TEEN: Journey out of Mt. Coronet - Page 4

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Journey out of Mt. Coronet

◓Gypsy Vanner Horse Kyuuketsuki's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Journey out of Mt. Coronet

Quote Originally Posted by AceTrainer14 View Post
    This chapter was informative, but I think it moved a bit too fast for my liking. I would have liked to have seen a bit more of his Pokemon before we jumped into the memory, but hopefully we can see more of them later. Glad to see more of Wasaki :)
    Edit: Wow, posted at the same time of a new chapter! LOL! Anyway, I feel very bad for poor Prinplup. :( It's clear Noah is developing, so I sense we may see Prinplup again soon. And the lady with the Torterra is back! Interesting.... I wonder....
    I was confused with your comment at first, then guessed the time it was posted. I felt bad as well when it was time to write that part as well... Torterra girl is back, wonder what will happen... 3 chapters left. :)

Moderator AceTrainer14's Avatar Forum Head
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Only three :o I'm very excited now :D

^^^^ The GalacticVerse Bibliography (Thanks to Blazaking for Banner) ^^^^

Blog Entries

Default Journey out of Mt. Coronet

Noah had just arrived at Hearthome City, and his first instinct was to go to the Gym and get his third Badge, which he managed to accomplish easily. Fantina barely put up a challenge, and her Pokémon were all defeated by Luxio’s Bite.

He was very proud of himself. Defeating Wasaki, Fantina and several other trainers without losing once was an accomplishment, as his win streaks had previously all been broken by Wasaki.

But he hadn’t seen his archenemy for almost a week now, and Noah hoped that Wasaki gave up and returned to Twinleaf, giving everyone the news that Noah was the strongest trainer from the small town.

Four Pokéballs were attached to Noah’s belt, and the only change that occurred to his team was getting rid of the Buizel that lost two battles in a row. And at that moment, Noah decided that he would only use these four Pokémon to take on the Champion, as training just four Pokémon will make them stronger than they would if he intended on training a team of six.

His team was strong enough to take on the next Gym with ease, and Noah felt all of his dreams, ambitions, and hopes come together. The reason for starting this journey was to become strong, and prove to everyone that he can protect his family. If he can become known across Sinnoh, then no one would dare to harm his family in the same way that his father once did, and his sister would probably return to live with them.

Noah entered the Pokémon Center, and dumped all of his Pokéballs on the counter. “Do your job,” He said rudely. “Just don’t lose any of them.”

The nurse stared at Noah, hoping for an apology, but all she received was a wave from Noah that indicated she should go about her business. She placed the Pokéballs in the healing machine, slamming every single one of them in, still hoping for an apology, but to no avail.

Noah was too absorbed in his own thoughts to notice her. He thought about his mother, and how he promised to visit her, this certainly was about time he did so. The journey back to Twinleaf won’t take long, and he’ll probably have a chance to train along the way as well.

“Here are your Pokémon,” The nurse returned with his four Pokéballs between her arms, but instead of handing them over to Noah, she slammed them against the counter, causing them to bounce and scatter across the Pokémon Center. “Oh, I’m sorry,” She said in an innocent tone, though it was obviously forced. “Would you mind if I helped you with those?”

“Actually-“

“Have a nice day,” She interrupted and gave him the fakest smile she could muster. “We hope to see you again, I really do.” She turned her back to Noah before he could protest, and instead of shouting and creating a scene, he went after his Pokéballs.

He grabbed the first, and reattached it to his belt, then the second, and the third. He searched for the last one, and found it near the entrance, and as his misfortune would have it, a woman walked through the door.

She stepped on the Pokéball and was overwhelmed by the confusion of toppling back and Noah’s screams at her. Her high heel had broken, and the Pokéball rolled towards Noah, who picked it up and attached it to his belt, then went to help the lady up.

“Thank you,” She said as Noah pulled her up. “What just happened?”

“I’m sorry,” Noah sighed. “I just-“

He stared at the lady for a few seconds, and she stared back, squinting her eyes. “We met in Jubilife!” She beamed all of the sudden and flung her eyelids open, causing Noah to jump at the sudden exclamation.

“We did,” Noah grinned. “You’re the lady with the Torterra. If I recall correctly, I defeated you. I should have expected running into you here, you did say you wanted to be a failed Pokémon Trainer, or what you call a Coordinator.”

“We’re not failed Trainers,” She said with frustration in her voice. “Torterra was strong enough to evolve from a Turtwig!”

“Yet, I defeated her with a Pokémon that didn’t evolve fully and had a type disadvantage against your Pokémon,” Noah laughed and pushed the woman to the side, against her will. “I better get going, I have no time to deal with people like you.”

She gasped when the push became more forceful, and she was entirely out of the door’s way. Noah started walking, and as soon as he made his first step, she pushed his side, causing his to smash against the side of the doorframe. She gave him a smug look, picked up her broken heel, and walked away with her head held high.

“What’s with all the women today?” Noah muttered, and reconsidered visiting his mother. He then looked down, and noticed a Pokéball on the ground. It was the same one that broke the Coordinator’s heel, but it had suffered a small scratch across the magnetic area, which made it separate from his belt when he hit the doorframe.

Noah attached it back to his belt. The Pokéball looked normal, but as he walked, he noticed that it toppled a little bit. As a test, he stomped his foot, and as predicted, it separated.

“Great,” Noah said as he reattached it. “Any sudden vibration will make it fall.”

He began walking once more. After considering buying a new Pokéball for Prinplup, he decided that it would be best if he just waited till he gets to Twinleaf, and ask Professor Rowan for a new Pokéball along the way, it will be free, and nothing bad can happen between now and then.

Noah strolled the streets of Hearthome City, and reached the luscious Route 208. All along, his hand was on Prinplup’s Pokéball, making sure that it wouldn’t fall and possibly lead Noah to losing his strongest Pokémon. Noah eventually entered Mt. Coronet, and walked towards the other exit.

“Hey, Noah!” A familiar voice echoes through the cave, he turned back to see the Coordinator rushing towards him. She ran past him, and into the deeper parts of the cave, where she stopped and called out to him. “If you really think you’re stronger than me, then battle me one last time, in the deepest parts of this cave!”

Noah was hesitant on whether he should take her offer or not, he wanted to see his mother, fulfill his promise, because there was no use in being the strongest Trainer in Sinnoh if he can’t even keep a promise.

But he had also promised his mother that he would become strong, and battling would surely help him. Noah smiled, and took his steps towards the lady, slow at first, but then picking up the pace, and eventually running after her as she jogged towards what seemed like a large body of water.

J'ai Envie De Toi AetherX's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Ooh... It's all coming together. This seems like it was planned out very well.

Another good chapter, looking forward to the next one.

Unpredictable - Fan Fic
    Find me on Soundcloud

Blog Entries

Glad to see that you've liked it!

I did plan the entire thing before I wrote it, and I left a couple of (very subtle) hints to foreshadow the end, which should arrive in Chapter 11, currently being written.

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Im getting excited now, I think I know what's going to happen :D Im glad to see this part was a whole memory, made it less confusing

Blog Entries

Why don't you share your thought under spoiler tags? I want to know what you think might happen.

Blog Entries
    Follow Shadow Raikou On Twitter Add Shadow Raikou on Google+
    Visit Shadow Raikou's Youtube Channel

You know... I would love if he trained those pokes. I mean... Tools? That Sucks. Ill love if he gets better in the sequel.

They should make all quadruple Pokemon ride able along with Gogoat.

Blog Entries

There might not be a sequel...

Blog Entries

Default Journey out of Mt. Coronet

The enterance of Mt. Coronet loomed, but it wasn’t inviting; something else was. A young woman, vibrant with colors entered the cave. Noah recognized her as the one he battled and defeated in Jubilife. His curiosity rushed back to him, and against his will, his body got up and walked towards Mt. Coronet.

There was a sudden flash of memories that invaded his mind as soon as the woman’s face was visible. She had turned around for a split second to observe the sky that was darkening, but it was enough to remind Noah of all that had happened in Hearthome when he first arrived here.

He was more determined than ever, this woman must have played a major part in his journey, or else he wouldn’t have such a great recollection of memories. He went on, rushing towards the entrance, desperate as to not lose sight of the woman. But with every step he took, he regretted leaving Prinplup even more. This was the most crucial part of his experience, and as much as he hated to admit it to himself, Prinplup was important to him.

The fact that he can’t go back and retrieve it without risking losing track of this mysterious woman made his heart sink, and he felt as if his entire body was missing an important part, the same feeling he had when his sister moved out.

The darkness of the cave overtook the scene when Noah entered Mt. Coronet, and he managed to catch a glimpse of the colorful human as she turned around a corner. It was like a staged chase scene, every turn he took, he would only catch a glance. Noah followed her through twists and turns all too familiar for him, and it didn’t take long for him to guess where she was heading.

The lake, this was surely coming to an end. He could remember following her to the lake a week ago, she was without a doubt connected to all of this. The lady was sitting on her, her dress was dirty, and her eyes were searching the waters.

Noah approached her, as silently as he could, and was soon standing over her. His reflection appeared in the water above hers, and her face changed expressions from worry to surprise. She reached out and splashed the water, before realizing that Noah was behind her.

She got up and turned around. Her hands moved to cover her mouth, and to muffle a gasp. “Noah,” She uttered with complete weakness, and in an act that surprised Noah, threw her arms around him, and held him in a tight embrace. “I’m so glad you’re well.”

Noah could feel her tears flooding out of her eyes and spilling into his shirt. He was confused, and without thinking, he raised his right arm, and patted her back with it. Noah searched for words, but couldn’t find any; they were all lost, as if he had never even to speak.

The woman cried even more, and her sobbing became hysterical. Her arms tightened, and Noah felt her legs trembling, almost giving away. “I-“ His voice cracked, not knowing what to say. “I don’t know-“

This was surely not what Noah had expected. A tearful hug filled with confusion and emotion from a Coordinator, when his expectations had been completely outlandish, and completely irrelevant to his situation.

“Would you-“ He tried to speak once more, but his voice was refusing to come out of his mouth. “Tell me-“ He took in a large amount of air, and exhaled. “Would you mind telling me what happened?”

The crying slowed down, and the lady broke their embrace. She started wiping her tears away, and struggled to breath regularly. “You don’t?” She said in such a weak voice that wouldn’t have been heard by Noah had they not were in a secluded area. “Don’t remember?”

“No,” Noah said, his hands rested on her shoulders, and his eyes met hers when he lowered himself a few centimeters. “I don’t remember anything from the point of which I followed you to this lake.” His hands tightened a little. “Please, I beg you, tell you what happened.”

She raised her arms, and they entwined with Noah’s. She then proceeded to lower the both of them to the ground, and soon they were sitting on the dirt, looking into each other’s eyes. “You must think I’m crazy,” She let out a weak laugh. “You can’t even re-“

“No,” Noah pleaded. “You’re not crazy. Please just tell me.”

“I will,” She said. “But please wait for me to finish my story.” She breathed for a few seconds, and wiped away more tears. “And I hope that you can forgive me.”

Noah’s expectations shifted once more. What she said implied that it was her fault, that this all happened because of her. Noah felt weak. His arms dropped from her shoulders, and rested by his sides after they fell and got dragged across the ground of the cave.

His world suddenly changed in a matter of minutes. He wanted Prinplup to be here; he had an emotional connection with the Pokémon. A Coordinator just implied that he got stuck in Mt. Coronet because of her, and the last thing he could remember was chasing her to battle. It was highly likeable that she had defeated him.

This whole experience has proven that collecting Badges wasn’t his top priority; he ignored it for a week, even when he the chance to go on. Noah found himself overcome with a sense of shattering as soon as she asked for his forgiveness.

“Just tell me,” Noah sighed. “I will forgive you, I promise. There is nothing you did that could be as bad as what I had expected.” His voice started breaking, and his eyes welled up with tears. “Please, don’t make me wait any longer. I want to know what happened to me, there is nothing I want right now more than you telling me what happened. Please, I’ll do anything.”

Trophies
    Blog Entries

My thoughts were correct: I thought she was the cause of what happened! :D A great penultimate chapter, I cant wait for the final chapters!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AceTrainer14 View Post
    My thoughts were correct: I thought she was the cause of what happened! :D A great penultimate chapter, I cant wait for the final chapters!
    Thank you, I hope you you like it as well. Your thoughts were correct in that she is involved, but regarding the details, we'll have to wait and see. Thank you for reading and commenting.

J'ai Envie De Toi AetherX's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

I can't wait for the next one! This was interesting, it seems to me that the woman was under the impression that Noah hadn't made it out alive. I guess this just goes to show, you don't need legendaries or an evil terrorist organization to have adventures in the Pokemon world.

Unpredictable - Fan Fic
    Find me on Soundcloud

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AetherX View Post
    I can't wait for the next one! This was interesting, it seems to me that the woman was under the impression that Noah hadn't made it out alive. I guess this just goes to show, you don't need legendaries or an evil terrorist organization to have adventures in the Pokemon world.
    Oh you don't... *deletes Team Rocket's comeback with Mewtwo*

Back to real business... Glad to see that you've liked it, and hopefully you'll like the last chapter.

Blog Entries
    Follow Shadow Raikou On Twitter Add Shadow Raikou on Google+
    Visit Shadow Raikou's Youtube Channel

some thoughts are coming in my mind. You know kyuu you are great describing the scenes where emotions have a place. and i wished prinplup evolved before going into the box. you know, box is a great place for pokemon, but only if there are more to accompany them. not stay away with five of your freinds in rowan's big yard.

They should make all quadruple Pokemon ride able along with Gogoat.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast