Pokemon Black and White: The_Noob Edition

View Poll Results: Do you like my rendition of Black and White?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Great!

0 0%
  • Good...

1 16.67%
  • Needs work....

2 33.33%
  • My eyes puked!

1 16.67%
  • Do you think my theory on the 'growing up' stuff correct? (no voting)

0 0%
  • Heck yeah! *spits gum out*

1 16.67%
  • Kind of.....

0 0%
  • Not really.....

1 16.67%
  • You talked too fast!

0 0%

Thread: Pokemon Black and White: The_Noob Edition

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default Pokemon Black and White: The_Noob Edition

With Pokemon: Black and White fast(ish) approaching, we must remember that Pokemon may be growing up, storywise. Pokemon is a franchise that centers around growing up, the worst part about growing up is having to deal with tragedy. Pokemon Black and White is also a self-fufilling prophecy, just look at the name, black and white denote a stark moral choice. If anything, Black and White will look at the theme of growing up in a way that will knock us flat and remind us that Pokemon is a franchised to be reckoned with. Welcome to my mind. Enjoy. (Note: This fic will be updated quite randomly, with updates far and few inbetween, but quite large)

Just to say, this fic reads more like a strategy guide than actual fanfiction.

World Map:

Gym/E4 Lineup:

Evil Teams

Note: This is set 10 years after the events of Red, Blue, and Yellow.
    Note 2: This has all the Pokemon announced for B/W at the moment (and been given English names in the vein of Generation I's mediocre translating), as well as some extras I've cooked up myself. The reigonal professor is Professor Araragi. (now called Professor Willow) Triple Battles have been introduced as well. Other than that, it's mostly my creation!
    Note 3: The third version is called Spectrum (which means all the colors in the rainbow, so, basically Pokemon Rainbow), and any special features only in Spectrum get a special chapter. If something is changed in Spectrum that's already in the normal duo, it will have a small 'S' next to it, similar to the one displayed, and the change will be explained.

Prolouge: Starting a New Game

You are introduced to the Pokemon world via dream, a dream about a rolling landscape of an arid and rocky place, bordered with jungles and meadows, deep caves, quaint little towns, wide open seas, and sprawling metropolitan areas; suddenly, the dream turns into nightmare, soldiers march, revolution is waged, the world in front of you burns, the sea churns in anger, and man and beast alike die. Your mind's eye goes into a clear pool of water, zooms in, and allows you to choose your character. As with dreams, you remember a speech from school about becoming a Pokemon trainer, this memory introduces you to the dangers and privileges had to being a Trainer.

After finishing customization and introduction, you are woken by your mother in a state of half-fright. Your best friend (female), or girlfriend (male) wants to show you something in the deep backwoods outside your hometown, your mother tells you. You pick up your backpack and running sneakers and go with her.

This character is Blanche (derived from the French word for White), a beautiful blonde teenager a few years older than you (12-14), a face that could launch a thousand ships. As you walk through the forest you find a pair of golden apples (ie; in the Illiad, the Trojan war was started by a golden apple)and start peeling them when you hear Blanche scream.

You run over to her to find her torn up (very hard to see in the early morning light) and facedown with a creepy-looking amount of blood trickling from her face, killed in her prime by an unknown creature. You drop the paring knife in fear and put the golden apples in your backpack, then pick the knife up and run to your hometown.

Title credits roll, and the player finds his/her avatar in a paddywagon, to be dropped off in a backwoods Police Station and confronted by your mother, Officer Jenny, and the regional professor. Jenny, using the paring knife as evidence, says your story is a coverup for murder (she can 'tell' because you 'talk too fast and trip over your words', ironically), your mother is on the ropes, and the Professor believes you are innocent. She negotiates with Jenny to put you on parole, and, if you can defeat the Elite Four, all false charges will be removed. As with all new trainers, you must select a starter, and your journey begins. Shortly after getting off the first mellow path, one of your better friends, Sarah (who is around 16 years old, her name derived from the Russian word Seryi, or grey) walks up to you.

"I've heard what you've done." She says, "So you're doing this training thing to get off on a good note, huh? Well, you ain't doing this without me," Pausing to spit her gum and ram into your face, indicative of her attitude, "I'll make your life a living heck, I'm not letting you off easy like that quack did! I'll even beat the Elite Four before you do! I'll show you," Before battling you, she whispers, "Murderer."
    Last edited by Der_Neuevenmenschen; 13th November 2010 at 10:17 PM.

is obsessed with Noivern! Zekurom's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokemon Black and White: The_Noob Edition (Warning: Slightly Disturbing!)

Saw this due to your Contact list and a little snooping in your thread-starter statistics.

Ehh, it's a summary, alright. Seems like something I'd read, at any rate. Of course, you're not going to actually continue this, but it's just a comment in passing.
    The word "quadragonal" is the only word with "dragon" in it where "dragon" is not a root word. That makes it awesome.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokemon Black and White: The_Noob Edition

Thanks for necrobumping my prom-night-dumpster-baby fic. One day this shall rise out of the ashes. But maybe when I'm bored.

EDIT: I'm bored. I'm still working on Tarnished Gold, and I'm just doing this chapter for fun.

Chapter I: Forward Ho!

First, to begin with, the Starters are as follow:

Smugleaf (Tsutaaja): All-around, levels fastest, shallow movepool (mostly STAB moves) learnt slowly
    Evolves into: @ Lvl. 24 -> Lectroleaf (Conductor Pokemon, Grass/Electric, larger and leafier) @ Lvl. 42 -> Kilosilisk (Gigawatt Pokemon, Grass/Electric, Dragon-like monster covered with huge thorns radiating electricity)

Babecon (Pokabu): Defense-and-HP-based, levels at an average pace, has a decent moveset learned at an average pace
    Evolves into: @ Lvl. 26 -> Brisqoal (Road Hog Pokemon, Fire/Steel, A motorcycle-like young boar) @ Lvl. 44 -> Badbirousa (Road Hog Pokemon, Fire/Steel, a truck-like giant boar, which snorts fire)

Wotter (Mijumaru): Attack-and-Speed-based, levels miserably slow, extremely versatile moveset learned early on
    Evovles into: @ Lvl. 28 -> Ottana (Rookie Pokemon, Water/Fighting, a larger otter with two shells, and small blades on its arms) @ Lvl. 46 -> Sealmurai (Master Pokemon, Water/Fighting, a snarling anthropomorphic seal with heavy shell armor, and massive blades protruding from its arms)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Trainer Dossier (used for every trainer to be experienced in your journey):
    Class: Rival
    Name: Sarah (default)
    Reward: 500 $
    Max EXP gained (only for this battle): 160 (Smugleaf) 140 (Babecon) 120 (Wotter)
    Catchphrase (What is said before battling): "Prepare to bite the dust!"
    Defeatphrase (What is said when you win): "Grrr... I'm going to get you later, murderer. To think I used to be friends with you!"
    Winphrase (What is said when you lose): "Hah! I couldn't of expected any worse! I can't wait to tell everyone all about how much you suck!"
    Party:

(if you chose Smugleaf):
    Babecon (Lvl. 5, No Items, Always Female)
    Moves:
    -Tackle
    -Snarl (Defense-based version of Howl)

(if you chose Babecon):
    Wotter (Lvl. 5, No Items, Always Female)
    Moves:
    -Scratch
    -Growl

(if you chose Wotter):
    Smugleaf (Lvl. 5, No Items, Always Female)
    Moves:
    -Pound
    -Sand-Attack

After the battle, Sarah becomes intensely angry at you, and starts fuming. Sarah falls into the Wrench Wench archetype, having a monkey wrench in a leather-gloved hand, baggy black jeans, combat boots (which the jeans are tucked into), vivid light green hair, which is covered mostly by a spotted blue bandana, and a wife-beater for a top. Her face wears a cocky smile almost all the time, and her eyes are light blue, and her skin is a dark tan. After spinning around in rage for a few seconds, she runs off wordlessly.

The first route you go on had no tall grass on it, just a small winding path through a dark forest of pine trees and (golden) apple trees, with Sarah skulking at the end.

The next route, however, is almost all tall grass. It has multiple cliffs and quite a few Oran Berry bushes, to help you heal your Pokemon between battles. The route takes a sharp left turn up to what seems to be a beach, dotted by a few pines.

Route 3 (Route 2 has no Pokemon, Route 1 will not be able to be explored until you've beaten all 8 gyms):

PokeDossier:

Skwhirl (Minezumi):
    Encounter Rate: 45%
    Max Level: 4
    Known moves (at time of capture):
    -Scratch
    -Growl
    Evolves into: @ Lvl. 23 -> Guardhog (Miruhoggu)

Pudgeon (Mamepato):
    Encounter Rate: 40%
    Max Level: 4
    -Peck
    -Growl
    Evolves into: @ Lvl. 21 -> Flambirdant (Hatapoo) @ Lvl. 36 -> Ospredgeon (Dragonhawk-like badassification of Hatapoo)

Moufish (Basurao):
    Requires: Old Rod
    Encounter Rate: 100%
    Max Level: 45
    -Splash
    Evolves into: @ Lvl. 20 -> Skulkraken (Plesiosaur-like monster, Water/Dragon)

Seworm (Kurumiru):
    Max Level: 3
    Encounter Rate: 15%
    -String Shot
    -Leech Seed
    Evolves Into: @ Lvl. 5 (and up) + Oran Berry -> Sewcoon (A berry with eyes and a leaf over it, covered in spiderwebs) @ Lvl. 10 (and up) + Sitrus Berry -> Sewkarine (A sugarplum-fairy-like bug made out of leaves, flowers, and a berry for a head. High Speed.)

Trainer Dossier:

Class: Youngster
    Name: Frederick
    Reward: 8900 $
    Requires: Having beaten all eight gyms
    Catchphrase: "Hey, you beat all eight gyms? Cool! Check out my Pokemon, I've been training here for years and years! I've been training so long, all my Pokemon are in the top percentage! All of 'em! But I think I told you already."
    Defeatphrase: "Maybe I should go on a harder route sometime soon..... It seems all of your Pokemon are of an even higher percentage than mine..... Sigh....."
    Winphrase: "It's okay, you just need to train harder for a few more years!"
    Party:

Ospredgeon (Lvl. 56, Leftovers, Always Male, Pidgeon Breast)
    Moves:
    -Aerial Ace
    -Sucker Punch
    -Shadow Claw
    -Close Combat

Sewkarine (Lvl. 54, Frout Berry, Always Female, Chlorophyll)
    Moves:
    -X-Scissor
    -Giga Drain
    -U-Turn
    -Leaf Blade

Guardhog (Lvl. 54, Leftovers, Always Female, Keen Eye)
    Moves:
    -Heavy Tail (100 Power, 95% Accuracy, 20 PP, 15% chance of flinching)
    -Earthquake
    -Aerial Ace
    -Quick Attack

Skulkraken (Lvl. 54, Magnet, Always Male, Intimidate)
    Moves:
    -Thunderbolt
    -Dragon Pulse
    -Surf
    -Ice Beam

At the end of this Pokemon-infested, cliff-filled route, you will once again find Sarah being a jerk. This time, she hit a kid sitting on the beach on the knee with her wrench. The water by the beach is deep and has many rocks, sticks, and lilly pads on it, by which it earns its name 'The Lilly Pond'.

"And that's what you get for trying to watch me go to the bathroom, punk!" She screams, furious. The kid, Youngster Frederick, replies, "I wasn't! You scared me, I thought that was some sort of weird Pokemon hissing at me!" Sarah spins around in her fury, and leaves Youngster Frederick with a warning, "Well, next time I go to take a whizz, leave me alone! Or the last thing that goes through your mind is my wrench." She then storms back into the woods to continue her bathroom break.

This gives you the chance to talk to Frederick, who says. "Ow, my knee! Grrr.... Oh, hey! Who are you? *pause* So [playername], how are you doing. You know my Pokemon are in the top percentage of all their species? Yeah, my silly National cousin Joey says his Rattatta is in the top percentage of Rattatta, but my Pokemon chewed that little thing up and spat him out! How many badges do you have? *pause* None? Me too! I would be Champion now, if only I could get across this pond! Hey, when you have eight badges, come back and talk to me, maybe we could battle! *ruffling in the bushes* Oh crap, here comes the crazy girl! *Sarah walks out of the woods*"

Before Sarah can go on some rant, and probably smack you with her monkey wrench, a massive riptide occurs in the water, churning up onto the beach. "OH CRAP!" Sarah screams, "WHAT'S HAPPENING!" The riptide is slowly revealed to have been caused by a strange person riding a Wailmer through the pond. After s/he gets off the creature, s/he is revealed to be an ambiguously gendered person, in a long black robe (with maroon inner lining), and a large mask with a frown on it, his/her eyes a glowing red. Sarah, still flabbergasted, walks up to the strange person. "Hey! What you doin' scarin' me like that! Almost peed myself there! I oughta....."

The strange person interrupts. "You ought to come with me, child. As an experienced trainer, I know this pond is a great obstacle for any new one. It is my duty to-" Youngster Fredrick interjects, "But-" The masked stranger simply replies, "I'm sorry, but my Wailmer can only take three at a time, Frederick. I'm sorry, but I have to help these two right now." Fredrick turns away from the stranger, "Awww..."

The stranger continues his/her speech. "I am the Masked One. I will take you across the lake, if you help me with a problem I've been having. The first gym leader, you see, has locked himself up in his gym in Wheaton City. I need you two to lure him out with the prospect of a battle. Now children *unleashes Wailmer*, get on the Pokemon, and your journey will truly begin."

You follow The Masked One and Sarah onto the large beast, which causes a riptide as it swims across the tiny pond, and onto the other shore. "Welcome to Route 3, children. It is a very long path from here to Wheaton, and I will need to help you along like I did at the Lilly Pond."

Sarah quickly interjects, as usual, "So... You're followin' us around? Givin' us rides on Pokemon? What are you, some kind of child molester thinking he's going to get lucky?"

The Masked One turns around, and faceplams. "No. I'm the Champion of the Pokemon League. I'm supposed to help- Oh no, I wasn't supposed to say that!" S/he quickly turns around, trying to pretend nothing had happened. "Oh... Wait... I forgot! Here's five Pokeballs for each of you, so you can catch something to back you up, should your starter faint!"

Sarah and you take the balls. "Thanks, oh high and mighty Champion. *The Masked One facepalms* I'm gonna catch me something nice, like one of them Pudgeons!" She runs off into the grass, and is suddenly challenged by a random trainer.

The Masked One turns his/her attention to you, "Now that she's out of the way... As if she'll go far... You should follow me, I at least know how to battle something stronger than a baby Skwhirl!" S/he takes your hand, and guides you over to where Sarah is getting her ass kicked by the Shorts Kid. Wait, shouldn't I explain what's on this route?

Route 4

PokeDossier:

Same as Route 3, (maximum level of any Pokemon encountered here is 5, after 1st gym is beaten, 7), but introduces a new Pokemon:

Grubva (small generic semi-realistic grub, Bug-type):
    Requires: Beaten 1st Gym
    Encounter Rate: 25%
    Max Level: 7
    -Mud Sport
    -Sand-Attack
    -Tackle
    Evolves into:
    @Lvl. 30, Speed < Attack/Defense -> Scyther; Lvl. Up knowing Iron Defense -> Scizor
    @Lvl. 30, Defense < Attack/Speed -> Heracross (learns U-Turn upon evolution); Lvl. Up knowing Swords Dance -> Atlacross (Beefier, meaner looking Heracross, Bug/Fighting)
    @Lvl. 30, Attack < Speed/Defense -> Pinsir; Lvl. Up knowing Agility -> Pinswift (Tiger Beetle-like version of Pinsir)

Trainer Dossier:

Class: Shorts Dude (He's the Shorts Kid from Route 3 in RBY, but.. he's 20... And wearing the same outfit he did 10 years before)
    Name: [blank]
    Reward: 400 $
    Catchphrase: "I love shorts! They're comfy and easy to wear! I've been wearing shorts all my life, ever since I was a boy in Kanto! It's been ten long years since I was defeated last, and I've been wearing these same shorts ever since!"
    Defeatphrase: "Aaagh! I was beaten by a non-shorts-wearer again! Maybe I should change my shorts sometime..."
    Winphrase: "You should just wear shorts!"
    Party:

Rattatta (Lvl. 4 (S: Lvl. 6), No Items, Guts, Male)
    Moves:
    -Tackle
    -Growl

Ekans (Lvl. 4 (S: Lvl. 6), No Items, Intimidate, Female)
    Moves:
    -Wrap
    -Leer
    -Poison Sting

Class: Youngster
    Name: Timothy
    Requires: Caught 1 Pokemon
    Reward: 120 $
    Encountered: Multiple times along the route
    Catchphrase: "Hi! Let's battle!"
    Defeatphrase: "Bye! See you later!"
    Winphrase: "Yay! I won!"
    Party:

Creepily enough, Timothy's party will mirror your own, every time you fight him. He can be rematched infinitely after the first battle, since he will follow you around for four more fights after you beat him, any time you come to Route 4.

Class: Triplets
    Name: Melissa, Patricia, and Keith
    Reward: 500 $
    Encountered: Towards end of route
    Catchphrase: Melissa: "I'm Mellissa!" Patricia: "I'm Patricia!" Keith: "And I'm Keith. LET'S BATTLE!"
    Defeatphrase: Melissa & Patricia: "Darn.. We lost.." Keith: "Let's try harder next time!"
    Winphrase: All: "Hooray! We won!"
    Party:

Skwhirl (Nicknamed: "Fred", Lvl. 12, belongs to Keith, No Items, Male)
    Moves:
    -Scratch
    -Growl
    -Bite

Pudgeon (Nicknamed: "Charlie", Lvl. 12, belongs to Melissa, No Items, Female)
    Moves:
    -Peck
    -Growl
    -Wing Attack

Sewkarine (Nicknamed: "Fairy", Lvl. 12, belongs to Patricia, Oran Berry, Male)
    Moves:
    -Leech Seed
    -Harden
    -String Shot
    -Absorb

Moufish (Nicknamed: "Lazy", Lvl. 45, belongs to Keith, No Items, Male)
    Moves:
    -Splash

Babecon (Nicknamed: "Neat-O", Lvl. 9, belongs to Melissa, No Items, Shiny, Male)
    Moves:
    -Tackle
    -Snarl
    -Smokescreen

Sewcoon (Nicknamed: "Wormy", Lvl. 13, belongs to Patricia, Oran Berry, Female)
    Moves:
    -Harden
    -Tackle
    -String Shot

Assist Dossier:

Class: Champion
    Name: The Masked One
    Assistance Duration: From start of Route 4 to end.
    Party:

Wailmer (Lvl. 10, No Items, Male)
    Moves:
    -Splash
    -Water Gun
    -Growl

Farfetch’D (Lvl. 10, Stick, Male)
    Moves:
    -Sand-Attack
    -Peck
    -Fury Attack
    -Knock Off

“Now, let’s watch how a normal battle goes down,” The Masked One says, pointing at Sarah and the Shorts Dude, who are about to battle, “Or, have you already done this?”

At this point, you get a Yes or No question to decide on. Saying yes will allow you to watch the battle as you learn the basics of fighting:

“*Switches to battle screen; Sarah releases her Pokemon; Shorts Dude releases his Ekans* First, you’ll unleash your Pokemon. Then you’ll make a move on the enemy.” The Masked One points out rules, replacing the trainer screen and such,”*Sarah’s Pokemon uses its attack move, scores a critical hit and removes half the Ekans‘ health; Shorts Dude’s Ekans uses Leer* Did you see that?!“ The Masked One yells, obviously excited, “When a move scores a critical hit, it does much more damage than usual. Also, some moves, like Leer, merely lower certain stats. Let’s see more. *Sarah’s Pokemon decides not to do anything; Shorts Dude’s Ekans uses Poison Sting; Sarah’s Pokemon gets poisoned* Some more rules to battling. Sometimes, if your Pokemon doesn’t trust you because it doesn’t like you, or you don’t have enough Gym Badges, it will disobey and loaf around. Also, Sarah’s Pokemon has just been poisoned, so it’ll take damage every turn. *Sarah’s Pokemon takes poison damage, faints* And the battle’s over! Let’s move on to something different, shall we?” The Masked One says as s/he guides you to some tall grass (If you say no the first time, you‘ll instantly go to this). Sarah is running through the grass, quite angry from the looks of it. “Let’s learn to catch a Pokemon. I’ll do it for you. Would you like to see?”

Another Yes or No question appears; saying no will allow you to move freely (albeit being partnered up with TMO to rack up the experience points) and s/he will say, “Oh, so you already know how to catch a Pokemon? You must watch a lot of television.”

If you say yes, however, you’ll be treated to watching The Masked One beat the crap out of and catch a wild Skwhirl, with all the generic stuff about getting it weak included.

During your travels on the swampy road that is Route 4, you’ll come across many, many small ponds that you’ll need The Masked One (who is following you) to ferry you across. Also, as you progress through this route, and battle many low-level Pokemon equal to your starter’s level (especially since most people would skip the easily avoidable grass on Route 3 and get to the lakeside), you’ll quickly level, thanks to The Masked One healing you, and possibly even get a Pokemon you may have wanted that appeared earlier at a weaker level. Of course, it’s rather long, and would usually take an hour for most gamers to get past.
    Last edited by Der_Neuevenmenschen; 12th November 2010 at 06:57 AM.

In pain and Insane. British Joe's Avatar
    Blog Entries

... You've seen a wailord, right? big, huge things that are larger than a school building? I'm pretty sure it can handle more than three people. I'm even betting it can handle a thousand...
    I claim Unown J. Fear teh J.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

^^
    Then it shall be a Wailmer you ride across on! *imagines how ridiculous it would look*

On the other hand, it could just be the fact that the Masked One knows Frederick's Pokemon are in the top percentage, so s/he can't let him outside of Route 3.
    Last edited by Der_Neuevenmenschen; 7th September 2010 at 04:37 PM.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Excuse the Double Post:

Chapter II: An Evil over the Horizon!

During your travels on the swampy road that is Route 4, you’ll come across many, many small ponds that you’ll need The Masked One (who is following you) to ferry you across. Also, as you progress through this route, and battle many low-level Pokemon equal to your starter’s level (especially since most people would skip the easily avoidable grass on Route 3 and get to the lakeside), you’ll quickly level, thanks to The Masked One healing you, and possibly even get a Pokemon you may have wanted that appeared earlier at a weaker level. Of course, it’s rather long, and would usually take an hour for most gamers to get past.

Towards the end of the route, you’ll come to a long paved road, with a signpost announcing your proximity to Wheaton City.

“I haven’t been here in so long.” The Masked One says, starting to bow his/her head in sadness. “My son, Noah is the gym leader here. Every time new trainers come along, I go with them to try and lure them out. He’s been leaving badges outside his gym, I’ve heard. This is unacceptable!” S/he turns around, and then turns toward the city you’ll be entering, and back to you. “But. I’ve heard much worse. He’s holed himself up in there; and some people say he’s been spending most of his time in other places. Do you know what Gym Leaders even do? Well, I guess the truth is this. The world you’re in knows nothing of its own politics. Gym Leaders are those people your mother and father pay their rent to. And if they ever slack up, your town will go down a hole quite fast; and if they become a little cruel, they’ll never have to tell us. Nowadays, most Pokemon Leagues exist to hide any major screwups that happen during negotiations between Champions. The other Champions are tyrants and psychopaths who like to do anything they want with tax money under their citizens noses! Cynthia and Steven even seem to have a -ahem, thing for kids your age. Frankly, I fear I’m the only good leaders there are in the Nation. The only good place other than here is Orre. We just have most citizens brainwashed into not acknowledging it. Even here, where we‘re actually responsible for our people.” He/She looks around, a little worried, as if someone is listening. “I’m sorry, kid, but that’s the truth. Now, let’s go to Wheaton City. My Noah’s going to have to come out of that gym sometime, and business can go along as usual.”

The Masked One grabs your hand again and leads you to the gate of Wheaton City to reveal that it is decorated with many posters (which, by interacted with, can be seen in full on your DS‘ touch screen), which say:

“Training kills! *shows a Pikachu lying in a pool of blood, and a Pokeball next to it*” Or “You’ve been lied to! *shows a silhouetted Cynthia holding a child in a creepy way, while holding green bills labeled ‘The People‘s Money‘*” And “Would you trust a trainer? *shows Ethan in a Team Rocket Uniform, holding a Pokeball dripping with blood*”

The Masked One is startled at the sight of this. “What is this? *takes a poster* PETP? Training kills? This can’t be good! We have to investigate! Come with me!” S/he drags you into the city, and reveals a much worse scene.

As you walk in, the city is shown to be deserted, and many of its neighborhoods are merely populated by rolling pieces of propaganda posters. The music (which was neutral throughout most of the game so far), has gone to a 3DS-level rendition of the original Lavender Town theme. The buildings are interconnected by large banners proclaiming PETP‘s mission statement: “POWER TO THE PEOPLE!” or “TRAINING IS MURDER!”; and the Pokemon Center and Pokemart are closed. As you walk along, you encounter Noah’s gym (which, actually, isn’t too far from the city entrance). It’s boarded up, and has many pieces of propaganda taped to it (like nearly all other buildings in the city). But, it sports one major difference. Red graffiti, which looks like it is painted in blood. The Masked One, however, doesn’t take so well to this. S/he runs up to the building, and breaks down in front of it. “Noah… Noah…. No. NO! MY SON! THEY KILLED HIM! THOSE REBELS WILL PAY! COME WITH ME!” S/he is still sobbing as s/he takes you farther into the city. Red, bloody graffiti adorns some other buildings.

When you and your friend reach the center of town (which is adorned with boatloads of PETP propaganda banners) with many people (quite a few of which are children) wearing blue shirts are chanting a name: “IBLIS! IBLIS! IBLIS! IBLIS!” As a woman in a blue and white jumpsuit, with rather oddly fashioned grey hair sporting two spikes on the front, walks up to a podium.

“Let’s watch from a distance. These people probably won’t be friendly to us.“ The Masked One whispers, backing into the shadow of a building (at this point, it‘s about midday, due to the fact that this part of the game deliberately speeds up time to make things easier to see; the clock resets to that of your DS‘ internal one by the time you get the Music Badge). Next to her, bound and gagged (except for his feet), is the Gym Leader, Noah. She takes his hand, and raises it to the sky, as the Blueshirts cheer maniacally, and proceeds to make some speech about how people have been lied to by the government, and how Pokemon training kills.

“Noah! Thank Arceus he’s alive. I‘m going to find a way to get him free from that woman. You stay right here.” TMO whispers again, about to go into action. Suddenly, out of nowhere, Sarah barges in, most likely not recognizing that there is an homicidal animal rights group having a speech in front of her. “Hey there, loser! What’s the deal here?“ She yells, attracting the Blueshirts’ attention.

Iblis parts the crowd and walks towards you and The Masked One, leaving Noah on the platform. The boy quickly unties himself and runs off. Sarah then walks off as if nothing happened, and Iblis faces you and The Masked One, and proceeds to speak to you with a scowl on her face:

“So. I didn’t think someone like you would come here. A full fledged Champion came all this way, just to see me! I guess you haven’t heard of PETP. We’re People for the Ethical Treatment of Pokemon, and our intentions are to put an end to the lies the powers that be spread, and make the world a safer one for Pokemon! Of course, though, we can’t have people like you around anymore. I guess you’ll be our first Champion we get to kill; thanks for letting us use your good-for-nothing son as bait. He was a lousy Gym Leader anyways. Come to the podium, Masked One, and face the end of your filthy, evil life.”

Blueshirts flood in to assist her capture your friend when the sound of a microphone being tweaked plays.

“HEY! Is this thing on?!” Sarah yells, having gotten onto Iblis’ platform. “So….. I’ve got the mic. That means you’ve gotta listen to me *the crowd becomes awed*! First of all- you’re lame. I mean, seriously? Blue shirts? Blue went out of style a long, long time ago! And, secondly, what’s with all this ‘save the Pokemon’ crap? How will people take you seriously if you don’t hurt noone?! *a Blueshirt raises his hand* SILENCE INFIDEL! I AM THE ONE WITH THE POWER NOW! And, as I was saying….. Why do you have to hate on Champions? They didn’t do nothing wrong? *Iblis walks up behind Sarah*”

Iblis, with The Masked One bound and gagged like Noah was (along with you) walk up to Sarah, who is a little shocked. “Excuse me for a second, people.” She says, turning to the older woman. “Eh…. What’s the problem?” She asks.

The grey-haired woman frowns and walks up to Sarah. “HEY! DON’T GET SO PERSONAL!” The girl yells. “Well, well, well.” The woman says, patrolling the platform. “It looks like we have another trainer to hang. *three nooses come down from atop the platform* It’s sad that you have to be such a waste of space. I’ve no mercy for the wicked, like you, though. *three Blueshirts walk up behind our heroes to help Iblis kill them* Members, kill these scum.”

The woman walks away, and leaves you behind. “Ya know,” Sarah says, “Even though you, like, killed Blanche and all…. I still kinda like you. See you on the flipside, kid.” The Masked One stays silent, and Looker’s music starts playing, announcing his appearance, alongside Noah and two other officers (Lucy Fleetfoot and Wes), who untie you, your rival, and The Masked One. Iblis takes note, and she and her crowd of Blueshirts flee Wheaton from the south.

Looker faces our heroes, and proceeds to speak: “Looks like you three had a rough day, hmm?” Sarah quickly butts in, “Heck yes! *takes a piece of gum out of her pocket, puts it in her mouth* We almost got killed by some psychotic bunch of hippies!” Looker looks around, “Seems so. We’ve been getting reports about these people for quite some time. We here at the International Police are trying to stop these people. PETP they call themselves, correct? *all three, including Noah, nod their heads* Alright, good. We’ll let you talk amongst yourselves. Keep safe, it’s dangerous out there with these kinds of people afoot.”

Looker, Wes, and Lucy all walk away, and Noah steps up. “It’s good to be back, isn’t it?” He says rather smoothly, adjusting his glasses and dusting off the dress coat on his chest. “Hey mom…. Or was it dad? Eh… I forget. Thanks for saving me from those crazies back there! They’ve taken over town! Did you see that mob? That was everyone here, momdad! There’s no one left here!” Noah then turns around to you and Sarah, “So… Those some kid you’re helping out? Seeing as how you’ve got your hands full, I’m assuming you could let me go around and help these two, eh?”

The Masked One rolls his/her eyes. “Sure.” He/She then walks off, and releases his/her Farfetch’D, which flies over to who-knows-where. Noah then walks up to the both of you. “So, what do you want?” Sarah says, extremely peeved. Noah adjusts his coat’s collar, and announces: “Double battle for the Music Badge!” Sarah then face palms, noting how cheesy Noah’s boasts sound.

But enough talk, let the battle begin!

------------------------------------------------

To be expanded.