Phantom (non-fandom)

Thread: Phantom (non-fandom)

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Phantom (non-fandom)

I slip past the gates, heading toward the door. There's no real reason to sneak around, but I'm so used to it I can't help but do so.

I mean, it's not like anyone's going to be here. This place was abandoned years ago.

But when I open the door, I know I spoke too soon.

The entry hall is covered in dust, and I can see footprints across it. Made in the past few hours, too, and it's possible that whoever made them is still here.

Cautiously, I look around. There it is, right there, the object I came for.

But now I can't move. Someone could be watching me, and it may very well be the guy who owned this in the first place.

I go over the situation in my mind. He was declared dead six months ago, but they never found a body, so he could conceivibly still be alive. It seems unlikely, given how high-profile he was, but his money could have bought people to hide him, and a place to stay. This house was long considered abandoned, but it's remained up, not to be sold or demolished.

It's rather unnerving, going through here. There's like a ghost around, in every phantom footstep. It feels like someone's following me as I approach the treasure. It had nothing to do with him personally, it was just a painting he happened to own. But it feels like he's everywhere.

Bah, when I came in, nothing bothered me. Just some footprints across the floor. That only means that *someone* was here, not necessarily him...

Now I see something moving out of the corner of my eye...

The ending's kinda creepy.
    Your Service,
    Ket Makura

Any one emotion,
    Any true devotion,
    Anytime, anywhere.

Scaring people with my avatar since 2003.

Twisted Every Way

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well yeah.