly, he got the feeling that he stood on the dawn of a new journey and adventure. What had it been about that armored Pokemon that had made Chris feel so uneasy? Chris knew this- he stood at a crossroads. Everyone back home wanted him to enter in the Johto League- but they told him not to be pressured if he wanted to join the Orange League. Although Chris had always felt that his travel with Pokemon had started with a "journey" type setup. He caught Pokemon, went to gyms, battled in a league tournament. Chris had a feeling that his journeys wouldn't finish like such. The journeys of trainer Chris would be much different. Let Ash Ketchum have his Pokemon Leagues, but Chris Brockner was going to be unique!

So what would be his uniqueness? Maybe he would find out soon enough...

CONTINUED IN POKEMON JTC : THE DAWN OF DARKNESS

Blog Entries

...so...you're combining the plot of the games and the show...and parts of the Adventure manga? ok...

um...I have a question...are you by any chance a fan of FFVI? Because...two of the names you've used *one in particular* are from that game...

...so...you're combining the plot of the games and the show...and parts of the Adventure manga? ok...

um...I have a question...are you by any chance a fan of FFVI? Because...two of the names you've used *one in particular* are from that game...
    I have? Sorry, but I'm pathetic. I've never played a Final Fantasy game! I'd like to know which ones I've used, though.

At first, when I started writing "Kado," I didn't know Lord of The Rings at all. So, I assumed that people would think I was ripping off "Frodo." Then, I found out that the young Baggins is absolutely nothing like Kado. Kado, is in fact, more like Aragorn. :)

You have and haven't met Kado yet in these stories. Though, I think you'll get a major hint at who he is in the next JTC story "The Start of Journeys Present." There are some big hints in that one. I should be a week or so from now until I put it up. The first one should be all posted up by then.

Why am I mentioning this? Cuz I'm afraid Kado might be the one I used! Of course, how many FF characters would be caught dead with a name that means "corner?" :p

Ah, I see, BJG. Okay, I can settle the two "copied" names for you.

One of the heroes in FFVI is named "Terra." The root of that name is the Latin name for earth itself. So, "Terra" is Earth. So, I thought it would be fitting to call an Earth twin "Terra."

As to "Esper" being like "Esperman," I believe if you look up the French word for "psychic" you'll find the word "esper." Hence, names like "Espeon. (Esper + eon = Espeon)