Just a Glimpse (Eldershipping, G)

Thread: Just a Glimpse (Eldershipping, G)

Manga Sam Fangirl Revolutionary Girl's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Just a Glimpse (Eldershipping, G)

Disclaimer: Pokemon continues to belong to a number of people who have a lot of money and power, both here in America and abroad. All apologies to said people for borrowing their stuff without their permission: I'm just inflicting my overblown prose and fever dreams upon your characters/ situations.

Prelude: On another fandom's mailing list, the challenge was put forth: Write about your favorite couple confessing their feelings in 100 words. I thought it might be fun to try--but I'm too wordy, so I jacked up the word limit to 300 words and modified the challenge a bit. Eldershipping, based on the little snippet described from Pokemon 2000 (and I bet I got the convo wrong). Enjoy, all comments welcome.

Just a Glimpse

I ride past your house every day, as I have for years. Everyone believes it's for personal training, but I do it mainly to catch a glimpse of you.

On these daily travels, I have seen fragments of your life.

The exuberant girl in pigtails, coming to visit my handsome young assistant.

The patient wife, cooking breakfast for the husband who would soon value his Gym over his home.

The worried mother, constantly fussing over the son who would soon choose his own journey over her devotion.

I have long cherished those images, have wanted to be a part of them.

Today you are gardening, a typical sight. But as I stop to speak, I see other visions of you.

The master, gently but firmly encouraging her pokemon to do his chores and herself to keep her home in order.

The nurturer, who tends to her flowers with loving care.

The beauty, who artfully hides her feminine charms under her bonnet.

Then you turn to me and smile. "Morning, Professor!"

Do you have your own glimpses of me? Are they as pleasing to you as yours are to me?

Should I try to become a part of those long-treasured, momentary visions?

Perhaps the best way to begin doing so is with a fragment of what I see.

"Good morning, Delia. Well, you certainly do have a green thumb!"

The End

Postlude: Comes to 228 words. Not bad for a Chatty Kathy like me, LOL. It's a fun exercise to try, if nothing else!

"Ol' Flying Fingers Sammy jumped the gun."

Pokemaniacs Anonymous: Growing old =/= growing up.

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

*clap, clap* Brava! Braaaaaaava!

Aww, cuteness!

Crushy Sammy admiring Delia is so sweet.

Good job! ^^

And I agree, a hundred words is way too short.

"Kiss My Ash!" - me
    I am a proud defender of Ash.
    Why?
    Because he is such a cutie!
    Member of the OPS and proud supporter of Pokeshipping
    Check out my fanfiction

Manga Sam Fangirl Revolutionary Girl's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yay! Togepretty read me! *_* *faints*I'm so glad you liked it.

This ficlet's a wee bit of a departure for me. I'm naturally an uber angst girl, who needs a narrator-controlled epic to get it all out. Nowadays, because fluff is making a return, and because POVs are becoming even more hot amongst my cronies, I'm trying to get into my inner 1st Person Hit-It-and-Get-Out Fluffy Fangirl. It's actually really fun!

Thank you for the phrase Crushy Sammy! He has so many incarnations in my head that it's hard finding ways to describe them all!

*throws flowers to Togepretty and Blackjack*

Incidentally, these little ficlets have a name. They're called drabbles, and apparently people do them just to get out of writer's block things. I never knew... Fanfiction's a fun world!

Let's see if I can keep not working at work by dropping a review over at Baby Days part 2...

"Ol' Flying Fingers Sammy jumped the gun."

Pokemaniacs Anonymous: Growing old =/= growing up.