EVERYONE: Live From the Fireside (Week 26: Beedrill's Search) - Page 6

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Live From the Fireside (Week 26: Beedrill's Search)

Brock's Pikachu LightningTopaz's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Live From the Fireside (Week 18: Sorin and the Pot of Beans)

But every once in a while, Brock will feature other tricksters from other regions
    My URPG stats: Maya's status

SuBuWriMo status: 28,103 words in all!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Live From the Fireside (Week 19: Reshiram and Zekurom)

Week 19: Reshiram and Zekurom

(real tale: The Goddess and the Orge)

<i>Ash, this is for you...</i> Brock smiled as he charged out onstage to greet the crowd.

Once all was quiet, he began his tale. "There was once a sage that lived high atop a mountain somewhere in Unova. While people didn't see him much, many sought him out for his wisdom. Among those wishing to learn was Reshiram, the white firefox. One day, she flew to the sage's house, and asked for him to teach her. The sage agreed, and the lessons began. Before long, Reshiram's rival, the black thunderfox Zekurom, heard of the sage. So he too made the journey to the mountain and asked if he too could study under him. The sage agreed."

"As far as the sage was concerned, he didn't care that he was teaching two Legendary Pokemon--he only wished to share his wisdom to any that was willing to learn." Brock explained as he settled in his chair at center stage. "Reshiram and Zekurom proved to be diligent students, and learned much from their teacher."

He found his guitar and began a peaceful melody to signal a time change. "Finally, the sage called Reshiram and Zekurom to him, and gave them each an empty glass." In character as an older man, he intones "Fill this glass with dew and return to me tomorrow. I will have a gift for the one that returns with a full glass first."

Whispers race through the audience as to what the sage's gift would be as Brock continues as himself. "And so, Reshiram and Zekurom went their separate ways. Zekurom was confident he would win--he would rise before anyone else awoke to collect his dew. He fell asleep confident that night."

"Reshiram, meanwhile, had a different idea." He plays a soft chord for effect. "When she arrived home, she spread a large cloth over the meadow. When she woke up the next morning, she wrung the wet cloth over the glass, filling it to the top."

"So what did Reshiram get as her present?" a girl in the front row asks.

"When Reshiram arrived at the sage's house, the sage gave her a beautiful jewel studded orb." Brock replies. "Reshiram thanked the sage, and went on her way. Zekurom arrived some moments later, but when he was told Reshiram had been there before him, he insisted that he too receive a gift. So the sage gave Zekurom a golden axe that glittered in the sun."

Tense murmurs and giggles fill the air as Brock plays a march-like melody to symbolize Zekurom walking. "Zekurom stormed out of the sage's house without so much as a thank you. He then soared off to the heavens, where he found Reshiram relaxing on a cloud."

He switches to a deep male voice for Zekurom. "Ah, Reshiram...I came to congratulate you on your feat. May I see your prize?"

"This is mine." he replies in a soft female voice for Reshiram.

"But you haven't the skill to use such a gift!" he retorts as Zekurom.

"You squeeze dew from leaves and you question my skill?" he snaps as Reshiram over a tense chord.

The audience waits to see how Zekurom will react. "That was the last straw for Zekurom, and he hurled the golden axe at Reshiram!" Brock announces as himself. "But Reshiram darted out of the way, and the axe landed with a thud so great, it made the heavens shake." A sound effect of thunder plays to illustrate his point as "rain" begins falling in the theater.

"Reshiram then hurled her magical ball to the sky, blinding Zekurom with a white light." Brock continues as an identical light flashes in the theater, surprising some in the audience. "Zekurom would try to throw the axe again, but it would miss Reshiram, making the heavens tremble with the impact." Another thunder sound effect plays at this.

He concludes over the "storm" "The people of Unova say that Reshiram and Zekurom are still up there chasing each other--the lightning is Reshiram's magical ball..." Another white flash startles the audience. "and the thunder is Zekurom trying to destroy Reshiram with the golden axe, but always missing." A thunder sound effect plays at this. "So whenever a thunderstorm rolls in, they remember Reshiram and Zekurom, and their never ending chase."

The crowd roars and Brock takes a bow as the "storm" subsides....
    Last edited by LightningTopaz; 8th June 2012 at 01:11 PM.

Blog Entries
    Follow Soulmaster On Twitter
    Visit Soulmaster's Youtube Channel

Isn't it Zekrom not Zekurom?

Credit for the Banner goes to Pyradox. Link to URPG stats
    Mafia Win/Lose Tally
    Black FC: 1506 9762 7606: White 2 FC: 2967-6420-8683: My Fanclub
    Winner of LOST mafia, My Little Pony: Friendship is Mafia 2, Bloons Tower Defense 5 Mafia, Fos Ro Mafia, Legendary Pokemon Mafia, War Room Mafia 5, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn Mafia, Pokemon Movie Mafia
    Writer's Workshop Moderator

Blog Entries

Well, when I first Pokemonized this particular tale, I received conflicting info on which it was. I went with "Zekurom" because it sounded better
    Last edited by LightningTopaz; 8th June 2012 at 03:20 PM.

Blog Entries
    Follow Soulmaster On Twitter
    Visit Soulmaster's Youtube Channel

Fair enough.
    I've been reading thourgh all of them and I have to say they are all good. I have only seen a couple a spelling/grammar mistakes and the stories are all good.

Credit for the Banner goes to Pyradox. Link to URPG stats
    Mafia Win/Lose Tally
    Black FC: 1506 9762 7606: White 2 FC: 2967-6420-8683: My Fanclub
    Winner of LOST mafia, My Little Pony: Friendship is Mafia 2, Bloons Tower Defense 5 Mafia, Fos Ro Mafia, Legendary Pokemon Mafia, War Room Mafia 5, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn Mafia, Pokemon Movie Mafia
    Writer's Workshop Moderator

Blog Entries

Thanks--if you have a suggestion for a folktale I can Pokemonize, let me know

Blog Entries

Default Re: Live From the Fireside (Week 20: Jack and the Fairy)

@Chimchar98; @Chaosj2; @Tophat Dragoneye; @Soulmaster;

Week 20: Jack and the Fairy

(real tale: Katie and the Leprechaun)

"There was once a boy in a certain land named Jack...while many blew him off as foolish, he occasionally had very clever solutions and observations." Brock begins as he looks out on the theater filled with listening fans. "So one day, his mother told him to take some eggs to the marketplace. Jack set out, and as he walked on the road, he began daydreaming of what his mother would be able to buy with the money earned from those eggs." Some nervous giggles fill the air as Brock walks around the stage, as if he is Jack on the road.

"He continued walking along the road, singing a happy little melody to himself." With that, Brock proceeds to scat "The Hearthome Pilgrim" as he walks around the stage some more. The audience claps along as Brock makes several laps around the stage, enough time to sing the tune completely through twice.

The audience applauds Brock's performance as he arrives at center stage again. "As Jack continued down the road, he saw a tiny young girl in the grass, making a dress from a flower petal. He was smart enough to know that this was no girl, but a fairy."

Awed murmurs fill the air as Brock bends down to examine something, as if the fairy he described is actually there. "Jack understood that fairies were very mischievous, but usually meant no harm to humans. Some of them would bless a human if the human pleased them--and that got Jack excited. Why go to market for eggs if he could receive a great treasure for helping a fairy?"

He gets up and walks to his usual place at center stage as he described the fairy some more. "This particular fairy was dressed in a pale purple gown made from an iris' petal, which complemented her auburn hair neatly tied back in a ponytail with a dandelion seed. She just kept working on her rose petal gown, unaware of the boy approaching her." Giggles went up as Brock carefully tiptoed to one of the footlights, as if he was Jack sneaking up on the fairy.

"Finally, Jack reached out and grabbed the fairy, making her yelp in surprise!" Brock announces as he does the same thing to the imaginary fairy onstage. "What was that for?" he demands in a young girl's voice.

As a young boy, he pleads to the imaginary fairy in his hands "Do you have any treasure around here? Will you take me to it?"

"Well, now that you have me, I suppose I could give you a share of my treasure--but it's guarded by a Lotad." he explains in character as the fairy.

"But how can a Lotad be a guardian?" he asks as Jack.

"Oh, but this Lotad is a huge Lotad." he cautions as the fairy.

As himself, he continues as he returns to center stage. "Jack almost wanted to laugh at the fairy's warning--how scary could a Lotad be? But then he thought about what would happen if he did find the fairy's treasure--no more would he have to carry eggs to market, milk the Miltanks, work in the fields, or anything else his mother asked him to do.

He thought about buying a big house, wearing fancy clothes, and having servants to attend to his every beck and call. In fact, he was so caught up in his daydream, that he didn't hear the fairy asking him..." As the fairy again, he asks "Well?"

"What?" he asks as Jack.

"I will show you the way to my treasure if you'll let me sit on your basket handle." he offers as the fairy.

"Okay!" he agrees as Jack.

As himself, he continues. "So the fairy flitted to the basket handle, and conjured a magical orb that would guide them to the treasure." He walks around the stage some more. "They went through many hills and valleys, being careful to follow the magical orb's direction--if it said to go left, Jack went left. If it said to go right, he went right."

He pauses for a moment as he returns to center stage. "The fairy smiled and said to him..." As the fairy he coos "You're a brave and strong boy to have come this far..."

"Thank you..." he stammers as Jack, so some laughter.

As himself, he intones "As they approached the top of a very steep hill, the fairy reached inside the basket and tossed an egg behind her." He whirls around to look behind him, as if trying to catch the imagined fairy in the act. "Try as Jack might to catch the fairy and scold her, she kept zipping about, tossing more eggs in the road all the while." Laughter goes up at Brock trying to chase the imagined fairy across the stage.

Finally, Brock gives up on his imagined fairy and concludes his tale. "By the time Jack caught up to the fairy to capture her again, she disappeared in a flash of light, leaving him alone, on a high hill, and broken eggs all around him." Some giggles go up as Brock trudges back to center stage. "But Jack didn't despair--the fairy had called him strong, and brave--surely his mother would be proud of him for that!"

The crowd roars as Brock takes a bow...

Blog Entries

Default Re: Live From the Fireside (Interlude 7: The Johto Jam)

Interlude 7: The Johto Jam

The plings and plungs of a guitar tuning filled the air as Brock prepared himself for the rehearsal of next week's show. Ash and Dawn had dropped by, and when he had told them the group was putting on another play, they jumped at the opportunity to help out. Even Melody had tagged along to watch.

"Almost ready?" Yuki's question snapped him back to reality as he checked the tuning on the high E string.

"Yeah--although..." A sly look formed on Brock's face. "Go find the others and tell them to grab whatever instrument they can find. I want to have a little jam session before we change for rehearsal."

"Is this gonna go up on the show Web site?" Rylan wasn't so sure. "Even if it is just an impromptu jam, I still want it to sound good."

"Maybe--we will be recording it in case it does turn out good." Brock assured Rylan. "You know I would never intentionally put something terrible online for all the world to see."

Rylan heaved a sigh of relief. "In that case..." He rummaged through a pile of props until he found a tambourine in the clutter. "May I help with the percussion?"

"Sure!" Brock replied as he experimented with a simple melody around a G chord.

When the Players, some stagehands, Ash, and Dawn had assembled, Brock took a mental inventory of the instruments present as everyone tuned up. <i>Okay, I have my guitar, Ash has at least two whistles, Dawn has her fiddle, Rylan's playing tambourine, Kano has some bongo drums, Akane practically begged to play kazoo...</i> He snickered at Akane buzzing "The Blue Danube" on a red kazoo to pass the time while waiting for everyone to tune. <i>Yuki has a few egg shakers, Lotta has one of those ridged gourds...and on top of that, we have a vibraphone, a harmonica, an autoharp, a triangle and some castanets.</i>

He lifted a hand, quieting the noise. "Okay! Now that we all have an instrument, let's pick a song we all know well enough to have it sound half decent..."

"Anybody know 'Pokemon Johto'?" Lotta suggested.

"YEAH!!!!" the crowd cheered.

"Percussion also sings backup!" Rylan announced. The other percussionists nodded in agreement.

"'Pokemon Johto' it is!" Brock announced over a triumphant G chord. "But first, let's see if everyone's tuned..." He played an A chord. Various A notes, booms and jingles answered his note.

Once satisfied that everyone was in tune and that the official webcam was ready to record, he then snapped a few times to count everyone off. "And one, two, three, four!"

<i>Dododo do dodo, dododo do dodo...</i> the percussionists sang in the background as the melody instruments played the song's intro.

<i>Everybody wants to be a Master, everybody wants to show their skill...</i> Brock sang over his guitar, the fiddle, and the autoharp. <i>Everybody wants to get there faster, make their way to the top of the hill...</i>

<i>Each time you try, gonna get just a little bit better...</i> the percussionists chimed in as they played.
    <i>Each step you climb, is one more step up the ladder!

It's a whole new world we live in,
    It's a whole new way to see,
    It's a whole new place, with a brand new attitude,
    But you still gotta catch 'em all,
    and be the best that you can be!...</i>

The song rang through the wings, but when Brock sang the last chorus of <i>Pokemon Johto!</i>, some applause got his attention. He whirled around to see a teal haired girl framed in the doorway. "Morgan? What are you doing here?"

"Are we in trouble?" Ash swallowed hard as he fingered his whistle.

"I just heard you guys playing and had to come check it out--you're not in trouble at all!" Morgan replied as she brought up the show website and prepared to edit and upload the group's performance. "That was the cleverest rendition of 'Pokemon Johto' I've heard you sing."

"And we did it without any electric instruments or techno wizardry!" Brock smiled, making the group cheer.

"We didn't even need rehearsals!" Rylan added, to some laughter.

"Can we do another song in case the video goes viral?" Yuki asked.

"Yeah! Let's do another one!" Kano agreed.

"Remind me if you know 'Call My Name and I'll Be There'?" Dawn asked as she prepared to play again.

Brock nodded, snapped a few times to count the group off, then led the way into the song. <i>There are days when those grey skies, make you blue. Each forward step you take, you fall back by two...</i>
    Last edited by LightningTopaz; 13th June 2012 at 10:16 AM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Live From the Fireside (Week 21: Buneary Soup)

Week 21: Buneary Soup

(real tale: Hodja's Rabbit Soup)

"Today I'm going to introduce to you another trickster from Orre--one of the very few female tricksters." Brock begins as the last of the crowd takes their seats. "Her name is Komyona, which means 'clever'. Some see her as wise, and others see her foolish, but either way, she can still come up with some pretty clever solutions."

Silence fills the air as the audience considers what the master storyteller on stage has told them. "But I digress." Brock finally muses as he starts toward his chair at center stage. "One night, Komyona was making dinner for herself and her husband--who we'll call Takumi-- when she heard a knock at the door." He knocks on the stage floor for effect.

"It turned out that it was her friend Okuri at the door, and she had brought over some fresh Buneary meat." Brock finally settles in the chair and takes his guitar. "Komyona was very pleased at her friend's gift, and wasted no time in preparing a fine meal with it." He plays a festive melody as he continues "It was a festive night that night--Komyona, Takumi, and Okuri spent hours talking, swapping stories, and laughing together over the Buneary meat, rice, and vegetables."

The audience claps along to the spirited set of tunes before the medley of dance tunes gives way to a calm melody. "Before long, the hour grew late, and Okuri returned home for the night." Brock continues over his interlude. "Takumi saw that they still had plenty of Buneary meat left over, and offered to make dinner the next night. Komyona was thrilled at her beloved's offer, and went to bed that night dreaming of Buneary soup."

Giggles go up at how the audience figures Takumi will screw up the soup, but Brock quickly shoots that theory down. "Takumi was an accomplished cook himself, and that evening threw together the leftover Buneary meat into the pot with rice and vegetables, singing while he worked." He punctuates this by scatting the melody "Song of the Woods" as he backs himself on guitar--one of the same tunes he often sings when he is in the kitchen himself.

When the song ends, he continues. "The smell drifted from the kitchen window, and everyone in town knew something good was cooking." Some "mm"s go up at this as the audience imagines what the Buneary soup probably smelled like.

"It was no surprise that one of the neighbors joined Komyona and Takumi for dinner that night, and the conversation and the food was just as lively as the night before." Brock continues as he segues into another reel. "This went on for several nights--Komyona and Takumi would cook the leftovers, someone would come to the door and share in the evening meal with them."

"Eventually, this took a toll on Komyona." Brock explains as the last note of his set fades away. "While she enjoyed having guests over, having so many people over for so many nights in a row wore her and Takumi out. "So she came up with a clever idea. Before she cooked the previous night's leftovers, she took a few bones from the meat and carrots and put them in some broth--if any guests came that night, she would give them the bowl of scraps, while she and Takumi ate the real food."

"Sure enough, a guest came that night--a friend of Kana's, who in turn was friends with Okuri." Brock narrates. "Komyona welcomed her guest inside, and served the meal. The guest was angry when he saw the bowl of scraps, but Komyona explained that so many people had enjoyed the Buneary meat over the last two weeks, that the scraps were all that was left." Laughter goes up at this.

He concludes over one last chord "Thankfully, the next night Komyona and Takumi were able to enjoy dinner in peace!"

Applause fills the air as Brock takes a bow...
    Last edited by LightningTopaz; 15th June 2012 at 01:07 PM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Live From the Fireside (Week 22: Wartortle Tries to Fly)

Week 22: Wartortle Tries to Fly

(real tale: Tortoise Jumps From the Sky)

<i>Dear Brock,

Hello from Cerulean! Azurill has been constantly asking how you're doing with your TV show, so I said I'd ask you.

It's wonderful that Ash is doing so well in Unova--I'm hoping to travel down there and see him very soon. Remember that story you told once about how Wartortle dreamed she could fly? (that explained why Wartortles have cracked shells) Well, I found another version of the story here in the library one day, and thought it would be wonderful if you performed it onstage...</i>

Brock folded up Misty's letter and set it on the table. <i>Thanks, Misty...this one's for you and Azurill.</i>

With that, he jogged onstage to meet the crowd. "You've head me tell 'Wartortle's Dream' before, right?" he asks. Cheers go up in reply. "Well, the story I want to tell you today is another version of that tale from Cerulean, where Wartortle is often seen as a trickster."

Giggles of anticipation go up from the crowd as Brock begins. "Once a harsh drought struck the world, and many Pokemon went hungry. But Wartortle, ever the trickster, noticed the birds were still singing in the trees." He takes a whistle from one pocket and mimics a few bird calls he has learned from Ash, as if the singing birds are actually present.

"Wartortle looked closely and saw that all the birds were nice and plump. So one day, she found Pidgeotto and asked him... " In his best mimic of Misty, he asks "Why are you all so plump?"

"The great lord Arceus provides us with food, so we need not go hungry." he replies in a breathy male voice for Pidgeotto.

"Wartortle asked the other birds--and Taillow, Starly, Swanna, and Pidove all said the same thing--the Great Lord Arceus provided them with food." Brock continues as himself. "So Wartortle began devising a plan to get to the heavens--because brainstorming plans is what a trickster does best." Giggles go up in agreement.

"So the next day, Wartortle went to the birds and asked for a feather from each of them." Brock explains as he picks up various feathers scattered around the stage. "Red, yellow, green, blue--Wartortle soon had feathers in every color of the rainbow. She then glued them all to an enchanted cape..." Brock pauses to decorate a sparkling dull blue cape lying on the stage floor with the feathers.

Then, he puts on the feathery cape. "Once the cape was ready, Wartortle joined the other birds as they flew to the heavens for a great feast." He jumps in the air, letting the cape billow behind him for effect. "No one recognized Wartortle, and constantly asked what kind of bird she was. Wartortle simply replied she was every bird.

Before long, the birds were taken to a great table piled high with every food imaginable--Wartortle's mouth watered at all the meat, berries, vegetables, and sweets of all sorts. Arceus arrived and welcomed the birds... In a deeper version of himself, he announces "This food is for every bird to enjoy, so please, have your fill."

"Then that must mean all of this is mine, for I am every bird!" he announces as Wartortle, to some laughter.

As himself, he continues "Wartortle wasted no time in gobbling down as much of the food she could, and the birds were appalled at such greed. Braviary thought something was up, and plucked a feather from Wartortle's cape." Brock proceeds to remove a yellow feather from his own feathered cape. "The other birds soon found out Wartortle's ruse, and chased after her in anger. In her rush to get away, Wartortle slipped on a cloud in an attempt to fly, and went falling down....down...down...." The audience roars with laughter at the falling whistle and the resulting crash.

When the lights come up on Brock again, he has removed the cape, and slowly gets up as if in pain. "Wartortle landed on a bed of rocks, her shell shattered in pieces from the long fall. Luckily, Celebi healed Wartortle, but she still has cracks in her shell as a reminder of the day she tried to fly like a bird."

The crowd roars with applause as Brock takes a bow. But the loudest applause comes from a house in Cerulean, where an orange haired girl applauds the performance that just transpired on her TV...

*claps* :)

Blog Entries

I had to work Misty in somehow to celebrate her appearance in BW 2
    Last edited by LightningTopaz; 20th June 2012 at 11:01 AM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Live From the Fireside (Week 23: The Little Gold Flute)

Week 23: The Little Gold Flute

(real tale: The Golden Reed Pipe)

"This is it--'Live from the Fireside' has been on the air in its current form for a year now." Brock smiles as he looks over at Ash checking the tuning on some gold whistles. "Thank you, both of you, for helping me tell my signature tale." He hugs Dawn at this. "I felt it would be appropriate for the show's first birthday."

"The pleasure's all ours." Dawn replies.

"Besides, we love performing it as much as you love to tell it!" Ash adds before warming up on a D whistle.

Applause gets Brock's attention. "Here we go--the first time I've ever performed 'The Little Gold Flute' on TV."

<i>Buona fortuna!</i> Lotta calls after Brock as he runs to meet the cheering crowd.

Brock acknowledges his applause, then begins. "Today is a very special day--the show's first anniversary in its current incarnation." Wild cheers go up at this. "As such, I've decided to share the story that many people around the world consider to be my signature tale." More cheers go up at this. "But wait! There's more!" Brock intones as a TV announcer, to some laughter. "I've also recruited some dear friends to help me out..."

Ash and Dawn charge onstage to wild cheers. "Thank you!" Dawn calls to the crowd.

"I'm glad the show is doing so well--and it is always an honor to join you on this famous stage." Ash smiles. Some "Aw"s go up from the crowd as Ash and Brock embrace.

"So, without any further ado...here it is: my signature tale, 'The Little Gold Flute' Brock begins.

The lights go down for a few seconds, buying Ash and Dawn time to hurry to their places. When they come up again, only Brock is onstage in his usual place. "A long time ago, in a place far away from here, there lived a mother and her daughter. Since the daughter loved the color red very much, she was named Akaiko, which means 'red child'. One day, as they worked in the fields..." Brock mimics digging in dirt. "A great Charizard flew down from the sky and snatched Akaiko in his claws. Akaiko's last words to her mother as she was carried away were..."

"Mother, my mother, so dearest to me, someday my brother will come rescue me." Dawn calls from offstage.

Brock next switches to a older female voice. "I have lost my only child..." He interjects as himself for a moment "the mother thought as she wept." before returning to his "mother" voice. "Who could this brother be?"

As himself, he continues "Well, some time passed, and the mother had a second child, a son. The child was born looking up at the sky in wonder, so he was named Aozora, or 'blue sky'. The mother wished for Aozora to rescue his sister, but couldn't bear to give her son such a dangerous quest. So, for many years, she locked herself in her room and wept late into the night. But one day, a Murkrow happened to land by a window and said to her..." He switches to a gravely voice reminiscent of a Murkrow. "Your sister's suffering way out there! Weeping in that Charizard's lair! Ruby red stains upon her back, digging up rocks with hands so bare!" He returns to himself. "Aozora happened to overhear this, and asked his mother..."

"Is it true I have a sister?" Ash fills in Aozora's line as he walks onstage.

"You speak true..." Brock replies as the mother. "Because she loved the color red so much, she was called Akaiko, the red child. That evil Charizard who has slain so many took her from me ten years ago."

As himself, Brock continues "Aozora took up a large stick..." Ash picks up a long wooden dowel lying by stage right. "and said..."

"I'm going to slay that Charizard, and save my sister!" Ash triumphantly declares in character as Aozora. "Then he will never harm our land again!" He slams the dowel on the stage with a loud thud to punctuate his point, to some applause.

"Aozora left early the next morning, and walked for many miles." Brock continues as Ash walks around the stage for a moment."As he wound around a mountain road, he saw a large rock blocking the way--and if he didn't remove it, it would mean a potentially deadly fall." At this, Ash stops walking and examines an imaginary rock by where Brock is standing. "He thrust his stick under the rock and pushed with all his might..." Ash pretends to push against something heavy. "but his stick broke with a snap!" He claps to illustrate this as the lights blink off for a few seconds. When they come up again, Ash has discarded the dowel. "Then, Aozora picked up the rock, and threw it into a ravine with all his strength." Brock narrates as Ash picks up the imagined rock and tosses it away. "When Aozora looked in the place where the rock had been, he saw a tiny gold flute."

Ash picks up a whistle he left onstage earlier, which is lying by his feet. "So after examining it for a moment, he picked it up and blew a single clear note..." At this, Ash blows a single high D note. "He tried a few more notes..." Ash starts going up the D major scale. "before trying to play a tune. No sooner had he begun playing, did all the Pokemon of the mountain come to listen and dance to the little flute."

The audience claps along as Ash plays the tune "The Silver Sword". "But as soon as Aozora stopped playing..." Brock interjects as Ash finishes his song. "the Pokemon stopped dancing." Some applause goes up, so Brock waits for that to quiet before continuing "Aozora took the little flute with him, and continued on his way. Before long, he came to the Charizard's cave high on the mountain. While the Charizard was sleeping, the sheer number of human and Pokemon bones nearby were a testament to how many others had tried to save Akaiko and failed. Aozora also saw a familiar girl in red hammering away at the rock, with tears streaming down her face." A spotlight appears on Dawn pantomiming hammering at something, feigning tears all the while. "Although the girl wanted to cry out very much, if she ever did so, the Charizard would burn her with his flaming tail and scold her, saying..." He switches to a deeper version of himself. "Ungrateful, loathsome Mistress Red! "Since with me you will not wed, day by day, rock by rock, carve for me a handsome cave, or else I'll send you to your grave!"

As himself, he continues "Aozora recognized the girl as his sister, Akaiko, and so he charged into the cave and shouted..."

"Wicked monster, Evil fiend! For torturing my sister so!" Ash announces as he charges back onstage. "Till your wretched life shall end..." he warns, turning his cap back and retriving the whistle from his pocket. "On this flute I shall blow and blow!" With that, he starts another reel.

Brock continues over the music "Aozora then began to play the little flute, and the Charizard danced in spite of himself. Akaiko, meanwhile, abandoned her chiesel and hurried outside to watch." Dawn pantomimes setting down a chisel, and runs over to a point near where Ash is performing. "Aozora continued to play, and the Charizard continued to dance--the faster Aozora played, the faster the Charizard danced." The audience laughs as Ash speeds up his reel for a moment. "Akaiko came close to Aozora, wishing to speak to her brother, but she was very aware that if Aozora stopped playing, the Charizard would eat them both." Ash finishes his set at this point, just as Dawn waves to get his attention. "Finally, the Charizard pleaded..." He switches to his Charizard voice again. "Human, I see that you are stronger! Play no more, torture me no longer! I will send the girl home if you just leave me alone!"

As himself, he continues "Yet Aozora did not stop playing..." prompting Ash to start another set of tunes. "As he played, he led the Charizard to a great lake. The Charizard fell into the water with huge splash, making the water level rise several feet. He again pleaded with Aozora..." As the Charizard, he wheezes "Human, I said that you were stronger! Let me stay inside this pond, and torture folk no longer!" as Ash finishes his second tune. He quickly interjects "Aozora replied..."

"Evil fiend, this is my bargain..." Ash intones as Aozora. "Stay at the bottom of the lake, and never do harm again."

With that, the Charizard sank to the bottom of the lake..." Brock continues. "Aozora took Akaiko by the hand..." Some "Aw's go up as Ash takes Dawn's hand. " and set out for home. They had not gotten very far when they heard splashing from the lake." Ash and Dawn whirl around to look behind them and gasp in feigned fear, as if the Charizard is actually there. "The Charizard emerged from the lake, determined to kill the both of them. Akaiko cautioned..."

"You go deep when digging a well, and you pull up roots when plowing a field, but while that Charizard lives, to kind ways he will not yield." Dawn fills in the dialogue.

Aozora raced back to the lake's shore, playing the little flute all the while..." Brock continues as himself, prompting Ash to play a tune many in the crowd recognize as the Pokemon Master Victory Song. "He played for seven days and nights, until the Charizard's body came floating back to him." Ash concludes this tune to some applause. "Sister and brother returned home, Aozora carrying the Charizard's corpse in his arms. When the mother saw her two children returning, she smiled with great joy, and ran to embrace them. They used the Charizard's scales and bones to build a house, and the Charizard's teeth as plowshares...and using these plowshares, they never went hungry again. Yet Aozora kept the little flute with him, just in case he needed its song again." Ash adds a little flourish on his instrument as the lights go down to end the story.

"YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!" the crowd roars as Ash, Dawn, and Brock take a bow together...

"Mother, my mother, so dearest to me, someday my brother will come rescue me."
    Hmm... *smirks* now where have I heard THAT line in your tales before, LightningTopaz? Wasn't this also used in your Loremaster story, one of the first stories I believe I read by you, oh Master of Storytelling? (as I see fit to call you)

Blog Entries

Yes, Kenna actually learned the tale from this particular episode.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast