EVERYONE: Live From the Fireside: Season 2 (Week 52: The Enchanted Deerling)

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Live From the Fireside: Season 2 (Week 52: The Enchanted Deerling)

Brock's Pikachu LightningTopaz's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default Live From the Fireside: Season 2 (Week 52: The Enchanted Deerling)

@Chimchar98; @Chaosj2; @Tophat Dragoneye; @Soulmaster;

Brock and the gang are back with more tales from around the Pokeworld!

Week 27: The Miko's Manners

(real tale: "Folktales from Japan" episode 14, story 3)

Brock grinned as he watched the grew hurry to finish preparations. <i>Here we go--the first show of the new season! This humorous tale from Lavender Town should be perfect for the occasion...</i>

After taking a deep breath to rid himself of the Beautiflies in his stomach, he ran onstage to meet the crowd.

"Once the elder of a certain village built a new house." he began. "When it was finished, he decided to throw a huge party to celebrate." Some in the crowd are surprised when Brock pulls a party popper to illustrate his point. "The problem was, the elder had never thrown a party before, and so the villagers had no clue what to wear, what to do, or how to act." The crowd giggles as Brock's quizzical look.

"The villagers decided to ask the miko, or priestess, for advice. The miko--let's call her Kuwa..." Brock is interrupted by the crowd voicing approval of the name he chose. "told the villagers she too was invited to the party--all the villagers had to do was follow her lead.

The day of the party came, and all the village turned out to wish their elder well. Kuwa was present as well, and blessed the elder and his family." He bows for effect. "The villagers followed their miko's lead, adding their well wishes. Then, Kuwa thanked the elder for inviting her, and the villagers did likewise."

"The elder commanded his servants to bring in the meal." Brock pauses to set an imagined plate on an imagined table. "The villagers waited until Kuwa had blessed the meal and taken the first bite, only then did they begin eating." Brock pantomimes cutting a piece of meat on his imagined plate. "The villagers copied everything Kuwa did--if she asked for seconds, they asked for seconds. If she made polite small talk with the elder, they made small talk amongst themselves. This even spilled over into Kuwa's nervous habits--if she scratched her head, so did the villagers. If she stiffled a giggle, they suppressed their own laughter."

Laughter fills the air at this. "Suddenly, a potato slipped from Kuwa's chopsticks and fell on the floor." Brock pauses to examine the stage, as if a potato had landed there. "Thinking this was good manners, the villagers also threw a potato on the floor." The crowd laughs as Brock pantomimes throwing something to the stage. "The elder was surprised at all the potatoes on the floor, but Kuwa couldn't resist giggling at how silly the elder looked. The villagers laughed right along with her, and before long, the whole house was howling with laughter." The crowd laughs in agreement.

"After she calmed the villagers down, Kuwa told the elder what had happened." Brock concludes. "The elder, luckily, was very understanding--for the rest of the night, he relaxed the rules a little. The villagers enjoyed themselves talking, laughing and dancing, and no one in the village could stop talking about the party for a long time."

The crowd roars as Brock takes a bow...
    Last edited by LightningTopaz; 3rd October 2012 at 09:30 AM.
    My URPG stats: Maya's status

SuBuWriMo status: 28,103 words in all!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Live From the Fireside: Season 2 (Week 28: Ash Meets His Match)

Week 28: Ash Meets His Match

(real tale: King Arthur Meets His Match)

"I'm going to do something a little different this week..." Brock begins as he looks out of the crowd. "My friend Ash has won his fair share of Pokemon battles, but there was one battle he'll never forget." Of course, this tall tale was loosely based on one of Ash's encounters with Gary, making it a not-quite-true story. The real Ash had enjoyed it when he had practiced it--now it was time to see if the crowd would enjoy it.

"If there is anything you'd consider a flaw in Ash, it's his pride." Brock explains. "He prides himself on his intelligence, his strength, his skill. He's challenged many powerful trainers, and won most of the time. But his biggest dream is to become a Pokemon Master."

Applause goes up at this. "But I digress..." Brock muses. "So one day, we were on our way to Goldenrod City, we overheard some people talking about a trainer strong enough to even defeat a Pokemon Master. Ash was excited at a potential challenge, so he pressed a girl for more information. She told us that while Ash was pretty tough, this trainer was even tougher. If this trainer defeated someone, she would take the defeated trainer's Pokemon as her own, and make the trainer her slave."

Gasps go up at this, so Brock decides to carry on his exaggeration. "Well, Ash doesn't take no for for an answer, and so we began looking far and wide for this amazing trainer, who was named Valencia. Many other trainers challenged Ash on the way, and he won every time."

The audience is on the edge of their seats as they wait to hear what happened next. "Before long, we came to this woodsy area not far from Ilex Forest, where we spotted a huge farmstead." Brock continues. "Many Pokemon were romping about, and many boys and girls of varying ages worked in the fields, with a young girl probably about thirteen to fifteen years old overseeing it all. She met us at the front gate and told us she was, in fact, Valencia."

Murmurs fill the air. "Valencia showed us around the majestic farm, and told us that all the boys, girls, and Pokemon were those she had defeated in battle." Brock explained. "Misty and I tried to talk Ash out of it, but he was determined to defeat her. So the match commenced--Pikachu against a Charmeleon--and all the workers dropped what they were doing to watch. It was a long and drawn out match, but Ash finally came through in the end!" Cheers go up at this.

"Needless to say, Ash hasn't been back there again, and that's probably a good thing." Brock concludes. "For it's always the young trainers that defeat Pokemon Masters and Mistresses."

The audience roars with applause as Brock takes a bow...

Not bad! If only it wasn't so short. i wish you'd actually shown us the battle, like the original tale.

Blog Entries

Hm, now that I think about it, maybe I could've included a few highlights of Pikachu vs. Charmeleon...

Oh well, that's what editing/second drafts are for!

Blog Entries

Maybe later on this season, we can see Brock practicing a revised version.

This week, I'll have the first sidestory of the season up

Blog Entries

Default Re: Live From the Fireside: Season 2 (Week 29: The Pikachu Warrior)

Week 29: The Pikachu Warrior

(real tale: "Folktales from Japan", episode 15, story 2)

"There was once a couple in a certain village that loved each other very much." Brock begins. One day, as the man was out gathering wood for the stove, he heard the crackle of thunderbolts in the distance. Since there was not a raincloud anywhere in the sky, the man decided to venture farther into the woods to see where the thunder was coming from.

It turned out that the thunder was coming from two Pikachus that were playfully sparring with each other." Some "oh"s go up at this. "One of them was very small, and probably was newly evolved." Brock makes a form in the air with his hands so the audience has an idea of how small this Pikachu is. "The other Pikachu was so large, it could have very well been a Raichu, if not well fed." He makes a slightly larger form in the air to prove his point.

"As the man watched from the brush, he saw that no matter how much the little Pikachu tried, the big Pikachu would always beat him. Yet the little Pikachu would charge back into their makeshift arena and try again." Brock continues as he paces the center of the stage, every so often glancing back towards the wings at stage right. "Eventually, the man recognized both Pikachus--the little one was once a Pichu that often came by his house. The big Pikachu often roamed around a rich man's house, where he probably had his fill of the choice food and drink."

"The man felt sorry for the little Pikachu, and vowed to do what he could so it could win a match with its playmate. So he returned home, and told his wife what he had seen. The woman loved her husband's idea, and suggested they leave Leppa Berries out for the little Pikachu." Brock then adds as an aside "One of their favorite foods in the wild."

Fascinated murmurs fill the room as Brock continues "But when they looked in the food pantry, there was hardly any Berries left. But the woman was undeterred--she left one of the few Leppa Berries they had remaining by one of the holes the Pichu-now Pikachu once used to enter the house."

"The next day, the man returned to the forest, where he found the two Pikachus preparing to face off in another friendly match." At this point, Brock has arrived back at his usual spot at center stage. "But this time, the little Pikachu held his ground against the endless barrages of Thunderbolts and Iron Tails...but just when it appeared the little Pikachu would win, the big Pikachu defeated him again." Some "aw"s go up from the crowd. "But the little Pikachu didn't give up." Brock assures the audience. "In fact, he charged right back into the makeshift arena and unleashed all the fury he had--he shocked his opponent with Thunderbolts, he bit him, he smacked him with Iron Tails, and rammed him with Volt Tackles--and finally won a match!"

The crowd cheers at this. "The man watched as the big Pikachu asked... " In character as a older boy, he asked "How did you get so strong so quickly? No Pikachu gains this much strength overnight!"

He replies in a young female voice that more or less sounds like Ash's Pikachu. "The humans in the village by the forest gave me some Leppa Berries as motivation to get stronger!"

"Really?" he replies as the big Pikachu. "Do you think they'll give me some too?"

"Sure they will!" he replies as the little Pikachu.

As himself, he continues. "The man returned home that night and told his wife what happened. They were up late gathering more Leppa Berries for both Pikachus, and the woman even made some warrior headbands for them with some white thread. They left the gifts by the hidey hole before going to bed that night."

Brock glances back towards stage right one last time, then continues "The next morning, the woman went with her husband to watch the Pikachus spar, and she was thrilled to see both of them wearing the headbands she made for them." Some "aw"s go up from the crowd as they picture how the Pikachus might have looked. "When they got home that night, they found that the Pikachus had left them some coins as thanks for the gifts."

He then concludes. "The little Pikachu eventually went on to meet Ash..." The crowd roars as Ash joins Brock on the stage, with Pikachu not far behind. "and as you can see, he's gotten plenty stronger since then!"

Pikachu waves to the crowd as Brock takes a bow...

Awww! :)

Because I like Tophats Tophat Dragoneye's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I like these stories about Ash and co's adventures you've written so far. Are you going to write more of them with, for example Misty?
    Revolutionaryverse

Many thanks to Blue Dragon for the signature

ONE-shot: Forced into Retirement

Blog Entries

If I can think of one that sounds like a Pokemon episode, I'll see what I can do.

Ash appeared at the end of this one to A. prove Brock's point, B. introduce the play in the sidestory, and C. buy Brock time to change into costume for said play

Blog Entries

Default Re: Live From the Fireside: Season 2 (Sidestory 4: Jewels of the Jungle, part 1)

Sidestory 4: Jewels of the Jungle (part 1)

Pikachu romps offstage as Ash and Brock embrace onstage. "I'll introduce the play while you go get into costume." Ash offers.

"Deal." With that, Brock treats offstage.

Ash notices Yuki at a piano at stage left. "Maestro, if you would, please."

Yuki nods and begins a spirited melody evocative of an old-timey melodrama as the lights go down. When she finishes the song, the spotlight comes up on Ash again, this time in a red and white tux with a sparkling red top hat to match. "Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls...it is now my privilege to introduce our little show." After acknowledging Pikachu as he returns with a number of cue cards in his paws, he continues over the piano "We now present a hypersensitive hypotenuse of humorless histrionics..."

"Whatever that means..." Yuki comments from the piano, to some laughter.

"Pika pi..." Pikachu agrees as he thumbs through the H section of the dictionary as Ash's H words get increasingly obscure.

"...entitled "Jewels of the Jungle, or 'Fiona Sleeps Tonight'" Ash finally concludes some minutes later, to some applause. "Now then...our story so far..."

The piano plays a few interested chords as Pikachu displays a cue card that reads "THE STORY SO FAR..." "First, let us meet Fiona, our brave and beautiful heroine." Ash announces.

The piano plays a harp-like melody as Whitlea, clad in a typical melodrama heroine's gown, walks onstage with a basket full of prop Berries draped over her arm. Pikachu holds up a "CHEER AND APPLAUD" cue card, making cheers and applause waft through the crowd. But Pikachu is unnerved by the halfhearted applause, and holds up a cue card that reads "I DIDN"T HEAR YOU!!!!" The audience roars with cheers and applause at this. When Ash looks over at Pikachu to see what the matter is, Pikachu motions for him to continue, holding a cue card that reads "YOU WERE SAYING?"

"Innocent, loving, and pure of heart..." Ash muses as Whitlea continues walking cutely. "She has adventuring down to an art!" It turns out the gown only concealed Whitlea's real costume--a safari outfit, for this particular play. "Pursuing her with intentions so ville, is one Sir Vincent de Guile!"

The piano plays a tense riff and Pikachu holds up a "BOO! HISS!" card as Brock appears in a spotlight in a typical melodramatic bad guy costume. "But just when it seems that Fiona's fate looks bleak..." Ash narrates, making the crowd gasp as Brock menacingly approaches Whitlea, who feigns fear. "Her friend Morgan would save her, despite his looks so meek."

At that second, Blair dashes on the stage and assumes a karate pose over a triumphant piano chord, making Brock flee in fear. Pikachu holds up the "CHEER and APPLAUD" card again as the lights go down over an exciting piano melody, making some in the audience clap along.

The lights come up on Ash at stage left. "Our story begins on a beautiful morning, while Fiona and Morgan were on a trip around the world..."

The lights come up on a set of sky, where Blair and Whitlea are "riding" a prop Pidgeot. "According to the map, we should be over the jungles of Fiore very soon." Blair reports as he studies a map.

"I've always dreamed of going on safari!" Whitlea smiles. "Wonder what kinds of Pokemon we'll see?"

The piano plays a tense riff as the lights go down. "But unbeknownst to our intrepid explorers, Sir Vincent de Guile was hot on their trail in the sea below." Ash narrates. "What sort of dastardly scheme does he have up his sleeve this time?"

The lights come up again on Brock riding a prop Blastoise as "water" swirls around him. "If my calculations are correct, they'll fly into a thunderstorm right about....now..."

As if on cue, the lights blink off, "thunder" rolls, and "lightning" flashes across the room, culminating in Blair and Whitlea screaming from the darkness. "Could that mean the end of our brave adventurers?" Ash asks from a spotlight at stage left.

"I HOPE NOT..." reads Pikachu's next cue card, to some laughter.

The audience roars as the lights come up on Whitlea and Blair in a jungle. "Whew...we survived, but our Pidgeot's flown away..." Blair sighs.

"That's okay, we can ask one of the jungle birds to help." Whitlea assures Blair.

"It won't be so simple as that, dear Fiona..." Ash cautions over the piano as the lights blink over to Brock in another part of the "jungle".

"Curses...they're alive!" Brock mutters over the boos and hisses from the audience. "But no matter...I will find them on this island and make short work of them!"

He balks at Pikachu's next title card, which reads "SUCKER!!!" and has an arrow pointing at him. "Who asked you, pipsqueak?" he demands.

Pikachu just displays his next title card, which reads "I DON"T KNOW, I'M ONLY HERE TO SHOW THE AUDIENCE CUES." The audience howls with laughter at this.

The lights blink over to Blair and Whitlea climbing an outcropping. "Goodness, it's a long way up..." Whitlea comments.

"We're almost there, so we'll make it." Blair assures Whitlea.

The audience gasps as Brock emerges from some bushes with a slingshot. "And I'll make sure that they don't!" With that, he fires a rock as the lights go down, and Whitlea screams in terror!

The piano plays an ominous tune as the lights come up on Brock addressing Whitlea, who is now in a bamboo cage. "Hello there, miss Fiona..." Brock begins over a bemused chuckle.

"It's you! My sworn nemesis, Sir Vincent de Guile!" Whitlea retorts. The audience boos and hisses at Brock's character's name.

"Who did you expect? Arran Seluna?" Brock snidely replies, making the audience roar with laughter over the piano as the lights go down.

"The fiend! He's taken her to the cliff!" Ash comments as the lights come up on Whitlea standing on the edge of a cliff, her hands and feet bound.

"WELL, WHERE ELSE COULD HE TAKE HER?" reads Pikachu's cue card.

"What do you intend to do to me?" Whitlea demands.

"Merely drop you in the river that rushes a thousand feet below, that's all." Brock explains.

"I just so happen to know how to swim..." Whitlea comments.

"Oh, but there's a 2,000 foot waterfall by the river's mouth..." Brock cautions. "Are you able to swim that far, dear Fiona?"

"SHE SURE CAN!" reads Pikachu's next cue card.

"I can try..." Whitlea swallows hard.

"Try this!" Brock announces at the lights go down.

Whitlea's scream pierces the darkness. "Oh no? Is Fiona all washed up? Can Morgan find her in time? Find out in part 2 of 'Jewels of the Jungle'!" Ash announces from the dark before the lights come up for intermission...
    Last edited by LightningTopaz; 11th July 2012 at 07:08 PM.

Because I like Tophats Tophat Dragoneye's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Live From the Fireside: Season 2 (Sidestory 4: Jewels of the Jungle, part 1)

Quite a funny tale this time. And Pikachu sure helped with the comedy part. I especially like this part:

Pikachu just displays his next title card, which reads "I DON"T KNOW, I'M ONLY HERE TO SHOW THE AUDIENCE CUES." The audience howls with laughter at this.
    Revolutionaryverse

Many thanks to Blue Dragon for the signature

ONE-shot: Forced into Retirement

Blog Entries

I thought I'd try something a bit different with a spoof of a melodrama--it was originally going to be a straight melodrama, but after seeing all the cue card cues in the script I was originally basing the story on, I decided to run with it, making the story evolve into a spoof of a melodrama.

Stay tuned for more of Pikachu's cue card commentary
    Last edited by LightningTopaz; 12th July 2012 at 05:08 PM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Live From the Fireside: Season 2 (Sidestory 4: Jewels of the Jungle, part 2)

Sidestory 4: Jewels of the Jungle (part 2)

"How am I doing playing the bad guy?" Brock asks as he slips backstage to check the script for the next part of the spoof melodrama.

"It's certainly a different side of you--usually you are playing the heroes or comic roles." Akane replies.

"And yet, you make Sir Vincent de Guile a comic role in his own way." Lotta agrees.

"The next time we do a sketch with your friends, we should do a superhero story!" Rylan suggests.

"What a wonderful idea!" Akane smiles. "You would make the perfect superhero, Brock..."

Yuki playing a festive interlude snaps Brock to attention. "I gotta get going--time for Act 2."

Onstage, Ash appears in a spotlight as the piano's festive interlude segues into a tense melody. "When we last left our intrepid heroine Fiona..." Ash begins as Pikachu displays a "WHEN WE LAST LEFT OUR HEROES..." cue card. "she was headed for a 2,000 foot plunge down a jungle waterfall. Now, Morgan races as fast as he can to free her from the harrowing freefall..."

He lets that hang as the lights come up on Blair looking through some brush by the river. "There she is...if I don't free her from that log, she'll fall down that huge waterfall up ahead! I have to do something!"

Pikachu's next cue card reads "DON'T JUST STAND THERE, GET GOING!" as the piano plays a frantic melody. Blair gives Pikachu a nod, and dives into the "water", where he pantomimes swimming.

The lights blink over to Whitlea by stage right. "If I can just get my hands free, I can keep this up a little longer..."

"But not for long, my dear Fiona..." Brock intones from offstage to the audience's boos.

Blair, meanwhile, has climed down from a ledge by the bank and is attempting to grab Whitlea as she approaches his location. But before he can pull her to safety, his rope gives way, sending him into the water as well.

"There you are, Morgan!" Whitlea smiles as Blair "swims" up to her and undoes her bindings.

Pikachu shows a cue card that reads "WHEW..." prompting the audience to heave a sigh of relief.

Brock just winces as Blair guides Whitlea to safety. "Curses! Foiled again!"

"Sir Vincent de Guile may have been foiled for now, but that's only the least of Fiona's worries!" Ash narrates from his spotlight before Whitlea screams again.

The lights come up on Whitlea struggling to get free from a prop Infernape. "Let me go, you big furball!"

"Wait a minute...where did these Infernapes come from?" Ash wonders.

Brock smirks in a spotlight at stage left. "I'll never tell...." Some in the audience boo, while some others laugh at the comment.

The lights blink back to Ash as the piano plays an ominous melody. "And so, Fiona is back in the clutches of Sir Vincent de Guile..."

"AGAIN?" reads Pikachu's next cue card.

"As you can see, dear Fiona, this trap is simple in nature..." Brock explains as he walks around where Whitlea is hanging over what appears to be a pit. "As the Chimchars eat the Nanab berries, the difference in weight will cause you to move lower and lower into this pit of Croconaws!" The audience boos when Pikachu displays the "BOO! HISS!" card.

"He may be a dastardly fiend, but he's a smart dastardly fiend at that." Whitlea deadpans as she inches towards the pit.

"YOU GOT THAT RIGHT." reads Pikachu's next cue card.

"I appreciate the compliment, my dear, but it won't save you..." Brock sneers over the piano's tense melody.

"I KNOW WHAT WILL SAVE HER!" Pikachu's next cue card reads.

"It looks like the end for the lovely Fiona...' Ash sighs from his spotlight before spotting Blair sneaking in with some Nanab Berries. "But wait! Morgan may have a plan of his own!"

"OF COURSE HE DOES!" Pikachu's cue card reads.

"If I hide these in the brush, the Chimchars will forget about the other bunch, and I can save Fiona!" Blair explains before heaving his berries into some brush. The audience laughs at the Chimchar sound effects.

Meanwhile, Whitlea spots a loose branch and throws it down the pit, just as her rope gives way.

"OH NO!" Pikachu's next cue card reads as the audience gasps in fear.

The fearful murmurs turn into cheers as Whitlea rockets out of the pit some seconds later to safety. "I was a championship gymnast in my younger days." she explains. "I used the branch to clamp the Croconaw's mouths shut, then used it as a springboard."

"SO THAT'S HOW SHE ESCAPED..." reads the next cue card.

The piano's song then turns tense again. "But Sir Vincent de Guile is not giving up just yet..." Ash intones.

He is interrupted by Whitlea crying "HI-YAH!" before the audience sees the Infernapes rubbing their hands in pain.

"Now why didn't I think of that..." Brock muses, to some laughter as the lights go down.

"THE HEROES USUALLY THINK OF THE GOOD IDEAS FIRST!" Pikachu's cue card reads as the piano plays an exciting melody.

The lights come up on Blair and Whitlea standing on a high cliff. "I asked a Pidgeot to travel with us--she'll land on top of this cliff and get us out of here." Blair explains.

"That turned out to be a foolish mistake, you two..." Brock intones as he walks in the scene. "You're trapped!"

A Pidgeot squawk from offstage prompts Pikachu to display a "NOT FOR LONG!" card as the lights go down.

All Brock can say is "Curses! Foiled again!" as the lights blink off and Pikachu displays a THE END card.

The crowd roars as the cast comes out to take a bow....
    Last edited by LightningTopaz; 13th July 2012 at 09:06 PM.

Default Re: Live From the Fireside: Season 2 (Sidestory 4: Jewels of the Jungle, part 2)

:) That was pretty darn good, I must say!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast