EVERYONE: Live From the Fireside: Season 3 (Week 78: The Old Meowth and the Old Growlithe) - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Live From the Fireside: Season 3 (Week 78: The Old Meowth and the Old Growlithe)

Brock's Pikachu LightningTopaz's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Live From the Fireside: Season 3 (Week 72: The Magic Book)

@Chimchar98; @Chaosj2; @Tophat Dragoneye; @Soulmaster;

Week 72: The Magic Book

(real tale: The Magic Book)

"There was once a couple who had a son they loved very much--we'll call him Martin." Brock begins. "Ever since he was little, he had been told that when he came of age, he must go out into the world and seek his fortune. So the morning after his sixteenth birthday, he set off to seek his fortune with nothing but the clothes on his back."

Piqued murmurs fill the air as Brock picks up a long dowel. "For a while, he enjoyed the long walk down the winding path." he explains as he makes a few laps around the stage, still speaking all the while. "Every now and then, he would stop to drink from some clear spring or pick some ripe Berries from a tree. The Pokemon of the wood would look at him from beneath the bushes, and he would smile and wish them good morning."

He finally comes to a stop at his usual place at center stage. "After he had been walking for some time, Martin met an old man on the road." he explains. When the old man asked Martin where he was going, Martin replied he was off to seek his fortune. "The old man offered Martin a chance to serve him, with Martin being paid 2000 gold pieces a year for his service. Martin agreed to enter the old man's service, and they set out together. On the way, they crossed a deep valley and came to a mountain, where the man opened a trapdoor, and bidding Martin follow him, he crept in and began to go down a long flight of steps. When they got to the bottom, Martin saw a large number of rooms lit by many lamps and full of beautiful things."

Oohs and ahhs fill the air as the audience pictures some of the treasures. "While Martin was looking around, the old man instructed him to keep the rooms clean, and spread sand on the floor every day." Brock goes on. "In Martin's room was a table where there was always food and drink, and his bed, which was fit for a king, stood in a corner. There were all kinds of clothes hanging on the wall, too. But he was warned not to open a certain locked door, or else."

Concerned whispers race through the room as the audience debates what "or else" could possibly be. "A few months went by, and Martin proved himself a reliable and hard worker." Brock's voice quickly silences the chatter. "One day, the old man had to leave on a very long journey, so after saying his goodbyes, Martin sat down to a good meal, and then went to bed. But he couldn't get to sleep, so he got up and went into all the rooms. He found a great many treasures, but even though he still did his required work every day, he couldn't stop thinking about what was behind the locked door." He pauses for a beat, then continues "Then one day he decided he would go and see for himself."

Gasps and nervous giggles fill the air as Brock sneaks around the left side of the stage, as if he is Martin in the forbidden room. "Martin crept inside, and the first thing he saw was a heap of bones." he explains before feigning fear at some imagined bones, to some light laughter. "He thought about just leaving the room, when he spotted a shelf of books. Martin loved to read, so he took one of the books from the shelf. It was a spell book, filled with spells of transformation into anything in the world simply by singing a song. So he put it in his pocket, and ran quickly away out of the mountain by a little door which had been left open in the side."

He jogs back to his place at center stage. "When he got home, his parents asked him what he had been doing and where he had got the fine clothes he wore." he continues. "Martin tried to explain that he earned them himself, but his dad didn't believe him. As Martin left, he told his parents that they would see a great Arcanine at the door. They were to take it to the castle and sell it to the king, and he would give them a thousand gold pieces for it."

Fascinated murmurs fill the room. "Sure enough, the next day, everything happened as Martin had said." Brock explains. "Martin's dad sold the Arcanine to the king for a thousand gold pieces, which they put away for safekeeping. The next day Martin came by again; Although everything had turned out as he had foretold, he found that his dad still didn't believe him. So he told his parents that the next morning. there would come a great fat Miltank, as big as the house." Everyone gasps as Brock makes a big form in the air to illustrate his point. "They were to take it to the king, where he would pay a thousand gold pieces for it." The next day, everything happened as Martin had said--they took the huge Miltank to the palace, where the king was stunned at the size of the Miltank. He gladly paid a thousand gold pieces for it, which went into safekeeping."

"Martin came over again a few days later, but his dad STILL didn't believe him." he continues, much to the crowd's chagrin. "Martin said that the next day, they would find a Ponyta outside by the gate. They were to ride it to market and..."

"They would get a thousand gold pieces for it." the crowd repeats along with Brock.

Brock grins, pleased the crowd has caught on to the refrain. "And then what happened the next day?" he prompts.

"Everything happened as Martin had said." the crowd replies.

"Martin's parents built themselves a huge ranch, and never had to worry about food or money again." Brock smiles, pleased with the crowd's participation. "They didn't know that Martin really was all those Pokemon."

"Oh"s fill the air at this. "I wasn't just going on a tangent there." Brock assures the crowd before continuing. "Some time later, Martin learned the king was seeking a husband for the princess. So Martin snuck into the royal gardens, and transformed himself into a beautiful emerald ring." He pauses to sing <i>Jao wiisha nes chiel com yutuul...</i> for effect. The princess--we'll call her Liana--found the ring and eagerly showed her father, the king. But as soon as she was alone, to her amazement, the ring suddenly left her finger and became a boy. Liana was scared out of her wits at first, but when she heard a male voice singing <i>Jao wiisha nes chiel com yutuul...</i> and looked again, the boy became a ring again. Then she heard the song again..." Brock sings <i>Jao wiisha nes chiel com yutuul...</i> again. "and then turned back to a boy. This went on for some time until Liana began to get used to these sudden changes."

Laughter fills the air as the audience imagines Princess Liana's first reaction to the transformations. "Martin told Princess Liana he was sorry for scaring her, but he had actually sought shelter in the palace because the old mage from before was trying to kill him." Brock continues. "Princess Liana agreed to protect Martin, and it wasn't long before they fell in love. The king, meanwhile, didn't like the idea of Princess Liana marrying a commoner. So when he found Martin and Liana together one day, he ordered both of them thrown in the dungeon!"

Angry murmurs fill the air at this. "A week or two went by, but when the king went down in the dungeon to check on them, he could hardly believe his eyes when he found that Princess Liana nor Martin were not there." Brock assures the crowd as he starts toward stage left. "Instead, there was a large hole in their cell, big enough for two people to pass through."

The lights then come up on an easel at stage left. "Here's how they got out..." Brock quiets the interested murmurs as he picks up a black marker and draws a crude dungeon map, complete with stick figure drawings of Princess Liana and Martin in one cell. "They had fallen down that hole..." Brock next draws a dotted line under the cell with the stick figures. "into a portal..." He then draws a crude fantasy portal and draws the dotted line through it. "...which led into a castle built of pure gold at the other side of the world." He then draws a castle with a yellow marker, then draws the Princess Liana and Martin figures with the black marker he used before. "But the king had no idea about any of this." The crowd giggles as Brock draws a confused king stick figure at the entrance to the cell. "And so Martin and Princess Liana lived in the golden castle for many years." he concludes, drawing a red heart over the Martin and Princess Liana figures for effect.

The crowd roars as Brock returns to his place at center stage to take a bow...
    My URPG stats: Maya's status

SuBuWriMo status: 28,103 words in all!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Live From the Fireside: Season 3 (Week 73: The Beasts and Darkrai)

Week 73: The Beasts and Darkrai

(real tale: "Folktales from Japan" episode 36, story 2)

"You may not know this, but for many years, the world was terrorized by demons at night, led by Darkrai." Brock begins as he retrieves his harp from stage right. "It was especially bad in what is now Olivine City--the demons would set houses ablaze, kidnap the people, and steal their belongings."

Angry murmurs go up over the harp's mournful melody. "Try as the guard might, Darkrai was seemingly immune to sword..." Brock plays a hard chord to represent the clang of a sword. "arrow," He plays a small upward glissando to represent an arrow flying. "and spell." He then plays a long flowing chord to represent a magic spell. "The Pokemon Master grew worried about the constant attacks, and sent word to what is now Ecruteak City. A fine swordsman--we'll call him Yusha-- lived there, and rumor said that he had tamed the three Beasts." Brock explains. "Once Yusha arrived in the Aiiro City, the Pokemon Master asked him to slay Darkrai once and for all."

Interested whispers fill the air over a peaceful interlude. "After he had left the League, Yusha summoned Raikou, Entei, and Suicune and told them what to do, but not even they, with all their holy wisdom, had a clue how to defeat Darkrai." Brock continues. "So Yusha went to the shrine of Arceus to pray for victory. The Beasts, meanwhile, returned to the Burned Tower and prayed to Ho'oh for victory. Before they left for what is now Olivine, the elders of what is now Ecruteak give Yusha a potion that would heal him and the Beasts if they drank it, but harm Darkrai and his demons if they tried to drink it."

Excited chatter goes up over the harp's battle song. "On the way, the party befriended a girl being held captive by Darkrai." Brock goes on. "She was elated someone was finally going to defeat Darkrai and his minions, and led them to Darkrai's lair. The Beasts took human form and snuck in with Yusha that night, in disguise as priests. When Darkrai saw the potion and asked what it was, Yusha claimed the potion was healing water."

He stops his song to interject "When Darkrai and the demons drank the potion, they all fell to the ground dazed. Yusha and the Beasts revealed themselves and attacked!"

Cheers go up over the long and flowing chords of battle, as if the epic battle between Yusha, the Beasts, Darkrai, and the demons is taking place before their own eyes. But after a while, the chords begin to quiet. "When all the demons were defeated, they cornered Darkrai in his room." Brock finally speaks as the last chord fades away. "After an equally long battle, he too was defeated."

Applause fills the auditorium at this. "Yusha and the Beasts returned to a hero's welcome." Brock concludes over a triumphant song. "That is why today, you can see statues of the Beasts commemorating this hero, the Beasts, and their adventures all over the world."

He bows as the crowd's applause intensifies....
    Last edited by LightningTopaz; 12th December 2012 at 02:34 PM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Live From the Fireside: Season 3 (Interlude 15: The Players Slay the Seviper)

Interlude 15: The Players Slay the Seviper

"You know, we haven't done a Gekijou play in a while..." Lotta notes as she enters the common room.

<i>Avete qualche idea?</i> Brock asks Lotta in Italian.

Lotta thinks a moment before Brock's request registers in her mind. "Sadly no---most of the ones I could find in the library required a cast of thousands."

"And we don't have a cast of thousands." Kano sighs as he watches some Christmas cookies bake in the oven.

"So, master storyteller, what's a good suggestion for a story with not too many roles?" Yuki asks as she settles in with a book.

Brock thinks for a moment. "You guys ever hear the story of 'Hikari Slays the Seviper'?

"No..." Kano replies.

"I don't think you've told that one..." Lotta muses.

"Basically, a Seviper is terrorizing a city in a faraway land, and the only way he can be appeased is by sacrificing a girl with pure heart." Brock explains. "Eventually there are very few families with girls left, and one girl, Hikari, decides to put a stop to the cycle once and for all. But the people of the town blow her off and laugh at her, but Hikari soldiers on to the Seviper's cave with her pet Growlithe at her side. After a long battle, she kills the Seviper, and is hailed a heroine." He pauses for a moment. "If you remember 'How an Arcanine Defeated Tornadus' a few weeks ago, that tale is one variant of 'Hikari Slays the Seviper' I found in Unova."

"Oh, no wonder that story sounded familiar..." Akane muses as she enters the room.

"I remember seeing a kid friendly variant where the Seviper was not killed, but turned into a friendly Dratini..." Kano muses. "That, and the Growlithe could speak."

"Aw, what's wrong with killing the Seviper?" Lotta wonders.

"While yes, the kid friendly variant would work if we had mostly kids in the audience, remember that people of all ages come to see the show." Brock cautions. "So the Seviper turning into a Dratini part sounds like talking down to them." Murmurs of agreement fill the air. "We can keep the talking pet Pokemon, though."

"How?" Yuki wonders. "A person in a costume would look silly..."

"Luckily, we have a few puppeteers on the crew..." Brock eyes Kano with a smile.

"I'll work the head of the Seviper while two others work the body and tail." Kano offers.

"If you want, I can see if I can bring the gang down here to help." Brock adds.

"I'll write the script and play Hikari." Lotta dashes over to a PC and begins furiously writing a script, musing who will play what role as she types. "Brock narrating, me as Hikari, Yuki performing the pet Pokemon..."

Blog Entries

Default Re: Live From the Fireside: Season 3 (Sidestory 8: Hikari Slays the Seviper, part 1)

Sidestory 8: Hikari Slays the Seviper (part 1)

"Ready?" Brock asks as he waits in the wings for Lotta to finish getting into costume.

"Almost--you go on and introduce the play while I finish." Lotta replies from behind a screen. Brock nods, checks to be sure his Kashu outfit looks presentable, takes his harp, and makes his way to the wings as the lights go down and the crowd applauds the Firelights.

Once all is quiet, Brock walks out onstage playing a relaxed Asian-esque melody. When the last chord fades, he begins "Good morning, ladies and gentlemen--I am Kashu, a minstrel from a distant land. My friends and I come to you now at the Hour of Fantasy to relate to you the tale of 'Hikari Slays the Seviper'. But before we begin, I must tell you a little about how we will perform this tale." He plays a long glissando on his harp before continuing. "We will be telling this tale in an ancient style of drama seen in your world--in the Siju style of Gekijou drama, there are hardly any sets, so you will have to imagine the scenery. What little scenery there is, someone will bring onstage at the proper time."

A piercing high pitched note gets the audience's attention as Ash--clad all in black--appears in a spotlight by stage right, holding the aforementioned note on a long wooden flute decorated in flowers and ivy inlays. "Greetings...I am Fue, the leader of the orchestra." he begins as the lights expand to include about ten other people in black with various exotic instruments. "There is a reason why we come to you clad as black as night--In the Gekijou school of theater and its related styles, it is believed someone in black--such as stagehands, puppeteers, and musicians, like myself--is a shadow, and therefore unseen to the audience." With that, he retreats offstage as Brock reappears in his spotlight.

"The flute also serves an important role in our tale." Brock continues. "If a villian appears, it too will scream in fear!" Ash blasts a note that sounds like a human scream for effect, to some laughter. "If a Legendary Pokemon or spirit appears, the orchestra will announce its arrival." At this, he plays an upward glissando as the orchestra adds a trumphant phrase for effect. "Now that the pleasentries are complete, imagine that you see the garden of the noble Miyamoto family, in another time and place." With that, he adds a soft glissando as he walks offstage.

Lotta--now clad in a yellow-green robe with pale blue trim--walks to the center of the stage as the harp, tikin, and flute play a regal melody. "I am Hikari, the daughter of the family. Although my name means "light", I feel I am not a bright enough light to my parents, and wonder what I can do to be a brighter light to them and my city." she muses as a boy clad completely in black brings on a rock for her to sit on. "But I do not despair--I have my faithful Pikachu, Inabiki, to keep me company." She looks around for a moment. "But Inabiki is not here--where could she be?"

Just then, the lights come up on a wall decorated to look like a grassy plain, where a Pikachu puppet performed by Yuki "runs" in the scene. "I am Inabiki, Hikari's guardian and faithful companion." Yuki begins in a high pitched version of herself. "We have been together for a long time--I love her so much, I would even die for her!"

Suddenly, the Pikachu perks up at something. "I think I hear Hikari calling--I will go see what it is she needs." With that, it "runs" offstage.

Rylan and Akane, now in similar Chinese-esque attire, arrive next at stage right, nearby the orchestra. "I am Kazuki Miyamoto, the lord of the house. Our family is well respected in our city, and so we own many fields and gardens." Rylan begins. "In fact, I love to relax in the gardens over tea." he adds as a prop girl brings in two benches, followed by a prop boy with a table. Once the furniture is in place, the prop boy sets a tea set on the table. Rylan then sits down on the left bench and takes a prop teacup.

"I am Keina Miyamoto, the lady of the house." Akane intones. "I too, enjoy partaking of tea in the family garden, but today I come seeking my husband's wisdom concerning a problem that is troubling our city." At this, the music stops as she sits down before Rylan. "My lord Kazuki, the fearsome Seviper of the mountains, Sampa, has woken again. You know well that he wakes every seven years--and if we do not sacrifice a maiden of pure heart, he will destroy our fair land."

"I understand, my beloved--Sampa has troubled me as of late." Rylan replies.

The harp plays a soft glissando as to more Players, a boy and girl, enter the scene. "I am Mamoru Ichihara, and this is my wife Aina." the boy begins. "We are on our way to the Miyamoto house to ask Kazuki what to do about Sampa." He then addresses Rylan. "Well met to you, Miyamoto-san."

"And to you likewise, Ichihara-san." Rylan replies. "Come join us in the garden, and forgive us if we worry."

"Sampa troubles you, I take it?" the boy asks as he sits down in another chair a girl brings on.

"Sadly yes." Rylan sighs.

"Then allow us to worry with you." the boy offers.

After sitting in silence for a moment, the girl speaks. "We have given many promising young girls to Sampa over the years, but now there are very few families with girls left..."

"What troubles me more is how many have attempted to slay Sampa and died in the process." Rylan explains.

"Yet if we do not give him a girl of pure heart, he will destroy our city, ravage our fields, and destroy our temples." Akane adds.

Rylan gets up from the table. "Come, let us go inside and talk more of this vexing problem." With that, he leads the way out over a soft interlude from the orchestra as the stage is cleared.

The lights come up again on Lotta and the Pikachu puppet. "Honorable travelers! A thought just occurred to me..." Lotta announces to the audience as she gets up from the rock, which is taken away. "I will offer myself as a sacrifice to the vile Sampa, and save our city. But before I tell my family of my decision, I will first pray before the Legendaries that watch over our family." With that, she and the Pikachu puppet walk over to stage left, where a screen depicting a temple is set up. "Legendaries that see all, I come to you seeking advice..."

Just then, Lucas appears in a sparkling silver and blue outfit to a trumphant flourish from the orchestra. "I am Lugia--guardian of the moon and protector of the Miyamoto family." he announces.

The orchestra plays another flourish as Dawn appears, clad in a sparkling gold dress with rainbow trim. "I am Ho'oh--guardian of the sun and protector of the Miyamoto family." she announces.

"We have heard your prayer, and listen as you tell us your concerns." Lucas begins.

"Great Guardians of heaven, I come before you with a terrible dillema." Lotta explains. "The Seviper Sampa has woken again, and is demanding a maid of pure heart in tribute. I want to offer myself as that maid, but I fear what my family will say."

"Oh, child of the Miyamoto house! You need not continue the tragic cycle Sampa has made!" Dawn assures Lotta. "Inform your parents of your decision, take Inabiki, and travel to Sampa's lair with a basket of Berries and sweet cakes."

"In addition, take the great blade Masamune with you." Lucas continues as he forms a prop katana in his hands. "Instead of sacrificing yourself to Sampa and continuing the woeful cycle, that serpent will be slain by that illustrous blade!"

"I accept Masamune and will do as you have commanded." Lotta replies as she takes the sword. The lights go down at stage left, hiding Lucas and Dawn as she crosses over into the center of the stage, where Rylan and Akane are feigning farewells. "They are bidding the Ichiharas farewell--I will tell them my plans." she muses. "My great father and mother, I have decided I will be the maiden that will be offered to Sampa."

Rylan balks at this. "But Hikari, you can't be serious!"

"No, Hikari--I love you too much to lose you to Sampa!" Akane agrees.

"No, great ones, I do not plan to be Sampa's next meal..." Lotta assures Rylan and Akane before showing them the prop katana. "I plan to cut Sampa down with the holy blade Masamune!"

Rylan balks at the katana. "I have trained you in the way of the sword, but you are far from ready to wield our family's treasure, the Masamune!"

"I have not taken up the Masamune for my own selfish enjoyment." Lotta explains. "Our family guardians have commanded me to journey to Sampa's cave with Inabiki, some Berries and sweet cakes, and the great Masamune."

"If Ho'oh and Lugia have deemed Hikari worthy to wield the Masamune, then I see no reason to stop her." Rylan muses.

"I will prepare the Berries and sweet cakes for in the morning." Akane interjects as the lights go down with a harp flourish....

Blog Entries

Default Re: Live From the Fireside: Season 3 (Sidestory 8: Hikari Slays the Seviper, part 2)

Sidestory 8: Hikari Slays the Seviper (part 2)

A flowing harp melody is heard as Brock appears in his spotlight. "And so, Hikari set out for Sampa's lair the next morning with Inabiki, Berries, sweet cakes, and the legendary blade Masamune. She was not going to continue the tragic cycle of maiden's sacrifices, but slay the beast once and for all." He lets that hang as Lotta walks onstage with the Pikachu puppet in tow.

"It is the hour of Awakening...Inabiki, see if you sense anything up ahead." Lotta instructs the puppet.

"I do not sense anything out of the ordinary." Yuki reports in character as Inabiki. "If I do not fall by Sampa's coils, I will unleash a great Thunderbolt!" With that, the Pikachu puppet romps around the stage for a moment.

Lotta then notices the Pikachu puppet uneasily back away at stage left, as if afraid of something. "What is it, Inabiki?"

"My lady, I sense we are getting close to Sampa's lair..." Yuki stammers as Inabiki. The audience giggles as the puppet shakes in fear.

"You're right--I'm trembling like a sakura in the spring breeze." Lotta worries as she too uneasily approaches stage left.

"I'm a brave little Pikachu, remember?" Yuki assures Lotta. Some "aw"s go up as the puppet nuzzles Lotta.

At this, Ash blasts a high note that sounds like a female scream as a giant Seviper puppet looms over Lotta and the Pikachu puppet. "I am Sampa, the vile Seviper." Kano, who is performing the Seviper's head, intones in a deep voice. "Long have I used the human city as a hunting ground for maidens of pure heart--the humans fear my power, and are happy to give me one every time I hunt!"

Lotta is unfazed at the giant puppet, and the Pikachu puppet "sparks" at it. "Wait, Inabiki." she instructs the puppet as a girl brings on a rock to conceal the both of them. "I will need to distract Sampa before you can strike--that's what the Berries and sweet cakes are for." Yuki makes the Pikachu puppet nod and watch Lotta set out some prop Berries and cakes before the Seviper puppet, then retreat back behind the rock.

"What is this? Berries? Sweet cakes?" the Seviper puppet balks. "I want a maiden of pure heart!" If they do not send me one, I will bring doom on their city!"

"Your cycle of appeasement ends here, Sampa!" Lotta announces as she emerges from behind the rock, to some drums and a tense flute note from Ash. "For far too long you have oppressed my fair city...." She then draws the prop katana. "and now, you will be punished by the holy blade, Masamune!"

"Why, this pure hearted maiden thinks she and her little Pikachu can defeat me!" the Seviper puppet laughs. "Go on, maid of pure heart..." it taunts Lotta. "See if you can defeat me!"

"Now, Inabiki!" Lotta commands the Pikachu puppet. Yuki then makes the Pikachu puppet charge at the Seviper puppet and bite its tail as a Oriental battle theme begins.

"HAH!!!" With that, Lotta, the Pikachu puppet, and the Seviper puppet "fight" in time with the drums, tikin, harp, and flute. The audience begins cheering as the "battle" rages on.

After thirty minutes of "fighting", the lights quickly go down as the drums suddenly stop. When they come up again, the orchestra gives a victorious flourish as Lotta and the Pikachu puppet appear on the head of the "dead" Seviper puppet.

"Well done, Inabiki--let us return home and tell our family that Sampa has been slain by Masamune." Lotta tells the Pikachu puppet.

The lights go down as Brock reappears in his spotlight. "Hikari returned home to a heroine's welcome that night, but no one was more pleased than her family."

When the lights come up again, Lotta and the Pikachu puppet stand before Rylan and Akane. "Hikari...you have returned!" Rylan gasps.

"My little light!" Akane runs to hug Lotta.

"I return victorious--Sampa will wake no more!" Lotta announces. "He has fallen by the mighty hand of Masmune!" Ash adds a triumphant phrase for effect.

Rylan smiles. "Perhaps I underestimated your power, Hikari--a son is blessed with strength of body, but a girl's strength is stronger--the strength of the heart!"

"Come! Let us celebrate the one that brought light to our land!" Akane agrees as the lasts go down.

"And so it was that Hikari was hailed as a hero in her hometown and beyond, and even to this day, people around the world tell of how she slew the Seviper." Brock concludes with a last flourish as the stage goes dark, ending the play.

The crowd roars as the lights come back up for the curtain call--Brock bows first, then acknowledges the orchestra. Yuki, Kano, the other puppeteers, and the prop people bow next, then Rylan and Akane. But the biggest ovation is saved for Lotta as she takes a bow....
    Last edited by LightningTopaz; 11th January 2013 at 11:30 PM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Live From the Fireside: Season 3 (Week 74: The Three Spells)

Week 74: The Three Spells

(real tale: "Folktales from Japan" episode 37, story 1)

"In a certain land, the leaves were changing colors, and in a certain village, the children were out picking the newly ripe Berries that grew in the mountains." Brock begins. "The miko's apprentice at the temple--we'll call her Riko, which means 'child of truth' wanted to go and pick Berries too. The miko told her no, for a mafu--a monster that had the body of a Raikou and the head of a young lady--had been spotted on the mountain. After Riko pleaded and pleaded for about an hour, the miko finally relented and allowed her apprentice to climb the mountain, giving her three enchanted jewels to protect her. She told Riko not to invoke their power unless it was an emergency."

Piqued murmurs fill the air at this. "Riko stayed out until nightfall gathering Berries." Brock explains. "Just as the moon rose over the mountain grove, a Zubat suddenly startled Riko. But just as she eluded the Zubat, she ran into the mafu!"

"Oh no!" a girl gasps.

"Riko was taken to the mafu's lair, and she frantically pondered a way to escape as she watched the mafu boil water in preparation to eat her." Brock intones. "Then, a crazy idea occurred to her--she first told the mafu that she had to go to the bathroom."

Laughter erupts at this--it isn't often character in a tale asks to do this. Brock waits for the laughter to quiet, then continues "The mafu bought Riko's ruse, and untied her. Riko then ran past the bathroom and into a shed. Once sure she was not being followed, she tied the last rope that held her on the wall, and invoked the first jewel, a ruby, with the incantation..." Brock then sings Jao wiisha nes chiel com yutuul... before continuing "The ruby released a small ball of light, which would answer in her voice. Once sure her ruse was in place, she fled into the night."

Applause goes up at this. "Meanwhile, the mafu was growing impatient and she asked if Riko was done yet." Brock continues. "But the ruby light answered in Riko's voice she wasn't done yet. The mafu would wait a while and then ask again, but the ruby light would say she wasn't done. Finally, the mafu went to check, and discovered that Riko was gone!"

Nervous giggles fill the air at this. "Riko ran as fast as she could, but the mafu was not far behind." Brock intones, silencing the laughter. "She next invoked the second jewel, an emerald, with the incantation..." Brock sings again Karuto, iichiida shou...

"What did that spell do?" a woman asks, a note of worry in her voice.

"The spell conjured a large sand dune." Brock replies, making a form in the air to give his audience an idea of the sand dune's size. "That bought Riko a little time as the mafu waded through the sand, but the mafu was soon right behind her again. Riko invoked the third jewel, a sapphire, with the incantation..." Brock proceeds to sing Rou iitsa ron selga viichii... before continuing "conjuring a huge river. This bought her enough time to get to the temple. Just before the mafu could catch up to her, the miko took her inside, and drove the mafu away with a fire spell--also invoked by..." He sings Jao wiisha nes chiel com yutuul... again.

Everyone heaves a sigh of relief as Brock concludes "They say Riko studied her holy spells even harder after that, inspired by her mistress' bravery."

The crowd roars as Brock takes a bow...

Blog Entries

Default Re: Live From the Fireside: Season 3 (Week 75: The Day Sorin Rode Ninetales)

Week 75: The Day Sorin Rode Ninetales

(real tale: Br'er Rabbit and his Riding Horse)

"Christmastime was coming to Viridian Forest, and everyone was excited." Brock begins. "Everyone, that is, but Sorin. Ninetales had outfoxed him one time too many and had made him look like a fool!"

Laughter fills the air at this. "So one day, Sorin was sitting at home moping when Raku--the Pikachu who lived up the road from him--let him know she and the other girls were having a big Christmas party." Brock continues. "Everyone's coming and we sure hope you'll come too," he adds in a perfect mimic of Misty.

He continues as himself. "Now, Sorin had a little crush on Raku, and he longed to impress her, so he said..." In his standard "Sorin" voice, he interjects "I'll ask Ninetales to take me there. You know she was my daddy's Ponyta."

More laughter fills the air at this. "Even though Raku knew as well as anyone that Sorin was quite the trickster..." Brock continues as himself. After the thunderous applause calms down, he adds "this news came as a big surprise to her. Sorin asked her to send Ninetales to bring him to the party as proof."

Some "Ooh"s fill the air at this. "The day of the party arrived, and Raku begged Ninetales to pick Sorin up." Brock goes on. "So Ninetales trotted down the road, shaking snow from her tails, for snow had begun to fall. She showed up at Sorin's house, and knocked." Giggles go up as Brock knocks on the stage floor in a "shave and a haircut, two bits" rhythm. "When no one answered, Ninetales knocked again and harder..." He knocks the "shave and a haircut" rhythm again, slightly harder. "but Sorin did not answer. She was about to give up, when she heard someone calling..." In character as Sorin, he groans "Is that you, Ninetales? Please, call for a Chansey, I'm not feeling so good. Hurry!"

"I promised Raku I'd make sure to get you to the party," he replies as Ninetales. "You have to come."

"Ohhh," he groans as Sorin. "I'm too sick to walk that far." The audience roars with laughter at Brock's exaggerated groans of pain.

"Well, if you're too weak to walk, I'll carry you." he replies as Ninetales.

"Noooo," he sighs as Sorin.

"Just ride on my back," he assures the audience as Ninetales. "Raku will be hurt if you're not there!"

"I can't ride on your back without a saddle," he protests as Sorin.

"Okay, I'll get you a saddle." he replies as Ninetales.

"But I need reins," he complains as Sorin. "or I'll fall off!"

"Fine, I'll get a bridle too." he grumbles as Ninetales.

"You'll have to wear blinders, too." he cautions as Sorin. "or you'll get nervous, and if you're nervous, you'll shiver, and if you shiver, I'm sure to fall off!"

"Okay, a saddle and a bridle and blinders!" he roars as Ninetales.

"If you get those things, I'll go with you." he assures the audience as Sorin.

"There's just one thing," he interjects as Ninetales. "You have to get off a block away from Raku's house. If you do, I'll take you there."

"No problem!" he smiles as Sorin.

The audience roars with applause at the interplay. "So Ninetales ran off to fetch a saddle, a bridle and blinders from a nearby barn." Brock continues as himself. "While Ninetales was away, Sorin washed his face and cleaned his fur so he'd look his best. Ninetales returned, wearing a saddle, bridle and blinders. Sorin jumped on her back, and off they went down the snowy road."

Giggles of anticipation filled the air as Brock makes a few laps around the stage to simulate Sorin and Ninetales traveling. "While they were riding, Sorin lifted up one foot to put on a spur." he explains as his spotlight at center stage expands to include some boots with spurs. "But Ninetales thought Sorin was just scratching an itch." he explains as he puts on one boot. "Then he put on the other spur, but Ninetales presumed he was scratching the other foot too. "More laughter fills the room as Brock puts on the other boot.

"Once sure the boots are on securely, Brock goes on "When they were just a few houses from Raku's, Sorin grinned slyly and stuck the spurs into Ninetales' sides." He proceeds to kick at the air, as if Ninetales is there.

"AIIIIIIII!!!!" he screams as Ninetales, startling some in the front rows. "Ai-yai-yaaaa!!!!" The audience howls with laughter as Brock continues to kick at the imagined Ninetales. "No matter how loud Ninetales screamed, Sorin stuck those spurs in again, each time harder than the last." Brock explains as the audience calms down. "She couldn't help herself — anything to stop the pain! In fact, Ninetales overshot Raku's house twice!"

When the laughter calms down, Brock concludes "Ninetales was still yelping with pain when Sorin leaped off and tied his reins to a post. He sauntered into Raku's house. He smiled at all the girls. He stopped to admire the Christmas tree. He sipped a cup of hot chocolate. He visited with the guests and joined in the dancing. He swapped gifts with the other guests. But most importantly, he gave the biggest smile to Raku. But Ninetales vowed she would get Sorin back, even if it took her many Christmases to do it!"

The crowd roars as Brock takes a bow...
    Last edited by LightningTopaz; 18th December 2012 at 06:12 PM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Live From the Fireside: Season 3 (Week 76: The Legend of Maria)

Week 76: The Legend of Maria

(real tale: Clever Maria)

"There was once a merchant who lived close to the royal palace, and had three daughters." Brock begins. "Mind you, they were all pretty, but Maria, the youngest, was the prettiest of all of them."

Interested murmurs lill the air. "One day, the king asked the merchant to go on a great journey." Brock continues. "The merchant was a bit reluctant to go at first, as he did not like leaving his daughters at home alone. But he could not refuse the king's order, and so he bid them farewell early the next morning."

"Where was he going?" a boy asks.

Brock thinks for a moment--the tale never explicitly says where the merchant goes. "He was...looking for a great treasure in the mountains." The boy seems pleased with that answer, so he goes on "Before he left, he took three pots of mint, and gave one to each girl, saying the mint would tell him if anything happened while he was away."

Giggles of anticipation fill the room. "Some weeks went by, and one day, the king, accompanied by two servants, paid a visit to the three girls, who were sitting down to dinner. When they saw who was there, Maria offered to get a bottle of wine from the cellar. The king declined Maria's offer, but she insisted anyway. It turned out that Maria's insistence was a ruse, and bought her time to run to the house of a neighbor, and knocked at the door. When the neighbor asked what had happened, Maria asked to stay with them, under the pretense she had a big fight with her sisters."

"And then?" a girl wonders, intrigued.

"When she returned home the next day, she found the plants of her sisters withered away, because they had disobeyed their father." Brock intones. "Now the window in the room of the eldest overlooked the royal gardens, and when she saw how fine and ripe the Leppa Berries were on the trees, she longed to eat some, and begged Maria to climb down a rope and pick her a few, and she would pull her up again. Maria, who was good-natured, swung herself into the garden by the rope, got the Berries, and was just about to signal to be pulled up when her sister asked her for some Nomel Berries too. Maria turned round to get them, and found herself face to face with the gardener. Before the gardener could call the guard, she pushed him so hard, he fell panting into the Nomel bushes."

Laughter goes up at this. "The next day the middle sister had a craving for Nanab Berries and begged so hard, Maria finally relented, never mind the incident the day before." Brock continues, to some nervous giggles. This time, the king caught her!"

"Oh no!" another girl gasps.

"The king grilled Maria about what she had done." Brock continues. "Maria confirmed that the king's story was true. Just before he could take Maria to the dungeon, the king found she had vanished completely, without leaving a trace."

"Metal Gear Maria." someone comments, making nervous laughter waft down the front row.

"The kingdom was searched from top to bottom, and no stone was left unturned." Brock goes on. "But there was no sign of Maria anywhere. This so enraged the king that he became quite ill."

He pauses for a beat before continuing "Meanwhile, the two elder sisters had married the two servants, and became moms of princesses of their own." Misty continues. "Now one day Maria secretly went to the house where her elder sister lived, concealed them inside a beautiful basket she had with her, and dressed herself as a boy, under the ruse she was a flower seller delivering flowers to the king."

Everyone waits to hear what will happen once the babies are discovered. "The king heard what she said, and ordered one of his attendants to go out and buy the basket. It was brought to his bedside, and as he raised the lid cries were heard, and peeping in he saw two little baby girls. He was furious at this new trick which he felt had been played on him by Maria. He was still mulling payback ideas when he was told that Maria's father had returned from his journey. Then the king remembered how Maria had refused to receive his visit, and how she had stolen his Berries, and he determined to have his revenge on her. So he sent a message that the merchant was to come to see him the next day, and bring with him a coat made of stone, or else."

Furious whispers race through the room as the audience debates how to make a coat out of rock. "Now the man had been very sad since he got home, for he had found the two elder ones married without asking his leave." Brock continues. "Then there was the question of how he was gonna make a coat of stone? Maria came to him and gave him a bit of chalk, telling him to go to the palace and say he had come to measure the king. Imagine his surprise when he was told the king wanted Maria!"

Gasps go up at this. "When Maria heard what had happened, she told her father to have a doll made, exactly like her, with a string attached to its head, which Maria could pull to have it nod 'Yes' and 'No.'" Brock explains. "Meanwhile, the king remained patiently in his palace, feeling sure that this time Maria could not escape him." Misty intones. "He told his pages that if a man should come there with his daughter and ask to be allowed to speak with him, to put the young lady in his room."

The audience is on the edge of their seats to hear what happens next. "When the door was shut on Maria, who had concealed the doll under her cloak, she hid herself under the couch, keeping fast hold of the string which was fastened to its head. When he entered the room, he asked who he thought was Maria if she was well. The doll nodded yes." Brock explains. "The king listed everything Maria had done, and at each count, Maria pulled the string, so that the doll's head nodded yes. The king thought the doll was making fun of him, and cut off the doll's head. Once it dawned on him what he had done, he started crying and wishing he too was dead. But then, the true Maria climbed out from under the bed, and flung herself into his arms, making the king's tears tears of joy and relief. The next day they were married and lived happily for many years."

"Aw"s and applause fill the air as Brock takes a bow...

Blog Entries

Default Re: Live From the Fireside: Season 3 (Week 77: The Regi Statue)

Week 77: The Regi Statue

(real tale: "Folktales from Japan" episode 5, story 2)

"There was once a couple that lived in a forest by some mountains." Brock begins. One day, the man went out to weed his fields, and put his lunch in the hollow of a tree before going to work. Some Chimchars found the bag and ate all the food inside."

Fearful. whispers race through the crowd as they picture the man's reaction to his food being gone. Yet Brock is quick to assure them "The man figured the Chimchars needed the food more than he did, so he sat very still and watched them eat from a bush."

After a few seconds, he continues "The Chimchars finished their meal and approached him out of curiosity. Having never seen a human before, they concluded he was a statue of Regirock. After debating what to do with their discovery for a moment, they agreed to take the 'statue' to a nearby temple of Arceus. As they carried him over the hills and across a river, they sang a silly song...."

He proceeds to sing to no tune in particular <i>Everybody work to make sure Regirock won't get wet!
    His legs will turn all goopy if they ever get wet!</i>

Laughter and mild applause goes up at the impromptu song. "The man wanted to laugh at the song, but he knew he couldn't laugh if he wanted to keep up his ruse." Brock explains. "The Chimchars arrived at the shrine and left their 'statue' there. Once they had scampered away into the bush, the man finally broke his ruse, only to discover all the gold the Chimchars offered him at his feet--more gold than most people like him would earn in a lifetime. He decided to buy his beloved a present. When he got home, he bought some new clothes and a fine meal. He then told his beloved what happened over dinner--needless to say, she was very happy they would never have to worry about making ends meet again."

Some applause goes up at this, but Brock isn't done yet. "As the two of them were enjoying their meal, the neighbor's wife came, and asked where they got their newfound wealth." he continues. "The man explained what happened, and the neighbor's wife vowed to do the same thing. So the neighbors attracted the Chimchars, and the Chimchars concluded the neighbor was another statue of Regirock."

Giggles of anticipation go up as Brock continues "So as they carried the "statue", singing... He then sings again <i>Everybody work to make sure Regirock won't get wet!
    His legs will turn all goopy if they ever get wet!</i>

"Aw"s and giggles go up at the song. "The neighbor couldn't resist the urge to laugh, and howled with laughter. Panicked, the Chimchars dropped him in the water and attacked him."

The audience roars with laughter before Brock continues "He returned home battered and burnt, with no gifts to show. In her impatience, the neighbor's wife burned all her clothing except for what she currently wore."

He concludes "They say she had to wear that one outfit for several weeks after that!"

Laughter and "ews" punctuate the applause as Brock takes a bow...

Blog Entries

Default Re: Live From the Fireside: Season 3 (Week 78: The Old Meowth and the Old Growlithw)

New stories will continue in a new thread Friday, but I also want to introduce the new companion Brock will receive in my upcoming fic "Pokemon: The Song of Jewels"....

@Chimchar98; @The Jingster; @Tophat Dragoneye; @Soulmaster;

Week 78: The Old Meowth and the Old Growlithe

(real tale: The War of the Wolf and the Fox

The crowd roars as Brock arrives onstage--for most of the last month, reruns of the show have been broadcast because of Brock's vacation to the Minami region. "Thank you!" he calls to the crowd. "It's great to be back here once again, but I also had a wonderful time in Minami as well. But my adventures in Minami are not what I plan to tell this week."

He catches himself as piqued murmurs race through the crowd. "As for what I DO have planned to tell this week, I'm gonna have a little help from a friend I met while I was in Minami--she's made it big in the acting scene over there, and not long after I left, earned the right to sing the League anthem before the Minami League began--which is something an aspiring actor or actress can only do if they earn a rose button from performing well in every theater in the region. Many try every year, but only one will have the spirit, talent, and resolve to earn at least five rose buttons and be able to sing for the League."

Excited murmurs race through the crowd at this. "So please join me in welcoming Wendy Gorman to the stage."

Applause and some "aw"s fill the air as a red haired girl in a royal blue and silver shirt, a blue ranger's hat with a silver Poke Ball to match, black pants, and a teal scarf jogs onstage and waves to the crowd before hugging Brock. "Thank you!" she calls to the crowd before addressing Brock. "It's great to see you again, and a pleasure to join you on your home stage."

"The pleasure's all mine." Brock replies.

The lights go down, and when they come up again, Brock is in a spotlight at his place at center stage. "There was once a couple who owned a Meowth and a Growlithe that were getting old. One day, the man said to his wife..." He turns to address Wendy, who is standing in another spotlight across from him. "Why should we keep our old Meowth any longer? She never catches any Rattatas now-a-days..."

"Don't harm her, for I'm sure she could still catch a Rattata." Wendy pleads.

The lights blink back to Brock again. "The woman feared her husband planned to kill the old Meowth in some way, and the Meowth, who had heard the conversation, feared for her life as well." he explains. "So while her husband was out working, the woman set the Meowth free in the woods. The man accepted her ruse that the Meowth had ran away--he had been planning to drown the Meowth anyway."

Angry murmurs fill the air at this. "So now the couple wondered what to do with the old Growlithe." Brock explains before addressing Wendy in character as the man. "He is quite deaf and blind, and invariably barks when there is no need, and makes no sound when there is."

"Don't hurt him--he's surely not so useless as all that." Wendy protests.

"Again the woman feared her husband was going to kill the Growlithe in some fashion." Brock continues. "The Growlithe heard the whole thing too, and he too feared for his life. So the next day, the woman also set him free in the woods, and told her husband the Growlithe had ran away as well."

Sighs of relief go up at this. "Now it happened that the Meowth and the Growlithe met each other on their travels, and though they had not been the best of friends at home, they were quite glad to meet among strangers." Brock continues. "They sat down under a Cheri tree and both poured forth their woes."

Wendy tiptoes up to Brock, now in character as a Ninetales. "As the two of them talked, a Ninetales passed by, and seeing the pair sitting together in a disconsolate fashion, she asked them..." Brock narrates.

"Why are the two of you sitting here, and what are you grumbling about?" Wendy asks.

"I have caught many a Rattata in my day, but now that I am old and past work, I fear that my master wants to drown me." Brock replies in his best mimic of a female voice for the Meowth.

"Many a night have I watched and guarded my master's house, and now that I am old and deaf, I fear he wants to hang me." he then replies in an Ash-like voice for the Growlithe.

"That's the way of the world..." Wendy sighs as the Ninetales. "But I'll help you to get back into your master's favor, if you will help me with my own troubles in return."

Interested whispers fill the air as Wendy continues "A Mightyena has declared war against me, and is even now marching to meet me in company with Ursaring and Emboar, and tomorrow we will all fight each other to the death."

"You have our word that we will stand by you." Brock replies as the Growlithe.

"If we are killed, it is at any rate better to die on the field of battle than to perish ignobly at home," he adds as the Meowth.

Applause goes up at the interplay. "So Ninetales sent word to Mightyena to meet her at a certain place, and the three set forth to meet him and his friends." Brock narrates as he and Wendy walk around the stage to symbolize traveling. "Mightyena, Ursaring, and Emboar arrived first. After they had waited some time for Ninetales, Growlithe, and Meowth, Ursaring said..."

He switches to a deeper version of himself for Ursaring "I'll climb up into the oak tree, and see if I can see them coming."

Nervous giggles fill the air as Brock looks around the stage. "I can see nothing," he sighs in character as Ursaring. Then he looks around the stage again. "I can still see nothing."

When he looks a third time, he balks in feigned fear. "I see a mighty army in the distance, and one of the warriors has the biggest sword you ever saw!"

He then interjects as himself "But what Ursaring really saw was Meowth marching along with her tail erect."

Laughter goes up at this. "They laughed and jeered, and as it was hot that day, the Ursaring suggested they all take a nap before their battle. So Ursaring laid on hill by an oak tree, Mightyena lay down under the oak, and Emboar buried himself in some straw, so that nothing was seen of him but one ear." Brock explains. "While they were sleeping, Ninetales, Meowth, and Growlithe arrived." he intones as Wendy rejoins him onstage. "When Meowth saw Emboar's ear, she pounced upon it, thinking it was a Rattata in the straw."

The audience roars with laughter as Wendy narrates the chaos that ensues. "Emboar woke up with a jump, gave one loud grunt and disappeared into the wood. But Meowth was even more startled than Emboar--she scrambled up the hill, and right into Ursaring's face. Ursaring woke up with a jump too, and with a mighty growl he jumped down from the hill, fell right on the top of Mightyena, and knocked him out cold."

More laughter and some light applause goes up at this. "On their way back from battle, Ninetales caught scores of Pikachus, and when they reached the couple's cottage, she told Meowth..." Brock narrates.

"Take one Pikachu at a time, and lay them down before your master's feet." Wendy replies as the Ninetales.

"Meowth did as she was told, and the couple was stunned at the number of Pikachus." Brock continues. "The man realized the old Meowth still was a capable hunter after all, and decided to keep her a bit longer. Meanwhile, Ninetales said to Growlithe..."

Your master has just brought in some sausages to be cured; when it gets a little darker, you must go into the courtyard and bark with all your might." Wendy instructs as Ninetales.

"Growlithe did as he was told..." Brock picks up where Wendy leaves off. "The woman heard the ruckuss, and asked the man to see what the matter was. But the man blew it off as the Growlithe hearing things. Imagine their shock the next morning when they saw all the sausages gone, and a great hole in the floor. She scolded her husband for not trusting the Growlithe, but the man was even more amazed the Growlithe was still capable of guarding. So he decided to keep the Growlithe a bit longer as well.

Wendy grins as Brock concludes "Little did the couple know that it was the Ninetales that had carried away the sausages herself!"

Laughter and applause fill the air as Brock and Wendy both take a bow. "You know, Brock--there's one thing I feel we need to show to your home crowd..." Wendy smiles. "We need to do 'My Bright Silver Star' for them. I packed the tambourines and everything."

The crowd eagerly stomps their feet and chants "Show us! Show us!" Brock just smiles. "Okay--if you'll give us a minute to change, we'll show you the dance we made that took Minami by storm." More cheers fill the air as Brock and Wendy disappear backstage to change into costume.

After a few tense moments, Wendy returns to the stage from stage left, now clad in a ruffly royal blue and silver dress, with pale blue leggings and shoes to match. A royal blue ribbon in her hair completes the look.

Brock arrives a few seconds later, clad in a white shirt, a sparkling red jacket, and sparkling black pants with red shoes to match. "Ready?" he asks Wendy. She nods, so he signals the sound operator to cue the music.

Laughter fills the air as bagpipes blare into the auditorium and Brock and Wendy kick up their heels as if doing a Celtic-esque dance. The laughter turns to cheers as the two of them unfurl cosmic shaped tambourines--Brock a red crescent moon, and Wendy a royal blue star--and kick up their heels like two members of a chorus line.

High in the sky is a secret so sweet
    and a star that is glistening for a moment
    Brock starts the singing, shaking and banging the tambourine as he continues dancing.

Twinkling in his eyes is a fleeting small memory
    that his heart and mine, finally intertwined...
    Wendy echoes as she twirls in time to the music.

This thing called love doesn't make any sense
    I feel like I am floating up in the blue sky
    Brock sings.

His love surprised me, as we traveled through the sky
    And my heart dreams of him, every night and day...
    Wendy echoes.

I always was alone, now my heart's no longer empty
    Just us two, together, it has changed my life!
    The crowd roars with laughter as Brock dramatically poses before Wendy as he sings this line.

When I'm down, you appear, and you give me wings that soar and
    I can fly--when darkness comes, it's your embrace I run to!
    Wendy echoes.

The two of them sing together as they continue dancing and playing the tambourines Three, two, one, zero! Like a shining Thunderbolt
    You came into my life, and you gave my heart new hope

We two travel here and there, riding on the solar wind
    You are here, as my little silver star!

Close your eyes and count to three, you will teleport to me,
    And the love in your heart will keep flowing strong and free!

I've been waiting for this day, say 'I love you'-no delay!
    You'll be here for me, my bright silver star!
    Though you're millions of years away from me!

Thunderous cheers fill the auditorium as Brock and Wendy continue dancing, ending the song in a back-to-back pose....
    Last edited by LightningTopaz; 2nd January 2013 at 02:09 PM.

Because I like Tophats Tophat Dragoneye's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Live From the Fireside: Season 3 (Week 78: The Old Meowth and the Old Growlithe)

Wendy sounds like an interesting character and I'm also keen to read your new fic. By the way, is it possible we're going to see Wendy again in Live from the Fireside?
    Revolutionaryverse

Many thanks to Blue Dragon for the signature

ONE-shot: Forced into Retirement

Blog Entries

Default Re: Live From the Fireside: Season 3 (Week 78: The Old Meowth and the Old Growlithe)

Yes--she will make at least one return visit to see Brock in Season 4

His adventure with Wendy will premiere tomorrow

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123