If There's Anything To Be- Cynthia

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Cabaret
  • 1 Post By Zekurom

Thread: If There's Anything To Be- Cynthia

I feel so much spring... Cabaret's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default If There's Anything To Be- Cynthia

Well after A Queen of Snow went "well". I decided I would post a very very reacently written song/poem that depicts Cynthia in pokemon Platnium and what she's dealing with when you DON'T see her. I think the song/poem does her justice and is part of a pokemon musical I am writing. While the idea is skeptical, I plan on making it as real as possible. Thoughts on the idea? Like the poem/song? REVIEW.

Note: Keep in mind, it's short for a reason. There.

If There's Anything To Be

Cynthia:

Mop mop mop mop mop I mopped it, and all that's left of love, I've dropped it. It's kept nice and clean while you're gone away. Yet another day. Barry, the cries, the laughs, the sighs, and all because of loves demise, I think...so I eat, and I sleep. And the sweet complextion that the creatures give me, becoming less sincere. And the firm direction, of the life I'm living is becoming lesser clear. You never told me why you left. And now I stumble and I jest-

Love is fearful, It holds you to the wall.
    Love is spiteful, catches after the fall.
    Love brings joy, where credits often due.
    I said goodbye to joy when I said goodbye to you.

Table set. The rooms aglow, a big romatic hue. The food is nice and all,-despite...where are you? I cross the dining room, candles glowing, I bottle the emotions still they're showing. Who's the other person, are they nice? Look at my expression: cold as ice. Tension starts arising, food gets cold, I'm stuck realizing: this is old. What a sorry loser I've turned out to be, all I seem to want is the longing to break free. Lifes becoming flat, I'm becoming teary, that is where I'm at, all in all I'm dreary. Don't be surprised when life turns out to be, a clumsy old catastrophe and-

So now, keeping true to the vow, though not knowing how I've managed to survive in this state. Am I being too tough, am I being a fool, am I being too gruff, breaking a golden rule. Did you ever cry knowing the emotions would subside, did you know that the pain to be here wouldn't abide? Now I'm alone in this house, our house, my house, dammit love is blinded by this house. Another sleepless night I sleep with grief, a night alone I should be spending asleep. Do I do what is natural, do I do what is needed, do I do what is pure of heart or regularlly unheeded. Did you think that it was a lousy thing to say, as nothing but emotion puts the notion in sway-

But now I'm through.
    I said now I'm through.
    All and all I'm through!
    Last edited by Cabaret; 17th February 2011 at 10:29 PM.

is obsessed with Noivern! Zekurom's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: If There's Anything To Be- Cynthia

So... is there a tune to this song?

It rhymes really nicely. I'd like to see this in song form XD
    The word "quadragonal" is the only word with "dragon" in it where "dragon" is not a root word. That makes it awesome.

Black&White!

Real short, but real nice. Another great one dude, I'm guessing from the first part, Cynthia was talking about Barry?
    My fanfiction: http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f227/my-pokemon-journey-98337/
    I have claimed Gold/Ethan!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zekürom View Post
    So... is there a tune to this song?

It rhymes really nicely. I'd like to see this in song form XD
    My specialty. It has a very fluctuating rhythm, from fast and furious in the "Who's the other person, are they nice? Look at my expression: cold as ice." To a very soft and ballad rhythm in the "It's kept nice and clean while you're gone away. yet another day." and sings very well when performed. This probably won't be the final form of the song, but it's how I'm leaving it now for time constraints upon performance.

not a tune yet. It's at the piano stage.

Get the cool shoeshine! Glitchitar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Haha. I'm rapping this like Professor Green! This is awesome, man. Real praise, here. The first three lines of the chorus should be sung by Lily Allen, then the last line rapped by Professor Green. Verses rapped by Professor Green are appropriate.
    Last edited by Glitchitar; 20th February 2011 at 07:22 AM.

Blog Entries

It's not supposed to be a...rap...it's actually a part of a pokemon musical project I am working on, it's most likely goig to parody pokemon in many ways. But since it has no tune, you are free to interprete it anyway you would like.

Fanfic Writer some colour no doubt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

From a purely technical standpoint, this is well good. It flows, it rhymes and was a joy to read, and as others have stated, I would love to see it in song form.

Blog Entries

These reviews have inspired me to write an epic poem. Seven to eight pages of pure poetry.

Blog Entries

Thanks for reviewing my song; in turn, I'll do the same for yours.

I enjoy the theme. I like that at times, there's a sense of urgency that eventually turns into calmness. At the end, I can hear in my mind a big finale full of emotion. I don't play the games, however, so I don't exactly know Cynthia's role is and how this song relates to her (sorry!).

There were a few grammatical and spelling errors here and there, so I decided to try and help correct those.

Many of those corrections are my preferences; you don't have to change what you don't want.

Keep up the great work!

Blog Entries

Thank you for the support. As for any choice of wording, all of that is strictly to rhyme and flow, to make every line have the same amount of beats.as for the punctuational errors, I didn't know quite how to punctuate it, considering the fact that poems and songs differently flow themselves. Generally, every paragraph signifies a different point in time, which the music generally is different among rhythm.

Get the cool shoeshine! Glitchitar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Oh haha. ROFL. And the reason I ROFL'd is because i'm watching The Spy Next Door outtakes and the response to rap. I might try to slow me down a little (because when I started singing, I didn't know that an hour of looking for remixes would cause me to sing fast.). This is a lovely song, and I hope you get that musical running (with Nintendo's answers, I hope you do.)

is obsessed with Noivern! Zekurom's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WingullStrike View Post
    Thank you for the support. As for any choice of wording, all of that is strictly to rhyme and flow, to make every line have the same amount of beats.
    You don't have to follow this strictly. You can sometimes accommodate for an extra beat or two here and there in the song.
    The word "quadragonal" is the only word with "dragon" in it where "dragon" is not a root word. That makes it awesome.

Blog Entries

Visit Kavidun's Youtube Channel

This is a great song. Love it.

Great ideas. Cannot wait until the poem :)
    I claimed Phoenix Wright 2001 ~ Pursuit Cornered.
    Quote Originally Posted by PkmnGreen View Post
    "Mario made Yoshi fall down a cliff to save himself! What an asshole!"
    Quote Originally Posted by $aturn¥oshi;bt213233
    I like to throw turnips at people and say "Take that, Shy Guy!"

Holy sweet mother of Xerneas.... Now I have to find this 'epic thing of poetry' you did, as well as the rest of the stuff in this vein...