MATURE: Pokémon: The Secrets of Fortree City - Page 2

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon: The Secrets of Fortree City

◓Gypsy Vanner Horse Kyuuketsuki's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokémon: The Secrets of Fortree City [R]

Quote Originally Posted by Zodiac View Post
    I think you meant a "rash" decision, not a "harsh" one.
    Fixed it. Thanks for correcting the mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Raikou View Post
    Great! But, dont you think crossing the ocean should be difficult? also.... why dont you make banners for your fics? every one should have one. Anyways Great!
    For the banners matter, it's because they don't matter to me that much, there was one but I had to remove it because I didn't know the source of the character.

Blog Entries
    Follow Shadow Raikou On Twitter Add Shadow Raikou on Google+
    Visit Shadow Raikou's Youtube Channel

ok. i did not get it, through. Write the new chapter!

They should make all quadruple Pokemon ride able along with Gogoat.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Raikou View Post
    ok. i did not get it, through. Write the new chapter!
    It's halfway done.

Blog Entries

Default Pokémon: The Secrets of Fortree City [R]

Chapter 3
    A NEW PATH

Aura opened her eyes. She was lying on the bed in the guest room of her grandparents’ house. The sheets were green, the walls of the room were light pink in color, almost white, and the lights were turned off. The only light in the room came from the sun outside.

She tilted her head slightly to the right. The white wooden door was there, confirming that she was in the guest room. She titled her head left, Absol was sleeping on the floor, and his fur seemed dry and clean, as well as groomed.

“You’re up,” Her grandmother entered the room. “I’ll go get you some food.”

Her grandmother, Nadia, left the room. Aura took the time to sit up and lean her back against the wall behind the bed, she tried to remember what happened before she passed out, by couldn’t. Her mother returned after a few minutes carrying a tray with a piece of her home cooked berry pie and some Miltank milk in a medium sized glass.

“Eat,” Nadia said. “You need the food.”

Aura started eating from the tray, which Nadia placed on the side of the bed, without any questions. She was too hungry to care about anything else. Slowly, her memory began to freshen up.

“You were sleeping,” Nadia said. “A few more hours and it would have been two days.”

Aura wasn’t surprised; she had swum the distance from Lilycove to Mossdeep without any energy. Had Absol not been there, she would’ve drowned.

“I saw the news,” Nadia continued, her voice was overcome with sadness. “They are trying to investigate what happened to your city.” Nadia took a long pause. “As I said, your mother had delayed her trip.”

Aura stopped eating; she now remembered clearly what her grandmother had told her.

“They recognized her,” Nadia said, almost bursting into tears. “They found her body amongst the ruins.”

Aura was silent. She had realized the loss of yet another parent. She placed the glass of milk back onto the tray, extended her arms towards her grandmother, who was sitting on the side of the bed, hugged her and started weeping in silence.

Absol woke up. He wasn’t nearly as much tired out as Aura was. He stared in silence at the pair cried in each other’s arms. As much as Absol cared for Katherine, he couldn’t cry for her. Absol had never cried for anyone before, not even Adrian.

Aura finally broke the embrace. She wiped away her tears, and leaned back onto the wall behind the bed. “Where is grandpa?” She said while still wiping away her tears.

“That is why your mother was coming here,” Nadia said. “His funeral was yesterday.”

Aura was shocked by the new. Her mother hid this information from her for no apparent reason. Although he was family, Aura was never close to any of her grandparents. Nadia and Galvin were her paternal grandparents, as well as her only living grandparents. The only family left for her now was Nadia.

“I’m sorry to hear that,” Aura said, she knew how much Galvin meant to Nadia. Their love was very unique and strong. “How did he die?”

“It was cancer,” Nadia said. “But let us change the subject now. They are broadcasting your face, and saying that you were found near the rubble, but ran away.”

“It was Absol,” Aura quickly explained. “He took me out of there. I don’t know why, but I trust his instincts.”

“That’s fair enough,” Nadia responded. “I suggest you take shelter in Shoal Cave. It will be hard for them to reach you there. The International Police are already searching Lilycove, and they will be here sooner or later.”

“What are they saying about me?” Aura asked.

“Just that you were there,” Nadia replied. “The didn’t mention anything else. It’s only a matter of time before they come knocking on my door.”

“When they do,” Aura said. “Tell them my name. I don’t want them to take you away from me. Act as if I was never here.” Aura took a long pause. “How will I get to Shoal Cave?”

“You can take your father’s boat,” Nadia said. “It’ still where he left it. Take it and go to Shoal Cave. When you think you’re safe, you can come back here.”

“No,” Aura said under her breath. “I will find out what happened to Fortree City and punish whoever is responsible. It couldn’t have been a natural disaster, Absol would’ve predicted it if it was.”

“Dear,” Nadia said. “That is a dangerous mission. Why don’t you just stay with me after the situation has calmed down.”

“Because I don’t want to hide every time the International Police are around. I will come back here eventually.”

Nadia was silent. Even though she wasn’t close to Aura, she knew that once she is determined on doing something, there is no stopping her. She simple smiled, wished good luck to Aura, and left the room.

Aura left the house after changing back into her normal clothes, which were cleaned by Nadia. Absol followed her while she headed for the boat, causing many civilians to stare at them, bewildered by the sight of the Pokémon. The city was very modernized and the grass there wasn’t nearly as tall as Fortree’s.

Aura and Absol were back at the beach. They circled around the island and found her father’s boat. It was not a very big or small boat. The wind was strong which will help Aura. As she wasn’t an expert on sailing, she couldn’t think of a way to manage the boat. At last she decided to use the emergency raft instead of relying on the entire boat.

Aura found Shoal Cave in no time, and managed to hide inside with Absol. The cave was almost empty, except for a few Pokémon that Aura managed to avoid. She stayed hidden in the cave for longer than she could remember. Nadia had given her some food to help her survive. She contemplated her next moves carefully. She could either start searching for clues by tracking down the International Police’s information, or search for clues herself in Fortree.

Aura knew that she needed the energy to travel back to Fortree, and instructed Absol to guard her while she slept. Absol’s only goal now was protecting Aura and help her throughout whatever she chooses to do.

Aura woke up a few hours into midnight, she attempted going back to Fortree and to start investigating there. She used the boat and started to get closer to Lilycove City, on the way back to Fortree City.
    Last edited by Kyuuketsuki; 1st December 2010 at 05:25 PM.

Feeling of being watched 99unownoak's Avatar

That was good. Your keeping the story interesting and maintaining the plot nicely. There are some petty spelling errors in the piece and I think you would benefit from further proof reading. The fic's going great so far and I'll look out for the next chapter:)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 999remew View Post
    That was good. Your keeping the story interesting and maintaining the plot nicely. There are some petty spelling errors in the piece and I think you would benefit from further proof reading. The fic's going great so far and I'll look out for the next chapter:)
    Thanks. That is one of my major problems, I don't proof read. And I'm glad you liked this chapter, I honestly thought it was very lacking in terms of plot and predicted it to get a lot of negative feedback.

Blog Entries

when will the next chapter come???

I! AM NOT! A MORON! Sith Droideka's Avatar

Especially in WaterWorld AKA Hoenn?

And when will Fortree's fate be explained? (not meaning to be impatient, but I want to know if it will be explained)
    ALL Pokémon Are EQUAL, But SOME Pokémon Are MORE EQUAL Than Others

Oceania is at war with Eurasia Eastasia Eurasia Eastasia, and has always been at war with them!

WAR IS PEACE. FREEDOM IS SLAVERY. IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH. GOD IS POWER.

Next PolySci/Econ Test: November 8, 2016; Your crash-course will begin January 2013.

Galvantula ≥ Kyurem > Mewtwo > Arceus

Blog Entries

I have not started writing the fourth chapter yet, I've been swamped with my assignments and exams, as soon as I finish these responsibilities I will be active back at the forum.

But nonetheless, thank you so much for the support guys.

Blog Entries

Chapter 4
    THE SECRET ENEMY

A week has passed since Aura left Shoal Cave. She had to try her best to avoid being spotted by the International Police. She finally managed to go through the security around Fortree unnoticed and was standing amongst the ruins of the city. The fallen trees managed to cover her while she rummaged the ruins for clues. All the bodies were removed but the area was still covered in crimson red blood and she occasionally encountered a finger or a piece of flesh.

She was searching through the ruins of the Fortree Gym when she found a staircase leading underground. She chose her footings carefully as she descended through the spiral staircase. After climbing down for a few minutes, followed by Absol, she finally reached an underground cave.

The cave was silent. No sounds were heard and it was clearly untouched by the International Police. Aura and Absol progressed through the cave slowly. There were a few dim lit lambs, which indicated human presence. As she progressed further into the cave, she started hearing the voices of people speaking and they slowly increased in volume.

The cave itself started widening as she progressed. The walls grew further apart and started taking more of a wall like shape, until she was standing in the middle of an underground white dome. The center of the roof had a hole in it, which led to darkness.

A humming sound started from behind Aura. She turned around to see a blue phoenix-like Pokémon with cloud-like wings surrounding his body. The Pokémon’s singing rose louder and soon a door positioned behind the Pokémon opened to reveal a trainer.

The female trainer stood tall with a helmet covering a small part of her long lavender hair. Her outfit was blue and white with a few yellow parts. Aura immediately recognized her as Winona, the Gym Leader in Fortree City.

“What are you doing here?” Winona asked. Her tone was threatening and she seemed to be ready to attack.

“You’re Winona,” Aura stated. “What is this place? What happened to the city?”

“Altaria,” Winona said. “Prepare yourself.” She then seemed to shift her weight. “What are you doing here? This is the last time I’ll ask.”

“What’s going on?” Aura said, and Absol jumped in front of her ready to defend her from Altaria.

“Sky Attack!” Winona shouted. Altaria’s body became surrounded in red flames and it flew towards Absol with surprising speed. The attack managed to effectively throw Absol away towards the wall.

“Who are you?” Winona’s voice was even more threatening. A few people appeared behind her, including some dressed in the International Police uniform.

Before Aura could react, Absol swooped her off of her feet and ran towards the cave they came from. Absol took turns that they had not taken before, and they were soon lost in the darkness of the caves.

“Why did you do that?” Aura said after sitting down. Her eyes had adjusted to the very dim lighting. “I could have learned something!”

Absol just stared at her and with his head movement, invited her to follow him. Aura walked behind him, feeling her way by touching the walls of the cave. They walked for what seemed like hours before reaching a small chamber full of documents.

Aura picked up a document that interested her. She opened it and read through it quickly. What she found out shocked her and she couldn’t believe the lie that the entire Pokémon world was in. She shut the document and threw it away, picked up another one and started reading.

During the entire time, Absol had been searching for an exit. After finally finding one, he nudged Aura’s leg. She dropped the document in her hand and followed Absol. They went through another cave and were eventually outside the series of caves, looking at the ruins of Fortree from afar.

Aura had no idea where to go from here. Nowhere was safe, she could trust no one, and she is wanted by the International Police. All she could think of is her grandmother. She had to tell her everything she found out.

Although the trip back was harder than before, due to the extensive security that the International Police had placed all over the region, Aura managed to go back to Mossdeep City. A week had passed, and the pair found it really hard to reach Mossdeep. Aura found it odd that there were no members of the International Police on the island.

She knocked on her grandmother’s door, and was let in after a few seconds. After having something to eat and a quick rest, she started telling her grandmother what she found out.

“We can’t trust the International Police,” Aura started. “We can’t trust anyone.”

“Calm down,” Nadia said as she rested her hand on Aura’s shoulder. “What did you find out?”

“I found a staircase that led me underground,” Aura said. “Winona attacked me and Absol rescued me. He took me to another cave that led me to a secret chamber.” Nadia found it hard to comprehend what Aura was saying, although she understood the general image.

“Inside,” Aura stopped to catch her breath. “I found some documents in there. Winona is the one that destroyed Fortree City, and the International Police knew it and ignored it. I started reading another document, but I had to leave when Absol found an exit.”

“Are you sure of what you’re saying?”

“Yes,” Aura said. “It was documented!”

“Why would they document their own schemes? Maybe someone faked them to incriminate Winona and the International Police.”

“Why would they fake documents then hide them? They destroyed Fortree.”

“Do you know why?” Nadia said, still not believing what her granddaughter is saying.

“No,” Aura said. “But I will find out even if it I have to travel the entire region.”

Aura’s mind was set, and Nadia could do nothing about that. “Why don’t you stay here for a while,” She said. “Then you can do whatever you want.” Nadia hoped to change Aura’s mind in that period, even though she knew it was impossible.

Blog Entries

Chapter 5
    AGAINST ALL ODDS

Aura turned on the television to see if the International Police have any idea where she is. She was surprised to see an interview in Lilycove City with the person who called Absol a sign of bad luck.

“She passed through here with an Absol!” She was screaming like a maniac. “She had an Absol! A sign of disaster!”

“Ma’am,” The interviewer, dressed in a formal blue suit, said. “Can you please calm down? This information may be very helpful in the search for the convict.”

The interview was taking place at the beach. There was no wind to obstruct the noise, and the female was moving around frantically, waving her arms around. The interviewer positioned himself so that the city was behind him, and the cameraman followed and soon the female was out of the frame.

“Unfortunately,” He said. “We cannot gather any more information from this individual.” Before he could say his next sentence, there was a booming sound.

The female jumped in front of the camera and started shouting frantically. “We’re doomed!” She pushed the interviewer away from her and started running towards the town. This was immediately followed by a ray of light crashing down onto the city and exploding in the same manner that destroyed Fortree. The cameraman fell over and the broadcast ended with a scrambled screen.

The broadcast was clearly live and Aura had just witnessed another incident. There was a knock on the door, Aura turned her head to see Winona at the door, and she had taken the liberty to enter the house.

“I was hoping you would see that,” She said. “You’re going to have to come with me.”

“You just killed an entire city!” Aura shouted, and Absol soon showed up. “Why would I go anywhere with you?!”

“Why don’t we just go outside?” Winona said. “You don’t want to wake your grandmother up, do you?”

Aura took that as a threat, and fearing for her grandmother’s life, she followed Winona out of the house. Behind Winona stood a dozen or so trainers. Aura found a few faces similar but couldn’t remember where she saw them.

“Why did you destroy Lilycove City?” Aura said. Absol was still in front of her.

“There is no place for you now,” Winona said. “All of Hoenn knows that you passed through that city and now it’s destroyed. They also know that you are from Fortree, which is destroyed. There were no members of the International Police here because we knew you were here. We wanted you to be incriminated.”

“Why?” Aura said, her voice filling up with rage. “What did I do?”

“You read the documents,” Winona said. “Which is why we destroyed Lilycove. Your only solution is to come with us or face all Hoenn. Fortree had nothing to do with you, we didn’t know you even existed.”

A couple of henchmen grabbed her arms and led her towards Winona despite her struggle. Absol was held in it’s place by a Metagross that seemingly appeared out of nowhere and subsequently dragged behind Aura.

Aura and Absol were turned so that they could see Nadia’s house, which exploded right in front of their eyes and went up in flames. Aura’s shouting was in vain, Absol’s struggle was useless, Nadia burned alive inside the house and they couldn’t have done anything about it.

Winona and everyone but members of the International Police fled the scene and cameras were soon there to document Aura’s capture by the International Police after she killed her own grandmother. That was the story fed to the entire region of Hoenn, and Aura quickly became the most dangerous person in Hoenn.

Nadia was confirmed dead the next day, as well as everyone who was in Lilycove on the day in which the city was destroyed. Aura was chained in an underground prison connected to the series of caves underneath Fortree. Absol was nowhere near her, and she had no idea if he was dead or alive. It was clear that Winona wanted Aura dead, and she locked her up to die of starvation.

The room was dark but Aura’s eyes eventually adjusted to her environment. There were a couple of gemstones attached to the wall in front of her. Aura wondered why Winona would place treasures in front of her while she was slowly dying.

It took Aura a while to realize that the gemstones were not attached to the wall, but to the body of a humanoid Pokémon with purple body. The Pokémon approached her and uttered his own name, “Sableye.”

“Hi there,” Aura said with a gentle voice. “Is this your home?”

The Sableye tilted his own head to the right, adjusted it back and nodded. Aura wondered how she could use Sableye to find the key to her chains. Then she noticed that Sableye was staring at the chains and looking at them with a confused look.

“Can you help me get out of here?”

The Sableye pointed at the chains and looked at Aura questionably.

“Yeah, these are-“

The Sableye settled for “Yeah” and started munching at the chains, apparently eating them. Aura knew that a Pokémon’s diet changes with the species, it was plain luck that a Pokémon whose diet consists of metal was near her. The Sableye didn’t seem to like the meal, and he looked at Aura then pointed at his eyes.

“Gems?” Aura said as she removed her hands from the remains of the chain. Sableye nodded and stuck out his tongue. “Do you eat gems?” Sableye nodded. “I guess you settled for metal because you were starving. I don’t have any gems on me now, but thank you for freeing me. I have to go find Absol.”

Sableye grabbed her hand and dragged her behind him. “Do you know where Absol is?” Sableye nodded and smiled at Aura. His smile was very friendly and Aura suddenly felt comfortable.

As they walked, Sableye would sometimes stop and dig into a wall, extract a gem and eat it. Aura would help him whenever she could, as she didn’t want to lose the Sableye’s friendship. They eventually reached a room where Absol was lying on the ground. Although he wasn’t bleeding, his fur was covered with his own dried blood.

Absol smiled at Aura and got up, he then nodded at Sableye, giving Aura the hint that Sableye was sent by Absol. “Are you okay?” Aura said as Absol seemed to have a problem walking. “Let’s rest for a while.”

Aura and Absol stayed in the cave for a few hours. Aura cleaned Absol’s fur while Sableye seemingly went away.

“We’ll get put of here as soon as we rest up and are able to walk.” Aura said as she finished cleaning Absol’s fur. She used pointed rocks to comb Absol’s fur and managed to remove small portions of the bloodstains. “When we do, I’ll kill Winona.”

Feeling of being watched 99unownoak's Avatar

Lol; "Nadia burned alive inside the house". I like how the plot's getting darker with aspects like death, blood and revenge.

Proof read!

Blog Entries

Gosh. Well i wanted sableye to become aura's second poke.

Blog Entries

Thanks for the support guys :)

Blog Entries

Follow gallowsCalibrator on Tumblr

Awesome! This story is coming along quite nicely. I wasnt expecting Lilycove to blow up...it was a nice shock.
    That stupid Hex Maniac deserves it for not liking Absol. :P

Cant wait to see whats next. Does Aura get any more Pokemon?

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast