Pokemon JTC 2 : The Start of Journeys Present...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon JTC 2 : The Start of Journeys Present...

Jellybaby for your brain! Mew2Too's Avatar

Default Pokemon JTC 2 : The Start of Journeys Present...

Okay, folks. This the one! This is the big story you've all been waiting for. More is revealed about the Pokemon JTC universe in this story than you can shake a stick at.

This one has a dark under-layer. The ideas set forth in the story are presented and resolved much quicker than they were in the first story.

If you remember in story one, Chris saw Kado, and he told himself he would "carry that weight," that Kado had put on his shoulders. In this one, Chris starts to feel that weight. What's more, he gets a lightsaber!

Anyway, in my last story, I named a few voice actors I thought might be good at playing the JTC characters. This was to give you, the reader, a rough idea of how the characters would sound.

Here's the ones from yesterday, and a few new ones for today.

John Bosch (playing Chris Brockner) - Sometimes credited as "Johnny Yong Bosch," this guy has had an interesting career in seiyuu. His first job was on "Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers" playing the second Black Ranger, Adam. When "Mighty Morphin" became "Zeo," he played Zeo Green Ranger, and was still protraying the character of Adam. The same sort of shift happened when the Power Rangers went "Turbo," only the entire cast was replaced halfway through that season. Aside from making a cameo appearance in "Power Ranger in Space" he didn't really do anything special until the year 2001 or so. It was then that he got the role as "Vash the Stampede" in the popular anime OAV, Trigun. His stunning performance has since made him an anime idol.

Phillip Bartlett (playing Mewtwo) - The man's voice is synonomous with Mewtwo. If you saw the first movie, you know what I mean.

Lisa Ortiz (playing Maria) - Since you're all Pokemon fans, I don't even introduce Lisa. She should be a household name after she did all those Pokemon babes of the day.

Okay, she also played Deedlit, the fairy queen, in "Record of Lodoss War: CoHK." Ah, yes, and Lina Inverse on "Slayers."

Tara Jayne (playing Vulpix) - Tara Jayne has always done the voice of just about any Vulpix I can think of on the series. Her voice is often mistaken as the voice of Rachel Lillis.

Robert Axelrod (playing Giovanni) - Not the first voice of Giovanni, but a dead-ringer, in any case. Robert Axelrod is a brilliant actor who probably got his biggest career boost playing Lord Zedd on "Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers." He has since gotten roles on "Ruroni Kenshin," "The Big O," and "Digimon."

David Lucas (playing Hiakiu) - Although Mr. Lucas has a lot of brag for doing the voice of Spike Spiegel on "Cowboy Bebop," his face is a mystery. There isn't a picture out there of Mr. Lucas! So, this mysterious seiyuu who has done voices for such anime as "Ruroni Kenshin," "Digimon," "Fushigi Yugi," and "The Big O," remains pretty anonymous.

Rene Auberjonois (playing Chris's grandfather, Professor Brockner - If you've seen "Star Trek : Deep Space Nine," I don't even have to tell you this guy played Odo. He's also done a voice acting stint on Cartoon Network's "Justice League."

In addition to playing Prof Brockner, he is also the narrator guy who does all those, "So this is the world of Pokemon..." bits! ^_^

Robert Wickes (playing Sam Farkrow, Chris's rival cousin) - He has been in Trigun, Ruroni Kenshin, Digimon, and had the little known part of Gene Starwind in a series called "Outlaw Star." He has the same cocky nature when playing Sam as he did when he played Gene. X-D

Melissa Charles (playing Edward, Chris's goofy poultry-lovin' cousin) - Her defining role was a "Radical Edward," the goofy gender-questionable hacker on Cowboy Bebop. The character she plays in JTC is an eerie mirror to the character of "Radical Edward." They even look alike!

I really would have liked to put one in for Professor Yew/Professor Oodamaki, but I don't even know who played him in Japan! Oops, spoiled that for you, didnt' I?

Anyway, here's the first chapter of JTC round 2. Enjoy!

The Journeys of Trainer Chris

The Start of Journeys Present

By Chris Brockner

PROLOGUE

Female-- the heart of this breed is tender. It is said that woman was taken from the ribs of man many many centuries ago, and has since become his guiding compass that leads him to success. Without woman, man would fail to achieve greatness. Though, the same cannot be said for woman. Without man, woman would flourish anyway. They are independent, caring for themselves. Yet, it is in their nature to also care for others. Without woman, man would fail to achieve greatness.

Chapter 1 : RIVALS MEET, SMOOTH SAILING TO PROFESSOR GRAMPY

This is the world of Pokemon. A world where the young and old live in harmony with creatures not quite of this world. Today, Chris, Vulpix, and Mewtwo continue on their own journey. Their journey leads to the quiet laboratory of Professor Brockner- Chris's grandfather! Little does our hero know his old life has yet to mesh with his new one!

The warm sun hung upon some invisible mount in a clear blue sky. Despite the warmth of the sun, a nipping breeze grazed the trees. Their leaves were shaken by the biting wind and began spectacular dances of red, yellow, and orange to a carpet of fading green grass on the earth below. It was fall, and old things were dying away. The trees were falling into deep sleep like that of death in preparation for the coming winter, only to be ressurected again in the spring.

Pokemon of all sorts were making haste to collect food to stash into their equally varied dwellings in the earth. Nearby, a sparse host of Sentret and Furret were scurrying back and forth from an apricorn tree, swiftly packing the fruits of the tree into their nearby burrow. Yet other Pokemon were making provisions for a long flight to some warmer climate. A flock of Farfetch'd were practicing formations in the sky above, moving in and out of patterns like feathery constellations.

Pokemon of different sorts intended to hibernate the frost away, and a Teddiursa in the grass nearby yawned mournfully. It probably was upset with the fact that an elder Ursaring would shuffle it into a cave someplace in the region for deep sleep before it would ever have a chance to play in the pure white snow of the coming winter season. It seemed like child who wanted to play the night away instead of retreating into bed at the behest of a parent who knew better.

Chris himself felt the desire to return home for the coming of cold and dreary weather that would soon rage across the region. Still, he knew there was too much to be done. As he observed these Pokemon readying for a respite that would last a spread of months, he counted them lucky. His Pokemon undoubtedly would have, as well. While their free kin enjoyed a winter vacation, they would still be at his side battling and training to higher levels of experience. Although this may well have been worthwhile, it certainly wasn't as easy as crawling into a hole and spending most of the days sleeping and eating their fill of what was collected before the green warmth of grass had given way to the chilly white of snow.

Chris felt the nudge of Mewtwo at his side. "Hey! How far is this laboratory? I may be immortal, but I do not care to take forever trudging towards oblivion! Besides, you do realize that I do not wish to be seen by any researchers. That would simply compromise the secrecy I have strived so hard to place around my existence."

A snide voice came from nearby. It was not a voice that Mewtwo recoginized, but Chris knew it well. "If you didn't want to be discovered, you picked the wrong partner, Mr. Mutant! Besides, you've already been discovered-- by me!"

Chris growled deep in his throat, "Sam! What are you doing here?" Mewtwo observed a young man about Chris's age with his arms folded about twenty feet away. He wore all black, the polished boots that shod him being the most intimidating part of the outfit. They looked they might be able to take out a Ponyta's eye from the looks of them. The ripped black jeans tendrilled up and a black tanktop was tucked hastily into them. The black leather jacket was perhaps the most impressive of the getup. A silvery ring clipped to one of Sam's ears. Dogtags with various profanities, obscenities, and names of nu metal bands were fitted around Sam's neck. There was only a mild family resemblance between Chris and Sam. Sam's hair, in fact, was not short cropped like Chris's. Instead, it snaked out in long curls and was somehow propped up as though it had been dipped in a vat of hot Beedrill wax. This staved any great resemblance that may have been had they both styled their hair in the exact same way.

"Hey, Chris!" Sam greeted slyly. "Still struggling onwards to places you shoudn't ought to, I see! How are your Pokemon? Still as weak as ever, I'll bet!"

"Hey! Who is this pain in the ass?" Mewtwo inquired.

Chris laughed nervously. "Aa! He didn't mean it that way." Chris then cut his voice to a whisper, and said to Mewtwo, "This is my cousin Sam! That's just his personality showing!"

"Well," Sam began. "I'll bet that that thing doesn't know how to swim- like you!"

Chris grumbled angrily under his breath. "I do too know how to swim! Don't embarrass me in front of my new Pokemon like that!"

"Yeah! We've all seen you struggle in the water, while I could be in the Olympics." Sam boasted. "You ended up having to call out your Squirtle at that race at Acapulco!"

"Well," Chris set off a demand. "Where am I supposed to practice serious swimming around here?"

"You could always swim in that stream over there." Sam stated bluntly. He pointed at a body of water near to Chris's house.

Chris's face turned red with defeat. He mumbled under his breath, "Yeah, the stream ya rotten..." The rest of Chris's words were inaudible.

"Or you could go to Muk Lake or something," Sam declared.

Chris developed a look of amusement. This time he had a great defense. "Muk Lake? Are you crazy? Do you know how many dangerous toxins are floating around in that lake? Then there's all the other "activities" that go on; God only knows what else is carousing around in there!"

"Oh, come on!" Sam belted out. "You get one report about an arm or a leg that someone just happened to catch while fishing one day and the whole world is condemning that poor lake."

"It wasn't an arm or a leg, Sam!" Chris reminded. "It was somebody's head!"

"A head, an arm, a leg- what's the difference?" Sam remarked.

"You cannot swim?" Mewtwo asked, curious with "National Inquirer" type enthusiasm. Apparently, he didn't seem to care about a few lost body parts laying in an old lake.

"Well, I can float." Chris said abashedly. "I just can't navigate too well!" Then he got angry and sarcastic.

"Thanks a lot, Sam!" he snapped between clenched teeth.

"That's okay!" Sam said with a tone of a valiant knight after he'd slain a dragon. He acted almost as if he'd done Chris a favor. "I say... Let's have a rematch! We can use our Pokemon in a surfing contest. I'll choose my Dragonite! You can choose your Blastoise!"

"Fine!" Chris agreed. "We'll take that stream over there- which you were so kind as to point out as a good place for swimming practice. It's pretty steady, deep enough, wide enough. It also leads straight to Grampy's house- which is where I'm headed!!" Chris smiled and flashed the peace gesture once more!

"Funny, that's where I just came from!" Sam boasted, and Chris did a genuine facefault. "I guess if I must go out of my way, then there's no better way to do it than by kicking your ass!"

Mewtwo walked up beside Chris and whispered, "You know, Dragonites are fast! Even as swimmers, they are quite agile. How do you hope to win with Blastoise?"

Chris dismissed, "I'll think of something."

Mewtwo did not look reassured. "How to hell do you humans act so damned arrogant?"

Chris didn't answer. He and Sam released their respective Pocket Monster. Chris watched Sam's Dragonite virtually mold into the water, and Chris couldn't say he wasn't a little intimidated by how stable it looked. As though Sam were a mind reader, he jested, "I think someone has dragon envy!" Sam exploded into fits of raucous laughter, as though what he had just said was so funny Comedy Central wanted quotation rights.

"Shut up!" Chris snarled when he released Blastoise into the water. Blastoise was a tad wobbly when Chris hopped on and Chris had to fight gravity to keep his balance. Mewtwo impromptly began a countdown. On "three" the competing cousins ordered their Pokemon on the fastest trajectory they could muster. Both of them knelt down on their Pokemon's backs and hung on tight to keep from splashing into the water.

The race was mostly uneventful. As a matter of fact, it was down-right boring until a sandbar became visible toward the end of the stream. This was the finish line- the shores of the Southwestern sector of old New Bark Town! Both Pokemon, Blastoise and Dragonite, leapt for the sandbar.

"Land-ho!" Chris shouted as Blastoise took flight. Although, since Dragonite had wings his jump was more remniscent of flying. Blastoise was not going to win due to this very factor- unless...

Blastoise, seeing he was going to lose, retreated into his shell leaving Chris clutching for life to the top of it. Blastoise was now sleeker and more aerodynamic. The massive turtle somehow propelled himself through the air-- something that Dragonite was not expecting. As Blastoise shot past a slothfully floating Dragonite- as slothful pace that would even have beat Blastoise moments before- Chris looked straight at Sam and tugged down on his lower eyelid with his pointer finger. Chris had never seen Sam look more pissed in his life...

And Chris never experienced greater frenzy as he sucked in large amounts of water, nearly drowning to death. Chris had expected to hit land once Blastoise touched down. He expected Blastoise to do a sand-splattering slide into home plate. Instead, the sandbar divided the mainstream from a small resevoir which was well deep enough to submerge a full grown man underneath.

Chris's world went black and the next thing he knew Mewtwo was giving him mouth-to-mouth. He flew to his wavering feet in surprise.

"Mewtwo, what the hell are you doing?!" Chris demanded.

Mewtwo answered curtly, "You were near death when your little stunt backfired. If Blastoise had not been such a quick swimmer you would not be here right now."

"Where's Sam?" Chris asked.

A quick reply came from behind and Chris turned toward it. "Right here! You're more pathetic than I thought!"

Sam stood smugly in light of defeat... Or had Chris defeated him? Chris tried to save face and ask confirm whether he was the victor at the same time. "So, Sam, how does it feel to be beaten by someone who can't swim?"

Sam brushed off, "Well, Chris, you may have won this time, but there'll be other chances to woop your ass!" Sam crinkled his nose and frowned- then ran. "I'm hungry! Maybe Grampy would provide some provisions! See ya at Grampy's lab!"

From a small pouch around his waist, Sam removed both a PokeBall and an ItemBall that was marked, "Bike." From the ItemBall, Sam sent out a sleek looking motorcycle of a make and model Chris couldn't identify. The reason Chris was unable to identify it was because, as Sam suspected, Chris was a dweeb. However, Chris had gone much too far than to let that particular fact be known.

Chris tried his best to shake the water off him. Mewtwo landed beside him and put down Vulpix. "One thing I will never understand," Mewtwo started sarcastically. "Is how people feel the need for competition." Mewtwo looked around and didn't see Chris or Vulpix; then he spotted them.

They were running for a neaby group of two trailers that seemed to connect together just parallel from each other. Behind them was a fenced in area that was crowded with Pokemon both known and unknown to Mewtwo! It beckoned Mewtwo comfortingly from the long distance away it stood. This was Professor Morgan Brockner's lab, and Mewtwo felt that somehow, he had indeed returned to home- or something like it!

Next Chapter : LOVELY MARIA, UNKNOWN REUNION
    What kind of Pokemon am I?

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

...Dude, you know me...and you know I like your other fics, but this...just wasn't all that good.

sorry.

Chris has taken on self-insertion properties, and while you managed that in the first one, here, it seems to be more obvious. And...you mention he's getting a LIGHT SABER? That's enough to make people shut off their computers right there.

Originally posted by Blackjack Gabbiani
    ...Dude, you know me...and you know I like your other fics, but this...just wasn't all that good.

sorry.

Chris has taken on self-insertion properties, and while you managed that in the first one, here, it seems to be more obvious. And...you mention he's getting a LIGHT SABER? That's enough to make people shut off their computers right there.
    It isn't what you think at all...

Oodamki only makes a cameo. It's mostly a humorous gesture. He doesn't really factor in much with the rest of the story, and probably won't be in any of the stories after this. Professor Brockner is the big Professor figure for the remainder of these tales.

As to the lightsaber, it isn't exactly a lightsaber. It is the Sword of Kado. I understand peeps stay away from "lightsabers" in their stories, but I wanted a technological element to the classic sword. This particular saber is based around the same principle of the lightsaber, but it has many twists based on the Terran mythos I have conjured up.

In most respects, it is based on the sword Tenchi uses to fight Kagato in "Tenchi Universe." That is the only reason it is a "lightsaber." Tenchi's sword also utilized the crystal refraction laser technology that so many assosciate as being a "George-Lucas-only" thing. The idea of "lightsabers" isn't so far fetched, as some believe. One of these days, it may be possible to use refraction to create a laser blade. (A blade which might possibly be far more effective than traditional metal ones.)

Also, these stories take place well before Ash's journey to Houen. According to the little timeline I keep in my brain, this story itself only takes place when Ash is just starting out in the Orange Islands. So, we won't see Ash in this story or any other, probably. Not until very much later on. His little cameo in the first story was the most you'll see of him for now.

Anyway, I can see I've opened a can of worms here. Hopefully, I can close it a little. You have to meet Professor Brockner and Maria, and you have to do it now. Here's chapter two. Enjoy, before the situation gets much worse! X-D

Chapter 2 : LOVELY MARIA, UNKNOWN REUNION

A new wind swept her heart the day she had left New Bark Town for the second time. She had waited for this day forever, yet she found herself hesitant to follow this path alone. Her destiny lied in the general direction she was headed, but there was a single fork in the road that would ultimately lead her down the path she was to take. That fork had not made itself known to her yet!

Her name was Maria. Her long chocolate brown hair swept gracefully about her exotically tanned flesh. A navy blue miniskirt clung tightly to her youthful curves was a Pokemon trainers belt. It was matched by vest of the same color. Underneath was a lacey pink blouse. On her feet- socks and sneakers. Not very grown up, it seemed, but it was the same sort of attire she had worn since she had returned since returning with a second place trophy from the Pokemon League.

There was a fork in the road to her journey. She felt out of place now. She only had returned home to Johto, being pressured to enter the league there. "Grow up, Maria!" they had told her. "Stop acting like a baby! You're a Pokemon trainer. What else is there to do?"

She felt alone, because no one understood. She wasn't in this for the fame or the glory. She didn't know if gathering badges while going city-to-city like a trick-or-treater went from door to door was what she wanted to do. Wasn't there anyone who felt the same way?

Professor Morgan Brockner strode up beside Maria. She had been watching her Pokemon play with Professor Brockner's grandson, Ed. and assistant at the lab. Professor Brockner was quite old. His skin was tanned. His glowing complexion seemed unnatural against the pure white of his labcoat. Yet, despite his youthly warmth, his body seemed almost frail and worn. Yet behind that slight physique seemed hidden strength. She felt he was almost a kind of father figure, and then sometimes there was something more...
    Ha ha, Maria, she thought to herself. You've got a crush on a man that's well over four times your age!

Yet, she knew that wasn't true. She felt almost like she and Professor Brockner had been somehow romantically involved in a future she had left behind in some past life. Or, maybe, it was a future she had yet to live. She thought she began to understand that the day she saw the picture of one of the Professor's older grandsons, Chris Brockner.

"Wow," she had commented to Ed. On top of being the Professor's youngest of grandchildren, he was also the Professor's barefooted preteen lab assistant. He had taken quick notice of Maria's picking up and gazing deeply at a less than flattering image of his cousin. In this particular picture, Chris was joining a Vulpix in making funny faces, probably after some huge event that he and his Pokemon had triumphed over. Only Ed realized it was after Chris had beat Ed's own brother, Sam, in getting the Earth Badge first. Chris had sent this picture as a joke to Sam, along with a letter that said he had battled a strange Pokemon while at that Gym. Sam, once he got home, said Chris was lying. That there had been no strange Pokemon at that Gym. In fact, it had been destroyed and he was given a credit badge to get him into the Indigo League Summer Tournament.

Though Ed was actually rather smart, he chose to talk in strange sentences and do complicated twirls. Maria always found that hard to comprehend. He always had barefeet- wouldn't that burn?! "That's Chris!" Ed declared. "Maria monfria seems to have a lushy crushy on him- is Eddie right?!"

Maria blurted out, "Well aside from the fact he's making a total idiot out of himself, he's kind of cute!"

Ed started hanging all over Maria like a coat, and she struggled desperately to shake him off. "Eddie thanks you weddie much, Maria monfria! You think Eddie's cute, even though he's smells like your mama rolled up in a Magikarp!"

"Ed, knock it off," she shouted. She had went to meet some of Chris's Pokemon after that. She had to admit, when she felt kind of sweet on someone, she would try to find out as much as she could about the person. She knew it should be the other way around- men should want to know about her!

She found a small yet well trained group of Pokemon from all lover Kanto, yet there were none that were indigineous to the Johto region. There was a laughing Gengar, an ornery Beedrill, and a warmongering Clefable.

The facial similarities between Professor Brockner and his grandson, Chris, were remarkable! Yet, she realized they weren't exactly alike. Chris was young and a bit impulsive, yet Professor Brockner was older, and his wisdom ran deep. He always seemed to know what to do when a situation turned sour. Yet, she had a good feeling about Chris. His Pokemon seemed happy and usually Pokemon would always reflect different parts of their trainer's personality. All the traits she found in Chris's Pokemon were desirable.

And today, she knew they would meet. That was why the Professor had asked her here. "Why won't you get Sam to do this errand in Houen? I'm sure he'd enjoy it more. There are a lot of beaches and big cities in Houen! They even have a very big biking facility. I think Sam would love it!"

Professor Brockner sighed. "Maria, since the day you walked in I knew you were someone I could trust to do important things for me. All the Chris can get a little cocky and unruly at times, he's also very trustworthy. It's for the very reasons you mentioned that I'm not sending Sam out to Houen. He's even said that his Gym days are behind him in Kanto. He doesn't want to use his Pokemon for battle anymore. This is good! It's practical. Yet, if I send him out to Houen to run errands for me he'll get sidetracked and end up chasing girls and bikes all at the same time. No, I need a Pokemon trainer that won't back down when faced with the temptation of all kinds of recreation."

Professor Brockner looked over at the site of Maria's first Pokemon, Roosterno, conversing and wrestling with some of Ed's own home-brewed Roosterno. "Besides, Roosterno will be right at home in Houen! In addition, I know that Chris will love the Mudkip that I'm going to give him! He loves dual types! Did I ever tell you about the time he caught a Quagsire! He couldn't have been more excited about having a Water type that was part Ground! 'It will confuse the hell out of the newbies!' he said!"

Professor Brockner chortled a little to himself at the thought, but Maria felt no more uneasy than she had. "I don't want to go out to Houen with a boy! I mean-- I don't want to go out to Houen on someone else's tail... I mean--"

Maria blushed wildly, holding back the urge to either burst out crying or giggling. Her big brown eyes wandered towards the ground, fixing their gaze on a patch of grass. She squatted down and start drawing squiggly lines and meanlingess doodles in a square of earth that squared awkwardly into the lucious greenery and formed the dusty road upon which the Professor had made his way up. At the edge of that road was the fenced-in habitat of many different bird Pokemon, and Professor Brockner stood at that point where the road began to snake underneath barbed wire and became grass again. He stood there, and for a moment was very silent.

At long last Professor Brockner let out a cackle, and then patted Maria on the back gently. "Don't worry, Maria! Chris isn't like that at all! He's a gentleman- just like I was at his age! He'll protect you with his very life, so don't worry!"

Maria jumped up and got right in the Professor's face. "It's not that! I can take care of myself! It's just that--"

Maria realized it wasn't the Professor's face she was screaming at- it was the boy in the picture. This was Chris Brockner, the long awaited Pokemon trainer! With him was the Vulpix that had accompanied him in his odd facial expressions in the photograph.

Maria recognized Sam, who pulled up behind on a motorcycle. He didn't even exchange pleasantries with Maria. Instead, he yelled for Edward. "Ed, get one of your Torchics ready! We've got welding to do!"

Ed came out twirling to greet his older brother. "Yeah, we'll modify Sammy's bike! Wad-i-fy! Gaud-i-fy! Mod-o-fy!"

Sam walked up to his grandfather, cousin, and Maria. "Yo pops! Whazzup?!"

Professor Brockner acted as though his grandson had greeted him in dialect befitting an Oxford graduate. "Well, as a matter of fact Sam, I am doing quite well! To boot, I was hoping you'd do me a favor."

Sam brushed back a strand of curly hair and fitted it long a building block into his interesting do. "Shoot, old man!"

"Well, as you know, Chris had a boat," Professor Brockner said, seeming to be getting nowhere. He finally got riding on some kind of track. "I need him and Maria to take it to Houen to run a few errands. I need you to check the engine on the boat. I'll help you, but I think we need to give it a mild tune-up! No offense to Chris over here, but he has no mechanical inkling whatsoever!"

Sam and Professor Brockner shared a raucous laugh, and Chris joined in to Maria's awe. He struggled between fits of hicupping laughter, "Yeah, but I could run circles around either one of you on the computer!"

The laughter increased, until it was cut off by the sound of Maria clearing her throat with an aggravated edge. "Um, while you men are off insulting each other, we could be getting work done!"

Chris seemed just now to notice the girl whom had stared straight in the eyes only moments before. Or, maybe he was just playing to dumb so he could que on "making his move." It was probably as Maria suspected- Chris was performing some macho ritual that was supposed to make him seem more charming and suave.

He began his descent into failing miserably with, "And who is this lovely young cutie?" He came in close, invading Maria's personal space. This at least seemed to make her openly aware of the fact that he was sweating and shaking kind of nervously in order to impress her. There was something she kind of liked about this, yet it really annoyed her in some ways.

Sam's idea of romance turned her off even more than his cousin's, however. Sam's idea was to treat a girl like dirt and she'd love you for it. He whispered quite audibly, "Don't fall for her Chris! She's just kind of bitchy and dumb! She's got all that hot Latin blood in her- she'd have your ass for breakfast!"

Desperately trying to play the good guy and keep it all together, Chris returned, "Well, neither me nor my ass is afraid!"

He decided it might add to the night-in-shining-armor Taurosgrits if he kissed her hand. In doing so, he got a hand cuffed in the back of his head! Maria screamed, "Stop the Lando Calrissian act, geekboy!"

Chris was rattled with pain, yet he bent over Maria's outstretched hand holing for dear life and trying not to break his macho act. The truth was, he was nervous. Maria could appreciate that. She was nervous too. And, at least he wasn't trying to win her affections by shunning her like Sam was. Wasn't Maria doing the same thing, though?
    There you go, Maria, she scolded herself. Messing it all up with a single slip of the emotions! Typical!

There you go, Chris, he scolded himself. Messing it all up with a single slip of that "hopeless romantic/chivalrous gentleman" bull! Typical!

Who do you think you're fooling?! they both thought to themselves.

"You are not fooling me," came a voice that was rasped yet clear as ice. "Well, you are not doing so very well, in any event!"

Mewtwo stood just beyond the group on the long, dusty road that led to the lab, his arms folded and standing in a posture that demaded some wonder from those who had not seen him before.

Yet Maria was the only one in the group who had not seen Mewtwo before, and Professor Brockner's face seemed to grow very pale. "Mewtwo..." he said in a half dreading, half greeting voice. It was as though he feared Mewtwo, yet seemed very well acquainted. This unsolved mystery loomed over the head of Chris and Sam, yet Maria was just speechless.

Chris's voice broke an uncomfortable silence with a question to his grandfather. "Have you seen Mewtwo before, Grampy?"

The blank palor that occupied the Professor's face quickly gave way to a forced smile. No color returned to the Professor's face. "No! I-- I guess it's not hard to see similarities between this specimen you've brought me and the legendary Mew!"

Chris didn't seem convinced. "Yeah... Sure..."

A lighter mood found it's way back to the road when Ed twirled out wielding an infant Torchic in his hands. He moved the chick from side to side in a wide waving motion.

"Eddy-wetty, pee the beddy, gone torch Sammy's bike into confetti! Weehoo!" shouted Ed. "Like your mama rolled up in a Magikarp!"

"Hold up, Ed!" Sam beckoned to his brother to wait a minute. "This is odd! I don't remember my old Pokedex saying anything about this creature right here. Where did it come from? I assumed from some part of Johto or Houen."

Professor Brockner stiffened a little. "Well, no, it's not that Mewtwo is any kind of new Pokemon! It's just that..."

Professor Brockner did not seem to wish to discuss the matter any further. "Well, Ed, bring your Torchic along! You never know when it may come in handy! Come on Sam, Chris's boat is in the lab's garage. He won it in Celadon City you know? I don't think he's used it that much since!"

"What about modifying my bike?!" Sam snapped.

"We'll work on your bike when we're done with the boat," Professor Brockner assured. "Now, let's go."

As the Professor and his two grandsons walked away- leaving Chris, Vulpix, Mewtwo, and Maria the stand and stare- Mewtwo spoke in a hushed voice to Chris. "Do you see now why I did not wish to be seen by any Pokemon professor?"

Chris didn't bother whispering his answer. "Believe me, Mewtwo, I think that my grandfather already knows more about you than he's saying!" Beside him, Vulpix gave a little shrill chirp of puzzlement.

All three of the lab's sojourner's looked over to Maria, who was now gazing with a kind of pentetrating look at the trio. They stumbled back a little. She asked sternly, "What are you? Mewtwo? I've never heard of that Pokemon, either!"

Mewtwo answered courteously, "My story is far too long to speak of here, I assure you."

Maria grunted, then turned back to the pen. "Roosterno," she called. A formidable looking bird Pokemon waddled over to her. "It's time to go! We have to set off for Houen!"

"Houen?" Chris inquisited. "Isn't that where Sam went that time and picked up a bunch of girls and crashed his motorcycle?"

For a second, Maria struggled with the urge to slap that face. She thought he was being sarcastic, yet on a second probing look into that face, she realized he was being quite genuine. That sort of naive puppy dog look was in his eyes. She then struggled with the urge to kiss him, which she settled for a quick peck on the cheek. This seemed to send small hearts spraying from Chris's pores and sparkling in his eyes.

She laughed. "Let's just get going!" She pulled him off towards the garage. Mewtwo and Vulpix followed, and Mewtwo was very wary that he was about to get more exposure to humans than he could have imagined in his wildest dreams.

Next Chapter : A STORM ON THE HORIZON, BEGINNING TO RUMBLE

Blog Entries

A glowing sword is one thing, but you CALLED it a Light Saber...

And I have no idea who this professor guy is that you insist only has a cameo. Who is he and why is that a big deal?

A glowing sword is one thing, but you CALLED it a Light Saber...
    I know I did. This will be confusing for you, but I think it might help if I showed you what I meant by calling it a "lightsaber." This little snippit is from chapter 9 in this story, but it explains how the Sword of Kado is not quite like a lightsaber.

From JTC Story 2, Chapter Nine, "THE SWORD OF KADO"
    "Grampy, are you okay?" Chris asked. Professor Brockner answered by handing Chris a cold metal cylinder that Chris swore looked like a lightsaber out of Star Wars. There was a difference, though. This weapon was marked along the hilt with all manners of old runes and hieroglyphics. What written language this was- Chris was unsure. Yet, they felt strange as he ran his fingers over them.

He supressed the urge to jump back as the weapon activated. A seering blue streak of light shot from the base of the hilt. It was a blade of fire! As opposed to being cylindrical, as Chris might have guessed, the blade was traditionally flat and had a point at pulsing tip. He moved the weapon carefully back and forth in his hands, pretending to perry and attack enemies that weren't there. "Incredible!"
    So, although the Sword of Kado is compared to a lightsaber in the fact that it is a laser sword and has a cylindrical hilt, it is definitely not a lightsaber. This is specifically pointed out by the fact that a lightsaber has a cylindrical blade. Once the Sword of Kado is activated, the blade is more a laser-based blade like that on a traditional sword. In addition, unlike the rather plain base of a lightsaber, the hilt of the Sword of Kado is marked with many runes.

Also, you'll notice that the Sword of Kado is activated simply by the touch of its owner, whereas a lightsaber has an activation button.

Orignally posted by Blackjack Gabbiani
    And I have no idea who this professor guy is that you insist only has a cameo. Who is he and why is that a big deal?
    That would be Professor Oodamaki, the Professor from Pokemon Advance. He makes a cameo in Chapter 11 of this story. *snicker* I assumed that that is what you meant by "self-insertion" properties. I couldn't understand that. All the characters are original.

Unless, of course, you thought "Sam Farkrow" was actually "Sam Oak." No, the Sam in this story is another Sam. He's Sam Farkrow, Chris's rival cousin. Yes, my real cousin Sam and I really were rivals at playing Pokemon before he lost interest.

I'm sorry if I was misleading. :)

Blog Entries

Um, no...a self-insertion is where a character is obviously based on the author, or what the author would like to be. Hence the term SELF-insertion

Um, no...a self-insertion is where a character is obviously based on the author, or what the author would like to be. Hence the term SELF-insertion
    Well, yes, I consider Chris Brockner to be the best parts of me. I draw the events surrounding his life loosely from those surrounding my own. Yet, he is not exactly me. He is a larger than life character. He is more noble a person than I could hope to be.

I know that self-insertion is not typically heralded, but I find it is more lethal to the story in journey fics. This is not a journey fic. I'm pretty sure I won't have time to devote an entire story to Chris getting a badge. His "journey" is to seek out the truth surrounding Pokemon life. He's no Ash Ketchum, but he is in the Pokemon universe all the same.

EDIT: I had more to say, but I had to take my dog out. If you want to take points off because, in some respects, Chris Brockner is to some degree me, I guess I can't blame you. Just remember, though, that Satoshi is a self-insertion of Satoshi Tajiri, the creator of Pokemon. That doesn't mean that Satoshi's story is going to play exactly like Mr. Tajiri's. It does mean, though, that Mr. Tajiri - were he still as active with the anime as he used to be - might feel more attachment to the character.

I'd hate to say it, but if it weren't for Chris Brockner, I wouldn't be here! I would have lost interest in Pokemon a long time ago if all I had to cling to was the Johto filler on TV these days. For the past two years, however, I've had the vision that is "Pokemon JTC." Now, I can adjust the vision, but I can't change it now. This story is alive to me, like no other story ever has been. If I were to collapse this universe now on that one little technicality - that I had used myself as a template - then I would cease to see the Pokemon universe in the light I see it now. The story would lose a great amount of footing in the realms of my imagination.

I hope that goes to show that - even though I poke fun at it as an author, now and then - how important this story is to me. Even if it fails, it doesn't matter. The story will always be alive to me, and that's what matters. As my favorite author, Stephen King, says, "If the story is no longer alive in the author's heart, then it is just worthless words on paper."

Besides, I have evolved more from Chris Brockner's example. He has definitely improved my character. I ask myself, "What would do if I had to fulfill a destiny that wouldn't exactly be comfortable in the short-run?"

The answer is, I would probably whine about it and back down! Yet, Chris Brockner wouldn't do that. I've learned from him, and he's inspired me. I cannot be held totally responsible for what he is. In many ways, Chris Brockner is a living, breathing character. He feels what he feels. Sometimes, I may say, "Well, that's not how I feel exactly." It doesn't matter, because the part of me that is Chris Brockner feels exactly that way!

Oh, and if you hadn't guessed already, my last name isn't Brockner. Examine that name closely. The "Brock" part is perhaps a tribute to my fave hero of old, Takeshi. The "ner" is a kind of suffix. I think the name means something like "Brock-like." Of course, I feel that is not so much the case anymore.

So, I owe Chris Brockner one more thing - my pen name!
    Last edited by Mew2Too; 18th January 2003 at 08:15 PM.

Blog Entries

Yes, I know that self-insertions *can* be good, but the point is that Chris is starting to sound really *obvious*

and that isn't really good...

Yes, I know that self-insertions *can* be good, but the point is that Chris is starting to sound really *obvious*

and that isn't really good...
    Hmm, yes, I think I know the parts where he gets a little "obvious." There were a lot more of those before I fixed this story up, though. In the original story... Well, we won't talk about that! ^^; Anyway, most of the "obvious" parts are probably obvious to you because you know me much more than others word. I mean, you've seen a lot of my posts where I've talked about my real life. The "hopeless romantic" bit, for example. However, that is not a theme common to me. Many of the best characters in the more sophisticated - or sometimes mor low-brow - animes are hopeless romantics.

The whole "Chris-can't-swim" was loosely based on a real argument I had with my cousin, Sam, once. The punchline about the decapitated head, however, is exclusive to this story!

So, as you can see, these plot device might not be as obvious to others as they are to you.

Just bear with it. I think you'll like the rest of the story better, because that first chapter is actually a leftover from the first draft of the second story. (Which was a lot different, and a lot more dumb.)

Blog Entries

OK...

my first fics had a HORRENDIOUSLY BAD self-insertion...FFVI fics that yielded exactly two good things to use for later (one of which I used in "Music of a Thousand Voices", about Kefka's origin; and the other I really haven't used but one of my friends has)

Okay, for those who are sick of seeing Chris Brockner, today is another Hiakiu chapter. Now, I know these get confusing. There's all this talk of past and future Hiakiu. Why don't I go a little more into detail on that. It is later explained in greater detail in story 4, but that's a while away.

The "future" Hiakiu is from the year 2002. Why is he in 1999? The answer is that he is trying to manipulate the past to take over the future. He's doing so through a past incarnation of himself. (Imagine it, if you will, like going back in time and giving yourself stock tips so you'll end up rich in the future.)

This whole deal doesn't really get far. By story 6, Hiakiu packs up and leaves 1999. There is one event in particular, though, that will happen between now and story 6 that Hiakiu means to influence.

The idea comes up throughout this story that Hiakiu is "temporally omnipresent." That means that he may be in any or every time period he wishes to be in. Now, whether or not these Hiakiu are all the same Hiakiu is unknown. Perhaps Hiakiu had ancestors that look exactly like him. Maybe it is the same Hiakiu, just travelling through time. I'm still working on that lil' plot detail, toying with both ideas.

Well, here's today's chapter. I hope you enjoy it. Happy reading!

Chapter 3 : A STORM ON THE HORIZON, BEGINNING TO RUMBLE

Hiakiu could feel it in the dingy depths of his dark abode. He knew what Chris Brockner had intended- to destroy the dawn of darkness and bring about new day. But Chris Brockner's mission, as he would soon find out, would yet fail. Hiakiu was, as before, from three years into the future -- eighteen years of age. In his own time, Kado had been found and had risen to put an end to Hiakiu's reigns of terror. He had meant to beat down that tide of evil that had splashed the shores of Earth. Kado had come to feel that the wretched planet was as his own planet.

It was not very long ago that Hiakiu had begun operations in this temporal zone. He had attacked young Chris Brockner and his friendling, Mewtwo. But, Kado had followed him back, and had brought that meddling Celebi, Justice, along with him.

Hiakiu had been defeated, and he was imprisoned in the temporal void with his hateful monster, Malevolent. Though Hiakiu and Malevolent had since combined their powers to escape. Even Justice. the pompass, self-righteous Celebi time spy, could not extinguish the rivers of dark power that coursed through Hiakiu's body. He had not expected the pair to use such power.

So, he would continue moving back and forth to continue his operations in the past. There was yet despair and woe in store for Earth. On this day, Hiakiu's past-self would arrive on this miserable rock called Earth. He would make waves for the tides of darkness to fall.

Hiakiu remembered that day from his own past. It had been a year, then, since his first time on Earth. Back in 1998, he had begun work on gathering allies for the Dark Order. He had landed on Earth, making "friends" with a number of dictators from Earth countries. He had made a very high friend in Team Rocket - and it was not Giovanni. This particular member, in fact, had not seen Team Rocket headquarters in quite a while. Hiakiu had located her, and promised her great wealth and power if she would help him on his dark path. She had agreed, and it was on this day in 1999 that Hiakiu's past counterpart would begin sewing the seeds of destruction into the grounds of all that struggled with the darkness.

The time was quick approaching. It would not be long before his younger self would begin working with Team Rocket's new Madame Boss to gain control of Rocket Enterprises. It would not be long until that younger and more naive Hiakiu would find himself in his first confrontation with Kado. And, Hiakiu knew that Kado would try to interfere with Hiakiu's becoming into darkness. Hiakiu, this Hiakiu - the one who did not love anyone, not even himself - would have to make sure that history would play out the way it had before.

A voice tinned out from behind Hiakiu. A figure, cloaked completely in the dark, asked, "Will we have our revenge, Master? Will we destroy Kado this day?"

Hiakiu swept a rogue bang from his forehead, staring at a grouping of screens that displayed subspace news casts and interstellar communications. He rolled the idea that, with his knowledge of the future, he might yet destroy Kado before the hero ever became a problem. Yes, the same had not worked for the future Hiakiu that had apprenticed him, but who was to say that Hiakiu couldn't do things differently? Hiakiu smiled sinisterly, and answered, "In time, Malevolent, all things she rise and fall before me as their Master!"

===

The dark ship, the Devil's Maw crept swiftly towards the unsupecting planet Earth. Onboard was a young boy of fifteen. His hair was long and untouched by greying- though that may change one day. Right now, his hair was the condition of his ever-wearying soul - deep black! His clothes were the same, his eyes- though lined with red bloodshot- were of similiar shade. The only relief from blackness was the creamy white of his skin. This was young Hiakiu, still only half touched by the evils of his cult-like origins back on planet Terra. The land of Lyarot was as the day of barbarism that had long since past on planet Earth, and that had been altogether forgotten on the continent of Veritar on his own planet.

On Hiakiu's continent, however, shadows were ever the rule of life. A man could never truly live up to greatness. Any deeds done in heroism were looked upon with disdain. The Lyarans hated other men- and to a degree even despised themselves. They killed those they deemed worthless, ones who would not fight for the benefit of the Dark Ruler. Women were tortured- their weak wills made them untrustworthy. Women were too gentlenatured for the dark forces of that land- they might be tempted to feel compassion. Children were born by force, and only males were looked upon with any great interest. Females were considered to be lowly and useless, they were slave- no more! That was sexual politic in the dark land of Lyarot.

On Veritar, women were great matriarchs of society. Though men were the Kings, decision makers, no man felt strong enough to make any important decisions without the aid of his companion, the Queen. If she said nothing, then no decision could be made. Wars had been avoided that could have destroyed Veritar early in it's infancy. All of this thanks to the compassion of women! For this, the men of Lyarot despised them all the more!

Males were trained to be great rulers in the land of Lyarot- women were thrown to the streets to beg for the affections of men. There were no affections granted to them, no due to their worth. Breeding was never selective, never involved love or matters of their heart. The kind of breeding that happened on that continent- there was a word for it on Veritar. Hiakiu believed it was "violation." The thought of this had run the blood of the men and noble Fukobi axe-wielders-- commonly known to Earth folk as "Mr. Mime." In fact, wars between Lyarans with their followers of Fushashi-- the descendants of Celebi that had been tormented into a rotting state of loathing-- had often met with the sword of men, the axe of Fukobi, and the sacred magic of Fusherubs-- who men of Earth knew more often as "Celebi" -- simply because the self-righteous Veritar scum felt their idea of love to be so important.

In fact, the Veritaran idea of breeding was a disgusting ritual of "warm feelings" and endearment. Hiakiu, when he felt he almost could understand this concept of love and emotion, stopped himself. He realized such ideas would only get in the way of his gaining power.

Now, Hiakiu had come to show his loyalty by striking out at the people of Earth. In a vision of himself from the future, he had received more specific instructions than that. He rolled them around on his mouth, allowing himself to speak them out loud. "First, Chris Brockner and Mewtwo are to die. And then, bring Maria to me!" Hiakiu's expression was so horrific as he finished, merely looking upon it's expression may have driven some men to madness!

Beside him stood something even more terrifying. It's vegetable flesh was putrid and brown. It stood on wirey legs that were like that of a spider. It wielded two menacing scythes that were stained with blood from wars past. On it's face- it's face was like the face of a petrified gray corpse. It had dark circles under it's unnaturally red eyes. It's teeth were yellowed yet almost as sharp and menacing as his scythes. This was a card carrying member of the Fushashi- the undead Celebi!

"We will complete our directives," Hiakiu assured the insane, twisted figure beside him. "We will become as powerful as gods -- Malevolent!"

This was the same Fushashi who would take on the form of a normal Celebi three years from now and travel in to the past. This was the same one that Chris Brockner and Mewtwo believed they had only met last week. This was Malevolent- the evil Celebi!

Next Chapter : REFLECTION ON PAIN

Blog Entries

Interesting.

Interesting.
    Thanx BJG! I'm glad you liked it. Unfortunately, you may have to wait another day for the next one.

You'll remember Sam, my cousin. Well, today I helped the real Sam and his family move out of his present house. My body aches all over, and despite the early hour - around seven at night - I think I'm going to bed! I just got in an hour ago, had some food, and now I'm ready for some sleep.

Fortunately, my cousing Brad, whom Ed is "based" on, gave me a ton of his old Pokemon cards.

Anyway, I'll be back to my old board-browsin' self tommorow. See ya then!

Blog Entries

Oh wow. *snicker* Here's good luck with those cards!

Guys, I'm gonna level with ya. I am in a hella mess. Here I am, sitting at a 16 color, 640x480 Win2K screen, morbidly contemplating whether I should either step back to Windows ME, or jump forward again to Windows XP.

If you haven't guessed, I tried switching OS's. I failed... miserably! My video is quacky, my sound is messed up, and I can't unzip my files. I'm in a mess.

So, before I make me damnable decision, I shall keep you waiting no longer. This next chapter will either make me, or it will break. Depending on replies - or lack there of - that I get, JTC will either continue or end right here. I'll grant you, the grammar may not be the greatest. There might be a few too many exclamation points. It may even be a little cheesy. Perhaps using a historic figure was a genuine faux paux. So, I shall not speak any more. Here is the [final?] chapter of JTC.

Chapter 4 : REFLECTION ON PAIN

"Hand me that wrench, Edward!" Professor Brockner yelled out. He stood, his head under the hood of the boat, and his butt sticking out vulnerably to the rest of the world. Had his old CO from WWII come along, he probably would have kicked that butt to get craps and giggles from his fellow officers. Morgan Brockner always was the most naive and gullible officer in that war. But, he had one thing going for him- he was one of the army's foremost experts on Pokemon!

In the war, he had served as a chief Pokemon medic in his company. However, he had no formal training, no official titles or hours of apprenticing under some expert who probably knew less than he did anyway. Morgan Brockner knew Pokemon very well because his father had farmed many species of monster when Morgan was a little boy. He and his brother, Francis, had read many books about Pokemon of the world before they even thought of joining the army a decade later!

Just as President Roosevelt began signing pacts to help Pokemon trainers everywhere follow their dream, Morgan Brockner set out ot become the world's greatest Pokemon Master! That dream failed when he and his Pokemon were called overseas to Germany to serve their country. Professor Brockner was born from the ashes of what Morgan had been many years later once he left the military. It was Morgan Brockner who had secretly taken down the Furher in that war. He had journeyed into the foreboding layers of Nazi Germany. He had a vendetta against Adolf Hitler. It was a vedetta that had clawed at his heart.

Morgan Brockner had rescued a lovely young Jewish girl, Natalia, from a Nazi concentration camp. He had begun to fall in love with her. He helped her recovery along. He had once thought of asking her to marry him. But, she had found out secrets about a greater evil behind the Third Reich. Rumors began circulating that there was involvement of another race in some terrible plan to conquer the world and turn it into a servant of some tyrannical overlord.

In that accented English, the young woman had told Morgan, "I've heard his name. It was-- was-- Hiakiu!"

Morgan couldn't understand. He decided the name sounded Japanese. Could the Japanese be involved? He held his lover for a long while, and she confessed, "Oh Morgan! I must tell you- my heart belongs to another! His name is Azariah! Azariah Esperman! We haven't seen each other in so many years! Oh Morgan! I don't know if he's even alive, and I've betrayed him! I-- I can't let this go on any longer! Find him, and tell him that I love him very much!"

She ran off, never to be seen by anyone but her captors ever again! It was only days before the fall of the Third Reich he heard she had been ordered found and killed by Hitler. The secret police had gruesomely tortured her. She had been mutilated. Morgan had already begun to discover his power! Morgan Brockner was no ordinary human. He began to discover he was something-- more! Much more!

He found the archaic castle that Hitler had been rumored to be hiding in when news came that American and British soldiers were going for the German capitol! Morgan Brockner used some kind of telekinesis to search out for the Furher. With superhuman strength he put numerous Nazis into unconciousness! When he finally got to the leader, he saw how pathetic a creature he really was. Twisted and mauled by hatred of the Jews, slave to his own delusions! Yet, there was still more.

At the time, Morgan had payed no mind to that voice he heard speaking to the tight-fisted dicatator of Nazi Germany. It had said, "You have failed us, Adolf! The Dark Leader is displeased. I, his servant, Hiakiu, deem you unfit for our Dark Empire. Burn, Adolf! Burn in the fires of your own hatred!"

There was a sort of fading sound, as though whoever was speaking to Hitler was teleporting from the room. There was some begging in German, and Morgan decided to storm the room. With a telekinetic blow that shook the very foundations of the castle, the door flew in! There sat a being whose eyes pleaded for mercy, groppling to be spared. Morgan considered it. He thought of himself whipping out a set of military police handcuffs. "Herr Hitler, you are under arrest for crimes against humanity! May you suffer as much as others suffered at your own pompass-ass will!"

Then Morgan began running the thought of lovely Natalia being tortured by the command of this monster. His secret police beating her until her words were only inaudible grunts of anguish and sorrow. Her guil overwhelming her, probably believing that fate was punishing her for abandoning Azariah, the love of which Morgan Brockner had only heard uttered from her sweet lips. Those sweet lips, that in the last moments of her life, had probably been cut and bruised with the brunt of fists.

Though few realized that Morgan himself was of German descent, Morgan had been told stories of some far away Germany where vinegar was the spice of preference and beer flowed around tables like water in the hands of cheerful men in leiderhosen and feathered caps. Morgan Brockner began to despise it. He hated his heritage, he hated who he was, he hated what he was becoming. He struck out at himself as much as he struck that final deathblow to Germany's Furher.

"Why?!" Morgan screamed, reading those frightened eyes like the untattered pages of some demented book. "Why should I give you mercy?! Why should I let you live?! What mercy have you ever given to others?! WHAT MERCY?! I am not your salvation, I am your destruction! Die! Die you monstrous wretch!!!"

Fury swept through Morgan Brockner. He had come into that place dark-haired and swarthy. He left with a yellowish shade of grey hair and a paler complexion than most of his friends or family had ever known in that face. Even in the greatest of sicknesses, Morgan Brockner had never looked that dreadful. Yet, he didn't feel that he cared as a massive surge of bio-lightning crackled in his body. He vomitted sparks and his eyes became an obscene electric blue. Then, with an alabaster shade, they were aglow to the sheer petrification of Adolf Hitler. After about one minute of trembling power surging through Morgan, he let loose a payload on the body of that cold murderer that the Germans had called their ruler! There was an erruption of flaming boils that overtook his skin. The irises in Hitlers eyes faded away as blood vessels popped and cooked inside his eyes. His hair stood on end and became kindling for a living fire that consumed the Nazi leader. His clothes quickly melted away and meshed with the rest of his body in a vulgar conglomerate of fiber and flesh. There were ungodly wails and screams protruding from his mouth, and the whole castle smelled of rotting meat for years to come.

Morgan stayed and watched with unwholesome glee in his eyes. When there was nothing left but Hitler's charred carcass, Morgan put the fire out with his mind. He had done it! He had-- he had...

The power that had possessed Morgan moments ago faded. He slumped to the ground, shaking in loud sobs. "M-- my God!" he shouted into the uneasy silence that had taken the room. "What have I done? How have I honored her memory? How has this brought her back?!"

Morgan realized that killing Hitler- and revelling in every second of it, to boot- had comforted him no more. It did not bring back his beloved Natalia. What was more, he had felt a brutal hatred stir up inside his normally charitable heart. He had been overcome by some kind of dark temptation. He had felt compassion and justice disappear from the corners of his mind. All that remained was a black and pungent desire for revenge! He had, himself, completed the circle of hate that Hitler had begun! And for one fell second, he had felt what that mad ruler had probably born in his heart for many years before- loathing, malice! In killing the dragon, he had become the monster!

Others simply could not understand, and Morgan realized this was so. He bore this silent burden on his own, allowing nobody else to know in fear he would be deemed a "sympathizer." His commanding officer had come up with a story to cover the tracks of paranormal events that had transpired in that castle. After all, who would believe a story like, "My metahuman charge here used his mind to set Hitler ablaze like an oiled torch!" That sort of stuff would appear on grocery store tabloids years later. That, and it was claimed Hitler had never died. In fact, tabloids swam with useful information. A woman in Oklahoma was certain she had seen Adolf Hitler and Elvis Presley swigging brewskies together in a trailer park.

In an official release to the press, it was said that Hitler had commited suicide. He had shot himself in the head. Then, on top of that, some disgruntled Nazi lieutentant had gone in and set his office on fire. The army took care of that themselves, as just before the release they arrested a swarm of troops and marched into the castle. They set the room- that damned room where Morgan Brockner had single-handedly destroyed the the Third Reich- ablaze.

Morgan Brockner spent the next month searching for Azariah Esperman. Miraculously, he found him. Together, they cried over the loss of Natalia. They wiped their tears away, and decided to move on. It was then that Azariah gave Morgan a mysterious artifact. The reason he had been pursued by the Nazi's- aside from the fact he was Jewish- was because of this artifact. It had been said that, with this simple cylinder, Hitler had believed he could slay all his enemies with a fell blow. It was called the Sword of Kado!

"It does not belong to my family," Azariah explained. "We have been keeping it safe for its rightful heirs for many generations. I was told by my father's father to give it to a man named Brockner were I ever to meet him. I assume that it is now yours to bear. If you ever meet this Kado, you are to give it to him. I am sorry I can give you nothing more. Before this Holocaust that has been, my family was very generous on hospitality."

Morgan put a friendly arm around Azariah. "Azariah," he began. "Just your being there has been hospitality enough!" They shook hands and parted ways. Years would pass before they met again.

Morgan Brockner returned a hero, even without his secret being known. He found a woman whom he very much loved- as much as Natalia and probably a little more. They married, and had three children. One of them was Sam's mother, the other was Chris's father. The other was the mother of the bulk of Chris's cousins on his father's side. Unfortunately, she had passed away just shy of the time that Chris and Sam had set off as Pokemon Trainers.

Azariah found a new wife. They married. They had a child. They moved away from Germany, and into Kanto. They visited Morgan and his wife in Johto, and Morgan felt a strange and eerie deja vu pass over him. Azariah's new wife looked strangely like Natalia. In fact, her name was Natalie. She was much younger that Azariah- the same age Natalia had been when they had met. She was in her early twenties, and she carried something that struck unbelief into Morgan's heart.

Before Natalia had left him, Morgan had given her a handkerchief with his initials on it. He noticed that, stuffed away in Natalie's pocket, there was that same handkerchief!

Natalie had died as well- many years later, but of natural causes. Her grandaughter bore a great resemblance to herself and Natalia. The girl's name was Sabrina. She was the Gym Leader of Saffron City. Chris had had some dealings with Sabrina. Morgan shivered to think how much they looked like himself and Natalia when they were together.

"Grampy," he heard Chris's voice beside him. He mindlessly drew his head up and struck it on the edge of the hood. He yelled out abruptly, and then looked down at the engine which he had virtually disassembled.

He pondered aloud, "Funny, I was only supposed to remove one bolt!" He chortled to himself. He had gone into one of his little reminisces that ended in the ruin of whatever he was doing. Still, as he looked over at Chris, he felt a new fear take him. Chris was so young, and Morgan knew that he had a harder road ahead than even he himself had endured.

Next Chapter : PREPARATION FOR A MISSION

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast