Minako's Memoirs (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Thread: Minako's Memoirs (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Default Minako's Memoirs (Yu Yu Hakusho)

As with my other YYH fic, this was just written on a whim, even though I know I've undertaken far too many projects. But it just wouldn't leave me alooooooone! *whine whine*

Anywho, it's a story about a girl, Minako Jones, who's parents - a British father and a Japanese mother - get divorced. Minako's mother gets full custody of the children, sixteen-year-old Hiroyuki, fifteen-year-old Minako, and seven-year-old Sammi. Abruptly, she decides to move them all back to Japan, where they had lived until Minako was four. Of course, Minako is very unhappy about this, so she begins to keep 'memoirs'. At the end of the chapter, as you'll see, she finds out that she is to go to Meiou High next year, the same place as Kurama, which is where Yu Yu Hakusho figures into this :p. Not sure if it'll be romance or not, depends on where exactly it goes.

Disclaimer: Me? Own YYH? Er…you ARE kidding, aren’t you? Kidding or insane? Yes, of course.

June 7th
    7:30 AM
    Airplane

Well that’s it then. My life has officially gone down the loo. Why, you ask? Well, here’s the gist of it in four simple statements:

1. My mother has decided to move my older brother, my younger sister, and me to Japan because she wants us to ‘get in touch with our roots’. Psh. Liar.

2. My parents have just divorced because good ol’ dad went and cheated on mum with a secretary at his company called ‘Emmaline’, which so thoroughly like something out of a sappy daytime drama that I don’t want to think about it anymore.

3. I know about as much Japanese as a Japanese two-year-old.

4. Until we get enough pounds…no, wait… ‘Yen’ to buy a house of our own, we have to live with mum’s deranged cousins that have a son two years older than me who gave me very, very WRONG looks when they visited us in merry old England (How I miss ye already!) last year.

Oh joy, my seven-year-old sister, Sammi, just informed me – in Japanese – that she has to go to the bathroom. Of course, I didn’t know that was what she said until mum told me. Now she’s getting very shirty with me for not studying up on ‘Nihongo’ like I’m supposed to. Honestly, just because I don’t care to learn the language of my new prison, that makes me ‘uncooperative’ and ‘difficult’?

Wonderful, she’s attracting the stares of our curious fellow passengers.

I may just die before we arrive.

That’d be nice.

June 7th
    10:00 AM
    Some Airport in Japan

Kill me now. People around me babbling in Japo-speak, no hint of English anywhere…AGH! Dear Lord, what did I do to make you hate me so?! WHAT?! I was a (fairly) good daughter, a good student, a good friend, and a fantabulous person overall, if I do say so myself.

My opinion is NOT biased in any way, let me assure you.

Right.

Well, anyway, we’re here in the terminal waiting for our luggage, being surrounded by twenty bazillion black-haired, brown-eyed short people! And they say that there’s never been a successful human cloning attempt…

Wait.

Have come to the realization that MUM is, in fact, a black-haired, brown-eyed short person.

Wow.

Not me, though. I am black-haired and short, but I have BLUE eyes! Take that, clones! HA!

Er…yeah. Disregard that last part, please. I had to drown my sorrows in caffeine on the plane ride, and obviously cannot be expected to think normally under such an influence.

Hold on, my brother, Hiroyuki, is coming over.

June 7th
    10:05 AM
    Same Airport

Stupid older brothers. Nosy, loud, annoying…does he have ANY redeeming qualities? I think not. Why are people like him allowed to live? Why does no one have the sense to squash them as they’d squash something equally purposeless, say, a mosquito?

June 7th
    10:10 AM
    Still the Same Airport

Is this just ‘Be An Overbearing, Nosy Prat’ day or something? Mum saw what I wrote in the last entry, and began admonishing me about what I said about Hiroyuki. There is just NO privacy anymore! And sympathy is definitely gone. You’d think she’d feel just a teensy bit bad about uprooting her fifteen-year-old daughter from all that she knew to go to Sushi A-Go-Go Land, but NO!

Ah, here’s the luggage. Not a moment too soon either – I need to punch a pillow or something.

June 8th
    9:00 AM
    Some Obscure Motel of Japo-speaking

Fortunately for me, we couldn’t get to mum’s cousins’ house yesterday – bad weather. One more day to prepare for my sick relative. I think his name is Susumu. Or something. Oh well, who really gives a flip?

June 8th
    9:02 AM
    Same Motel

Apparently mum does.

And his name really IS Susumu. It means ‘advancement’. Oh, he makes ‘advancements’ all right, but not the kind she’s thinking of.

June 8th
    11:00 PM
    Mum’s Cousins’ House

What a day! We reached the cousins’ house about 1:00 PM, and were, greeted at the door by Susumu’s darling thirteen-year-old sister, Leiko.

Brat.

She greeted mum in, what I’m assuming, was very polite, lovely Japo-speak, because mum simply beamed. Then she turned to me.

“Minako-chan desu ka?” she asked.

I had no effing clue how to respond to this, but I just settled for a nice, safe “Hai”, which I know for a fact means ‘yes’. Unfortunately, I must have looked clueless or something, because mum turned to Leiko and the two of them nattered in Japo-speak for a moment, and Leiko faced me again.

“You do not…speak much Japanese?” she said, apparently struggling with her English.

“Er…no, I don’t,” I said, turning a bit red, much to my dislike.

“I see…” she waited until mum had gone inside, then took me by my cardigan, and whispered quite malevolently, “You not so big, are you? Do not take over my house! You nothing more than a…a…parasite while you here! Understand, Gaijin?”

Frightened by this little girl’s physical strength, and probable ability to smack me into next week, I just nodded and smiled.

I still don’t know what a ‘Gaijin’ is.

June 9th
    2:00 AM
    Cousins’ House

Mum had a go at me for staying up too late to write in my ‘hateful journal’. It is NOT a journal! These are MEMOIRS, and one day they will be PUBLISHED! Then you’ll be sorry!

I want so badly to say that to her face.

Continuing on with what happened earlier…

Well, after Leiko the Evil Child of Darkness released me, I walked right into none other than our favorite practitioner of incest, Susumu! And guess what? He just ‘happened’ to be walking with his hands in front of him, and they just ‘happened’ to touch my basoomers.

Amazingly coincidental, don’t you agree?

I wanted to scream “SEXUAL HARASSMENT!”, but I bit my lip, because no doubt mum would never believe the word of her reliable daughter. No, she’d believe the 1st cousin once removed who she’s only meeting for the second time.

Of course. Doesn’t that make sense to you? I thought so.

Right. After this disturbing incident (which entirely assured me that nothing too pleasant was to come in my future encounters with Susumu), mum’s cousin and her husband came in, and were smiling at me a bit too exaggeratedly to be believable.

Oh well, they’re better than their kids, at least. Not that that’s hard.

Sammi and I were shown the room in which we’d be staying. Cramped, but it’s better than having to share a room with Leiko, which apparently would have happened if they hadn’t decided to knock down a wall and add another room last fall.

Thank God for that particular event.

Hiroyuki has to stay in the same room as Susumu! HA!

June 9th
    7:45 AM
    Cousins’ House

SO TIRED.

Mum dragged me up because apparently she has arranged for me to get a tour around my new school today. I won’t actually *go* until the beginning of the next school year, of course, because that would just be pointless. However, she seems to think that I’m going to remember everything I learn today for some reason.

Parents can be terribly irrational.

Anyway, the place is called ‘Meiou’, I think. It’s apparently VERY prestigious.

And she thinks I care because…?

Gosh, when you said Minako was whiny, I didn't think you meant THIS whiny! So mean, too!

Okay, just a couple things:
    “Minako-chan desu ka?” she asked.
    I don't think a person meeting another for the first time qould use "chan," especially with an older person. Probably "san."

practitioner of incest
    AAAAAAAH! *runs and hides under Trainer-c's bed* *sees Karasu* *runs into Susumu* :bawling:

Erm, anyhow....I'd really like to see what thos story develops in to! I think it has a lot of potential!

It was Columbus instead.

Yes, she is terribly whiny, isn't she? Oh well, I guess that's why there's such a thing as 'character development', and if anyone can get her to change without beating her six ways to Sunday with a 2x4, it's Kurama. Not necessarily by romance, though - at the point I've gotten to in planning this, it's a platonic friendship.

Sorry about my Japanese honorifics...they plague me so! AAAGH!

I take it you don't like Susumu; neither do I. Mina does something later on that gets him off her tail, but I'm not spoiling the surprise (if anyone is still around to stand her by that point, though hopefully she'll be less negative by then)!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hitchi
    AAAAAAAH! *runs and hides under Trainer-c's bed* *sees Karasu* *runs into Susumu* :bawling:
    *Blinks* Whats going on? *Looks under my bed* Karasu!? x.x; I need to clean under my bed more often. *Points Karasu to the nearest Pizza Hut* Go get more Rainbow bras or something. and stick with Kurama stalking.

Now, for the Review I have been roped into. *Curses Karasu's name*

Minako Is starting out as a pretty big whiner, Yay, character development.
    I like the way you show the time and date. And I like the range of personalitys in the secondary human characters.

Anyways, its a good story so far.
    I still can’t believe my dragons lost to you, Red! You’re now the Pokémon League champion! …Or, you would have been, but you have one more challenge ahead. You have to face another Trainer! His name is… Blue! He beat the Elite Four before you. He is the real Pokémon League champion! -Lance

Thanks for the reviews, guys! Anywho, chapter two! You have no idea how fun this was to write...^^.

Disclaimer: All I own is Minako-the-whiny and her immensely screwed up family. Anything else is property of Yu Yu Hakusho’s wonderful creator.

June 9th
    8:00 AM
    Cousins’ House

Mum’s harping to me about my hair.

“It looks like you dragged it through a grease pit! When was the last time you washed it?! You aren’t going to make a good impression like THAT! GET INTO THE BATHROOM AND TAKE A SHOWER NOW!”

For her information, I washed it yesterday. I blame my father for giving me the Greasy Hair Genes of Doom.

Better get to that shower before she spazzes herself into a coma, or has a nervy b.

June 9th
    8:45 AM
    Really Junky Car

Yes, I’m going to make SUCH a good impression with knotted, tangled hair as opposed to hair that makes Professor Snape from Harry Potter look wonderful by comparis - er...slightly greasy hair.

Mum’s logic, not mine. Honestly, she makes very little sense these days. Actually, come to think of it, she hasn’t made sense once since I hit puberty.

Oh well. I suppose she’s realizing that soon Hiroyuki and I will both be grown, Sammi will be approaching teen-hood, and she’ll actually have to get a life. After seventeen years (and counting) playing mum, this must be a frightening concept.

Deal with it, woman.

June 9th
    9:00 AM
    Meiou School for the Irreparably Nerdy

Why?

I find myself asking that question scarily often as of late.

This school will suck – really. I hate the uniforms, I hate all the teachers I’ve seen, I hate the building layout, I hate the classes, and I hate my prospective peers.

Ok, so when it comes to the lattermost of those, I haven’t actually spoken to any of them, but they’ll all be Super Swots, I know it. Study, study, study. I bet they don’t have parties. I bet they don’t have lives. I bet they don’t have friends. ALL THEY FRICKIN’ DO IS STUDY!

Fine, I have no conclusive evidence for this, but if they go to the uber-smart school of their own free will, I think it’ll prove true. The closest they will ever get to having friends or parties is probably the study group they’ll have in the nights preceding final exams.

Whoop-de-do.

Anyway, this guy – who I presume to be the headmaster, or whatever the Japanese equivalent is – is talking his lovely little ‘Nihongo’ at me again, and mum is giving me a very dirty look for not even attempting to make sense of this gibberish.

June 9th
    9:30 AM
    Meiou

Mr. Headmaster has introduced me to Meiou’s ‘model student’. Some girl named Shuichi.

Ugly girl, too. No curves, no basoomers, no nothing. If it weren’t for the hair, I’d think she was a man.

This makes me feel better about myself, actually. Before we left for Japan, I was lamenting about how all my friends were getting much more curvaceous than I. But standing next to Ms. Shuichi, I felt superior indeed.

I LAUGH AT YOU, SHUICHI!

HA!
    HA!
    HA!

June 9th
    9:40 AM
    Meiou

Lord help me. This school is crawling with lesbians. When Shuichi walked into her biology class, a group of girls near the back of the room giggled, blushed, and started pointing at her, smiling very lustily all the while.

If they think SHE’S attractive, how will they react to me?

Perhaps they are very backward in Japan and think Ugly = Attractive?

June 9th
    9:41 AM
    Meiou

That must be it.

June 9th
    10:00 AM
    Meiou

Bugger it. I’ve gotten lost.

June 9th
    10:30 AM
    Meiou

Still lost.

June 9th
    11:00 AM
    Meiou, the Evil, Twisted, Maze of a School

Still. Have. Not. Found. Mum. Or. Headmaster.

This door looks safe. I think it might be a bathroom. As long as it can’t get me more lost, I think I’ll go in and have a good cry.

June 9th
    1:05 PM
    Meiou

Oh God.

Oh God.

Oh God.

OH MERCIFUL LORD!!!!

Er…well, it appears I was mistaken on something I said earlier.

Shuichi is a guy.

Very much a guy, at that.

This is so embarrassing. I can’t write right now.

June 9th
    1:06 AM
    Meiou

I suppose you want to know what happened, do you?

Well that’s too bad.

Wait… ‘you’ are a non-living entity. ‘You’ are nothing more than a cheap notebook that my father got me on a business trip to America.

I remember how he tried to make out that it was some wonderful, expensive gift.

Then I looked on the back and found a sticker that said ‘Dollar Store’.

June 9th
    4:00 PM
    Cousins’ House

Have come to the conclusion that the only way to get past my painful, painful experience is to recount it, look it in the eye, and through doing so, heal.

I don’t know how it’s supposed to help, but this magazine I brought with me from home says that it will.

Right…so where to start?

Well, I suppose we could start with how I separated myself from mum and the headmaster. You see, everyone was filing out into the hallways to get to their next classes, and I couldn’t stand what a geeky moron I’d look like trailing behind them – even if the only people who would witness it were drippy losers – so I oh-so-casually let them walk about fifteen steps ahead of me, and started slouching, letting a disinterested expression come upon my face.

However, I severely underestimated just how many people would be milling about, and lost sight of mum and the headmaster.

Insert quite a long time of me meandering around the school with wide, glassy eyes. No one noticed the poor little girl looking about fearfully. No one. I guess their heads and arses are too far up those books they carry around to notice anything else (Laugh, damn you, laugh).

After a while, I came to what I assumed was a bathroom.

Oh no…oh God no, I just cannot continue.

June 9th
    4:10 PM
    Cousins’ House

Deep breaths, Minako. DEEP. HEALING. BREATHS.

………………………………………..

Ok, no more stalling. Here goes.

Well, it wasn’t a bathroom.

It was…

a boys’ changing room.

Yes, a boys’ changing room.

And guess who happened to be in the process of putting on his boxers (After showering, I presume) at that very moment?

As I said before, Shuichi IS male. No question there.

I guess I’m just lucky all the other blokes had finished changing or something; I was mortified enough as it was.

Now really, I’m very keen to read about awkward situations like these, or see them on TV, but somehow, when it’s happening to you, it isn’t half as funny.

Shuichi’s eyes went very, very wide, and I imagine that mine must have looked much the same.

Promptly, I screamed, “BLOODY EFFING HELL!” and dashed back out through the door. Right outside of it, I put my back to the wall, slid down it, and vigorously rubbed at my eyes.

Lord, the image of Shuichi in the nuddy-pants is coming back.

NAAARGH!

For some reason, I just…SAT out there forever, sobbing because I was lost, and scared, and I just saw the guy I’d thought was a girl in his birthday suit…it was all very tragic.

For another reason, which I can’t fathom for the life of me, when Shuichi walked out of the changing room, he did not smack me, or run, or anything like that. I think maybe he feels sorry for people who are feeling so hopeless that they are reduced to weeping outside of boys’ changing rooms.

Anyway, he just sort of put his hand on my shoulder, and asked, in the best English I’d heard all day, “Are you lost?”

“Y – yeah,” I managed, sniffling loudly to stop the flow of snot that was currently leaking from my nose.

I know. Attractive, isn’t it?

“I’ll take you to the principal’s office,” he said. It took me a moment to realize that by ‘principal’, he was referring to the headmaster.

Nodding, I stood up and let him guide me there. In the back of my head I was suspiciously thinking that possibly he was actually going to lead me to some deserted area and beat me up, but it wasn’t like I had anything better to do.

My mum was in the office, going hysterical, of course. I could hear her moaning about her poor baby from outside, but the moment I walked in with Shuichi, she started screeching at me.

Like it was MY fault I’d gotten lost? Bajeezus.

Anyway, much yelling at me, and much gratitude towards Shuichi ensued, but I can’t be arsed to write it all down.

Mum wouldn’t speak to me the whole way home, and she still isn’t. I don’t know why she thinks this is any big loss.

TRF-chan, you have scarred me for life. *leaves*

*smacks into a door*
    Okay okay, I'll review....
    As you know, I was scrolling though this a couple nights ago to see if I had time to read it before I go. All I read where the sentences. "OH MERCIFUL LORD! Shuichi is a guy." and I was lmao. But reading it this time....I am all caught up in serious mode. I really feel sorry for Minako right about now.... but Kurama is so nice. ^.^ If I didn't mention this before, I think you do a good job of keeping the personalities of already existing characters the way they're intended. *nods*
    *leaves*
    *smacks into a wall next to an open door*
    Why....

It was Columbus instead.