The Memoirs of Giovanni diRocketti (PG-13 for mild language and mild sexual content)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Memoirs of Giovanni diRocketti (PG-13 for mild language and mild sexual content)

Jellybaby for your brain! Mew2Too's Avatar

Default The Memoirs of Giovanni diRocketti (PG-13 for mild language and mild sexual content)

The Memoirs of Giovanni diRocketti : A DiamondShippy Fanfic

by Chris Brockner

Foreword by Chris Brockner

Foreword

I didn't always believe that people wanted a good foreword. I didn't always think that people wanted to know, "God, where does he think up this great stuff," or, "God! What was he smoking when he wrote this?"

The truth is, people do want to know what you were smokin', and I was smokin' love, baby! I was smokin' love!

When Revolutionary Girl, a friend of mine on the BMGf shippers forums, suggested I should do a shippy fic, I winced. I have never done anything but a series of stories called "JTC." They are stories about the true origins of Pokemon life and how those origins and the people involved in them affect the future.

So how does one start writing about the lurid details of Giovanni and Deliah's "true" relationship after writing deep philosphy on Pokemon origins?

I started at the very beginning- isn't that good place to start? I began by thinking, "Why would Giovanni or Deliah want to tell this story, and to who?" I thought that Giovanni might do so to keep a history for Team Rocket. But, why? Well, maybe he wants it to be read by someone. Why? Maybe he's afraid that they'll be forgotten. Why? I believe Mewtwo put it best. He said something to the effect of, "Without a past, one can never have a future."

Giovanni is passing along history from one generation to the next in this story. I hope I have managed to convey his motives for everything he does in this story. If I have failed in that right- give me a break! I'm new to all this! Who do I look like- Stephen King?

So, now it's time to move on to the "shippy" questions. Ask ten different people what "shipping" means, you'll get ten different answers. "It means they'll all get on a starship one day and celebrate their love among the stars." "It means you're worshipping the fact that they're in love!" "What to hell is 'shipping?'"

Well, I got the inside information on that. "Shipping" refers to "relationshipping." You're, in effect, pairing up your favorite characters from just about any show and putting them in a romantic relationship. In the instance I am writing, it happens to be Pokemon. In Pokemon, there are happy ships, weird ships, sick ships, and this happens to be a sad ship.

I'm not the type that would presume to make this a happy tale. Obviously, Giovanni and Deliah's relationship ended some time ago, or Ash might be the next aspiring Rocket righ now instead of an anime hero. So, be warned, this is a sort of angst fic. It will end with a large revelation on Giovanni's character, but it won't end with all things back to right again. Although we have the ability to make our current circumstances better, we can't always make our old circumstances right again.

I know I promised that I'd keep out of the "JTC" universe completely, but I found that impossible. I feel that I have sculpted such a masterful universe in JTC, I'd be a fool not to use it! ^^; There are certain references to events and characters from the "Pokemon JTC" universe, so don't be surprised if you get to a part where you don't know who to hell I'm talking about.

So, with that, I thin I'm just about finished with this foreword. I hope you enjoy reading this. I have pretty much enjoyed writing it! :)

Section 01 : THE LAST TESTAMENT OF GIOVANNI diROCKETTI

My name is Giovanni diRocketti. It is doubtful that you have ever heard that name before. It is well that you shouldn't have. I am the leader of Team Rocket. The reason you are reading this document -- my personal memoirs -- is that I am either incapacitated or you are reading in the event of my untimely death.

I have little doubt who you are. Congratulations on your promotion, Jessie and James! Although it is unexpected, I am almost certain that you will make fine leaders of Team Rocket. Why I have selected you should go without question. Although you have failed me more often than most team members, you are also blindly loyal.

During the overthrow of Madame Boss in 2002 -- with the help of Chris Brockner, and Mewtwo, of course -- I can actually say that there are no finer members I would have cared to fight beside. You showed great courage, and showed skills of high leadership ability.

(Jessie, I suggest that you avert James' eyes now. I want to mention that you will be the brains of the operation. You may find that it behooves you to employ executive advice from that Meowth of yours. You may scroll away from this part of the document and bring James back into reading.)

My top agent, Domino, will become your field agent. Use her as a tool to get the dirty work done. She was not trained for executive work. She is a soldier- nothing more!

You may wonder why I am forgiving you of your mistakes and giving you such high position in the organization. You have failed many times to capture a single Pikachu. I believe I owe you some explanation. I will try to keep it as brief as possible, yet that may be difficult.

The true reason that you failed to capture a single Pikachu did not dawn on me until you mentioned the name of its trainer. The name Ash Ketchum should not ring familiar to you, nor should you find it synonymous with my name -- yet! As fortune would have it, there is a far more complex reason that Ash Ketchum has managed to outfoil you. I would expect no less from any son of mine!

Please, I beseech you, take some time to read this. I know my thoughts up until this point have been a tad quick and disorganized. There is a reason for that. I must tell you this tale, lest it be forgotten. It cannot be forgotten! Perhaps, one day, you will convey it to my son. I would not expect you to do so in whole. It is a rather sultry tale.

All I wish you to do is to tell him that he has made his father proud! I know that you think it is impossible for "the Boss" to be so frivelous with his feelings as to cry. However, this would be the point at which- were I any other man- would be doing so. So, please, it is urgent that Ash someday discover the truth about his father! You don't have to do it right now, only when you feel the time is right. In the meantime, I expect you to cease pursuit of him or any of his Pokemon. Instead, I wish for you to keep on eye on the lad. Be certain that he does not fall into any great danger. Have Domino assist you, if you must.

Now, let us proceed to business. Before I begin, I would like to bring Mewtwo to attention. About a year ago, he wiped my memory of him clean. Without the help of Madame Boss, I would never have recovered this memory. However, Mewtwo is from here onward to remain forgotten by Team Rocket. After the incident with Hiakiu, it has become clear to me that he and Chris Brockner have some greater purpose to fulfill. They are our protectors now, and they are to remain unharmed and unbothered! DO NOT ATTEMPT TO RECAPTURE MEWTWO!

Now, that has brought me fullcircle to the other individual that is to remain untouched by the arm of Team Rocket. Allow me to begin with a young lady known as Deliah Ketchum. She was a woman with whom I was very much in love! This is our story...

Please wait. Team Rocket system error. Retrieving data. Recovering data.

Next Section : THE BEGINNING OF LOVE

Approximate Load Time : 24 Hours
    Last edited by Mew2Too; 8th January 2003 at 03:10 PM.
    What kind of Pokemon am I?

Manga Sam Fangirl Revolutionary Girl's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Eeep! Diamondshipping! Leetness!

Hey, I LIKE forewords! :D It's fun to hear how the heck the author came up with the idea in the first place. And the explanations of shipping were just a scream. "love in the stars"... *giggle*

Okay, now to the ficness.

--I guess JTC will show us how JJ&M showed their loyalty and devotion to the Boss, and how Chris Brockner/ Mewtwo are just so cool. *makes note to keep even closer tabs on it* It's actually good to see that our favorite Rocket trio is now in charge--but they're still themselves (as seen in Gio's aside to Jessie, LOL).

Wonder: Will we ever get to see how Domino feels at being somewhat upstaged by the formerly bumbling JJ&M? Maybe that'll be part of the JTC universe too, though, so I'll hush.

--Heh, so Ash's continued escape from TR is genetic. LOL! It'll be fun to see how he's like his old man...

--This Gio's actually very interesting in that he's not the straight-up evil guy. He's actually got awareness of sentimentality (loves his kid, loves his woman) and a new awareness of the fact that the Pokes are there for some greater purpose. Again, though, JTC universe will probably show us how he got the second. I assume this will show us how he became sentimental about people...

His tone is very interesting--it carries both the feeling of order (who you should and shouldn't bother) and.. caring (?--hey, i care about my kid and my woman). Sort of a crack in his armor--that's the sentence that came to mind. "Yeah, I was the Boss, but now that I'm gone, you'll get to see how I felt as a person."

Hm. Sorry so wordy, but I got cited in the intro, so I feel like I have to leave something long and pseudo-inteeligent! LOL! *waits for the next installment*

"Ol' Flying Fingers Sammy jumped the gun."

Pokemaniacs Anonymous: Growing old =/= growing up.

Thanx, RG! :) And thanx to anyone else that I might cross-post with while I write this.

You're indeed right. A lot of the stuff that is mentioned in here will be more or less tied up in JTC. I told BJG that it would be thirty-six stories- not chapters- before I got to that! I've decided to switch that format. I was originally inspired to do a set of thirteen stories in a "season" by shows like Gundam and Cowboy Bebop. But, hey, this is fanfiction! We can cram more detail into a twenty-two chapter story than they can put in an entire season of thirty-minute show television. So, I'm doing six stories a "season" now; expect that particular plot to move along a lot quicker. The identity of the "new" Madame Boss and J&J's acts of loyalty will be revealed soon enough! :)

As to Giovanni, his reasons for being more sentimental, that plot device will unfold little by little with his association with other chartacters in JTC. I've noticed that, over the seasons, TR has become more like a corporation and less like a syndicate. Perhaps Giovanni is getting less crooked? O_o That is something I want to explore in JTC. I want to finish that untied plot detail that was tied in the game but untouched on the series- the redemption of Giovanni. It doesn't mean Team Rocket will end, just that it will become a more legitimate organization.

As to Domino, I'm toying with the idea of just having her like her current job too much than to bother with leadership positions. After all, field work has its advantages.

Also, look at the raw marketing genius of J&J. Think about all the time their legitimate deals did alot more for them than their crooked deals. Maybe they'll turn TR into an organization that owns hot dog vending chains and styling salons. They kind of remind me of Number 2 from Austin Powers. If Dr. Evil had just listened to Number 2, he would have been a lot better off.

Plus, I want to keep at least some of the light-heartedness of the series. In a way, it's just a nice gesture to have J&J as TR leaders. It would be sort of like something that Yuyama-san might do. Although I do like doing the dark stuff, I admire Yuyama-san for making such an unbeat and soothing anime. After all, sometimes it's nice to have happy endings! ^_^

Well, I wouldn't be embarassed, RG! I too have the tendency to go on a bit! I'm glad you're enjoying these stories!

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Nice. And yes, if nothing else, they are loyal. However...they have no executive skills, and the stronger agents, like Domino and Bisashu, are most certainly going to take issue with this...

Perhaps that reflects his mindset while writing it. Maybe he's not thinking things through...

Originally posted by Blackjack Gabbiani
    Nice. And yes, if nothing else, they are loyal. However...they have no executive skills, and the stronger agents, like Domino and Bisashu, are most certainly going to take issue with this...
    Well, as to Bisashu, his loyalties may lie elsewhere. I won't say anymore, but even in the movie itself he was ready to mutiny Gio, if you remember.

It would also help you to know who the new Madame Boss is- the one who seemed to have usurped Gio's authority for a while. That is stuff from JTC, and I will shortly be clearing that up. However, I don't want to tell you right now! ^^; It's a surprise!

Also, you have to think about what Domino is. She is already a leader, in one respect. She is TR's military faction all rolled up into an epitome. She may indeed take control of Team Rocket- their military operations, anyway. However, I don't know what kind of a businesswoman she'd be or if she'd want to be a corporate figurehead. Besides, I think Gio is essentially telling them- for God's sake, delegate! He said to use Domino's incredible military strength for the good of Team Rocket.

There is also a nasty little rumor that most of TRs execs were killed when Mewtwo destroyed TR HQ. (That's what the timeline that came with the Mewtwo Radio drama says, I think.)

Blog Entries

Methinks he'd try to overthrow the new rulers, and either take command himself, or start his own team...

I always pair him with Domino anyway...*g* between the two of them, the combined power could rule Indigo within the year!

Blog Entries

Originally posted by Revolutionary Girl
    Sort of a crack in his armor--that's the sentence that came to mind.
    ...wait a moment...

*snicker*

Anyway, one more thing came to mind about this...it's spelled "Delia". Just thought you'd wanna know.

Noted and correct, BJG. Anyway, here's the next chapter.

Section 02 : THE BEGINNING OF LOVE

I shall spare you any long talk, but allow me a preface. Long ago, I was not as I am now. As funny as this will seem, I was a young hippie. My mother, the first Madame Boss, did not hold me in the highest esteem. She believed I was in the way of her organization, so she threw me into the care of others that could give nowhere near the love of a parent. So, as I came of age, I went down the path of a wandering spirit. This purposeless wandering took me from town to town. That was where I met Delia Ketchum! I was a Pokemon trainer-- of course-- as many hippies of that era were fond of catching grass types and teaching them harmony with the Earth!

I know this will keep you both in stitches, but my field was poison types! I was teaching them how to manufacture mind-altering 'chemicals' for use by my peers. I was quite successful at it. I had designed a drug which was as powerful as LSD, while only carrying the addiction rate of a simple joint of marijuana. Yes, I know, perhaps it is unwise to speak of my druggie days! Still, that was my profession. It was certainly taking me 'higher,' but not in the sense of a career. It was hard to market my drugs, however, in just one area since the police were constantly on the lookout for dealers such as myself in those days. I had to keep moving, and my moving brought me the inn--
    her inn! It was the inn of one Rosalia Ketchum! Her daughter, Delia, was beautiful beyond description!

"Delia," Rosalia Ketchum's voice was sharp with disdain. A rather seedy looking hippie had just entered their establishment. Delia, who was somewhere at the tender age of fifteen, found it hard to bring herself to her mother's voice between transcendental meditation. Still, she left behind the places as far away from her as possible behind and zoomed in on that snappish voice. "Delia Lilian Ketchum, get out of your 'hip' world and come back to Earth, would you?"

Delia looked at her body. It was like being in a stranger's body! Her bare feet were blackened with the tread of many roads. He jeans were faded and worn, and her well-placed poncho was the only thing covering her budding chest. She watched her hair descending down the surface of that poncho. Her flower-child headband was the only thing that held her hair back from hanging straight in her face. Her love beads clammered as she lifted her round, young head to her mother. The year-- what was the year?! 1973, and it would see the end of the hippy movement's total exodus! Alice Cooper would soon become overwhelmingly popular, and love and peace would soon give way to sex and violence. (Well, maybe you could change "love" and peace to "sex" and peace and end up about right.)

Delia, had caught the tail-end of that movement. She had been very young when Woodstock had taken place, and was deemed too young to go by a group of her older cousins who simply would not take her along for the hairy, drug-loaded, naked, and often muddy experience. Oh, and of course, then there was the music!

Delia was now a young woman, looking every bit of it! She longed now for some lone stranger to come and sweep her off her feet! Perhaps she wished it would be a Pokemon trainer like her own father- the man who had left his family behind when Delia was only three! She had had a huge crush on young Samuel Oak, but she could never get so close to Sammy.

The two of them had been the best of friends since childhood- like an older brother and younger sister! After the whole girlhood hormone thing had worn off, her attempts at getting romantic with Samuel Oak seemed awkward! Besides, Sammy was not much of a hippie. He seemed more interested in studying Pokemon at 20 years old than making love and not war. That was all behind her- especially since Sammy had married two years ago. He already had a child at his very young age- a son! He was very responsible, though, and already had acquired enough federal and private funding to create an organization that he called the "Pokemon Symposium," as well as its sub-division for admission of new trainers, the "Pokemon League." The league had actually been around for many years, but Oak had given it enough money to become more than a rag-tag group of Pokemon trainers with visions of grandeur. Samuel Oak somehow managed to do all this while still having time to study for his doctorate in Pokemon science at Kanto University. He was amazing, smart, and his chestnut brown hair definitely made him attractive. Still, he would never have been a man for Delia Ketchum.

Delia took all of this into her mind. She moaned to her mother, "What?"

"Delia," Rosalia Ketchum's voice was riddled with even further disdain as it suddenly came to her that her daughter was a hippie not unlike that stooge which stood in their main hall right now. "Delia, one of your friends is here. He's some Italiano hippie boy calling himself Giovanni! I want you to get rid of him."

Delia whined, "But why, Mom?"

Statically, Rosalia Ketchum held her fingers up to her nose and pinched it shut. With her nasal passages plugged, her voice sounded like that of a barking Seel. "I don't want something with a scent that disgusting sleeping on my clean sheets!"

Delia had been perched on a desk- something her mother usually would have yelled at her for. Today, however, was different. This supposed-derelict had driven her mother up a wall. Delia climbed off the table and marveled at how cold the linoleum felt beneath her. She had, after all, been "out-of-body" for about an hour previous, and her toes felt foreign- since she had had no toes during that time. Sometimes she did, but in this particular trip outside herself, she was simply as a passing cloud. She had had no limbs she could have easily identified.

She marched out to the main hall and instantly her heart sank. There stood the man she instantly fell in love with. He was tall and swarthy. Granted, his stink was there, but hers left much to be desired. Hippies had the strangest thing against bathing.

His hair was long, jet black, and greasy. His eyes were large and dark, as well. They looked at her with a warmth she felt burning away at her entire body. He wore a pair of jeans- nothing else except the peace symbol on a chain around his neck. On his feet, there was no adorment except a humble pair of brown sandals.

He carried a bag, which he dropped upon seeing Delia. His voice was gruff and gravely as he struggled, "H- hello, Miss! I needed a place to stay and I have a lot of money, so--"

"Done!" Delia squealed. She brushed her mother aside as she collected Giovanni's money and filled out paperwork. Giovanni sauntered up the stairs that was just off the main hall and administration office. (Which would someday be a den when Delia closed down the inn and made this her home! That bedroom that Giovanni slept in would someday belong to their son, Ash!) Delia's mother was infuriated.

"What were you thinking, child?" she scolded.

Delia answered dreamily, "I'm in love, mother!" Rosalia Ketchum looked outraged at the prospect that Delia was in love with Giovanni. The elder woman marched off to her own room in the downstairs area- which funny enough would someday be a laundry room- and could be heard weeping the whole night long. A few hours later, Delia went to her room, stripped off her garments- no good hippie slept clothed- and drifted off to sleep. A few hours following, she awoke to the sound of her door creaking open. She pulled a Pokeball from nearby- a Machoke that she and her mother used for protection in case they took on an undesirable client. She put the ball back on her nightstand as she gazed at the moonlit visage of Giovanni!

Upon seeing her nude body, he shyly coiled away, apologizing, "Oh! I'm so sorry! I thought this was the bathroom! I didn't mean to--"

"No," Delia called loud enough so only Giovanni could hear. "Wait, come back!"

Delia pulled a sheet around her bare body, blushing despite the fact that hundreds of her hippie friends had viewed her naked- and a good number of them male. She had never felt so much like a schoolgirl- though in many ways she was.

Giovanni trundled back inside the room. She looked into his eyes, and even in the dark all their words were spoken in that simple look that passed between them. Giovanni knelt down on Delia's bed. She pulled the sheets tighter to her as he kissed her with a passion she had never felt before. She would remember that day even to this one, but Giovanni would remember it much more. The feel of her skin as it sweat driplets in the heat of their love. The softness of her hair against his chest, and the feel of her own chest- those perky little breasts of hers cupped in his hands. It was magic!

Jessie, James, Meowth- by now I am certain that you are blushing upon hearing about your ex-Bosses' adolescent sexual habits. Well, I'm certain you think that with that act of consumation, all was resolved. The wedding was the next day, and a big party was thrown at Rosalia Ketchum's inn to celebrate the marriage! Perhaps you think Delia and I lived happily ever after. That is not the case!

Next Section : LOVE'S PARTING AND RETURNING

Blog Entries

OOoh!

although I have a picture of Gio at about 17, and he's about as far from 'hippie' as you can get...but it's not anime timeline, so...*g* (it's on my site, see if you can find it)

Delia, though...she's a MAJOR hippie! I mean, her Japanese name even means "Flower Child"

...the interesting thing is that you wrote a courtship of about, what, two hours? And...that's *still* longer than the one I gave them! *bweeheehee*

There is, however, one little issue of the age difference...Delia's maybe 28 on the show...and Gio's at least 7 years older than her...however, since this seems to be an alternate universe...

Manga Sam Fangirl Revolutionary Girl's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hee hee!! Yeah, it's fun inflicting real world cultural trends on Pokeverse, isn't it? Like Blackjack, I can totally see Delia as a hippie. Though I actually like hippie Gio too, just because it isn't so traditional. Usually I see fics that say "as the heir to the Rocket empire, Gio's just always under his mother's thumb" and that's it. (And even I'm guilty of this.) She's usually distant, though... here we get the "distant mom but who's not too pleased with her son at all and would rather be rid of him," which is a very interesting take. (And Gio as a wandering drug dealer... he's still got criminal in his blood, eh?)

And I like the explanation of the Pokemon League's rise. That is great. (That, and I'm just glad at seeing Sammy-sweetie making a cameo, and the covert elderlust... *does the Eldershipping/ Sam Fangirl dance*)

@ the courtship... hee hee!

BUT! "I love you, exclamation point..." Just cut a few of the !s and you'll be perfect. That's the only thing I see wrong.

*could say more, but must be fed. waits for today's installment instead* Hey, that rhymed...

"Ol' Flying Fingers Sammy jumped the gun."

Pokemaniacs Anonymous: Growing old =/= growing up.

Originally posted by Revolutionary Girl
    BUT! "I love you, exclamation point..." Just cut a few of the !s and you'll be perfect. That's the only thing I see wrong.

*could say more, but must be fed. waits for today's installment instead* Hey, that rhymed...
    Yeah, I know I use too many exlamations! ^^; My last sentence is evidence of that. I use it to show excitement in characters, when in fact the exclamation point is supposed to be used only when characters are extremely excited. The only reason I do it in non-dialogue is because I think it adds some flavor to the way things are being said- especially when Gio is the narrator.

For example, Gio says, "Delia's mother was furious."

A simple enough statement. It says what needs to be said. But, it's a little boring for Gio. How about this?

"Delia's mother was furious!" You can picture Gio's facial features expanding and his voice raising as he says that last furious.

In any case, I'm trying to cut down on the number of exclamations and using italics for dramatic effect. Yeah, it takes a little longer to program in the italics on the board. But, it makes for better syntax.

I'm sorry I've made you wait so long for this one, guys. I've been really busy today, but I'm happy to report a new chapter is here. Happy reading!

Section 03 : LOVE'S PARTING AND RETURNING

I'm sorry to disappoint you! I ask that you someday ask Ash what stories his mother has told about his father. I'm sure you'll find it far from the truths that I have laid out in this document. Or, just ask Samuel Oak- the Professor who lives just a ways from Delia. I know you've had some unfortunate run-ins with the Professor, but I assure you he is quite "chatty" if you get in on his good side. I did- when I was a student at Kanto University. Now, I'm certain he will tell you that Delia told some tall-tale like, "Giovanni and I split up! It wasn't long until I met the man of my dreams, though!" I'm certain even Sam himself doesn't believe this, but I'm sure he appeases Delia as not to make her uncomfortable. I have always suspected that there was more to the man than meets the eye. He is quite a fellow, Sam Oak.

Now, I mentioned having been Sam Oak's student at Kanto University- which is where Delia and I met next. After that beautiful night that Delia and I shared our love, I was kicked out by her mother. She was furious! Apparently, she had overheard the whole sexual escapade. There was a very drawn out monologue in which she wanted to threaten me legally. She wanted to charge me with that word- that word that means "violation." Yet, she knew she couldn't. Delia had been a willing participant in our affair. She had admitted to it. Besides, the same laws that hold in court today were not in place then. True, I was eighteen, she was a minor. However, since we were so close in age, it never would have flown in a court of law if Delia had testified she had not been... Hmm... pleased unwillingly. So, the only recourse of our actions was having to wait ten more years for our relationship to rekindle its flame.

I was twenty-eight and just about to receive a masterate degree in Pokemon zoology at Kanto University. Delia was twenty-five, and was about to get a bachelor's in the same field. Few people know this, but Delia was crazy about Pokemon! She once confided to me that- had it not been for the fact that her mother needed her help at the inn- she woud have gone off to become a Pokemon trainer herself! She had been dating Spencer Hale right up until a month before we met again. Jessie, James, I don't know how it was we had never noticed each other before that. We were in the same building many times. Yet, fate is strange! It was as though we always missed each other until that day!

Kanto U had a student lounge where students- especially those in a Pokemon field- could hang out and study in a relaxing atmosphere. I can't put my finger on the time, but I'm pretty sure it was night when I heard Delia and Chris Brockner's Johto-native aunt speaking about her finding another man. It's funny, because Chris's aunt had secretly begun dating Delia's ex-boyfried, Spencer Hale. In any event...

Giovanni's ears perked up upon hearing her name again. Delia, he thought. He poked his head out from the book he was reading. His eyes gazed up from over the title on the cover, Theories of Pokemon Psychology.

"Delia," repeated Lorraine. Lorraine had been one of Delia's best friends since they were in high school, and now Delia was giggling like a schoolgirl at Lorraine's suggestion. "You need to get out there and meet new guys! Stop hanging around with Pokemon trainer nerds!"

"They're nice nerds," Delia assured between laughter. "I'm telling you, they're really nice guys!"

Giovanni wanted to pick his moment. This was the one. Delia and Lorraine sat no farther than twent feet away in the lounge. He felt slightly dizzy at rechecking his surroundings. The room had the sterile comfort of a library. It was meant to feel relaxing and homey, yet even with the large hearth over to one side where a fire burned brightly couldn't warm this room. Harsh light hit the fine finished wood walls and spilled onto the generic pattern blue carpeting. Great bookshelves made of cold, grey metal spired up to about six feet. A plastic yellow step-stool was stashed into one corner of the room, hardly noticeable against pollished chair and tables made of finished oak. The stool was so that shorter students- such as Delia and Lorraine- could reach far up to grab a book that occupied one of the higher shelves. (Of course, to someone tall like Giovanni, this wouldn't be a problem.) Then, they could return to one of the gaudy, creme-colored leather easy chairs that dotted the large hall in patterns of two chair postioned parallel to one another.

Giovanni had been sitting at one of the oak tables, where students more often engaged in group discussion than sat alone to read. (Sometimes, the less motivated students would sit around for a game of Hearts at one of these table.) Today, however, the room was empty but for Giovanni, Delia, Lorrain, and a rather nerdy looking fellow with hair that ran in wild locks of black, grey trousers, and a white dress-T who was in the process of fingering through a little paperback entitled, Pokemon Analogy in Tolkien's Fiction. Undoubtedly, he was marvelling as he absorbed little bits of half-useless information like, "Gollum's reclusive habits were actually based on the cave-dwelling Yamirami."

The little nerd took a moment to leer over at Delia and Lorraine. His bespectacled eyes betrayed the fact that he was thinking secret, dirty little nerd thoughts that probably rooted from a hentai obsession. As the girls giggled, a wolfish little grin encroached the corners of the nerd's mouth. He was clearly trying to hide this wry, sinister little grin from view of those who might see him in his own little world. He was right to, but Giovanni didn't care how careful the nerd was being. Giovanni had no empathy for the little toad, and as Giovanni decided on a new course. Instead of striding straight over to Delia, he cut across the room to the bookshelf where the nerd knelt in sinful little fantasies of threesomes with the girls who were just across from him. They giggled unconcernedly, not realizing that there was a mental voyeur undressing them with his eyes.

Giovanni did look stately moving across the room. He was no longer and unkempt hippie. His dirty jeans and lack of shirt had been replaced by a formal yet casual combination of a navy blue sweater and canvas-colored trousers. Instead of a pair of grimy sandals, he wore a pair of loafers on his well-kempt, stockinged feet. His skin had lost the greasy luster that had come of never washing it, and with all that grease had gone a good crop of pimples. His heair was thick, yet it was parted neatly to the left and only went as far as the nape of his neck.

Yes, Giovanni looked mildly stately. His actions contradicted his looks, though. As he moved into position behind the nerd, he half-cranked his right leg into the air and booted the nerd in the seat of the pants. The nerd resisted a yelp as he lost balance, going from kneeling down to being flat on his ass in daze beside the steeley bookshelf. Giovanni quickened his pace towards Delia and Lorraine, and the nerd just stared at him in puzzlement.
    Delia and Lorraine looked up at the "commotion." Before they could ask what was going on, Giovanni position himself between the confused nerd and their line of vision. He greeted them with an undeniable charm. "Greetings, ladies. I am pleased to make your acquiantance."

He kissed both of their hands. They stifled more giggles. Yes, it was an old-fashioned gesture that Giovanni had used, yet that was probably part of Giovanni's charm. Giovanni let a small half-smile tug freely at the corners of his mouth. He didn't hesitate long before he continued, "I couldn't help but overhear your conversation about men. I know plenty of young men that would grovel for your affections and would be happy to go out with you."

Delia had been shyly turning away her face at the overwhelming charm of this newcomer, yet after another stifled burst of giggles, she looked Giovanni in the eye. Shock took her face, as it did Giovanni's. They tried to supress yet, though it was undeniable. Giovanni had taken hearing the name "Delia" as a good omen. He thought perhaps if he tried his luck with another girl named Delia, he might once again get lucky. Little did he know that this was the same Delia! This was Delia Ketchum, the girl of fifteen he had made love to at her mother's inn when he himself had been a teenager.

Both of them tried to act as though they had never known or seen each other before. Delia let out a hoarse, "Pleased to meet you!"

Giovanni cleared his throat and snapped his face out of its reverie. Lorraine was looking as puzzledly at the both of them as the nerd had stared up bewilderedly at Giovanni when the young Italian had kicked him in the ass. Giovanni chose his words carefully. "My name is Giovanni diRocketti, and if you wouldn't mind Miss..."

He paused and waited for the name he knew he'd hear to flow from her mouth like sweet honey. "My name is Delia Ketchum."

Giovanni took her hand in his, thinking that it felt as sweaty as it had at their first time in bed together. He grinned at her, his eyes glossing over as though he had found a long-lost treasure that had been rediscovered after years of searching in the dirt. "Miss Ketchum, it would be my honor to personally escort you to one of the finest restaurants in Kanto. Would you do me that honor?"

Delia froze up, but finally gathered up both courage and words after half a minute of elbowing from her giggling friend, Lorraine. As she spoke, Giovanni enveloped her entire world. "Yes," she squeaked. "Yes, I'd love to!"

They both grinned like fools... Like fools in love!

Next Section : BETTER TO HAVE LOVED AND LOST...

Last edited by Mew2Too; 11th January 2003 at 07:02 PM.

Blog Entries

*nod, nod* Niiiice...

Thanx for teh great reviews so far, guys! This is the next to last chapter. We're almost done. The last chapter, which is tommorow's installment, is very up-lifting. Anyway, here's the more angsty chapter. Enjoy!

Section 04 : BETTER TO HAVE LOVED AND LOST...

Jessies, James, allow me to fill in the gap of the next five years for you. In 1984, Delia and I were secretly married in a little courthouse near Cerulean City. We lived in an appartment in Pallet, yet far away from Rosalia Ketchum's inn and Professor Oak's lab. We hardly saw any of our old friends after that- especially Professor Oak. Delia and I graduated the previous year, and cut contact with Sam Oak almost immediately. He knew both of us well, and even knew that we were involved romantically. I don't think he suspected how serious our relationship was, though. Perhaps that was for the better, as he knew Rosalia Ketchum quite well. Had he ever let word slip about what Delia and I shared, I think the shock would have killed her.

Delia and I had four great years together following those events. In 1987, Delia gave birth to our son, Ash diRocketti. We both know his name was changed to Ketchum later on. The birth certificate, however, read otherwise at the time. He was named for his grandfather, Ashton Ketchum. It is odd that they should share names so exactly, now. As I understand it, Ashton Ketchum left Rosalia and their daughter, Delia, when Delia was three. I have mentioned that, and I have even mentioned he meant to become a great Pokemon trainer. What I have not mentioned is that he never reached that goal. He never fought in any gyms, never competed in League tournaments. As far as is known, he was a failure!

I suppose, in Delia's eyes, that makes me a failure, too! Delia and I, among the many things we had in common, held one more thing that made us similiar. That is to say, our mothers died at almost exactly the same time! Delia had been estranged from her mother for that four years that we shared. I had been estranged from my mother nearly all my life! Yet, in her last will and testament, I was the one who was the rightful heir to "Rocket Enterprises," or Team Rocket, as you know it. Team Rocket had a number of legitimate fronts. They did quite a good business, and continue to do so today. I knew, though, that there was a more shady side of Team Rocket. I couldn't stay with Delia and raise a child if I was going to take control of an organization with questionable moral integrity. Yet, I was dysfunctional- I admit it! I was raised in a dysfunctional environment. The lure of power was greater than the joys of love to me! I remember Delia's crying face the day I told her that it was time for me to leave!

Delia and I had decided to close down the inn and live there, instead. Once her mother passed away, there was no reason for us to pretend that we weren't together in front of our friends. Most of them never found out, though. Shortly after we moved into the inn, I left her. It was a cold winter's night, and Ash was sleeping quietly in a crib in that room where I had once slept. It was the same room I had slipped out of to use the bathroom, but had ended up in Delia's sweet embrace, instead. We had been young and tender, then. Now, the world would start to take its decaying toll on us.

Delia was also sound asleep in that room where we had made love together when she and I were caught up in the heat of our raging hormones. Let me tell you, I had had girls before Delia. I knew the passions of flesh, but did not know what real love was like until I was with Delia. I was going to miss her, because I had really loved her! I knew that the moment I kissed her forehead and woke her from slumber. She wore a nightgown, but I was hoping she'd pull down the covers and reveal her lucious skin to me once more. I wished that I would have the chance to tear off my long, warm black coat that trailed only as far as my shins. I wished that I could rip off the contrastingly cold, sterile black business suit underneath. I wanted to lie there, naked with Delia, and express our love one last time.

But there was no such luck...

He stood before her, soundless. He observed the slow rise and fall of her shest and the shallow sound of her breathing. Just down the hall, Ash made gurgling noises in his sleep. The toddler, unfortunately, would grow up without a father. Giovanni had gotten the call this morning that his mother had passed on. In a last-ditch effort to buy his love, Giovanni's mother had left Team Rocket and all its operations in his care.

Although Madame Boss's gifts to win her son's affections were few and far between, they were typically lavish. The last such gift that Giovanni had recieved from his mother was college tuition paid in full. Before that, it had been an expensive and luxurious Cadillac that Giovanni had traded for a more inconspicuos van. As a child, Madame Boss had sent Giovanni an entire roomful of expensive Pokemon dolls and life-size plushies.

Had Madame Boss really been trying to please her son, or just trying to make her existence know? Did she even care about his well being, or was it just that she needed someone to succeed her as ruler of the Rocket empire. Did she realize that she had an heir, and needed to ensure that he took Team Rocket when she was finally gone? Did she think that a few store-bought baubles or fancy cars - or even making Giovanni working for his own education unnecessary - simply a way to buy his loyalty?

Despite the fact that he felt mostly hatred towards his mother, he couldn't miss up such an opportunity. He swore that, one day, when he had turned the Rocket empire into something truly grand, he would return to Delia and give Ash the truly luxurious life that Giovanni himself had never been allowed to have.

For now, though, there would be sorrow from Delia at his leaving. He couldn't tell her the truth- that he was leaving to oversee a corporation that was mostly crooked. So, he would tell her a story that would give her a sense of deja vu. He would tell her...

She stirred, and her eyes slowly opened. He moved around the bed to meet her gaze when those beautiful eyes of her were fully awake. She yawned, and then gazed up at his face. She gave him a sleepy grin, and then ran her hand over his cheek. She soon realized that, here it was two in the morning, and Giovanni was fully dressed!

She moaned softly in her state of half-conciousness. She managed a combination of a yawn and a force giggle. "What are you doing honey; are you taking the Growlithe out?"

Giovanni's very sorrowed look was not very comforting to Delia. He ran his fingers gently through her hair, and then shook his head. His voice was soft and sad. "I think we know what this is about, Delia. I have to leave now."

She gave an exhausted protest, her brain only functioning at a distance. "You-- you can't Giovanni... Why?"

His face lightened, and his tone of voice became like a father trying to appease his child about a dead pet. Rover's not gone, he's just away... Giovanni though to himself.

"I--" Could he do it? Could Giovanni make this work? Could he tell her what she suspected he'd say from the start? He did just that. "I'm off to become a great Pokemon trainer, Delia! I want to become a Pokemon Master. Someday, I'll come back to get Ash. We can go on a Pokemon journey-- father and son! Wouldn't that be wonderful?"

Giovanni expected her to agree. Giovanni expected her to see his side of the argument. He didn't know why he thought that. Why should she see his side, anyway? She knew how traumatic having your father walk out on you under the guise that his delusions of grandeur would really amount to something. Why should her next words have surprised him.

She sat up in bed, and let the last vestiges of sleep drain from her eyes like water down a sink. She look, fully cogniscant, into his deep, dark eyes. As deep as they were, Delia's eyes pierced them like cloth and reached down into the depths of his soul. The feeling wrenched away at Giovanni, making him want to leave even more. He was afraid that if he didn't leave now, Delia would make leaving impossible.

"No," she declared. "It won't!"

Giovanni tried to keep tears out of his eyes. He tore himself away from the bed - away from her gaze - and shook the afterimage of those pleading eyes from his head. He snapped, "Listen! You can't change my mind! I'm leaving -- that's that!"

Giovanni hoped she would chase after him - begging for his cooperation. He was hoping that she'd be like a puppy nipping at his heels. He wanted her to beg so he could dismiss her as a spoiled little child that refused to grow up. He wanted to think of her as a selfish little coward who only wanted her own way and would kick and scream to get it!

But Delia did none of those things. She lay in the bed as Giovanni flew from the room, his coat-tails a blurred stream behind him. As he got to the front door and opened it for the final time, he turned around. He expected to see Delia tugging at the cuffs of his pants, screaming at him not to leave. All he found was an empty hall. A lone clock ticked softly on the wall. Above that, though, there was the sound of hicupping sobs. It was not a loud sound. In fact, Delia was not crying loudly in all. All his little hopes had been dashed, and he realized that all those things he wanted to think about Delia was what Giovanni himself actually was. That is, Giovanni was a spoiled, selfish little coward. He would kick and scream to get whatever he wanted, and this situation was a prime example.

"I'm leaving -- that's that..." he rolled the words around on his tongue. He had barked those words at Delia as thought they were commands. He had yelled them at her like she didn't have a say in the matter, because Giovanni was going to get what he wanted.

Giovanni left the house and never saw it again. He got in the new BMW he had bought with some of the inheritance money his mother had left him in addition to the Rocket corporation, and drove off towards the Rocket headquarters in Viridian City. As two Rocket execs strung Giovanni along on a tour of the facility, marching him amongst a crowd of awed young Rocket grunts, Giovanni couldn't stop thinking, My God! What have I done?

He was the best of persons, he was the worst of person's. He was a man of honesty, he was a man of great incredulity. He was going straight to heaven, he was going straight the other way. I'm Chris Brockner, once Giovanni's greatest enemy; and at the end, I was his greatest ally. Join me in the next chapter of this bitter-sweet tale for...

A LOOK BACK ON REDEMPTION

You will weep tears of sorrow, you will weep tears of joy...

Blog Entries

Looking forward to it!

Originally posted by Blackjack Gabbiani
    Looking forward to it!
    I sure hope you look at it that way by the end of this chapter, BJG. Anyway, I included a special character in today's performance. I know that I can never write this character as well as you can, BJG. Anyway, I really like this character, and I wanted to show his more comforting side. Remember, he is talking to Ash Ketchum, so his words will be a little simpler than usual.

I hope I kept this character's background accurate, BJG. If I screwed up, please tell me. And, remember, this story takes place about 5 or 6 years after Ash's journey in the Orange Archipelaego. This character has supposedly been in reform since that time. Such will be outlined in the sixth story of Pokemon JTC. For now, though...

I wonder why I'm reffering to an individual whose identity is now obvious as this character.

I know, this isn't how most of you would have ended a DiamondShippy fic. I apologize that it got a little off track, but I wanted to make a short, simple fic about the true triumph and tradgedy of Gio and Delia's romance. So, here's the "heart-warming" last chapter. Enjoy!

Epilogue : LOOKING BACK ON REDEMPTION...

The afternoon sun spilled through the tree branches in great droplets of light, soaking the ground in its splendor! Birds sang chipperly on this fine spring day, and Chris Brockner stood in front of the park bench where Ash and Misty sat examing the palm pad. The text reflected harshly off their eagerly-absorbing eyes. It sputtered off Giovanni's personal memoirs in scrolling green sentences that some complained made them dizzy. Ash came to the end, and turned the device off. Chris suspected he had skipped the final part of the document. Those were the parts detailing "the corporate stuff" to new Team Rocket leaders Jessie and James. None of that mattered now - Team Rocket was gone! Jessie and James said they couldn't deliver the document - not to Ash personally, and with the bad news and all. They had asked Chris to do them this one favor. Chris, however, was actually doing it for Giovanni.

In his last moments of life, Giovanni had asked that he take this document to Ash- lurid detail and all. He couldn't have any of the story blemished by Jessie and James' point of view. Everything must be explained to Ash. So, now Ash sat here, motioned away from Pikachu, Brock, and Haruka. He took only Misty with him to hear what Chris and the man he'd brought with him had to say. (Oh, how surprised Ash, Misty, and Pikachu had been to see that man! Chris had understood that hey shared some unpleasant history with this particular indiviual.)

And now, Ash's father, whom he had never known, had just told Ash his entire life story from beyond the grave.

Ash set down the hand-held device next to him on the wooden park bench. Ash was now seventeen, but looked like this new burden had aged him ten years. Misty, who's auburn hair ran freely in gentle waves down to her shoulders, hugged Ash tightly. Ash rubbed her cupped hands, trying to return the affectionate gesture. Chris was certain, though, that Ash wanted to be alone. Yet, could he really be alone, right now? He needed to work this through, and Ash was not very good at doing that by himself.

Chris Brockner, the army Captain that had been with Giovanni when he died, decided to add some comforting words in a private eulogy. He could only make a straining sound in the back of his throat, though. Chris thought of Darlene, his infant daughter. He thought about how maybe he was doing the same thing- leaving her under the guise of some delusions of granduer.

It was none other than Lawrence III who moved in to speak with Ash. Lawrence, who knew what the long road to reform after being ravaged by an obsession, could convey the truly miraculous side of Giovanni's altruistic final act. He knelt in front of Ash to meet the young man's gaze head on.

"Ash," his tender voice cut the silence in such a way that was comfortable and not disquieting. "I understand what it is truly like to let your obsessions drive you away from those you love."

Lawrence glanced down at his ruby ring that had been given to him by his mother. He looked back up at Ash, and continued, "But, Ash, in the end, your father decided that he would put that all behind him. In the end, Ash, he didn't want that separation between the two of you to stand any longer. He sacraficed himself, Ash, because he knew that his sacrafice would keep you from the same pain he had felt all his life. When Giovanni finally destroyed Team Rocket, Ash, he did it with one person in mind -- you! He would have seen himself destroyed than see you suffer a life of torment, as he did. That was his debt, Ash. He paid it, and at the end, Giovanni -- your father -- was a greater man than I can ever hope to be."

Ash could take no more. He buried his face in Misty's shoulder, and he began to sob in long heaving breaths. Misty held Ash's head, and gave Lawrence an appreciative look, for - although Ash was crying now - later on, the young man would find comfort and strength in the collector's words.

When Ash finally stopped, freeing himself of Misty's tender embrace and wiping at moist eyes with his gloved hands, Lawrence stood up and looked down at Ash. "It is alright to mourn now, Ash. But, please, don't let the sorrow keep you in hiding from your dreams and goals forever. I know that that is not what he would have wanted. He was proud of you Ash. He was proud of you, and he wanted you to be the very best..."

Chris watched as Ash finally mustered the gumption to look Lawrence III straight in the eyes. Ash's eyes were full of hope for the future, and the courage to move on! Lawrence grinned, and Chris couldn't help but come to the understanding that Ash was truly the greatest Pokemon trainer in history. He was a Master! Ash was both a master of Pokemon, and also the master of the human spirit. Ash was a hero!

Chris added in a hoarse whisper, "... Like no one ever was!"

Ash's voice was shaky and cracking a little, but did not lack that purity of heart and raw integrity Chris had come to expect from Ash Ketchum. " I promise that I'll I honor my father's memory -- I'll become the greatest Pokemon Master!"

Chris smiled, and he started to walk away, thinking his presence wasn't needed anymore. He froze instantly when Ash called out his name. "Chris!"

He turned slowly, a weary little smile painted across his face. He responded, "What can I do for you Ash?"

Ash flushed a little, wondering if it would be a good idea to make his request. He only a hesitated a moment, though, before he asked, "Would you tell me stories about my dad? I-- I want to know more about what kind of man he was."

A whimsical grin passed over Chris. He sauntered back over to the park bench, and sat beside Ash and Misty. He didn't want to upset Ash with stories about his father's old ways of dishonesty and trickery. Chris immediately thought of a good starting point for his story. "Well, did I ever tell you about the first time I battled your dad?"

Chris told many tales of the great Pokemon Master called Giovanni that afternoon. He took these stories right into the evening. The rest of Ash's gang gathered around Chris to listen, as well. Lawrence III decided to stay, as well. All of them celebrated Giovanni's memory together that night. It was midnight when Chris finished. Ash-tachi said their good-byes to Chris and Lawrence III.

Lawrence parted with Chris, boarding the Stelthius II and heading off to some exotic location in the floating fortresss. Chris simply walked He walked for a long time before checking into a motel for a night's rest.

There was one part of his walk where Chris froze, his hairs standing on end. He was certain that, somewhere in the woods to his left, he had heard the chuckling of Team Rocket's once-leader. Giovanni had come back to haunt him!

That was not the case. Chris stared over, and saw a bright figure standing beside a tree, smiling warmly at him. It was Giovanni. There seemed to be a glow about him that wasn't actually there. Giovanni was not illuminated, only joyful!

Chris returned the smile, and the apparition laughed again, and Chris realized it was a happy laugh. Then, Giovanni's spirit whirled around, and disappeared into the woods. He was never seen by any man again. But, Chris understood that this was because Giovanni was at peace now. Giovanni had finally known what it was to be redeemed, and was truly free!

And somewhere, Delia Ketchum had seen that same ghost. Maybe she had noticed that Giovanni was in the room when Mr. Mime started the commotion. Maybe she had known by her own woman's intuition. Yet, she had spun around from dusting a table and met his loving gaze head on. She did not recoil in fear. She only reached out for his cheek and stroked it. It was that same cheek she had kissed just before they had closed the casket at the funeral. Only, that cheek had been dead and drained of life. This one sent a penetrating warmth through her body. A tear washed down her cheek, and she hoarsed out her last good-bye to Giovanni. "Goodbye, my love! Until we meet again... Someday!"

Giovanni disappeared that way, looking into Delia's eyes with a radiating love that would never really fade away with time in Delia's heart. That evening, Delia took out a shoebox of all the pictures that chronicled her marriage to Giovanni -- all the good times! She went through them with Mr. Mime, and reminisced fondly about the man who she had loved -- and still loved -- so dearly!

THE END...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast